Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Colette Tocca for women

Colette Tocca for women
dislike

Colette includes sensual essences and the natural scent of a woman. Warm, spicy and sweet fragrance, it is made of bergamot, mandarin, lemon, juniper berry, pink peppercorn, jasmine, violet, cyclamen, incense, sandalwood, musk, amber, vanilla and cedar.

Available as 50 ml EDP.

Persian Garden

Colette Fragrance Reviews

nettoyant
nettoyant

My, this is lovely!! Out of the half dozen Tocca scents I've tried, this is my favourite. So powdery and warm but also quite bright, not at all heavy. Pretty violet but not too much, warm sandalwood and herby. Tocca scents aren't utterly unique or heavy hitting. They are really nice though for those who want a pretty office or school friendly scent.

zyby
zyby

COLETTE is a delicate, poetic and almost melancholy fragrance that I find very appealing. On me, COLETTE starts with a flash of citrus which quickly changes to smokey violets. In awhile, the woody and spicy notes appear underneath. It’s not sweet and the vanilla is there but unobtrusive. It’s all very smooth and subtle and quiet, but not at all wimpy or boring. Something about the smokiness reminds me of autumn leaves, but it’s also lovely for spring and summer.

Although the sillage is on the soft side, the longevity is surprisingly good and I find that first applying a little unscented moisturizer helps the fragrance hang on longer. Warm weather also inspires this fragrance to bloom on the skin. I have the 0.5 oz size, but have a feeling I’ll be purchasing the large bottle soon.

milazinha
milazinha

This one is hard for me to describe. I can only say that I really like it. :-) I cannot distinguish any particular notes. This is one of the ONLY florals I have in my collection (I dislike florals!), and I wear it often. I think of it as my go-to scent when I want to feel pretty, feminine, naive, safe - along with Giulieta.

appleorchard
appleorchard

A really nice fragrance. It was synthetic on my skin but I didn't mind. It just smelled like a pretty, citrusy, woodsy, floral. Niether sharp nor warm. Just right, in the middle. Well balanced but boring

Carnelian
Carnelian

Reminds me a bit of both Anais Anais and Noa, could easily be part of the Cacharel family, with the light citrus addition. I do catch the incense in this. Not a showstopper, but a nuzzler, and pleasant any season, any time of day.

CuddlyCactus
CuddlyCactus

Colette is my signature scent and what people around me recognize as "what CuddlyCactus smells like."

This perfume is very very feminine and just reminds me of reading a favorite book in the open bay window of your old victorian home, letting the breeze and the scent of flowers from your overgrown garden wash over you as you lounge. It's peeling wallpaper from 100 years ago and a huge, dusty wooden bookshelf filled to bursting with old leather-bound tomes.

The opening is sweet and citrus-y, as people say. Compared to many scents I've tried, it is not as taxing on the senses as many citrus openings seem to be. The dry down to incense and vanilla and musk is what conjures the above imagery for me. It is so comfortable.

Regrettably, the silage, projection, and longevity are SO poor. It lasts 2 hours on my skin if I'm lucky and maybe 5 on my clothes if you smell closely. Such a shame-- it's really a lovely perfume, if not a bit un-unique. Ah well. I'll continue to wear it for myself and for the person who is allowed close enough to enjoy it with me.

TatyankaARA
TatyankaARA

On my skin it's just a weak citrusy vanilla, gone after 5 min..

gooberskitty21
gooberskitty21

Smells almost identical to Byredo's Gypsy Water but with a stronger citrus opening. The best way I can describe Colette from application to dry down would be herbal, lemony freshness (natural lemon, no lemon pledge here whatsoever), then a creamy, warm but not gourmand vanilla with a touch of musk and maybe a whisp here and there of smokiness which on me deepens the longer I wear it, or the warmer my skin becomes. It's a very well blended and delicate 'your skin but better' fragrance. Silage is soft and close to the skin, which normally is something I dislike in a fragrance because it makes me feel cheated, but not at all with Colette. There's a mysterious charm to its olfactory whisper and difficult to place composition. Most people will have no clue what you're wearing until they ask.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

After buying the "Meet the Girls" set, this one (in addition to my ALL TIME favorite, Brigitte) was a total standout and a winner. So much so, that I bought the next size up in Colette. Sugar-lemon-violet is the hit I first get. And that's a lovely combination. Not too sweet, because then the sandalwood comes in to mellow the lemon down. This is very unique and special; Tocca continues to wow me with the stories and scents of their brand. If you like violets, you must give this a try.

