Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Oud Wood Tom Ford for women and men

Oud Wood Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

oud

Private Blend is first and exclusive collection by Tom Ford, which includes twelve eau de parfums, each of them can be used solely or in combination with other fragrances from the collection.
Private Blend Collection was launched in 2007. The fragrances are available in 50ml and 250ml bottles.

"PRIVATE BLEND is my own scent laboratory: it's where I have the ability to create very special, original fragrances that are unconstrained by the conventions of mainstream scent-making. PRIVATE BLEND is designed with the true fragrance connoisseur n mind." Tom Ford

Agarwood (Oud) Brazilian Rosewood Cardamom Sichuan Pepper Sandalwood Vetiver Tonka Bean Vanilla Amber

Harrods Swarovski Limited Edition
Versace Pour Homme Oud Noir

Oud Wood Fragrance Reviews

musicman4931
musicman4931

I actually love this juice, second best to me behind Noir de Noir in this line. Projects pretty well and last all day when you hit clothing.

Poboijosh

I really don't have much love for this perfume, but today I decided to wear some Oud Wood which I layered with Arabian Wood, and for some odd reason, this layering effect made the Oud in Oud Wood project like crazy... I keep getting strong wafts of burning rubber and a slight fecal nuance, so I will humbly stand corrected about my previous review of Oud Wood `not` having a strong Oud presence, because today, it's almost too much... weird.

VanMarlton
VanMarlton

Private blend Oud Wood is a decent scent. I cant say it is a must own or anything of that sort, but it is quite alright. Kind of a softer type of oud fragrance (which is nice considering that many oud offerings are roaring beasts), but for me this scent doesn't have the charisma that would put in the "own" column.

I aslo imagine this as something that would result if YSL's M7 was stripped of musk and had its ambery presense toned down at least in half. I cant say for sure, but I would predict that we would get precisely TF Oud Wood.

Lastly, I get a very strong rubbery vibe, the kind of rubber that rain boots are made of. But it is definitely oud, and I have previously noticed this quality in other oud scents, although to a much lesser extent.

nayesha
nayesha

I purchased this for my bf ,he loves it and I adore ! By far the best fragrance ever made for men ! It is manly sexy and unforgettable ! The quality is high and longevity long lasting very long lasting ! It is rich well balanced !

NoirEternal
NoirEternal

Got a sample of this when I bought Black orchid at saks 5th ave.... I fell in love

I was so into black orchid I forgot I had a sample lol, I kept wondering what was that smell coming from my bag... So I wore OUD wood for a few days

Smokey woods and spices, definitely makes a statement I don't mind putting down the $300 .... Still have a lot of the sample which will last a long time due to the potency of the scent a few drops and you're a walking air freshener... So he gives out the best samples because you can get a lot of wears out if them.... Going to buy this, like Santal Blush too, and want to try Plum Japonais

colinssmith
colinssmith

As others have said, this is "sex in a bottle." It's so sensuous it will override your higher brain functions and directly activate your primordial instinct to pass on your DNA to viable offspring. By the way, the lady at the Lane Crawford counter recommended blending/layering it with Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather to give it a bit of a masculine zing. I tried it, and I have to say she knows what she's talking about.

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

very pour and rich sense of oud highly recommender for night

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

Oud is a particularly daunting note in fragrances – and this fragrance serves as a great introduction into the mysterious world of oud.

[I will be reviewing Oud Wood in the updated grey bottle. Whether or not this juice was reformulated is subject to speculation.]

Tom Ford, the purveyor of all things ‘sexy’, creates suits and ties that are known to be the paramount of luxury. Wide lapels, strong shoulders and shoes with an impressive heel are for men of power and men of opulent style. And unlike the playfulness of Hèrmes or Marc Jacobs (both fragrance and fashion-wise), Tom Ford is pure classical elegance and his fragrances reflect that without dubiousness. Tom Ford presents his own scent collection: The Private Blend.

Oud Wood, whilst marketed as a unisex fragrance, would probably sit best on a male. I envisage a man in a suit wearing this fragrance and in that respect, not just any suit, but a well-fitting suit.

This EdP is bold and mature, like a smokey liquor or a cognac and not a Midori or something sweet and childlike. In this instance the oud is blended perfectly with other ingredients, including (rose)wood, peppercorn and amber to provide an underlying smoke note.

Upfront you get the wonderfully smokey notes amongst the spice, but also this intriguing medicinal note. Whilst this is something of a paradigm in oud fragrances, I feel it is more herbal than synthetic; other than raspberry cough syrup notes which are sickly and frankly putrid; fetid, even.

The herbal note I am referring to may be due to the underlying vetiver in the composition that I profess reminds me of dried oregano. I state my incredulity because I have not read anything about an oregano note, but I swear I can smell it. It’s a notable hybrid of oregano and rosemary.

The opening is sweet yet smokey, dark yet inviting, and morishly warm; undeniably exotic thanks to the oud, rosewood and cardamon (amongst other things).

Gradually, ever so slowly, the heat and smoke of spices and woods subdues and the sweeter notes become upfront and apparent. Vanilla, sandalwood, tonka bean and honey. I detect striking similarities to YSL’s M7 Oud Absolu (which, was also conceived at the time of Tom Ford as creative director) with a mandarin/citrus note in the mix. The drydown becomes sweeter and new facets are discovered, however the valiant facet that is a dirty musk and smoke will always be present.

The oud lingers throughout the lifetime of wear, as does the vetiver. I love the idea of how a revered dark oud note coexists with the common ingredient of soapy vetiver (opposites attract, they say). I like to imagine that this fragrance is suitable for evenings in the forest or autumn grassy planes, but that would be silly, especially with such an exorbitant expected price tag.

Overall, the sillage is powerful, but not the most powerful in the private line range. The longevity of this baby will last a good 6 to 12 hours and that means less sprays and more money saved!

Tom Ford has done a magnificent job in adapting oud into a western market after it virtually not existing in any contemporary fragrances (move over Acqua di Gio- We want dark and dirty, not a watered down, ‘christmas light’ jollity of a fragrance!).

Seamlessly Mr. Ford provides a new fragrance profile for oud after it virtually being a synonymous, one sided smell, by working in tandem with the harshness of oud, not against it.

