Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

Grey Vetiver Tom Ford for men

Grey Vetiver Tom Ford for men Pictures Grey Vetiver Tom Ford for men Pictures

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is a new edition for men and it arrives on the market in September 2009. The perfume was announced as one with dominant vetiver accompanied with salty notes and sunny, woody accords. It features shiny citruses, spices, precious wood and vetiver. The fragrance is available in a light flacon shaped like Ford's previous masculine editions, in amount of 50 ml.

Grapefruit Orange Blossom Sage

Vetiver

Grey Vetiver Fragrance Reviews

pdschrader
pdschrader

It is fun to experiment with fragrances, to occasionally wear something noticeably different to stand out from the crowd and to experiment with niche scents; but if you want something solidly classy, appropriate in any situation, in line with what your father or grandfather might have worn but probably of much higher quality, Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is it.

ali..khalili
ali..khalili

تقریبا میشه حدس هایی زد که چرا نظری بی ازار من درمورد این عطر از کجا حذف شده
این نظر کنونی کپی نظر قبلی است
س خس و بوی خوردنی و هویج مانند
حس نشاط و بسیار تمیزی با خود دارد با حال و هوای جنگلی روشن تو یک روز بهاری
عطر روشن و بسیار شیک و بدون الودگی و اضافه کاری که کار بدیعی هست و مشابهی پیش از خود نداشته است و میتواند خود و اطرافیان را به وجد بیاره

MickZ
MickZ

This is a nice, light and fresh vetiver scent that is impossible to dislike. If you want to smell clean and fresh, this is the ticket. It is not a citrus-bomb freshie and nothing like Mugler's Cologne or Creed's Original Vetiver. It is not as green or pungent . . . or as long lasting, which is a pity because I don't tire of it like the others. It is aptly named "grey," as it has a cool edge to it. Even if you don't like vetivers, you'll like this one. It is office friendly and breezy, and thankfully not very sweet. It is mature but anyone can rock it. Just apply it more liberally; TF's sprayer is stingy.

gedlive
gedlive

I was considering a purchase of Creed's Boise du Portugal, not wanting to add to a full collection.
When applying TF Vetiver this evening, I thought I'm not missing much not having Boise de Portugal. This has a similar vib, great quality of notes, not just great vetiver but great woody notes, and citrus and spicy freshness. This has quality of notes which I'v come to appreciate more as I have grown on my fragrance journey. This is a great choice when you want something woody and fresh. It's better than Encre Noir Sport but similar.
The quality of the vetiver is similar to Chanel Sycomore, but this is more casual. Coming to know this better over time, I would say this is close to a modern day classic. The blending is great with all the nuances of nutmeg, orris, pimento, and Orange blosom. Yet it comes off as very simple and incredibly enjoyable.

God bless. John 3:16

widescope
widescope

ysldirchannel please don,t come to dilute this page man.
This is to talk about grey vetiver not your crap please.
Thanks

lemac
lemac

move over clouds time for that little silver bottle to come out love it .

weaselize

Your nose has got to be crooked if you dislike this.
A great ice cold vetiver with just the smallest amount of sweetness which you can hardly notice and a cutting razorsharp edge to it. Mature, woody, earthy, classy, ice cold, super versatile and so on.
An inoffensive scent that,s perfect for hot sunny days which will give you the feel you,re surrounded by ice cubes and that gives battle to the heat by giving an uplifting, fresh feel.
Don,t judge this to quickly based on a cold day wearing and try it in summer.
Performance is good, never had problems with that.
Together with l,homme boisee two fine vetivers

ScentedRomeo
ScentedRomeo

I must admit I'd have to agree with *starassist* I consider myself a frag collector especially great vintages but I also like current fragrances from various designers and a dabble of niches here and there. When I first bought my 50ml edp of GV I thought it was just between a like and dislike or just in limbo because the smell reminded me of a hand sanitizer called Purell the original with aloe. I tried it, I sprayed my right wrist with GV and my left I put some Purell gel on and lo and behold bingo. Although the alcohol base of Purell only stayed for about 15mins or so but on my right wrist it smelled like Purell for a few hours. I couldn't believe my brain, a little under $150.00 for a 50ml bottle retail of Grey Vetiver. That's some expensive hand sanitizer. Lol
It's gonna hurt some sensitve feelings of fans of this here but "my opinion" about this juice is purely subjective has no bearing on any of the other Tom Ford creations that I have & like/love and also will acquire. Maybe it's just my skin chemistry/pH & this don't mix, I dunno.
And no, I have to add that Grey Vetiver does not smell one bit like Guerlain's Original Vetiver... lol, come on...Jean Paul would not be pleased.

NapoleonLives
NapoleonLives

Seriously, if you don't have a nose for Grey Vetiver, you're either too young to appreciate the fragrance or you have no business wearing a fragrance, period.

norbertholy.com
norbertholy.com

Masterpiece!!!
Try it, buy it, own it and love it. No other option.
I think this perfume is absolutely stunning, super sophisticated serious game.
Convertible car, leather driving gloves, serpentine, speed, young girl beside you, TF grey vetiver on your skin... Coming ya bloody death!!!
Fire in the bottle!

fsulka
fsulka

This fragrance is all business. It's buttoned down, confident and classy. A true winner. I've experienced other Tom Ford fragrances and in my opinion, this is his masterpiece. If you aren't sure whether or not you like dominant vetiver fragrances, I recommend buying a sample vial off of The Perfumed Court or a similar website with legit samples.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

WOW. And I don't say that often. This stuff is amazing. I don't often think of scents as "classy" but this certainly has a great, classy feel about it.
Its a perfect vetiver that isn't too harsh blended with citrus and wood and CLEARLY lots of other great smells that I cannot name in isolated notes. It is truly unique, lasts a great while and has even gotten my wife to comment on it- and she doesn't comment on anything I own.
Get a sample of this stuff. I cannot imagine you'd be let down if you like vetivers.

Ky1227
Ky1227

Let me start off by saying that this is a great smelling fragrance. Very citrusy and sparkly in the opening, which dries down to a nice vetiver, but not a harsh vetiver AT ALL. Lasts all day! This is a perfect work fragrance. You could wear it on many occasions but I would save it specifically for professional/suit and tie occasions.

Rating
Uniqueness: 5/10 (Not the most unique. In fact, I find it somewhat generic)
Sillage: 7:10
Overall: 7/10

Mohammad_glmk
Mohammad_glmk

عطری شدیدا بی روح و خاموش که بعد از ظهر یک جنگل بارونی رو تداعی میکنه به نظرم برای زیر 40 سال توصیه نمیشه گرچه خودم عاشقشم اوایل عطر یه بوی شاداب رو داریم که تقریبا بوی آب هویج میده ولی خیلی زود محو میشه و یه رایحه دارویی مانند جاشو میگیره بعد از اون وتیور تا آخر قدرت نمایی میکنه به طرفداران کارهای چوبی شدیدا توصیه میشه به نظرم برای استفاده روزانه خوبه و از اون عطراس که شما رو از بقیه متمایز میکنه خاص به معنای واقعی کلمه ولی به شرطی که خوشتون بیاد موندگاری و پخش قابل قبولی هم داره

ana hen
ana hen

It so so good.and again I find this smell unisex.

Perfect balance,not yelling but very present smell of sweet grapefruit,wood,some minty note

Maybe bit soapy but elegant fresh and it's not young bit very much crispy clean and warm at the same time. Good silage for longevity I think 6/10

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

This is a great blend of clean, fresh, musty, woody. It smells like grapefruit squeezed onto salty driftwood. The vetiver isn't super standout; it is well blended and balanced with a bunch of other notes. On first spray, there is bright citrus peel, but then oakmoss, vetiver, woods, sea salt, sage (smells like clary sage essential oil) start to come through and establish themselves for a long stay. Although it doesn't contain either, this really reminds me of fig and chamomile, both of which I adore.

It has long staying power and for a summery, spring male scent it really stands out as unique among all the generic aqua scents. The bottle is beautiful, well-designed and feels sturdy.

wolflarson
wolflarson

As a semi self -appointed expert on vetiver ( or as fancy people say, vetivert), it is my entirely pretentious opinion that Tom Fords Grey Vetiver is in my top five vetivers on the market right now.

The list is price fixed, as anyone willing to shell out the big bills ( over $150) for other highly touted tinkerings of the vetiver note will most likely do so anyway, this review be damned.

On to Grey Vetiver. This stuff is so good, and for the money ( online for about 80 bucks for the big bottle), I'd say the only better value for money is Encre Noire.

It starts off full of juicy citrus notes. The above says grapefruit, but to me it smells like a slightly soured lemon.In any case, it is a great start to a great scent.

Not as dirty or serious as Terre D Hermes, although they might be from the same family. Grey Vetiver would be the youngest son, generally good natured and eager to please while remaining true to himself. Terre D Hermes would be the eldest brother, who had to support his folks and learn early that life isnt all roses all the time. I make the comparison, because every time I wear either of the two, I cant help but think about how just a change of one or two ingredients and their relative quantities can make on a scent. The sage stays around well into the dry down,where it softens the vetivers grassy tendrils. This is perfectly blended, in all regards.

The vetiver in this, after much research,I found out to be of the haitian sort. It is smooth, deep, fresh, and grounding all at once. This is THE perfect summer day/evening scent. It asserts that you have class, even if you dont look like you do. It is serious, but still light hearted.

As much as this is great in the summer, I like this better in the fall and winter. The citrus fades out faster, but the vetiver seems to take on a deeper, dirtier quality, maybe due to the sage, that smells great on a coat in the city. Think of lobster dinners, with fresh oysters and the smell of limoncello at some high price eatery. Thats what I get every time I put this on, just because of how well it melded into the scene. It doesn't gloat its charms like so many others, but rather subtlety radiates them.

I am 23 and I love this stuff. I get 5 hrs of worthwhile projection. The girls Ive been around while wearing this all have said it smells "manly and sexy" and thats about the best we can hope for, ehh guys?

kneelxneil
kneelxneil

The scent is really nice, but I wouldn't suggest it for younger crowds. The opening note overwhelmingly smells like fresh grass. It quickly dries down to a soft woody smell that is very comforting. The vetiver smell lingers on but it is not overpowering. Overall it is a clean fresh smell that is woodsy with vetiver and a tinge of citrus. This is my first vetiver fragrance and I love it. Don't let the grassy opening put you off. It becomes tasteful after an hour. The scent last for so long as well. I think what makes it mature is the woodsy after note. But the grass and citrus freshens it up so honestly any age can wear it as long as you have the right outfit. If you have the money (Tom Ford scents are so expensive), I strongly recommend buying this.

Muthu
Muthu

This one is a class act. Very stylish and no nonsense perfume. Quite strong and quite effective during the day. Surely a winner and I have this with me always.

Dwest009
Dwest009

A qoui ressemble l'odeur de grey vetiver un peu fumé n

racb
racb

I got this in a sample selection and didn't realise at first it was a man's scent.

It's my first vetiver and a very unique smell and unique experience as a scent. The nearest thing I can pin it to is Penhaligon's Quercus, but I think that's the grapefruit coming through.

This is a very pleasantly balanced scent. I can get the Amber, the floral and the spice all coming through but there's no getting away from the vetiver.

This might be a grower for me. I'll have to give it a few more days, unmixed with anything else, then I'll know whether it has a place at my table.

It has given me an interest to try other vetivers, certainly.

Ooh now I'm getting expensive hotel reception areas..... hmm will have to keep this one on watch.

If I smelled this on a man then mmmmmmmm I'd definitely look twice.

K1
K1

Versatile multi-functional vetiver.
Very delightful and sweet fresh dusty vetiver that opens yummy and goes through foggy fresh ultrachic pattern. This fragrance is much favorable for fans of designers; a trap to draw you into niche fragrances.

Grey Vetiver reminds me a doctor, probably optometrist, in steamed up shirt and perfectly shaves face, very decent very polite!
Has great longevity and enormous projection. This perfume is a twisted vetiver and grapefruit. You like it? Try Lampblack, you will be enchanted.
★★★★

وتیور پُرکاربرد و انعطاف پذیر
یه عطر وتیوری مفرح و شیرین خنک که با بویی خوشمزه شروع میکنه و در ادامه مه گرفته و خنک و بسیار شیک میشه. این عطر بیشتر مورد پسند کسانی هست که توی دنیای عطرای دیزاینر سیر میکنن؛ یه تله هست که پای شما رو به دنیای عطرای نیش میکشه

گِرِی وتیور (گزارش شده که بعضی فروشنده های گَری وتیور میگن این رو!) من رو یاد بعضی پزشکهای شسته و رفته میندازه (احتمالا چشم پزشک) که لباسشون حسابی اتو کشیده و صورتشون دقیق اصلاح شده هست و خیلی مودب و باکلاس هستن
گری وتیور موندگاری بالا و نشر بوی هیولاواری داره. یه عطر خس خس که با گریپ فروت حالتی انتزاعی پیدا کرده
★★★★

Abo ahlamjood
Abo ahlamjood

عطر جميل ومتميز يعطيك شعور بيوم جميل ومنعش ومريح ، جرب العطر قبل الشراء وأعطي نفسك فرصة لكي تشتري هذا العطر أو أي عطر آخر عن اقتناع تاااام ..

Liquidasset77
Liquidasset77

This is a beautifully balanced woody aromatic fragrance that last 6 to 8 hours with nonstop silage and projection. If you like vetiver you will like this fragrance. I don't have anything in my collection that reminds me of this fragrance and I have a very versatile collection, which makes this unique. This beast sparkles with lemony fresh vetiver and soft sweet woody accords. Tom Ford keeps turning out gems when he puts his team to work and this is no exception.

diamond dust
diamond dust

Very sharp smell got today but didnt like it is for mature man like over 35 with nice office dress i feel like smell is oily i mean like ittar but very long lasting

hannyd168
hannyd168

no way hosey hehehe :D smell so strong like mushroom molded :D

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

La fameuse marque tom ford n'a pas trop donné sur cette fragrance, personnellement, je n'aime pas le vetiver...
Je trouve qu'il n'est pas très bon a mon goût

mhobba
mhobba

Bright citrus with a nice dose of salt. The vetiver is cleaner than I'm accustomed to and the pimento almost sends it into root vegetable territory. Love this on hot days, it disappears too quickly in cooler weather.

Chromakey Dreamcoat
Chromakey Dreamcoat

Bought this and sold it after a few months as I found it way too formal and serious to have occasion to wear it. Then I began to miss it. Bought it back and now wear it often during Spring and Autumn. Funny how you become more used to wearing fragrances you found unpalatable at one time.
It's smoky and spicy but super sharp, dry and clean clean clean. Sharp grapefruit, bottle rocket smoke and rooty vetiver all done with the crispness of a fine white shirt. You don't need a white shirt to wear it though. I've learned my lesson.
A Spring/Autumn citrus woody with real depth. Lovely.

smellavision
smellavision

Boy am I glad this one came out before the Fifty Shades craze...but darn, this scent really teases me so much.
On first wearing I thought the opening was a hideous synthetic smell of plastic bags, on second wearing it was just a fresh sharp citrus/grapefruit opening. Now I've worn it several times and the opening always changes between these two. Through the heartnotes it mellows, gets softer and woodier with a pinch of nutmeg and the drydown is just a lovely cozy dry and nutty sweetish vetiver haunted by oakmoss. The vetiver in this scent somehow seems more cleansed or washed, as it doesn't seem as earthy as other vetivers sometimes turn out.

