Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Italian Cypress Tom Ford for women and men

Italian Cypress Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

Italian Cypress Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

The edition Private Blend Italian Cypress appeared on the market in September 2008, as part of the Private Blend collection. It is created of associations with Italian cypress aromas, as a fine alchemy of woody resins. Described by the designer as an aromatic chypre, Private Blend Italian Cypress includes notes of citrus, basil, mint and woody notes, yielding to a warm heart of cypress. The perfume is available as a 50 ml EDP unisex edition.

Citruses Basil Mint Woodsy Notes Italian Cypress

Halston Z14
Polo
Vendetta Uomo
03 Lonestar Memories

Italian Cypress Fragrance Reviews

Royal_Ksa
Royal_Ksa

إذا كنت تريد عطر يثبت وجودك و يلوي أعناق كل من حولك فور قدومك فهذا سيكون خيارك الأمثل .. عطر أمسيات حالم و جميييييل . 10/10

Michael1962

Italian Cypress,as well as Azure Lime,are still very much available here in Australia from Tom Ford stockists,namely David Jones.
However I've been told by a TF rep today at David Jones that it is only obtainable online overseas.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Wanna smell like a CEO in mid 50's ? Here's your answer. Beast mode longevity and projection. The name fits this juice perfect too. I like it. Perfect for a business meeting in a suit during the fall/winter. Pick it up before it's harder to find and people charge lots for it.
It's very charismatic, I almost guarantee this will spark a memory of someone or place,
Wood, pine trees, winter, fire, red and black flannel, Chrismas tree, green, cider are some words that come to mind while smelling this. A must try if you like one or more scents from this line. . .

macsib
macsib

Pur apprezzando molto i profumi Private Blend di TF trovo Italian Cypress troppo simile, per certe note alte, a Polo Sport. Un buon profumo ma non giustifica l'alto prezzo.

funkateer
funkateer

way over rated, its a copy of the vintage YSL pour homme (red cap)

TAP
TAP

A very refined, airy and almost ethereal fragrance in my opinion; naturally fresh and beautifully nuanced forest green cypress slowly evolving into an absolutely exquisite, woody, spicy and warm drydown; pleasant sillage and excellent longevity!

studioeightworx
studioeightworx

Unique, Adventure smell, Love this perfume specially on winter or in the office. I feel like im a greek god in 20th century : D

Ian Johnston
Ian Johnston

I was given a sample of this today, in Adelaide South Australia, after buying a bottle of Grey Vetiver Eau de Toilette, which is very subtle, I might add. The very elegant assistant who gave me the sample of Italian Cypress did not indicate that it may soon be difficult to obtain, but I hope not, when and if I'm able to afford a bottle.

greenpepper

lennard904 - I second that .....

Nordstrom told me that it is definitely discontinued. There is some still in the US warehouses (at the time - now you are saying not even) , but the Canadian stores are empty now and won't be restocked. The salesgirl gave me 3 good sized samples since there was none left to sell other than a couple big decanters. I took another TF because I was there but was determined to find IC before it was totally gone everywhere.

I found it at Harry Rosen. I don't like shopping there for fragrances but they had 2 left.

It'll be like anything else. As soon as its really gone, it won't be long before its an expensive ebay item. Even though it was clearly not selling well, it's such an outstanding scent that it will always have a following.

lennard904

Widescope- It is being phased out. Tom Ford stores direct will not tell you when a fragrance is being phased out it will just disappear (lavender palm for example). That being said Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom will let you know. IC is only available on Tom Fords website in limited quantities 8 250ML bottles and no 50ml bottles as of 3/21/16. If you look at their instore availability there are only a hand full left. If you look at Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom there are none left. This is how you can tell when a fragrance is being phased out. it will simply disappear.

widescope
widescope

what,s with the fake rumours some persons spitting around here about italian cypress being discontinued??
It,s available everywhere. Even on the tom ford website. I asked by mail and they said it is not getting discontinued?

Little Prince
Little Prince

With the discontinuation of Italian Cypress Ford’s PB continues without a chypre. The other two, the abstract leathery Japon Noir and the … “whatever” Moss Breches have been long lost.
Italian Cypress is an aromatic chypre that carries the classic structure (bergamot-sweet labdanum-oakmoss) paired with a forest floor vibe mainly due to a green cypress note. The top and heart are infused for most of the part by a crisp green accord deriving from a mint/basil-sweet mandarin combo that feels very vibrant and pairs nicely with the galbanum blast on top (a highly favorable resin for me that is rarely used anymore) and some carnation in the middle accentuating the spicy-anisic element of the greens. The smoky cypress note is as much pronounced as the moss so the coniferous vibe is well balanced by the humid earthy aspects of the base with a slight animal touch.
Italian Cypress smells great but it is not the most innovative fragrance and if you like chypres probably you can find better ones. However, the whole concept is certainly more modern and more presentable and carries the main trait of Ford’s “quiet club” (Grey Vetiver, Oud Wood). This is a short of humble beauty, an elegant, soft-spoken masculinity that doesn’t cry desperately for attention. My favorite PB.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

TF Italian Cypress is what I call a real bad ass juice. This is a real aromatic chypre, with a very green/woodsy base. Even thou it's not listed, I almost get a vib of leather which must be coming from aged woodsy note.
There's only four notes but there's a lot more happening give me a strong cypres/green earthy vib. I find it best during the fall/winter months especially when it works against the warmth of your body making your partner's knees buckle. The only fragrance which I definitely find close to IC is Vendetta Uomo by Valentino which has that leathery vib as well.
Longevity and Silage is very high lasting well past 8hrs sprayed it 2x.
Finally,
When I smell this juice, it's a throw back aroma from the 70's into mid 80's. I think of a really feral man who's very mucho. This fragrance is a dark mysterious and wild juice. Out of TF fragrance, Tuscany leather and Italian Cypress is what I consider the best. I don't enjoy wimpy fragrance...this is a BEASTLY FRAGRANCE. 10/10.... Italian Cypress the Godfather of TF fragrance.
One last note....if you really enjoy this fragrance don't wait...it's been discontinued and soon it will be hard to get. Attention Tom Ford....if this ever makes a come back please keep it authentic and don't cheapen it.

gedlive
gedlive

Update: I just ordered a bottle at a good price before the prices begin to skyrocket upward. I think this is truly niche of the private blends, and why it's not so popular and discontinued. Few, as myself, Colin Mailard, may say this is the best of the Private Blend line, it's not as "parfumy", and luxurious, worldly as the others perhaps. But we few who love it, for it's beutifull, natural cypress scent. I look for great woodies, and cypress is perhaps my favorite, nothing comes close to Italian Cypress. Creed Boise Portugal is the best sandalwood, IC is the best cypress, natural and realistic.

