Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Graciella Tocca for women

Graciella Tocca for women
dislike

Graciella Tocca for women Pictures

Graciella is devoted to the beauty of Grace Kelly. The composition is built around the gracious Casablanca lily. Graciella was launched in 2011.

Bitter Orange Apricot Pear Petitgrain

iris Ylang-Ylang Rose Lily Magnolia

Musk Benzoin

Graciella Fragrance Reviews

Cereza
Cereza

"Shy, unoffensive, elegant, breezy and light" would be the words I'd use if I tried to sell this perfume.
In reality GRACIELLA is more than a disappointment, I believe this is the sort of perfume people by in clearance because of the pretty bottle and first 30 seconds when it's actually good. Then they go home and discover the horrible truth about their new perfume - it has a silage of a mild soap and it stays on the skin for 2 hours. And, the horror, for the 2 hours it does linger on the skin it is not that god at all. After the lovable fruity blast it turns to a aquatic pear scent, no, sorry, not an aquatic pear scent, it smells like the water someone washed pears in before eating them.

An utter disappointment, I would not recommend this for anyone.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

This fragrance Graciella by Tocca is definitely unbalanced, since almost dry fennel like facet of Tonka bean or fenugreek like spicier facet of the pear note(or magnolia note) or of immortelle or caravay was the only thing that jumped to my nose when I smelled the paper strip. This smells almost as immortelle and (or dry fruit note) or caravay in L'eau de Hesperides Diptyque. Basically, the pear note and/or magnolia note in Graciella falls apart at the start, which is ok with me, since I am yet to smell the pear in the fragrance when it's announced anyway. I usually smell the pear in the fragrances when it's not stated, for example as the fruity facets of the rose fragrance (L'Occitane Rose 4 Reines) and some others.
Soon after initial tuning of the fragrance (or of the nose?)one can smell something somewhat resembling the pear, and it is not nauseating, then I smell the result of the designer’s effort to show the wetness (juiciness), sweetness and freshness of the fruit. But my nose never adjusts to imperfectly constructed fruit/magnolia note, sometimes it’s there, sometimes it’s just an upper facet and the base separated from it.
It's ok, in case if balancing takes 100 other different synthetics and fixes. Maybe I will get a "cleaner" fragrance this way. Nevertheless, it seems to smell as a slightly better quality fragrance than Flora by Gucci Gorgeous Gardenia.

Unlike some very cloying unbearable sweetish greenness of lilies in Cartier’s Baiser Vole, or relentless pear note, that seems close to “lily” for my nose, in Annick Goutal’s Petite Cherie and countless other “pear” and “lily” creations (I have a feeling , somebody has been intentionally hurting French houses for some time already, and French houses really need very strong advocates), Tocca’s Graciella is non-obtrusive , transparent fruity floral, that lets one breath freely, not battered by their own perfume. In fact all Toccas I smelled gave me an impression of transparency and ease.
Another joy that imperfect balancing of Toccas ensures: nice surprises. It’s always nice to find something familiar with a twist in Tocca’s fragrances. They both smell dear and slightly new at the same time. Love that guessing game of what they remind me.
Somewhat similar to L’Occitane: pseudo simple compositions, that are much more dear to me than more expensive fragrances with murky love stories attached.
If being unbalanced (which I am)and transparent are imperfections of the fragrance, this is exactly the case when I love imperfections more than highly concentrated pretense.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

I agree--a light fruity floral. Wearable but boring.

MLK
MLK

Graciella - what a lovely, fresh, delightful scent. When I first tried it in store, I sprayed a bit on my writst, smelt it, then spraed it all over my neck and arms. It is light enough to be an all over scent - nice in the summer days when you don't want something too overpowering. Very classy, easy to wear perfume. I bought the bottle after that and I have not regretted it. It is named after Grace Kelly - she was sophisticated and classy and this scent represents her in every way.

Mostlyl strong white lilies, with a faint watery pear note to alleviate the plain white flower feeling. There's a slight metallic edge, probably the iris, but overall, it's a same-y Big White Floral on me. Not different enough for me to want, but in itself, it's classy and lovely.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

I bought this blind, reading the reviews that mentioned the pear and compared Graciella to my very favorite, Petite Cherie by Annick Goutal. I don't get that at ALL. There is certainly some pear there, but not the bright, fresh pear of Petite Cherie. I'm still going to wear it, but it's not what I had hoped.

EDIT: OK, when am I going to learn not to review a fragrance the first time I wear it? I wasn't a hundred percent in love with this one the first time. Now I am. It's pears and white floral, which would make one think of J'Adore, but it's a totally different concept. Where J'Adore is golden glamour and Petite Cherie is fresh and carefree, Graciella has an almost snuggly character on me, especially in the drydown. I don't get aquatic or citrus notes at all, but then, my skin eats those notes anyway, unless they're on blast, and it's for the best that aquatic notes should fade out on me, because they don't do well. I've used up my mini, because I wear this all the time.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

Just got a rollerball sample with my Sephora purchase and I must say this is very nice. I really love the creaminess of it- the florals and fruits seem to meld together so wonderfully. There is cashmere listed in its notes and I can smell it. If it were in spray form, I'm sure I'd get bigger sillage and longevity. This would be great to wear when it's Spring and Summer.

