Designers » T-Z » Floral Green « Groups

Florence Tocca for women

Florence Tocca for women
dislike

tuberose

Florence by Tocca is a Floral Green fragrance for women. Florence was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Ellen Molner. Top notes are grapefruit leaf, bergamot, pear and apple; middle notes are violet leaf, iris, gardenia, jasmine and tuberose; base notes are musk and white woods.

Grapefruit Leaf Bergamot Pear Apple

Ballerine

Florence Fragrance Reviews

lucia.lawson
lucia.lawson

Florence is like a villa with flowers. Romantic, perfumy and gorgeous. What an aroma! I smelled fruits at the first spritz: green apple, pear, and grapefruit. The fruit scent lingers and turns juicier, deeper and syrupy, like apricot juice or peach and nectar. It's fruits sweet delicious fruit drinks on a summer's day.

The floral notes include violet, iris, gardenia and tuberose. I was quick to smell the violet and iris, which are the stronger notes and mingle together with the gardenia and tuberose/white flower scents. It's flowery and feminine. The scent can be described as elegant and mature but the fruit scent tends to keep this scent youthful and summery.

The dry down is a light wood and musk. This is really a beautiful perfume. It is a cologne to me and formal so I can only wear this with formal clothes. This is not a perfume can wear to work or to a doctor's visit LOL

Gorgeous fruity floral.

ginafrances
ginafrances

I imagine this as the scent of one of my past lives viewed through rose-colored glasses. It is girly, romantic, and elegant. For me it opens with a strong bergamot & apple scent that gets wrapped up in a gardenia breeze.

Skayalily
Skayalily

This is my go-to for a "true Gardenia" scent, which is funny because a coworker calls it my Honeysuckle perfume. Skin chemistry is a thing, but our noses also process scents differently. This is heady, but not thick. A gorgeous cloud that envelops me. Not particularly indolic but I don't feel like it's missing out. The sweetness is smoothed nicely with woods and doesn't cloy (Which is where Michael Kors falls short for me). And the whole fragrance is permeated with a dewy wetness. I feel like I'm sitting on dew damp grass under a wildly blooming, overgrown Gardenia. This has a moderately loud sillage on me, probably the loudest of the whole Tocca line. And yet, like her Tocca sisters, only lasts about 5 hours.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

What a classy scent...it makes me feel sophisticated without being too old fashioned. It smells like a sweet, slightly honeyed white floral. I get gardenia, tuberose, and somehow lily of the valley. It reminds me of women who carry Prada Saffiano bags and wear neutral tones with those essential beige heels. A very put together scent...don't overspray it though because you will taste it. Four sprays is overspraying.

katiesiepierski
katiesiepierski

I can softly distinguish the Italian Bergamot in this, but it acts as an initial amplifier for the heart really, which is strong yet beautifully balanced and controlled. The Ivory Gardenia and Tuberose are so well balanced against the Jasmine, and against the powdery notes of violet petals and blue iris. Normally Gardenias are overwhelming to me, and a few stalks of tuberose can fill an entire fruit market, but they are expertly used here in such a beautiful nature. These combined with the savory yet somewhat bitter greenery of the grapefruit leaves,the sweetness of the fruit (a background, like the symphony of wild life you hear on a Spring morning- you hear it harmoniously, not individually), and the base of blonde wood blend beautifully into what smells like honeysuckle- an elegant, powdery honeysuckle. That's a very good thing! It's not too sweet, not too big, it is soft, bright, cheery, delicate, warm, and comforting. Liike soaking in the sunrise on a dewy, cool, spring morning- feeling the sun's warmth on your face as you gaze over the dewy grass to admire it, wrapped in a light cashmere sweater with a hot cup of jasmine green tea in hand. It is absolutely lovely! I love sweet, balanced, but delicately anchored floral frags with powdery notes to them (like the balanced vanilla to Stila Creme Bouquet's lily of the valley and lilac sweet powdery-ness, or the Almond tree wood after note to Guerlain's Champs Elysees almond blossoms and mimosa) like this- they really stand out amongst the sea of overly charged, messy, often obnoxious, headache inducing, cheap smelling typical department store fragrances and celebrity fragrances. This is much more refined and sophisticated than the common run of the mill fragrances that for some reason are so popular. It smells like something created by a great nose. If you dislike most of the "mall fragrances" as I like to call them, try this one out. It truly is so comforting to wear

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

Wow this was really something. For me this was my entry into more grown up scents. I'm in my early 20's so I had to move on from body sprays that smell like cotton candy raspberry or strawberry. This is a gorgeous fruity floral. It opens with grapefruit and pear. It's very fruity and summery not fresh but more like a lush concentrated fruit juice. It's like putting your nose to grape juice. Then there's a distinct floral I think it's violet lots of violet and iris, and a gardenia. Gorgeous. Adult. Elegant. I think it's romantic and I'd wear it to a wedding or dinner party.

Beautiful.

j'adore1
j'adore1

Opens with juicy pear, sweet apple and grapefruit leaf. The heart follows with gardenia and tuberose. I slightly detect the violet leaf and jasmine, the tuberose and gardenia stay dominant though. It's refreshing and elegant at the same time. After a while a warm base of musk follows. I personally don't see similarities with Michael Kors which is a tropical tuberose on me. Nevertheless, Florence is a beautiful white floral and one of those which is easier to wear than others of this category like Fracas for example. Soft sillage and moderate longevity.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Florence By Tocca

Grapefruit Leaf Bergamot Pear Apple

Violet Leaf Iris Gardenia Jasmine Tuberose

Musk

Musk Woods

Wow! This is some juice!

Florence makes me feel like a beautiful aristocratic Italian noblewoman from the Renaissance. It's the scent of Beatrice Dante's guide to Heaven in the Divine Comedy, or Francesca Da Rimini. This is a sexy sophisticated fruity floral fragrance. Indeed it whisks you away to Florence where you smell grapes in vineyards, grapefruit, citrus, apples and pears. The opening is a fruity but rather than being too sweet, it's inky, juicy, concentrated. It smells like an artist's palette, like Da Vinci scented his paints with fruit.