ColdDiss
ColdDiss

The first forty minutes flicker through lemon shortbread cookies, violet-y sandalwood incense, and a fresh sort of powdery smell. The drydown is a very tenacious chemical greeny-amber note that I have smelled in other generic department store perfumes and greatly dislike. Overall: the top notes are briefly interesting, but not enough so to make up for a drydown that's punching beneath its weight.

marissaag1
marissaag1

I bought a sample based on the reviews here, and at first spray, I was intrigued. The initial blast was slightly floral and while I didn't get any lemon, I thought it would be something I liked. Then I started getting wafts of something extremely familiar, but I couldn't exactly place the memory... and it finally hit me! Burberry Classic, my Go-To scent throughout my college years! Warm and comforting, but a scent I outgrew long ago. I appreciate the nostalgia, but I do believe I'll pass mine along.

DoISmellPrettyYet
DoISmellPrettyYet

Hellooooo, citrus! Haha this one is probably going to be my spring/summer scent. Well, one of them :P There's this bakery in my city that used to make these little lemon hand pies, and this smells just like them! It's a light, sugary sweet and simple perfume.

soosoo68
soosoo68

On me, this lasts a very long time as in, it is still there the next day if you are very close. This is a wonderful scent. It is multifaceted; at one moment very nice and sweet like the girl next door. At other times it seems so rich, elegant, and womanly. And still others it is warm, sexy, inviting. What more can you ask from a perfume than to fit in all environments? My husband loves it on me, the kids always compliment only this one, my Mom and Mother-in-law think it is beautiful on me, and strangers (men and women) have asked what the delicious smell is.

julso22
julso22

such a lovely scent on me. smells warm and inviting and almost intoxicating. such a wonderful fragrance

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

this starts off a bit citrussy then becomes a powdery citrus. after being on the skin a few minutes it's a violet-incense-vanilla, which is so so nice. then comes some sandalwood i think. this is a bit too soft for my tastes but i really like this scent, and it's so comforting. i just wish it had more sillage and staying power. (though i realize tocca is generally like this, no?) other than that, no complaints.

Hedonista
Hedonista

I've finally gotten my Autumn fragrance! Colette is a warm, powdery fragrance that is soft and non-threatening. It is comfort. At first I got a hint of lemon and violet. After a few minuets it was gone and I am left with a sugary-sandalwood-amber, which I love.
It is so quiet and natural. Perfect for days that are growing cooler and shorter. Works good outdoors, but I worry about bugs and bears getting enthralled by it too.

This scent does something strange that no other one does on me. When driving past a freshly mowed lawn, it seemed to take the cut grass smell and mix with it to create something incredibly beautiful. Then, it did it again with the smell of a running stream! My hubby noticed it too. It takes smells of your surroundings, especially natural ones, and improves on them.
I layered it with my Florabotanica and WOW!! I'm very glad that I got this. It's about as close to perfect as it gets for me.

lizardqueen
lizardqueen

Citrus, vanilla, and amber are the dominant players here, and together, they create a lovely, cuddly, and comforting scent. The lemony blast in the opening quickly settles down to a warm cloud of ambery vanilla goodness. The dry down is lemon vanilla custard. Fans of Burberry Brit will probably like this. It's among my favorites of the Tocca line, along with Stella and Simone.

dorseyhorsey
dorseyhorsey

Probably the closest thing I have to a signature fragrance. I love everything about it, from the sweet lemon opening (the only one I've ever tried that didn't smell like Febreeze), to the woody-amber base. It can work for any situation or any season. I've worn it to bonfire parties in the summer or work in the winter and gotten compliments at both.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

A lovely light amber with hints of soft woods and citrus nestled In bed of delicious warmth that cradles you til the very end. Reminds me a lot of Ambre des Merveilles without the allergy I get to that one. This could be the 'anytime' scent you just want to live in. It lays close to the skin, which is fine by me. I would love to cuddle up to this. One spray lasts 8 hours + on my skin.

