Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Oud Wood Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

I have it: 1244 I had it: 188 I want it: 1057 My signature: 49

oud

Private Blend is first and exclusive collection by Tom Ford, which includes twelve eau de parfums, each of them can be used solely or in combination with other fragrances from the collection.
Private Blend Collection was launched in 2007. The fragrances are available in 50ml and 250ml bottles.

"PRIVATE BLEND is my own scent laboratory: it's where I have the ability to create very special, original fragrances that are unconstrained by the conventions of mainstream scent-making. PRIVATE BLEND is designed with the true fragrance connoisseur n mind." Tom Ford

Agarwood (Oud) Brazilian Rosewood Cardamom Sichuan Pepper Sandalwood Vetiver Tonka Bean Vanilla Amber

Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir

Oud Wood Fragrance Reviews

mnmlizm
mnmlizm

Tom Ford is not for the weakhearted, as with any fragrance he's been involved in over his career span he knows how to craft a strong juice. I was reeling after Amber Absolute was discontinued and began searching for another fragrance, desperately trying to search for another Amber based fragrance that really stood out I had overlooked one versatile gem that will push your senses and I fell in love with Oud Wood after sorting through the collection.

Oud Wood took me back to a time where I had lived in Bahrain and Dubai, and often smelled a scent that I couldn't describe or could nail. Well fast forward 6 years ahead and I didn't know that when I lived in the in the Middle East as a young man I was experiencing a part of culture that the common Western world had little knowledge about. As soon as I sprayed it on my skin I was taken back to my young twenties living in the desert figuring out the man I was to become. Tom Ford's Oud Wood has to be the closest take on what I remember a solid Oudh, Oud, Aoud, or Agarwood smelling like, and far as I can recollect what could be considered equatable to that scent depth.

When I wear this fragrance I feel prestigious, royal, opulent it has a warmth and depth that isn't easy to describe. I imagine burning camp firewood, warm cherries, graham crackers, a hint of oil/diesel, incense, cherry blossoms, and a spicy pepper. As amber is a very rich and dense fragrance, I find that oud is a transformative dance on senses. Oud Wood is a lifter of spirits, and a powerhouse. I notice that it works mysteriously and transitions according to the weather, so I'm heading with the mentality that this has some real oud in the composition.If not, then bravo on a job well done you have fooled my nose quite brilliantly. That being said, I personally fell different about this scent with every wear. Sometimes it's strong or too weak, perfect, or smells dirty, it really depends on chemistry at the time of wear. For some reason, I love that about the fragrance, it's transformative like me, so no complaints.

What now has become such a hit in the Western World with a due response I can only imagine what YSL M7 did when it hit the market. Correct me if I am wrong, but think was designed by Ford or he being the creative director of the moment.

Calvini

Regarding fake testers: so I just got my "fake" Tom Ford London tester with the "demonstration tester" sticker and the white box; I can tell the label looks crappy and the lid is definitely third rate, but the juice smells the same!!? Is Tom Ford that easy to duplicate or maybe the bottle itself is real (probably stolen?) and everything else fake? I have no clue, but I might keep it.. We'll see

Diegoloo
Diegoloo

People saying that this lasts 6 hours are completely nuts. I have very dry skin and this lasts 12 hours. This is the smoothest fragrance out there, sublime, sublime. Oud Wood is really nice, alluring, mouthwatering. My 2nd favorite Private Blend (after TL). I am 19 and I wear: TV, TL and OW. You can use them at the age you want, just with the proper manners. That's it.

ConsumerThis
ConsumerThis

Today I'm wearing the original gold sticker bottle of this juice. It's perfect. It's everything I've been looking for in a niche market in rregards to a fresh woody fragrance.
Sexy. Upscale. Wood. There's a very slight hint of medicinal oud here but this is a overall different kind of scent than what one would expect a oud fragrance to smell like.
It's projection and longevity are out of this world also!
I'm very impressed and will defiantly be keeping this bottle.

Calvini

This is very smooth, elegant, and refined. forget about dirty, funky, or oud; this is none of that. They probably just used 1 or 2 aroma chemicals that make up the synthetic "oud accord" and named it at that.
It's one of those transitioning fragrances before getting to know the niche market and what a men's cologne could smell like; it's not extraordinary but definitely a trend setter I'd say (considering oud was almost unheard of in the western market back then).
I initially thought it was simply boring but am starting to appreciate its calming qualities, so if you're looking for oud this will give you the wrong impression (or expectation), but if you're looking for a soft comfortable [somewhat] masculine woody scent, this is not bad :)

widescope

Valantis every store has full bottle testers for the clients to test. If one gets his hands on one of these for any reason then you,ve got yourself a tester. This makes sense to you?

Calvini

I'm sure they're talking about full bottle "testers" that's often on eBay, not the "samples" or "decants"

*There happens to be a lot of fake ones coming from Russia right now (still in the old gold/brown packaging) believe it or not... After research I found out Tom Ford doesn't give out testers in the 100 ml bottle, especially not in the fake white tester box, and always come with caps, so if you recently bid on those on eBay consider yourselves victims (because I did.. and my fake tester is still in transit; I guess I'll give it a shot anyway and report later)

excessivecolor
excessivecolor

valantis, at a Tom Ford Boutique or a Tom Ford counter in a department store they will make a decant in a 4 ml glass vial with a black top from their big flacon and add a gold sticker with the name of your chosen scent. I've had tons of these made right in front of me, please don't tell people authentic testers don't exist.

There was also the Private Blend coffret released with 6 x 0.4 oz mini bottles of Neroli Portofino, Jasmin Rouge, Oud Wood, Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanilla, and Noir de Noir.

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

I have tried this from a sample vial and I must admit that it is fantastic.

I am seriously considering a full bottle of this come autumn time. The up-front freshness of this fragrance with it being a "woody" type is quite unusual but perfectly accomplished. I tend to find woody fragrances a bit darker and more "burnt" or "spicy" to my nose, but Oud Wood is contrary to that. It almost contains a "soapy" kind of freshness. This caught me off-guard, because I was expecting something quite different. Even though I consider it more of a fresh fragrance, the opulence, thickness and excellently blended, well selected materials which are indicative of TF PB are still there.

The wood here is also quite dry, there is no real sweetness to this one, which I like very much, as many Tom Fords do tend to contain a sweetening note or two. They seem to be absent here.

Extremely luxurious and unashamedly masculine I think. It puts me in mind of an exclusive members only Golf club, where you can play a round in the most beautifully manicured woodland setting, and then enjoy a good scotch at the 19th hole. I don't have the money to do this, but I can imagine the whole experience would smell just like Oud Wood.

I can't even put my finger on the notes with this one really, but I do know that I like it.

Frankee
Frankee

Let me say first, that i'm collecting the private blends. I think, some of these are simply the best fragrances out there. I don't like the guy, Tom Ford.

Oud Wood is very special. When i received it, i found it too medicinal, synthetic. I didn't like it. At all.

Over the last months, it developed to the clear No. 2 in my collection, right after Tuscan Leather.

Oud Wood is a very warm and welcoming fragrance, the oud is clear and very straight and it's softened by the rosewood. Amber and the Tonka Beans creating a superb drydown which never turns into a heavy sweetness, the oud always straightens it out.

Longevity is phenomenal. I can smell it 15 hours later on my arm.

I own a lot of fragrances, this is the only one, next to Noir de Noir, which gets me a lot compliments from women. Women like this frag.

This is a clear: Try and buy!

Overall: 10/10

The Oracle
The Oracle

This exquisite stuff is advertised as "unisex", but to me it smells 100% masculine (though it is not heavy).

Warm, exotic, unusual, alluring, this stuff is great. To my nose, it is the best of the oud fragrances out there. Yes, I think it's worth the money; and yes, it gets compliments from women.

Wanda Zimny
Wanda Zimny

I have the CPO. A little goes a long way! Gorgeous ...

ask4fahad
ask4fahad

Great but very expensive. Is it so good that I would spend $300 on it?
Answer: Never

valantis
valantis

To ketoile!!!!

Tom Ford doesn't produce testers for the private blend.

All the Tom Ford Private Blend Testers Are 1000000000% Fakes....

MickZ
MickZ

I tested all of the current TF Private Blends and this is still my favorite. It is a bit acrid and medicinal at the outset, like most solid oud-based scents, but this fades. It combines with rosewood that smells like a freshly-oiled guitar fretboard. It's masculine to my nose, although I have read that this is Taylor Swift's signature scent. No worries as this does not detract from the allure.

Lightly sweet and haunting, it is one of those addicting scents that you can't get enough of. It reminds me of the mingled smells of a seaside Boardwalk once it settles in -- not aquatic or salty, but what eminates from the hot wooden planks baking in the mid-day sun, mixed with the faint sweetness of suntan lotion and funnel cake in the distance.

Now the bad news: Longevity absolutely sucks. Big time. Even after eight sprays from the stingy atomizer, there is only a whisper left within three to four hours. Shelling out $300 for 100 ml of this stuff is a tall order given this below average performance. As much as I enjoy this scent (while it is there), I can't wholeheartedly recommend it. Conversely, Xerjoff's Gao oud is so powerful, you can't scub it off even if you want to.

If you're really serious about Oud, I would try Xerjoff. If you like the dry down of Oud Wood but want more longevity, try By Kilian's Straight to Heaven, which has different ingredients but similar notes. I score TF Oud Wood an 8/10, docked for the longevity issue but still high scoring because the dry down is so damn good.

gedlive
gedlive

I hadn't worn Oud Wood for a while. I was impressed once again at how georgeus a woody fragrance this is. I have or tried about 5 Private Blends and this I would say is the most luxurious fragrance I have. My brother and sister in law are coming for a visit, if I want to impress them with how stunning fragrances can be, I would have them try this.

I try to stay clear of very sensual or luxurious fragrances. I like woody, natural, earthy, herbal fragrances, that are beutifull, but not going to arouse me carnally. This Oud Wood is borderline, it's very magnificent in it's woody beauty, but the nuances of cardamom, and Tonka, vanilla, make it sensual, also making it somewhat feminine, making it a shared fragrance.

All Private Blends are bold, luxurious, beutifull fragrances. I would like to bring up the subject of how fragrances can be wonderful, but not so wearable. Have you noticed some fragrances are wonderfull, but you would rather smell it as a room fragrance, as a scented candle, or burning incense, or popery.
I think Oud Wood is a bit like that as some others, Amber Absolute and Italian Cypress are two that are very wearable for me.

I had applied a very natural "fig" fragrance earlier, L 'Artisan Parfumeur's "Caligna". It was blending in with Oud Wood so nicely, and it became better than either one of them. The fig gave Oud Wood a very natural fruity nuance. If your listening Tom Ford, reformulate this with a fig note...

God bless you. John 3:16

ketoile
ketoile

Got a tester of this recently; I tend to like deeper more masculine scents like vetiver, and woody, spicy fragrances. No headaches with this one but it does something very strange on my skin – it smells almost...skunky? Disappointed as a few people suggested this was one I would love.

driftglass178
driftglass178

This smells like a foot which got sweaty.
Not my cup of tea at all.

cactus.samurai
cactus.samurai

This was my first designer perfume and my wife fell in love with it before I did. I am so glad she insisted that I go back and try it again.

Amazing depth and sophistication and nothing like I smelled or owned before. I blame this one for getting me into the perfume game :)

thebark
thebark

A nice scent that does a decent job of capturing the essence of oud without, unfortunately, all the complexities of the real stuff. To that end, it comes off as merely a snapshot in time of something like Cambodian oud; somewhat sweet, somewhat incense-like and hovering over the wearer like a haze of mystical smoke, but ultimately coming across as a featured destination while missing the journey of the real stuff itself. Not necessarily a bad thing, but half the fun and enjoyment in what makes oud so unique is in the ride it takes one on.

hadas
hadas

Some of the reviewers below say that they could swear there is patchouli oil in this, even though patchouli is not listed in the notes on Fragrantica. Well, they're right: there is A LOT of real patchouli essential oil in this fragrance! It is listed in the notes on Sephora.com and in the temptalia.com article on Tom Ford's oud fragrances. I would even say that Oud Wood is more of a patchouli perfume than an oud fragrance.

In addition to patchouli, the trace of oud combines with sandalwood & cardamom to produce an accord that is similar to Comet or Ajax powder cleanser (there's a review on Basenotes that notes this similarity too). It's a pretty fragrance and I LOVE the Ajax powder cleanser accord, but the patchouli is a bit too heavy for my liking.

Cancerian1978
Cancerian1978

I cant understand why you waste all that amount of money for a very weak oud that disappears in seconds from your skin. Thumbs down to me guys. I cant smell anything. It is gone !!

acidnbass
acidnbass

Have you ever smelled Armani Privé's Vetiver Babylone? This fragrance is a complete sibling, or perhaps a fraternal twin brother that favors more woodsy notes over fresh citrus. I'm surprised not to see bergamot listed here, as the vetiver/bergamot combo that gives Vetiver Babylone much of its character is highly present here, but in a more rounded way. The Oud and tonka gives the TF fragrance more year-round wearability, and its softer cadence gives it sophistication and range that the sporty and spry Vetiver Babylone might not be able to grant to more reserved or mature demographics.

There is a nice, sweet muskiness present in Oud Wood that balances out the acridity of the Oud/Vetiver/Bergamot (still baffled why it's not lister here) heart and makes it more nocturnal-friendly, but this is still a sharper fragrance that would wear best spring through fall. And it makes sense—pure oud oil is a very textured material that pricks the nose and gives off a ozonic freshness (which is why balsamic, rosey ouds always seem kind of overpowering and stuffy to me). Fresh and aquatic-leaning ouds, like this, are much more true to the actual wood.

All in all, this TF Oud is very wearable and appealing, if perhaps a bit unoriginal in this price tier. But sharing the stage with one of Armani Privés most acclaimed mens fragrances is hardly the kind of peer group this TF fragrance should be ashamed of, especially with its uniquely woody character. It's worth noting, however, that Vetiver Babylone, while more ephemeral in longevity and brash with its overtones, is much less dear to the wallet than this TF fragrance, so a test wearing of both may be appropriate.

Mr. Chris
Mr. Chris

Out of the Tom Fords that I own (which is five, including TV and TL) this one is my favorite and probably in my top 3 all time favorites. It's just feels right on me.

If I were nitpicking and had to pick out one flaw with this it would be the projection, I wish it would push out just a tad more. Other than that, this is the perfect fragrance for me personally in formal situations fall through spring.

SalouS
SalouS

Nice fragrance, but not a WOW one. Smoky wood with little Oud. longevity and projection are good.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

A good but not great scent. Add in the weak sillage and mediocre longevity, and it's just not worth it at this price point. There are other Tom Ford's, such as Tobacco Oud, that are much better.

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

Tom Ford says it is unisex but that, according to me, is not true. A scent cannot be more masculine than this. Get a lot of smoky woody notes and I like it more than many other oud-based scents I have got in my collection. I won't be able to distinguish between this and Versace Oud Noir, at least for an hour or two after application, thats how similar they are in the beginning but the dry down of Oud Wood is really amazing.

Smell: 10/10
Projection: 6/10

Malonet9189
Malonet9189

This smells AMAZING but...........the longevity is a joke for the price tag. And it deeply hurts my feelings. I am so in love with this but I don't want to be :(
Oud wood is so well blended. It starts off a bit medicinal like but once it settles down, its gorgeous. I get woody with a hint of floral on my skin...so luxurious, earthy, seductive and sexy. Aaargghh Mr Tom Ford....would you please stop playing with my emotions!

mayberry
mayberry

Sweet and sour. Smells exactly like a bonfire scented candle I used to have. I'm also getting beachwood yankee candle. I wouldn't want this on my body.

Aleccsei
Aleccsei

SWEET BIRD OF OUD
_______________________________________________________

More than a year ago, when I visited the Tom Ford stand to buy 'Grey Vetiver' I encountered the wonderful Oud-trio for the first time (OUD WOOD, TABACCO OUD and OUD FLEUR). Although my favourite of the 3 is 'Oud Fleur', 'Oud Wood' smells better.

Sandalwood and Rosewood are being helped by some tonka beans and a lot of vailla to build a magnificent shrine to the amazing oud. Vanilla and the tonka bean help the oud settle down so that it's not overwhelming, while sandalwood and rosewood help build it up to be amazingly gentle. Tom Ford created a wonderful balance of oud and vanilla, which makes this fragrance elegant and majestic, but not overwhelming.

Longetivity: - 8/10
Sillage: - 9/10

All in all: 10 out of 10 points (subjective: it smells divine)

db777
db777

Starting little sweet and sour and woody - this scent may mix problematically with body scent (especially at warm and hot weather). Surprise, it passing this problem right on the edge, and slowly becomes more transparent and dry, something like pine tree at sunny day, very natural by the way, not synthetic at all. I like it, in fact purchased 100ml bottle : one of the rare perfumes that not too heavy and great for any situation. Projection is moderate, but this is great, considering strength of perfumes. Scent will stay pretty long time with you : I can easy smell it more then 10 hours, some traces even after the bath.

stephen.r
stephen.r

Rich, manly, wonderful oud scent that is not stinky, too middle eastern or overbearing. Initial blast is sharp, slightly perfumey and tons of rich oud. That quickly settles and mellows close to skin within minutes if not seconds and leaves a decidedly manly fragrance.

