Designers » T-Z » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Mandarino di Amalfi Tom Ford for women and men

Mandarino di Amalfi Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Mandarino di Amalfi Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

Mandarino di Amalfi by Tom Ford is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Mandarino di Amalfi was launched in 2014. Top notes are tarragon, mint, black currant, grapefruit, lemon and basil; middle notes are black pepper, coriander, orange blossom, clary sage, shiso and jasmine; base notes are vetiver, amber, labdanum, musk and civet.

Tarragon Mint Black Currant Grapefruit Lemon Basil

L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme Sport

Mandarino di Amalfi Fragrance Reviews

pinktojen
pinktojen

It's not the most interesting or most complex or most anything. It's just a really great citrus that I want to wear all the time because it smells like when I peel a clementine: sweet, green, citrusy, and mouth watering. Is a clementine the best thing you've ever eaten? No, but it doesn't have to be to be enjoyable and lovely.
I never would have bought this if it were for my wonderful husband, I would have saved my money for more interesting scents, but the fact is every time I'm in Sephora I spritz some on me and I rant, "if only it wasn't so pricy."
In a way, it's like having an over priced but basic piece of David Yurman jewelry, it's the first thing I grab for an outfit because it's undoubtedly elegant, chic, and does the job.
A good citrus is easy elegance, and that is never out of style and always worth it at the end.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

I feel pretty well acquainted with the entire Private Blend line and I can say with confidence that this is definitely my least favorite. Cheap, generic citrus that smells like it could be from any designer brand and cost $20 on fragrancenet. It feels like Neroli Portofino stripped of it's intrigue and allure and pumped full of orange juice. I wish they had included some unique notes that could actually be detected. Perhaps if the shiso and civet were stronger this would actually be a unique olfactory experience worthy of Private Blend status.

rprovenz

Below review was meant for the neroli portofino forte.

rprovenz

Smells very much like the original to me , so I would buy that one instead. You smell good or you don't. Without the usual IMO or TBH or generic and synthetic comments on here.

It is an interesting fresh citrus scent. Quite complex for a modern fragrance. More masculine than feminine. Kind of soapy. I can smell citruses, white flowers and green notes like basil and mint. It's a little bit spicy as well.
It smells like a product of quality, but is more suitable for a man.
Good, but a little too soapy for my taste.

GabriCookies
GabriCookies

This fragrance is subject of much misunderstanding in my opinion.

It's actually very enjoyable.

It reminds me of Neroli Portofino, but in a different way. Just like NP it starts off citrusy and then gets soapy; it's a different kind of citrus, somehow bitterer than NP.
I agree with what many have said that it smells a lot like citrus peel, yet it's very good. I agree with TFordAndCreed about the bitterness; it's probably what keeps this fragrance on the masculine side. As its siblings of the Private Blend line it's unisex, but leaning on the feminine side.
I find it more playful and young than NP. Also, the bottle's shade of blue is out of this world :-D

Curiously enough, I find the longevity almost acceptable!!!
NP lasts a couple hours on me before disappearing completely, while I could still smell this (though feebly) on my skin after 8 hours.
The final soapiness is also good and comforting, it has a very baby-like smell.

You can probably get a similar evocative scent for a fraction of the price, but this is a good fragrance nonetheless and smells expensive, if that's what you're into. I wouldn't say it smells chemical as others have said.

EDIT:
Eventually I purchased a bottle and the SA gave me some NP samples as well. I am glad I bought a full bottle of MDA instead of NP: Neroli smellsamazing but has absolutely no longevity on me. It's gone without trace in a couple hours, even paired with the body lotion from the same line.
Mandarino lasts much longer; I can smell it for the whole day even though the sillage is very moderate.

