Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Dead Sexy Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite for women and men

Dead Sexy Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite for women and men
dislike

Dead Sexy is a sexual fragrance of vanilla, exotic woody notes, esp. ebony, and white orchid. The name is the same as the title of erotic thriller from 2000, Dead Sexy Roberta Angelo with Sannon Tweed in main role.

Vanilla Ebony Wood Exotic Woods White Orchid

MV3
Pomme Poivre

Dead Sexy Fragrance Reviews

angiebutterfly
angiebutterfly

I like this fragrance quite a lot. It's very unisex, sexy, mysterious, warm, and pretty. It's dark and smokey and sweet. It kind of reminds me of a sweet flavored cigar. I personally love that kind of scent. It's sexy yet comforting at the same time. I also love that it doesn't turn powdery on me; it's nicely balanced. At first I was admittedly disappointed that the blast of sweet yet boozy vanilla and orchid I received on initial spray is overpowered by the woody notes after about 10 minutes. (Even though I truly adore woody scents.) But they're still there nicely serving as a balancing act for those stronger notes. Very nice! I'm excited to whip this perfume back out for the coming fall and winter. :) I'm sure after that I'll need a new bottle.

ETA: After a few days wearing this perfume again, I must say that I definitely forgot about the lovely leathery impression I get upon first spray. It's intoxicating with the deeper vanilla and orchid. It's the dry down that smells like a flavored cigar. I like this perfume quite a lot. I still find it to be very alluring, but only when intimate because it sits closer to the skin. I will be wearing the heck out of this in the fall especially. It just screams this time of year to me.

Lizardbreath
Lizardbreath

My ultimate comfort fragrance, and not your teen sister's vanilla. There is a rubbery quality that causes my sinuses to constrict when it enters them, but it's kind of like needing a tourniquet to find that real good vein...

It's a cold vanilla, dry and woody...I'm sipping coffee while standing outside my mountain cabin as smoke from the woodstove blows up and over the roof. There is a coziness to the dry down because at some point, someone always notices I'm wearing this and remarks how delicious I smell.

I consider this my sig b/c it's the only one of my perfumes I put on without really thinking about it, wear it without really noticing it, and just assume it's a part of how I always smell.

mszymborski
mszymborski

This was a blind buy based on reviews. I have a very hard time wearing gourmands or anything sweet--something in my chemistry takes it to pure cotton candy and cheap hand lotion. Instead of icing, the smell of the vanilla in this reminds me very much of that warm and sweet-but-bitter taste you get if you ever have tasted vanilla beans straight from the pod. The spiciness and wood make it feel a little bit dirty in a good way. I only get a bit of orchid late, but it is very pleasant on me. I do well in powdery floral. I do wish the 'dirtiness' stuck around a bit longer. While this is simple, it is a complete winner for me.

kittybrmow
kittybrmow

This perfume reminds me a litterbox, the kind with the cedar shavings. This was not a successful blind buy for me.

Kain
Kain

A simple, yet sensual fragrance based and dominated by vanilla.
The vanilla note is semi sweet and creamy and there is a bitter woody note beside it.
When I say woods, do not expect a heavy and sharp woody smell. it's like shadow of the woods casting upon it to give this creamy vanilla a dark and bitter aroma.
There is a soft floral note from orchid beside these two to give the scent more unisex feeling.
This fragrance remind me of "Givenchy Pi" in many ways. ignore the semi fresh start of the Givenchy Pi, dry down and base are really close to this fragrance, plus pinch of floral notes in this one.
Givenchy Pi is creamy benzoin/vanilla with bitter almonds and this is vanilla and woods that both have almost the same feeling!
Projection is above average and longevity is around 5-6 hours on my skin.

یه عطر ساده ولی خوشبو و جذاب بر پایه رایحه وانیل
این عطر با بوی نیمه شیرین و خامه ای مانند وانیل ترکیب با رایحه تلخ چوبها و کمی رایح گل ارکید شروع میشه
رایحه چوبها خیلی قوی و تند و تیز نیستن. فقط در حدی که یه ته بوی مشخص تلخ به عطر بدن و بوی عطرُ شیرین و تلخ کنن
رایحه گل ارکید هم خیلی ملایمه اما به راحتی قابل حس کردنه و حس یونیسکس عطرُ بیشتر میکنه
راستش این عطر بوش منو تا حد زیادی یاد بوی جیوانشی پای میندازه
البته جیوانشی اولش یه مقدار شادابه ولی سریع بوش تغییر میکنه میشه شبیه به این
جیوانشی پای ترکیب بوی بنزوئین و بادام تلخ هست که در مجموع حس و حالی که داره با ترکیب وانیل و چوب این خیلی شبیه هست
فقط این یه بوی ملایم گل بیشتر داره
پخش بوش خوبه و متوسط به بالاست و ماندگاری در حد 5-6 ساعت روی پوست داره

kelli.marie
kelli.marie

Update: too much powder from the orchid. I Just cannot do orchid I have discovered.