Sexy. Provocative. Voyeuristic? 4.5/5

sophywt
sophywt

It takes a long time for me to like this one, and among the serial oud scents from TF, it turns out to be the best one on my skin.

I thought Oud wood is a bit dim when I first sniffed it. Unlike other TF scents, which are often presented in a blow-into-your-face way, Oud Wood is much less loud or straightforward. The way it developes is a bit shy, vague but insistent, like the burning incense somewhere near you rather than a perfume.

Then a year ago, I met a antique furniture shop owner who collected precious wood materials including oudwood. In his shop, he showed me a piece of oudwood and burned it. The smell of burning wood suddenly remined me of TF's Oud Wood - the smell and the way it presents are so identical.

Later I tried other oud scents from TF line and other brands, they all got the typical oud characteristic smell but seldom resembles the real oud I smelled and often they smells a bit off on my skin, my skin chemistry's fault. Anyway, it makes Oud Wood really a stand out. I still don't like this one much, but now I know it's really a good one and worth a try.

Jack_Lumber
Jack_Lumber

So, as requested, back to the reason we are here, a review.

I can never understand the comparisons between Oud Wood and the original formulation of Yves Saint Laurnent’s M7. Possibly it is because both have the Oud note featured, and  that M7 was released under the creative direction of Tom Ford for YSL.

I own both of the above fragrances and find them both strikingly beautiful, yet world’s apart in their presentation of Oud. I cannot honestly say that I could categorically define what true Oud actually smells like, but rather can only assume it is the smokey, somewhat bitter, and slightly medicinal quality that I assume it to possess. Whatever the case I seem to love fragrances containing this precious fume.

Tom Ford’s Oud Wood, for me, opens with a sharp and spicy burst of boozy warmth; crisp and dry, yet sweet, resinous and thick. The rosewood and cardamom are very present at this stage, and so to is the pepper which gives a heat to the spice and wood.

As the sharpness of the pepper and rosewood subsides, the journey takes a slow, meandering wander through a cool and wet forest. Smooth and sweet, yet miles away from cloying, sandalwood and vetiver blend beautifully with subtle vanilla and amber tones to create a perfect balance of fresh salty dampness and softly sweet warmth.

This calming walk lasts for several hours, with the opaque fog cloud of Oud's back of the tongue slightly medical bitterness looming low over the forest floor for the entirety of the journey.

As with many Tom Ford fragrances, I find that throughout the ride, I am constantly treated to a resurgence of the opening notes at sporadic and unpredictable stages across the span of a single wear.

Enchanting, calming, smooth and an incredible joy to experience, Tom Ford’s Oud Wood is a perfect 10 in my book.

Gokhanburak53
Gokhanburak53

Let me praise this fragrance and get thumbs up, or tell the truth that this fragrance mediocre and make TF fans mad, cuz they pay +300$ and this stuff cant be bad, cmon man i paid over 300$ and it must be good, even if it smell bad on my skin, it must not tom ford's fault, its my skins fault, cuz this stuff is so expensive and it cant be bad. Cmon guys lets be honest, start as a designer and make some popular perfumes then decide to release average 6 perfumes every years and call it niche and collect all the money from the fans... I thought people were more clever than i know but i had mistaken, they are easily impressed by popular brands, be honest to yourselves, why are you spending you money on this fragrance? Why you say it smells good? Is it because you paid lots of money and its tom ford or is it really good?

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I love this fragrance. It is not the first Tom Ford I've tried and loved, but it's the first one I've really fallen head over heels for.

The opening is a lot more fresh than I expected---a bit like wet pine toothpicks at first (but not in a bad way!)...it softens and deepens into something spicy, rich, warm, and comforting very quickly.

Every time I've worn this I CANNOT stop smelling my wrist, and it has great sillage and longevity is 6+ hours from one spray.

Oud is my favorite note and it is definitely prominent in this, but in a very friendly, NOT HARSH way. I can smell the rosewood and vetiver, but the vetiver is also not as masculine as I'm used to, and that's a good thing. This is a soft unisex fragrance that wears well on either gender. Nothing sharp, harsh, or headache-inducing here, just a very well-blended gorgeous scent.

This is definitely full-price, full bottle worthy. I will make this one MINE someday, instead of just living off of the large decants and department store counter spritzes that have been the provider of my fix.

Yes, I'm addicted to this scent, and I don't mind admitting that.

Foxysardar
Foxysardar

Tom Ford Oud wood was my first Private Blend and it is most refined Oud fragrance which will please Western Oud taste. It is not as harsh as YSL M7 ( Specially In opening) and Vanilla/Oud Combo is perfectly blended. Its is very Linear stays almost the same through out and Spice play a good role in the backgroud

It is quite versatile as you pull this of casually as well as in Party ( My Marriage Scent) It Projects very well and you keep getting whiff of it even after 6 Hour mark. If you have to try first Oud Frag or You don't like Oud as you find medicinal then I suggest you try Oud wood . It definitely Top 3 Private Blend in the market IMO

Poboijosh

I just completely do not see why everybody is enamored `head over heels` in love with Oud Wood (?) I've worn this perfume over and over to try and get what the big deal is and understand why this is the #1 seller of the entire Private Blends line. It's okay, it smells nice, exactly like Davidoff`s Zino in part due to the overwhelmingly strong Brazilian Rosewood accord, but Oud Wood smells like Coconut suntan oil and Shea body lotion, and it's really quite Feminine if you `really` look at what this perfume delivers. I just cannot wrap my head around, or even begin to understand how this juice is a `panty dropper` that's a hairs width away from perfection... if anything, it's a dude`s `boxer-briefs` dropper because it's girly, it smells like Coconuts and body lotion that personally I would rather enjoy smelling slathered on a Girl`s nape, and yes, it's a sexy perfume with an amazing Amber drydown, but the Oud in this is so light that's it almost completely undetectable only lending a supporting role while adding body and depth to that scent pyramid, and that Royal and rotting wood makes `my own` panties drop, and I don't even wear panties! Ultimately, Oud Wood is quite descent, it smells good, but it's not a mold breaker, it smells `exactly ` like a higher quality version of Davidoff`s Zino before that juice got neutered and reformulated to the upmost hardcore, and that's an OK perfume at best that comes from a mainstream house, so... coming from a die-hard Ford fan that's just madly in love with this Private Blends line and is quite familiar from experience with other houses like Perris Monte Carlo`s `Oud Imperial ` that just reeks to high Heaven like pure Cambodian Agarwood oil that smells medicinal, band-aid-y, banyard, extremely complex with Dentist`s office funk and all, I just don't see it, because Oud Wood, although it is a pretty perfume, it's an extremely safe take on Oud. The finality being is that the voting on the notes up top is quite inaccurate. Brazilian Rosewood, Cardamom, Tonka, Vanilla, Sandalwood, Amber, Oud, Vetiver and Sichuan Pepper is what it should accurately portray...

