Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette Tom Ford for men

Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette  Tom Ford for men
dislike

Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette  Tom Ford for men Pictures Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette  Tom Ford for men Pictures Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette  Tom Ford for men Pictures

Tom Ford launched Grey Vetiver in 2009 as a masculine woody-spicy scent in Eau de Perfume concentration. In 2014, he introduces its fresher, more luminous and lighter version—Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette. Tom Ford described it as the olfactory equivalent of a navy blue blazer, a nice watch, or brogues shoes.

"Enlivened with compelling warmth and heightened freshness, the cool nature of vetiver is revealed with new dimension in this citrus woody, eau fraiche fragrance.”

The creator of this citrus-woody composition is perfumer Harry Fremont. The fragrance opens with citrus notes of winter lemon, grapefruit, bergamot and orange blossom. The heart includes aromatic notes of Thai basil together with orris root, laid on the base of vetiver, amber wood, oak moss and musk.

The fragrance is available as 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Iced Lemon Bergamot Grapefruit Basil

Burberry Brit New Year Edition Pour Homme

Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

Housebliss
Housebliss

I'm really liking this. I've smelled the EDP, but I haven't worn it enough to form an opinion. They do seem pretty similar though.

I find this to be a little more wearable than, let's say, Guerlain Vetiver. The Guerlain is great, but I find it to be a little too much at times.

Grey Vetiver smells very fresh and casual, and it's one of my favourites in the genre. On me it seems to last 12 + hours, and projection is soft/moderate. People around you notice it, but it's not loud. I find it similar to Vetiver Extraordinaire by FM.

The SA said that GV EDT is going to be discontinued, but I hope not!

sf2explus
sf2explus

I have recently purchased this G V EDT. It opens with very nice natural smelling lemon and bergamott, with hints of vetiver floating around. as this scent dries down the citruss notes go to the background and the main note Vetiver comes into play and pretty much stays that way for the duration with hints of light spice/oak moss and a green basil note which smells very natural.

The scent lasted 10 hours on my skin with two sprays to the neck. This scent can be worn year round. people will like this scent, but it will not amaze many people although a scent that will be remembered.

I will be using this as a signature scent. quality is very high which is expected from Tom Ford. I do prefer this vetiver over guerlain vetiver. to me this one is slightly cleaner and more modern.
Age range for this scent 27 and up give or take. Sprayer is average. If you own this version do not buy the EDP as this dries and mellows to the same scent only a tad cleaner smelling, dare i say better.

Thor65
Thor65

I've tried Grey Vetiver before and enjoyed it. Today it was hot and humid in Kansas City so I used some from a sample I received from Sephora. A bit linear but the heat really brought it to life. I enjoyed the smell of it all through my workday. So much so that I bid on a bottle (new and sealed in box) and got it for a mere $53. I'm pumped! I think this will be a regular in my summer rotation along with Terre D'Hermes and Royal Mayfair. I also have Guerlain Vetiver but prefer the Tom Ford.

knoxknoll777
knoxknoll777

I think this could be a pretty versatile fragrance. I can see a man in a suit and tie and I could see a man in shorts and t-shirt on the beach wearing this. I was not always fond of vetiver but to me this one is well done. Similar to Encre Noir Sport but less floral. I really do enjoy this fragrance on a hot day. I would say that this does really appeal to most of the crowd but not everyone. All in all I would say this is a safe buy if you are a fan of vetiver. If you are not, you may want to steer clear.

eliweisz
eliweisz

Clean, cool and businesslike. A masterful blend of quality components. That's what I like about this EDT. After a rather powerful citric opening, the scent is quickly calmed down with herbal notes, and then Mr. Vetiver steps in, accompanied by Messrs. Oakmoss, Musk and Amber. Beautiful rooty-woody drydown. Projection and longevity are only moderate but quite sufficient for a day at the office.
Worth every penny, recommended!

