Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Black Violet Tom Ford for women and men

Black Violet Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

Black Violet by Tom Ford is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women and men. Black Violet was launched in 2007. The nose behind this fragrance is Clement Gavarry. Top notes are bergamot, citruses and fruity notes; middle note is violet; base notes are oak moss and woodsy notes.

Bergamot Citruses Fruity Notes

Violet

oak moss Woodsy Notes

Numero Uno
Black Rose Oud

Black Violet Fragrance Reviews

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - slightly woody fruited violets.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, day or night.

Projection - I didn't get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 8hrs consistently.

landshark321
landshark321

Tom Ford Black Violet, another discontinued Private Blend member, is a sharp floral, with woody and powdery elements. It's overall very feminine in my opinion and doesn't sit well on my skin. I can't make out many notes besides the violet itself. The note breakdown lists citrus and fruit at the top, which is possible, but it wasn't very strong or bright. The woodsy notes at the bottom are certainly the anchor but are still overwhelmed by the violet.

Decent on projection and longevity, I imagine this might work well for some women, and even some men, but it's definitely not for me.

5 out of 10

sukisiamese
sukisiamese

From the moment I place Black Violet on my skin, I feel as though I wandered off a path and I'm lost - but I feel comforted as though I'm being hugged by an ethereal forest with damp violets and warm rain constantly keeping me company.

bamapachyderm
bamapachyderm

I just don't get what it is about this fragrance - I loved it just a couple months ago but now it's a fruit salad in my face and I don't like fruity scents. :(
I ended up spraying VCA Feerie over it to give the violet a boost and tone down that fruit. It helped, but I'm glad I only bought samples of BV instead of a full bottle - I really expected more.

justtwan
justtwan

I love this so much that I bought at least enough to wear everyday for 2 years before poof no more. My wife goes back and forth on this one, one day she likes it next time yuck lol but I truly don't care because it draws so many compliments like I love your perfume and women fanning it towards their nose with both hands like come to me as they admire this, hell I've even been followed around department stores by women threatening to do something to me. Wow what a staple to own great in all ways.

theladymay
theladymay

I had to break policy and buy a full bottle of this. Violet and light fruit notes on top of heavenly, heady oakmoss with rich wood, hints of spice, and a few drops of bergamot in the drydown. I don't get powder or sweetness at any point. I've never encountered a violet fragrance quite like this one and I love it. It has no resemblance to Black Orchid that I can detect except for the name - it's an entirely softer, more subtle and elegant perfume. Sillage for me is modest to close, longevity is very good. I don't find that it leans either masculine or feminine.

houstcs
houstcs

Anyone know what this and Byredo Bullion have in common? They smells identical to me and it's not a good thing. One of the notes really stand out in my nose and it smells like old breath if you can imagine that. Not bad breath, but a stale breath.

Flayvian
Flayvian

I received a free sample of this from an eBay seller. At first I was glad I didn't pay for it. The opening is very astringent and didn't impress at all. It settles down quite well though and I could smell violet and have found some hours later it smells lovely and woody. It's quite long lasting, which is unusual for me, so I quite like this one.

magistar0
magistar0

I really want to smell many tom ford,but this one particulary.Is this perfume still producing,and do someone knows,what perfume is the most similar to this black violet,and that is frome some other designer?

LillyBelle
LillyBelle

My review from a new 50ml bottle.
It opens up somewhat loud. But really lovely.
It settles down quickly.
It's a class act as I have found with TF's.
It is a mix of fruit and violet at first.
I didn't get a big punch of citrus.
Not a sickly sweet scent. Just creamy and delightful.
Then the woods and oak moss get involved. Not overbearing... just a slight mix into the violet and
fruit. No musky smell. It is a different violet than I've experienced before. Very deep and mysterious.
More classy and smooth. It lasted on me 6+ hours. The
dry down is just as pleasing as the opening. Lovely for men and women.
Such a shame this is now discontinued. Silage also very good.