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

Really, it's very pretty. Soft, airy, with lots of elegance. I think it fits a modern Grace. It's just enough of a lush floral without being too strong for me, and it also smells calming. I'd wear it to take a stroll in the spring.

Moonds
Moonds

I bought this blind and was a bit worried....the descriptions of pear and lily was a bit odd. However, it's a lovely wear. Initially there is a big floral hit, lots of lily, but it softens to something feminine and warm. It's gentle without being sappy.

Other reviewers mentioned the quality and freshness of the fragrance and I have to agree, it is pure and not synthetic.

A definite hit for spring - summer.

Shortly after testing Tocca's Florence, a kind sales assistant urged me to test Graciella. Since I adore pear in almost any fragrance, this delightfully sweet and delicate scent was a must-try.

I do indeed love Graciella, however its subtlety sometimes bothers me. Some days I can smell it, other days I cannot.

It's neither too floral nor too fruity. I find it a nice balance between the two. Both the pear and apricot notes provide some natural sweetness, while a creamy blend of lily and ylang ylang smell clean and feminine underneath all the fruitiness.

This Spring, I've been wearing a lot of pastel colours, and as soon as I smelt Graciella, I knew it would be the perfect scent to match my style. It's a really girly fragrance, and I kind of like that aspect.

The drydown is a touch more intense, with rich benzoin, rose and musk. It concludes this scent well, allowing the wearer to enjoy a sudden burst of projection for the last few hours of wear. I would recommend this scent to everyone and anyone. This brand is so underrated.

dkny27
dkny27

Definately a little on the boring side, but sometimes boring is good? Right? I mean in the sense that this very pretty fragrance is simply stated. Very soft, but clean, slightly fruity. I'm not getting too much musk and the lasting power isn't very long. What caught me was the scent about an hour later, just a hint of something unique.
Perfect for the office, everyday soft floral.

Zephyrae13
Zephyrae13

this fragrance is so underrated. Do you know how hard it is to find a fresh dewy,not dirty or spicy casablanca lily? Almost impossible! the lily really loves my skin, and sticks out on a background of watery fruits and a resinous light musky base. I adore the smell of casablanca lilies, and this takes me back to my childhood. It simply does not smell like anything else I can think of on the market at this time! And I do not detect any headache inducing synthetic chemicals. I beleive this is a perfume that would be an excellent blind buy, I simply can't get enough of it!

Canterbury23
Canterbury23

This fragrance is delicately floral and fruity at the same time. When sniffed from the bottle it has what I can best describe as a watery quality. It literally makes my mouth water, but not the same as when you smell a real pear, but similar. On my skin the lilly and rose are more apparent. The fruits in the top fade after about an hour, but have enough lingering staying power to keep the flowers from becoming overpowering. The benzoin is there in the background throughout and the musk is subtle. In three words I would describe it is as: bright, elegant, fresh.

Friesianfriendly
Friesianfriendly

This scent is beautiful, feminine, delicate, understated, and perfect for spring. They didn't go wrong with this one when they devoted it to Grace Kelly; it's completely fitting. I don't find it boring at all- I find its classic simplicity refreshing. Although it's a fruity floral it's not too sweet! This scent has a harmony to it that is tranquil, soothing, and uplifting. It has about four hours of lasting power, but it has decent sillage for most of that time. It is never overpowering; it's always ladylike.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I had such high hopes for this one. The bottle is beautiful and with Grace Kelly being the inspiration I had to try it.
On first spray it smells so enchanting, it really does. I can't pick out notes in particular excepting a hint of apricot and flowers. This lovliness last about 5 minutes however and then it fades to pear and musk with a hint of lily and then the lily disappears and it is just pear and musk, somewhat aquatic, and very boring. Such a shame.

Tocca GRACIELLA is a pleasant, resinous (benzoin + musk) fruity-floral perfume with a clean and sweet rather than dirty lily note. I also notice the iris and ylang-ylang, but the pear is really quite prominent, so this is definitely just as fruity as it is floral.

Another simple pleasure from the house of Tocca, GRACIELLA smells natural and inoffensive and is much better than most of the designer fruity-floral perfumes with huge advertising budgets.

I recommend this line to those who seek mainstream-type perfumes made with high-quality components, as the Tocca offerings, while neither profound nor complex, never smell like chemical soup to me, and that's a good thing, in and of itself. The bottles are also beautiful.

Graciella by Tocca 3.54 out of 5 based on 111 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tocca Graciella fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tocca Graciella, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Graciella by Tocca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Graciella by Tocca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.