This is one of the most complex fragrances of the private blends. It really does evolve. As I'm sitting here this evening in amazement of the most breathtaking aromatic scents are just unfolding one after another. In the opening you have the Cypress dominating, but it's the best and most natural Cypress note I have ever experienced, miles ahead of "Wonderwood", Rush" or "Encre Noir". It really transports you to a Cypress forest.

OK, what next ? The Cypress settles and what unfolds are some of the most beutifull, natural woody notes and accords. The Cypress seemlessly blending with the citruses giving a beutifull aromatic freshness. I get the best cedar note along with a bright crisp, chilly birch, all as fresh as can be, as if the trees where freshly cut and you sqeezed the moist pulp in your hand.

OK, now I will go off the deep end and talk about notes not listed. They are indistinct nuances, slight tobaco note, a smokiness, carnation, and a hint of moss. And some beutifull fruity tone of maybe one of the woods or hidden spices.

It's interesting how they made such a rich complex woody fragrance without much balsams at all...

It is the most manly of the Private Blends, but in the drydown, some of the beutifull nuances you get, almost floral, have a beutifull delicacy a woman could love.

My other two Private Blends I have, Oud Wood and Amber Absolute are allso wonderfull, Oud Wood being more luxurious and unisex, but more linier than Italian Cypress, Amber Absolute is fairly simple, but a beutifull dark rich smoky Amber that can stand alone as a solo - Amber presentation.

Rating: 9.5/10

greenpepper

Wow. This is just something else. This is incredibly refined, rich, dark sophistication. It would be very tough for a young person to pull off: this is a mature, worldy, elegant fragrance. It actually smells like some essence of an ancient power in some strange way.

If you set Rabanne 1 Million (or something like that) down on a dresser beside it, the Rabanne bottle would sheepishly slink away and throw itself off the edge all on its own.

The notes are very high quality. As it dries down what separation there is (there is some at the start) disappears and it becomes a very powerful, linear scent in the best way.

Not many will buy this , I would guess: isn't that just the way of things?? I don't mind.

I almost took Noir de Noir at the same time (also wow, although not quite the monster this is) . I have generally not liked the Tom Ford private blends (don't even like Tobacco Vanille really) , but these two just nail it to the wall.

The projection and longevity are perfect for the scent: an important point especially for projection: a scent like this needs to have a certain presence, but it cannot be too strong or overbearing. That would ruin it.

fsulka
fsulka

I don't care for the smell of cypress paired with mint on the open. I'm not particularly fond of either note and together they really don't work on my skin. When this fragrance dries down though holy crap (highly technical terminology) is it awesome. When I was testing this and went back to it, I seriously paused in awe of how good it smelled. Sensational evolution. So as they say: wait for it...

banks1124
banks1124

I love this juice. It does smell very much like Z-14. The difference is in the quality, whether or not that warrants the price.... I bought 4.2oz of Z-14 for $10 and 1.7oz of IC for much more. For me it was worth it.
On my skin IC had better longevity and less (but a more appropriate) projection. It opens with a blast of green cypress. Not long after that it turns into a smokey, woody, clean but earthy fragrance. There is something that hints at citrus but never really is and at the same time something that hints at sweet but also never really is. It remains dry, green, woody, and earthy all while being fairly dense--kind of rich and full but not heavy.
Obviously a nod to Z-14 and hairy chests of the 70's. It is more modern and more refined but still lets you know there's a hairy chest under the fitted shirt. I think it's great for work but I also recently tested it on a vacation in the Caribbean. It was beautiful on stormy 77 degree nights.
I say BUY Z-14 and get a tester of IC. Neither will disappoint and you may choose to splurge.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Bingo! My favourite Private Blend scent so far. Or better say, the only one I would say I truly like. I wouldn’t ever spend that money for this, but let’s be honest – this is very good. It’s basically a better (way better) Ralph Lauren Polo Green, which is a scent I moderately admire and really wanted to like, while I couldn’t really – pardon the blasphemy, but I find it (in both its vintage and new versions) too dry, unbalanced, screechily macho and almost vile. Italian Cypress just tweaks the right knobs and fixes that same concept to perfection, creating a very handsome, mature scent with a brilliant masculine vibe miles away the idiotic baseball-hatted “bro” attitude of half of the rest of the Private Blend line.

Basically it’s a very compelling, “virile” and old-school yet somehow totally contemporary green-woody fougère with an amazingly crisp sort of leafy-earthy feel of balsamic greenness and smoky woods. It covers the whole spectre of aromas you’d encounter in a forest, basically – from the thin fresh balsamic air, to the damp smell of woody roots. It may sound nothing special or new, but instead it manages to present such a conventional structure under a very different, and ultimately quite distinctive light. Probably the cypress accord is the key, as it’s green, minty and woody in a very peculiar way – a sort of bitter, watery, rooty, exceedingly realistic smell of crisp green woods. Now take that, surrounded by a half-macho, half-gentleman fougère-inspired aura of smoke-infused darker woods (slightly birch-y, too) and topped with an added dose of more rarefied citrusy greenness. Nothing really Italian actually, this smells more like some German forest to me, like in some Prussian area – it feels quite balsamic, uplifting, but at the same time somehow cold, dark, archaic. More “viking” than “macho”, so to speak. “Italy” shall mean probably more citrus, more herbs, and a more friendly, affable, laid-back mood, while Italian Cypress has some fascinating feel of dry, austere breezy darkness that definitely moves the inspiration way “more up-North”, in my opinion.

Anyway, inspirations aside this is a very well made scent, not overly creative but really impeccable. It smells just great: refined, quite natural, fascinatingly complex, subtly austere, it manages to do something I always love with fragrances – making you feel “home” with an apparently conventional structure (the early Eighties green fougère here) but yet refreshing and playing around with it a bit, just enough to smell distinctive and show some, say, “up-to-date” personality. Plus it also checks all the relevant performance marks – lasts well, projects well, no unpleasant surprises, very decent materials. Well done.

Cerulean
Cerulean

★★★★

This is a very well blended green spring scent for an outdoorsy man. It gives a nod to the vintage formula of Ralph Lauren Polo (green), therefore it is a 70s style fragrance.

When sprayed on the skin, initially I get bitter coniferous notes, a serious and masculine beginning. In short time it starts turning into a spring time walk with the scent of pine needles in the air, surrounded by cypress trees and everlasting green. It's the epitome of green in the Private Collection. The heart of the fragrance is probably the one that resembles Polo the most, a creamy wood character that often gets slightly leathery .