The problem: the cost. Never do I mind spending $200+ on a great scent, but...wait for it...I also own Versace Oud Noir and they are nearly identical, except that I find Oud Noir is stronger, projects better and lasts much longer. Since Versace can be found for $50-100 online brand new, I simply cannot recommend buying Tom Ford, since I own them both and cannot tell the difference except for longevity performance. Both are EDP concentrations.

Again, I own both and have let both settle on the skin during daily use; Versace was a gift, I purchased the Tom Ford. I CANNOT tell the difference with closed eyes.

Melted
Melted

I have a small sample of this and I have to say I like it very much. It's the first oud fragrance I have tried and it reminds me of both Bvlgari Man in Black and Alford & Hoff.

This is now on my wanted list but time will tell if that becomes a purchase.

Jyrhara
Jyrhara

This is how I'd like my man to smell, but until I find Him, I'll be the one wearing Oud Wood...

jes1123
jes1123

Wow is this amazing! Let me start by saying I categorically do NOT like oud wood. I have smelled enough ouds to decide that they simply are not for me. One time a girl smelled so lovely I asked her what she was wearing, and she told me Dior Oud Ispahan. I tried it on and it was just SO overpowering and it never took the time to surrender to my skin - it remained as it was and as it wanted to be, and that was when I officially wrote off oud for good (so I thought).

However, during my weekly online sample purchases, something in me decided to give oud another go. I smelled a few By Kilians and confirmed what I had already decided. But then I tried this one - Tom Ford Oud Wood - and I was blown away. This is so soft and creamy, warm and cuddly, and it DOES surrender to your skin. When I say that, I do not mean it clings so tightly no one can smell it - I mean it chooses to adapt and melt with your own individuality. That is something I very much appreciate in a fragrance.

Many people seem to be upset that it diminishes into a soft, close to the skin scent, however to me this is a good thing. Perfume should be intimate, something that keeps you happy and energized throughout the day, and a secret that you share with those who you allow in your personal space. It should not be a blow horn that forces itself upon everyone around you, whether they want to experience your potion or not.

Wih that said, I will put my Oud Wood sample to the test - see how my people react to it: love it? Hate it? And if the responses are positive, I will be purchasing a FB. I truly think this will become my new signature.

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

Fragrances with misleading names seem to be everywhere these days, and the house of Tom Ford is occasionally guilty. Fortunately this isn't the case with oud wood. This is a gooey, resinous oud that is blatantly obvious but far from obnoxious. It's a quiet one, which is a nice change considering how loud Tom Ford fragrances can get. There is a clear evolution, transitioning from the sweet, medicinal oud to a beautifully deep, woodsy, ritual like ambience. At times it's almost foody, and some mention a mustard note. Ignore any comparisons to M7 as they're just two very different animals. I must say that I'm very impressed, but can't see myself coughing up this kind of cash for something that sits so close to the skin.

Ricks44
Ricks44

Tested wearing this for the first time today. Love Versace Oud Noir. Was interested to see how similar they are.

They are. For about 2-3 minutes. Then completely different. But I've fallen in love with Oud Wood. Noticeably I got great projection for say 30-60 mins with about 6 sprays. After that I got an occasional whiff and then became a skin scent. However, I didn't have to dig my nose in. Could smell it about 5-10 inches away.

It's been about 10 hours since I sprayed. I've since worked out and hit the shower. Laying in bed writing this and I'm getting Oud Wood popping into my nose. I have long hair and sprayed a hefty amount knowing knowing it would last in my hair. It's a very subtle smokey vanilla scent that is left.

I plan on purchasing the 250ml bottle and when wearing, taking the atomiser with me. Problem solved.

I'm inclined to give this a 10/10 as when it applied, I felt incredible. Great depth to this one. Does so many jobs.
I got complimented about 10 minutes after by a sales assistant in a different shop saying "You smell amazing, it smells really expensive".
No shit. £330 quid kind of expensive.
That is the down fall. But the quality, the feeling and magic is there.

Marino419
Marino419

I am here to compare the old label with the new label.

I've owned 2 bottles of the old label and 2 of the new label. I never let my flacons run dry, so I still have all 4 batches.

Despite what everyone says, there is a difference. The color of the juice alone tells you that. I buy the 250ml flacons. I decant and get to see the color that any other size is hidden behind the amber color.

The old stuff is darker in color while the new stuff is closer to clear. B4 anyone says something about storage, I keep all my fragrance temperature controlled.

The old juice (darker color) seems to be more oily upon application. The new stuff is very oily as well, when compared to most other EDP fragrances. But the old stuff seems more potent.

The old stuff opens with a bit more pleasant creamy note combined with a true oud smell. The new juice seems more subtle at opening.

By drydown, they are practically one of the same. The old stuff seems to last well into the next day, while the newer stuff has a bit of a longevity issue on my skin.

If you can find older batches, go for it. If not, no worries because they are both really good.

AngelEuphoria

I love rich fragrances. I have and enjoy TF's Black Orchid & Velvet Orchid. However, some fragrances, though gorgeous, are better suited to fragrances for the home rather than the body. TF Oud Wood or Oud Wood fragrances in general, work better for the oil burner. I love the smell and also use TF White Patchouli in my burner. I buy them in oil form at the scentsationalshoppe.com I buy most of my fragrances from them in oil form so I have the option to wear or to burn in oil burner. Another trick: simply take a small pot, fold paper towel into rectangle, rub oil onto paper towel, add water to the pot and bring to a boil. Set timer on the stove. This technique is safer than oil burners. It will leave your home smelling equally as fresh as oil burners. I've traded my burner for this technique

NicheMaster29

I am going to have to agree with the owner of the company mr Tom Ford himself when he said quote "this formula of oud wood is no different than then new release other than the color of packaging " Now, lets be as open minded as possible. I have sampled both versions. They are the exact same scent, now i do believe that over time a fragrances melecular composite and or structure can be manipulated as well as being exposed to harsh elements of the atmosphere therefore making the scent differ from a fresh new batch. We are looking for something to have changed when its a known FACT that the formula hasnt. I know fragrances are reformulated all the time but that is not the case here. i just think a little education and research should be done before leaving comments that the masses will enjoy and jumping on what they say.

KPPorset
KPPorset

So incredibly poor lasting and definitely not worth the asking price. The perfume is incredible smelling very rich and decadent on first application. I bought this years ago and the bottle I acquired for xmas 2015 is a shameful comparison I would not advise buying this at all. Unless you wish to buy mine from the UK and going very cheap. Appalling longevity for the price. 3/10

£100.00 posted UK

Mohammed Ahmed
Mohammed Ahmed

majecatracho
check out Superior oud wood by Arabian oud company...to me it's almost identical to tom ford oud wood but With a monstrous Performance..smells really natural and high quality....the price is 88$ for 100 ml....

majecatracho

i really like this scent, too bad it only lasts about half an our on my skin. is a real shame because if it were potent i would buy me a bottle. can anyone recommend me a substitute that has more projection and longevity?

leogusso
leogusso

Ho provato per la prima volta questo profumo a Lafayette e l'ho comprato appena ritornato a Milano. Sono stato subito colpito da questa fragranza a dir poco eccezionale; più che un profumo, un viaggio. Caldo, avvolgente, principalmente invernale. Voto 10.

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

Oud Wood from TF is just hint of oud, more of wood note prominently. On the dry down I pick up a hint of spicy pepper with vetiver. I don't make the connections between this fragrance and Versace Oud. Versace has a real vib rose whereas this juice has no sweet rosey tone. Everytime I smell this juice, I could swear there's an aroma of anise seeds, is a very high-quality lasting well over 8hrs.
Longevity and Silage is excellent....
Finally,
TF has had success creating nieche fragrance today. I enjoy it but if I'm going to dish out several bills, I might consider Kilian if your after a real attractive oud aroma.
Having said that, I'm not knocking this fragrance. Smelling this fragrance, evokes the senses giving it that Oriental mystical experience. Love to buy a full bottle. 8.5/10

landshark321
landshark321

Sharper in its opening, smoother in its dry down, Tom Ford's Oud Wood provides mostly wood, and only a little oud, and is mainly a refined cold weather scent that is regarded as one of the men's mainstays of the private blend line, and I generally agree. Oud Wood is masculine, smooth, and relatively safe creation from the private blend line, which is generally somewhat more daring. This is more of a crowd-pleaser, however, despite some notes that pile on the earthiness, like vetiver. I don't get much spiciness (i.e. cardamom, pepper) or sweetness (i.e. amber, tonka, vanilla) as the notes would suggest. For me, Oud Wood rests wholly in the woody realm with rosewood and sandalwood, with the oud as a subservient note that doesn't harshen the experience very much.

Relatively strong on projection and longevity, but not a powerhouse like Tobacco Vanille or Noir de Noir, it certainly has enough potency to justify spending they money if you like the scent.

I do not regard this as one of the greater entries in the private blend line, as many do--it doesn't sit well enough on my skin, personally, though I can understand how this could be a men's signature winter scent. Worth trying, as you may love it as many do, but not terribly unique in my opinion.

7 out of 10

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

masterpiece from Tom Ford's private blend! One of the most safe to blind buy ...when i wear it i smell expensive...This one's full of darkness,...it is my favourite fragrance...oud sent is very balance..Oud Wood is a wonderful/// especially on a winters day,
نمونه حهت تست موجوده.طالبین پیام بدهند

Fragboy702
Fragboy702

This has to be my favorite oud fragrance, because it's so versatile can be worm in winter and summer spring fall. Honestly this frag shines more in the summer i know it sounds weird but it's true. People say they have performance issues with this will that's because they not using in the right season. The heat of the summer makes this one pop out of my skin and without getting cloying, you can use 3-5 sprays in the summer and this bad boy still shine, trust me. The smell is awesome, i also don't have any performance issues with this, i get anywhere from 7-9 hours, I'm happy if any fragrance gives me 6-8 and this does, so in my book it's a winner. As far as sillage goes it gives me around 3-4 hours of great fumes then after that it sits closer to the skin but can still be smelled within arms length.

Performance: 7.5
Sillage:7
Versatility:10
Compliment factor:9
Overall:9.5

matrix31

Update:
Received other sample of TF Oud Wood with grey label and can tell there is definitely difference between gold one.
More projection and longevity. More darker and heavier oud coming out. Love!

Totroy
Totroy

Scent = 10/10
Longevity = 4/10
Projection = 4/10
Overall 6/10
Comment: Tom Ford Oud Wood, you smell so good. But you are too weak in all around performance.

phanhtofu
phanhtofu

A very nice blend. I have tested the 2 versions os Oud Wood and I think the original one (golden label) is way "closer to skin" - I mean in a feminine way with very light sweet oud and creamy wood. The grey label has louder oud, and drydown is deeper and smoky in a more mature way.
Both are rich and complex scents. I love them all.
On my skin, they all last very long.
Tom Ford never goes out of style :)

Ok guys,need help now.
Just bought recently sample from eBay and to be honest was expecting more.
Longevity very poor on me, maybe couple hours. Fragrance not strong enough even when sniff fron test strip.Ofcourse I can't be sure about original or fake fragrance. Question is about juice colour. Should be clear or dark colour?

Abo ahlamjood
Abo ahlamjood

ابداع ثم ابداع ثم ابداع ، هذا العطر يهواه أهل الشرق اكثر من الغربيين لأنهم لا يقدرون قيمة العود مثلنا ولذلك تجد بعض التعليقات التي تنتقص من قيمة هذا العطر الراقي

Shayan.k
Shayan.k

در اولین رویارویی با این رایحه نمیتونید تشخیص بدید که مردانه است یا زنانه اما اگر مدت بیشتری این رایحه رو استشمام کنید به حظور روح مردانه در این عطر پی میبرید.بنابراین کلمه ی یونی سکس براش کاملا مناسب هست.در این عطر روایح چوبها بسیار خوب با هم ترکیب شده و البته میشه بوی عود رو از دیگر چوب ها تشخیص داد.عطریست بسیار ملایم در عین حال که از ترکیبات گفته شده انتظار یک عطر پر صر وصدا رو داریم.این عطر همانند یک لباس زیبا و شاهانه ولی بدون زرق و برق بر تنتان خواهد نشست.ماندگاری و پخش خوبی داره اما چون عطر ملایمی هست انتظار یک پخش انفجاری رو نداشته باشید.این عطر از اون دسته عطر های چوبی نیست که به شما حس یک جنگل با درختان بدون برگ پر پیچ و خم و بوی چوب سوخته رو بده مثل لالیک مشکی و یا رویال عود زیبا.اما همونطور که گفتم لباس شاهنه و زیبایی رو بر تن میکید

JEDI 2.0

Reviews state that this cologne smells like everything from cheese, to turpentine. And what's weird is, they're all kind of right.

Honestly, i picture George Zimmer from the Men's Warehouse when i smell this stuff; a scruffy-bearded man, but well groomed, in a tan wool suit with the elbow pads. Very few fragrances give me a strong mental image of a particular person, but this one does for me.

8/10, it's a great fragrance with amazing performance, but just not something i could wear very often.

nszlufik
nszlufik

Hands down the most easily wearable/acceptable Oud for the Western world. In all stages, this smells captivating and leaves an amazing - warm, inviting, fresh and slightly sensual scent trail. Not quite sure what Rosewood smells like in itself, so from my best description, this starts off as an oud drenched in vanilla (turns what mightve been a harsh scent into one of a touch of sweetness) and smoothed over by cardamon. It is easily recognizably oudy and is ever-so-slightly sweet and undoubtedly smooth and fresh. Throughout its short life, the scent dries into more of a woodsy scent and the oud becomes lighter and tapers off with an equivalent loss of vanilla. After application at the TF boutique at the local mall, I detected it for only 3 hours after which point it was too faint to notice while other colognes I had tested were still noticeable. I have TF Noir de Noir and that does not suffer the longevity issues this does.
Comparisons - this (TF) does not really compare to any of the other Designer Ouds out there. Oud Noir for example has an amazing deep and dark and also captivating initial blast of dark thick syrupy Oud but the lifespan of that quality lasts for about 2-5 minutes which is hardly worth mentioning. Oud Noir can just as well be compared to the likes of Gucci Intense Oud (New, not seen on here), Oud Absolu and Polo Supreme Oud. I bought some 'Tom Oudh' by Surrati perfumes and it smells almost identical to TF so it has slightly tarnished the whole 'gem' that TF Oud Wood once mightve been because it is so well replicated for a lot less money -only problem is I dont have the means or know-how to get it into a sprayable form - and if I do get it into a sprayable bottle, it wont have the classy TF look.
UPDATE: Have a bottle. This wears close to the skin. Not much projection which is okay but the longevity is also an issue. Much weaker than Noir de Noir. With time Im becoming more unimpressed with this. I have the newer grey bottle. Doesnt project and is fairly shortlived.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

I like this one. I think I like the Orpur Agar wood ingredient that's in this one and Oud Noir etc, probably others...not sure how many frags are using that synthetic. It smells soft and comforting. I have put some on just now before bed, and every time I put this one on I smell something, correct me if im wrong. Or maybe im crazy after all. But when I wear this, one of the minor notes is a Ketchup note. It's somewhat faint. Watch for it. Have I completely lost my mind? It's almost the same note as in Encre noir but I don't think it's iso e. It's probably some other thing. It's like a Mcdonalds ketchup cinnamony note... who knows

NicheMaster29

It's as good as they say folks...just don't get oud noir as a cheap alternative as it smells nothing alike. This is great, oud woody fresh manly smell that lasts and lasts.. The oud is a bit medicinal but it's ok here, it just works

pilpintu81
pilpintu81

Since time ago I wanted to try some Oud fragrance, since in my country its very difficult to find. Finally, I found this and I immediately fell in love. It's a very bit masculine but I like his strength. It is a fragrance that never smell the same way, it changes every minute and that is what I like the most. It always surprise me :)

19greg85
19greg85

The best Tom Ford has to offer.! no other oud/wood scent even comes close to the clean smell this one puts off, and its a beast, projects like no other,a big head turner.! The compliments just keep coming, fact other then Irish Tweed iv never wore a scent that gained as much attention as this Oud scent, highly recommend trying it, you wont be unsatisfied.! Looking forward to trying some of the other Ford scents.

Awesome 10/10

aschiffm
aschiffm

mysterious and masculine, warm, sexy, inviting, mushroomy earthiness. muddy sweaty yet sophisticated. not too loud. hot!!

