Designers » T-Z » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Neroli Portofino Tom Ford for women and men

Neroli Portofino Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Neroli Portofino Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Neroli Portofino Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Neroli Portofino Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Neroli Portofino Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Neroli Portofino was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux. Top notes are bergamot, mandarin orange, lemon, lavender, myrtle, rosemary and bitter orange; middle notes are african orange flower, jasmine, neroli and pitosporum; base notes are amber, ambrette (musk mallow) and angelica.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Lemon Lavender Myrtle Rosemary Bitter Orange

Bright Neroli

Neroli Portofino Fragrance Reviews

I'm a bit confused...
Was this reformulated?

I had a bottle of NP about a year and a half ago and even though the scent itself is lovely, I was very disappointed with its longevity (I would get about an hour on my skin).

A few days ago I received two small sample vials of it at Sephora, and tried it on again. While the scent itself is the same (delicious!), the longevity seems much better. Not extremely long lasting obviously, but lasts long enough to be compared to other citrusy summer scents.

If it was reformulated and now it actually lasts longer, it might even be worthy of repurchase!

TuesdayTaylor
TuesdayTaylor

Light, soft, clean, happy fragrance. Reminds me a bit of philosophy's Pure Grace, just very soapy and fresh-washed. It has a calming effect, it makes you feel good wearing it and it's pleasant to be around.

Konga5000
Konga5000

Neroli Portofino was my introduction to the world of "high fragrance" !

I love all things Neroli since the first time I had sniffed a tiny thimble sized bottle of the essential oil back in the early 1990s.

In planning to scrimp and save for the high priced TF NP; I came upon a small sample of Jo Malone Orange Blossom. For about half the price (?) Jo Malone will give you "all day whiffs" ! I swear! (TF NP will give you a few whiffs within a 1/2 hour period.)

So as others have said take one spritz of the affordable Muglar Cologne , and a few spritzes of Jo Malone Orange Blossom = TF NP; BUT with LONGEVITY!

If Tom Ford charged HALF the price on his frags; he would still be making a HUGE profit and maybe SOME of us could actually start a collection withought going broke.

Oh well.......................

Lightning
Lightning

It's a really good fragrance, but seriously, I would just stick to Mugler Cologne for 1/10th the price.

BurtReynolds
BurtReynolds

Neroli Portofino was my introduction to Tom Ford fragrances. It made quite the first impression on me. I'll say right from the start that this isn't typically the kind of scent I would find myself wearing. After spraying it on paper all I was getting was a very clean, soapy smell. It smelled pleasant and natural, but not something I was blown away by.

Then I tried it on my skin and wow! That's when I was able to smell the various notes of this. I feel like I do want to purchase a bottle now, but I'd like to sample the Acqua and Forte versions beforehand.

This is definitely a well done fragrance though! Very clean, very fresh. Perfect for summer.

aziz.bou
aziz.bou

Best perfume for Summer vacation and Dates especially in hot and humidity weather.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Neroli Portofino Tom Ford

Top Notes: Bergamot Mandarin Lemon Lavender Myrtle Rosemary Bitter Orange

Middle Notes: African Orange Flower Jasmine Neroli Pitosporum

Base Notes Amber Ambrette Angelica

Glorious. This is walking through orange groves in the countryside, or in my imagination, through Tuscany Italy in the time of the Roman Empire, or in an orangery in Versailles in the 1700's. It's a stroll beneath orange trees. The summer breeze carry with them the aroma of neroli and every citrus imaginable: lemon, oranges, mandarin and orange blossom. Orange blossom is actually here although it's being called "African Orange Flower", but the scent is the same. This is all about citrus. If you love citrus fragrances like 4711 or even Florida Water this should be a pleasure to wear. This is refreshing and fresh, but it's more on the bitter side and not sweet. It smells graphically realistic and rural like Tom Ford captured the scent of a countryside and orangery into a bottle. The rosemary note to me is really heavy and it gives this scent the pastoral and aromatic herbal essence that is in it's heart along with the citrus. Orange for days. The fragrance lasts for over 6 hours and it's unisex. Anyone that loves citrus should get this. It's a summer time fragrance and better than lemonade. When the fragrance of citrus and neroli/orange blossom fades away all that is left is golden amber that has always matched up with citrus. Strangely it also reminds me of Shalimar, as if a ghost of Shalimar floated into it. It's a delicious throwback to classic citrus scents. It's all that I love about oranges, the summer and the country.

JEDI 2.0

My wife says this stuff smells like grape flavored candy to her. I don't agree one bit, i think she's losing her mind, quite frankly.

To me, this stuff smells like a really nice sunblock.

Kon-nos91
Kon-nos91

As I have said before, Tom Ford's perfume are very 'intelligent'. They smell like experiences or basics in our life and there's such a funny story between Neroli Portofino.

My mother liked it a lot. She bought it the same day I bought Miss Dior Cherie (2011) edition. Next day we were both laughing because those perfumes reminded us of vintage cleaning stuff. I'll skip about mine and I'll concentrate to Neroli Portofino.

I am very sure that I wouldn't spend so much money to smell like this. It's a perfume that reminds absolutely the citrus aromatized wet hankies they serve after meal. Exactly like this. Like a citrus wave of refreshness. Ok, NP is way classier as it has a bit of sweet white floral and spicy/aromatic undertones, but I couldn't wear it and rock it. It's ideal for summer and with very light use could do miracles. That's all.

Un update.
re-tested it last Saturday. Backhand and on paper.
Although the citrus is gone after 3-4 days, only a very shy sweetness appears here. It's nothing like the stuff I tried in Rome and I thougth to be NP. It has been 14 days now but the paperstrip is still heavenly sweet. Although soft.
Apparently I got my strips mix up in Rome.
So this must be Ermenegildo Zegna italian Bergamot.

Which leaves for Tom Ford Neroli Portofino only the 4711 eau de Cologne comparison. I can hardly believe this.
I mean, this were the Parfum versions. Not the Forte, but also not the acqua. WTF as if the Parfum version is not weaker than baby piss. Why would anyone be interested in an softer version? The other paperstrip I took from Rome was blank the very next day (1 spray)
The one I have here 2 sprays.
I will do a 4711 comparison later. Don't have it but will buy it only out of curiosity.

I will need to go after Ermenegildo Zegna italian Bergamot, and Mediterrenean Neroli though. See if I can mmatch the paper strip I have here.

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

if you don't want to smell like cologne, but you want to smell soapy clean, get this.

DONE.

7.8/10

Louismanuel

I just sampled it on my backhand and on paper 4 days ago in Italy.
As often I can hardly smell these Summer fragrances on me, unless I sniff as if I would be sniffing drugs: deep into the nostrils. That is what I do after sampling it, walking aroud the Airport or Mall like a drugsaddicted sniffing my hands.
I had this with Acqua di Gio, one or 3 sprays, doesn't really matter, skin sence in 5 minutes. Same happend to Neroli Portofino. It's such a shame, because the paper I hold here has such a beautiful, softsweet drydown. If I just could have this drydown on me for let's say 3-4 hours, armlength sillage, I would pay the ridiculous amount of money they ask for it.

I sampled also another very expensive fragrance on the same occasion, Emernegildo Zegna Italian Bergamot, which had a lovely opening but was gone pretty fast, both on my backhand as well as on the paper....unless I mixup the paper strips.
So I have now this lovely subtil paperstrip here, with a charming drydown, which I thoughtt to be Neroli Portofino.
But according to Fragrantica Ermenegildo Zegna Italian Bergamot should be far stronger.
And I can not identify the notes I am getting here.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter what it is. because both perform very poor on me and apparently I am not the only one. For the same reason I never gave Gucci Pour homme II a chance, not even when it was on sale (42 €/100 ml)
These fragrances only serve one purpose really and that is to mess up your mind: You know that they smell lovely, buut neither you or those around you will ever notice them, unless your friend is lying in bed and rest her/his nose on your chest.

akitty0543
akitty0543

My heart is broken. I wanted to love this scent. I'm a huge Jasmin Rouge fan, and when I realized that Rodrigo Flores-Roux did both I was sold. If I close my eyes and focus really, *really* hard I can get the neroli, citrus, and orange blossom. If I'm honest with myself, I smell... Carpet Fresh. I want to appreciate this, and the subtleties of the various notes. However, I can't get over that initial impression, which is unquestionably Carpet Fresh.

I even asked my boyfriend his take on it. He smelled it on me, lowered his eyes and paused, then merely said it was "ok" and asked what my thoughts were. I told him it reminded me of Carpet Fresh. He let out a sigh of relief saying, "Oh good! I was thinking the same thing, but was worried I was going to insult you." He said it smelled like cleaner to him.

This scent does change with time. About thirty minutes to an hour after application I started to get more of a white floral scent, which is nice, but shortly after that it starts to turn into the same smell as sunscreen. After a couple hours the only thing left is the faint smell of sunscreen.

I could care less about the price. My opinion would be the same if this were $14 an ounce instead of $140. A perfume that transitions from Carpet Fresh to sunscreen? No thank you.

koskhandeh
koskhandeh

Scent +11/10
sillage +7/10
Longevity 1/10

The scent is heavenly, but it's rediculously overpriced, and longevity is an absolute JOKE! 30 minutes at best... To wrap it up, this is an expensive, beautiful air freshener :) this is gonna be my first and last bottle. Thanks God it's (supposed to be) EDP, otherwise I estimate a longevity of 2-3 minutes if it were an EDT xD
I really hate it when magnificent scents get screwed up because of longevity issues :( Tom ford Neroli Portofino and D&G the one EDT & EDP to name a couple :( on the other hand, other companies glue a perfume's molecules to your skin :) I sprayed the new Dior Eau Sauvage only once on the back of my hand in the shop, which reminded me of an old man's scent, I tried to scrub it 3 times with dishwasher sponge and it's still there... DUH!

MickZ
MickZ

For a fresh fragrance, I think the longevity is actually above average, and better than Mandarino. This is not Tobacco Vanille, so don't expect miracles regarding staying power, but that's not the point. It's a great summertime scent that truly is reminiscent of the beach and is sure to please, but you really need to like neroli.

It is linear and not very complex, but it doesn't need to be. I think the Forte version is a significant upgrade, but you'll pay the price. 8/10.

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Neroli Portofino by Tome Ford is a masterpiece product of this recognized company. This great perfume have got a Citrus and White Floral scent with a bit sweetness. I also can smell something spicy in the middle note. Orange Flower scent is dominant and then I suppose I can smell Orange, Bergamot and a bit Lemon scents too. The longevity and projection are great and It can be wear in Summer and Spring for daily usage. With no doubt It is a marvellous perfume for people who are choosy
نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند

SheliQueen
SheliQueen

I am, SADLY, addicted to Ford's ridiculously over-priced, under-achieving Neroli Portofino line...If it's available I own it...in multiples. After reading these reviews I had to jump in to say the line is a complete waste of money and effort...LONGEVITY has zero meaning for ANY of his Neroli Portofino line. Within thirty minutes EVERY trace of this fragrance has disappeared from my skin that has been bathed, oiled, lotioned, deodorized and perfumed (EDP and EDT)...do I love the fragrance? YES!! Do I appreciate the ultimate rip-off that is Tom Ford Neroli Portofino (in ANY form) NO!!! I am finished with it...when I use the last of my gigantic hoarded supply I will waste no more time nor money on Tom Ford...There are other fragrances out there that will provide the actual longevity for which the consumer pays, and will likely please me as much (likely more) than Ford's over-priced, watered-down products...stick a fork in me Tom Ford: I'm done. The ride is over.

Ms Libra
Ms Libra

Absolutely gorgeous! it makes me think about travelling as a child - the scented warm towelettes we were given on the plane, and those lovely little hotel soaps. I was instantly transported back to my childhood and got quite teary in the department store.

I applied this at 09:30 and by 13:15 it was a beautiful distant memory. I can still smell it when I hold my wrist to my nose and inhale deeply, but it is now very faint and it makes me feel sad all over again.

At $198 Australian dollars for 30mls I would want more staying power. I just can't spend so much on something so ephemeral. But the nostalgia it evokes...priceless.

AliPratt25
AliPratt25

Very nice citrus perfume. The neroli is a little screechy at first, smelling like the rind of a freshly squeezed lime, but the dry down is lovely. Perfect for hot Florida summers! Fitting for a man or a woman but it does lean more to the feminine side in my opinion. Sillage and longevity are light to moderate lasting only about 4 hours. Smells like a very fine, expensive and classy citrus cologne which is pretty much what it is! Nice addition to any summer perfume wardrobe.

freewheelingvagabond
freewheelingvagabond

Much has been said and made of Neroli Portofino, perhaps one of the first fragrances in the modern era to explore the highly concentrated eau de cologne style. Perhaps this is a marvel of modern technology, possible only in this age. However, the modern age of perfumery is not the golden age of perfumery unfortunately.

Neroli Portofino is essentially a super concentrated version of the classic cologne (4711) structure. It has a bright, sparkling neroli opening that persists an appreciable amount of time on skin before subsiding to a subtle ambery base. It has good sillage initially and very good tenacity considering it's basically an eau de cologne.

But there is a caveat.

Personally I'm not certain whether more concentration is always better in the case of eau de colognes. A traditional cologne should be refreshing, invigorating and provide brief joy and upliftment, meant to reapplied every hour or two. A super concentrated cologne, therefore, is essentially self-defeating in its purpose.

If one is just looking for a long-lasting fresh fragrance, there are numerous more exciting options in forms of fresh florals, fresh vetivers and even aquatics.

Lastly, Malle's Cologne Indelebile (very much alike to Neroli Portofino itself, except for having a clean white musk base) is worth checking out as it seems to have even more tenacity than Neroli Portofino.

However, I prefer traditional eau de colognes (Nicolai, Mugler, Guerlain, Hermes....), fresh florals (Chanel Cristalle), fresh vetivers (Malle, Guerlain, Tom Ford, Lubin), aquatics (Bulgari Aqua, Sel Marin) or simply concentrated colognes that are more innovative (many from Atelier Cologne, and possibly others).

While the opening is very invigorating, it can come across as screechy on a bad day.

3/5 (neutral)

2SEXY4THISTOWN
2SEXY4THISTOWN

Absolutely beautiful! 10/10!!! This makes me feel so beautiful and sexy and calms me down! Too bad I can't afford a bottle!

JEDI 2.0

I finally received a sample of this. I've been wanting to try the blue bottles in the Private Blends line.

This is a good one. Right away, it reminded me of Mugler Cologne, but sharper and soapier. Actually THIS cologne is what I expected of Mugler Cologne in terms of that sharpness.

Neroli Portofino, to me, also has a sunscreen feel to it. It really gives me that "I'm out in the sun" type of vibe. I really do enjoy it. Properly unisex, but I think it leans toward feminine, but just barely.

Very short-lived; I wore it side-by-side with Mugler cologne, and this one vanished first. I genuinely enjoy this fragrance from start to finish, but as stressed by many, it's not worth the price. Mugler performs better, for me anyways, and for WAY less money.

I'd give this 7/10.

tessa2809
tessa2809

Great, fresh neroli scent with a masculine undertone. During spring I usually wear Yves Rocher Neroli which is more soft and feminine, I experience Neroli Portofino like her older, classy (and much more expensive...) brother.

kyle2thumbs
kyle2thumbs

Neroli Portofino is like that beautiful woman you court that is way out of your league. Very expensive, short lived but worth every damn penny.

FarStar
FarStar

At first few minutes it smells floral, then changes to green, like the smell of orange (or lemon) leaf when you crack it between your fingers. It's a nice smell, slightly bitter, but I don't get anything else from it. Also the lasting power and projection are ridiculous and disappointing. I don't recommend it.

