Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

Cafe Rose Tom Ford for women and men

Cafe Rose Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

coffee
Cafe Rose Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Cafe Rose Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

Cafe Rose by Tom Ford is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Cafe Rose was launched in 2012. Top notes are saffron, black pepper and may rose; middle notes are turkish rose, bulgarian rose and coffee; base notes are incense, amber, sandalwood and patchouli.

Saffron Black Pepper May Rose

Turkish Rose Bulgarian Rose Coffee

Incense Amber Sandalwood Patchouli

Evening Rose

Cafe Rose Fragrance Reviews

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

just got the sample from saks ^_^ thanks to the nice associates

this is so romantic and soft

just beautiful, might be my second private blend purchase

At first I could smell only coffee and rose, but later I can smell mostly spices. It is very nice fragrance, comforting, not 'loud', well balanced, but just a little bit too balsamic for me.

Alasse
Alasse

Oh Cafe Rose... Such a beautiful warm and intoxicating scent. A rose without the overwhelming aspect of it... A thing TF seems to get right every time: WELL balanced and modern. The incense is in no way the overwhelming note which I love... Portrait of a Lady slaps you in the face with incense while this one nicely blends in the background where it belongs.

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

I've never really appreciated rose fragrances until this one. Cafe Rose is warm, not too sweet, rich, very very calm, elegant - a perfect choice for a rainy day.

Like all Tom Fords Prive Parfumes, this one also has a hint of nostalgia, but it is a perfectly modernized version of vintage perfumery. It is very urban but you cannot escape its oriental gourmand quality of real turkish delight served with a dark black coffee. Istanbul? Oh, yes here I come.

4.5/5

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

As someone who typically despises rose notes in a fragrance - THIS is the masterpiece that may somehow, by some witchcraft, turn me into a lover of rose scents. I can only imagine what it would do for a rose fanatic!

All of Tom Fords fragrances give me this feeling of comfort, familiarity and nostalgia, and create this pang of sadness and heartbreaking beauty. All of his perfumes that I have subconsciously remind me of someone in my life, or some feeling I've had before, though I'm 100% positive that nobody I know wears TF fragrances.

That being said, Cafe Rose is one of the more understated Tom Ford fragrances, at least with my skin chemistry. The spicy/incense notes give it an edge of a "unisex" quality - the rose is crisp, gorgeous, clear, and gorgeous; It is not plastick-y, powdery, or cheesy at all. It seems to have an "essential oil" feel about it. This is something that will actually make me feel like a million bucks. Classy, delicious, sexy, sweet but edgy, I can't get enough.

(I have to say though, my nose is completely immune to the coffee accord in this fragrance. From the opening to the dry-down, I get zero coffee!)

PAK
PAK

A wonderful rose scent (lightly peppery) with a hint of fresh coffee grounds in the background (you get both the minty and fruity facets of rose). It’s not aggressive, but it’s there. Projection and longevity of this scent is above average. If you want to feel like a million bucks, use D.R. Harris Pink aftershave post shaving and "lightly" spray Tom Ford Cafe Rose...absolutely great!