Over all 9 out of 10 rating

racheldaylewis
racheldaylewis

I bought a sample set from eBay. I couldn't wait to open the box of 4ml precious jewels, knowing that my 4ml Jasmin rouge blind buy was heartbreakingly successful (it'll be ages before I can get a bg bottle of anything).

Black Violet was the first bottle I opened. Since it sounded so interesting I had to get a whiff of this juice. At first sniff I thought of the flasks of old lady perfume my grandma has. None I have ever heard of. It was just so pungent. So I closed it up testing the others.

A few days later I unearthed it from its resting place....once on the skin many stages occur as this evolves into something very lovely.

As I learn more about detecting notes I will be sure to update.

I have only worn mainstream scents and although I love them (ck euphoria being my #1) i have decided to journey down the rabbit hole in pursuit of a signature scent, learning about niche houses notes and hopefully getting my hands on some interesting juice and classic smells along the way (this being my public chronicle)

I'll happily receive any recommendations from veterans if you feel kind enough to share any knowledge

Rachel

dkny27
dkny27

Oh the oakmoss! Among the violets and darker fruity background.... Settling down with some splinters of dry woods... B-R-A-V-O!
This a very sultry purple scent, resonates the feel of purple velvet...
Not much more to add from previous reviews... Only it's a shame such creative scents aren't more readily available and remain in production....

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This is such a unique perfume - one of those that you really can't compare anything to. Hard to find, as well, in my understanding! It's also very addicting.

The main parts of this fragrance are NOT violet, as the name would otherwise suggest. The opening is mega fresh citrus, with a hint of that oakmoss borderline "dirty-ing" up the fragrance. It's pretty bitter and sour for a few minutes, but still deep with something lurking behind. Shortly after, some of the violet & woods open up as supporting roles, and the composition is a dark, dirty, deep-fruity floral, very signature Tom Ford. The dry-down is much more mild, it gets slightly powdery like makeup, and begins to smell a little "old school". Certainly more wearable at that point.

This is not a soft, candy violet like Berdoues' Violette Divine, nor is it a powdery floral like Histoire's Blanc Violette. It's something entirely different, pretty addicting, something that may not be everybody's cup of tea!

(And, this is one of the very few perfumes I have that "Fill the room". I sprayed it in the kitchen, left, came back five minutes later for a glass of water, and walked into a huge scent cloud, BABOOM!)

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

I received a bottle with a few ml left as one of many extras in a swap from one of our generous Fragrantican members. Many thanks, sweetie!
I never had a chance yet to try a TF fragrance, so this really came as a unique and wonderful surprise! :)
My S/O find it to be very sexy!
It's definitely a woody scent, slightly spicy, slightly earthy. There's a bit of sweetness from the fruits in the opening, but it's extremely mature.
Slightly powdery.
It's absolutely a completely different take on Violet compared to Violet scents I've tried so far.
Quite potent and lasting too!

lisa.flynn.399
lisa.flynn.399

I love the opening of this, but the drydown is too musty for me, like clothes that have been left in the washing machine too long before they were dried....

I thought I would have to get rid of this, even though I love the fruity opening. Then I discovered that with a small spritz of Lolita Lempicka half way through the day, this little beauty is revived and refreshed, and the mustiness never comes out too strongly. If you have Lolita Lempicka and this, give layering them a try. Just a tiny bt of Lolita, mind you.

Majesty
Majesty

Black Violet is a woody spicy violet scent that reminds me a little of Miller Harris Rose en Noir although Black Violet doesn't contain rose. It is loud and kind of astringent in the opening then it settles down to a woody violet scent,to me this is a violet beast!Powerful,woody and slightly powdery. Slightly harsh, I smelled strong oakmoss too.To all those who love strong violet scents with a spicy attitude you may give this a try. Very good lasting power like most of Tom Ford's perfumes.

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

I'm so disappointed..I don't get any of the lovely violet the other reviewers are talking about. I get that weird fruit compote scent in the opening that is also present in the opening of Black Orchid, and a lot of bitter oakmoss. I guess as it dries down the violet comes out some, but the oakmoss really killed it for me, sadly. I wanted to like this so badly but I couldn't justify spending that much on something I'll hate for the first 40 minutes I have it on!