After the first 5 minute, it reminds me so much of Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne, except that the latter smells more natural, and a lot more fresh and green, with way better projection and longevity.

این عطر توی ۵ دقیقه اول بوی تند گلی داره، اما سریع این حالت رو از دست میده و تبدیل به یه بوی سبز و برگ مانند میشه، خیلی شبیه بوی شکستن برگ مرکبات بین انگشتان. بوی خوشایندیه و با وجود سادگی و تلخیش، شخصا می‌پسندمش. ولی موندگاری و پخش بوش انقدر ناچیزه که انگار شبنم دم صبحه! مخصوصا روی پوست که کلا بعد یه ربع چیزی ازش باقی نمی مونه.

بوی ثانویه اش خیلی شبیه بوی
Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne
شنل هست به نظرم. ولی شنل خیلی بوی طبیعی تر، سبزتر و تر و تازه تری داره. اگر بنا به انتخاب باشه ۱۰۰٪ می ارزه به نرولی پورتوفینو.

Siv55
Siv55

Considering the astronomical price tag, this is absolutely pathetic. I sprayed both the eau de parfum and the Aqua versions on either wrist in the shop and now I'm home, barely two hours later, I can hardly smell either. It begins sophisticated citrus, slightly spicy unisex and then simply fades away, getting a little sweeter as it goes. For the money, this is pointless. It's not even interesting enough to warrant the price tag. Bvlgari last longer and that's saying something. Really quite horrifically disappointing.

EnchantedandDecanted
EnchantedandDecanted

Perfect for summer and spring. Once it cools down to the shelf it goes. I wish they didn't reformulated. Being in the south, my family goes wears a lot of this stuff. We go and buy big giant bottles. It used to have a bigger neroli punch and last longer. It also used to be a yellowish color. Our last bottle came in with clear juice and not as strong. I thought they maybe sent the new Aqua. It still be good. You just gotta spray five or six times instead of what I'm used to which is one or two.

Shiffy
Shiffy

Citrus and neroli . very very similar to Secret d`Essences Neroli Yves Rocher. But YR is much cheaper than TOM FORD
Fragrance perfect for summer.

Bstefcorbin

The king of neroli perfumes! I mean it! In the summer I will never be without this unisex lovely. I'm certain it's unisex because my very picky husband thinks it's his. The opening practically sprays you with oil - as if you've just broken the skin of a citrus fruit. Bergamot? I've never seen one, but this has got to be it. It quickly smooths out to a light, fresh floral. To my nose mostly jasmine and true orange blossom. I have an orange tree, and there's no difference between this perfume and a real orange blossom. Silage? not to bad considering it's a citrus, but i spray over and over to get another hit of that opening. Highly recommend to all seeking something fresh and natural.

Englishman
Englishman

As I have stated in other reviews, my woman loves Tom Ford fragrances but I am rather indifferent to them -- Patchouli Absolu is the only one I love.

Neroli Portofino is her favourite. I'm in the camp that regards this as an uninspiring, overpriced, neroli soap scent. YMMV.

Also, this is a totally feminine scent; I don't get the unisex classification? You would need to be an extremely metrosexual man to wear this.

However, if you're British, and a fan, I just thought I'd tip you off that there is a company selling a clone under the catchy name 'Neroliz Portofeeno'. I just got a 30ml spray for £8 and was quite surprised to discover that it is, in fact, identical; except it has much greater longevity!

SlackMaster
SlackMaster

I am kicking myself right now. I bought a bottle when it first came out and really liked this. It was a huge white floral burst that almost tickled my allergies. You could smell it in the room an hour after spraying.

My initial bottle was running low so I bought another. This is like water. What used to be 2 sprays is now 6-8 sprays including my clothing. The overall smell is the same, but it just fades so fast and is never as intense as my first bottle. I should have listened to the posts and even reviews in this site that warned me.

I'm hoping it is just this bottle . I'm thinking about returning it and trying again for better luck. It really performs like an edt

kattleia
kattleia

I have a 5ml sample and got hooked on you, Tom Ford!
I already have perfumes with similar scent, but I'm still dying to get a full bottle of TFNP. My new ultimate love.

walking44
walking44

It does smell nice! Like out of the shower smell with an Italian soap. Its nothing remarkable though. Its got a hairspray note that ruins the whole thing for me.

champykilo

Yoo smell the drydown of TH Bold by Tommy Hilfiger and thank me later... smeel just like TF portofino to my nose And also Gendarme by Gendarme

Frankee
Frankee

To out myself right away: I'm a Tom Ford Private Blend Junkie:

since i've got this passion for these (mostly) heavenly juices from tom ford (i can't stand the guy though) neroli portofino regularly comes my way and every time i took a spritz on my wrist.

4711 - echt kölnisch wasser - that was all that came to my mind and i passed it every time.

last week i had the chance to buy a 100ml bottle for a 100 bucks. i bought it just to complete my collection with this very nice bottle.

yesterday, i was at my mother's house and she gave me a bottle of 4711 of my father, who passed away recently and i took it home to compare it to neroli portofino.

there is already all been said how this fragrance is smelling. in the opening, there is a slight similarity, but that's it. neroli portofino's ingredients are of a much better and refined quality. longevity and sillage aren't comparable at all.

today i sprayed my whole body with it (tv/sofa sunday) and i can't stop smelling my arm and wrists.

in the drydown this gets more and more accentuated and after 4 hours it's still very strong on my skin.

in hot summer weather, this will be a blast. the more i wear it, the more i like it. the ingredients are all sooooo good.

so glad to have it.

10/10 overall

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

Fresh, clean, simple and beautiful. Smells like good-quality orange flower soap. You'll spend the day smelling like you've just stepped out of a shower. Very good! At first, I thought this would be like most clean citrusy fragrances in the market, with very little sillage and poor staying power. I made the mistake of splashing myself lavishly before work with this, and nearly choked myself and those around me. This juice lingers forever on your skin and clothes, and has a ton of sillage, too! I noticed some reviewers complaining about the staying power of this fragrance, but my experience is the opposite to theirs.

tiger1962
tiger1962

This is one of my new favorites (except for the crazy price). It is a fresh, clean scent that makes me think of the European Riviera but that's probably because of the advertisements since I've never actually been there! It is a nice scent - not overpowering but doesn't have lasting power on me. It is not too strong and not offensive. Nothing bad to say except I think it is overpriced.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Disclaimer: This is a personal opinion about this fragance, and not a criticism against the people who like it or use it.

Do not let that the ridiculous price tag or the name of Tom Ford lure/dazzle you.

This has been compared with the ilustrious 4711 Eau de Cologne, but take my word: it has nothing to do with it. 4711, despite its poor lasting power and sillage is ten times worth this Neroli Portofino or whatsever.

It smelled absolutely amazing -a carnal, but fresh and very invigorating orange blossom- during five minutes, more or less, time enough to reach the cashes and leave the shop and then...

Just a very faint and common smelling cheap baby cologne, along with some skin musk, equally banal, very close to the skin and faint. Nenuco, Denenes, that kind of stuff. Nothing more. Honestly, nothing more.

If you like this stuff and you can afford it, come on, go on, but I am sure there are far better choices for such price.

If you really want to experience a truly orange blossom based fragance, I advise you to test Agua de Naranjos de Sevilla by Agua de Sevilla. It lasts much more than Neroli Portofino, has a much more interesting smell and costs only a fraction.

Marino419
Marino419

Too floral for me..

rnejad
rnejad

This is what malls smelt like in the 80s and 90s.

greenpepper
greenpepper

This stuff just smells so amazing. Just magic. Instantly brightens your mood. Put it on your wrist and you will sit and sniff it all day - people will think you have some little problems or something ... lol

It has no staying power though. Goes to a skin scent on me within an hour. It does actually manage to stay around as a skin scent for a few hours, and a lot of folks don't even get that - it vanishes on them. If you heat up (active, mild sweating etc.) it will come back a bit. A warm humid day might actually give this at least a bit of sillage. Haven't tried it - anyone ??

Overspraying works to a degree and improves things - (5 sprays in my case) but if you have to spay something more than that (and I won't) well things are getting silly, really. I don't reapply anything through the day either, for any fragrance - I'm not getting caught up in that.

You'll read the same thing over and over - amazing and does'nt last. You have to smell it though - if nothing else.

sfdla
sfdla

LOVE THIS.
So bright and fresh, it could change my mind about citrus frags forever. Except.
It vanishes. An amazingly crafted, lighthearted delight, gone in minutes.
I want to carry this around with me and spray everything in sight, including myself, all day.
Sadly it's a little pricey for that

BeOrtega
BeOrtega

neroli portofino is what started it all for me !

from the moment i first smelt this i was in love and i knew id never be able to go back to the designer world

my olfactive taste will forever lay in the realm of the private collections of todays top houses/niche scents

anyone who says this isnt worth the money either is a hater or just cant afford it or they just dont appreciate it for what it is

its like comparing it to bottled water why but it when you can drink tap its that simple of a comparison but clearly tap and bottled water just isnt the same !!!

it takes a refined palate to appreciate what a work of art this scent truly is so dont put down something because at first smell it maybe similar or the same to you as something else

neroli porotfino has its place among the top heavy hitter if you ask me

its smells clean crisp and wont disappoint its truly a scent you need not worry about being to in your face

its safe enough to wear in any occasion so give it a go and decide for yourself if this scent is for you

on to the next

kitro
kitro

I really wanted to like this, but it's not for me.

A big splash of citrus, but without any depth. It lasted a while, not as long as the price warrants. There was something artifical in it as it dried, not quite kitchen cleaner but getting there.

I don't get unisex at all, it was very much a mans fragrence on me.

Calvini
Calvini

The citrus weakens quickly, turning very aromatic (almost aquatic) and floral; this effect could be the lavender herbal musky blend; not entirely unique but definitely has some distinctions amongst neroli / orange blossom cologne.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Nice but not at this price. Leans toward the feminine side of unisex.

Guapo
Guapo

It does smell like Denim Original…

mrjohnburns
mrjohnburns

I was very disappointed with this TF fragrance. To me it was like a very weak summer cologne splash. A very plain and one dimensional fragrance IMO. I would honestly prefer a 200 ml bottle of Nenuco Cologne which costs €6.99

Longevity: Poor

Projection: Weak

TAP
TAP

☆☆☆☆☆ Simply angelic! ☆☆☆☆☆

This perfume is a breathtakingly beautiful and natural blend of fresh Mediterranean citruses, flowers and herbs - not only neroli and orange flower. Very expensive yes, but the quality is excellent.

I'm quite pleased with both sillage and longevity; on my skin this gem stays lovely, crisp and fresh for well past six hours :)

pt333
pt333

I dream of being a wealthy Baroness dressed in a beautiful Pucci silk caftan standing on the balcony of my hill top vacation home in Portofino sipping a bellini. Just a dream but this scent empowers the dream.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

There’s little left to say about this fragrance, that other fragrance snobs didn’t say already. Neroli Portofino is a mildly pleasant, incredibly overpriced citrus-neroli cologne with a musky-herbal undertone and a sort of “laundry” soap feel. Just place it anywhere in the Dantesque limbo between 4711 and Acqua di Parma citrus colognes. Just to be clear, it smells decent: exceedingly dull, even a bit cheap honestly, with no rich or “natural” nuances but a rather sanitized, militarly linear designer feel, also quite faint shortly after the initial burst of citrus-herbal notes. But it’s nice, fresh, safe, “GQ advertising dude” kind of classy. And there’s really nothing more to add. The only interesting thing to add would be a group brainstorming on the reasons why should someone decide to spend that money for this instead of a dozen of drugstore neroli-soapy fragrances doing the exact same job as this with the same exact quality and outcome ( “quick money laundering” would be my best guess).

M0RPHEUS
M0RPHEUS

this is the Fragance-Child of Holy Water & Mugler CoLogne..

libou
libou

nothing special.a strong orange blossom scent that's all.remember me orange blossom water used in cooking.i don't understand the expensive price !!!

Hedonista
Hedonista

I agree with Konga5000's review. If you want a very good orange blossom go with Jo Malone. Tom's version has too much spice and other distractions going on within it. Jo Malone is pure sweet heaven. If you aren't info soliflores this one might work for you if you want to plunk down a big chunk of change. Longevity isn't good on me either (only about 1/2 hour).
It isn't a unique scent. It won't stun a room full of people either unless you bathe in it. It would be a good vacation scent, but I wouldn't recommend it for work unless you work in a breezy outdoor environment.
It's OK but nothing special. Not worth the money, and there is much better out there.

hannyd168
hannyd168

NOT too crazy about this... just like 4711, chloe neroli the same OVERPRICED for the smell just like this!

axlebart
axlebart

Excellent frag.

Yes it smells like 4711, but that would be like comparing an abacus with an iPhone.

It's a perfect blend, combining modern and fresh with sophisticated and mysterious. It's simple yet complex, like a short novel that changes your view of the world. It portrays a laddish cool with manly sophistication, and is a fragrance that I imagine a stylish Italian footballer such as Andrea Pirlo or Gianluigi Buffon probably smell like.

AdP Essenza is a cheaper alternative but isn't quite as aesthetic, a bit like buying an Android, but when it comes to patchouli type scents, this sets the high water mark.

Unfortunately just like an iPhone, the price is ridiculous.

champykilo

Reminds me of baby cologne that my parents used for my lil bro 14 yrs ago... reminds me also of my childhood. Hummm divine smell.

dustadel
dustadel

only one question, why WHY do they reformulated it??

I lost an old friend

Rio Cappuccino
Rio Cappuccino

Awesome fragrance hands down

pgs
pgs

I love it. And thought of buying this gem many times. But the price is unreasonable. Then I tried Ferrari Bright Neroli. To my nose it is almost the same. So please don't spend so much money for something you can get for less than half the price. Sorry Tom, I'm not very fond of wasting my money.

lilalina
lilalina

Amazing scent, Unisex and very classic. Similar to less expensive cologne type perfumes, but the bottle is just breathtakingly beautiful it would for me justify buying.

jawsman2
jawsman2

I was very excited to smell this the other day when I was in Sephora. The bottle's color is a great blue that intrigues me and makes me want to display it with my other colognes. However, I was disappointed. This smells so powdery, actually just like my shaving cream. (D.R harris Arlington) This smells good, but I don't want to spend over 200 bucks on it or smell like it all day.. It's really not a manly smell to me. I don't even know what you would use it for.

Vondevelde
Vondevelde

Clean fragrance on me. If price is not a problem, consider to try this one out. It's not the most original fragrance of Tom Ford but yes... not bad... not bad at all!

6,5/10 (with the price in mind)

chezzig01
chezzig01

I absolutely Love this Fragrance!!! its long lasting on Me and evokes feelings no other perfumes evoke in me.. I feel completely relaxed when I smell this..!! Its unlike any other fragrances I own yet its so, so special!! Try it if you get a chance.

psychdoc
psychdoc

Great unisex scent, perfect for a man or woman. Smells realistic and juicy (like most of Tom Fords frangrance), not synthetic at all.

mayberry
mayberry

Hmm. I've smelled many like this. Its a powdery neroli and orange blossom smell. Personally, I think its too sweet and dainty for a man to wear. It smelled nice. I just didn't find it interesting enough to warrant purchase. Very unoriginal, citrus floral..

michakind
michakind

Smells like rich. Not knowing how Neroli smells, I had no idea what to expect from this, other than that it would be a summer fragrance. Holy shit this stuff smells good; if the reviewers that compared this to 4711 and the original Eau de Cologne are correct, then I need to try that stuff because this smells wonderful. I've been to the northern and southern coasts of Italy a few times and while I never smelled anything there that smelled like this, I feel like this scent evokes images of the blue Mediterrenean seas splashing against rocky coasts and captures the feeling of being there. Really good stuff.

landshark321
landshark321

Glad to finally try this one out, and as one of more hyped Tom Ford Private Blend EDPs (like Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather), the expectations were reasonably high, and most were met: namely, that Neroli Portofino is a neroli-intensive cologne-like fragrance that is stronger than its counterpart, and this is generally true. As another reviewernotes, NP draws from the original "eau de cologne" concept and in that vein, NP can be likened to 4711 itself, with another relevant comparison being Thierry Mugler's "Mugler Cologne" (also hyped plenty in its own right). As expected, NP exceeds both of these EDC options with its EDP concentration, so much of NP's value comes from its concentration. But I would also that its particular take on the concept begun by 4711 is a pleasant combination of notes (surely more inviting than Acqua di Parma's original Colonia, for one). Neroli is central and dominant, but NP isn't so overwhelmingly soapy that it doesn't have citrus or more traditional floral elements as well. Lavender provides freshness, and a blend of citrus notes gives balance.

