Designers » T-Z » Chypre « Groups

Noir de Noir Tom Ford for women and men

Noir de Noir Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

I have it: 1424 I had it: 265 I want it: 1503 My signature: 41

Noir de Noir Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Noir de Noir Tom Ford for women and men Pictures Noir de Noir Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

Private Blend is first and exclusive collection by Tom Ford, which includes twelve eau de parfums, each of them can be used solely or in combination with other fragrances from the collection.
Private Blend Collection was launched in 2007. The fragrances are available in 50ml and 250ml bottles.

"PRIVATE BLEND is my own scent laboratory: it's where I have the ability to create very special, original fragrances that are unconstrained by the conventions of mainstream scent-making. PRIVATE BLEND is designed with the true fragrance connoisseur n mind." Tom Ford

Saffron Rose Vanilla Patchouli Agarwood (Oud) Oakmoss tuber

Club de Nuit Intense
Ardent

Noir de Noir Fragrance Reviews

ralopa
ralopa

Nice and just nice.

The opening is fabulous, presents a powdery rose and dark patchouli scent in depth with a hint of sweet balsamic (synthetic though) oud. A touch of tuber makes it more interesting. But it's such a pity that the whole structure turns into mediocrity in the drydown.

Longevity: 8-10 hours on skin
Projection: 3-5 feet in the first 3 hours or so, then becomes a skin scent.
Rating: 8.0/10 (10/10 for the opening and 6.0/10 for the drydown)

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

Gorgeous noir rose with the most beautiful combination of tuber and rich Patchouli, works well even in very cold weather lasts many hours dispite being an EDp, very good quality.

Dave5807
Dave5807

This is 100% my favorite fragrance in my collection of over 100 nice bottles.

The rose and warming notes blend so nicely. The ladies absolutely love this on me. I get some patchouli undertones that are so subtle, but keep it alive for hour upon hour.

Easily the best Tom Ford and the best of everything!

Lysci
Lysci

It smells more like rosewater and doesn't last very long. Less than 4 hours on me. Don't get me wrong it's a nice fragrance but I wish it had more depth to it. The oud is so faint I barely smell it. I don't pick up on the vanilla or chocolate, but a bit of patchouli, yes.

It's very similar to Club de Nuit Intense for women, which I'd actually say is a bit stronger and lasts longer. However it's different in that it doesn't seem as well blended. It's a murkier take on NdN. Someone on youtube described it as tinny/metallic.

I don't think I love either enough to keep them. :(

miako
miako

I've thought long and hard about what to write in this review, mainly because I adore it to an almost unhealthy extent. I have the 50ml, the 100ml, and the 250ml, and when a bottle becomes half empty I automatically hit the purchase button. It is a drug. Expensive, yes, but for me, an absolute necessity.

This is the richest, smoothest, thickest cloud of sex appeal anyone could ever spray on themselves, man or woman. It seduces the wearer as much as the ones around them.

A lot of people say it is close to black orchid.. and while they do have similar notes, the outcome is completely different. Black orchid is an edgy fashionista, Noir de Noir is a queen.
Depends on what you're going for, but in my opinion, there's no competition- with black orchid, or with anything else.

on the noze
on the noze

Hah! No damn wonder this amazing perfume scores so well.
This was a blind buy for me and THE BEST one ever because, I honestly believe that if Heaven had a scent, this would be it. It is just so very 'pretty' and totally unique in so many ways. It is by far, right up there with the other 2 Tom Ford masterpieces, Oud Wood and Tobacco Vanille. ( the start of my perfume adventure. Noir de Noir, I will never be without you. 10 out of 10. A 'must try ' for all women and pretty men!

airholder.1
airholder.1

Does anybody know who created NdN ?? Which perfumer?

ñasory1994
ñasory1994

amazing 10/10

bart4543
bart4543

the only tom ford private blend that i find worthy of a purchase. i get sweet honey mixed with chocolate, rose and semi dirty oud. very mature dense and classy. i must admit it leans towards feminine side but i dont mind wearing it. it is beautiful scent. perfect for winter night when are dressed to impress.

EmmaZumba
EmmaZumba

I've finally got my hands on the Holy Grail which is (supposedly) Tom Ford's 'Noir De Noir' and I'm very disappointed. I didn't expect it to have a vintage power house vibe. Plus it's very masculine. It reminds me of Old Spice as it's powdery and spicy but with added booze and raisins akin to Yves Saint Laurent's 'Opium' for men.
In the rose/oud/patchouli/vanilla stakes, it's not a patch on the utterly amazing Armani Prive 'Rose D'Arabie'

Şahin Küçüksöylemez
Şahin Küçüksöylemez

İt is nice but not a masterpiece

Konga5000

In response to the "old lady" remarks on this fragrance:

Noir de Noir has an "antique" quality.....it's like a portal into another time and place ...the past ? the future?

I think the dramatic quality and the darkness of the "old wood" (Oud) feels like a dark "antique" world. It just triggers something.........perhaps something ancient ?
Does this make sense?

muotarek
muotarek

Sillage: 10/10

suitable for winter nights

Scentmad
Scentmad

This was not what I was expecting at all. This perfume has been on my "must have" list for absolutely ages and I finally got round to getting a bottle.

I sprayed it last night and was totally unimpressed, rolling my eyes for having (blindly) purchased yet another generic perfume, albeit that the Tom Ford vibe was rippling through it - I think he adds his signature to all his fragrances.

Then about a hour or so into to wearing this, I kept getting wafts of rose and patchouli (a combination I love). Then I started sniffing, and sniffing and sniffing. Then I couldn't get enough of this perfume.

So, I would advise letting this bloom on the skin before dismissing it. For me this is all in it's development and not in the initial hour of life on the skin.

Divine: Turkish delight, rose, angelica, wood notes and a lovely patchouli note that hums in the background.

A good buy.

wootforDOLCE&GABBANA
wootforDOLCE&GABBANA

5/5 perfect fragrance of chocolate and roses... but *warning* DO NOT OVER SPRITZ... or else it becomes overly sweet in an AGH-I-NEED-A-GLASS-OF-MILK kind of way.

HotSince75
HotSince75

This is my favourite 'evening' fragrance along with Creeds - 'Aventus'

I know that it sounds like a bit of a cliché to mention both of these powerhouses, but it really is a beautiful fragrance.

Each time I wear it I get compliments from both genders.

You do have to be very mindful of the temperature that you are wearing it in though as it can get very cloying.

If you haven't tried if yet, please do try and get a sample and try it on your skin.

Smellicious0000
Smellicious0000

This is heavenly and I would recommend wearing it day or night and anywhere you like. Life is a special enough occasion to wear it! It's not all about black tie and fancy dress. Anyone of us could get hit by a bus tomorrow so quit saving this juice for certain occasions. Besides it's too expensive. Spray it on and enjoy.

Russian's man
Russian's man

IMO a lesser harsh version of Black Aoud hehe. Both fragrances share a remarkable deep earthy rose character. Although, the oud on Noir de Noir it's perceived less. It's a very dark perfume in a good way. Perfect for cold weather and for special occasions. Mainly, I detect the patchouli, oakmoss, rose and vanilla. IMO it's a oriental chypre fragrance. Totally unisex.

Scent: 9
Longevity: 8
Projection: 8
Sillage: 7
Uniqueness: 8
Versatility: 6

Overall: 7,66

bbparfumed
bbparfumed

I bought a bottle for my boy friend a couple weeks ago but now I'm using it more than him because I love it so much! Sorry dear its mine now,muahahaha!

TFordandCreed
TFordandCreed

I hate what this fragrance has become. It has changed in a few ways. It no longer has that signature Tom Ford Oud vibe. Tom Ford used to use this distinguishable synthetic oud that was actually nice. Like others, this has lost that vibe.

The rose has also changed over the years. It reminds me more of Rose Water than it does the flower.

As @ninotatamena mentioned, it is also no longer a long lasting fragrance. I never had to carry a decant around. Now I have to reapply 3-4 times a day to keep the smell. It definitely seems less potent.

It is still good, but I can't help but to obsess over what it used to be. :'(

Konga5000

Just cleaning out my frag cabinet and ...what's this? I find a small decant of this that came from who-knows-where. Weird. I don't remember ordering this or getting it as a gift.....

Wow! Open and just smell the cap & nozzle ; you get a BEAUTIFUL raspberry jam smell.....once sprayed however..ZERO raspberry and other things start to happen...This is a work of ART.

This one has a complexity that keeps twirling around with every sniff. Like I'm watching 2 or 3 ghostly spirits dancing around each other--keeping their distances in a playful manner--grinning.

You can really tell the difference between a $29.99 frag from Marshalls or T.J. Maxx and a work of art in aroma form.

A very kinetic fragrance ...haunting ...beautiful .....

I think my next "big investment" will be a full size bottle of Noir de Noir !

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

If I had to select one Tom Ford fragrance to represent Mr. Ford's entire repertoire, I would pick Noir de Noir without hesitation. It is unisex, oriental, dark but approachable, long-lasting, rich, well-blended with gourmand elements. It has that sweet, almost foamy or creamy undertone present in so many of the TF creations.This one smells like honeycomb dipped into chocolate and sprinkled with crushed dried rose petals. It has a note to it that reminds me of Thai iced tea, which is probably the vanilla playing with the tuber.

If you're looking for something similar, Noir de Noir totally reminds me of Coco Noir by Chanel. Many put this up to bat against Cafe Rose, since they are the most rosy of Tom Fords (excluding Oud Fleur which I adore), but I personally prefer Café Rose.

Nessers
Nessers

My top 5 rose oud fragrances:

Tom Ford - Noir de Noir
Christian Dior - Oud Ispahan
Jo Malone - Velvet Rose & Oud
Armani Privé - Rose D'Arabie
Byredo - Reine de Nuit

There is a certain jenesequa about this fragrance. A hint of spice, but earthy rose creates a gourmand elixir we all crave.

One of the greats of all houses. Luscious. Deep. Earthy rose. I love this fragrance so much.

Also a great revenge breakup perfume. I'm a 20-something year old woman whom just was dumped by her boyfriend. Nothing better than turning heads with this fragrance at the grocery store.

shushkin
shushkin

Yes, I get the saffron, earth, rose, truffle, vanilla in pretty much that order. These notes are all potentially quite strong. I was really expecting a powerhouse fragrance like Plum Japonais. Its an interesting fragrance. Smell it on a card and its pretty much meh but once it is on my skin it comes alive. I have not experienced this much before with my fragrances. It smells gorgeous but still not worth the hefty price tag. There are plenty of similar fragrances more reasonably priced. Moderate sillage and longevity.

polly golightly
polly golightly

ci risiamo: un altro profumo supercostoso che richiama -o scimmiotta?- gli attar arabi. stavolta si tratta della rosa, non tanto percettibile in verità, con una buona dose di patchouli e zafferano. l'impatto è buono, molto mediorientale come già detto, con un fondo di vaniglia e muschio di quercia che rinfrescano la prima impressione super resinosa. la qualità è alta, la durata imponente, ma, continuo a sostenere, meglio perdersi nei profumi arabi che costano un decimo e offrono infinite possibilità di esperienze odorose con gli stessi ingredienti.
Edit: dopo tante ore è molto simile ad voleur de rose di artisan, che adoro!

Abo anas
Abo anas

The most beautiful perfume flowers in the world..I like it

valentinocerca.amore

che dire, il migliore profumo di tutti i tempi,un vero capolavoro,dopo che si annusa si può anche morire.

fsulka
fsulka

For me this is a flower bomb. The saffron and rose smell so unbelievably fresh that you'd think you were holding a bouquet. I'm not exaggerating folks. If I'm being honest though, it strikes me as awfully feminine. One reviewer described this as something his/her grandmother would wear. I honestly can respect that comment. It does have an older woman vibe to me. I think a younger woman could pull it off but it would take a woman with a lot of confidence in herself. One that can pull off smelling more mature. A man wearing this would have to be dressed business professional.

mo_iz
mo_iz

the creamy rose,so delicate and gentle,mesmerized by the oily oud and earthy patchouli!

greenpepper
greenpepper

A very booze soaked, chocolate/caramel dark rose, with a little bit of spice that wafts in and out, and some faint vaguely phenolic bitterness way in the background.

Shortly after the opening, a strong and very high class rose scent pops out, then it slowly settles down into the patchouli, woods and spice over time. Vanilla is always there, but eventually goes from background to foreground over the many hours it takes for this to go through its full evolution.

Definitely in the dark and sensual category, and Noir de Noir was actually the base that Black Orchid was built on.

If there was any issue, it may be that a fragrance enthusiast could find much to love here, but the average person on the street might find it a bit much? Not all of course, but some may. Very minor concern.

Not an everyday - needs the right situation. It rightly belongs in the Private Blend line though, as an extraordinary effort.

If you can't get decent longevity and projection out of this, then I don't know what it would take. A single spray would be easily enough in many instances.

Frankee
Frankee

Noir de Noir is definitely a lot of rose, a dark, powdery rose with a hint of chocolate and patchouli surrounding it. In the drydown it becomes a litte sour, but a good kind of sourness.

All in all it is a dark, mysterious scent. It's one of these scents makes you wanna smell your wrists the whole night.

IMO, this one is unisex but leaning towards the feminine side. As a guy, you need to be dressed well. This isn't a Jeans and T-Shirt Scent.

It's super long lasting and sillage is huge.

This one is to please your loved one(s). Very elegant. Very complex and linear. Very deep. Very good! One of the best Private Blends which is truly worth the money. For sure.

Cancerian1978
Cancerian1978

Amazing fragrance. Tom Ford best perfume in my opinion. The rose smell in this juice makes you fall in love. You will be flooded with complements and turn many heads.

erkek
erkek

For winter or fall perfect choosen. This is absoultely art of perfume. Elegant and sophisticated all. Rose use of form pretty remind Bond-Amber.

Scent: 10
Long: 9
Sillage: 7

Art of perfume.

Ege123
Ege123

12+ Long and sillage very nice frag .

davidlong13
davidlong13

This perfume just does not work with my body chemistry whatsoever. It has a very solvent smell on me, imagine like a paint stripper. It took about 2 hours for this to settle down, still even after this that strong sour note remained on me. On other people however it is beautiful.

nordhaul
nordhaul

NEEDED this!!! It's simply DELICIOUS!!!
Don't know if it can work in the summer,
but it's Winter sO I think I'll LIVE IN IT!!!

Oh mY God - I was just saying I wouldn't
really wear rose, yet I love the smell, I do
not want to smell like a rose since I am a
PERSON and not the velvety silky satiny
flower such that of a rose. But there is!!!
ROSE in here!!! I never looked at these
notes that are listed - like normal people
do - I'm an abrupt douser - and then see
what unfolds - WOW(!) to mY delight and
surprise there is much more to the extra-
ordinarily GRAND opening, there's rose!

There is also a tea-note in here that cools
it off - it's not warm like on first impression.
And I normally cannot ever wear tea, rose,
tea rose, etc, but there is enough depth in
this one, that the rose is a muddy rose iow
a dark chocolaty rose (if that makes scents
pun intended) very edible and then the tea
note just cools this off enough sO that it's
not just wearable in the Wintertimes only...

I'd say it's a 70 degree scent, and thus, it
CAN very well work in the summer too! I
would think it to be a year-round stunner.

Only time will tell. Will update in Spring/
Summer given that there's anything to
update. UPDATE a half an hour into it:
Oh no! :(. It turns all tea rose on me at
the base D: ya! Disaster! Such divine
Grand Opening yet all there is inside is
chocolate tea rose? NoOo! ...Peace...

UPDATE - The morning after: sO after
sleeping with this I can say silage is gr8.
I still smell like dark chocolate bunnies &
burgandy roses with a bit of tea. I think
this'd be amazing on a guy dressed up
in a bow tie or a tux at night time. TOO
velvety for day, and yes it'd work in any
season, just not in the day, & not unless
you got on freshly ironed extra crispy top
and you're a dude with a dudette. This is
not for singles, unfortunately. Bah. Peace

This was my third TF private collection fragrance. Prior to this one I had Tobacco Vanilla and Tuscan Leather. Noir de Noir is the most complex, least linear of the three, at least on my skin.

I starts with bright rose, then coffee kicks in, then more rose but at this stage a dark rose with a hint of coffee. At last vanilla knocks at the door and the harmony is just amazing.
Longevity is 8 hours on me and projection is very strong.

To me this is a black suit and a loose tie, crisp white shirt, romantic night out scent.

Seducer and Compliment getter.

La Belle Demimondaine
La Belle Demimondaine

I have a sample bottle of Noir de Noir, from the Tom Ford store in Vegas, and I LOVED the scent: it has this heady, seductive, delicious old-fashioned rose scent. It reminds me of what the old Italian ladies wore to church when I was very small: all black lace, red lipstick, and glamour. And incense.

(It occurs to me that these women I thought were 'old', were probably the age I am now. Ha!)

So you can only imagine my chagrin, when I found that every time I put Noir de Noir on my skin, all I got was PATCHOULI. I smelled like an aging hippie-dude after an 18-hour shift at the head shop.

I tried this scent at least five different times, in different climes, humidity, etc. and got the same patchouli-stench-cloud every time.

I am nothing, if not stubborn. It occurred to me that my sample of Oud Wood, while lovely, was wanting a little something more. So a couple of days ago, I dabbed on Noir de Noir on my wrists, nape of the neck, behind the ears, etc., then I dabbed on an equal amount of Oud Wood in all the same spots, right on top of the NdN.

The result is MAGIC. The patchouli is tamed, the rose notes came back up, and with it, a divine, dark, wood scent.

If I only had $400+ to put into two different bottles of Tom Ford fragrance...

That being said, Tobacco Oud is going to be my next fragrance purchase.

alxkwst1996
alxkwst1996

I'm really loving the sweet and spicy rose-oud combo in this. It smells very classy and rich with sophistication. Noire De Noire is becoming to be another favorite of mine from the Tom Ford line.

Gabriel Biase

I usually try to stay away from Commenting because IMO, most Comments I make unintentionally upsets others, however, in this case I believe something just be said...

