Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Noir Tom Ford for men

Noir Tom Ford for men Videos
Noir Tom Ford for men Pictures

After his latest Violet Blonde, Tom Ford offers a masculine counterpart; mysterious, spicy, full-bodied and at the same time elegant. "Enigmatic, complex and surprising," this is Ford's most satisfying foray into perfume so far, as he reveals himself.

Top notes: Italian bergamot, verbena, caraway, baie rose (pink pepper), violet flower.

Heart notes: black pepper, nutmeg, Tuscan Iris resin, Egyptian Geranium, Bulgarian Rose, Clary Sage.

Base notes: Opoponax, amber, Indonesian patchouli, vetiver, civet, vanilla.

Available as EDP. Noir was launched in 2012.

Bergamot Verbena Caraway Pink Pepper Violet

Black Pepper Nutmeg Tuscan Iris Geranium Bulgarian Rose Clary Sage

Opoponax Amber Indonesian Patchouli Leaf Vetiver Civet Vanilla Styrax Leather Benzoin

Noir Eau de Toilette
Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense

Noir Fragrance Reviews

Scotti
Scotti

This is a Tom Ford fragrance for sure! Very sophisticated, and elegant. Plus I find it to be quite complex & full of notes.

This is a quite powdery fragrance, so men who don't like powdery scents might not like this one. I actually like powdery type of frags, so this is great. Tom ford has managed to make a powder scent more masculine than others.

The opening is burst of Bergamot, Pink Pepper, Peppers.
The mid is Ambery, but by now the fragrance is already getting quite powdery. A slight Leather vibe appears, but it's more of a soft suede like leather, not pungent at all. Very smooth.
The base slightly patchouli, but is more of a quiet vanillic-Ambery powdery drydown

I think the over-all effect of this frag is MASCULINE POWDERINESS that just works. I can picture this on a successful business type in a power suit. I think it's sophisticated, elegant, and powerful.

Bergamot+
Pink Pepper+
Amber,
Leather &
Patchouli =

MASUCLINE POWDERINESS at it's finest, Tom Ford finest.

angel57
angel57

I received some samples of Noir, and want to wear it! I read one review by a woman who tried it after her husband said it didn't work for him. I may mix it with the Oud Wood body moisturizer and Santal Blush. Yes, I'm bold like that! If any other ladies on here have worn Noir, please message me and let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

onlymynoseknows
onlymynoseknows

One of the most annoying fragrances on the market. This gives me headache. It's a very heavy scent and you need to take a long shower to get rid of this terrible fragrance. Maybe there are a few Tom Ford adepts that will disagree with me but Tom Ford in general is a bit overrated.

puria_stalker
puria_stalker

شکی نیست کاره خیلی خیلی با کیفیتیه
اما سوال اینجاست که این طور بوها رو دوست دارید یا نه ؟
شروع کار یه ترکیبه خیلی عجیب غریب و شلوغ پلوغه
اما به مرور یه جور رایحه خامه ای - وانیلی - با دوام میرسه
من که خوشم نیومد

CDGfan

It smells very similar to Prada Amber Intense.

Both are well made, but Amber Intense is better.

giedriusva
giedriusva

I am suprised that some people compare it to Habit Rouge of Guerlain. Citrus is almost not sensible in Noir, while quite prominent in Habite Rouge, Eau de Toilette version.
I find it much more closer to Amber intense from Prada.
Overal it is a pleasant, unabusive perfume.

kgro16
kgro16

Noir is not for everybody, which is a good thing. I love Noir for the same reason I love Dior Homme (2005). These are fragrances that are not mainstream designer fragrances because 1) they tend to be a little higher priced, 2) they do not subscribe to the status quo for what colognes are supposed to be. If you're looking for something mainstream, go with Spicebomb or 1 million. These fragrances have no complexity, no risks are taken, and as such, they are the epitome of designer house.

What separates Noir from other colognes?
Noir takes risks. It uses floral notes, which give it an inviting and sweet feel. But because of the use of civet, leather, and patchouli, it never becomes feminine. (I can't think of too many designer fragrances that do this.) It's a cologne that would have been greeted with an applause 20 years ago and been hailed a classic. But for now I think Noir challenges the direction of the cologne industry, and that's why it's gotten so much flack.

Noir can be worn night and day, casually and formally, by a mature man (22+). Because Noir requires an aura of mystery, the man needs to be confident without being loud and brash.

Sillage: 4/5

Overall: 5/5 (because it's so original)

smora
smora

This Noir is noir. Dark, dusky Habit Rouge of new millenium. Starts with cacophony of notes - light citruses, iris, rose... As time goes by it becomes refined, and characterized with duel of sweet vanilla and salty resins.
Very good, classic Tom Ford.

Rating: serious ****

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

I'm very surprised that no one has compared this to Lalique Pour Homme. To my nose, it has very similar accords, but TFN is possibly sweeter and more refined. The Lalique bottle is so much better and far less costly.
I just don't get comparisons to Habit Rouge at all. Maybe it's my nose that's out :-)

shivabglr
shivabglr

I love this sooo much!

my favorite perfume for men after DiorHommeIntense the original!

llburris
llburris

I thought I ordered Noir de Noir (unisex) and received Noir EDP (male). Gave it to a male friend of mine and he gave it back saying he thought it a little feminine for his tastes. So I tried it on myself. I can actually see me wearing this out late on a winters night. Love Tom Ford!!!

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

I'm surprised that the Eau de Parfume can be so weak...too weak...

The smell is really nice, but I wish that it last a little longer. After 20 minutes the smell is gone.

aqua_de_la_vita

After one year I finally picked up a 100ml bottle of Noir. The first time I tried I knew that this complex juice was worth every penny.
This exquisitely made fragrance has a robust aroma of amber with patucchli gives it a real attractive warm/herbal aromatic aroma. I sprayed it on my wrist and I want to keep smelling my wrist. This stuff is like caffeine...it awakens your senses. Vanilla and iris gives it a DESIRABLE aroma. For those who want floral notes, both rose and iris adds enough to balance the sweet notes.
Longevity and Silage is very high quality lasting well past 8hrs.
Finally opinion,
Whatever Tom touches it turns to gold. He's an amazing designer everything from clothes to high quality fragrance's refined. I first owned Grey Vetiver which I enjoy using during the summer months. Now I have Noir, everytime I wear this juice I'm always being complimented on how good I smell. Rating this is easy 9.5/10

Sergio14
Sergio14

Literally no punch, a weak Perfume on me. Use this if your a lwayer and want to spary it on you every Two to Three hours on you. Good Smell, really smells like business, I own and wear it to work, Buy again I dont Know but I don not regreat buying it.

cologne guy 2010
cologne guy 2010

I'm really glad I gave this one a try. From opening to the end, noir smelled beautiful. A mix of masculine scents with flowers mixed in. Noir lasted forever on me, too; 16+ hours, and things never last that long on me.
great fragrance.

Budman
Budman

Not a fan of Talc powder scents, and this is one of them. This one is mixed with a little spice and I got vanilla also, but the powder is there the whole time and while a very nice smelling scent for many I am sure, I personally find it not for me.

Even worse, my wife immedietely gave me "what are you wearing? Smells like old man" when I sampled this. And she hated it so much she had to roll windows down in car after, despite 100 degrees out. She said migraine.

dkny27
dkny27

What a killer scent.... Spice, followed closely by powdery iris and violets... Warm traces of amber. This would smell amazing on men, however, I have tried this again, for the second time and it just captures my attention.

Elegant, sophisticated, not the common scent that you detect on someone. The sillage is incredible, which adds to the allure of the fragrance. After all, who can resist something so good that wafts through the air..