I would certainly pay for a vintage formula of Polo anytime, but not for this. It lasted 5 hours on my skin and is nowhere as rich as the Ralph Lauren creation was.

It was a pleasant sniff test though.

weaselize
weaselize

The best part for me is the opening and the first couple of hours in. I smell the trees and the citrusses, the oil of the green.
After that it fades into a cookiescent, a speculoos cookie (dutch), the brown spiced cookie and that stays a long time. I still like it and enjoy it but i am missing the cypress opening.
Not a light scent but easily wearable because it,s not offensive but pleasant to others around if not sprayed too much.
Longevity is very very good. Whole day.
bottle worthy? don,t know. A better question is, would i wear it lot?
A great, rich, thick, dense, rounded, full bodied scent and for me one of the better from the private collection. I see this as the counterpart of tobacco vanille and i think it is worth to check out for the people who like the smell of tobacco vanille but find it to loud and to vanillic. It also smells pretty natural
Nice scent

Thanks TF ENTH.

lennard904

I bought this fragrance to be my primary work scent. Be advised that it does smell very “similar” to Polo Green in that it is a woodsy scent but it is light years ahead of it in complexity. It is does not have an artificial smell and the Cypress is true to reality. I don’t get the pine-sol smell other people mentioned but this is a very “woody” (green like in a forest green) fragrance. It is a truly masculine scent (Outdoors guy think Elk Hunter) in my opinion and is worth every penny. That being said I just bought two 250 ML decanters last week one from Neiman Marcus and one from Nordstrom. Both sales associates said it was going to be discontinued which is what spurred the purchase. I called TOM FORD in Vegas and they stated that indeed there were plans to discontinue it but at the last minute those plans were scrapped. My suspicion is that it was due to the Oak moss limitations in the EU but in either case it will be in full production for some time to come. As of today there are 10 250 ml Decanters available through TOM FORD directly and several 50ml bottles as well. 11/25/15

1/4/16 Update I just received a phone call from Neiman Marcus and they are saying that it is on the chopping block. If you like it I would stock up something strange is going on with this one!

2/2/16 Update#2, I found and purchased a vintage Cosmair bottle of Polo green to compare. Other than them both being green scents that's the only comparison. IC is light years better and doesn't have that disgusting medicinal smell to it. Polo green is so strong it's nauseating and gave me a serious headache. IC no problems at all and no headaches from the scent. I will keep the polo green for nostalgic purposes but was extremely disappointed and will most likely never open it again.

TheTomFordEnthusiast
TheTomFordEnthusiast

@Gandalfsson, I don't know where that Calvin guy got his information, but it is now about three months later, and still has not been discontinued. I walk by it all the time in Neiman's or Nordstrom, so you don't have to worry about ordering it before it has been "discontinued".

Agree with calvin12780.

I love it, as I love Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla - this man can do the magic.

I was not aware it was discontinued, so just ordered a 250 ml bottle ;);)

NickZee

Great for perfumistas, but unlikely to welcome strangers to your presence. A cloying opening subsides to reveal the best part of the fragrance, the mid where The citruses blend with the cypress to create amazing depth and beauty. The base is dark dry woods, very nicely done .

Das Huffer
Das Huffer

The Halston comparison is well founded. To me, this is Halston's rich, better looking, more sophisticated older brother. A bit of salt and pepper in the hair, and wearing it well.
I'd imagine this juice is closer to what Halston originally was before it got dumbed-down and reformulated.
Rather than the linear, weak, after-shave projection of Halston, this one packs a series of metamorphoses. I don't get the mint (thankfully), but I do initially get a gorgeous basil blast, alongside something that reminds me of damp conifer needles.
I thought once the top notes dissipated I'd be left with a woodsy, straightforward, slow evaporation towards a skin-scent, but there were a few steps it had yet to reveal.
The softly spicy warmth in the next phase was a delightful surprise, and where the quiet sophistication really starts to shine. I was reminded of Mona di Orio's Cuir, but minus the smoky, tannic vibe.
A slightly animalic note creeps in beyond this stage. Close up I'm reminded of saliva on skin (surprisingly, not in a bad way). The cypress stands strong, warm, but not overbearing.
To my mind this is one of the best chypres to be launched in recent memory, and it's sad that this has been discontinued.

calvin12780
calvin12780

So sad this fragrance is being dis continued 8/30/2015 I'm stocking up what's out there is it. One of the most under rated fragrance from tom ford. Hope it's not gone because of oak moss. What next will they will try taking moss out out of tree's.

mayberry
mayberry

Initially it smells sorta like Aventus and Neroli Sauvage. But the dry down destroys it. It ends up like a cheap evergreen, candle.

mrs2241
mrs2241

Top Notes Bergamot, Galbanum, Mandarin, Peppermint

Heart Notes Basil, Carnation, Patchouli, Cypress

Base Notes Labdanum, Moss

نتهای بالا رو لطفا حس کنید

landshark321
landshark321

This is another great example of a Tom Ford Private Blend that works mainly for cold weather, is outstanding in terms of projection and longevity, and, like Tuscan Leather, is a great interpretation of the main note aspect (in this case, cypress).

The cypress and woody aspects dominate the fragrance, with spicy aspects (i.e. clove, and some have said cinnamon) and some citrus standing in the background while the cypress holds serve.

Lupe online wisely advises that this is not a compliment-gatherer but nonetheless a power scent, and I agree. It is sophisticated, and a friend of work and formal occasions, but it is not seductive in the manner of Noir de Noir. Rather, Italian Cypress is a very classy but more serious, and evocative of an earlier time, with natural-smelling ingredients. It's also somewhat unisex, as many TF Private Blends are, but I'd certainly argue that this leans somewhat to the masculine side, as I believe most woods-intensive fragrances do.

This may have just become one of the next on my list, but I would at least encourage men to try this out, as I've already heard a few times and can corroborate that this is a seriously underrated and under-discussed fragrance.

9 out of 10

marioslg3
marioslg3

No, this does not remind me polo green. polo is much stronger and has a leather castoreum scent. This is more towards cypress but not like acqua di parma cypresso di toscana. IC is darker and better.

Lesser
Lesser

Tried a decant with a friend who had just ordered it.

So what do I get out of this fragrance?
It is very similar to Ralph Laurens POLO green. but more subtle and frankly it doesn't last very long. While POLO has its powerhouse beast-mode Italian Cypress is like a watered down version off POLO.

I sprayed the juice a 12:15 pm and at 3:00 the scent was almost gone!! very dissaponted in a fragrance with this pricetag. but a very good cypress frag. It has a smokiness to it that is hard to find and the cypress is like a dark one instead of a green cypress.