What.... Are you kidding me?! <3 <3 <3
Blind purchased this and it has turned out to be incredible for every day.

Opening: first second I got straight alcohol. After about five seconds it turned into a poof of powder and the wood notes started to unfurl for me. I was concerned it was too much powder. ( Had a powder issue over the weekend with Tokyo Milk Dark's Tainted Love... it gave me a MAJOR headache.) Anyways, after about five minutes it became super woody and the spice notes and vanilla began to emerge. This is when I started falling in love. It started to remind me of Gap Om! ( Probably favorite fragrance of all time! Don't judge! ;) ) It is a bit heavy, but I think you can get away with it on a winter/fall day in the office since it seems the sillage is moderate. Now it is starting to become a tiny bit sweet (vanilla and white orchid) but definitely not cloying or too floral.

2+hours: Powder is there put not overpowering--- just enough to keep it clean smelling and the spices and wood are still very prominent. Still Gap Om. Moderate longevity on this one though. Still missing a big chunk of vanilla. Not getting rubber at all. Layered it with the hand cream and lost almost all of the powder which is totally OK with me! Really getting the Om now. This one is a winner!

butterbean
butterbean

This is a nice smoky/woody vanilla.

The vanilla is clean, light and sweet. It is not overly heavy syrupy or overly warm of a vanilla nor is it a caramel-y type of vanilla.

The woodsy smokiness dries off after a few hours and what is left is a sweeter vanilla scent which lasts a good 6 + hrs. To keep the smoke/wood notes -spray onto clothing.

Dead Sexy is a good one. I normally don't go for vanilla scents, but I really like this one. I like the smokey/wood notes, and wished they stuck around longer. It is a simple scent, not too complex at all.

Dead Sexy is a nice layering scent too. I really like it with Al-Rehab Choco Musk!

Is this scent similar to MV3? - similar yes a little bit. Is it a dupe? - no, not at all.

K1
K1

By far this is my best blind buy ever. I'm entirely in woody items and this one is much more and much better than simply woody. It's dark and fresh with a fluffy almond aromatic background. Like the things from far east; exotic and mystic. The odour of woody notes is balanced and not exaggerated.
Shortly: eccentric, sexy, alluring and masculine; I think.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Finally got a chance to sample this...&& believe it or not it was right under my nose in a local South Moon Under store...I said OMG!! I immediately spritzed it on && love it. Beautiful scent! putting my nose to my skin I get the woodsy-ness of the scent the most...but it's the subtle smell off vanilla combined with that that I was catching while I was walking that I loved more, deff. on my haves list now...I think I'll get it next week payday!! 32.50...for a 1oz eh more then I'd like to spend beings that the 1.7oz from the dark collection are only $36...but least I know I'm getting the real stuff rather then being cheaper on Amazon && risk getting fake...this will deff be mine soon! :)

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

NICE. My favorite Tokyo Milk thus far. I like the engagingly woody scent, the skull and crossbones on the back of the bottle and the modest price. Successful all around!

Well...not quite. Longevity isn't great.

(Like Bvlgari Black? Rubbery? Never! Isn't it funny how we all read scents differently?)

It's similar to Bulletproof, minus the coconut & smoke.
Dark vanilla and wood. A pretty straightforward Oriental vanilla type fragrance. Unfortunately my skin magnifies sweet notes so I need smoky/dirty notes like Bulletproof has. Dead Sexy just turns to cotton candy and pencil shavings on me.

imaroo
imaroo

I really don't understand this perfume on me.

Half of the time I wear it it smells almost soapy,is headache inducing, and makes me want to shower it off within half an hour.

But, the other half of the time? It's so warm and sexy. I can't stop sniffing it, up to and including tucking my nose down my blouse to inhale deeply.

I think it must be the wood notes that are confusing me (because frankly I get no vanilla) and maybe I should save it for cold evenings.