Alive
Alive

What can I say, another masterpiece from Tom Ford's private blend! One of the most safe to blind buy IMO.

Oud and vanilla are the main notes during the life of the scent. It is very warm, luxurious, sexy, confident, alluring... When wearing it you kind of project an aura of power and confidence. People around you will notice that you're for sure wearing something above 300 dollars. One of the best perfumes I've smelled in my short life.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

Bought this fragrance on the spot because it was love at first sniff. I'm not a massive fan of oud fragrance as they mainly have this kind of dirty scent to them on my skin. Oud Wood is a different thing altogether. It is very rich and well blended. The wood notes are strong and the sandalwood and vanilla really stand out on my skin. It is definitely a unisex fragrance and very sexy indeed. I even bought the matching beard oil too. This fragrance has definitely become one of my favourites and will remain there.

evan.deans
evan.deans

This was my first venture into Oud territory. Based on other Oud fragrances I have sampled, I would say that this is not really a very Oud-y fragrance. As far as the TF line goes, I haven't been able to get into much apart from this, Bois Marocain and Italian Cypress.

That said, this is probably my favorite in my collection by a mile. I purchased a decant at a very reasonable price, but would certainly buy a full bottle again without hesitation. The price is a little high, so I hope I find something that feels similar to my nose for a little less money.

The smell is divine. I don't have a lot of frags that I would say smell "expensive", but this one does for sure. It took me a while to get used to the medicinal opening, I think this is the Oud, but I now look forward to it. I don't really have words to describe this one, aside from being warm and a spicy.

I find the longevity to be fine, but a little inconsistent. Some days it's gone in 4-6 hours, other days I can smell it lightly on my skin in the morning. Sillage is not tremendous, but it definitely gets noticed for the first few hours. I occasionally like to layer it with Bois Marocain to temper the sweet and spicy with some very dry woods.

VILFI
VILFI

Tried this just to see if it smelled like M7-which is magnificent.

It didn't at the initial blast, my M7 is sweeter and feels deeper and much more complex. This is damp, light and airy and more plain, sharper where the M7 is round.

I have to test both side by side for further evaluation.

NicheMaster29

This is a TF private label Fragrance , the private line seems to be a little more difficult to wear however this one is just magnificent it is such a gentleman scent with a woody freshness and I've noticed it seems to turn some heads this is a perfect time of the year to wear this fragrance as well as I believe it does best in cool to cold weather But the oud a little medicinal which isnt a horrible thing I mean it's not like a wet Band-Aid or anything but that accent is there
Scent 9/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Projection 7/10
Overall 8.5/10 and I highly reccomend this if you want something that not everybody is going to be wearing and if you enjoy fresh but woodsy scents

I don't agree with the four fragrances above that people say this reminds them of and I also don't really agree with the price point on this fragrance but if you can find it for a good price on the graymarket go for

iritis
iritis

The smell and basenotes are stunning but its longevity and sillage are so poor. Such a pitty since it's one of the nicest TF scents.

Auminded
Auminded

Quite Frankly This Is A Keeper!

Okay, we are officially past the point of Oud fragrances being unique. Over the past year it has gone from being desired by the select few to being one of the most highly sought after notes.

That being said I must say that I quite enjoy it, but its a little weak for a parfum. I am someone who projects everything, so I can say that this is awesome for the first three hours. After that you can still smell it, but it is very close to the skin.

The opening of Oud, Rosewood and Sandalwood is perfect. It is not overly powerful and stays with you like an obedient dog on a leash. I can find no fault in the scent. I really cant, it is versatile which is why not many people can categorize it to a season. You could wear it in the office or even on a night out without any problem. Though for the price I expect a little more. Maybe I am asking too much.

Overall Fragrance: 10/10
Longevity:7/10
Silage: 7/10

Thanks For Reading,
-Auminded

Ky1227
Ky1227

I am still new to the Tom Ford fragrances and have not tried too many of them, but this one is my favorite thus far. I feel that most of their selection would be great on a woman, but this one is very masculine to me. It reminds me of a crisp October/November day in my home state of Missouri. The oud wood and sandalwood are the notes that really stick out to me but throughout the day I will get sharp whiffs of spices, every so slightly sweetened by a touch of vanilla. Best for fall and winter but could certainly work on a summer evening, maybe a bonfire on the beach or at a lake house in the woods somewhere. Sillage and projection is nothing extraordinary on my skin, but does wonders if someone is sitting very close to you. It makes you smell like an educated man who knows what he's doing. I only have a sample of it now but will 100% be purchasing a bottle in the near future.

Presentation: 9/10
Uniqueness: 10/10
Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 8.5/10
Scent: 9.5/10
Overall: 9/10

walking44
walking44

I like it. Smells like sour wood. At times it reminds me of hot chocolate.

davidc
davidc

I'd already purchased Black Orchid and an Oud Wood body deo from Tom Ford. Both had EXCELLENT longevity!! Found myself sniffing my armpits 8 hours later and they still smelled great. The TF smell was ever present. Guess at £45 you'd hope for good deo.
So decided to go for an Oud Wood EDP "sample". It smells great, but there's one BIG problem - longevity...lasts 2 hours if I'm lucky. Others can comment on the ingredients and the basenotes, but for me that's pitiful. Glad I didn't drop down all of the notes for a full bottle!!!

scentser
scentser

I love this fragrance. It's rooted in earth but also buoyant enough to be more than moderately fresh and obviously woody. I believe the light sillage suits the character of this fragrance. I would really enjoy it if the longevity was better though. Overall I have to recommend it.

PAK
PAK

A terrific scent, very easy to wear. Has a very soft opening but make no mistake this is a very masculine fragrance (MHO). Best way to describe this beautiful composition is to say its slightly smoky, spicy with a lovely (non sweet) vanilla dry down. Try it, I think you'll like it...

RIV
RIV

From a male point of view this fragrance is awesome. Sillage is ok, a few people notice it, but not as many as TV or TL.

I find myself constantly sniffing at myself, thinking wow, thats awesome, especially on a winters day, on your coat or scarf. Amazing.

For a lady, I would probably only recommend this during the very cold winter periods. In summer i think it may be a bit nauseating, a bit too woody and come across as if you are wearing your husband/boyfriends perfume. Which is fine!

I probably would like it a touch stronger, however, the fact that it is so refined, you can smell the quality is awesome. Its also much better than any other in the OUD line.

Guys out there that are not keen on the price, buy YSL M7 Oud Absolu, it will satisfy your woody requests and in an awesome bottle.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I managed to spray a few squirts of this Tom Ford Oud Wood on my arm while I was browsing the duty free, so this is just my first impression.. I was quite shocked at how this fragrance smelled.. I was expecting something gentle or subtle as others have mentioned but I was completely overpowered! Tom Ford's Oud Wood did not smell very pleasant nor did it even really smell much like any other Oud I have smelled before.. The only thing I could compare this scent to is something rotting.. Not like rotting wood but more like a rotting corpse.. I am not going to say that this is a horrible fragrance but it may take a lot of getting use to.. I am shocked at the comparisons to Versace Oud Noir, because I see absolutely no similarity.. Oud Noir is sweet, soft, and somewhat tame while Oud Wood is strong, loud, and just straight up dirty! Tom Ford's Oud Wood is a very odd fragrance, I will have to try it again sometime and see if I get anything different out of it..

Little Prince
Little Prince

Ford’s fragrances carry the personality of their artistic creator; they are provocative, in-your-face compositions with loud presence and top quality materials. Despite that most of them aren't equally grand as compositions and I get tired of them rather fast. Oud is a rather raw and powerful material, extremely multifaceted and hard to tame. I was expecting Oud Wood to be just another oud tour-de-force with all the known patterns. Since this is a Tom Ford I anticipated a rather flamboyant display, Oud-Ford together seemed like force majeure especially since Ford was behind M7.
However Oud Wood was a very pleasant and delightful surprise. This is the gentlest and most understated of the Tom Ford’s I have tried. Here Ford goes for a calmer, more solitary way emphasizing the nobility of the materials rather than their rough nature. The fragrance is made with pale colors and mild shades of light green and golden brown paired together. Perhaps this will work as a negative issue for people looking for less refinement and more ferocity in their ouds.
The opening eases the ambitions and gives an impression of something very familiar and cozy. It is fresh, woody and spicy with a bright rosewood and pepper presence. The oud lends a darker more medicinal vibe but nothing “nuclear” as in other (e.g. Montale) renditions. The heart is the most fascinating and congenial part of the fragrance where a vetiver-sandalwood aggroup to create a soapy, earthy freshness with a soft, slightly creamy, sweet woodiness. The sweet effect is further complimented by some tonka bean and an ambery-vanillic drydown.
The fragrance doesn’t project or last that much making it very suitable for less flashy and more discreet occasions. This and the fact that it wears like a friendly aromatic woody masculine (vetiver), slightly green with an unmistakable masculine character (I personally consider it the most masculine of the Private Blend with the exception of Italian Cypress) make it a rather casual wearer. Frankly, this fragrance reminds me of people who although loud and hyperkinetic when socializing you happen to bump on them at some rather paradoxical times (Sunday early morning) engaging in introspective, quiet activities.
A charming surprise and an excellent collected work from Ford.

anniebanannie
anniebanannie

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

A damn lot I say! Wow, so this is what it smells like in the big leagues, eh? I was given this by a man of apparently, very good tastes. He reads a lot and has a need for very strong coffee. One day he arrived at my local coffee bar. He smelled like a lumberjack who smoked and was handsome to boot. He joined our bookclub and from then on, we've become good friends. Apparently he got tired of me asking him what he wears because this was at my nook a few days ago.

It smells strange, woody, exotic. Debonair and sexy. Like an old school gentleman. You're gonna hate me, but it smells like an expensive mushroom to me. I like it...it's my first experience with oud, so pardon me if I can't quite digest it so to say. Do color this pauper impressed. My mind says so so, and so does my nose. It smells very nice but not as impressive as it does on my friend.

tr_bg
tr_bg

Reviews of this fragrance are such a joke, smells like "sweat", you wsh sweat smelled like that. Easily top 10 fragrances ever created, sexy, women love it! Full bottle worthy, or at least 50 ml, haha.

ryn83
ryn83

Even though I never had smelled it before, Oud wood had been living its own life in my mind for the last couple of months. And finally. At the first spray I was a bit disappointed. It smelled so traditional. Had I been reading so many cheerful reviews for just this?! I guess my expectations had been too high. But nevertheless, I bought the 50 ml bottle.

First evening out, still a bit disappointed although many people complimented on the scent. This is not very common where I live.

A week later I love it. A scent is always hard to describe, but there's something unusual messing with traditional vetiver/wood-thing going on. I think it's the cardamom and amber.

Normally I fall deeply in love with perfumes from day one. And week by week, the relationship tends to cool off. With Oud wood, it's the exact opposite.

Too bad it wears off after 4-5 hours.

Try it!

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

This is quite nice. There is more Cardamom/Sandlewood/Rosewood here than anything else; I can smell a bit of vanilla but it's not very sweet. For and Oud scent this is not very Oudy. This is definitely quality juice however, and bottle worthy.

Top 15 Tom Ford

JB007
JB007

So much more than just Oud

Oud
Moss
Wood
Saffron
Cardamom
Smoke
Vetiver

It smells very masculine, but a woman could wear this too. Sophisticated, old school, and Oriental, without being cliche or offensive. Layers easily with other fragrances to add depth. Very sophisticated and modern. Mixes well with Tuscan Leather, Tobacco Vanille, and others. Definitely an essential if you are a Tom Ford fragrance collector.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

I get a beautiful clean vetiver/oud accord here.
Something like Grey vetiver with a hint of oud.
The whole thing is well blended, comforting and smooth, maybe too much, too clean.

And what about the price ? Crazy.

I could pay this amount of money for something risky, new, and with longevity and sillage.
Not for this polished, clean, faint frag. It could be priced like Grey Vetiver, at least. Not higher.

Mr.CC
Mr.CC

Living in the MENA (Middle East North Africa) Region I found TFPB Oud Wood to be one of my favorites Day/Summer Scent. I've read reviews regarding it's poor longevity but that is not the case ( at least on my skin ) I can get sniff from it, even the day after. The fragrance wears close to your skin and you just go nose blind after 2 hours...but if you walk out under the Emirate sun or moon with the high temperatures... you will smell a clean,creamy,calm,cool, collected and refine Oud scent which is not offensive to others are most of the Ouds out there, which are consider mostly in fragrantica as Fall/Winter scents, yet they are the cultural scent of the Middle East...All year around, even at 140 degrees.

Oud per se is an acquired taste it took me over 3 years to like it. Now, it's the main ingredient I look for in fragrances, if I consider to make any buy blinds.

the_badger

@secamel I am not sure if this is safe for office, smells like raunchy sex to me, thanks to the vanilla. If you are with your significant other, this will drive her mad(in a good way).

Still, it is a very clean, sanitized, sterilized type of oud when compared to the raw Indian or Mideastern offerings. For oud lovers, look elsewhere, this will not satisfy your quench.

Pare159
Pare159

Reformed. New one is a watered down version of original. Eh bring the original back.

jays786

Very disappointed very poor longevity will never buy any fragrances from this house again... he just wants your money nothing else.

Kanishk
Kanishk

it makes u sniff ur wrist again for the wonderful smell it .... Best perfume ever all concerns best perfume simply divine

@secamel
Haha!
That was pure gold!
You are awesome!
And I agree....TF Oud Wood is seriously that good!:)

secamel
secamel

I understand if you don't like Tom Ford. Elitist companies are a little bit gross in a world where most people are poor. But this is a fragrance forum. And this is a good fragrance. Perfect for the office or for any occasion where smelling nice is a good thing. If you buy this for me I will be your new boyfriend. Unless my girlfriend says I can’t sell myself for a perfume. She’s mean.

matty64
matty64

The shower gel of this scent is amazing!

cmbudgerigar
cmbudgerigar

On my female skin, this is medicinal at the outset and strikes me more of having a complete lack of femininity rather than an overt masculinity. I can imagine a pretty young man with dewy, flushed skin feeding fresh cedar into a wood chipper. I don't have any experience with oud, but this doesn't have the stink that most people who describe oud attribute to it. Yet, it still has a pungency to it that reminds me of the thick scent of the cold, blueish-black forests of the Pacific Northwest and bitter hops. Over 4 hours, it gradually warms up and a creamier wood rises to the surface.

Like most others have reported, this scent has a remarkably short half-life! I was hoping that I'd be one of the few that report 8+ hours of wear, but this is all but gone after 5. I wish it would stick around longer on my skin, but I am enjoying the first few hours so much that I think I may keep it afterall. Although I was uncertain at first, I love it more and more on my female skin. It suits an oversized blazer, a good quality leather bucket bag, and slicked back hair. I imagine that it would layer beautifully over a creamier musk to give it some female sensuality.

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I have the original and the reform versions. The original is the brown bottle and the new is a 10 ml decant. I personally prefer the older stuff better. The new juice is okay but fresher than the old which is richer and sweeter. Longevity is better with the new version but the projection is about the same. I'm okay with that though. Oud Wood used to be such a seductive, alluring fragrance and the new version just kinda seems blah to me. To rate them both I would say

Original Formulation 9/10
Current Formulation 7/10

seekritdude
seekritdude

First of all, no idea if the decant that ive had is the reform or not.

Moving on, misleading name. Lots of wood, but very little oud to me. As a matter of fact this is potentially more offensive from the cumin stank than any oud imo. Strangely no cumin is listed but I smell something thats like it to me.

Although that being said I guess where oud wood "succeeds" would be that although this fragrance is a little dirty smelling, its also surprisingly fresh and clean smelling as well.

For me basically at the beginning I get a sorta freshly waxed brand new wooden floor kinda smell. Or like some brand new wooden furniture that has just been cleaned. But with some herbal kick, and slight bit of cumin stank in there.

As the fragrance goes on the sweetness in the becomes a little more rich and thick from the vanilla, sandlewood etc, and the sharpness from the sorta wood cleaner cleaning agent smell dies down.

And finally at the end you get a very sorta almost surgery sweet vetiver that is slightly woody. It smells almost exactly like something else that escapes me.

Performance wise well... at first its pretty strong, but man it dies down very fast, and you get very close to the skin, skin scent. Longevity is decent for what its worth. But projection is non existence for a large portion of the fragrance.

Again surprisingly fresh, and little oud. But lots of wood, sandlewood, brazilian rose wood etc. Maybe think of it something like if you were to be taking a shower in a brand new... wooden.. shower? That has been freshly waxed. And in the background you have some sorta slight herbal candle. With some sweets in the background.

Kinda inbetween meh to ok to me. Although for what its worth, I have had girls tell me they like this. So a decent compliment getter actually. If they can smell you.

shravanevana
shravanevana

Oud and woods done right...hands down! It will proudly remain in my Fragrance Hall of Fame!