Germany
Germany

Love this powdery violet beauty. I would buy it in a blink but for two things. It's discontinued and the dry down is a little weak and not as heavenly then the strong fresh beginning. The citrus is quickly lost and you are left with a mossy type of musty smell. Still very pleasant but not as amazing as in the first hour. I hope Tom f brings out another violet beauty to replace this one. Or has he already and I just don't know. . ? If anyone knows of another TF that contains violets and possible sandelwood , let me know. ... that would be a ticket to heaven !

Ambience
Ambience

For some reason, this reminds me of an old toy I used to have back in the 90s. A scented my little pony, pretty sure it was a purple coloured one. Amazing what can evoke memories!!
But this is a beautiful, powdery soft violet, with definite fruit! Gorgeous :)

aphexacid
aphexacid

Powerful, powerful, powedery violet. Ridiculous longevity, and above average projection.

This is not what i want to smell like. It reminds me of something an older woman would wear.

SeverinoDuJour

I go to buy this, as I was roped in and addicted by the incredible scent (see my review below), and was told that TF has discontinued this scent. Tom Ford, you dirty rotten #%U$*&^ RO*&^O$#$ $%^&$^$%!!! You get someone addicted, and then you pull the supply? Are you mad? This stuff is a slice of heaven. I think I'm gonna have to hate you, even though PB scents drive me pretty mad...Had to order a bottle on line, which I'm kinda loathe to do when the scents are delicate. The time it takes to get to you, it's laying in whatever wearhouses to be shipped, then it gets hot/cold, wherever it is sitting, etc. Got my bottle, but it's not quite as fantastic as the sample directly from Neiman. Whatevah...close enough...but how could you discontinue it man??? Shanghai Lily is close, but way lighter and no smokiness. Freak out!

Ditta70
Ditta70

Oh. My. God. This fragrance is as dangerous as Marcel Proust's madeleines... Get yourself half a bottle of your fave wine, get into the hammock between two prunus trees in your garden, open the bottle, spray it on, and the rest of your summer afternoon is taken care of. Be ready for a host of memories, loads of longing, nameless desires and wild fantasies.

Enjoy both of your sides, the feminine (at the beginning) and the masculine (later on), let yourself drift wherever this amazing scent takes you.

P.S. Three hours later...the ending is, well, surprizing. The drydown is absolutely masculine, in an old fashioned, slightly musty way. Very different from the rest of the story this scent tells at the beginning. I would almost say I am disappointed in the end...
P.P.S. Still later...what a disgraceful end...the whole story now reminds me of Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray. Splendid, dashing, glorious for a long time, then a nasty, ugly ending.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

This reminds me of one of those fruity smells girls (and sometimes guys) used to wear throughout high school. You know the shampoos scented with strawberry or apple.

This smells like the inside of a blackberry tart or warm grape jelly.

Not too flattering or mature.

desertrat
desertrat

Because I love my Clive Christian X but not the price, coupled with so many great reviews, I did a very hopeful blind buy yesterday of Black Violet... With much anticipation the first spritz was really interesting, even a bit chocolate. Then a similar and familiar fragrance began to evolve. OMG! It's Trish McEvoy's Black Rose Oud! I know the notes are not the same, but it's a dead ringer. If you like TM Black Rose Oud, you will like TF Black Violet... PS... WADR... and IMHO... TF Black Violet is not Clive Christian X.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

I don't know about any of the notes listed, but let me tell you what I get.... A bright start but with a patchouli depth that begins to quickly direct the fragrance to a darker place. Smokey, warm and cool all at once without being heavy it persists in a rich tapestry of colours of smells that (would that they had a colour) be jewel tone shades of violet, burgundy and green with a light thread of beige connecting them all.

I do not find that the mossy note overtakes the scent, but rather enhances it in a just-enough-to-be-the-leader kind of way. It's Indian incense tone takes me to a comfortable place of serenity and keeps me there for hours!