Looking forward to trying Guerlain's Vetiver and hoping that the drydown is somewhat identical without that synthetic opening.

Ricardo the Great

If you like a clean, mature fragrance that is extremely versatile, TFGV is for you. Perfect for work OR a black tie event.

Shayan.k
Shayan.k

با هر نفس از استشمام عطر درون این شیشه لحظات حظور در یک پارک جنگلی سرسبز در ذهن تداعی میشود،زیر نور آفتاب و بوی دودی که از گوشه و کنار حس میشود و رنگ خاکستری را در پس ذهنمان گوشزد میکند،هوایی بس عالی و دلپذیر و گیاهان و درختانی سرسبز.(پخش و ماندگاری هر دو عالی).این عطر رو فقط با تیپ رسمی استفاده کنید

koll2
koll2

Im no expert i either like it or i dont
i dont like Guerlain i do like this !

mikenac
mikenac

I just compared side by side with Guerlain's Vetivier.

TFGV's citrus is more straight lemon, where GV is more lemon, orange, and other spices (more complex). After the big citrus openings, they both settle down a bit and the vetiver takes the stage.

TFGV is definitely more subtle than the GV, and I would call it more "misty" to GV's "bright green".

The dry down of TFGV retains a clear vetiver while the GV becomes a little more sweet and shifts towards powdery.

As far as power and longevity, this was about average for me, equivalent to the GV.

Overall, the two are very similar, but I find no reason to buy TFGV over the Guerlain offering, which is cheaper. YMMV

Marilimorajaspani
Marilimorajaspani

Without comparing this to other popular vetivers, I personally feel this perfume has a wonderful balanced character, it is large but not loud, there is enough accompaniment to the vetiver that it is complimented and appreciated. I live in a very hot climate, grey vetiver is subtle smoky citrus and spice, fresh and clean, I love it on hot sunny days. It is both formal and informal, fine for the office or leisure time. And it lasts and lasts, 8 hours.
Smell 8.5/10
Versatility 7/10
Longevity 9/10
Overall 8.5/10

PureLavishness
PureLavishness

I felt like this frag was too dirty and somewhat obnoxious. I just didn't sit right with my nose. I came off as too sharp and offensive. So far only Tuscan Leather has pleased me from the house of Tom Ford.

Auminded
Auminded

(Best Description)
Go to your neighborhood store and buy a bag of lemons. Once you have acquired these lemons cut them in half and promptly squeeze them in your eyes.

Okay Okay, I am being a little harsh. While this fragrance does come off as a bit extreme, it does have some really good qualities. I did not see a problem with the longevity, in fact for a citrus type scent I think it works quite well.

This is a perfect Summer base. if you are into mixing fragrances this is for you. You can take this base and mix it with endless other fragrances. For that reason alone I will give it a decent rating. Definitely not the best from the Tom Ford House, but it is not terrible. A super clean, fresh out of the shower, Lysol on the floor, dish soap scent......If you like that.....Have at it.

Overall Fragrance: 5.7/10
Silage: 7/10

Thanks For Reading,
-Auminded

mildspicej17u55l
mildspicej17u55l

I don't know what to say. I just don't like it. It's like lemon squeezed on soap suds, shaving creme, wood, and sprayed with bug spray. Grosses me out.

Kdu
Kdu

I used yesterday, first impression was very good , lasts long on my skin ... sensational flavor ! 10/8

MehrSD
MehrSD

It is the first day that I'm using this frag. It's old and matured with a delicate scent. It is more Spicy than woody, I think.I can smell a bit sweetness either, but not much and the bitter side of it is more noticeable.
The longevity is good (less that 6 hours); however, projection is great for the firs 2 hours and then It subsides significantly in 2 hours as it can be smelled just near the skin. It means you need refresh it every 4 hours to have an acceptable silage if you mind this aspect of perfume.
It is a good perfume for Spring and a bit less for Fall For the price that you are spending, it is a bit disappointing. I expect more. After all, Although TFGV is a good frag for daily routines, it is not a good choice for night. I think it is a good stuff for males more than 40 years of age as it is a bit heavy.
Fr conclusion, I think you can purchase better perfumes by this range of price.

Rick Bennett
Rick Bennett

Tested from a small sample today and again this evening.
My (as usual amateur) review: like it very much.
I'm a vetiver freak now, so obviously got full-on vetiver from the start. I have Guerlain Vetiver and Encre Noir, and all I can say is that with Grey Vetiver I get the vetiver freshness but at the same time something kind of "cloudy/muddy " in the background at the start. This goes, and then it's slightly soapy, clean, fresh. It's already gorgeous by now, but it gets better. Clean, refined, subtle, delicious, it reminds me of "watery light". I know it has many other ingredients apart from vetiver, and I'm sorry I can't divide these from each other. I would have to use the word "beautiful" - I think in my limited experience I've only ever used that word before once and was describing Chanel Sycomore. As with the Chanel this is for me "not of this world" and definitely kind and benign, but the Chanel has more life and physicality. Which is why I'm still saving my pennies for the Chanel one day..... Here comes the weird descriptive bit: Grey Vetiver for me is me sitting in a large ground-floor room of an old house, empty, dusty and light, I'm watching the light summer rain on the windows trickling down outside, all the while in the presence of a ghost, a quiet, kind, but lost spirit that can be sensed but not seen.
Weird stuff aside, in any case it's a lovely, light, pleasant vetiver scent that I will definitely add to my collection. It lasts about 6 hours on the skin, soft to moderate silage. A daytime scent, I think I will wear this a lot.
July 2015

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ This is one of those negative reviews that many say they want to read and I am here to test that theory? With that said, I write it with "all due respect" to those that do enjoy this one. After ordering a sample and wearing TFGV for a few days having even tried to train my nose with multiple wearings to smell past the opening and dissect the few notes in the chain alas it is just not for me. Much like with TdH I just can't enjoy the combination of vetiver and citrus. To "my nose" it is just far too green, sharp, bitter and earthy! But this is definitely aptly named Grey because that is exactly the dismill color it evokes in me.
Kind Regards, Plat ~

(with a nod to performance)
Sillage ~ Perfect 8/10

بخش و موندگاریش خوبه بوی شیکی داره یاد دکترا میوفتم

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

@Takeshi
Many Tom Ford fragrances are made in Switzerland, so I do not think this fact indicates that you received a fake bottle.
Also, Grey Vetiver, in both the EDT and EDP versions do have a silver name plate as opposed to the gold name plate seen on Black Orchid.
If the colour of the juice, and glass, is more transparent than you expected, it may be that you received a bottle of the EDT. In this case the juice colour will be lighter than the EDP, and the bottle will be transparent as opposed to the EDP's opaque glass. Hope this helps :)

Takeshi

Rewrite: The reason, I didn't do the scent review the last time I was here.

So, the last time I was writing, I talked about the fake bottle that I got, so it's out there, the information is widely available on the net, please take a look and watch out for the dubious price tag and where they came from. Made in US of A, do you guys get this cheaper? I don't buy domestic brand so, any perfumes are quite expensive and the price fluctuates. I have some stock bottles for this GV, it's still one of my favorite bottle for any seasons, I love it.

Years ago, I didn't know anything about perfumes and wanted to get to know vetiver, I considered few and possibly this is the first bottle I bought, I most of the time buy without testing, mind you, and I started liking the note, vetiver has become the most favorite fragrance note of all so far. I've read a review where this person was saying that vetiver with citrus, he was questioning the combination, well,,,I wouldn't call myself a connoisseur of perfumes yet, so I just let the opinion slide, a tiny part of me kinda agrees with that statement though.

Another thing. Is this overpriced? IMO, it kinda depends like for me, the price is acceptable since I like the vetiver note so much, the performance is not too poor, it's all around good bottle, something I'd like to keep on my shelf as long as I can afford it.

I like this, yet it's kinda hard to judge, if I'm full of confidence, this does feel not enough. If I feel too casual, carefree, the bottle would say "Wait a minute, I'm not that cheap.". Now I'm looking back at the note pyramid, maybe there's something more than meets the eye, get it while you can?

If you're really new like I once was and looking for vetiver for the first time, you can just shut up your thoughts/consideration and head for another GV, which is a Guerlain Vetiver. Forget the old man smell, or what was it? A funeral home? I forgot. You can forget about the classic-ness of it, is this GV by TF still modern in few years from now?

Tom Ford has private blends which I haven't tried any of yet. Any of branded products are overpriced to some extent, and Tom Ford himself looks cool. I personally think this is way more to my taste than TF for Men, I'm proud to own this bottle. Good shit!

benja
benja

GV opening 8.5-10, dry- down 10-10
TFGV opening 10-10 dry- down 6-10
I prefer more comfortable, green Guerlain Vetiver, over very dry and gray, Gray Vetiver, also it's cheaper and has best dry- down.

MattyC
MattyC

What can I say about this that has not already been said? Nothing. Simply put this cologne is sophistication in a bottle, put on some nice shoes if you are going to wear this.

(edit) After a few weeks with this bottle I take my earlier statement back. Wear it all the time. wear it to bed. Its great juice.

jozemo
jozemo

Another knock it out the park scent from Tom Ford, I recently had to purchase this scent after the sample got used up!classy, soapy, and multitasking thru the seasons,if worn in moderation,can't stop reaching for it to wear, it's slowly becoming a go to bottle for me,
sillage is decent and the longevity is good enough,get some good compliments from this one.

OvidiuMadalin
OvidiuMadalin

If you are a young professional and wondering what you should wear at work I tell you this is it. It's lots of grapefruit (which stays there all the time and doesn't disappear after the opening) combined with a touch of vetiver and some wood (but still grapefruit is what I smell most). It works great in spring and summer and fits perfect in a work enviorment.

Longevity: 8-10 hours for me with 4-5 hours of projection before ending into a skin scent.
Projection: medium, someone will only smell it only if he is near you (which is exactly what I need at work).

Great scent!

Collector's rating: 9/10
Joe's rating: 8/10

P.S.: you should also check Guerlain L'Eau Boisee if you think lime would fit better the composition then the grapefruit.

9 May 2015

Takeshi

The best frag in my small collection. It works all year around. Calming and gives me a confident boost without getting in a way of anything. Tad pricy.

mashraf
mashraf

I bought this bottle due to the good reviews i read , i didn't know how vetiver smell like, when i received my bottle and sprayed it i immediately remembered another fragrance that i have long ago almost 12 years ago and i really hated it,it was dunhill edition. At this point i realised how vetiver smell. I decided to give grey vetiver a try,it was expensive, so on using it i started liking it getting used to vetiver even that in dunhil edition. Grey vetiver when u spray it you get sharp citrus as if someone squeezing the grape fruit on your nose shortly the woodsy vetiver begin to appear with orange blossom in very clean elegant way and stays quite a long time. Grey vetiver is a great perfume classy ,elegant,conservative i think it is excellent for formal situations i advice you to give it a try even if u don't like vetiver it can change your mind about it.

mruhollah
mruhollah

یکی از بهتریت رایحه های وتیور را در این عطر استشمام میکنید. با بازخورد بسیار بالا. رایحه ها بطور شگفت انگیزی با هم میکس شدند . و یه کار با کلاس را رقم زدند .مناسب تیپ رسمی . كاري بسيار شيك و خاص از تام فورد با ماندگاري متوسط و پخش بوي خوب. كلا كار بسيار با كلاسي هستش. البته نسبت به قيمتش ماندگاري نداره ولي تام فورده ديگه . با كيفيته
telegram.me/manaperfume

ShaverX

I will be purchasing this fragrance this summer. I had a small sample last summer and wore it on the hottest days. It is brilliant. It's got the smell of when it's super hot out then it rains. The smell of the rain on the hot concrete mixed with a light vetiver and some citrus and a little metallic. Very awesome for the summer. I will be buying a full bottle ASAP

Tassio12
Tassio12

Gorgeous scent. I love Guerlain Vetiver and always will, and it is difficult to compare the two. Difficult because despite their similarities, there are some obvious differences too. First, Tom Ford's opening is far superior to Guerlain's. I've learned to love Guerlain's harsh opening, but the first ten minutes of Tom Ford Vetiver is just heaven for vetiver lovers. Second - it is a smoother scent. Again, this has been said, but it truly smells smooth while Guerlain smells sharp. Tom Ford is way more versatile - you're not going to get too many "old man" comments. Guerlain has more depth of course, pretty obvious when you look at the notes. Guerlain is much less linear.

Either way,
Guerlain 10/10
Tom Ford 10/10

Unless you are a vetiver fan, I would argue owning both is redundant. And if you're not a vetiver fanatic and you want one, I'd have to go with Tom Ford. Not because it is better but because it is more versatile and yes, modern.

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

This is really different from anything else in my collection. I generally tend to the sweeter and muskier concoctions like Tobacco Vanille or Spice Bomb. I was looking for something fresh and appropriate for a beautiful spring day. I am running low on Italian Cypress and I was looking for an alternative. The Tom Ford representative at Bloomingdales suggested Grey Vetiver.
At first I wasn't sure about it. It smelled lemony and soapy and didn't contain any of the earthy herbal smell I was looking for. I almost returned it... then I went to the gym. While I was working out I noticed that I was radiating a clean fresh scent that had just a touch of sweetness to it. When I got out of the shower and put on the shirt I had been wearing earlier in the day, it smelled amazing. It smelled like a field of knee high grass on a hot summer day.
Grey vetiver is a smell that is clean and refreshing. It opens up with the smell of Citrus and orange blossoms and then the sage and vetiver take a prominent position. Finally, it fades into a blush of oakmoss. It has a level of sophistication that took me several wearings to adjust too. Italian cypress seems clumsy, clunky and overbearing compared to the subtlety that is Grey Vetiver. It is a perfect summer and spring suit and tie scent. Perfect for the office.

k_althawadi
k_althawadi

got it yesterday and i cant wait to use it, im in love with gurelain vetiver i hope this one is batter

edit: i defiantly love it 9/10 one of the best tom fords

gurelain vetiver 10/10

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

I've sampled EVERY different Tom Ford fragrance and I always come back to this. It's crisp neroli citrus and woodsy vetiver at its finest. Amazing longevity, like 10 hours and it's still quite fragrant on my skin. This is solid quality sophistication in a bottle. My signature day time workplace and formal scent. I live in a tropical climate.

I Imagine taking a shower in an expensive hotel in the Tuscan countryside before driving to lunch in a grey Aston Martin. This juice oozes opulence, cleanliness, and status.

#1 Tom Ford Fragrance
Top 5 Fragrance

Masterpiece.

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

I love this fragrance. I discovered vetiver when i got a bath shower gel of Haitian Vetiver from Yves Rocher and i love the scent. Its just the only green note i can stand apart from neroli and bergamont. This is perfect. I'm not good at picking apart a fragrance, but i know Tom Ford fragrances are not boring and have good longevity. A must have in my wardrobe.

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I just don't care for this one. TF Grey Vetiver is essentially a vetiver fragrance for people who don't like vetiver. Sure, there is vetiver in this fragrance, but it is so muted by a cacophony of citrus and herbs that it becomes almost unrecognizable.