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Café Rose isn't simply just a Rose `solifloré`, and the best and most interesting rendition of Roses that I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing in my life, but it's a Saffron and Incense perfume as well. It`s 3 juicy Roses, insanely bright and in full bloom for the first 4 hours or so, then Saffron, a dump truck full of Incense, Amber, buttery creamy Sandalwood with just enough Patchouli to create the illusion of dirt, but never dirty... that`s the drydown. There are some slight olfactory illusions of juicy fruits as well, some Peaches and Nectarines that are noticeable in the opening and heart which adds a generous amount of sweetness creating the illusion of a candied pink Rose, and the longevity of the 3 stages in this perfume is just amazing! Café Rose leans way past the cusp of Femininity, but I don't even care... the amount of brightness and purity of this juice honestly boggles my brain. I'm a guy, and I'll rock some Café Rose without even batting an eye, this perfume is that good. The opening of top notes is fairly quick, but it takes a good 4 hours to reach the `beginning ` of the drydown, and I can very easily say with confidence... the strongest and longest lasting perfume in the entire Private Blends line! I cannot even imagine one making it thru a 250ml decanter of this juice before it going sour because the tenacity of this juice is honestly absurdly long, and there`s some intense sillage to boot. Café Rose has `noticeable ` sillage well into the 12 hour range and is still detectable even after bathing, a few times. I mean, as beautiful as this juice is, it almost becomes taxing on your senses because it lasts so long, and the noticeable sillage is from yourself, so I can only assume that others can very easily smell this stunning perfume on you well past 24+ hours... impressive! The differences of wearing Café Rose from being `dabbed` onto your skin from a sample vile, rather than being atomized from the flacon is night and day... applying by the dab method from the sample produces the olfactory colour of bright pink, while the atomizer makes this pink flaming fluorescent, and the top notes of Black Pepper and May Rose are far more prominent when atomized, but only last a mere 15 minutes, so this shows that the top notes in Café Rose are extremely delicate and fleeting, so the dab method quickly crushes them into oblivion (minus Saffron, which shines and dominates well into the far drydown). It`s quite strange and very interesting that the heart accords last a good 4 hours, the transition from top to heart is amazingly smooth and quick, and if you blink you'll miss it, but the heart and basenotes are as strong as an Ox and hammer on like a freight train due to Café Rose`s concentration of absolute oils being in the realm of 31%... one of the strongest of the entire Private Blends line. I cannot detect any Coffee note in the heart what-so-ever. I've tried my hardest, even with imagination, and nothing... zero, zilch, not even the tiniest minute suggestion of it, so either I'm completely anosmic to it, or it`s so slight that's it's virtually undetectable, but I'm really quite enamored that Café Rose morphs into a floraly Incense bomb of a hippy den on skin from all that Incense, but this isn`t Frankincense `Incense `... it smells exactly like Satya Sai Baba`s Super Hit from the Indian Incense manufacturing company Shrinivas Sugandhalaya in the black and gray box, the same company that produces Nag Champa that comes in a blue box. It`s slightly wet from those overwhelmingly realistic juicy pink Roses, but the olfactory Nirvana of that stunning and handsome Incense and Saffron notes keeps everything from becoming too saturated with moisture and flying away into floral nautiousness. Honest to God, this is standing in a Rose garden with wet dirt on an oppressive hot and humid day somewhere in a Sandalwood forest in India surrounded by clouds of Incense. You can just feel the moisture from this stuff evaporating off of your skin. This is the only perfume that overwhelms my senses, physically and emotionally. The beauty of this juice is so over the top that it's like a drug in the sense that upon me smelling this, my brain releases a lot of dopamine, because Café Rose makes me happy, and I find myself craving it! No joke. I just cannot put into words the level of cleanliness that Café Rose projects. The Rose absolutes in this stuff are mind blowing and make Café Rose the brightest of the entire Jardín Noir line... it's insanely multi-faceted with loads of depth, and the cleanest perfume with 3 Roses I've ever experienced. This literally is liquid nose candy, and honestly, I seriously don't think it can get any better than this, and once again, I'm not exaggerating. It is my favorite of all the perfumes I own. I wish I could properly explain to you the sillage trails that Café Rose produces in the drydown, it's truly breathtaking! Very dusty and gauzy, pale pink from a receded pink Rose, but mass amounts of Incense and Saffron, slightly woody from Sandalwood, and balmy from that gorgeous Amber accord. It just reeks of quality and speaks volumes about the wearer. I repeatedly receive compliments galore by Men and Women about what perfume I'm wearing, but, I never tell. If you're a Rose lover, you'll fall for Café Rose, the quality of this juice is out of this world. This perfume also performs a neat little trick, where after the 4 hour mark, it seems to disappear, but returns even stronger as the cleanest most pure Saffron-Incense bomb that I've ever had the pleasure of wearing, and if you dab on some pure Patchouli oil your freakin` head will pop off!

As a side note: The opening, heart, and drydown of Café Rose resembles absolutely nothing of Noir de Noir although they both are Rose perfumes. Noir de Noir is a true Chypré, very dark, and morphs into an Oakmoss and Treemoss bomb with a hint of Black Rose in the drydown, becomes very dirty and resembles nothing of Café Rose, and although Café Rose is a true Chypré as well, but only containing Oakmoss and not Treemoss, it's extremely bright and clean, and these are 2 entirely different perfumes in composition and the way they both behave during their lifespan, although both of them are gorgeous in their own ways. I will say that Café Rose is for the daytime, and Noir de Noir for the evening...

As another even more interesting side note: Café Rose `does` contain Oakmoss, which is listed in the ingredient list about mid-way down on the back of the box, but is in such a minute quantity and blended so well that it is virtually undetectable to your nose, thank God, and I believe that this is why Café Rose has insanely tenacious longevity, because Oakmoss is an absurdly persistent note.

christianne1
christianne1

First let me say that near rose perfection is never "boring" for those who appreciate quality rose fragrances. When I first tried Cafe Rose I wasn't overwhelmed either. But after trying it a couple more times I realized what all the fuss was about. Cafe Rose is understated elegance, masterfully created and delicate yet powerful. The wafts that drift passed my nose all day melt me and I can't get enough.

Initially, compared to Noir de Noir, Cafe Rose was a bit of a let down. But then the simplicity of Cafe Rose grew on me. I think it takes a few full wearings to appreciate it. Cafe Rose is much more subtle and works for any occasion, day or night....and any time of year. It exudes understated class and doesn't try too hard.

The coffee is mild and just enough to give the rose an edge to it...keeps it from being too "rosy". It grounds it and gives it an earthy feel while still remaining elegant.

