Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Giulietta Tocca for women

Giulietta Tocca for women
dislike

Giulietta was presented in 2009 and inspired by love story between Federico Fellini and actress Giulietta Massina. The fragrance incorporates Bulgarian rose, ylang ylang, green apple, pink tulip, lily of the valley, palida iris, vanilla orchid, lilac, heliotrope, cedar, musk, amber and sandalwood. It is a sweet, floral memory of the love pair's journey to Corsica.

Granny Smith apple pink tulip Ylang-Ylang

Lilac Lily-of-the-Valley Rose iris Orchid

Amber Heliotrope Virginia Cedar Sandalwood Musk

Giulietta Fragrance Reviews

HollyHawk22
HollyHawk22

This scent is very old-world feminine. I find the name very fitting, as I could easily see an Italian lady wearing it. Very floral with quite a bit of musk. It smells like springtime and foreign films. I love it!

gpesav
gpesav

I've always wanted to own a Tocca perfume. The bottles are just breathtaking. This particular perfume is the only one in the line that I liked, besides Cleopatra. If I could describe this fragrance in one word, it would be clean. That is all I can say about this fragrance. I can't pick out any of the notes. It smells like clean laundry. Fresh, delicate, feminine. This is the scent I wear when I just want to smell nice. If you want a perfume that grabs someones attention, I would pass on this one. Pretty, but not memorable.

talnyc
talnyc

I bought this scent as it reminded me of Vicolo Flori, by Etro. Vicolo Fiori has zero longevity on me and maybe that was because I was wearing the EDT vs the EDP, but I bought this one because the Tocca scent lasted much longer.

I will say that it is not better than the Etro Vicolo Fiori, because of the powdery notes, but it is a nice scent it it's own right.

The top green/fresh/floral notes dries down to the powdery/woodsy/heliotrope bottom notes. I just bought the EDP of Vicolo Fiori and I hope that it works on me in the longevity/sillage departments.

Maride
Maride

I love this scent. It's not a complicated love with thorns and passion. It's pretty straight forward. Some would maybe call it a little simple but sometimes I just crave simple. To me it's elegant and assertive in a relaxed way that puts a smile on my face.

The beginning is fresh and I find the opening green apple very noticeable in a pleasant way, not chemical. It dries down to a lovely lilac-rose-floral base that gets muskier as time goes. Luckily it doesn't go too powdery, only lovely and round with a light freshness.

It lasts about 5 hours on me and sillage is as I prefer - noticeable for those who come close, not something that enters the room before you've even put your hand on the door knob.

New spring love - for sure

jana.hullinghorst
jana.hullinghorst

I have the moisturizing cream and it smells so beautiful, I will definitely be purchasing the EDP to accompany.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

The top notes (especially the apple) were so lovely but so very short-lived. Far too fleeting--seconds, in fact. After that, the fragrance was just a lightweight sweet floral. Moving on...

This is a bit soapy, and green, in a good way, it smells nice but to my nose too much like a shower gel..it is real light though, too light to purchase ...it reminds me of the Eaux Fraiche we bought in supermarkets in France when I was a girl..fresh, light, pretty, youngish.,a medley of soft floral notes....I agree it would make a nice gift for a young woman. Or someone who likes very light scents...not my favorite of the Tocca line..

lcommisso
lcommisso

Delicate, floral, definitely smell the apple. I wouldn't call it air freshener, but it isn't very distinctive either. The silage and longevity are terrible. I think this would be a great perfume for someone in high school, maybe for a cool aunt with money to burn to give as a gift. I don't think it is possible to overspray this.

AlexandraM19

Giulietta really is a gem. The apple gives it a crisp freshness and the florals a soft femininity. I'm not one for bottle collecting but you can't deny the bottle is beautiful. To me Giulietta is a springtime fragrance perfect for days out while wearing a white cotton dress.

jaarlee
jaarlee

Understated elegance.

sumojo
sumojo

I really wanted to love this … admittedly because of the bottle and back story. I did not get ANY green apple and picked up mostly on the base notes of amber, cedar and musk. It is a delicate fragrance which disappeared almost immediately, and while it lingered grew a little too sweet. It's pretty, really pretty, and soft, but not for me. It does speak to a budding romance, but more like Romeo and Juliette, not any sort of adult relationship.

