Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Tom Ford for women

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Tom Ford for women
dislike

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Tom Ford for women Pictures Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Tom Ford for women Pictures Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Tom Ford for women Pictures

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur follows eau de perfume Black Orchid. Dark, dense and creamy original with an exquisite note of black truffle, got its new floral, lighter version. The precursor is fatal and sexy, while Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is romantic, light and bubbly. It kept black truffle and the other top notes. The composition is reined by the white flowers: honeysuckle, gardenia and lily; but it also has its “black” side being a Tom Ford fragrance: black orchid, black plum and black pepper. Oriental notes are soft and sensuous: warm milk, cinnamon, vanilla, patchouli and sandalwood. It was designed by David Apel. Black Orchid Voile de Fleur was launched in 2007.

Black Currant Ylang-Ylang

Honeysuckle Lily Gardenia Plum Pepper Orchid

Sandalwood Fruity Notes Patchouli Cinnamon Vanilla Milk resins

Orchid Version

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur Fragrance Reviews

onaona
onaona

As much as I love Black Orchid, and that love is considerable, it was the rough draft before this masterpiece!

Black Orchid is made milky here. Made considerably more floral and more feminine. Yes, I know fragrance does not have a gender designation, but Black Orchid Voile de Fleur absolutely does. The gardenia sees to it. It's in the original, but it doesn't find expression until this very necessary flanker. Gardenia replaces the dark chocolate, which was brought to heel, as the most prominent note. The patchouli still speaks to me, which is always a good thing, but it's tempered, more palatable for the patchouli shy, a good thing for everyone else. I also detect the plum, but it's not so much a solo fruit note to my nose. It's not quite a cocktail, but it doesn't stand unassisted either. It's sprinkled with cinnamon, for a softer bit of spice. The orchid still presents and is lovely, but it was one of the main floral attractions in the original fragrance. That's no longer the case.

As someone who frequently suffers from flanker fatigue, Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is my beautiful reward.

xxsweetwifeyxx
xxsweetwifeyxx

I enjoyed the opening and middle notes.. And I couldn't agree more of the two reviewers here.. Base / drydrown was a disappointment...smelled like piss..

Madrona
Madrona

I have tried hundreds of fragrances at this point and only two have been absolute scrubbers: Madness by Chopard and Black Orchid by Tom Ford, the latter being the worst offender. When I sprayed it the first time it literally made me dry heave. I had hopes that this one would be more agreeable, as I am quite fond of Velvet Orchid for example, and it is - marginally. The opening still makes my stomach turn and the drydown for some reason disagrees with me as well, though I should like it in theory. I find the gardenia in this to be similar to the gardenia in L'Artisan Parfumeur Rappelle-Toi.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

The gardenia floral opening in this is one of the best of the modern big white scents. What may give someone fits is its masculine oriental nature that surfaces underneath.

I love old fashioned orientals and gardenia/tuberose scents like Fracas, Blonde, and Jungle Gardenia, and I like the deep orientals like Opium. This is the driving force in Voile. Its a strong,updated white floral opening with a just as spicy drydown to match bordering on masculine.

Its beautifully done, complex, and a treat for vintage or old school lovers like me. Im not sure if the fruitchouli, sweet gourmand lovers can handle this one. Try before you buy.I agree with the reviewer this could be Fracas Noir. This sexy beautiful femme fatale bites back. Its not tame in the least once you get past her opening....:)

JackieM
JackieM

I'm not good at notes (yet), but reading about this I expected almost a Fracas-like scent from the general category of white flowers, and while it does have that sort of abiding floral-ness, on me this is just the regular Black Orchid without the sharp, sweaty cash that came out of a bag of old incense note lol. That makes it a lot less special and way more tame, but also more wearable.

pablOSO
pablOSO

Cant afford the Tom Ford ? use Rare Pearls by Avon.. altough not similiar in quality , they kind of smell the same.

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

Warm milk is an oriental note? Maybe that means fermented mare's milk from Mongolia. Never mind: the great thing is that Voile is nearly as satisfying as Velvet Gardenia but costs way less, so far. And that it's as enchanting as regular Black Orchid is off-putting.

chanelnumerocinq
chanelnumerocinq

I hate the original Black Orchid. However, I love the Voile de Fleur so much, one of my favorite perfumes ever. It's so unique.

BOVdF is a strong white floral perfume fronted by an indolic gardenia note. Made creamy with subtle vanilla. Infused with freshness by a milk note. Plum adds a sensual sweetness and fruitiness. Like the original and probably the only real similarity with it, BOVdF is heavily peppery with a pine needle note, which adds an androgynous edgy quality to the fragrance. This pepper and pine fades slightly in the dry down, but it’s so strong in the beginning. All this grounded and warmed with woody and patchouli notes in the dry down. This fragrance borders on ugly because of the pine bitterness and it’s kind of a disjointed mish mash perfume but at the same time the creamy sweetness of the white floral makes it so pretty, prettier than Black Orchid the original which is also an everything and the kitchen sink type scent as well. In comparison BOVdF is more sheer and sweet. So I feel it gives off a diva vibe, but not as much compared to the original.

The unfortunate news is that BOVdF is discontinued. The two recent Black Orchid flankers, the EDT and Velvet Orchid, are not similar enough to BOVdF. The good news is that BOVdF has not reached astronomical prices on eBay yet. Get it while you can.

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

I just blind bought Voile and at first spray I wanted to scrub it. The currant is just so pissy! It's like TF has a joke going here, Black Orchid is balls and Voile is piss. So we've got balls and piss. Velvet is the only one out of the three that I love from start to finish. The drydown is where I smell the similarities between Black Orchid, Velvet Orchid and Voile. That would most likely be his Orchid note which hangs around for a long time.

I love his impression of the Orchid note and therefore love the heart and drydown of Voile once the currant settles into the background. Then I notice more of the gardenia and ylang and the drydown is when I notice the creamy notes. I will spare the comparisons to high heels, whips, big and little sisters, sparkly things and...whatever.

Tom Ford's Orchid is a note that holds its own in its own unique way, it's dark, mysterious and carnal. That is why it commanded its own signature line so depending on your mood, body chemistry and the season this line gives you options of how you want to wear it, like an orchid wardrobe of sorts.