Ferdinand66
Ferdinand66

Tom Ford's Noir is really a piece of work. If this perfume was created to reveal the nuance of Tom Ford, then he's got a lot going for him(and I'm guessing that he does..lol).
This is one of the most sensual, sexy(in a raw way) kind of frag that I have ever smelled, virile but in a soft & smooth way. This reminds me of two highly charged sweatful bodies going at it in the brink, if I may be so bold.
On first spritz the amber/patchouli accords keeps it balmy and warm while the floral accords of iris/rose & violets gives it a restraint powdery distinction.
The drydown is quite beautiful with that sensual sexy vibe still going on but it's more of a sweet-animalic soft sort of vibe with the compliments of resins and spices mixed in and the herbaceous accords keeping the whole composition warm and earthy.
The mysterious black flacon and the name of this other-worldly perfume fits with the juice it harnesses so well that I can't believe that this was a blind buy which I am so pleased that I did.
For me this is a special occasion fragrance. Something I would wear for an intimate evening with friends or a special someone. It's not too versatile though since it's more suited for cooler seasons but I think you can wear this also on cool summer evenings especially on those particular evenings when you know you've scored or you're going to.
Yeah, IMO this is a pretty raw'n sexy juice and I'm so glad to have it in my little collection. Love it!
*10 Mr. Ford!!

kimberlylizkennedy
kimberlylizkennedy

The initial nose hit is black pepper without the sneeze, mixed with rose and oppoponax...All three hit you at once dominated by the warm (ambery)pepper. Throughout the life of the scent it is very nice. I would even wear it lightly applied (female). I think it would be a great scent for an evening out on a cool night.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

Initially Noir smells like black orchid but same time blossoms into a patchouli rose scent.... Very middle eastern basically black orchid without chocolate and amped up patchouli

aimer
aimer

My dad got this one as a gift from one of his international Arabic students :-p So we had already expected this one to smell like those fragrances that has some sort of exotic arabian sensual spicey notes in it! :-p

I took a whiff of it! And damn but they don't smell too good in hot humid weathers I believe. Because the levels of spices that I am smelling in the humid hot here just makes them unbearable to the nose. Like a previous commenter mentioned, this is probably more suitable during long winter days instead.

First few minutes after a whiff spray: I can smell all the strong spices in it.

Five minutes after: It starts to smell strong pungent of a mix between the bottom notes only. Top notes and middles notes are scarcely there.

Ten minutes more: Strangely I'm starting to smell the flowers and other herbs in this top and middle notes, barely. But it leaves off a nice mellow mix of musky sweet and spicey smell as an overall after effect :-)

Good for those who likes spices and herbs and exoticness, but more preferrable to those living in places with 4 seasons, winter included! :D

Timetoski

This reminds me of a Balenciaga Paris for men (should one exist)!

Timetoski

This reminds me of a Balenciaga Paris for men (should one exist)!

veies.rr
veies.rr

Noir is one of my favourite fragrances. It is a sophisticated fragrance for a guy who wants something different. The scent is a mix of oriental, flowery and powdery notes but it remains manly. In my view a perfect fragrance for the evening when the days are getting shorter and colder. For an EDP I regret though that the longevity and silage are rather average. I have the feeling that I have lost the scent for 80% after 4 hours. Tom Ford please do something about it?

shelbyemoore
shelbyemoore

I've been trying every masculine perfume I can get my hands on since I was 16. Unfortunately, when I wear most feminine perfumes, it mixes oddly with my body chemistry and ends up smelling like candy, so I've been raiding my dad's fragrance collection and hitting up Sephora's men's section for years. Finally, the Winter of 2012, I found this gem. It smells great in the bottle, better on the skin, and best after it settles for a while. I generally spritz it on after I've dried off from my morning shower and stand around naked until my hair and makeup are done before putting my clothes on to give it ample time to temper into my gorgeous signature scent.

It's definitely powdery on me, but I can definitely pick up more on the woodiness and the muskiness of it rather than the floral some people are getting. Once it settles, I can't smell the rose at all which is a bit disappointing since I love a well done rose. I can definitely get the rose when my mom wears it, though.

I tried to get into Tom Ford's other fragrances, particularly Black Orchid and two of his other men's fragrances but found them to come out smelling too harsh and sweet on me like most other fragrances.

The price wasn't too bad either considering the prices of other fragrances I'd been sampling when I came across Noir. I was a bit put off by the name and the packaging to be honest (and I'm a total packaging whore--most of the things I own are purely for the packaging. I was so hoping this was in a bottle like Black Orchid, Violet Blonde, etc. but of course not), but I got over it when I smelled it on myself. But seriously. The name. Everyone has a Noir. Why not be a bit more clever? I mean, God. He's in a creative field and can't even come up with a proper name for a fragrance (let's not get into the horrible, run-of-the-mill names he gives his cosmetics--Ice Queen quad??? Scarlet Rouge lipstick??? That's like Red Red. Kind of like Moon Moon the freaking wolf. How idiotic can you get???).

It's also definitely my everyday fragrance for Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter, Day/Night, etc. I would wear this to school as well as on a date. Hell, I wear it to bed some nights after a stressful day.

Overall, I think it's a perfect fragrance for a 20-something woman like myself, but I'm not sure if I'd like it on my boyfriend. Probably because after so long, I equate it to me, myself, and I, but I think it would do well on men as well. Plus it doesn't turn into a bowl of Skittles on my skin thank God. It's definitely an A for Tom in my book! Now, it would be an A+ if the name and packaging weren't freaking terrible...

badri
badri

lovely soft powdery scent .
good longevity on my skin .

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

Powdery but you will love it; reminds me of M7 Yves St Laurent.

above all; very manly!

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Here's the thing... This is a pure winter smell and I'll tell you why!

I tested this today... It was hot outside and humid, and I couldn't stand it's opening. It was too much! I was like Uuughh!! What's this. I waited until I got a vanillic drydown with some resinous ingredients reminiscent in a very weird way to that dark vanilla present in Shalimar!

The drydown was good... But, compared to shalimar it was nothing!

I came here ready to press the dislike button, when I see I already rated this perfume with "Love it"! Then I remembered sampling this one before, back when it was colder and I remember it was a great perfume, dark and mysterious!

So, I came to the conclusion that this perfume is only wearable in the cold season! I must be so smart! LOL

marioslg3

That is a great classy perfumes for those who appreciate work of art!
High quality ingredients, reasonable price for what you get and outstanding sillage and longevity. Thank god that masses have no sense of what a real perfume is!
Cousin of Habit Rouge/Shalimar, masculine patchouli and rose, spicy vanilla and iris, warm civet giving deapth to the florals, pure Guerlainide accords and the result is one of the best realeases of 2012!!!
Only for those that want something unique in our days, something to stay away from crowd, something to smell like a classic man....

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

Let's see...for some reason I've always passed by this one while visiting the local Sephora. However, I did manage to pick-up a few samples that I have tucked-away for later review. Anyway, I tried this the other night and, at first sniff, I picked-up amber, spice and iris. Nice, I like!...and especially when a pleasant vanilla/woody vibe started to develop.

Of course, my other immediate thought was powder, which generally meets with my disapproval, but in this case it somehow works...until the rose shows-up. I'm sorry but rose always reminds me of my grandmother and her gaggle of rose-scented friends. Although it's subtle...a rose is a rose. In the end, I though it was quality juice but not my style - although I can see why others may love this fragrance.

Renato
Renato

It has good lasting power, easily lasting over 8 hours on me. That said, I was scratching my head for the first couple of hours - Noir smelled like a feminine scent to me, not overly feminine, but still feminine. I asked my wife what she thought, masculine or feminine? No hesitation on her part, to her it was unambiguously feminine.