Others here have compared Grey Vetiver to Guerlain Vetiver. That is true, but only to a very limited extent. I might argue that Grey Vetiver represents an effort by Tom Ford to combine two classics - Guerlain Vetiver and Eau Sauvage. Mix 2 parts Eau Sauvage + 1 part Vetiver and you will approximate Grey Vetiver. Trouble is, Grey Vetiver turns out to be much less than the sum of its parts. And it's completely redundant for anyone who owns one or both of these two classics.

This fragrance can't seem to decide whether it is a traditional citrus-based cologne or an earthier, vetiver-based fragrance. It contains aspects of both but ultimately comes across as a timid and dull reimagining of two retro classics. There are many very good vetiver scents available at the moment, so I can't fathom choosing this one over much better alternatives from the likes of Chanel, Guerlain, CdG, Diptyque, etc.

Save your $$ - you can pick up BOTH Guerlain Vetiver and Eau Sauvage from online discounters for less than the retail price of a bottle of Grey Vetiver.

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Encre Noir made me fall in love with Vetiver. Guerlain Vetiver made me want to wear it every day. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver made the rest of my collection partially redundant, and is now my signature scent. A spectacular blend of grapefruit, lemongrass, cool citrus, nutmeg, clove, vetiver... and a few droplets of magic... Bright, clean, professional, elegant, classy and extremely sexy. It's a simple scent yet very complex. It is rooty and dirty yet immaculately crisp and clean. It has warmth yet is ice cold at the same time, like a sip of Belvedere vodka, straight out of the freezer. Phenomenal.

PGHChris
PGHChris

This fragrance is a fantastic way to introduce yourself to the quality of Tom Ford without having to splurge on one of the Private Collection offerings. I hate to beat this in even further, but - clean, very clean, and masculine. Its as if someone took Guerlain Vetiver and modernized and concentrated it. I'm not saying they're the same, obviously, but I find some striking similarities; mainly in the fresh, citrusy notes. The vetiver note in Grey Vetiver is substantially richer, and more luxurious, which I think makes this a more elegant and classy choice. Great for spring and summer, and maybe even early fall, and far enough from the "norm" that you'll be fairly safe from smelling like every other guy around. In my opinion, it is a much better alternative to a lot of the more "modern" smelling, popular fragrances for young men; a must-add to the collection of the man who wishes to be distinguished without being stuffy.

Ulusia
Ulusia

I tested both edp and edt. Edp has much better longevity. Edt is more citrusy and in edp vetiver is more prominent. I prefer more edp as it is more rounded. Probably the best vetiver fragrance I have ever tried. ;o)

cl600599
cl600599

i own this cologne

its a must buy

very classic scent

not a heavy or too strong.

you want to keep smelling it

go and try it on, you will love it- will make a great gift

Ricardo the Great

Beautiful fragrance. One of the best vetivers you can buy. Wonderfully clean, masculine fragrance. Great frag for any event (day or evening), but especially good for the office.

Little Prince
Little Prince

My favorite Tom Ford so far. This is an excellent modern, rich and crispy composition that has a soapy quality with some powder on dry down. It gives also a spicy, mossy feel and leaves a nice ambergris infused trail. A nice start for vetiver beginners since it is a friendly composition also kind of complex (this I didn't expect) that can be worn all year around without becoming a bore. Vetiver lovers looking for something new besides the classics should check this out too. Personally what I enjoy about this fragrance the most is that what stays on clothes smells like a carnal, slightly spicy masculine body odor and I identify it more as a natural odor than a fragrance that has dried down and vanished. In other words your clothes smell like having been infused by your natural body aroma and not by some perfume.

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

Ah, I knew I could smell nutmeg and citrus! This is why it reminds me of Cacharel's Pour Homme, though the drydown features more vetiver.

I sprayed this while out testing other perfumes today. My nose was overwhelmed with all the patchouli soup and fudge on offer to women these days, so Grey Vetiver was a tonic for my nose.

It would work well as a unisex perfume in summer I think. It's not sportsy or too much of a fougere. Very nice. Elegant and low key

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Overall: 9.50/10
Here's Why:
Upfront: The smell of wet, thriving plant life is the clear front runner here.
Shiny, modified vetiver takes over: leaving out the dirty, stank vetiver. This one is clean and linear.
A loud, lemony note sneaks its way through the opening lingering just above the mix.
A rather traditional scent as far as the musk elements and drydown..
The woody notes are more green woods, fresh cut bamboo grass.
This smells and projects wonderfully for 8-12 hours and performs best in moderate climates.
Plays very well with others, try spraying this with something a little lighter (maybe D&G Light blue or Chanel Bleu)
Wonderful.

KouKanamiya
KouKanamiya

To set some context, I'm one of those people with strange skin chemistry where fragrances often don't smell the way they should on me (e.g. floral turns soapy, smokey turns sweet, sweet turns really sweet, spicy turns smokey, and citrus turns floral), so imagine my predicament and challenge in finding the right fragrance. With that being said, vetiver is one of those scents that for some odd reasons, tend to turn pistachio in scent on my skin. I don't have anything against pistachio, but I don't want to smell like one. Therefore, imagine my very pleasant surprise when I tried Grey Vetiver and found that it stays crisp, fresh, and neutral on my skin throughout. Most of Tom Ford's fragrance either don't work or is pretty unremarkable on me (as in can't really smell any uniqueness), but this one wins, hands down. The scent keeps me energized, and it's clean and refreshing for as long as it stays on my skin. Sillage and longevity are weak, but it is definitely my favorite vetiver scent so far. Thumbs up!

meysam vazifeh
meysam vazifeh

بویی خاکی مانند همراه خنکی که زیاد باطراوت نیست
ولی کاملا با کیفیته
بوی غالب عطر همین طور که از اسمش پیداست ، وتیور هست
بعد از حدود 5 دقیقه کم کم گریپ فروت با اون ترشی و تلخی خاصش ، عطر رو شاداب میکنه
حالا این وضعیت عطر یکم متفاوت تر میشه با اضافه شدن
به گفته یکی از دوستان واقعا این عطر بوی طبیعت میده
خیلی خیلی با کیفیت درستش کردند طوری که آدم احساس
میکنه تو دل طبیعت این بو به مشامش میخوره
فکر نکنم این عطر کسی رو آزار بده
کاملا عطری رسمی - به نظرم تمام افراد بالغ میتونند از این عطر استفاده کنند ولی با کت و شلوار یه حس دیگه ای داره

brucifer
brucifer

I can see the mass appeal for this one. It smells good and is friendly and safe. It reminds me of DKNY Men 2009, the TF is a lil sweeter though. So grab the DKNY if you want a cheaper similar smelling fragrance.

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

Excellent opening, really stunning...However, shame about the dry-down, I couldn't stomach it then.

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is a masterpiece...

For those looking for an entry level niche fragrance, look no more - TF Grey Vetiver is a great starting point. That was me about a year ago when I took that "leap of faith", not to mention, paying the extra $$$ (USD), for Tom Ford's Noir. I haven't looked back..!!

TFGV is a clean, fresh, and "outdoorsy" fragrance that portrays class, eloquence, and masculinity. Grey Vetiver provides above average longevity, lasting about 6 to 8 hours on my skin, and even longer on clothing. The projection/sillage is modest, however, this might not be a bad thing - my girlfriend loves the fragrance and frequently suggests that she only smells it when she enters "my space" - I am totally good with her being in "my space"..!! Additionally, this might work out well in an office environment where the is no danger of the fragrance being offensive. GV provides great flexibility - I am comfortable wearing daily in the office (yes, I do wear a suit and tie..), to more formal events, or even the casual outings. While most reviewers suggest Spring and Summer for wear, given the "outdoorsy" notes of vetiver, I respectfully disagree - I like it in Fall and Winter (too..).

The bottle and packaging are first class. I am especially fond of the bottle - something about it that exudes confidence. Well done, Mr. Ford. While probably still at the lower end of niche fragrances, the price/value is below average, but I would suggest that you cannot place a value on compliments and confidence while wearing the fragrance. You will not be disappointed...

My final tally for Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is 4.5 stars out of 5. This is a first class scent that everyone should have in their collection.

Enjoy your day and make it count... Invest your time rather than wasting it..

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

GV by TF is truly gray
Not sparkling or dark but neutral
Some citrus some woods
Little woods
Mature

Lesser
Lesser

Can vetiver smell like carrots?
I got my hands on a bottle of this juice and being a hyped up scent I was actually expecting quite a fragrance but the initial impression let me down.

all I could think about was shredded carrots and some light woodsy notes.
luckily I was able to swap my bottle for some Other great perfumes.

I don't believe the hype about this one but I do agree that Tom Ford is an Excellent perfumer. Or at least is inspired by great perfumes

Overall impression, this one let me down, although not a bad fragrance per se.

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

TF Grey Vetiver is a nice vetiver + citrus fragrance that I find very pleasing to the nose. It seems that I like my vetiver best when it is combined with a bright citrus and this case the citrus (if it can be called a citrus) is grapefruit. I also smell some aldehydes contributing to the bright cheeriness of this juice and perhaps a bit of the listed orange blossom. I don't pick up any of the listed "woodsy" notes apart from the vetiver, however.
I think this is a very classy fragrance that can be worn both in the office and in a formal environment. Since it is an EdP it lasts a good long time but is isn't particularly strong in projection thereby making is a safe choice for most office environments.
I really like TF Grey Vetiver and I hope to add my first TF to my collection soon. However I am not sure this is THE one at this point in time. There are TF's that I would like to sample first such as TV and NP and probably TL as well.

weaselize

Strange, i read stories about a poor performance. I bought this juice a year ago and never had any problems with that. It lasts a whole day on me with good projection. This is my favourite summer scent for real hot days. Can,t believe people sayin this is weak. Maybe you,ve got the edt? Or what i can believe is if you,re wearing tobacco vanilla whole the time,.which is nuclear and can even choke people that you compare it with that yess.
If you,re a nuclear perfume user then yess all the rest might seem weak but grey vetiver perfume isn,t weak at all!!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Grey Vetiver is a good contemporary vetiver, “grey” in fact as regards of its sort of urban and discreet elegance, with a subtle smoky undertone well contrasting the luminous head notes. Clean and sharp, but also showing a pleasant feel of “dark” refinement. Simple, versatile, safe in pretty much any circumstance: a compelling modern version of a classic vetiver cologne, that sort of fresh-woody stuff you can bath in any time of the year always smelling nice and elegant. Surely not that unique or groundbreaking, but classy, well made and highly enjoyable.

henriques
henriques

When I found out TF Grey Vetiver and read everything about that, I thought "THAT is what I'm looking for... It's certainly going to be my signature!"
Well, almost!

This is a masterpiece, a classic one!
Light white citrus, obstinated vetiver/woody (not too earth, not too green, not strong, just persistent), and a little bit of spices. Yes, it's really like a grey color!

Unfortunattely, in the end, Grey Vetiver doesn't make my heart beats stronger. I was expecting something sharper, more "vintage/voyage/rock'n'roll" vibe.

However this is very very confort and consistent, and it lasts all day long. This fragrance reminds me tailoring smell - like a just made suit. Maybe it's on purpose. Perfect for the office!

psychoskip
psychoskip

My favorite vetiver.

Clean, yet earthy. Bright, but dull. The dry down is more amazing than the opening, to me. The dry down has me buring my face in my garments whiffing the fragrance I sprayed 8 hours ago.

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

My first impression was, Tom Ford you deceive us so with brash, beautiful openings that wilt to nothing within an hour? This vetiver is the handsome dinner guest who falls asleep after two drinks.
After a few wears I have to revise my opinion. There are still issues with longevity but the drydown is as lovely as the opening. This isn't damp or heavy like many vetivers, instead it's zesty, fresh and the orris root stands out. Great stuff.

John Mason
John Mason

Modern, weaker and subdued vetiver. Remains fresh and weakly medicinal. The composition is simple and works wonders.
The dominant note is obviously vetiver, the rest either subdues it or gives it a slight twist and turn.
At first, it's cold. After only several seconds, it allows you to peek in its insides and magically turns itself into this amazing vetiver, woody almost cologne like scent. It can get even powdery, and also it's both dry and wet (at the same time), fresh and clean.
As an EdP, it's weak, but you can't go wrong with this.
It's definitely a keeper. Can be used for formal wear because it's not offensive, it keeps its space though. Good for casual wear or even morning jogging, if you like that kind of style.
I recommend this for vetiver beginners and younger males.
On my skin lasts for 6 hours, 8 on a paper strip.

fhr
fhr

Grey Vetiver is great! Sometimes I forget to wear my vetivers but any time coming back to my list and try those I got stuck at this Tom Ford. No doubt this is period, no doubt this is modern, and safe if considering to wear this as office scent. This scent is very elegant, subtle, even if wearing a pair of jeans I feel all the times well dressed if I smell this on myself, u know what i mean...
If you read this might you are interested or you already know the secret: this is the best vetiver this days... Big BRAVO Tom Ford!!!
ps its sold as EDP but works like an EDT, ..I don't care, love this as it is :-)

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This is a good vetiver, not my favorite, but it's well done. It's very citrusy and a clean, smooth vetiver. Very classy. Longevity isn't that great though.

kgro16
kgro16

It's just bad. I wanted to like it because it's TF and I like so many of his other fragrances, but this did not cut it. I put it on at Sephora and hated it immediately. I kept it on to see if it would grow on me and it didn't. Too earthy.

nero77
nero77

The "Modern" Vetiver...

Tom Ford has a thing for recreating older, classic fragrances for the modern-day market. Here, he took on the note of Vetiver, a note with a history of use in men's fragrances (ever since Guerlain's classic in 1959). Because of this, he also associates Vetiver with male tailored clothing & style, as well as money. I think this is what he was aiming for here with his Grey Vetiver, a modern take on an old classic note.

Grey Vetiver opens up with a citrus top of Grapefruit, Orange Blossom and Sage, but the Veitver is there from the start. This is also a somewhat linear scent, as the Vetiver note is present from start to finish. I also get Nutmeg, Pimento and a dry, almost powder-like Orris note in the background followed by Oakmoss and some woods in the dry-down. I see this as something of a "suit and tie" or "corporate boardroom" type of fragrance, and I think it would work better on men than women, but could also be worn as unisex.

Ultimately, for me... Having tried the Guerlain Vetiver before trying the Tom Ford, I find that I like the Guerlain version more (to me it smells more natural), but that doesn't mean Grey Vetiver doesn't have it's place. For one thing, it's in Eau de Parfum concentration, and does smell "modern" to most people, while the Guerlain can come across with mixed reactions from many people.

I think this is great, fresh, work fragrance but in my opinion it could also be worn in a casual setting. I also think that for people who don't like a deep, smoky type of Vetiver (or for people who don't like Vetiver as a note) would find this easier to warm up to and appreciate (and ultimately wear).

Overall I would say, if you didn't like the Guerlain, you will probably like this one, and if you did like the Guerlain, you will find this more accessible to wear in the modern day (ie it will "fit in" with modern trends). I do think this is a "safe" fragrance, but at least it's an extremely well-made one, and one which I wish more men would wear these days... instead of the tiring, boring aquatic nonsense which has flooded the male market so recently. A good "modern" male fragrance. Well made and up-to-date.

diorshowman
diorshowman

The best vetiver fragrnace ever made. Other vetivers smell dated compared to this modern marvel. This is what i imagine Tom ford himself smelling like. The opening is tart and dusty, with light florals in the back that keeps this from being too smokey. A very good signature scent if you are looking for one and a fantastic work scent as well. Wear this thing to close a business deal.