Voile just happens to clash with me, so we don't get along. It's like wearing plaid on rainbows to me.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

Just got my blind buy of this and like many have already stated this is NOT related to the original BO. This opened on my skin with prominent almost sharp gardenia and lily. Lily is my least fave note but in BOVDdF it is nicely camouflaged. As it settles down the gardenia becomes a bit more creamy and I get the very faint whiff of ylang, orchid and sandalwood. I don't get much cinnamon or discernible fruit but I assume they are there keeping the white florals from going heady and "old school". This is definitely more floral than oriental and while I'm not a really a floral girl this is a nice take on a darker white floral that I can see myself wearing to a wedding or a play.

*OldWestCowgirl* Adri
*OldWestCowgirl* Adri

Black Orchid Voile de Fleur
Enquanto Black Orchid tem alma masculina, Voile de Fleur tem alma feminina.
A base é similar, as notas de fundo, o mesmo patchouli com especiarias. A grande diferença na minha concepção é que o tradicional é escuro, denso, misterioso, imponente, fechado, resinoso, enquanto Voile de Fleur é aberto, tem algo frutado, parece ameixa bem docinha, floralzão, neste aparecem lírio e gardênia, aliás, carregadíssimo em gardênia.
Blach Orchid está para um inverno misterioso e sexy, enquanto Voile de Fleur está para uma primavera florida e romântica.
Prefiro o primeiro, não poderia ser diferente...rs.

deda147
deda147

This is clearly related to Black orchid. You could describe this one as a more friendlier, luminous version IMO. It's more like they took all of the funky patchouli/chocolate/truffle notes out of BO and replaced them with a bouquet of sparkling flowers, fresh plums and sweet, full cream. It's quite floral - you really have to love white flowers in order to appreciate this flanker of BO.
It opens up really 'fresh' - I can't really come up with another word since I haven't experienced an opening like this before. The cassis is slightly pissy, but perfectly balanced by the rather sweet and floral ylang ylang. The heartnotes soon take over and it's a rhapsody of flowers; gardenia makes her entrance along lily. They steal the spotlight, only to be interrupted by the sweet plum. I can't really make out the pepper and signature orchid note though; they seem to be drowned in the gardenia/lily combo. I guess the honeysuckle contributes to the fresh and sparkly feeling of the heartnotes. As it dries down it becomes warmer - the most noticeable basenotes are sandalwood, warm milk and a slight pinch of cinnamon. I really love it and I'm quite sad it was discontinued. Sillage is huge in the beginning and stays moderate during it's longevity, which is about 8 hours.

P.S: It's not as unisex as BO, since it doesn't contain the heavy patch/chocolate/incense combo which make the original such a delightful genderless creation. Still recommended to lovers of BO who would like a lighter and more floral version BO.

pauroj
pauroj

it's got nothing to do with the original black orchid , is a white flowers very nice perfume , but if you are expecting the syrup thick vibe of black orchid this is not it , this is super friendly , i like it.

Lotto.Lupus
Lotto.Lupus

I like it even more than the original version. The original is somehow heavier, while Voile de Fleur is seductive, yet quite gentle. I'm happy to be a proud owner of VDF, it's quite rich & distinct. Not for everyday use but certainly great for that special occasion!

Lkrautter
Lkrautter

mmmmm I love this one!It is too bad it was discontinude.
To me this is a deliciously dark gardenia scent, as gardenia is the most prominent and recognizable floral.
I don't smell the milkiness very characteristically, I think it must blend very well. I love the plum and black currant, they work so well together creating a sparkly dark fruity opening that sets precedent for the base.
And the drydown is, like I said before, mmmmmm!
It is a gorgeous combination of elegent florals with an exotic spicy groumand base. Very warm and comforting and delicious!
Such a beauty. Great work!

liverpool2sex
liverpool2sex

I love both the Original Black Orchid and the now discontinued BOVDF.
The only way I can describe the difference between Black Orchid and BOVDF is that Black Orchid is the older sister who seductive, rich, powerful, loves chocolate and knows what she wants where as BOVDF is the younger sister who is flirty, flowery, playful and is learning from her older sister about life, how to get what you want and hasn't tried chocolate yet.
I so was gutted when the BOVDF was discontinued. I have been after getting some more of the BOVDF for ages now but the prices on EBAY were just ridiculous (around £100 for 50ml)BUT recently I saw a 50ml bottle of BOVDF edt and the seller was also selling a 100ml of Black Orchid edt (it didn't have the VDF on the black label which apparently happened to quite a few of the 100ml) I realised that the 100ml was in fact the BOVDF 1) because of the black label and not gold label 2) because it was EDT. So I was chuffed to bits when I won both of them at just over £100! So now I am a happy girl as I have the Original Black Orchid and the discontinued BOVDF and have 150ml of the BOVDF once again which should last me a long time. The BOVDF lasts as long on my skin as the Black Orchid but is better for daytime wear. To me the BOVDF is still an EDP because of the longevity. I think they classed it back then as EDT as it wasn't as strong, lighter, fresher and more flowery? That is my only explanation as it lasts just as long as the Black Orchid EDP. I have worn the BOVDF to work a couple of days now and already had comments of 'That smells lovely what is it' so I am chuffed to bits. I can't understand how anyone says they cannot smell any difference between the two as Black Orchid has a richer, deeper, more chocolatey fragrance whilst BOVDF is similar BUT lighter, flowery but has almost no chocolate undertones! I agree with others that BOVDF is best worn in autumn/winter time in the daytime or in the evening anytime. Now all I need is the BOVDF body lotion Lol x

polly golightly
polly golightly

nulla o quasi in comune con l'originale black orchid (che è molto più nero e gotico) questo profumo è uno dei pochi floreali che riesco ad indossare senza traumi. le note di testa, biancospino, ylang ylang e tuberosa (che però non compare nella piramide olfattiva, dove viene citata la gardenia), molto naturali e, fortunatamente non asfissianti, lasciano il posto, lentamente al patchouli e alla cannella, passando per territori cremosi (latte?). l'assestamento è dolcemente fiorito e sopportabile

Exenidi
Exenidi

Guys, just got a bottle in the post - this is amazing!,, Who is that moronic marketing Director who discontinued such a unique fragrance?..

Yurpdod
Yurpdod

I was very surprised by Voile de Fleur, because, in my opinion, it does not smell very much like the original at all. Many of the dense earthy-gourmand notes that make Black Orchid so distinctive have been softened or omitted entirely and replaced with rich florals. Gardenia and ylang are specifically very present. I am obsessed with fragrances that have prominent milky/dairy notes (if you are too, check out Gold Sugar and Le Feu d'Issey) and I love the way that the creamy note at the center of this composition adds a beautifully soft, comforting quality to the fragrance.