The grapefruit really stands out so if you like grapefruit this is very realistic. It has a combination of orange pear and apples but the whole thing ends up smelling more like an apricot. It's absolutely delicious. The best part of the fragrance.

The fruit lingers for a long time but it mingles with flowers of iris and violet. This provides the scent with a purple color. It creates the image of a vineyard where one can smell grapes everywhere and there are bowls on wooden tables out in the open at dusk, a cool breeze blows through cypress trees. The air smells of grapefruit. But one can also see flowers around, blossoming in bushes and trees.

On me it's a gorgeous iris and violet. But one can also detect the white floral heart comprised of gardenia, tuberose and jasmine. Heady, perfumy, sweet flowers. The gardenia is supposed to be the dominant accord but on me it was a heavy iris and violet. Because of the "apricot" at the top and the violet-iris-flowery scents, this is a fragrance that could be labeled "mature" but why don't we call it sophisticated, elegant, glamorous? It's an evening cologne, very classy and formal. It matches up with your most beautiful evening wear and it's a scent that makes a statement. I would wear this to a dinner at a five star restaurant, or to a wedding, a gala black tie evening dinner party.

Somethings to keep in mind: this wears better in the summer or spring because it is so fruited and floral, it's elegant and smells expensive, it has incredible sillage and longevity. I spritzed this on last night at about 7pm and it is now after 8am the next day and this scent is still on me and the faintest driest trace of what smells like a light wood (and apricot) is still on me even after a shower. It permeated the collar of my blouse and now my blouse smells of it. Someone made a remark at the party last night that it smells like Glade. Shut up! This is a trip to Italy and a very lovely fruit bowl and flower pairing.

Love love love love love love it.

trashysnacks
trashysnacks

All I smell is jasmine and I'm not mad about it.

SCCARAMELGIRL
SCCARAMELGIRL

Florence. This is my favorite Tocca fragrance. Very pretty and elegant.

MissGabrielleO
MissGabrielleO

I own a small bottle of this in addition to the laundry detergent. Not usually a white floral person, but there is something extremely addictive about this perfume that makes me unable to stop smelling it on my skin. I smell a lot of tuberose, and something sweet and sugary but still creamy. I don't want to love it but I can't help it!

jaccart789
jaccart789

It is very nice. It reminds of my mom, a fragrance she wore. It also reminds me of the old perfume drug store type called Sandy Sable. I think because of the heavy gardenia. Other than the mom feelings it conjures, I like it because of that gardenia scent...right from the bush.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Light and elegant: gardenia tuberose combo with soft musk on a background. Very lasting and classy, highly recommended.

Danadoo
Danadoo

This reminds me of playing in my mother's garden as a child, and warm humid days just before it storms. To my nose it's ALL white flowers and nothing else. Also it reminds me of lilys of the valley. I would be 100% in love with it if it were just a little bit greener. It blows my mind that grapefruit leaf is a supposed top note..i have no idea what a grapefruit leaf smells like, but i think someone just made that up to be pretentious!

Bstefcorbin
Bstefcorbin

I am on my third bottle of this. Fourth - if you count the one I gave to my friend because she liked it so much. It's my favorite from the Tocca line. I get honeysuckle from this although it's not listed. I think it's very well blended - sweet and pretty without being powdery. Buttery, but not too indolic. Just perfect if you like lightly fruited white flowers. A safe (IMO) blind buy.

"You don't have to be born beautiful to be wildly attractive." Diana Vreeland

zyby
zyby

It rained heavily one day during the summer and it was still hot and humid when the rain stopped. I went outside and as I walked down the front steps, I was very aware of the smell of wet leaves, flowers and garden soil. It was a very green smell that was almost too much, but not quite. It also reminded me of Tocca FLORENCE.

krissykatpawz81
krissykatpawz81

I absolutely love this pretty to my nose perfume, so good, but it makes me sad i can't wear this, it makes my eyes water like crazy, ill try to spray on my wrists only but kinda defeats the purpose, i like my frags to be shoulder down and to radiate atleast, so spring and sunshine&very strong white woods flowers, with a hint of sweetness to make this feminine, also slight greens, but so so beautiful, truly is the shiznats, a spring&summer favorite i smell it from its masterpiece perfume bottle ahh lot, love. note lasts 12hours skin, 8clothing

Cloudburst2000
Cloudburst2000

I am not usually a fan of white florals, but I absolutely love this fragrance. My favorite of the Tocca line and I own several from the line. When I first spray this fragrance, I definitely smell the pear and apple with a hint of the bergamot. The apple dies out fairly quickly, but the pear scent actually lasts throughout the life of this perfume for me. During the drydown, the white florals come out to play especially the tuberose and gardenia. I am usually not a huge white flower fan but I love them here. So in the end this is a white floral/fruity fragrance for me smelling mostly of pear, tuberose, and gardenia. A perfect scent for spring/summer. I get a decent longevity of about 4-5 hours and a moderate projection. People standing next to me can smell it but it is not an overwhelming scent so really nice for the office.

Jmalone84

This is one of the most exquisite smells I have ever encountered. There is an empty bottle sitting on my sister's dresser that, whenever I go in to give my cat a cuddle (she likes to nap in her bed), I occasionally give the bottle a sniff. Lush, dewy, deliciously sweet white flowers. Smells better than a tree full of night-blooming jasmine. Can't get enough of it. Maybe my favourite, if I could decide.

Eunyq
Eunyq

I'm surprised no one else thought this, but on me, this smells so much like Coach Signature Summer Fragrance. Right when I put it on, the notes that were coming through were identical to Coach. However I noticed that there was something that felt airy and almost vanishing and invisible that keeps me from being too excited to use my coach sample vial, that was totally not present in Tocca. It may be the addition of some of the other flower notes or even the bergamot or pear that makes this one actually work on me. Either way they smell nearly identical at first but the more I smell it the more I kinda love this one. It's not my usual go to type fragrance but it's done very well and I definitely plan to buy it and add it to my collection.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

This is a perfect spring/summer scent - watery florals and my nose picks out VIOLET and it's done nicely. I received a sample of this with the purchase of vintage YSL Champagne and now this needs to be added to my Tocca collection soon! IT lasts quite a long time given the type of fragrance this is. This would be perfect for a warm weather day date

beedi84
beedi84

This is a super floral scent with main focus on gardenia and tuberose. I barely smell any of the other notes (perhaps a little bergamot and pear). On me it is definitely not woodsy. It has great longevity and sillage and stays with me all day. It is really strong so a couple or a few sprays is definitely enough for the larger part of the day.

