Designers » T-Z » Oriental « Groups

Todd Oldham Todd Oldham for women

Todd Oldham Todd Oldham for women
dislike

Todd Oldham Todd Oldham for women Pictures

Todd Oldham by Todd Oldham is a Oriental fragrance for women. Todd Oldham was launched in 1995. Top notes are bergamot, mandarin orange and peach; middle notes are jasmine, cinnamon, rose and fruity notes; base notes are musk, sandalwood, patchouli, amber and benzoin.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Peach

Jasmine Cinnamon Rose Fruity Notes

Musk Sandalwood Patchouli Amber Benzoin

Marella Ferrera
Autour du Coquelicot

Todd Oldham Fragrance Reviews

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Minis are at my 99 cent store for some weird reason. They usually have nothing but knockoffs. I tried to smell it from the bottle. I wanted to dab it on but of course would feel guilty trying if I didn't buy and I have a very strict extras allowance right now. Something about it smells vintage to me. I'm still kinda curious to buy it, but for some reason I didn't buy it for a dollar today so I guess that says something..although I didn't get to properly try it. I might go back. It was 99 cents. Why didn't I buy it already?

Darn, I just looked down and read that someone smells bananas in this! I must go back and get this. Banana perfume is rare.

susiebashse.
susiebashse.

Sandalwood, cinnamon and coal tar soap. A scrubber for me I am afraid.

bubbles
bubbles

I believed my fellow fragrantican:( this smells nothing like maubaussion! It smells dated & old, while mauboussin smells modern, plummy, powdery! I wish I never bought this perfume based on reviews, this is the second time I have done that, the other cost me a lot more money, but lesson learned!

SheAlwaysSmellsGood
SheAlwaysSmellsGood

I got this perfume for very cheap on eBay (it's possible to find it for as little as $3!) and I'm so glad I took a chance on it. I really had no idea what to expect, but that is half of the excitement from blind buying scents! I was very pleasantly surprised. The bottle is very cute and understated, the color is a deep amber that reminds me of apple juice. I put a splash on my wrists and went about my afternoon grocery shopping. Every time I reached out to grab something off of the shelf, I smelled this beautiful concoction and I have to say that I am HOOKED. It's very feminine and very mature. Classy would be a good word to describe it. A deep spicy smell with faint sweetness, like someone said above, reminiscent of bananas and caramel. I just love it so much that I'm going to buy some more so that I don't run out any time soon because I see myself wearing this a lot in the near future.

NaturallySerene
NaturallySerene

Several years ago when my great grandmother died, I discovered this perfume among others while rummaging through her possessions. I loved it so so much, it was deep, slightly spicy, rich and sweet to me. It made me feel like a grown up (I was 15 at the time). I asked my grandpa if I could keep a bottle as there were 5 of them. He said yes, and I remember being so happy to have my own bottle of this delicious perfume. I was so deeply in love with it to the point where I sprayed it on nearly everything I owned! Not surprisingly, my friends would tell me I smelled like an old woman but I didn't care! I was so sad when more than half of it leaked all over the bottom of my purse.

I think part of the reason I was so infatuated with it was because it reminded me of her; it smelled amazing on her skin and the fact she had more than one bottle of it makes me think she loved it just as much as I did.

Today I rediscovered this (my mother had a bottle under her sink!) and I've fallen in love with it all over again! I don't detect any bergamot, mandarin orange, or rose. On my skin this is a lovely sweet oriental with lots of peach, musk, cinnamon and amber. Somehow I feel comforted while wearing it; like being wrapped in a super soft blanket. This is definitely a scent best worn in the fall/winter. I think this would be perfect for an evening out as it is quite sexy and men seem to really like it! I'm stocking up on this as soon as possible!

Sajamacy
Sajamacy

Absolutely gorgeous fragrance which was once my signature scent--until it was no longer available & alas! I have not seen it since!! This perfume is a sexy, sweet, and unusual concoction that is bold & wonderfully rich, sweet and ambery with deep woody notes. It always used to suit me so well either day or night (though now I would probably keep it as a fall and/or evening scent) and is surprisingly long lasting on my skin. As a curious note, last year I noted that the perfume by Rhianna, Rebele, smells remarkably like Todd Oldham, but not quite as long lasting and a little more sweet, is part of the Parlux fragrance line, which happens to be the same company that marketed Todd Oldham back in the day!!

Shivana
Shivana

I was very keen to try this one out as I love peachy scents.

However, intially it has a very strong indian floral hit that fades within half an hour.

I have to agree with some of the comments I've seen about banana... though I only smell the banana when I inhale it deeply from skin.

Generally, it seems to float around with a beautiful, creamy cinnamon, bergamot and patchouli aroma. And, there is a mild, yet sweet fruitiness that I think is from the musk. (just can't be sure)

Absolutly perfect to be wearing some 4 days before Christmas.