Looking at what nice bottles I can get from the private line of TF I would definitely not go for this one.

Overall rating: 4/10

/ /

NickZee

Top quality must have. Nothing to add to the notes analysis below, I will just note that even though this does remind my of Z14 and Polo Green, Z14 is nowhere near as good. The current Polo Green comes close and represents great value.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Gorgeous, warm, woody cypress. Crisp, a bit green, a bit smokey, a hint of sweet. The citrus and mint give it a bit of a soapy/clean feel, but not in a bad way. This one lasts around 7 hours on me and is truly gorgeous and wearable by either gender. Such an interesting, addictive scent. After having and loving a sample for awhile, I really felt this was FBW. This is both sexy and outdoorsy without smelling like aftershave, which makes it a real win in my opinion. :) Also, a compliment from my coworker first thing this morning (from 5 feet away). I'd say that's a winner.

Oudy
Oudy

Smells absolutely nothing like polo green, and only faintly of z-14...it smells like warm cedar and cypress (obviously) trees that are wearing gold chains and carrying automatic weapons and shooting at mounds of citrus fruits while high fiving each other and saying fugedaboudat....great stuff

Scent 8/10
Projection 7/10
Fortitude 7/10

Pare159
Pare159

Old school but modern. Clean. A gentleman's frag. one of the lines under rated scents.

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

It's quite nice, about 90% cypress wood 10% zest. I can see the Halston z14 claims, but TF has more quality for sure. This is very smooth and refined with something I can't put a finger on; maybe sandalwood. At any rate it's one of the best of the line.

Top 10 Tom Ford

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

For me, this is among the best of the Tom Ford line. I'm not sure if that's saying a whole lot, as I find the TF scents to be hugely overpriced and overrated in general. But - Italian Cypress is worth a look if you're comfortable spending $200 on 50 ml of vintage Z-14.

As others have noted, this is essentially a slightly more dense version of the vintage Halston Z-14. It's not really fair to compare Italian Cypress to the present-day Z-14, which has that awful synthetic cinnamon note dominating the composition. But hey - if you can tolerate the cinnamon note, buy the Z-14 as it costs about 1/10 the price of Italian Cypress.

I often expect to pick up a Tom Ford Fragrance or two, but I never do. Again, they are just too overpriced given that most of them are so strongly derivative. I have come close to buying Tobacco Vanille, but it's too darn similar to Chergui (again, half the price). This fragrance (Italian Cypress) has a wonderful camphoraceous feel that emerges from the combination of cypress, cedar, and resins that lurk beneath the surface. But then again, so does Original Polo.

I would suggest that you try this one - it has a wonderful vintage feel to it. But I can't help but feel that the Tom Ford fragrances fail to justify their lofty price tags. I'll stick with my Polo and save the big bucks for the Lutens and Chanel Exclusifs.

matty64
matty64

This is very similar to Z-14 but not the same quality ingredients.

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

Reminds me too much of Polo Green, which can be bought for a third of the price.

I don't like that either.

jackoca
jackoca

I got a 15ML sample, first day with it and i can say lasts very long on my skin, this perfume is a bit not my type because it's a bit oldish, but if you like the smell you wont regret it, im a big fan of tom ford perfumes and i think hes one of the best that makes u really feel different when u put on his perfume, i didnt really like the smell but whoever will like it will enjoy for long time.

wonderlife
wonderlife

If there's one thing I hate, it's ambiguouse notes. After the cypress and mint settle, I'm left with this muddled mix of wood and citrus, and I never know what to make of it. This is the third time I'm testing Italian Cypress and there's nothing in it that compensates paying the exorbitant price!
To be honest, it's a fragrance that makes me wish I was wearing Polo Green.

donescu

An amazing timeless scent. You can wear it in any season. I love the fresh opening but what is coming next is a warm woody drydown which makes this green fresh scent stand out.

donescu

This scent is so fresh at the beginning yet so woody at the same time. I love the warm woody notes. I sprayed only once on my wrist for testing and I must say the smell is very persistent

myonlyvice
myonlyvice

Very similar to Ralph Lauren Polo Green was 20 years ago

d-d-d-drew
d-d-d-drew

Without looking at any reviews, I just thought to myself, hmm...a fresher, brighter, yet intense, Halston Z14. I wouldn't say it's exactly the same and that by getting Italian Cypress, that would be a foolish move when you could have the same with Z14, because you can't. Italian Cypress is referential to Z14, but there's more going on here; better blending, more intricate composition.

One could say if you loved Z14, Italian Cypress would be the modern update; new and improved sillage, longevity, and more interesting dry-down. Instead of getting thinner and losing its citrus and leather accords toward the end, you get to enjoy it all the way through. I also get a hint of tobacco, which I don't get in Z14, but that could just be the more dense wood making itself known.

This scent changes a lot on skin. At first it is fresh cypress scent. But a few hours later it is totally different, very woody. I prefer its middle and base notes, to be honest.

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

A little birdy told me that this absolute masterpiece will soon, unfortunately, be discontinued. So if you love it, stock up! Why do they discontinue so many of Tom Ford's magical elixirs dammit!!!:(

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

I have to think that the nose behind Italian Cypress was inspired to create it by Andrea Pirlo's man of the match performance at the World Cup in 2006. Like Pirlo this scent is class, pure, suave, cool. With the exception of Tuscan Leather this is the best TF by a mile.

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

I totally agree with Liamsardea (the review just below (great description BTW)).
Everytime I wear this I have a feeling of... this is what Polo Green from Ralph Lauren would smell if it hasn't become so synthetic. But Italian Cypress has warmth (that Polo never had... at least on me) and you simply feel surrounded by truly amazing essences. Polo is but a shadow of what it used to be and Italian Cypress is a potion that doesn't cease to amaze me in terms of evolution once it's on skin.

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

Woody and aromatic. The epitome of Italian class.

The overlooked prodigy in the Private Blends line by Tom Ford, this chypre is a living relic of what the seventies was (from what I’ve been told).

Italian Cypress has a soft yet powerful aura to it that makes it instantaneously appropriate for formal occasions. It’s also very retro, as Italian Cypress is very different to many other fragrances I own and on the market today; I dare say it is green, but that evokes a sort of ‘clean’ freshness that isn’t really what I’m looking for. It wraps itself in robust citruses, herbs and spices and eventually reveals the heart of Italian wood. It’s somewhat a ‘slow-burn’ or a gradual release fragrance that changes – but changes very little and very slowly. I think the ingredients in this blend is elaborate but homogenise together nicely to present fewer things than what you’d expect.