After four or five hours, I think it turns to a pleasant enough scent, but I wouldn't wear because of the first hours.
Regards.

pronose
pronose

a classy scent and it remind me Antaeus by channel and zino by davidoff!

scentence
scentence

A Lot of people like perfumes that 'shout' well I can understand their hate for TFN cos this one 'whispers', We know that the fat price tags on TF products is more for the brand name than the actual worth but that aside Noir is a nice smelling fragrance that represents how a male scent should be mellow in projection, it takes a matured perfume user to understand the concept behind this soft (not feminine) and classy scent. Certainly has Guerlainade in its DNA. If you like to wear a scent that does'nt give you uneccessary attention but makes you smell and feel classy,try this one.

JaiTee
JaiTee

Noir makes me think of Shalimar. But while Shalimar is mysterious, exotic, and a beauty on a pedestal, Noir is the boy next door who is unaware of how attractive he is.

Noir makes me want to sit closer, to touch his arm when he talks, to look into his eyes and think, "I knew there was something about him when we first met years ago."

i got a bottle as a gift and i didnt like it at first. was too powdery,so i decided to experiment by adding some heavier notes. one spray of NOIR and one of TOBACCO OUD..... and the combo was good. it had balance.

estewart51
estewart51

Absolutely love this fragrance. A bit powerful right out of the gate but power meets pleasant after the opening. I don't really get the Vanilla but the Amber is very apparent. Also has decent longevity as well, especially for you night owls (which is when I'd wear this) Can't see this as an in the office fragrance for myself. With that said I totally recommend Noir.

Love it!

Jassar
Jassar

Amazing scent. Extremely smooth and refined. One of those scents that have no sharp pungent notes.

mmagri08
mmagri08

Smells a bit like Shalimar. Must be the Opoponax note.

the_new_esta
the_new_esta

For Men??? Gosh I was just about to buy this (female). It smells like a black forest cake.
Reminds me of something but I just can't remember what!

ma_ma
ma_ma

True story: I have sampled this 3 days ago and I can still smell it on my hand, and after 2 showers!! if this is the actual quality of the fragrance, and not just the tester (I'm just suspecting), then this stuff is extremely long lasting with a great projection. My wife kept telling me that I smell really good.

To me this is very classy, elegant, creamy and dark.

It is not my style, but I'm very impressed and really appreciate the high quality of it. If you love classic, mature fragrances, you will adore this.

landon1
landon1

tried this after i got a sample and i can honestly say its GROSS. peperry baby wipes. i had 3 people at work ask if i had baby wipes on me. it seriously smells like black licorice/baby wipes/pepper.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

When I first sprayed Noir on the tester strip at sephora the first thing that came to my mind was "I have smelled this before".. But I could not figure out what it was, and than it came to me, Burberry Brit! Well recently I happened to get my hands on a bottle of Noir and I am happy that I did.. I do not really see much of a similarity with Prada Amber Intense at all, they do not smell much alike.. After having used Noir on my skin and spending a little bit of time with it, I can say that it is similar to Brit but not as much as I originally thought.. Noir is more complex and a lot better quality than Brit.. Noir opens up with a nice fresh powdery blast that tingles the senses.. The verbena is prominent in the opening and gives Noir a somewhat fresh opening.. Than the spices, florals, herbs, and resins flood in and warm everything up! I can detect almost all the notes above, but this fragrance has so much going on that it is hard to describe.. Noir is very powdery and a bit mature, but it smells sexy.. There is some gorgeous resinous notes and some beautiful florals.. There is also a slight animalic vibe, probably from the leather and civet.. Once I really experienced Noir I also began to see a similarity to the classic Guerlain fragrance Habit Rouge.. Noir really does smell like a darker more modern version of Habit Rouge.. I really like Noir a lot more than I thought I would.. I do not know why it is receiving so many negative reviews.. Yes, it does not smell so unique being that there are fragrances out there that smell similar, but Noir is a great smelling complex fragrance and the quality is outstanding.. Noir smells very sexy, classy, mysterious, mature and just damn sexy! Great fragrance! This is groundbreaking compared to 99% of the other fragrances on the shelves at sephora.. I think Tom Ford did a great job with this fragrance.. I will continue to get to know Noir better..

dbrii24
dbrii24

I'm a woman and I love wearing TF- Noir. I'm a huge FORD fan and I have a hard time disliking anything the man puts on the market, but this is so sexy to me. Taboo even. On me it's very animalistic without being dirty or rank. If it were an animal it would be a panther; hidden, watching its prey and preparing to strike. It's a luscious blend of patchouli, amber, vanilla, civet, leather and florals. Very sensual and intriguing. FB worthy!

marioslg3

A fantastic classic release away from 1 million aquatics and blue de chanel...
Has that classic powerhouse aura of luxury and uniqueness...strongly reminds habit rouge and shalimar but is more up to date.
Strong patchouli note supported by vanilla, rose, resins and some civet....outstanding release at a reasonable price.

alberto1964
alberto1964

...it's only a soft version of black orchid.

lilinah
lilinah

I have a very different response to this than many others. I had tried Violet Blond and was considering buying it, but on me it was very weak and powdery - and i am not a fan of powdery smells. On me Violet Blond smells like baby wipes, expensive baby wipes.

Then i tested TF Noir - and i have been wearing it for several days straight. It is an oriental - and i am a pushover for orientals. It is spicy, floral, and only a little sweet. The vanilla is not dominant - and that's a good thing. I love vanilla in the Guerlinade, but cannot stand all those girly perfumes that smell like vanilla cookies, and this is not just another boring gourmand. True, it is gentler than some orientals, it doesn't have to prove it is a MAN.

While there's citrus in the mix, the bergamot doesn't stink as it does in so many men's colognes. I am sooo tired of that same old ozonic/aquatic + bergamot that passes for men's cologne from both expensive high end and cheap drug store brands. It was revolutionary once, but that was a few decades ago. Now it's boring.

There's plenty of amber, styrax, and benzoin in there with the vanilla. But i would have preferred more vetiver and more leather in the base notes

TF Noir is more of an old-fashioned men's cologne (in a good way), from 100 years ago, when men didn't have to smell conventionally "manly", as too often they do today.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Love @ fist sniff!...I love everything about powdery scents && this exudes everything I love!...It's has a punch but then it mellos, it's spicy but soft...It's fresh & powdery It has a vintage-esque quality to where it kinda reminds me of a men's aftershave combined with your aunts perfume...which I LOVE! babywipes?!...yea its powdery...but babywipes...no don't listen to these people. Longevity is on point, Sillage is yes! Can't wait to own this, it'll be my lil present to myself this x-mas, new winter scent treat. <3 :)

Overall: 10/10

Mreman07
Mreman07

I tried this out at the store, came home, girlfriend said I smelled like a hamster cage.......

I'm guessing she was picking up on the civet.

tucktimosprime
tucktimosprime

Got a tester of this and it smells exactly like Paul smith man,,try for yourself,it only costs about £15 for 30 MLS of Paul smith man,,,save your money,unless your a collector,and have to have the bottle...

Scentsofwellbeing
Scentsofwellbeing

OOPS!

Even someone as brilliant as Tom Ford can still make bad fragrances.

This fragrances starts off powdery and becomes really creamy and eventually you are left with the dry down smell of baby wipes.

Yes, you heard me correctly..

This smells exactly like baby wipes. It has that pungent baby powder smell that lingers for an hour or so and you smell like baby wipes.

I wore a sample of this and someone asked me if I had rubbed Johnsons baby oil on my skin.