Edit: The longevity of this perfume actually differs from day to day. Some days it seems to last for ages and others I need to reapply it every 3 hours. It seems to last better on really hot days.

Update: I decided to give this one away. I've come to realize that I just don't like tuberose. So this one is gone, gone, gone.

relle
relle

Someone gave me a mini of this in a swap. I had no expectations, as usually the Tocca's fade out on me quickly. This one surprised me with it's longevity and feminity. Florence may not be the most unique, but it's white florals whisper romance. It's been compared to Marc Jacobs, Marc is far greener. Some say it's a ringer for the original Carolina Herrera, Carolina screams sultry white flowers, as opposed to the sweet pillow-talk Florence murmurs. It's my current summer go-to "calm me down to pretty" scent. I don't find it generic, as much as utilitarian. On me, I think it could suit almost any occasion, but for those few vampy nights when I bring out the big guns. There's a lot to be said for a Subaru scent, if you get my drift, along with the date night Mercedes. ( I mean Subaru in a great way...reliable, reasonably priced, dependable, a little sassy and zippy.) Great job Tocca!

stacia79
stacia79

I once lamented to my child that because I wore so many different fragrances, he would never have a scent association for his mom the way most people do. He replied "Actually, whatever you are wearing today smells like you!" I was wearing Tocca Florence, which is a dead ringer for Marc Jacobs. I purchased a bottle of Marc Jacobs when my son was a baby and wore it nearly every day. So I suppose for him, the "mom smell" is gardenia. I am okay with that because it is my favorite flower. Florence is a long lasting gardenia with green notes and decent sillage. I always get compliments when I wear it. A colleague remarked "Smells like my wedding bouquet".

pangolin4114
pangolin4114

Beautiful fresh scent. Smells like a true gardenia.

nena18sept
nena18sept

nothing but gardenia, really nice scent

lavendeer
lavendeer

I received a sample of tocca Florence when I purchased my favorite perfume through a seller on amazon. let me start off by saying this perfume is very unlike any scent I gravitate towards. I'm the type of woman who likes sweet pink sugar and viva la juicy scents. but I gave this a go and wore it on my wrists and neck for a day and it's absolutely magical to say the least. it smells like a walk through a garden or an enchanted forest and it mixes beautifully with my natural skin scent. I received more compliments while wearing this than I have with any perfume in my life. this is a fragrance that I'd imagine a woman wearing on her wedding day. I feel so beautiful and sophisticated with this on. I just purchased a full size bottle of this and I'm excited to make this my new smell. it makes me feel like a new person since it is so unlike anything else I have.

tabitha106
tabitha106

I first experienced this lovely fragrance on my realtor while we were touring homes. Finally had to ask her what she was wearing. My guess was Michael Kors Gold, probably because of the tuberose. Before this I was not familiar with Tocca fragrances but now really love sampling them. With Florence, it's a beautiful bouquet of white flowers. It's so well done that it literally smells like a floating bouquet around you! Every single time I wear it, someone stops to ask what I'm wearing. For me, it's a spring/summer fragrance but a little goes a long way and has really high sillage. On my skin really do not get the musk and woods but this is a very well-balanced EDP. Florence smells like you're dressed for a patio party in a flowing sundress and sandals. It's a keeper--love it!!

lyolya
lyolya

Strongly reminds me of Carolina Herrera Carolina Herrera for women. Sure does bring back memories from early 90s. :)

Jmalone84

My sister has it and it is absolutely lovely. Very unique white floral. Something about the combination of gardenia, iris and grapefruit is absolutely delicious. Very addictive. Thought it has freesia but obviously not. Anyhow, would highly recommend. Have previously been offended by my sister's choice of fragrances (i.e. Kenzo & Angel) but she has redeemed herself with this one. (Plus she acknowledged that Kenzo was hideous and she hates it now. And I recognise Angel for the beauty it is now that my taste has matured).

Anyhow this is a gorgeous white floral unlike anything else and not typical of white florals. It is difficult to describe in anyway other than gorgeous and delicious. Would steal it from her if I could :) I love the bottle too, so heavy and rustic and unique.

boracaybride
boracaybride

This is the most sensual fragrance on my shelf. I reach for it when I want to feel my most womanly. I usually go for light florals and this is a little heavier. It's great and kind of heady.

janetpolelondon
janetpolelondon

Exceptional fragrance ... although I expected a "Parisian beauty" to have a more French name: Florence made me think of Italy.

When I wear this people ask what I am wearing ... yummy

pi^2
pi^2

This fragrance makes me think of a wedding on a beautiful spring day. White, pretty and optimistic. It smells of fresh white flowers and green leaves, petals and sepals. It is fresh lush green, not sharp ozonic green. I am not a violet lover, but here the violet leaf blends nicely with the white flowers and green fruity notes, but still I would like it more if it were less pronounced. It can become nauseating.

I agree this fragrance is a bit old-fashioned, and I would also say a bit naive, but in the same way that getting married is old-fashioned and naive, and yet so many people still want to do it. There is a charm to it that is hard to resist.