Italian cypress delivers an air of Italian coolness; and in contrast to say, a French cool or mild quasi-pompousness, we have the deadly, but very minimal gentlemanly Italian style. A man who is rooted in tradition; with a barbershop haircut slicked with brylcreem. The silent, but present type with a demeanour so assertive no words are needed, but perhaps just a deadly glare from across the room (sipping negronis of course).

The heart of the fragrance, cypress and woods; sways away from the coniferous archetype. It isn’t dry, piney or bitter in the long run, but very smooth indeed, as the dark woods create a hearty and mellow edge in contrast to the tantalising top notes. Italian Cypress opens with the coniferous archetype however and this only lasts for a moment or so. It’s a blast of everything to come that is invariably discordant and a little contentious, with a bit of savoury basil at the top, spicy clove in the mix, woods asserting themselves and happy-go-lucky spearmint sending a shock-bang reawakening to the senses.

The robust Italian bergamot works beautifully with the lively pepperiness of fresh green basil with its mildly anise-esque scent profile, of course this is propped up even more with refreshing and exotic spearmint. The most impressive part of the opening is the herbaceous note of basil that (whilst it is a little discorded) shifts from the soapy scent of an Italian barbershop, tickled with the dry arrangement coniferous woods. Very green; in an Italian way.

The clove then asserts its presence but never discriminates. It’s incredibly warming and shifts away from the Italian side of things. The clove gives the fragrance a gourmand light cinnamon vibe, with the natural intoxicating sweetness of clove aromatically shining. It wraps itself in the heart of woods and resins around a beautiful cypress body.

Just on that note, this fragrance also has a cinnamon doughnut vibe (don’t laugh) – warm, fresh, sweet (not sickly!) and flavoured with piquant spice. Concurrently, the barbershop sense I receive, in which I envisage hot towel shaves with straight razors and ‘ol fashioned scented pomade reminds me of Old Spice Cologne. Nutmeg, cinnamon and clove, or collectively warm spice notes. Old school never smelt so good.

If you don’t like to be the centre of attention, but of course want to smell undeniably good, groomed, clean…etc Italian Cypress is the way to go. Graceful and humble. This certainly isn’t lax either, don’t look like a slob wearing this.

A welcome retro coolness; people always say it was better back then, if 1970’s Italy smelt like this I’ll be aghast that I missed my chance to experience this. Nasally pleasing (basil is contender for my favourite note, lavender being my favourite); I am very impressed with this one.

Totally underrated. Classssssssssy. 5/5

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

This definitely gives me a headache!!! I sprayed on only two sprays because of my last experience. However, after only a few minutes I noticed I got a very strong headache to the point i got dizzy!! I tried wiping off the fragrance with a damp cloth. That didn't help. I had to take a full shower to scrub the scent off and only then did my headache subside!! There is something in this that I cannot stand!! Definitely try extensively before buying!!

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

This is a very heavy rich woody cypress and almost smells like a christmas tree! I definitely pick up each note listed. I got a small 4ml sample and I splashed some into my palm and rubbed it on my neck. Even though the rubbing kills some of the development, as far as I can tell there is none in this perfume. It is straight wood throughout! I had people tell me that I smelled nice but they thought it smelled to woody and a bit too strong. From what I could tell it lasts and projects very well. I made the mistake of rubbing on too much and I got a headache for about an hour!!

birkanalayci
birkanalayci

Layered with Moss Breches or Oud Wood, it's great! Not the best but, beats many of them.

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This fragrance is one of those captivating masculine scents. I love woodsy fragrances and this one is one of the best out there. I heard all the hype about z14 being like it and I suppose there is a grain of evidence to that, but this is in a whole other league. We are not even talking Cool Water vs GIT, we are talking a whole other league. This is not a universal fragrance, but it is one of the more approachable TF private line scents. So far, it is my favorite in the line, but sits behind Sahara Noir overall from TF.

My Score: 9.5

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

I have a small sample of this and I layered it with my Oud Wood and it smells incredible! I can't stop sniffing my arm. I like the Italian Cypress by itself but it reminds me too much of Z-14 at way too high of a price point. The Oud Wood brings some balls to the sweet cypress and makes this concoction a turbo-charged love affair. Too bad it will cost 400+ to get what I want out of it.

I have to edit my earlier review. I just smelled Z-14 and the Italian Cypress kind of reminds you of Z-14, but Z14 smells cheap and synthetic next to Italian Cypress. The Tom Ford Scent has a beautiful clean smell. Sparkles of Crystalline notes that shine like sunlight streaming forth from a smoky base. I am strongly thinking about buying a bottle to go with my Oud Wood.

Deus Ex
Deus Ex

Another masterpiece from TF!100% Italian cypress,not only cypress in general,if someone knows what i mean..I bought it from the TF boutique in Milan( initially was sold exclusively on the TF boutiques),reminds me the forests of Abruzzo and Veneto.Fully fresh and green perfume for a real connoisseur of scents.

Manny44
Manny44

God the Cypress in this is RICH!!! It has real depth
and is wonderfullly supported by the few other players in this frag like woods, citrus and basil. However, like most of the other items in the Ford line up like Lavender Palm (But unlike TV, Tuscan Leather and Noir De NOir which all stand on their own), I think this was mostly meant to be layered with other scents. Kind of an expensive exploration if you ask me, but to each his own.

takeitupthenose

Another special is to blend this with Oud Wood!! Gorgeous!

Michael1962

Rich,sweet and pungent green cypress with vivid images of a forest of mighty cypress trees with the intoxicating resinous aroma wafting and engulfing you in the warm summer breeze.
Well that's my impression anyway.I cant get enough of it.
Italian Cypress is well supported at the top notes by a sweet herbaceous basil accord which is truly uplifting.
The citrus notes are more in the back seat in this composition for mine.
This is a beautiful woodsy fragrance which is never dry or spicy.A fragrance of contradictions as it smells like a classic retro type scent yet with an ultra modern and ultra chic twist by one of my favourite perfume houses.
One of my favourite Private Blends as its so rich,aromatic and fresh with real backbone and substance,i.e not merely a light and fleeting summer citrus.Glad I can enjoy my decant for the summer months and may be full bottle worthy.
Definitely worth a sniff.

