Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Jasmin Rouge Tom Ford for women

Jasmin Rouge Tom Ford for women
dislike

yellow floral
Jasmin Rouge Tom Ford for women Pictures Jasmin Rouge Tom Ford for women Pictures Jasmin Rouge Tom Ford for women Pictures Jasmin Rouge Tom Ford for women Pictures Jasmin Rouge Tom Ford for women Pictures

With the new makeup collection, Tom Ford presents three new fragrances: Jasmine Rouge, Violet Blonde and Santal Blush (Signature Collection) in September 2011. Jasmine Rouge is sensual and exuberant spicy - floral fragrance. Notes of Sambac jasmine are mixed with clary sage and spices, making an erotic and hedonistic blend.

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, black and white pepper. Heart: Sambac jasmine, broom, neroli, ylang-ylang, clary sage. Base: Mexican vanilla, labdanum, leather, wood and amber notes.

Available as 50 and 250 ml EDP. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux.

Ginger Cardamom Cinnamon Bergamot Mandarin Orange Pepper

Jasmine Neroli Ylang-Ylang Broom Clary Sage

French labdanum Amber Vanille Leather Woodsy Notes

Jasmin Rouge Fragrance Reviews

wallywinthrop
wallywinthrop

Deleted my previous review to write another - I dug my sample of this out and tried it again, next to my Pacifica Tunisian Jasmine. My palate has changed a bit since I last tried it (indeed it tends to change every couple of months - I end up detecting notes I didn't before, etc). It does indeed have a clear pure jasmine, sweet and juicy, but I immediately noticed the spices and musky fullness I hadn't smelled before. Pacifica's Tunisian Jasmine is sweeter and more linear, and I can definitely smell some almond in there. They're quite similar but Jasmin Rouge is spicier and more complex. I adore it. But is it worth the money? I could almost buy a flight to NYC with how much it is. I haven't decided...

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Jasmin Rouge is a beautiful full-bosomed, pleasingly indolic flower to start--fresh with a hint of bergamot and continually blooming and multiplying for quite some time after the opening. Then supporting notes of ylang-ylang peek through, enhancing this provocative flower's beautiful aura making for an incredibly sonorous floral welcome.

As the fragrance develops, the florals start to make way for the spices as they wander onto the stage. Ginger, round cardamom, a sprinkling of soft pepper, and warm cinnamon create a comforting hum of smooth, deep harmony.

Amber creates even more comfort and joy, along with subtle labdanum resin holding onto a hint of indole. Then after a couple of hours, the balance of flowers to spice switches. What started out as a bold, floral perfume transforms into a soft, smoky spiced delicacy accented with jasmine.

Then suddenly my olfactory memory teases out Bvlgari Omnia (brown bottle) in all it's completeness, topped with a jasmine blossom. Omnia is one of my favorite fragrances, but I was quite disappointed to be left with something that I could probably create with what I already have in my wardrobe--3 parts Omnia, 1 part skanky, pure jasmine oil. I think the whole cardamom/ginger/cinnamon accord is too reminiscent in both these perfumes to warrant a purchase for me.

Overall though, a beautiful fragrance to be worn with conviction... daring, classy, sassy up front with a satisfying finish.

andreeasimona
andreeasimona

E un parfum uimitor ! L-am mirosit in Barcelona ! E foarte scump , dar persistent , elegant, luxos ! Grozav !

amaraztavich

I'm wondering if some of the longevity issues are that there are some fake bottles out there.

I remember reading my tom ford pamphlet things and it read that this was to come in a 1.7 and the very large 8. something size.

Are then the 3.4 oz bottles not authentic?

LuxeLove
LuxeLove

I adore this fragrance although I feel the long list of notes belies its simplicity. When I apply it I get jasmine perfection. It is not too sweet and it is not overly complex. It feels pretty, intimate, and vibrant without being too youthful. Perfect for those of us in our 30's.

I can imagine wearing it in any season and for any occasion. It's a lovely daytime scent too. The scent is subtle (depending on how much you apply, of course) but longevity is astounding. I applied it one morning and despite a bath and plenty of hand washing I could still smell it faintly on my wrist the next morning. One thing I love is that even if you accidentally over apply there is nothing headache inducing or cloying as a result. You just smell even more lovely.

The only drawback is the price. I am positive there are other wonderful jasmine fragrances out there that are less than half the price of this one but this one is just glorious so they pale in comparison.