NOIR DE NOIR

Well folks, initially, everyone get a bit surprised about the hype behind it. Wow, another rose, patchouli, perfume...oh yeah, we need another.... for those who think, thought that or continued to think that, then you really don't understand the art of perfumery. Yes it's another rose, but it's an interpretation which captivated the artist. It's the way he smelt it and wanted to bottle it. With that said, when a smell is created, found, constructed, that's it... there's really nothing else you can do regarding sillage, projection, longevity. Molecules act a certain way and when you find the smell you like (when you've made the molecules act the way you wanted them to), you can't change it without losing certain qualities that make up the perfume.

For those who complain about the smell dying out a little to fast for their taste, please understand that it's not gone. It's simply resting close to your skin. Most perfumes, yes perfumes,... do that.. it's how they're made.. a little more heavier to last longer, yet, minimizing the projection. Luckily , there is a solution to your problem. Simply buy ETD for now on. They will smell louder, last a short time, however, it's cheaper and you can continue to spray. Most people are not perfume people. The market has trained our noses to smell things a certain way. Understand this, to achieve a certain smell,there's always a give and take. Please don't think perfumers actually sit and try to minimize the quality of a smell. Sometimes, there's nothing they can do to make it project, last without altering the final product. It is really up to you , to love it, and see it for what it is...art in a bottle.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Dec. 2015. I own White Suede, Shanghai Lily and Velvet Orchid. Bought and returned Venetian Bergamont for the same reason I'm disappointed with Noir de Noir. Both VB and NN, captivated me upon initial sniff and I was ready to purchase. Neither of these fragrances and I'll include Jasmine Rouge, pass the longevity test. All three of these fragrances are enticing to me, but they fade into oblivion within a couple of hours and that RUINS it for me. Their price tag is too steep for something that only lasts a flicker. I don't mind spending a pretty penny on my fragrance, but they need to linger. I have fragrances in the same price range from Guerlain, and they last from dawn to dusk. It's truly a shame because I would LOVE to smell like these fragrances and maintain them on my top shelf of perfumes, but they seem like a cruel joke when they disappear do quickly.

Noir de Noir is lovely. The scent out of the bottle and for the first 30 minutes to an hour is divine. 4/4, but a thumbs down for its disappearing act!!!

Tom Ford, figure this out. Make this line last longer. Please. I'd be a fan for life!!!

oman1234

I love this perfume and maybe I can call it my favorite of all times along with the Prive Rose from Armani ! Vert Sophisticated but doesn't last long during summer !

Gabriel Biase

A very classic, sophisticated fragrance which echoes rose and patchouli. Not to mention oud. With that said, in my opinion, there are many like it out there. I still love it but, if you are looking for something that smells like this, you definitely find it for cheaper.

Mr Cornells
Mr Cornells

I'm really into oudy, woodsy scents with little or no rose. These days, most oud-based colognes experiment with rose and/or saffron, agarwood, sandalwood, cedarwood, incense, amber, patchouli, etc. Noir de Noir is in the league of its own with hauntingly ethereal rose accord steadying amidst vanilla, patchouli, choc and agarwood. It's one cologne that's gonna make you sniff your wrist unwittingly (or rather, subconsciously) as its olfactory mystique unfurls hourly!
Guys, thinking of attending any movie premiere, bachelors' party, soirée, fashion gig, brand activation or even a date night with your "dream girl"? THIS IS THE ONE!!!

kndy38
kndy38

The rose note is really hard for me to like/love on almost every fragrance except probably this one.

While I enjoy this scent that lasts very long, I don't think it fits my personality.

To me, it would be more appropriate on an elegant and seductive woman. At least my skin chemistry tells me that...

noseyboysniffy
noseyboysniffy

Dark chocolate drizzled rose, mmmmm, I wanna eat it! Don't let the Cabernet Sauvignon opening fool ya, it only last a few minutes then the sexy rose makes her grand appearance. I'm lovin this :)

smora
smora

Although not being a rose fan, I must confess I admire how realistic and complex this rose is. A fresh rose merged with dense and dusty chocolate. Like this rose grew from the compost of moist and dark patchouli, priceless tuber and oakmoss, while viscous oud is dripping from the nearby tree.
I even like it more in the drydown, when earthy and wet base pulsates even more.
Masters Cavallier and Fremont successfully brought together two different world: heartbreaking romantics and gourmand moist of the soil. For the rose lovers this is a dream, for other close to heaven. A black forest fragrance.

Scentrack: The Cure - Lullaby

Rating: heartbreaking ****

Nbond007
Nbond007

a real beauty..reminds me of pistachio ice cream....so pleasant ..perhaps my favoring in the Tom Ford line

Nikita87
Nikita87

Love this one. Definitely one of my favorites. I already used several bottles of it and I constantly keep on going back to it.
I like to combine it with fur and heels. Definitely completes the femme fatale look.

zperr
zperr

I wanted a warm, cosy, classy perfume, adequate for the winter, something diffrent from what i have been using for years, finally I made my decision after trying dozens. Noir de noir is the older sister of cafe rose it is more mature,less sweet. This fragrance suits both men and women, depends completely to the confidence and the allure of the person. It has also very good longevity which is about 5 hours.

RoyalPerez516
RoyalPerez516

I don't understand what people are talking about this being a weak fragrance.

I FINALLY got my nose on this fragrance just yesterday October the 24th 2015 and let me tell you: BEAUTIFUL fragrance, just not for me. I sprayed myself 2 times, one in each arm hoping I would love it. I do appreciate the beauty in this fragrance and can see how people would fall deeply in love with it, but I have come to find out that rose is not a preferred note for me.

Anyways,I went home (the trip itself taking about an hour and a half after spraying NdN) and I must have scrubbed my arms about 5-6 times. I could still smell this STRONGLY after about 5 hours, even after scrubbing hard! WOW! I only wish I would get that long out of my favorite perfumes and I have VERY dry skin.

The way this fragrance lasted should speak on its own! AMAZING!

Edit: As usual, my anxiety got the best of me and I did not give this enough time. I am in MAJOR LOVE with this fragrance, it is simply stunning! It won me over, and now it won't let me go. I want more and more, and I cannot get enough - full bottle worthy fragrance, get your nose on it but PLEASE, give it some time! I promise it will reward you :)

Jovette Paquin
Jovette Paquin

Absolument merveilleux en ce 25 octobre pluvieux, gris et venteux. Réconfortant et chaleureux, NOIR DE NOIR est unisex, je dirais un peu plus masculin, mais avec du caractère sur une femme. Le patchouli pour moi est plus présent que la rose et le mélange avec la vanille et le Oud est sublime. Comme des bras autour de soi.
Sillage modéré à fort. Longévité fénoménale !!!
C'est un parfum d'automne et d'hiver fantastique!
Two thumbs up. A pure beauty to wear in fall and winter. A little bit more masculine than feminine, but gorgeous on both! Thanks Tom Ford!

ThatMakesScents

WOW. The last two reviews make my blood boil. I have decided to NOT go after high end juice anymore for this reason. I feel even the expensive "quality" juices are lacking these days. I have since DUMBED DOWN my collection by buying cheaper juice and adapting to using a decanter. You just can't take these companies seriously anymore.

Keep up the good work. So sorry to read about your experiences.

Blue wolf
Blue wolf

This is something I have never had happen before, not even with cheap fragrances, but I see I'm not the only one. Thanks ninotatamena and honey1, I thought I was crazy when I tried my sample bottle of Noir de Noir and it disappeared almost instantly on my skin. I've tried it 5 different times 6 months apart; it's the same annoying occurrence. First spray or splash I get a hint that it might be great, then not even 10 minutes and its GONE baby GONE! Another 10 minutes later, and there's a ghost of a fragrance. If some of you think that it must be a fake, Lolita Lempicka discontinued L de Lolita largely because of issues with color turning, notes disappearing and longevity problems in bottles made prior to 2010.
THIS IS SHAMEFUL; I"M HOPING MINE WAS A FAKE though my supplier swore it was authentic.
I live too far away from stores that carry Tom Ford scents; I'd love to try the tester and see if I still have the same problem.Sigh*

ninotatamena
ninotatamena

i tried the tester and thought it was amazing very deep layered oriental fragrance(it lasted 24 hours on my skin. so i bought it...and disaster....
reformulation ...and not just reformulation.....watered down reformulation....
i sprayed 3 people and after 1 hour no one can smell anything...
i dont know what to say...
dont believe the testers...
i think im gonna sue tom ford.

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

For my September birthday I was gifted this year's Yankee Candle Halloween candle called 'Black Magoc' - and from then on I was on the hunt for a perfume that smelt of it - I found it! I ordered Noir De Noir based on the composition notes (and because I love all things Tom Ford) and voila! This on me matches the smell of that delectable sweet, spicy candle: high-quality exotic Incense, spicy vanilla, patchouli, dark spices = sexiness. I love love love it and it smells just like the candle which I thought straightaway should have been a perfume instead!

Eos
Eos

When Noir de Noir first came out, I tested it and ran in the other direction. At that time my nose was not accustomed to smelling oud and was very sensitive to it.

BUT, years later while walking through SeaTac airport I smelled the most intoxicating trail of fragrance and followed it to its owner, an impeccably groomed Silicon Valley commuter in a dark blue suit and a just-shy-of-black burgundy tie. We chatted a little bit and he blew my mind when he admitted the lovely trail was Noir de Noir.

I tried it again and it has been love ever since.

On my skin, Noir de Noir is a beautiful dark, creamy and woody rose. There is an almost tactile richness to this scent, a velvety smooth sweetness at the base imparted by the vanilla. The patchouli, oud, saffron, truffle and moss are blended into a thick dark haze through which the red rose note shines and shimmers. Some might interpret the gestalt of Noir de Nore as gothic, but to me it is too finely calibrated to be written off with that one word. This rides the knife's edge between full saturation and too much. Stylistically it reminds me a lot of both POAL and Coromandel, though I would say that Noir de Noir smells like neither of them but somehow manages to ride the half way point between the two.

For those who say this fragrance skews to one end of the gender spectrum, I believe you. I believe you've smelled this either on yourself or someone else and thought it suited them perfectly. I've got news for you though: not everyone can rock this, but the lucky ones who can--they rock Noir de Noir hard regardless of gender.

honey1
honey1

I RECENTLY GOT A SAMPLE OF THIS. THE DRY DOWN IS AMAZING BUT THE STAYING POWER IS ZILCH!!I DRENCHED MYSELF IN THE LITTLE SAMPLE AND A FEW HOURS LATER, NOTHING. I CAN'T IMAGINE PAYING $220 FOR SOMETHING THAT HAS VERY LITTLE STAYING POWER.

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

Urgh no, sorry.

Deep dark, cosmic blast of an overly feminine rose. Waxy, lipsticky and overly pungent at the start.

Think anything but Rose 31 - the gentile, aquatic velvet of the rose and Piece de resistance of a masterful sprinkle of cumin is all thrown out the window here.

It also reminds me a bit of Visa (R Piguet) with that sort of 'velvety orange-y' thickness alongside the rose. Same sort of very floral-brite drydown too.

I have definitely learned 1 thing yesterday evening; that these type of 'Powerhouse roses' and crazy saffron/tuberosey combo's are just not for me, sorry!

Merciless, overbearing and definitely not unisex. Although of course, a guy can try to pull this off, if they dare. Or for a cosplay charity.

My rating: 5/10.

valentinocerca.amore

very very sublime parum 300 eu, provate essenza ferrari oud e troverete un fratello molto valido di noir de noir, ferrari essenza del volume di oud 70% Che Vuole dire il 20% di di essenza, Una vera bestia 14 ore Sulla mia pelle e Una PROIEZIONE di Qualche metro.

Stacierew
Stacierew

I think that in the lifetime of any perfume lover, we stumble upon scents that for whatever reason feel completely natural on our skin. We can wear the scent without growing tired of it, without offending the people around us, and without finding it abrasive in any way. It is a scent that simply captures who we are, works well with our chemistry, and somehow reflects our very essense. Noir de Noir is that scent for me.
Noir de Noir strikes me as a simple perfume in some ways. Most of my favorites are complicated patchouli bombs (Black orchid, Angel, Coromandel, etc.) with a million different notes unfurling as the hours wear on. NdN is much more pure and simple on my skin, but I think it is the simplicity that I find intriguing and elegant. Rose, vanilla, and a warm patchouli. In NdN, the rose is roughed up by the patch notes, and smoothed by the vanilla. The whole composition feels grounded and slightly edible due to the tuber. It is gorgeous and alluring. Romantic, dark, and pure of heart. One moment it strikes me as a clean, expensive "french soap" rose scent, and the next it feels like waking up the morning after a dirty romp in the sheets. In spite of this dichotomy (or perhaps because of it...) wearing this illicits a simple "yes" from my being. It is one of those rare scents that settles on my skin like a comfortable cat, warm, sensual, and beautiful.

mikenac
mikenac

Beautiful, deep rose opening with a complimentary Oud note. There is a lot of depth in the rose, and I didn't get tired of it, or think it was too sweet.

This reminds me of something one of the three musketeers would wear.

Can I pull off this much rose? Hopefully I can find out before my sample is gone.

raw umber
raw umber

Take Tom Ford's spare industrial White Patchouli, and add a crimson sparkling rose jam and a few shakes of bandaid rubber oud with some soft vanilla, and the result is Noir de Noir.

This is to White Patchouli, what Santal Majuscule is to Jeaux de Peau. It's darker and rosier, but the base is uncanny.

Personally I prefer Noir de Noir over WP for its richness. The rose doesn't turn to vinegar and remains glowing red. Thank you to the lovely member who enabled me to try this.

thiagomartini
thiagomartini

The "word count" thingy was sort of a joke and/or for illustrational purposes. Who am I to "decide" anything for anyone other than myself? Only people who need the approval of others can think that way. Go on, wear anything you want, I'm just expressing MY opinion, which does not need to matter for you if you know what you like.

So, let's rephrase it, in a way nobody gets their feelings hurt: to MY NOSE, and based on the culture of the place I live in, I - anyone else needs to agree - see this fragrance being worn by a female more than by a male, and, less for this than for many other reasons, I chose not to wear it.

You are no "less good" because you can see beauty where I can't. But the same way i can't make anyone "do not wear it" (BTW, have no reason to do so), nobody can make me "like it". It's a personal decision, yes you can be enriched by other people's view, but in the end its up to you. That´s scary for some people...

@Corpsefire and @Rob2b: I like rose/florals! Not everytime they work for me as a central note, but appreciate various constructions around flowers (Amouage Dia and Reflection, Insense Givenchy, JPG Le Male, the Dior Homme line and many many others)

Corpsefire
Corpsefire

First review here so bear with me please:

Noir de Noir (NdN) for me is the epitome of sexiness: the rose and patchouli combo and the undertones of (soft, non medicinal à la Montale) oud make it one hell of a scent.

It's welcoming and mysterious at the same time.

The perfume which garnered me the most compliments ever to be honest, whether in an outing, a club or even at an outdoor restaurant. Sometimes even getting hugs just for the sake of it :)

The only "complaint" I ever recieved was that it was "too heavy yet extremely pleasant"...if that even counts as a complaint!

NdN is heavy on the sillage and longevity so if you are too conscious about invading other people's olfactory system, go light on the trigger.

@thiagomartini: as a Middle-East citizen, I'd like to point out that rose doesn't necessarily mean it's a women's only perfume. Taifi rose for instance is unisex by definition.

That aside , if you like and it suits your skin type, just go ahead and spray!

genevieves
genevieves

@thiagomartini You decided this was a feminine perfume because the word "feminine" was mentioned 32 times? That makes...no sense at all. And FYI, the word count for masculine is 24. By your "logic", a whole lot for a "woman's" perfume.

I don't think you have the right to come here and just decide which gender this perfume belongs to. An opinion is one thing, a declaration is another.

Besides, a real man and a real woman don't even care about the perfume's gender characteristics. If they love it, they will wear it. And they will not care about any sort of word count. THAT's what a man does. A BOY will go and see what others think about it.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

It's gorgeous and it's unisex, period! :)

rob2b
rob2b

@Thiago: on the Arabian Peninsula, and indeed in many Middle Eastern countries, rose is considered a masculine note. Men in these countries proudly wear rose fragrances as a sign of their cleanliness and social standing.

Just because florals are considered feminine in one country/culture doesn't make this a rule everywhere.

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ I have never read reviews or watched video opinions on this TF before other than what I have seen on forum replies and the chain of notes above. I have this on my arm now as I type and I am completely neutral in my initial impression of testing. Of course I get the rose, chocolate (and red wine perhaps?) and it appears to remain the same and linear in the last two hours I have worn it. It is a touch sweet as I am getting more vanilla but perhaps too rich for the type of scent I usually enjoy. The dominant rose here no doubt will be the redeeming factor for my final opinion because I do enjoy florals. It definitely smells well blended and like it's price tag, expensive! My initial impression is this could be worn by a mature, elegant, confident woman or a man of the same but not just any man. He would need to be well dressed and well spoken and with this sprayed on his lapel would be complete!
Kind Regards, Plat ~
- I have seen this mentioned in "sexy scent" threads but to my nose this is more about power and magnetism in a bottle!

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

This juice is romantic sex in a bottle. This was the first Rose/Oud bases fragrance I smelled and ever since I've been looking for substitutes, but nothing has beaten this gem. Full bottle worthy, and a complete masterpiece.

Top 5 Tom Ford
Top 10 All Time For Me

psychdoc
psychdoc

Echoing what some of the other reviewers have said, this fragrance is very complex and special. Slightly more femme than masculine due to the rose notes; however, the notes of oud/agarwood, patchouli, and saffron add the masculine dimensionality to Noir de Noir. Smelling Noir de Noir brings a smile to my face. Something about it is very alluring and captivating and unlike any other frangrances I've encountered.

JB007
JB007

This is a very complex fragrance.

Rose
Patchouli
Musk
Dark Fruit
Truffles
Smoke
Wood

This fragrance could go masculine or feminine. It is VERY strong, I have to ration it or I'd have to wash it off to control it. Wonderful in small doses, and it gets better and better as it's worn. Too much and it irritates my eyes and might offend others. For as much as I am not into Patchouli or Roses, this fragrance really speaks to me.