Longevity:B
Projection:B
Uniqueness:B
Versatility:A
OVERALL: B+

Redbeard
Redbeard

A nice, quiet vetiver with a subtle opening. Green but not intensely so, with just a bit of EdC-like floral citrus to liven things up. Grey is definitely the right color, because even though there's a decent amount of lemon in the top, the underlying foliage is rather subdued. The lemon actually does a nice, balanced job of accenting the other notes, rather than sitting on top and screaming like a bright yellow foghorn, as so often happens. In the middle I'm detecting just a dash of sweet spices, probably nutmeg, and this contributes to an overall tan or golden sweetness rather than the green sweetness you'd expect from vetiver, and a feeling more of autumn than springtime. TFGV would be good for conservative office settings or job interviews because it is so staid, which unfortunately means there's not much about it that stands out for its price. The sweetness level is very low, though, and while that's not as uncommon in vetiver frags as in some other categories, I still appreciate it. I just can't deal with it for a whole day because the base is too "perfumey" like AdP Intensa.

silentman26
silentman26

Versatile, high quality and well blended. Citrusy, spicy and woody. A big blast of citruses, mint and warm vetiver. A blend of herbs and woods that add variety. A signature fragrance, almost niche/private blend quality. The best spring fragrance i've smelled so far. Mostly for daytime wear. For those who love vetiver. Amazing scent. Kudos Tom Ford.

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

Grey Vetiver is a modern, sincere take on a classic scent, and it sacrifices zero integrity in exchange for accessibility. Many people have described this as a great office/work scent and rightfully so, as it's quite inoffensive, clean and mature. One look at the bottle's sleek design and you know exactly what they were aiming for. It's a very minimal, soft, frosted glass that would be equally at home in an episode of Madmen or on some college student's dresser. Fantastic marketing.

Bright, uplifting citrus (I get a grapefruit and lemon vibe) tamed and balanced by a pleasant, earthy vetiver. Dirty sunshine. It's currently my favorite scent for the office, and it's safe for most seasons, though it may struggle a bit in winter. Projection and longevity are superbly fit for this type of fragrance and the occasions it calls for. Definitely better than some of the offerings in Tom Ford's private blend collection that are almost three times the price. Nothing groundbreaking or avant-garde, just pure quality. A real mood brightener.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Starts off very with very cool, almost cold, citrus and then quickly becomes spicy. Yet it manages to stay cool, not in a refreshing way but in a dry, dusty sort of way.

It's a little distant and impersonal for my taste, but somehow I can't say it doesn't smell good.

mdunford
mdunford

Update, four months later:

I think I just didn't "understand" vetiver very well as a note the first time I put this on. After a few months of sniffing, I've decided that I really like this. It's still sharp and aggressive on my skin, but what smelled like a chemical solvent/mosquito repellent accord hasn't been there in my last two testings. Now I just smell green vetiver. Explosions of it. I want this now!

My original impression:

I really want to like this. On paper, it smells like a fresh green citrus blast--bitter white grapefruits--and dries down quickly to a vibrant, leafy take on vetiver with a base of ocean salt.

On my skin, it smells like a mosquito repellent bomb exploding in a paper mill. Sharp, DEET-like, headache inducing. Sad.

Gwizz
Gwizz

Grey Vetiver, to me is almost a misnomer for this scent. There is nothing grey about this at all! As a matter of fact, there isn't a great deal that's vetiver about this scent either... It opens with an amazing lime and grapefruit accord, backed by a kind of indistinct woody/nutty note. Initially, I can hardly identify the vetiver in it at all. As it hits the mid point, that grassiness does emerge, but it's definitely the dryer, less rooty form. The citrus stays with you all along, with a nice spice accord also, but as a whole this fragrance takes a fairly linear journey really. I am a massive fan of vetiver, but I do prefer the really rooty, wet variety, the more brutal, the better. Take Route Du Vetiver or Encre Noir for instance, so in that aspect, I found the Tom Ford take a little disappointing, but that is quite obviously a personal taste thing. I think generally, vetiver is better suited to the colder months, but on the flip side, this is one going to be lovely for summer! I really struggle when it comes to finding summer fragrances, so GV is going to fit the bill perfectly. In fact, I am about to escape wintery Melbourne for a sojourn in the pacific islands in a few weeks and Grey Vetiver, alongside, Tarocco and Green Irish Tweed, shall be the first things I pack!

Honestly, this is a wonderfully executed warm weather fragrance, bursting with perfectly expressed citrus that's tamed by spices and woods and underpinned by this very subtle, yet beautiful vetiver. Being that the vetiver note isn't over the top, it's also a great introduction to the genre for those who are curious, or unsure if vetiver is up their olfactory alley. It has excellent silage and unlike a great number of TF frags, it's longevity is excellent. 8hrs at least before needing to reapply. I must add, for those who are a bit put off by citrus, please endeavour to be patient with the opening. Although I'd suggest this scent is rather linear, the notes eventually come into harmonious accord once the citrus settles, to produce a dry down that is quite special indeed! So, my review here may seem a tad bi-polar, but that's what this scent does to me! I'd happily recommended this. Apart from the magnificent Sahara Noir, this is the best value for money I've found amongst the non-private blend Tom Ford offerings. Go for it!

StardustHK
StardustHK

Grey Vetiver is certainly a good take on vetiver, but for me it smells extremely dry, almost sharp and headache inducing. I find Guerlain's Vetiver with its wet earth vibe to be a much more comforting scent.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

My all-time favorite work scent. It's sharp but clean. Manly, yet wearable. But this scent can be worn for any occasion and during all season. I highly recommend this one. It is a great beginner vetiver frag. If you don't love vetiver, you might love this one. Don't discount it just because it has the name vetiver in it. It's very citrusy and clean with a good amount of woods. Classic. Happy Hunting@

sharmap14
sharmap14

whoever commented down below that it has a initial blast of this fragrance smells of cocaine, lol its true when you first spray it and if you have ever done cocaine. it does smell like it :P

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

July 3, 2014 sampled at Sephora's.

I sampled this a few years ago and right away I got a Guerlain Vetiver KNOCK OFF. I guess you can say TF "added" to it but without a doubt the idea is and will always be Guerlian Vetiver.

Having said that compared to the other offerings it wasn't that bad.

Fast Forward to today and it is a COMPLETELY different scent. Whatever they put in it now are exactly the same ingredients as you will find in drugstore fragrances that sell for under $20. I can't name the exact chemicals sorry but the smell is there.

Don't be fooled. There is a huge difference from what once WAS to what now IS.

ShaverX

Like a steel factory in the middle of the woods with a cool citrusy ocean breeze flowing past it.

In other words a uniquely wonderful scent. Also a bit reminiscent of when I was a kid on a hot summer day and it would start to rain. The smell of the hot concrete being rained on. This is amazing stuff. Got a free sample at sephora and next time im there it's all mine!

mariomario
mariomario

Hi
After spending time to find out best fragrance for men finly I finds tom ford gray vitiver
This is the best smell I ever snif actually
Go for it

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

Am I the only one that smells a powdery cocaine like top note in this fragrance?

bart4543
bart4543

i can appreciate the quality and composition but this is not my cup of tea

veies.rr
veies.rr

Grey Vetiver is a contemporary manly and rather 'dry' fragrance for the younger and older man who loves vetiver and citric notes in his fragrance. Although it is an EDP it is not too heavy for day time use, on the contrary. In my view Grey Vetiver is a long lasting perfume (two sprays will do) with moderate silage for all seasons and suitable for both casual and stylish occasions. You simply can't go wrong with this fragrance. Perfect creation Tom Ford!

psebi101
psebi101

What a lovely scent, vetiver blended with a touch of citrus. Beauty of simplicity! This is clean and fresh, can be a signature scent and worn casual or dressed up. This is how a man should smell. It's not complex, but yet sophisticated.

Projection: 7/10

drakecito
drakecito

To me it's a too classic citrus-vetiver scent.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Well made but a little simple and boring. Good for daily use.

After the first minutes is close to the skin and longevity is moderate (I can't detect it 6-7 hours later).

I think that it's a bit overpriced.

scent: 6.5/10
longevity: 6.5/10
sillage: 5/10

I will follow testing to see if I catch the point...

ghent32
ghent32

Ok, this stuff is really out of sight. I had been wanting to try this and some others because my usual summer lineup was needing some new life, so while at Sephora the other day I blind bought this.

This stuff is every single thing you want from a summer cologne. I'm not in any manner a fan of vetiver, hate it. But in this juice it's very tame, so that it supports the other citrus and marine notes. I find this refreshing, uplifting, and very aromatic. All that makes it a summer frag.

What makes it a classic is the projection and longevity. I believe it's the vetiver in this that serves as the strength and backbone, and makes it last forever. This literally will last on me for 10+ hours, and for summer that makes it a hit.

Blind buy turned into a spot on my summer top 5 list along with ADG, Polo Blue, Versace Eau Fraiche, and L'eau D'Issey

ssjohn
ssjohn

It's a great scence ! Clean and soft, but very lasting ! It's a gem that I find. Thank u, Tom Ford !

ArtzGirl
ArtzGirl

Does it get ANY Better than THIS?

I love Vetiver... and have ever since an ex-boyfriend wore this over 15 years ago. Funny, but Vetiver is so memorable that it always brings back fond memories.

Is this a love potion? I'm not sure... but it is definitely an aphrodisiac! This is a HOT fragrance. I've tried a number of different Vetiver fragrances - and this is one of the lighter wearing Vetivers that could possibly be a unisex type blend. I could definitely see women wearing this- particularly if they like green fragrances that have a sweetness about them.

I'm wearing this beside the Trish McEvoy Oud - and they are a great blend together, although they are not mixed directly together.

I would love to see what would happen if you cross a Vetiver with a musk and sandalwood. I'm sure that would be very alluring and would draw you in, as well!

-----------

This vetiver is elegant and green - it is a bit softer than some of the other brands that I've tried. I also like Creed's Vetiver (which is more green that Tom Ford's blend) - and one of my favorites is the Guerlain brand - but that is definitely an All Male blend... (it would be way too strong for a woman).

This is awesome stuff. You can't go wrong with something this classic! I feel a number of people would love this - and you'd probably receive non-stop compliments all day!

kami07
kami07

با سلام تام فورد كلا كارش درسته تو ساخت عطر خيلي خلاقه اين كار از وتيور گرلن خيلي بهتر و با كيفيت تره به قوله يكي از دوستان كه بو ميكشي تا ديافراگمت از جا در بيا راست ميگه خس خس به معناي واقعي البته با تم مركباتي پخش بو و ماندگاري از نظر من عالي امتحان كنيد بد نيست تا حالا ٢بطري ازش گرفتم

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

This is a manly eau de toilette.
Tom Ford is a giant!

garmonbozia
garmonbozia

Grey Vetiver Tom Ford for men is fresh, strong, bright, sharp and cold. Honestly, it smells like a freshly painted wooden bench which stands somewhere by the ocean. It's a very original and quite pleasant scent.
It is the best vetiver I've ever smelt. This is the only vetiver used in a perfume which doesn't smell like a soapy old fellow.
It's a scent for grown ups dressed up in suits. I can't imagine 20-years old guy wearing it to jeans and T-shirt. It would be out of place and clearly a profanation.
The longevity and sillage is enormous. Apply it cautiously because the scent might give you a headache if overdosed.

lakkiirfan
lakkiirfan

One Word
ELEGANT

Pelander
Pelander

I can't wait to own this! But I must be patient and wait a little because it's a bit expensive here in Spain. I tested it several times after getting a sample and it's delicious!!!

Love at first sniff: Fresh and woody, classic and modern. Pure class sillage. For me, it's much better than Guerlain Vetiver which, personally, don't like it.

Don't know why but this scent makes me think about successful man (not just a business man, a successful man in any profession or work).

It's a very sexy scent and women around you loves it but use in moderation.

I can't wait, I can´t wait...

Edit.- Finally, I got it. I can´t love it more....

tjbrosch
tjbrosch

This is one that I can imagine smelling differently on anyone who wears it. I get hits of citrus, wood and spice, but you can never quite grasp it. I'm intrigued to see how others will react to it when I'm wearing it.

Manny44
Manny44

I don't hate this cologne but I don't like it either. Bit too earthy for me. Something in the spice notes here that is too old-school masculine in the way that a strong oakmoss note can be.

ryzrien
ryzrien

Just got a sample today. Very strong n masculine. A little bit spicy. Actually I don't know if I like this scents or not. My 1st smell, I dont like it.. But and then I smell again. It's superb. for me, this EDP is very long lasting. After 8 hours n take a bath, I still can smell a little bit. very nice.

Silage - 7/10
Longevity - 10/10
TOTAL - 9/10

nasvoulg
nasvoulg

Very nice fragrance indeed. At first sniff much similar to Guerlain's Vetiver. At the dry down almost identical to Atelier Cologne Vetiver fatal. If you want to combine those two just go for it!

taskalizer
taskalizer

I just got my precious Tom Ford from the mail, and man am I in love! This one already summarizes EIGHT fragrances in my wardrobe, making them completely redundant and irrelevant: it has the manliness of Bleu de Chanel, the cleanliness of Prada Amber pour Homme, the slightly rough vetiver aspect of Terre de Hermes, the transparency of Acqua di Gio, the greenness of 212 Men Carolina Hererra, the muskiness of Bvlgari pour Homme, the marineness of Cool Water, and the dryness of Emporio Armani Lui (my former signature scent). What a masterpiece, wow wow wow!!

KlownvonnomaD
KlownvonnomaD

The initial burst of Vetiver is outstanding.
Hints of citrus bubble up after a little while, but on the whole the Vetiver remains ever present.
Love this frag

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Grey vetiver is a very well balanced perfume.

Easy to wear, linear and comfortable, grey vetiver relies heavily on... well... Vetiver! How shocking!

To give it credit, it's one of the best vetiver scents in the market even arguably better than Guerlain vetiver pour homme. It's clean and soapy, it goes well on summer days as an everyday scent for working men... Maybe managers or CEOs!! lol...

My only problem I have with this scent is that I absolutely hate perfumes heavy on vetiver... I hate vetiver! :(

Oh! Despite it's close to the skin nature, it laaaaaaasts a really long time! +12 hours easily!

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام .به نظر منهم این عطر اولش بوی هویج میده! بعدش فرق میکنه یجور تم دودی هم داره کار باکلاس و خیلی خوبیه ماندگاری خیلی خوبی داره اما در پخش بو انتظاراتی که از برند تام فورد میره رو برآورده نکرد ولو اینکه رایحه خنک باشد.

HickorySmoke
HickorySmoke

Already being a fan of this house. I took a gamble after reading some of the reviews on fragrantica, and man did it pay off. I'm going back tomorrow for another bottle since I know for a fact I'm going to burn through this by the end of spring. My wife loves it and so do I which is rare since our tastes in fragrances often aren't the same. I received a compliment from a guy from work which blew my mind since you don't here to many roughnecks ask what fragrance your wearing and then rave about how good it smells...lol. Two women on the way home asked me what I was wearing. Then my wife asked me when I walked in the door. It seems a wide variety of people like this scent.

