Designers » T-Z » Aromatic « Groups

Lavender Palm Tom Ford for women and men

Lavender Palm Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

Perfume Lavender Palm is a part of the exclusive Tom Ford Private Blend collection. The fragrance is suitable for both men and women, elegant and refreshing, and contains two types of lavender, bergamot, lemon, clary sage, lime blossom, pink and white oleander, olibanum, green moss and vetiver.

Available as 50 and 250 ml EDP.

Lavender Palm was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Yann Vasnier.

Lavender Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Clary Sage

Lemon Blossom Pink Nerium Oleander

Vetiver oak moss Olibanum

Lavender Palm Fragrance Reviews

TAP
TAP

A lovely, sunny, happy and elegant interpretation of lavender in my opinion; this is a fresh spicy yet smooth and creamy fragrance with lavender in the middle of a bouquet of soft flowers and subtle citruses on a velvety, musky base that ensures good lasting power.

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

I had to sample this at some point, because I'm a big fan of the Private Blends line.

This one smells really nice. Unisex but leaning toward feminine I'd say. It smells, to me, like luxurious sunscreen. It has a sunscreen vibe to it--but not in a cheesy typical manner. But in that, at least to me, it has a white-floral-lotion vibe with lavender as its main focus.

Not full bottle worthy in my personal opinion, but isn't it a unicorn now anyway? --dodged that bullet, i suppose. Still, a great performing scent that lasts a good 6+ hours for me. Glad I tried it, look forward to trying more Private Blends. I'll give this 6/10 because it is certainly unique, and it performs well.

appleorchard
appleorchard

Dark, creamy, oily, animalic, lavender. A masterpiece really. I already own a lavender. But this is nice to have in the arsenal when I want a different lavender. I smell sage too.

landshark321
landshark321

Tom Ford's Lavender Palm, one of the many discontinued Private Blends, actually smells very much like its name---a mixture of lavender and the palm leaf (though I'm not in a part of the US where palm trees grow, their smell is nonetheless familiar from Palm Sunday). In that respect, it's fresh, unisex, and oddly creamy. It's versatile enough to work in cold weather, but I imagine it shines mostly in warm weather, where its potency is best expressed. I don't get much citrus at the opening but I do get some other flowers in the middle, in addition to lavender. Longevity and projection are decent, even with the Private Blend cost and status in mind.

A pleasant warm weather-friendly member of the Private Blend family, Lavender Palm is not one I'll be reaching for much, nor would I spring for a rare bottle, but it's an interesting facet of the collection.

6 out of 10

noirdrakkar

It smells amazing for the first 15 minutes and then it dies down. For that price, meh.

walking44
walking44

BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!

guest_luna rebel
guest_luna rebel

When I got a decant of Lavender Palm from a swap, I didn't think much of it reading the name. I thought, "Ok, this is probably going to be another sharp macho caloney fragrance." Boy was I wrong. This is a severely underrated and relatively unknown Tom Ford fragrance. It deserves much more love and attention than it gets. Sadly, Lavender Palm has now slipped into relative obscurity and it seems like only a few bottles are still lingering around.

Lavender Palm opens with a burst of fresh intoxicating lavender and citrus. Due to lack of the airfreshner vibe, I am lead to believe that this perfume actually uses natural lavender essential oil. The fragrance becomes sweeter with time, but not in a candy sweet way. It is sweet and dewy, almost sap like. The herbal elements are present in the base but it never turns harsh or masculine. I wish the top lavender note lasted longer because it is so divine, but it dies down towards the end. This fragrance is very wet, very leafy. Somehow it manages to make traditionally "masculine" notes softer and harmonious, thus making it more androgenous than anything. The projection of this perfume is good, but not as strong as Tom Ford's darker classics. It lasts a while on skin, but mainly in the base stage.

I usually don't mourn so much over a fragrance discontinuation, but this is depressing. I generally despise aromatics as a fragrance group and have a strong preference for orientals and gourmands. However, Lavender Palm is the only fragrance that has changed my mind. I wish they didn't have to kill it off so ruthlessly. I'm guessing it didn't gain the popularity or noteriety of Neroli Portofino because there weren't enough naked people in its advertisements.