Deppaholic

I see I wrote a review before, if you want to read it. I did not care for it back then. However, after giving it a chance, and really falling hard for Jonquil, I just bought this knowing it would work this time. Yes, yes, it does work. I love it. It's such a pretty floral bouquet. I am not the nose to say which flower is which, I seem to be able to describe gourmand notes better. This is so creamy and rich and feminine, and also the right man could pull this off. I'd think the sexy guy on that new 1950's show could wear this and be in control of it. Yes, someone like that. It's too lovely not to wear everyday. So, I won't go on and on because I really can't. Time does not allow me, nor the proper words. It's gorgeous! I've fallen in love with TF fragrances. I guess that makes me a Fordie now :) I'm not even a floral or earthy perfume lover, and this is floral to me, sort of. Actually, it's gorgeous to me. Old world gorgeous. Do yourself a favor and get a sample, I think you'll be in love also.

Missh1
Missh1

Imagine yourself sitting in front of a roaring fireplace, in the table beside you there is a jasmine bouquet (given by a special someone that went through the trouble of getting jasmines for you out of the season), while sipping chai tea. That is the feeling of Jasmin Rouge.

I understand why so many people agree to disagree that this fragrance is a soliflower. Still, I don't find it possible to categorise it as any... Jasmin Rouge is a jasmine bouquet well surrounded by the warmth of its base notes. But, there is jasmine all the way.

The longevity in me is amazing: 8 hours I would say. And so is the sillage in the first hours! For the ones that don't get much fixation on skin, I suggest spraying it on a scarf. It'll last for weeks!

penguin1010
penguin1010

This scent smelled amazing in my sample vial and when I first put it on. I definitely got the cinnamon, cardamon, and ginger. Then the jasmine came out as well. However, after that, I never got much of anything else. I couldn't smell anything else developing in the dry down. Also, it only lasted about 2-3 hours on me. I will try this again on another day and see if I have any different results, but as of now, it's just a like and definitely not a full bottle buy for me.

UPDATE: tried it again today, with the same results. It still only lasted 2-3 hours, which is a shame because I really liked this fragrance. It's spicy, sweet, and warm at the same time. Here's hoping some of you have better luck with the longevity.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

I read continually in reviews about Tom Ford perfumes, are they worth it price wise? Well, yes, and no, but mostly yes... That depends entirely on the consumer. The true Tom Ford `Fordies` are hardcore, unfortunately I'm one of those. Is it marketing? Not really. It's simply a combination of those insanely beautiful flacons and the juice inside, and I think a lot of it has to do with having the bragging rights of being able to throw around that bougie and pretentious name of `Tom Ford Private Blends`, and granted, not all of them are great, but the ones that are great, are really great. Is Jasmin Rouge worth it? If you're a Jasmine lover, absolutely! This juice is a Jasmine soliflore in it`s entirety supported by a bunch of other fun and equally as interesting notes with an extremely to the 10th degree blaring Jasmine flower, and a really good one at that, but that's where the problems arise... the Jasmine flower is so freakin` loud that it completely, and I mean entirely drowns out all of those `supposedly` fun and equally as interesting notes with the exception of Ylang-Ylang in the first 30 minutes creating the `banana` olfactory illusion along with Amber and Sandalwood being noticeable as well in the drydown, where the far, far drydown, about 18 hours in is simply Amber, quite impressive, and overall, this perfumes just a pleasure to wear from opening until it's done. I wish I could decipher the other notes, but as hard as I've tried, I cannot detect them, but I know they're there. Jasmin Rouge is entirely a powerhouse of nuclear proportions in the indole department and juicy as all hell, but never ever pissy or meaty smelling, and frankly, the realism and beauty from the Jasmine Orpur absoluts are so overwhelming and forcefully jammed up your mucous membranes for the entire time that it just kinda makes you forget that there's supposed to be an `actual` scent pyramid going on there somewhere, but that's absolutely okay with me because this perfume is mindblowingly amazing! Jasmin Rouge creates the olfactory illusion of being surrounded by a cloud of artificially grape flavored bubblegum, personally, I love that smell, so... If you really, really love Jasmine, this perfume is worth it, but if you feel so-so about that ginormous white flower, then buyers remorse is bound to happen. I can honestly say that the longevity issues that people are experiencing with most of the Private Blends has to do with individual skin chemistries, because with Jasmin Rouge, I have no problems. I get an easy 10 hours of moderate projection out of this juice, and still catch whiffs of it myself near the end of it's life well past the 18 hour mark, so other people have got to be easily smelling this on me as well. Jasmin Rouge is wildly interesting with some bombastic sillage in the first few hours along with some potent tenacity, and the truest rendition of Jasmines I've encountered so far, so, for me is it worth it? Well, yes and no. Remember, I'm a hardcore `Fordie` and I love Jasmine, so yes, I can very easily turn a blind nose and plainly ignore the fact that this juice is just some insanely fantastic and highly refined headshop Jasmine oil in a really, really, really pretty flacon and box, and no, because that scent pyramid is utterly pointless and there's little to no development of Jasmin Rouge over it's entire lifespan until the far far drydown, where it's just slight wafts of Jasmine flowers, Amber and Sandalwood, but the quality of that Jasmine flower is just astronomical, and the beauty of the gorgeous ruby red flacon and handsome Sangria colored faux leather box are simply eye candy to stare at, so that completely trumps any downfalls that Jasmin Rouge may have. I also believe that this perfume was manufactured more for Ford fans and clearly for aesthetic purposes as well, so I highly stress any Tom Ford newbies to avoid Jasmin Rouge until you've become `acclimated` to the brand, or else you'll be completely turned off, and interestingly Jasmin Rouge won a FiFi in 2012 for the Women`s and Men`s Specialty Luxe/Nouveau Niche categories, so it should be had in ones collection purely for that reason alone, and technically it's a unisex perfume. Jasmin Rouge is so overtly beautiful that I proudly wear it, but then again, I'm a `Fordie`...

