Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Margaux Tocca for women

Margaux Tocca for women
dislike

Margaux by Tocca is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Margaux was launched in 2013. Top notes are blood orange, bergamot, cassis and gardenia; middle notes are jasmine, violet and cashmere wood; base notes are musk, benzoin, vanilla and heliotrope.

Blood Orange Bergamot Cassis Gardenia

Jasmine Violet Cashmere Wood

Musk Benzoin Vanilla Heliotrope

Margaux Fragrance Reviews

AllieJ
AllieJ

I really love this perfume, and its one where I can't really pick out individual notes too much. Just musky and woody and resiny and a little bit creamy, with a bit of a bite - from the cassis? blood orange maybe? I love the sharpness upon first spray. After the top notes fade it becomes much softer and quieter immediately, I can smell the flowers and vanilla more, and then it fades away for me completely in about 2 hours (a bit longer on clothes, but not nearly enough.) This is a go-to for me at night when the weather gets colder, but it is seriously lacking in sillage and longevity. It smells good enough that I don't mind respraying, but I do wish it was a bit stronger.

Mimmi
Mimmi

This doesn't seem to be getting enough love on this page - I think it's a lovely creamy gardenia, sweet enough with the vanilla and benzoin, but also the sweetness is kept nuanced by a pinch of other qualities - I can detect woods, a slightly bitter cassis leaf and the juicy blood-orange. I think it's up there with a lot of more costly gardenias, that is for the first hours - my problem with this is that the most enjoyable phase lasts only 3-4 hours, after that I only sense a vague echo of what was.

Hedonista
Hedonista

I'm giving this a third try and it's just not happening for me. When I first tried it, I let my hubby have a sniff and he said what I was thinking "Colonial Williamsburg!". It smells like the old shops and potpourri they have there. Not even a hint of florals on me. Warm and powdery woods and amber. Comforting in a very old fashioned way.
If you enjoyed a Virginia vacation at our Colonial capital you will love this scent.

LanaDP86
LanaDP86

I wasn't sure about this scent but I bought it anyway. I took it on vacation with me the first week I purchased it and the attention it got was enough for me to be wary of wearing this scent when I want to go unnoticed. It is a seductive and inviting scent that one should wear with heels.
I sometimes like to mix perfumes to make my own scent and I wear Bvulgari Jasmine Noir with this one.

cincobayou
cincobayou

At work I use the name of Margo; so, when I saw the Tocca Margaux, I decided to buy it and use it since it was 'my name".
Before I paid out the $68 for a bottle of it at Sephora, I did read about the notes and knew it was one that I would like….flowers with woods. No fruity stuff!
This is a lovely scent to wear to work, never overpowering or offensive. Just so pleasant and pretty and warm.
A few years ago I bought Tocca Cleopatra and it was nice…got the bubble bath too. But I was not thrilled with it…rather blagh to me, but my daughter loved it and took it and was happy with it.
The only drawback to the Tocca fragrances: they do not last very long!
Daughter says she thinks it disappears before she can even walk out of the house!
I wore it to work today and it was pretty much gone after 5 hours.
As soon as I got home, I sprayed some on again and fell in love once more.
Margaux by Tocca is a lovely fragrance but it will need reapplying after about 4 hours.
Happy with my purchase.

sjam3295
sjam3295

When I first put this on I got lovely musk and sweet vanilla; then beautiful gardenia came in. The dry-down is a creamy, sweet, amber-y, vanilla-y gardenia, very well-blended, which I find absolutely divine.

I tested this in the heat of the Sydney summer, and although I love it, I think this is definitely a cold-weather scent. In fact, I think this would be a stunner in winter; it has a really warm, comforting, sweet-without-cloying, floral feel to it. I think this could become a cold-weather staple for me.

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I know this may not make any sense, but I am really reminded of Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau. It seems to be a point of reference for me...
In the opening this is unlike anything I've smelled. I get something biting and tart and medicinal that eventually gives way to creamy white florals and powdery violet. It's smooth and soothing and sexy in a way that isn't pushy or in your face. It simply calls, quietly. The dry down is where I start to get a touch of Jeaux de Peau. It has a certain milky vanilla musk that stays close to the skin, but Margaux holds onto her flowers.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

For me, this one's not about dissecting every note and figuring out the complexities. This one just smells so good, and it puts a smile on my face every time I get even a trace of the scent. I adore it, and it is my favorite of the Tocca line. It is so pretty, sweet, warm and relaxing. And sometimes you really just need that. I also think both men and women would really like this one on a woman. If you're looking to impress and want to wear something romantic and pretty but not overwhelming, this is your perfume!

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I have a carded sample from Sephora, and this is what it says inside:

" Evoking the deep, enduring love of two kindred souls, Margaux embraces you with velvety petals of green gardenia and ambery violet. The rich warmth of Cashmere Wood and Warm Musk, lightened by the sweetness of Vanilla, envelop you in an intoxicating perfume that conjures the timelessness of that one true love."