Estreen
Estreen

An amazingly refreshing lavender, backed by touches of citrus- unlike the stiffer, nearly fake-smelling lavenders I've encountered elsewhere. It's lightly floral and very smooth. Easy to wear, and can be worn just about anywhere.

mayberry
mayberry

My favorite lavender! I don't get axe body spray at all; thats disrespectful. I get a very realistic, herbal, lavender. The lavender is dirty, sweaty, yet creamy. Smells a lot like malted milk.

Fortunista
Fortunista

Lavender Palm confuses me. There are notes of wealth and luxury but somehow... also... Axe body spray?!? And my nose goes back and forth between reading it as feminine or masculine. I just don't know what to think! It's lovely.... Sort of!

Lily2911
Lily2911

The lavender palm is quite unique : it has a weird combination of aromatic, sweet , fresh and creamy. It is still lavender but twisted in a very different way ; it is a warm creamy lavender, not the usual metallic lavender which i associate with masculine barbershop aroma. I am so sad that this beauty is discontinued... The sillage and longevity are amazing

MoonSparrow
MoonSparrow

A couple of months ago I posted on the boards here a request for spicy lavender fragrances that might be close the scent of my treasured Dream Cream by LUSH. I received a lot of nice suggestions and ordered several samples but they did not put forth the sweet, aromatic and spicy lavender I sought. I gave up until I discovered TF's Lavender Palm.

Now, Tom Ford and I don't always get along. There is really only one other fragrance of his I like, and I actually LOVE it with a passion: Champaca Absolute. So I was a bit reticent about a blind buy from ebay of this discontinued fragrance.

I am so very glad I threw caution to the wind and bought it! I wasn't sure of it at first application; I thought I detected that dreaded sour quality that so many fragrances containing citrus notes have. It is there, yes, but only for the first 10 minutes. Then it settles into the delightful lavender that I have been on quest for for so long.

It is a little spicy and really not all that sweet; aromatic and refreshing. For me it is not the least bit salty and I am not reminded of California by it; I wonder if those who are reminded of California are influenced by Mr. Ford's assertion that it is a fragrance meant to evoke a sense of that golden state? I live in the southeast, and this reminds me much of herb gardens tended by the environmentally conscious denizens of North Carolina's Smoky Mountains.

It is very hot and humid here now, and this is so soothing a scent for the dog days of summer. I would love a bigger bottle of it; perhaps this is one that will be brought back when Tom Ford allegedly reissues some beloved discontinued ones from the past (I heard a rumor)...

The lavender here lasts throughout the entire wearing on my skin and the citrus notes fade into the background. This is what I wanted!

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

LAVENDER PALM smells just like a man who has received a straight razor shave at a barber shop. This perfume is warm, like the hot towels used to wrap the facial whiskers; lavendery, like a barber's own fragrant, herbal special blend of shaving cream; leathery, like the straight razor that's been sharpened on an animal hide; cool, like the cold towels to close the pores; and lemony, like a citrus aftershave applied. This frag smells sexy, edgy, exciting..

I love LAVENDER PALM! And, even though I clearly think this smells more masculine than feminine, I, being a woman, will always wear it. I don't care! In my opinion, some of the sexiest perfumes on women are masculine--we don't always need to smell flowery or like a bowl of fruit and candy! Sometimes, it's sexy for a woman to smell like fresh cut lavender and clary sage, vetiver and oak moss.

I will be pulling this perfume out a lot this summer because it has great longevity, 8+ hours, and sillage. . . but mostly so I can wear it with my mini skirts and tank tops!

pinktojen
pinktojen

Oh the differences in chemistry.
Its all lavender on me with a touch of the vetiver (now 8 hours later on the skin).
Its all palm on my husband, less spicy but just as wet like Penhaligons's Cornubia.
I got it for a steal so given its not my favorite, its worth it for the high quality ingredients.
It was definitely more interesting on him then me. Reminds me of Dorian Gray.

