Designers » T-Z » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Let Them Eat Cake Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite for women and men
dislike

coconut
tropical

Let Them Eat Cake by Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. Let Them Eat Cake was launched in 2008. The fragrance features sugar cane, coconut milk, vanilla orchid and white musk.

Sugar Cane Coconut Milk Vanilla orchid White Musk

Warm Vanilla Sugar
Dark Vanilla
Taste
Vanille Extreme Eau de Toilette

Let Them Eat Cake Fragrance Reviews

staleywise
staleywise

I only bought the hand cream and it was lovely, not overpowering. It evokes thoughts of 'cake' because of the coconut. You can catch a whiff of white musk which isn't really a favorite smell of mine but with this it's nice and soft. I like it.

koalaindisguise
koalaindisguise

First sprayed on my skin, I actually got a smell that is akin to a sort of powder. It was sweet and light, but not quite in a satisfying way, so I wrote it off. However, the dry down is really wholesome and cozy...it smells more like a baked dessert and not just the powdered sugar you'd sprinkle on top. I can see why people compare this to Warm Vanilla Sugar, though the musk in this isn't nearly as strong...more of an undertone than a main facet of the scent. Either way, next time I go back to the shop this was in, I absolutely plan on buying it for the dry down.

eh-MEE-lee-eh
eh-MEE-lee-eh

I sampled this at a shop, and decided to buy the hand lotion because it was a bit cheaper and I've been looking for a good hand lotion for some time. The formula for their hand lotions is wonderful, very light and non greasy yet moisturizing. It doesn't cause the skin to drag the way that some lotions can. The scent in the lotion and the perfume are identical. That being said, I'm lusting after the perfume so much right now!
If you're a lover of gourmand scents but find some of them to be a little bit too sweet or cloying this might be a nice choice for you. I can't review about longevity of the perfume because I don't own it but I can say that the village is about an arms length maybe. My grandma was walking next to me and commented on it.
As for a description of the scent, I don't really get coconut at all. To me it doesn't really smell like cooked cake or even cake batter.
To me this smells like meringue. Or rather it smells like the moment when you're whipping together the egg whites and vanilla extract. To my nose it doesn't have the sugary element added yet. I like that about it! It's definitely one of my new favorites.

UPDATE: I just ordered it directly from their website (instead of the boutique where I got) and I'm thinking now that the perfumes they had there had perhaps been sitting out for quite some time? I say this because my new bottle has some top notes (while only present for a short time) that I did not detect when I sprayed the perfume in the store. I notice now the floral notes that others were talking about in this fragrance, the coconut is also more prominent to my nose. It still smells wonderful, however I do notice that it's different than the bottle I tested in store. I still stand by my review that I don't detect too much sugary notes, and that the eggy smell I loved so much still remains. In fact, the mid notes (which are basically the rest of the scent) smell identical to the lotion and to the bottle I smelled in store. Wonderful!

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

This is not quite the smell of cake. It is sweet and nice, but with a bit of a Johnson's Baby lotion smell to it mixed with cake batter. I like it, and may purchase it again, but I will go in knowing that it is not a true cake scent...albeit a nice gourmand regardless.

sleepy*weasel
sleepy*weasel

Sweet, but the range differs; for instance the scent isn't very much like cake, but the lotion is - the lotion smells exactly like spreading boozy cake mix on yourself. Definite booze notes. The scent is less cake batter and more sugary-coconut-vanilla. I felt like smelling sweet & foody today, so I used the lotion and scent together, which definitely improves the whole thing. The scent dries down to a sweet vanilla musk. The lotion is good quality, and particularly nice as a hand cream at night x

9154mf
9154mf

Very sweet and you can smell all the notes but I just don't think these fragrances are the best quality, they drydown to a skin scent very fast and aren't compliment getters. I love sweet gourmands but my nose tires of these TokyoMilks very quickly.

A perfume-y vanilla that manages to smell like real extract, but with other notes to keep it from being too gourmand. In the final dry down it smelled like Vanilla-scented french milled soap on me which was rather fabulous, but not what I expected. Still, a fun ride while it lasted. Too bad my husband didn't like it at all.

Cake10
Cake10

This isn't a coconut smell to my nose. It also isn't a baked goods smell, definitely not cake.

I smell lots and lots of sugar most of all. Under that I smell floral and musk. This is more perfumey to me than edible. It's the kind of fragrance that makes people say "You smell good!!!!" rather than "Mmm, you smell like cake!".

I liked wearing this perfume when I was a waitress. It made me feel put together. I like gourmand scents and that's what prompted me to sniff this in the store. I was surprised and liked what I smelled!

This is a grown up sweet fragrance. It's got a more sophisticated edge than say Pink Sugar and doesn't have that warm, cozy feel, but it is pretty.