MsWinkssy
MsWinkssy

I got this on a whim in order to try it out, not thinking much of it. The first time I thought eh it's alright, it's pretty but nothing too special. I wore it a couple times and started realizing that I just kept coming back to it again and again and I fell in love. It's my favorite at the moment. It's a lovely floral that dries down to a comfy and warm floral that I just love. My boyfriend loved it from the beginning which is always a major plus (also want to smell divine for him)so this is almost perfect for me.

nobodygirl
nobodygirl

I smell hints of citrus and similar notes like that of Pink Sugar when I first put it on. It is mingling nicely with some woody and musky undertones. Sometimes violet notes can be bitter, but not so as this dries down. I feel like it is missing something though. Like a major note in the heart is lacking. I can't pinpoint it, but I feel this could be more sophisticated if there was something else to blend down.

Mbryan766
Mbryan766

I have wanted this fragrance for years. I haven't bought it yet because I can't afford to. Anyway, this perfume is absolutely stunning. I have never been drawn to a fragrance as much as this one. It starts off citrusy and warm, and then leaves a beautiful vanilla musk on the skin. It definitely smells like a "skin" scent, meaning it isn't obvious that you are wearing a fragrance, which I enjoy occasionally.

amyewest
amyewest

I find that most amber heavy scents don't work for me and Colette is no exception. It reminds me of Aerin Lauder's Amber Musk, although thankfully much more delicate.

It's a very sweet citrus at first, but only for a few seconds and then, on me, goes straight to the amber-vanilla phase. If I'm smelling cedar, I can't tell. I get no pine elements at all.

Were I to wear it, I'd only do so in winter.

It smells good, but this kind of amber-vanilla scent tends to give me migraines. Not sure why I have such a hard time when others - like the Merveilles series - are just fine.

Update: it's been an hour or so and it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out what it is about this type of amber that doesn't work for me. I still can't quite verbalize it, but I smell amber/vanilla/almond and it's not overwhelming as much as constantly present. It's heavy, creamy (or, given the almond I smell, marzipan like) and very, very sweet. Still not capturing it though. Argh.

kirtylou
kirtylou

I was REALLY looking forward to trying this, but I should have known I wouldn't have liked it since I also strongly dislike Fresh Vanilla Lemon by Lavanila, another one I was looking forward to trying. I guess I really just don't like lemon-vanilla combinations in fragrances, which is odd because I LOVE lemon fragrances and I LOVE vanilla fragrances and I LOVE the smell of baked goods that are lemony-vanilla flavored (and I love Shalimar!).

So yeah... not for me, made me feel really nauseous. BUT if you like the idea of lemon, vanilla, and incense, this could be great to try!

noladesiree
noladesiree

Colette reminds me of the now discontinued KORS by Michael Kors which I LOVED. I am still in mourning for it having been taken off the market some years ago.

angieluvsscents
angieluvsscents

A very interesting scent at first I get a pine tree scent which fades. The dry down is nice and has a good longevity. I get compliments when I wear it so its a thumbs up for me !

Eos
Eos

The opening of this reminded me a little of the heart of Prada's Infusion d'Iris. Fresh citrus, incense, musk and vanilla is all I get. Colette is fairly linear and completely inoffensive. It wears close to the skin and imparts an overall warm effect. Nice and clean smelling, but nothing that stands out in the crowd.

