Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Noir Eau de Toilette Tom Ford for men

Noir Eau de Toilette Tom Ford for men
dislike

Noir Eau de Toilette Tom Ford for men Pictures Noir Eau de Toilette Tom Ford for men Pictures

After the original Noir Eau de Parfum fragrance for men from 2012, Tom Ford also presents Noir Eau de Toilette edition coming out in November 2013. Noir Eau de Toilette is a more dynamic variation that focuses on fresh, citrusy and herbal aspects of the composition.

Oriental and spicy notes of the original are now mixed with new elements such as spearmint, Italian lemon and pure citrus oils that give the composition a touch coolness and freshness. Underneath it all lays a sensual woody - musky perfume base.

Tom Ford Noir Eau de Toilette is available in bottles of 50 and 100 ml.

Italian Lemon Citruses Mint

Noir Eau de Toilette Fragrance Reviews

LE NEZ - zouhair
LE NEZ  - zouhair

Très bon parfum
Il est vraiment pas mal, j'ai l'impression qu'il joue dans la cour des grands, sauf qu'il pouvait bien tenir plus longtemps pour y rentrer, mais en final, ça reste une bonne fragrance avec ces notes boisés, épices, musc, citron et menthe, j'aime beaucoup...
Je le préfère à l'eau de parfum, et il tient beaucoup plus que l'eau de parfum a mon avis
Pour des soirées privées, des restos, des dîners ... il fera très bien l'affaire

Shayan.k
Shayan.k

عطری که نباید اون رو از نزدیک بو کنید چون حاصل این بوی تند ناخوشایندی خواهد بود.اما رایحه ای که در اطراف شما پخش میشه دلپذیره.بهترین زمان استفاده پاییز هست و در مناطق مرطوب نتیجه ی بسیار بهتری خواهد داشت.بر خلاف عطرهای دیگه ی تام فورد بالانس رایحه ها تکمیل نیست اما عطر قدرتمندی از نظر پخش و ماندگاری هست.حس عطر مطابق با رنگ شیشه است.بوی دودی خامه ای و مرکباتی داره که رفته رفته بوی مرکبات رنگ میبازه و ترکیبات گفته شده به همراه رویح گیاهی قابل استشمام خواهد بود البته به اضافه مقدار زیادی ادویه

Paint86
Paint86

I think Grottola’s review below is SPOT ON, and I won’t even dare going into the technical aspect of the scent, as the review nailed it.
Noir (EDP and EDT) brings me back to my childhood, a very happy period of my life (I was lucky enough to have 2 very loving parents).

As it is the case with a lot of young boys, my dad was (is) my hero as a kid and he only wore 3 fragrances in his 55 years (so far!) on this earth: Pour un Homme de Caron, Habit Rouge and Le Male.

Habit Rouge always brings back memories of happy times every time I smell it, flashes/images of my dad getting home at night and Sundays spent playing outside with him and my brother.

I would never wear it personally, as I feel, even though he doesn’t wear it anymore, that it is “his”, but I’ll always remember going to the perfume shop to smell – as a big Tom Ford fan – Noir EDP for the first time when it came out. At the time I didn’t know what to expect, but I certainly wasn’t expecting to be hit “right in the feels” when smelling my wrist. I had to double-check the bottle to make sure it wasn’t Habit Rouge I was smelling for the first time in 18 years.

It wasn’t, and soon enough the differences (again, brilliantly put into words by Grottola) started to appear, but the similarities were enough for me to instantly love it. This wasn’t Habit Rouge, this was different enough for me to wear it as my own, but every time I wear it I feel this safety blanket that a kid feels around a loving parent…

I own both the EDP and EDT versions, and they are different enough to justify buying both if you’re a real fan of one of them. Depending on the mood/occasion, I will wear one or the other (they have to fight my 60+ fragrance collection!), but this is definitely a personal favorite of mine. Is it signature worthy? Definitely, in my case, my mood changes so often that I rarely wear the same fragrance twice a week but when I do, it will be one of those two.

Brilliant stuff Mr Ford.

A fantastic smell!

Warm spices & powder.

Smells like a less sweet version of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme.

The projection is strong & the lasting power is moderate.

Love it!

gedlive
gedlive

If you like the old woody classics like Z-14, Habit Rouge, Xeryus, but feel they are dated, Noir edt is a great option. Has the classic feel, with great modern fresh notes.
The Opoponox resin ads a warm honeyed richness to the base.

This is an update, it's early Spring time, and I brought this one out again, and it's just perfect for chilly Spring days !
This is underated hidden gem ! I wrote my review last Summer, and surprised only a few reviews written since then.
This fragrance is one that doesn't fit in one category; it's part Oriental, part chypre and fougere. It has balsamic warmth as I mentioned with citrus and mint freshness, aromatic floral nuances. It is a great fragrance, very versatile.