I've never had a scent which changed so traumatically. When I first opened the box and removed the cap, I received a huge blast of what smelled like Deep Woods Off. After spraying it I was still a bit on the fence about it. This was short lived though and transformed into a scent I couldn't get enough of.

I'm so happy I found this kick ass spring/summer scent...highly recommended!!!
10/10!!

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

I bought it for myself (woman, 36 years old). To me Grey Vetiver smells creamy, woodsy, soft and mesmerizing. My daughter's first words were: "Mom, you smell like the seaside- very salty, like seashells and warm sand."
I just love it.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford EDP I am totally in love with you. I have been wanting to purchase this fragrance for a long time since it has gotten many, many positive reviews. I finally decided to buy it and I am 100% glad I did. Last night I sprayed some on my wrist and this morning when I woke up I could still smell it. So, I decided to wear it to work this morning. I have already gotten four compliments and I love that.
I love Vetiver based colognes and I have a few, but this one is on TOP OF MY LIST!
It combines the vetiver with citrus and I love that combination. I will be wearing this exquisite fragrance very often from now on.

RedDog
RedDog

I'd just like to note that this is Hugh Jackman's signature cologne. ;)

railanglois
railanglois

A whole lot of sharp vetiver, clean though, not too smoky. Lots of citrus too, very masculine.

muffe
muffe

It's vetiver. If you like vetiver wear it. If not then pass on it.

Antares811
Antares811

Delicious vetiver male scent. Recommended.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

Before sampling TFGV I thought, how could this top Guerlain's Vetiver? I'm happy to say that this is a terrific take on vetiver. It's sharp citrus on top and dries down with a woody basenote. TFGV lasts and lasts, too. Office safe, but you probably won't smell like your co-worker in the cube next to you. Perfection in a bottle.10/10

Roman86
Roman86

Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is pretty good stuff but the price it goes for nowadays is outrageous. I had a 50 ml bottle a handful of years ago that I was able to buy rather affordably and wore it a lot during the summer days. This works beautifully in hot weather where you can just spray the heck out of it even if it is the parfum concentration. I'm not usually a fan of these kind of fragrances where the vetiver is the main star but Grey Vetiver is really well made and sophisticated.

orestes
orestes

maybe the best male vetiver fragrance in this time!

asia.kfiatek
asia.kfiatek

I'm not afraid of wearing scents for men, since they often combine my favourite notes. This however is not for me. Too much citrus, not enough warmth and not enough complexity. I would like it on my man on a summer's day, on myself - I need some more spice and some more wood. Still, another nice fragrance from Tom Ford.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Comforting, subtly sweet and clean. Lots of cool vetiver and something like lilac... It has a soft, grey scent like rain on pavement. I love it <3

jp1990
jp1990

Was excited to try this but was dissapointed slightly. Not a bad scent but not my kind of juice. Opens with a very strong sour citrus. It does dry down and becomes smoother as the woody notes come into play. The vetiver is quite nice but I just cant get past this sour vibe.

I didnt leave it on my wrist long enough to judge longevity but after about 4 hours or so it still seemed pretty strong so I imagine longevity and sillage would be above average.

Overall nice scent, just not something I would like to wear myself.

weaselize

verrry spicy and verrry icey, perfect for hot sunny days

Marciu
Marciu

I gave it a try again few days ago and... BANG! I started to like it. So I want to write an honest review about it.

I could really feel the quality of this fragrance. It smells natural, without any chemical synthetics. I'd say that it smells like a lemon-grapefruit drink on ice. There are two things noticeable from the first sniff - the burst of citruses is very natural. There is a hint of spice to make it sharper. The next thing is that this scent is "cold" from top to bottom. It doesn't warm up at any time.

Longevity is really good - it lasted about 10 hours on my hand with 2 sprays. Excellent result for a fresh fragrance. Sillage could be better though. That's why it's perfect for office use - people will notice (and probably compliment) you in closer touch.

I'd say it's good for spring summer and fall, but I see wearing it myself on a warm (but not hot) spring day during business meeting wearing a suit or shirt and a tie.

It's one of three best vetyver fragrances for me - along with Montale Red Vetyver and Lalique Encre Noire. For now it's not a must have, but who knows...

7/10 from me.

Critic
Critic

Vetiver is an intense note. It's very hard to make a vetiver smell unique. Tom Ford's vetiver is nothing new. It's Guerlain's Vetiver minus the tobacco. More linear, more well behaved and a bit smoother.

Very nice though.

9/10.

Michael1962
Michael1962

GV is very clean and citrusy fresh with the right amount of spices to add substance to the vetiver,which is smooth and creamy and not as earthy,herbal and basic as say Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire or as limey sweet as Creeds offering.
Definitely a must have,or at least try, for the guy looking for a long lasting distinctive fresh fragrance for the warmer months without resorting to the usual citrus or aquatic,read mundane,fare.

wonderlife
wonderlife

Grey Vetiver is a salty fragrance, on my skin anyway. That was the only spice note I got from it. The citrus notes add a soft backdrop without getting too sweet like Creeds OV. Otherwise TFGV is Vetiver through and through. I like the play between the salt, citrus and wood. Reminds me of summer, surf and sun. Good stuff!

johnnyjazz
johnnyjazz

Extremely well crafted work by Tom Ford. You can tell a great deal of time and effort was exhausted into finding the right balance between the vetiver, citrus, woods and spices. Although this is an incredibly simple construction; the antithesis of the complexity and overkill of notes in the 1970's and 1980's; Grey Vetiver is still complex in its balance and attention to detail and finds a beautiful compromise that makes the vetiver seem very alive, young, vibrant, uplifting and fresh in a way I have yet to come across. Very versatile, holds up in spring, summer and fall and makes a great everyday wear or work fragrance for the more mature, sophisticated man who appreciates the art of simplicity and Tom Ford's nod to the classical, 18th and 19th century pyramid of citrus top, spicy mid and woodsy base. Longevity is reliable and steady at around 8 hours and sillage quite good to above average for a scent with so little flash or synthetics.

Agungt
Agungt

I have never had a fragrance with such a scent before. This TF Grey Vetiver is a fragrance suitable for events that demand some degree of formality. It is clean, fresh, and spicy enough for my preference. I agree that this fragrance gives some impression of saltiness in it. Although it seems calm in character, this fragrance last longer than I initially thought, especially in cooler season.

marioslg3
marioslg3

Nice clean vetiver but too spicy for me. Personally i prefer guerlain homme boisee and creed original vetiver sometimes...do not mean that this is bad but sometimes the excessive spicyness drills my nostrils.
It is very evegant though and high class perfume...i wear it often and enjoy it

MarekG
MarekG

I rate this fragrance as excellent 9/10 it is very fresh and interesting,modern and oryginal.One of the best vetiver on the market

Denica
Denica

This perfume is a powerful sexual weapon! Gentlemen, be careful with it because women are particularly vulnerable in it's company. Absolutely and totally in love!!

RHONORAY
RHONORAY

THIS IS A CLEANER MORE YOUTHFUL VERSION OF GURLAIN. I love the bottle as well, and the way it fits (3.4oz) in my hand. THIS COULD EASILY BE MY EVERYDAY FRAGRANCE except for the price. Gurlain at half the price is the winner.

This is very nice...a nice vetiver with notes that compliment it and allow it to take centre stage. Only tried a sample but very tasty indeed, I think I might even prefer this woody little number to Jo Malone vetiver which I love.
Tom Ford fragrances are often accused of being over priced and that might be true as I can't say I'm keen on many of them...this one however is certainly worth a sniff.

Update: Well after really giving Grey Vetiver a good trial I can honestly say it has a real aspect I like....dimentions...true depth, you can smell deeper and get something different from the initial soapy scent.
It is MEGA soapy, it's well composed as are all TF fragrances but for me there's better citrus/woody combos. I also have to clarify what I said above by saying that I've enjoyed much of the Tom Ford collection (I'm yet to sample many of the private collection) I find them to be excellent but they lack strength. I'm not somebody who likes heavy projection or choking others but they really are very short lived and subtle, they do however make your clothes smell lovely for ages, if only they lasted on my skin.
To be fair to Grey vetiver it has better longevity than TF for Men and Noir I'm so tempted by extreme as that is my favourite from the for him range but I fear that will suffer the same weakness.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

RESPECTABLE VETIVER

Opening was a natural and fresh citrus/vetiver.

Dry down is quite nice.

You have my respect, Grey Vetiver.

moosa
moosa

I love it.
As my friend "kain" said carrot juice is what you get at first sniff!
But that change and after few minutes you have what grey vetiver has.the quality is what you except from tom ford.And about scent this have some high quality plant base scent.It's good for summer.
Longevity is below the average and projection is'nt good at all:)

gd15329
gd15329

This one is nice. A very lemony-grass fresh scent. Nothing outstanding - just an everyday scent. Not my type. It's a clean lemony vetiver. At some point reminds me Lalique White.
Projection/Longevity: from OK to strong

Update: The (very) dry down is much much better

serchina
serchina

This is such a lovely sparkling vetiver with refreshing citrus, but not a sharp one. Its more like a soft vetiver with cool and somehow 'creamy' citrus.I do really enjoy Grey Vetiver and I could wear it myself as well. I find it quite unisex.

ahafeezg
ahafeezg

Grey vetiver by tom ford is very fresh and attractive fragrance has a longavity of about 6-7hour base note is amazingly sexy . Overall must have collection and 9/10 .. wont regret if you are 25+ and buy it blindly.

lalelu
lalelu

i dont like it either.. i find it way to balmy :/ the bottle is nice tho

Jwaks
Jwaks

Two successful, well-dressed working professionals; a tall, clean-cut man and a headstrong, modern woman strut to their destination with intent. Whisps of Tom Ford's smooth, elegant and refined Grey Vetiver peppers the air in their wake with it's clean, grassy and smooth aroma. They continue on with quiet confidence ready to take on a complex world with only their tact and charming wit. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is in good hands, a place where class and charm reign supreme and a subtle statement is the best statement.

It disappoints me when many quickly criticize Grey Vetiver claiming it's 'missing something.' What's missing is understanding and proper expectations; Grey Vetiver is meant to be smooth, classy and refined. It's a total about face for Tom Ford when considering the house's other big, bold and brash offerings such as Tuscan Leather. Perhaps people are stuck assuming all Tom Ford's need to be larger than life. I respect this house for it's ability to craft all types of perfumes with utmost skill and quality ingredients while delivering incredible results.

What separates this from other vetivers is it's subtle grassy note with a touch of earth. Gone are the big smokey and peppery nuances that define so many other vetiver centric fragrances. Only Tom Ford can employ such a common perfume ingredient in such a novel way to craft a surprisingly unique fragrance. The result speaks for itself.

Score 7.5/10

augustobt
augustobt

this is just outrageous... I simply love this fragrance.

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

A superlative feat of perfumery.

This is divine. The construction is flawless and classy.
Crisp, clean, prickly, neat, tidy, noble.

I feel very confident wearing this. It is one of my all time favourites.
A very smoothe and polished vetiver.

GMK
GMK

Vetiver alone has never been attractive to me......but Tom Ford vetiver is different imo , it has some sexiness , very refined and wearable... espeacially in hot sweaty weather it becomes very pleasent. recomended to those who dont like vetiver scents, you will be thankful. Excellent stuff.

miavrs
miavrs

I like this one very much. I had been using Guerlain Vetiver earlier (which I loved), and then Encre Noire (which I found very attractive, but not for every day as it's a bit deep and dark). As I read reviews of Grey Vetiver I kept thinking this might be the combination I was looking for - vetiver + citrus. I like the earthiness & warmth of vetiver and I very much like the lightness of citrus. So I bought it blind and tried it out...

First impressions: a bit too masculine to wear for a woman, even though I've always been drawn to men's fragrances and have often used them. But after a while the scent seems to settle and become more balanced, so the masculine touch wears off enough for me to be comfortable with it.

The scent changes as time passes - I have found it to be very long-lasting. Even after hours I would catch a whiff of it and think: 'Is that me smelling so good?' It's a subtle, pleasant scent that I like very much.

I use this one with caution, as I feel you could easily overdo it when using too much of it.

If I had to compare Guerlain Vetiver, Encre Noire and Grey Vetiver, I'd say:

- Guerlain makes me feel cosy & comfortable. When I'm having a rough day and need some warmth & comfort around me, I'd choose Guerlain.

- Encre Noire goes straight to the depths. I use it when I don't care what others will think about how I smell: this is ME, and if you don't like it, too bad. It has a very grounding effect on me and puts me in touch with an ascetic, no-nonsense part of me: straight to my essence. It has something radical, not open to compromise.

- Grey Vetiver: I haven't used it long enough yet to really compare to those other two, but I think this would be the one I'd be most comfortable wearing for social occasions. But not straight away: I'd give it a couple of hours to settle down first.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

Such a refined and elegant man Tom Ford is and Grey Vetiver is an extension of his beauty. Probably one of the best Vetiver's you will ever come across. Very clean, very nice and very wearable anytime. Most Vetiver's have a smokiness to it that can be a little off putting but not this one. This is cool, clean winter smoke that blends beautifully with the Vetiver and a touch of citrus and spice. Classic..? I think so!

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver is a HIGH QUALITY fragrance best during the spring/summer time. Guerlain's Vetiver is the only other one you might compare it to thou it isn't as warm in tone.
Some of the Vetiver's can often come across as being heavy with a smokey scent, but Grey Vetiver is just the opposite. The top notes comes off beautifully with a calming citrus notes. After it settles the base notes of Vetiver and spice's with just a touch of woodsy note makes this cologne a real manly fragrance.
After spraying it on your skin and it settles it has a very fresh and clean aroma without it being overbearing as some of the other one's can be.
Longevity for this frag is very consistent, and it last well past 8hrs.
Sillage is more then moderate, you can smell 2ft away.

Overall, this cologne comes across as a sophisticated cologne and like all his frag it doesn't have a synthetic aroma and it's an excellent frag when your out for a special occasion. After wearing it all day and the aroma is still on your body, in the evening your partner will find you sexy so be warned !!!!!!!!!
This frag is without a doubt part of my signature collections. I have had women ask me what I'm wearing cause they want it for them selves. During the day I have received many compliments from those who I work with and some in my family. What is nice about this frag is that it only has 4 notes and it last for a long time. Considering that it's priced slightly higher it is worth every dollar......Rating 10/10

referbg
referbg

Just one question to everyone - in my bottle the jiuce is yellow, not transparent as the one in this picture. How is it with yours? Otherwise the scent last very long so it shoud be genuine.

vitilsky
vitilsky

This is literally the first vetiver fragrance I actually like. Such a smooth vetiver scent, mmm. But still, wouldn't wear it myself, I don't know, it's not me.