I would say that if you want a fragrance for yourself (...because you like it, not because you want to impress others) that you can smell throughout the day, this is a great option.
On the other hand, if you want to leave a trail of scent behind you or fill the office room with your fragrance everytime you walk in, look for something else.

nikhilsharan
nikhilsharan

The first time was rather enjoyable. The second time it was just a weird chemical citrus with an offputting stingy vibe. I have smelt worse in designer ones but thia does not look like Tom Ford would make. Quality 5/10. Longevity 3/10. Price 2/10. Final verdict - Try Bergamote soleil by Atelier, Aqva viva by Pro Roma. Forget this.

TFordandCreed
TFordandCreed

Oh Mandarino di Amalfi the fragrance that I love and love to hate all at the same time.

I always tell myself that I will not buy another bottle when I run out. Guess what I do every time I run out? I buy another bottle. I'm on bottle number three over the two years this stuff has been around.

I know there is probably better out there, but it works for me. I really like the fact that it dries down into a nice musky floral. It really works nice on my skin.

With my girlfriend, it is another story. On her skin, the lovely citrus opening has a sour and bitter quality that doesn't go away. You read that correctly, the citrus never dries down. The musk and floral notes do show up, but it maintains this bitter quality the entire time. It really is puzzling. I don't see how one person can get this citrus soapy floral vibe while another gets a sour putrid smell.

Lastly, the longevity is a bit of an issue. My second bottle that I purchased about a year ago is the best performer. But it is still at 6 hours. My newest bottle is a 4 hour max. No big deal as I spray on my shirt and keep a small sprayer with me and I am good to go.

Overall, it really is a great fragrance. It may lack in consistency, but what doesn't these days. Given the way it acts completely different on my skin versus my girlfriends skin, I must urge you all to try before you buy. This is too expensive to risk having a sour putrid smell on your skin.

MickZ
MickZ

Delicious and citrusy, with some light spiciness, it reminds me a bit of Varvatos Artsan Blu on top. The older-brother Neroli version has a bit more staying power. As light and pleasant as it is, I can't rationalize the cost of this when it's all but gone in a couple of hours. Also, I can only smell like mandarin oranges for so long before I tire of it.

I think Costa Azzurra is the better choice for a guy if you want to stay in the Private Blends line, because it's dirtier and has a touch of cypress oil. That said, it is somewhat unique in the sea of freshies 7/10.

Frankee
Frankee

mhhhhhh, this one is so fresh and citrusy, the opening shows the great quality of the ingredients. a superfresh burst of mandarin and lime. not soapy like costa azzurra or salty like azure lime.

on my skin the burst lasts for about 30 minutes and the drydown after 2 hours or so becomes very similar to costa azzurra. after 3 hours it is very close to skin and after 4 hours it's almost gone.

never had it on in very warm weather.

this is fresher than costa azzurra and azure lime and goes a similar way like the divine neroli portofino but without the neroli.

very, very good. this one is a feelgood-scent, not more and not less. it makes me happy.

try it, if you got the chance to.

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

This one is interesting. It hits me in 3 main stages:

The first stage, when applying it, is a very bright citrus zest, not the pulp but moreso the oil within lemon and grapefruit skins. Sharp, clean and enjoyable.

Secondly, i get a strong soapiness which is very synonymous with Irish Spring....at least for me. I enjoyed this part the most, but it was fairly short-lived. Then, it faded into Stage 3. ...

Stage 3, for me, was a little peppery, also a little powdery. Not what I expected from one of the blue bottles in this lineup.

All in all this is a great fragrance, but after about 20-30 minutes i find that it leans heavily toward feminine, moreso than Neroli Portofino and Costa Azzurra in my opinion. I'm hard-pressed to rate it less than 7/10, it's a great scent but not one that I would prefer for myself.

SauvageHound
SauvageHound

On me Tom Ford's Mandarino di Amalfi opens with a blast of orange juice that all too quickly drys down to a generic sort of soapy smell. It's not offensive, but it's definitely not worth the price of admission, especially given the poor longevity. I know that many people love this, and I had hoped to be one of them given my personal affinity for all things citrus, but as is, I found this to be pretty disappointing.