williamvargas
williamvargas

What a great fragrance. I will take everyone's word about the Halston Z14 comparisons. I had Z14 a long while ago but going off memory now. Tf pricy stuff but you cannot doubt the quality of Italian Cypress. The sample I tried was an excellent resume for the job. Italian Cypress will get you noticed , right out of the gate. to me it screams masculinity.. not to be sexist but that is the association I make with this. I got some very nice compliments the first time I sampled it.. it seemed to last a good while on me..kudos on that to Tom Ford. I wonder what this would smell like on a lady..? This is that fragrance that makes me feel rugged and handsome. not a bad combination to have on your bod. Italian Cypress is a powerhouse of a fragrance so act accordingly when you chose to wear it. Now if they will work on the price.. lots of nickles and dimes,that is what I would have to do .. bust open that piggy bank. All I can say if the Z14 of today smells similar..? but knowing my luck it no longer does, but you can bet I am going to find out.
Cypress does make me want to own it. This will be on my want list.
I wish it was not so expensive though..yikes.. this is killing my wallet. Personally I find Italian Cypress much more appealing than Tuscan Leather and Tobacco V. Scent preferences are so subjective, I do believe this will garner more attention as time goes on..Worth checking out.
Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

thepro2cer
thepro2cer

This is the SECRET to Z-14, which isn't really a secret If MY newby research found it. OAKMOSS!! If your bottle says TREEMOSS on the back, then it's the reformalation. It was done to save money as oakmoss is an endangered item in some parts of the world...the GUUD oakmoss. Other than that, you're right, cause I've been searching for a oakmoss bottle forever!! Other than that, it's smell too close to both and therefore it's a PASS for me. It's guud, but NOT $200+ GUUD.

RaJuR Music on the web

christianne1
christianne1

Holy cow this smells like Z14! It reminds me of every guy I dated in the late 80s. I love this fragrance and I love Tom Ford but seriously please try a bottle of Z14 and see if you can save yourself a couple hundred bucks! Unless Z14 has been reformulated and ruined. I haven't smelled it since the late 80s or early 90s I guess. This may smell like Z14 USED to smell. They tend to ruin everything with all the reformulations trying to save a few cents. But give Z14 a shot if you love Italian Cypress because they are extremely similar. But then again you won't get the gorgeous Tom Ford bottle (I am sort of enamored with these bottles). Italian Cypress is a really sexy old school fragrance for a man....can't stop sniffing my arm.

EDIT: Okay, I located some Z14...and the newer version smells significantly different than it did in the 80s. Italian Cypress smells like the original Z14 did. Compared to the newer version, Italian Cypress is substantially better quality, has more depth and much more pleasing....and the dry down is substantially better than Z14. The dry down on Z14 is very flat and synthetic smelling. Italian Cypress and Z14 still smell very similar but there is clearly a difference in quality and richness between the two.

I have a decant of this now and my opinion has not changed in the slightest this might be the greatest opening I've ever encountered!!!
Simply unreal!!!
The drydown is still really beautiful but because that opening is so monumentally epic it just serves as a mild comedown after a massive high.
Dries down very masculine like fendi uomo or something along those lines.
I still want a full bottle at some point.

The cypress tree is also a symbol of Artemis, the Greek goddess of the hunt, young girls, and the moon.

Copy n paste from Wikipedia...I'm not that insightful... as you would know if you'd read my previous reviews. :)

Wow...Wow...Wow!!!
This juice is incredible, it genuinely transports you to another place.
I get the feeling of being a lumberjack high up in a tree in a north American forest rather than maybe the leisurely stroll though a beautiful Italian garden bordered by pruned Cypress trees.
I think the citrus and mint give it that airy fresh feeling of altitude which adds to the super woody and green, sappy notes which are obviously the heart of this fragrance.
It's stunning!
Just the right combination as it could easily have been linear or boring.
Tom Ford's Private collection strikes again with another hit for me....arrrggghhh can't afford them all!!!

jhitt793
jhitt793

One of my favorite offerings from the Tom Ford Private Blend Collection. I am not too fond of the opening citrus, which hedges on being cloying, but I do love the herbaceous basil note here. After this fades and the dry down is underway, there is a masterful blending of smokiness, woods and evergreen notes which I love. It is unabashedly masculine, yet I could see a elegant and sophisticated woman wearing this. I have often seen this referred to as "too old man" or a "grandpa scent". I would have to politely disagree. This is a mature scent no doubt, but one which can and should be enjoyed by a spectrum of ages. (91)

Kain
Kain

Well, finally I had a chance to test this fragrance and I must say quality and natural smelling is the first thing that comes in mind.
The opening is green and also semi fresh citrusy scent with some spices in the background.
While there is no cinnamon note in the note breakdown, the cinnamon note play a huge role in this fragrance, specially in the mid!
After that beautiful fresh, natural and green opening and in the mid, you can smell a very natural and bright cinnamon smell with some green and fresh notes and slight sweetness in the background.
I don't know if you guys know what's the cinnamon source, but if you don't know, the cinnamon is a special tree's skin that people take it and make it like powder and use it in some foods.
I already have that cinnamon tree's skin in my house because when we want to make tea, sometimes we throw a small piece of that tree's skin in the pot and that make the tea's taste something really special and pleasant!
Why did I tell you this?
Because I want you guys know that I know exactly how that cinnamon tree's skin smell like and the cinnamon in this fragrance is the most quality cinnamon note ever I smelled in fragrances.
The cinnamon note as I said smell very natural with small woody feeling and it's very natural and pleasant. smell exactly like that cinnamon tree's skin that I told you.
In the base the cinnamon note goes to the background and you will get again that green note at the opening with very light woodsy notes and some sweetness.
Longevity is good but projection is not that great.
It's very versatile and you can use it in all four seasons.
All and all, a great natural fragrance with stunning quality. If you do respect quality in fragrances and you pay for it, this is for you guys.

یه عطر بی نهایت با کیفیت و خوشبو که شخصا از تجربه بوی این عطر روی پوستم بسیار لذت بردم
رایحه اولیه این عطر بوی سبز و کمی چوبی هست با رایحه خنک و شاداب و مشخص مرکبات خصوصا لیمو که رایحه ملایمی از دارچین اونو همراهی میکنه
رایحه دارچین تو این عطر ذکر نشده ولی بهتون اطمینان میدم تو این عطر هست اونم به مقدار زیاد
در رایحه میانی رایحه داچین قویتر میشه و بوی عطر خیلی کم شیرین و در این میان شما همچنان میتونین اون بوی سبز و مرکباتی رو حس کنین. البته ضعیفتر
نمیدونم میدونین دارچین از چی بدست میاد یا نه، ولی در حقیقت دارچین پوست یه نوع درخت هست که پودرش میکنن و ماها ازش استفاده میکنیم
بوی دارچین تو این عطر و خصوصا تو رایحه میانی دقیقا بوی اون پوست درخت دارچینُ میده. یه بوی ملایم و بسیار دلپذیر دارچین با یه ته بوی چوبی. برین این عطاری ها دارن. بخرین و بو کنین تا متوجه بشین چی میگم
کیفیت رایحه دارچین اینقدر بالاست تو این عطر که شما انگار دقیقا دارین همون پوست درخت دارچینُ بو میکنین
بسیار زیبا و خوشبو و طبیعی هست بوش
در رایحه پایه بوی دارچین خیلی ضعیف میشه و شما مجددا میتونین اون بوی سبزُ با کمی چوبی رو حس کنین که رایحه خیلی ملایم دارچین و کمی رایحه های شیرین بوی بسیار طبیعی و لذت بخشی بهش میدن
پخش بوش زیاد جالب نیست و متوسطه اما ماندگاری نسبتا خوبی داره
اگه کیفیت رایحه ها و عطر براتون مهمه این عطر جزو بهترین هاست