Edit: I've finally put my finger on what the opening of this juice smells like... Comet® cleanser, the one in the green cardboard can without bleach, no joke.

Javy_Medz

Mature
Oriental

Lexxy
Lexxy

I definitely agree with the person below that said this is a "panty dropper" (so is Tuscan Leather) it's sexy and it smells expensive without being too much. What I mean by that is that sometimes "expensive" smelling fragrances can smell heavy or dated or just not sexy. Sillage and staying power is good which I would expect for the price. Although it smells masculine and manly to me I still enjoy wearing it. It smells leathery, woody, fresh, like quality and did I mention sexy? :)

sharmap14

i'm not sure what kind of drugs tom ford's been doing, but this fragrance has nothing do with oud or wood by a million light years... oud smells like cows and barnyard. this smells like cream and nuts and w.e else BUT oud. anyone looking for real OUD smell this is not it.

Jmg92
Jmg92

One of my favorite TF fragrances, this fragrance can be worn year round. 2 or 3 sprays though for hot days because it blows up in the heat. I do not necessarily agree with the people that call this scent a huge complement getter/panty dropper ect. It is not as acquired of a taste as tuscan leather, but this is still not a crowd pleasing safe fragrance. I layer it with tuscan, sometimes tobacco vanilla. The dry down is fantastic, so if you do not enjoy the opening, give it a chance. I think this scent is best used during warm days and nights, it can be a bit overbearing in the heat. Haven't really loved it in cool weather yet. Use it wisely and this stuff will perform well.

Sheks
Sheks

Absoulte luxury.... a great blend of oils.... the top note is a blend of spice and balsalm and then moves on to an aromatic oudy dry down. simply exquisite.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

A nice, non-sweet unisex frag, but I immediately think of Eau des Merveilles when I smell it. Since I already have that one, I can save myself a couple hundred bucks.

buds51
buds51

If there was one word to describe this fragrance it would be, sexy. This is a panty dropper without a doubt, so unique. It's hands down the smoothest scent i've ever smelled. Very appealing. I don't understand how anyone can dislike it. Starts off very woody and after a couple hours goes into a creamy slightly powderdy Vanilla, Tonka bean. This is my second favourite from the TF Private Blend line. (Tuscan Leather is first) The only drawback is the price.

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

I can see why some people don't like this. It is a sensual scent that is not for every one. The first time I tried it on, it immediately reminded of my twenties.
Before I went back to Law school and traded in my Husqvarna 455 for a suit and tie, I was clear cutting views in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I would come home covered in sweat, wood chips, and the faint hint of chain saw exhaust. My girlfriend would squeal as I grabbed her in my sweaty arms. She would squirm a little as though she didn't like it and then she would bury her face in my chest and breathe me in.
Once the Oud Wood dried down it reminded me of my care free twenties, of raw sawdust and sunshine. The smell is not for every one. You have to be a certain type of person to pull this off, and you have to do it with confidence. The only draw back is that this stuff is expensive and the strong, woody sex scent only lasts for about three hours and fades into a soft creamy scent. I would love this if it remained that strong woody scent the entire time.

@dlrayn
I really want to know what your smoking/snorting to think TF Oud Wood smells like a Trailer park pool party in the Appalachians.

angel57
angel57

Initially, I was a little hesitant about purchasing Oud Wood, so I purchased the body moisturizer and the sales associate was gracious enough to give me a generous sample of the fragrance as well. I love it! For me, personally, the moisturizer along with strategically placed dabs of the fragrance is perfect. It's a very warm and sensual scent on me, without being overpowering. I don't think women should shy away from it; but you must be bold and confident enough in your skin to wear it!

El Aurens
El Aurens

My personal favorite from Tom Ford. Very smooth and rich. Performs excellent in the cooler weather without ever becoming too heavy. Perfect for any nighttime or formal occasion. I also think it can be worn by some women and be very beautiful and intriguing.

dlrayrn
dlrayrn

I can only share from my own experience with any given scent. This smells to me like standing next to a public pool snack shack in the summer time. I get the very faint whiff of chlorine in the back ground, combined with coconut oil suntan lotion on warm bodies and ice creme products. The hot dogs are there as well, cooking off slowly on rollers while the concrete heats up in the summertime afternoon sun. The pool I spent the most time at was in the middle of a deciduous Pennsylvania forest nestled in an Appalachian Mountain valley. So, perhaps, the forest in the summer heat surrounding the pool adds the slight wood note in the background of my memory.
I enjoyed the nostalgia, but really don't want to smell like that to myself. I do select scents that others may enjoy (or at least not be offended by); but ultimately I wear them for myself. This fragrance is just not my cup of tea, but I can see where others would appreciate and love it. If you spent time at a similar public pool growing up, you may be nodding in agreement right now, with a slight smile.

hasanbenvidi
hasanbenvidi

سلام. بااینکه هیچ عطری رو با بویی شبیه این بو نکردم ولی همش حس میکنم این بو برام آشناست .راجع به ماندگاری محصولات تام فورد و حتمی بودن تست محصولات این برندجای بحث نیست اما نمیدونم چرا پخشش توقع آدمو براورده نمیکنه.به نظرم برای سن بالای سی مناسبتره .اولش یه مقدار سنگین وتند به نظر میاد که واقعا اینگونه نیست .ضمنا برای مراسم شب ورسمی میشه روش حساب کرد

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

This doesn't smell like oud, at all. Still, I think "Oud Wood" is a beautiful scent that balances its fresh, sweet, spicy woodiness rather brilliantly.