Note: I want to touch on something regarding olfactory fatigue. When I see a comment about a quality fragrance such as this disappearing after a half hour, I know this is not possible. Either a watered down sample was received or it must have been spot sniffed shortly after spraying when can result in significant olfactory fatigue and temporary hyposmia that can last for hours or even days in some cases. That is why people will say a fragrance disappeared but came back later in the day. In most cases, it didn't really go anywhere, their nose just started working again. If you find this happening with a certain fragrance, try avoiding breathing through your nose when you spray it and for as long as possible afterward. I have this problem with many high quality fragrances (because they are so potent) so I avoid breathing through my nose for at least 10 minutes if possible and I do NOT spot sniff anything ever. It solved the problem.

KasKas
KasKas

I had another scent made up in my mind (I thought of a smokey, sultry, come hither perfume), reading the notes I was sure I would love this....
But alas! A boring powdery and faint fragrance, doesn't last even a half hour on my skin...

Kain
Kain

One of the better rose based fragrances out there which smell very nice but it's very simple and kind of boring.
At the opening I can smell a fresh and sweet rose scent with huge dose of white musk and smoky incense.
The white musk give the rose a dirty animalic musky feeling which may be not for everybody but usually people are OK with the smell and they like it.
As time goes by the musky scent settles down and I can smell a little stronger smoky incense beside that rose.
It's simple and pleasant musky rose scent with noticeable amount of smokiness. that's it.
Where is coffee in this fragrance? I don't know!
Projection is awesome and longevity is around 8-10 hours on my skin.
I like it.

یه عطر خوب بر پایه رایحه رز که بوی خوب و شاداب رز میده و بوی بهشت زهرایی نداره به اون صورت اما در عین حال بوش خیلی ساده و خسته کنندس
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با ترکیب رایحه شاداب، ملایم و در عین حال شیرین رز شروع میشه که رایحه قوی مشک سفید و کمی رایحه دودی بخور اونو همراهی میکنن
رایحه مشک سفید یه بوی کثیف و حیوانی مانند و خاصی بهش میده که ممکنه هر کسی خوشش نیاد اما در مجموع بازخوردش خوبه بین عموم
با گذر زمان بوی مشک و اون حس حیوانی به مراتب ضعیف تر میشن و عطر کمی بوی تلخ تر و دودی تر به خودش میگیره
بوش خیلی خطی و ساده اس
من شخصا هیچ بویی از قهوه تو این عطر حس نکردم
فقط بوی تلخ و دودی رز به همراه رایحه مشک سفید
پخش بوش خیلی قوی و عالیه و ماندگاری بین 8 تا 10 ساعت روی پوست داره
در کل از بوش خوشم اومد اما کارای بهتر تو این سبک زیادن

bandarsaadseed

Rose perfume is enough of Tom Ford in terms of very magnificence and Alfoahan smell and consistency
MY RATING perfume:
Persistence: 8/10
Alfohan: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
I hope you experience the fragrance before you buy, and when you give it a chance to take a sample of it before they judge him quickly

عطر كافي روز من توم فورد روعه جدا من حيث الرائحة والفواحان والثبات
تقيمي للعطر :
الثبات:٨/١٠
الفوحان :١٠/١٠
الرائحة:٩/١٠
ارجو منكم تجربة العطر قبل الشراء وان تعطيه فرصة عند اخذ عينة منه قبل ان تحكم عليه بسرعه

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

One of my most favourite scents is the classic, common tea rose. It grows unassisted in the suburbs of Stockholm, between the concrete and the children playing on swings. It grows in the asphalt and graphite gardens between little entrances where people go up to their small apartments and where families from different parts of the world cook their unusual and tasty smelling dinners.
In my late teens and early twenties I used to sniff them every time I walked past, even though it usually wasn't even necessary, because the scent lingered in the balmy never ending twilight that is the Swedish summer night.

Cafe rose smells like a summer night when I was very young and very carefree. It is extremely calming, it is simple, nearly soliflore on me, there is tea blending in, perhaps a small cup of coffee resonating between the warmed up walls of the apartments, someone smoking a cigarette, a discreet giggle when a boy is kissing a girl goodbye on the doorstep. Urban romance. There is no refinery to this yet, it smells rich. Rich in it's simplicity and rich in memories.

I love Noir de Noir, this is not the same, nor do I think was it ever intended to be. NdN is several hours earlier. NdN has taken off her shoes or tie, the jacket, nonchalantly swinging over the shoulder, walking home after a particularly exhausting party. It is bright already, the dew lingers on the rose petals... Oh that kiss earlier was so nice... I will sleep and wake up and there might be a text message on my phone. And perhaps we shall dance again in the Swedish summer night.

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is a nice fragrance, is does have similarities to Noir de Noir with the creamy rose note, but they are different.