Natalie Carter
Natalie Carter

I'm feeling a bit insecure when I am reviewing Oud Wood because there are a lot of fragrance experts with their poetic and great reviews here. But I got a 100ml bottle, and I have the right to review it right? Anyways, here's my comment about it-

First things first, lets say how I first experienced it. My boyfriend was sweet enough to send me a little miniature of the fragrance (this is his signature scent). He's amazing isn't it?

The first impression of Oud Wood- I heard that oud is one of the most expensive perfume notes, and referred to as 'liquid gold'. As far as I am concerned, oud smells like rubber, its medicinal, woody, balsamic, Oriental and has many other facets (which I get all these accords in Oud Wood)

The notes of Oud Wood are all base notes and it starts straight away with a swift blast of oud. The notes seem to mix each other all up (maybe because they're all base notes?) but here are the most dominant notes for me - Oud (of course) stays throughout the composition. Then there is this rose-smelling accord (which must be the rosewood) which always gets the oud's back the whole time. The cardamom and Chinese pepper accords give a fresh and warm spicy tint and spices the component. The sandalwood and amber give it a cozy sweet Oriental warmth. The vetiver and tonka bean add to the woody-oriental composition and add aromatic nuances. At the very end of the life of the scent, oud still dominates but the gourmand vanilla and tonka bean drydown, and it gives a sweet ending of the scent, and I love this part the most.

The overall impression of the scent is that it is very unisex but personally I think it leans more on the masculine side. I can clearly see that it is unisex but it is a little too masculine for me to pull of, although I will wear it frequently and maybe then I will get its 'unisexual' (???) properties. We need to 'grow old' with Tom Ford scents to truly love them. The bottle is classy Tom Ford style, its very minimalistic but very sophisticated and luxurious in my collection.

I really adore this scent, it's a very complimented perfume whenever I wear it, and they say I smell exactly like my boyfriend because we both have it and also love it. Both sexes always compliment me and the same thing happens to my bf too.

Oud Wood is what I would call an Oud skin scent. It is very Middle Eastern (don't trust me too much in that because I have quite a less experience on Middle Eastern perfumes). I really like the idea of an inoffensive Oud scent for the Western taste. The longevity does not satisfy me either (approx. 5 hours and a skin scent for several hours before it completely disappears) and a moderate sillage power. The potentiality of the scent is a bit poor for a Tom Ford scent but it is still worth the price for me. The only problem is that the scent is a little too masculine for my taste but I really wish I could pull it off. I would really appreciate it if you could help me by informing me with a scent so that I can layer it with this so that it becomes more unique and feminine. But it is just how wanted an oud scent to be for me because real Middle Eastern scents can be too much for me although they are the best quality scents with no doubt . Nonetheless, its an easy 9/10 for me and definitely worth keeping and the huge price honestly. Thumbs up if yoy agree.

sardauna
sardauna

An expensive perfume, the hype is too much. Oud wood isn't what I expected it to be. The scent is good but the longetivity is poor. Oud wood doesn't project well.

the_badger

@Alon, do you mind sharing that bit for us the san-culottes that cannot afford the real thing?

Alon
Alon

This is a really good one. Woody dry (but sweet).
Very dominant and noticeable in a pleasant way.
I think it is only a for cool season.
After few hours only the amber and especially the tunka bean are left. It is nice at first couple of times, but after a while it is too sweet.
Very expensive
Founf a imitation that cost 9$ and smells exactly the same (and lasts longer): I guess high prices lead to good imitations

My suggestion: it makes a RALLY GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION, BUT IT IS BETTER TO TRY IT ON SEVERAL TIMES BEFORE YOU BUY SUCH A DOMINANT SCENT

surfbeachpunk
surfbeachpunk

Has anyone else noticed the difference between the old vintage version of Tom For Oud wood and the new bottles with the Black Labels ! I find the older version is not as strong and doesn't project as much but its blended much bettter,its sweeter and has a much richer scent than the new version. According to Tom Ford people there is no difference but if you smell the new version its more peppery and fresh smelling and different from the old gold label "vintage" version of the Tom Ford Oud Wood. There are similarities but there is a difference . Now both are great fragarances but there is a difference. I prefer both actually but if you like the old version with the gold labeled bottles you should stock up because those will be gone when the supply at the stores end.

mrs2241
mrs2241

یادش بخیر..وقتی گیرم اومد تا میزدم یاد جنگ زده ها و بتادین میافتادم !! البته نمیدونم دلیش چی بود!!

ReneesAnatomy
ReneesAnatomy

I got a sample of this fragrance with a recent Nordstrom order, and I've been loving it!

This is definitely an oud fragrance, so folks who are not a fan should take a pass. The oud here is very warm and somewhat spicy; I wouldn't call it heavy so much as cloudy and textured. The woodsy notes remind me a little of this old cedar chest my family used to have, and they add even more texture and warmth to this scent.

After a few hours, this smell becomes sweeter. Vanilla is a note that tends to push forward on my skin, and you can definitely smell it here. It's not a dessert vanilla like Tobacco Vanille, though; it's a boozier vanilla, like in Memoirs of a Trespasser by Imaginary Authors. As the scent dries down, the sandalwood becomes more prominent and makes the entire composition smell softer.

Like many Tom Ford fragrances, Oud Wood has moderate to heavy projection and lasts for 12 hours with just one spray. I've actually showered, applied lotion, and gone to bed, and still been able to smell this on my wrists.

Overall, Oud Wood is a mysterious, sensual scent that intrigues me every time I spray it. I think this might be a *bit* too thick for warm weather, but you could get away with it on cool summer nights. Personally, I like it for spring and fall. It adds a touch of film noir mystery to rainy days!

JEDI 2.0

My first time wearing any type of oud, and I am extremely impressed and satisfied.

This is a very masculine scent, very clean but with a warmth to it that smells earthy and refined. I don't smell smokiness in it, per se, but maybe the smell of charred wood that's become wet by rain. There's a sort of Earl grey tea feel to it, which i quite enjoy.

Longevity is good. The scent, for me, seems consistently the same from the time you spray it on until well after dry down. Sillage seems fairly low to me; the lovely aroma stays right with you.

Great scent. I'm glad I tried it, but might not buy it due to price, and I enjoy Tobacco Vanille much more. 9/10 for me.

cl600599
cl600599

if you have the money to buy it------then BUY IT!!!!

i did not buy it because its too expensive but truly one of my favorite colognes

a well balanced OUD scent, i have smelled different OUD scents and they are overpowering--- this is a balanced blend

a classic scent

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

a very nice fragrance. so elegant. a must have. but so overly priced.

sekoujohnson
sekoujohnson

The Millesime Imperial of the Tom Ford Private Line. It's a great dark scent but doesn't have the longevity or sillage to warrant the price of admission. I've heard that this scent was once a beast, but later got neutered by a reformulation. It's really a shame because Oud Wood is a very solid smelling cologne.

Jury
Jury

This is an amazing wood oud I personally like it. I can't say enough nice things about the scent... but I did find some flaws.

Sadly, it doesn't project well.

Secondly it doesn't have a good lasting power, two hours max.

Finally, the price is crazy considering you are buying a weak fragrances with no longevity and projection.

Now i have to confess that i did get a complement, but it was just one.

Marks..

Sillage: 4/10

Jury Verdict: 6.5/10

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

I have 4 fragrances (including a 4 ml sample of this I got for free) that claim to have oud in them, and I still have no idea what oud smells like. However, if the spicy b.o. stench I get from this overpriced crap is what oud smells like, then I'm glad I can't smell it in the others. Honestly, why would anyone pay so much for this? Have some respect for yourselves and those around you.

Me.Teejay
Me.Teejay

Oud Wood - Subtle Masterpiece

Will be straight to the point- I love this gem of a creation!
Creamy, delicious (non gourmand-ic way) woody oud, it is no surprise why this is one of Ford's bestsellers. I'm sure the moment they smelled it for the first time, huge piles of cash must have flashed before their eyes, knowing the quality of the scent along with the TF name associated with it :)

This is imo, one of the most refined and elegant oud based scents, without having any of the skank or darkness of other oud scents. Mr Ford just does it perfect with this one, a beautiful rendition of the wood, different from what countless others have started releasing.

It felt like a milky, exotic wood with a silky finish to it. It doesn't feel thick, as it maintains an airiness about it.. like a transparent veil around you, always there yet doesn't obscure vision.
There is a certain "yummy" vibe to it, which is what I think is due to the combination of vanilla and sandalwood.. a non gourmandish way of being yummy.

In terms of color, I personally imagine a beige/faint walnut brown shade when I smell Oud Wood.

Performance wise, this sits close to skin and maintains a small scent bubble throughout, and lasts for quite a while (8 Hours).

Brilliant scent, with medium-good performance, this one stays in my favorites-list.

GMK
GMK

Excellent Fragrance, though I did not like it on initial application, seemed another boring woody / Oudy composition but after a few wearings it becomes the most favourite Tom Ford replacing TF Extreme.

Dont Know about others but I do get a similar vibe with Amouage Dia in the far drydown. Lovely blending and quality material probably from Givaudan.

To all those(like me) who don't like Oud in its full , I would recommend to give it a try. Its not merely Oud , its a Cardamom and Rosewood delight.

SNOOPY
SNOOPY

I finally found something i like more than Creed's Green Irish Tweed.
Love at first sniff!
I did not know it could get this good.
Only scent in my collection remotely this rich is Opium.
It is actually a little bit soapy.

Oudy
Oudy

Great smell. Beautiful really. I just can't get over the fact that on my skin, and apparently a lot of others skin as well, it just disappears. For the amount of money this costs I would expect a much richer and longer experience. There are many "ouds" out there that smell as good or better and last a lot longer. This is a delicious scent though. I had it in my collection and used it all up a few weeks ago. I don't miss it enough to buy another.

Scent 8/10
Projection 5/10
Fortitude 3/10

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Overall: 7/10
Here's Why:
Scent: A++
Longevity: D-
What a lovely fragrance indeed. If only it lasted. The 7/10 is a reflection of the quality of smell, based solely on Sillage & Longevity - definite 3/10. I have most every fragrance from TF, purchased from Neiman Marcus. This just doesn't last. I spray 8-10 sprays in the morning and its gone by afternoon. Sad.
Piney, Cedary, Sweet & musky. Heaven. if only Heaven could stick around a little longer.

@VegasPauli

How can it be "bravo" when people spend $300 + on a fragrance that only lasts 2 hours ?

In no way is this BRAVO it's BS.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

Yeah it's super expensive and yeah it only lasts a few hours, but man, it's two hours of sheer heaven, the most beautiful and interesting scent in the world. Im reading the 9 listed ingredients and only two of them seem to describe what Oud Wood smells like. First off is very sweet, but in such an unusual way. It's almost syrupy and medicinal. A touch of oud and vetiver pulls in the sweetness before it takes over. Its more powdery than spicy and the heavy natural wood base is what the fragrance is primarily about here. Im shocked there is no patchouli or oakmoss listed as I swear I sense them in this. Serious perfume experts may hate me for saying this, but I get a little Grey Flannel sweet woodiness in Oud Wood. They are miles apart but maybe long distant cousins with more than a few shared genes. Anyway, a great great fragrance that will become a classic and be around of years to come. I plucked down the price for a bottle and never regretted it for a second. Bravo, Mr. Ford, Bravo.

tatonnement
tatonnement

I don't care if this smells like spicy sweat to some, I don't care if I offend others on public transportation with the balmy scent of oud radiating off me like a sensual steam, I don't care if this scent only lasts a maximum of 2 hours and costs over $200 ---- it is absolutely a dream (FOR ME!). I've been searching for years for the perfect "woodsy" scent, going from pure oakmoss and patchouli oils to various hand-made niche productions to random herb blending but then a sample of oud wood landed in my lap and I was hooked. To me, oud wood is deeply inviting and warm. It has a seductive pull on my senses, I feel like I'd lose it if a man I found tempting was wearing this around me. Tom Ford clearly understands the senses, for scent is more then just a smell, it's an experience, a memory, a journey. Oud wood is velvet woods - creamy, smooth, rich with a unyielding depth pushing me downwards into a carnal state. It finishes off with a lingering smoke that remains for a while and then vanishes, as if you were ravaged by something chthonic and then returned to the surface to sober up. A mesmerizing experience.

Colin Maillard
Colin Maillard

Oud Wood is more about woods than oud; it opens with a balsamic, somehow cold and almost “piney” blast of aromatic wood, supported by a quite realistic almondy tonka note, vanilla and just a shade of oud. The wood here is really invigorating, fresh, much aromatic too, in a way I almost never smelled it before. Plus, the texture is really peculiar in my opinion: Oud Wood is not as much sweet or “rich” as it may seem, on the contrary it appears to be really sharp, clean, thin, “woody” in a realistic, but slightly “industrial” meaning, if that makes sense (think of Ikea furniture). The name as I said is a bit misleading to me, as the oud is far less detectable than the wood; and also it has the same features of the oud in M7, which means it’s not the usual dark-rubbery-smoked and “animalic” note we’re used to, but here is rather more oily, nutty, slightly medicinal, and more “bright” than you may imagine. It is a bit smoky, but in a far more gentle way than usual. Overall Oud Wood is a really pleasant, versatile, masculine and easy going scent: it is classy, but at the same time “generic” enough to be safe for anyone in any situation. Actually perhaps one of the most generic and less creative among the Private Blend line for what I’ve tested so far – I don’t mean to say that with a negative connotation. Finally, I must agree with what several other reviewers stated: it is quite close to skin and the longevity on skin is really unacceptable for the price, while on clothes it lasts longer and projects quite well. A nice fresh and refined Oriental woody scent unworthy the cost in my opinion, but a nice one I’d keep and use if someone gave it to me as a gift.

6,5-7/10

Bodda89

Guys there is something i noticed with this fragrance after 2 years of testing this fragrance performs very well but in really cold weather weather

Javy_Medz
Javy_Medz

If you put anise seeds, milk, band aids, vanilla and wood shavings into a bowl and let it sit.. this is exactly what you would get.

I've gotten bad remarks one night because of the oud. A friend said i smelled like sweat, spices and cologne as we left a restaurant. We later went to see Interstellar (incredible movie) and the person sitting next to me somewhat covered his face because of my fragrance.

Oh well... still enjoy it myself. Definitely not a crowd pleaser.

Longevity is 6-7 hours. Projection is about 9 inches from the sprayed area and lasts about 2-3 hours.

Jomoves
Jomoves

Rich complex and well blended, it smells like a smoked piece of timber thats been covered in sweat and whisky, then wrapped in the seude jacket that was worn by John Voight in Midnight Cowboy before being tucked into a bed that Rudolph Valentino had fucked in the night before.

Smelly old man
Smelly old man

Along with tobacco vanille , this is a classic scent but please Tom I need longevity lucky if I got two hours out of it need to reapply continually , still I will hold on to this as the two hours are worth it

jays786

Best smelling fragrance after sampling 1000+ BUT... it has big problems with longevity 2 hours maximum and that's it completely disappeared such a shame...and i bought the latest version 2014 i returned it back to the shop wouldn't buy tom ford fragrance in the future don't like fragrances that don't last just a waste of money.

gray09
gray09

Love this stuff, I get tons of compliments wearing Oud Wood...
I like to mix it with a little bit of real oud oil to make it a little less sweet and more pungent.

I can't wait to get my hands on the newly released beard oil!!!

Bodda89

this would have been the fragrance of the century only if it projected decently

zaetown
zaetown

Wow...wore this for rhe first time recently and I was mesmerized by the sensuality of the oud and its overall composition. Kinda fresh and warm at the same time easy to wear, wud make a great signiture scent and most of all I was impressed by its performance. It projected really good for about 6hrs and then wore closer to the skin but still others will pick up on its silage.

Lana148
Lana148

Really well done woody-spicy fragrance. Of course with oud being the star in it. Great quality, but it is more masculine the feminine to me.

Ferrogamo2015
Ferrogamo2015

Great fragrance from Tom ford oud wood
Scent 9/10
Longevity 7.5/10
Projection 7/10
Overall 8/10

AngelEuphoria

This one is a favorite! Does anyone find it a bit similar to YSL's Opium? Oud Wood is much more of a modern fragrance than Opium, though. Unisex? Guess it could be, but my husband doesn't think so. It's a wonderful, sexy, woodsy fragrance that's perfect to wear under Fall and Winter layers. It's less of an evening fragrance than Tom F.'s Black Orchid (which I also love). Perfect for days on weekends, and evenings out. Not really for the office. I put this in the same class with Euphoria, Donna Karan Black Cashmere, Black Orchid, Samsara and Opium.