Museumgal
Museumgal

The lemon is instantly softened by the vanilla, not sharp at all. Very warm and cozy, the perfect citrus for winter. The other citruses come in and juniper is very balancing and helps keep it from being too sweet. Amazingly well balanced composition.

scain54
scain54

Comfort in a bottle. Colette wraps her arms around you oh so gently, and makes you feel safe. No matter what I wear during the day, I wear Colette to bed. Just can't sleep without her.

alkabad
alkabad

I expected this to be really deep with citrus, jasmine and sandalwood - all my favorite notes! But alas vanilla takes over everything and smells powdery with a hint of jasmine.

[email protected]
amy.yasuda@gmail.com

I've come to love Tocca scents. Colette comes on strong in the beginning with very citrusy notes but if you give it a bit it warms up(at least on me). I agree with other reviewers that the top notes fade really quickly(the mandarin hangs on a bit longer) but then comes the violet and jasmine and finishes off soft and powdery.

It is not as sophisticated as some of the others in the Tocca line . I think it is a good choice for a nice spring day. The sillage decreases leaving a trace of vanilla and musk.

Not a powerhouse fragrance, def.more on the subtle side but sweet and sexy up close in the end.

BabyD
BabyD

When i did try this and ask my hubby oppinion, he said i smell like middle-age men or like i drunk a lot of expensive alcohol and this is not women perfume. Well...i'm kinda agree with him.
I guess it smell like expensive men's perfume.
For girl who like unisex or men's perfume this one will be ideal.

I don't see any vanilla in this(at last it not noticable vanilla maybe). I feel only pine-pine-pine and bergamot with citrus.
This smell like earl grey tea with lemon and mint candy(i feel mint in this perfume), when you drink it in pine forest, for me this best description of this perfume.

So natural smell and stay really long time!! This is long lasting (if use for hairs), but strong noticable only at first few hours, after this time for feel it need come closer.

This is only my imagine, you can see different in this perfume, i just share my feelings, that's it.

Will buy more by Tocca, i like their natural smell, long lasting power and cute bottles(i'm girl, of course bottles important for me!hehehe). This one was be present, so smell a bit not fit me, but if put on pillow, i like to smell it, really nice one.

rinz09
rinz09

On my skin, it starts off as a sugary lemony scent, but not too sugary. When it starts to settle into the skin, a smokey, vanilla-y, musky scent comes forward and it smells DIVINE! I never thought I would like this fragrance as much as I do, but alas I am slightly obsessed. The bottle is adorable too.

Moira701
Moira701

Colette is the only scent by Tocca that I enjoy. Its feminine, soft, not at all offensive. A medium-sweet/creamy- the vanilla is noticeable, as well as the musk. I originally discovered this perfume after a co-worker wore a scarf of mine, and returned it smelling so pleasant! (Also proof of its longevity!)

Very light and sits close to the skin. At first, it is lemony and a bit soapy, very clean but not a hint of furniture polish. Then it settles into a very lovely soft scent of citrus, powdery notes, soft florals and the slightest hint of vanilla. This fragrance eeems to evolve from an almost unisex scent to pure feminine. I love the drydown. This is very, very light, however, and I agree with the other reviewers who say this fades away far too quickly.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I really like this scent. It's great for every day; light, beautiful, soft and alluring. I enjoy the powdery/woody dry down as well. I just wish it lasted longer on my skin. I like it enough that I just re-apply, which is probably better than marinating in it and hoping it will last all day. I enjoy the Tocca line of scents and think that they are over-all very good.

fobia
fobia

Sweet.. with subtle vanilla... and that incense note is great!! Mixed with the musk, amber, vanilla and sandalwood, I would think it would be quite overpowering, but it's not at all... it's really quite soft.

sofiii
sofiii

Colette starts really clean, nearly transparent and reminds me of Blvgari pour Homme but a bit more citrusy (due to the bergamont) and less masculine; somehow it has this paper quality which makes me feel this perfume is bookish in a nice way.

Later on, the perfume gets a bit deeper and matures with some personality, like a wine. I can smell the peppercorn and violet and something like pages of an old book. All these are blended nicely.

The final dry down is vanilla-y in a really discreet fashion, nothing much, not too overly typical vanilla, not too woody, just a trace of faint un-sweetened non-cake-y woody vanilla.

