Designers » T-Z » Woody Chypre « Groups

dislike

Private Blend Arabian Wood was launched in autumn 2008 for Kuwait market exclusively. Its presentation started in 2009 Galeries Lafayette, with two other fragrances of this house: Private Blend Champaca Absolute, and Private Blend Italian Cypress. Private Blend Arabian Wood belongs to luxurious collection Private Blend. It is composed as a mixture of woody notes with a clear chypre accord.

Woodsy Notes Bulgarian Rose Freesia Orange Blossom Bergamot May Rose Ylang-Ylang Jasmine Gardenia Orris Honey Patchouli Cedar Oakmoss Sandalwood Tonka Bean Amber Galbanum Lavender

Sahraa Oud
1881 Men

Arabian Wood Fragrance Reviews

Meloxy
Meloxy

Arabian wood was very distinctive and sensual. Not sure why the TF house discontinued it.

Dellpower
Dellpower

I have a 1.7 oz for swap or sell

EnchantedandDecanted
EnchantedandDecanted

I consider Tom Ford Arabian Wood to be the best kept secret from the entire Private Blend line. I always overlooked it because I figured it was an Oud based fragrance among the masses. That is what I get for stereotyping based off of the name.

I am going to say the following in all caps: THIS FRAGRANCE IS MY MOST COMPLIMENTED FRAGRANCE FROM TOM FORD.

Let the above statement set in for a second. I own pretty much everything in the line. I get more compliments from Arabian Wood than I do with Tobacco Vanille, Oud Wood, Tuscan Leather, Neroli Portofino, so on and so forth.

You might be asking; what makes this fragrance so special? I think it has to do with the fact that it smells so clean. But it isn't a safe clean. This has a woodsy vibe combined with a soapy like clean. There are floral and aromatic qualities that keep this from being boring.

Warning: Do not let your Arabian Wood bottles get too hot. I have a closet in my upstairs that gets warm during the summer months. I keep 2 bottles in storage up there. They actually got sour. This is a dark closet, so it had to be the heat and not direct light. Kind of scary. My two bottles lost the extra powerdy soap opening and have a more woodsy vibe that is kind of sour. It still smells good, but kind of lost the first 30min-1hour that I liked so much (sad sad sad).

I rarely do this, but I'm giving Arabian Wood a 10/10

Desertmirage93
Desertmirage93

@Mikemuscles21: If you're curious about this concoction, I can give you a general idea of what this smells like. I had a 10ml decant of this and quite liked it and really never got around to purchasing it, don't know why, but after numerous wearings I finally placed my finger on what this reminded me of...

Take Yves Saint Laurent's Kouros in vintage form, remove the Civet and add a very soapy/powdery floral heart, brighten it up a tad and you're about right there. I was actually kinda shocked that Arabian Wood so closely resembled vintage Kouros, in fact, the more that I think about it and as I'm writing this, Arabian Wood strongly resembles the most current version Kouros from L' Oreal which is soapy and slightly floral. If you like Kouros, you'll definitely like this, I did while it lasted. As far as the name goes, I really wouldn't categorize this as 'Arabian' or being woody, it is a soapy and 'fresh' perfume. Also, I clearly remember the sillage and longevity being stellar, hope that helps you. Warmest Regards...

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

What made this one interesting to me was that that Tom Ford collaborated with the Sheikh Majed Al Sabah who essentially helped him blend and create the recipe.

I unusually and sadly never had the opportunity to try it (that I can remember), even though I have tried most everything else in the line. Yet I was always curious about this one.

landshark321
landshark321

Tom Ford Arabian Wood is another discontinued Private Blend offering that I was particularly curious about and it's a lovely scent, a woody floral with the lipstick/cosmetics note that resonates so strongly in both Chanel Coromandel and Dior Homme Intense. I enjoy it a lot in Arabian Wood much like I do in Coromandel (not so much in DHI), as it is both a bright floral and a dark floral at the same time, both feminine and unisex, definitely not purely masculine. Another enjoyable aspect is the lavender, which helps keep it somewhat fresh.

Certainly the name is misleading, as one might expect an incense/oud/woods mix, but this is certainly something much prettier, more year round-friendly, and decidedly more unisex.

Performance is strong, fitting the Tom Ford Private Blend standard of a heavy sillage and great longevity.

A nice find, and actually rather moderately priced on the secondary market.

8 out of 10

nordhaul
nordhaul

I got this based on everyone saying that as
a unisex this perfume leans toward femme.