Floreat
Floreat

A really pretty fragrance. No, it doesn't have the lush, sophisticated, unfolding and mysterious layers of some frgrances, but sometimes a person's mood doesn't call for all that. It has a bright opening that's fresh and optimistic. It's subtle with a nice blend of fruits and florals that dry down to a really nice papery smell. The lilac, while not pronounced is there and gives it a bit of a provincial feel. The staying power isn't strong nor is the projection. It's just a really nice fragrance and comes at a relatively good price point. I'm glad I have it.

MyNoirBeehive
MyNoirBeehive

Bland, lightly sweet inoffensive floral. Not me, which is too bad because I love Giulietta Masina ( for whom this was named ). I could see this being a great 16th birthday present for a girl who likes a floral because of the beautiful bottle and association with Fellini/ Masina.
Go elsewhere if you want something that stands out.

Mochahantas
Mochahantas

I purchased the rollerball of this, until I can afford the perfume.

I am in LOVE with this scent. I've searched high and low for a perfume that smells like Caress soap bar (pink, original). Although it is not a dead on dupe, it's pretty darn close: Feminine floral, with a delicate musky spark, with *jjuuuuusssst* a touch of fruit. Smells so fresh and ladylike. I'm so glad someone recommended this as a caress dupe because it is very reminiscent of the scent. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for for the spring. Exactly

On to the bad part. Longevity, strength and sillage SUCKS. Majorly! I got 1-3 hours on skin, and about the same on clothes. I love it to much, I'll keep repurchasing though.

Highly recommend this as a 'meetings' scent or for the girlies/guys who want to smell delicate and feminine.

BRIECHEESE1188
BRIECHEESE1188

Febreze, pure and simple. Would be lovely as a car freshener or sprayed on a couch.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

I would describe most of my Tocca perfumes this one included as delicate. They go on soft and get softer, ie not much longevity. I do think they are perfect for office wear or movie or plane wear. I think it's very offensive when people leave a wake of fragrance behind them. This is a great starter perfume, so much better then the Exclamation or CK Eternity I received in my youth. It is a gentle floral with a titsch of fruit. Sweet and delicate like a first crush.

annasmells
annasmells

Ordinary sweet floral. No longevity after repeated attempts and applications. Synthetic notes.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

I've always wanted to fall in love with a Tocca fragrance so that I might be able to own one of these beautiful bottles - which are works of art! I'm not sure how I missed Giulietta, but I picked up the rollerball version at Sephora recently and knew that it was the one for me; I just brought home a full-sized bottle today and I'm thrilled with the scent.

The fragrance is truly beautiful; it's nothing overwhelmingly original, though I can't think of another scent to compare it to. I get mostly apple and lily at first - and then the vanilla and sandalwood warm things up a bit after a few minutes of wear. There seems to be a fair amount of white musk as well, if I'm not mistaken. It is clean, powdery, fresh, and sweet. Almost a mix between Prada's Infusion d'Iris and D&G Light Blue. Mesmerizing.

This scent really floored me - in a good way. My sniffer was a bit exhausted after trying to find the perfect holiday gift for my future sister-in-law (who is very hard to please), and one whiff of Giulietta literally put a smile on my face. I knew at that moment I'd have to add it to my collection.

My only complaint is that the label on the bottle is kind of an eyesore. It's crooked and looks like it was thrown on haphazardly, but the lid is heavy and ornate and probably beautiful enough to make up for it.

Sillage is minimal, but I sprayed it about six hours ago, and it's still going strong. Projection is limited, so it's office / daytime friendly, but still romantic enough for an evening out. To those of you who think it fades too quickly, check with someone close to you; I received compliments on this throughout the day after I thought it had become undetectable.