As a very intriguing side note, slather on some pure Patchouli oil and spray away with abandon Jasmin Rouge and the results are an over-the-top drydown that is so deliciously fantastic smelling that I can't even begin to put into words how indolically gorgeous it smells, and it feels like you're surrounded by a cloud of dark purple, which I always get loads of compliments whenever I wear this fabulous and strange smelling, and even whackier smelling but utterly divine is Jasmin Rouge and Amber Absolute!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I had been wanting to give this a sniff after having fallen so hard for Santal Blush.. Well I stumbled into a bottle today and it sprayed it on the tester strip.. At first I didn't smell much but it could have been that my nose was so confused at the time.. Than I started to smell some jasmine with a blend of spices and something that smelled a bit like grape.. Now I am sniffing the card about a half hour later and I smell a nice quality jasmine fragrance.. It definately is a gorgeous dark sensual blend of jasmine.. I can not make out to many other notes being that the jasmine stands out the most but the jasmine is not that super feminine floral cloying jasmine that I have smelled before in other fragrances.. It is really nice and I think I could pull it off but I doubt it will be in my collection any time soon..

dbrii24

I've noticed that many of you are having issues with the longevity of this fragrance. I honestly can't see how. On me Jasmin Rouge lasts for 7 hours+ and the silage is STRONG.

If it helps, before I bought a bottle I too found it to be lacking in longevity and that's because I was spraying it from a small sample spray vial. One spray from the vial and it was gone within minutes. Spraying from the bottle is a completely different story; it lasts forever! My advice: Try it from the bottle to test it's true longevity.

Jada86
Jada86

LOVE this, but only in summer. In winter it is quite "meh", a lovely creamy, almost coconut-y jasmine, which is nice and all, but a bit too linear...almost boring. And not very long lasting.

But when the weather gets hot, it loses a bit of its milky creaminess to bring up the spices to warm up the jasmine, and the citruses to gave a bit of a bite to it. It still smells like Jasmine, but now it's the voluptuous and sticky one, very indolic and hypnotic, almost haunting.
The longevity gets also better: after 7 hours and counting I still managed to smell it, although it was almost gauzy at that point, and not as luscious as it was in the beginning of the journey.
Love to catch a whiff of Jasmin Rouge on my scarf a couple of day after I used it.

efi.paschali.3
efi.paschali.3

I finally got it! This is the first day I'm wearing Jasmin Rouge and my first impression is quite good!I had read most of the reviews and didn't know what to expect! I,too, believe that it doesn't last very long!For its price you expect to last all day long...
But let me ask: longevity depends on what?
It starts spicy, I found the pepper, the ginger, the mandarin...refreshing and sweet.And then it gets sweeter...in the end there is leather amber vanilla,unified perfectly...you feel warmth, elegance,clarity.But despite all this I can't oversee the small longevity.

katoy4
katoy4

I agree with many of the previous reviewers:
- On me also, this is a linear jasmine/tuberose combination. I get no spices, no amber, definitely no citrus.
- It definitely needs something more. It could be a good layering candidate but not at that price.
- Longevity is pretty poor.
- Thus, although I do like it because I like jasmine, I certainly won't be saving up to buy it.

tim.casanov
tim.casanov

Tom Ford's "Jasmin Rouge" from "Private Blend Collection" won an award in 2012 at FIFI awards for new niche men' and women' category. So It's concidered as an unisex fragrance!
It's not just for women!!!