Voile de Fleur is the kind of fragrance that reminds me of the absolute majesty of white floral notes when they are done well. For me personally, it's like they tickle this part of my brain that appreciates beauty and splendor.

This fragrance has very large sillage and respectable staying power. One interesting quirk about the way this fragrance is composed is that it has almost no top notes at all. It's comprised mainly of very solid base notes and heart notes. Because of this, it is somewhat linear and does not change very much from the onset to the drydown. But the fragrance itself is so stunning that I don't view this as a negative at all.

A superb, artistic fragrance that is an absolute pleasure to wear. Bravo.

wordsalad
wordsalad

Wore this to a summer-outdoor-nighttime Nick Cave concert, and it was perfect.

Lana148
Lana148

This aromatic bouquet of mix white flowers has dark and mysteries aura around it. It's evening, cold weather fragrance. More complex then an original Black Orchid, the only similarity - some patchouli at the dry down.

I am not blown away by this creation. I think it's a bit rough around the edges, not well composed. Not for me.

loada82
loada82

It is a cool perfume.
Not for summer.
Suitable for winter.
It is not strong.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

OMG this is amazing. First of all, I'm obsessed with the original, but this one is a totally different beast. It does have a slight Black Orchid "vibe", which I do like, but the focus is entirely on the gardenia. I'm really not into white florals, like at all, but this is gardenia I can get on board with. In fact, it's the most beautiful gardenia I have ever smelled. I can't do scents like Michael Kors Michael. Just too "sweet" and headache-inducing, but this one is soft, milky, a bit spicy, and not at all cloying or sickening like most white florals. Like with B.O., I find that my nose adjusts to the scent rather quickly, which is a shame. I can't smell it after a while but I know others can because it's rather strong. I am happy to reapply though in the comfort of my own home :) The sillage is nice. Too bad this one is discontinued, but glad I snatched up a bottle before it becomes too scarce.

mysterious_scent
mysterious_scent

A big bouquet of white flowers, mainly tuberose, plus some gardenia, with a strong toffee note from top to down. It's heady at the start but melts well on my skin. Simply lovely.

soulflwr

Oh! I see what you mean G_Alinka. I never noticed that some of the bottles are not labeled with the 'Voile de Fleur". Interesting, I'd like to know what that is all about too.

Clyn11
Clyn11

I agree with LT's review .... it's in between Fracas & EL's Tuberose Gardenia :) You have to love white flowers to love this.. PM me if interested...Australia only pls

G_Alinka

soulflwr, sorry but it seems like you didn't catch))). My question was not about that at all. I clearly see that the fragrances are different. I asked firstly about a kind of confirmation of my knowledge that original BO was presented only in EDP, and secondly "why some bottles lack the line "Voile de Fleur" (as on a photo with a box above), but others still have?" My thanks to people who reacted via Private messages, I appreciate all points of view on above-mentioned...eh...problem))).

soulflwr

@G_Alinka they are two different fragrances. YOu can think of this one as a flanker of the Original Black Orchid. The gold label bottle with just "Black Orchid" on it is the original fragrance. The black label bottle with "Black Orchid Voile de Fleur" is the flanker. They are two different perfumes, which can be confusing because the packaging is pretty much identical.

G_Alinka

Could somebody please kindly tell me why some bottles lack the line "Voile de Fleur" (as on a photo with a box above), but others still have? As far as I know this cannot be "Black Orchid" in EDT, 'cause the concentration for a classical fragrance is only EDP, right?))) So, what's that then?

sunnycocoloco
sunnycocoloco

I tested this a few years back and remember loving it. I was surprised that I loved it so much more than the original Black Orchid. Does anyone know where I can find this in stores?

saintleegray
saintleegray

Although I know that this black orchid has very different notes, I detect a very strong tobacco note in this when I wear it. It's not bad, it adds a sharpness. I don't get creamy at all. On me, this smells dark and dangerous, some deep sweetness, hard to say exactly what that is. This is what I would wear with evening clothes, definitely for the night.

po
po

First of all Voile de Fleur has absolutely nothing in common with the original Black Orchid; they are both deep and intoxicating but that's all.

While the original is more creative and harder to pull off with the thick dark chocolate, patchouli, incense, truffle and a base heavy on the vetiver, Voile de Fleur is much softer, a luscious bouquet of slightly indolic white flowers without dramatic changes towards the drydown.

On me the most prominent elements are honeysuckle, gardenia and ylang ylang. There's definitely an animalic aspect here, probably the floral notes along with the plum and black currant. I also enjoy the addition of soft sandalwood in the lightly oriental base which has a creamy quality that compliments the buttery gardenia nicely.

I can see Voile de Fleur working well during warm summer evenings when the honeysuckle blooms naturally but I like it even better when it's cold outside. It smells retro and contemporary at the same time, very feminine.
Lovely.

Bettany87
Bettany87

So many conflicting reviews here for this beauty. I am convinced that Voile de Fleur must be highly dependent on skin chemistry.

I had to close my eyes and take in this creamy, opulent and sweetened scent. I immediately get the lush floral notes of gardenia and ylang-ylang along with milky-sweet vanilla. The patchouli and pepper are both non-existent on me, I cannot detect them on my skin. What I am surrounded with is this luscious, rich floral aura with very subtle hints of fruity dew-drenched sweetness in the background.

A sophisticated and sensual scent ... quite potent which turned soft within a few minutes yet lingered for eight alluring hours on the skin.

santaborboleta
santaborboleta

Its a man's perfume from the first spray to the dry down. I'm very sorry I bought it.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I just don't like it! I don't understand. I mean it's a very complex, in iteresting perfume that firmly displays the talent of the nose behind this...but I have to say this is to me, one if not the oldest smelling perfume I've ever sniffed. I feel like I need to be 60 in order to appreciate this. And I'm someone who loves dark perfumes.. I love the original Black Orchid, Coco Chanel, Coromandel and many others that most consider 'noir' or older. But this? good lord, don't you dare spritz this on me, until I'm safe and comfortable in a friendly and loving nursing home

It's a Big white floral with lots of smoke, bells and whistles... too much, in fact!

I feel like this is Tom Ford's 'Belle de Opium'

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

We are constantly told of how Cleopatra bathed herself in milk to maintain her beauty....