While not my signature fragrance, this one is special, and eventually I caved in and bought it too. I have to admit, it does smell a bit like Thierry Mugler Angel at its core. This is a fragrance I wish I could dilute 20x and disperse the sprays for subtlety. Proceed with caution!

richardjw
richardjw

By far my favourite fragrance from the private blend line and despite it being a very romantic fragrance, I don't think this is a big hit for the ladies when worn by a guy. Regardless, I continue to wear this because I think it is truly a masterpiece and I love it which is all that matters to me.

Scent - 10/10

Projection - 8/10

Longevity - 9.5/10

acidnbase
acidnbase

Noir de Noir might probably be one of the top sellers of the Tom Ford Private Blend line together with Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille.. NdN is a masterfully blended concoction of rose, patchouli, vanilla and oud making it rich, dark and mysterious.. It somehow conveys romance and sensuality, no wonder it's often regarded as a date scent!

gmstrack
gmstrack

Noir de Noir by Tom Ford is the one that got away. It was my fault; I was too distracted by Sahara Noir, Oud Fleur, and Santal Blush to pay proper attention to the deceptively humble patchouli-rose perched at the other end of the fragrance counter. Sure, we all have our preferences, I am a sucker for incense, sandalwood, and floral-musks, and I typically approach the patchouli-rose blend with a neutral attitude. So, I overlooked NdN and fell into my predictable pattern at the perfume counter and purchased a bottle of…I don’t want to talk about it. I did, however, have the good sense to take home a sample of NdN. My first impression was, yes, this is a typical TF fragrance—very smooth, very approachable, and very mainstream. Yep, another sweet patchouli. But, as I kept sniffing, I realized that the floral element was rose and that I loved it. (Normally, rose is a tough note for me.) The patchouli was not apologetic, but was refined and folded into a boozy, honeyed structure. The rose element added a brightness that balanced the sweet earthiness, reminiscent of a good port wine aged in an oak barrel, although I would not say that NdN smells like port in a literal sense—it’s just something about how the elements are balanced. The polished patchouli oscillated between olive and earth, and I dare say that there could be a touch of oris root in the mix. The best part was the animalic shadow lurking in the background, a quiet musk-y mushroom, maybe oud?

Many fragrances in dangerous-looking black bottles tout the Noir name, yet fall short of living up to the idea of seduction in the darkness (Coco Noir—seriously). NdN is one of the few that deserve to be called “Noir” and I’ll keep pouring on the compliments and say that it transcends the culturally imposed gender boundary. Anyone who likes this fragrance can “own it” with little effort and avoid feeling like one is wearing a costume. That said, NdN did fall apart a little after a couple hours and lost its dirtiness while becoming excessively sweet. And—this needs to be said—NdN isn’t original or ground breaking and we’ve smelled this type of fragrance many times before, but it’s damn good.

tr_bg
tr_bg

All Tom Ford fragrances are winners!

aschiffm
aschiffm

there's rose in this?? to my nose, this smells like a drunken luscious patchoili who's been at the dive bar drinkin some shots. its very liquidy and vanilla smooth. very earthy deep dark and boozily sweet. smells a bit like chocolate. reminds me of tom ford's discontinued Black Violet a little bit.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Noir Noir is one of those precious drydowns, should wait for this phase.
In his opening feel an air machiavellian with classic vibe, is the rose with her bitter side, also powdery along with a strong medicinal agarwood which makes it difficult to like.
In minutes patchouli entry with the touch earthy camphor, will already softening like a velvet texture and prepares the entry of a wonderful vanilla which can embrace all the previous notes and turn it into a wonderful aroma.
Results in a semisweet chocolate woody, beautiful scent but do not think it´s a masterpiece.

friend
friend

Such taste in the reviews below resorting to potty humor to articulate their dislike for this fragrance. Some things are just outside of an individual's ability to discern grace, class, and beauty. Let those who poo-poo it find solace in the fragrance of the bark, nuts, and flowers of aging parlor wreaths. There, mediocrity reigns. There, their nose and mouths will be quiet.

Cireal
Cireal

Beautiful dark and rich fragrance with a well done rose.

Armaf Club de Nuit Intense for women is almost a identical clone to Tom Ford Noir de Noir. Great longevity and a fraction of the cost.

Nonetheless, Tom Ford never fails.
I'm highly impressed with both fragrances.

EidUmar
EidUmar

A sufi poet once said: 'Be the Love of the perfume that perishes itself to give its master the gift of scent of the senses.' I think Noir de Noir epitomizes this wisdom elegantly.

jsaliga
jsaliga

A fragrance can smell good and expensive. They aren't mutually exclusive. This one is both, and at least it can be said that it doesn't smell cheap but is very expensive.

This is a beautiful, superbly blended fragrance. It took a few wearings from a 10ml decant for me to fully appreciate Noir de Noir. But in the end I was sold and purchased a 100ml bottle. I will wear it frequently.

I buy fragrances because I enjoy their smell and how they make me feel; I wear them whenever the mood strikes me. Most of the time I don't much care what other people think of my fragrances. The only exception is when I am interacting directly with clients or in business meetings, and at those times I wear very safe scents that are not too loud.

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

Wasn't a fan. Noir de Noir?? --More like "pink de pink". This fragrance seems like something I would buy my mom for Mother's Day and she would LOVE it, whereas the name conveys a chiseled man in a sharp suit.

When I spray it on, it smells like something my dad would wear. After dry down, it smells like something my grandmother would wear.

It's a great fragrance, don't get me wrong, but the rosey powdery notes do not exude "Black on Black". I wouldn't even wear this scent at night. 6/10 for me personally, but is of much higher quality than my rating conveys.

Fluffyandpuffy
Fluffyandpuffy

This one reminds me of going into the bathroom when my grandmother is getting ready for church. The blast of Aquanet hairspray with her Avon Charisma perfume. Brings back memories. But wait a while and it'll calm down to a more pleasant spicy vanilla scent.

landshark321
landshark321

Tom Ford's Noir de Noir, like his Cafe Rose, is another great use of a rose note, but rather than taking a woody turn, it really takes a unique twist toward the dark, as its name suggests. Provocative and dense, it's a fragrance of distinction that conjures the night and romance. It's mysterious, as the mix of the notes, even the most prominent notes, don't seem to fully encapsulate the fragrance or its evolution (it's not particularly dynamic or linear).

The opening is a bright floral burst, becoming a more subdued mix of rose, patchouli, and vanilla with the dry down. I agree with those that offer that it has a chocolate vibe, but this is likely the result of the vanilla/patchouli mix. The oud note is not as strong as in Cafe Rose, although there is a still spicy character to Noir de Noir. Somehow, it's rosy, and slightly sweet and spicy, but not exactly a gourmand.

Projection and longevity are excellent---it is a powerhouse fragrance that could fill a room with a few sprays and lasts 12+ hours, in the the Tobacco Vanille range of long-lasting. Definitely a night fragrance, and leaning toward cold-weather usage if for no reason than its strength, I agree with its common characterization as a scent to don for formal occasions, and especially dates.

It does lean slightly feminine, like Cafe Rose, though I think this too works for both men and women alike, and the femininity/comfort with wearing it as a man depends on one's skin and preferences. I really can see it going both ways, but as a man I like it a lot and it'll be one of the next I buy for sure. Men who are not generally fans of rose should probably steer clear, but for any other takers, do try this out to at least see if, at least to you, it lives up to the hype.

10 out of 10

Can someone send me a bottle! Lol best scent ! Love. This and tobacco vanille

Heverton Mavera
Heverton Mavera

The best parfum ever!

10/10.

annajurgenson

I think I should to have known better before starting to write review right of the bet..I have been testing perfumes for about 3 months. I now and go back and re-read some of my reviews and I just want to shoot myself lol. Noir de Noir is one of them. Love it. Have no idea where my nose was a few months ago, but I am pretty sure it is in the right place now. It is a magic in a bottle. Sexy boozy rose with truffles and oud to ground and some patch that I adore. I personally don't need an occasion to wear it. I wear this to bed to sleep better and feel like a sexy beast of a woman that I am :P Cheears and keep on smelling great.

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

bought this in 100ml (the last bottle of this) for Valentine's Day today.... now what to say about this........

if you take the patchouli Amber accord from Tom Fords Noir Men, the dirty chocolate earthiness from black orchid, and the thick rose from Cafe Rose then blend them you have noir de noir but it doesn't smell anything like them to the point you can alternate but share strong relationships with the three

noir de noir upon sniffing the bottle smells like a rose but once you spray it that truffle note which is dirty and thick mixes with patchouli which has some similarities to Noir by TF but WAY MORE TONED DOWN AND CLASSY... the Rose has a wine like quality as if it's Carnal Chocolate mixed with naughty tones of patchouli and laced with rose liqueur

the vanilla is very subtle and the saffron gives it a leather accord adding a more expensive quality to that rich wine mixture... I basically call this black orchid when she's classy and tamed but still carnal at heart... a proud purchase and I hope they don't discontinue

birkanalayci
birkanalayci

Darkest, most county, most gothic smell ever. It's a luxury extract. Love it.

Vlud
Vlud

Very sensual, intense and sexy. A sweet Cabernet drizzled over Black Baccara roses...Swiss vanilla chocolate that melts in a summer sunset revealing the perfect warming aura of seduction...

A Masterpiece.

alittleofeverything
alittleofeverything

I finally own this, and it's all I ever want to smell. On me it's quite sweet and decidedly feminine, rose-vanilla-truffle-saffron, in that order.

Now, if only my life had more occasions where I could wear this. I have to stress, this is NOT a daytime, or casual fragrance. Don't even think of spraying it if you're wearing jeans.

Intoxicating, sexy, and worth every penny.

Oudy
Oudy

I got a sample of this because it has oud in it. It's an ok perfume, but it's just a bit heavy on the rose and vanilla for my taste. I kept waiting for those notes to cool out a bit and the oud to step forth and wave it's woody wand around, but it never did. At least on my skin. I'm ok with the sample in this case.

Scent 5/10
Projection 8/10
Fortitude 8/10

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

Beautiful, this stuff is beautiful.

Rose, chocolate, truffle. The slightest hint of black cherry and red wine.

Stunning composition.

Heartily recommended for an evening out.

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Overall: 8/10
Here's Why:
Lovely. Captivating. Sweet, musky and masculine. envelopes beautifully in the drydown. Very well blended and seamless transition.
BUT, it is soft, for me at least. It smells common. Nothing entirely New, nothing entirely special - but beautiful and well crafted.
Much like Tom Ford's place of residence: New Mexico.
It's not relly new, and it's not really Mexico.

HBW44
HBW44

This is my signature fragrance for night time or any occasion where I need to be on top form.

Noir de Noir is seductive, sexy and rich at the same time. It winks at people for you and seduces them in to trusting you.

If this was in a film it would be in a romantic scene where the lady still has her long, flowing red dress on. The black rose she wore in her hair dropped onto the earth on their way. It's lowly lit with just the odd street lamp, you're not quite sure what's lurking in the shadows, but I can tell you it's the oud.

I honestly believe it's Tom Ford's greatest creation, and I feel so confident with this on I almost use it superstitiously now.

This is a powerful, dark, romantic, sexy post dinner walk behind the rose bushes, chocolate petit fours still on the breath, treading through earth on your way. Like a film noir, we never find out what happens after they lean in.

Everything it tries, it does. 10/10 It's perfect. It's addictive.

annajurgenson

I was almost ready to buy, but since my body chemistry seems to play a big role in everything I wear, I got a sample first. Opens up nice and rich with honey rose and a touch of patchouli. Just beautiful. On my skin dries down rather fast and leaves a light sweet powdery finish that I can not really place. For now I have a few rose/patches that I want more..but it is def. on my WL.

myonlyvice
myonlyvice

I agree with Allen-at-home, this one is pleasant but rather shallow; does not justify the price tag. Just like a fraction in Algebra, The Tom Ford Noir is greater than the Noir squared.

imanpower
imanpower

zayif karakterli abartilmis bir parfum markasi tom ford olmasa konusulmazdi bile... bir tuscan leather yada tobacco vanille degil.

berberfrag
berberfrag

Noir de Noir is the best Tom Ford fragrance in my opinion! It is rich, dark, sensuous, creamy, and intoxicating. The name suits the fragrance perfectly. The image I get when I smell this is being outdoors at midnight, being surrounded by dark red roses, woods, bitter chocolate, and moist dirt. The ingredients mesh perfectly together, creating a mostly linear scent that is utterly unique. The red rose is enhanced with the bitterness and slight creaminess of dark chocolate. The patchouli allows for the scent to become dirty and raw. A little bit of oud is added to provide an aura of mystery without delving into a cliche rose-oud combo. The black truffle is an unusual note that pulls us further into the mystery of Noir de Noir. All the notes blend perfectly together and create a unique scent that is truly addictive. Lasts forever and projects like a monster. 10/10

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

Very tart, not enough character. Linear, nothing underneath. The fact that it seems linear to me isn’t a problem, but it certainly isn’t good enough to justify a purchase. Plum Japonais is a much better scent, but it also suffers from weak construction. The name “Noir de Noir” is pretentious and misleading: nothing “noir” about it. In fact, I think it’s quite… bright. If I were Tom Ford, I would be embarrassed by both the scent AND the name.

rprovenz

Romance in a bottle. An unmatched cold weather date night scent.

Madame-Ambergris
Madame-Ambergris

Noir de Noir opens with a bold, sensual rose note that is combined with spicy saffron. It develops beautifully into a sensual almost chocolatey dry down created by combining patchouli , vanilla and agarwood. It is an opulent fragrance that marries perfectly with its black and gold packaging. A true "sharing" fragrance in the sense that either men or women can wear it, NOIR DE NOIR integrates oud without letting it lead the fragrance but rather by letting Oud's character sublimate the rest of the accord. A beauty !

Lana148
Lana148

Wonderful, delicious, dark, rose fragrance. This is something Montale does a lot - rose-oud combination with a touch of saffron and patchouli. Reminds me of Red Aoud. Also, Agarwoud by James Heeley smells similar to this.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

While this may not be the most practical scent for me out of TF's Private Blend line... It's yet another masterpiece that didn't disappoint! Certainly madly in love, and I proudly wear it often regardless of how 'out of place' it will feel on a normal, average Wednesday, so to speak.

The atmosphere on this one is heavy - it's crazy. Such a dense, dark, yet romantic & delicate scent. I love the multi-faceted emotion that's lurking in this juice. Noir de Noir smells like heartache & freakshows, crushed velvet, Turkish Delight, the royal purple blackness around midnight, looooong limousines - an exotic, boozy gourmand.

The opening of this fragrance is STRONG - it's nothing to mess around with. (I would apply at LEAST an hour before leaving the house). There's a strong, dewy, but edible rose, patchouli, and that tuber note + a chocolate-y oud accord that gives this a foreboding feeling during the initial application. I often get lots of dense, red wine in this part of the note progression too - though it's not listed, it's a definite "wine accord" from some blend of notes here! Around that 40minute/1hr mark, the scent starts to turn into a velvet-y smooth blend of eeeeeevery single note in the scent pyramid - it's very balanced and poised, 100% truly unisex, and nose-catching. The dry-down is what made me fall head over heels in love - a slightly smokey vanilla residue is left, with the ghost-of-Noir-de-Noir-past still lingering, but barely there.

To me, this feels somewhat like the "exclusive" version of Black Orchid - that earthy tuber note can't help but make me draw comparisons. I much prefer Noir de Noir, since the lack of incense and addition of rose makes it less stifling, and more wearable. Plus the addition of romance, and subtraction of "musty Dracula's coffin" accord. (Still love you, Black Orchid, sometimes you're just a little creepy!)

Definitely a scent that every collector needs to try out, male or female! While I love this scent, it smells ABSOLUTELY DIVINE on my boyfriend as well! I think any gender can seduce any nose with this juice. Perfection.

Wonderful vanilla scent. Unlike most of voters, I can smell mainly subtle, warm, beautiful vanilla with a bit of rose. It's so ladylike, charming, amazing scent that I can't describe it properly! All words I use now, seem to be not enough to give you the idea of this scent's beauty.
I'm in love with it!

Degraf
Degraf

Intoxicating, seducing, dark and mysterious. Feel like am in the phantom of the opera.. My husband loves it on me. Gave it a 9 out of 10. Sadly is fades out in 2/3 hrs tops after intial spray on wrist and neck. Its still a keeper. I wear it day or night. Life is short..we wait to long to start living and everyday is a gift so i wear what i want..when i want.
On the other hand, i do steal a spritz now and then of tobacco vanille from my husband. Its stays about 8/9hours on my wrist or neck. I find it slightly to be more on the masculine side. I love tobacco scent because i wear bottega venatta and often get compliments on it.
I just ordered jasmine rouge!

tatonnement
tatonnement

I don't like florals but this is something entirely different. While it has a thick, intense bouquet of florals embedded in it, they have a twisted oud aspect to them. As though someone took a powerful botantical arrangement and dipped it into a barrel of delicious, heady oud.

The initial spray is very strong and nearly suffocating. However, give it some time - it settles into dark woods with blooming roses delicately moving through that woodsy threshold. Then comes the exquisite blend of saffron vs patchouli, neither overpowering the other. What a mesmerizing fragrance, even for someone like myself whom normally recoils at the thought of a flowery perfume.

Funny story...

I sprayed this onto a jacket a while back and was rummaging through my closet weeks later. Something struck me as smelling divine and my nose followed it to that very jacket pumping out sweet, sweet noir de noir juice. Tantilizing with incredible longevity - intoxicating. My nose was glued to that jacket. Not a scent for daytime or the office I reckon, definitely a dark, come hither frag. Rawr!

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Noir de Noir is a fairly ordinary "rich" floral scent, quite on the masculine side - dry, dark, elegantly austere - with a darker base comprising oud and a bunch of spices. Sophisticated, opulent but also restrained enough, clean, carnal, dense. The rose note, which is the main flower here, is nice and fairly bold – bolder than oud, so I won't consider this a "oud-rose" scent, but rather the opposite. The other most prominent note is vanilla, which is quite good: sweet, velvety, dusty, slightly smoky and almost earthy, finally a "complete", good quality and realistic vanilla note - and not a cloying, ice-creamish synthetic bomb. A hint of floor cleaner, as usually with synthetic roses, completes the blend. Overall I'd say that "it smells expensive" reflects both the best way to describe this, and the average target of people which this may suit - that is, people which want to smell "expensive". Me? I prefer to smell good.