Neroli Portofino is definitely worth a try, but while among the better TF Private Blend options I've tried, it's a little difficult to justify spending more when there are close substitutes. One would really have to love the original eau de cologne / neroli smell, and Neroli Portofino in particular, in order to opt for this. Very good on the whole, though!

8 out of 10

Ahebbdch
Ahebbdch

TF paying respect to 4711, should you?

Takeshi
Takeshi

I got a decant. I can't afford private blends. Thanks for the experience, and I'm moving on. (Can someone DIY this? For that price, I'm thinking about it.)

nero77
nero77

Pure Luxury...

Neroli Portofino is Tom Ford's take on the classic Eau de Cologne type of fragrance. That is, orange flower blossom, citrus, herbs and amber. This is a very simple recipe, and it's one which is available in many forms. This fragrance is just Tom Ford's take on it.

It opens up extremely fresh and soap-like. It's one thing I love about this fragrance. It smells very refined and natural. I can't fault it on smell, and if the intention was to smell luxurious then this succeeds at it.

However, even though this is an Eau de Parfum concentration, I still find it lacking in projection and longevity. There are issues here which become apparent the longer the fragrance wears in skin. This would not be such a problem (after all, an Eau de Cologne by nature is fleeting, as it has no base to hold it for an extended period of time), but for the price, this is bad. Because for the price you would pay for this, you would expect it to last at least most of your day. I only get a maximum of 4 hours with this, and that isn't something I would pay full retail price for.

So to conclude, I can't fault the fact that it smells like pure luxury, however it is not an experience which lasts for the time I would want. But then, that's all what Eau de Colognes are about, a luxurious, satisfying experience which is only meant to refresh the wearer briefly (and they are usually an expensive luxury to begin with). For me, I can think of other alternatives. But if money is no object to you, I will admit the quality is superior to other brands, so if you can afford it, you will smell elegant and refined, just not for very long. Which is the whole idea anyway. I just expected more from a Private Blend (and at this price).

Lmuradian
Lmuradian

I dont want to write a mundain review on this all i know i wore this to the beach.Malibu beach to be exact and on a hot day i passed by three girls laying out on the sand. and one of them said honey u smell gorgina.So their u go scent aficionados.i love this scent. get the 100ML and overspray or get ADP Essenza very similar i own both.

hdmc_2000
hdmc_2000

The initial scent from the bottle is horrible to me, very peppery citrus, but once its been on your skin for a few minutes, it becomes a beautiful soft floral. :)

m.saberi84
m.saberi84

به تند بودن اولش توجه نکنید بویی که دیگران استشمام میکنند مثل اینکه توی باغ براز گل هستید خیلی طبیعی و لوکس و گیرا

SoheePark
SoheePark

I LO-LO-LOOOVE IT!! Became my new signature perfume in a couple of minutes. (Sorry, Acqua di Gioia)
And to think this was a blind buy! Tom Ford private blends cant be found in Romania so I asked my dad to buy me this one from the US. Oh how glad I am I made this risky decision.
P.S I think I'm gonna cry when the bottle will be used up

charles_carmichael
charles_carmichael

Another lackluster effort from Tom Ford. Actually, there's nothing offensive about Neroli Portofino - other than the fact that it costs a king's ransom for about 2 hours of wear. I find most of TF's fragrances to be overpriced, but this one is particularly awful from a value perspective. I just find it hard to believe that many are willing to pay $200+ for a cologne-style fragrance when there are great alternatives available for a fraction of the price.

The description of this fragrance essentially provides all the information you need - this is a perfectly lovely neroli/orange flower cologne that smells great in the warm weather. But again, how to reconcile the crazy asking price? Perhaps the provocative ad campaign has been effective? (even Don Draper would blush). You'd need to splash the stuff on like those models in order to get decent performance.

Those looking for a high end cologne-style fragrance would be better served by checking out something like the Atelier line - their 200 ml bottles are less expensive than 50 ml of Neroli Portofino and are every bit as nice. Or better yet, grab a classic like Eau Sauvage, Diorella, or Acqua Di Parma.

Yoga14
Yoga14

And on my skin this smells like a cheap citric soap like lyril, cinthol lime and the likes. "Private blend" rubbish. 21k INR crazy. I felt cheated and the money went in drain. Never gonna trust these reviews and never gonna blind-buy. This is a lesson for me.
The one important thing i noted is that liking towards scents is regional. Ppl living in the west like stuff which we easterns hate. For eg incense is something which we smell daily. we burn them in our temples, houses & offices. Majority of us do not like to wear incense unlike the west. The arab's like oudh in their oils while most of the westeners dislike. So id like to warn n tell all the ppl coming on fragrantica to know what you putting your hands on rather id say "NOSE ON"
Happy sniffing
Love N Light!

FlossmoorRay
FlossmoorRay

On my skin, this is 95% the same as Mugler cologne in the opening til the mid. The only difference is that NP has more floral and Mugler is more soapy. The dry down is slightly different with NP having an amber base...very lovely but I won't purchase this one again due to the price difference. If you don't have Mugler cologne then by all mean, get this one if you are frag snob. I guess we all are here now that I think about it. :) On a serious note, great fragrance but not worth the price tag being that there are cheaper alternatives, one being Mugler Cologne which has better longevity by a few hours.

RIV
RIV

To me its not that similar to 4711 - especially in the summer the white flower comes out big time and is awesome. Only negative is that it should hold a sillage a little better.

orestes
orestes

Why spending so much money for 4711 similar scent?...

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

Invigorating. Uplifting. Transcending.

Like all of Tom Ford's Private Blends, Neroli Portifino's quality is that of beautifully balanced natural oils.

Effervescent citrus accords effortlessly permeate the luxuriously creamy amber-dipped white florals to create a delectable aura of purity and warmth.

My favourite part of this incredible fragrance is the dry-down, where I feel as though I am walking on a bed of orange leaves, crushing them beneath my feet, releasing their sweetly green aroma with each step.

Citrus based scents are notorious for their lack of longevity, so as to avoid this I spray them in my hair and clothes. Both hold fragrance for longer than skin.

As for the price...if wearing this brings you a little happiness on a daily basis, I'd say it's money well spent.

Bstefcorbin

Must add: the bottle and packaging are part of the experience. Sexy, Glamorous, Chic. Like Iman.

Bstefcorbin

No means no? I gave in. Said I wouldn't, but was was overwhelmed by the force surrounding this delicate, lovely perfume. It is very natural smelling, exactly like a real citrus blossom, with a tiny bit of sparkling sweet fruit. the opening is pure neroli, followed by 5 minutes of heaven. After that its very close to the skin and lost unless you keep your nose in the crook of your arm. the way I'm reapplying it will be gone in week.

This is pure and clean white floral. Very sharp and crisp in my opinion. I don't consider it that sexy as the advertising is showing us. I think it could be formal and serious everyday scent.
Sharp and strong, not that interesting and pleasant in my opinion. It smells like something older women would wear. And I mean women in the 70s.

Perfumejunkie7
Perfumejunkie7

Neroli, pure neroli with a bit of citrus hovering around. Not synthetic at all, you could easily close your eyes, smell your wrist and imagine you're taking a branch of orange tree in full bloom to your nose, the leaves, the flowers and the stem all together.
I grew up in a place where a lot of citrus trees grow, in the gardens, in the streets, in the parks and just everywhere. This scent captures the smell that hovered around in the spring so well, so natural and so nostalgic for me.

If you like neroli, there's no way you could be disappointed.

mystica
mystica

190 Eur for 50 ml when there are a lot of scents similar to this? Haha, no way.

Sure it's a well done, nice perfume but nothing unique!

I'd rather get Prada Fleur d'Oranger.

williamvargas
williamvargas

it is a great fragrance, no doubt about that..smells incredibly fresh and alive. I do have some trouble with the price of this. Most times for me to splurge on a fragrance in this price level it has to be unique or I cannot find something that will fill this type of need. I have some 4711 and while that smells similar, not exactly.I would look to maybe Mugler cologne as the best alternative, or if I were going to spend that type of coin on a fragrance like this I would opt for Creed's original Vetiver which I feel is less like a vetiver and more along these lines.I also have Atelier's Gran Neroli which is fantastic imo.. I think Tom Ford presumes too much with this offering and what they charge. Great fragrance but as others have mentioned there are far too many alternatives at much less cost to us the consumer to consider. Value or bang for the buck applies here. As always you have to make your own decision. Go with your gut. Thumbs up as a fragrance but I would give it a Thumbs down on value.

jhowell
jhowell

Smells just like 4711 and 4711 is way cheaper and been around a lot longer hate when houses copy others if your going to at least make it better very disappointed in tom ford on this one

brandonmont
brandonmont

Beautiful smell. Really quality juice. Awesome presentation.

Now to the issue, the projection and longevity are HORRIBLE. It was a skin scent after 20 minutes! And for the price, that's just unacceptable. The smell is wonderful but the lack of longevity makes this one a pass for me.

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

Smells like the name; Orange blossoms on the ocean, or Neroli Portofino in chic lingo.

I lived in south Italy for 2 years, and this is all you smell around Sorrento/Amalfi Coast, it's a pretty awesome smell, the images above nicely portray the feeling as well.

The problem is longevity and projection, it's a bit weak and close to skin for the price tag. I will look else where for Neroli based frag. like Acqua di Parma Essenza. If you want an Italian smell, stick with an Italian brand.

arsenal01

remember the quote "a chrysler 300 looks like a bently...until a bently shows up:

mhaddad88
mhaddad88

I have no idea what a neroli is, but I needed some spring/summer fragrances so I blind bought this one. As soon as I sprayed it, the smell was instantly familiar to me. I couldn't figure it out. I was scratching my head all night trying to figure out what this smell was. Then I finally figured it out. When I was young, my grandma would make her lemonade and she would always toss a splash of orange blossom water in it. This fragrance smells 100% (or very close to 100%) like that lemonade from my youth, and I love it.

kateapple
kateapple

First off, I can't see how this scent is worth its price tag. It's average at best, with unremarkable lasting power and sillage, and on top of that, the scent isn't that fantastic. On me it smells like some sort of expensive cleaning product. Nice and well-blended, but inescapably like something a wealthy person would use to clean their countertops. This isn't worth the hype or the price for me. I found it to be quite disappointing.

Alive
Alive

Forget about the people saying that it smells like Mugler's cologne. Yes you get a hint of it, but just a little. Neroli portofino is completely on the other side. I'ts like comparing a VW Golf to an Audi A7 (no hate on Mugler)

IMO this is one of the very few "fresh" niche fragrances that I would buy. And it is a fresh sexy-luxury scent that lasts literally the whole day, not the typical one that fades in an hour. I smell NP and the words that come to my mind are Monaco, Cannes, yacht, Rolex, Maybach...You will turn heads wearing it, for sure :)

Little Prince
Little Prince

I made a mistake and bought this. This is actually a cologne that is ... expensive. That's about it , it gets feedback if that means something to you. I personally prefer Mugler Cologne or Eau de Guerlain. Trying desperately to get rid of it.

Beffie1963
Beffie1963

A sparkling squirt of citrus, sprinkled lightly with powdered sugar and vanilla, but just enough to take the edge off the Orange. Delicious in every way. The only down side for me is longevity. It disappears on my skin after about an hour.

suzrwin
suzrwin

I love scents with sour citruses-lime, lemon, grapefruit. But I've decided that orange blossom is just a great big yuck on me---far too sweet, often too soapy. My most recent trials in the neroli lineup included By Kilian's Prelude to Love (European luxery soap), L'artisan's Seville a L'aube (acceptable) and Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino. The Tom Ford is one big Neroli blast with a lot of sweet thrown in. I'd love this scent if I was lying on the beach in the Mediterranean and it was wafting over me from huge nearby orange groves, the bees gently buzzing on their honey-sweet blossoms. However, it is not a scent I find complex or inviting on me. When I'm at home slogging around on a gray NW day, it just makes me feel I've poured out the Orange-Glo in my bucket, and I'm getting ready to mop.

I'll leave it to all you Neroli lovers. More for you!

Eos13
Eos13

I strongly agree with NeoXerxes.
Neroli Portofino is gorgeous fragrance, very similar to 4711 but not the same. My husband and I tested them both side by side and to our nose the only similarity was the neroli. I was really hoping for 4711 to be a closer match since the price of Neroli Portofino is a bit high.

arsenal009
arsenal009

Where is Neroli in the note breakdown?

S.Banks
S.Banks

I give neroli portifino an A for Average at best. Too expensive, and not good enough to be blown away. Any other house, for a lesser price, and I'd have been okay. However, being a Tom Ford fragrace, and the price per bottle, and I become more stringent with expectations.

anettelove

Neroli, neroli, neroli. That's mostly what you get, and not in the grandest form, but the historical significance of this fragrance(strong version of 4711 edc) is worthy of note, and is a must-own for serious fragrance collectors, for that reason alone.This is a bright, fresh lemony cologne which can be sprayed throughout the day. It is incredibly refreshing and inoffensive.

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

First of all it's not a bad fragrance, but it smells like eau de cologne. Probably the best eau de cologne in the market together with aqua di parma but it still smells like eau de cologne. Most people here call EDC 'Granny' perfume.So do you want to smell like Granny 2.0? Does the name Tom Ford justify the price tag? Absolutely not. 190 euro for 50 ml is ridiculous. You can only wear it in the summer because it fades quickly away.

I have samples and tried it a few times and i came to the conclusion Eau de Cologne,Overpriced and weak performance.

valentinocerca.amore
valentinocerca.amore

comprato da tre giorni, uguale alla colonia 4711 solo un pò più forte.mi sono pentito amaramente di avere speso un sacco di soldi,provatelo prima di comprarlo vi accorgerete che questa colonia copiata da 4711 non vale più di 45 eu per 100 ml ,se posso dare un consiglio per gli amanti di neroli provate Jean Paul Gaultier Fleur du Male è solo un pò più amaro ma quattro volte più potente di neroli portofino e si trova in rete sotto i 40 eu 125 ml

mdunford
mdunford

I tried this at Sephora. Six hours later, I was still naked, still having a giggly lime-and-flower fight with my girlfriend all over a marble bathroom by the seaside.

I would have bought the 100ml on the spot if it wasn't $300. Instead, I have made do by covering my entire body in 4711 for the last few days. It doesn't even come close, but for thirty fleeting seconds, I can go back to a dream of citrus and clean marble.

Layton S
Layton S

This is a nice smelling floral perfume. I'd wear it but for the price I'd rather buy Gendarme which is way less money and smells just like this.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

Tried a spritz of this at Sephora. It opened with a lovely, juicy citrus note - very nice. After that though it smelled distressingly similar to desitin diaper creme.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

WOW !! Ultra pure neroli.

Despite the fact its quality is top notch, i can't accept the price for this kind of soliflore.
It's wonderful but remains me a medication my mother gave me (balsamo-rhinol), so it has a child-touch for me.
This neroli is tenderness and beauty, simply.