4xxx4
4xxx4

is is just me, or this one smells like Chopard Noble Vetiver? To me, both of them are practically the same scent, so save your money and go for Chopard

Brahmsfourth
Brahmsfourth

This is the most gorgeous Vetiver fragrance my nose has ever met. While I like Guerlain and Caron, they are a bit raw around the edges, and Prada Infusion De Vetiver is velvety beautiful, but a bit cloying in the dry down. This beauty is a fine, silvery accord of elegant vetiver notes, and refined and alluring fresh and woodsy notes quietly asserting their presence. This is how a great fragrance is composed.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Sublime. Smells great, stays on for a long time. Sex in a bottle. Fresh and powdery. Green, earthy and clean. It's different, elegant and sophisticated. Well done fragrance. Great for spring, summer, and fall. Try it.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

I would have never guessed what is missing in Grey vetiver, but to find out that that is Guerlain Vetiver Extreme just made my day, or my week, or maybe my year. Bravo !

spartan
spartan

Yes, there is something missing as many have pointed out.
I have found the missing note, it's in Guerlain Vetiver Extreme.
I own many vetiver scents, and this is my Favorite. It has what the others are lacking, or as so many have pointed out, the something missing.

Still Grey Vetiver is my Second choice, great juice!

Blackandred88
Blackandred88

I like it but I also feel like something is missing.....I keep waiting and waiting but ehhh..it's a great fragrance on a "grey" day I guess

k1210722
k1210722

It smells good, but whenever I put it on I feel like there's something missing!

MarFreire
MarFreire

good fragrance. used easily any day, but vetiver??? for my nose nothing of vetiver. In time, very similar a Armani PH, more sutil, but very similar.

Sarteart
Sarteart

It is absolutely `grey` as compared to other vetiver frags. Its lighter ,less sharp and more luminous than Guerlains (as the one being THE reference vetiver frag) but the very nature of vetiver note makes the light vibe dirtier ergo `grey` . honestly it is so obvious I do not see why you would be even wondering

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

One of Tom Ford's better scents; I like this. But my olfactory memory is that it's more or less the same as Guerlain's Vetiver. Maybe I need to do a side by side sniff test on paper strips...

-----

Update: I did that. Of the Creed, Guerlain and Tom Ford vetivers, To my nose the Guerlain and the TF do smell similar. But I prefer the Guerlain. It's sharper, wilder. The Creed smells like lime/vetiver. On a paper card the Guerlain lasts longer, too.

-----

I wonder about Tom Ford naming conventions. As with Azure Lime, what makes this "Gray," exactly?

-----

Third sample wearing: I still prefer the Guerlain. My wife sniffed and shrugged, "Ordinary."

somevelvetmorning
somevelvetmorning

Caveat: Woman reviewing this for myself. I was looking for something vetiver-based but not too floral,so I thought I'd try this.

Loved the scent in the store, so I decided to take a sample home with me and live with it for a bit. So glad I did.

On me, it smells too green and citrusy - and it reminds me of CK One (and not in a good way). I'm not getting the vetiver notes that I'd like.

pdubrogers
pdubrogers

A masterpiece for the work week. Not sure I would dress it up on date night, but you could. One of my favorites. My go to lately. A confidence builder.

MickeySalem
MickeySalem

One of the greatest vetiver ever. If you like vetiver then you'll love this one. Very elegant for a man who cares how to appear and smell. Take it from me it wont let you down.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Citrus done well, vetiver done superbly!! Also has the powdery musk to balance out the two aforementioned notes.. This is a daily use classic , especially if you have an energetic go-getter type of personality.. I've said before and shall say it again Tom Ford is the wizard of fragrance..Overall moderate projection decent longevity 9 out of 10 this juice is like sparkling effervescent business appropriate sexyness..

I asked the lady at Bloomingdales for something similar to Opium Pour Homme and she gave me this. Wtf? Yes, there are spices, but this is a vetiver smack in the face and freshly citrus-y. Very green and clean. Not a sensual fragrance, but definitely booms with masculinity. I think it's a fragrance for men, made to be appreciated by men. It's quite nice, smells expensive (because it is) and delivers what it advertises, but there is no sexuality to it. I think it would make a great office scent for men, if applied with a light hand.

azizhejji
azizhejji

Tom Ford Gray Vitiver is one of the wonderful fragrance of vetiver suitable for mature men and businessmen is very suitable for job interviews or private interviews and public celebrations, elegant and luxurious.
sillage and longevity ~ close to skin but last very well .
masterpiece, it's my new signature 10___________10

aliks
aliks

Good and very fresh vetiver. Wearable for casual or more formal occasions. I find it excellent on hot weather in spring or summer, which is not always the case with the other classic vetivers that I find too dark to be worn on summer. Elegant and modern at the same time, which might seem as an oxymoron today.

This is a perfume I would happily buy again when the bottle is empty.

Roge'
Roge'

This fragrance is the king of any and everything Grey(that's right, im directing this toward the Grey Flannel lovers). Right out the gate, you're greeted with so much vetiver that you would think green was growing from your nose. That feeling will be short lived. From this point, the notes are scattered. Your skin type will determine how fast it will treasure the scrambled jewels. Not designed for the teenyboppers hence why I could imagine this as Donald Trump's signature scent. Whether the subject is fragrance or fashion, Tom Ford is always quality. Two thumbs up.

*BLIND BUY WORTHY AWARD*

This fragrance is the king of any and everything Grey(that's right, im directing this toward the Grey Flannel lovers). Right out the gate, you're greeted with so much vetiver that you would think green was growing from your nose. That feeling will be short lived. From this point, the notes are scattered. Your skin type will determine how fast it will treasure the scrambled jewels. This juice is not PG-13. I could imagine this as Donald Trump's signature scent. Whether the subject is fragrance or fashion, Tom Ford is always quality. Two thumbs up.

jpinson
jpinson

Recently taken over from platinum egoiste as my daily wearer. Not one for romantic evenings, but stunning for everything else. Considering this is of the typical TF quality, I consider this to be of great value. One to consider for those who want to get into vetiver, but find things like Guerlain a bit too full on in its direction.

raw umber
raw umber

Grey Vetiver is a veil of reserved masculinity. If you had an android disguised as a human, and wanted him to smell "real" (and then get a lucrative office job), you might first want to spray him a few times with TF Grey Vetiver. It's like a slightly synthetic clean skin scent. It is simultaneously straightforward and elusive, leaving and returning in whiffs over the course of its considerable life-span.

After the citrus opening dissipates and the vetiver emerges, one is left with a quintessentially masculine grouping of elements. It's clean laundry with the faintest trace of fabric softener and a slightly green, salty, earthiness which smells like readymade skin scent, almost like a signature sans the perfume. Perhaps Christopher Brosius should spend some time with this one, since he "hates perfumes" so much.

sebjar
sebjar

One of the most amazing Vetivers I've ever had the pleasure of smelling let alone owning and wearing whenever I feel like. Been a big fan of Guerlain's Vetiver but I only know the reformulated version as I never used it prior. But got tired of that even but this Tom Ford Grey Vetiver is so super classy, sophisticated, smoky, dark, weedy, woodsy and masculine. I love the citrusy, woodsy notes which are in the background of the major vetiver note here. I wear this to classy events because it reeks class all the way!

Get it if you don't have it because you're going to love it.

londoner20
londoner20

This is extremely well balanced. It's clean, crisp and uplifting to another level. Has more of a "zing" than Guerlain's version which seems soapy and diluted in comparison. When you just want that extra bit of horsepower, with a touch more class, this provides it. Interestingly as well, unlike most vetiver scents this is very wearable at night.

Perhaps it may not be as exclusive or refined as Frederic Malle's Vetiver Extraordinaire or Roja Dove's Vetiver, but it's much cheaper than the two and there's actually little difference.

saul charbaji
saul charbaji

Im so in love with this masterpiece... The best vetiver ever . I prefer it over sycamore , encre noire, vetiver extraordinaire , guerlain vetiver and many more

zola0203
zola0203

Bought blind after reading reviews, and NOT disappointed. WOW!

This scent opens with semi-dry vetiver and spice and cools to a soapy (in a good way), citrusy vetiver base with great longevity.

I agree with most that a good long-lasting EDP is far more suave than an intrusive EDT and this fragrance demonstrates why; lasting an eternity and espionage-like in it's delivery.

bet85
bet85

This is a masterpiece. One of the most versatile vetiver fragrance out there. It's clean, soapy, and yet little dirty from the vetiver. At first it reminded me of Eau Sauvage, but then it transforms into it's own beautiful thing. People think this is weak or not long lasting, because they are accustumed to their loud EDTs. This is an EDP, which is meant to be more natural, subtle and EXTREMELY long lasting. I get 10 hours easly. Compliments are only received when I compliment this fragrance with a suit and tie. Hence, excellent office scent.

Odiee99
Odiee99

This is a very nice and clean vetiver scent. It does go on a little harsh,but it only take a few minutes minutes for the harshness to dissipate. Grey Vetiver has average projection and a little above avg. longevity on me.It definitely does not have as much depth and warmth as Encre Noire, but it is an overall nice scent. For the price I would definitely go with Encre Noire.

Deefit
Deefit

I found this to be just like several other reviews claimed it to be, very clean. And I'm very happy and even a bit proud to add this to my collection!

RickS1169
RickS1169

A younger, more modern vetiver. Projection is average and longevity is above. A wonderful scent with a classy feel. Love it.

Bbjr
Bbjr

Soap, soap, soap. That's it. Doesn't hold a candle to Frederic Malle Vetiver ex.

vgd
vgd

After using GV i realized that it s a powerful vetyver fragrance starting with lime-orange blossom. Cleanliness impression. Nevertheless it s price is over than deserved.

4nobletruths
4nobletruths

Opening is very strong, almost metallic. After it drys down to a clean grassy smell. It stays the same for the rest of your life until you wash it off. Longevity is insane. Projection is powerful, be careful, just a few spritzes needed.

CourtrightHer

Vetiver (as vetiver's go) are excellent for day and casual wear but I never consider them "date night."

Being a vetiver fan I concur that Tom Ford's is a solid. Very clean and fresh and not to macho. A classic and text book version. TF only uses top materials.

Top notes (here citruses) are not predominant as top notes go. This is all about the vetiver!

Middle notes ?.

Fave versions: Guerlain and Chantecallie (more femme).

Bottle is more hemme then femme (makes sense here).

Sillage is slightly below average/ longevity fair.

Price is not a deterrent so...a buy,

Linden
Linden

Fresh "clean" vetiver, well blended with soft citrus accords and some nice cedar in the base. Shares some similarities to Kenzo Boisee IMO, but GV is slightly more soapy overall. I love vetiver scents, so no gripes; although there isn't anything really new going on, but it's executed very well. Elegant and versatile as it's quite soft, yet durable.

An honest take on vetiver which while winking at many fragrances of the same family from the past, it brings a subtle yet modern facet. Citrusy, fresh and nutty with outstanding longevity and incredible versatility. Slightly on the synthetic side of the spectrum but the quality-price ratio and the ready availability on the market, make of Grey Vetiver a terrific option to get introduced to the genre. Good stuff.

Rating: 7.5/10

kvk
kvk

This is strong stuff; go lightly. Lasts a good 4-6 hours. Sophsicated and mature.

xonta
xonta

Can't find any longevity and sillage in my skin with this perfume. Moreover, can't smell the vetiver deeply like Guerlain's Vetiver.

Nichehead
Nichehead

For the young professional! If you are a man looking for a great mature fragrance, I highly recommend sniffing this one out. Works great for daytime wear and a office scent. Also it works well with a suit. The initial blast is a sweet citrus with a earthy undertone. In my opinion it exudes confidence and style. I would say this is for 25 and up age group. But I can't stress this enough you really have to be a mature young man to wear this. This is not a clubbing scent or a "Panty Dropper". If you are looking for something that you want to get attention with, this might not be for you. I am 26 years old and I absolutely love this scent, it may not get many compliments but it is a wonderful scent. A definite must try!

mendwillie
mendwillie

I just loved, a fragrance personality may seem old at the start, plus the scent after spraying the skin is simply radiant.
I live in Brazil where it is hot all year round pretty much winter we have here does not reach less than 12 º C throughout the year on average is almost 27 º C for more, and this fragrance was very suitable for the climate of my country.
All where to step, ask what perfume is that? Surely it is not national, it should be a pretty expensive imported? Tom Ford is an answer, a very expensive jewelry because unfortunately here in Brazil we pay dearly for imported products due
the enormous tax levies.
But for this unique and seductive perfume in my opinion, worth every penny spent on this purchase.

Evaluation:
Longevity: 9.5/10
Sillage: 8.75/10
Overall rating: 9.5/10

bcoops
bcoops

2 nd time wearing this and its slowly sucking me in....it has been projecting for 4 hrs and doesnt seem like its letting up anytime soon.....it smells mature and 'serious' .....

Its looking bottle worthy at this time ;)

even thou very close skin scent now its still there, bout 22 hrs

Hellenic
Hellenic

It's sharp and mineralic. Makes you feel as if you're by a rocky mountain spring, and is suitable for daytime and summers.It's really a formal evening scent, imho. somewhat 'soapy' and not blasting away with unencumbered vetiver, unlike, for example, Guerlian's masterpiece.

Kain
Kain

I'm not a fan of vetiver based fragrances but this guy is a winner in my book.
Start semi fresh with hint of sweetness in the background!
Believe me or not, the opening smell exactly like carrot juice!!
I asked from my brother without telling him anything about the smell and he also said this fragrance smell like carrot!
Very strange but also very interesting! I love carrot juice!!! lol
In the mid, this carrot type of smell start to fade and now it's time for vetiver to shine!
The mid has that old classic vetiver based fragrances vibe but it doesn't smell dated! but I think this fragrance made mostly for a mature guy.I mean around 30 and up.
Average projection but good longevity.
Very good and quality juice. I like it so much.
من در كل از عطرهاي بر پايه رايحه وتيور خوشم نمياد اما اين يه كار خيلي خوب و با كيفيته
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي نسبتا شادابي داره و كمي هم شيرينه
نميدونم در كنار رايحه وتيور دقيقا چه رايحه هاي ديگه اي استفاده شده اما بوي اوليه اين عطر دقيقا شما رو ياد بوي آب هويج ميندازه
من از طرفداارن پروپاقرص آب هويج بستني تو هواي گرم هستم و دقيقا بوي هويج رو خوب ميشناسم
حتي از برادم هم بدون اينكه چيزي بهش بگم پرسيدم اين عطر بوي چي ميده؟ اون بو كرد و پس از چند ثانيه گفت بوي هويج ميده
خيلي باحاله
در ادامه اين بوي شبيه هويج كم كم شروع به محو شدن ميكنه و شما بوي وتيورُ كامل و به وضوح حس ميكنين
بوي وتيور اينجا بيشتر كلاسيك هست تا مدرن اما خيلي هم قديمي نيست و يه حس مدرني هم توش وجود داره
اما دركل به نظر من مناسب سن 30 سال و به بالاست
كيفيت اين عطر بسيار بالاست و از اين نظر بسيار قابل تحسينه
پخش بوش زياد جالب نيست و يه جورايي ميشه گفت ضعيفه اما ماندگاري خوبي داره

babak125
babak125

نمی دونم چه سری توی عطرهای تام فورد هست که شامه رو خسته نمیکنه.یعنی هی بو میکشی و هی بو میکشی تا دیافراگمت درد بگیره
این هم از اون عطرهاست که از بوش سیر نمی شم
رایحه اش سخت قابل توصیفه.نه اینکه پیچیده باشه ها؛ نه.می بینید که عناصر سازنده اش زیاد نیستند، ولی بوش شبیه چیزی نیست.کمی صابونیه
مرکباتش هم زیاد حس نمیشه.یعنی خیلی خوب در هم آمیخته شده با سایر روایح
ضمنا من ادویه ای حس نکردم توش که شاخص باشه.
بوی چوب تر میده .نه بوی چوبهای آشنا که مثلا توی نجاری به مشامتون خورده باشه.
یه چیز عجیبیه در کل
تاپ بودن رایحه:8.5/10
پخش بو:6.5/10
ماندگاری:6.5/10
ارزش خرید:8.5

Alive
Alive

A vetiver fragrance for the "younger" men, IMHO, a timeless beautiful scent. It is very similar to Guerlain's Vetiver (which I love), but has an earthy/citrusy note that makes it more modern and smooth. Very clean, elegant and sophisticated. Comes in EDP, so it will last you the whole day. Bottle presentation is very nice. 10/10

wchickillo
wchickillo

i smelled this fragrance for the first time yesterday and absolutely loved it. I think it stands up there with Creed OV. If anyone has a sample of this could they please message me. Im very interested in buying this and would love to be able to sample it a could times before i made the purchase.

mse-21
mse-21

It opens with a shiny citrus note on my skin, albeit earthy vetiver is present from beginning. Develops pretty quickly and then earthy vetiver becomes dominant while those shiny citrus notes provide a fresh facet to the scent.