Colette is a skin scent to me, subtle, quite, with a minimal sillage, much more idea as a skin scent than some floral or musky ones.

orchid_84
orchid_84

This is my favourite from the Tocca line, and the most unique one I would say. It's dusty, musky, earthy and woody. It's not sweet at all - in fact, this could easily be a unisex scent. The dry incense, musk, juniper and cedar are most prominent to me. Vanilla and sandalwood add a bit of smoothness. The lasting power has been much better in comparison to several of the other Tocca perfumes I sampled....9+ hours later and the scent is still on my skin from one spritz.

boxofcrayons
boxofcrayons

picked up a bottle of colette quite randomly from among her identical siblings at a posh gift shop yesterday. two spritzes later - i'm in love! I THINK this smells ON me and TO me the way light blue and VS HeavAngels smells on everyone else, but neither are any good on me. i've literally stopped asking, "what's your marvelous perfume?" because i already know they will reply, light blue. my husband smelled it on me years ago and declared it to smell like bad breath. frown. back to colette. 8 hours later i could still smell a miraculous dry-down on my arm, although i'd washed test spray off my hand already. i know i'm not using proper terminology, but i got powdery/feminine/floral softx100! it's the reason i wear burberry brit(for MEN). i just recently bought vicsecrt Incredible. i love it, but it is SO what i always gravitate toward. what is the polar opposite of intuition/euphoria/dune/twilight woods?

blomst
blomst

I wanted to love this but sadly Colette didn't come through. The green citrus notes disappear almost immediately and I am left with a weak, vaguely floral vanilla. Within half an hour I practically have to smash my wrist up into my nose to smell it at all. If I squint hard enough I can make out a little pepper and incense in the vanilla-dominated drydown. Oddly, this makes me think of a more grown up and less offensive (perhaps at the cost of being noticeable at all) version of Vera Wang's Princess.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

This perfume is my favourite yet from Tocca. It is sophistication in a bottle. The vanilla and incense give it some deapth, the fruity notes contribute with some freshness and the flowers make it silki smooth. Simply love it for as long as it lasts which isn't that long, alas, hence I won't be buying it in a hurry.

mommiepretty
mommiepretty

Colette (edp) dries down VERY quickly, and on my skin the lovely green opening notes rapidly fade into a warm blend dominated by vanilla and incense, the combination of which actually reminds me of pipe tobacco. not offensive (on the contrary, it's actually rather intriguing) but not a scent that suits me since I don't love vanilla.

Tocca COLETTE offers to my nose a light mist of candied clementines amidst jasmine and violets. This is a very likeable composition, but not as oriental as one might have expected. I do not even smell incense, pink pepper, or juniper, all of which are usually salient notes.

COLETTE is said to be an eau de parfum, but the longevity is not good at all, so I'm thinking that this might be very nice at parfum concentration, if that were available... As it stands, COLETTE seems like an affable fruity floral with a citrus bent--nothing terribly deep or complex.

Tam
Tam

Beautiful peppery and vanilla fume but longetivity on me is about one hour! A bit frustrating - needs a longer lasting version.

thelaurenator
thelaurenator

I tested this scent today. The juniper berry and pine notes, combined with the pink pepper and deep, warm amber-musk-vanilla base was quite surprising and absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately, the green top notes disappear all too quickly, leaving me with the musky vanilla base. Don't get me wrong; it's nice, but nothing to write home about. If only the green notes last longer... this would be a must have for any vanilla lover. However, I must say, I do like it. It's lovely. But it could have been a truly great scent.

Reems
Reems

Since Tocca have discontinued Touch I have been searching for a replacement high and low. Sentimental attachment means that I would love to stay with the Tocca brand rather than choosing a more mainstream one. Colette is definitely a pretty scent and I wasn't disappointed when I received it, however it lacks the unexpected base notes of Touch which transform the latter from merely another pretty floral to a sexy fragrance which resides at another level.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tocca Colette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tocca Colette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Colette by Tocca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Colette by Tocca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.