6,5/10

adebayoayeni
adebayoayeni

WITH ALL FAIRNESS THIS IS THE BEST TOM FORD PRODUCT I HAVE. THE SMELL IS LUXIROUS,ROSE LIKE,AND LASTS VERY LONG. IT COUD BE MISTAKEN FOR A FEMALE PERFUME,BUT THE DRY DOWN ALWAYS BRING OUT THE REAL UNISEX SECRET OF THE FRAGRANCE. AGAIN I LOVE THIS.

little elf
little elf

You know when milk chocolate starts to melt a bit and it gets that smell that's, well... not really good? Still chocolately, but almost a bit sour, rather than the slightly bitter, cool sweetness that fresh dark chocolate has. That's the kind of chocolate I get in Noir de Noir, and I get LOTS of it. A shame, because the rose and patchouli combination in this is amazing, but I don't want to smell like a kid who has hershey kisses smeared all over their face.

There is no actual chocolate listed in this as a note, so I suspect it's the oud and tuber that gives the impression of chocolate. Tuber has a distinct earthy, slightly chocolately smell. I like it. I've yet to find an oud that doesn't smell awful on me though, so that must be the culprit.

Allan R
Allan R

An almost ridiculously luxurious scent. Chocolate truffle, porto wine, ripening roses, warm pastry...

Wearing it feels like being on a date. Which means it's weird to wear it during daytime -- like going grocery shopping in a tuxedo.

(I love it, by the way.)

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

Imagine taking the darkest, most exotic rose and blending it with ingredients only improving the murky, heavy side of rose. What you receive is dark luxuriousness.

Noir De Noir opens with very heavy/heady florals. An intoxicating brew highlighting rose in all of its glory is transported with a light dousing of gourmand truffle; naturally reminiscent of the underground with the dewey earthiness of soil.What you receive is an incredibly earthy perfume reminiscent of cocoa, boozy dry fruit, port wine and dark chocolate. The harsh clinical smell of agarwood is lost in the fray of rose and sweetness and instead pulses heavy woody notes that makes for a lovely drydown. I also receive a healthy amount of spicy saffron; the bitterness here works in tandem with the dark notes of cocoa and booze laden dried fruit.

This contrasts delightfully with the sweetness of vanilla and a hint of patchouli. A little bit of sweet ‘sugar’ enhances the flavours and helps develop newer ones too. Sweetness accentuates and indirectly makes the notes of dry fruit, cocoa and red wine come out stronger for the black gilded rose.

In the drydown oak moss and oud are very pronounced. I find in this fragrance things tend to get quieter – but not necessarily a change in detectable smells. I can’t say I like oakmoss (Drakkar Noir is like garlic to vampires for me) and it’s pleasant, but not amazing on my account. Oakmoss is a haunting and chilly fungus that gives body and an indisputable creaminess that compliments the rose wonderfully.

Noir De Noir will be a memorable fragrance. It is the antithesis of ubiquitous fragrance; boozey, heavy, a deliciously good opening with a confidant drydown that will turn heads. It’s incredibly sexy chypre focusing on the interplay between an array of notes and especially patchouli and oakmoss. Rose is the focal note here that is complex one and undergoes a series of changes.

In light of this, more woods, some leather or some incense may have made Noir De Noir a more accessible fragrance and a must buy for me. Floral-Chypres can be bland.

Floral, gourmand, dark, resinous and lavish; all in one. Wear at own risk. 4/5

thiefofnoses
thiefofnoses

I love the review of Radiation quite a few reviews below this one which summarises Noir de Noir as 'Valentine's Day in a bottle'. In fact, I actually wore this on Valentine's Day evening at a lovely small restaurant, which set up chairs in the laneway next to it (it sounds less romantic than it actually was!)

The scent itself? Rosy-chocolately-earthly-truffly goodness. It's a big fluffy pillow of a fragrance that you can just lie back in while you close your eyes and savour.

That said, I personally find it doesn't have quite the same cachet it used to. There are a lot of rose-oud combos available now and Noir de Noir has lost some of its uniqueness for me. It is however undoubtedly still a fine example of the genre and something I wear when I want to remind myself just how good perfumes can be and why I got into this passion in the first place.

edmondsee
edmondsee

Tom Ford’s Noir de Noir
An Operatic Evening

The evening sky is looming with dark tropical rain clouds, dangerously sauntering in towards the cape. I can feel the moist cool wind, herded in by the advancing weather, jolting through my red velvet cloak as I stand in a lush rose garden, barely visible in the dimming light. The earth felt so alive with fumes of chocolatey breaths funnelling through the denseness of the rose bushes.

As I stand there, dressed immaculately for the evening, I feel an operatic evening full of passion and drama about to begin right in this elegant Cape of Flowers, as it is aptly called. So high is this anticipation, that the threatening storm appears at a distance, and flashes of lighting accompanied by muted thunder seem to dance the opening act of the epic which is about to unfold.

A warm ambery vanilla wafts through the air and the show begins.

Note: Cape of Flowers is the literal translation of Tanjung Bungah, a hilly outcrop on the island of Penang, near to the UNESCO World Heritage site of George Town. Imagine being in a historical former British Straits Settlement, walking through lush tropical greenery and stately buildings, bathed in Noir de Noir. Ah….a setting fit for the most dramatic of operas.

See Teik Guan
Betel Nut Chronicles

psloves
psloves

This is my favourite rose scent, with the notes well blended making it classy, sophisticated & sexy.

There are lots of comparisons to BO & WP, I own both & to me neither are like this. As with most TF scents I find this distinctive & unique. I think people may be trying to find a cheaper alternative due to the high price tag.

I was luckily enough to receive this as an Christmas present. I absolutely love & it has become my signature scent. I have a 100ml bottle but use it only for special occasions due to the price.

Some people feel this is more masculine than feminine but I think it's a good rounded unisex fragrance, on my skin it projects feminine.

For me this is the perfect Rose which I have been searching for, for a long time. I love!

GMK
GMK

Never been a fan of Rose note in fragrances except a few exceptions, Noir de Noir starts with a lot of Rose which I hardly survive only to enjoy the beautiful drydown.

The dry down is all I love about this fragrance , a very good choice for evening wear in casual settings.

Muznabutt
Muznabutt

im beginning to amass a collection of oud/rose perfumes now! just got this and am loving the chocolately scent! its warm and comforting and the rose and oud is well balanced. loving the earthy notes and will wear this often!

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

The opening didn't captivate my full attention initially.. However The dry down enticed me slowly, methodically seducing my senses..This fragrance could have easily been called Valentines Day.. Romantic whiffs of Chocolate truffles, Wine, and roses.. Absolutely gorgeous, subtly sexy, classy.. For nocturnal and/or formal purposes to maximize this distinguished scent..Tom Ford rarely disappoints and neither does Noir De Noir..

dkny27
dkny27

This is just proof positive that skin chemistry, weather temperature and the development of the fume all depends on the "nose of the beholder".

This goes on my skin with the most pungent nose repelling cloud, but it's addicting... Make sense??

Fast forward a half hour and the air carrying the scent is beautiful, rich and nostalgic. Vanilla rose, subtle patchouli, settled down oud and oakmoss.... This is a scent that you don't have to press you nose to your arm to smell, it carries on the breeze to you!

muzzbait
muzzbait

this was my first rose-oud blend, so it'll have a special part in my heart, but for mine, it's waaay too common with other tom ford scents. sure, the ingredients are different and whatnot, but there is a common tom ford 'accord' that is apparent in many of his scents. black violet has it, champaca absolute has it and so do others. unfortunately, it's a common theme that doesn't set it apart from many of his other scents. nonetheless, this is still quite wonderful, but not the best in the rose-oud category. kilian's 'rose oud', kurkdjian's 'oud silk mood', armani/prive's 'rose d'arabie' and even dior's 'oud ispahan' offer more depth and complexity. still good enough to own, albeit in a smaller sample size...

Cams
Cams

Gorgeously beautiful and classy, perfectly blended rose, oud and vanilla with patchouli as the supporting act. Wonderful!

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I don't know where to begin with this one. So dark and rich its intoxicating. To me it smells like damp roses, dark chocolate and wood. Heavy sweetness with a touch of masculine musk.
A real head turner. Ive had people stop me on the street to ask what I am wearing. Def for cold weather, a formal event or a special night out. Maybe ONE spray to the chest from a foot away might work for the office, but no more.
Its expensive but worth it. An indulgence for when you want to be noticed. One of my new favorites.

agentj
agentj

I got a 4ml sample of this in the mail today. I am 48, so don't quite consider myself "old lady" yet. My teenagers think I'm pretty cool anyway... So, my first impression was that I like it, and it smells different from other rose scents like Tauer Incense Rose (which I hoped I would love but don't even like), and TF Cafe Rose (which is sharp and sour on me), this smells like a lovely and inexpensive rose chypre that's already in my closet. A masterpiece? I may not be the best judge of that. But it's definitely classy and well made.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

DISCLAIMER: MOST PEOPLE WILL NOT LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY

Am I the only one here that seems to think this smells simply like an older lady perfume? It has a very dated generic rose scent. Although the ingredients and smells are all very natural it just doesn't smell good to me! Or anyone else I have spoken to about this scent. I let many of my friends and family smell this perfume and all came to the same conclusion. It was an older lady perfume that had a "stuffy" quality to it. They found nothing "sexy" (As many people think it is) about it! In fact out of about 20 or so people I let sample this, not a single person said they liked the scent....where is the disconnect?

In the fragrance community this is hailed as a "masterpiece" and the "sexiest" fragrance ever made. However, my experience and other peoples' experiences have all be average or even negative concerning this perfume. Even a very sophisticated female friend of mine that has an amazing nose for fragrances as well as smells in general told me this smelled like a cheap old lady scent they used to sell in Russia decades ago for next to nothing. Although she admitted the rose was authentic (She has a vast flower garden) and there was nothing synthetic...she just didn't like the perfume. When I told her the price she nearly had a heart attack!!

I understand that people will like what they like and every can have his or her own opinion. That said, my opinion is that this is not to my liking. It is not sexy, it is not a masterpiece, and it does not smell all that good.

I know that people who disagree with what I have to say will "thumbs down" my comment until it disappears but while it lasts, just think before you shell out $210 or more for Tom Ford if you are buying it because you like it or because of the name and hype.

rprovenz

Very sexy date night scent...women love it. That trumps bulls hit about it being generic or whatever the fuck....

craniumbash
craniumbash

I think I was expecting too much from it due to the reviews listed below but this is not that good. The flock of perfumers heading towards the overused rose combinations is getting so boring and the rose in noir de noir smells like that cheap kind available throughtout asian continent. If I wanted to smell like simple boring rose dominated fragrance, I would have gone with pure rose attars, because at least some rose variations in those attars are interesting.

Yudum

@Poboijosh Im glad you shared your views with me. As you said you are a Tom Ford enthusiast I can understand that you are spending a lot of money on his perfumes. Personally I think that noir de noir is extremely overrated. I got a sample based on the reviews here and expected the best perfume in the world, however I was quite dissapointed. Maybe because I am used to these notes living in Turkey and you are not. Either way I do think that White Patchouli is very similar, maybe you do not want to find a similarity because Noir de Noir is more expensive, but I can still smell the chocolate faint rose turkish delight smell in WP. Of course everyone shares there personal opinions here, but as you said that I shouldnt state such things as not to mix up the minds of those who have not yet smelt either perfume, to be honest I believe I am doing a favour. Obviously you dont have to agree with me, but seriously anyone with two nostrils can smell a similarity between the two and I would still advise people that are thinking of buying to go and try the two. Still I think that no one should buy anything blindly here based on the reviews as I have done before. And if you dont get any of the notes in it well thats too bad :)

Yudum

I Smelt white patchouli today and I though where had I smelt this before... It is the lighter version of noir de noir. And then i thought OMG people should not be paying that much and just go and buy white patchouli. So guys if you love the fragrance but dont have enough cash I would advise you to listen to me, and if you dont believe me then go and try for yourselves. I think that white patchouli is actually nicer as it is more subtle. The notes have nothing to do with noir de noir but tom fors has fooled us:)

krsams1
krsams1

Enough said. This is the best Tom Ford has to offer. Tobacco Vanille gets all the press for raw power, projection, sillage, and longevity but this scent is dark, brooding, complex, and utterly beautiful. As close to masterpiece as I'm come.

crossdx
crossdx

This is the scent I imagine the Phantom of the Opera was wearing as he sang "The Music of the Night" to Christine in his underground lair.

Darkness, Mystery, Seduction... the caress of an achingly beautiful rose on a pallet of onyx and ebony. The promises of love, freedom and pleasure in a land of eternal shadow.

Projection/Sillage: 9/10

Overall: 9.5/10

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

Ah, my perfect rose. How can words describe how much I love thee??? If not for the tremendous price, I would snatch you up in a second. I am cherishing my 15 mL decant. I could bathe in this scent. I could go on and on about the notes, but why? All that needs to be said is if you are a rose lover, you MUST try this. No questions asked... get your hands on a sample. What are you waiting for?? The richness, the sweetness, the gorgeous patchouli... it's enough to make you cry with the happiest emotions. That perfect blend of rose and vanilla- it's everything I wanted when I bought Jo Malone Rosewater Vanilla, but didn't get. Rose heaven <3

iPaul
iPaul

Noir de Noir smells exactly like turkish delight.It has great projection and longevity.

oman1234

Absolutely amazing ! cannot wear in summer though but perfect for winter

honeykv
honeykv

Out of this world, just simply outstanding wow.
must have for rose lovers.

It is one of the best rose dominant fragrances and it's a masculine scent so don't worry if you do not like rose in your fragrances.

If you haven't tried Tom Ford Private Blend Noir de Noir then it's a must, try it now, trust me you wont be disappointed.

prodigy
prodigy

Simply intoxicating. Just try it. So damn good.

Cyrule
Cyrule

When I first received my decant, I was overwhelmed by how rosy it was. There was something slightly fruity going on in the background, but rose was the overwhelming top note. (Mind you, a first tried this small portion on my skin during a warm day when I first got it.)Since I'm not a big rose fan myself, I almost gave away the rest of my already meager 1 mL decant.
Instead, I wore it one more time, to a gothic-themed event I was attending during the evening. What a difference. During the evening it instead exposes the patchouli as the second most dominant ingredient in the mix. This added woodiness is what makes the fragrance possible for a man to pull off. There's also a gasoline-like note (oud?) that adds more character to the fragrance as a whole. During the drydown you can find the chocolaty note, but for me I could only identify it if I burrowed my nose against my wrist.
All in all, I like Noir de Noir, but don't love it. Additionally, I just found it too situational to justify the price.

majecatracho

This scent has grown on me, at first i didnt think it was all that but now i love the chocolate and roses combo. Women love this fragrance and it invites them to be closer to you because it is very mysterious.
I will be saving for a bottle of this juice.

Yudum

This smells like chocolate covered rose turkish delight. I got a sample today and wasnt really into it. Its nice but I wouldnt pay that price to buy it. I think that Tom Ford was inspired by Turkey because for a Turkish person it smells like rose water that is found in everyones house. His other smell Tabacco Vanille smells like `Mesir Macunu` this is a Turkish sweet that is sold everywhere. It smells spicy and cinnamony but as I said it just smells like orniary stuff found in Turkey. I can nderstand why peopple abroad find this interesting because they are not used to it. I wold find something that is not found in turkey interesting. So if you are Turkish I would tell you that it is nothing to be worth buying. I hope I helped :)

estewart51
estewart51

Absolutely spectacular. From the calming wood and rose opening to the buttery sweet dry down, Noir de Noir is as sophisticated as fragrances get. This is probably my favorite rose based fragrance ever.

Rose 31 for my mother, Noir de Noir for me.

Woody-rose plus vanilla and patchouli. I'm not a fan of half the notes involved here but there's something so nailed about Noir De Noir that makes it impossible for me to dislike it. Thick but not heavy handed, good balance between the earthy notes and the sweet ones. Satisfying performance.

Maybe if smelled today for the first time, it might result a bit too stereotyped but still pretty darned good if you're fine with the price tag and a tad of decadence.

Rating: 7.5/10

Radiation
Radiation

Rose, vanilla, chocolate... If I had to summarize this scent it would be Valentines day in a bottle. Think of spending the day with a loved one who showers you with gifts of roses, and a heart shaped box full of decadent truffles. The rose on my skin is absolutely the most prominent note followed by chocolate and vanilla. Somewhere in the back is that earthiness.

I can see why people think of this scent is old school. Rose is certainly no stranger to the fragrance world, nor will it ever be considered outdated. The spin Tom Ford puts on this rose is the addition of the patchouli, tuber, and oud that gives this fragrance a sweeter earthy vibe. Combined with that valentines day chocolate and hint of vanilla and you have something that actually manages to stand apart from other rose based frags.

All that said while this fragrance is not redefining rosewater scents, it is gorgeously composed. Very well executed (it's Tom Ford, of course it is) like many of his frags this one tells a very specific story. My wife loves it on me for what that's worth and for a sweeter scent I like this one on my skin more than most with this kind of balance. In the realm of TF frags this one has taken some time, but has finally really started appealing to me.

alex.ginhoux
alex.ginhoux

Very Chic!

Without a doubt, Elegance in a bottle.

Don't get afraid with rose, because it is blended to perfection for Man.

Plus, the rose has this irrestible juicy note(i didn"t say fruity).

AlexX

angel57
angel57

This is yet another warm and sensual fragrance from Tom Ford. I recently purchased the Oud Wood body moisturizer, and decided to dab samples of Noir de Noir and Oud Wood after applying it. The blending on my skin is simply luscious. I know there have been some who have had an issue with the rose in both fragrances, but at least for me, personally, it isn't overpowering at all. Can't decide which full size fragrance I'll splurge on first, but both of them work perfectly for me!