Well when I close my eyes and picture this image of a Queen surrounded by servants watching her in the nude, I envision the air smelling like BLACK ORCHID VOILE DE FLEUR.

Why? Because it is creamy, milky, lactonic, rich and strong. And she is lying in a milk bath that has gardenias, honeysuckle and lilies floating on the surface, blanketing her skin from view.

It is not your standard full cream milk, it is warm condensed milk!! Thick, heavy and dense. Splendid.

KateMkay
KateMkay

Absolutely love both but I find Voile being better. Black Orchid is beautiful but this is way more elegant, better blended, femenine but stil very unique.
I am very confident wearing any perfume (including heavy masculine scents) but sometimes I have my doubts with BO, so Voile de Fleur is more wearable for me.
It has everything I love. My favorite here are plum, milk, sandalwood and resins. It is difficult to find some good milk base in perfume and it has good reaction with my chemistry. I have to say that I love lilies but usually perfumes with such note make me feel bad and I start to have a headache, but not here.
Not everyday scent for sure. I tried this on very hot weather and few time on rainy days, it develops differently but you can definetly use this in summer with light hand.
Good sillage and longivity.

Lilk@
Lilk@

I love it so much!
White flowers(gardenia, lily) with milk. Very sexy and provocative. Sillage is heavy. It's like smell of exotic flowers after rain ... magnificent scent.

agnes.marti2
agnes.marti2

This is the queen of Patchouli scents, (and maybe the Black Orchid as well). Every sent that contains Patchouli, on my skin it turns in to a mentholated odd smell. Is't like dried menthol, a stingy oldish scent - I hate it.
But when someone else put it on, I allways feel a diferent scent. Sometimes sweet, sometimes a spicy fragrant. So the long and short of it: Patchouli is not compatible whit my chemistry.
It's sad, and it wasn't that long lasting what I'm expected (only 4-5 hour). Maybe it was also becous of may skin.

teilani
teilani

I decided that I wanted a Ford scent and somehow settled on Black Orchid but I haven't been able to get it readily. When I came across this I snapped up a bottle without any test. However black some of the components (and they are great!), this reminds me why I love white flowers. The creamy quality (that milk) is fantastic and though I do not wear it every day, whenever I do put it on I wonder why I haven't grabbed it off my shelf sooner.

Intoxicating in all the best ways.

agamenona
agamenona

I don't know yet (after few months of having it;) - either I like it, or not. It has a strong character, not so easy to domesticate..

ManicOrganic13
ManicOrganic13

Well I really like this scent. I have never purchased the actual Tom Ford Black Orchid but a duplication fragrance oil since these are what I use in my cosmetic formulations. I can, however, say quite confidently that it does NOT smell like a mans unwashed balls.
I worked in a hospital for several years and can assure you that neglected personal hygiene smells nothing like this or any other fragrance I have ever owned. Nor do I detect a sour Eau de Litterbox smell.
This is a very grown up sexy scent. Not for the younger teen generation.

saj59
saj59

یه عطر فوق العاده خوشبو
گرم و شیرین
دوام و پخش فوق العاده
البته بنظر من کاملا زنونه هست نمیدونم اقایون چجور میتونن اینو استفاده کنن !؟خیلی بو گل میده

It is no wonder that Secret Obsession and Voile de fleur smell so much a like! It seems they have a lot of notes in common!

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

Welp, Busik wins the internet. Best review ever.

neciaczerniecki
neciaczerniecki

it's sweet and powdery, but cloying and hard to breathe in. bleh. i don't know why i bought it. i hate all of tf's fragrances, but thought, mayb this is one i will like. plus i loved the ad. for swap. north america only
plus it's a beautiful bottle

tatagaldino
tatagaldino

If there is a smell in paradise is the scent of Black Orchid Voile de Fleur.

busik
busik

Beautiful! Since the groin with a lid, removed the sample and to whom mushrooms with potatoes and mushrooms with my gardenia, fusion cuisine? Those guys veil itself, I thought, as a veil covered with his head! But the longer the less flavor of mushrooms and more flowers. Base wonderful, cold wait, it's interesting to learn how to be revealed.

nilizio
nilizio

When I bought it - I had concerns that maybe the smell is too heavy and too old. I worried the aroma of the perfume will be outdated.
To my surprise, the fragrance that I splashed it on my wrist - has evolved to become a wonderful aroma, complex, deep, but at the same time - clean.
I was happy and I ran to the store to buy another bottle. Now, I have two bottles, 50 mL each.
This smell is perfect for me. Durability of smell - is excellent.
Strangely, this fragrance fits me every hour of the day and evening.
I love this perfume!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I totally agree with sweetnspicey who wrote:

"Black Orchid and VdF have absolutely nothing in common."

Ditto and well said. I love the original Black Orchid. I don't know what is going on with this Voile stuff. I don't smell any cinnamon. I get a middle note of urine- it smells exactly like a public toilet with the smell of urine and disinfectant mixed. This is the sour note that many folks have identified. Fortunately that goes away in the drydown, which is a tiny bit creamy but the scent dies immediately almost. This one is not for me.

vivik
vivik

Totally agree with "sweetnspicey", that´s exactly what I get.

Guest_nikkimouse

This is so gorgeous, I'm wearing right now and it smells like a dewey tropical gardenia, carmelized , spicey, slightly fruity, green yet very noir. Wonderful.. excellent sillage, highly reccomend to gardenia lovers

Dark, seductive and complex fragrance!

The most noticeable notes are the gardenia, black truffle, blackcurrant, ylang-ylang and lotus wood notes.

The leading note is the gardenia note that makes this fragrance more suitable for the evening. The black truffle note is also very noticeable. This note is a reason I can't absolutely enjoy this unusual enough pyramid notes fragrance, because it brings mushroom scent. I don't want to smell mushrooms!:) Trying to pay less attention on this note. But I like the idea of using this note, because it is used rarely.

It's awesome that the pyramid note of this fragrance is interesting enough. Rare notes are used. It's a plus for sure.

So I like this intriguing fragrance even despite on the black truffle note. Good job!

AveParfum
AveParfum

Black Orchid and VdF have absolutely nothing in common. Are people lying about smelling milk, cinnamon, plum? I smell nothing but exceedingly heavy jasmine and woods. Nothing else. There is a sour note somewhere in there that is off-putting. This was very, very disappointing for me--my least favorite Tom Ford perfume thus far.