4 stars out of 5

Edit: This is incredibly similar to Bath & Body Works' Japanese Cherry Blossom, albeit a bit softer and with a touch less cinnamon. If you're a fan of the aforementioned fragrance, you'll probably adore this one as well.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I was really liking this scent, fresh, light and clean. I get more soft lilac and tulip and a honeysuckle smell. It smells almost liquid and juicy but I don't get a strong apple smell, just some crispness in the background.

I was really enjoying the fragrance but in the back of my mind it reminded me of something and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Unfortunately I realized that for a while it does smell a bit like Off spray on bug repellent.

But I decided to stay with this one. Afer a couple more hours that bugspray scent went away and the Giulietta scent was really beautiful and light and it was still on my skin when I woke up this morning 10 hours later. it's super soft and light now, reminds me or a morning in Rome- aahhh. As with many perfumes, you have to wait for this one to expose its real beauty.

AlexandraM19

Giulietta is crisp, clean, cool and subtly sweet. Perfect for spring. It's simple so there's not a lot of thought required when wearing it. Highly recommend to anyone who loves simple, pretty, clean scents- especially apple lovers.

Aspendina
Aspendina

brief apple note then some nasty flower which ends up smelling like sweaty skin, that's not what I want to smell like after a shower so I had to put another perfume on top of this nasty scent.

fobia
fobia

A very soft sweet scent. Quite pleasant. I can smell the rose and green apple. It smells pretty fresh.. that just stepped-out of the shower smell. But not in the DKNY intensity, it's a bit more subtle than that. It reminds me more of a fresh laundry sort of smell.

lorelei51h
lorelei51h

I liked Guilietta a lot when I first sprayed it, but it has no staying power on my skin at all. I even tried it with the body cream without any luck. I guess it's just not meant for me. Too bad :(

I bought this, but I'm returning it. When I first sprayed it on, it smelled divine. It smelled like clean, fresh, sweet bananas or something like that. I thought it could become my signature scent. Within 5 minutes, there was no trace of perfume on my skin at all. I've never had a perfume last only 5 minutes. Clearly I'm not happy with it.

aray
aray

Utter confusion here. I don't get ANY apple at all from this. Not in the opening and neither in the long run. I get wonderfully clean yet warm florals, I get iris, I get orchids and I get the feeling this might just be my new signature scent. To even compare it to "your average apple scent" seems bizarre to me, but I guess it might just be my skin chemistry.

Either way, I'm loving everything about it, including bottle design, art work, name, backstory, everything.

I have never tried any of the other female-inspired Tocca scents but I sure am dying to do so now, being left in a more than wonderful daze and affection for this one, Giulietta.

sophisticated

btw, the one i'm talking about is 2011 edition but couldn't find it here or maybe my eyes tricked me :)

sophisticated

there's another Giulietta, the bottle is pretty much the same, same cap, same appearance but it's all clear, transparent bottle of EDP

it claims it's inspired by a love story between an italian director and his actress wife... well, would the happily loving couple join Nina and DKNY to the left in the green apple garden please?

i like eating green apple if you don't mind >.<
i'm just so sick of this frag, it's like everywhere, green apples, flowers and here you go, a new frag BUT IT'S NOT NEW :'( humph!!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Giulietta was a typical but pleasant-enough fruity floral while it lasted, which was about 20 minutes on my skin. I would have welcomed some apple, tulip or iris if the scent stuck around long enough to present these notes, but it didn't. A generic fruity blast and poof! It was gone!

Unfortunately, there's nothing new or special here and combined with zero lasting power, I certainly can't recommend it.

A sales person directed me towards Giulietta when I visited a perfume boutique in search of an apple-based fragrance for a friend.

Searching for an apple scent can be a nightmare or an exciting experience. The better the quality of the ingredients, the more pleasing the apple scent often is.

Giulietta is mostly crisp, watery green apple with a delicate array of soapy and clean florals. This is a lovely fragrance for those particularly humid and unbearable days in the midst of Summer.

Smelling this fragrance is just like biting into an apple and sensing the misty juice droplets around your mouth. Giulietta is a fruity floral that relies on its subtlety to make its mark. It's nothing like the overpowering DKNY Be Delicious, the clean and sporty Ralph by Ralph Lauren, or the candied Nina by Nina Ricci.