It seems that this would be appreciated by those who generally go for the more commercial, perfumey kind of scents but maybe aren't that into food scents and people who like gourmand scents but aren't that into things with the typical department store perfume vibe. It's a happy medium.

I have to be in the right mood to wear this, but when I am, I love it. Strange name though. It's nothing like cake!

zenbabylove
zenbabylove

It's definitely in the same family as Warm Vanilla Sugar,but even more like CSP Vanille Extreme.

It's sweet,creamy and smells like cake but it isn't too sweet.It's not plain vanilla,it's more complex in the beginning and it's a bit spicy in the dry down.

The bottle is really cute too.

Tea4Too
Tea4Too

Well, I got this (blind buy) because I love sweet creamy gourmands and I love Marie Antoinette. Now I know she didn't actually say 'Let them eat cake' but all the same I like the connection, I have the Tokyo Milk cosmetic bag with Marie Antoinette on the front too. On to the fragrance itself....it's lovely, certainly a gourmand with sugar and vanilla in glorious abundance. The vanilla reminds me of The Body Shop's Vanilla perfume oil and the white musk in this is also detectable on me and reminds me of The Body Shop's White Musk perfume oil. I get no coconut as yet but I live in hope. I suppose it's just that there are so many other more interesting gourmands out there that this leaves me a little underwhelmed. For all that, it is an enjoyable scent and the vanilla smells like it is of very high quality, this may be good for layering with other heavier fragrances to lend a sweeter edge.

this is a vanilla coconut powdery scent. not heavy or cloying, just sweet and comforting. I get around 4+ hrs while wearing this and it has pretty good projection. I think it's lovely and I enjoy wearing this now that the weather is cooler. this ones a compliment getter for me. I love the Tokyo milk line and can't wait to collect more of their scents. I haven't been disappointed yet with the ones I've tried.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Yep, it goes on smelling like cake and dries down to a mild coconut scent. You only get this for about an hour or so, then it's gone.

I'm not a fan of sweet gourmand scents, and this one doesn't make a believer out of me.

imaroo
imaroo

it smelled exactly like Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar. I got no coconut from this, and no musk. I was disappointed because I hoped the scent would have more depth to it.

Chocobaby
Chocobaby

A decadent coconutty cake at first spray. It quickly mellows to a warm vanilla, and that's all I got. Vanilla.

DesiredEpiphany
DesiredEpiphany

I was dying to try this scent. I tend to love scents that have a soft musk almost like you aren't wearing perfume but you smell sooo good. This perfume did the trick. It leaves a faint trail not too overpowering light and ladylike. I can tell my bottle is not going to last very long I think I'm in Love!

KajiraSuzanne
KajiraSuzanne

Years ago I bought a fragrance oil in a specialty shop, which was supposed to smell like cake batter. I was disappointed because I realized it was too vanilla and I would have preferred a coconut cake scent(even though it was fun to wear). Well, here it is, coconut cake and macaroons!
This scent is delightful, and lasts remarkably long, although oddly the sillage is not very powerful.
I do want this scent as it is certainly something different for daytime, and not too childlike either.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This smells like coconut macaroons (the kind we eat in the U.S. which is coconut baked with lots of egg whites and sugar and vanilla into gooey clusters). Not unpleasant but I really do not want to smell like food so this sample will be re-homed with a friend who loves coconut.

srimati
srimati

I like it but found it to be not so unique. There are lots of vanille-gourmands out here. I'm a fan of Tokyo Milk but I like Demeter's Sugar Cookie over this one.

Nirhtuc
Nirhtuc

I have one suggestion for vanilla lovers: layer this with Body Shop Vanilla perfume oil (preferably the original version if you can get that) and you will smell divine! My younger sister was wearing this combination and she got compliments left and right!

AveParfum
AveParfum

This is really the perfect coconut cake. It's everything I expected, except the bonus is that it's not as cloying as I thought it had the potential to be. it's soft and sweet, very yummy, and despite the coconut, the scent is not tropical. Love it.

LNSklnjr
LNSklnjr

This is everything I was hoping BBW warm vanilla sugar edt would be. However, while BBW let me down, Tokyo Milk delivered. I love sugary, sweet, vanilla, gourmand scents, they just "work" for me and the bf adores them. If you enjoy foody scents - you must try this!

nmyrol
nmyrol

Kateyc.......i just bought a bottle of this and i went to the website Apothica.com and they had this brand there to purchase. Hope this helps in your search :)

kateyc
kateyc

I love this perfume as a fan of vanilla and coconut. People always compliment me when I wear it as it's not too overpowering. I've run out though (the bottles are too small!) and the vintage shop which stocked it has now stopped =( Anyone know where you can buy it online? It's not anywhere I've found at the moment. Boo.

sofiii
sofiii

Let them Eat Cake is quite close to a real life situation,
“Let them eat cake” mum said, while finishing put on one of those milk body lotion for baby, which doesn’t really smell like milk, and instead, it smells more like milky, creamy, buttery vanilla plus some milky, creamy, buttery floral scent.
In the kitchen, you can see two highchairs and two cute babies around 3, 4 years old, making noises, and a mass on the table—crayons, gooey pasty stuff everywhere, crumbs from biscuits…
And dad is trying to find something to make the kids entertained for a while, so he can enjoy the morning News.