Yellowstar
Yellowstar

"Florence, whose name means “blooming”, is a superbly green floral scent. An astounding opening of bergamot, pear and grapefruit leaves gives a glowing and vibrant green aura to the beautiful “old fashioned” rose heart draped with jasmine, gardenia and violet garlands and sprinkled with a pinch of tuberose. Without smelling like a flower shop this perfume captures the sophistication and elegance of maturity while managing to keep it lively and enticing. As it dries down, a stunning iris note adds the silken beauty of the blooms to the sharp green of its leaves and draws it into a clean woody freshness. Sillage: great. Longevity: very good." cafleurebon.com

lillypad33
lillypad33

WOAH! Gardenia/tuberose explosion!! But it's high quality, not cheap-smelling. Yeah it may be a bit old-fashioned, both b/c of the notes in question and becauase of the linearity of the scent but hey, sometimes that can be a refreshing thing. Sort of like watching Pride and Prejudice on a cold winter evening - like, hey, at one point this is what it meant to be a woman. This is gorgeous and uncomplicated. Timeless and beautiful. But powerful, probably not for every day. Just once in a while, when you're feeling especially romantic. ;) Fragrance: A

llburris
llburris

I received a sample of this and was very excited to try Tocca for the first time. When the bitter opening came to my nose, I thought this wasn't going to be anywhere near the types I like. Then 5 minutes later the gardenia sprang forth and the bitter notes subsided. I can't stop sniffing my hand to see what it does next. I would be thrilled if it even stayed in this heavenly gardenia layer. Love it!

esteban747
esteban747

It starts very green with a slight bitter tone. But just for an instant. Then I detect the pear, delicious and juicy with the right amount of sweetness. The green apple acts as a shy companion, I can smell it but it doesn't stands out.
And then the big entrance, gardenia and tuberose, magnificent and unapologetically sensual and decadent. At that point it feels as if we have reached the climax of this composition.
The violet leaf announces the dry down that soon is joined by musk and some wood note.
I have to say that I didn't had many expectations about this fragrance and it sincerely took me by surprise. The top and middle notes are a delight. The dry down is not entirely of my taste, too much violet leaf, until the musk becomes a tad stronger and makes a better pair with the fading tuberose and wood notes.

c_mcqueen
c_mcqueen

I fell in love with Florence while at Sephora picking up a sample of something else- I'd just bought myself a perfume the day before, but I had one whiff of Florence and I couldn't get her out of my head! I went back and purchased a rollerball the next day, and I've been loving it ever since.

I can see why this perfume might be considered "old ladyish", but I think of it more as old-fashioned. To me it smells like what women of a certain age wore when they were young and off having adventures- maybe travelling through the French countryside (this perfume smells very European to me). I think it's sexy in a feminine way, not in a girly-girl Pink Sugar way. The gardenia is the most prominent note, but the other florals blend together very well creating a scent I can only think of as "soft". Florence is definitely there, but still feels really light. The lasting power is decent, but I like to reapply halfway through the day.

So far, Florence is the only fragrance I've worn that my boyfriend has commented on, and he comments every time he smells it. I'd definitely consider Florence to be a safe choice to wear out on a date, since it's not a particularly heavy fragrance. It's not the most complex scent on the market, but I feel like it does what it sets out to do- it's a feminine, pretty scent that just smells really good!

EDIT 1/19/2015: Still love this one and I wish it could be my signature scent, but I find that if I wear it too often my nose gets tired of it- so this one I have to save for special occasions.

edda88
edda88

Very gardenia-forward floral with a green sweetness that smells quite sincere and natural rather than like high fructose corn syrup. I love this soft, pretty scent, and I don't usually go crazy for sweet white florals. But if you want a really well done gardenia, this is for you. It's a feminine springtime scent that truly feels like you've got a big, blooming gardenia tucked behind your ear. It may even still have some dewdrops left on it. Florence doesn't last terribly long, so if you like it, be ready to reapply.

blue_belle
blue_belle

Of all the Tocca perfumes, this was the one I least expected to work on me. Gardenia and pear are both usually sharp at best and nauseating at worst on my skin, so I was surprised to find that this one was so soft and feminine.

The green notes come across as pear skin and violet leaf to my nose, with gardenia as the main flower. I'm reminded of a bouquet of creamy white flowers, complete with dark green leaves. The sillage is surprisingly powerful and the lasting power is average, but what truly blew me away about this one is the true gardenia scent. It's really beautiful!

dkny27
dkny27

Sweet, white floral... Very, very similar to Kim Kardashian and Michael Kors...
Sillage is pretty good and average on longevity, but since KK is so incredibly similar and cheaper, if you are looking for a big, bold white floral, you certainly have several choices...

waternight
waternight

Like gardenias? Looking for a purely gardenia perfume? Look no further.

joonzmoon
joonzmoon

This perfume has gotten poor reviews on Sephora's site for smelling too much like "old lady" perfume; however, that's what I love about it. It smells like a classy library-lady perfume, if that makes any sense. It's very floral and the gardenia is strong, but the scent is still really unique in my opinion. It also lasts a while.

bridgette
bridgette

I love the sweet flower smell of it. I bought a bottle after sampling it once. It smells nice right away. As it fades it becomes less sweet flowery.

seaside
seaside

First off, let me say that I respect the Tocca line of fragrances. They are all very individual from one another and seem not to be overly duplicative of fragrances from other lines.

I have and love both Stella and their newest one, Simone. I have tested a few others with less enthusiasm. I tested Florence yesterday and left her on as long as I could manage it.

But it was a struggle because she simply suffocates. What's strange is that a test on a paper strip was strong but interesting enough for me to apply it to my skin.

It never lost that overwhelming punch in the face, a true frontal assault. What should have dried down or at least morphed into something a bit more subtle just seemed even to increase in intensity.

I strongly advise test-driving this one to make sure that you don't get a pounding headache or get nauseated or both.

nicolevilla
nicolevilla

Holy gardenia jasmine Batman! This scent is old fashioned femininity in a bottle. There is little complexity in the way this perfume wears (on me, at least), and though I feel drenched in scent when I first put it on, at a certain point it just vanishes, poof! like Houdini. I wear Florence when I want a simple but strong floral fragrance that opens and closes on the same note.

Water_is_my_life
Water_is_my_life

Tried this at Sephora today...it reminded me of Versace Blonde. For some reason, this smells very strongly of jasmine, and mellows out to a very sweet, powdery violet with a touch of yellow florals.