Guest_nikkimouse

wow, this is not for shy/ young girls. This is a mature honey soaked lily / gardenia (possibly jasmine) mixture, with a slight fruity nuance, a sedeuctive dark plummy fruit, with a smokey quality to it. I also pick up a little note of jasmine, I see this is not listed but prety sure there's atleast a touch of it.

As far as being young and light? I think not! I am in love with this perfume but wearing it is another thing, I think I might be ready in abougt 20 more years, It's alright, I'll keep my bottle safe until then, occasionally taking a sniff during my wait.

The drydown is gorgeous.. a slightly cinnimoned and peppered (possibly the patchouli playing a role still) milky creamy vanilla dream. I can also smell the ylang ylang right to the end...lasts forever and ever....and ever!

So complex, interesting and unique

*bows to Tom Ford*

I change my mind, I think this is something i should and will be enjoying NOW!

Pari88
Pari88

This one opens with beautiful cinnamon and honeysuckle and maybe plums? And what smells to me like tuberose. It dries down with the same hints of honeysuckle tuberose and cinnamon mixed with sandalwood, coconut milk and some other white flower, maybe jasmine? It is slightly bitter and yet very creamy. Buttery and creamy; a comfort scent, but not as sexy as I thought it would be. This is more sophisticated then sexy, but not vulgar and mysterious like the Original.
I know I have smelled this before, and not in any recent time...so the formulation, although it looks like a new note list, has been done before (unlike the original Black Orchid which is a dry patchouli, chocolaty, woody, and liqueur unique gem).
This is very reminiscent of Dior's Pure Poison. It has floral notes similar to those in DPP, but it adds creaminess and buttery goodness to the mix. Pure Poison and this share the same signature note. I would say that VDF is Pure Poison's gothic sister. Although VDF was made much later then Pure Poison it has a vintage smell that reminds me of the black and white pictures I've seen from the roaring twenties; dapper dan's and flapper gal's would love this one. I personally enjoy Voile De Fleur much more then Pure Poison, there is so much depth to it and it really is a wrist sniffer. To my nose this is COMPLETELY different from the original Black Orchid that I won't even bother comparing. They both are lovely in their own rights.

exciter76
exciter76

Plums are very seductive fruits and they do not get any more sensuous than they do here in BOVdF. They are dark, opulent, and slyly sinister here. I am over the moon in love with Tom Ford’s misunderstood boozy villain. This villain in velvets also brings gardenias to woo its prey in the cloak of darkness. Its drydown is consistently dark and dense, with heady fruits and berries, spicy sandalwood, and loads of amber and patchouli. Compared to its older sibling, Black Orchid, this is a lighter, effervescent version but it’s still heavy hitter with a secret double life.

This is a dense cloak of a fragrance with sillage that announces, “The wearer has left the building.” It is certainly a fragrance with a bullhorn! Very much like anyone with a bullhorn, this fragrance is unconcerned with offending others, though it has the potential to do so. I know I’ll be wearing this the next time I go bar-hopping in Downtown L.A. BOVdF was made for upscale nightlife and devil-may-care urban adventures.

*Thanks times 1,000,000 to MaggieKat for this exquisite gift! Much love and infinite thanks!

heymistersky
heymistersky

So I was introduced to Tom Ford by the original Black Orchid and initially I found it a bit too heavy for me. I purchased the Voile de Fleur on a whim since I had read that it was lighter and more floral. It turned out to be a great decision, as I instantly fell in love with it. It might be a bit heavy for some people to wear during the day, but I find it appropriate for everyday wear. The gardenia in the Voile de Fleur is more pronounced than in the original, which is something I love about it. Ultimately I came around to the original Black Orchid and love it, too, but I feel that this one is lighter and more appropriate for a younger person [I am 23].

mymlan
mymlan

I like this sweet silky gardenia fragrance, sligthly spiced with cinnamon and sandalwood. On my skin it appears like a soft milky gardenia veil, very easy to wear. The fruity notes adds depth and character along with the spices but all together the impression is gentle and classy.

It's not so captivating as the darker and more patchouli heavy EdP, but instead it's much more wearable. Both are beautiful and very wellcrafted fragrances and the black glass bottle is truly enchanting.

Projektion: medium (I guess a lot of people would write strong on projection, but I'm kind of used to even stronger fragrances).

Duration: long

akats
akats

I dont know the initial fragrance, but this, is nothing special. It is the same smell from the beginning to its end. Milk and ylang-ylang. I had a feeling that it reminded me several perfumes, such as fragile of Gaultier, or I have smell several flowers with these characteristics. So, that's why It had nothing new to tell me....Of coarse, it is not my type of fragrance, yet for someone else may be romantic, and tender. Not sexy and dark for sure...

I really didn't like the original Black Orchid with its somewhat putrid smelling fruit accords and loud chocolate notes. Black Orchid Voile de Fleur is much softer and more wearable on my skin, provided that you don't apply too much.

The strange fruity accords found in the original are also present in this fragrance, which is kind of off-putting. They actually smell sharp and metallic when blended with my chemistry.

In the opening I sense a subtle hint of milk and cinnamon alongside the rich and dark plum accords which is very pleasant to my nose, however the heart washes out this softness bringing forth those fruity notes that I so detest.

Thankfully the heart is relatively short-lived, which makes way for a soft, delicate and sugary blend of gardenia, milk, cinnamon, lily and plum. I like Black Orchid Voile de Fleur's softer side, but I'm not so keen on its sharp and peppery fruitiness.

I enthusiastically applaud this fragrance's unique approach, but I can't seem to mourn its disappearance from our shelves. Occasionally this fragrance makes me nauseous, particularly if I'm not feeling the best to start with.

I sometimes wonder whether I would enjoy this fragrance more if all of the fruit notes were removed. But I came to the conclusion that Black Orchid Voile de Fleur would lose a lot of its boldness and complexity. While it's not my cup of tea, I will certainly be passing on my sample to someone who I'm sure will appreciate it.