ایکاروس
ایکاروس

تام فورد گري وتيور..
براي اينكه ببينيم گري وتيور چيه اول بايد وتيوري كه در اون استفاده شده رو توصيف كنيم. وتيوري كه در اينجا بكار رفته شبيه وتيور لاليك انك نواغ نيست. وتيور انك نواغ به وتيور بوربن معروفه. دودي تره. ولي وتيور گري وتيور با طراوت تره. خنك تره و يكم ميوه اي تره . به بهانه ي گري وتيور بيايم ويكي پدياي وتيور رو هم كه خيلي ناقصه تصحيح كنيم. انواع وتيور اينان:
١-ايندين: وحشي و خشمگين. تاريك. كه رگه هايي از قهوه و شيرين بيان توش حس ميشه و شديدا انگار يه لايه غليظ از فلفل نقاط خاليش رو پوشوندن.
٢- اندونزي: بوي كپك مانند و تا حدي شيريني داره كه يه مقدار ميره به سمت بوي گوشت خامي كه روش فلفل سياه ريختي
٣- ماداگاسكار: دوديه. و بوش البته ميره به سمت ليمو شيرازي خودمون. تصور كنين كه بوي دود خيلي ملايمي با بوي ليمو مخلوط بشه. چه شود. آدم بيدار ميشه.
بوربن: توضيح زيادي نداره. ويتور لاليك نواغ اينه. دودي
٥- هياتي: خيلي با طراوت. انگار ريشه ي مرطوب گياه رو دارين بو ميكشين. خنك و تميز و شاداب.
گري وتيور يه كوچولو گرمه. خاكيه. يكم ميوه ايه . و خيليا ميگن بوي ليمو شيرين يا هويج ميده. يكم اسپايسيه، شادابه خيلي و لطيف و تميزه. بويي كه از زمين موقع شروع بارون باريدن مياد بخاطر از بين رفتن ساپروفيت ها و باكتري هاي خاك زيه كه دارن ميميرن. اين اون بو نيست. بوي وقتيه كه بارون دو روز تموم باريده و الان تموم شده. بوي بارون بعد از سوختن يه كنده ي درخت توي به جنگله. شادابي جنگل رو حس ميكنيم ولي بوي اون كنده سوخته هم مياد. دراي داونش دوديه و احساس چوبي بودن داره. منتها باد مياد و بوي دود رو ميبره و نميزاره زياد اذيت بشيم. اين بوش شبيه وقتيه كه بعد از يه هفته سرماخوردگي خيلي بد اومدين بيرون و حااتون خوب شده و همه جا بارون باريده و الان تموم شده و شما دارين از اين هوا لذت ميبرين در حاليكه احساس سلامتي ميكنين. نسخه پرفيوم غلظت بالايي از اين وتيور داره استفاده ميكنه. پس طبيعيه كه گرم تر باشه. پس با همين نتيجه گيري متونيم بگيم براي هواهاي خيلي گرم تابستون مناسب نيست. و توايلت براي اون موقع ها بهتره. ولي بزارين خيال خودمو راحت كنم. توايلت نخرين. از تام فورد بعيد بود ساخت توايلتش. مگه ميشه يه كاناپه چرم رو از يه اتاق (هر چقدم شيك) بيرون كشيد و بازم گفت اتاق شيكه؟ بنظر من نميشه. من توايلت رو اصلا پيشنهاد نميكنم. و اينجا راجع به پرفيوم صحبت ميكنيم. نسخه هاي سوييسي هم هميشه يه امتياز از امريكاييا كمتر ميگيرن. ولي تفاوت در همين حده نه بيشتر.
در كنار چيزايي كه در رابطه با گري وتيور گفتيم جا داشت به رايحه ابتداييشم اشاره ميكرديم كه توي نتهاي اعلام شده از طرف تام فورد بايد منتظر گريپ فروت باشيم اما من از گريپ فروت فقط طراوتش رو احساس كردم و شخصا بوي شيرين تر و خنك تري احساس كردم. كه بوي گريپ فروت نبود.
اگر يك معلم عطرسازي بخواد به دانش آموزانش وتيور رو درس بده يكي از بهترين كيس ها بين تمامي انواع عطرها همين وتيوره. در واقع شخصيت و كيفيت لازم رو به تمامي داره.
كاراكترشو قبلا هم گفتم. يه جوون ٢٨ تا ٣٥ ساله ي اجتماعي، با سطح اجتماعي بالا، خوش پوش (نه تيپ هاي دامادي يا جشنواره اي) با ست لباس روشن مثل يه شلوار كتان كرم و يه پيرهن ياسي يا طوسي اتو كشيده تميز و يه ظاهر عينكي و اصلاح شده ي خيلي خيلي مرتب . اين البته نظر منه. گري وتيور كاراكتري قابل احترام، مبادي آداب و تحصيلكرده داره. استاد دانشگاهي جوون، يه دندونپزشك جوون يا يه دانشجوي پي اچ دي مرتب. با اين عطرها بايد دقيق ومنظم و مرتب و شكيل حرف زد ورفتار كرد.
نسخه اوليه ش رو من هنوزم دارم. ماندگاريش بسيار عالي و بالاست و پخش بوش خيلي خيلي عالي. توايلتش پخش و ماندگاري پايين تري داره و من اصلا پيشنهادش نميكنم. بوي ليمو مانند توي نسخه توايلتش رو من دوست ندارم و كيفيت جالبيم نداره.
اميدوارم توليدات جديدش اصلاح شده باشن.
چهار فصله. و اينكه يه خانم ازش استفاده كنه نميدونم واقعا. تا الان هرگز بهش فكر نكردم و نديدم هم كه خانمي ازش استفاده كرده باشه.