There is a very "golden" feel, and it certainly is a feminine scent, though in a very different sort of way. The feminism in this isn't exactly subtle, but it does seem very old world Parisienne, very vintage (kind of like when you smell your grandma's old-time perfume). It doesn't smell feminine in the contemporary sense. It's rather in-your-face, and full of powder and violets.

Personally, I don't like it. However, I can see how someone who likes vintage scents and enjoys standing out while also being feminine might like this. It is a very interesting, nostalgic scent.

faeriegiirl
faeriegiirl

Florence is one of my all time favorite fragrances. I adore this beautiful romantic gardenia in a bottle. It lasts all day on me and the sillage is really good. It's so feminine but with out being dated. You have to love gardenias to appreciate this fragrance. This is very similar to Michael Kors but more linear. I love them both but I prefer Florence due to the non yielding pure gardenia. This is a scent that I prefer not to change over the wear time. It's born gardenia and it dies gardenia. This is one I will buy over and over again.

guest_Sharkington
guest_Sharkington

This is my favorite Tocca scent and among of the very first perfumes I ever purchased. One of the reasons I loved this one so much was because it reminds me of my childhood home, which was located near a small forest. We had honeysuckle bushes everywhere and the white floral notes remind of that smell so much. I believe it is the jasmine and gardenia notes. The white woody notes are subtle compared to the floral notes, but noticeable enough to make this a beautiful, natural scent. It reminds me of nymphs, or a beautiful woman in a flowing white dress sitting in grass on a sunny day (as corny as that sounds). It is very intense - not something I can wear every day, but good for some daytime activities, or just on days when I am feeling nostalgic. It really is a lovely perfume and one that should be tried by anyone who loves white florals or woody fragrances.

goofycaramel
goofycaramel

I have a rollerball of this perfume. Sweet, lush gardenia. Pleasant, but I would prefer more depth to it (perhaps stronger woods, or stronger powder from the iris). I prefer this to Pacifica's Tahitian Gardenia, which is thinner and not as lush.

sjam3295

I've taken to layering Giulietta over the top of this scent; I love Florence, but it is VERY gardenia and I find the green apple-lily combo of Giulietta both softens and freshens it.

I find with almost all Tocca fragrances that they tend to become a skin scent fairly quickly, a beautiful treat just for me to enjoy - and intimate friends! This was demonstrated to me recently when I was saying goodbye to a male friend after a party; I was wearing my Florence-Giulietta combo. He hugged and kissed me and then exclaimed "My God, you smell amazing!". He then turned to another male friend and said: "Hug this woman - I promise you, it's worth it!".

Covergirl84
Covergirl84

Gardenia, gardenia, gardenia, something sugary, and more gardenia... This fragrance should have been named 'Sweet GARDENIA'.

sjam3295

This scent has a lovely fresh, green opening and, like all Tocca perfumes, very natural-smelling. After that it becomes a predominantly gardenia scent to my nose, the fresh greenness keeping it from ever becoming too overpowering or cloying. One of my favourites from this range.

missmaggiebeth
missmaggiebeth

It's a pretty scent on paper but on me it mostly smells like gardenia and fruit roll ups. I love sweet fragrances but this one is a little over the top with my chemistry. I absolutely adore the bottle so I wish it worked better for me I've worn it two days hoping it would change since it was featured in the latest (2013) sephora fragrance sampler. I will be
opting for a different perfume this time around but hope to find a tocca that suits me better in the future so I can have one of those amazing bottles.

LB152
LB152

This scent lacks so much character and seems like a good idea that just needs to be expanded a bit. I can see what Tocca was trying to do but this really reminds me of something one might find in a Victoria's Secret or Bath & Body works when either company tries harder than usual.

I immediately experienced the gardenia-jasmine-apple and that's about it. Doesn't seem to evolve much more from there.

I think this would be a nice soft summer scent.

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I got this for my best friend as a gift, as it is her favorite fragrance. I sampled it and on me it was just a big gardenia. Very potent (for a while) and creamy, but just gardenia. It is too simple for me, but I can see why someone would love this. It is very feminine, pretty, romantic. I compared it to Pacifica's Tahitian Gardenia, which I like much better as it has much more complexity. However, it is not as creamy and the gardenia does not sing the way it does in Florence. I was thinking of purchasing Madonna's Truth or Dare blind, but now I feel that I should sample first after my Florence experience since apparently I can have too much gardenia.

Alisha76
Alisha76

Almost pure gardenia. The violet adds additional sweetness, but the woodsy base I can not find. Too sweet and too much gardenia for me.

leathermountain
leathermountain

This is a fruity floral. There's not much green about it. I suspect the idea of green is invoked because this is a white floral without indoles. Perhaps 'green' seems somehow opposite to indolic in the context of white flowers. The pear is strong, usually a deal-breaker for me. But this pear is tolerable. It's interesting to me how the pear blends with the white floral notes, exploring an olfactory link I hadn't noticed before (possibly because I avoid pear notes!) I'm with Cereza that it's safe and perhaps unexciting. For me, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but the real problem is that it's too sweet. Fruits come with acid to temper their sweetness. Fruity notes must be balanced some other way, and the sweetness here is out f balance. I think that one-dimensionality is the real reason this fragrance doesn't light my fire.

Cereza
Cereza

"Florence" is a very well behaved lady, she has zero spurs and she never shows her true character.
I find "Florence" to be somehow boring, it is rather nice gardenia fragrance - creamy and buttery, but it resembles the gardenia flower only a bit, it is so much toned down that this might actually be one of the few gardenia fragrances that are office friendly even when over-sprayed.

I do not think that this is worth their retail price, but on the 50% discount this could be a good grab for gardenia lovers looking for a "safer gardenia" scent. If they do not mind reapllying. It lasts 3 hours.

paojaime
paojaime

To my nose, this is identical to Michael by Michael Kors, with perhaps less depth and severity. It doesn't have monster sillage like MK, so if you love MK but want to be more subtle about it, this is for you. It does smell delicious, I really like tuberose and it can be distinctly picked up here as well as the gardenia. The fragrance doesn't develop much. it smelled pretty much the same throughout, until finally it faded. I'd say longevity was about 4 hours. It's delicious but I like something with a little more... oomph. I love citrusy scents, and this definitely has citrus behind all that floral. If I ever found it for a low price I would buy it. Even at regular price it's a steal compared to MK (36 vs. 80). My sister smelled it and said it smells like Hawaii, probably because of the tuberose and what not.