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

A perfect, well balanced, different scent. it fix better if you wear tuxedo or an elegant black dress... the only risk is that if you use this for a fried wedding, you will capt more attention than the bride.

arrode
arrode

To me, I mostly get rose and a very light spice. On skin it's more vanillic, while airborne this smells mostly of roses. I can kind of get that chocolate smell people are talking about. Very late in the drydown I get a light patchouli. It's very light compared to the powerhouses in the rest of the Tom Ford private blend line, but I enjoy that. This was my first full bottle purchase from the private blend line and I'm quite pleased with it. For a unisex, I think this leans quite far to the feminine side. Quite polite in projection and non-offensive. The lasting power is amazing! Well over 12 hrs.

farang
farang

A disappointment, I am afraid, I had high hopes. I don't get much chocolate, and mostly it is a rather weak rose-vanilla-wood combo. Not very lasting and weak projection. For a masculine rose, I'd rather stick to Rosam and Lyric Man.

din.bolis
din.bolis

i thing the best perfumes of tom ford is tobacco oud and noir de noir and if you used together the result its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me

ابداع ابداع ابداع
اوووه شيء فخم

بصراحه اذا اردت ان تهدأ اعصابك تعطر به
لكن الذي لايحب رائحة العود والسبايسي لا يشتريه لانه
اقرب لرائحة الصندل والعود مع الورد

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

Una vaniglia calda, scura, cremosa, molto simile a Musc Ravageur di Malle, appunto una vaniglia nera.
La rosa non riesce a sbocciare, troppo sommersa da questa colata assoluta di crema e di dolcezza decadente. Comunque un bel profumo, sensuale, ottima persistenza.

mossyoakpenn
mossyoakpenn

The following review is really for my notes only, its very brief and leaves out a ton of details. Im just typing something that I remember each by. Im sure I will disrespect someones favorite fragrance too.

Lots of rose with a smidgen of oud. Not for me.

ColognesInCollege
ColognesInCollege

There's a lot that can be said about this and more specifically my intense love of it and of Tom Ford everything in general. However, a lot has been said before and there's little that can be added. Class, elegance, romance and intimate are all words synonymous with this perfume and they all fit together to create a masterpiece. Rather than delve into the notes or the performance or all the other stuff that people long before me have all mentioned, I will share with you a story from my morning and the first time wearing this at work. The first thing that was said to me in the morning by my co-worker was good morning followed not 5 seconds later by the second thing. a gasped "Ohhhh! You smell nice! What are you wearing!? Sorry.. that was inappropriate". If you want unsolicited comments, this will do it. Truly art in a bottle.

EDIT: Having only had a sample from when I purchased Tobacco Vanille, I wore it a few times (such as the work occasion mentioned above) to test it out. I yesterday had no choice but to go and buy a full bottle. I love this stuff.

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

What hasn't been said about this stuff?

I decided to put my take on here. Maybe it'll be different from everyone else. Maybe not.

Noir de Noir was the FIRST Tom Ford fragrance that I have had the pleasure of owning. When I saw the price tag, I looked at my credit card almost in tears and bought it. Keep in mind I had NEVER smelled this before. I was hearing all of this stuff about Tom Ford and his creative genius so I had to see what the fuss was about. Everyone kept talking about Tobacco Vanille and Tuscan Leather so I decided to go a different route. I narrowed my choice down to two fragrances: Noir de Noir and Neroli Portofino. NdN edged it out because it had one note that I had never worn before - Rose. In the area I live in, the only people who wore rose scents were 50+. I have still to this day not met a male in this STATE that wears a rose scent. Rose knows no sex let me be clear. A male can wear it just as much as a female. It all comes down to your confidence level. I've worn female fragrances with rose in it and NOBODY knew the wiser. It all depends on your personality and your confidence level. Most males shy away from rose that I know. I hope I'm proven wrong one day on that. Let's get to the breakdown.

Smell: Oh man where do I begin...
This scent is kind of brooding, dark, sensual, beautiful. All of those words, alright? I could probably pull out more adjectives but you get the point by now. When I first spray it on, I'm taken to a dark room. In this room, I am seated in the typical suit and tie. Hair slicked back. Clean shaven. A smell hits my nose as I walk to the balcony. Fresh roses in the garden. From behind me, my love dressed in all red emerges. I am then brought back to reality by the smell of chocolate and a slight tinge of oud. Okay maybe that was a terrible analogy but that's what happens when I wear this stuff. The oud in here isn't too overpowering. It's blended very well. You know it's there, but it's not at center stage. The rose is king in Noir de Noir. It's almost like the rose has been lightly dipped in chocolate. I used to not get the chocolate when I wore it but now I can smell it almost instantly. If you want something to wear for a loved one, look no further. Noir de Noir does the trick. 10/10

Longevity: Noir de Noir does very well in this department. I wore this today so let me give you a mental picture. I wanted something for work. I sprayed it on at 4:00 shortly before leaving. At 5, I could still smell it and it was still as strong as when I first applied. At 6, the oud is gone, but it is still very strong. Okay I don't feel like doing an hour by hour analysis so let's skip to now. 9 hours later at 1 in the morning, I still can get traces of it. It's almost pure rose at this point but who cares?! Typically this stuff lasts me about 12 hours so it's still doing pretty well. 10/10

Projection: Once again, NdN doesn't do bad in this department. This stuff projects very well for being such a delicate, dark scent. I get right around 5 to 6 hours of good projection. And by good, I mean VERY good. I'm talking people smell me from 5 to 6 feet away. After about 6 hours, it slowly dwindles down and when it hits the 9 hour mark, it's almost a skin scent but not quite. Rose can be pretty tricky. If not done right, it can come off very strong (aka grandma-ish)or not strong enough (Lumiere Noire). This one is strong yet does not cross that line into leather handbags, powder, and strong as hell perfume. 10/10

When to wear: going to a bar, going on a date with your significant other, suit & tie.

I advise you to steer away from the warm weather with this stuff. Even with one spray, I gave myself a pretty severe headache with NdN.

Final rating: 10/10. I typically do not rate fragrances as 10/10 but I honestly think this one is one of the best Tom Ford Private Blends ever released. Pick up a bottle for yourself or sample it. Try it. Now

t3hwagn3r
t3hwagn3r

Two hours after applying of Noir de Noir in the morning my colleague walked into his office that's opposite mine, sat down and and sniffed around: "Who's just been to my office, I can smell the cologne?" We both have quite spacious offices too.

Mother of God, this stuff reaches all the way to the next room after only two sprays? (1 neck + 1 chest) And with couple of hours to settle down too? That's monstrous!

Noir de Noir is more of an evening scent to begin with, but that was the first and last time I tried it to the office. I like Noir de Noir a lot, but be very careful with the trigger finger!

christianne1

Enough has been said about Noir de Noir so I won't ramble on and on....but there is a reason it is so popular. It is phenomenal. If you love deep exotic rose, intoxicating chocolate-y sultry lusciousness then buy the largest bottle of this that will fit on your credit card. I wish I could pour a gallon of it over my head and gargle with it.

majecatracho

To me this smells like Azzaro Acteur, but tamed down and chocolate added to the mix. Is just not worth that money.

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is a great fragrance. one of Tom Fords best, its a very rich, sensual scent. amazing! one of my favourite scents.

Its a mix of earthy rose and chocolate there's also a booziness and a very subtle oud base. feminine? maybe the rose note is giving that impression? i'am a man and i wear it and love it definitely unisex but leaning more to the masculine side in my opinion. this fragrance is more masculine than Rose d'arabie and Lyric man.overall great scent ok projection, good longevity 7+ hours. 9/10

bandarsaadseed
bandarsaadseed

عطر نوار دي نوار من توم فورد عطر روعه من حيث جمال الرائحة
تقيمي للعطر :
الثبات :١٠/١٠
الفواحان:١٠/١٠
الرائحة :٩/١٠
ارجو منكم التجربة قبل الشراء وان اخذت عينه منه لا تحكم عليه بسرعه اعطيه فرصة

Noir de Noir fragrance from Tom Ford perfume magnificence in terms of the beauty of smell
MY RATING perfume:
Persistence: 10/10
Alfoahan: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
I hope you experience before buying that took the eye of it does not control it quickly give him a chance

Violettera
Violettera

An overestimated scent, comparing with other Tom Ford creations. Noir de noir starts with the most promising rose but almost immediately it develops into something boozy, like cheap alcohol in the mouth of a night owl. This smell is not only an idea in my mind, my son have said to me that I smell like I have been drinking wine all day. Except this, the sillage is low and the longevity two hours the most. For not being unfair, I admit this has a quality and sometimes I like put it on when I am alone, but it is not wearable out of the walls of my house.

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

Rose hip wine..wet rose petals..rather feminine..then some depth cocoa vanilla oud..don't know if it's the vanilla and oud together that's toning it down or what..I can pull it off but this is rather feminine..confident the ladies will enjoy on themselves and on me..guess on a night went I want to tone thangs down..I rather wear AMEN, AVENTUS, DIOR HOMME INTENSE, etc..an honest accessment at first take.

etidorhpa
etidorhpa

I expected different when I bought TFNDN. By reading the fragrance notes above I expected rose earthy vanilla fragrance. I'm not complaining because it is a beautiful scent, but Noire de Noire to my opinion be described using the same fragrance notes as TF Tobacco Vanille. I only smelled rose when it was wet.And this fragrance is sweet smelling with a hint of rum. I don't detect oakmoss or oud anywhere. So I don't understand how these main notes where mixed up.

PhantomPhenomenal
PhantomPhenomenal

My god. Cocoa-Floral mixed to perfection. Sensual, dangerous, alluring, mysterious, elegant, sophisticated, all with an intoxicating dark side. My friends, you won't help but fall under its spell.

Personification: The most beautiful man/woman you've ever seen. You know nothing about him/her but their mystery allures you to find out more. But the more you try to find out about them, the mystery only deepens. Dressed elegantly in black, they broodingly ponder in the cold midnight. They catch your glance, your eyes meets theirs, they smile ever so gently. And with melancholy, they walk into the darkness without ever glancing back.

****

Veedabestchef
Veedabestchef

Wow All i can say is wow. This is my first time trying Tom Ford and i cant believe I just discover it. The only reason I discover it is because is niche fragrance. I dont really own alot of niche fragrance two reason 1 is really expensive and 2 hard to find. Well, heres my story how i stumble to this incredible fragrance.

Few weeks ago i was reading my friend fashion magazine. I found this new fragrance for men called prada luna rossa. So i smelled it and i said "it smellled good" so i told myself I needed a new frangrance this year. Something new hard to find fragrance.That night i was searching new fragrance. I went to youtube and i type best fragrance on search box and i found this guy talking about niche fragrance. So i watch his 12 mins video about must have fragrance. And i got interested on Tom Ford fragrance.And i search Tom Ford best fragrance on search bar. And i found this 2 tom ford fragrance i want to try. One is Tobacco Vanille and the other is Noir de Noir. I went to fragrantica and read about this 2 fragrances notes and the rating. I said wow alot of people have good reviews about this fragrance. So I gave myself chance and wanted to buy this fragrance so i click on my the luckyscent website and when i found out this fragrance is outrageously expensive. I said man im not going to buy 500.00 dollars cologne. So i went to ebay and i found this sellers that sells vials tom ford. I contact him first make sure its not legit or fake. (beware of people selling fragrance on ebay). Anyway he told me about the fragrance is real and authentic. SO i gave myself and try it out. So i order a 4ml bottle of noir de noir. I wanted to get the tobacco vanille but it was on bid. Few days later i got the Fragrance. i was too excited to try it on. That late night i took a shower getting ready for bed. I open the cap which is not a spray. So i took a dab on my right arm. First time trying Tom Ford Noir de Noir I was blew away sky rocket hahaha..But its also familiar to me because for some reason Ive smelled this before on old people. Its not bad its just weird that i smelled this before on old people before and they wearing this. But i dont know if its the same fragrance they wearing or this but its really familiar. First smelled took me there is the past of smelling this. But this is a wonderful fragrance. The rose and a hint of vanilla is what got me smelling the past of smell I've smelled. Its rich and warm feeling and also smooth.As hours of past wearing this it becomes more sensual and soft and romantic.The sillage and longevity is out of this world. This thing can top off my pure malt.Simply love it. And i fell in love already. And it was a good timing too because it got cold here recently in florida. Wow amazing product right here.A great winter fragrance. Maybe someday i will own the bigger bottle. Great job Tom Ford.You got me addicted to this stuff. Cant wait to try Tobacco Vanille 10/10.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Being a fan of Tom Ford's private blends I found myself being slowly serenaded and then finally seduced by Noir De Noir.I would always visit the TF counter in David Jones when I was in the city and become almost spellbound by the amazing variety of scent and depth of his many masterpieces.
NdN has been on my wishlist for a while as I was drawn to the rich,dark rosey truffle indulgence.
A mysterious and intoxicating character which really does grow on you the more you smell it.This is no one trick pony at all as it is well supported by the saffron,oakmoss, patchouli base notes on a subtle bed of vanilla to give it real backbone.Not the essence type vanilla but natural vanilla as if you were opening a pod.
Cold and dark and yet warm and mysterious at the same time,Noir De Noir is definitely multi faceted and a fragrance which announces your arrival and turns heads.
The dance of seduction continues at home as this was too irresistable to pass up yet again.I had to have it and I'm glad I finally bowed to its many charms.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Seductive, colourful and vivacious. This really is a head turner. It's unique among the many rose+oud combinations out there due to the chocolately warmth of the black truffle. If it weren't for this note, the lushous, creamy rose would probably be too feminine, but as it stands I think a confident man could walk through a room wearing this and attract the attention of both sexes, because it's just so gorgeous.

Amazing sillage and lasts for hours.

Plucus21
Plucus21

This fragrance is well done, but I personally don't enjoy the smell. The rose is well done and the oud/vanilla combo give off a chocolate note that is well done as well. The idea of chocolate over roses seems like a win, but in all honesty this just didn't smell right. The chocolate note was just too dark for my taste which clashes with soft rose in my opinion. I'm sure that others will love it though as it is a good fragrance with good longevity.

ahsansn

Ah I've tried to replace this with a lot of rose fragrances, nothing compares to this. Probably because it's a lot darker than most rose based fragrances, Roses Vanille by Mancera was probably the closest I got to replacing this - but it's not as refined and mature as NDN.

aeg8193
aeg8193

First time smelling this I loved it but thought it was too feminine, now I would say that its definitely a great unisex. On its own its decadent and sweet but i wouldn't say gourmand , but when layered with oud wood the scent gets taken to a whole new level

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

I fully agree with Thatmakesscents and Tobaccovanille.
This is too feminine.

fooluae
fooluae

hello guys i buy thes blind
hold a min
and am gladdddddd
i have many perumes of creed and dior and classic name anything
first of my world
these best ever of tom ford
if u thing is tobacco vanille is best u wrong to ppl who like tobacco major note maby buy most here dislike it around me

now lets talk about these Noir de Noir
one word i called it dark knight
dark roses in rain night and wind of wood drinking cup of hot chocolate with vanilla
its masterpiece quality from top to dry down
dont get fooled its nothing smell like these wind on its form
bes rose arts that man can be not like others smell hurt head or boring and smell unique

and yes evryone i pass on they got charmed and shocked
u must try these spray from shop and go home u may cant sleep at night falling in love if not first time the next time indeed
scent 10/10
sail 9.5/10
long 9.5/10
indeed best dry down roses arts ever

and there down there guys maby cant buy these so dont compare cheap alcohol smell perfumes that dont even smell a tiny like these if u dont like it just say that dont go randomly thinking u can fool ppl like compareing trash smells that i alrdy smell with my respect

Kain
Kain

If you're following my reviews, you know that I don't like rose and rose based fragrances at all.
There is no big difference here.
I can copy/paste my review about "Montale Black Aoud" here because both have the same DNA and again it gives me that holy shrine and funeral feeling and personally I can't stand it!
This fragrance opens up with strong and sweet and almost chocolaty rose note with some patchouli in the background.
Where is oud in this fragrance?!
If you found it, give him my best!
Only thing that I can smell is strong and sweet rose and vanilla combo and some patchouli that give the scent only a kick and a sharp edge.
I know many folks out there will find this fragrance sexy, but I found it annoying! sorry guys.
You will have this sweet and almost chocolaty rose scent till the end.
No big changes.
Only in last hour of the scent on your skin and when It's going to die, you can smell a little stronger patchouli that has slightly earthy feeling.
Both projection and longevity is really good.
Again, not for me!

راستش شما میتونین دقیقا همون توضیحات منو راجع به مونتال بلک عود کپی پیست کنین اینجا
دومین راه رسیدن به خدا هم کشف شد. تام فورد نوار د نوار
این عطر با بوی گلاب مانند که البته بوی قوی و شیرین وانیل هم توش به وضوح حس میشه شروع میشه و شما میتونین یه بوی ضعیفی از نعنای هندی هم حس کنین
نعنای هندی فقط یه حس تند و تیز و تقریبا ترش بهش میده و توقع بوی خاکی و نمناک و خاص نعنای هندی رو تو این عطر نداشته باشین
عود تو این عطر کجاست من نمیدونم، ولی اگه شما پیداش کردین بهش سلام برسونین
پخش بو و ماندگاریش هر دو زیاده و در حدی هست که جونت در بیاد تا بوش بره
راستش بوش تا حدودی منو یاد این نقل گردویی های آذربایجان هم میندازه

Headhead1000
Headhead1000

At first spray I said the rose was front and center, a "real rose" smell I said to my self it's to feminine then about 15 minutes later BAM! Magic super sexy chocolate warm

christianne1

When I sniffed this from the bottle I pretty much melted. But like the reviewer before me, the opening left something to be desired for me, it wasn't at all what I was expecting based on my first sniff test. I expected this to be a great love for me but it turned out to only be a like. BUT...while shopping today I had a total stranger ask me what I was wearing (which was Noir de Noir) and she actually brought out pen and paper from her bag to write it down. That kind of says something. While it may not be my great love, it appears to be just that for many. It smells nice but fades too quickly on me which is unusual for a Tom Ford, I have really good luck in the staying power department with his fragrances. I think this is just one of those that is not a perfect match for my body chemistry. Because it smells incredible from the bottle..luscious woody rose truffle. Mmmm. Too bad I don't quite get that on my skin.