For some reason Giulietta reminds me of a clean bathroom. It is perhaps that clean smell that it tends to have which reminds me of apple-scented shampoo and floral soaps. It's pretty, but perhaps a little too crystal clear and crisp for my personal tastes.

The lasting strength is so-so, and the sillage can be rather weak at times. Giulietta comes and goes, barely noticeable in a large crowd.

Personally I prefer the other offerings from Tocca's range, however please note that I'm not a fruity floral fan. I gave a sample of this to my friend whom I had in mind and she loved it. So each to their own.

Tocca GIULIETTA opens with a very strong green apple note--granny smith, to be more precise. From there the apple fades and gives way eventually to a light, somewhat generic floral drydown with lily of the valley most noticeable to me.

GIULIETTA has disappointing staying power, but I also find the composition rather shallow to begin with--more of an everyday, wear to the office or grocery store fragrance with very little depth and low sillage. This is definitely my least favorite Tocca, but fruity floral lovers may be able to find something worthwhile here.

midsummer
midsummer

I get the apple, I get the fruit and flowers, but this isn't special enough for me to pick up a bottle of my own. With a name like Giulietta, I was hoping for something very lush and romantic, but this felt sort of nonchalant and everyday.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

This is very nice, but reminds me a little bit of Cotton Blossom/Sea Island Cotton from BBW. But fancier. It's very clean and cottony and slightly 'watery' on my skin, like Marc Jacobs. I don't get much fruit scent from it (no apple scent at all) but just clean, wattery cottony, fresh. It's nice.

guest_sunshine-CO
guest_sunshine-CO

I love this fragrance. I am fond of all the Tocca and wear Touch quite often but this one is to my nose a complete fusion of liquid love and a confluence of vibrant olfactory energy. Meow! Ruff Ruff... this is man magnet prima materia.

Ari
Ari

I purchased this fragrance maybe 2-3 weeks ago and it is now my primary fragrance. It is a very soft fragrance. Upon first spritz I detect the apple note with great clarity and then the scent dries to a very clean faint scent. I tend to lean towards fruity floral fragrances as they compliment my body chemistry best. I have oily skin and am medium complexion with dark hair. This fragrance is a definite fragrance for everyday wear as it is not assaultive on the senses and has no lingering sillage. And with winter now upon us, I'd have to say comparatively speaking it's probably a scent to be worn in spring and summer. My only complaint is this scent does not have "staying" power. I find myself re-spritzing throughout the day. But, I must concede with such a light fruity floral in such a beautiful bottle to boot, I really don't mind. If light fruity floral is your preference this would indeed be a nice addition to one's perfume wardrobe. I think I would definitely second the description given by guest_mrsmarta's of this fragrance as "nude"

chance25
chance25

Long story short, I'm driving and my DH says it smells like bug spray in here. I give him my wrist and he says yes that's it. It smelled to him like that sickley sweet bug spray you spray in your yard to get rid of fleas and insects. Ugh, totally gross and it would not leave my skin even after 3 washings! Tocca has not hit any home runs with me in the perfume department. Cleopatra maybe, but I'd rather have Narcisso Rodriguez or cheaper SJP Lovely if I want that sort of scent.

guest_mrsmartay
guest_mrsmartay

Just smelled this for the first time this week. Very soft, a smell I refer to as nude, a fragrance you wear like your skin. Its not overpowering and doesn't stand out. It smells clean and fresh. You could wear every day. I need to try it some more to make a decision to buy.

mmizy
mmizy

i smelled this fragrance briefly and the apple note is very noticeably. Its smelled like (for lack of a more clever way of putting it) appley sweet soap. May be a little too synthetic for some.

Giulietta by Tocca 3.68 out of 5 based on 210 ratings and 37 user reviews

Tocca Eau de Parfum, Guilietta
Tocca Eau de Parfum, Guilietta
Tocca - Giulietta Eau de Parfum - 1.7 oz
Tocca - Giulietta Eau de Parfum - 1.7 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tocca Giulietta fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tocca Giulietta, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Giulietta by Tocca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Giulietta by Tocca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.