The sillage on this seems enormous to me, but my husband says he can't smell it after a couple of hours. I can still smell it after 12 or more hours, which is probably longer than any other perfume I have.

I think I'll hold off on this one until fall and see what I think then.

lauraapadron
lauraapadron

EXACTLY like bvlgari black on me. NOT mv3 (and believe me i wanted it to be like mv3 so bad). i love bvlgari black therefore i love this one :) not as long lasting though but still delish.

mimilli
mimilli

This leaves me speechless. Well, lets try write something down.

First of all, this is very emotional fragrance for me. It will always be the smell of nights at Miami Beach, the endless darkness over the ocean, the wind in the palm trees. As a fragrance it's more suitable for these icy cold northern Europe nights and maybe to be worn with some dark-coloured wool, having a mysterious, intimate evening..

It's an amazing blend of vanilla and woods. I find it to be very, very feminine, I mean in a strong, unique and high-spirited way. I cannot imagine eg my boyfriend to wear it. Depending of the day I sense it differently, sometimes it's more of sweet vanilla, sometimes dark, smoky woods. Every now and then I wish that the woods were a little less loud, because I feel like I was in a carpenter's shop, in really nice and fancy one, but still! It might be the orchid note to give it its nice, feminine side that takes the heaviness off. It's nearly perfect. Sillage and longevity are both better than average. Not superb, but really good. Tho I think that my alpaca scarf absorbs it if I apply it to my neck... And on the scarf it stays nicely, I really like it that way!

All together: I love it. Not a perfume for everyone to like, I think, but I absolutely adore it. And so does my boyfriend to smell it on me ;)

oblivion
oblivion

Very addictive scent!
It opens up a lot like Bvlgari Black, very smocky but much sweeter with the notes of vanilla; not cupcake kind of vanilla but heavy woody vanilla. The drydown is softer and sweeter reminds me of Amor Amor by Cachrel but without citrus.
I am obsessed...

negasarah
negasarah

Dead Sexy to me is a wonderful scent, It didn't carry as well as I had hoped but I'm glad it wasn't super strong either. It has nice layers that make it subtle and sophisticated. It is masculine but I think its a fine balance suitable for a woman who really likes the smell : ) The smell over all reminds me of the holidays in a log cabin, for some reason I always think I smell fir in the mix.

jillywoods
jillywoods

Day 1: Extremely smoky, woody, masculine with a very sexy, dark vanilla dry down. Overall, I thought it was an okay scent for a woman and a DEAD SEXY one for a man.

Day 2 (well... a week later): Lots of dark vanilla swirling with hints of smoke and wood. I'm finding it to be a curious, intoxicating and sexy scent... and definitely unisex, like a cousin to Jean Paul Gualtier's "Classique." It's almost gourmand but it's balanced out by the spicy backdrop.

We'll see if Day 3 has me convinced... but I do like this swirling, changeable characteristic of Dead Sexy that I seem to be picking up.

Kirjk
Kirjk

On my skin it's like.. bicycle tube. Just rubber. With an extreme willpower, there might be a hint of woodiness too. Not my thing, have to give it another chance though. I so want to love this!

Raina
Raina

Very much a woody fragrance. I bought this based on the reviews here thinking this would be more sweet than woody, but it really isn't. It is very much a dry, woody fragrance with a touch of sweet, dark vanilla. It puts me in the mind of camping in a dry wood forest at night with a small, sweet fire burning. If I had to compare it to another fragrance, I would say it reminds of L de Lolita Lempicka without the licorice and with the darker notes amped up to maximum and made more masculine and woody, while the gourmand vanilla is toned down to only an accent note.

The thing about this fragrance that makes it so unisex is that the wood here is rather masculine, while the distant vanilla is feminine. So depending upon your sense of smell it can go either way. Personally, I like to judge a fragrance by it's overall feel, and while the drydown may be just a tad sweeter, the wood dominates throughout the stages of application for me. So this feels more masculine on me.