jtd
jtd

In a wonderfully straightforward manner, Italian Cypress does in fact smell like the cypress tree. It manages to capture the entirety of the tree: the green stiff briskness of evergreen, the pine-like moisture of the wood, the soil and air and sunshine. It’s unabashedly What It Is. It reminds me of Caron Yataghan, Paco Rabanne pour Homme in genre and character. The linking of herbal, woody and balsamic notes is effortless. This baby has nothing to do with the muscled, depilated, excessively groomed, self-conscious male fragrances of the 21st-century. It's animated, sweaty, and spits on sidewalks. It’s uninhibited in a way that might not fit easily into a social media framework.

Current men's perfumery is still saddled with vestiges of 1990s apologia. It supports aspiration, the desire to fit in, the pathology of conspicuousness. I tend to think of Tom Ford brand style, from my cursory views of it since the 1990s, as aspiring to uniformity and a bland, unexcitingluxury. A world where the White Party is an ideal, and the best manicure wins. It's as if he took the worst from my people, the clonishness and used it with neither irony nor higher purpose. All anonymity and no identity.

But credit where it’s due. Italian Cypress is a beautifully rough ride. It’s expansive and brash, but completely charming. Italian Cypress captures that 1970s good-old-bad-old days feel perfectly.

from scent hurdle.com

MichelleAntonia
MichelleAntonia

I'm wearing this now and I LOVE it. It's got that wet, green note on top of woodsy ones, and it dries down to something very sweet but masculine.

Ivan d' great
Ivan d' great

At first I didn't like it thinking it is an exact clone of Halsont's Z-14, which I love. But know that Z-14 has been reformulated, I am happy Tom Ford came up with this, I just don't agree with the prizes, way too expensive.

keedon
keedon

I am not a fan of TF so am spliting- 4ml in atomiser for 32usd free shipping to america (contact me for other destinations). let me know: keedon at gmail . com

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

I find this fragrance to be fantastic like they took the smells of a Mediterranean garden and bottled it.

It opens very green with lemon citrus like your smelling lemons from a lemon grove in Tuscany. This is closely followed by a stunning cypress note on a resinous woody backdrop.

The woods feel a little smoky like smouldering woods that have been in the direct sunlight for to long. I love how this fragrance has a combination of fresh citrus with warm woods with a stunning cypress note. A amazing fragrance.

I get about ten hours longevity but it does reign itself in after four/five hours in the projection and sillage department. But I can still pick up gentle wafts of the scent for most of the day.

To sum up a very classy masculine fragrance that reminds you of a Mediterranean garden with cypress trees and lemon groves. A big thumbs up from me.

Mick_Trick
Mick_Trick

Italian Cypress enters with zesty citrus and fresh green notes, soon after subtle minty/menthol notes join the fray. As the heart phase takes hold the cypress note opens out and present its Mediterranean green and warming embrace, with green resinous notes appearing that add warm and depth, this is the masterpiece stroke that sets this fragrance apart.

In my mind I am walking up a path in Tuscany with the late afternoon sun wafting beautiful green and resinous aromas from the tall cypress trees bordering the path, I feel free and confident in me and my surroundings...

Wear anytime during the year, however it really comes to life in heat, a warm breeze in a sunny climate seems to awake and lift the cypress and resinous notes, wafting in waves of gorgeous scent clouds. Silage is moderate with a well defined scent cloud enveloping the wearer, however warm air lifts and wafts the scent further. Longevity is very good, and the skin scent persistent.

A subtle, classy, high quality fragrance... Great stuff.

takeitupthenose

I posted a very similar comment on Arabian Wood...but if you find this too classic, too spicy and too woody to the point where it seems unwearable then blend it with Arabian Wood. Arabian calms down some of the boldness of this (but never overpowers it just softens it like a great whiskey and a splash of coke) and it "man ups" Arabian giving it a strong masculine woody edge roughing up the florals and sweetness.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

HEAVY. Yeah man this is the type of heaviness that is worth the price.

I started my fragrance journey wearing POLO GREEN so yes I can smell it in here although different. A nod more than a copy. I can smell just a little Halston Z14 in here. Enough to remind me of it but not enough to be an exact copy IMO.

Add a heavy creamy green undertone THINK Loewe Escencia and you have Italain Cypress.

While many reviewers say don't bother just buy POLO GREEN or Z14 I say search out Loewe Escencia if you can't afford this.

I like this and would love a 15 ml sample but wouldn't go further than that for now.

Also a big deal killer for me is the big bottles are SPLASH ! Not air tight and you can't travel with them. Go away for one month with a decant??? No way.

Smaller size bottle feels cheap to the touch...like a plastic toy.

Lasts roughly 5 hrs. on me.

marios4
marios4

Very good parfume, but expensive.....it remainds to me "Polo" of Ralph Laureen....a little "retrò" fragrance.....

jamescoakes
jamescoakes

This reminds me of the smell of a cigar humidor, which is a smell that I quite like in cigar humidors but not really as a personal scent.

Muzoona
Muzoona

I dont think it has only one ingredient !! this is the most spicy perfume.. i believe it has at least 20 types of spices !

xabaras
xabaras

Tom Ford's Italian Cypress is very lovely, very pleasant, woody and gives you a sense of cleanliness and a resinous introspective feeling of meditation. I like it very much, but the fact that this is so expensive doesn't make it better than another fragrance which costs less and gives you exactly the same thrills: Cipesso di Toscana by Acqua di Parma/Blu Mediterraneo. Thank God for Ebay and the sample I ordered before buying a full overpriced bottle of Italian Cypress. It's lovely but it's too expensive for what it is. It would be even if it were the best fragrance in the Milky Way..

lovingthealien
lovingthealien

Look at you, Tom Ford, ripping off some of the greatest fragrances ever. This is vintage Z-14 with slightly better ingredients. Not that that's a bad thing, but vintage Z-14 actually ends up lasting longer and has a better drydown. And it's dirt cheap.