In fact it reminds me of a more masculine "Lumiére Blanche" by Olfactive Studio -a creamy cardamom and anise number, with sandalwood and tonka bean. "Oud Wood" is denser and more rugged thanks to the vetiver and wood notes, but it still has that mellow sweetness to give it a light, youthful, sexy appeal.

rprovenz
rprovenz

A very Sexy fragrance..The negative reviews are baffling.

jozemo
jozemo

Oud Wood is a incredibly powerfully sweet and woody scent,this juice is sexy and seductive with a sillage that lingers long after after a moderate drydown,the vetiver takes over at very end and remind you of Encre Noire,but a stronger version of it.I only recommend this scent only if you are a serious collector of luxury fragrances,it is expensive so try before you buy it.

invasion22
invasion22

I bought Tom Ford Oud Wood last week , however I have bought the Grey bottle which is supposed to be the new line from Tom Ford. Is it any different to the original one?

Pleasant perfume however silage and projection not as good as other perfumes from Tom Ford.

Belvedere
Belvedere

This is a beautiful manly scent. Even if you are not a fan of Oud this will convert you. It smells expensive but in a subtle rich way. Warm wood and amber but not heavy like some, this can be worn all day and smells just as good after 6-8 hours. I prefer this to TF Tobacco Vanille and if I put a suit on this is the first bottle I reach for.

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

TF OW is a long lasting, luxurious frag great for the office or any formal event. I have M7 and OW is completely different. I live in the southern US where it's warm 8-9 months out of the year. Does anyone wear OW in warmer climates? Other than that concern , OW is a 9/10 for me.

blueribbonbullies
blueribbonbullies

Thankful to FINALLY smell a masculine scent from Tom Ford..this however smells like pepper..same vibe I get from Versace POUR HOMME..nice scent but don't believe he hype..not worth the price..projection is average or slightly under..females will like it..but yo can get Versace POUR HOMME for way less..and possibly have better projection..not feeling it..this is my first take on it.

majecatracho
majecatracho

Original M7 is much better than this, too sweet and just disgusting.
On my skin smells like super sweet candy mixed with cleaning supplies.

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Modern, high class, elegant, woody fragrance. Awesome.

ecojoe69
ecojoe69

This stuff is amazing! As soon as I can, I am going to go back to the city and splurge.
This does something amazing on my skin. It is incredibly mellow and warm. Its not overpowering at all but leaves a long lasting tonka bean, oud, vanilla scent that REALLY works for me.
FYI, the saleswoman let me sample it to see what it would do on my skin. I looked around a bit and came back to get a sample bottle because I wanted to try it a bit more. She didn't even recognize it on my skin and said that she had never smelled it do that on anyone else.
I cannot say enough about how unique and suiting this is for me.

nero77
nero77

This is a beautiful and very romantic fragrance, very nice.

I've tried Tobacco Vanille , which I know many people love, and I love this even more. I think it's sexier. This is (arguably) worth the hype and even the price tag. It is beautiful, it's seductive, it's quality, but I find it more intimate (and definitely more sensual..) than Tobacco Vanille. I can't see how many people would dislike this. It's quite appealing.

The fragrance is based around an oud note, but I think it would be unfair to expect a loud blast of agarwood a la Arabesque, or in real Arabian style. No. This is Oud for western sensibilities, almost tuned down for people who don't like loud, in-your-face oud. To be honest, I don't expect this to be loud, it's very subtle, very sensual, and very sexy. It sits very close to the skin and doesn't project so far, so it's more of a scent that people who come up really close to you will go "wow, you smell incredible" kind of thing.

What I like about this is that it isn't your average rose/oud combination, it's oud but done with tonka bean, lavish vanilla, sandalwood and amber, coupled with a beautiful, beautiful rosewood note. I do recommend this one a lot. The only drawbacks in my opinion would be the projection. It's an Eau de Parfum and it sits very close to the skin. But, it's not one to announce your presence, it's an experience to share with that special person in your life, when they are close enough to smell and feel the warmth of your skin. It's a "melt in your arms" kind of scent.

In one word? Romantic.

Worth it? I think so... just really nice stuff.

Ronson9
Ronson9

I find that the Original M7 Brown Bottle is really much better than this.
This is synthetic while M7 first formula smells like the real oud oil. M7 is the father of all the perfumes Oud. And M7 is always a scent by Tom Ford (when he was director of YSL).
;)

K1
K1

Personally I love this scent cause it's lighter to me than many of the rest of this line. Especially sweetness is so balanced and controlled but not in Arabian Wood for instance.
All I acquire in Oud Wood is initial odor that plays till the end strongly. Oud and woody dry tones all the way dark and mesmerizing. Having this sillage monster item among your collection even if your not an oud lover or an oriental lover, is an honor cause this ultra-chic talks about style and taste.

Kain
Kain

This is a great and classy masculine fragrance and I like it so much.
The opening is a really rich and bold, but at the same time non aggressive combination of oud, brazilian rosewood, some spices and a little bit of sweetness.
The oud note smell really good, oily and quality.
There is brazilian rosewood as well that give the scent a sharp and semi fresh woody feeling.
There are some spices and some sweetness from amber but they are mostly in the background.
Something that I really love about the scent is the balance of the notes. just masterfully done by Tom Ford.
In the mid and base I can smell a beautiful creamy sandalwood mixed with some oud and rosewood.
Longevity is great and projection is good.
It's not something very unique and different but amazing quality and great balance of the notes is the reason why you're paying this price.

یه عطر بسیار شیک و خوشبو و مردانه که شخصا از بوی بسیار عالی اش خیلی لذت بردم
رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی چوب عود و رز وود و مقداری رایحه های شیرین و ادویه ای شروع میشه
رایحه عود خیلی خوشبو و باکیفته و حس روغنی مانند داره
رایحه چوب رز وود یه حس چوبی تند و تیز ولی در عین حال کمی شاداب و جالب به عطر میده
رایحه های شیرین و ادویه ای هم بصورت خیلی ملایم در حاشه قرار دارن و عمق و کاراکتر بیشتری به عطر میدن
با گذر زمان تمامی رایحه ها ملایمتر میشن و حالا میشه بوی نیمه شیرین و خامه ای مانند چوب سندل و کهربا رو حس کرد که کمی رایحه عود و رز وود باهاش ترکیب شدن
کیفیت رایحه های مورد استفاده عالیه و بالانس بی نظیر بین رایحه های عطر حاکی از هنر عطرساز هست
پخش بوی این عطر نسبتا خوبه ولی ماندگاریش عالیه
در مجموع بوی عطر خیلی خاص و متفاوت نیست ولی کیفیت بسیار خوب و بالانس عالی بین رایحه ها چیزیه که شما براش باید هزینه کنین و به این راحتی ها بدست نمیاد

chanakya
chanakya

Is it just me or does anyone else think this one smells like coconut oil too??? I just cant get over the coconut note whenever i wear this..was more than glad to give it to a friend, since it wasn't a big bottle. :-)
I envy all you guys who found this sexy, seductive, masculine and all..someone even said this smells like sex! You lucky buggers!!! ;-)