Unfortunately I'm finding the complete opposite
to be true so far!!! I haven't worn it but only did
a decant into this light pink polka dot atomizer I
got for traveling purposes, and now I'm smelling
some of the spillage onto my fingers and it is def
MASC and nauseating - extremely strong. In fact
I decanted it into this specific atomizer since from
the (original) bottle it did smell GOOD. Smelled
flowery and femme like the reviews are saying...
and fitting for a pink theme atomizer. Well now!!!

Idk if it's because it's mixing with this incense I'm
burning and/or another perfume that I have on so,
plan to revisit. Only downer is upon smelling from
the atomizer now it smells like the latter! ...Peace...

Deefit
Deefit

@gray09; Actually, 'chez' means 'at'.

gray09
gray09

@TheTomFordEnthusiast. Chez in French doesn't mean house, cottage, etc. Chez Bond = House of Bond! Not a house! lol A bad or maybe dole example of perfume names not describing anything about the scent. But I agree, I would like the name of a fragrance to give some indication of what it smells like. For example, so many fragrances with oud in the title, contain no oud at all....What's that about? This is a powdery soapy lavender, influenced with some woody scent, it doesn't conger images of the rich exotic Arabian perfumes and oils I have smelled. I am no expert but the names of fragrances should not be misleading. Guess it should have been discontinued! I do love so many of the other TF Private Blends with names that DO give an insight to the scent.

DR521
DR521

There's more than a nod to vintage Chanel No 19 EDT here. It's an homage with a similar start and then it becomes a lighter galbanum floral. I actually compared it to vintage 80s Chanel 19 parfum and was wowed by the similarity. I also have vintage EDT which is stronger and more aldehydic than this, but a close relative. The Arabian Wood is even similar in feel in the late dry down, it's lighter and more floral where the 19 stays a screaming bright green. Glad to know Tom Ford appreciates the vintage classics!

nathalie_soleil
nathalie_soleil

What a beauty! I am so in love with this one! This is a beautiful floral perfume sligthly soapy and woody that has nothing to do with its name. No oud or no incense as the name could suggest.

I can smell the rose and the white flowers as well as some wood but all that soften by a little sweetness brought by the honey. Perfect balance for me!

In my opionion, this perfume very feminine and quite soft for a Tom Ford. I consider it as a Floral Chypre appropriate for any occasion that would not be disturbing to anybody. Too bad it has been discontinued! I will cherish my bottle!

mabelcruet
mabelcruet

Him indoors brought this back from a business trip a while ago and barely used it. I always loved the smell on him on the rare occasions he wore it, so it seems to have somehow snuck it's way into my perfume cupboard (ahem...). For some reason, he prefers more crisp citrus fragrances, but I think this is simply gorgeous. I'm very hit and miss with Tom Ford but this is a definite hit. Although it is technically for men, I think that with the floral top notes it also works on women (but probably not if you favour sweet gourmands or fruity scents). It's not mountain man chest-beatingly manly, its smooth and rounded and deep toned; this is confident intelligent man in the prime of his life fragrance to me (as a woman).

The first note for me was a rich rose with bergamot. This rapidly dried down to lavender and woody notes. I must be immune to mint because I can rarely pick it up in anything. It is soapy, and I can't work out what is giving the distinct soapiness, far stronger than in any female fragrance, but its a lovely clean note-not crisp like citrus, but fresh and clean smelling. Longevity-usually about 6 hours on skin, but far longer on clothing. SIllage-moderate. This is a winter time fragrance, warm and inviting, snuggling up in front of the fire.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Wonderful soapy scent with a naturalness that keeps it from coming off synthetic. I wouldn't call it overly feminine but I can see how some might think of it more on the femme side as it is a very well rounded scent. No sharpness or harsh notes to speak of. That said, it is also strong so it's not for the faint of heart but it sure will make you weak in the knees.

Sillage 8/10
Longevity 10/10
Smell 9/10

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

I recently bought the 4ml off ebay. When I got it and spray it on my skin first impression its more like a women scent to me. But it says men and women.It got alot of flowery notes in this one. Kind of feminine at first but when it dries down thats were the magic begins. It reminds me of walking through baths and beyond where they selling those candle and all kind of fragrance for use around the house. Its not the best of tom ford fragrance on private line but definitely something new to me. Im glad i got the sample of this because i probably wouldnt buy it again because feels like a women fragrance. Its a great smell but not enjoyable for me. Ill pass to this one.