I do appreciate, however, the fact that this is making people look deeper into the beauty of classic fragrances without their knowing. I wonder if Tom ford hired Vincent Marcello for this one...

Wise-222
Wise-222

I CAN SAY REGARDING THIS BLEND IT'S OLD FASHON

BUT,IN A NEW STYLE,FABULOUS.

9/10 LIKE

akats
akats

I expected a lot, but I was dissapointed. It is a men's smell. Bold and spiced sweet. Not airy, elegant and feminine chypre. But this is the least I can say... It's price is so high, that even if it would be a marvelous perfume, I wouldn't buying it also. How much does its production costs? How much is spent for its promotion and which is the profit of the "name"...?

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

I ordered a sample of this fragrance and I typically hold off judgement until after a few wearings. I know sometimes I need time to get used to something new. With this scent I could not wear it more than once. So very strong and so similar to other scents. Comparisons aside, I was simply underwhelmed with this. Forget the $200 price tag, forget the name, and judge it soley on scent and I still don't like it. It's unfortunate because I wanted it to be great. This is the third fragrance I have tried and disliked by Tom Ford. It's probably the last for me.

update 2014: I've tried more samples of this and have come to love it. The quality is incredible and the longevity is amazing. I have a small sample bottle and I use it at least once per week. I always get a comment from someone. Smell like how a man should smell.

Savitar
Savitar

To me, this perfume is on the very cusp of being too old. It punches with hints of Polo and memories of my Grandfather, yet there is something elegantly youthful about it. A true classic made young again. Definitely worth a try, gentlemen.

8.5/10

al.to
al.to

a undefined fruit at the beginning.
dusty wood and resins
maybe incense
Alittle ordinary and poor
smells like a old aged forniture,closet
with something sweet
Not bad!
too much expansive!

6.5/10

yabadu
yabadu

Well, a tough one.
It's essentially a good perfume, only a very strong one and dominant.
To me, it was too much and in my opinion the heavyness makes it smell like a cheap perfume, maybe with a bit more to it.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

Ooohh I like this! One of the best scents in my collection. Very manly and classical, yet modern. Sillage and longevity are perfect. A sexy fragrance for urban stylish men.

Singabera
Singabera

That one is my fave from Tom Ford!
It's done in best traditions of Italian colognes, woody, refreshing.

fpih
fpih

This is one of the best in Tom Ford's Private Collection IMO. It's dark, dark, dark, with a prominent cypress note along with tons of resins and cedar and just a hint of citrus. To me, it's not sweet at all; it's dry, herbal, almost acrid but in the most beautiful way.

I don't know if it's the fact that I wore it in a funeral yesterday, but it does smell kind of formal to me and perfectly attuned to that haunting sadness. I also find it more masculine than unisex, but still, it's not something that a confident woman cannot wear.

A great scent to be worn during the mediterranean summer, with good -though not as good as the ouds in the collection- lasting power. Still, I'm not ready to buy a FB of this. I'll probably start with a decant and see how that goes.

Update: Tried it again in the winter and the effect is the same; I might even say I like it even more. I'm tempted to go for the FB but my reduced wage is preventing me. Stiil a decant is absolutely necessary for my peace of mind:)

Jordan20
Jordan20

I have this one sitting on my Bathroom counter and it smells beautiful. The mix of scents are really intriguing and it deserves its name perfectly. I like the Cedar note in this, but its the lemon and Resin that really pull me in, its a wonderful marriage of ingredients. All i can picture is laying in the hot italian sun and i've never been to italy but it sort of provides some sense of false but sincere nostalgia with its dry down where the scent becomes soft but still retains a woody smokiness that is wonderful. I think skin chemistry plays a huge role with Italian Cypress. I dont detect anything feminine or remotley masculine about this fragrance, its one of those scents that sit somewhere in the middle and thats something that can be easily appreciated about it.

visione
visione

Of all the scents Tom Ford has commissioned, this is the one that has it all - at least for me! It is woodsy and shadowy - there is plenty to love for a lover of bois fragrances. There is more than cypress - cedar, a touch of blonde wood mixed into the resinous blend. There are earthy tones that emerge as it dries down, and an animalic note that is VERY sexy! It truly is reminiscent of Italy - it is warm, confident and molto elegante - like a well-dressed signore taking his ease in Tuscany.
I tend to wear more than a few so-called "men's colognes" - great scent is great scent on male or female, IMHO. But this one, I will leave to those special men who will wear it with the swagger it strongly suggests.

celina
celina

This is a modern fragrance without any doubts. It starts fresh with a burst of mint and lemon warmed up with basil. There is an aromatic twist in it but nothing boring. You may think you tried these notes before ... you should give a chance to this one as well. It is different.
The top notes are constructed on a woody - resins base. Once the mint dries down the cypress comes in and blends all the notes together in a smoky hot fume.

It dries down woody, warm with earthy green tones. Nice composition. Enjoyed every part of it.

Definitely a nice match for a urban fashion conscious male.

7.8/10

Kterhark
Kterhark

i want to second Fragrancefiend's comment that (s)he detects Cedar. yep, me too. I have a dab of this on one hand, and Guerlain's Boise Torride on the other. Boise lists Cedar in their list of ingredients, which I detect in Italian Cypress.

It is my (feminine) opinion that this is a man's scent, not a womans. Whereas Boise Torride is light and refreshing, this is more heavy and earthy.

I would certainly like to lean over and smell this on my man, but not on myself. High quality product, however, and interesting.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

The towering green cypress trees of the Tuscan countryside, channeled in a clean, earthy fragrance.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

I sniffed this on a tester strip and was hooked. I smell cedar; as if a cedar chest traveled back in time to a crowded Seventies disco full of men wearing Aramis, Grey Flannel and all those other great scents. I am not sure I could pull this off as a scent for a woman but it commands attention.

It is a warm, green scent with the same rich undertone as the other TF Private Blends. This may be up there with Vintage Gardenia and Japon Noir as my favorites in the bunch.

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

This smells of fresh sweat. That's all I can say. And that's a good thing! No, this of all the private blend collection, is the one that gets your blood pumping. I really love the mono-note for the purpose of this collection, as I've said: it's all about the mix, the mix of the private blends and the intermediary notes for getting just the right scent for just the right moment. It's a through back to the past, and pure lux, just like the Tom Ford brand suggests.

Strangly I didn't find this note/scent at all masculine once on a woman, which was an assumption since it is a pretty strong note usually. But no, actually this suits I think a wider audience than one would imagine, it's all about the time of day you are wearing it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Italian Cypress fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Italian Cypress, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Italian Cypress by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Italian Cypress by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.