LaCucaracha
LaCucaracha

The big problem with this one is the longevity and sillage which is horrible for this type of Woody-spicy fragrance. Projects for maybe 1h and then stays veeeery close to the skin for about 5h maximum. 230$ for this is a joke.
The scent it self is really nice and smooth but the performance is ruining it all.
Tom Ford, give me my money back ok?

brynandoskarsmam
brynandoskarsmam

I like this fragrance very much although I'm generally a floriental kind of girl. It's musky, woody and damn sexy and it makes me feel just a little bit naughty. Having said that, it also has a comforting quality to it. Yes, I like it very muchly.

genvy
genvy

This is a guilty pleasure of mine because I actually really like it, and yeah you get the "smells like sex" comments when you wear it, and it lasts all that stuff. If what you look for in a perfume is beastmode sillage and longevity and number of panties dropped, this is a great choice. But if you're looking for a perfume that actually has even a slightly detectable amount of any synthetic oud in it, skip this one.

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

I have this fragrance about 2 months and I'm experienced with this a lot.When you first spray this you will get that spicy oud with that woody rosewood.Spices are definelty cardamom and sweet pepper notes.I smelled so many spicy half-spicy fragrances and I can easily say that spices used in here are masterfully well blended It is unbeliveable how good they made this blend.But spices die down in a hour and all you'll have is a woody slightly spicy sweet vanille tonka bean combined with that slightly medicinal oud.
Scent : 9.5/10
Longevity Projection Sillage : 6/10 It does not project after 1 hour
Overall : I dont really care about projection part in a fragrance I more care about the blend itself so Im gonna give this one 9.5/10 It is an unique spicy oud smell

jays786

Tom ford Oud wood is a beautiful fragrance but I'm very disappointed with the longevity of this edp fragrance 3 hours max and that's it lots and lots of alcohol very less perfume DONT BUY OUD WOOD BE WARNED.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

So here's the thing,
Since wearing it this morning I have had some wonderful complements from random people about which perfume I'm wearing. This is something which I rarely have.
I have been wearing this fragrance for hours now and it's still going strong.
This is a magnificent, slightly masculine, fresh, utterly addictive and high quality oud scent.
I love oud in a fragrance, it makes the scent very airy and almost medicinal which appeals to me.
Although I love my powerhouse perfumes, there are some days where only oud will do and this perfume is perfect for those days.
This is a true Chypre to my nose, lots of moss, wood and spices but make no mistake that this is a high quality, high end fragrance. Do I think it's worth £300 a bottle? Well yes, if that's what rocks your boat. Here in the perfume world everything is subjective and I truly believe that one man's meat is another man's poison.
To conclude, this is a ravishingly beautiful oud perfume which has moderate silage and on me, pretty good longevity. I love it! Yes it's expensive but I've smelled perfumes in similar price brackets which have been more meh than wow!!

kieuoanh
kieuoanh

OMG!!!Iam so so crazy about it. I've tried so hard not to over spray it on me..but i cannot resist. Cover blanket over and keep sniffing on my arms...is it weird ;))))......

widescope

holy crap man, i just bought the new reformulation of this. I didn,t like it last year but with the new reformulation, waaay better. It,s almost as powerfull as tobacco vanille. A bomb, very good projection and longetive..

Ajay83
Ajay83

This fragrance has been reformulated. The original formulation was a joke in terms of longevity and projection, the new formulation is wonderful on my skin so for people complaining make sure to try the reformulated version. But I hear some still have issues but it works much better for me.

prodigy
prodigy

What sillage? What longevity? Is there people on the payroll here? Hop in the shower spray on oud wood and two to three hours later not a trace left. So stop lying.
Smells great but expect below average performance.

claytron
claytron

This fragrance smells so rich. Rich like cheesecake, and just like cheesecake, too mich will make u nauseous.
Like almost all other Tom Ford fragrances, this is a very potent perfume. This is something I quite enjoy. When I pay this much I want quality and this one hands it out in spades!
So many things are done just right. The vanilla and tonka are there but dont make it cloying. The woods are really abundant in this but don't make it too dry. The amber gives it a crisp sort of finish that really rounds it out. All of this works together but only if you don't over apply!! Too much and you will be swimming in a cloud 6 feet thick on all sides lol.
I love how manly and elegant this is. Seems that it may be one of those fragrances that men like alot more than women do though... Only saying that cause I don't get the compliments that Neroli Portafino or Tobacco Vanille get me and my guy friends are the only ones asking me about Oud Wood.
Easy to wear in all but the few hottest months of the year. I also reserve this one for more formal outings and generally at night.

Maxvonembs
Maxvonembs

Nearly ZERO sillage and very poor longevity. A wonderful scent that is exotic and quite pleasing. The oud effect is sweet but not sickening. I love it despite the pathetic performance. I would not however purchase another bottle. For the money I would expect much better performance. Now tuscan leather, that lasts 6 - 8 hours and it is very nice to layer with the oud wood. Ultimately though the oud vanishes under the tuscan cloud.

nayesha
nayesha

I purchased this for my bf ,he loves it and I adore ! By far the best fragrance ever made for men ! It is manly sexy and unforgettable ! The quality is high and longevity long lasting very long lasting ! It is rich well balanced !

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

Got a sample of this when I bought Black orchid at saks 5th ave.... I fell in love

I was so into black orchid I forgot I had a sample lol, I kept wondering what was that smell coming from my bag... So I wore OUD wood for a few days

Smokey woods and spices, definitely makes a statement I don't mind putting down the $300 .... Still have a lot of the sample which will last a long time due to the potency of the scent a few drops and you're a walking air freshener... So he gives out the best samples because you can get a lot of wears out if them.... Going to buy this, like Santal Blush too, and want to try Plum Japonais

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

very pour and rich sense of oud highly recommender for night

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

Oud is a particularly daunting note in fragrances – and this fragrance serves as a great introduction into the mysterious world of oud.

[I will be reviewing Oud Wood in the updated grey bottle. Whether or not this juice was reformulated is subject to speculation.]

Tom Ford, the purveyor of all things ‘sexy’, creates suits and ties that are known to be the paramount of luxury. Wide lapels, strong shoulders and shoes with an impressive heel are for men of power and men of opulent style. And unlike the playfulness of Hèrmes or Marc Jacobs (both fragrance and fashion-wise), Tom Ford is pure classical elegance and his fragrances reflect that without dubiousness. Tom Ford presents his own scent collection: The Private Blend.

Oud Wood, whilst marketed as a unisex fragrance, would probably sit best on a male. I envisage a man in a suit wearing this fragrance and in that respect, not just any suit, but a well-fitting suit.

This EdP is bold and mature, like a smokey liquor or a cognac and not a Midori or something sweet and childlike. In this instance the oud is blended perfectly with other ingredients, including (rose)wood, peppercorn and amber to provide an underlying smoke note.

Upfront you get the wonderfully smokey notes amongst the spice, but also this intriguing medicinal note. Whilst this is something of a paradigm in oud fragrances, I feel it is more herbal than synthetic; other than raspberry cough syrup notes which are sickly and frankly putrid; fetid, even.

The herbal note I am referring to may be due to the underlying vetiver in the composition that I profess reminds me of dried oregano. I state my incredulity because I have not read anything about an oregano note, but I swear I can smell it. It’s a notable hybrid of oregano and rosemary.

The opening is sweet yet smokey, dark yet inviting, and morishly warm; undeniably exotic thanks to the oud, rosewood and cardamon (amongst other things).

Gradually, ever so slowly, the heat and smoke of spices and woods subdues and the sweeter notes become upfront and apparent. Vanilla, sandalwood, tonka bean and honey. I detect striking similarities to YSL’s M7 Oud Absolu (which, was also conceived at the time of Tom Ford as creative director) with a mandarin/citrus note in the mix. The drydown becomes sweeter and new facets are discovered, however the valiant facet that is a dirty musk and smoke will always be present.

The oud lingers throughout the lifetime of wear, as does the vetiver. I love the idea of how a revered dark oud note coexists with the common ingredient of soapy vetiver (opposites attract, they say). I like to imagine that this fragrance is suitable for evenings in the forest or autumn grassy planes, but that would be silly, especially with such an exorbitant expected price tag.

Overall, the sillage is powerful, but not the most powerful in the private line range. The longevity of this baby will last a good 6 to 12 hours and that means less sprays and more money saved!

Tom Ford has done a magnificent job in adapting oud into a western market after it virtually not existing in any contemporary fragrances (move over Acqua di Gio- We want dark and dirty, not a watered down, ‘christmas light’ jollity of a fragrance!).

Seamlessly Mr. Ford provides a new fragrance profile for oud after it virtually being a synonymous, one sided smell, by working in tandem with the harshness of oud, not against it.

Sexy. Provocative. Voyeuristic? 4.5/5

sophywt
sophywt

It takes a long time for me to like this one, and among the serial oud scents from TF, it turns out to be the best one on my skin.

I thought Oud wood is a bit dim when I first sniffed it. Unlike other TF scents, which are often presented in a blow-into-your-face way, Oud Wood is much less loud or straightforward. The way it developes is a bit shy, vague but insistent, like the burning incense somewhere near you rather than a perfume.

Then a year ago, I met a antique furniture shop owner who collected precious wood materials including oudwood. In his shop, he showed me a piece of oudwood and burned it. The smell of burning wood suddenly remined me of TF's Oud Wood - the smell and the way it presents are so identical.

Later I tried other oud scents from TF line and other brands, they all got the typical oud characteristic smell but seldom resembles the real oud I smelled and often they smells a bit off on my skin, my skin chemistry's fault. Anyway, it makes Oud Wood really a stand out. I still don't like this one much, but now I know it's really a good one and worth a try.

Jack_Lumber

So, as requested, back to the reason we are here, a review.

I can never understand the comparisons between Oud Wood and the original formulation of Yves Saint Laurnent’s M7. Possibly it is because both have the Oud note featured, and  that M7 was released under the creative direction of Tom Ford for YSL.

I own both of the above fragrances and find them both strikingly beautiful, yet world’s apart in their presentation of Oud. I cannot honestly say that I could categorically define what true Oud actually smells like, but rather can only assume it is the smokey, somewhat bitter, and slightly medicinal quality that I assume it to possess. Whatever the case I seem to love fragrances containing this precious fume.

Tom Ford’s Oud Wood, for me, opens with a sharp and spicy burst of boozy warmth; crisp and dry, yet sweet, resinous and thick. The rosewood and cardamom are very present at this stage, and so to is the pepper which gives a heat to the spice and wood.

As the sharpness of the pepper and rosewood subsides, the journey takes a slow, meandering wander through a cool and wet forest. Smooth and sweet, yet miles away from cloying, sandalwood and vetiver blend beautifully with subtle vanilla and amber tones to create a perfect balance of fresh salty dampness and softly sweet warmth.

This calming walk lasts for several hours, with the opaque fog cloud of Oud's back of the tongue slightly medical bitterness looming low over the forest floor for the entirety of the journey.

As with many Tom Ford fragrances, I find that throughout the ride, I am constantly treated to a resurgence of the opening notes at sporadic and unpredictable stages across the span of a single wear.

Enchanting, calming, smooth and an incredible joy to experience, Tom Ford’s Oud Wood is a perfect 10 in my book.

joycka
joycka

Even if they ask 600$ a bottle, i gladly pay as well. People who talk about the private collection off TF as if it wore some kind off designer perfume, are not currently known what kind off ingredients TF uses for his fragrances. These are real divine ingredients who are picket very carefully and nothing synthetic what so ever. For example, If Tom Ford talks about Oudh, Oudh is what you get. If Tom Ford talks about vanilla, vanilla is what you get. If he talks about resins, he uses the real stuff and the list goes on. If you cant smell that, you better stick to you're Versace Pour Homme "Gokhanburak53" and stop denigrating and talking about things which you have no clue off. Like Javy_Medz already said, do you even know what natural ingredients are and what they cost? Oud wood is pure elegance so as all fragrances of Tom Ford and I am a real fan off every single fragrance that he makes.

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I love this fragrance. It is not the first Tom Ford I've tried and loved, but it's the first one I've really fallen head over heels for.

The opening is a lot more fresh than I expected---a bit like wet pine toothpicks at first (but not in a bad way!)...it softens and deepens into something spicy, rich, warm, and comforting very quickly.

Every time I've worn this I CANNOT stop smelling my wrist, and it has great sillage and longevity is 6+ hours from one spray.

Oud is my favorite note and it is definitely prominent in this, but in a very friendly, NOT HARSH way. I can smell the rosewood and vetiver, but the vetiver is also not as masculine as I'm used to, and that's a good thing. This is a soft unisex fragrance that wears well on either gender. Nothing sharp, harsh, or headache-inducing here, just a very well-blended gorgeous scent.

This is definitely full-price, full bottle worthy. I will make this one MINE someday, instead of just living off of the large decants and department store counter spritzes that have been the provider of my fix.

Yes, I'm addicted to this scent, and I don't mind admitting that.

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Tom Ford Oud wood was my first Private Blend and it is most refined Oud fragrance which will please Western Oud taste. It is not as harsh as YSL M7 ( Specially In opening) and Vanilla/Oud Combo is perfectly blended. Its is very Linear stays almost the same through out and Spice play a good role in the backgroud

It is quite versatile as you pull this of casually as well as in Party ( My Marriage Scent) It Projects very well and you keep getting whiff of it even after 6 Hour mark. If you have to try first Oud Frag or You don't like Oud as you find medicinal then I suggest you try Oud wood . It definitely Top 3 Private Blend in the market IMO 9/10

Lexxy
Lexxy

I definitely agree with the person below that said this is a "panty dropper" (so is Tuscan Leather) it's sexy and it smells expensive without being too much. What I mean by that is that sometimes "expensive" smelling fragrances can smell heavy or dated or just not sexy. Sillage and staying power is good which I would expect for the price. Although it smells masculine and manly to me I still enjoy wearing it. It smells leathery, woody, fresh, like quality and did I mention sexy? :)

sharmap14

i'm not sure what kind of drugs tom ford's been doing, but this fragrance has nothing do with oud or wood by a million light years... oud smells like cows and barnyard. this smells like cream and nuts and w.e else BUT oud. anyone looking for real OUD smell this is not it.

Jmg92
Jmg92

One of my favorite TF fragrances, this fragrance can be worn year round. 2 or 3 sprays though for hot days because it blows up in the heat. I do not necessarily agree with the people that call this scent a huge complement getter/panty dropper ect. It is not as acquired of a taste as tuscan leather, but this is still not a crowd pleasing safe fragrance. I layer it with tuscan, sometimes tobacco vanilla. The dry down is fantastic, so if you do not enjoy the opening, give it a chance. I think this scent is best used during warm days and nights, it can be a bit overbearing in the heat. Haven't really loved it in cool weather yet. Use it wisely and this stuff will perform well.

Sheks
Sheks

Absoulte luxury.... a great blend of oils.... the top note is a blend of spice and balsalm and then moves on to an aromatic oudy dry down. simply exquisite.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

A nice, non-sweet unisex frag, but I immediately think of Eau des Merveilles when I smell it. Since I already have that one, I can save myself a couple hundred bucks.

buds51
buds51

If there was one word to describe this fragrance it would be, sexy. This is a panty dropper without a doubt, so unique. It's hands down the smoothest scent i've ever smelled. Very appealing. I don't understand how anyone can dislike it. Starts off very woody and after a couple hours goes into a creamy slightly powderdy Vanilla, Tonka bean. This is my second favourite from the TF Private Blend line. (Tuscan Leather is first) The only drawback is the price.

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

I can see why some people don't like this. It is a sensual scent that is not for every one. The first time I tried it, it immediately reminded of my twenties.
Before I went back to Law school and traded in my Husqvarna 455 for a suit and tie, I was clear cutting views in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I would come home covered in sweat, wood chips, and the faint hint of chain saw exhaust. My girlfriend would squeal as I grabbed her in my sweaty arms. She would squirm a little as though she didn't like it and then she would bury her face in my chest and breathe me in.
Once the Oud Wood dried down it reminded me of my carefree twenties, of raw sawdust and sunshine. The smell is not for everyone. You have to be a certain type of person to pull this off, and you have to do it with confidence. The only draw back is that this stuff is expensive and the strong, woody sex scent only lasts for about three hours and fades into a soft creamy scent. I would love this if it remained that strong woody scent the entire time.

@dlrayn
I really want to know what your smoking/snorting to think TF Oud Wood smells like a Trailer park pool party in the Appalachians.

angel57
angel57

Initially, I was a little hesitant about purchasing Oud Wood, so I purchased the body moisturizer and the sales associate was gracious enough to give me a generous sample of the fragrance as well. I love it! For me, personally, the moisturizer along with strategically placed dabs of the fragrance is perfect. It's a very warm and sensual scent on me, without being overpowering. I don't think women should shy away from it; but you must be bold and confident enough in your skin to wear it!

dlrayrn
dlrayrn

I can only share from my own experience with any given scent. This smells to me like standing next to a public pool snack shack in the summer time. I get the very faint whiff of chlorine in the back ground, combined with coconut oil suntan lotion on warm bodies and ice creme products. The hot dogs are there as well, cooking off slowly on rollers while the concrete heats up in the summertime afternoon sun. The pool I spent the most time at was in the middle of a deciduous Pennsylvania forest nestled in an Appalachian Mountain valley. So, perhaps, the forest in the summer heat surrounding the pool adds the slight wood note in the background of my memory.
I enjoyed the nostalgia, but really don't want to smell like that to myself. I do select scents that others may enjoy (or at least not be offended by); but ultimately I wear them for myself. This fragrance is just not my cup of tea, but I can see where others would appreciate and love it. If you spent time at a similar public pool growing up, you may be nodding in agreement right now, with a slight smile.