TheTomFordEnthusiast
TheTomFordEnthusiast

In all honestly, I don't see why everyone calls this fragrance "feminine". I see this as a masculine fragrance, yet it has something special about it where it can be unisex. I love this fragrance, as I do some of the other Private Blends, but this one really stands out from the rest. along with Oud Wood, White Suede, and maybe Noir de Noir. Its a very sophisticated fragrance, and while it may not be very "Arabian"... who cares? As long as it smells good and somewhat "Arabian" why should the name matter? I mean Bond No. 9's "Chez Bond" doesn't smell like a Chez (house, cottage, etc.) so does it really matter if Arabian Wood smells Arabian? All in all, I really like this fragrance. Its definitely not an everyday kind of scent, but for the right occasion, Arabian Wood is a great choice.

Michael1962

Arabian Wood doesn't conjure up any vivid or even vague images of a dry perfume laden with rich oriental spices including cinnamon,cardamon or even oud.
One would assume a perfume with such a title would smell a lot drier and spicier that what it actually is.
For mine its more a woody forest scent,with a healthy dose of cedar,oakmoss and lavender.Quite a lot of lavender in fact and similar to Creeds Bois Du Portugal.
They could even be first cousins.Cannot detect any rose or orange blossom.I cant seperate the forest for the trees!
It may smell differently on my skin in cooler months.
Not my favourite Tom Ford but none the less an interesting composition made with his usual attention to detail.

Houdini4,

My friend,you would be interested to know that Arabian Wood has been discontinued.I found out today when purchasing Noir De Noir,from my salesgirl Sarah at the TF counter.
The David Jones store I frequent had run out and were not getting a stock replenishment.

I'm not going to criticize Tom Ford (or Fraud) for this this creation due to it's name. I'm no Arab but I don't think it's takes one to tell that the note breakdown at least is not evocative enough of Arabian purfume...one would think.
Yes we all think of Oud and Incense but are they really such authentic Arabic ingredients? What's wrong or not authentic about Oakmoss, Rose, sandalwood?
I really don't know? Like I said I'm no expert so I will give Tom Ford the benefit of the doubt on this one. Anybody else who's not an expert should too!

The more pertinent problem I have with Arabian Wood is that I simply don't like it all that much. I get Cedar, oakmoss a hint of rose and just lots of masculine woods.
This fragrance is nothing special at all and to me is very ordinary male oriented and a real let down for the private blend.

Hélio Sérgio Rocha
Hélio Sérgio Rocha

When i read "Arabian Wood" i expected something with depth and intense, so powerful and different from the other private blend scents...

But here i do not get anything as "arabian", and little little bit of woods (simple woody accord, nothing at all);

I had o bottle of this one and i can say it's too much simple for what we pay.

The notes are mixed all together, we do not see a good evolution during time and everything seems like a mess.

We can only detect woody-mossy accord, a little bit sweety and some flowery notes that i can not say they're roses or whatsoever (cause everything is mixed at once). I can say lavender is the only note that works great here.

Sorry.

talnyc

Update to my original post...I was at the Saks Tom Ford counter as I thought they were also carrying the new Tom Ford fragrances, but only Bergdorf is in NYC. Anyway, I noticed that they were missing the Arabian Wood fragrance and they indicated that it was discontinued in June. I freaked out as they were sold out of the fragrance due to loyal fans who hoarded the scent upon learning of this decision.

They were nice enough to call Bloomingdales as they just started to carry the Tom Ford line at the 59th St. store last month or thereabouts.

I bought the last one that they had. So if you really love this scent, please go out and buy it before it is gone for good.

Maybe if enough people complain, Tom Ford will bring it back. I am not sure why this site did not inform us, but in the USA, this scent has been discontinued. :(

jtd
jtd

Arabian? This smells Arabian in the manner of a Penhaligon's fragrance, that is to say, British.

First and foremost, can we dispense with “Arabian” unless we’re referring to horses or history? I assume Tom Ford uses the word because it’s Fashion Fantastical. Ariabian, you know, like A Thousand and One Nights. It’s the orientalism of early 20th century perfumery all over again. Stale, offensive exoticism. Also, the imagery and allusion is just cheesy. Makes the line seem like a spin on The House of Creed. Replace the tassels and epaulets with glossy pseudo-mod and you still have the same thing: hot air and cuff links.