But way too expensive, sorry.

NeoXerxes
NeoXerxes

Despite having just purchased a 100ml of this stunning fragrance, I understand the comparisons with 4711.

Both fragrances are based around neroli and the traditional eau de cologne structure. Both are refreshing, beautiful scents that smell clean and energetic. But at the end of the day, only one is left standing. 4711 is fleeting, smells comparatively cheap, and performs poorly in all categories. In contrast, hot weather turns Neroli Portofino into an absolute beast of a fragrance.

Neroli Portofino is not an original composition, precisely because it is structured according to a very traditional formula. That said, it is the best in its class, perfectly balanced, with very high quality ingredients. Beyond its tendency to gather an extraordinary number of compliments, Neroli Portofino is very versatile. It pairs well with jeans and a t-shirt, and will also match more elegant attire.

Additionally, Neroli Portofino has an almost magical quality that comes out in the heat. Just like a few Acqua di Parma fragrances that I have reviewed previously, Neroli Portofino shines when the weather gets hot, increasing in projection, sillage, and duration. Oddly, when one begins to sweat many hours after application, the fragrance seems to reactivate itself on your skin, projecting strongly all over again. To put it simply, for those living in hot climates, Neroli Portofino is a perfect fragrance. In the heat, it smells watery (not aquatic), crisp, and clean - never overpowering, never offensive. As a bonus, it plays well with one's perspiration.

Sometimes a person just wants to smell clean, fresh, and energized. In this area Neroli Portofino delivers masterfully. Pair with a shirt, comfortably unbuttoned at the collar, and your nicest and most genuine smile.

Smell: 10/10
Longevity: 8-12 hours
Projection: 2-4 hours
Sillage: Moderate
Compliment Factor: High

If Neroli Portofino were a song, it would be "Knee Deep" by the Zac Brown Band.

John Mason
John Mason

For the same amount of money, buy litres of 4711 and bath in it.

oktober
oktober

It smells EXACTLY like 4711, only it's stronger. Always wished for a 4711 with real lasting power, here we have it. Expensive as hell in comparison though...

Lom
Lom

Neroli Portofino smells like a strong fresh floor cleaner - a really expensive one. It also smells exactly like 4711, only lasted way longer and has a bigger silage

Jtay
Jtay

Addicted to this fragrance, even though I don't entirely like it, if that makes any sense. There must be some sort of pheromones that keep me coming back for more. To me it is a darker, deeper, more pungent Acqua di Gio. Perfect lush, marine, summertime scent for women, if you can handle it. I can't quite imagine a man wearing it, not that it's particularly feminine or dainty. It's not the silage but quality of the scent itself that is intense. It smells sexy and expensive, I'll give it that. Beautiful and I'd recommend it... But don't buy it blind. (Don't ever "buy blind" for that matter).

GabriCookies

About a year ago I was given a small bottle of this scent, and fell in love with it. For the first few seconds it smells just like citrus, but then it becomes a well balanced and definitely fresh, clean, and slightly aromatic floral scent.
Of course when it was time to repurchase I was put off by the price-tag. Many people here sound like they can afford anything, but I can't spend 120€ for a 30ml bottle of perfume just like that!
I decided to look for cheaper alternatives then.
4711 does not smell like NP at all. I don't see how everyone here claims they smell the same. 4711 is just a basic citrusy body mist. It's worth a try for the super low price, but that's all.
I've also tried L'Erbolario Neroli and Yves Rocher Neroli, which are both very good scents but they're just not Neroli Portofino.

I have come to the realization that, unfortunately, like for most of fragrances, there is not a real Neroli Portofino alternative: the original smells just too good, it has a depth and countless facets that other Neroli fragrances just wish they had.
Should you buy this fragrance then? No, not at all.
The longevity is outrageously weak for an EDP: I would barely consider this an EDT. I know that most citrus and neroli scents have poor longevity - it's a common feature of this type of essences - but you would expect them to disappear after some time leaving room for something more long-lasting, like the amber. But this does not happen. You are left with absolutely nothing after an hour from application.
If this scent had a longer longevity -as in usual Tom Ford longevity- I would probably pay a bottle full price, I really would, because this fragrance is anything but basic. But it is just too weak to justify the price tag.

If Mr. Ford comes out with a super strong version of this that lasts at least 6-8 hours -like Black Orchid, which I own and has an absolutely outstanding longevity- I will consider repurchasing. Meanwhile, I keep a couple millimeters of fluid in the bottle, so when I want to be brought back to that crisp and clean dream that Neroli Portofino is, I just need to lift the cap and give it a sniff now and then :-)

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

Here’s a happy little citrus scent. I get oranges, lemon, some flowery goodness and a touch of spice. It smells clean, fresh and as optimistic as a walk in the park. It’s one of those scents that makes me smile, skip along the street and smile and wave at all of the cynical, paranoid, miserable and suspicious faces that I meet. Cheer up world. Buy some Neroli Portofino.

DMA
DMA

Yes, IMHO there is a distinct similarity between this and Aqua Di Parmas Colonia Essenza, as im sure many other fragrances in this style.

Personally speaking, I feel this type of scent is better suited for the female species, but that is just my personal preference only.

The bottle is beautiful, the advertising is sleek and sexy, but as i wouldnt personally wear this style of fragrance and im not so into it for myself, I couldnt see any reason why i would choose this over a just as good quality smelling fragrance such as the ADP unless performance was an issue.

My opinion on this one is ensure you try out some other typical summery/soapy/bright/citrus/neroli colognes first before you make the investment, it may stand you in good stead and save you some money.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

I just checked back to this page having bought two bottles for my in-laws.... I can't disagree MORE with edge42.... I do respect your opinion totally, but I ask that you please reserve that verdict until you have PERSONALLY tried Roja Dove's Neroli Extrait and Annick Goutal's Neroli...... This is STILL REALLY REALLY good stuff tho....

edge42
edge42

Katie Puckrik described Neroli Portofino as Tom Ford's classiest scent. Etheras described it as the king of neroli perfumes. I couldn't agree more.

This one was a recent discovery for me, and it almost immediately became my signature scent... this literally makes my eyes roll into the back of my head it smells so good which happens very rarely. And isn't that what this hobby is all about?! Neroli Portofino is so fresh, sexy, masculine, classic, timeless and luxurious without taking itself too seriously - all traits I want to exude with my signature scent. Katie Puckrik nailed it with her description, classy it is. But it's also unpretentious; the smell is expensive and luxurious, without ever trying too hard.

Of course, ingredients are of the highest quality and that combined with superior performance is what puts Neroli Portofino head and shoulders above the other comparable "eau de cologne" type fragrances this is often compared to. After sampling pretty much everything comparable to this trying to find a cheaper alternative, I quickly discovered there really isn't anything comparable. If you love Neroli Portofini, nothing else will take it's place based on overall scent, quality, packaging (that bottle!) and performance. This is the Maserati, everything else is a Honda at best in comparison. Both get you from A to B in a similar way, but one does it with style, quality, beauty and passion the others can't match.

However, the closest rival has to be Acqua di Parma Essenza - not because they smell really similar (they don't) but because it has a similar vibe - luxurious citrus, floral, soapy and classy. ADP Essenza is like a different model of Maserati, so if you like Neroli Portofino that one is probably a surefire fragrance for you as well. Yves Rocher's Neroli is very good also, but uber-feminine and an excellent high-quality alternative for the female NP fans out there.

Huge thumbs up for Neroli Portofino!

dsty
dsty

I thought I didn't like neroli; on me it has a tendency to become overpowering and synthetic, it always reminds me of nylon stockings. So I didn't have very high hopes for this one, but decided to try it anyway, because of the great reviews and the commercial that speaks so much to the imagination. And to my happy surprise, it turns out I like Neroli Portofino very much. I don't know if it's because it's higher quality than most other neroli fragrances I've tried so far (it should be, for this price), or because of the balanced combination with the other citrus notes, but there's none of that nylon vibe here. It smells very clean in an interesting way; a not very fresh, rather creamy (but not milky) and natural kind of citrus floral. Neroli is still not my favourite note, but I definitely want more of this. Or I would if it weren't so expensive; maybe I'll get a little decant next summer to start with.

WildDove

I have other neroli and citrus fragrances and like them all, but TF Neroli Portofino is in a class by itself. The quality is solidly there. Longevity is there. Class all the way. 2016: I hear Neroli Portofino has been reformulated to be much lighter and fleeting.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I love some of Tom Ford fragrances, and I mean love! This one I didn't care for. Well that was until it was 300 degrees out with soupy humidity. Wow, did it ever do the job of covering up all that sweat and heat that comes off your head in such temperatures. I don't know, to me it is a citrus I detect. So fresh. I am just going to get the body spray for 60 bucks. I know I won't wear it much, just on those super hot and humid days. I have Lys Fume, Jonquille and Jasmine Rouge and love them. I could never get Black Orchid to work for me. Also have Velvet Orchid on order, and from the notes, it sounds like a winner. I really am a Guerlain lover, but can appreciate any fragrance that works on me. I can get this pretty cheap at the outlet! Hence the collection of the others. Give it a try, Tom Ford is a force to be reckoned with! Since I'm menopausal, I can only get about 5 hours out of most fragrances. Stocking up on TF before someone decides to reformulate, gasp!

bukanlahanakajaib
bukanlahanakajaib

Finally grab a small bottle for myself, so expensive! Yet so good...

Although it reminds me of 4711 but it doesn't punch me in the nose like 4711. This one is more gentle but the longevity is quite decent, good summer perfume :)

Perhaps the most expensive purchase for me to date, not bad for someone at my age and the best part is this is a good luxury fragrance that doesn't smell like my mother :p

kelly76
kelly76

Too too too expensive! Tom Ford, why?
I can not find a reason to pay 190€ for 50 ml of this fragrance, when you can find great neroli perfumes for 1/10 of the price.
A good product, but it's just classic cologne with a modern twist: the opening is almost the smell of freshly laundered clothes (for a moment reminds me Clean).
Then the soft orange blossom and fresh bergamot that remind me "4711 Cologne" I wore when I was a child.
For half the price, maybe I would have bought...

sofia362
sofia362

I think the main note here is Tarragon. Does anyone else detects it? And to confirm this for myself I went into my garden and smelled a leaf of a Tarragon. The smells are 99.9% identical. I don't know why people say it is citrusy. In my opinion it is not. Citrus smells different. This fragrance is more masculine (boy-like not men-like) then feminine, it is more on a colder side. It reminded me of my first boy-friend's cologne. This is not a new fragrance, it is just forgotten old and just slightly modernized.

LMurad
LMurad

the scent is beautiful very different. the neroli is present with the citrus. it reminded me of the summers i spent in Greece. excellent scent.

Claire35
Claire35

I totally love this perfume! it defenitly smells like summer! Unfortunatly its longevity on my skin doesn't worth the price. At all. Anyway it's a great scent.

@Ricardo the Great

"While I like Portofino, it's a copy of Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza at a considerably higher price" - Really? Seriously? I have them both, and let me tell you: They are not alike. At all. The Colonia Essenza is a warm, deep and a tad dramatic citrus with woodsy notes, whilst the Neroli Portofino is a breezy, super-easy-going citrus, very fresh and soapy.

johnsmunro
johnsmunro

A classic Eau de Cologne in the likeness of Original Vetiver and 4711. Perfect for any occasion and any time of day. It gives you that right out of the shower feeling. However unlike many eau de colognes, this one lasts. It doesn't fleet within a couple hours. It'll last you a full work day for sure. Perfect with shorts or a shirt and tie. A real pleaser. Price tag is steep but worth it. If you'd like a cheaper alternative that is almost as good, go with Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intense Essenza. Hope this helps. Happy Hunting!

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Perhaps THE most overrated summer fragrance ever. Is it nice? Yes! Is it worth the hefty price tag? Hell no!
Here is the thing. You can achieve the very same results (depending on budget) with the following alternatives:

*Budget (cheap) option: 4711 "Echt Koelnisch Wasser"
*Mid Market: Guerlain "Eau de Guerlain"
*Fashion: JPG "FLEUR DU MALE"
*Upper Mid Market: ACQUA DI PARMA "Blu Mediterraneo Bergamotto di Calabria"
*High End: AMOUAGE "LIBRARY COLLECTION VIII"
*Niche: Roja Dove "NEROLI"

All of the above do their job better than this in their respective price categories.

I love Tom Ford's creations and own a few myself, but this one is just not worth it. Sorry Tommy Boy!

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

Aresenal, I couldn't say it better myself. Kudos to you for having the presence of mine to say what you did!

arsenal01

most of the snobs posting reviews need to stop...No one gives a sht about how you dont like the advertising or any of that sht...review the fragrance for what it is. A lot of noobs depend on this site to get started with this hobby

arsenal01

smells amazing...amazing performance on me, 10+hrs longevity and projected for 8 of those hours (all from a 10ml decant)

Looking into a FB now :)

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

Allow me to address the elephant in the room: the advertising campaign! How sexy! A pair of youthful, olive-skinned, carefree and soapy individuals in peak physique ‘swimming’ in the citrusy juice that is ‘Neroli Portofino’ encapsulated in magical teal flacons behind the most summery of blue backgrounds . What a perfect ad campaign! However I must ask two pressing things:

Where the heck was my invite?!

&

Why are they wasting almost thousands of dollars of this precious liquid?!

Neroli Portofino is a retake on the eau-so-classic cologne given the eau de parfum treatment. It’s everything you expect from a summer fragrance. An amazing and bombastic citrus blast in the beginning. Oranges, bergamot, mandarin and all that jazz. Neroli Portofino is a little different from every other cologne with neroli and orange flower in the mix. It’s zingy and concurrently green and blue. Green with the citruses and the flowers and blue because it evokes the riviera theme. As a result it is best to describe this fragrance as vibrant, sparkling and transportive.

Neroli Portofino also boasts amber undertones and base notes to give it an element of surprising nicheness and I feel it helps this fragrance last longer than expected. The amber makes the fragrance tangy and nasally revitalizing. This comes out more in the dry down and you get some amazingly high quality amber coming through unadulterated, and the citrus continues to exist in the composition. Overall this fragrance is still majorly linear; it doesn't change very much throughout the lifetime of wear, other than amber rising and citrus declining.

As the advertising campaign suggests, this fragrance is incredibly clean smelling, ‘a citrus soap smell’ or so to speak. It’s akin to the surprise you get when peeling an orange and the oil from the skin sprays all over you; delightfully fragrant. Just like the sea, I get waves of sweet and salty when I wear this. It is a little bitter (saltiness… citrus pith?) and all the sweetness of the citrus oils and delicate floral undertones.

Considering the EdP nature of this fragrance, Neroli Portofino has some substantial lasting power for what you get. It’s no Oud Wood or Tobacco Vanille in terms of longevity, but nevertheless still very impressive. Even so, sillage was also impressive.

The advertisement makes this fragrance for me, I mean, the notes are pretty straightforward- an Italian citrus bomb with warm amber. I don’t feel like these kitsch models (no matter how sexy) when I wear it, but like them, I feel clean and effervescent. I will say, however, that I think men are better off wearing this than women. There’s something playful, delightful and tangy that is masculine…almost boy-ish in character. Probably like the cheeky grin of that male model- he’ll be having fun very soon, don’t you worry.