Both are rose based fragrances. Cafe Rose has a sweeter, lighter more floral rose scent. whereas, Noir de Noir is a darker rose with the oud and cocoa. I really do not smell coffee in this, maybe if you smell hard you can kind of smell unground coffee beans mixed in with the rose and florals? but its not a prominent note at all.

It is a nice fragrance, i like it and iam a man, but its bordering on feminine. i see it more as a Noir de Noir for women. if you have one of these there is no real reason to get the other. also if you are a man or woman looking for a slightly more masculine, complex and darker type of fragrances go with Noir de Noir. overall Cafe Rose is good it has ok projection and average longevity 6+ hours, 7/10.

Many people read too much into the names of fragrances, A lot of Tom Ford fragrances have very catchy and classy names that do not fully represent the scent, its just a way of marketing. but the name of the fragrance shouldn't really matter as long as it smells good, for example 'Tom Ford Azure Lime', what i get from it is a salty, mossy lime scent nothing 'Azure' about it but Azure Lime sounds and sells better than 'Salty Lime' or 'Mossy Lime' by Tom Ford.

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

I love this stuff. It really takes me somewhere. I'm not a fan of looking ostentatious, but I certainly don't mind smelling rich haha

Michael1962
Michael1962

Had a test spray of Cafe Rose recently and unfortunately I was underwhelmed.
I like bold or well blended rose in unisex fragrances and a strong supporting cast to add layers and character.i.e TF Noir de Noir or Dior's Oud Ispahan.
All I could smell was an extremely one dimensional, clean and subtle rose which seemed rather flat,insipid and tired.Akin to Malle's Lipstick Rose.
Could not detect any saffron (a la Byredo Black Saffron)or creamy sandalwood,which is more the pity.
If this is indeed a Cafe Rose the barista is brewing babycinos as again I couldn't detect aroma here.
It all seems a bit too diluted for my liking.Longevity is rather poor on my skin as well,bearly noticable after an hour or so.
I guess Tom Ford can't always hit you for 6.
Sorry no sale here :(

mrs2241
mrs2241

خدا رو شکر که با تباکو-عود عوضش کردم
همش بوی رز این، یه نمور هم بوی قهوه نداره
البت بوی رز فوق العاده گیرا و با کیفیت هستش

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Recently, a friend treated me to a "Loukoum Latte" in a Lebanese restaurant; basically a rich black coffee sweetened with rose flavoured syrup. Not in the least bit authentic of course -Middle Easterners don't typically flavour their coffee with rose- but a delicious result nonetheless that certainly felt lush and exotic.

Naturally I endevoured to find a perfume that recreated that experience. Tom Ford's "Café Rose" seemed to be the only available option (which I found surprising, I thought there would be more niche perfumes with those notes).

Unfortunately it didn't hit the mark. It's not a bad scent; at best it's a linear, dry woody rose, but the coffee is undetectable. It doesn't smell as dark and rich as I expected, especially when compared to "Noir de Noir" which is so bold and deep with that chocolately truffle and oud mix.

Perhaps "Cafe Rose" is lightened too much by the sandalwood, which reminds me of Cartier "Declaration d'un Soir".

Overall, not that dark, daring deliciousness I was looking for and quite feminine also.

gividaletti
gividaletti

very simple, nothing more. not paid the asking price ever

The rose in CR is what I like to call a "slutty rose". It's sort of musky/spicy like the rose in Madness. This is my favorite kind of rose, but it's sitting under a giant toasted marshmallow. That's just how my nose perceives coffee+vanilla or coffee+amber.
Cafe Rose is pretty and likable and a bit unique for a rose scent, but I was hoping for less pretty and more skanky.

Germany
Germany

The more I smell this the more I a love it. I just received a FB of this fresh rosy fragrance. It has a middle eastern exotic flare , it's like a fresh rose with a woody patchouli depth and a dash of coffee , slightly reminds me of intense cafe by Montale , another rose fragrance with just a little hint of coffee and woods. Cafe Rose has a toasty nutty quality ,The patchouli is dominant throughout the fragrance, the rose keeps it fresh and vibrant. This fragrance is great for day and night, nice for casual and dressy, and it never fails to get you lots of compliments. Simply gourous bottle also !
Update, it truly smells of roses and coffee, love it!!! The more I wear this the more I smell the coffee.
If you want to get it for 100 $ less , get Jo Malone intense velvet rose oud , it's the same smell !

Plucus21
Plucus21

This is a fantastic fragrance for a woman, but it is too feminine for men. I got a wet rose that was very good. The longevity and projection also seem very good as well. I don't smell any coffee but I do smell saffron, sandalwood and patchouli, but it is not strong enough to make this fragrance suitable for men. This is the best Tom Ford fragrance that I have smelled, I just wish that the patchouli and saffron balanced out this fragrance a little more for men.