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

Shame it was discontinued...creamy, delicious and feminine...

jackoca
jackoca

not for me :P have sample, not last long and not gives a good projection

LuxeLove
LuxeLove

I just discovered this fragrance through a decant and when I went shopping I found it's been discontinued! Catastrophe! I must stock up through other venues.

Someone else noted this smells like California in a bottle and I agree. The lavender balances with the citrus and the underlying moss and vetiver to give it a non-traditional summer feel. It's difficult to describe; even though it doesn't have the notes it smells like the ocean, palm trees, and sun. It's like a clean breeze but not at all harsh. It makes me think of wandering the Santa Monica board walk on a warm day. It's a scent that actually takes me somewhere and I adore it.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

This is Los Angeles in a fragrance. Not the grimy, thuggish part of the city, or the part where all the hip, tumblr-loving, wanna-be model/actor/musician/artists dwell, but the sparkling clean, wealthy part of the land. You know - THOSE people. Their hair is thick and shiny, their gold-rimmed aviators would never be seen smudged or scratched, and their pearly, chrome-y vehicles are beyond pristine - they'd never leave an empty latte cup in that vehicle, no sir. They're not like the rest of us.

Lavender Palm is for people who can make white linen pants and a tight tank top (over a dark, toned body) look like art. It's for people who always have perfectly pedicured feet. It's for people who have no children and insist on white couches and carpets in their massive homes.

It's for THOSE people...or people who want to imagine what it feels like to be those people as they smash their noses against their wrists and inhale while they sit on their saggy couch while watching Harry Potter movies. (Yes, I just described myself).

Yay, Lavender Palm!

nero77
nero77

California Lavender...

So with this creation Tom Ford meant to evoke California (and specifically L.A.) in bottle. As someone who hasn't been to California, I'll have to take his word for it here.

The smell... To me this is a wonderfully authentic Lavender which is surrounded by herbs and fresh citrus. There are actually two types of Lavender being used here by the perfumer, Yann Vasnier (Lavanillin & Lavender Absolute), which are supported by clary sage, bergamot, oakmoss, and both lemon and lemon blossom. At the bottom of this herbal base is vetiver and olibanum... and the overall feel is that of a dry, salty, yet fresh, herbal lavender.

Personally I am someone who loves the smell of lavender, and although lavender is sometimes seen as a masculine note, I think this could work on male or female. The composition is fresh in the beginning, turning to dry and herbal in the base. It's almost like a "salty" lavender... as if the lavender bushes are growing by the sea coast, with the salt in the air and the dry herbal aroma coming from the bush being baked in the sun.

It's a wonderful feeling, but the problem is (as with most Tom Ford Private Blends), is that the price can be a little high. Lavender Palm is a wonderful, authentic lavender fragrance, but it's just as good as any other really good lavenders I have smelled, if you have the money for this (and want to smell like California luxury), go for it. But you can also check out a classic like Caron's Pour Un Homme which will also give an authentic lavender. But for a herbal, dry, citrus lavender, this is probably one of the best out there (if you have the money for it).

Top and heart notes are nothing but intense lavender. Honestly speaking, I think that it is perfect scent... for a man. I mean it is not feminine at all.
Maybe bossy women like directors, CEOs or even rulers of the house, could wear it. That was a little joke! I mean - if you feel powerful, this type of scent is definitely for you, no matter what you do.
Base notes are quite gentle and lovely, I really could wear this scent if it was like that all the time.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

"Gone in 60 Seconds" - the lavender, that is. The first spritz was wonderful, but this is a case of disappearing notes. Within a minute I could not smell any more lavender, and was left with a light floral vetiver accord. Nice, but not what I was looking for.

Singabera
Singabera

Bright lavender beginning note is great, but then - boring-boring-boring base. Nothing special, Gris Clair lavender I like much more!

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

very nice for daily use .. very fresh and nice in the morning

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

My first crush for a Tom Ford Fragrance!