A refined citrus for hot days and a pick me up is required. Wear generously, it is heavily unoffensive.
Summer in a teal bottle. Delightfully aromatic and effervescent in character. But nothing that blew my socks off…much. 3.75/5

tututku
tututku

This fragrance doesn't worth buying because there are many cheaper alternatives. ''Rebul Lime'' smells exactly like neroli portofino (I own both). They even share the same notes; sicilian lime,neroli,bergamot,amber. You can find ''Rebul Lime'' for around 9 dollars in Turkey. To me they both start with a strong neroli,citrusy smell and dry down to white floral, amber kinda soapy. They are both great but neroli portofino is just to expensive and rebul just smells the same.

balkantraveler
balkantraveler

This smells fresh and clean, like I just got out of the shower. What's impressive is the consistency: it smells the same as when I spray it on as it does after it has dried on my skin for a few hours. It is not especially complicated, but it is not too weird, either, giving you unexpected, inconsistent fragrances.

I could imagine wearing this in the morning on a hot summer day. I don't know that I would go out at night with it, though.

HUEbris
HUEbris

If you buy 4711 original with one Tom ford's NP's price, you can do like that AD with 4711, not NP. How ironic.

JPS1979
JPS1979

As with all by the amazing TF, it deserves its honor, however; this fragrance is so light and does not last long. I love a traditional eau de cologne smell in the summertime. It's so refreshing. For the price, I'd rather buy a bottle of good ole 4711 Echt Kölnisch Wasser ;o) -- Oh, how I miss you, city of Köln. Bond No. 9 makes a better eau de cologne if you want something more high end. And while not totally similar, there's always Acqua di Parma. Not worth the price for its longevity.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

@DoraRoxx: Love your idea about using the lotion...., when I personally reach for this frag, I start off using a blend of the soap and shower get. Out of the shower, I use a combination of the lotion (2 parts) + the body oil (1/4 part). I then rub it into the palm of my hands, when then dissolves extremely quickly (given the oil), I apply it all over, then I ply the fragrance as well.... This method translates into monster longevity and very good projection.... If you're worried about being greasy in the summer months, then drop the body oil.... The lotion isn't clammy at all guys...... Fantastic fragrance by any measure and nicely blended.... When considering the price, as with other things, consider the name behind the brand, the blending and quality of materials being used... If that still doesn't work, then just pick up a bottle of Mugler in a discount bin at a department store or online for about $30 and enjoy!!! Can't lose lose either way!

youngfragranceconnoisseur
youngfragranceconnoisseur

I think this scent is decent, but not great. I would not pay the price for this since there are better citruses for a fraction of the price. This is not your typical citrus, as it smells a little more upscale and classy. It is not the normal playful citrus, it is more sophisticated! Overall I can see how some people like this, I personally think it is ok, I just don't think it is worth the price tag. Also this fragrance is not very unique. This fragrance lasts around 5 hours on my skin and has ok projection. Although I only have samples and have worn them a few times. You can definitely smell the quality in this fragrance, as you can with all the TF fragrances. These are just my opinions some might think this is a masterpiece and some might think it is awful.

ejtannster
ejtannster

One of the prettiest and the most expensive orange soaps I've ever smelled.

Uriya

O.K., Had to write a few words about this take by TF. I've always loved fresh scents as I live in a warm country and there's nothing like smelling "laid back" with citrus scents that have this "non-violent" appeal. This is ,probably, one of the best citrus takes out there on the market. The elite of modern perfumery, if you will. The opening is ,indeed, very citrusy and the scent isn't trying to be pretentious, yet with that being said there's something so unique in the way it smells that it can actually remind one a lot of other simple products who resemble its scent: The fresh wet napkin you are given at the end of a fine meal in a restaurant (harsh lemon smell), (and dare I say this) some detergents that are sold out there, a fresh juicy orange that is just being peeled and so on. Neroli Portofino is the perfect scent for the summer, and even though it costs a lot, I'm going to spoil myself with another bottle for my next summer vacation. The only Con I want to mention here, is that the Projection (and longevity) of this scent is good for 2-3 hours maximum, so you'll need it in your bag/back-pack to apply more if you want it to be noticed throughout the day. Cheers everyone.

miticothor
miticothor

Tom, Tom...I love your fragrances but do you know Neroli Portofino and l'Erbolario Neroli are pretty similar? And the price is not the same.......

Hordak
Hordak

Very nice, and it shares notes with the good old 4711, but overpriced as fuck, and when I see the advertisement with these two naked, young, fresh wasps I need to vomit immediately.

fiouu
fiouu

This is so linear. The drydown smells like Kids cologne ew. Also the ad is so tacky it makes it even more off-putting. I've smelled better neroli perfumes for less.
I could have married the bottle though, soooooooooooooo preeeeetyyyyy *drools* shiny

L3dani
L3dani

Why not buy cheap Baby Cologne for 2 dollars?

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

If you're entertaining the thought of dropping a ton of money on Neroli Portofino because you're convinced it's the ultimate orange/neroli scent, do yourself a favor and check out two others that I believe easily surpass it: Bigarade Concentrée EDP by Frédéric Malle and Ramon Monegal's Entre Naranjos EDP. Neither is cheap, but both are far more interesting while still being delightfully potent and orangey. They are both truly works of art.

elph
elph

This smells like peeling a fresh, juicy orange at first spray. The non-citrus notes become more noticeable after drydown. I love orange for it's pain relieving effects, and Tom Ford's take on it does not disappoint. It smells beautiful enough to wear out to a fancy dinner, and since it's quite expensive I'm going to have to reserve it for that purpose.

happytrottinelf
happytrottinelf

I'm a big believer in olfactory memories, and a whiff of this sent me back to high school, when us convent girls were obsessed with smelling like Spanish toddlers :) Nenuco had no staying power though, and we all decanted our liter bottles into purse-size atomizers everyday.

I was hesitant to pick this up on the basis of nostalgia alone, so I tested it the other night. A couple of sprays from the counter tester in the afternoon, a short walk in the sticky tropical humidity, then a two-hour late evening tennis game. Imagine my surprise when I sniffed my (extremely sweaty) wrist and the smell was still there!

Pleasant albeit very linear, it wears close to the skin for me (I wish it projected a wee bit more), but is surprisingly lasting. I think I will pick this and Jardin sur le toit up for this summer as a birthday indulgence.

Etheras
Etheras

I really love this smell. The price is very expensive although but it is a blend you cant resist. If you live in mediterranean climates, its one of the most nice perfumes for summer. The king of the citrus parfumes with extremely good projection without suffocating people. Also lasts long time.
Finally, yes is the king of the neroli perfumes!

Headhead1000
Headhead1000

Love this but smells to close to40711 to buy at the $ clean and crisp for sure a tad soapy 2

PrimmaDonna
PrimmaDonna

Love!!!! I finally found fresh scent for myself!! So simple, but very chic and charismatic ...

leda
leda

Amazing scent, takes me on an instant vacation. But, like a real vacation, it is over too soon leaving only the memories. Fortunately, if you are willing to shell out the cash, you can experience it as often as you like.

I mostly smell orange blossom and citrus flowers, very realistic. Perfectly fresh and natural. I don't notice the amber at all. I bought the lotion to use frequently during the day (it feels wonderful and smells even better) and the body spray in the can. Not long lasting, but an instant pick-me-up and together they were still less pricey than the small bottle of edp.

joe70062
joe70062

I agree with anyone who compares this with 4177. It is very similar. But the longevity is in the tom ford version. The opening is very nice with the whole citrus thing. It dries down to what I consider a white musk. It's very nice if purchased for under $100. But I wouldn't encourage any more than that. Try it before you purchase as the citrus can sour on some skins.

hod
hod

I sprayed neroli portofino on one hand and mugler cologne on the 2nd.

they DO NOT smell the same!
maybe the initial spray (for like 20 seconds) is a bit similar
that's it!

neroli portofino lasts longer and feels much more natural and pleasent. very very pleasent, fresh scent.

Yes, it's expensive, and i'm not sure it's worth the price, but it's a very pleasent, fresh and very well done fragrance.

If you have deep pockets and you are looking for a spring/summer fragrance - BUY it!

Scentmad
Scentmad

Yawn. Eau De Cologne and nothing more - oh, apart from the enormous price tag.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I had heard so much about Neroli Portofino but from the looks of the notes it did not look very interesting to me.. Well I happened to run into a bottle of it today for the first time and I gave it a spray on the tester strip.. At first it smelled like another basic citrus cologne to me.. But after about twenty minutes I went to go sniff it again and I smelled a beautiful citrus scent with some nice white florals that make Neroli Portofino a bit different.. It smells a lot like a high quality version of an old Italian eau de cologne for women called Calabresella which was the first perfume made in Calabria, Italy.. Nice! I do not favor citrus scents but I would love to wear this in summer..

guillermostf
guillermostf

i see a lot of people here find Neroli Portofino similar to 4711. If this opinion is close to reality, i think this edp (NP by TF) is stupidly expensive. Thanks for all your reviews, help me to buy thoughtfully.

HyacinthBucket
HyacinthBucket

Standard cologne. Nothing new. $210. Hilarious.

EastCoastRose
EastCoastRose

I'm a devotee of this fragrance. It's one of my definite favorites of all time. Haha, yes the press ad is a little out there, because I don't feel the like folks in the ad when I wear it, but it does make me feel happy. It's summery for sure.
My hubby likes it on me too, so much that he told me to go buy it and not worry about the steep Tom Ford price tag!
As far as the comments likening this to 4711, I don't really feel that. There are some similarities, yes. But Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is most definitely workable for a lady, and feminine enough. I can see a man wearing it too if he likes it. 4711 however, I could not see on a lady. My father in law wears it, it's classic for a man and Tom Ford Neroli is way different. There's a lot to it. Exquisite is a good description.

Marciu
Marciu

For me it's Eau de Cologne 4711 from Maurer and Wirtz, but on steroids. Projection is huge during first 3 hours and medium for the next 8 hours. It's also more modern than that EDC. Smells in 90% the same, it's more citrusy and less herbaceous possibly. And A LOT more expensive!

smell8
smell8

Ok, so on first impression I got a splash of something old, the one that reminds me the smell of my father as I was a child. It reminded me a fog of the place I was growing up, on the Mediterranean.

I spritzed on my hand, and left the bottle a side. With minutes gone by the harsh opening turned into a pleasant and even addicting experience where I couldn't stop myself from reaching my hand to get another whiff.

This is a great fragrance, with great strength. But this is not for the guys out there that their main goal is to attract bimbos on the street to ask them what they're wearing. Only a real, classic woman will appreciate an high quality smell like that.

It smell like sex... but not the kind you'll have in an el camino lol or a mustang for that matter. This one is for the books!

Smell - 10/10
Projection - 8/10
Longevity - 9/10

nitschevo
nitschevo

The ad for this is truly ridiculous. "Come on girl, let's get naked and drown ourselves in 4711!" Yeah! :D

mse-21
mse-21

I have a sample of this and tried it several times during the past weeks. As the name suggests and votes below confirm; this is all about 'Neroli.' Very pleasant clean, crisp and refreshing smell.

I see people comparing it with Mugler Cologne and 4711 here. I agree with them in sense that this is basically an 'Eau de Cologne' composed around citrus-floral notes and gives a soapy impression. To me it is in the same vein as Mugler Cologn, Allure Homme Sport Cologne (by Chanel), Artisan by john varvatos and etc. However, this one is different enough to be considered an original scent by its own.

I believe this is made of high quality ingredients and am specially impressed by its longevity and silage which is a rarity in this class. In terms of price I see 'TOM FORD Eau Fraîche Body Splash' (236ml) is listed by Sephora for $140 which is a good deal IMHO.

Liebetx
Liebetx

Received a sample with a Christmas gift but since I adore Tom Ford's other scents AND am a strong summer citrus fan; I knew I would love Neroli Portofino.
Once again, Tom Ford delivered a another scent for me to fall in love with. Neroli Portofino has everything I love about my favorite summer scents but then it just transcends them all. You are initially hit wit a blast of citrus that lingers the entire length of sillage and is supported & softened by the soapy, woody notes.

I have always found it amusing scents use "notes" like music but so many scents fail to actually create a beautiful organized song. Tom Ford never fails to deliver in this area and with Neroli Portofino; he created a gorgeous summer aria.

MybBirthday's in Feburary: Neroli Portofino is definitely on my list!

guest_luna rebel
guest_luna rebel

Don't get me wrong, Portofino is a really great scent, but....what a blatant copy of 4711. I can tell that creating this perfume involved very little creativity. Someone must have realized how great 4711 smelled and decided to tweak it a tiny bit and give it slightly better sillage and longevity. If 4711 lasted a lot longer and projected better, there would be no competition. Unfortunately 4711's longevity is a joke, and Neroli Portofino is a great fragrance for those who love 4711 but wish for it to be stronger and of better quality. And I love 4711 but can't get over the fact that it's a copycat which fails to bring any originality to the table. At least they got one thing right, 4711 smells pretty darn amazing. And if this was $50, I would definitely buy it but for $200 I got better fragrances to try. Once again Tom Ford, I am left slightly disappointed.

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

Neroli Portofino by Tom Ford

SUBJECTIVE

Unlike his other Private Blend bottles – and most niche fragrances for that matter – Tom Ford’s Neroli Portofino is a fresh scent that is classy yet casual. It is reminiscent of a day at the beach, for you might mistake this blue bottle for a container of salt water. Indeed a fragrance suited for the heat, you will reach for this one quite often as its waterfront aura works well on any occasion accompanied by sunshine. While a casual setting is probably most appropriate, the versatility of this one will easily make it a popular signature scent, particularly if for you live somewhere warm.

Surely this fragrance will stand out to you as either appealing or distasteful, as the note of neroli makes this scent different from all the other summer scents out there. Neroli actually represents the orange flower extract often referred to as orange flower water or orange oil. This note is like that of rose, though bitterer. The bergamot also plays an important role in this fragrance, and is the reason for which I would not exactly classify this scent as a floral fragrance. You can, however, imagine that this fragrance would resemble Davidoff’s Cool Water mixed with a bunch of flower petals.

OBJECTIVE

A fragrance intended for the warmer months, it puts the other summer/”blue” scents to shame as far as performance goes. It will easily last you the day, and has a sillage that will follow you from blocks away in the heat. You will be set with two sprays to the chest, neck and shirt. You will, however, be required to reapply if you get wet or sweat, as water easily rubs off the neroli and bergamot, leaving behind a cheap, barely detectable generic skin scent. I will also add that it should not be applied in the frosty months, as it converts a fresh snowy air into a salty one like that of a dirty wet road in the spring collecting melted snow and ice.

IMPRESSION

A unique combination of sweet and salty for a hot day, Neroli Portofino is a daring, fresh scent that will not go unnoticed. It represents a playful blend among the notes of orange flower water, bergamot and orange that is dynamic throughout its course after application. This fragrance, the bitterness of which makes it more suitable for a male than a female, illustrates an “aquatic citrus” that will be perfect for everyday use in the summer.

PLAN

If you rotate through a number of fresh/summer scents throughout the year, then this fragrance will surely have to be included. In this case, seek a sample before purchasing. If however, you live in a location where winter is lengthy or if you are not a fragrance collector (e.g. less than ten bottles), then you can pass on this one, as its high price will likely be unjustifiable. ★★★★

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This smells rather like "4711" cologne, with a neroli heart. Certainly a refreshing and powerful citrus scent, but I would have expected more from something priced so high.