Women should wear this! This is what Black Orchid wishes it was!

kazewayz
kazewayz

This one is great for summer. It's fruity, floral, musky, and woody. Although it says unisex, I'd say this would be better on a women the dry down is just too feminine for my taste. The opening was fresh and citrusy and it seemed masculine but then it evolved into a more feminine scent. Quality scent. For an older women in my opinion. Try it.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Nothing is ordinary about this heady scent.
Everything is naturally extraordinary.
Extraordinary or even extravagant, manufactured for a hedonistic lifestyle of sustainable beauty and excentric elegance.
How wonderful!

Overt hedonistic sexiness of ....
TOM FORD at his apex designing for GUCCI!

A Humid Hothouse of Florals exuding strong scent of SEX
beautiful Men lost in boredom of a
lush ORCHID filled room
or is it Sensual Torpor...
wearing a GUCCI Black Shirts...and nothing else....

Rubelli VENETIAN opulance takes over
a purple laser cut velvet floral dress
languid and luxe...
Charlotte Rampling as imagined by HELMUT NEWTON
at the NEGRESCO Hotel in Nice
MAD and BAD and Dangerous to know...

this fragrance promises danger....loudly

saturated scent which arouses strong sensations,
in its pure essence, it dominates the space.
after seducing you ....
it retreats into the shadows of
of those luxurious velvets...
sweet fruity notes linger ... as they deliver us to reality

we....luxuriate in spreading
confiture de myrtilles sauvages, wild berry jam
over our Blinis
realizing that the BELUGA caviar has long
been finished....
ahhhhh how decadent ...

cohibadad
cohibadad

This is just beautiful. Plunged into a violet world. Definitely feminine, wearable on men, but dayum this aroma is wonderful.

SeverinoDuJour

All about violets, violets, violets. It's as if Tom Ford sez ok, how many ways can I present violets in the same bottle. First blast is LOUD - Violets and Smokey. Smells feminine but the smokey/woody/earthy gives it a masculine vibe. Smelled like someone was burning old violets, but the violets wanted to hang on through the smoke. Flowers/smoke - interesting. This is a dark scent and made me think of winter (I live in hot Florida and thought I was gonna perfume the whole state). This stage lasted on me about 20-30 mins.

Then Mr. Ford sez, ok, let's take that down a notch and mix violets with Bergamot and throw in a hint of citrus...this stage was violets, but more clear and clean, the smokeyness was gone and loud had become bright, clean bit violets. This i liked and felt a more masculine stage. I asked a female colleague what she smelled and she said, I can't smell anything (In my head i said good!). But when she moved into the place I had been standing for a couple minutes, she said, oh now i can smell it, it smells somewhat like Polo. (OK, she's amateur but that to me meant fragrance good for a man). However, scent had already dried down a lot.

Lastly ToFo sez, ok, time for creamy violets. Geeezuz, beautiful scent, but very close to skin for me. Put it on at 5:30pm and by 8:00pm was pretty much gone. But very faint creamy violets still there. Mmmmmmm.

Home and laid down to quietly read...Surprise! Here is steady but faint smokey violets again continuing to waft genlty but darkly. I think wearing this fragrance is mostly about wearing what I like just for me, not to let other's enjoy or score compliments. To me, it was very personal, like I was hanging out in my own personal earthy violet garden and my neighbor was burning leaves. A very unusual scent...have not worn anything like this before, but...I Love It!

mubes89
mubes89

One of my summer favourites. It's a nice floral with a lot of citrus.. Very masculine scent in the beginning but dries down very soft and feminine.

Muzoona
Muzoona

For me it is day perfume. reminds me the dry fruit..

عطر نهاري و يذكرني بالفواكة المجففة

mimikins24
mimikins24

Beginning with a bergamot/citrus note that quickly fades, and violet comes to the forefront. This is a sweeter, thicker version of violet than in many perfumes.