Deppaholic

I tried this today also, one on each hand, haha. Anyways, I think I like the Jonquil better. This one is very nice also. I see more reviews for this, although probably because it's been out longer. This one is melting into grape juice on my hormonal skin. Today I've been dipped in hell and then ice all day long. North east freeze zone. So much for Al Gore's global warming. Argh. Anyways, yep, I've had this one about an hour and it is turning into grape juice. So, while at first spray and 30 minutes, it was nice, and walking through the freezing air (20 degrees), I thought, how lovely, spring time in the Artic. But now, it's just grape juice on my hand. I wanted to buy a Tom Ford, stuck in the Guerlain rut (no such place exists), just wanted a change. So, I won't be back to edit this fragrance. Grape juice, plain and simple purple grape juice on me. I guess that's a good thing. I am enjoying Jonquil. I also liked (on paper) Tom Ford Neroli, but need to test before any comments. These are just quick thoughts as the first hour with these two.

Germany
Germany

Jasmine Rouge
This fragrance is very creamy, very flowery , creamy, heady and all about jasmine, although I get a strong sense of tuberose as well.
Its warm and inviting , its thick and can't be over sprayed. If you don't like florals and jasmine stay away , this may make your head spin ;)
Its odd , I am on the fence with this one. I think its a great fragrance, I have a sample only and keep going back to it , I like it, but then I don't ,i have to be in the mood I guess and I can't over do it , but it sure is a good one. Oh and the bottle !!!! I am such a bottle freak.

Update, I would probably get it but my husband finds it to flowery, so he says.

ecerusen
ecerusen

i didnt try this on my skin but it last on test paper for 4 days.

jasmin rouge is an excellent jasmine scent, you feel like sniffing real flower. the harmony of notes are succesful. balanced, nice, longlasting jasmine.

i think the reason why this perfume is so expensive, is its sillage and longevity(and giving real smell without being synthetic for sure).

Beautiful jasmine scent. For jasmine lovers it is obligatory, I think!
Starts quite strongly, I was even afraid that it would become too heavy to my nose. But, when it developed its flowery heart, I felt happy, cause it wasn't too strong. It was just the way it should be - sexy, enchanting, intriguing, perfectly balanced between sweetness and orient.
Base note is quite spicy, but it does not bother me at all. I can still feel it very well on my wrist after 6 hours. Delicious spices, oh no, it will make me hungry again! I will try not to sniff it:) can't eat such late...

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

This is sex in a bottle.

Red, hot, fire-bursting sexuality.

It's undeniable, flirtatious. One that he'll recall you by..... or her ;)

Latex or silk. Opera gloves or spiked collar. Chains or pearls. Make it your own.

loru
loru

Beautifully created, sensual and sexy, but identical to BLUSH from Marc Jacobs, a delicate fragrance with a very reasonable price!
Very moderate sillage.
Sorry, really not worth the price for me!

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

I own Annick Goutal Le Jasmin, which is a cool, crispy, and fresh jasmine. Jasmin Rouge is a warm and spicy jasmine. The warmness and spiciness are subtle though. I won't call it a traditional oriental floral because it is not heavy. It is oriental light and suitable for everyday wear in my opinion.

The warmness and sweetness make Jasmin Rouge a sensual and seductive scent. While Le Jasmin reminds me of a cool night with meditational thoughts, Jasmin Rouge is a lady with the right amount of sexiness, not loud, not overblown, just enough for you to turn your head.

Both the longevity and projection are better than Le Jasmin, but still moderate. After four to five hours, it becomes a skin scent. I wish the dry down is a little stronger and sweeter though.

carolinedb
carolinedb

I was expecting something much more dramatic from the blood red bottle, but instead got something very light, pretty, and wearable. My dad, who is incredibly picky about perfumes, said he liked it and that "it smelled like real flowers." While it is a lovely fragrance, the price tag is ridiculous for something so simple and linear.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Luscious,intoxicating and complex jasmine scent but, like most Tom Fords,fairly linear.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I smelled this at Neiman Marcus this weekend. Sorry but I find most of the Tom Ford's line totally overhyped. This is a nice scent if you like fresh green florals(I don't know how anyone can think its oriental, as another reviewer mentioned)-there is nothing "oriental" about it. This smells like jasmine and damp green leaves, sort of like jasmine after a rain. I find it pretty linear overall. Its nice if that's the kind of scent you are looking for but for me, its not worth 200 dollars. also lasting power is better than some other floral scents but not stellar. And for $200, it should be

I tried it knowing that I would never buy it.
It's too expensive but I was curious.
Wow! On first sniff I was confused. Is this a hyped exclusive fashion Stardust fragrance?
Interesting... it was all about jasmin for me, very plain jasmin of Tunisian type but... there was something more going on and it was not the impressive listed notes. I almost didn't smell any of them, which is not necessary a bad thing.
It took me a while to understand and then...bang! Here I go! Jasmin Rouge exactly smells like a polished less oily form of my old Jasmine oils I used to by at herbal shops 25 years ago and costs about 50 times more.
I was veeery young and already taken by smells and perfumes. There was a herbal shop that I could reach on foot without asking my parents to take me there and smelled all the little dark brown bottles.
Once I collected my money I bought the bottle with jasmin and it was dedicated to Pisces with a small green label and two fishes printed on it. It had the same headshop vibe as Jasmin Rouge. It's a nice, heady, slightly dirty and erotic smell, nothing elegant.