I find myself liking the edt more than the edp. The added freshness of the edt realy makes this more enjoyable and interesting. There are patchoulies and then there are patchulies. This one is beutifull, earthy slightly sweet, green, and makes a harmonious sparkly accord with the mint and bergamot. Beautifully blended quality notes. I think the Tom Ford Noir is equal in quality to the private blends but more versatile, less oppulant, yet still rich and realistic, earthy. This is not a patchouli fragrance, just a nice nuance.

The fresh opening that's talked about as the distinguishing feature of Noir edt vs the perfume version is as much an herbal minty freshness with only a light but unusual citrus note, may be lemon verbena.
On the masculinity factor; the Iris and vanilla give it a soft powdery feel. If your secure in your masculinity this just adds a touch of class I think. The fragrance as a whole is sufficiently masculine.

The end of the opening and the beginning of the mid is the perfect storm. I took a deep wiff of my arm, and the notes for a time were it perfect harmony to my liking to where I was emotionally moved and wanted to give Tom Ford a hug. Few hours later I was getting to much vanilla for a while but that past and I got some more of that great patchouli and fresh herbs, musk in the drydown. I can still smell the frag 12 hours later, but the first two hours are the best.
The performance is about equal to the EDP black bottle Noir. So I think I will just buy this one. It's like I only have Encre Noir Sport now, as it's almost all that the original is, with more aromatic freshness added; another example of a flanker out classing an original fragrance.

God bless you. John 3:16.

pinballsummer
pinballsummer

I bought a bottle last Fall at a very reasonable (read: not retail) price, from an airport of all places. At first I loved it, I have received compliments for it - it's really rare so nobody else has it - but don't personally really care for it anymore. The drydown is too musky, and it's like a different animal compared to the opening. Purely as a fragrance it is masterfully crafted, though - there's an easily distinguishable lineup of a multitude of different notes one after the other.

hulalou
hulalou

I agree with others here who have compared this to Guerlain's Shalimar, somehow slightly less 'feminine' but nonetheless mysterious. As Tom Ford and I are almost exactly the same age, I can only imagine that his mother, too, wore Shalimar on special occasions, and the memories of it were too intoxicating to ignore. (though I can attest from personal experience that wearing Shalimar myself ended up being a bit too creepy. I'll let Dr. Freud sort that one out). So thank you, thank you, Tom Ford for bringing back a lot of great memories, and yet still letting me be me. As with the original scent, I rarely, if ever, smell this on someone else, but always get a compliment or two when I wear it.

Dark-X

I'm yet to smell a bad perfume by Tom Ford!
The guy is a fashion genius.

The smell is a soft, woody, smoky, with a hint of spices & citrus. Very Arabic. No wonder his fragrances, including the old YSL M7, are a hit in the middle east.

A must try for the fans of woody fragrances!

The price, like all Tom Ford's, remain a con. More expensive than Chanel or Dior. A shame really. Prevents some people owning it.

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

I find this to be different from the EDP. There's a blast of citrus in the opening and it has an interesting drydown. I agree it seems to be derived a bit from Shalimar EDP. Very nice.

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

Not a review, but try layering this on top of oud wood. The pepper notes are accentuated wonderfully when blended and the soapy rosewood shines. Happy smelling!

Zarya
Zarya

This is definitelly a UNISEX perfume. To me this scent is a mix of Guerlain Shalimar + Prada Amber. Overall this is a beautiful, rich, multidimensional perfume for men and women, so if you are tired of yucky sweet-candy-mainstream-y perfumes you need to try this one.

kl99
kl99

A simplified version of shalimar edp.

williamvargas
williamvargas

when I first tried it after sampling noir I was sort of ok ...but the more I wore it the more I enjoyed it. I agree with wes that it is safe in the office, actually received a few compliments. my wife really seems to enjoy this on me. I do see some similarities to habit rouge, which grottola mentioned,
I have always liked and have that. I think this compares with the vintage habit rouge which I lucked on to finding reasonably. I think I would wear this one more often though. goes on very light and I can not detect it after a bit but others do, so i have to be careful not to over apply. I like this more than the noir de noir , but that is just me. this smells very classy to me. it is definitely worth trying out, give it some time, sometimes it takes a second wearing. but for me thumbs up. if you really want to try a tom ford that will get your attention try Italian cypress. if you ever enjoyed halston's z14.. tom ford's scents are quality. I wish they were more affordable. whether I enjoy them all or not that is a different story but for this one..
I will wear this..

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I find this blah and forgettable. It goes on smelling vaguely spicy/gourmandy and just sort of barely exists, leaving not much of an impression. Timid, unimpressive and overpriced. Is it "safe for work?" Yes. Very much so. In fact, corporations could issue it to employees.

And come on... the juice color... an albino noir?