Wise-222

This perfume is so comfortable, quiet and dominated by wealth and greatness very stately and harmonious in its components and tempted him,you will love day after day. Tom Ford from the designers who have a smart sense of smell to distinguish between high-end and the smell of traditional
In this fragrance, which i purchased the five times and
i can't stop sniff it till this day.

wesleyhclark

Smelled on a paper strip: Nice, but somewhat indifferent. It didn't make much of an impression on me. My take on what I've smelled from these newer Tom Ford scents in the smoky bottles is that Tobacco Oud is the star, but I need to wear a sample of this for a day.

----------

Update

I'm not sure I get this one at all. It's just kind of... BLAH. It doesn't smell woody to my nose as much as it smells faintly of tobacco notes. It doesn't seem to evolve much, either - it seems quite linear. One reviewer detected a sort of coconut oil... I'm almost getting that, but this really doesn't smell like anything I'm familiar with. As for an oud scent, okay, this smells like a first or second cousin to a bottle of oud attar I once smelled, but, once again, it doesn't strike me as remarkable in any way.

This is not one of the stars of the Tom Ford line up as far as I'm concerned. I like Tobacco Vanille, Oud Tobacco, Tuscan Leather and Italian Cypress best.

Oud Wood seems to have little sillage on me and longevity is disappointing.

kinetisphere
kinetisphere

oud is such an unusual additive to any fragrance.
i have read both negative and positive reviews on this specific fragrance. it's so strange yet i am glad we all have our own minds and thoughts to add here.

"the review"

when oud is done right it comes out classy and sophisticated. i get a soft and sensual woody smell when i apply this. it is not {to my nose} medicinal and very pleasing. i get a little pepper in the scent for the first hour then it drifts off into a classy vanilla and tonka scent. clean,elegant,classy and sophisticated.

i do find it doesn't project as long as i would expect from a parfum. but it does last quite some time as a skin scent.

this is one of those fragrances that i can associate with an image and i see... a man with charisma and class in a black suit with a white shirt. no tie no vest and very casual yet sophisticated.. someone who exudes confidence... this is a fragance that say i'm the $h!t. for me when i have worn it. only twice now. it makes me feel more confident in myself.

isn't that the objective and what we all want in a fragrance? something that makes us feel better about our self and blends well with who we are as a person.

sillage to me is on the lower side.
longevity is fair. {i do expect more from a parfum}
quality is fair also. {i expect more for the price}

with that said if this projected better and lasted a little longer for the price i would give it a 10!

but as it stands i say 7 out of 10.

this is my review and just my opinion.
i hope you enjoyed it.
thank you.

Jean B Grenouille
Jean B Grenouille

The new body lotion is amazing!

Ditta70
Ditta70

Just like all other TF's: great (or in this case rather OKish) beginning, terribly disappoining dry-down.

houstcs

I just wanted to add a short update from a premature and slightly immature post from before. I found, as usual, wearing this on my wrist a few times was a totally different experience from wearing this a full day on my skin. This scent is beautiful, wonderful longevity and projection. That being said, I know find it very similar to the newest production of m7.

sharmap14

It really disturbs me as to how similar this smells to armani attitudes opening. And I feel like its been reformulated

Whit
Whit

After buying this and wearing it a couple times, I've come to the conclusion that oud just doesn't work with my skin. For some reason or another, it turns oud into a raging synthetic composition that's LOUD, which is annoying for me. I should've loved this one and I wanted to very badly, but I just can't deal with what my skin turns this fragrance into. I got awesome sillage, probably because my skin likes to amplify oud times a million, but it's too much for me. The longevity was decent as well, but this one is already packaged back up and going to be returned.

Sorry Tom Ford, it's not you, it's me (seriously)!

ateghipc
ateghipc

I loved this for a while, but after sniffing more ouds, I've definitely come back to this one thinking it odd compositionally. It's less "oud" like than other ouds in the sense that oud has been domesticated here, but the consequence of this is a fragrance that just smells medicinal. Eventually the tonka warms it and creates something interesting, but that takes a couple hours, and by that point it's a skin scent. Projection on this was good but longevity was subpar for a tom ford (still good though).

$$

Very nice 1 ov my favorites.I noticed a distinct smell of coconut in the dry down behind the vanilla which smells freekn awesome.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Like all Tom Ford private blends the ingredients for Oud Wood are well blended with such seamless precision and so very smooth.
Such a restrained,(yet powerful)classy and regal Oud.
I get a slight medicinal note which gives it almost a menthol like quality.
Beautifully warm thanks to the blending of vanilla and amber and smells expensive like all Private Blends.
Not my favourite TF but I will enjoy my sample while it lasts.More suited for autumn and winter.

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

I've heard a lot about this fragrance not living up to its price. It does. It's important to remember when judging that this perfume is only one in a line of many that have been produced to be mixed matched and played with. Without a doubt all good perfumes should be able to stand on their own, however the PRIVATE BLEND brothers and sisters bear a heavier burden of responsibility than other fragrances do. They have to balance out each others strengths and weaknesses, remain neutral and yet be enticing enough to be independently marketable on their own. If you make a perfume with the intent of blending, a certain amount of give and take is inevitable. Oud Wood seems to have been able to walk that tightrope successfully.

It is smooth well rounded and by no means overbearing. It's perfect for the fall, for the office, and for a time you know someone will be just close enough to catch a waft of it rising from your collar. If you enjoy this subtlety or are willing to adopt a brother or sister or two from the line to keep him company then Oud Wood is for you.

A large dose can neutralize the sharp edges of Noir de Noir. A small dose of Tobacco Vanille accentuates Oud Wood's already present sweetness and packs enough of a punch for those of us who like our fragrances announce us before we walk into a room.