That pretty much sums it up!

Marciu
Marciu

Another Tom Ford's fragrance that I'm testing and... Well for now I have mixed feelings about it...

First spray on my arm and... The SA asked me if I like it. I couldn't tell her, because I didn't know what to say actually.

Not looking into the notes, I was trying to sniff out the notes. I guessed there must be quite big amount of dried fruits and then... BANG! I felt a hit of powdery iris into my nosthrills. It must be here, 'cause it reminds me of that famous Dior Homme's lipstick, but in a different way. Here it's powdery-floral, not powdery-gourmandish. Base notes are woody-aromatic, I'd say...

Actually, only the base notes of this remind me a little bit of kind of soap. I get that soapiness, no idea where from.

If I had to say something about it, I'd say it's a pass. Maybe Ford's mainstream fragrances are just not for me?

UPDATE: There is surely a detectable amount of civet to my nose. Can't say it stinks, but I can feel it, oh yes. I guess without it Noir would be too sweet.

corrado
corrado

This stands to habit rouge as grey vetiver stands to vetiver guerlain.
May be even better than HR, as composition (not sure for ingredients)

HAL9000
HAL9000

Completely agree with Stephaniejanef. If you like this, just get right to the point and spring for TF's Noir de Noir. This is a very weak version of NdeN on application, then deteriorates into nothingness. Smells like a barbershop to me. This, vs NdeN, which envelopes, morphs and seduces.

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

I really wanted to love this fragrance. I tested it many times, I talked about its components with sales assistants all over the world. I was sold on the marketing, on the product, on the message it wanted to send out, but no. It is a definite no. It starts out pleasantly but turns into a powdery mess. No offense, but guys! Try the private collection before buying this! Try Noir de noir, if you want to feel mysterious, it still has the "noir" concept but it is a whole different scent!

My favourite of the Tom Ford fragrances I've tried. (Excluding private blend naturally) I bought it immediately and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Sure it's expensive but I felt a compulsion and I don't regret it!
It is very dark, sexy, sweet, creamy, spicy...it's as simple as that.
It has the very slight initial musty note of something like Dior Homme, not that it's a similar scent but of the same ilk, dressy, nighttime kinda vibe.
It's pretty short lived and stays close to the skin after being quite pungent for the first hour or so...nevertheless it's adorable and I highly recommend it.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

This indeed reminds me of a spicier sweeter Strictly Private, you can definatley detect the similarities. The only difference comes with the iris on the top, otherwise if you like Baldesarinnis Strictly Private, you are more or less gonna like this too. Its longevity and silage are all above average, I like to think its an edp concentration but I guess maybe its just the good quality ingredients. Either way its a good fragrance, but the price? Well thats always debatable with TF fragrances. All in all, this is a damn good one for winter/Fall.

SDVHC
SDVHC

Many expensive and none complex... is a good perfume, a pleasant dark fragrance but without nuance. Mononote.

Bad rapport quality/price; I'm not too sure to recommended the purchase at the regular T. Ford prices......

aqua_de_la_vita

After sampling this frag in the store, I wasn't sold on it so I checked the reviews. I read some reviews and I can understand their point of view on those who found it too expensive and too sweet.
Some get turned off when a men's cologne's, EDT and rarely EDP is too sweet. Generally men's products traditionally have been more spicy and musky and very rare sweet.
I to also found it too sweet. After 15-20min later the aroma of vanilla/balsam combined with patchouli and caraway settles I found it more balanced with floral notes of Iris and rose coming through. The notes of both pepper's with amber and leather give it that slightly spicy base with warm tone.
The two notes which I'm not able to detect is verbena (lemon) and vetiver. This frag is best during the fall/winter days or evening's for special occasion or party's and the aroma attracts good attention.

Overall opinion,
In more recent times citrus notes have played a major roll in changing what men like and what woman enjoy when their most significant other is wearing.
If you put aside your personal opinion, you might be able to appreciate what Tom Ford has done. He has stepped out of the "norm" or the square box to stretch the bounders when he created this frag.
This isn't a frag that everyone is going to fall in love with immediately, but you could appreciate that this frag's longevity and Sillage is rated higher due to the quality. Most generic frag won't last as long nor will they be as unique as this frag is.
Longevity 8-10
Sillage 6-10
Aroma 7-10
Originality 9-10

I personally enjoy this frag, but it isn't suitable at the work place. I would be using it sparingly so I'm not sure if I would drop big coins when I don't use it as often as I would like to.

Finally 8/10... after awhile I might consider buying it.

miticothor
miticothor

Yes, good! I think it is a more refined version - especially in the drydown - of Dior Homme Intense! Unfortunately don't last; anyway, thumbs up!

houstcs

So this is possibly my favorite scent so far. I bought prada amber pour homme intense as a back up. After having used both for a while I actually find them very distinct past the first 15 minutes. Both are beautiful in their own way, but not actually that similar. My take is that there are lots of things to hate or love about this, or any parfume. If you don't like powder, don't wear it. If you don't like insence don't wear it, and so on. However, these notes combine to form a perfect blend of the listed notes. If you aren't a powder person, sample the prada amber pour homme instead, you may find that more enjoyable. Noir will sneak attack you all day, very high quality.

sergified
sergified

This was a blind buy on ebay for me. Barely used bottle for well below half of the price. The reviews seemed to be hit or miss on here but i decided to take a chance since it is TF. It defintley reminds me of Burberry Brit but I find this to be way more floral and feminine. It is a very nice fragrance though not what I was expecting considering all the hype I read about Tom Ford fragrances (I haven't smelled his other stuff yet). I don't think this deserves the high price it demands as it is really safe and "pretty". This will definitely be a winter scent for me.

EDIT: After wearing it for a day I got a really bad headache. It smells nice but yikes. One spray might be all you need...

mrs2241
mrs2241

من با توجه به نظر یکی از دوستان تو این سایت،تمایلی به داشتن این کار نداشتم تا اینکه چند روز پیش هدیه به من دادن...
کار واقعا شیک و با وقاریه...اوایلش خیلی شبیه به "پور آن هوم"و"کاوالی بلک" هست اما به مرور خیلی جذاب و جذابتر میشه ،البته اینجا "بوشهر" به دلیل رطوبت هوا عطر هایی که حاوی تنباکو و توتون -پچولی-بنفشه-رز-عنبرومشک وعودهست به شدت جواب میده...مثل :
Velvet Patchouli Dolce&Gabbana
پیشنهاد میکنم اصلش رو تست کنید
ماندگاری و پخش خیلی خوبی هم داره،گرچه عطر وحشی نیست!!!دوسش دارم من

awesomejimmyb
awesomejimmyb

love it, it seems to change its scent every half an hour its on my skin, lasts for up to 10 hours (with no major physical activity).
One of the samples i tried at Selfridges didn't smell as good for some reason, but i brought one anyway and straight out of the box it was excellent

houstcs

Best opening in any parfume. I would still wear this if it had a dry down of feces.

ularewolf
ularewolf

While I own PAPHI, I see some similarities but nothing as much as I was expecting. PAPHI is soapy green in the beginning whereas TFN is powdery with a slightly dirty patchouli vibe. I think they become more similar at the far dry-down but they are distinctively different.

So far I feel Noir actually has a better projection, judging off a sample I have. I may pick this one up shortly.