I am a fan of the traditional violet & cedar combination in many fragrances, but the "wood" note here is richer and darker than that. I get the feeling more of redwood than cedar. The oakmoss gives a bit of dusty dirt, which conjures a forest image for me.

The drydown becomes more powdery, but it still makes me think of violets blooming on a dark mossy forest floor.

When first sprayed it is a bit "loud", but it fades and settles in nicely by one hour. I try to spray this one a bit before I plan to the leave the house. Good longevity.

As long as I am careful with the dosage, I think this is a perfectly acceptable day/work scent, but add an extra spray or maybe layer over leather or wood and it is a dynamic, seductive night fragrance. Suitable for men and women.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This fragrance opens with bergamot and light citrus with the violet always present. Violet becomes more prominent after about 30 minutes and later on, the skin reflects the violet balanced delicately with the woody, mossy notes. This scent is very beautiful on my skin and the violet is not too sweet. I like the more "masculine" aspects of this fragrance, the citrus, wood and oakmoss which keep the usually overly sweet violet in check and smelling lovely. Very wearable by a woman or a man in my opinion.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Luscious, sinful dark and juicy. It's a little syrupy to me, and has that gummy texture of violets but it's a deep savory gummy, not innocent gummy like violets usually are .

Altogether kind of smells like chocolate (weird) and sweet plums . It's romantic with a bad side .

kxnaiades
kxnaiades

I was expecting something darker from it's name, but am pleased with my blind FB buy off Ebay anyway. It's violets, fruits, woody and bergamot that I am getting from this. Nothing powdery, not too sweet, but I would think this is more feminine than unisex. I can't really say it's got citrus in it despite some of the reviews given and the notes it's quoted as having, but to each their own discernment, that's the fun of perfumes anyway! As a blind buy and an expensive one at that, I'm happy this came out as a full and pleasant experience that I'll gladly repeat. But I won't rank this as my top 5 even though I'm partial to violet scents.
After finding myself reaching for this more often than any of the others in the violet section of my drawer, I have to scratch what I wrote above and put this firmly in my "favourites" section. It's got fantastic longevity for a violet scent which is a huge plus point for me and I realise now that it's aptly named as black violet for it is ever so dark compared to the delicate violets of most perfumes carrying the flower. I still stand by my opinion that this is more feminine than unisex but this isn't a soft spoken delicate beauty, it's more vamp than not.

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

So just acquired this about a week ago...this has very little in common with Black Orchid on my skin. Black Orchid is a beast..this is a bit more tamed not to mention this is violet dominated while Orchid has none on my skin. This is very, very, very unique for a warmer weather fragrance. I say it can be pulled off by women easier but this shouldn't detour men. The oakmoss and woodynotes play very well with the Violet the violet is creamy and darker not a pretty violet. Overall this is a must have for me. For blending purposes I put it with Oud Wood and it was beautiful also plays very nice with Japon and again with Tuscan

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

Black Violet is a very unique scent with retro vibe. Violets are juxtaposed with fruity notes here, mainly plum. It starts with the burst of citruses and dries down to amazing mossy~woody base. Better for the warmer weather and warm nights. It gives you this feeling of darkness, class and sophistication. Perfectly unisex but test it before buying it.

Sa Majeste la Rose
Sa Majeste la Rose

Well, this one would be a very good perfume if it wasn't exactly like Tom Ford's Black Orchid on my skin. I do not dislike it, but I feel cheated...

Quade
Quade

I adore Black Violet, i think its much more interesting and much more refined than Violet Blonde (Which came up bland and smelt unfinished for me). Violet Blonde offers a balance of Powdery and Juicy violet with a woodiness that creates a scent that strikes a perfect balance of being able to be worn by both women and men. People have mentioned a smokiness or ashtray like quality and the fragrance definetly has that but its beautifully complimented by the Violet. Sorta makes me think of someone smoking a cigarette in a field of Violets. The fragrance dries down to something sopay but that beautifull smokiness still remains with a hint of citrus which helps the fragrance avoid smelling dirty. The lasting power is phenomenal and the projection is great

stevolution
stevolution

I wanted to like this, but it reminds me too much of Sagamore(Lancome)....a somewhat darker verson.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Got an 8ml sample of this and I quite like it - not as violet as I had expected being a huge fan of violets! My joy, however, turned to sadness after a few hours as my wrists started to react badly to one of the ingredients (or a combination) and redden and itch madly :(