But if you want something strong and loud, something that's not so much about balance and harmony as it is about making a statement, then you should probably look somewhere else.

christianne1
christianne1

Wow, this is stunning...deep, dark and mysterious...very exotic scent. Mmmm! Has a leathery smell to it although it isn't listed. I absolutely love this but feel it may be a bit too masculine for me personally but I am certainly going to enjoy my decant! Who knows, I may end up with a full bottle, I tend to surprise myself. But this is an incredible fragrance and I think if I smelled this on a man I would follow him home, hide in his bushes and peep in his windows. :)

Description from another site:

"Exotic rose wood and cardamom, blended with exuberant Chinese pepper, envelop the wearer in warmth. Eventually, the center exposes a smoky blend of rare oud wood, sandalwood and vetiver. Finally, the creamy scents of tonka bean, vanilla and amber are revealed."

Notes: cardamom, pepper, rosewood, sandalwood, vetiver, oud, amber, tonka bean, vanilla.

EDIT: After wearing this all day, it's not too masculine at ALL. Totally unisex. Had a stranger at the post office ask what I was wearing. That always delights me. Yes, this is totally going on the want list. :)

Oud Wood:
Rare. Exotic. Distinctive. One of the most rare, precious, and expensive ingredients in a perfumer’s arsenal, oud wood is often burned in the incense filled temples of Bhutan. Exotic rose wood and cardamom give way to a smoky blend of rare oud wood, sandalwood and vetiver. Tonka bean and amber add warmth and sensuality
i m so happy that he brings the body line of it. can't wait to get my hands on it. love the scent . suggest you try you won't be disappointed if you like out.

This review is only a draft due to only having tried this once and not reaching any firm conclusions...this is my gut reaction.
Been looking forward to getting my hands on this for a while now and despite the Oud trend in the perfumary business for the past several years I've yet to find one (at least with Oud in the name) to blow me away.
My hopes were high...but sadly were dashed when I tried it. I have yet to give it a fair run but I found it to be dark and harsh in the opening.
No denying it's a wonderful smell, Luxurious and refined but do I want wear it on my skin...Not right now...the jury is out.
I can't believe my reaction to this as a lot of Oud's are too subdued for me but this one goes a little too far.

Update: Okay so my original views on this are fundamentally the same I'm not really a fan of Oud wood. As for it having a 'dark & harsh opening' I think what I meant was a sharp opening which is more accurate. Oud wood is such a straight forward name that it makes you think you're maybe going to get something of an authentic Oud experience...In my opinion, you don't! I'll give it this it's unique, strong & long lasting. So an okay fragrance that is wearable but a little grating on me after a while and I certainly don't understand all the praise it gets.

al.to
al.to

funny censored my opinion..

Filetoui
Filetoui

Go easy with it and let it dry down. If you're a wood fan like me you will like this one. I wear it to sleep most of the time with a small dab on both wrists. Best for night-time apply once on each side of the neck and light across both writs, stay away from your nose or chest with this one.

UPDATE: after wearing this for a week I'll say it's not as big as I thought. It draws attention and almost has a leather jacket tint to it. You'll get head turns and people are almost hesitant to ask what you're wearing. I think it stuns them a little. This ones forever!

samatl74
samatl74

I ordered a sample of this on line because of all the hype it was in the reviews and on YouTube. All I can say is WOW. This is one of those frags that you should wear to create a memory with someone you care about. It has this damp aquatic wood smell that pleases the nose as water quenches the thirst. Its a high quality smell that is sure to please and ignite a smile to anyone who smells it. It's a rich scent that doesn't cloy. Perfect silage and masterfully crafted. Unique in every way. It's described as unisex however I think it is a perfect masculine fragrance.

marekkalinowski

sexy, dark ,sexy dark ......luxurious and naughty a bit dirty. It is mind blowing scent. can't live without it. Love the 5 min 1hr, 3hr 7hr, . lasts forever and its good all the way. wify loves it too.

peacelovecola13
peacelovecola13

I really love to smell it but ts too masculine for me to wear which sucks but I really love the smell

Lucy Peach
Lucy Peach

I have tried this several times and it's such a rich potent blend. Woody, spicy and intense! It smells expensive, it is expensive. Too heavy a scent for me at the moment but I might re-consider buying it later in the year when I need warming up!

CocoKat
CocoKat

I tried this on the advise of another fragrantician.

Stunning! Pure purrfection...soft, buttery, lightly spiced and feminine on my skin. Ladies, don't be afraid of this one. Oud Wood gave my man Wood! LOL

annahaener
annahaener

AMAZING perfume!!! Everytime I smell it on my skin it feels like im in the dark forest after rain and some sweet flowers r blooming near:) looove it:)

GMK
GMK

Another confused offering from the indifferent genius who has put a lot of concentration while working for others.

There is a very mild hint of oud in Oud wood which would have been very clear and better if the tonka was not amplified. any ways better for those who want to spend huge amount on this ordinary juice.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

A rather familiar rendition of its' title " Oud Wood". Oud coupled with a creamy sandlewood. It's been done before with Montale's Dark Aoud and even better by Dior Leather Oud.

With Montale now watering down their juices Oud Wood might seem more attractive to an Oud lover but IMO you can find better juice for less and still be in niche territory.

Mild sillage/lasting power.

augustobt
augustobt

I like it, but I feel this one is really overpriced. It's good, but not $200 good.

houstcs

Wanted to love this, but I will find myself preferring to reach for m7 oud absolu first. In fact, this doesn't smell much different to me than a 7$ bottle of an oud fragrance I purchased on accident. Still wonderful, but maybe over priced because its tom ford.

Update: this is much better after a few wears, not close to the random 7$ oud scent I purchased. However, cartier essence de bois may be a bit more my taste with the violet oud complexity.

jtd

Oud tends to be the gorilla in the room in a fragrance. Oud being both potent and distinctive, the challenge is how to make an oud-centric perfume fundamentally different than any other.  This is a problem for all perfume producers, not just Tom Ford.  Oud is the It-Girl still, and here lies the other problem.  The oud trend has been going on for long enough that its moment is getting a little long in the tooth.  The smart niche companies that were touting oud for the past 4-5 years are moving on, but the high end designer lines (Dior,Versace, Armani) and the niche lines that don’t see themselves as niche lines but (trumpets...) Houses (Killian, Kurkdjian) missed the memo.  My point is not at all that the perfumes are bad, but that seeing the trend as a function of marketing, the glass house of exclusivity and taste is looking a little fragile. All the $200-$500 exclusive ouds are competing with each other, but they’re also competing with much less expensive, well-made oud perfumes also available.  Exclusivity is a fiction that style-merchants are constantly busting their asses to maintain, and the market is famously fickle.  My bet is that the oud star is falling.