Collector
Collector

The rose was quite strong at first and I liked it for the first hour, then the amber and sandlewood and pepper started kicking in and the rose faded. It smells too masculine for me. I prefer a softer, floral base with vanilla. I would not buy this.

gaz525
gaz525

This is absolutely fantastic. I think it is more of a winter fragrance so im kean to try it in the winter. The rose is strong and traditional but is held together by the coffee and balmy aspects of the scent. This rose is definitely wearable for a man or a woman. For some reason all I can seem to do is remenisce when i smell this fragrance, it takes me back to something my mother wore in the 90's but have absolutely no idea what and neither does she. Either way this is a fantastic Rose scent for men and women if you dont want to be too floral (its pretty much a deep dirty rose thats been crushed into the ground). The projection and sillage are massive too, one application in the morning and your good for all day :)

gaurav.verma2308
gaurav.verma2308

Cafe Rose review:
What i can get from this perfume is coffee,sandalwood and some rose..!!
Tom Ford Perfumes are made in proper sequence of notes ...you wont feel as if all the notes are felt together..!!
I love their some of the creations a lot :
Cafe Rose, Italian Cypress and Tobacco Vanille

In India Its available with
Splash Fragnance
+91 8956139654
+91 8793896846

evilmiu
evilmiu

Just like The bodyshop's rose perfume, but more Sandalwood. Long lasting. I don't like it at all.

vanillamoss
vanillamoss

Incredible incredible incredible. Probably one of my favorite fragrances of all time. The perfect spicy rose with a hint of woods. The rose is fresh from the start, plucked from the garden and then put in a vase in the morning while a young, single woman is brewing her morning coffee. Simple, but so lovely.

xabaras
xabaras

I was actually expecting some intoxicating beautiful fragrance which could take my mind to far away places. And I discovered a rose fragrance which starts as sweet as sickly children candy, and develops into an intoxicating sandal and patchouli extravaganza, so intoxicating that after an hour I felt drunk just sniffing it. Not for me, helas.

jtd
jtd

This is the Rose of the twisted Garden? Antoine Lie, l’enfant terrible, was the perfumer? Maybe I’ve gotten high on the fumes the smoldering rose chypres of the 70s-80s, but twisted or noir this ain’t.

Woody roses are easy in concept. There is a logical fit and a mutual enhancement. Because rose provides its own top, middle and base, the pairing with woods is logical. Patchouli, incense, sandlewood: Cafe Rose has them all. Amber, another expected match with rose, rounds out the mix.

Antoine Lie has visited this idea with colleague Antoine Maisondieu in Rossy de Palma Eau de Protection for Etat Libre d’Orange. Rossy plays with a dark rose and woods, also, but uses spice and chocolate as well as tones of metal, dust and blood. Unfortunately, Cafe Rose is best captured in what it is not. Not outstanding, not inspiring, not polarizing (not a good sign) and to my mind, given the competition in the niche market, not worth the price.

Cafe Rose isn’t a particularly ambitious perfume. The only sense of noir it conveys is, ‘Hey. It’s dark in here. Where’s the light switch?’ The concept isn’t new and the execution is uneventful. It conveys a feeling of the satisfaction of connecting the dots. The components are in place, the bits all connect; therefore the perfume is good. To its credit, the perfume doesn’t fall apart or become unbalanced. If you like the opening, you’ll likely enjoy the rest of the perfume. But the bar just seems to be set low, and the risk-averse Cafe Rose favors balance over richness, competence over inspiration.

from scent hurdle.com

dbrii24
dbrii24

Cafe Rose is superb! Exotic, sexy and enticing. I absolutely love it! When I first heard about this gem I was a little put off by the coffee note because I personally don't care to smell like food, but the coffee note is barely present. I do smell coffee but it blends in so well that if you're not searching for it, you wouldn't know it was there. Overall, on my skin Cafe Rose is a dark spicy rose who likes to seduce with her sensual ways. This is rose is mysterious and charming.

This does remind me a little of Noir de Noir but without vanilla and the oud note that always sours on my skin. I think it's the saffron note in both that links the two. Cafe Rose is sexier and spicier than Noir de Noir in my opinion.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is definitely more on the feminine side. It has a light touch of rose, and a light touch of coffee. The main notes here are not over powering. It's a light scent. Grat for day time use or night time during the summer. It's warm and cozzy. Try it.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

I'm an insane NdN fan, so I was super curious to try this new TF rose juice out. Perhaps my expectations were too overwrought a priori, but it didn't get past "oh, that's nice" for me. It's definitely interesting. I wouldn't rush to call it super distinctive - though I don't readily know what I'd compare it to either. I'll play with it some more, but thus far I'm left with "it's a nice scent."