Classic aromatic fougère with a spring/summer citrus & blossom creamy feel with an herbal touch. What got me or my "nose" was the fact that the lavender kept it's herbal smell. Many lavender fragrances have a soapy side. Lavender Palm, on me, has that herbal scent like when you press your fingers against a lavender plant or leaf. A very simple scent, well... not that simple considering all the notes (cedar, palm tree leaves, linden, laurier, etc.) that does not transformed itself into something different than what it supposed to be. Unlike others have experienced, the opening is quite persistant and the dry down keeps its bright citrusy touch to the lavender and a very light spicy touch. Lasts for hours on me.

A white shirt, a bright hot spring or summer sun and by the end of the day it's still there.

In a few words… sweet botanical lavender!
Unfortunate that it has been discontinued.

Jadis4742
Jadis4742

This just smells like a cheap motel room to me. A clean one, though. Cheap cleaning solutions and scratchy sheets, not a dingy-and-reeking-of-cigerette-smoke room.

muzzbait
muzzbait

starts off interesting and intriguing; then, within about 5 - 10 minutes it becomes quite boring and bland. Very linear, reminiscent of cool water. kinda expected more...

EDIT 23 feb 2014 : Tried this once again, it's more interesting than I remembered...lavender juxtaposed with heavy citrus. works well...definitely worth a sniff/trial. I'm liking it...

Majesty
Majesty

Lavender Palm opens with a burst of lavender which unfortunately fades so quickly that you even forget that this is supposed to be a lavender based fragrance. It has a salty vibe that just bothers me after a while. A simple citrus scent with some herbs for dressing at the drydown. For that price range I would stick to cheaper and realistic lavender fragraces see Penhaligon's Lavandula or even Yardley English Lavender.Mediocre.

noirdrakkar

I assure you that the minty herbal lavender opening is both one of the best openings and the best lavenders in the business.

The problem is that after 10 minutes, that opening is gone and you're stuck with a dull run-of-the-mill mildly sweet floral vetiver base. It just doesn't project well after the first hour either.

An amazing opening doesn't matter if the rest of the fragrance is totally generic. It's the worst you can get without being a complete trainwreck. And for $200-300, absolutely not.

nonsisa
nonsisa

Lavender palm is very nice in the opening with its richness in Lavender. However once it's gone the Green moss note takes over and is what remains.

TeeTeeRarr
TeeTeeRarr

This is a sweetened spicy lavender. It certainly catches your attention but oh, how I wish they had used fresh smelling, better quality lavender!! Don't be tricked by the amazingly fresh lavender that bursts out immediately you spray this because it turns cheap and artificial in a minute. I'm heartbroken because this would have been FBW for me if the lavender was not so cheap aftershave cologne-like. This had serious potential. I'm so sad.

jtd
jtd

I love black coffee, but I’d rather not drink coffee at all than to drink it with sugar. My preference has led me to have my own category of coffee, which is defined by a lack of sweetener.

Lavender Palm is the sweetened coffee of lavender to my nose. It’s a creamy, sweet lavender, nothing like the resinous, woody, incense lavender of my favorite lavender, Parfums de Nicolai pour Homme. But as with coffee, who the fuck cares what I think?

Lavender Palm is distinct, coherent and inventive. The shape of the perfume holds green herbal facets, sweet creaminess, and the nutty-woody notes without becoming unbalanced or falling to pieces. The composition holds the lavender in the center, but keeps it from overpowering the other notes, something a sharp lavender often does. If you can get past paying hundreds of dollars for a lavender fragrance, Lavender Palm is one of the better options.

from scenthurdle.com

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

The opening of lavender and lemon for me is quite rough and dry. After a short while, my skin soaks up the frag and what I get is a clean, summer waterfresh skinscent... The herby lavender turns all creamy and smooth, thank goodness. I love how the lemon is conjured in because it gives you this fresh, out of the shower feeling. This is a well blended lavender - citrus scent that is sensual yet simply beautiful on its own. Rate: 8.5/10