Let them Eat Cake is a lovely scent, as a vanilla craver and a deserts/carbs lover in real life, I should love this one; but unfortunately my craving for Let Them Eat Cake ended when the perfume hit its middle phase, because it changed from a creamy floral sweet buttery cake smell to something heavier on the creamy buttery-floral side, which unfortunately reminds me a lot of one of Johnson & Johnson body lotion, in a light purple bottle, something called Moonflower. That supposed to be a dreamy body lotion, but I couldn’t stand it as it was quite buttery in a way and I find it really clingingly and somewhat takes up all my mental space. :-S It feels as if I was in a typical scene when little kids are really demanding/noisy and the parents were trying to get ready for work etc., “how cute everything is” will soon become “errrrr…I don’t think I want to be in it”. Maybe because I’m a vegan most of the time, and occasionally a vegetarian, by choice and doesn’t like overly buttery animal-y food, the buttery smell here doesn’t work for me, and, makes me feel stressful and nervous.

The dry down is slightly less creamy, but still over the silky-floral-creaminess I can take. Unfortunately, the cake-ish smell like Vanilla Cake Batter is what works in my case, and bye bye Let Them Eat Cake.

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

Warm, sweet, coconut milky goodness like grandma's biko (filipino coconut rice cake with caramel topping). Love that they didn't go overboard with vanilla which for me brings its sophistication up a notch in a sea of cloying pastry concoctions. I sometimes layer LTEC with Demeter Lychee or Chloe; its simplicity makes pairing seem endless. I adore coconut so its like creating a signature out of anything!

krissycat
krissycat

This is my favorite from Tokyo Milk. Smells very much like Bath and Body Vanilla Sugar which is very sweet and pleasant.

cloyd42
cloyd42

A surprisingly literal perfume from Tokyo Milk. Normally their scent names are evocative or odd inside jokes but this one smells like (wait for it) cake. If you're familiar with the various ice creams and soaps called "birthday cake" this is precisely what this scent smells of: vanilla, carmelly sugar, butter(?) and a touch of nutmeg for a mild soapy note. Pleasant, fun, utterly unsophisticated but soothing on a bad day.

cmmarti3
cmmarti3

This is like a light angel food cake to me. It is definitely not sugary like Pink Sugar (thankfully) but it is sweet. It's just very subtle, and a little darker (think adding an extra teaspoon of vanilla extract to the angel food cake batter). I see the comparison to L de Lolita but Let them Eat Cake doesn't smell so strongly of cinnamon. It's subtle, light, and appropriate for summer or winter, in my opinion. But never mind the "unisex" Fragrantica rating. Your husband won't want to wear this one :)

midsummer
midsummer

Over-the-top sugar rush. Like white cake with buttercream on top. If that's your thing, then great! Just not my style.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

It smells a lot like macaroons. Its rather lovely, last brilliantly on fabric, but not so well on skin. E Coudray Vanille Et Coco does it so much better. I did find a lovely use for it, one squirt of this, and one of Cherry Bomb and you smell like an ambulating cherry bakewell, which I am reliably informed is the second most alluring scent to men, after that of a bacon sandwich. The bottles are works of art in themselves. A word to the wise, if you live outside the US, don't order Tokyo Milk Products with your credit card. Whilst very quick to take payment, the company fails to mention they do not ship outside US. Until you ask. Then you have your work cut out trying to get your refund. Shame on You Tokyo Milk, for that alone, you lost a customer.

Cherub573
Cherub573

I agree that it strongly resembles Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath & Body Works. Vanilla with a touch of coconut and a musky base. It's nice and sweet. It lasted 3-4 hours on me.

triplex
triplex

If you are a fan of B&B Warm vanilla sugar and L de Lempicka you have to try this one. It´s a really nice vanilla fragrance with a lot of warmth and sweetness to it. The lasting power could be better though. I don´t get much of the coconut.Just a hint. But the drydown is a lovely musky vanilla with a little less sweetness than the beginning

Sterling Maiden
Sterling Maiden

I recently ordered several of Tokyo Milk scents to try and this was one of them. Coconut is one of my favorite smells, along with vanilla, so this was one I was looking forward to trying.

It is nice, not unlike Comptoir Sud Pacifique's Coco Vanille, but less synthetic. A little deeper and more mysterious.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite Let Them Eat Cake fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite Let Them Eat Cake, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Let Them Eat Cake by Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Let Them Eat Cake by Tokyo Milk Parfumarie Curiosite represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.