An large part of the above scenario is price.  Rare Vietnamese oud, ancient Cambodian treasured oud...  You’ve never heard anyone refer to rare ethylmaltol, and for good reason.  Where is all this oud coming from?  Oud isn’t quite ambergris, whose formation is measured in decades to centuries, but you don’t plant it one season and harvest it the next.  As with every other quality of smell that we refer to in perfume, oud, the note, and oud, the material are not the same thing.  A product that is much more expensive than its direct competitors (a $400 by Killian perfume v. a $100 Parfumerie Generale perfume) require a certain justification, and whether the company is Chanel or Whole Foods, the rare sourcing of botanical components is the contemporary grail of sophistication among the consumer.  Ivory, gems, elephant skin, milk fed veal.  The exclusivity of Empire has given way to exclusivity AND ethics.  ‘Please don’t spill your acai martini on my ipe wood floor and cause a stain.  Though it’s sustainably grown, I’ve spent years monitoring the webcast of the organic, high altitude farm where I commissioned its growth.  Don’t put me through THAT again.”

And here we have oud.  All the sophistication of ambergris, none of the ethical indecision.  We’re perfect prey for the oud-mongers.

Tom Ford’s Oud Wood starts out much like many other eponymous oud perfumes I’ve smelled, but from the very outset has a quality of softened edges and rounded tones. [ Caveat:  I don’t have much of a nose or mind for dissecting the notes in oud, although I’ve smelled many oud perfumes.  I’ve even had the opportunity, thanks to a friend sharing his stash, of doing a comparison sniffing of a number of quality pieces of Vietnamese and Cambodian oud wood whose very specific provenances were know by the person who collected them.]

This is a perfume that makes me question the difference between modulating something very particular and strong (oud), and going mainstream.  At all points in Oud Wood’s progression it reads as within normal limits, a nursing expression used to describe a quantity not low and not high.  Within normal limits: is that the goal?  If so, it’s achieved.  This fragrance would appeal to a large population, perfume fans and otherwise.  Normally I would deride a goal of normalcy-above-all-else, but Oud Wood is wonderfully constructed, and despite the oud name, is a principally woody fragrance that modulates sweetness, smokiness, firmness and softness.  It’s blended but specific, and smells like an imagined wood in the way that an abstract floral fragrance like Heeley’s Ophelia or the classic Patou Joy suggests an idealized flower.

Does Oud Wood have all the brutal smokiness, bitterness, and slap-in-the-face often associated with oud?  No, but I find this modulated quality refreshing given the ‘my oud’s bigger than your oud’ competitiveness that characterized some oud fragrances released around the time of Oud Wood (2007).  The most appealing use of oud in a perfume is to make it a note among many (ie. Guerlain Habit Rouge edp).  Perfumer Richard Herpin pushes oud more to the center of the stage than this, but applies moderation deliberately to the composition and gives us the subtle but forthright Oud Wood.

from scent hurdle.com

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

Close your eyes. Inhale. That is the smell of eminence.

SPELL-BOUNDING
BEWITCHING
PARALYZING
TRANSFIXING
ENCHANTING.

This fragrance is what ancient Persia SHOULD have smelt like.

kazewayz

@ZHABEYCH622 You my friend have a great nose. Touche.

ZHABEYCH622
ZHABEYCH622

I agree!!! Im not a big fan of oud scents myself but this has a projection that will take your breath away.. Definetley a night scent with a sexy touch to it.. I highly recommend this one!! MAGNIFICENT!!!

kazewayz

This has got to be my favorite oud scent. And is simply because the oud is barely noticable, it is there but hiding beneath the surface, lingering in the background. This is spicy, warm, sweet, woody, powdery. A delicious perfume. Sticks close to the skin. Quality all the way. Well blended. Excelent for night time. Unisex? Yes. Try it.

Taskphorce
Taskphorce

I just received my 1.7 oz bottle of Tom Ford Oud Wood today in the mail and I am impressed and excited. I'm fairly new to oud fragrances but I'm curious and will be purchasing Creed Royal Oud and M7 by Yves Saint Laurent soon. As a fragrance connoisseur, I am always relentlessly researching and pursuing fragrances in hope of finding one that I'm intrigued by. Tom Ford Oud Wood ranks currently in my top three niche fragrances. I sprayed it on before work and immediately felt compelled to get on Fragrantica and review this fragrance. In my opinion, the notes smell of exotic spice and wood, some hint of leather, light incense and vanilla, and the projection is powerful and masculine although it is versatile and understandably, it can be worn by a female. After about an hour, the sillage began to settle however the scent is still rather pungent and continuing to radiate off of me. I am kind of trigger happy with the sprayer and perhaps I went overboard with it today but I'm delighted that almost three hours into wearing it, this fragrance is holding its weight. Even though it is recommended for fall/winter, one could successfully pull this off in warmer weather only because it isn't loud, overbearing, or offensive....Overall, I'm beyond pleased and I highly recommend this to any connoisseur's collection.

UPDATE:
My 8 hour shift is almost over and Oud Wood is still projecting off of me like a BEAST!!! This is a keeper...Very rich intoxicating dry down that hasn't altered much...in fact I really enjoy both, the initial application and the drydown...This has "elegance" and "class" written all over it!

lloydbruno
lloydbruno

I found it well balanced between oud, vanilla and woody notes, I could not distinguish the spices in it, maybe the next time I can.

In the top notes the oud is very evident, but it is not as powerful as I thought it would be the name, it fades slowly, perhaps not spray on my skin and he was very shy, and I have to approach the pulse of the nose to feel it, perhaps also by the lack of spray.