I've been waiting to try this for ages!!!
This perfume is so highly revered I'd read so many positive reviews, friends of mine who are into fragrances had told me it was great, all set for this to be a new favorite.
Not only that but the fact that it truly is a concept fragrance one that actually has a blend of great notes, tuber and saffron (ie: The name isn't factual like Tom Ford 'Rose Oud' or something?) and the opulent ingredients attracted me to it.
In retrospect having tried the new Oud Fleur I have the same reaction to this.
Although they are quite different and I much prefer this even from a gut reaction point of view.
I really really desperately need a sample of this to trial over a longer period because unfortunately the first time I tried it I was very disappointed.
I hate myself for not liking this!!!
Why don't I?
Rose & Oud is a glorious combo that I enjoy in other fragrances and dark earthy truffle in there too? I should love this but maybe my nose was off that day...I don't know???
In that first experience I got too much Rose and patchouli in the top notes and didn't experience the dark sexiness I'd hoped for.
I showered pretty soon after I tried it on my hand so the dry down wasn't experienced properly. I'm not a base note oriented person anyway, although I live for a good dry down I have to say the opening for me is very important... even if it is short lived.
This one will take further exploration but I'm so sure I will change my mind on it after a few wears.
The jury is out for the time being.

Germany
Germany

A truffle rose , deep ,sexy and powerfull , I love this as my going out perfume. It sure makes a statement and and entrance. Rose ,oud,vanilla patchouli ,dark and woody......

takeitupthenose
takeitupthenose

Sometimes I read reviews and realize that there are so many things in reviewing a fragrance that it is unbelievable. Things like body chemistry, natural body odor, geography and even environment (where and who you are around) plays a HUUUGGGEEE part in how one experiences a fragrance.

I say that because some of the reviews below leaves me scratching my head. Experientially I have never worn Noir de Noir without at least one unsolicited compliment. Next, when I smell this myself on my skin, I absolutely adore it. Sticky, sweet rose, rugged patchouli and dank woody oud. The combination brings joy to my nose. Finally this thing lasts for hours and hours on me. I usually dance on Friday's and dance for hours where I am sweating head to toe and when I get home I can still smell it on my skin. I even get compliments while dancing and afterwards (in paticular someone said "I love dancing with a great smelling man" after about 2.5 hours of such dancing)

If you don't like rose, avoid. If you don't like sweet, avoid, if you don't like the danky aroma of oud then avoid. However, this combination is sublime on my skin. I love it on my skin which is most important; however, others seem to like it just as much.

I hate to use the word "sexy" but thats how I feel in this one. When I want to be flirty I throw this one on. It does have a feminie edge but if you look at my collection I am not afraid to wear things "marketed" as women (no such distinction in my opinion).

Longevity on a non dancing day is at least 6 projecting at a high level and the next 4 intimate. I think it would be a great first date scent, a great clubbing scent and a great flirting scent (say going as a single guy/gal to a corporate event). I don't wear it much to work as I am an accountant and it just doesn't fit my day to day customers. But when the calculator is put up.....I reach for this one!

I think the note breakdown properly reflects this fragrance so if you don't like them avoid this fragrance.

Look at my top 6 and this is in the middle. Behind Royal Oud and Aventus.

fartknocker
fartknocker

I enjoyed trying this fragrance. It has many notes that I typically like, but the combination was off-putting on my skin. It smells more like potpourri or a satchel I would place in my lingerie drawer than a fragrance I would want to wear. Perhaps it is the mixture of the heavy rose and the patchouli that makes me feel this way. I don't think this is a unisex fragrance, though. It is much too feminine, at least on my skin. It is nice, but not me.

prettyswag

ladies if u like this ...check out dior miss dior le parfume 2012 parfume version...very rich . very smokey vanilla, very elegant.

bigjakeriz

Oh how my taste has changed. It's amazing how a fragrance grows on you. Story of my fragrance journey. I once thought this fragrance was too feminine. But 2 more samples later and now I'm hooked. Right off the bat there is a lot of rose. But it is not an extremely floral type of rose. Very dark rose layered with bits of Oud and dusted with cocoa. Despite the fact its not in the notes I deffinately get a cocoa vibe as do others. Very elegant. Very sexy, and very smooth. Deffinately needs a night out. But this will be my next purchase for sure.

JALEH
JALEH

Noir de Noir brings up childhood memories, a special place we used to gather for Persian ice cream that had Saffron and Rose Water in it.. This scent is mouth watering for me, and is one of my favorites. I got a back up just in case!

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

TWO NITES

That's all I'd get to wear this elegant fragrance in my 'so called life'.

Seriously, how often do I get to dust off my tux and crash a wedding at The Plaza Hotel?

After sniffing this sample on my wrist - I may just do it.

( at least stay for the passed hors d'oeuvres and champagne toast.)

sharmap14
sharmap14

seductive, sexual, dark
something to wear out on date night or a special night
will definitely melt the panties off any woman

frog23
frog23

This is my goto night scent right now. You won't smell it on others. The vanilla i get from it is great. D&G The One Gentleman has a similar smell on my skin but not as intense or rich as Noir de Noir. Can't go wrong with this.

GlobalGirlyGirl
GlobalGirlyGirl

All I can say is...wow. I've never smelled anything like this. I kept smelling my wrists. It was so complex. "Noir de Noir" is apropos. Never have I run into a fragrance who matches its name perfectly in every possible way.

You need a *very* light hand with this one. On the first spray, the rose was strong. I love rose, so that was awesome. It morphed into something I wasn't familiar with, which was most likely the Oud. The dry down was warm, Oud, and musk.

Longevity was strange for me. It lasted about 4 hours. Then, it suddenly disappeared. Like magic.

Dark magic. Intriguing, mysterious, unnerving. You see a dark velvet curtain, open it a crack, and you see something you shouldn't. You are mesmerized. You're startled by someone who taps you on the shoulder and takes you away. You're relieved when you encounter the Light again.

I have a dark side, but not this dark. It is not for me.

tobaccovanille
tobaccovanille

Noir de Noir is the best blend of saffron, roses, patchouli, black-truffle and vanilla made from the high quality 86 % real cocoa beans. To tell true, NdN is more feminine, I can hardly imagine this perfume for a man. As for the longevity, Noir de Noir is the high performance perfume - 10/10. Even if the price is too high,it is worth to have a bottle of this oriental- chypre scent. I grant 8 stars to Noir de Noir at least.

Jomoves

Close your eyes and image a plump, moist, dark red rose dipped in liquid black leather.

ThatMakesScents

Overtly feminine. Something smells like tuberose and musk. I guess it's the black rose ?

Durable and with an admirable amount of depth and sillage. I just don't like the scent. I can think of several other fragrances that would suit a woman much better.

Today I also tried 1000 by Jean Patou. A much better choice IMO.

Guys stay away from this.

theboynextdoor
theboynextdoor

Noir de Noir

Cleary, Mr. Ford likes his fragrances dark.

There's something about any Tom Ford perfume that straight up smells like money. Maybe it's because it costs so freaking much, but when I smell these scents I immediately take on a seductive identity of wealth and glamour.

It's both beautiful and disturbing that I desire such a cruel, luxurious world.

It's also absurd that this tiny bottle of synthetic aroma can cost as much as he charges, but yet we humans will always pay up. Why?

I believe it is because we are paying for the fantasy.

When I walked into Neiman Marcus to innocently smell the Tom Ford Collection, I felt like I was an illegal immigrant. The way the lights, the art, and the people all stare at you tell you are not good enough and make me feel like my life and my possessions are pathetic. My one friend touched a jacket that costs over a $1000 dollars, and I felt like she had just contaminated it with her dirty, middle-class hands.

Thankfully, Neiman Marcus cannot forbid us from roaming, although soon one day I am sure they will find a way to keep us out.

As I was being gawked and patrolled by the staff, I took a deep breath and picked up Noir de Noir, the first tester that caught my eye. I immediately felt a connection with this fragrance as I stood there wearing a black v-neck tucked under dark maroon chinos, looking very nice and stylish for a dinner later.

I sprayed Noir de Noir, and instantly I felt a rush. A perfume costing this much is intoxicating, and each spray is another dose.

Black liquorice, I thought. So sweet, yet so dark.
In a way, fruity, but with a masculine edge, making it a great unisex scent in my opinion.

As it settled on my shirt and skin, I was happy to sense I had made the right choice by spraying this on. It fit perfectly with my outfit and the occasion.

Suddenly, I felt like I fit in with the prestige crowd surrounding me by just applying a layer of this $200+ fragrance.

It's not too overpowering, but it is powerful enough to a point you are stating, "I am here and I am important. I may be rich, famous, or just extremely attractive. But either way, you are envious."

Dark. Provocative. Power.

Carefully,

The Boy Next Door

Auzziechook
Auzziechook

Upon first spray, I get an absolute explosion of boozy rose, thick dark chocolate and a hint of incense (agarwood oil and a frankincense-like note) & creamy spice.
Imagine a candied Turkish rose, dipped in bitter melted chocolate before being rolled in cinnamon sugar.
The dry down is relatively linear, easing on its enveloping, thick quality, but nothing new added and nothing much taken away; some of the sweetness is pulled away to reveal a little more of the drier, savoury notes as it quiets down.

A heady, beautiful scent, definitely one of the standouts from some relatively average offerings in Tom Ford's Private Blend lineup (of the other scents I tried, Neroli Portofino was the most underwhelming; it strangely reminded me of Davidoff's Cool Water (don't ask me why) which is not exactly what you'd expect nor like out of a AUD$290 scent).
If I could pass one small criticism, it would be how such an explosive entrance detracts rather than adds to the entire experience; the detonation of syrupy rose-TNT with one's skin leaves one a little in-shock to appreciate the scent's diminuendo down to skin level 20 minutes later.

Boozy, rich, enveloping. A fierce starlet who makes a grand ballroom entrance, who later slips away with the handsome stranger into the starry night.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I can appreciate this complex, sophisticated scent very much. I think on my husband or even my father, this would smell the exquisite way it should....however on me and with my chemistry, it just isn't meant to be. But that's OK, I still have nothing but love for Mr Ford!

The Oud in this turns to a stale bread drenched in red wine on my skin...and unfortunately that dominates all the other notes. Once it's dried down, there's a delicate vanilla soaked rose in there somewhere, but it still maintains it's masculinity.

I think this is an AMAZING creation - and on the right girl or guy, I can easily see that this would smell nothing short of wonderful, but when it comes to me, it's just not meant to be.

I am certain that once I gift this to my father, he will be absolutely over the moon. And yes, while he may be "of age", he is young at heart and mind...and he LOVES his scents. I look forward to smelling this on him and also to sharing his review here, as while this particular scent doesn't love me - I still love it and think it's yet another Tom Ford masterpiece :)

anguslairdmcangus
anguslairdmcangus

OVERALL RATING: * * *

My search for a good masculine rose to wear as a summer fragrance led me to Tom Ford's Noir de Noir.

It opens with a blast of devil’s food rose dipped in heroin. The oud is very present as well, though not nearly so prominent as it is in Black Aoud by Montale. Where the Montale is airy, expansive, volatile, almost antiseptic, Noir de Noir is dense, sensual, and dangerous.

The vanilla note is strong, too. I’m not normally one who leaps to sexual imagery when it comes to perfumes, but this is pulling up some pretty steamy memories. A mocha skinned beauty with long, long legs and a Marie Antoinette complex I once knew in New York. Lots of fun. Glad she doesn’t have my current address.

Projection is startlingly powerful. I applied to pulse points on my arm and I’m getting a dense fog of Noir de Noir as I type.

Rose fragrances often seem "fuzzy" to me. They lack sharp edges and defined borders. I'm thinking of Lyric Man by Amouage in particular; I can't tell where the rose ends and the musk begins. Noir de Noir does not--so far--suffer from this indistinctness.

I have also found most rose fragrances to be somewhat ephemeral. If they survive on my vampiric skin for more than 2 hours, they do so as pale shades of themselves, drained of blood and life. I am pleasantly surprised that Noir de Noir seems to hold up well. After 3 hours, it is still projecting at arms length. Not bad.

I can't see myself purchasing a full bottle of this juice anytime in the near future. At this price, I have to compare it against the likes of Jubilation XXV and Portrait of a Lady, and it simply doesn't stand a chance. Still, it is a satisfying and high quality confection that has been intelligently assembled.

Sillage: 4/5
Longevity 4/5

prettyswag

I actually dont care for too much rose..but this is just a touch of rose and nice spices....got samples...just lovely on my skin...reminds me of my BADGELY M. ORIGINAL FRAGRANCE..Very close...bottle worthy!

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

Nice soft, non-offensive fragrance, but it doesn't have any punch for me. Well blended, nothing sticks out to me as predominant. I would wear this pretty much anytime, it is easy to wear in my opinion. The sillage is not that great on my skin, 3 hours at best. Not worthy of the price point for what you get, but worth a sniff.

Aysu
Aysu

Everthing is already said for this perfect creation, only thing I can add is, I find similarities with Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud too, but this on has dominant patchouli which makes fragrant more grounded and interesting in my opinion.
Less feminine than Jo Malone.

Carestinus
Carestinus

I was very impressed by this Tom Ford the first time and 4 wearings later I am not impressed anymore.

This is a nice rose scent... imho people shouldn't expect to smell strong oud here since this is 95% rose and vanilla... and the rest is a mix where oud could or could not be present. That's not actually a criticism since I like how this smells... just a warning.

I find this is pretty similar to other rose-based scents like Paestum Rose or Incense Rosé but milder, easier to wear but less interesting and eventually forgettable. It smells good, unisex but definitely more feminine. Its longevity is good but the sillage pretty mediocre for such expensive scent.

I have been searching for a good masculine Rose scent to wear and after sampling several I still think Black aoud is unique if you look for a hardcore scent where the rose is young and lemony and Rose 31 is the wonderful alternative in case you are looking for a softer creamy rose. I am afraid I can't wear the Kurkjian, the Ford, the Artisan and the Eau d'Italie. The Tauer is a jewel too but a bit hard to wear, too weird. It's all a matter of taste since I can't mention a single negative aspect of all the aforementioned scents. I wouldn't wear them cause either they're too feminine or for old men... and I am neither haha (yet!! lol).

Anyway, try Noir de Noir but don't blindbuy... you may get disappointed if you create huge expectations.

ChampagneHo
ChampagneHo

The first time I tested this I oversprayed because I thought it was beautiful upon sniffing the sprayer. As a result I didn't wear it again for many weeks! It's strong, but I can only suggest, like most TF's on me, to spray carefully or you will be blown away like you're in a wind tunnel.

If I am quoting anyone below this review, I am sorry. I often read reviews, then later I really feel what the person was saying and repeat it. Please don't be offended, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. :)

I am getting a big, beautiful, perfect red rose, strong and fragrant, rich and mature, and next to it a small chocolate covered cherry. I get some spice too, but it's moderately tempered and the vanilla is soft. I can't make out the oud, but that's because I've not tested many ouds before so I don't know. Anyone remember Must de Cartier EDP from the 80's? This reminds me of it, sort of. It's not a dupe though so don't get all excited.

Just gorgeous. When my decant runs out, I feel this is full bottle worthy.

hontapocasgreen
hontapocasgreen

Oh my...Dear Lord Jesus...That was my first reaction when I picked this up in Sephora to smell it. This was my first time in a non-JcPenney Sephora and I was in Times Square location. I was trying not to be overwhelmed by the many different things. My reaction was a positive one. It's been a looooong time since I've sniffed a fragrance that had absolutely just taken me in at first sniff. Of course, the price was out of my range. Not to say that it isn't worth it or that I don't feel that I am worth it. But, it was my first day in NYC and I had to get my senses about me. I could not blow most of the budget on my own wants. I was damn tempted. Oh, not to mention the look my husband gave me eventhough it's a scent we could both wear and enjoy together. I got a couple of other fragrances that I had already knew I wanted and that was within budget. The sales associate was kind enough to make me up a sample of TF Noir de Noir.

It's a very intoxicating, hypnotic, seductive, and strong fragrance. If you prefer your fragrances aquatic and/or light, airy florals, along the lines of something next to nothing, keep on walking by this fragrance. If you like your fragrances sugary sweet like a tropical drink swirled with cotton candy, you need not apply. If you have an open mind, okay, you may be tempted. However, this is for the grown and sexy (or at least those who want to appear grown and sexy).Nothing about this says flirty. It says "try to see if you can keep up if you dare." It's not for the faint of heart.

I normally don't care for rose fragrances outside of YSL Paris. Noir de Noir, in my opinion, is not heavy on the rose. I get a hint of saffron with a touch of rose. I get tons of patchouli and amber with vanilla. This is also my first experience with an oud that I know of and...this scent is just enchanting. It doesn't take much either. A little goes a looooong way. It's so strong that even sample (which is in a baggy) has fragranced my entire bedroom.

I do plan on acquiring a full bottle of this one day perhaps in the next two years. I need to use up some stuff first and definitely a better paying job. It's not an everyday fragrance, that's for sure. It's too doggone sexy for everyday wear.

Klementina
Klementina

A really nice, creamy, soft fragrance, unique and very intimate. But...i miss the good old dirty patchouli here and an authentic "punch in the face" oud too.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Smelled on a paper strip: Too flowery and feminine for me. But it might be nice on my wife; she does well with florals.

vergil_s
vergil_s

Actually I am not fan of rose-oud fragrance and before I test this one I didn't thought it impressed me.
But it's surprisedly good.
In here we don't have strong and heavy scent of rose-oud common in arabic perfumes.
In opening it does smell like sour grapes , but you should wait about 10 minute till see the beauty of this.
Deep and balance blend of softest rose with vanilla and oud with touch of saffron and patchouli that smell dark and chocolatey.
Very warm and sensual , Rich and Luxury.
Fantastic job from Tom Ford house.
I really enjoy from this scent.
But I think it's not Noir de Noir as name suggest, Just Noir :D
Great longevity and sillage Like other perfumes from Tom Ford.