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام. بااینکه هیچ عطری رو با بویی شبیه این بو نکردم ولی همش حس میکنم این بو برام آشناست .راجع به ماندگاری محصولات تام فورد و حتمی بودن تست محصولات این برندجای بحث نیست اما نمیدونم چرا پخشش توقع آدمو براورده نمیکنه.به نظرم برای سن بالای سی مناسبتره .اولش یه مقدار سنگین وتند به نظر میاد که واقعا اینگونه نیست .ضمنا برای مراسم شب ورسمی میشه روش حساب کرد

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This doesn't smell like oud, at all. Still, I think "Oud Wood" is a beautiful scent that balances its fresh, sweet, spicy woodiness rather brilliantly.

In fact it reminds me of a more masculine "Lumiére Blanche" by Olfactive Studio -a creamy cardamom and anise number, with sandalwood and tonka bean. "Oud Wood" is denser and more rugged thanks to the vetiver and wood notes, but it still has that mellow sweetness to give it a light, youthful, sexy appeal.

rprovenz
rprovenz

A very Sexy fragrance..The negative reviews are baffling.

jozemo
jozemo

Oud Wood is a incredibly powerfully sweet and woody scent,this juice is sexy and seductive with a sillage that lingers long after after a moderate drydown,the vetiver takes over at very end and remind you of Encre Noire,but a stronger version of it.I only recommend this scent only if you are a serious collector of luxury fragrances,it is expensive so try before you buy it.

invasion22
invasion22

I bought Tom Ford Oud Wood last week , however I have bought the Grey bottle which is supposed to be the new line from Tom Ford. Is it any different to the original one?

Pleasant perfume however silage and projection not as good as other perfumes from Tom Ford.

Belvedere
Belvedere

This is a beautiful manly scent. Even if you are not a fan of Oud this will convert you. It smells expensive but in a subtle rich way. Warm wood and amber but not heavy like some, this can be worn all day and smells just as good after 6-8 hours. I prefer this to TF Tobacco Vanille and if I put a suit on this is the first bottle I reach for.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

TF OW is a long lasting, luxurious frag great for the office or any formal event. I have M7 and OW is completely different. I live in the southern US where it's warm 8-9 months out of the year. Does anyone wear OW in warmer climates? Other than that concern , OW is a 9/10 for me.

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

Thankful to FINALLY smell a masculine scent from Tom Ford..this however smells like pepper..same vibe I get from Versace POUR HOMME..nice scent but don't believe he hype..not worth the price..projection is average or slightly under..females will like it..but yo can get Versace POUR HOMME for way less..and possibly have better projection..not feeling it..this is my first take on it.

majecatracho

Original M7 is much better than this, too sweet and just disgusting.
On my skin smells like super sweet candy mixed with cleaning supplies.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Modern, high class, elegant, woody fragrance. Awesome.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

This stuff is amazing! As soon as I can, I am going to go back to the city and splurge.
This does something amazing on my skin. It is incredibly mellow and warm. Its not overpowering at all but leaves a long lasting tonka bean, oud, vanilla scent that REALLY works for me.
FYI, the saleswoman let me sample it to see what it would do on my skin. I looked around a bit and came back to get a sample bottle because I wanted to try it a bit more. She didn't even recognize it on my skin and said that she had never smelled it do that on anyone else.
I cannot say enough about how unique and suiting this is for me.

nero77
nero77

This is a beautiful and very romantic fragrance, very nice.

I've tried Tobacco Vanille , which I know many people love, and I love this even more. I think it's sexier. This is (arguably) worth the hype and even the price tag. It is beautiful, it's seductive, it's quality, but I find it more intimate (and definitely more sensual..) than Tobacco Vanille. I can't see how many people would dislike this. It's quite appealing.

The fragrance is based around an oud note, but I think it would be unfair to expect a loud blast of agarwood a la Arabesque, or in real Arabian style. No. This is Oud for western sensibilities, almost tuned down for people who don't like loud, in-your-face oud. To be honest, I don't expect this to be loud, it's very subtle, very sensual, and very sexy. It sits very close to the skin and doesn't project so far, so it's more of a scent that people who come up really close to you will go "wow, you smell incredible" kind of thing.

What I like about this is that it isn't your average rose/oud combination, it's oud but done with tonka bean, lavish vanilla, sandalwood and amber, coupled with a beautiful, beautiful rosewood note. I do recommend this one a lot. The only drawbacks in my opinion would be the projection. It's an Eau de Parfum and it sits very close to the skin. But, it's not one to announce your presence, it's an experience to share with that special person in your life, when they are close enough to smell and feel the warmth of your skin. It's a "melt in your arms" kind of scent.

In one word? Romantic.

Worth it? I think so... just really nice stuff.

Ronson9
Ronson9

I find that the Original M7 Brown Bottle is really much better than this.
This is synthetic while M7 first formula smells like the real oud oil. M7 is the father of all the perfumes Oud. And M7 is always a scent by Tom Ford (when he was director of YSL).
;)

Kain
Kain

This is a great and classy masculine fragrance and I like it so much.
The opening is a really rich and bold, but at the same time non aggressive combination of oud, brazilian rosewood, some spices and a little bit of sweetness.
The oud note smell really good, oily and quality.
There is brazilian rosewood as well that give the scent a sharp and semi fresh woody feeling.
There are some spices and some sweetness from amber but they are mostly in the background.
Something that I really love about the scent is the balance of the notes. just masterfully done by Tom Ford.
In the mid and base I can smell a beautiful creamy sandalwood mixed with some oud and rosewood.
Longevity is great and projection is good.
It's not something very unique and different but amazing quality and great balance of the notes is the reason why you're paying this price.

یه عطر بسیار شیک و خوشبو و مردانه که شخصا از بوی بسیار عالی اش خیلی لذت بردم
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی چوب عود و رز وود و مقداری رایحه های شیرین و ادویه ای شروع میشه
رایحه عود خیلی خوشبو و باکیفته و حس روغنی مانند داره
رایحه چوب رز وود یه حس چوبی تند و تیز ولی در عین حال کمی شاداب و جالب به عطر میده
رایحه های شیرین و ادویه ای هم بصورت خیلی ملایم در حاشه قرار دارن و عمق و کاراکتر بیشتری به عطر میدن
با گذر زمان تمامی رایحه ها ملایمتر میشن و حالا میشه بوی نیمه شیرین و خامه ای مانند چوب سندل و کهربا رو حس کرد که کمی رایحه عود و رز وود باهاش ترکیب شدن
کیفیت رایحه های مورد استفاده عالیه و بالانس بی نظیر بین رایحه های عطر حاکی از هنر عطرساز هست
پخش بوی این عطر نسبتا خوبه ولی ماندگاریش عالیه
در مجموع بوی عطر خیلی خاص و متفاوت نیست ولی کیفیت بسیار خوب و بالانس عالی بین رایحه ها چیزیه که شما براش باید هزینه کنین و به این راحتی ها بدست نمیاد

chanakya
chanakya

Is it just me or does anyone else think this one smells like coconut oil too??? I just cant get over the coconut note whenever i wear this..was more than glad to give it to a friend, since it wasn't a big bottle. :-)
I envy all you guys who found this sexy, seductive, masculine and all..someone even said this smells like sex! You lucky buggers!!! ;-)

Wise-222

This perfume is so comfortable, quiet and dominated by wealth and greatness very stately and harmonious in its components and tempted him,you will love day after day. Tom Ford from the designers who have a smart sense of smell to distinguish between high-end and the smell of traditional
In this fragrance, which i purchased the five times and
i can't stop sniff it till this day.

wesleyhclark

Smelled on a paper strip: Nice, but somewhat indifferent. It didn't make much of an impression on me. My take on what I've smelled from these newer Tom Ford scents in the smoky bottles is that Tobacco Oud is the star, but I need to wear a sample of this for a day.

----------

Update

I'm not sure I get this one at all. It's just kind of... BLAH. It doesn't smell woody to my nose as much as it smells faintly of tobacco notes. It doesn't seem to evolve much, either - it seems quite linear. One reviewer detected a sort of coconut oil... I'm almost getting that, but this really doesn't smell like anything I'm familiar with. As for an oud scent, okay, this smells like a first or second cousin to a bottle of oud attar I once smelled, but, once again, it doesn't strike me as remarkable in any way.

This is not one of the stars of the Tom Ford line up as far as I'm concerned. I like Tobacco Vanille, Oud Tobacco, Tuscan Leather and Italian Cypress best.

Oud Wood seems to have little sillage on me and longevity is disappointing.

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

oud is such an unusual additive to any fragrance.
i have read both negative and positive reviews on this specific fragrance. it's so strange yet i am glad we all have our own minds and thoughts to add here.

"the review"

when oud is done right it comes out classy and sophisticated. i get a soft and sensual woody smell when i apply this. it is not {to my nose} medicinal and very pleasing. i get a little pepper in the scent for the first hour then it drifts off into a classy vanilla and tonka scent. clean,elegant,classy and sophisticated.

i do find it doesn't project as long as i would expect from a parfum. but it does last quite some time as a skin scent.

this is one of those fragrances that i can associate with an image and i see... a man with charisma and class in a black suit with a white shirt. no tie no vest and very casual yet sophisticated.. someone who exudes confidence... this is a fragance that say i'm the $h!t. for me when i have worn it. only twice now. it makes me feel more confident in myself.

isn't that the objective and what we all want in a fragrance? something that makes us feel better about our self and blends well with who we are as a person.

sillage to me is on the lower side.
longevity is fair. {i do expect more from a parfum}
quality is fair also. {i expect more for the price}

with that said if this projected better and lasted a little longer for the price i would give it a 10!

but as it stands i say 7 out of 10.

this is my review and just my opinion.
i hope you enjoyed it.
thank you.

houstcs

I just wanted to add a short update from a premature and slightly immature post from before. I found, as usual, wearing this on my wrist a few times was a totally different experience from wearing this a full day on my skin. This scent is beautiful, wonderful longevity and projection. That being said, I know find it very similar to the newest production of m7.

sharmap14

It really disturbs me as to how similar this smells to armani attitudes opening. And I feel like its been reformulated

Whit
Whit

After buying this and wearing it a couple times, I've come to the conclusion that oud just doesn't work with my skin. For some reason or another, it turns oud into a raging synthetic composition that's LOUD, which is annoying for me. I should've loved this one and I wanted to very badly, but I just can't deal with what my skin turns this fragrance into. I got awesome sillage, probably because my skin likes to amplify oud times a million, but it's too much for me. The longevity was decent as well, but this one is already packaged back up and going to be returned.

Sorry Tom Ford, it's not you, it's me (seriously)!

ateghipc
ateghipc

I loved this for a while, but after sniffing more ouds, I've definitely come back to this one thinking it odd compositionally. It's less "oud" like than other ouds in the sense that oud has been domesticated here, but the consequence of this is a fragrance that just smells medicinal. Eventually the tonka warms it and creates something interesting, but that takes a couple hours, and by that point it's a skin scent. Projection on this was good but longevity was subpar for a tom ford (still good though).

$$

Very nice 1 ov my favorites.I noticed a distinct smell of coconut in the dry down behind the vanilla which smells freekn awesome.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Like all Tom Ford private blends the ingredients for Oud Wood are well blended with such seamless precision and so very smooth.
Such a restrained,(yet powerful)classy and regal Oud.
I get a slight medicinal note which gives it almost a menthol like quality.
Beautifully warm thanks to the blending of vanilla and amber and smells expensive like all Private Blends.
Not my favourite TF but I will enjoy my sample while it lasts.More suited for autumn and winter.

christianne1
christianne1

Wow, this is stunning...deep, dark and mysterious...very exotic scent. Mmmm! Has a leathery smell to it although it isn't listed. I absolutely love this but feel it may be a bit too masculine for me personally but I am certainly going to enjoy my decant! Who knows, I may end up with a full bottle, I tend to surprise myself.

Description from another site:

"Exotic rose wood and cardamom, blended with exuberant Chinese pepper, envelop the wearer in warmth. Eventually, the center exposes a smoky blend of rare oud wood, sandalwood and vetiver. Finally, the creamy scents of tonka bean, vanilla and amber are revealed."

Notes: cardamom, pepper, rosewood, sandalwood, vetiver, oud, amber, tonka bean, vanilla.

EDIT: After wearing this all day, it's not too masculine at ALL. Totally unisex. Had a stranger at the post office ask what I was wearing. That always delights me. Yes, this is totally going on the want list. :)

Oud Wood:
Rare. Exotic. Distinctive. One of the most rare, precious, and expensive ingredients in a perfumer’s arsenal, oud wood is often burned in the incense filled temples of Bhutan. Exotic rose wood and cardamom give way to a smoky blend of rare oud wood, sandalwood and vetiver. Tonka bean and amber add warmth and sensuality
i m so happy that he brings the body line of it. can't wait to get my hands on it. love the scent . suggest you try you won't be disappointed if you like out.

This review is only a draft due to only having tried this once and not reaching any firm conclusions...this is my gut reaction.
Been looking forward to getting my hands on this for a while now and despite the Oud trend in the perfumary business for the past several years I've yet to find one (at least with Oud in the name) to blow me away.
My hopes were high...but sadly were dashed when I tried it. I have yet to give it a fair run but I found it to be dark and harsh in the opening.
No denying it's a wonderful smell, Luxurious and refined but do I want wear it on my skin...Not right now...the jury is out.
I can't believe my reaction to this as a lot of Oud's are too subdued for me but this one goes a little too far.

Update: Okay so my original views on this are fundamentally the same I'm not really a fan of Oud wood. As for it having a 'dark & harsh opening' I think what I meant was a sharp opening which is more accurate. Oud wood is such a straight forward name that it makes you think you're maybe going to get something of an authentic Oud experience...In my opinion, you don't! I'll give it this it's unique, strong & long lasting. So an okay fragrance that is wearable but a little grating on me after a while and I certainly don't understand all the praise it gets.

al.to
al.to

funny censored my opinion..

Filetoui
Filetoui

Go easy with it and let it dry down. If you're a wood fan like me you will like this one. I wear it to sleep most of the time with a small dab on both wrists. Best for night-time apply once on each side of the neck and light across both writs, stay away from your nose or chest with this one.

UPDATE: after wearing this for a week I'll say it's not as big as I thought. It draws attention and almost has a leather jacket tint to it. You'll get head turns and people are almost hesitant to ask what you're wearing. I think it stuns them a little. This ones forever!

fooluae
fooluae

there guy down there sayed

compare to M7!..ok M7 wins:-)

i say to him go sleep better

m7 on summer smell rotten on hot day and smell has nothing to do with tome ford or qulity

m7 smell like many oud perfume

but these different smell like arabian king

samatl74
samatl74

I ordered a sample of this on line because of all the hype it was in the reviews and on YouTube. All I can say is WOW. This is one of those frags that you should wear to create a memory with someone you care about. It has this damp aquatic wood smell that pleases the nose as water quenches the thirst. Its a high quality smell that is sure to please and ignite a smile to anyone who smells it. It's a rich scent that doesn't cloy. Perfect silage and masterfully crafted. Unique in every way. It's described as unisex however I think it is a perfect masculine fragrance.

marekkalinowski

sexy, dark ,sexy dark ......luxurious and naughty a bit dirty. It is mind blowing scent. can't live without it. Love the 5 min 1hr, 3hr 7hr, . lasts forever and its good all the way. wify loves it too.

peacelovecola13
peacelovecola13

I really love to smell it but ts too masculine for me to wear which sucks but I really love the smell

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I have tried this several times and it's such a rich potent blend. Woody, spicy and intense! It smells expensive, it is expensive. Too heavy a scent for me at the moment but I might re-consider buying it later in the year when I need warming up!

CocoKat
CocoKat

I tried this on the advise of another fragrantician.

Stunning! Pure purrfection...soft, buttery, lightly spiced and feminine on my skin. Ladies, don't be afraid of this one. Oud Wood gave my man Wood! LOL

annahaener
annahaener

AMAZING perfume!!! Everytime I smell it on my skin it feels like im in the dark forest after rain and some sweet flowers r blooming near:) looove it:)

ThatMakesScents

A rather familiar rendition of its' title " Oud Wood". Oud coupled with a creamy sandlewood. It's been done before with Montale's Dark Aoud and even better by Dior Leather Oud.