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

I personally found that the EDT lasted longer and projected more on my skin than the EDP. I have so many colognes that my wife is very "blah" when it comes to smells. She's smelled them all. However, this perks her up every single time. Great masculine smell, separates itself from the mainstream smells and is very beautiful. Some hate it and say it's boring, I definitely am one that loves it. Compliments every time I wear it.

Marciu
Marciu

Not as cloying with civet, opponax, iris and benzoin, but still similar to Noir EDP.

Yes, it's lighter than its predecessor indeed and can be worn summer nights, spring, fall and winter. I think in hot day it still could bother you when you wore it... Still not my cup of tea, but I would surely call it "the better" Noir.

Go4broke
Go4broke

Tom Fords Noir offers a masterclass in drydowns. Starting out fresh and citrusy, it transorms amazingly into a woody, almost chocolatey scent. It is wonderful. But longevity is poor at 4 hours.

Grottola
Grottola

Wanna wear Habit Rouge but don't like it? Try this fragrance.

The original Tom Ford Noir Eau de Parfum is a woody oriental with a Guerlain feel to it, built around an accord of violet and Guerlinade-esque vanilla; Noir Eau de Toilette (which really isn't Noir and should instead be called Blanche or something) goes even further into Guerlain territory and stands tall as a Habit Rouge for the young 2010s metrosexual - bits of Habit Rouge's powdery, Froot Loop aura are there, but the woods are a bit drier, the powder calmed down, the sweetness not as severe, and the creaminess just right. I happen to be a *huge* fan of Habit Rouge, but I can certainly attest that there are some situations where it's a bit too much to wear, and I'd be happy to wear Noir Eau de Toilette instead. As expected from Tom Ford, the sillage and longevity are excellent. One of the best releases of 2013.

Disclaimer:

You may not notice as many similarities to Habit Rouge as I do. Maybe it's just my nose and I'm weird. But when I sprayed it on a few hours before I wrote this review, it definitely felt like I was smelling Habit Rouge's spiritual successor on the back of my hand.

cpa5oh
cpa5oh

I like this one...a lot. I get a powdery, creamy floral scent that is very pleasant as long as it's not oversprayed...I think you gotta be careful on the trigger with this one - I can see where, if you have it cranked up loud, it could be too rich for too long (I mean rich as it would be used when talking about a dessert - if you eat a very rich chocolate creme pie, when you're done with a piece you've had enough of it kind of thing.) Probably just me, but I see a lot of similarity between this and Black Orchid and Tom Ford Extreme.

There very well may be an old lady makeup that smells similar to this (see reviews below,) and it might smell a little like baby wipes, but I've neither smelled a lot of old lady makeup nor have I been around babies, so I have no such negative associations :-)

Got loads of samples of this today through my friends at various Tom Ford counters around the north west...so thanks for that.
When I looked on here at the notes I was expecting a totally different fragrance as I suspect many others were.
The review below says it all really the same fragrance as Noir, a deep warm wonderful iris, pathouli, amber, resiny, vanilla, animalistic, spicy...the list goes on quite frankly a staggering concoction of notes. I have noir eau de parfum and personally I love it!
I can't understand people who bang on about Noir de Noir, and make like for like comparison...just because they have both have noir in the name. They really are very different fragrances.
Anyway...this eau de toilette for my Money has the same longevity, projection and sillage as the EDP (black bottle) with a blast of citrus in the top which genuinely wowed me at first because it gives this fragrance a new dynamic.
Unfortunately top notes being true to their name are gone very quickly...if this scent could somehow retain those fresh citrus notes at least a while longer into the drydown it would be a hugely interesting fragrance against that Noir backdrop.
So effectively what I'm saying is, this drysdown to Noir and is not noticeably any weaker so if I had the choice again I would probably go for this just because of the interesting fresh opening, and if the price is cheaper(not sure what it is?) you could plump for this one.

Tarida
Tarida

I agree this does smell the same as the Noir EDP just a touch lighter. It has the same dna as the original but mashed up with mint and citrus at the start. It has superb longevity and is very sexy indeed.

lalelu
lalelu

how can this smell the same ?:D the notes listed are totally different

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Tested this in Debenhams. It smells exactly like the EDP but in a lighter variation. Don't let that fool you because the sillage and longevity with the EDT version is amazing. I sprayed this on at 12 and it still smells strong on my skin nearly 7 hours later. There is a citrusy twist in the opening and to my nose a I do detect a minty vibe but it's not strong enough to dominate. I will definitely be adding this to my collection at some point. Very masculine and great from day to night.

michaelk91
michaelk91

It's out already in the UK, for those interested!

Wise-222
Wise-222

I wish to try this one soon.

this brand is the best in the market,TOM is very smart and unique.

Noir Eau de Toilette by Tom Ford 3.99 out of 5 based on 187 ratings and 25 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Noir Eau de Toilette fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Noir Eau de Toilette, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noir Eau de Toilette by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noir Eau de Toilette by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.