I wanted to share this because I feel this description very much matches my experience of Margaux. I've been wanting to love a Tocca fragrance enough to make a purchase for some time, and this is the first one that seems to work well enough for me. I have to say I'm getting a lot of violet, and it's really nice. Not a stuffy or candied violet, but fresh smelling. It might be so because of the subtle gardenia backing it up. I also get the cashmere wood and warm musk, which create a very soft, luxurious, powdery, feminine base to the violet. This fragrance is delicate and a little bit complicated. When I first applied inside both wrists it seemed to fade to a very soft musky whisper within about two hours. I reapplied more liberally, adding a bit to the neckline of my top, my hair, and behind my ears. Now I am wafting in the ambery warm violet radiance of it. This isn't a sweet fragrance, which is a nice change of pace. I don't know about the notes listed in the description here, I'm not sure I get any blood orange or bergamot, but they may be blended in there to add to the freshness. I don't get a lot of vanilla, just a subtle hint to keep things from getting sour. I'm not sure what cassis smells like, but maybe it's adding to the violet I'm getting. This does seem to be a soft purple fragrance to me.

Paintedlily
Paintedlily

This is a lovely evening out fragrance when you want to feel sophisticated, beautiful and respectable. Like going to a gala or maybe a charitable event. It makes me feel glam, but not necessarily sexy. Mostly sophisticated, it has a sort of dry austere feeling with soft beauty. This lady isn't going to let her hair down for just anyone, she's had to work incredibly hard to get the respect that she has!

It opens with a musky (clean not oily) vanilla gardenia. They balance each other well. Musk keeps the vanilla from going too sweet, vanilla keeps the gardenia from going too sharp and gardenia keeps the musk from going to detergent town and getting too boring. Powder develops to keep things nice and soft.

This is a little louder than most fragrances thought of as "daytime wear", but I suppose you could if you like your juice with a little oomph. Otherwise, I do see this as being a softer nighttime fragrance.

Silage is moderate at about arms length on dry skin in a central heating environment. I expect longevity to last around 6+ hours. EDIT: This became softer more quickly than anticipated. This will probably last about 4+ hours.

Very nice fragrance when you're in a mood to instill respect and remain feminine and beautiful.

scain54
scain54

Very, very nice, for the cooler months. A welcome change from all the sugary fruity florals that line the Sephora shelves. Opens with a slightly medicinal note which soon fades into the lovely woods, with gardenia and violet quietly blooming in the background. Not overly sweet - but a definite presence. I find that this juice encourages me to stand a little taller, and walk a bit more briskly. A confidence-builder, if you need one.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

I detected absolutely no citrus. The relationship must not have been too exciting if this scent is the impression left. Unremarkable and forgettable.

Alexandrarae
Alexandrarae

This one looks delightful - love the name too! The notes are interesting - blackcurrent and gardenia? Will definitely be giving this one a try. Something different I feel. Alexandrarae

fiverosestea
fiverosestea

a very gentle easy tolerable scent... i like it.

myolderbrother
myolderbrother

That old adage that we all wear scent uniquely has never been more true for me than with this perfume. I was shocked to see the notes because the top notes are nonexistent on me, and while violet does show itself for the first 10 minutes, it is backed up with such a powerful combination of the base notes, with the resinous notes overpowering everything! Eventually it settles down and becomes everything Estee Lauder's Sensuous is, and more. Beautifully more. On that special person, this will be spectacular!

As I am completely and utterly enamored of the Tocca bottles, I look forward to each new Tocca launch as an excuse to acquire one of their dual-function eye-candy/personal defense implements. I used to complain about the fact that the sprayers are heat-sealed, making it impossible to refill the vessels, and also the fact that they contain only 50ml, which can be drained in no time. But then one day I had an epiphany: these bottles contain a small volume precisely so that one can leave them out on one's vanity tray or in one's boudoir in plain daylight without risking damage to the perfume. By the time the composition would begin to degrade, it's already gone! So now I'm not complaining anymore (though I do still wish that they were screw-on). I love these bottles as decorative pieces and, once empty, beautiful windowsill adornments--in addition to bedside personal defense implements, as they are truly hefty enough to crack a skull. Midnight trespassers beware!

The opening of Tocca Margaux had me very excited: a nice oriental in the neighborhood of Brigitte. My only issue with this fragrance is the incredibly tenacious gardenia note, which comes through in the drydown. Nothing like Florence, mind you, which ends up being overwhelming whenever I wear it. (Strangely I have twice made the mistake of donning that super-strong, nuclear-powered juice before setting out for the library--and later regretting the choice...) Margaux is certainly more tolerable than Florence to my nose--this is not massive sweet gardenia overkill--but the drydown is nowhere nearly as delightful as the opening. That's okay though, since I only need to be capable of consuming a grand total of 50ml in order to persuade myself that this is another propitious Tocca bottle acquisition opportunity.

pantorini
pantorini

If you own Marina de Bourbon Reverence, you do not need this. They smell exactly alike.

almarie
almarie

This is actually quite nice. I smelled this at Anthropolie today and tried it on my wrist and I have to say that I will definitely be purchasing this in the near future. I love the violet in it because it's not too overpowering and I think it's perfect for this time of year. Well done Tocca.

Jenavira
Jenavira

If you missed out on Burberry Brit Gold give this fragrance a try maybe not as pungent on the sandalwood and amber but still plenty woody with the very present cassis/black current note found in Burberry Brit Gold. Unique on the mass market shelves of fragrance.

Margaux by Tocca 3.75 out of 5 based on 65 ratings and 19 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tocca Margaux fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tocca Margaux, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Margaux by Tocca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Margaux by Tocca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.