Very well crafted, classy and chic; it has moderate longevity and projection.

It's closer to 'Vetiver Extreme' by Gurelain than their classic 'Vetiver'. That shiny citrus note gives Grey Vetiver a little more sharp-fresh-dynamic character and I prefer it to VE.

Vetiver dominated scents usually don't find a place in my wardrobe, no exception here! However, I'm appreciative of the overall high quality of this.

7.5 out of 10 IMHO.

partan.iran
partan.iran

برای فصلهای گرم مناسب هست نه به دلیل اینکه بوش سرد باشه بیشتر به نظرم به دلیل اینکه بوی طبیعت، وتیور و تازگی را مشود در اون احساس کرد
دوامش خوب هست و جز عطر های برگزیده fifi
ولی خوب به نظرم این بو جدا بویی هست که مناسب بک فرد سن بالاست کاملا
و رایحه قدیمی داره
و این رو هم بگم کاملا شیک هست و اصلا اسپورتی نیست!
گول نتهای اولیه فروتی و مرکباتشو نخورین، مرکباتی از جنس لوکسو سنگین هست که کمکم جاشو با چوب عوض میکنه!
دم عجیبی داره
بش فرصت بدین تا بوهای پایه و میانیش واضح شه
در بین کارهای وتیور جز مدرن هاست و از بهترین هاست

williamvargas
williamvargas

probably my favorite vetiver fragrance right now.. i really love the opening of this one, it has a lively bounce to it. you get vetiver of course but a mouth watering vetiver based fragrance not a dry vetiver to me. i get that masculine clean vibe with a snap of orange..i do have a couple of other vetiver fragrances, like guerlain's vetiver and Chanel's sycomore which both i have loved for a long time ...but this one to me is a more modern take and just a more refreshing fragrance to wear. .i know there are some other great vetivers out there to try..but with TF has more of a citrus sparkle that brightens the fragrance quite a bit .. very classy with this i am much less hungry to try others..and for me that is unusual.. i know after i run out i will repurchase this and that for me is the ultimate test,.,,when i run out would i buy it again?.i guess that is how you know if you really wearing a fragrance.. I do.

Lilyth
Lilyth

i'm not in favour of any guerlain perfume. Grey Vetiver has only vetiver in common with guerlain one.
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver does not bother because of its calm, unobtrusive but catching character. I wear it when i busy, it helps to be cold-minded and serious.

carera
carera

i smell it what i have result just copy from guerlain nothing difference at all guerlain vetiver more cheaper .

California Pilot
California Pilot

First spray: bright green vetiver impact with a slight streak of campfire smoky scent.

Next three: nothing but bare-knuckle, high-beam freshness. Vetiver cranked up to 11.

This is raw vetiver in all its fresh green, grassy, soapy, crisp vegetable market glory. If there were any citrus or spicy notes mixed in with this brawler, I missed them after the first spray. I got 10 hours of solid performance out of this powerhouse. It was very linear and that was not a bad thing. The Grey in the title is exceedingly appropriate; this fragrance is stark in its single-mindedness and if you are looking for a green knockout punch of vetiver, I can’t imagine you’d go wrong with Tom Ford’s hardcore offering.

whitelilium
whitelilium

Excellent!!!! Fresh elegant, I bought it yesterday for my husband and he was thrilled!!!!
Very expensive though.

muskymale
muskymale

A true gentlemen's perfume! Very elegant and sophisticated indeed! Love this!

Quade
Quade

This is my idea of a good fresh green sort of fragrance that avoids smelling like an actual forest. Instead Grey Vetiver smells extremely refined, professional and frankly; very grown up which is what one would expect from a man like Tom Ford. Whilst I was expecting the fragrance to have that usual element of eroticism you normally find in many Tom Ford scents, this is just purely a grown up and refreshing fragrance to wear, especially on those days where you want to wear something that is light but still noticeable. Grey vetiver dries down to something that has tender moments of smokiness but is still a fresh and very clean take on a kind of "fresh linen" sort of fragrance. I like this one alot. The Projection is excellent and the lasting power is as always- fantastic.

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 6/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Overall: 6.5/10

Out of the bottle Grey Vetiver is a sharp, bitter green; when I first smelled it I was quite turned off. There is a metallic clay opening that is quite strange on tester strips. A few days later I decided to actually spray it on my wrist like a good fragrance analyser. Wow is it nice on the person! On me the clay smell comes down and the actual vetiver comes forth, a nicely nuanced greenness. The fragrance does not change on my skin, only growing a little warmer. A very earthy fragrance reminiscent of digging in the backyard in spring.

Very sophisticated, more classy than sexy. This is suitable for a gentleman who wears suits (pun?) often and requires a cool cologne that is professional and not heady or imposing like so many other colognes. I imagine this would be very sexy with a touch of cinnamon or leather.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Fresh woody vetiver with a hint of faint spice. so unique for a cologne, i can't stand anything too citrusy or the sweet spring perfumes made for women so this would be a nice earthy crisp and dry dry dry "greyed" alternative, i definitely want this for myself the spring season coming up!

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

I'm sorry to say that this smells like Lemon Pledge for about half an hour and dries to something very unremarkable and modern. I don't smell any vetiver, wood or anything earthy. If you like light peppery watery fragrances get some Bvlgari.
I had a mini bottle, decanted to a glass spray vial and tried this on and off for months. Not a bad smell, not at all, but not very good.

CentralPark
CentralPark

This fragrance is vetiver, well accentuated with citruses. On my skin, it does not come about quite as grassy as vetiver can be - in a good way. The vetiver shows its woody face during the drydown. Longevity is a good 6 hours for me, as I would expect from an Eau de Parfum.
A very crisp yet simple composition around the vetiver theme. I like it!

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

I am a big vetiver fan. The note features in all the fragrances I own. I like it raw like in Encre Noir and I like it subtle like in Dior Homme. I also own a collection of vetiver essential oils as they tend to differ quite considerably depending on the soil the roots grew in. I love the nutty aspects of the scent and also the woody,earthy,spicy drydown that sometimes has elements of tobacco, flowers or even honey. I find it interesting how iridescent this material is, shifting its shape according to time, distance, composition. The initial impression of vetiver oil is usually miles away from its drydown. The impression you get from the airspace around the wearer is very different to what you get when you sniff close to the skin where the gourmant aspects are revealed. When not a dominant note in a fragrance it can adopt completely unexpected characteristics while still retaining its main "body" intact. Most of all I like vetiver because of the sense of humility it conveys, an honest scent not intended to win someone in first glance (or whiff).

Having said that I can say that Grey Vetiver manages to be a vetiver without any of the vetiver virtues. At first it appears like a well groomed man, quite presentable but within minutes it turns to this boring screeching yupee (like American Psycho) constantly yelling hysterically from ones wrist. In the end it seems like it kicks the bucket after throwing one last tantrum but its remains on the skin for hours and hours smelling like battery acid (thankfully with no projection to speak of). I don't understand how anyone can approve of such a perfume unless he has a serious case of anosmia.

The overall impression is the opposite of classy from bottle to contents. The bottle admittedly photographs quite well but feels like it's going to break if I squeeze a bit more. Very light like someone cut back on glass and the label is not incorporated in the design but looks like an afterthought. The ingredients do not appear to be of particular quality either. I don't detect any spice of interest there other than turmeric which is as cheap as it comes and citrus notes are probably synthetic like the woody ones. The vetiver itself is very linear and I believe it to be a fractioned distillation., not a bad thing in itself but here it is left without character.

In conclusion I find this to be an ugly fragrance in an ugly bottle and I wouldn't want to own it even if it were cheap. If I wanted to collect all vetivers in the world I would still turn a blind eye to Grey Vetiver.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

él mejor de todos los tiempos, y despues vendria egoiste platinum y armani for men ;D.
solo para caballeros elegantes y distingidos.

olubojo.bantu

Ok...here I am again.. contrary to my review of Dec 22 2011...this is an excellent smell and though I still maintain that it has the same opening as the azzaro, I have began to enjoy this magnificent EDP and it has really grown on me. the dry down is of vetiver and mild warm spicy and a balmy mystic woody undertone which makes it even more desirable. I will buy a second bottle and that is for sure. This is an excellent perfume from Mr Tom Ford and though very expensive, it is worth every penny. Love it...you just gotta love it!

scottwayne
scottwayne

LOVE IT!

It begins super strong and dries down to a wonderful fresh, clean scent. Great projection and longevity. Strongly recommend this vetiver.

Spray one on the neck and one on each arm. Any more is too much.

Well done Mr. Ford, well done......

Auzziechook
Auzziechook

To me, Grey Vetiver was initially a 'hmm, it's OK' scent, but even after a few wears, I have changed my mind to 'masterpiece!'

On me, it gradually evoked memories of a traditional Japanese onsen (hot spring), and this is what makes it so dear to me. That initial blast of citrus notes, with its almost slightly aquatic nature, is reminiscent of sliding into the warm, invigorating bath. The earthy, dry yet somehow paradoxically fresh vetiver, dominating the fragrance, is the volcanic, herbal yet somehow clean smell emanating from the steam rising above the hot waters. The woodsy notes - the wooden walls and basins placed around the spring. That delicate touch of spice complements all of these notes and grounds this fragrance.

It is an intimate scent, and as such, does not project extensively. The longevity is fairly average, despite being an Eau de Parfum. However, it is most likely a fault of my own skin; all fragrances, despite concentration, seem to struggle to last past a skin-scent after 5 hours. I recommend this fragrance to males of any age, however maturity is a must. I hope it conjures fond memories for you too.

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

★★★★★
Amongst all the types of Vetiver that are offered, this one is the most elegant, the most tempting and timeless one to me. It is not romantic at all, but this aspekt makes the perfume totally sexy and unforgettable.

johngreenink
johngreenink

I am a great lover of vetiver, so I was looking forward to trying out Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver. It is indeed very 'true' to actual vetiver (in fact, at first it smells just like the essential oil straight out of the bottle.) It's an extremely dry scent overall, and somewhat linear (I could detect hints of the other notes, but only faintly.) There is also an astringent quality to this perfume which I think inspired the name 'Grey', since this is most definitely not a green or lush kind of vetiver scent at all, it's more metallic than that.

I would agree with many other reviewers here that it is very modern. This is not the Vetiver scents of the 1970's but rather an interpretation that doesn't pay homage to the past. This would be well-suited to younger males who want sharp, dry, clean smell with just a hint of spice.

Vacabon99
Vacabon99

One of my absolute favorites in my collection. what I love about this fragrance is the way it tricks you by fading away and coming back,with a hint of the top citrus note and then the strong Vetiver fades in. its a bit expensive but to me it was worth every penny.

olubojo.bantu

Sorry people, this is my take on this, bought this perfume yesterday because of the reviews I read here and here is my conclusion. It is overly expensive, longevity is good but the vetiver fades into a more spicy/lemon note after less than an hour. If you like this Tom Ford, save your coins and buy Azzaro Visit. It is the exact same thing only the Azzaro is cheaper and a little more masculine.More value for your money, Trust me!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

While no vetiver scent will ever really excite me, Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver comes pretty darn close. The scent opens with an extremely dry and sugar-free lemon, bergamot, and grapefruit mixture, which grows even drier and starker as the seconds pass. Eventually a solid wood note, fueled by a strident black pepper, kicks through the bony fog of the top, and presents the star note in its unadulterated glory. The vetiver is clear, beautifully rendered, and very clean. As it dries further, Grey Vetiver grows soapier, and eschews the tobacco elements of classics like Guerlain's Vetiver in favor of a purer presentation. The scent's name fits it well; Grey Vetiver evokes images of cold grass on a misty embankment in the colorless hours of early morning. Well done, André Firmenich, and well done, Mr. Ford.

scenturian

Already commented before, but can't stop myself to write again.
One word: Masterpiece!
Sillage, projection and longevity are wonderful. Max 2 spritz.
One of the best vetiver so far.
Deserves each cent spent.

bronstein
bronstein

It does what it says on the tin, as it smells like vetiver, but it should have been done with less chemistry. The way it evolves, it's too plastic-like to be stylish, and leaves as a poor man's vetiver perfume. My advice: either go for a well done, but possibly more expensive vetiver scent, or stick to Calvin Klein's selection of fine and inexpensive fragrances.

cezarmac
cezarmac

@Adrianocgo I did not understand 1 / 10 in sillage, I have a sample of GV, and what I can say is that at least 8 / 10. A Sillage so astronomical that the track made me remember the cartoons, when they do those scenes in which the character closes his eyes and goes floating against the wonderful smell.

evilspin
evilspin

Wow, I dont get the similarity to Encre Noir by lalique at all as some have said. This is much better. I love smelling Encre Noir but on my skin its very metallic sometimes bug spray like. But hidden beneath it lies its luxury somewhere. But Grey Vetiver is such a true Luxury. It screams clean & vintage & bright but all MAN. And how can a "true rugged not afraid to get dirty man" be so bright and seemingly clean to the touch and senses? an oxymoron i suppose but this is where the essence lies in Grey Vetiver. You get both of those notions and they blend so well that you envision that dirty side of a rugged man but the refreshing earthiness of clean gives him the gentleman quality. Tom Fords goal.

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

One of my favorites, but too intimate for casual use. Unfortunately.

Sillage: 1/10
Smell: 1000000/1000000. Underrated

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

I fell desperately in love today. I sprayed this juice on my hand and was sniffing it all day. It's a clean vetiver reminiscent of Encre Noire, yet a little happier and brighter. Heaven.

(A month later)
Fell a little out of love today. Committed to a bottle and was disappointed by the Vetiver (Guerlain) dry-down. There is something soapy and less forest-floor about it. Grrrr. Just when I though I had found my Holy Grail of fragrance!!! The search continues. I guess I am just a fickle heart.

ION
ION

"Grey Vetiver's" main force lies in its introduction. The "lasting first impression", as we say. I suggest you avoid the childish excitement and give it sometime. You'll soon realise, this is an expensive perfume. :-)

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

Now THIS is something else! Such a masculine scent. I love the smokey woods. Very captivating and 'come hither'. Mysterious and ultra sexy!!