Guest_Jasminehead
Guest_Jasminehead

Very creamy jasmine.. like honey dipped jasmine, with a touch of gardenia to add some butteriness ...prety yet slightly dirty... deep .. resinous..heady, thick.. I love it. Sweet, but the kind of sweet that I like, the kind that comes from ylang ylang and honey, not sickening sweet at all. and the longevity is excellent, sillage nice And although I dont wear it alot I would definently say.. as far as quality goes this has to be in my top ten possibly top five. Excellent fragrance

I know jasmine isn't listed but I cant help but get the sense of jasmine

id
id

What I smell is mostly milk, sandalwood, plum and oak moss. I don't know if it is enough for me to buy a full bottle. I guess I should try it once again in cold weather. But a scent is warm and rich for sure. Those who don't like gardenia still could try this scent because white flowers are blended well with other components like milk and plum. I've retested it in autumn - what a beauty this fragrance is. But I'd still recommend to test before buying. A bit similar to CK Secret Obsession. Longevity is great, 10 hours plus.

peyman.datoubar
peyman.datoubar

Strong and attractive smell with high perdurability that I love it. This perfume is one of the ineffaceable smell from my mind.

SensualistGeek
SensualistGeek

I miss this so much. Only ever had a 30ml bottle. Far superior to the, I guess, reformulated Black Orchid (am I the only one who thinks something has changed about it in the past 5 years?)
A beautiful tuberose. I truly hope Tom Ford decides to bring this back at some point!

jadeylo
jadeylo

Much prefer the original Black Orchid to this. This is nice but way too floral in the beginning for me. Dries down quite nicely but still too much gardenia, reminds me of Coco chanel.

m-hani

خیلی قوی و خوب
با احترام

LaGari
LaGari

Voile de Fleur is perfectly Mysterious, Romantic, Sensual and Exotic. Its perfect. Every luscious note is perfection, its there and I get it.

A while after a gardenia flower is cut from its stem, the scent will intensify. And thats exactly what VDF's gardenia note smells like to me. Pure, smooth and sharp.
I agree its in the family of secret obsession, reading that was what made me want to try VDF even more. But this is better, yes, darker and more complex.

You can't fool a gardenia-flower girl. I've been sniffing the real thing for many years, and this must be one of the best gardenia scents. Once I get it, it will be my new signature scent for sure.

olga1780
olga1780

What a seductive and provocative scent! Yes, it does belong to the family of Secret Obsession, but I find it darker, more mysterious and more complex. I actually tried Secret Obsession numerous times and it never grew on me....there was something strange about it that wasn't quite pleasant to my nose.
The sillage and longevity are equal to quality EDP, which is pretty much excellent.
Despite the quality contents, I till think the original price tag is steep.....but look who's talking, a cheapskate like me. LOl I even managed to get this one for $ 44 for a 3.4 oz bottle....so my excitement is double!

A sophisticated tuberose floral composition. Nice if you like tuberose, great if you're into an affected and mannered kind of elegance. Too much for me, sorry!

possumke
possumke

Well, I prefer this one to the original BLACK ORCHID which has a strong masculine vetiver note in it that I did not like.
I do like the instantly loud, cold, feminine soapy gardenia blast of this one. It has massive sillage which slows down after 30 minutes or so, then it settles more into a softer floral but with a strong leathery note on my skin, lasting several hours.

I am growing to like it a lot... and if you would like to know if there is a comparison to this fragrance, to me it smells very similar to Dior addict when I tested it on a paper strip.

frangrancejunky
frangrancejunky

Very unique and original,Actually I don't find it neither cloying nor heavy at all, even though I should recommend to use caution when wearing it,2 sprays would do,it gracefully develops,and you will be utterly enchanted when you smell it. it worth every penny.

If you love this perfume, try Secret Obsession and if you can find it Chiffon by Oriflame. They all belong to the same perfume family!

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

This is SO sexy! White florals do dominate, but in an alluring way I have never experienced! I can't explain the sultriness of this scent because it's overwhelming and delicious. I'll try... How bout gardenia & honeysuckle drenched in cream and cinnamon spice. This is absolutely "scentgasmic"! LOVE IT

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I get a voluptuous, almost tropical lily and honeysuckle note. This sets the dominant tone of the fragrance for me, and somehow none of the other notes seem to emerge on my skin. It is a sillage bomb, but does not smell as strong when I put my nose to my wrist.

For me, the fragrance didn't have very good longevity...maybe 2 hours, and my chemistry didn't seem to make the most of it. Where were the base notes on me?!

Personally, I was overwhelmed by the honeysuckle and longed for an earthier, woody, resinous, or patchouli-laiden base to balance the scent for me. It seems the scent would be best for those who like very feminine fragrances. I imagine a woman who's relaxed in her own skin wearing this. My mother, who takes regular vacations to warm places, would LOVE this!

nyoka
nyoka

IN defense of my beloved Black Orchid!THis is one beautiful fume,to me.At first spot of application,i smell a BURST of gardenias wrapped by honeysuckle.FRom the beginning its a deep,thick,almost oily kind of sexy.Like pure lust.Its as if the gardenis and honeysuckle r in a deep embrace.Too soon,an overipe,juicy plum comes sliding in on a massive deep purple orchid.It throbbing with the fullness of its floral juices.THicker ,stronger and even more sexy when after 7/8 hrs it slowly fades into a smokey,caramelized pot of milky cream,just kissed by a vanilla.All the way thru the senses become alive because of the excitement of pure ground black pepper.A true masterpiece!!

soniamcalear
soniamcalear

I do not see any difference between this scent and Black Amathyst by BBW, coconut and the fruity mixed in. Nothing unique at all to this scent, I was so surprised to the similarities that I was taken aback from it. I never imagined that Tom Ford would create something so cloned as this!

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Black Orchid is a strange, yet interesting fragrance that at first sniff was very sharp & floral.. I recently wore this to my brothers wedding & let me tell you... THIS STUFF LAST FOR AGES!!!!! I put this on & my mother claims that she could smell this before I came down stairs... IT WAS THAT STRONG! However, the scent is rather a creative masterpiece from Mr. Tom Ford! I really dont like it for the first 30-45 minutes, but I tolerate it, then the worst note of this frag appears.. That awful rotten mushroom smell which I just find simply dreadful... Thank goodness it does not last long & the best part kicks in which is the base! SIMPLY MARVELOUS! When I took my rental tux back the next day, the lady who opened the bag to make sure everything was there she said MY U WORE SOMETHING THAT SMELLS JUST GREAT! WHAT IS IT???? Mind you I did not spray any on the tux. I grinned & said Black Orchid! She smiled back & said I'll have to give that a go!