Germany
Germany

Vibrant , sparkling
Have a sample of this and getting a FB , nice classic perfume for men and women. Its a clean, fresh soapy orangey smell. Many more notes than fragrantica mentions
...bergamot , lemon mandarin and lavender , myrtle , Rosemary,orange bitter, Egyptian Jasmine ,neroli, orange blossom water,pittosporum, woody amber accord, ambarette seeds and Angelica root.
Its fresh, clean, cool,summery. Reminds me of being by the pool in the summer or walking the Rivera down the coast of Italy. Also recalls citronella and a cool lemon / lime drink :) totally love the bottle. Amazing!
Yes similar to 4711 and the Mugler cologne as well as Bergamotte lelabo. All the way. Out of those I do prefer Portofino, also the bottle is superior to all of the others. Classic / modern.
Advertising is soft porn lol, may draw some in and turn others off. It's intriguing for sure. Definitely speaks to men :)

This scent is amazing! Fresh, aromatic, citrus, green floral (ingredients should include green notes!) All is such well blended together, that it is unbelievable!
This fragrance is noble. Yes, I use this word to describe a scent for the first time. Simplicity, harmony, pleasure, well-being, quiet happiness, good taste. These are my mind connections, when I smell it. And, the last but not the least, this scent is also playful. Ads above tell the truth. It can be used both by female or male, and a woman won't smell masculine, and a man won't smell feminine. They can enjoy the fragrance and themselves:)
All in all, adorable fragrance.

konami125
konami125

This and Le Labo's Bergamote 22 are almost one in the same....but don't get me wrong they both smell great. Portofino does have that soapy quality though.

sharmap14
sharmap14

smells exactly identical to thierry mugler cologne and lasts the same amount of time too. i got a 125ml of mugler cologne for 70$ compared to paying over 300 for the same amount of this

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

It's great clean scent with a charismatic edge due to the neroli flower.

Worked great on my skin when i tested it and lasted a long time.

Not sure if it justifies the price, as i have more interesting scents on my "to buy list" right now...

Nick M
Nick M

The picture with the models above is very appropriate; now imagine there are fabric softening dryer sheets hanging above them. This is about as clean and fresh as it gets without venturing into the powder realm.

MattAndreiQuelsey
MattAndreiQuelsey

This reminds me of Nenuco baby cologne..

SDavis93
SDavis93

Its an expensive high quality take on generic cologne, nice spring/summer fragrance in my opinion. but not worth the money at all.

Its a fresh,clean,energizing fragrance. sharp,soapy, citrus scent with some floral notes. not much to say about this scent wise, its fairly simple and linear. you have probably smelt something like it before the difference being this is well blended with quality ingredients. projection and longevity are average but better than most summer fragrances.7/10

A nice bottle and good marketing is what sells this product most as the scent alone is to standard .i think this might have been the only time advertising and marketing alone persuaded me to purchase a fragrance. being at the airport going on holiday in summer they had big blue posters everywhere a nice organised section for there fragrances alone loads of cool blue bottles lined up, big tester bottles. but i would not buy this again if i had the money. too expensive too generic too just ok.

[email protected]
pearl060678@yahoo.com.sg

4711 smell cheap, TF smell luxurious....

Sunflower77
Sunflower77

I love this fragrance!

The composing notes are relatively simple and the scent is quite linear. However, it is clean, fresh, and easy to wear. It is not as sharp as Azure Lime, which I found to have too much zing. It is also cleaner and sweeter than Creed's Neroli Sauvage. Neroli Portofino did not wow me but it is so comfortable to wear and is definitely office safe.

It is a moderate scent with soothing, slightly soapy dry down. If you are looking for something dramatic, this is not going to work.

I'd rather smell this on my husband than all his Creed and Amouage. But he thinks other wise. He likes stronger, more complicated scents. Maybe I'll get a bottle of Neroli Portofino for myself. For a woman, this is slightly masculine. But it smells more natural than Light Blue, another citrus fragrance I love.

Spikekuji
Spikekuji

I love this fragrance, but will not be owning it anytime soon. $210? You got a lot of balls charging that much, Mr. Ford. much like his lipsticks, Mr. Ford seems to be charging exorbitantly under the guise of exclusivity. Beautiful scent, vibrant bottle. I thought I'd give the body oil a try, considering it is cheaper, but it is so oily. Absolutely no absorption, just super-slickness, but with that hypnotic scent. I hate that I love the fragrance, so I will be trying 4711 and other options.

outofocus
outofocus

I was reviewing Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea Honeysuckle and through its creator Rodrigo Flores I've learnt that he created this perfume too. I see the connecting dots, at least for my nostrills both are quite flat fragances, both smell of what's in the product title and not much else. In this case you get Neroli, right? If you like a more complex fragance of the same kind, please try Dolce Gabanna Light Blue Dreaming in Portofino.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Beautiful fresh spring scent with well blended neroli but I cant detect any amber in the base.Very soapy and mildly citrus in the drydown which happens way to quickly for a niche with this pricetag.
As previously reported there are comparable scents for a fraction of what Tom Ford charges for this.
Fantastic scent for the encroaching warmer months and brilliantly hued blue bottle but unfortunately not unique enough for the asking price in my opinion.

Snookums
Snookums

Save yourself A LOT of money and buy 4711 instead, a cool classic.

auroramaria
auroramaria

Why should it not be called Neroli Portofino?
Portofino is a very exclusive sea resort in Italy in the region of Liguria where neroli is extracted fro orange blossoms, given the price of this TF creation I think the name is very appropriate.
Just wanting to point this out.

danieq
danieq

The longer I wear this, the more it smells like heavy white florals. The orange bite beginning was nice, but the drydown is heavy and smells of Easter Lilies to me. No thank you.

Albin
Albin

This is really nice, don't get me wrong, but here in Spain for instance, you can get similar colognes for 15-20€.

Elatinpapi
Elatinpapi

I absolutely loved this fragrance when I tested it on the card, however on my skin it smells strikingly similar to pine floor cleaning products :(

Nursie
Nursie

Perfect scent for a hot &humid summer's day. I can imagine wearing this while sipping champagne as the sun sets. Unfortunately the scent only lasted for around 2 hours on my skin. Not enough bang for my buck I'm afraid...

trudigen

My husband an I went shopping and he loved this scent as did I! I surprised him with a bottle and he was so happy! In less than 15 minutes my friend visits and he "how do I smell" there was nothing there! I tried it finally got a compliment from my friend and 30 minutes later it was gone! I bought the oil thinking it would be better and it is not! This is becoming a ridiculous pattern with a lot of high end fragrances! They don't last! What is wrong with these designers! We both used to wear 4711 years ago and altos mueller which is similar! I don't get it! I am a fragrance addict and I am really getting upset over this!

Scout
Scout

I grew up in the northern U.S. and didn't see a citrus tree until I was grown. One March around St. Patrick's Day, a group of us girls got in a car and went south. We stopped for gas in northern Florida. Immediately I stopped dead in my tracks with my eyes closed "What is that SMELL??" A local pumping gas smiled over at me and said "That's the orange groves on the other side of the street." I thought I was in heaven. I held up the car just so we could linger and catch the breeze. Fast forward a few years and I finally put two and two together that neroli was in fact orange blossom. I bought every fragrance I could find that claimed to be orange blossom or neroli. But none of them brought forth the elation and purity and singularity of that night off the highway near the orange groves. Last year I went to Saks to test Tom Ford Cafe Rose. I love coffee, I love rose, I have often said coffee and roses would do well together. But as I was picking up bottles, I noticed this Neroli Portofino. *Sniff* And there I was, back by the highway. This is the ONLY neroli scent to come close to the memory of the real thing. The only one. Next St. Patrick's Day, do yourself a favor and find yourself an orange grove in Florida. :D PS - I also think this might be the fragrance dispersed at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas. Close, anyway.

samloves
samloves

Its a very nice fragrance, but you could go and buy a bottle of 4711 and save yourself hundreds, better still go to Spain on your holidays and buy a bottle of good old Spanish cologne! Not worth the money unless money is no object.

christianne1
christianne1

I am usually not a big neroli fan but this is one of the nicest neroli fragrances I have ever smelled. A lot of neroli fragrances tend to have an old musty smell to me and this is crisper and cleaner. So fresh and beautiful. Neroli fragrances have literally been around since the invention of cologne so this is hardly groundbreaking. But what it happens to be is a perfected neroli "cologne". While it does share a similar scent with 4711 (and countless other neroli based fragrances), the difference in quality is pretty apparent. I have 4711 and don't enjoy it while I love Neroli Portofino.The quality and fragrance far surpasses 4711 and is also more female friendly. It lasts all day on me. The blue bottle is also stunning. NP is the perfect go to daily scent and is a refreshing change from heavier or more dramatic perfumes. I absolutely love it.

I love neroli and the sharp beginning of citrus on this and it is nice smelling don't get me wrong but it is too close to the feminine end of the scale to be unisex. I think this fragrance is more suited to a more continental man than myself. Not everyone will agree with this statement I'm sure but for me this is the case.
I'm still sniffing it out as I have a small sample left so maybe my thoughts will change? Thus far though this is my verdict.

Update: This fragrance has a certain intoxicating quality to it and is amazingly fresh and uplifting but still not quite my cup of tea in terms of adding it to my collection.

trudigen

I bought this for my Hubby and fell in lovevwith it myself! It drives me crazy that on both of us that a perfume that cost this much would have such poor sillage on both of us!

I thought I finally found a wonderful lemony citrus and we were both so upset! I got so many compliments when I first put it on, then poof it's gone!

veda
veda

I wear Tom Ford's perfumes but unfortunately it isn't what I was expected.
I found it cheap...sorryz!

boncuk
boncuk

Love love love....

andabri
andabri

As the reviewer below mentions, this does smell reminiscent of fruity pebbles on my skin, but definitely mixed with a true orange blossom scent and neroli and sweet, clean soap. I find the fragrance divine.

It's very monotone and stays exactly the same on my skin from beginning to end. Literally the only difference is the first 3 seconds after being sprayed I smell sharp neroli that immediately mellows out to a fresh orange blossom and fruity pebbles scent. It's fruity and fresh and soapy, and for me, full bottle worthy.

mubes89
mubes89

Long lasting, very fresh scent... Not my favourite and I would def. say that this is a masculine scent compared to other of the PB

WildDove

Long-lasting, classy neroli, a cut well above other similar fragrances. I do get some of the amber in the base, which gives it a rich almost leathery feeling with longevity. Worth the price if you want that quality edge and signature. I have the spray and the body lotion/cream.

IsaIsabella
IsaIsabella

This is a close dupe of 4711.
Tom Ford's Neroli Portifino is just tad bit spicier and never falling over the medicinal edge like 4711.
Basically almost anyone who's ever smelt 4711 will associate it with 4711 so you can argue all you want about how it smells different to you but it's futile. Mwahaha.
Paying $300+ for this seems ridiculous since you could buy litres(!) of 4711 with the same amount of money and douse yourself every single minute. Spray it on your body, on your clothes, in the air, on the floor, everywhere!

Longevity is average.
Sillage moderate.

scentsuous
scentsuous

Does Neroli Portofino smell great? Yes. Is it worth its price tag? Probably not. Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino smells pretty much identical to Belle d'Avril by Fragonard (they share some of the same notes). Belle d'Avril also has great staying power (especially considering it's an eau de toilette) and is so inexpensive in comparison. Neroli Portofino is a great fragrance, but I really don't see the logic in paying hundreds of dollars for this stuff.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

Very much 4711! Smells very old fashioned to me, I don't understand why anyone would want to create a perfume that is so similar to a cologne that has been around for more than a century. It's lastig power is better than 4711 but for the price it costs it should last for at least 24 hours!

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

It smells exactly like fruity pebbles to me.

I really don't understand the incredible critical acclaim for this.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino is an exceptional neroli fragrance, with exceptionally racy advertising too. It's mostly mandarin-orange and neroli but there's some lavendar and other notes too. It's a fresh floral that's not too complex or muddled, but it's also distinct.

A lot of neroli fragrances like Mugler Cologne, and Atelier's Grand Neroli are overwhelmingly soapy and shrill, but Portofino is smoother and smells natural.

Versatility is where Neroli Portofino shines. This is truly unisex, rather than just labeled such, equally acceptable for both men and women to wear. Age is no issue either, as it's modern enough for any young person to wear with ease, but still sophisticated enough for an older person to wear. This is surely meant for the summer and spring, but don't count out Fall either. This fragrance projects well and has very good longevity compared to most summer fragrances.

What this scent truly reminds me of is business. It's the perfect professional fragrance, as it safe to wear, but also unique. This fragrance is a clean-cut business man, sharp, good-looking, well dressed, both alert and vibrant but also calm and collected. It will last you throughout the day and you will be noticed, but it's never too strong or flamboyant.

It's not revolutionary, but it takes what a lot of fragrances have tried to do and have done it better. It is a dependable one suited for daily wear if you choose, one which might have you moving closer to smell it on various occasion. The progression is a bit linear, but it's good that it largely preserves it's wonderful opening rather than forgoing it. The price is not cheap, but it is well worth it's price of admission.

For those who do like fresh, clean fragrances with a little bit of a floral undertone, I cannot urge you enough to try this. Easily one of the best, if not THE best of the Tom Ford line, even giving competition to Tobacco Vanille. As a summer fragrance, it's easily one of my top choices and I know when my decant runs out, I am going to end up with a full bottle of this in my collection very soon.

Do try this one.

4.5/5

augustobt
augustobt

4711 is human. This is god.

ErosOphelia
ErosOphelia

This was incredibly disappointing for me. This is incredibly medicinal for a perfume/cologne or whatever its calling its self.

Jacobi
Jacobi

4711 in a more expensive bottle. To me the same smell.
Ive you want to pay for the name and a nicer bottle......

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

A fresh citrus scent with a decent amount of depth to it compared to others from the same genre. Nothing magical but pleasant in its rendition of FRESH.

I am not a huge fan of "fresh" anymore but if I were interested I'd like to wear something like this. However I wouldn't dare spend this kind of money for such a simple fragrance.

Nice but not worth the steep price.

Longevity in NYC summer/humidity is not great. Expect to keep re spraying......not for this price.

jtd
jtd

The price discussion. I face it with all the Fords as well as many other costly perfumes. Will you pay, for example, $250 for a quality perfume when there are other comparable perfumes at a fraction of the cost? There is a market for costly perfumes, and if people are willing to spend big bucks, more power to them. So I don't forget the cost of the Ford line, but I try also to consider the perfumes independent of price. I'll admit, it's an odd little dance in my head.

Neroli Portofino is a pretty neroli cologne. "Pretty" is really tossing it a bone. It's certainly not ravishing, it's nothing new, and it doesn't seem like a particularly fine iteration of what it purports to be: a lasting, concentrated Eau de Cologne (edc) made with the finest materials to be found.

For a cologne to be successful, it must offer one of two things: faultless quality or an interesting variation. Cologne is certainly nothing new, and because of the simplicity of its componentry (search for the recipe and you'll find it easily) it's not hard to find excellent and inexpensive versions. Interesting alternative colognes are not hard to find either. Examples: CdG Vettiveru, Atelier Cologne’s Rose Anonyme and Trefle Pur, Maison Francis Kurkdjian Cologne pour le Soir.

A neroli cologne isn’t new, so Ford isn’t attempting the inventive variation. As for quality, Neroli Portofino falls a bit flat to my nose. The emphasis on bright florals, with a grounding in a sweet musk, gives a fairly two-dimensional impression of neroli. EDC is meant to be a brief, invigorating experience. Neroli Portofino abides by the former principle, but neglects the latter. Neroli Portofino misses the point that cologne’s success comes from simplicity, not refinement. Refinement looks like overbreeding when the mark is missed, and Neroli reads like the shivering, overgroomed teacup poodle of the edc set. (For a different take on a neroli cologne at 1/5 the price, try Comme des Garcons Anbar.)

The ad photos for Neroli Portofino capture what find least appealing about Ford-world. It purports to be racy and shocking. To me it reads as contrived and tired. Over-styled, sexless nudity might capture the Ford esthetic for his fans, but it just looks like those ridiculous laughy-smily Bijan ads from the 80s-90s to me.

from scent hurdle.com

-RJ-seventh
-RJ-seventh

I got a sample and started to get to know this fragrance.
The first impression was disappointing - it is exactly like Kolnish Wasser :(
The other thing what it reminds me is a synthetic washing powder or Granpa`s after shave...
Any components didn't came out.