EDIT: not to be put off I returned to see if I break out and so far I haven't! However, to be honest the opening of this smelt so much like Zest soap (couldn't figure out the slightly familiar smell until my neighbour asked do Zest make a perfume now LOL) and I STILL cannot pick up any violets !!!!!! *waits* Humm not a lot happening for me here and I really don't get on with this inasmuch as I always hated the smell of Zest soap !!!!!!

suile
suile

After the initial notes, which are very similar to Black Orchid, it dries down to a beautiful, definite scented violets on a forest floor ambience. The only thing that stopped me buying it was the size of the bottle, it would take forever to use up. Can someone convince Tom Ford that he needs to produce a set of miniatures of his fragrances, stylishly packaged in some chic minimalist way ?

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

The first sniff of the nozzle had me excited, I thought of Narciso Rodriguez and his obsession with musk. " oh, that's getting a skin test" I thought.
Sadly, the story was much different once a sprayed it on my hand.
The opening was heavily sour and unpleasant.
Well half an hour later the sour citrus have died off and the floral, woody musk is afoot. Silage with these kind of scents is lower than my taste demands, and for good reason min you, because you would literally suffocate if it was met.

Overall, the initial application is elegantly horrible, the drydwon is much nicer though, the silage is as good as it can be without killing life.

seaofghosts
seaofghosts

I'm not sure what to make of this yet. I got the 100ml bottle without even smelling it before buying. Silly I know but I have done that with 6 different perfumes this month, 5 of them being TF Private Blends. My first initial thought when smelling this was "oh god, what have I done". I still don't love it but I think I will come to enjoy it as time goes on. Subconsciously that may be because what a waste of a couple hundred dollars if that would be if I didn't. When I was at the TF counter last week my boyfriend and I finally got to test them all, this was the one he really liked. For me, time will tell but I don't think it'll ever be a favourite.

I've worn it for a few hours now and the scent its evolving. It reminds me of Chanel No.5 funnily enough. I think you need a really strong personality to pull this off too. It's a bit old lady for me.

culm1111
culm1111

zmyslowa fajna woda bardzo trwala klasyczna chwilami mam wrazenie ze dla kobiet chociaz i dla faceta ujdzie

floof
floof

This was my favorite perfume and signature scent for a couple of years. A chypre (i see some reviews ripping on the oakmoss on here- but thats a key element of a chypre). I think it is more feminine than masculine, but still unisex- some of the men in my life have loved it when I wear this and wore it themselves when the opportunity arose. It is pretty strong but despite that has rather mediocre lasting power on me which has led me to layer it with clive christians x or killians cruel intentions. Some perfumes, i just breeze through, but i have only purchased one small bottle of this in my life and it has a little less than half the bottle remaining after about 2+ years of use. I can see how much is left because unfortunately I traveled with black violet and shampoo in the same ziplock and the shampoo leaked! All of the black covering on the bottle began to peel off and now it is a mostly clear, ugly looking bottle- but the juice inside is wonderful, deep, dark, woodsy, fruity, floral, mysterious and most importantly beautifully supports the prominent note of violet. I love tom ford and my messed up bottle doesnt make me too sad because i have another from his private collection on my dresser: tobacco vanille. I also own black orchid and black orchid voile de fluer along with a set of samples from the entire private collection! Keep the masterpieces comin' TF!

Some orientals go onto my skin just like a wet ashtray and this is one of those.It dries to soapy floral notes and stale smoke, like the clothes of someone who smokes after a long evening. It's not so bad I had to scrub it off, but I dislike this intensely. AND it WON'T scrub off, so staying power is unfortunately very good. Count me out on this one.

autumn89
autumn89

Like being trapped in a damp haunted forest in winter. Its strange and disturbing. On my skin it shares some similarities with Japon Noir.