Also reminds me of something I've worn in the late 80's early 90's, that I suspect was common at the time. Can't quite put my finger on what is was.

Personally, I like it. I cannot detect any peach though.

mad.kat.96
mad.kat.96

I love this very spicy oriental with touch of jasmine. Strong, lasting & good sillage which I definately prefer. A bit gothic? yes

On me the cinnamon, amber, benzoin steal the show, the jasmine, patcholi & musk are there as backup dancers. The fruits are just peeking in on the party. The rose is hiding out somewhere else as I dont smell it at all.

One more thing I love is that the mini bottles have a screw on lid instead of the stopper that has to be pulled out as I usually make a mess of those and I worry that they will either be so tight I that cant get them open or they will loosen and open when I dont want them to..

cleopatrasboudoir
cleopatrasboudoir

I simply LOVE this perfume. It smell like Angel but with more spice...it seems to have a bit of cumin mixed in with the cinnamon, although it isn't noted in the fragrance description. I think it smells quite beautiful, lasts a very long time on the skin.

Todd Oldham on me at first smells intensely sweet/sour & fruity. Then it dries down to more of a jasmine and benzoin fragrance with patchouli and some fruity accords. I don't know if there is officially banana in this, but something smells like banana. For that reason I don't get the funeral / church comments. Funerals smell like lilies and church smells like incense. Not bananas.
If I had smelled this in 1995 when it first came out I would have pretty much been floored by how different it is from a lot of other scents that were popular at the time.
Reminds me of something from my childhood that I can't quite put my finger on. I want to say it might be a slight candy cigarette accord.
It's very strong. Apply with a light hand.

tourmali45
tourmali45

Fairy tale of a scent- gets me to thinking of flurry wings and forest little men (this is probable because of a pronounced bergamot and sandal). I find Todd Oldham predominantly woody with a touch of oriental flowers. There are a lot of fruit in the description - I'm quite surprised, I detect none at all other than bergamot. Very comforting and totally non-exciting scent (meant in a good way).
Perfect for wearing "for yourself" when at home, or when feeling blue. Another scent "just for me" when I need some comfort and don't want to make a statement is Arabie Lutens, those are not similar, but have some similarities in the effect they make on me.
I have a mini of Todd Oldham, and for now this is just enough - winter is almost over, and winter is the time when I mostly reach for this perfume.

Tnis is similar to vintage Balahe by Leonard, except that this one seems less dense and may be missing a few notes. I think Balahe may be better balanced and since I don't need both I will likely put my 50 ml of this one on my swap list. Ingredient quality seems quite good. I suggest wainting at least half an hour before rendering judgement because this one is rather harsh at first, but the drydown is much less animalic and crude.

b@by
b@by

Someone mentioned wearing this to a funeral. Someone else mentioned a graveyard? Ok I get it. It smells like that oil they cross on your forehead in the church, when you're getting baptised and confirmed. Kind of a sacred smell, and a perfume a ghost might wear... BUT I like it! It's churchy. So unusual, like nothing else in my collection, and I think this is a necessary addition. It really does work. Everything comes together perfectly to smell kinda holy :)

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I was too young when this came out, and I still haven't smelled it. It certainly looks and sounds unusual. And what ever happened to Todd? He was always on MTV or the Style network back in the day.

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

Unusual, and not really in a good way, which is a bummer, 'cause I love Todd Oldham and his brilliant design sensibility. The banana and cinnamon combo seems to grow stronger by the hour--sort of mushy and gritty. A well-constructed hybridization of gourmand, chypre, and oriental qualities, Todd Oldham is substantial and rich, a throwback to the 80s, but I found its tropical elements and similarity to the badly reformulated Cinnabar almost unwearable. Must love foody, creamy, strong smells to love this. Seems this might be for a certain breed of very experienced perfumista who knows just what they like. Sort of intentionally barely off-kilter and crafty like Todd Oldham himself. The considerable strength and slight imbalance of progression might be better in coldest winter and anything-goes festive nighttime, so I'll try this one again around Christmas.

Soie
Soie

I bought a large bottle of this at a deep discount at Marshall's years ago. As I recall, it is a warm, ambery Oriental, not particularly spicy, but it did have a slightly masculine cologne aroma to it IMO. I do remember that, according to a few online sites, it is said to have a note of cucumber, which is not included among the notes listed above.

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

The perfect scent to wear to your own funeral. I would advise against it for anything else.

nicenspice
nicenspice

This smells of creamy vanilla and bananas to me.Bananas?!! Bananas aren't mentioned in the list of notes but,too me,for the first 15 minutes it's the overriding aroma.After this it settles into a cinnamon/woody vanilla.Very different.Very comforting.Would be very special if the scent didn't fade so quickly.Lack of longevity lets this fragrance down massively.Todd Oldham is my most frustrating dissapointment.I so wanted it to be my signature,but I can't give dressing-table room to a quick fader..It's not my style.

i agree, very similar to halston classic, but a little more cinnamon to my nose. it just smells golden and warm. very long lasting, possibly a bit longer than halston on skin, while halston wins as far as staying power on clothes. another blast from the past. right up there with the 80's powerhouse perfumes.