Ttirem3
Ttirem3

I LOVE this scent --it is along the lines of White Shoulders and Sand and Sable--so soft, slightly powdery, sweet, romantic and flowery!

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

Warm and womanly. Uplifting and enveloping. Great sillage. I adore this, its like smelling a love story. Its not subtle and not very original because its mainly gardenia with slight fruitiness, but it makes me euphoric. Clearly not for people who like subtle citrus exclusively, but if you enjoy white flowers, this is for you.

siauseque
siauseque

A year ago I purchased the Tocca Love Yourself set and sampled my way through them. I was smitten by Florence and nearly toppled my current relationship. Revisiting her again this year and within the hour I was reaching for the alcohol wipes. I feel as though I am in a swimming pool full of gardenia powder.

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

All my life, gardenias have been hit or miss for me (mostly miss, since I was never a fan of very strong, heavy florals, while my mom always loved heavy gardenia scents that choke & linger forever). As I'm hitting midlife, I appreciate & enjoy a little more of those classic spicy florals, but still on the mild side, not the suffocating side. With gardenias, a very small spritz goes a very long way. My sister used to choke me to death on a daily basis with Dior's Poison. Tocca's Florence is different from any other gardenia fragrance I've smelled & is a very big hit w/me. It reminds me of Carolina Herrera but far less sharp & much more wearable. Its mix of notes is luscious, luxurious, womanly. I'm loving it for Spring. It's rich, creamy, heady, dominant on the florals but doesn't smell grandmotherly, stuffy or old (yet it does have some sense of "old world" appeal). Really amazing, beautiful & different. While it's primarily strong on gardenia, you also get a beautiful unveiling of all the note layers beneath. I've always adored bergamot & white musk, & recently I'm enjoying more jasmine. But again, only half a spritz at a time (for me)! It's strong & wears a wonderfully long time while drying down gently & softly. Generally, I find it stays close to the skin without wafting very far away to annoy other ppl. So elegant.

aficionada
aficionada

For some reason I'm craving for gardenia lately, and this perfume is exactly what I need. It's so beautiful and heady in a good sense. And gardenia is strong, alluring, and sexy. Very clean and airy fragrance. Love it!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

This is gardenia with a creamy, sweet and velvety texture. There isn't enough of a wood presence worth mentioning, but there's just enough musk that it doesn't resemble Michael Kors' fragrances too much. However, they are rather similar. Michael Kors tends to border masculine with the suede and musk notes, making the fragrance almost bold enough for a man to wear. Florence remains feminine throughout the duration of wear and the gardenia is consistent, never giving in to its partnering notes.

For gardenia lovers only. This is a dry delicate floral, nothing sweet or too complex. The gardenia is the star here, and nicely done if you like gardenias. There is a cool subtle greenness to this scent as well. Nothing brash or heavy, this is fairly simple and pretty.

20thcenturyrelic
20thcenturyrelic

I have the EDP, and wow, does it ever last on my dry, scent-eating skin! One spray is plenty, and that's unusual for me. On my skin, the pear and gardenia notes really stand out. The gardenia is really strong. And the pear reminds me of a Pear Fantasy body mist spray from Parfums Coeur that I owned several years ago. (That isn't intended as a criticism because I loved that spray!)

I bought a partial spray bottle of this on eBay, and I don't think I'll buy another one when I use it up. I like it, but I'd rather buy something else.

lcommisso
lcommisso

Somebody loved this so much on me, he ended up buying it for his wife for the holidays. I do agree that it smells very much like Michael Kors, which I've also owned.

[email protected]
amy.yasuda@gmail.com

I've been complimented on this scent several times. The jasmine and iris are very well balanced but the floral I find most prominent is the gardenia middle note The dry down does seems very woodsy to me, but not overpoweringly so and retains a touch of floral.

Very well balanced.

Great to wear in the day during the spring and summer.

antfarm
antfarm

I would turn to this when I want to feel like Sister Luke or some other character in one of those nun movies. I know, that's a bit odd. But every once in a while I just feel like smelling like someone who is pure 99.9% goodness in a pair of shiny loafers. I have other perfumes for when I want to smell naughty. Florence is definitely a White Swan fragrance, as opposed to a Black Swan one. Florence is very retro and white floraly, but on my skin it is not so big, cloying, or vintage-smelling that it might offend mixed company.

Londonchick
Londonchick

I think Ive tried most if not all of the Tocca range now. This is by far my favourite. Love the unique gardenia blending, its done in quite an unusual way, pairing it with Violet and grapefruit leaves make it quite green which takes away from the sickening headache-y, cloying that can result from some gardenias. A TINY ( thank god) hint of tuberose surprisingly works very well, Im not generally a fan of tuberose. This isnt powdery its watery and aquatic to me. Its creamy and unique. If you are tired of standard gardenia fragrances but are still a fan you just may like this. I love anything with pear in it and while i can barely detect it here it may be what makes it watery, transparent and somehow creamy and individual. Sillage and lasting are both moderate to my nose. Quite a masterpiece to me and rocketing towards one of my top 5.

s_athena
s_athena

As a gardenia-lover I had to give this a try, but it opens with too much green fruit for my taste. I prefer crisp acidic fruit to cloying sugary fruits (hence my penchant for citrus in the summer), but on me the apple and pear top notes smell so green and acidic that it burns my nostrils and I have to hold my breath for a few minutes until the gardenia comes through. I guess I prefer my white florals to be creamier and mature rather than green and unripe. Pass.

I have to agree with Sherapop, I can hardly smell the iris either. It's a fruity and crisp gardenia scent on my skin. Summery and fresh.