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

Let me start by saying that this surely doesn't seem like an edt. It's a gigantic perfume is a black bottle, mean and strong, ready to knock everything down in its way.
Very intoxicating, leaves the longest trace behind the wearer, doesn't mix well with any other perfume.
The white flowers drown in tar, smoke and cream, creating a very "gray" effect.
Voluptuous to the point of obscenity.
Somehow it gives me a nostalgic feeling, I don't know why because there is nothing romantic about it.
I think it's good for rainy and cold days, for women that are extremely confident, or for nights that aren't lonely.
Although they smell nothing alike, this one has the same aura as Bandit from Piguet.

Tom Ford BLACK ORCHID VOILE DE FLEUR is a big, bad ueber feminine patchouli perfume. This is certainly not a "romantic, light, and bubbly" frag! There is a lot going on here, and the opening really packs a voluptuous floral-patchouli punch, so proceed with caution, as BOVDF edt is not a weak and insipid liquid, as so many flankers of late have become.

I love BOVDF, a totally intoxicating bouquet of white flowers and patchouli infused with a big dose of resin to hold everything together in thick almost amber-like viscosity. The drydown is a smooth and only slightly sweet patchouli scent which stays rather close to the skin, in stark contrast to the huge sillage opening.

To me, BOVDF is a special occasion perfume. Too much for most quotidian occasions--definitely NOT an office scent, NOT something to where to a grocery store (unless you really want someone to slam his cart into yours...)! BOVDF is to be savored now and then, at night.

Thank you to kimkim for bestowing upon me this alluring elixir appropriately enclosed within such a beautiful bottle!

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Beautiful, dark floral... however, not suitable for the males. This is for the lady in the black trench, the one whose hair's fallen over half her face. The blank expression under exotic eyes, and perplex aura. The mystery woman.

★Sexy
★Provocative
★Romantic
★Mysterious

★★★★ 4 STARS!

katyas
katyas

I ended up with a bunch of this stuff by accident because the seller listed it as "Black Orchid EDT" so obviously I thought I was getting Black Orchid. I didn't realize at the time that Black Orchid doesn't HAVE an EDT and the seller was under the impression that Voile de Fleurs WAS the Black Orchid's EDT version. We finally agreed to disagree and now I've a lot of this to go through. It's OK - it has really a quite lovely scent on the top notes - that's probably because that is where it smells most like Black Orchid, which I adore ... the mid-notes are very subtle, but I'm catching a little bit like caramel or something in there - very sweet. The dry-down is nice; clean like Black Orchid, but sweeter and more flowery. Those who are troubled by Black Orchid's "in your face" attitude might find this one more to their liking, since it is softer and more lady-like.

autumn89
autumn89

This is really beautiful, and very complex. It lasts a very long time.

On my skin, after the floral topnotes disappear, its very oriental. Cinnamon, plum, sandalwood and a touch of creaminess from the warm milk.

A must try and smells great on guys too!

guest_sweetone
guest_sweetone

very old vintage and old dusty flowers that betty in 1952 left in her house on her table and her scent lingered after she went out the door for tea. ...to sum this up it stinks....threw it away!

adele l
adele l

I like this better than black orchid which is interesting as well..it has amazing sillage on me and it doesn't lose its oomph when the opening notes fade. But it is quite imilar to b.o. with some violet in the top notes.

Classy, colplex scent. Easily worn by men and women.

Starts off very floral but dries down very spicy on my skin. The cinnamon is very prominent, as is the sandalwood and the resin. The warm milk adds a touch of creaminess. It lasts forever.

Beautiful. Give it a try. Perfect if you found Black Orchid too "filthy".

Aysu
Aysu

I love florals sits on a vanillic or woody base and this is a great example for that.. This one is softer and less spicy, comparing to Black Orchid, but still a remarkable perfume. Together with white flowers, I can feel plum and cinnamon too and fragrance gets better and creamy as it dries down.

sky76sky
sky76sky

Sometimes patchouli combines with honeyed plum & (to my nose) gives the suprise scent impression of fruity pond-water....it happened with John Varvatos, & to a certain extent with X2O Extraordinary for Woman.

Even more suprisingly, this stage is not unpleasant! The sweet fruity hit is tempered by a still, natural, earthy, watery vibe which makes you think of a beautiful white lakehouse with exotic flowers at sunset, crickets playing, low flying swallows skimming the water.

All is mellow & then the creamy gardenia starts to bloom & bloom & bloom! Be warned: it is a bold & pervasive floral scent - one that could well trigger headaches in sensitive types but will be greeted by those who like a little sillage.

The longer it remains on the skin the sweeter & more cinnamon-floral it becomes. But I wait. & wait. Wait for the depth & daring "black" side to appear....& I am left disappointed.

Here is a nice "big" scent for very womanly women who know what they want. However, I felt SURE I would uncover a fragrance with character & star qualities & this sadly does not live up to all the hype. No sale.

belletresor
belletresor

Mmmmmm.

Cannot really add much more insight to the great reviews already posted here on BOVDF, except to say that my impression is:
Warm, milky, creamy violets;
Cinnamon-sprinkled caramelized notes;
A small vase of ylang ylang and tuberose...

Rich, yet not cloying. Noticeable in a good way. Stays close to the wearer, so it is sultry yet soft. I have not had enough experience with Black Orchid yet, so can't comment on the comparison, but I CAN say that this is feminine enough for the office without yelling "SEDUCTRESS" too loudly. I find it unusual and hopefully men will find it attractive and intriguing in a dusky way (as opposed to my more "behaved" and "ladylike" fragrances such as Bulgari Pour Femme, John Varvatos and Jessica McClintock.)

LOVE IT! Very unique!

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

it started quite flowery and old age perfume, and after about half an hour to one hour it started geting more and more fruite and in the same time, more interesting. On left hand i had the first bO, and the right, the blvf, although i was geting more and more fascinated by the blvf, people i asked- especially men- pointed the left hand, when i asked them what they prefered....

jmhorsager
jmhorsager

My husband took this perfume and has been wearing it and he smells so good in it. It is masculine, yet tender noted. I bought if for me, and I would never ask for it back after smelling it on him. The chemistry of a man brings out different notes and ladies if you want your man to smell irrisistable this is the fragrance to buy him. He will love it.

weegee
weegee

Ah, I think this might be called "Nuit de Fracas" or perhaps "Fracas Noir"! Fracas' gardenia is cloying to my nose except in the tiniest of spritzes but THIS, this is gardenia darkened with black orchid and the zippy tang of black pepper and there's nothing overly sweet or cloying here at all.