MrClements
MrClements

Very light and powdery making it easy as a daytime fragrance. I really like the simplicity of it.

harlemmal
harlemmal

This is avery dark powdery scent. I love it. Reminds me of bond no 9 success is a job. Longevity and sillage are excellent.

meama
meama

146) Habit Noir
Black is a creation of the French Nose Olivier Gillotin, the same who created Tobacco Vanille.
As it was also the best selling Olivier Gillotin was called again by TF to create Black.
TF suppressed Bois Rouge (by David Apel) in the exclusive collection for restart it improved in its normal range (the cheaper one). Red Wood was a U.S. version of Habit Rouge by Guerlain, Black will be a version of this version ... what the hell would I want to say!.
Always these 3 TF favorite notes vanilla, patchouli, amber. Lascivious and languid perfume, which clearly plays in the register of an explicit seduction. It is both comfortable, almost already classic and obvious beauty.
In fact, Tom Ford has launched one of the best Guerlain of recent years, along with a beautiful masculine scent! comfortable, dense and rich.
I have more trouble with copyright.

alisaeed
alisaeed

عطر .. رجولي .. فاخر .. للشخصية المتألقة ..
اهم شي .. ان يكون القلب ابيض ونظيف .. فلا فائدة من الاستمتاع والقلب أسود .

...
علي الزهراني . من السعودية..
...

Ovrnightr
Ovrnightr

This is my first real "scrubber" perfume, and I so badly wanted to like it. The bottle is beautiful, the ad campaign is sexy; the fragrance, however, just fell so short of my expectations. I really love Tom Ford's line, particularly Black Orchid. Noir is certainly fresh and powdery, as others have said, but those notes in combination with a deep muskiness really turned me off. One thing I should mention, the opening--and I mean the VERY opening when it's still wet on the skin--is beautiful with almost a fresh-aquatic character. I'm not going to write it off entirely, and I will continue to sample it, but I will strongly advise those intending to "blind-buy" this to try it out first. It wasn't what I expected, unfortunately. (The same can all be said for Prada pour Homme Intense, they're remarkably similar)

vitilsky
vitilsky

Iris is disgusting to the point of throwing up on this one.

Brockington90
Brockington90

Tom FORD = PRADA AMBER INTENSE! Simple..very simple dark,Subdue ,mysterious scent.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

Charisma in a bottle! I love Tom Ford Noir. Classy and elegant with style and sophistication. I wore this in a chalet whilst on a sking trip. Sitting around a fire with very cool friends. Everyone said that TFN warmed the room up with infectious aromers of dark chocolate, stark vanila and liquor. It sent a wave of seduction through the room and everyone was cosy. A real gentleman's perfume.

zouz123
zouz123

Didn't like it..wasted my money on something wayy overrated. Gave it to my grandfather and he liked it

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is extremely manly. No citrus in here. Great for night time use. This is a strong scent. It is powdery, woody, musky, dark. It's also elegant and mysterious. There is a tiny bit of amber in there. The opening is very strong, so one must wait for the transformation of this scent. The dry down is powdery and spicy. If this was mixed with maybe "Neroli Portofino" it would bring out some citrus to it, making it a more wearable scent for summer. Try it.

carera
carera

i have sniff it mmmm nice but also i have smell some similarity with old jacqus faith.

tolgaselcuk
tolgaselcuk

not the best from TF for sure...
it starts very promising but i definetely can say that the dry down for TF noir is not pleasing at all..
masculine nice powdery note all the way,with iris & little vanilla ...
smells almost perfect on clothes much better than on skin...

dont expect to get a rich pyramide of notes from this one,because it almost continues the same way it starts,no changes,no games of notes ..but again an unpleasent dry down..an ok longevity..

reminds me habit rouge and interestingly grey flannel also...
against all odds,
the start of this TF noir catches me and I just like it for that...

- annoying cap & fingerprint problem for the bottle..

CDGfan

persefoni, no fragrance house uses real civet, they all use CIVETONE , a chemical substitute .

tjbrosch
tjbrosch

Bought it, wearing it, loving it. Whoever said it's not unique, I disagree. It's one of those colognes that sticks to you. Very little goes a long way and lasts a long time. The violet note is intense and lasts forever.

iamfcon
iamfcon

@persefoni - Deer Musk glands have been used for god knows how long in fragrances already, and "Musk" itself is pretty much a common word referring to exactly that scent taken from that animal's glands. I don't see a high time anytime soon.

4xxx4
4xxx4

this one is little like habit rouge and little like narciso rodriguez for him....but it s just my opinion.. i m not saying that i hate this scent, but it s weird and that s for sure....

UPDATE- finally i know, what this scent reminds me of.....it s Musc Ravageur Frederic Malle ....

grdowntown2020
grdowntown2020

I say you have to give this one time to settle. When I first applied it, the cologne smell like someone had urinated in my grandmother's power of "Evening in Paris," which smells bad. Over time the fragrance opens up and becomes less powdery, more spicy with maybe a hint of vanilla. It was like Mr. Ford myself was licking my gayboy skin. Definitely an evening cologne and not workplace friendly. (Is there such a thing as a workplace friendly cologne nowadays?)

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE the test strip! I think it might be something women can wear too. At first sniff it reminds me of Stetson but in the highest and most refined way... Wow! I'd LOVE to test it and see how it develops on me...

RichiLew
RichiLew

To my nose this smells great but it didn't work well at work. I got complaints that it was too strong and it smelled feminine. Be careful not to over apply this as the projection is beast. Overall I love it and will wear it again but sparingly.

suhaesa
suhaesa

something reminds me f the cheaper oriental notes smelled at small allies in spice and perfume old markets but the problem is that its synthetic ..the synthetic version of those oils cheap amber cheap woods cheap bergamot and lots of pepper that makes things even worse..powdery ..aromatic nutmeg is making it smell like indian incense being burnt in temples it smells as if its a base for a perfume without the extra dimensions of top and middle notes its too earthy musky..dirty..strong in a weak way...another perfume that might smell awesome on some people and might smell horrid on others i think its the kind of scent that would smell wonderful on darker tanned men ,,

GMK
GMK

Undoubtedly Tom Ford has managed to create some of the very good fragrances but i dont know why he has been persistently experimenting, dont know its only me or some body else has noticed that this brand is focusing more on being inspired rather than being innovative as a result i find Noir which is definetely inspired by classic habit rouge and dior homme intense(both i love).

The fragrance it self is definitely feminine , imposing it to be masculine , nothing new , nothing original but a sweet candy (amber overdosed.)...

save your money

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

Very interesting scent! I think this is the best release from the last year's men releases! YES, powdery and flowery - but: in a very sophisticated, masculine way. I get the rose, the vetiver and almost all the notes during the 10-12 hours that this beauty spends on my skin! For me, this is a modern gentlemen-scent. Perfect for special occasions and when you want to impress people. Wear it with courage and confidence! Even macho guys have a sensitive side! :)

vergil_s
vergil_s

اصلا پیشنهاد نمیکنم که این عطر تام فورد رو بخرید.
یه عطر شرقی و کاملا عربی پسند.
من رو کاملا یاد وقتی که عربستان بودم از بین عرب ها رد میشدم انداخت.
شاید کیفیت بالایی داشته باشه اما به هیچ وجه مورد پسند سلیقه ی من قرار نخواهد گرفت.
اصلا از برند تام فورد انتظار همچین کار چیپی رو نداشتم.
فقط بخاطر بازار فروش تو عرب ها بوده این کار.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

I rarely buy a fragrance from a Dept Store as I like to satisfy my fragrance addiction with a good deal online. I tested this at the Tom Ford counter and was hooked immeadiately. I love the sharpness and spice at first sniff. It is a heavy hitter to start and as advised by the TF sales associate she said 2 pumps of the sprayer will be enough as it is Eau de Parfum. I get strong woodiness and a powdery finish right through the day. It is very spicy to start and it does dry down to a long lasting peppery, floral scent. It lasts forever on me and even with 2 sprays I get wafts of this all day long. The bottle is clean cut and simple. A good buy for me, I will use it for evenings out for dinner or a party.

dollastx
dollastx

Went to Nordstrom and sprayed on paper. I couldn't get over the fact that it smelled so familiar to me. I was thinking and smelling and smelling and thinking, and I got similarity to M7. It is a Tom Ford fragrance after all. ( the original, not reformulated) Maybe its just me...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

It goes on smelling of bitter dark chocolate and dried down smelling like mud. So, basically, on me it's chocolate mud. I don't like it at all. My wife, however, does. I don't see what she sees (smells) in it.