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

Like putting on lavender absolute straight up. It has the same rough edges as the natural essence and smells herbal more than anything else. It is so unpolished it feels almost indecent but what is really indecent about it is the price TF charges for it. Even though I like it, I wouldn't buy it even if I could afford it. I just feel that paying much more than the actual worth of something is a sign of lack of taste. I can dab some lavender absolute (which I buy online for 0.1% of this) and essentially get the same effect, all natural and with same projection and longevity. Aromatherapy benefits are a welcome extra...

aki777
aki777

Such a lovely unisex fragrance. At first spray I knew it reminded my of another fragrance, and I figured it out what it was-a hint of Chanel Allure-perhaps because they both have the notes of bergamot and vetiver. On my skin lavender disappears quite quickly and bergamot, vetiver and lemon blossom (I think) stand out the most. Smells quite feminine imo.

Hatleberger
Hatleberger

Was not sure if the opening was medicinal or detergent like.. Now at a dry down it smells like a toilette duck cleaning solution. Fresh one, citrusy. Masculine, definitely a male duck. Not convinced by this fragrance for a second. And it does not wash off........

Amos Jolthead
Amos Jolthead

LP is a very smooth floral with lavendar being the obvious dominating note. It's very linear on me. It evokes exactly what the title says it evokes. It's a bit strong at first, but settles very nicely. This is the first TF fragrance I have tried, and I guess I can say that there's a definite reason this scent is as costly as it is. The notes are just very exquisite.

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

today, I got three bottle of Private Blend collection. Tuscan leather, Azure Lime, and this one. It starts with a very straige opening..Hardly say what it is...after 6 hours to now..it smells soft and sweet..very nice and strong lasting power..

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A very lovely mix of lavender and lemon that smells really refreshing and good. It's one of those scents that is simplistic with not many notes but done incredibly well.

What is though no laughing matter is the criminal price they charge for what is essentially a lemony lavender. If the cost was high street reasonable then this would be a must buy for the Summer but alas not at the price Tom Ford wants for this.

AlessandroVil
AlessandroVil

I love Tom's Ford private blend but this is the masterpiece that will never die. Fresh and sweet but very masculine and absolutely refined. Stays for hours on my skin. I will always buy it!

Synconroy
Synconroy

Beautiful scent by TF. Great projection and last at least 14 hours on my skin, excellent spring / summer frag, love it!

williamvargas
williamvargas

have heard of this, got a sample and it is a very nice scent especially for summer, i would love to have this one, hopefully i can find something that is similar at some less coin.. but very pleasant and beautiful opening..right away brings a smile to a fragrance lovers face..now lets see how long it will last. but at first sniff i am thinking an ultimate warm weather fragrance, many positive comments.. wow.. nice stuff...
becoming one of my most complimented , especially in the office..
I really cannot think of a better fragrance for summer.. if you have a signature in the summer , this would be mine.( if I could afford to wear it everyday)

scratchnsniff
scratchnsniff

I think I was expecting a little too much from this fragrance, what with the expense and heritage. First spray was medicinal lavender, drying down to lemon then to a gathering of herbals. Oh, and it does not last.

My quest for the perfect lavender continues. Not helped by the fact I have over 50 lavender bushes in my garden and nothing in a bottle has come close to the real thing. I'm a fragrance newbie, but I sure know my lavender.

lisa o
lisa o

it's by Yann Vasnier

for me, besides Dior Eau Noire and Encens & Lavande by Lutens, one of the lavenders worth having.
crisp, lemony, very herbal though creamy, salty, moist (almost sea-side without being an "aquatic").
the vetiver and oakmoss give it an interesting and elegant back-bone.

a bit like wearing only sea-salty skin and a bikini under a tuxedo. I like:-)

dboakes
dboakes

Smelt this in an airport in the middle east. I smelt the lavender at first and then it faded into an old school aqua. I really loved it as I can seeing myself wearing this on a hot day. Other reviewers said this didn't have longevity but I have to disagree. It stayed with me for hours and really developed over that time. Highly recommend.

mjc17601
mjc17601

A lavender with depth... I could bath in this fragrance.