After the citrus subsides it becomes mossy and very resinous. Its probably the darkest fragrance i own. Would be perfect for a goth.

This review may sound negative, but its not. I really love this perfume and think its very interesting; especially the way it changes over time. Not a perfect scent to cheer you up, but certainly interesting. It's longevity is like nothing i have ever encountered before, even in the other private blends which as a whole are very impressive longevity wise. It would last for days if you didnt wash. Give it a try! (the perfume, not the not washing)

adele l
adele l

This one seems to be a masculine fragrance- it must be the oakmoss heavy drydown-would be lovely on a man and rather heady as well

Cheri
Cheri

I love the name, Black Violet. But this combination actually hit me wrong and hurt my head. It's way too muchness. What is Mr Ford trying to cover up with this heavy blanket.
I don't even like it on another.
I would have scratched this back in the labratory.
sorry. This and Black Cashmire and Pablo Picasso are three toxic dumps for my olfactory department.
bugs spray.

pirata
pirata

This is a great fragrance with immense lasting power on my skin. Its very floral its indeed a unisex fragrance, more so than others on the private collection. I read that some of the fragrances on the collection can be worn together and noticed that this one in particular goes EXTREMELY well (in my opinion) with Tuscan Leather. Wow, it amazed me how well the two went together. If you have the privelage of owning those two or the whole collection for that matter, I highly recommend you try it for yourself and give me your opinion. Regardless this fragrance is beautiful on its own, and probably one of my favorites of the collection.

mymlan
mymlan

This is a unisex fragrance indeed. A citrusy opening developes into a very sensual violet fragrance. I adore this abundant part of dark, velvety and juicy violet. But after some minutes it gradually becomes reminiscent of an aromatic fougere... How strange? Masculine tunes of wood and oak moss appears and settles into the scent and after quite a short time these notes completely dominates the scene.

I begin to feel strange and almost haunted by these woodsy and mossy notes.

Still, I would really love to smell this one on a man. The lingering hint of sweetness from the violet in combination with the more obvious woody and mossy chords creates a very sensual fragrance. Smelling Black Violet on the right person would make my heart pound harder for sure.

rebella

It took a while to get around to try this. Well, what is it to say about Black Violet then?

You can read my review about Black Orchid, this is about the same.

Incredible, gorgeus almost the best violet top notes I´ve smelled in a perfume. Interesting, fresh yet almost spell binding. This violet must grow in an enchanted forrest. It´s vibrant, glowing, I swear I could almost hear it! I´m stunned! Yes, please... how is it possible with such outer wordly top notes... and then... again! Nothing! Or rather murky, horrible, horrible yes, really horrible oakmoss. And not anything else.

Oh, no the poor, beautiful violet is eaten by a oakmoss swamp monster. Shaaaas your ugly, old, dusty thing!

Sorry, but Tom Ford´s perfumes are kind of like evil nightmares for me, first so beautiful and amazing and then... all the beauty is kind of crushed! Oh why?

By the way, that oakmoss thing goes on and on and on... Forever and ever.

I think it will eat me as well if I try it again! Help.

alex12cats
alex12cats

love it, love it, love it!!!
It's dark and sensual. I usually wear fresh and citrus based perfumes like some of the Annick Goutal or Jo Malone ones. But one smell of this and i kept going back for more. Despite the cost, i treated myself to a bottle of
Black Violet". I have now also added "Japon Noir" to my collection.

Suzy
Suzy

I found this description: floral with notes of citrus, pulpy fruit accord, black violet, woody notes, oakmoss, Black Violet. It doesn't smell floral on me, just very warm and woodsy. I like it very much but think it's a bit more masculine than feminine so will give my sample to my husband.

zoka
zoka

There are the notes above now ;o)

I have tried some from Private Blend Collection, they are interesting.

rebella

I´m so curios about all Tom Ford fragrances, why aren´t any notes listed?

Have anyone here tried some of the fragrance that dosn´t have notes?