TAP
TAP

Mandarino di Amalfi is a lovely, light and fresh perfume that succeeds beautifully in creating an initial impression of a real life, juicy, delicious and perfectly ripe Italian mandarin orange. This impression lasts for a good couple of hours before softening into a subtly citrusy, herbal and musky drydown.

tatonnement
tatonnement

LOVE this one and normally I don't like "soft" fragrances. This is the ideal, perfect summer scent- just close your eyes and imagine you're sitting somewhere by seaside with orange trees close-by and the warm wind is lifting the scent from the trees, sea and other greenery/distant florals and shrouding you with the magical scent concoction. Everything feels warm and what Clinique Happy wishes it could achieve - a natural, non synthetic fragrance that literally makes one smile. This is a beautiful musky citrus that transports one on vacation when worn. I LOVE that I can detect the vetiver note in this frag as I find it balances out the citrus perfectly and gives it a unique punch.

The only downside, and this is a huge downside, is that it does NOT last very long. For the price tag you'd hope longevity would be there but it's not. However, is it worth it? Probably. I can't think of anything coming close to this, except maybe Orange Sanguine by Atelier Cologne.

wesleyhclark

The top notes are zingy, citrusy, sparkly, fresh and very pleasant. Sadly, it all turns to soap on my skin. There is good soapy (Prada Infusion d'Homme, Mugler Cologne) and bad soapy. This is one of the bad ones; sniffing it irritates my nose.

A pity. I really liked those top notes.

Longevity on my skin is a couple of hours.

SoheePark
SoheePark

It's soo nice!! Smells like a relaxing holiday: imagine you're listening to chill music at the seaside, the breeze is in your face, you drink some lemonade, you smell salt and flowers in the air. This is the vibe I get. The scent is fresh, clean citrusy and aquatic. Comparing this to Neroli Portofino, the latter is the more active, in-your-face crispy citrusy fresh scent. You get me?

milkyway
milkyway

Mandarino di Amalfi smells very unpleasant on me. For some reason the fresh notes evaporate almost immediately,and what remains is the herby sweet labdanum and musky amber. Grapefruit turned synthetic and overly cloying, reminiscent of cheap imitations of the note.

I got whiffs of pleasant green scent every now and again, but they were predominantly overpowered by the dense oily sweetness of the base notes. I think it has something to do with the type of musc used here. I only like very few muscs, and the type used here does not work well with my skin at all.

steve1991
steve1991

Wonderful! Very natural, sweet, clean, fresh, citrusy scent. May not last too long, but its amazing juice. If you can get a good deal on a bottle or decant, I highly recommend it. Love it!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Clean soft citrussy unisex scent. Again, great for summer and beach weather. Light wear and comfortable.
I get citrus, soft musk, mint and vetiver base. Can't go wrong wearing this. Give it a try! (esp. if you're Light Blue fan, this is better)

lilalina
lilalina

Beautiful unisex cologne type scent. Very fresh and summery, not very unique or original in it's genre.. Projection is weak, longevity decent.

mikenac
mikenac

If you like Carpet Fresh, you will love this. Seriously, this smells like soapy Carpet Fresh. I also get hint of gummy worms. Blech!

walking44
walking44

At first spray, a beautifully done herbal, minty, lemon. But after a while, it turns to a fish-scale aquatic smell. You're left wondering what happened.