I still give time for this piece.
Today I smelled again and I got a bergamot! Voilaa! Like Earl Grey tea.
If I think a about bergamot not Kolnish Wasser, then it is not so bad.
In the opening it is sharp smell for me.
Cold and not sweet. More for men than women.
A little soapy.

cdoc
cdoc

Tom Ford has captured the scent of Italian beaches in a bottle...reminds me of the summer I spent as a teen at a beach-house in southern Italy.....lovely.

MsYvette
MsYvette

To my nose, the opening citrus notes and white florals smell clean, divine, and regal. However, it quickly turned into an odd, pungent scent that is very reminiscent of cheap candy. More specifically, it smells like a child ate a truck load of Pez candy, chugged a bottle of detergent, and let out an odorous belch. This is definitely not the sexy fragrance that I was expecting after seeing all the provocative ads.

I actually didn't think the longevity was that weak, which is unfortunate in my case.
It lasted about 6 hours on my skin.

Cazzer
Cazzer

Really disappointed I really wanted to like this as love the other Tom Fords i have tried. just smells like cheap washing powder on my skin!

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

This is all about beautiful orange blossom on my skin (~ 1 hr). Gorgeous! I had a couple of manly-men try it on with me; they are not anxious to repeat the experience, however. All 3 of us smelled notably of white floral orange blossoms, but I was the only one who was glad of it.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

Neroli Portofino is simply SUMMER IN A BOTTLE. When I first came across this gem from Tom Ford I knew I had instantly found my signature Summer fragrance. Hot days in Australia mean you have to be sensible in what you spray on. NP blends in so well with the warm, humid air and with the saltiness of sweat combines to produce an alluring scent that brings joy and gladness to everyone around.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Loved the citrus in this. It smells fresh, and clean. A nice summer scent. This can be a great perfume to mix with other stronger scents. It's in the family of Acqua Di Parma, and Maria Farina (lime accord smell.) Unisex? Perhaps. Try it.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This is not a slam against Neroli Portofino. This is just how it is: take 4711, remove the lemons and herbs and rosy notes, refine the neroli and bergamot, give it a smidgen of higher-grade treemoss and oakmoss for staying power, smooth the sweetness out by a few hairs, and voila! TOM FORD does MÄURER & WIRTZ.

How does it smell? Well, 4711 smells lovely. Neroli Portofino smells divine. Whether or not this simplified cologne is worth the high price tag depends entirely on the size of your summer bonus.

lisaperfumeaddict
lisaperfumeaddict

I fell in love with this scent straight away. Exactly what I was looking for at the time, something close to an aftershave but not so much I would smell like a man :-) Big minus though, it has no staying power. I originally bought the Splash and when I realised it didn't hang about thought I had to get myself the Perfume (which I did) but that has no staying power either. Really really disappointing for something that costs so much. Still love the scent but would never waste my money again.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Essentially a citrus smell, and a nasty, soapy one at that. My wife nailed the scent with a side by side smell test: it smells just like Spray and Wash.

And how does one market a $200+ bottle of Spray and Wash? With a nude man and woman cavorting around dumping enormous bottles of the stuff on one another. Advertising doesn't get much more cynical than that.

filmoyster
filmoyster

I didn't like Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino, but I appreciate it's blend. Real Neroli is an expensive natural oil, so it might partly explain why this fragrance has such a high price tag.

I use Neroli in my beauty regimen (Decleor Neroli oil) so smelling what I associate as a skin cream in this formulation crossed my wires and I couldn't get past it. I thought it was a nice and complex smelling fragrance, but it gave me a headache after about a half hour. I found it too cloying and strong, in spite of the other reviews complaining of weak longevity.

I found:

Within the first five minutes:
- Neroli note
- Mandarin and other citrus
- Amber, which I really enjoyed combined with the Neroli and Mandarin
- Light, light Bergamot

The perfume didn't change over time, it stayed the same.

*4/10 rating
*1/10 headache factor - this does not give me a headache.

filmoyster.wordpress.com

cumulnimbus
cumulnimbus

I grew up smelling just like this. In my opinion this is a sightly more complex and clearly longer lasting version of spanish children's colonia Nenuco. Thanks heaven, I was a Calèche addict by twelve. It isn't that I don't like it, it is just too familiar, not special or surprising enough, except for the bottle, of course. But I'm afraid I collect scents for their smell and always will... I can buy empty flaçons if I feel the urge to posses them but wont pay for the whole thing unless I'm using the scent.

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

I was drawn to this fragrance yards away from the storefront, and I just had to see what was this beautiful aquatic display.

It was Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino, of course.

I briefly smelt it and thought YUCK! Not what I want to smell like, especially at that price.

But a month or two later, I became more and more intrigued by Tom's collection of prestige fragrances that I decided to go in and check them all out.

The truth is if I had the money, I would own all of them.

Especially Neroli Portofino!

I fell in love with it today.

I first only tried on the Body Splash, which is not a spray, you literally splash it on.

LOVED IT! Its got a refreshing tonic formula to it, where I literally would love to shower in this.

& That's what it smells like. Like you just got out of the best shower of your life. The cleanest you'll ever be. Like you washed yourself in the fountain of youth, or maybe you soaked under an exotic waterfall.

Its perfect. So crisp, breezy, fresh, and delightful.

The man at the perfume counter was a Tom Ford expert and also showed me how lovely it is to mix Neroli with the other perfumes in the collection..and he was right!!

This is a fragrance that I would love to splash on as soon as I walk out of the shower, completely naked.

Then, I would dress for a hot, adventurous day and spritz myself some more with the parfum.

Unfortunately, it is a lighter fragrance that does die down rather quickly on skin. For such an pricey product, it really should last longer & stronger.

But oh well, this is not a fragrance for us common folks.

Its a fragrance for people with money, enough money to blow $200 on mere millimeters. Its something none of us need to stay alive, like food or shelter, but we just think we gotta have it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't buy pricey perfumes, heck I hope one day I can own this and a couple more of his line, but just take a moment to think how $200 can be used elsewhere. Do you really need it? Or maybe you can use that money for something more positive, like helping others who are not as fortunate.

Think about it,

The Boy Next Door

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tried this at the Tom Ford counter and it truly is a clean fresh fragrance ideal for the Spring or Summer months. A strong blast of powdery citrus, warm and refreshing. A nice floral and zesty mixture which made me feel like booking a holiday somewhere warm. I would love to own this but it is way too expensive for what it is.If I manage to get a bargain online I will definately add this to my collection. On my way home I called into Debenhams and I sniffed and bought Thierry Mugler Cologne 100ml for just over £20 which was a steal and reminded me of Neroli Portofino.
Bought the 100ml Neroli Portofino EDP online at a v good price. I love the fragrance but have to keep applying throughout the day considering it is an EDP. Mugler Cologne has more staying power on my skin

narita
narita

Nice fresh, clean scent but doesn't last long on my skin. I read that it lasts very long on some people. So it's a good idea to sample on your skin before investing.

Discoball
Discoball

Wow. Blown away by this. I really love it. It was strong, soapy and orange floral right away. It has a very overwhelming start. About two minutes later it smelled like crisp, cool orange blossoms with a sweet-tart base. I am in love with this but not the price. This was an unexpected delight!

shanghaifleur
shanghaifleur

This was a gift, otherwise I wouldn't have bothered with such a price tag for a perfume that is nothing more to me than a very nice Eau de Cologne!...True, this is not your average cologne, it's a quality one and last pretty much all day...Still, doesn't justify the price IMHO.

It opens very spicy and citrusy, then comes a subtle flowery note sailing gently over a deep aquatic base. It feels great to put on, makes you feel refreshed and cool each time you apply it, like a splash of Eau de Cologne on ice....
I share it with my husband, who likes it a lot in hot weather. On him, it smells a bit deeper than on me, a little more smoky....

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

I know now a lot of Neroli Colognes over the last years and I can say:
TF got the BEST Neroli Composition by now!!!
Masterpiece!

Still expensive? Get the Body Lotion or the Splasher.I got both! Combine it!
The lotion lasts over 12 hours on me on a flight from Germany to Hong Kong and I am flowery-fresh scented after all. People loved sniffing on me. No one ever disliked Neroli Portofino on me.
It is not sour or itchy in my nose like many other Neroli Fragrances. I get the Amber. Makes Portofino kinda sweet and misterious.

Go. GET that high quality NEROLI PORTOFINO Scent!

One more NOTE! I am from Cologne, Germany. I own that cheap 4711! Everybody here owns it! You can find it at any Shopcorner here AND HELL NO, IT IS A BILLION MILES AWAY FROM PORTOFINO! 4711 is a lime/lemon refresher after leaving the restroom to clean your hands or refresh yourself. Nothing more and no, not classy!
Muglers Cologne is also totally different! Try it SIDE by SIDE!
Muggles...

scent: 9/10
longevity: 7,5/10 (BODY LOTION)
sillage: 7/10

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

This scent equals summer bliss!!! Clean and fresh to the tenth power..The neroli and orange are Well blended and memorable, with just a hint of citrus.. Highly recommended! Also honorable mention to Champaca absolut also by Tom Ford private blends if u like fresh clean and innovative excellent use of florals done masculine..

kuli
kuli

Way too expensive for what it is. Tom Ford should have skipped this release.

divan.badenhorstbotha
divan.badenhorstbotha

4711 in EDP! I own it and love it. Very up lifting.

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A stylish fragrance which is modern, sleek with class and a pleasure to wear..

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -1 hour - 8 inch projection. Class in a bottle. Neroli and fine, no junk,soap or smokeyness, just a modern day fine fragrance which kept me going back to it

1 hours - 2.5 hours - 4 inch projection. Linear Neroli fragrance, lovely

2.5 hours - 4 hours - 1 inch projection

4- 8 hours. Close to skin, it lasts quite a long time on the skin

Superb bottle with lovely aqua colour

I would not buy this, I have JPG Fleur which is shabby in comparison to this fine frag, but Tom Ford is too expensive and close to the skin, yet a wonderful syltish aroma. One day when I win the lotto!

enzyme1
enzyme1

Aww look at the cute couple playing with the perfume.....omg what are they doing!

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Neroli an intriguing note and clean with bergamot makes a beautiful combination here becomes something clean soap but with some refinement I think it's a very natural neroli.
Background with Amber is just to close with a slight air sweetie good work but too expensive.

bluelace
bluelace

Exactly like 4711 that I had growing up,

Not a bad smell, but average, and way over priced.

RobbieX
RobbieX

Very well blended and soapy cologne. Very fresh and clean.....but...expensive. Mugler's Cologne is nearly as nice bit much cheaper.

modestyblaise
modestyblaise

Neroli Portofino is very well executed eau de cologne, but too pricey in this category. This is why i opted for Body Oil (250ml for $85), which is even more wearable for female, because it fuses better with skin oils. Used on still damp and warm skin after a shower, NPBO is absolutely sublime.
After all, isn't this the right application? ;)

Brittanyreneeyoung
Brittanyreneeyoung

I got a sampler of this scent from theperfumedcourt.com and I was expecting something completely different. I was not a fan. On me it smelled just like aloe vera. I definitely would not pay that kind of money for this.

mimikins24
mimikins24

This is a very generic and uninteresting scent to me. The note pyramid, having only 4 items, still seems to be exagerating the complexity IMHO.

You get bergamot with a bit of amber on the dry down --- that's it, that's all. Decidedly male to my nose.

Over priced for what it is, as it comes off as a million and one other men's colognes. At $200 for 50ml it has to be something special. I think my sample will be put in the travel toiletries pile (you know those samples you don't mind leaving behind when you repack to come home).

I also think the ad is unnecessarily OTT. The only nice thing I have to say --- pretty bottle!

scissorshand_j
scissorshand_j

it starts like a very very very generic citrus frag. but leave it on my skin for 2 hours. it becomes very very sexy...the lasting power is very strong..love this one.

pimentosugars
pimentosugars

The main emotion I feel towards this fragrance is regret. I regret trying it on a cool autumn day. I regret accidentally spraying it on my coat sleeve. And I really regret that it is no match for the incandescent glory that is Black Orchid.

It's definitely a classy creation, elegant without trying too hard. Neroli Portofino has that wealthy-masculinity-meets-the-med charisma exemplified to perfection by Jude Law's character in 'The Talented Mr Ripley.' Delectable. And yet I tire of it quickly. After all that, it is just another 4711 style men's cologne. The citrus skillfully avoids paintstripper perils and whiffs of lemon meringue pie, but it doesn't do anything to move me towards it. It may be divine on a hot day, and I will certainly try it again next summer. But for now, the most noticeable thing about it is its determination; like some playboy turned pest, Neroli Portofino stayed with me long after I wished it gone!

azuriiita
azuriiita

Beautiful bottle... mediocre fragrance for the price..........

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Citrus and neroli with a hint of sweetness are the main players here. It's smells nice but nothing special amongst the variety of scents like this from Acqua di Parma and Castile by Penhaligons.

Why spend a fortune on this when you can by it's like cheaper and done better elsewhere. It's smells nice but does not stand out enough to warrant the pricetag.

In eighth grade, I wrote a report about Sun Myung Moon and the Unification Church, and I've been thinking about cults ever since. They arise with remarkable frequency in Western civilization, in virtually every, even the most unexpected of realms, including perfume. Just look at the excitement generated by the recent release of Tom Ford's new Private Collection fragrances. Have you seen the gleaming gold book describing these launches? It shimmers with a quasi-beatific halo of light! Is the Tom Ford fetish shared by so many consumers merely hype-generated, or is there some substance to his collection which justifies the veneration bestowed upon the man behind the label?

I'm afraid that NEROLI PORTOFINO does not help Tom Ford's cause in my skeptical mind. This is a loud neroli cologne in the very same style as 4711. True, it smells better than 4711: less sour, less dingy around the edges. But no less true is that anyone who wears this fragrance is going to elicit comments from less savvy sniffers to the effect that "Someone is wearing 4711."

Perhaps we sophisticated perfumistas should not care what hoi polloi think about our scent. Still, I cannot recommend this remarkably tenacious cologne to anyone because if you wear it, aside from your own personal enjoyment, you will get credit for wearing 4711 at the price of haute niche. I myself honestly do not believe that NEROLI PORTOFINO smells all that much better than 4711, and, in the end, we are talking about fine distinctions here, which the vast majority of noses in existence are altogether unable to make.

s_athena
s_athena

I found a sample today in Bluemercury in DC, and the smell, while beautiful, made me angry for one reason, which you probably know after reading all of these reviews. Why in the hell would anyone shell out this kind of money for the Tom Ford name when you can buy cologne from a drugstore that smells exactly like this? If you want to smell like you own this "private blend" BS - or worse, the 8.1 oz "body splash" version going for $125 - search online for 4711. For the price of the "Neroli Portofino splash" you can buy the original Eau de Cologne by the liter! There's even a version of Cologne water that's used as a baby cologne and comes from a drugstore in your choice of glass or plastic bottle (Nenuco, like I think someone else has mentioned - the only good thing about smelling this overpriced crap was the nostalgia it induced for my childhood, getting doused in Nenuco after baths). If you want more lasting power just search for the familiar vetiver-neroli-citrus notes in any number of other much cheaper frags on this site. Save yourself the empty wallet and the heartache.