Strange designer is Tom Ford. His Neroli Portofino is basically a hyper-form of a typical cologne like 4711.
Also Narciso Rodriguez claimed to create his famous NR with Egyptian Musk oil sold on streets in mind.
I'm not saying that they use same stuff but it seems to me like reviving well-known old smells that may belong to our personal story and making them big, refined and crazily priced.
I'm sure I'll see some model around wearing this perfume and walking as if she was queen of the world and oh-so-fashion but this is: headshop jasmin.

FashionSavvyDolly
FashionSavvyDolly

This fragrance really grew on me. When I first smelled it I was on the edge. Then I sprayed a bit of it on my wrist while at lunch one day and caught myself constantly smelling my wrist for the rest of the day! It's definitely quite specific and not for everyone, however this scent is definitely a knock out that any true glamour puss would seek out. Anyone that loves Jasmine done in a sultry way should be able to appreciate Tom Ford's take on it. This is my signature Fall/Winter fragrance.

dbrii24

I want to fall deep into Jasmin Rouge and never come up for air. This is soooo gorgeous. I find it very sexy, feminine and seductive. A spicy and classy floral with a nice dose of naughtiness and intrigue. I'm so smitten! So much so that I recently took the plunge and purchased a 3.4 oz bottle. On my skin it projects very well and lasts all day if I spray the small of my back, cleavage, inner wrists and inner thighs. I've gotten so many compliments with this one and men love it! If I had a signature at this moment, it's definitely Jasmin Rouge. LOVE IT!!!!

WildDove
WildDove

Jasmin Rouge takes me to India, everywhere in India. I get the jasmine, the neroli, and leather. The neroli gives me an impression of incense. Much as I love cinnamon notes, I don't perceive it as such in Jasmin Rouge. Beautifully exotic and intoxicating. LOVE

pisces3774
pisces3774

Wow - this really morphs throughout the first hour! Starts off with a citrusy, neroli-like top. Then I get a lot of jasmine and white flowers. No leather. No spiciness from pepper, ginger, or cinnamon. The drydown is very similar to Dior's Pure Poison.

amaraztavich

I don't know how anyone could mistake this for a ''soliflore''. It is by no means a soliflore... leather is very prominent, as is amber and pepper and spices. Yes jasmine is a prime component of this composition... but a soliflore? I hardly think so.

In fact in the beginning I swear it smells somewhat similar to fruitchuli's but the dry down is not about the jasmine... it's about the leather and herbal/spicey amber just as much as it is about jasmine if not more....

And originally I didn't find this very compelling but now I find this to be extremely unique inasmuch as I can't think of anything that really smells like it.

My only complaints is that it too quickly becomes too close to the skin and doesn't last long enough

On me it does last 6 - 8 hours... but is soft in a masqueline way and as I've mentioned...is close to the skin. Starts off skanky ends up elegant and classy

jtd
jtd

The jasmine has probably received the solifor treatment more than any flower in perfumery save the rose. There are plenty of types available and at the full range of price points. Serge Lutens‘s solifloriental A la Nuit and leather solifor Sarrasins. Badgely Mischka’s fruity soliflor Fleurs de Nuit. Mugler’s chemo-soliflor Alien. Etat Libre’s woody soliflor Jasmin et Cigarette. Green, indolic, sweet, doughy, sweaty, pretty, naughty? There is such a wide range of tones that by highlighting or downplaying specific notes, a perfume may take any number of turns. That said, jasmine solifores tend generally tend toward the crass.

Jasmine Rouge is not more tactless than, say, A la Nuit, which is my favorite jasmine soliflor, largely for its hearty embrace of crassness. Jasmine Rouge has an effusive opening, with a kaleidoscopic cycle jumping around from green to sweet to tart-indolic to spicy-floral at any given moment. It even has a bit of the yeastiness that jasmines and tuberoses sometimes have. It’s not unattractive by any means, but jasmine topnotes seldom are. Others have noted that it falls apart by the basenotes, and I disagree. It does become less distinctive over time, and a bland sweetness smothers the other topnotes, but it manages to keep a sketch of its overall shape.

Would you pay $250-500 for a a beautiful perfume that you love? Tough question. Would you pay it for a tolerable one?