An overpriced mess.

raw umber
raw umber

Tom Ford Noir is the scent of being an outsider. It is walking in steel-toe leather boots through an industrial park where large gates and fences prevent you from seeing which materials are being stored and manufactured.

It is heat rising off the tracks as you wait for the commuter train to pick you up in Newark.

It's Summer Sun on a tar roof of a house across the street from an Exxon Mobile refinery sans the sulfur.

It's masculine in a Werner Herzog kind of way, which is not to say he would wear it, (I don't think he would), but he might make a movie about a place that smelled from it.

It is salty, oily, black rubber (maybe a dark purple that looks black) with chemical heat and the sparkle of minerals. It has a sweetness that is suspicious, like an otherworldly stench floating down-wind from a factory.

It has fantastic sillage and lasts forever. In fact, it will probably still be here long after we are all gone. It's almost a sentimental fragrance in that way.

It's memorable and surreal, like Winter train tracks in the distance, that lead to a depressed town in Connecticut, where once there was a thriving port, but now there is only the Coast Guard,a few dive bars, and a nuclear sub base.

ScottyVizz
ScottyVizz

A more refined Burberry Brit. Lasts forever too. Beautiful smell.

midiaaudioevideo
midiaaudioevideo

This TF Noir reminds me initially with Dior Homme Intense. But have more power with floral notes.

faisal20
faisal20

Very powdery ... Last note is like Marshmallows ... sweet and light

Radiation
Radiation

Does this smell like Burberry Brit? To me the real question is 'what's the difference between Noir and Brit?' The answer is not much. A slight incense vibe to it, but baby powder Brit covers it up enough that I honestly doubt I could tell the difference between the two. Tonka, vanilla, florals, powder. All present in both. The rest are shades of grey. Not a good scent for a man IMO.

Oh a few more observations. Is it a fad or does every single fragrance list bergamot as a note? Same to a lesser degree with pepper, there is none here of either. Sorry

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Has a Barbershop, Brut vibe to me for some reason. I do get some of the same notes as Prada A.P.H.I. Smells all right, doesnt come off as a tf scent to me really.

groovysilversurfer
groovysilversurfer

Simply put to me this smells like a designer version of Noir de Noir.

renoir
renoir

Top notes are very nice, so are the middle notes, definately a sophisticated blend. However, once it cools down to the basenotes, oooh boy, I just can't stand it!! The vanilla with the civet and a liquoricey smell, probably from the caraway is just cloying and nausiating. Don't get me wrong I use three of the strongest Tom Ford blends: Tuscan Leather, Bois Morrocaine and Black Violet, I also love Italian Cypress but I just hated Noir..

dooli
dooli

Jus smelled this one at nordstroms. First impression was, This is a powdery mess... Smells very similar to Burburry Brit, but this one has less rose in it... Smells like baby powder mixed with woman's make up powder. The kind of powder your grandma puts on her face every morning.

Bbjr
Bbjr

I know there's a lot of negative reviews on this one but I like it. Very masculine with only a touch of powder. I can detect the slightest bit of civet but I like it overall.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

I got a lot of compliments while wearing a sample of this frag... Seems that many girls love this... However I just don't get it. The scent is just a terrible mess IMO, it smells unachieved. And overpowering incense gives me headaches. It then becomes vanillish and uninteresting. Furthermore, it is a "déjà vu" scent. Nothing really innovative here. It smells like Habit Rouge. If you're looking for a real sexy, dirty scent, go grab a sample of M7 for example.

BTW, the price of that stuff definetely disgusted me, just because it's Mr Ford's EDP doesn't mean it's better made than other "mainstream" EDTs... And yet people think that if it's more expensive, there should be a reason, and they still buy it. You can get almost the same frag for nearly half the price, the 115 euros / 100 ml just can't be jusitfied here. Overall, I'm disappointed. For me this is just an overpriced, unfinished, boring frag. Next !

twlahue
twlahue

Reminds me of Dior homme intense, but with more florals up top.

GS_K
GS_K

It has a beautiful start, sensual and modern, not absolutely like Habit Rouge and not in the same category: Habit Rouge is a top class IMO.
in the drydown you can smell amber, then civet and then vanille.
It's much loved by women.
Poor sillage with average longevity.
It has water has second ingredient after alcool, meaning that it's not much concentrated, but this is what mainstream want: light fragrance.
It's 16% fragrance compared to 24-26% of private labels
It's original well combined, complex and superb on paper but like other tom ford for men frags it doesn't develop fully cause it's too watery.
overpriced like any other tom ford perfumes.
Nice to have it but i will probably not buy it again.

onixx
onixx

Does this not remind anyone else of Dior Homme Intense??

marekkalinowski
marekkalinowski

hate it,hate it hate it.
this is the first EVER fragrance that i had to wash off after 30 min, could not get rid of the smell.
God i had such hight expectations . what a disappointment
so sorry Tom Ford . I do really love nearly all of your creations ,but this one - no no no
try before you buy it!

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

Smelling this all day from a sample vial. Very nice, modern mens musky, powdery, patchouly fragrance. A little wood, lots of herbals, some resin. Overall, a nice fragrance. This falls into the category of fougere but is close to a woody oriental. There's nothing ground-breaking or magical happening here, but we can't expect magic on every release.

Please don't review things you have not smelled. That's just ridiculous.

Don't compare unless you have a bottle of each on hand to compare side-by-side, otherwise you're just comparing scents to memories.

Not ever fragrance released is going to smell unique and different. In fact, very few will.

Using price to determine whether something is good or not is just dumb.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Tom Ford and his designer line also deserves attention of discerning collectors.
Noir is a well-crafted work, oriental and dark, a blend of patchouli-vanilla-amber with a interesting animalic touch. Has a discrete floral tones allies, it´s an almost linear fragrance and has similarities with excelents fragrances, like Habit Rouge and Prada Amber Intense, so he is great perfume.

scottsb
scottsb

Tried it at Lord and Taylor and thought it smelled great on the sample card, so I sprayed my wrist to see how it lasted. By half-way home I couldn't wait to wash it off. All the initial complexity broke down into a strong projection of baby powder--not what I'm looking for in a men's cologne.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Very nice. Reminds me of a more modern Guerlain Heritage, perhaps with a bit of the original M7 mixed in. Very modern masculine, yet it can easily be worn by a woman--particularly here in the UAE. Best for cold nights on the town.

Zito87
Zito87

IMO this one is a modern version of Habit Rouge, but instead a citrus top notes, we have a soapy vibe, and in the base it's more oriental than Habit Rouge EDT last formulation. I wouldn't buy it because I adore HR, but this is not bad, it's a good fragrance by Tom Ford, longevity is about 8-10 hours and silage is quite good too.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

I just tried this today and i dont understand why so many negative reviews.
Its an ok,pleasant smell.Yes its not so complex frag as the other tom fords ones but i think its a pretty noir and mysterious smell
The only bad is longetivity...I got 4 hous on this one.
Its pricey for what it offers...
Ill pick it up on discounts for sure...
Overall score:7/10

mynameischarlie
mynameischarlie

I smelled this the other day in the mall and thought it smelled great but it smelled a whole lot like something I've smelled before. Then I realized it smelled a whole lot like an updated version of Giorgio Beverly Hills VIP Special Reserve, which at one time was one of my favorite frags. If I didn't already own VIP I would have easily bought Noir.