And Tom Ford - oh Tom, WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME? AFTER BRINGING ME THE ORGASMIC GIFT FROM THE HEAVENS THAT IS BLACK ORCHID, YOU PULL THIS SHELL GAME? THAT'S IT, I'M SERVING MY DIVORCE PAPERS IN THE MORNING. AND TAKING CUSTODY OF OUR SHIH-TZU! I could understand if Tom did something more original with it, but this is just straight Cologne water concentrated in a $125-per-ounce perfume, which DOESN'T EVEN LAST more than an hour. This makes me want to peel a kid glove off my hand and smack him with it - and then walk (no, strut!) out the grand door of our villa looking fabulous in one of his gowns, with the shih-tzu under my arm and leaving a trail of 4711 in my wake - cheap bitch that I am, and proud of it!

kentabatinga
kentabatinga

Quite a repulsing, overpriced, headache inducing fragance. Washed it off completely after just a small dab of the sample. Get a sample and try it like I did before deciding on a larger bottle. It's a no go for me.

Zenith
Zenith

quite honestly and bluntly, why is this so expensive? No it isn't bad, but neither is it particularly impressive, and I can name off the top of my head numerous fragrances that cost a tiny fraction of this. I'm sure the ad will attract some attention though

fuggerone
fuggerone

with this on I had the best feedback this season...

jpbill
jpbill

So i was very happy to test the private Blend perfumes. I sprayed it on and thought ,4711 !!! A Woman next to me tested it too, but she said nothing . Than her Hausband Said ohh 4711 . Longevity and sillage is like the classic cologne. I like it . But for the Price i will buy 4711 and Mix it with a Little bit acqua di parma, that is neroli portofino.

guido2663
guido2663

Really disappointing: the most boring, unuseful, unrequested frag.

After less than one hour its banality fades away.

Sorry Mr Ford but doing so you're pulling people legs, don't you?

Bottle in a nice color, ehm ehm...

cherie97
cherie97

i think i'm in love

it's such a nice neroli scent, even better than chloe.
very simple, orange and clean, soapy fragrance, but feminine
at first it's very fresh and strong, later it's getting warmer and softer, like a scent of pure bliss

the bottle is amazing too

love it, good gob tom ford!

aschiffm
aschiffm

hmm! well now this IS very soapy and sudsy! not in a "baby-clean" kind of way, it definitely is the sort of sexy foamy drippy suds that the ads depict. it smells like dense listerine mixed with thick cosmetic powder. its very fresh but mature, theres a subtle glow that comes from the warmth of the neroli and orange blossoms. its minty and potent, the white flowers really make this a loud one.

i think its unique. instead of other fresh perfumes that give off the "just showered/just brushed my teeth" vibe, i think this by contrast gives off a vibe of "Just luxuriously bathed. With a lover.. Or two" ;) there is no false advertising in these infamous ads!

Patti04
Patti04

Very sad: I had great expectation from it, but apart from a beautiful bottle and an evocative name, the juice is one of the most useless, stereotiped cologne I ever smelled. Excessive price, pubblicity and all. No excuse mr Tom Ford!

eickarumba
eickarumba

It smells exactly like the decorative sea shell soaps you put in your bathroom. Not a bad smell by any means, but certainly not one I'd like to pay $200 for.

dmoman
dmoman

On me it smells like laundry detergent. It's a good scent but when that floral and soapy scent mix and citrus that is like Tide! Neutral for me.

LIN
LIN

I don't like it much on me, to my nose it's too masculine...Too much mandarin and bergamot for the ladies to wear...

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

This is my favorite neroli fragrance of all time!
The scent is fresh and exuberant!Each note blends
seamlessly, so it is never too sharp,or overpowering.
An overall feeling of well being,suited for both men,
and women,although I feel it works slightly better on
men.The bottle is a gorgeous turquoise that gives it
an oceanic summer appeal! I would wear this all year-
round, whenever I need a pick- me- up!The downside,
not as long lasting as other Tom Ford`s,about 2 hours:(

caseyu
caseyu

awesome fragrance! WAAAAY too expensive for projection and longevity. lasted twenty minutes on my skin. thirty on my clothes. thank you Nordstrom for the take-along sample. saved me over $200! ;)

wchickillo
wchickillo

This is probably my favorite Neroli fragrances ive smelled. Its very fresh and light. Great for a hot day. It definitely doesnt have great longevity but it smells great when its on. As far as fresh, citrusy scents go, id give this one an "A"

AlanB
AlanB

It's nice, pleasant and high quality - I would say high quality 4711. But when it comes to projection and logevity, it's the worst among Tom Ford private blend collection!

sunshine3215
sunshine3215

I treated myself to this fragrance today. I must say this is the most expensive perfume I have ever purchased. The cost is 205.00 which is a lot of money to ME. But I must admit, it smells clean, fresh. I wonder about the long lasting power, I barely smell it on my skin but maybe I can't smell it but others can. Before you purchase, please go to Nordstrom and get the free sample and see if this works for YOU!!

Grottola

Seriously, as pleasant as this is, just get Mugler Cologne. Lasts just as long and smells even more interesting for a fourth of the price.

For a true well-made neroli, try Atelier's Grand Neroli or Creed's Neroli Sauvage. You'll be glad you did.

Nmsekhmet
Nmsekhmet

The absolute best neroli fragrance!

pynkgirl
pynkgirl

I adore this but I only got about 2 hours out of this! So disappointing! The price does not make up for this!

Update: so as of today, August 7, I really do like this now! For some reason it's lasted for 9 hrs plus this time. Maybe it's the hot weather projecting it? Anywho, I love it and will be purchasing!

edwinrichardyoung
edwinrichardyoung

Liked it immediately as it reminded so much of 4711, which my Ma used to wear. Shame it does not last - you get about an hour. I suppose the idea is you re-apply but a perfume ought to have more longevity. On balance it is not much more than an expensive eau de toilette.

Nice though - reminds me (as I say) of my Ma.

unique1975
unique1975

mugler cologne is almost the same.In the base of cologne I detect musk extra.But both of them have the same smell and sense

dustaroma

is anyone know a fragrance realy similar to this masterpeace ? PLEASE :-)

xabaras
xabaras

I wish neroli always smelled like it does in Tom Ford's Neroli Portofino. It is fresh, it is dry, clean and very pleasant. It is one dimensional, in that what you smell when you spray is what you keep smelling until it fades away, but it is the whole concept behind the Private Blend idea, that we can combine the different ingredients and create on our skin our personal fragrance.... Although, I do agree with the other reviews that it smells exactly like Muelhens 4711 Original Eau de Cologne, and it doesn't even have better lasting power. About an hour is all you get from this lovely fragrance. By the way, it reminds me so much of a mosquito reppellent we used in the Eighties called Autan. It's kind of odd, but I've always liked that smell. Anyway, Neroli Portofino has only got one negative feature according to me : its price.

babybleau
babybleau

While I really want to like this one by Tom Ford, I have to say, the quality is just not the same as you would find from a French parfumier, and it really is a shame as the initial fragrance of this is nice, but teh dry-down will disappoint and becomes more masculine in nature and somewhat sickening.
Did not work for me. Neroli is a lovely scent, unfortunately, the methods used in creating this scent did not make for a quality neroli fragrance.

anettelove

I was surprise by this perfume.....It's really nicer than I imagined...but the price is expensive...It's just was I've been looking for daytime...I'm not fond of unisex fragances but this smells like baby fragance so clean...

Wendeeeeee
Wendeeeeee

When I tried this the other day it instantly reminded me of a fragrance I wore as a child growing up in The Netherlands. I had a friend try it and she agreed that this scent is very reminiscent of the 4711 Original Eau de Cologne Muelhens for women and men from the 1970's. Anyone else notice the similarity? Just wondering. =D

anettelove

it reminds me Thierry Mugler Cologne...

Smat
Smat

I first smelled this at a fragrance shop and I didn't know what neroli actually is. When I had my first sniff, it reminded me EXACTLY of orange blossoms. Later on, I found out that neroli was actually blossoms from orange trees. I absolutely love this fragrance because it's very well done and smells very natural. Neroli portofino is very calming and I would totally recommend this to anyone. Also, the longevity is surprisingly amazing because I could still smell it on my skin after 9 hours.

fragment
fragment

This perfume reminds me of....a very popular fragrance which cannot be found on Fragrantica. I really like Neroli Portofino and was reading through the reviews online when I ran across the mention of how this fragrance smells like Nenuco Agua de Colonia. Today I received a 750ml bottle of the Nenuco which cost me $13 from Amazon and when I first opened the package and got a whiff of the fragrance, the first thing that came to mind was Neroli Portofino. Must be the neroli note since the Nenuco is lacking the soapiness of Neroli Portofino and this 750ml bottle is only EDS strength, but Nenuco also makes a 400ml glass bottle in EDC strength which sells for roughly the same price as the larger 750ml plastic bottle. At under $2/100ml I may actually be able to afford pouring the entire bottle over my body as shown in the Tom Ford Pictures :-)

Berny32
Berny32

This is my favorite scent! I tried every Tom Ford on my skin and loved how clean and sexy this smelled on my skin. Remember, perfume and cologne is completley dependent on each person's chemistry. For instance, Chanel No.5 does not work well on my skin but smells great on one of my frineds. I also like Jo Malone's Amber & Lavender yet Pomegranate Noir which is great on another friend is awful on me. It's a very personal reaction to your chemistry.

Grottola

A simple tart neroli, citrus, and wood fragrance. It's nice and pleasant, but it doesn't have the sparkle and beauty that other (cheaper) Eaux have, e.g. Acqua di Parma Colonia, Guerlain Eau de Cologne Imperiale...

I will give it credit for being quite long-lasting. But still, that's not enough to justify the price, at least for me.

dustaroma

good parfum . i use it all day long , its worth the mony and became my signature fragrance, im happy i have it .

I wasn't fully aware that I love orange blossom as a note in perfume until I stumbled upon this beautiful emerald bottle with its rather sexual ad campaign.

In fact, contrary to what everyone's been saying, I would definitely wear this to arouse my loved one, no doubt about it. Neroli Portofino may smell summery and clean, but there's something about it that puts a smile on my dial, makes my eyes roll back in my head and feel like a goddess both inside and out.

Yes, Neroli Portofino smells like soap, but an expensive bar of luxury soap. I get a massive load of orange blossom in this fragrance complimented with a sweet and citrusy-green bergamot accord. To be honest, I find this fragrance sweet and feminine on my skin. I'm surprised that this is a unisex fragrance, however it may smell very different on a man's skin.

Everyone's saying that Neroli Portofino is just an overpriced Acqua di Parma cologne. Really? I've smelt almost the whole range and I can't say that I found any of them as appealing as this. Colonia is a smooth, crisp lemon scent to my nose, no orange blossoms there I'm afraid.

Give this fragrance to me wrapped in a big, white ribbon and I'll happily wear Neroli Portofino as my Summer signature. Even better, the longevity is superb, nothing like those Summer colognes that my skin enjoys eating until there's nothing left. I highly recommend.

Clementine479
Clementine479

I am always impressed by the gorgeous writing in the reviews on this website and fear my rather pedestrian review will let down the side. I spent £185 on this unsmelled, so sure was I that I'd love it. On paper this is perfect. I was hoping for lazy sunshine, bright and pure. It is very harsh on me, almost cleaning fluid and the drydown is soapy and very masculine. The quality is outstanding, no question that the best ingredients have been used in this. I don't think this is a women's frangance at all and all of my fragrances are unisex, I am not a girlie girl. The bottle is beautiful, alas the contents are not.

cinemoenti
cinemoenti

★☆☆☆☆
This perfume, on my skin, reminds me just of chewing-gum - and that's already it. Not worth the price, not the quality level Tom Ford usually creates!

duskangel101
duskangel101

Love the new bottle color, ties in very nicely with the fresh clean scent. I like the idea of the ad and i think the models did a reat job, but it's too sexual for my likings. although i do love the idea of sexy scents being clean at the same time. not all of them must be musky and animalistic. The actual perfume itself conveys this message really well, but it's just too soapy for me.
Update: I found another upside to this scent. It mixes well with the other perfumes in the Private Blend collection, which is a relief. If you, like me, don't love the soapiness, try mixing it with Tobacco Vanille to add something sweet and smokey.

jeffreywelch
jeffreywelch

I love this Eau du Parfum. It makes me happy! While I don't consider it mysterious or something I would use on a special evening out, I do use it on a frequent basis for daily casual wear. It isn't offensive so its perfect for office use too. I agree with other reviewers here that say it is similar to mainline Acqua di Parma colognes. That isn't a bad thing at all, but the Acqua di Parma line is cheaper in price so if you are cost-conscious go with the Acqua di Parma. Nevertheless, Tom Ford Neroli Portofino is of high quality and is probably going to have a permanent spot in my collection.

jpcresson
jpcresson

The bottle is beautiful,the fragrance is average,not worthy of the price tag.Try Aqua di Parma Colonia,very similar,fresh citrus notes,less $$.

Heverton
Heverton

This particular fragrance opens up with an evident neroli note which it's not crude, herbal like in Bois Blond from Atelier Cologne, instead it is slight sweet.

After about 15 minutes the citric aspect at the top disappear giving space to a more comfortable, soapy aroma becoming very pleasant on my skin, but this cologne aspect makes me confuse...

to me this fragrance is a good one, but the price tag is just ridiculous. This fragrance does not worth the price tag. If it were cheaper it would be an awesome daily fragrance.

bp
bp

I love this perfume.
It has an exceptionally good quality.
I also love the bottle and the advertising.
The only problem is that this perfume has an unreasonably high price .... even astronomical.
Well done Tom Ford, once again impressed.

mableymo09
mableymo09

This is very nice however the perfume gets kinda soapy. The body creme is the best it's more subtle

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

I am with Renujean on this one. It stinks! like... literally. I didnt like it at all. Black Orchid is great but this stuff...i would not want to smell like this... gack!

I love the bottle and its colour! The scent itself is very nice and neroli is quite evident.
After a few minutes on my skin in summer it reminded so strongly of 4711 or even Acqua di Parma cologne (a winner!)
Bergamot and some kind of herbal note (lavender, rosmarin?) take the big place here Nice, refreshing and a good choice to please both me (in summer) and my BF who likes citruses almost unisex scents on me.
It smells like an upgraded and lasting refined cologne for ladies and maybe gentlemen.
It's an interesting scent.
Anyway this is not worthy the crazy Tom Ford's price at all!

renujean
renujean

What a horrible scent! It's dariness is purely there because it was expected to be. Nothing exciting (more like nauseating) and it is DEFINITELY not worth its RRP.

The moment it was sprayed onto my wrist, my eyes were almost stung with its shocking(in a bad way) scent.

I have never thought I'd turn down a bergamot but Neroli Portofino is a shocker!

opsy10
opsy10

trust me if you like this stuff, you are better off going for acqua di parma essenza. Its basically the same , lasting and alot cheaper than this. i have got acqua di parma and love it

Eau De Cologne anyone? A long lasting Eau De Cologne which smells fine but sells at a ridicolous and definitely otrageous price. Nothing new, go for the original or for other billions of cheaper interpretation of the same theme.

bbnoise
bbnoise

It's a clever fragrance and it tends to makes people confused. Surely it's exquisitely made from every aspect. It drags attention and I feel special wearing it.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I like this creation, it seems like the lighter version of Polo by Ralph Lauren (the green and gold one).

The bergamot and mandarin orange are fresh and zesty. The Jasmine is there alongside the mysterious and warm amber.

kris919
kris919

on my skin, this smells just like 4711.Neroli Portofino is just too expensive for me to keep buying it, even tho is lasts way longer than 4711. love them both tho.

Carolinealgot
Carolinealgot

I want it, please send a sample to me! Tom Ford are unable to buy here in Sweden :(

viewdemonde
viewdemonde

Um, the press ad is a bit over the top, isn't it?

Jordan20
Jordan20

I'm still confused as to why they took this one out of the Private Blend collection but i'm loving this new bottle they have its beautiful. Its still the same scent but for my nose this one is a bit lighter when i put it side by side with the original scent from the private blend collection. I cant complain though i love the scent and its a welcome addition to the TF collection. :).