I have a lot of respect for the house of Tocca, although I don't own any of their scents. All Tocca fragrances are feminine and easy to wear, and not to mention, affordable. There is something very stylish and quaint about them, and it's not just their gorgeous, round bottles.

Tocca Florence is for those flirty types of women. It's like spinning in circles while wearing a light Summer dress, knowing full well that while you're spinning, your dress is exposing more of your thighs. In that sense, it's happy and carefree.

The opening is a delicate mish-mash of fruits and flowers. I smell a lot of sweet pear and crisp, green apple playing alongside a dewy bouquet of gardenia and jasmine. Tocca Florence would make an excellent scent for young girls, especially those fascinated with the niche market.

Once settled, this fragrance becomes increasingly more musky, however the fruitiness remains. In some ways, Tocca Florence is simple, although that tends to be more in its favour. It's a quality fruity floral.

I'm glad I went out of my way to test Florence. Both this fragrance and Tocca's Giulietta have a pleasant, crisp apple accord. The longevity is thankfully quite lasting. I recommend.

bfrosty
bfrosty

Always on the lookout for new white florals to try I naturally gave Florence a go. Upon first spraying the fragrance I did indeed get gardenia with a hint of tuberose however greener and fruitier notes pushed their way forward while they were still blooming. I am guessing this was an attempt to temper the white flowers but it left me with an impression of a blend in disarray rather than harmony. Eventually the greener elements won out and left a lovely scent in their wake but not one that I wanted to purchase.

Tocca has given a great deal of thought to the experience of their fragrances though. The richness and luminosity of the ingredients are evident throughout the life of the scent while the heavy and beautifully cut bottle adds a sense of luxury. Even the packaging is lovingly crafted.

TillyWave
TillyWave

You know those occasional afternoons, when you go to the mall and perhaps have one beer too many at Applebee's. Wandering into the Sephora, maybe a little happy and buzzed, you start smelling the perfumes. Ms. Florence stares at you, a nice shade of pale green in an old fashioned heavy glass perfume bottle. Smelling her on a strip and from the bottle, she is really nice! A rich, sweet, lush Gardenia all over, great quality, almost a photo-realistic smelling flower. Normally you wouldn't do this, but thanks to 3 pm happy hour at Applebee's, you plunk down the cash.

The next day you actually wear Florence, and maybe you're a little annoyed. Despite the beautiful opening, (or in spite of) the perfume goes absolutely no where. It's BIG GARDENIA all over the place. On a helpful website, such as this one, you notice lots of notes like VIOLET! WOOD! IRIS! CITRUS! Admittedly you pick up a hint of bergamot in the heart, and a pale flash of "soft wood" accord toward the drydown. But mostly all your nose detects is BIG GARDENIA.

This may or many not have happened to me. But the moral of the story is, don't judge a perfume by the topnotes, especially when you know better.

On a side note, having tested and worn a few Toccas recently, I am starting to think that they are all kind of flash in the pan perfumes. None of them last that long, and they either never develop or go fall apart after they are worn. For how expensive they are I don't think they're that great. Especially when I realized that I used to have a bottle of Pacifica Gardenia perfume that smells exactily the same, for much less money. Too bad I didn't go to Whole Foods after Applebee's and smelled some perfume there.

Tayloreliza32
Tayloreliza32

Florence confuses me. Ugh! I hate that I don't understand the complexity to this beautifully scripted fragrance. Whats so odd about this perfume is the fact that all I smell is rose water!
And woodsy? I'm not getting that at all.
Even though i'm not crazy about this scent for myself, I do see it being a timeless classic. Very versatile, a perfume that many different woman could wear.

Side note: Okay, maybe not so versatile now that i think about it...

Floridaisa
Floridaisa

This is a big burst of Gardenias. It's all I can pick up. I don't get the citrus or violets. Dries down to a flowery wooddy sent. Nice for everyday wear. Very pretty.

B.Blackheart
B.Blackheart

I too am confused with this one. I tried it on, let the SO have a whiff, and we looked at each other and said "White Shoulders". Confusion and disappointment, agreed, as I bought it at Sephora.com based on the description.

beaker
beaker

It's tough for me to express how much I adore this fragrance, particularly as it was so unexpected. It's like walking through an enchanted wood - most certainly my favorite of every "green" perfume I've tried. It's a great all-seasons scent, as the overall "forest" feel comes across well in both the heat and cold. Amazingly for the price, it has far and away the best sillage and longevity out of my whole collection. I put it on at 10pm yesterday evening and now, at 2pm today, it still has a good 5-inch range.

The uber-heavy bottle could easily double as a deadly weapon. What's not to like?

pattygirl
pattygirl

A less rich Michael Kors, tempered with more green notes. Smells like Versace Jeans Couture Glam, sans the plum and orange blossom.

ralucucky
ralucucky

Tuberose is not listed as a note in this perfume, but I detected it. It's a girly scent, classic and beautiful.

MaggieKat
MaggieKat

I really like it. I guessed it has some white florals in it, but there are none listed in the notes or the accords. Still lovely scent for spring or summer.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

Buckets of gardenia on the first dab at my wrists. Soon I smell gardenia mixed with violet. Later it's all woodsy. The gardenia is so strong on this one that if there is bergamot or grapefruit leaf in there (which I love) I can't smell it. This is a very sweet scent. I feel a little headachey now.

fobia
fobia

A very nice floral... you smell the gardenia right away.. I can smell the pear and jasmine in it too. Very nice and light. I know my mom would love this because her favorite perfumes are the ones with gardenia.

Spido
Spido

What a lovely, fresh, sweet scent! Reminds me a lot of Ellenisia, as they share the violet(very strong on me), gardenia, tuberose and jasmine notes, and they both have some citrus notes. I want one of these for spring/summer!

vigilante_squirrel
vigilante_squirrel

This is so beautiful, so very elegant! Wearing it for first time today and I am smitten!!

Lush, wanton gardenia, wow, so heady at first sniff! And definitely sweet-tart pear, fresh and crisp, and a cool leafy note (grapefruit leaves, violet leaves?), which prevents the gardenia from ruthlessly taking over completely!