Counterintuitively, distinctiveness is a risk in a luxury design product. Recognizability has as much greater value, and is typically found sitting in the middle of the road. Jasmine Rouge winds up feeling more like a place holder in a perfume line than than a perfume that someone had a great desire to make. It captures an inherent obstacle to launching a line rather than releasing a perfume. How inspired will a perfume be if its goal it to fit a category and fill a slot? It’s a question that comes up with each perfume in the Tom Ford Private Blend line.

from scent hurdle.com

amaraztavich

In the beginning there is something very reminiscent of everyday fruity patchouli perfumes, but quickly morphs turning the focus on the very indolic jasmine, somewhat candied at first ...but the sweetness subsides and you are left with a very close to the skin, soft amber leather with jasmine spices that are now smooth ... whereas before it was quite prickly.... wish it was louder and lasted longer.... it's actually a very unique scent. Masquline ? yes, but more unisex than anything

Leonie Sophia
Leonie Sophia

Is there someone else who thinks it's almost a gardenia soliflore? After jasmin and spices calm down a bit, there is nothing left on me but lush creamy almost coconutty gardenia! No leather, nothing else. I am loving it silly.

freddinos
freddinos

The opening is so beautiful! Very high quality, expensive and natural ethereal oils must have been used for Jasmin Rouge, as the top notes are as good as smelling a real jasmine-tuberose bouquet (I know, it's not listed in the notes). The middle notes get greener-spicier, and the base was my least favorite part: quite heavy and incence like, to the point I felt like I was in a church and I was smelling incence being burnt in the background. All in all a very well made perfume, that is worth its price tag.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

A beautiful non-indolic jasmine scent, with a noticeable sexy ylang ylang. I can also smell a little cinnamon over a woody base... calming, discreet and sensual, but I believe it might be a little overpriced for such a common composition. I find it fresher and more dry than an indolic creamy white floral jasmine, an easier to wear jasmine for people who have trouble with it. It smells expensive and refined, yes, but you can get a very similar perfume for a much lower price in my opinion. I guess it is hard to make a "soliflore" jasmine that is mind blowing and I do not want to take the merit away from this one, it is truly beautiful and if you have the money, why not...

I'm still searching for the perfect jasmine scent though.

delynoo
delynoo

i got a sample...very beautiful scent!! like an alien version for man...!!!

thatsperf
thatsperf

Madonna's Truth or Dare perfume smells similar to Jasmin Rouge rather than Fracas, according to my nose. White floral overload.

Lorina001
Lorina001

I tested it and the smell reminds me of a garden full of flowers. nothing sweet but deliciously floral!!

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

On my skin Jasmin Rouge presents itself as jasmine tea. From the initial spay till its drydown. Jasmine tea, nothing more nothing less. I should give it props for high quality ingredients and great performance but it becomes tiresome pretty quick. I should try to blend it with some other Private Blends to make it more fun.

mimikins24
mimikins24

Despite the varying reviews on this scent, I decided to buy a sample and was pleasantly surprised.

At first, I too experienced the soliflore jasmine, but after allowing it to develop on my skin, I was definitely rewarded.

The opening notes for me are not the spice, but rather a fruity (in particular grape-y) jasmine, with a flourish of bergamot. The citrus is gone very quickly.

The dry down is where this gets interesting. I get the spices (cardamom and pepper in particular), as well as deep sandalwood and vanilla undertones. The grapey jasmine remains throughout and turns quite dark, rich and boozy.

In terms of sillage, I would say this is a more bold fragrance, but not inappropriate for an office setting, keeping in mind that I would never exceed 1.5-2 sprays in any case.

In terms of longevity, I have noticed that the spray in my decolate lasts all day, whereas the scent on my wrists will go through the dry down phase much more quickly. This results in an interesting phenomenon where I get more of the spice and sandalwood on my wrists and more of the boozy, grapey jasmine from my chest.

Delicious!!! I am pleased to have a large FB on the way.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Yes, this is a creamy fragrance but it is not really audacious; sorry Mr. Ford. In fact it's like a declawed cat. The peppery, ginger notes are there in the topnotes but are overpowered by syrupy sweet jasmine and ylang-ylang. These middle notes also completely overpower the base notes. I smell the musk and that's about it. This is like a wine without any real body, without "legs" as wine lovers would say. This perfume is the same. Not bad, just not enough. As the Mad Hatter and the Rabbit told Alice, it is missing it's "muchness." It lacks legs, it lacks a real counterpoint to the sweetness of the heartnotes. Ends up being syrupy but with a strange pepper note in the syrup like a fly fell in the juice. The green notes try to come through in the drydown, but the jasmine just chokes them. Please re-think this one Mr. Ford. I'm glad so many people love this because it will be going up for a swap very soon.

aventus88

isnt just for women> I think is unisex.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Jasmin Rouge is fleshy, creamy, velvety-smooth and sensual...subdued but sexy, I would say. It has a seductive, rich feel, but it also has a tea-like quality. It's pretty much a soliflore, as others have said. I do get a bit of warm spiciness in the background, but it is just that…in the background. I like it a lot. However, I think it's too much a straight-forward jasmine scent to justify the $200+ price tag for a 50 mL bottle. When fragrances are in this price range, they need to be unusual and amazing if I am going to consider a purchase.