Lazaro
Lazaro

a love letter....from a prince.....the perfect compositions of orgasmix ingredients...and the face of a gentleman in love....and in debt of himself...

moniote
moniote

HABIT ROUGE and LUI de Rochas Look alike !
was it necessary.. ? time will tell..

fuggerone
fuggerone

not really bad, could have been great with less soapiness and more duration!

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Pleasant, but like many other reviewers have said, it lacks that zing, that originality that the Tom Ford Private Blends have. It layers nicely with private blend Bois Morocain in my opinion but Noir is too weak to stand on its own.

jude1321
jude1321

Just got a whiff of this juice. Very very high quality and smells terrific. It is indeed linear and smells some like like some other Noirs (Black) but just a little higher quality. Probably not worth the cash, but you will like this stuff. I know some say it is unisex, but I think it is actually pretty masculine. For the best Black I have smelled, try Cavalli Black, pretty scent that Noir, but not quite as high quality.

Arbre Amer
Arbre Amer

After having read so many positive reviews by respectable bloggers I couldn't wait to try this. I did and I must say I didn't understand what all the fuss was about. It is not a bad fragrance but nothing spectacular either. I don't see the point in going into the notes in detail. A decent opening but not groundbreaking, a pleasant enough heart but not of particular character and a base that is not too common for modern perfume but reminds several colognes from the 80's. I think this new creation attempts to appear cutting edge by doing extreme retro instead. Not sure this is a good strategy but sometimes it works.

There are three major let-downs as far as I am concerned:

a. The bottle is one of the cheapest and ugliest I have ever seen. Looks 1000000 times better in ads than it actually feels in reality and the cap doesn't sit firm on the top but rather revolves freely.
b. It doesn't feel deep or dark or dirty or intriguing enough to be called noir. Especially the fresh opening is way too bright. The "texture" is light-airy-powdery when it should be balmy-velvety-animalic. I wished for some dirt when I wore this.
c. Projection is not what I was expecting. It doesn't envelop you. It is persistent but seems like it is stuck on the skin. As it settles it turns thinner instead of richer

In general, not a bad fragrance but the price is quite higher than most mainstream fragrances (in fact I think it is the most expensive masculine I have tested in Sephora). I would rather spend that amount on a niche creation with a more distinctive feel.

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

OMG. This is the most worse Scent ever made by the Estee Lauder Group with the Name of Mr. Ford.

It is just Youth Dew for men! On some guys that could work I guess.
On my skin it was kinda OK for the first 30 Minutes.
Accidently i left a Sample of it in my car.
On the next day driving to work I was shocked by the smell in my car.
Like old Herbcandy. Headache included.

A let down!*sigh* Hope the next one in the lower price range will be better then this :(

No rating yet...

iMaverick
iMaverick

High anticipation that this scent would smell like Habit Rouge. BIG DISAPPOINTMENT. Why? Because it smelled like Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, but in a weak and pallid way, call it an Eau de Parfum, and have the nerve to charge it one and a half times more than PAPHI. THE NERVE! I got slight touches of Habit Rouge, but nothing to compare HR's majesty. The sillage was all too delicate for me, not when it comes to creating a deep oriental. The base was the best part, cozy-cuddly vanilla, the right touch of resins, and a wisp of leather. BUT IT WAS WEAK AND PALE.

Grrrr! Oh, what a let down! A dagger right to my jugular. I feel duped because Tom Ford makes some good stuff, really good stuff. I feel like he was trying to be cheap with the fragrance, and have the nerve to charge for an EdP--and pricier than a bottle of Chanel Coco EdP, btw.

I guess I just have to let go about this. *sigh*

Jomoves
Jomoves

Tom Ford creates all these super strong and continental fragrances in his other lines, but the male fragrances are all just so crap! I tested this and it smells like the base used for many of his fragrances without all the extra layers and details that make his other scents so unique and tempting.

Tom, there are LOTS of men out there who are waiting for you to create something outstanding that will really smack our noses in the nuts!

simonwoody
simonwoody

This fragrance is very close to shalimar/eau de shalimar. It has the smokiness of original shalimar, and the medical smell in eau de shalimar, maybe its the patchouli. I would call it shalimar pour homme

Sacredsystem
Sacredsystem

Yes, I agree that this is like a modified and modern version of Habit Rouge. Noir is powdery, but not as dusty as HR with a beautiful and lingering violet/patchouli note. My wife loves it on me. It's not very original, but it is well done.

Shahz
Shahz

Checked this out at Selfridge's today. I sprayed at the sides of the neck and on the back of each hand. I must have spent about four hours plus with it.

Here goes:

A light powdery opening which grew in intensity. After a few minutes it smelled like Baby Powder Musk. This phase lasted around 45 minutes. Shortly after this the fragrance became extremely pleasant smelling like clothing which had been perfumed with incense smoke. Unfortunately this stage was very short-lived, and it broke down into a very generic powdery scent. It may just be the way it interacts with my body chemistry, but in the end this was an anti-climax after several weeks of excitement and anticipation. I can understand those who say it smells like Burberry Brit. It isn't really in the same league as the other Tom Ford Signature Men's fragrances namely Extreme, Grey Vetiver or Tom Ford for Men. It seems Tom intended to develop a fragrance for customers who may not really appreciate the aforementioned fragrances.

Do not blind buy.

crazyoney2k
crazyoney2k

i really love tom fords range my favorites being tobacco vanille and grey vetiver, i love noir is very gorgeous if it were a colour it would be black, its more sexual then gv and tv

People have been comparing Tom Ford NOIR to everything under the sun. What it is not at all is black. Upon initial application, I was reminded immediately of Le Labo POUDRE D'ORIENT, which is summed up as follows:

"Poudre D'Orient is an exotic aroma of violet leaf, patchouli, vanilla and suede musk."

Shortly after, however, NOIR began to seem like a jumbled mess to my nose. I do not smell any civet--not a single nanodrop--and I am wondering who does? What I kept thinking of during the mid-stage of this perfume was Diane von Furstenberg DIANE, which is a sort of "try to be all things to all sniffers" perfume and predictably fails at all (I believe that it has already been discontinued)....

Interestingly enough, by the drydown of NOIR, I find myself thinking of POUDRE D'ORIENT again. I predict market failure for NOIR, because for the period of time crucial to that all-important purchase decision at the counter, this fragrance seems more like a DIANE-type fragrance being marketed to men. Whenever a composition reminds everyone of everything, there is a basic identity problem. In the end, the one perfume which NOIR really does smell like, to my nose (and one other reviewer below, evilspin, agrees), for most of its life, is the limited edition Anthropologie-Le Labo collaborative launch, POUDRE D'ORIENT.

I think that the Le Labo is a better perfume, so I'd say that anyone who likes Tom Ford NOIR should probably take a trip to one of the Anthropologie stores before POUDRE D'ORIENT disappears forever....

moonfish67
moonfish67

well, one could find here some JickyMouchoir features, some Rodriguez for men features, some Habit Rouge features, even some Shalimar!
And all of us will be right!!!

just because we NEED something well-known to discover some unknown - that`s how teachers works in any school :) we need some hard ground to be sure of.

anyway, the frag is really from lux department (not niche) - so it cannot be totally innovative. The reason is - average John Smith, Ivan Petrov and Joe Bloggs would not buy it.