Magifera
Magifera

It came in a mail today. Ohhhhh I so wanted to love it but I just kind of like it. Summery, clean, citrusy, minty, cologne-like but not mind blowing at all. With all honesty, my first thought was "Irish Spring soap bar!" Does it smell pleasant? Yes. But I expected so so much more... like D&G "Light Blue" on steroids or something. I'll wear it, but as for now - it's not my love :(

Capricious Capricorn
Capricious Capricorn

I love orange/citrus, which seems to always fade immediately. Not Mandarino di Amalfi though! Seems like you have to pay Tom Ford prices for this though. In spite of being a citrus it LASTS and it smells divine. Maybe one of these days. I want.

psychdoc
psychdoc

I don't own Mandarino di Amalfi--yet, but it's certainly on my want list. I've sampled it at Nords and Neims several times and smelling it is like a breath of fresh citrus Amalfi air. I'm actually surprised that I like the scent as I typically do not like orange/citrus anything. However, something about the citrus, floral, green, and watery accords make me want to smile everytime I smell the Mandarino di Amalfi at the department stores. There is a realness, or even juicy sensation in the fragrance's notes and accords that seem to fool your olfactory senses to the point of almost tasting the citrus notes. I expressed concern to one of the sales people at Neims that it might not be "masculine enough" (I know, I know, some of us guys foolishly worry about things like that). The sales woman replied in her gruff, straight-to-the-point, no-nonsense Russian voice, "things like that no matter these days. you like it, you wear it." I appreciated her mantra.

Recently, TF's Amalfi won the 2015 FiFi awards, which has me even more sold on purchasing this soon. Btw, congrats to you TF not only on this particular fragrance and the FiFi award, but all of your others also. Well deserved!

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

This is one of those fragrances where the juice is just SO spot on that you could care less that the longevity is less than stellar... It is transporting and fresh, clean, lightly soapy, like being on a beach with a cool breeze and having someone fresh pressing oranges behind you letting the pulp and rinds sit in the sun.
Somehow in that brief moment in time a breeze goes past that fresh citrus, through some beautiful white flowers and winds up blowing straight at you, warm and wonderful.
Over spray it. You'll find it lasts long, just needs some extra pumps!
Great.

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

I do not care if the longevity is short. But, i can still smell it after 6 hours on my skin.Just a overspray a bit. This is an amazing scent very fresh and beautiful it puts a big smile on my face. Any woman that has gotten a whiff of this has started a conversation just off this scent. It shines in the hot weather.

leonardo.gonzalez
leonardo.gonzalez

Out of the three fresh sisters that Tom ford has produced, this one is definitely the ugliest one.
The opening is great! But the dry-down.....*Facepalm*
Cheap bubblegum aroma is all i'm getting.
This might be due to the mix of mint and orange blossom.
Summary: It doesn't smell bad, but for £140 ($212)! you might as well go for one of the prettier sisters ;)

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

similar to Neroli Portofino but more tangerine/orange smell mix with orange blossom/lemon and musk. I personally think it's the best of the blue bottle line, followed by Neroli Portofino, Fleur de Portofino, and Coasta Azzurra

siomes
siomes

I took a spay of this at one of the David Jones stores.its nice but very light for a Purfume and smells similar to the Glasshouse candles range of Amfali coast. Mandarino di Amalfi is a cheaper smelling version of that.

snowtree
snowtree

Ahhh, Calice Becker knows her perfumes. Take one part Granville (Dior) and one part Lys Mediterranee (Malle) and viola, you have Tom Ford's magnificent Md'A. I give a lot of credit to TF. He gets some of the best noses and churns out one great perfume after another. He could've easily chose crappy materials, perfumers, and sacrificed quality for even higher profits, but instead he keeps things in check. Longevity and sillage are mediocre but a definite winner.

Confessions
Confessions

I have sampled and tried this a few times. I do not detect any Mandarin or citrus type notes. its very warm and very orange blossom driven. Its nice but it seems to be a very mature ok scent. A tad more for mature women it seems. For the excessive cost it doesn't seem to last.

Halftail
Halftail

Perfect, perfect . I am trying to buy this one to wear in Italy for the next summer :) Also , I love the idea with bottles with 30ml while the big one is mega expensive ! 30ml yeah..I can afford . Love Mandarin

arsenal009
arsenal009

Reminds me of Sicilian Mandarin by Ermenegildo Zegna. Except this one lasts longer & is more expensive.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Longevity and sillage far away from the standards of Tom Ford. Cute and just cute.