Valentino
Valentino

Oh magical vetiver! Wow! It's been a long time since I've felt this way about a fragrance.

Grey Vetiver shimmers like one of those hologram stickers. One moment clean and soapy like shaving foam, then the next moment a raw smoky vetiver root, ripped straight out of the Haitian heat and dust.

The citrus here is classy, with the same vibe as Armani's classic Eau pour Homme. Whereas that would trail off into a powdery nothing, this kicks back with a high quality vetiver note that's almost identical to pre-reformulation Guerlain. As such, it never strays beyond the boundaries of true gentleman. Quietly confident and considerate of others at all times. The polar opposite of say, Paco Rabanne One Million dude.

This is for those guys who don't need to shout. Remember, the loudest one in the room is also the weakest. Tom Ford Grey Vetiver? It's pure class.

Luforge
Luforge

I just love Vetiver fragrances and this is one of my best! A very classy and sophisticated scent. Not herbaceous like guerlain's Vetiver in which i like as well but this is more subtle and adding more dimensions of redlance as it drydown.Very crisp n'clean.Tom Ford has really hit the mark...8/10.

chyprefan
chyprefan

I have just bought my first bottle, and it is stunning. It manages to be sexy without being dark, which is unusual.I've been wearing small amounts for three days, and can now discern the other notes which lurk alongside the citrus & smoke (they were the two things which stood out for me on first application). It felt so comfortable I was worried that I might apply too much so asked a friend too wear some last night so that I could get an idea of its projection.I'm now ready to go!A definite thumbs up, and I think it will be a fairly constant companion.

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

I smelled this and love was in the air.. It swept me off my feet and I reached the clouds. I know it's meant for men but I just can't help myself. I just want to smell this, on me or a man... and since there is no man I can sniff in my life these days.. I guess it will have to be on myself ; )

Mr. Ford, you are my dream man!! I bow to you and all the beautiful creations you have been responsible for. Good to know you are back. This scent is worth every hard earned penny I think!

m-hani

حتما تست کنید بعد خرید کنید
با احترام

$$
$$

Yes another MANLY MANS colonge,AWESOME!!!

Grottola
Grottola

NICE! Yep, Grey Vetiver is a modern update to the classic vetiver found in Guerlain's, and it's definitely more wearable and smells a little better (at least better than the current Guerlain Vetiver formulation).

Grey Vetiver is just a straight-up woody vetiver with nothing to hide, and I do believe I smell some tobacco in there. They utilized some good raw materials for this one and overall it just smells great. Lasts a while and projects well, too.

If you tend to have a problem with vetiver fragrances, perhaps they can be headache-inducing for you or maybe too weird, try this one. It's probably the most accessible pure vetiver fragrance I've tried yet.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Although this isn't a new fragrance, it seemed to be popping up in enough magazines for me to make the effort to check it out. Luckily, the Tom Ford section was salesperson-free when I visited, so I was able to take my time without being eyed off as a potential shoplifter.

The bottle is rather nice for this one, and although it is aimed at men I think anyone could wear it. In fact, I always think it seems incredibly chic and slightly radical when I hear that women wear male fragrances and that men wear female fragrances. I think it's great that fragrance rules are slowly being chipped away. If you love, wear it!

But onto the juice. Like all Tom Ford fragrances, this one starts off smelling like a beefed up version of Lauder's Aramis mixed with something else, in this case lemon and vetiver. The Aramis part is really strong on the first spray, but then it settles into the background and the lemon takes over wit a hint of the green vetiver. After an hour or so I thought it smelled like the barbershop my father used to visit when I was little. It didn't seem to last all that long and was gone in about 3 hours. I do like some of the Tom Ford range - the names always get me in - but I can't imagine putting this one on every day. The initial spray packs quite a punch.

And incidentally, if you love these sort of in your in-your-face, up-your-nose and I-think-my-brain-just-froze fragrances but don't have the coin for them, give Jessica Simpson's Fancy Nights a try. I know, I know, but you gotta trust me on this one!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

It smells like a fresh modern update to Guerlains Vetiver but is more restrained and wearable.

scenturian

Love at first sniff. Marvelous and stunning perfume. Bought it immediately after first sniff :)
Citrussy, spicy vetiver, one of the best vetiver out there. Silky, creamy, clean, fresh, smokey and soapy. All notes r blended perfectly. So classy, masculine and elegant.
Every vetiver lover must own this fabulous stuff!
Drives everybody around you crazy.

Projection and lifetime r gr8.
10/10 all in all.

sablebombe
sablebombe

Got this in with a sample pack today - ohhhh, ohhhhh! Gonna save it for the right man LOL

wormred
wormred

I tried this today. Absolutely stunning smell. I want to buy one. But the price makes my eyes water :(

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

It's the best vetiver based fragrance that i have tried yet.
Smokey ,earthy vetiver not the soapy effect joined by a refined aromatic sage smell.
Classy but very good for work.
This is cooling but not in citrus, it's unique and gets a lot of compliments.
Very high quality ingredients,much better then guerlain vetiver IMO,reminded me a little of Lorenzo Villoresi uomo.
Longevity about 7 hours with moderate projection.

JohnMc
JohnMc

Interesting to read the references to 'Eau Savage' by Dior in relation to this effort by Tom Ford. I have to say, this is one of the few scents that upon application induced a headache feeling to the point of my making a concerted effort to scrub it off of my arm in the airport. I don't usually react badly to scents, beyond a general feeling of being unimpressed. Despite the beautiful bottle and my adoration of Black Orchid, this scent reacted badly with my chemistry - try before you buy!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A briliant, bright and fresh modern vetiver.
The mixed of citrus, a touch of pepper and ''the vetiver'' make this a absolutely top spring, summer scent with refinement.
A very good projection and a longevity dignified of a EDP. A really Tom Ford pattern.

junglefun
junglefun

Oh yeah! This one I love. Great compliments, longevity, projection, year round, versatile, modern vetiver, great on my skin. Most people will like this one I think.
I just want to add that with this one you need to be careful not to over apply. It can be strong, and it lasts, so only 1 or 2 sprays I think.

flaneur
flaneur

Sublime. Love the tobacco and grapefruit. It's my sexiest scent.

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

I beg to differ but I think this is bearable than Guerlain's.it's smoky,rich and doesnt come as dated.had one spray to my arm and it lasted all day.I dont usually get that type of reaction from most sprays but this one leaves u mightily impressed with its sillage and projection.thank God the younger crowd wont find it appealing.it will put me off as they tend to abuse EVERYTHING!This is a very well made fragrance and not for riff raffs.sorry but that's it

mbmbmb
mbmbmb

this cologne is very rich and musky. It is also very long lasting. it stays on my skin forever, i do not think this is a good cologne for people under the age of 25 because it reminds me of sifictication and such. i do think this is a very great smell

Khulo
Khulo

A very fresh, cool and classy vetiver. I'm 26 yrs old and was a little skeptical about this one since, I associated the vetiver with a more mature scent. But, this one blew my mind away with such a clean, fresh, and modern scent well worth the price.

jae
jae

This is an excellent vetiver fragrance. It's fresh, refined and casual - all at the same time. The longevity is splendid and the sillage is a pleasant departure from the warm clouds of musk over here in Kuwait.

I believe that this fragrance is great for everyday office and for evening. Not for night events. I do not thing it is for summer only. It creates a great soapy freshness feeling to me. It surly has a vast longevity. It keeps very nice smell on casual clothes. Also does not pass unobserved from women. A lot female collogues and friends gave compliments for this, not in a “night” or “stimulating” cologne way, but in a nice fresh and light “fruity” cologne way. I will keep it in my everyday collection.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Such a shame, in a way. Smoky, but fresh vetiver but somehow lacks any real character. To me, it is a bad copy of Guerlain's Vetiver. It has it's place for those who prefer fresh scents but like it classy with a trendy smokiness to it. But when you try the Guerlain version, you'll instantly understand Guerlain's majesty when it comes to the many facets of vetiver.

lfmars98
lfmars98

This is a very nice vetiver scent. Nice citrus opening. Very clean and sophisticated fragrance. This would be a safe blind buy. Perfect spring and summer scent.

Edit: It's also has a little smoky/salty vibe to it. It has medium sillage on my skin and it last 8 to 10 hours on my skin. 9/10

CourtrightHer

This could be a perfect all round Summer cologne. Really so not smell myself wearing this any other time of the year (for sure in the North East).

I first encountered vetiver in the early Eighties wearing Eau Sauvage (one of my fave Spring/Summer scents). Did not rgrasp it at the time that besides its main man note of citrus, vetiver played a part!

So here we have Tom Ford doing it right.
Sillage is what it should be. No mamby pamby nonsense. Citrus is here at the top but no doubt about it the vetiver is the main show through out (reverse of Eau Sauvage).

So, this is what a full throttle vetiver is all about. Classy and very cool.

I'm really loving it so I guess I'm buying it!

autumn89
autumn89

cool, classy and sophisticated. Yet subtle and not remotely obnoxious.
Brilliant summer choice. Lasts a long time on my skin.

Mr Ford did it again.

moore_or_less
moore_or_less

Slightly pricey for me ... but absolutely worth every penny. In the boardroom or the bedroom this scent is impressive. Not only impressive in terms of its sillage and lasting power but also in the true meaning of the term ... it leaves an impression!

People respond to it positively in varying degrees but, without fail, it always leaves a positive and lasting impression. The highest praise I can give this scent is that this is what I have always imagined/wanted an idealized version of myself to smell like.

Just such a cool, calming and classy perfume. Suitable for any age.

Lasting power is tremendous and sillage is just right. Noticable but not overpowering.

Tom Ford's perfumes are expensive, but they are top quality and its true that you get what you pay for.

Smells kinda like Eau Sauvage by Christian Dior in my opinion.

LuckyStar1

Finally I purchased a bottle of Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. To me it starts off with a warm citrus note which also has a slight smoky tone to it. The grapefruit is quite prominent in this fragrance but not overpowering. Then the saltiness mixed with woods begins which lingers. The vetiver is there and calming. I can smell a bit of Alien (Mugler). This EDP lasts forever and the projection and sillage are fantastic. I have received plenty of compliments. 10/10

Tom Ford’s GREY VETIVER is
superbly blended with a refined core of
natural vetiver for a scent that's elegant,
charismatic and provocative.

There's grapefruit and orange blossom in the opening, to my nose.

The spices in the heart definitely include sage.

But it's the vetiver that's the star of the show here. This vetiver is not dank and musty vetiver, but clean, green, and woody.

Somehow, there's a saltiness that makes one think of sea air and wet wood. A classic masculine fragrance, but very modern, with élan.

This is a tour de force, a very smart treatment of vetiver -- one of the best, in my opinion.

LuckyStar1

Wow, I tested this in the Dept Store today and I can honestly say it is amazing.I put this on my hand in the morning and I can still smell the scent a good 8 hours later. This is a must have for me. Citrus, salty, marine notes and it does sort of have that Thierry Mugler Alien note there too?

Perfumaniac

Tom Ford's latest frgrance brilliantly evokes the essence of his menswear world. GREY VETIVER is a masterful new rendition of the cool and intriguing possiblilities of vetiver, an ingredient that Ford credits as a hallmark of the classic, tailored and unabashedly masculine man.

mal23
mal23

I really enjoy this vetiver over other mens vetiver scents. It is calm yet made aware (sillage) I got 5-7 hours of longevity on this. Frederic Malle Vetiver Extradinaire is nice as well but it is a little more sharp and herbal, where this is smooth and calming. A spicy/woodsy/warm vetiver. Overall 8.5/10 and a must try.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

I am a woman who loves vetiver. I adore guerlain's vetiver. This one is sharper and less herbaceous.

If guerlain's interpretation can ground and soothe you, ford's can help you rise some centimeters above the ground.

jonr951
jonr951

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Not as much as Extreme but I still LOVE it! I need to have it!

curtis.w
curtis.w

I wasn't too keen on the frosted glass bottle, but I got over it quickly. This was the first try-and-buy scent for me in quite a while and is definitely a standout as far as recent masculine releases.

It starts out with vetiver, a borderline sweaty grapefruit note, and some dry woods and quickly progresses to a spicier, woodier, slightly smoky heart, akin to Armani Bois D'Encens, and ends with a smooth cool vetiver with a hint of warmer woods. Like others have said, there's some saltiness as well, and while I thought the wet paint smell might have been the workmen painting outside my apartment last week, there's actually a bit of that in there as well. Not groundbreaking, but still, a very good and modern take on the classic masculine vetiver.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

I received a sample of this fragrance about a week ago when I purchased some skin care products.

I immediately fell in love with the juice of Grey Vetiver. This is going to be a hit and I know I will be smell this scent on everyone. This is a must have fragrance. Wristsniffer gave a great description, so I will not duplicate my same thoughts.

I have not been able to stop thinking about this scent and not wanting to use entire sample. I keep asking myself, "Do I want a fragrance eventually everyone will have in their collection?" Yes, I do!

I will purchase it, wear it for awhile until it becomes too mainstream. then I will put it aside for a while, then returning to this masterpiece.

Update:
This fragrance was added to my collection about three months after this review.

Wristsniffer
Wristsniffer

My boyfriend, being the vetiver fan that he is, was really excited to try this one and I'll admit, being the vetiver fan that I'm NOT, that it's very nicely done. It smells much better on his skin than it did on the test strip - more smoky and less sour.

While I LOVE L'Occitane's Vetyver for men and the warm cigar smoke note it brings with it, I can't stand Encre Noir in all of it's sour, wet, linear rootiness. I think Grey Vetiver is somewhere in between the two and surprisingly better than most mainstream scents that have been released on the mens' side of the fragrance world this past year.

It's very salty and reminds me of the ocean and marine fog - it's not aquatic in a soapy sense, more aquatic in that it reminds me of being on a boat on the ocean, in the early hours of the morning, before the sun has broken through the mist and warmed everything up. Portside, someone is smoking a pipe, and you catch drifts off that smoke every now and again. Someone has recently made repairs to the boat and the smell of freshly painted wood is very present. The air is still cool and wet, and what you smell most of all is the salt as it's pulled up from the sea and carried in the arms of the fog as it drifts past your nose.

My favorite scents on my guy are dark - Bulgari Black, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, etc., but this one gets high marks in my book, despite its lack of warmth. It has a three dimensional personality and it reminds me of the way the sea really smells when it's fresh and clean and free of rotting fish and algae (not in the way so many aquatics attempt to smell with "marine" notes which just end up smelling soapy). When I smelled Alien by Thierry Mugler, I felt there was something magical about it - something appropriately other-worldly and different - a three dimensional mist so to speak, and this is the only other fragrance which has managed to capture that cool, misty note for me. In Grey Vetiver, it's surrounded by smoke, roots, and salt instead of Alien's jasmine and ambery-woods, but the effect is not lost. I'd give it seven stars out of ten.

rakester23000
rakester23000

grey vetiver by tom ford is another winner for the great creator

Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford 4.31 out of 5 based on 1610 ratings and 276 user reviews

Beautyspin.com
TOM FORD Grey Vetiver Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Macys.com
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.4 oz
Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Eau de Parfum Spray, 3.4 oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Grey Vetiver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Grey Vetiver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Grey Vetiver by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.