خوب راستش ما ایرانی ها معمولا از ترکیبات رز و عود خوشمون نمیاد.
منم طبق معمول وقتی ترکیبت این عطر رو دیدم انتظار یه کار سنگین عرب پسند رو داشتم.
اما این کار من رو سورپرایز کرد.
این عطر در شروعش یه بویی شبیه غوره داره که ممکنه شما رو نا امید کنه اما فقط کافیه چند دقیقه صبر کنید تا به زیبایی این عطر پی ببرید.
ترکیب رز و عود توی این عطر مثل این عطر های عربی نیست و ترکیب اون با گیاه نعنای هندی و زعفران و مخصوصا وانیل یه ترکیب بالانس و دلنشین رو به همراه داشته.
که این ترکیب یه بوی تاریک و شکلات مانند میده.
خیلی گرم و سکسیه بوش.
من که خوشم اومد از این کار.
اینم اضافه کنم این جور که اسم عطرم میگه این عطر تاریک تاریک هم نیست.
مثل ما بقی خانوادش پخش بو و ماندگاری خوبی داره.

samiwonder
samiwonder

To me this smells like the sweet tonka part of Hermessence Vetiver Tonka, but rounded and creamier. I loved it until the sales lady said Rihanna wears it.

antfarm
antfarm

Fantastic, dark, sensual woody-rose-oud. It smells like a forest floor blooming with sin and mystery.

mubes89
mubes89

I got this last week and have tested it for some days now. It's absolutely divine.. It has the deepest, most intense rose scent ever. Normally rose scents tends to be way too floral(surprise) and sweet for my liking but this one is different. It is very intense and dark but still sweet and just very lovely. It smells a bit like Turkish Delight - specially after 1 hour on the skin as it turns more sweet, chocolate-ish and Turkish Delight-ishy.... Unfortunatley it does not last long on my skin at ALL!!!! 2 hours or maximum 3 :(!!!!! Which is really disappointing as TF always stays strong on my skin. I have Black Orchid, Azure Lime, Black Violet and Tobacco Vanille and they all last forever..... I am truly sad that this one is so weak :(

Review of DARRSHAN

Well my 2nd review , actually it took me some time to really understand this dark but luxurious scent , it's true luxury in every sense and not for faint hearts , only quality people will understand tis scent and will pay a huge amt to own it, u need class to wear tis, in understanding I mean, it has very good notes and rich and luxurious in all means , tomford has not compromised in tis scent like tobacco vanille , tis scent along with tv is a masterpiece by tomford and his line, just three sprays and u r done it lasts and lasts like tv

Dsanz
Dsanz

Tom Ford's Noir de Noir starts off very feminine on me. The initial burst of thick syrupy rose and vanilla is very dominant during the first stages of the scent. However, as the fumes settle the fragrance becomes slightly darker, woodier, and comparatively smoother. If there was one scent I could deem worthy of calling a true "date" scent this would be it. This rose, truffle, vanille, and oud composition is unremarkable at enchanting and winning hearts over. Beware though, the juice is potent and moderate application will serve its purpose better than over applying it.

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

this does not smell like Queen Latifah's perfume at all!

please make it stop....!!! ughhhh

My review of Queen, concerning the comparison with TF:

I would like to let people know of my experience with Queen.

Warning: this is a comparison, not a true review, I guess.

I bought this once for $12, because of its alleged ressemblance to TF noir de noir (one can always dream). I was quite disappointed because I don't find these 2 fragrances to be having anything in common. Queen strikes me as a boozy chocolate dessert scent that is somewhat oriental (westernized) with a common sort of patchouli.

Noir de noir is a true modern chypre rose with a strong vanilla, a sassy saffron/patchouli combo, a discreet oakmoss... a earthy tuber and a westernized, highly wearable synthetic (?) oud.

how are these 2 fragrances anything similar? I don't see it...

Armadyl
Armadyl

This stuff is simply divine. It does smell a bit feminine at the start but once you get to the drydown it becomes more masculine I feel. I sprayed this stuff on around 7 last night and I was getting whiffs of it in windy conditions the whole night. I can still smell it on myself this afternoon nearly 18 hours after I put on only 2 sprays of it, so you know longevity is not a problem.

10/10 from me.

Reveiw of DARRSHAN

well have got a 50ml bottle and from the first spray it speaks quality, just love it , the notes r beautifully blended and has good longevity and sillage, all in all a sophisticated scent but expensive one,

bozotheclown
bozotheclown

Wow I cant believe i fell in love at first sniff with noir de noir ( Amazing)

Its so weird for me because of the roses i have never love a fragrance like that before
but for me its just 10/10

Ksanka
Ksanka

Абсолютная Красота во флаконе, какая роза в удовом одеяле! Шедеврально, томно и густо в начале, тонко и шлейфово - в конце

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

Well, where do I begin :), first of all this is definitely a great fragrance, yes absolutely, as far as it's being unique, I wouldn't say that at all. For the price that it costs it's not worth it, there are far better fragrance out there for a much better price. On me it stays on for about 2 hours so I'm definitely not going to pay 200 dollars for a fragrance that is nice but not phenomenal and doesn't stay for longer than 2 hours.

But on the sunny side, this is the first fragrance that I've tried that had aoud in it, and it didn't repulse me with that dead people smell like most aoud fragrances do, so the aoud here is very mild and very well blended.

Thank mermaids that there is something that I do not actually need to have!

EDIT: At first I could not figure out where I've smelled this before, and then it hit me - Paestum Rose Eau D`Italie, this is the exact smell of Noir De Noir but Paestum Rose is much much better and a lot less in price. If you like Noir De Noir I definitely recommend Paestum Rose, you will love it.

Review of Darrshan

After trying a small vial of 2ml instantly fell in love, actually I don't like black orchid and I was afraid of tis smelling similar but no noir de noir is simply outstanding , after tobacco vanille I like this, the longevity is amazing like tobacco vanille, even sillage is good, a nice one to put in ur collection of niche, Buy noir de noir I wud suggest if u believe in quality

a300grados
a300grados

This is quite a nice scent, althoug I don't find it as special as others in the light of several reviews I've been able to read. Also I must say that in a way, it's quite similar to 1740 by Histoires de Parfums, and encourage anyone to try both before deciding (being 1740 far cheaper).

Marco Chau

Finally, I changed from liking this fragrance to loving it. I finally got the rose and vanilla that I love so much after using four sprays instead of two, probably due to my lower body temperature. Great fragrance with good sillage and longevity.

jjmr
jjmr

love it...its amazing

tothman
tothman

Amazing! One of the best rose scenst I've smelled. The vanilla gives it a smooth and sweet touch, and tones down the rose to a fresh and pleasant scent. The argawood gives it that classy vibe.

Marco Chau

Intense saffron and rose, somewhat medicine like, at the first 30 minutes, then the smell of vanilla and chocolate dominated with very subtle and deep rose as background. At one point I did smell something citrus but it disappeared quickly and replaced with a bit of cinnamon and patchouli. As a whole, a big opening fragrance with soft and pleasant ending.

Although I had just bought a 50ml bottle of Noir de Noir this evening, I would say I preferred Cafe Rose over this one as the rose scent here is too hidden after the first half hour. Maybe I'll try to learn to appreciate it's subtlety at the moment as I'm not ready to spend another $220 to get Cafe Rose in the near future.

Intense saffron and rose, somewhat medicine like, at the first 30 minutes, then the smell of vanilla and chocolate dominated with very subtle and deep rose as background. At one point I did smell something citrus but it disappeared quickly and replace with a bit of cinnamon and patchouli. As a whole, a big opening fragrance with soft and pleasant ending.

thoushaltnotdefy
thoushaltnotdefy

WOW.
This is truly a masterpiece, I blind bought a 10ml rollerball bottle of this after reading so many great reviews.
This fragrance deserves all the great reviews it gets.
It is a beautiful, exotic, dark and warm scent, opens up with a gorgeous sweet and almost sugary rose note which stays right the way through, as the fragrance dries down you will start noticing hints of the vanilla and oud which gives the fragrance a dark and warming quality.
Not only does this fragrance smell fantastic, but the longevity and projection are superb. You only need to use a tiny amount of this and you will smell great all day, it also projects well for this first 6 or 7 hours.
I got a lot of compliments with this as well, I remember walking past a girl and as I went past I heard her turn to her friend and loudly say 'Wow! Did you just smell that!?'
Projection: 8/10
Overall: 9/10
An absolutely amazing fragrance, definitely worth a try if you haven't already.

mimikins24
mimikins24

Wonderful!! This is a romantic evening in a bottle. Pink roses, dark chocolate, red wine ... I get just enough oud to make this mysterious. In addition, I smell quite a bit of the saffron, as well as the vanilla in the dry down. The downside is that is it quite heavy on the alcohol upon first spraying.

Since there has been such a trend in fragrance with oud, often paired with rose for women, I was determined to challenge myself to explore it. After trying several (actually 5) rose/oud fragrances and wanted to give up on oud all together, I have definitely found the right one for me. The oud in this is more musty (in good way, like old books) rather than smoky, which I have experienced in other blends.

The fragrance gives me a bit of melancholy impression, I think perhaps because of the oud. I picture old lace, dark velvet, crumbling books, a gothic atmosphere. Dark in a rich and romantic way.

I see this as a evening scent, and it brings to mind a confident, sultry, dark haired, exotic woman. Longevity is good, it seems to sink into the skin and get sweeter (more vanilla) and more blended with body heat. As it continues to develop, I keep sniffing my wrist, and I would say the last notes I get are creamy vanilla, with just a touch of the oud.

I do not see this as a man's scent at all, unless perhaps layered over leather? I would be interested to hear if anyone has tried this with TF Tuscan Leather?

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

this is a ringer for "queen" by queen latifah. i don't imagine most people dip into celebrity fragrances and tom ford ones, but i do.

if you like this, save some cash and buy queen.

Baldric
Baldric

This is something to get excited about. A dark rose with a wine like quality. Can smell something truffle-like and the oud provides a soft astringency. Vanilla comes out more in the dry down. Unisex but leans towards feminine. Strong but not loud or overwhelming. Nuances of Westside, midnight oud and lady vengeance but still unique and less sweet than all 3 of them. Definitely a masterpiece and easily placed on my want list.

akats
akats

Oh yes. This is a masterpiece. It is dark spiced and a bit oriental rather than chypre, but dry enough so as to be different. It is sophisticated and wearable as is not heavy and overlwelming. Vanilla and patcouli are not prominent. I can smell saffron, moss and rose better than the other spices, and that is what I liked most. I only wish it had better longevity and tenacity on my skin after two hours....

Wooddogs3
Wooddogs3

This is Ford's masterpiece as far as I'm concerned. It's the deepest, blackest, earthiest rose you can imagine, without the strong compost undertone of Black Orchid. I find the truffle note subtle but definitely there. I'm always surprised to hear people compare it to Black Orchid. In my view, Black Orchid keeps tugging your sleeve for attention until you're so bored with it that you wash it off. Noir de Noir doesn't try to impress, it just makes you want to get closer and closer. I can't quite imagine it on a man, though. To me it's a supremely feminine scent.

bigjakeriz

Like Jack_Hunter below sais. This is a dark rose that has been dunked in a dark chocolate. On the top it is mainly rose. A little too feminine for me. But as the fragrance dries down it goes sweet with the chocolate and vanilla. Wouldnt wear this myself but would love this on a woman.

magie_nocturne
magie_nocturne

Very close to Moments de bonheur,Yves Rocher.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A dark chocolate rose poured in red wine with hints of patchouli and vanilla is what I am picking up.

A delightful fragrance that would suit best for evenings out to somewhere special.

Bechowe
Bechowe

To me it smells rather like DKNYs Delicious nights..Tom Ford's more expensive but really Delicious nights is gorgeous too.

Wwendalynne
Wwendalynne

For me, this is the smell of mature love, deep, enduring and infinitely warming. The touch of rose brings a wonderful sense of romance and simple joy. This fragrance clings and hugs in all the right places and a perfect scent to wear on date night or just as a reminder that you are truly valued and loved. I adore this scent from the bright opening to enduring smouldering finish.

lalludo
lalludo

I had to write something about this scent. I am not really good in understanding the notes in fragrances but I may try to translate them in emotions. and this scent is pure emotion to me. such a warm, sensual, feminine fragrance. it reminds me of my travelling around middle- east. so intense I would drown in it.
I think is a very mature scent, not for young girls. certainly not for a hot summer day. absolutely perfect for a night out with your love.

lisa o
lisa o

red wine (only the first sec), slightly sour saffron, then dark chocolate (almoust a hologram of a brick of those sugarless bitter ones) , dark red rose, oud and then vanilla...hmmm why is it that truffle-notes in perfumes are so seldom? I find this creamy, earthy mushroom-smell quite interesting and addictive!
ps.: the drydown could be more complex, in comparison to the boozy opening it feels quite flat, smoky vanilla.

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

Black Orchid is the beautiful girl that shows up to the party that is trying to hard. She has money and her bag, clothes & jewelry check all the right boxes. Her hair, makeup and outfit are over the top. She talks loud, laughs loud and is in all respects obnoxious. She is the girl who gets a nod from all the guys when she walks in the room but within two minutes the same guys are saying "Thank God she's not with me".

Noir de Noir is the beautiful, confident & quiet woman who walks in the room. She is chic & elegantly dressed. Her bag, clothes & jewels are top of the line but unless you have an eye for perfection you would never know who designs them because she feels no need to advertise. She doesn't do anything to say "Look at me". But you do...they all do.

NdN is just downright sexy. On me I get no rose. I had my husband smell me and he could not detect rose either. On me this is dark, creamy, boozy & a little smoky. A total stunner!!! This is like the deepest, darkest most beautiful wine that you have ever had the pleasure of swirling around in your mouth. This has to be one of the richest most alluring scents I have ever smelled. Bravo Mr. Ford!!!

Shahz
Shahz

Cocoa dusted velvet truffles and red roses keep coming to mind as the day goes by wearing Noir de Noir. The scent is powerful but not ostentatious. It refrains from being intrusive. It is a unisex fragrance that enhances a mans masculinity and intensifies a ladies feminine character. A most exquisite and elegant perfume.

Muzoona
Muzoona

عطر فواح بقوة و رائحة لا تسبب الصداع
مجموعة زهور و اخشاب و خلطته جدا جميلة و ينفع للنساء و الرجال سواء

CDGfan
CDGfan

Amazing top and middle notes but that basenotes are so synthetic and powdery, it gives me a headache and comes across as some cheap Indian or Arabian attar you can get for 5 dollars.

Mizz-Coco
Mizz-Coco

Absolutely gorgeous!! It's a deep dark chocolaty rose, smells very decadent but not obnoxious in any way. In terms of it being unisex, I personally see this as leaning more to the feminine side rather than the masculine but it can definitely work on either. I think the subtle incense in this smooths out its edges and balances it as well as giving it a mysterious air. The saffron makes it a bit more exotic than it would've been without it and sets it apart from Black Orchid. My skin tends to bring out the best in fragrances that have a predominant rose note in them and this is no exception. I think I've found my new signature and I doubt I'll change it after this...as long as Tom Ford doesn't discontinue this gem as he did Japon Noir. I think someone mentioned this earlier but Noir de Noir is Black Orchid's brother but on a higher class of its own. Definitely do try this beauty out before you buy because it's unique enough for it to not be for everyone :)

watercolormermaid
watercolormermaid

It took so long ..but I finally found you..my voluptuous rose, darkened with booziness, all cloudy with sweet tobacco with a chocolate kiss and a dry-down to Obsession. I'll always reach for you.

Shanester66
Shanester66

This fragrance is INCREDIBLE...what a home run from the Ford House...got this in a sample with Tuscan Leather...still on the fence about Tuscan Leather...NdeN just keeps getting better as it drys down...defintely a must have for the 2012 big chill here in good ole PA.

Edit...I now love Tuscan too! ;0)

Jomoves

If you've ever seen the scene from the 70s film The Stud starring Joan Collins, when she arrives to collect her lover in a limousine wearing a fur coat and little else, then you will know exactly what this fragrance smells like.

BlueEyeRedemption
BlueEyeRedemption

On my skin, this isn't unisex or feminine. It comes across as very masculine, dark, and mysterious in a formal way. When I first smelled the fragrance off of the atomizer, I thought it might be toward the unisex end of things, but it definitely didn't turn out that way. So that tells me this is one you'll want to try before you buy to see how it works with your body chemistry. Some might find this one difficult to wear, however, as I could see it making someone feel a bit overdressed if they're not accustomed to it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Mmmm... creamy, saffron-infused vanilla cream. As it dries down, it smells like vanilla ice cream with rose syrup.

Am I the only one who smells a strong resemblance to Black Orchid? The tuber is there, the patch is there, the vanilla is there; but the oud is a like a finer substitute for chocolate. Add some saffron, and you have an ultra exclusive, high-class Black Orchid.

Oud combines with the other notes to create a scent that's truly rare and exquisite. The intensity of the oud is so perfect that I don't wish it would fade a little, the way I wish it would in other oud perfumes. The blending is just seamless. This is the oud perfume I've been searching for.

It's so luxurious, well-balanced, simply perfect. So worthy of all its praise.

judyk
judyk

My very first review - and I'll probably get myself banished. :)

I know nothing of perfume "notes". I recognise a few obvious ones - I know rose when I smell it but I wouldn't know oud if it bit me on the...

So, with that in mind, on my first wearing of Noir de Noir this is what I get: tobacco, chocolate, dark rum, vanilla - and the floral is not rose but violet!

I'll get my coat.

ETA: They haven't rescinded my membership yet so, before they do, I'll just mention that I like Noir de Noir. I like it a lot.

Swahili
انا مثلك قرات عنه كثيرا حتى ان اخي شمه عند محلات وجوة faces-me .co بالرياض ومدحه كثيرا وانا بصدد شراءه

يقولون عطر ليلي حالم جميل. وانا أتوق لشراءه

مؤخرا اشتريته وزاد جنوني به وهيامي

اوووه ماطيب ها العطر لدرجة اني احتفت بالزجاجه افارغه

الذي يريد عطر يهدي النفس ويعطيا سمو ذهني يشتري هذا العطر فورا

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

I keep trying other "deep dark rose" scents to compare, and every freakin' time, so far WITHOUT FAIL, TF NdN comes out on top. Love this stuff. Best "deep dark rose" out there IMO/IME.

قرات عنه الكثير من الاطراءات والثناءات
اعتقد بانه كما يقال عن عطر حالم حميمي رومنسي لليالي الحميمية
لن اتوانى شن شرائه
لكم البحث في موقع عطر دوت انفوالعربي

williamvargas
williamvargas

got a sample of this...wow, nice opening..very classy fragrance..i love it right off the bat...just waiting for the dry down...but amazing so far..a pre-thumbs up...