It's drying down on me now; the gardenia is softer yet still very rich. Jasmine and tuberose are making an appearance, along with the most delightful woodsy musk. I catch just the faintest hint of citrus, beautifully co-mingled, keeping the fragrance fresh and soft.

A gorgeous and shamelessly feminine scent. Highly recommended!!

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

It does smell al lot like Michael Kors! Unfortunately where I live Tocca is easier to find then Michael Kors. Tocca is more expensive but M K does not seem to be so popular here although I think his scents are worth every euro and Tocca is overrated, overexpensive.

kiki_belle
kiki_belle

This perfume has become my go-to scent... When I first started wearing it, people would take a deep whiff and go "OMG YOU SMELL SOOOOO GOOD!!!!" whenever they got close to me. I always liked the smell, because it's unlike anything else in my collection, but the constant compliments sealed the deal.

The main note that stands out to me is the Violet. Next would be the Bergamot and Gardenia. It reminds me of sugared flowers. I love it, but it's heady and strong. Anything more than 1-2 spritzes is cloying to me. I once spilled a sample of it on myself and couldn't wear it for an entire year, because the smell made me sick.

jenna7
jenna7

This smells exactly like Kim Kardashian's original perfume to me. Very strong tuberose scent...I like it but its definitely not for everybody.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I am amazed at how much this smells like Michael Kors. Indeed I am surprised tuberose is not one of the notes, as this seems like an absolute tuberose bomb of a scent to me. Definitely a heady, earthy white floral. Like Kors, this projects and lasts like crazy. One spray has been on my arm for hours, and I can still smell it! If you're not a fan of big white florals, this could be a headache inducer for you as it is a more intense and heavy scent.

TheCountess
TheCountess

Very feminine and sensual.

A rather green and fresh but also not outstanding scent. It's again more on the strong and old-fashioned side too like the other Tocca scents I tested.

vector
vector

This is very strong and very sweet. It smells like air freshener, which is good, but not something I want to smell like. Notes are definitely gardenia and probably pear. Sounds like they changed the notes, which is too bad because the original sounds amazing. I do like gardenia, but this one gives me a massive headache

StarMagix
StarMagix

I got a generous sample of this fragrance a long time ago now and I do love it. It reminds me of Beautiful Love, only not as beautiful IMO. It has it's own very lovely appeal however. It belongs in every lady's fragrance wardrobe. I do wish it would last longer though. Beautiful Love last all day and even the next morning on myself. This fragrance wears off after a few hours. It is not that expensive so it is okay with me if I have to spray another spritz. ;-)

I am supposedly wearing Tocca FLORENCE, however, my 15ml bottle came in a special edition gift set which lists these as the primary notes:

Bergamot
Pear
Gardenia
Soft Woods

I am rather confused as to why the box states: "Indulge with three of your favorite TOCCA fragrances in miniatures. Our limited edition coffret features our classic Stella, Florence, and Cleopatra edps..."

Highly misleading. I smell neither violet leaf nor iris anywhere in this composition at all, and as pear does not appear to figure in the original, this "Florence" would seem to be an entirely different perfume--essentially a sweet gardenia. This is nothing new, nor very interesting: loud, expansive, gargantuan gardenia, readily available all over the place and so largely redundant. I'll have to try again, since the original formula sounds far more appealing to me...

lilinah
lilinah

I tested this yesterday. What dominated were gardenia, jasmine, and tuberose. Wanting to discover the composition, i looked here, but I do not see those scents listed. So i looked elsewhere and these notes were given:

Citrus Bergamot, Green Pear, Apple
Ivory Gardenia, Jasmine Petals, Tuberose
Iris, White Musk, Spiced Woods

These notes indeed describe what i smelled: lush indolic white florals, freshed by light fruit (but it is not fruity), and deepened by woods.

My boyfriend discovered that *he* wants to wear those indolic white flowers, so i got a sample for him. I already have several perfumes with tuberose, but if you like tuberose, but dont want it to be too insistent, i recommend Florence.

pinkywithabrain2020
pinkywithabrain2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! If you want a femanin scent without being sweet this is the perfect one for you!!! It's floral and woodsy without being too woodsy.

guest_efikillkiss
guest_efikillkiss

From where to begin? Good lasting power, syropy, evokes a strong feminity, not girl-inity. It suits all women of all ages or type of skin. It could be worn at any time or weather. I'm really enthousiastic about this. I consider it one great purchase for a perfume collector. The bottle is classic and beautiful, a little vintage, i see it as a jewel inside and out. An intense breeze of springtime, femininity and green freshness worn with joy at any season. 10/10/09

Bouquet
Bouquet

I agree with darling starling that this is a "girly girl" scent. Not in the ubiquitous floral-fruity sense. This is more sophisticated. I really get a lot of predominance of violet; so if you like violets, you would love this. TF is a springy daytime scent; lasts about 3-4 hours on me.

Darling Starling
Darling Starling

I am a total girly girl, and this is tied for my absolute favorite scent of all time. The other is Stila Creme bouquet, but Stila is not listed on here :(. Florence is lovely and a gorgeous olfactory trigger for me. When I was in Paris a few years ago I purchased these wonderful violet flavored pastilles. They were overly sweet and tasted a bit like soap, but they left a delightful sugary violet scent in my purse for atleast a year. The scent of Florence brought me right back to those lovely candies and the scent they left me. Florence is an intoxicating and truly addictive scent that smells like a fresh violet dipped in honey. I do get the end notes of white woods, and I get a bit of rose when I wear this on a sunny day, but to me this is just pure bliss in a bottle.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

I smell the violets; they stand out beautifully. But I also smell something on the verge of a tuberose scent..could it be the "white woods"? This is so sweet and girly and I find myself sniffing my wrists frequently. I'm not sure that I would say 'woodsy', but certainly a garden near the woods. :)

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

Strange I would have listed this one as a more woodsy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tocca Florence fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tocca Florence, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Florence by Tocca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Florence by Tocca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.