While this is rather enjoyable, I cannot really see myself wearing it much. I might want a touch of it now and again during the winter or fall season when I'm all wrapped in a sweater and thinking about camping in the woods at night, but it's not something I can see myself wearing during the day. I'm such a girly-girl when it comes to fragrances; I prefer very feminine scents. And while this is very unisex, almost borderline masculine, I find I can enjoy it when I'm in a specific mood.

zapling
zapling

Funny.I am a gourmand scent freak. From all the gourmand-ish samples I have ever tried, this one is by far the most floral. And very heavy as well. I do not see how Dead Sexy could be unisex, really. Far too feminine, maybe even for myself :-)

xstitchalanna
xstitchalanna

This starts out with a blast of woods, not your "pencil shaving" smell but a sharp woody elegance. It stays that way for a while before it starts to dry down to a vanilla muskieness. When I first put it on, it was VERY masculine and the drydown would be wonderful for men or women. I need to try this one more time before I decide whether or not to pass this on. If it feels too masculine (on the top and middle notes) next time I wear it then someone else will get it. It lasted about 8 hours. It is best for Fall/Winter use.
Thank you Dame Piglet for the sample! :)

liavekelsewhere
liavekelsewhere

If you love Dead Sexy, the Bon Bon Shea lotion version is even smokier, a little less sweet, more depth and silage. Who would have guessed. I LOVE the vanilla, caramel, amber, smoky woodsy NOT smoky tobacco. I agree with "smells like a sweet tryst on a wooden table" followed by vanilla. Wondering how it will be on long time male companion. He usually mixes his own essential oil based fragrances but I bet he will try this one.

Silage - 5 hours & counting.
Expense to joy ratio: excellent.

Hollie
Hollie

I love the interesting combinations that Tokyo Milk creates, however I'm not always sure that I like them......on me...that is. I sprayed a dollop of this on my wrist awhile back while visiting a funky import store in Portland's Pearl District. I was instantly in love....I couldn't stop groping my arm for the rest of the day and I'm sure people wondered what my major malfunction was. I swore I had to have it from that day on and months went by while I continued to night and daydream about it. It very much reminded me of MAC MV3 ( which I a.d.o.r.e.) I did indeed receive a bottle several months later for my birthday and strangely AND sadly it did not smell as I remembered. I still like it but it smells SO much sweeter to me than I remember....sickly sweet. Cloyingly sweet like cherry tobacco and marshmallows sweet. I don't get very much of the wood and smokiness that I remember from that first encounter and that I loved SO much. Personally I don't smell vanilla, I smell caramel and amber and I smell not a wink of floral. It does last for several hours on my skin and seems to keep it's strength. Not sure I would purchase another bottle when this one's empty but it's interesting for sure.

dame piglet
dame piglet

Opens super woody and peppery on me. As it dries, the woody pepper continues and a slight smoke and very, very, very faint vanilla develops. No trace of anything remotely floral develops on my skin.

I'd really love to smell this on a man and I suspect it could be very sensual on a female with different chemistry from mine.

It's an interesting little fragrance, but it's not 'me'.

aelias
aelias

Fantastic. Orchid and woods are a match made in heaven. This is totally feminine and perfect for day or night wear. I don't see how anyone looking for a sweet scent that is built on a woodsy base could dislike this one. So far I am a big fan of this brand.

booandgagamomma
booandgagamomma

Heavy. Like quicksand heavy. Way to masculine for me as well. I used to manage a boutique where we sold TM and we couldnt keep this one on the shelves. The few times I had the chance to try it I was quite confused with the mania it caused. It reminded me of a seedy back alley bar thick with smoke. But to each their own. Like other TM frags it could develop into something so different and beautiful on someone else.

tsth
tsth

How come nobody is mentioning that this smells like a good feminine version of Bulgari's Black? I will be ordering a fb of this...just a tad more perfect than Black for me....I'll let dh keep Black and I'll adore this one!

MeganElizabeth
MeganElizabeth

I got a full bottle of this the other day, and wore it for the first time today.
I have to say, I wasn't sure at first what to think, but after a while, it started to smell bait like my beloved Chergui by SL.
A weaker version, yes, a more office appropriate one, definitely.
I've got to say, this very well might end up in my top 10 rotation.

krissycat
krissycat

I get too much of a rubber smell with this one. I'm going to give this one to one of my friends. The scent does eventually turn into a lovely vanilla scent but I don't have the patience to wait for it.

lychee_tea
lychee_tea

I'm normally a light-floral kind of person, but this caught my attention in the store so I took a chance on it.
At first all I could smell was the wood notes, and they had a bit of a bite to them that I found interesting but not my cup of tea, so I was going to pass on it. But before I even left the store the fragrance softened up a little bit and the vanilla came through, which gives the woods a soft, warm, smoky-sweet kind of quality that's actually very nice. It does have a rubber element to it, but not in a bad way, and again it's tied to the vanilla which keeps it from being too harsh.
And it is sexy, in a warm-mischievous-inside-joke kind of way. Tea at midnight in our bathrobes with liberal sprinklings of sly smiles kind of sexy. But I also find it just comforting. I actually wore it to bed the first night I had it.
Overall I probably won't wear it often because it's not my normal type, but it's an interesting scent and I'm glad I bought it. Ordered a couple of other Tokyo Milk fragrances and I'm looking forward to them.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