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

I'm enjoying tHe musky civet aspect blended with the citrus. This is nothing I've encountered in citrus dominated fragrances before, or else they've been massively less prominent. I like it.

kjoyjoy
kjoyjoy

This is a lovely scent if your chemistry fits it. I smell the orange, citrus, and the civets, but you must sample this product to discover if your chemistry causes it to scream and blend beautifully. For me, the smell after thirty minutes lasts about 4-5 hours or more, but beware, your chemistry really alters this perfume. My friend tried it, and after an hour, we both were shocked at how her chemistry changed it; she changed perfumes too!!!

Too pricey for an orange perfume, as there are many out there if you love that smell.

Bodda89
Bodda89

Jasmine neroli and lemon do provide the mandarine like effect i notice civet really faint but its brilliant addition and i smell something like iris in the background i think this is one of my fave scents and since i got an imitation that didn't even cost me $10 i really like still if i had to pay the $ bla bla bla i wouldn't have been keen on it

Muzoona
Muzoona

mmmm so where is mandarin in the notes ?!

Michael1962

Mandarino DiAmalfi is an extremely uplifting summer fragrance.
Opening with a strong,crispy and juicy citrus blast which cant help but put a smile on your face.Extremely well blended which is the cornerstone of all Tom Fords in my opinion.
I don't quite get the comparisons with Neroli Portofino as I find that NP is softer and rapidly becomes a skin scent.Mores the pity as for the less than 30 minutes I can actually smell it,its quite unlifting although a tad soapy.
Mandarino I have no issues with.Summer weather really brings this to life and I get a solid 4 hours with gentle wafts every so often during that time and even though the citrus never fades completely the floral and musk notes keep it going that much longer.
Definitely worth checking out if you're searching for a crisp and invigorating summer scent :)

cafeyleche
cafeyleche

For me, Tom Ford's fragrance are a super hit or super miss. It really depends on your body chemistry. For example, one of my friends bought noir de noir and when I tried it on, it wasn't as intoxicating as it was on her...but when i tried this fragrance, Mandarino di Amalfi, I fell in love with it. It starts of citrusy, but melts into my skin like a nice spicy mediterranean smell. I get compliments when i wear it and it is my "Italy" fragrance as now I live near Venice.

TheTomFordEnthusiast

Not bad, but whenever I smell my bottle of it, I want to drink it more than I want to spray it lol.

Jomoves
Jomoves

The bottle is just beautiful and the juice with in nice too. It's like someone squeezed a few mandarins into a blend of Neroli Portifino and Tabacco Vanille. I like it, but fruit scents always remind me of The Body Shop, and there's nothing Body Shop about the price tag of this one.

The longevity is okay - about 4 hours on me, and the projection is moderate. Unique, but I woukld say more for a man than a woman. I just can't imagine too many men wanting their squeeze to smell like this, although I can imagine women liking it on men.

Cyrus Smith
Cyrus Smith

The opening is quite interesting. A minty citrus that last about 15 min.
After that it transformed itself into an unidimensional floral scent that kept me wondering for about an hour and a half to what exactly this reminded me of ???

Alfred Sung for women! A fragrance that my grand-mother and one of my music teacher used to wear. Oh, it's really not what I expected it to become. Is it the jasmin with the citrus or the tarragon? I have discover that jasmine & citrus, when mixed together, on me, the floral takes over. Even though Alfred Sung for women was characteristic of the end of the eighties and the nineties... I think this one is really not for me. More floral than citrus.

wesleyhclark

The title suggests that it's an orange scent, and indeed it is. It's not a bad one - and it lasts somewhat better than average - but I don't think there's anything really special here to justify the $200+ price.

I do not smell civet - not at all.

If I want an orange scent that lasts at a reasonable price, I think I'd pick up a bottle of the justifiably popular Terre d'Hermes.

Pretty bottle.