In order of wearability, tenacity and good taste - it`s one great average perfume.

julzkind
julzkind

I haven't smelled this yet but the fact that everyone is saying that there is a good bit of vanilla excites me!

I wear Violet Blonde and its probably one of the best perfumes on my skin. I always felt like it needed something else so I'm glad this has vanilla AND violet!

ccbaudoin
ccbaudoin

Have something from Narciso Rodriguez but HEAVIER.

Grottola

I finally got the chance to re-sniff Noir, this time on my arm. I've tried it multiple times on my skin now and can deduce that, while it is still very Guerlain-esque, it has a very unique combination: violet and vanilla. I actually appreciate it for this sweet twist on the whole modern violet leaf masculine thing; there's also a note in there that smells like oud, and I get a pretty strong vetiver accord. While I'm not sure if I'd purchase Tom Ford Noir, I do feel that it's a well-made, long-lasting fragrance in a beautiful bottle.

MUST8936
MUST8936

It's not avantegarde! It reminds me a conventionel Guerlain fragrance and Youth Dew Amber Nude!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

Powdery Iris and violet on a bed of peppery geranium and patchouli is what I mainly getting from this latest offering from Tom Ford. I can pick up slight hints of vanille/amber within the mix as well but just slightly.

I have to say I am not that impressed and was expecting so much more from Tom Ford, not bottle worthy for me.

evilspin
evilspin

This reminded me of something so much I couldnt put my finger on it. Its powdery and creamy and very vanilla,patchouli, iris & violet etc, Then it hit me..."Poudre D'Orient by Le labo!". This is not bad, this scent is very different which can be the reason alot of ppl put this one off since many ppl are mundane and not daring. Women can wear this well too but its different on them. This smells nothing like opium, Burberry Brit & Prada Amber dont know why the comparison. As for the design, I can understand the art of minimal simple concepts, what i dont understand is why go that approach? I was expecting another exquisite Masculine bottle as art.

$$
$$

This not for me.It smells just like burberry brit!Its a waste of money.SIKE!!! This is AMAZING!AMAZING!AMAZING!It has a slow start but when it hits you 0 to 60 real quik real quik.love this

Riverwide
Riverwide

Lovingthealien is absolutely correct! They had tester bottles in Dublin's Brown Thomas store today, so I tried it! It's *extremely* similar to Guerlain's Habit Rouge to my nose. I can't believe more people haven't picked up on this too. It's perhaps a little lighter and fresher, but still shockingly similar. Very nicely done all the same. The SA gave me 3 sample cards, so I'll try it out properly over the next few days.

Scentrist
Scentrist

My Saks SA gave me samples to get me started on this one, and with all the hype, I had some big expectations of Noir being the "must-have" for the year.

(yawn)After a full day of wearing, I walk away from this feeling rather lukewarm about the experience. It's not his Private Blend by a long shot, it smells of fairly common vanilla. Then spices. Lots and lots of spices. No wood. Then more spices. Drop in some...nah, add the whole bottle of vanilla extract. Voila!

Not very animalic, hardly that original, and no signature note. As an impression, this one is simple:

Cheaper Tobacco Vanille. Underwhelming. Not on my buy list.

Grottola

FBenoit1 is on the money - not only is this fragrance a lot like Shalimar, but it has Guerlain DNA all over it.

That's certainly not a bad thing at all, but Tom Ford Noir isn't the smoky, animalic oriental I was hoping it would be. I honestly don't smell any civet in this. In fact, it's almost as if someone took Shalimar and completely neutered it of the big animalic note it carries. So, basically, Tom Ford Noir is the Guerlinade. As in, that delectable vanilla/tonka base found in many Guerlain fragrances.

Perhaps Tom Ford went on a Guerlain sniffing spree and said to the perfumer, "I want that", or maybe he's got connections at Guerlain. Maybe it's just purely coincidence! Whatever the case, Noir is a comfortable floral-vanilla fragrance that lasts a long time and doesn't get too intrusive. It's not very impressive, but I'll be sure to revisit it when I get the chance. The bottle is also lovely.

AIRHOLDER
AIRHOLDER

I was lucky to try this at the retail sales of the airport. I must say I was expecting more to be unveiled out of this perfume. I am a fan of Tom Fords perfumes ...but this isn't that appealing in comparison to lots of others by TF. Grey Vetiver is better than this for example. Its smell reminds me of an old cologne used to be worn by very mature to old men who had power and money...get me??

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

Tom Ford Noir is quite interesting scent. It's not super unique and has this familiar feel to it. Lots of patchouli, vanilla and some florals in its composition. I'll be testing it again but it reminded me Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense.
Edit: honestly not really impressed with this one. It starts off promising but dies down fast and doesn`t give me the `noir` feeling. I hope the more extreme, intense version will be released soon.

FBenoit1
FBenoit1

Tested it yesterday at Bloomingdale's and was able to get a sample from the sales assistant. I really do like it a lot on my skin. I have been looking for a new fall/winter fragrance and it's warm and sexy. This will probably be a purchase unless if I find something better soon.

Happy sniffing - F

After testing again today, I still love it but I must say the dry down reminds me of Shalimar. Am I the only one of this opinion?

@diorshowman

ROFL!!!!!!

jonr951

I got samples of Noir from Nordstrom today and at first whiff, it absolutely reminds me of something! It kind of reminds me of his Extreme for men. I'm going to need to test it a lot more but it really is something I've smelled before. Don't get me wrong, it smells great, but it definitely isn't anything new. I totally dig the black bottle too by the way. Too bad they only had testers and I couldn't purchase a small bottle.

OMG his Black Violet from the Private Blend collection! It's the men's version of that! I'm probably totally wrong but that's really what I'm getting! Crazy!

It's D&G's The One Gentleman-ish too!

@FBenoit1 You're right on! I definitely get Shalimar from Noir too! : )

aventus88
aventus88

I got a bottle from my friend who works at tom ford in rodeo drive and smells pretty good amber with vanilla but isnt that great that people thought. this is the first fragrance of Tom ford that is made in other country, most of em are made in USA.

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

I haven't sampled Noir myself, but I know someone who had a preview. He says it reminded him of classics like Habit Rouge and Heritage. That sound good for me!

diorshowman
diorshowman

In the ad, Tom Ford looks like that civet pictured above.

fragfreak
fragfreak

I'm really really looking forward to this one. It sounds like it'll be an awesome night scent for fall/winter.

junior halston
junior halston

I was able to try a little on my had from fragrance SA who received it the vendor show from fall fragrance releases. It is very fresh herbal spicy on my skin and strong. It did settle down greatly and become a skin scent. On me it faded very fast what a shame for unique fragrance. I am sure his marketing ploy is to release an intense in the near future.

jgirgar
jgirgar

I'm excited to hear about this, perhaps we'll have a stunner. We could really use one. I agree too, how can the votes be in for a fragrance that isn't released yet. All the categories have been checked except the 'like' category. Maybe we'll be able to say it smells old man or soapy.

pablOSO

The bottle looks better in the ad...altought , tom ford's eye is distracting...ill have to test it ...

Endymion
Endymion

Congratulations to those who have already rated the intensity of ingredients yet the fragrance is not even released!!!
I'm saddened by some Fragrantica members' mentality.

jonr951

More and more excited about this one. I LOVE the ad. Simple and I am SO digging the bottle! Hello again Mr. Ford. Haha! : )

Noir by Tom Ford 3.80 out of 5 based on 623 ratings and 152 user reviews

TOM FORD NOIR for MEN by Tom Ford EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
TOM FORD NOIR for MEN by Tom Ford EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ
Tom Ford Noir Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Tom Ford Noir Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noir by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noir by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.