The other problem I have with Jasmin Rouge is that it fades to a skin scent within an hour. The longevity should be much better at this price. Several of the fragrances in the Tom Ford Private Blend collection are must-haves for me, but Jasmin Rouge doesn't quite meet the mark - at least not at this price point.

aventus88

hey sweetnspicey if is true I'll buy you a drink

This perfume had so much potential, but it did not deliver. Not even close. Jasmin Rouge smelled almost identical to a MUCH cheaper perfume--Pacifica's Tunisian Jasmine.

I was SO looking forward to cinnamon, leather, cardamom, etc. I got none of it. What I got was 30 minutes of a strong jasmine soliflore that grew quieter with every passing moment. Painfully boring. I wished I'd put on a different perfume so I wouldn't have to spend hours sniffing such a monotone fragrance. This is, no doubt, my least favorite Tom Ford...like waaaay down on the bottom of the list.

P.S. Just tried Jasmine de Nuit by The Different Company, and that smells like what I expected from Jasmin Rouge.

bond_girl1979
bond_girl1979

I popped into Harvey Nick's last week and picked this little gem up. It comes in at a whopping £120, and leaves a really big dint in the purse, but who cares - I smell amazing! :) A lot of Tom Ford parfums are too woody and oud for me, there tends to be a lot of tobacco and arabian sweetness to many of them, but Jasmine Rouge is much more easier on the olfactory whilst managing to retain it's sensual, mysterious and intoxicating signature feature. This blend exudes exoticism and mystery. The Jasmine and vanilla composition is lasting, as is the leather component, and is not too dissimilar to the Robert Piguet blends which last long on the skin and give the feel-good factor of essential oils. I Love love love the dark red bottle.

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

I smellled this today at Saks 5th, I am in love with it. It is so sexy and seductive. It's thats scent that will have someone stop you and ask what are you wearing.n very pricey but I will have to get it soon.

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

Wow! Who knew sex smelled this hot! I loved this upon first whiff! This is the one that stands out in Tom Ford's collection imo. This is so exotic and sensual! It's a bit floral, a bit powdery, and a bit musky , coming together very nicely. I think this will definitely get you a date if you're looking! This is more suitable for evenings and special occasions, however, I wear this during the day with no problem.

As far as what it resembles, I would say it's very close between two of my favorites: Guerlain Samsara and Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior. If you like those type of gourmand, syrupy, almost boozy type scents, you will love this! I normally hate Jasmine, and this is very prominent in this scent, however, I think I've been smelling synthetic jasmine in other scents and this is more true.

Personality- This is very good for a confident, sexy , exotic woman who is mysterious. I picture a brunette with long flowing hair , but hey I have none of that and I wear it.LOL.

Longevity-About 8 hours(my skin is dry)
Projection- It is a beast with projection, the first hour, and then it tapers down, still worth it to me!

Wise-222
Wise-222

I am one of his fans and i have most of the private blend perfumes like ''italian cypress,tuscan leather,tobacco vanile,oud wood and noir de noir''these are the best for me until now, i was
in paris exactly in le bon marche and i have smelled jasmin rough,in my openion it has 70 percent of ''ALIEN BY THIERRY MUGLER'' I am not against the talent fashion designer mr.tom ford but,this one DISAPPOINTED me.

chanchita
chanchita

Super sexy! Tried this in a shop recently and have not got it out of my head since... It completely seduced me. I like spicy perfumes and this in combination with white flowers creates a super galactic pin up party on my skin. Just the right dose of everything. Definetely next on my frag shopping list!

suzy Nasr
suzy Nasr

Am wearing this 2day for the 1st tym. n am getting loads of compliments already.. 2 sprays n everyone can smell it.. love it

antonpan
antonpan

My favourite among the floral fragrances by Tom Ford. Moreover, Jasmin Rouge is one of the most beatiful floral and jasmine scents I've ever smelled. Jasmine here is very pure, milky, a bit sweetened by vanilla and reminds that one in a green jasmine tea. Awesome!

aschiffm
aschiffm

sexy sexy sexy, yet comforting and soothing. The potency of the animalic And very Indolic jasmin + the potency of concentrated spices is really HOT.

mostly spicy, but it was a unique spicy- i think it was the combination of the clary sage (plus the Indian ginger, cardamom and lotsss of hot cinnamon) that made it really stand out. then you get A LOT of leather. it gets sweeter a couple hrs in with the addition of the vanilla as it goes along. it has a bit of a dark bitter/sour kick to it and its a little smoky. its masculine with the spices but the heady floral notes and syrupy vanilla is very feminine.

beautifully long lasting, stayed on my jacket for days. this perfume packs a punch of eroticism. although i can smell it on myself when i wear it, i would say it still sits pretty close to the skin- i found myself having to raise my wrists to my nose to catch its true essence. it would be a nice surprise for someone who gets close enough to your skin.

parislady
parislady

This is a wonderful scent from Mr Tom Ford, yet again. I do love Black Orchid and also Voilet Blonde and have had to wait to purchase this worthy scent. It has so many rich notes to it and has wonderful lasting power but not overpowering, nicely balanced.