The perfume is nice, though. I can't say that I smell lavender per se, but I do smell the soapy, herb-on-hay sweetness of a fougere. At the same time there is a dry bitter green angle, like a tight-assed chypre. Maybe galbanum dressed up as lavender and took its place in the fougere. This tinderbox-dry woodiness balances the moist feel of the fougere, but in the end the fougere wins, and a fairly dark, minor chord similar to that of Rive Gauche pour Homme's basenotes lasts until you wash it off.

Arabian Wood is a fine old-school barbershop fougere. Simplicity is a virtue in the classic aromatic fougere. Messing around too much with the basic formula diminishes the stride of the old boy. Ford have added enough to make it stand on its own, but haven’t muddied the waters. The name is a bit of misdirection, but the perfume is straightforward and handsome in a classic, soapy, manly fashion. Women, give it a try.

from scenthurdle.com

وأحب أن أضيف أن العطر لا علاقة له من قريب أو بعيد بعطر سيروتي 1881
العنصر الوحيد المشترك بينهما هو
أن الاثنين داخل زجاجة عطرية يعلوها أوتومايزر

عطر الأخشاب العربية من توم فورد للرجال والنساء
أولا أحب أن أقدم اعتذاري لهذا العطر الأكثر من رائع، وذلك لأنني يوما ترددت في شراءه وتجربته لأنني صدقت كلاما كتب عنه مفاده أنه عطر قديم وعواجيزي وبلا ابداع
أولا العطر عصري جدا لأبعد الحدود، وليس كون العطر خشبي أو حتى عودي أن يقال أن العطر لا يصلح للشباب، فهذا الكلام برمته بعد طول تجربة أصبحت أراه بلا وجود حقيقي.
فالأذواق دائما متباينة لا يحكمها سن أو فئة عمرية.
نرجع للعطر.. العطر باختصار شديد هو مثال رائع لمن يريد أن يعرف ماهية عطور التشيبر الخشبية وأزيد عليها الزهرية أيضا.
وهذه سمة هذا العطر الفريدة، فالعطور التشيبر قد تصنف أنها (تشيبر - أو تشيبر خشبي - أو تشيبر زهري)
أما هذا العطر تحديدا فلا أرض له إلا بهذا التصنيف الجديد (تشيبر خشبي زهري)
لجمال العطر عنوان.. هو أن يشدك من أول رشة.
فجمال العطر لا ينبغي أن تبحث عنه، بل هو الذي يجب أن يفصح عن نفسه لك أولا.
العطر لا أرى له نوتات متعاقبة (افتتاحية – قلب – قاعدة) على الرغم من كونه يحوي العديد من المكونات
ولكنها مكونات متناغمة صعودا وهبوطا سوى (الورد والأخشاب) فهما أصحاب اليد العليا في العطر من أول العطر لآخره.
فالعطر باختصار (ورد + أخشاب) مرة يصعد معهم بقية الورود كالياسمين والجاردينا واليالنج فيصبح مبهج جدا.
ومرة اللافندر والسنديان والبرجموت فيصبح منعشا.
ومرة البتشولي وجذور السوسن فيصبح عميقا عشبيا.
ومرة التونكا واللبان العطري فيصبح عميقا قويا.
ومرات العسل والعنبر فيتحول لعطر دافئ رهيب.
الثبات والفوحان ممتازان ورائعان
والعطر يمتاز أيضا بأن له طابع السيطرة على المكان الذي ستدخله
إذا أتيحت لك الفرصة لتجربته أو شراءه فلا تتردد

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

This is nice, but it smells more floral than woodsy to me. I don't like it on myself - it's too feminine - but I bet my wife would smell good wearing it.

Olia_Aroma
Olia_Aroma

I liked it at first...BUT once I was uncareful enough to apply too much of it. It was so TERRIBLE, that I don't want to use it anymore, ever!!
This scent is good, but even one excessive drop turns it into a monster.

Namelok
Namelok

Just tried AW at the perfume counter, disliked some of the other perfumes in Private Blend, but AW at first I was unsure of, but then wow, did it grow on me! I lived in East Africa, both amongst Arabs at the coast, and next to one of the last remaining rain forests, and can say that the scents worn by Arab men, and the scent of cedars in the forest both come through strongly for me. I am rushing back tomorrow to see if I can get a sample, as this is not an inexpensive purchase, so just want to be sure, but at the moment I LOVE it!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Reach, potent, unisex, woody, pleasant, highly recommended.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

I also do not get alot of true "Wood" notes...florals, moss, musk & so much more.... could easily be unisex.

andreufc
andreufc

Me encanta, una de las mias! Lo malo, el precio.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

I will do a review in the future....however, please blend this with Italian Cypress.....my word its good. Often times this is called too femme and I can see that and often times Italian is too bold and a bit too classic, together it takes the feminine qualitys of Arabian (soapy/floral/sweet) and blends it with the spicy boldness/woodiness of Italian and man what you have borders on masterpiece in my opinion.