I can’t stand raw tobacco scent in Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, but Noir de Noir doesn’t have Tobacco listed in the fragrance notes, and honestly I believe this is the best from Tom Ford privet blend range, therefore and as I sniffed the perfume, I fall in love with it and ordered 100 ml... But for my bad luck the smell of this amazing perfume after the heavenly top note changed when I wearied it next day and hint of the same raw tobacco odor of Tobacco Vanille start kicking in and putting me off!!!.
It could be my nose only that detects raw tobacco hint in Noir de Noir, and therefore it should not trim down the correct and deserved excellent positive reviews that was posted by others in this trend.

sf2explus
sf2explus

Amazing scent very sophisticated and classy.
This scent has a very dark and mysterious smell. It is very earthy and the rose is what i mainly smell with some aud to give out the woody vibe. THis scent is very potent do not attempt to spray twice on the neck one good spray would be perfect with a ligh tone on the chest.
The scent smells best after being on skin for an hour as the early stages can be too much for some who prefer the lighter scents. Lasting power is around 12 hours and more. projection is very good to amazing if you like it to project so much personaly i dont but thats me. bottle design well it's tom ford quality.

Scent 9/10

Florestan
Florestan

Am I wrong or...there is absolutely NO oud here?
I get mostly rose from the top, well blendend and rounded by the patchouli and, in the drydown, the rose fades away while the patchouli gently introducing a soft note of vanilla...

Anyway, no oud here, or my nose is completely gone...

Wise-222
Wise-222

THIS IS WHAT WE CALL IT ''SEDUCTIVE PERFUME''

KEEP GOING MR.TOM FORD

MQS
MQS

i agree with most reviwes, it's perfection, simple as that !

great mixture which you cannot do but clap your hands.
aoud, saffron, rose and vanilla. who think it's goning to be masterpiece ?!

longtivty 10/10 (for more than 2 days)
sillage 10/10 (one of the best)
scent 10/10 (unique, mysterious, luxury and unisex ! )

worth every penny, great work Mr.TOM

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

This goes without saying that this one is great quality scent. You can feel it from once you apply it till the last minute of its dry down. Dark, mysterious, unisex(more oriented on a person who wears it than the sex devision). Captivating and alluring fragrance. Whenever i wear it i feel like in some kind of state of darkness and seduction. You`ll get compliments with this one. Many of them. And believe me you`ll be suprised where it will transfer you while you gonna be wearing it.
Be easy on the sprayer and try to layer it with Japon Noir or Tuscan Leather which will give it more depth. Tom Ford, once again created a perfection.

emre
emre

techonolgy must be advanced as we can smell these fragrances from our laptops...:/ cant find it anywhere :/

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

So the sample passed the paper sniff test with flying colours; warm, spicy, with an interesting elusive, mysterious quality.

The skin test was another thing; Noir de noir opened with a messy almost fruity accord, then dried down to a rather sweet and bland fragrance. The only thing I can say about it is that it was not very offensive, and has excellent lasting power.

Won't be on my list of wanted fumes...

spirit966
spirit966

Its quite nice, winey, plasticy (truffle accord?), and slightly sweet; definitely a darker rose when compared to Lyric Man. I heard that it is an amped up version of Bond's Westside. I really like it, although it does feel a little bit like a less rosy and more restrained Une Rose from FM if that makes any sense.

If you want to go for something even more over the top, check out Une Rose from Frederic Malle. It is boozier, earthier, more chewy but more winey at the same time (some will find it acetoney).

Blimunda
Blimunda

This is the older brother of Kilian Rose Oud, less strong, more like a skinscent fragrance.

Agar and rose are the dominant notes that make this perfume seductive, deep, velvety, dark, and sweet. To me it has the smell of (rahat) lokum, very delicious and mouthwatering!

Poor lasting power.

I was introduced to Noir de Noir by a sales assistant as I was testing Black Orchid. He claimed that this fragrance was similar, yet richer. I'm not so convinced.

I'm surprised to discover that some find similarities between this fragrance and Bond No.9's West Side also, which is a fragrance I am very familiar with. I honestly can't compare Noir de Noir to anything.

It's a deep, rich and rooted fragrance to my nose. The oud wood and patchouli notes smell very musty and concentrated, and the rose is present in a tart-like fashion, neither soft nor feminine like you'd expect it to be. Noir de Noir has guts and masculine tendencies, it's fascinating but a little too much for me sometimes.

For some reason the vanilla note is sharp on my skin, perhaps even a little medicinal. I think I'll blame the spices and saffron for making this an odd yet strangely desirable fragrance.

The drydown is the best part in my opinion. It's here that the rose takes on a more traditional role and the heavy earthy notes mellow ever so slightly. I am able to breathe and sigh with relief upon discovering that this fragrance can be polite and friendly at times.

The longevity is excellent, as it should be, and the overall impression that it gave me was a good one. It's not for me, but this fragrance has been worth discovering.

ahsansn

This is something to put it as simple as possible - Playboy's Cologne. No matter who wears it, it just turns the person into a womaniser. All the girls stare, and lean over to get a nose full of the orgasmically narcoleptic potion.

Once you smell the opening notes, your pupils dilate, and they also dilate after you glance at the price. :D The price is a benefit IF you're looking for something which will set you miles away from the 1 Million/Issey wearing punks :)

Yes it has flaws, but what beautiful thing doesn't? I wish the longevity was for 2 days instead of 10 - 12 hours, I wish there was more oud and I wish there was more patchouli, but oh well!

If you want to nose f*ck the masses, I'd recommend layering this over a little bit of attar, something called Tom Oudh (e B a y) and you will be amazed at what heavenly orgasmic fumes you get, but please don't over do it as you will destroy your nostrils.

longevity 10/10
sillage 9.3/10
scent 10/10

sky76sky
sky76sky

I hardly expected to find love on the tube in London...but my heart missed a beat!

The tube is a good place to encounter smells, but usually they are not the pleasant kind....this time I got lucky! A striking, long-limbed, beautiful black woman was sitting not far from me. She was captivatingly beautiful in an androgenous, artsy, Shoreditch way.

I was deep in conversation with my boyfriend when my head snapped round, my nose on full twitch... a stunning deep, treacly, oud rose with a woodsy twist filled my nostrils. The dark bottle she was holding was unmistakably Tom Ford.....but which??!! Poor girl. I hope I didn't come across as too much of a perfume psycho.

I received a beautiful bottle of Noir de Noir this birthday - some love from my love. To me this is a scent of real, deep love. Not first love or infatuation, not maternal love, nor passionate love, but intense, romantic love. Beautiful. Timeless.

The scent is blended to perfection & smells like liquid gold pouring over molten woods & love letters scattered with the darkest of rose petals. The oud is present, but not over-powering & the deep, ambery sweetness is tempered by some patch-love & an earthy herbal twist. I am an oriental-lover & chypres can sometimes turn my stomach, but when they are done well I tend to adore them. Noir is mixed perfectly.

Great sillage & lasting power - but not to the point of vulgarity. Just enough evolution & interest to keep you on your toes but not so much as to be loud, unclassy or confused. Inky black with a touch of scarlet, flecked with gold leaf. “The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.”

A dark beauty & a real heart-stealer.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Gypsy parfumista put it best in her (?) review below that Noir de Noir is "the queen of flowers...in her darkest aspect". This is ROSE, but a dark, brooding, foreboding rose with no hint of romance whatsoever. Vanilla and saffron swirl beneath the surface and restrain NdN from going despairingly dark, but the patchouli and oakmoss keep the blend in its entirety thick, rich, and with only a pinprick of light. This is not Cinderella, this is her evil stepmother: cruel, haughty, and without remorse or regret. The sweet and innocent best keep away. Noir de Noir layers quite well with Tuscan Leather if you wish to make it more masculine (NdN is too feminine on its own to sit well on a man) and/or you wish to quash that last remnant of light and make it completely dark.

jasonx
jasonx

This one smells identical to West Side by Bond No 9

fpih
fpih

This one reminds me very much of Midnight Oud by Julliette Has a Gun or even Midnight Poison with an extra touch of oud. More feminine than masculine but as the two scents above, it can be worn by a man. Lasting power is good, but not as good as some other ouds in the same collection.

I like it, but I'm not a big rose fan and it's pretty loud and heavy handed in this one, so I'll pass.

Black of Black (dark of night, maybe?) is, I believe, what Noir de Noir means in French. This is (to my nose, at least) first and foremost a rose perfume, but something about it is dark and haunting and almost mystically surreal...

I received this as a gift from another member as a nice sized decant (@ 4ml of EDP splash/coffret) so when I unscrewed the lid and sniffed it I just sat back and thought: "Gods, that is gorgeous!!" and then just put it in the armoire with Black Orchid (one of my favorite perfumes), for some "fancy" evening out, and thought to myself maybe (just maybe) I have misjudged this Tom Ford fellow!

Today, I actually dabbed some on and was very very impressed with it!! Is there such a thing as a night-blooming rose? Well, there is now! Here the queen of flowers shows her darkest aspect, as she saunters in robed in cool silver and black silk and sprinkled with saffron, crowned in sacred moss and bejewelled with golden vanilla and exuding a very dark and heavy patchouli. In her delicate, but powerful, hand she bears a staff of ebony and oudhwood; cool and polished. She is utterly ancient, yet ageless and very regal. She is not malevolent, but will scare those who have never appreciated the "darker" side of life and some may run, screaming, for the light of day, fields of sunlight flowers and the like. I, for one, am content to sit at her feet, in thick swirling shadows, and listen to her tales of ancient wonders and get "lost" in her nocturnal beauty.

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4.25/5

Here is the high priestess of some ancient forest, she knows all about life and death and can walk freely between them, with no fear. Here are revealed all the secrets of nature...open to any who would look deep within and know themselves and realise all is ONE, and light and dark (love and hate, male and female) are just opposite sides of the same coin (or horns on the same goat, as my Gunda *grandma* used to say)...

Here, in this dark temple, words like "his" and "hers" are lost in eternal and immortal energies where such things are merely manmade words and everything just IS!

seaofghosts
seaofghosts

Divine! I can't express my love for this perfume in words alone. When this is on me, I smell my wrists all day and can't stop talking about how incredible it smells ; it just takes my breath away and makes me buckle at the knees. Yes, I love it that much.

On me it smells very feminine. The rose notes being most prominent but mixed with this deep dark brooding sensuality. It's whimsical and mystical. Gothic, floral and decadent all at once. Tom Ford has conjured up a masterpiece. For me, it really is perfection.

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

As the name suggests this scent is dark, dark, dark.
But more so it is delicious in more than one way. On me dark chocolate and roses show and melt into each other.
Very strong from start to drydown (as most Private Blends) but as we say here in my country "It is the dosage that makes the poison."
Use only little of it and your environment will surely notice a fine and expensive-smelling scent with star qualities. You can simply smell the exquisite composition and it is rather unlikely you will meet anyone wearing this.
I must admit that it really is similar to Black Orchid but imo NdN is less "loud" and less sweet. If you do not like BO at all then NdN is not for you, I believe.
On my skin NdN does not explicitely reveal the patchouli but I notice it in the very background, just as I like it (too much of it makes frags earthy and I am not so fond of that) and the famous oud ? Well, this mixture smells so divine that I simply do not care how much of it is in there. If I want to smell oud clearly then I will choose other perfumes.
Enjoy NdN for what it is : an exquisite semi-gourmand chypre fragrance. Bold and outstanding - a typical Tom Ford masterpiece.

RIVI1969
RIVI1969

B-Boy93: I have both Noir de Noir and Black Orchid and I find both quite similar... I could say NdN is a more intense version of BO... maybe less sweet, more dense.
I suggest you get a sample first before getting a full bottle. (From the private blend my favorite is Tobacco Vanille) regards, Ricardo

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

Tell me, is it only I who thinks this is perhaps rather similar to black orchid? What with the truffle notes, and that same dark oriental/chypre fragrance. I do think however, that what makes Noir de Noir stand out over Black Orchid is that powdery rose note and the edition of a subtle saffron. Do you think, if I own Black Orchid, that it is worth purchasing Noir de Noir? Or am I better of trying a different Private Blend fragrance?

donniekaterina
donniekaterina

I have mixed feelings about Noir de Noir.The perfume looks like it wasn't completely made for humans but for some types of creatures such as Batman....yeah Batman the man who couldn't get rid of his second nature,the nature of mammal.Comes out from its crypt,a cold wet basement in the rocks,as saffron sprouts on a hillside and rose gently caresses the dark and medicine note of oud.I find the perfume suitable for women too,after an hour I get a sweet rosy spicy feeling,it's really sexy.....

NatWeb
NatWeb

Gorgeous. Definitely a cold weather fragrance as it envelopes you in a thick fog of scent. I loved it at first sniff. Would be great on the right man too.

armaniboy
armaniboy

I consider this my signature scent!it is rosy boozy leathery very erotic simply fantastic. I got the 250ml decanter.not easy to use but the juice in it precious.LOVE IT.(bye bye Armani..at least for a while).

autumn89
autumn89

Noir de Noir is one of the most haunting scents i own. For some reason something about it is slightly eerie... that sounds bizarre but it must trigger some distant memory in my brain or something!

Its really beautiful. I get a very powerful rose note, very fermented and boozy. Soon after the oud comes into play adding a slightly earthy quality. There's a lot going on in the background that my untrained nose cant detect. This phase lasts for hours and then its a woody vanilla skin scent. I can detect the rose throughout the whole development. I know its classed as an oriental chypre, but its definately more oriental than chypre.

Lovely on its own, but layered with amber absolute it blows me away.

Easily unisex.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I got to try this one today and it leaves me confused a little bit: the initial phase is very heavy and dense, but after a few hours i can hardly smell it. The presence of aoud is strong and intoxicating, but not in a pleasant way. On me, the scent reminds of the baking dough with those artificial flavours for cookies and sour vinegar... this makes my stomach turn slightly))
it's warm and somewhat cloying, suitable for winter, but not good for my body chemistry. I'll have to pass on this one, unfortunately...

Update: my friend commented that the scent was actually good, even though no suitable for summer, but my nose just can't accept it...*sigh*

When i was in Granada, i bought my grandmother some rosary beads made from rose petals (im not religious, but she is).
They smelled just like noir de noir. My admittedly unskilled nose can only pick up on the thick, boozy rose for the first few hours until it settles down into a subtle vanilla woods. There is always a slight, unclean tang (the oud i assume) but i cant particularly smell that, i can just get a hint of it.

It's truly beautiful. Somewhat more feminine than most private blends, but a man can easily wear it.

I don't get rose at all in this, so I'm not sure what Doc Elly is talking about. It's basically a cleaner, spicier Fumerie Turque on me; a little woody, spicy, clear tobacco notes. There's a slightly honey edge that sweetens it up, but overall it's warm and rich without being suffocatingly sweet or cloying. Very lovely and yes, unisex.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Delicious! That was my immediate reaction on opening up the little sample vial. This is an oriental rose perfume, a dark and complex rose framed by saffron, vanilla, and other things that aren’t really obvious. Are the truffles that are supposed to be in there the chocolate kind (most likely) or are they the pungent, sulfurous mushroom kind? In either case, I didn’t detect them. I think all of the excitement is in the beginning, because the scent eventually dries down to a slightly almond-y candied rose similar to several Arabian perfumes that I have. Whatever is revealed, hidden, or absent entirely, this is a very good rose scent.

blaqueskimo
blaqueskimo

Love this scent! JUST discovered it today but did not want to pay $180 for it :( luckily the S.A. hooked me up with a huge sample bottle of it!! along with a few other of his scents!

Rita @leftcoastnose
Rita @leftcoastnose

The scent notes call it a chypre—okay, fine, I won’t argue. But most chypres, in my experience, are about contrasting, almost warring smells—the citrus getting a rise out of the florals while the oakmoss ties them both to the ground.

Instead, I immediately experience “Noir de Noir” as fully shaped and stable with no sharp edges—harmonious rather than atonal, a major rather than a minor chord: dark caramel, vanilla, roses, freshly-cut blond tobacco leaf, yummy woods, rum. If there’s a citrus in there, I don’t find it. And then, as promised, black truffles over the top, and a curlicue of saffron. After 45 minutes and for the next 4-5 hours, the gooey center of a vanilla-saffron rum ball.

This is a scent to wear when you want someone to taste you. I’ve got another name for NdN: “Man Candy.”

Kterhark
Kterhark

this is one of my favorite scents from this line, but not in a 'I want to wear it' kind of way. This is too masculine, in my opinion.

But Gents- if you are perusing for a fragrance will make women's heads snap, check this one out. It is very seductive and intoxicating. Whatever Tom Ford does he does not well, but exceptionally well, as this chypre proves. I really love it (just not on myself).

Catnip
Catnip

Just by reading the description, I confess I expected "more." What more? Hmm, more patchouli, more oud, more tree moss. I expected to find more of the chypre qualities of a fragrance. Don't get me wrong. I still like Noir de Noir, but I find the name of this perfume to be somewhat of a misnomer. On me, Noir de Noir is not dark at all. In fact, it starts fairly brightly with the spicy note of saffron, which I happen to love (so no problem there). A gentle rose develops soon after, and then it is quickly enveloped by fairly sweet vanilla. I detect something like chocolate: It could be the combination of vanilla, patchouli, and truffle. Not a bad one, by all means, and, overall, the effect is quite pleasant. However, if you crave a true dark chypre with the earthy notes of black truffle and tree moss, look elsewhere.

scent67
scent67

I've got it. That's pure beauty. Warm, dark, rosy, but not oily or fatty. Incredible.

veruska
veruska

I thought i'd like that because it seems to fit the name perfectly and although it does i can't call it extremely interesting. This is saffron patchouli with rich undertones. I find it denser that i like it and it reminds me of a enjoyable museum piece like an Egyptian mummy.

Suzy
Suzy

I found this description: (oriental-chypre) with notes of saffron, black rose, black truffle, vanilla, patchouli, oud wood, tree moss.

I find it very warm and cozy and definately unisex.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Noir de Noir fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Noir de Noir, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noir de Noir by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noir de Noir by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.