The smell of a sweet tryst on a heavy wooden table! Wait--did I say tryst? I meant meant shy flirtation touching hands briefly while drinking steamed milk with vanilla...The vanilla is sweet, but not heavy-toasted. The ebony note is fantastic! While Wish by Lollia was so sweet I had to scrub immediately, the sweetness of this one is perfect for the composition. On the top of my wishlist you go, Dead Sexy!

Carnelian
Carnelian

Dead Sexy begins with a sharp resin ("bug spray") smell and heavier woods which fade fairly quickly, soon leaving a nice, spicy, vanilla-sweet, and smoky woods. This is one of my faves, it has a nice, strong personality and is great for fall & winter. It could definitely be worn by a man as well. I don't get much floral - they just peek through a touch a couple of hours into wear, the woods really cover them up. It is almost identical to "Pomme Poivre" from M.E.'s Love + Toast line - odd to copy yourself. This is definitely better, it's a little more potent. Is is also similar to Sage Oil's "Onyx" which has VERY heavy moss & woods, vanilla & tobacco (although not this is not as sweet and has no coconut.)

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Got my bottle today. This smells good! At first I am blasted by woods, but I like woods in a scent. The only perfume I hated was Issey Miyake L'Fue or whatever. It was TOOOO woodsy. Anyway, a few minutes go by and finally the sweet vanilla rolls out slowly, like a perfect curl of cigarette smoke rising slowly. I am really liking this!!

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

Definitely a cool fragrance. Rubber? Yes indeedy. A slight whiff of new plimsols, tempered by a deep but shy salty, sexy vanilla musk base, the whole thing is rounded off beautifully by a soft, velvetty wood binder which holds the whole thing into it's delicate shape. Yes, its delicate, in the same way as a woman's bedsheets hold the scent memory of what happened two nights ago...it IS sexy, its a memory jogger. If I were twenty years younger, I would REALLY love it, but I'm not, so all I can say is, Nice, Young, You could do worse.

Woody resin and spices. It's very nice, and has excellent strong wood notes, but it lacks something to be considered quite as sexy as it wants to be. Still, with another name, it would still be fabulous. It's a wood/spice fragrance with a dark tint and feels perhaps more mysterious than sexy. I like it quite a bit for its true wood notes and the blend is seamless and smooth. Very well crafted for such an affordable fragrance and suited to man or woman.

andy
andy

had the honor to smell this in a store and i gotto say its really nice smelling but not that much diffrent from many oriental scents, but the florals are well done

triplex
triplex

Not as woody as I was hoping for.Very much vanilla in the opening. A bit nutty and almost caramely middle. The orchid gives it a asian/oriental feel.
Dead sexy? no.
A good semi-sexy oriental? Yes.

guest_Melliebay
guest_Melliebay

I wear this daily and my boyfriend cannot get enough of it. As a female, I feel like it's kind of a heavy, exotic scent, but he LOVES it. Calls it the "Mel smell" and the great part is that it's not a typical department store fragrance, so it's more of a signature scent, not something you are likely to smell on many other people.

BethAshley
BethAshley

The only thing I love about this fragrance is the name packaging.

Other than that is is a straightforward vanilla/woodsy fragrance. It doesn't smell bad by any means but it does not feel special in any way. If you are looking for a higher end version of this I would recommend Givenchy PI for men.

lollialover
lollialover

I agree with you, if you like this fragrance try le petite , Dead sexy's notes change with time, and different notes are enhanced with time.

rebella
rebella

Yes, this is actually quite sexy. Warm, powdery and exotic. Earthy and incensy aromas lingers around for a long time. Remind me of Nature Millenaire from Yves Rocher, wich was one of my favourites for some time. Very much worth the money and if you feel the slightest for sexy, oriental and still very soft perfumes you should absolutly give this one a try.

I really like this one and I find it suitable to wear for a lot of different occasions. I could go for a big bottle of it.

Dead Sexy by Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite 4.10 out of 5 based on 175 ratings and 41 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite Dead Sexy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite Dead Sexy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Dead Sexy by Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Dead Sexy by Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.