من بهش از ١٠ نمره ي شيش و نيم تا هفت ميدم.
مشابهش بين عطراي فيك پيدا نميشه خدا روشكر و ميتونين با خيال راحت بدون ترس از خز شدن ازش استفاده كنين.
يه رقيب هم داره كه خيلي حرفه ايه: وتيور گرلن.
از بين وتيورهاي خنك ميتونيم بگيم نوبل وتيور از چوپارد هم عطر خوب و خوش كلاسيه. پس اگه امكان تست داشتين اين سه تارو بريد تست كنيد ببينيد كزوم رو دوست دارين.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

Tom Ford Grey Vetiver edt is perfect scent for spring! Its crisp, uplifting nature is like a fresh ironed buttoned down white shirt that looks great on anyone who wants to looks clean and sharp. The difference between the edp and edt concentration is minimal. The edt is more citrusy and effervescent, while the edp is fuller and longer lasting. Both editions come highly recommended

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

Grey Vetiver EDT is a beautiful vetiver citrus bomb. So much different than it's brother Grey Vetiver EDP. The EDT leans more towards a very clean citrus/ vetiver. A burst of freshness. It's more of an every day/office fragrance. I can smell it on my skin and has great longevity.

shortrouge
shortrouge

It's not very original, but it is very pleasant and easy to wear. The citrus notes are not too clean, which is a good point for me. The longevity is average.
Overall, for someone who is interested in perfumes, it's nothing exceptional, but it's very nice for others. I'd buy it as a present for a young man !

NickZee
NickZee

An update to the classic Vetiver cologne to arrive at a modern masterpiece. Brilliant from the opening to the deep depths of the base notes. If you are searching for a cheaper version of this for everyday use, I find David Beckham Instinct is similar.

lilymorena
lilymorena

I have been searching for a fresh lemon scent for the last few weeks. Today I went to a Douglas store and the saleswoman asked me to test this one. She told me this was really nice and a woman could wear it. I also smelled the vetiver from Guerlain, it was also good but I chose TF. It is one of the best vetiver scents I smelled so far.

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

Tom Ford's Vetiver EDT is a breath of fresh air! I have been a loyal user of Guerlain's Vetiver in the 90's, a Frederic Malle Vetiver Extraordinaire for the past few years now. While TF's Grey Vetiver EDP is much more on the woody & earthy side, I much prefer the minty-citrus"ness" of the EDT. A personal taste. It is crisp like a winter wind, refreshing like limpide, pristine waters in which citrus and earthy roots would have soaked in. That is the image I'm getting wearing Grey Vetiver on these last cold days of autumn.

I always prefer vetiver fragrances in winter, especially when the temperature goes way below zero. Then, and only then I get a clear rendition of what vetiver is all about. Icy winds and snow and the smell of vetiver emerging from your scarf announcing the richness and complexity of this pure & delinquent smell. Cause vetiver can play tricks. It can be refined but it can also be harsh and turn sour. In TF's Grey Vetiver EDT I found a side of vetiver that I love, clear, green and pure while Malle/Ropion's Vetiver is earthy, strong, a little dirty, which I also love. No need to find a winner, I prefer enjoying all the aspects of it. Vetiver is one of the most used ingredient in perfumery, but when it is so well done... it deserves mention! Longevity is excellent (7-8 hrs) and sillage is moderate.

In a few words...
The EDP was a woody-earthy vetiver while the EDT is a citrus-green-woody vetiver.