Arabian Wood by Tom Ford is quite an unpredictable fragrance. I approached this scent expecting thick, spicy and slightly smoky wood notes, however Arabian Wood is mossy, complex and utterly fascinating.

This is a mossy chypre for both sexes, as it has both masculine and feminine tendencies. It's really one of those Tom Ford fragrances that shouldn't be missed. However you might have to wear it a few times to fully grasp and understand its beauty.

The opening is really masculine and in some ways, harsh. It's quite a dense blend of damp woods, orris root and bergamot. I had a friend with me the first time I smelt Arabian Wood. I think she might have been questioning why I would ever want to smell something along these lines. It makes a much louder statement than she's probably used to smelling in mainstream perfume.

Arabian Wood is quick to settle on the skin. The most interesting aspect of this fragrance's development is how it blossoms under varied temperatures. I came to test Arabian Wood three times in one week because I struggled to find the words to describe it. In cool weather, the heart smells spicy-sweet with a hint of flowers. This is obviously due to the honey, lavender, rose and jasmine.

Surprisingly, on a hot Summer's day, Arabian Wood shows its mossy and earthy side. There is also a hint of masculine soapiness, lending an almost powdery feel. When I say that this fragrance is unpredictable, I mean what I say.

Arabian Wood is not really a woods based fragrance. It tends to encompass the smell of a musty, earthy forest, complete with the forest floor. I won't lie, it's an acquired taste. However it is something that I'm sure perfumistas will enjoy smelling, especially if chypres are their cup of tea.

The longevity is superb, but then again I wouldn't expect anything less from an overly expensive Tom Ford fragrance. It's worth checking out.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

One of my favourites for mix with... First, Oud wood, few seconds and then, Arabian wood.
You'll have a real wood and arabic amazing fragance to enjoy many hours, a gift to you and your company.

mimikins24
mimikins24

This is a misleading name for sure! There is very little in the way of woods in the fragrance.

On me it is a powdery and VERY soapy fragrance, with a lot of lavendar. Perhaps there are some woods in the base notes, but they are definitely way in the background.

As the dry down continues, the rest of the florals come out as well, particularly jasmine and rose. It is really improving as time goes on, and might work layering with some other TF fragrances.

Edited: The more I smell this, the more I think it should be categorized as a fougere and not a chypre.

rafickw
rafickw

There is nothing to it.....Name is extremely misleading, but im not bashing the smell, it is definitely a classy scent that is neither male or female (obvy) Not worth the price or the hype (to have a spot in the private blend).

Arabian Wood has similarities with 80's and 90's powerhouse scents (YSL Kouros and Escada Men classic) yet a little softer and tamed projection.

There is effeminately some florals and the only Arabian thing that i hardly detect is a little incense, the floral are loud enough in the top and drydown notes.

But all i have to say is MEH!!!

AveParfum
AveParfum

To my nose, Arabian Wood is really more of a floral perfume. Sometimes when I smell it, I swear that it smells eerily similar to Agent Provocateur. I detect intense gardenia and rose, a bit of freesia, a bit of lavender, and a bit of oakmoss. There is an underlying woody note, but it's not the star in this drama. Speaking of drama, I would say that this perfume is very much a dark, evening fragrance. It's the darkest Tom Ford I've smelled thus far. There is definitely a rich, syrupy, honeyed sweetness that keeps me wanting more. A very exotic, penetrating perfume that must be worn by someone who is not a wallflower.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

I like everything about this scent. There's some kinda mystery, power and beauty about it. Feels like being in the summer forrest at night with damp air, mossy soil and flowers around you. Arabian Wood is a unisex scent and is better for a night out. Blends well with Oud Wood.

Shahz
Shahz

It doesn't smell very Arabian, I can't smell a lot of wood and it is extremely soapy. The irony is that it smells very much like an Arabian perfume that tries to mimic a western fragrance. Not worth the price tag.

gledmagicwater
gledmagicwater

L'ho appena provato in una profumeria direttamente sulla pelle;all'inizio ero entusiasta e ho trovato una grande somiglianza con Chanel 19...ma nel giro di due ore è quasi scomparso...peccato,con quello che costa!