The ylang ylang draws me in, the lily makes me feel welcome and then there's something of a caramel note as well that's truly tasty, but I've no idea where that might come from except perhaps the milk note? Sniffing... sniffing... Yes! it's the milk mixed with resins and pepper creating a sweet & spicey chai latte note. Oh, yeah, this is a winner.

A gardenia fragrance I like immediately with no reservations...wow, will wonders never cease?!

Mals86
Mals86

I found BOVdF to sit happily at the crossroads where "heady floriental" and "comfort scent" meet - sort of a sensuous flower pudding, if you will. It is both creamy-spicy and voluptously deep, and clung close to my skin for several hours without being overpowering. (I dabbed from a sample vial.) Wore it to work two days in a row, and could only smell it either close to my wrist or when I moved my arms.

I have not tested the original Black Orchid, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of overlap between lovers of BOrchid and this scent - if you loved the original, you found this one too puny, and if you liked VdF, Black Orchid chased you out of the room, apparently.

I found VdF very feminine, and had no trouble wearing it in an office setting, but when I reapplied after work, my husband was very appreciative. (Oh, yes.)

Edit: I did finally try the original Blk Orchid - and hated it. That strange cocoa-dust-cucumber angle did not suit me (I might like to smell it on a man, though). I much, MUCH prefer Voile de Fleur for myself. Too bad it's discontinued.

cattywitch
cattywitch

yummmmm! I feel sexy,I feel vampy, I feel desireable when I wear this fragrance, but then an hour after I've applied it, I wonder what happened, where did that wonderful scent go!!

ljira
ljira

This is my cup of tea, my piece of cake, my fruit basket, my bunch of flowers.
Daring, intense opening splashes like first spring rain. After a while all the power fades out and white flowers with black orchid on top, spread their scented pettals with juicy black plum and spicy black pepper. A drop or two of vanilla, cinnamon, sandalwood,..

It has a mistery that cries to be exposed. It is black like black satin or black lace.
It has shifty sauce which is for a day use, relaxed.
Average longevity , but I forgive it, because it has such rich composition that makes my heart beats faster and complete enjoyment in its notes.
Ah, yes. One testing is meaningless.

chance25
chance25

This is one of the few perfumes I have that I can whiff from the bottle and instantly fall in love. It's the perfect mix of white floral and gourmand notes. Each chosen and done to perfection. It's a real treat for my nose, and my only wish is that it would last longer than say 3 hrs., other than that it's HG status.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

After having read numerous positive reviews, I allowed myself the luxury to buy VDF unsniffed and... it completely missed my expectations. I imagined something dark and mysterious, something creamy and seductive but alas :( Don't get me wrong - it is not a bad perfume at all but it is kind of boring. I imagined it to have something more than simple gardenia scent in the drydown. I like the truffle notes and the cinnamon and resins too but they leave my perfumista heart indifferent and do not last long on my skin. I remember testing the original BO at an airport and it was a different story, dark and bewitching. If you don't want to be disapponted, definitely try before buying!

allexa27
allexa27

lots of women like BO and VDF,but i cant.I tried with BO but i gave it away..Now i have VDF and I also can get used to it.It doesnt give me any emotions....it is not interesting to me at all.I am angry that i bought it unsniffed.I hope that i willl like it in time...who knows?!

t for two
t for two

I love it!!!!!! It is soo beautifull on cool night!!Even winter ,but for sure night! Pure sudection!!!Long lasting !!BO and VDF are such a naughty sisters!It is for a woman that get's everything with just a look!!!!

essija
essija

This is heavy on the Gardenia and Honeysuckle notes. Imo this is much heavier than black orchid. Though I prefer BO to VDF I do like The more floral notes I get from VDF. Would be nice to wear on certain occasions but I don't know if my office could handle this one, but I will give it a try, b/c I wear whatever I want anyway!

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

Much too "white floral" for my taste--I prefer the original by far. However, if you like fragrances like Fracas and other big floral scents, try this one. It is very well done.

royallprincess
royallprincess

I sampled this one day in Sephora with a couple other perfumes, and this one overpowered them all. Just one little spritz was VERY strong. I personally don't want people to smell me coming before I even enter a room because I'm sympathetic to people with fragrance sensitivities (like my mom) but if you want to make your presence known through scent than this might be for you.

woogyjones50
woogyjones50

I'm probably in the minority here because I prefer Black Orchid to this scent. I am guilty of always going for the most outspoken perfume I can find, so I found Voile de Fleur to not have the personality that Black Orchid has. I do have to say that once it was on my skin for a couple of hours,all I could smell was gardenia. I did not get any of the vanilla and milky creaminess I was hoping to find. So with my chemistry, I am missing out on the drydown others are finding which is disapointing.

There is a difference between Black Orchid and this scent so if you were scared off from Black Orchid, this could be a nice one to try.

Sensuos
Sensuos

EccentricJ, sorry to approach You here (i tried to send you a private messagge and i couldn't) - where have you got the BO sample from?

eccentricJ

I finally got my sample of this in the mail and I love it!!!!!! definitely something special. Warm and sensual scent that works for date night, I couldnt stop smelling my wrist.

eccentricJ

Does anyone know where you can find tom ford samples online? Very interested in black orchid...thanks!

Aeternitas

I had a mix up and I realized that this isn't the one I hate...it's the one I love! The original Black orchid is what I don't like.

Aeternitas

So, I fell in love with Black Orchid... however, this Black Orchid Voile de Fleur was horrid! I was expecting from it as much of a surprising impact as the original Black Orchid had on me, but as soon as I spritzed it, blech! It was gross. The black truffle note really set me off. It's a very heavy fragrance, kinda weighed my nose down. Could just be me, but it was similar to Aquolina's Chocolovers, only stronger. Chocolate tastes good, but not suitable for wearing when it comes to my taste!

What seems to be the case in most reviews is the same... people loved Black Orchid, but weren't too turned on by this one.

takemyhusbandplz
takemyhusbandplz

My first impression after spraying is that Black Orchid Voile smells like Alupent cough syrup. My husband was on the other side of the room when I sampled this and he said it smelled like (and I quote), "Essence eau Carnivale Midway". While I don't share in my hubbies complete hate for Black Orchid, I certainly don't love it either. Surprisingly, there's hardly any detectable florals here. It has an antiseptic cinnamon scented note which is the most dominiant note on my skin. Even after a hour it hasn't changed, it's very linear and boring. Not my cup of tea. The bottle design is cute tho. I would definiately try before buying.