Tom Petitgrain
Tom Petitgrain

I've really fallen for vetivers lately. Unfortunately, this one falls a little flat. The citrus opening is a bit like a mist hovering over the vetiver without making any contact. The two never really come together. But, you know, I really wouldn't kick it out of bed. A testament to the quality of the ingredients?

BriantheFragranceNewb
BriantheFragranceNewb

I got a sample of this, and I really enjoy citrus and vetiver fragrances. However, I already own Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee and Encre Noire Sport, and I don't feel like the Grey Vetiver edt really stands out enough from those two to be worth a purchase. I still need to try the edp someday.

tomato_can
tomato_can

This scent has a nice, very clean dry down, but the salty citrus opening notes really don't do it for me. Still, overall I find it to be a handsome, sophisticated fragrance.

VILFI
VILFI

this one to me was an initial blast of overwhelming nauseating lemon. Then a vetiver comes but it is on the weaker side really. This to me was simple and forgettable. Mugler Cologne is a whole other deal but it's vetiver done in a much better way. Too bad it is weak. Overall, Tom Fords allure is not something I can attest to, to be honest. I have tested 2-3 of them and I feel they do not hit the mark at least for my nose.

Young_Bourg
Young_Bourg

Clean clean Vetiver. That's what I get from Grey Vetiver EDT from Tom Ford. Starts off with a blast of citrus and then the vetiver takes over. It's so clean and sophisticated but not old. I get great longevity with it and the projection is good for my skin. 7/10.

walking44
walking44

This is an extremely pleasant out of the shower smell. I detect lemon. The only thing that turns me off is the mature hint of powder in the drydown. It goes from daytime citrus to this heavy, resinous, vetiver drydown. It turns too dressy. And, sour. Not a good sour, a mildly unpleasant sour.

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

I like it which is a nce surprise considering I don't like the parfum version at all,it was just too strong for me.
I was really impressed that such a subtle change can have a big effect.I don't think I would buy because of the pimento pepper or whatever it is.
I still prefer L'Occitan Vetyver over this but it is pretty good.Not natural enough for me I think .i wish he had tried it with cypriol like in TF for men.make it more earthy and less spicy.Vetyver is a note I have some trouble with but it is a more natural masculine alternative to the aquatics I am sick of.
This can be headache inducing so keep that in mind and squeeze trigger accordingly .
For the more mature consumer as this seems more at home in the office than in the club.

UPDATE:it doesnt seem to have average longevity.

gladiator71
gladiator71

It's cacharel....Fantastico!!! I love it

matty64
matty64

Smelled this @ Sephora and what a huge disappointment. Don't waste your hard earned money. I'll stick with Guerlain's Vetiver, thank you.

drilon.pollozhani
drilon.pollozhani

I find this one of the most pleasant smells that I've experienced on a fragrance. The opening citrus dominated tones are, I agree, slightly disorientating, but as soon as it settles in and dries down, it becomes very well balanced; I sense the vetiver all the way through its ultimate evaporation. The heart and base is simply wonderful. Furthermore the old fashioned bottle design really appeals to me.

Definitely a keeper, and for me usable all year round, since it has relatively powerful sillage (I have it on my wrists and can smell it when walking a pretty long while after applying). As for longevity: I apply it on the early evening and it is still there the next morning when I wake up.

antonpan
antonpan

It smells exactly how it has to smell. A beautiful earthy oily vetiver from the EDP version now mixed with a sour and modern citruses. After some hours EDT becomes closer to EDP on skin. The sillage and longevity at least on my skin are awesome, identical to that for EDP.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

This is a big no from me, I thought Chopard's Noble Vetiver was the weakest form of Vetiver, but I've found a successor, Tom Ford's Vetiver is a joke, lasted about 2 hours, initial spritz of Vetiver, and then nothing it had all but gone, a drab lemony smell lingered, pass me the Guerlain Vetiver, the king of Vetiver fragrances remains unchallenged. 2/5

weaselize
weaselize

testing it as i'm speaking. From the initial spray i get a citrusbomb. It reminds me of 4711. After half an hour i can detect a little bit vetiver but not much.
It also got much weaker and earthy and it falls a little flat.
What i,m missing is the spicyness from the original.
I think this might be ok for soft earthy citrus lovers or people that find the original too spicy and too vetiver but not for me. I find the edp much much better with the razorblade spicyness and the vetiver that rules.
Thiss is a pass for me.
The name is innapropriate for this. It should be called grey sausage or something like that. very average. 2/5

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette , you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.