The Richness of the spices coupled with the vanilla and Jasmine make it a heady mix. Not too strong or overpowering but with enough staying power to be well remembered and can be worn day or night.
I think night is more suited as it has this wonderful warm drydown with a very sensual feel to it. I adore it and so does my husband. Wear it and be remembered for who you are and also for being well scented.

Lovely scent, great addition to my perfume wardrobe.
Wear it when your feeling extra special.

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Jasmin Rouge is my favourite yet from Tom Ford. It is fairly linear on me but I don't mind. Jasmin here is featured in a superb way - delicate, creamy, inviting and erotic at the same time. The scent is comforting and mysterious. Perfect for day time wear!

Migotka
Migotka

A few scents from TF Private Blend do not work for me for every day wear- they are all good quality, but sometimes a bit too heavy. Jasmin Rouge, although advertised as a night scent, is actually something I could easily wear during the day, and still keeps up this mysterious aura and power that makes it suitable for special occasions. And it is one of the best jasmines I have smelled over the course of the past months... Maybe not ground breaking, maybe not unexpected, but good stuff nevertheless.

It opens with a fragrant jasmine note that from the start to finish is the most prominent; it is accompanied by sweet neroli and vanilla and by very light citrus notes that break the sweetness and adds a bit of tartness to it, and together with jasmine they stay around until the end. For me, JR is not very heavy on spices- I can smell some cinnamon in it.

So all in all, I do find the ad a bit misleading, but the fragrance itself is quite beautiful.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Very strong and sweet! While the initial jasmine hit is rather lovely and sensational it soon gets overtaken by a rather sickly sweet tuberose that smells rather synthetic. Overall disappointing given the hype most Tom Ford's get.
But I am sure it will find an army of fans.

I find the new "Violet Blonde" more exciting.

vertigo
vertigo

In the first few minutes I was getting jasmine only - beautiful, strong, dense, heady note.

Then something buttery, greasy even came - I thought of tuberose - and it got me disappointed.

It could stay just as it was in the top note ... It would be my ultimate jasmine then.

I didn't smell any other notes!
Huge sillage and staying power.

rebekahM
rebekahM

Just got a sample. I don't really care for it for myself. It has lasted all day, I can smell it on myself, so I would say it is strong, but it is not old lady STRONG.
It smells like something I have had many years ago, but I can't put my finger on it.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Wonderful scent..yes..heady..but beautiful. Lots of lush jasmin mixed with creamy, dense leather. Powerful scent.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Thick, lush, heady jasmine smeared over smooth leather. Yum. I fail to see what about this blend would be considered evocative of red lacquered lips and dark smokey eyes, but it's pretty nonetheless. Unfortunately I get little to no whiffs of the other notes, but as both jasmine and leather are two of my favorite notes, I have no problem with this. I do get a itty bitty bit of spice long into dry down though. Longevity is pitiful at 2.5 hours, but Jasmin Rouge is pretty while it lasts. Wouldn't mind having a bottle, but wouldn't quite feel comfortable paying full price for it.

suile
suile

Tried this one today. If you have experienced many jasmin-led fragrances, this is nothing extremely different. Stronger than some but not especially interesting either. I am not a jasmin fan, the SA quite liked it, said it reminded her of holidays in Morocco.

CavyQueen
CavyQueen

According to Mr. Tom Ford himself:

"TOM FORD JASMIN ROUGE is a voluptuous, saturated, spiced floral presented in a deep-red bottle. Two bespoke ingredients, Sambac Jasmine Sepals Absolute and Clary Sage Essence, are brought into unexpected union: Together, they create a scent that is hedonistic and erotic. This composition is enhanced with unusual, exotic spices such as Indian ginger, cardamom and cinnamon, and lively florals such as Ylang Ylang, Italian Broom Flower and Neroli. Finally, an accord of Labdanum Resin, Amber and Abstract Woods is wrapped in Vanilla Bean Infusion and Leather to create a sensuous texture. Jasmin Rouge is as audacious as lacquered red lips and dark, smoky eyes."

Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford 4.15 out of 5 based on 362 ratings and 64 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Jasmin Rouge, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Jasmin Rouge by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.