Uriya
Uriya

This is truly a wonderful scent. Tried it on the Duty Free on my way to the summer vacation, a month ago, and I was simply blown away. This is, for me, a better effort than its sibling: Costa Azzura. It is closer to the Portofino, but has that twist of mandarin orange and perhaps, mint and other herbs which give it a very sharp and unique fresh smell like nothing else I came across in the citrus department. It is not complicated nor dramatic with a statement, but it is gorgeous in its simplicity and whoever wears it - WILL get compliments! As for the longevity and projection: I clearly remember this scent stayed on my wrist for (at least) 4 hours and was detectable within an arm length from my skin. Again, it depends on the skin oils and chemistry, so I know it changes from individual to individual. Over all, highly recommended - if people spend 200 dollars on a bottle of Dom Perignon, I don't see any problem spending 200 dollars on TF Mandarino di Amalfi. Pure pleasure.

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

Mandarino
di Amalfi

by TOM FORD

Although the pictures above are beautiful, you truly should see these bottles in person. The trio, Neroli + Mandarino + Costa, are stunning and sparkling in comparison.

By then, your senses are distorted and smelling testers in stores is not going to do anything. You're already too impressed to not like any of them.

The Tom Ford Expert aka the salesman & I were having a good conversation even though standing in Neiman Marcus I feel like a poor, peasant worthless being and the employees are Kings & Queens. This guy was nice though, and he eventually gave me some free miniature samples as if he was feeding the homeless.

I was in shock. Bliss, actually. I finally don't have to just fantasize about owning any Tom Ford. I now have 4 new Tom Ford fragrances to enjoy. Small little potions to play with.

Today, sunny Sunday I lightly rolled on my first scent to try - Mandrino di Amalfi.

I only applied it to my wrists, and probably used .0001 mml total. It felt like liquid gold. I thought if I spilled any, I might scream.

Ecstasy, really.

Some sort of intoxicating experience that goes in & out as I go about my day, walking by my apartment pool, driving to the grocery store, and during my afternoon cuddling my bed. Every now & then I would catch a whiff, a wave of di Amalfi and my body tingled.

It's masculine in stereotyped perception. It smells like the synthesis of a clean, refreshing cologne, but as always I believe there is no gender to fragrance.

On a female, this fragrance might react differently and what is masculine to me might be perfect for her.

On me, it is earthy. There are rocks, boulders, and pebbles laying in the depths of Mandarino.

The water is rushing, and then it stops. It is rapid, and then it is calm.

The signature scent rolls in, and then back out just like a wave on the coast.

You're there. Transported. When you smell this, you're taken away.
& Then, you're back.

Home. Adventure. Escape. Comfort.

It's all there, and it's all for you.

TOM FORD does it again. He's captured an evocative emotion, an exotic journey, and an exceptional experience under a signature formula season after season. They all have that "it" factor.

Mandarino di Amalfi is a just another trip into TOM FORD.

For $200+ a pop, I imagine you should have plenty of money to blow before you buy this. At this kind of price, it's sort of a sin: gluttonous, lustful, proud, greedy and maybe even little envy.

I will agree with a few comments above that this probably smells the exact same as Neroli. However, I have given Neroli a review, and I rememberly comparing it to the cleanest, most purest shower you ever take.

This, I compared to an ocean, the sea, and waves. Totally different experience.

Well, I hope you are intrigued. If you ever want to talk, please do not hesitate to message me.

Yours,

The Boy Next Door

Jwaks
Jwaks

An incredibly pleasant, very soft citrus, floral and herb scent. A crowd pleaser that's well made yet less pungeant than a designer fragrance. Performance is poor and sillage virtually non-existant. Light, pleasant lemon, orange blossom and light herbs quickly dry down to fresh green herbs and a hint of dry wood. I can't detect over half of the notes listed save a very small hint of amber in the dry down. Nice for spring, awesome for summer. Can be applied liberally and I mean lots because the scent is so close to the skin and short lived. Uncharacterisitc of most big, bold and brash Tom Ford scents though I can't fault the house for releasing a gentle, pleasing and well made summery citrus/herbal scent. I can't help but think this hardly fits the the Tom ford label line-up as much as I like it. Oddly I prefer this to other lemony/herbal designers like Versace Eau Fraiche and Signature because the citrus is gentle and well integrated with other notes.