With Montale now watering down their juices Oud Wood might seem more attractive to an Oud lover but IMO you can find better juice for less and still be in niche territory.

Mild sillage/lasting power.

augustobt
augustobt

I like it, but I feel this one is really overpriced. It's good, but not $200 good.

houstcs

Wanted to love this, but I will find myself preferring to reach for m7 oud absolu first. In fact, this doesn't smell much different to me than a 7$ bottle of an oud fragrance I purchased on accident. Still wonderful, but maybe over priced because its tom ford.

Update: this is much better after a few wears, not close to the random 7$ oud scent I purchased. However, cartier essence de bois may be a bit more my taste with the violet oud complexity.

jtd

Oud tends to be the gorilla in the room in a fragrance. Oud being both potent and distinctive, the challenge is how to make an oud-centric perfume fundamentally different than any other.  This is a problem for all perfume producers, not just Tom Ford.  Oud is the It-Girl still, and here lies the other problem.  The oud trend has been going on for long enough that its moment is getting a little long in the tooth.  The smart niche companies that were touting oud for the past 4-5 years are moving on, but the high end designer lines (Dior,Versace, Armani) and the niche lines that don’t see themselves as niche lines but (trumpets...) Houses (Killian, Kurkdjian) missed the memo.  My point is not at all that the perfumes are bad, but that seeing the trend as a function of marketing, the glass house of exclusivity and taste is looking a little fragile. All the $200-$500 exclusive ouds are competing with each other, but they’re also competing with much less expensive, well-made oud perfumes also available.  Exclusivity is a fiction that style-merchants are constantly busting their asses to maintain, and the market is famously fickle.  My bet is that the oud star is falling.

An large part of the above scenario is price.  Rare Vietnamese oud, ancient Cambodian treasured oud...  You’ve never heard anyone refer to rare ethylmaltol, and for good reason.  Where is all this oud coming from?  Oud isn’t quite ambergris, whose formation is measured in decades to centuries, but you don’t plant it one season and harvest it the next.  As with every other quality of smell that we refer to in perfume, oud, the note, and oud, the material are not the same thing.  A product that is much more expensive than its direct competitors (a $400 by Killian perfume v. a $100 Parfumerie Generale perfume) require a certain justification, and whether the company is Chanel or Whole Foods, the rare sourcing of botanical components is the contemporary grail of sophistication among the consumer.  Ivory, gems, elephant skin, milk fed veal.  The exclusivity of Empire has given way to exclusivity AND ethics.  ‘Please don’t spill your acai martini on my ipe wood floor and cause a stain.  Though it’s sustainably grown, I’ve spent years monitoring the webcast of the organic, high altitude farm where I commissioned its growth.  Don’t put me through THAT again.”

And here we have oud.  All the sophistication of ambergris, none of the ethical indecision.  We’re perfect prey for the oud-mongers.

Tom Ford’s Oud Wood starts out much like many other eponymous oud perfumes I’ve smelled, but from the very outset has a quality of softened edges and rounded tones. [ Caveat:  I don’t have much of a nose or mind for dissecting the notes in oud, although I’ve smelled many oud perfumes.  I’ve even had the opportunity, thanks to a friend sharing his stash, of doing a comparison sniffing of a number of quality pieces of Vietnamese and Cambodian oud wood whose very specific provenances were know by the person who collected them.]

This is a perfume that makes me question the difference between modulating something very particular and strong (oud), and going mainstream.  At all points in Oud Wood’s progression it reads as within normal limits, a nursing expression used to describe a quantity not low and not high.  Within normal limits: is that the goal?  If so, it’s achieved.  This fragrance would appeal to a large population, perfume fans and otherwise.  Normally I would deride a goal of normalcy-above-all-else, but Oud Wood is wonderfully constructed, and despite the oud name, is a principally woody fragrance that modulates sweetness, smokiness, firmness and softness.  It’s blended but specific, and smells like an imagined wood in the way that an abstract floral fragrance like Heeley’s Ophelia or the classic Patou Joy suggests an idealized flower.

Does Oud Wood have all the brutal smokiness, bitterness, and slap-in-the-face often associated with oud?  No, but I find this modulated quality refreshing given the ‘my oud’s bigger than your oud’ competitiveness that characterized some oud fragrances released around the time of Oud Wood (2007).  The most appealing use of oud in a perfume is to make it a note among many (ie. Guerlain Habit Rouge edp).  Perfumer Richard Herpin pushes oud more to the center of the stage than this, but applies moderation deliberately to the composition and gives us the subtle but forthright Oud Wood.

from scent hurdle.com

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

Close your eyes. Inhale. That is the smell of eminence.

SPELL-BOUNDING
BEWITCHING
PARALYZING
TRANSFIXING
ENCHANTING.

This fragrance is what ancient Persia SHOULD have smelt like.

kazewayz

@ZHABEYCH622 You my friend have a great nose. Touche.

ZHABEYCH622
ZHABEYCH622

I agree!!! Im not a big fan of oud scents myself but this has a projection that will take your breath away.. Definetley a night scent with a sexy touch to it.. I highly recommend this one!! MAGNIFICENT!!!

kazewayz

This has got to be my favorite oud scent. And is simply because the oud is barely noticable, it is there but hiding beneath the surface, lingering in the background. This is spicy, warm, sweet, woody, powdery. A delicious perfume. Sticks close to the skin. Quality all the way. Well blended. Excelent for night time. Unisex? Yes. Try it.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I just received my 1.7 oz bottle of Tom Ford Oud Wood today in the mail and I am impressed and excited. I'm fairly new to oud fragrances but I'm curious and will be purchasing Creed Royal Oud and M7 by Yves Saint Laurent soon. As a fragrance connoisseur, I am always relentlessly researching and pursuing fragrances in hope of finding one that I'm intrigued by. Tom Ford Oud Wood ranks currently in my top three niche fragrances. I sprayed it on before work and immediately felt compelled to get on Fragrantica and review this fragrance. In my opinion, the notes smell of exotic spice and wood, some hint of leather, light incense and vanilla, and the projection is powerful and masculine although it is versatile and understandably, it can be worn by a female. After about an hour, the sillage began to settle however the scent is still rather pungent and continuing to radiate off of me. I am kind of trigger happy with the sprayer and perhaps I went overboard with it today but I'm delighted that almost three hours into wearing it, this fragrance is holding its weight. Even though it is recommended for fall/winter, one could successfully pull this off in warmer weather only because it isn't loud, overbearing, or offensive....Overall, I'm beyond pleased and I highly recommend this to any connoisseur's collection.

UPDATE:
My 8 hour shift is almost over and Oud Wood is still projecting off of me like a BEAST!!! This is a keeper...Very rich intoxicating dry down that hasn't altered much...in fact I really enjoy both, the initial application and the drydown...This has "elegance" and "class" written all over it!

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

I found it well balanced between oud, vanilla and woody notes, I could not distinguish the spices in it, maybe the next time I can.

In the top notes the oud is very evident, but it is not as powerful as I thought it would be the name, it fades slowly, perhaps not spray on my skin and he was very shy, and I have to approach the pulse of the nose to feel it, perhaps also by the lack of spray.

But these are details, and none of these details disparage the quality of the perfume is well-crafted and balanced.

jtd

Oud tends to be the gorilla in the room in a fragrance that uses it as the principle note. Oud being both potent and distinctive, the challenge is how to make an oud-centric perfume fundamentally different than any other. This isn’t only Tom Ford’s challenge. Oud is the It-Girl still, and here lies the other problem. The oud trend has been going on for long enough that its moment is getting a little long in the tooth. The smart niche companies that were touting oud for the past 4-5 years are moving on, but the high end designer lines (Dior,Versace, Armani) and the niche lines that don’t see themselves as niche lines but (trumpets...) Houses (Killian, Kurkdjian) missed the memo. My point is not at all that the perfumes are bad, but that seeing the trend as a function of marketing, the glass house of exclusivity and taste is looking a little fragile. All the $200-$500 exclusive ouds are competing with each other, but they’re also competing with much less expensive, well-made oud perfumes also available. Exclusivity is a fiction that style-merchants are constantly busting their asses to maintain, and the market is famously fickle. My bet is that the oud star is falling.

An large part of the above scenario is price. Rare Vietnamese oud, ancient Cambodian treasured oud... You’ve never heard anyone refer to rare ethylmaltol, and for good reason. Where is all this oud coming from? Oud isn’t quite ambergris, whose formation is measured in decades to centuries, but you don’t plant it one season and harvest it the next. As with every other quality of smell that we refer to in perfume, oud, the note, and oud, the material are not the same thing. A product that is much more expensive than its direct competitors (a $400 by Killian perfume v. a $100 Parfumerie Generale perfume) require a certain justification, and whether the company is Chanel or Whole Foods, the rare sourcing of botanical components is the contemporary grail of sophistication among the consumer. Ivory, gems, elephant skin, milk fed veal. The exclusivity of Empire has given way to exclusivity AND ethics. ‘Please don’t spill your acai martini on my ipe wood floor and cause a stain. Though it’s sustainably grown, I’ve spent years monitoring the webcast of the organic, high altitude farm where I commissioned its growth. Don’t put me through THAT again.”

And here we have oud. All the sophistication of ambergris, none of the ethical indecision. We’re perfect prey for the oud-mongers.

Tom Ford’s Oud Wood starts out much like many other eponymous oud perfumes I’ve smelled, but from the very outset has a quality of softened edges and rounded tones. [ Caveat: I don’t have much of a nose or mind for dissecting the notes in oud, although I’ve smelled many oud perfumes. I’ve even had the opportunity, thanks to a friend sharing his stash, of doing a comparison sniffing of a number of quality pieces of Vietnamese and Cambodian oud wood whose very specific provenances were know by the person who collected them. I tend to take oud in as a whole. It’s a lovely, sensual experience. But in my case it also means I’m not much of an analyst.]

This is a perfume that makes me question the difference between modulating something very particular and strong (oud), and going mainstream. At all points in Oud Wood’s progression it reads as within normal limits, a nursing expression used to describe a quantity not low and not high. Within normal limits: is that the goal? If so, it’s achieved. This fragrance would appeal to a large population, perfume fans and otherwise. Normally I would deride a goal of normalcy-above-all-else, but Oud Wood is wonderfully constructed, and despite the oud name, is a principally woody fragrance that modulates sweetness, smokiness, firmness and softness. It’s blended but specific, and smells like an imagined wood in the way that an abstract floral fragrance like Heeley’s Ophelia or the classic Patou Joy suggests an idealized flower.

Does Oud Wood have all the brutal smokiness, bitterness, and slap-in-the-face often associated with oud? No, but find this modulated quality refreshing given the ‘my oud’s bigger than your oud’ competitiveness that characterized some oud fragrances released around the time of Oud Wood (2007). The most appealing use of oud in a perfume is to make it a note among many (ie. Guerlain Habit Rouge edp). Perfumer Richard Herpin pushes oud more to the center of the stage than this, but applies moderation deliberately to the composition and gives us the subtle but forthright Oud Wood.

from scenthurdle.com

aeg8193
aeg8193

Had a 0.5ml sample of this. I have over a hundred samples and I usually test out a couple on my hands each day, but this was the only one I used for about two weeks until it was gone. I just couldn't help putting little dabs on my hand constantly throughout the day. Absolutely addicting scent.

I now have a bottle and wow i just can't get enough. I got bored with my fragrance collecting / sampling, became a bit repetitive, and now that I have this in my collection I don't really feel the need to own anymore bottles or test anymore out. This does everything I want. Light, pleasing, inviting, comforting, versatile, unique, super sexy.

Dosnt last too long (just carry a decant) and stays close, but my goal is not to overpower a room to get a compliment. My goal is to get someone in close to give a compliment. Cos once theyre in close they're staying in close ;)

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

you know this smell in the air when you walk outside your house first thing on a calm early Spring morning, after it has rained all night? Wet earth, wet asphalt, stillness in the air and a certain sweet woodiness coming from the trees that have finally received the most needed rain to give a final push to their emerging leave buds?

That is what I get from Oud Wood.

I know fragrances are very suggestive based on your environment, so someone living in let's say, Mexico, would get a different morning "rain scent", so I wanted to add that I live in western Canada near the Rocky Mountains. I smell rain in this like I smelled rain in Demeter's thunderstorm. But Demeter's fragrance was all about the wet dusty concrete and Tom Ford is about the whole scenery around you. Definitely a rainy day perfume for me as of now.

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

ToFo PB Oud Wood: right out of the bottle, incredible scent, a tad medicinal but that goes away almost immediately. Then the lovely but very light wood smell wafting with vetiver and vanilla. Absolutely beautiful, and instead of thinking of this as a projector scent, I felt enveloped in this most beautiful aroma. For me, this stayed pretty linear: wood, vanilla, sandlewood and a dash of pepper.

The bad news was that this scent dried down in a matter of minutes and stayed so close to the skin. Every so often it would waft up for the briefest of seconds, but an incredible scent. The wood is one of the lightest I've experienced in a wood scent. Perfect for those who like wood scents but get overpowered by them after a while. I am so jealous of the reviewers who say Tom Ford's fragrances are "powerhouses" and last so long. Not on my skin. I felt same with Black Violet, which I loved. That too, while lasting a bit longer, also dried down very fast.

So far, Tom Ford's fragrances for me are envelopers. It's very personal, you get enveloped by them, they do not project out. I loved Oud Wood but would never purchase this, because of terrible projection and sillage, and the price does not merit the product. I really feel so strongly that his products would last so much better if they were oils. The scents remind me of oils I wore as a hippie. Hey ToFo come out with a line of oils - now THOSE would last (and last, and last).

BTW: if any reviewers know of any outlet to get finely developed oils, please post. and Thank You.

al1nonly

I have a bottle of this 3.4 90% box and included, send me a Private Msg to do business.

wesleyhclark

A lovely oud scent! This smells linear to me, that is, the top, middle and base notes all smell pretty much of oud wood.

While this Tom Ford oud scent is wonderful, I prefer Creed's Royal Oud, which seems richer and deeper. It's divine, that's the only way I can describe it. You smell it and cannot be kept from uttering "Mmmmmm." The first time I smelled it was kind of like the first time I bit into a prime rib: a sensory milestone.

This product seems to be a bit underpowered; it fades fast on me. Not much sillage, either.

Mr. TomFordHermessence
Mr. TomFordHermessence

This fragrance belongs in every cologne collection. It is timeless and expensive. You get what you are paying for with Tom Ford Oud Wood. A middle-eastern coworker walked up to me as he was finishing his night shift work assignment, and said good morning he then ask where did I find my oud oil? I told him its a cologne by tom ford and then he said it smells like the best oud I came across. Another coworker thats middle eastern and she's a nurse said I like your oud fragrance... its very lovely. It put a smile on my face cause it had already been over 11hours since i applied it in the early morning and it still a nice soft warm linger. Not nearly as when its first sprayed, but certainly a nice drydown which was impressive.

careless86
careless86

the best oud wood perfume ever

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

I was so excited when I learned about Tom Ford, hoping it would be as comparable to some of the other fragance houses I have been introduced to. I was at the counter and being a respected customer, I was asked which fragrances I liked to get samples for. This was one of them.

My personal view is that although oud is placed on a pedastal here. The fragrance was nothing special. Not that I am neieve enough to expect to be blown away. I was just looking for something that makes my wrist move towards my nose more often, appriciating the fragrance. This never happend. Also it is not a versitile fragrance. To each, his nose. I mean own.

Sandeep_nandy1
Sandeep_nandy1

Unique, never smell anything close to it... unisex, sweety, spicy and oud. sexy, masculine , mouth watering...

al1nonly

I bought this scent and is a B. Longevity and sillage are poor as can be, wish i could get a refund for this price.

herreroph
herreroph

Smells so nice.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

A nice fragrance although the oud is too weak to my taste. It reminded me of some Japanese incense sachet made for scenting Kimono.

Bbjr
Bbjr

This one and Byredo Accord Oud are the top oud frags. Period

steve0580
steve0580

Speechless.

This is the best cologne I've ever smelled.

jpinson
jpinson

A rare thing amongst the PBs in that it simply does not last on my skin. Such a shame as I love the smell.

Nichehead
Nichehead

Oud Wood is like that warm hug from your favorite aunt or grandma; It's comforting, warming, calming and unique. Something you almost long for and can't wait to experience again and again. I suggest getting your nose on Oud Wood and trying it on your skin!

sultan100
sultan100

this is the best oud ever andi dont then ther any 1will do any thing like this woooooow , m from saudi and we know what oud and mixedoud smell and tom he did it right

flashax
flashax

This is PERFECTION! i LOVE this fragrance!

I love most of the Tom Ford fragrances actually but this one just clicked with me.