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I'm in total agreement with "talnyc", this is very florally dominated fragrance and leans heavily to the feminine. The white florals, ylang ylang and lavender are much more prevalent on my skin. This is a lovely chypre, but with a name like Arabian Wood, I expected something very different. I also see why people are saying this is soapy as the florals give this a very sweet and soapy quality. Not what I wanted, and have much better true woody chypres in my collection. If I was a woman, I might consider this, but with so many gorgeous chypres out there, I'm not sure this justifies its price.

yabadu
yabadu

I'm sorry Tom, i really love your work but this one, well, it could've been better since it's 1. Too soapy, and 2. Too feminine.

talnyc

I just bought this fragrance and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!!! It is my fall/winter scent. I am not sure why I did not buy it before, but it is never too late and I am so happy that I have it.

This fragrance is not just a wood note! It is not a man scent! When I had it on, a man came up to me and asked me what I had on as he was looking for something for his wife and thought that the fragrance smelled beautiful on me. When I told him the name of the scent, he could not believe it as it sounds like a masculine scent, but it is not. It is unisex, but in my opinion, it is more of a woman scent than a masculine one.

To quote from the Berdorf Goodman website:

This exotic experience opens with top notes of aromatic lavender with the bold floralcy of Bulgarian rose, freesia, orange blossom, and green galbanum, brightened with sparkling bergamot.

The heart pulses with the warmth and sensuality of lavish florals, including ylang ylang, rose absolute, jasmine, gardenia, and luscious honey and orris.

The base notes blend patchouli with cedarwood, oak moss, sandalwood, and honey, while tonka bean and radiant amber leave a distinct trail of opulence.
=========

I am not sure why fragnantica does not list all of the fragrance notes, which is odd and unfortunate, but it is not just an oud note. I noticed the Bulgarian rose/bergamot top notes. Of course, I would not love it if it did not have a patchouli note in there....

This is a scent you can wear all day and it is sexy/warm/makes one feel good when it is on. I wish there was a body cream/lotion available.

It is well worth the price.

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

Loved the rich woods vibe at first ... however ... the "lavender-that-refused-to-die" just spoilt it for me ultimately. :o(
Pity, as I had high hopes for it ! ... Oh well, there's already more than enough I want from the rest of the line as it is, to burn a hole in pocket. So I suppose I should be thankful.

Migotka
Migotka

Arabian Wood is, well, all about wood. It is quite different from Bois Marocain, which was a lot softer and feminine. Arabian Wood is the more masculine out of the two, and it is also a lot more linear. I think I was a bit disappointed at it- it definitely is rich and warm and of good quality, but compared to the other Private Blend scents, it is also not as spectacular as the other ones. I am a wood lover, but I also do prefer it in interesting combinations, and here the precious woods seem as if they were left all to themselves.

Vmakarov
Vmakarov

Well, I got it by chance. Thought that Tom Ford fragrance is "fashion" styled fragrance and nothing else.Tree words to explain what is A.W. are: 1. Quality 2.Rich 3.Amazing. It is really one of the best product on the market. For a cold day but prefer it for evening. Not for a date, just for me. It is creature,timeless...

prot72
prot72

IMO this is one of the best ouds in the market. I have no idea who stays behind Tom Ford fragrances but still they are masters. My best vacations were always in Arabic countries and my memory always going to these unusual very sophisticated places. The Arabian Wood is like deep memory of east, the Muslims and their fantastic culture. The fragrance is woody, deep and very resinous but the same time clean and what is amazing not overpowering. The main elements I'm able recognize is oud, tobacco and some sweet woods. All the time this is my favorite fragrance if I want to remember good time in my life.

This is a very soapy scent. Powdery and soapy, and very strong.

There is A LOT of very natural smelling lavender in it throughout the whole development. I do like it, but i find it slightly unsettling in a way thats hard to describe.

Im going to work at it though because its a very interesting perfume and deserves time spent with it.

Kterhark
Kterhark

After reading Chat L's description I am even in more awe of Tom Ford's exclusive line, because there is something in them that is so pure, so high quality and so 'something' that they wear differently on every single person. I disliked Arabian Wood so much I refused the sample (sorry Chat!) To me it was way too masculine, clangy and rough. Oud Wood, however, made me swoon, but when I smelled it on another woman I hated it. If you are inkling to try this line pull yourself up to the perfume counter, sniff thorugh all 16 bottles and insist on taking samples home of those you like, because whatever you buy will be unique to you.