Muzoona
Muzoona

Rose is very sensitive element, it should be mixed very carefully with other elements. For me Rose and Coffee is a horrible idea. Sorry Didn't like it. Sorry Tom Ford.

fpih
fpih

Watered rose, soft and delicate and feminine and one of the very few -if any- rose fragrances that doesn't scream old lady in my agenda. I would love to smell so elegant and feminine, if only it was a bit cheaper:(

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I find this fume rather heavy and if I dare say, very spicy and exotic. I get none of the 'freshness' that other reviewers are talking about.
Don't misunderstand me, I think this is an amazing fragrance, its like walking in a rose garden on a warm summers evening as the sun is setting and the sky is red and hazy.
Cafe Rose is a frag which is seductive, sexy, heady and darnright addictive.
This is a beautiful blend of roses and the drydown is that heavy incense and patch mixed with spices.
I think this has to be worth every penny and I am adamant that i shall have to have a full sized bottle to add to my collection. (Damn!)
Longevity is just amazing and this just stayed with me forever. Even after I had showered, I could still smell it.
The wonderful thing about this scent is that I kept getting whiffs of something delicious and then realised that it was indeed me!!
Beautiful rose fragrance!

BillyC28
BillyC28

I love Cafe Rose and the Jardin Noir collection (this and Lys Fume are my favs, Hacinth too. Jonquille comes in last for me, not a huge fan of narcissus).

This is very different than Noir de Noir to me. Noir registers much more "truffley" and "choclatey". Similar to Voleur de Roses.

Cafe Rose is much more classically Middle Eastern and love the combo of coffee and rose and oud. I tried to layer Jo Malone Red Roses and Black Vetyver Cafe to see if it would be similar but isn't as smooth and smells a little off. Definetely like Cafe Rose better.

Why do Tom Fords' have to be so expensive : ( I want the whole collection

taboo2287
taboo2287

i got this fragrance as a christmas gift from a friend but i have't had the chance to wear it until yesterday, as a start it smells like a coffee place where the beans are being roasted and crushed and you are waiting to get your bag of coffee and then a lady walks in wearing a very shy rose perfume that's barley there but it smoothes the air when it mixes with the coffee smell! in my opinion it could've been better if there rose note was not too "shy" it's more dark and smokey like it's the low profiled cousin of Oud Wood by Tom Ford! the longevity is really poor on this one (maximum of 2 hours) after all it's a nice frag but not worth the pennies (thank god it was a gift) !!!

jjmr
jjmr

i love cafe rose ....well i am in love with the tom ford prive collection.....

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

I have been having Cafe Rose on my left wrist and Noir de Noir on my right for about five hours and I can say that they have no resemblance at all. Cafe Rose has very straight forward, pleasant and intense rose scent in the top and middle notes and the rose becomes more subtle with a hint of sandalwood in the dry down. However, the intense I mean here is relative to Noir to Noir only as it is actually very tame (1/10)if I compare it to the rose in Amouage Attar Tribute. This rose is very easy to wear and it is definitely unisex.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

its a very nice blend, the cafe note is not as obsene as New Haarlem, and the rose soft, not a heavy one. i try to obtain the same mixing Jo Malone Cafe + Rose, and it smell good, but i believe that TF café rose is ver very nice.

Jomoves
Jomoves

If you love this fragrance but aren't so crazy about the obscene price tag, then I suggest you seek out Cabaret Gres. Very similar.

s_athena
s_athena

Excellent spicy rose with a good dose of sandalwood, saffron and patchouli, and a bit of a chocolatey facet - it reminds me of Coco Noir's opening, if CN were rosier and had better longevity. The coffee comes forward and turns the composition a bit dirtier like Black Orchid as it dries down, but still keeps its gentility. Don't know if it's worth the hefty price tag, and don't know where I could wear this - too strong for work, but the rose is too proper for nights out or for casual wear. But I'll enjoy the hell out of my sample, and save money to buy a bottle when it fits my life better: when I'm a 60 year-old grande dame in the Ritz Carlton lobby, wearing entirely too much jewelry for a Tuesday afternoon, martini in a gloved hand and the staff wrapped around my finger. :-) That's pretty much the only time I'll be able to afford to buy multiple full bottles of TF Private Blends regularly anyway!

Tom Ford CAFE ROSE opens as a rather peppery rose, reminding me quite a bit of Etat Libre d'Orange ROSSY DE PALMA. The rose is palpably red, and the pepper accentuates its redness. Shortly thereafter, a patchouli complex vaguely reminiscent of BLACK ORCHID arrives on the scene. It's somewhat chewy and sweet, but not overly so, and I cannot help thinking that this creation was crafted specifically with Tom Ford fragrance devotees in mind. I should say, however, that the coffee does mingle with the other notes in a most enticing way, giving this particular presentation of patchouli its own distinct personality, despite its overlap with BLACK ORCHID (and perhaps WHITE PATCHOULI as well...).

By the drydown, CAFE ROSE seems much closer to BLACK ORCHID than to ROSSY DE PALMA--or any other spicy rose--so I'd say that what we have here are really two completely distinct fragrances: first there's rose, and then there's the cafe. I imagine that the opening burst of rose is going to make a lot of sales at the counter: it's vibrant and enticing and beautiful. But the BLACK ORCHID lovers will be pleased, too, if they have the patience to wait for the drydown of this perfume.