It smells sophisticated, sexy, dark, strong (but not overpowering) and so expensive (aside from the price tag)

I would drink in this stuff if i could! <3

Airlies
Airlies

Yet another winner from Tom Ford. It is especially wonderful when blended with another "woody" cologne of your own choosing. As I was informed by a sales person at Saks Fifth Avenue the trend is to create one's own fragrance by blending your favourites (not more than two and tested by oneself prior to wearing in public). I became a fan of the Private Blend fragrances by Tom Ford several years ago and my opinion has not changed; whoever creates these for him is a genius.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Where do I start, Dreamy !!! Let's begin with the fact that this is another Tom Ford MASTERPIECE, along with Tobacco Vanille respectfully!! This frag for some reason is flying stealth under the radar but lemme tell ya it packs a nuclear blast type of pleasure sensory overload to ur nose!! The oud and Tonka bean blend together so well and smoothly.. Its one of the sexiest, creamiest, keep smelling ur wrists, epitome of style fragrances.. Highly recommended, and will almost guarantee the women won't keep their noses off of you..

judyk
judyk

Oooo, this is lovely! Squeaky, medicinal oud (How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...) supported but not overshadowed by savoury woods.

But could my sample be watered down? It only lasts a few minutes on my skin and then fades to a whisper. :(

baldheadjim
baldheadjim

Dark and sweet opening that develops into a luxurious woody blend that makes ladies purr "Ohh that smells so good". Softly radiates about 2-3 feet without cloying. Glad I bought the large bottle!

$$

Damn this is not like me i must admit i slept on the oud wood lol! I just smelled this at neiman marcus a couple days ago what planet was i on???!!! TF OUD has a sharp woody scent which last for a long time then it turns a bit softer into a coconutty,vanilla almost milk flavor.But to keep it a 100 i just started getting into oud. Any who i think this is the second best oud fragrance out there behind mason francis kurkdjian oud.Im starting to stand out with these oud scents than a dude wearing some wack polo cologne.TF OUD is unique and women with class see that. On the real your cologne is a reflection of you,you should always want to stand out from the rest and TF OUD does it for me.

magicnose
magicnose

This is undoubtably a superb fragrance, but personally I find the first two hours of very strong milky oud not quite to my personal taste. Once the oud dies down a bit I like it a lot more. I get a very strong pepper note with this one, and it reminds VERY much of Hermes Poivre Samarcande. I think I prefer Poivre Samarcande though - because I'm just not a fan of the sweet milkiness of oud. I like my woods "savoury".

diorshowman
diorshowman

One of the top fragrances in my collection and one of the VERY BEST from the Tom Ford Private Blend Line. Im not even going to talk about the Oud aspect of this fragrances because it really does not smell like Oud...that is if you compare this to Montale ouds. I'll just say this is one of the sexiest fragrances of all time and I dont care what anyone says about it. Im a guy and to me even if this isn't a "panty dropper" I will personally buy some panties, wear them myself, and then drop them myself. Why are you still reading this and not at the Tom Ford counter????

Longevity:B+
Projection:B+
Uniqueness:A
Versatility:B
OVERALL: A+

PS. I just sprayed some more on my arm and I cant stop crying. It's SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trixiedelacroix
trixiedelacroix

I love this fragrance. It you could marry a scent we'd throw some things in the back of a convertible, drive to Vegas and make it official. That said, and perhaps someone could help me out with this, It does not last. You have about two hours three tops before it goes away. One of my friends returned it to Neiman's as a result. Even if you apply it liberally. For the price it should do a load of whites and darks for me or at the very least, last until I get to work. Does anyone know of a similar fragrance that lasts without being overwhelming?

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

One of the best scents out there. Its sexual despite being overpowering. Its warm and polite. Oud combination made in heaven. So sensual, appealing, soft but with a character. Great for blending and by itself. For those people who like Oud well blended with tonka bean, rosewood and vanilla . Don't see any similarities with YSL M7. 2 different scents. OW is a must have.

catfishy
catfishy

I don't know how oud wood smells by itself,but in this blend the cardamom I can definitely feel and it is strong.Overall nice, but a little sharp.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Oh my, with all due respect, I can't help but think that people who say this smells sharp and medicinal haven't smelled many oud perfumes. Tom Ford's is velvety smooth, probably the least medicinal of the ouds I've encountered.

It's a soft, creamy oud, heavy on amber, and sweetened with a bit of vanilla. What drives me bonkers about Oud Wood is the use of cardamom. How did Tom Ford know that cardamom is my weakness, lol?!

This perfume is mysterious and beautiful on me, but I would really enjoy the smell of Oud Wood on a sexy man as well!

xabaras
xabaras

Beautiful! Amazing! Special! It's woody, slightly smoky, and warm. It's like being wrapped in a hug that never ends. And inside that hug you feel safe, sexy, enchanted, perfectly at ease. I absolutely agree that it's a kind of scent that you should try before buying : it's either you love it to bits or you hate it with a passion. And be careful if you tend to love flowery and fruity fragrances: it might shock you.
I'm trying to decide if I'd dare wearing it everyday without making people around me faint... :)

CDGfan

Amazing fragrance, it smells just like Indian rice pudding "Kheer" , a milky concoction of saffron, cardomom, rose essence , milk and rice. Anyone who has smelt Kheer will agree.

Wise-222

Tom ford you are a mad man from where

Did you bring this idea which is "oud and cardamom"

Very luxury and vague at same time this the fact.

Well done 10/10

panda0410
panda0410

Just got this recently and wearing for a while now. It opens with a sharp medicinal quality that is overtly obtrusive to my nose and instantly made me withdraw, but fortunately settles into something deep and complex and really very pleasing.

Id swear there was patchouli in this, but perhaps its the vetiver giving it that vibe; and I love that! Its a deep, earthy, smokey, powdery, woody complex that Im enjoying vastly. The rosewood is sublime and very prominent, the spice of the cardamon is quite clear and adds to the male "kicker" in this fragrance, its far more masculine a scent than feminine. Sandalwood is rather heavy in this, its immediately noticeable and persists through the drydown. The Oud remains most prominent, giving it an almost chypre quality to what is a deep woody fragrance - and its a very nice contrast to the overall warmth of this scent.

Its got a nice depth to it, I love the dark deep frags, they wear beautifully on me and like most other TF fragrances this one wears for hours, the longevity is what you'd expect from a quality perfume. Sillage is very nice, definitely not a skin scent but not a room monster either.

Overall Im loving this. Its got a deep, woody warmth that I really enjoy, though I will say that this is probably closer to mainstream perfume that what I expected from an Oud niche scent, its quite a safe purchase, especially for men who like this type of perfume. My husband commented that it was far too musky for him, but he has a vast preference for aromatics and citruses; and thats just great - more for me to wear :D

Last word to ladies who like "girly" scents - this wont be for you. Its got a distinct masculine shift thats fine for me, but if you are a lady that likes candy and everything pink then you might want to give this a skip.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I don't know how people are saying this is like M7. To my nose, they have very little in common. M7 is loud and sweet and HEAVY, whereas TF Oud Wood has minimal sweetness, and is much lighter. I have the vintage M7, and I have to wade through the opening to get to the nice drydown. This fragrance opens up soft and subtle and just what I find incredibly wearable. It is compelling and never overwhelming. Beautiful woods and an ever so tiny amount of vanilla. I don't care what anyone says, I really like this fragrance and will wear it on a regular basis.
I have to say that TF is the only one to combine oud with this amount of vanilla, and makes this the perfect amount of sweet. I find this to be different from the other oud scents out there in its creamy sweetness. Incredibly smooth and even sensual.

yabadu
yabadu

Wow. That's all i've got to say about this one.
A true masterpiece by the one and only Tom Ford.
Smells kind of oriental, balmy and addictive.

I like high-end fragrances when they have an artistic aspect to them and my problem with many of the Tom Ford's compositions is that they often luck all of this. I get them as a sort of completion of the brand. Clothes, leather goods, shoes, sunglasses and fragrances for the upper market. They all smell pretty good but they very rarely add something on the table to justify their otrageous prices.

Said that I don't see any reasons to spend big money on Oud Wood when you can have M7 (because this is basically what Oud Wood is all about) for less than 1/3 the price. Fresh woody.

Gimmick anyone?

Rating: 6.5/10

First impression; i think Tom Ford took the inspiration from the classic YSL M7, perfected it, and voila! Here is Oud Wood. It smells so similar to M7; however, Oud Wood is more refined, warmer, and much richer. It later settles down into a beautiful Oud scent. I don't get the vanilla here or anything that I consider "sweet". It's actually more peppery with cardmom. Anyway, this is expensive stuff, and it is not for everyone. Must try!

Surprised that this perfume has a lot of similarity with M7 Yves Saint Laurent.
Since both scents are created by Tom Ford!
However Oud Wood is dryer and lacks the sweetness of M7

I personally like them both alot!!!!!!

Migotka
Migotka

So far I have only tested one Tom Ford PB scent- and then heard they are both overpriced and not that unique. I have tested a few others today- and man, people saying this are terribly wrong!

Oud Wood is a wonderful, woody scent. Its quality is amazing- it smells so deep and mysterious. Like all the others from the line, it is very intense. the wood smells as if it lied down in the sun for a long time- the hot surface, saw dust vibrating in your nostrils, blazing heat. that is what you get at first- as it dries down, you get some beautiful vetiver and vanilla, sort, sensual, yet still upholding he original dryness. This is not Tobacco Vanille's boozy, sweet vanilla- it is darker and more mature.

I see it on a man more than on a woman, somehow

stephan
stephan

Smells like a very confident man. Such a great scent! Such a weak sillage! Such a poor longevity! Such a high price!
ETA: I bought Tom Oud, by Surrati. It's much cheaper and longer lasting. Just love it!

JohnMc
JohnMc

Not overly impressed by this offering from the PB range, nor of the range in general - sorry to any aficionados out there, but as a fan of Mr. Ford's other offerings; M7, Black Orchid et al, I find the PB range to be both overpriced and overhyped. I had the pleasure of testing some of the Oud offerings from the Arabian owned 'Arabian Oud' company at one of its stores in Oxford Street, London. I have to say that the salesperson's knowledge was first rate, as was his enthusiasm. Their offerings seemed more affordable than Tom Ford's Private Blend and more appealing. Each to their own I suppose.

fpih
fpih

Sharp, medicinal oud, with just a touch of rosewood to balance the sharpness. Lasting power extraordinaire, still detectable after 12 hours and a shower:)
It's very interesting, very unique (to me at least, since most ouds I've tested tend to be more warm and spicy than dry and sharp) and more, musculine than feminine. For me, it's interesting but not tempting enough to spend any money on it.

Cereza
Cereza

The first blast was sharp like with most perfumes with oud in them, but very soon after opening it changed to a fantastic, deep, warm, sensual scent. I can feel powdery tonka and vanilla combo, it's very inviting, comforting and extremely sexy and sexy for man and woman. It would work well on both skins.
After the blast of warm, sensual notes, it again get's a bit sharp, but still very smooth, on my skin I detect loads of vetiver which makes this perfume a bit fresh and zesty.
Before the scent got to the drydown part, I got more oud which a bit reminded me of lavander. It was masculine, but very lovely.
The drydown part is perfect, almost like the opening - warm, sensual vanilla with tonka and amber.
This is definitely something unique, the scent itself get's me to a happy place and I do find it to be very sexy. It stays very close to skin, so would be suited for sensual evenings with two lovers so close to each other that the smell of both skins and Oud wood would blend in a perfect, sensual mix.

Sillage goes downhill as time goes by. After 3 hours there is almost nothing on my wrist, but when I inhale deeply I can still feel the scent, altough now it's just woody and citrusy.

All in all - lovely scent, bad longevity, not worth the price tag and FB.

Uniqueness: 9/10
Total: 6.3

Isom
Isom

bought this one at Tom Ford's place in Vegas. It is extremely unique. Also, not as over powering as many of the ouds that I have smelled in the past. The balance that the vanilla brings to the oud is quite brilliant. My fragrance collection is vast and this is one of my all time favorites.

puppynose
puppynose

Can you say "hype"? Ever smell actual oud? Ever smell the Firmenich aroma chemical substitute for agar wood/oudh/alos wood? Thank goodness for theperfumedcour and their tiny little .5ml decants. It does have tenacity which sucks when you don't like the scent.

caliking
caliking

On me this smells exactly!!!!!!! identical to
Zino Davidoff

try on your skin before you buy
SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE COVERED WOOD

Jordan20
Jordan20

Without sounding crude but you know that feeling after you've had the best sex in your life, well thats what wearing this feels like, this scent is pretty much sex in a bottle which wasnt something unexpected, i was kinda hoping tom would release a fragrance like this but i never expected it would be so beautiful and so rich. Its so dark and sexy, my boyfriend loves it when i wear this and girls go crazy over it lol well at least the girls i know anyway lol. I keep this one on my bedisde table, its just that damn good. I like how Tom creates fragrances with personality and they all sorta respond to the different moods and tastes of people and their emotions, this scent with its richness and sexiness gets me in the mood.

Marangoni
Marangoni

This is sex and glamour in one bottle.

truffles
truffles

Mmmmm, beautiful! A warm,earthy 'skin scent'. Patchouli isn't listed as a note but for me this has a 'patchouliness' about it so I think patchouli lovers should love this.
There's an edge to this that I adore, think it might be the rosewood. Rosewood on its own is not something I would particularly swoon over but this perfume is just so beautifully blended and it leaves a beautiful, bury your nose in, trace on your scarves and clothes too. Expensive, yes, but smells it.
I love, I want. When I win the lottery....
Update: Heh heh heh.... (a tip) there's a very good imitation available on Ebay - decants of something called 'Tom Oud'. At first sniff of the one I got today I thought 'oh poo, it's not really like TFOW!', bit syntheticy? But the stuff develops on your skin until it's a dead ringer! It's an oil type thing and I'm hoping it's more natural than synthetic. Will have to investigate.
Anyway, I feel all warm and oudy now without having to spend ALL that money! :)

taboo2287
taboo2287

i will be so brief: smells like SEX ;)

Kterhark
Kterhark

I wanted to come back and review this a second time, since I’ve now been wearing it for a year.

Oud Wood is my ‘outdoor’ scent. I especially prefer it when I’m spending the day in the Red Wood forests. It has a strong medicinal note, and I tend not to enjoy its company in an enclosed space (like my cubicle).

But with lots of ‘air’, this is very energetic and uplifting. It sits on my shelf as a wild child and spends the day thumbing its nose at my heavy floral orientals and chypres. I like it,and find it works well when layered with JHAG's Citizen Queen (a rose suede composition). Something different from my usual choices!

autumn89
autumn89

The only real similarity between this and M7 is the oud note, and yes if you like one you will probably like the other, but i dont think one is a replacement for the other.

This is softer and less medicinal than M7. On my skin it dries down to almost a gourmand skin scent. Only almost though; there is too much wood there to think about eating.

Its smooth and very classy. Lasts quite well on me, maybe not as well as most other private blends. Sillage is close to the skin.

I kind of wish it had greater sillage, but i also admire its subtlety. The actual scent is utterly beautiful, and i never get bored of it. I am so pleased i have the big decanter!

Possibly my favourite fragrance ever.

One things for sure; perfume is a very expensive passion!

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

good scent, but too elvated price , if you want another famous good oudh scent, go for M7 from YSL, the noose behind it is Tom Ford too ! and it has a good price and very good scent, dark and spicy

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Oud Wood for me opens like vetivery smoky,but very light, almost unindentified.Then comes a note of sandal, but it dissapears after a few moments.Overall and at drydown you feel smokiness.It lays on skin whithout annoying it, but also since it not so strong, it not memorable at all.It need more intencity.

yvashche
yvashche

The whole line of the Private Blends by Tom Ford is disappointing. I know good oud, and though it does not appeal to many Americans, I do love it. Such perfume houses as Montale have nailed the perfect replication of the original oud oils from the Middle East, and many other perfumers have done a good job as well. Tom Ford's Oud Wood, Arabian Wood and even Bois Marocain, which is not very oudy and not meant to be, are poor imitations. They smell way too commercial and citrusy, without finesse. Skip it.

mal23
mal23

I now know I am not a fan of oud wood in colognes. However, this cologne by Tom Ford is a luxurious scent that is masculine. I want to like it but, to pay the high price tag for his scents I will not. Overall a 6/10 for a true Oriental scent.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Such a luxerious scent! This one's full of darkness, seductiveness, sexiness, and really masculin. This Oud is sweet, calm, smooth, and really invitable. Even it's considered as eau de parfum, I find this one's longevity is very so-so. Besides, Oud Wood is not interesting enough for such a crazy high price.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

Oud Wood, like the other Tom Ford Private Blends, is incredibly rich, complex and well blended. Rich wood and spice eventually gives way to amber and wonderful vetiver. At first, it is powerful - others within a few feet will notice but after about 30 minutes the sillage is down to moderate and it could be worn in an elevator. All the wood, moss, and chypre Private Blends have a similar nuance. I think they smell expensive.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Oud Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Oud Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oud Wood by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oud Wood by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.