Wow! Even though this is from the 90's, it can easily compete with spicy powerhouses from previous eras, like Opium (the original), Tigress and Cinnabar. After the initial blast of spices subsides, this becomes a bit more green and very woody, while still maintaining its inherent spiciness. I get no sweetness from this at all, and the floral notes are so faint, I really have to pay attention to notice them. The jasmine is soft and lovely and contributes a faint powdery undertone at the drydown, but it is very easily missed. Overall I would call this a very woody, spicy oriental. I think this can be easily worn by a man. I am a spice lover, but I would not recommend anyone blind buy this.

jujy54
jujy54

very similar to Queen by Queen Latifah, which I prefer. I find the combination of spice and jasmine to be jarring in this case.

BlueMoonRose
BlueMoonRose

One of my favorites in the 90's ... amber, woody, just amazing. I wish I could find it now but have not been able to.

erincassells
erincassells

Every time I wear this I get tons of compliments. It may be that it just works well with my skin/chemistry, but I am always surprised when a comment comes my way.
It's spicy, sexy and perfect for winter. Awesome sillage. I bought it on sale at TJMax and I would absolutely buy it again. One of my all time favorites.

goingblonde
goingblonde

I read the reviews and decided to try it.

I am so glad to have found it in a mini, because one "slight' spray and I do not want to even try it a second time.

Even a slight spray gives headache .

msann
msann

The best ever!!!!! Would love to have another fragrance close to this!!!

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Oh how I loved this ambery devine concoction. I miss you my old friend. Everybody needs to experience this wonderful elixir once. Boy was Oldham ever ahead of his time and I mean in a BIG bodacious way . Kudos to Todd !

Aalia
Aalia

I tested my sample, 3 times. Each time, the scent changed some. The first testing the scent was very fruity and very sweet. The second testing the scent became resinous, spicy, and gooey. The woody notes came through. The third testing, the scent was a more gentle feeling, the spicyness was soft, the sweetness not so pronounced. The scent did not last long on my skin, on a hot day. I was waiting so long to test this fellow! I am a bit dissapointed, it's not the extreme being I thought it would be, but likeable and lovely.

allexa27
allexa27

i want it!!!!!
it has something incommon with Volupte by Oscar,it smells very violetlly.Lots of violets i smell in both of them and i love them!:)))))

Moyra
Moyra

This is among my top ten favorite perfumes ever, a miraculously lovely (and potent!)concoction of gourmand, spicy and woodsy scents, with exceptional sillage and tenacious lasting power.
I have gone through at least 10 big bottles of eau de parfum and 15 smaller bottles, and I know why, despite its fabulousness, it never made it "big": the atomizers never work. They will work for the first few sprays, and then never work again, no matter what you do to them.
I have had to laboriously remove the glued on top piece with acetone and pliers and decant them into other perfume containers in order to wear them, and its worth all the bother for the amazing perfume.
Todd Oldham is definitely not discreet "office perfume", indeed, it isn't discreet at all, but it has elicited a ton of compliments from everyone, from little children to older people. If there was one perfume that I have worn in my life that I would consider my "signature", Todd Oldham would be the one.
It makes me sad that it is so very hard to find now, even among online retailers, but I will keep buying any and all I find.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Todd Oldham starts out strong at first, with a big bang of spicy jasmine with its underpinnings of peach and rose. It does calm down to something smelling like Mitsouko's peach and rose accord, however the rose has a grassy-green quality. Feminine to start, but later gives off very masculine lines with its spicy woody patchouli notes.

Quirky, bold and gender-bending.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

This perfume sure does have a lot in common with Angel and Prada. On my skin strangely enough, Todd's perfume is this crazy intense wood scent at first. It smells so 'foresty' if that is even a word. Then some of the gourmand notes kick in. A complex perfume but just so odd.

I think, like Angel in particular, this is a love it or hate it perfume. It's strong, lasts forever, and is one I have received few compliments on but have received several comments regarding the fact that 'someone smells like a Christmas tree in here!". I do like this perfume because it is interesting but this is not one to be worn in close quarters. It's too big of a fragrance for that.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Ahh, Todd Oldham, how I loved thee in the mid-90's! So sorry your lovely gourmand-ness was eclipsed by Angel. Funny how that that heavenly winged creature always manages to steal the show.

Thank goodness I've found a perfume that smells very similar to you and is still available in 2008, though at a more precious price: Prada.

Todd Oldham by Todd Oldham 3.61 out of 5 based on 93 ratings and 32 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Todd Oldham Todd Oldham fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Todd Oldham Todd Oldham, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Todd Oldham by Todd Oldham. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Todd Oldham by Todd Oldham represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.