Super Sniffer
Super Sniffer

This is very floral on my skin. I'm not too comfortable wearing it, however smells great on my wife. If I were to say it reminds me of something it would be a mix of Dior Homme sport and Creed's Jardin D'Amalfi.

It lends a dryish pungent citrus and again on my skin floral backbone. Has to be the jasmine and orange blossom. I don't really see the Neroli Portofino comparisons because this doesn't have any soapy presence to at all.

Tom Ford quality all the way and on my dry skin it's a good 5 to 6 hours with moderate projection. Willing to bet it will perform better on others. This is nice solid 4 out of 5 for me.

Michael1962

Aussie Tom Ford fans can be assured that both this and Costa Azzura will be available here in early September coincidentally to coincide with spring.
I have been reliably informed by my TF consultant Helen at David Jones department store in Sydney.Cant wait to sample both of these new fresh fragrances.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@areyouin729: fantastic assessment IMO. I too saw the similarities with Hermes.., I will add this that it's DNA is very very similar to that of Jardin D'Amalfi... For ME- it's superior to Jardin D'Amalfi, but not quite the longevity..... There's a note that I don't see on the list of note breakdown, but I'm CERTAIN it's in there: PINK BERRIES!!! And yes, this is a gorgeous fragrance, even for those "throwing salt", because they'd love to get it for $50 or less (*_*)

areyouin729
areyouin729

my local Neiman Marcus had this today and wow; I was blown away by how good this one smelled. I put it on my skin and still smell it 4 hours later so I am going to go back tomorrow and purchase it. I don't really see the NP similarities as I think that one is highly overrated for a "private blend". I am very critical of Tom Ford because I don't think his stuff is anywhere near as good as the Creed lines he tries to compete with but this one is a masterpiece to me.

It starts out very orange/lemon then fades into something a little floral and musky for about and hour then becomes this amazing citrusy green cologne. This reminds me of a much better Hermes Verte D'Orange; an updated better quality version I should say. I rarely ever spend full price on a perfume but I will def. do it for this little gem.

spcmiller
spcmiller

I just received a decant of the two new Private Blends, and I find this one the most engaging. Let me just say that if I had to pick one word that sums up this scent it would be chaotic. Or perhaps misdirected. I don't see the similarities to NP that everyone else is stating, and I own samples of both. MdA is a nice, clean (but definitely middle-of-the-road) citrus scent, and sadly that's the extent of its charm. For being an EdP, its longevity and silage are both far below par for what this scent costs, and I was hard pressed to get more than an hour or so out of it. But lemme tell you: that hour was wonderful, but an experience I've lived before with scents that cost a fraction of this.

UPDATE: I don't know if this is entirely correct, but when this comes out of the bottle it bears a fleeting but striking resemblance to Issey Miyake's Summer 2013 scent. They both seem to have a very strong ginger top note, but it very well could be the kiwi.

cxsand
cxsand

Didn't like it but when I went back to work all the women were going crazy over it.

BrainAlien
BrainAlien

Went to Tom Ford in Las Vegas today and got my nose on this fragrance. Wow. If you like citrus it's absolutely amazing! My wife loved it and wants it for herself. I think I could get away with wearing it on a hot day...it really is unisex. It's a great scent, indeed.

TheTomFordEnthusiast

Cannot wait for this one!! It sounds so good :)

Wise-222
Wise-222

i have a feel that this fragrance will be the same
style of ''jardin d'amalfi by creed''and i wish that
we will try them soon.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Mandarino di Amalfi, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Mandarino di Amalfi by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Mandarino di Amalfi by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.