Is this a coherent two-stage creation? To me, it seems like a split personality. I do not think that they are completely incompatible, but the two stages really are very different from one another. Still, since I like both stages, I cannot dislike their conjunction!

funnyboy
funnyboy

Lovely long lasting fragrance,reminds me of montale black oud but softer.Think it is more feminine than montale and not as harsh but vey long lasting. Definately not a daytime fragrance, more suited to a winter evening at a sophisticated dinner or cocktail party.
It gets the thumbs up from me 9 out of 10 even though I personally wouldnt buy it for the price would be happy to smell it on someone else..

Wise-222
Wise-222

THIS IS A STRANGE PERFUME,THE IDEA IN THIS PERFUME
IS VERY SIMILAR TO NOIR DE NOIR,VERY DARK ROSE
WITH A HINT OF COFFE YOU CAN'T EVEN NOTICE IT EASLY.
LONGEVITY IS VERY GOOD AND IT STAYS FOR MORE THAN 6 HOURS ON MY ARM SO,I THINK IT DESERVED MY MONEY.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

A very lovely, warm woody rose with a bit of pepper and incense to keep it from being too sweet. The rose is very pure, sheer and not too sweet, perfectly balanced by the basenotes. I am normally not a rose fragrance fan, but I like this fragrance very much and am seriously considering buying a full bottle.

0135rachy
0135rachy

Expected some thing more from this, not to say this isnt a lovely rose frag, but thats all it is, roses, no creamy coffeeor wam spice. To me this resembles YSL Parisenne.

If you want black coffee and roses, try L'Or de Torrente.

ryryaoi
ryryaoi

This is a disappointment. i bought a sampler of it, and i wasn't particularly happy especially even for the price of the sampler. i guess it shows brand names doesn't necessarily mean better value. this is one of them. Specifics are, it smells like roses, for a little bit but coverage on my skin very little. A lingering of something creamy, soft cuppocino rather than dark coffee is what i smell too. my partner says i smell like old granny perfume and that's enough to put me off it. While going to the mall, i found a small little fragrance shop with natural musk and rose scents and i'm considering purchasing the roll on from there, i would have to say it was worth it especially for minimal price and great coverage! i might try rose oud though hopefully it smells better and last longer and better priced than TF one. seriusly.

muskymoi
muskymoi

I do love the Cafe Rose, and I hadn't read any of the below reviews prior to (impulse) purchasing it. For some reason, I smell an Oud-y type note in Cafe Rose that makes other Rose Ouds (Trish McEvoy, Jo Malone) kind of redundant, even though those are less expensive. The Noir de Noir does smell wonderful but I had thought it a bit masculine on me...Now, I want to do a side by side test of CR with NdN (of which I have a sample) and see whether I got the "wrong" one. Gotta love a liberal return/exchange policy!

I was so looking forward to Cafe Rose, but I find it to be pretty uninspiring. It's nice yes, but it seems mostly like a dark, woody, rose with just the subtlest hint of coffee. Reminds me of Noir de Noir and Oud Wood, which are already so similar to each other that I didn't want both. Since I own Noir de Noir, I can't justify buying Cafe Rose too, esp when I agree with others that all these fragrances are so similar and that Noir de Noir is the best one.

WildDove
WildDove

Intoxicating opening. I do get the coffee, but the drydown is much like Noir de Noir, probably many similar notes and ingredients. It's ok, but I prefer other Tom Fords, and other rose fragrances. Gorgeous bottle design.

ahsansn
ahsansn

Don't waste your money on this guys as its more of non-identical twin of noir de noir, go check out Roses Vanille by Mancera or Noir De Noir, but I prefer Roses Vanille over both of the TF's to be honest, as its just so f*cking great and creamy haha.

All 3 colognes that I've mentioned above are unisex, long lasting (12+ hours), orgasmic, delicious and heavenly in my opinion, but Roses Vanille by Mancera is by far the best and such a hidden gem.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

I thought this one would be outstanding...it's nice, but not outstanding. If you own Noir de Noir, I wouldn't bother purchasing this one. Noir is superior to Cafe. I always find Turkish rose a bit sharp, the coffee actually smells like a mocha. The incense gives it a little bit of a smokey edge. It is a nice rose scent, but it didn't blow me away. 2 smelled, 2 to go. I hope the next 2 scents impress me...I still love you Tom...

dmarcus1260
dmarcus1260

I don't get the coffee either. If there is coffee in this I think it must be a frappuccino loaded with sugar. What I mostly get out of Cafe Rose are roses, roses and more layers of roses. Can't help but get the image of rose petals falling from the sky like in the movie American Beauty. I like Cafe Rose but to be honest I am a little disappointed that I don't smell deep dark roasted coffee in this.