martinweibye
martinweibye

Smells like sunscreen, not a bad smell just not worth 200$

heymistersky
heymistersky

As a fan of both Tom Ford and lavender, I had to try Lavender Palm. Unfortunately, it's a little too 'masculine' for my taste. Although it is a unisex fragrance, I believe this is more suited for a man. I ended up giving it to my boyfriend in the hopes that he would use it since I do love the fragrance!

anettelove
anettelove

I'm partial to lavender, and Tom's Ford is the best! A friend has just come from Spain and the one thing I asked him to bring me was as much a Lavender Palm as he could carry, and God bless him, he did. So now I'm back to spraying in on sheets, pillow cases, myself of course, and whatever other bright innovation that comes to mind. It has such a fresh, clean scent... I just love it!

aschiffm
aschiffm

Oh Tom ford, you trickster you! This is NOTHING like the other private blends (which are mostly dark and seductive that I also love). although it has that same "inspired uniqueness". He has turned the lavender into something completely unexpected. This is such a unique smell for spring! It even smells a little tropical/coconutty to my nose! the palm in the title refers to the palm leaf note.

It's creamy/lush, a natural sweetness, fresh , vibrant and mossy. Floral, lime/lemony and the slightest bit herby. I am not usually one for "citrus" or "bright" fragrances, but Tom ford just has the magic touch I guess, can't ever go wrong. This scent is sooooo addicting.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

This is the most perfect lavender perfume I`ve ever come across. Its very naturally smelling with the hints of bergamot and oak moss in the background. Very unisex and perfect for warmer type weather. Lush, sophisticated and calming. The chrome bottle looks flawless and makes my collection of Tom Ford PB stand out.

Quarks
Quarks

What a wonderful fragrance!

Having own a few of Tom Ford's fragrance, this one is indeed different. And unexpected. Very refreshing, summery, sensual & upholds a sense of class. The silver bottle does reflects how the fragrance conveys itself, less so with the brown bottle. It is less complex than most of the Private Blend, and in my opinion, a winner in its own right.

Initial encounter on the wrist, the first impression was 'wow'. The floral scent of lavender wraps itself elegantly stimulating my olfactory senses reminiscing of my childhood days. Very charismatic, innocent yet mature. Sensual, rather than sexy. I have caught myself time & time again subconsciously taking a whiff from my wrist, closing my eyes, experiencing a sense of calmness & serenity. The stronger Lavender note eventually creeps in almost like a double-fold of satin enveloping slowly on the contours of the skin, irresistibly whispers to your senses announcing its presence.

I remember my first encounter with Tuscan Leather, also my first time trying on Tom Ford's private blends. The fragrance was so irresistible that it literally haunted me for weeks before I gave myself in to a 100ml bottle. But it wasn't enough, I just have to have the larger decanter. My weakness failed me as the ownership quenched my long awaited desire. Lavender Palm, now, is exerting its similar hypnotising effect on me. I must be insane or possessed. My mortal mind cannot differentiate anymore under this spell. Nor I care to. I readily admit I am a willing victim and I gladly surrender myself to the palms of Tom Ford's blend of Lavender... 250mls, here I come.

CrimsonIdol8
CrimsonIdol8

I wasn't entirely sold on this fragrance initially. However, after some time with it, I've determined that it is rough around the edges, and whilst a woman can wear this and probably pull it off easier, it's perfect for the right kind of man.

It is LOUD at the start and is easily present in your nostrils. However, you'll be lucky to get any projection out of it after a few hours. It is fleeting in that respect, but it manages to stay on the skin, albeit softly, for an above average amount of time.

It isn't overly complex, starts off with a VERY strong lavender and develops into a milder, smoother lavender at the base. Lime, vetiver and a light incense make casual appearances through the scent's note progression. For Private Blends fragrances, this isn't unusual, since they generally all focus on one particular ingredient.

Is it worth the $226.50 AUD I paid for it? No. I'd expect something with more longevity for that price. Do I regret buying it? As a collector, I don't regret many purchases and in this case, you really can smell the quality materials and the fact that it IS expensive. It makes an impression. Just be sure to decant some of it and carry it around with ya.

Oh, and the bottle is absolutely beautiful.