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

I just don't get the coffee. It's a very heady, dark rose with some interesting spice notes, but no, I don't really smell the 'Cafe' in Cafe Rose.

Timetoski
Timetoski

don't think i'm crazy, but the dry down (30 + minutes after applying) smells remarkably similar to Givenchy Dahlia Noir. The opening smells nothing like DN, however. Pleasant all around

jpinson

I felt the need to add to my review from yesterday. I applied this again today and i cannot get over the mysterious chocolate opening. No mention in the notes, no mention in the reviews. A complete shock.

It is not a bitter chocolate which you might expect to work well with rose, but more of a sweet almost drinking chocolate aroma. Although what this fragrance becomes it top notch, I wish i could find something that stayed like this opens.

Now, back to the TF counter to torture myself further!

jpinson

Pretty astonishing stuff this.

On the test card it gives a wonderfully deep rose and not much else (to my untrained nose). One dimensional perhaps, but the rose alone was enough to buy.

A test on the skin reveal a wonderful sweet chocolate element. Totally undetected on the card. This mingles with and then fades to a rich rose which somehow does not present as overtly feminine. Simply put, blokes can wear this without a worry.

Longevity is...well 6 hours and counting. Sillage...I'd say moderate. Strong enough without choking those sharing the room with you.

Worth a look.

serg andy
serg andy

Did not like this fragrance at all! Smells like something my mom or grandma would use. Most def a ladies fragrance.

simee
simee

I couldn't get this annoying perfume off. Tried alcohol and soap, could not for the life of me get it off!!! Too woodsy, oaky, civety, amber for me. Too dark, not sweet at all, smelled of an old fur coat, smokey and masculine... just really annoying. Distracted me all day!!! I love the Jonquille de nuit and the Lys fumee second, but this sample will be going in the garbage!!!

Scentszilla
Scentszilla

Sorry 'Bigsly' (below) but I've sampled both Cafe Rose & L'Or de Torrente that u suggested and tho' these might sound like the same concept to u, believe me these are most definitely NOT interchangeable scents. In fact they do not smell anything alike, not even remotely. L'OdeT smells basically of coffee/cream & vanilla (after an odd 'fruity' beginning), whilst CR doesn't even smell all that much (if at all) of coffee actually. The only thing these two scents have in common is a rose note - but then so do many scents, & this fact alone certainly doesn't mean they'd be good substitutes for one another.
L'Or de Torrente is certainly a pleasant enough frag, even worth checking out if in search of a nice coffee frag. (altho' it's also rather forgettable with it's pretty bottle by far it's best feature.) BUT it's certainly no match for Cafe Rose which smells utterly magnificent in comparison !

NoseySpice
NoseySpice

This is what you want your boyfriends sheets to smell like after you have just given him the bext sex of his life. That is all.

PS. I didn't catch the coffee note either, but the rose is a dark and dirty, musky, delicous note mixed with all sorts of other spicy delights.

$$
$$

INCREDIBLE!This parfum has to be 1 of the best of 2012.i really cant explain my experience cause its smells like no other.exotic,warm and deep you put it on and it stays on all day.its the blend of blends men can wear rose and be cool.When i went to neiman marcus this was the scent the sales asst was endorsing and i bout it nuff said.

aschiffm
aschiffm

i had an opposite reaction to the other reviews. the only thing i COULD smell in this was the COFFEE! ok i guess the rose was there too- the rose does give it a lot of floral depth and beauty, but i could not get past the coffee scent in this.. this smells like a heavy on the espresso mocha. i do happen to be a big lover of how coffee smells in general and how coffee tastes. i am however starting to realize i just dont think it should be used in perfumes- smells too foody ( as much as i like the idea of coffee and roses ).

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

Had the chance to test it out today. From my initial impression its a rose+incense+ a hint of coffee and spices in the background scent. I also get some saffron and light woods. Long lasting and definitely unisex.
In my oppinion its a winner and a great addition to the rest of the TFPB line.

90hou
90hou

where can I buy it?

Mrs.Belson
Mrs.Belson

There is no coffee in this perfume, but a field of wonderful sharp roses, a good portion of oud, and little bit of safran. Great job! This perfume deserves to be a part of Private Blend collection.

MQS
MQS

i don't like the smell of coffe but with TF everything can be change !!

dixie.von g
dixie.von g

..can anybody please gave a good review about it?!!!...i'm really curious!!!!!!

scenturian
scenturian

Cant wait honestly, but what I don't like here is that Tom Ford still continues with the same bottle design and shape which is quite coarse.

UPDATE:
Bottle has been renewed or was here wrong image that I said above still same coarse bottle design?!

Cafe Rose by Tom Ford 4.03 out of 5 based on 332 ratings and 71 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Cafe Rose fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Cafe Rose, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cafe Rose by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cafe Rose by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.