But these are details, and none of these details disparage the quality of the perfume is well-crafted and balanced.

jtd

Oud tends to be the gorilla in the room in a fragrance that uses it as the principle note. Oud being both potent and distinctive, the challenge is how to make an oud-centric perfume fundamentally different than any other. This isn’t only Tom Ford’s challenge. Oud is the It-Girl still, and here lies the other problem. The oud trend has been going on for long enough that its moment is getting a little long in the tooth. The smart niche companies that were touting oud for the past 4-5 years are moving on, but the high end designer lines (Dior,Versace, Armani) and the niche lines that don’t see themselves as niche lines but (trumpets...) Houses (Killian, Kurkdjian) missed the memo. My point is not at all that the perfumes are bad, but that seeing the trend as a function of marketing, the glass house of exclusivity and taste is looking a little fragile. All the $200-$500 exclusive ouds are competing with each other, but they’re also competing with much less expensive, well-made oud perfumes also available. Exclusivity is a fiction that style-merchants are constantly busting their asses to maintain, and the market is famously fickle. My bet is that the oud star is falling.

An large part of the above scenario is price. Rare Vietnamese oud, ancient Cambodian treasured oud... You’ve never heard anyone refer to rare ethylmaltol, and for good reason. Where is all this oud coming from? Oud isn’t quite ambergris, whose formation is measured in decades to centuries, but you don’t plant it one season and harvest it the next. As with every other quality of smell that we refer to in perfume, oud, the note, and oud, the material are not the same thing. A product that is much more expensive than its direct competitors (a $400 by Killian perfume v. a $100 Parfumerie Generale perfume) require a certain justification, and whether the company is Chanel or Whole Foods, the rare sourcing of botanical components is the contemporary grail of sophistication among the consumer. Ivory, gems, elephant skin, milk fed veal. The exclusivity of Empire has given way to exclusivity AND ethics. ‘Please don’t spill your acai martini on my ipe wood floor and cause a stain. Though it’s sustainably grown, I’ve spent years monitoring the webcast of the organic, high altitude farm where I commissioned its growth. Don’t put me through THAT again.”

And here we have oud. All the sophistication of ambergris, none of the ethical indecision. We’re perfect prey for the oud-mongers.

Tom Ford’s Oud Wood starts out much like many other eponymous oud perfumes I’ve smelled, but from the very outset has a quality of softened edges and rounded tones. [ Caveat: I don’t have much of a nose or mind for dissecting the notes in oud, although I’ve smelled many oud perfumes. I’ve even had the opportunity, thanks to a friend sharing his stash, of doing a comparison sniffing of a number of quality pieces of Vietnamese and Cambodian oud wood whose very specific provenances were know by the person who collected them. I tend to take oud in as a whole. It’s a lovely, sensual experience. But in my case it also means I’m not much of an analyst.]

This is a perfume that makes me question the difference between modulating something very particular and strong (oud), and going mainstream. At all points in Oud Wood’s progression it reads as within normal limits, a nursing expression used to describe a quantity not low and not high. Within normal limits: is that the goal? If so, it’s achieved. This fragrance would appeal to a large population, perfume fans and otherwise. Normally I would deride a goal of normalcy-above-all-else, but Oud Wood is wonderfully constructed, and despite the oud name, is a principally woody fragrance that modulates sweetness, smokiness, firmness and softness. It’s blended but specific, and smells like an imagined wood in the way that an abstract floral fragrance like Heeley’s Ophelia or the classic Patou Joy suggests an idealized flower.

Does Oud Wood have all the brutal smokiness, bitterness, and slap-in-the-face often associated with oud? No, but find this modulated quality refreshing given the ‘my oud’s bigger than your oud’ competitiveness that characterized some oud fragrances released around the time of Oud Wood (2007). The most appealing use of oud in a perfume is to make it a note among many (ie. Guerlain Habit Rouge edp). Perfumer Richard Herpin pushes oud more to the center of the stage than this, but applies moderation deliberately to the composition and gives us the subtle but forthright Oud Wood.

from scenthurdle.com

aeg8193
aeg8193

Had a 0.5ml sample of this. I have over a hundred samples and I usually test out a couple on my hands each day, but this was the only one I used for about two weeks until it was gone. I just couldn't help putting little dabs on my hand constantly throughout the day. Absolutely addicting scent.

I now have a bottle and wow i just can't get enough. I got bored with my fragrance collecting / sampling, became a bit repetitive, and now that I have this in my collection I don't really feel the need to own anymore bottles or test anymore out. This does everything I want. Light, pleasing, inviting, comforting, versatile, unique, super sexy.

Dosnt last too long (just carry a decant) and stays close, but my goal is not to overpower a room to get a compliment. My goal is to get someone in close to give a compliment. Cos once theyre in close they're staying in close ;)

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

you know this smell in the air when you walk outside your house first thing on a calm early Spring morning, after it has rained all night? Wet earth, wet asphalt, stillness in the air and a certain sweet woodiness coming from the trees that have finally received the most needed rain to give a final push to their emerging leave buds?

That is what I get from Oud Wood.

I know fragrances are very suggestive based on your environment, so someone living in let's say, Mexico, would get a different morning "rain scent", so I wanted to add that I live in western Canada near the Rocky Mountains. I smell rain in this like I smelled rain in Demeter's thunderstorm. But Demeter's fragrance was all about the wet dusty concrete and Tom Ford is about the whole scenery around you. Definitely a rainy day perfume for me as of now.

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

ToFo PB Oud Wood: right out of the bottle, incredible scent, a tad medicinal but that goes away almost immediately. Then the lovely but very light wood smell wafting with vetiver and vanilla. Absolutely beautiful, and instead of thinking of this as a projector scent, I felt enveloped in this most beautiful aroma. For me, this stayed pretty linear: wood, vanilla, sandlewood and a dash of pepper.

The bad news was that this scent dried down in a matter of minutes and stayed so close to the skin. Every so often it would waft up for the briefest of seconds, but an incredible scent. The wood is one of the lightest I've experienced in a wood scent. Perfect for those who like wood scents but get overpowered by them after a while. I am so jealous of the reviewers who say Tom Ford's fragrances are "powerhouses" and last so long. Not on my skin. I felt same with Black Violet, which I loved. That too, while lasting a bit longer, also dried down very fast.

So far, Tom Ford's fragrances for me are envelopers. It's very personal, you get enveloped by them, they do not project out. I loved Oud Wood but would never purchase this, because of terrible projection and sillage, and the price does not merit the product. I really feel so strongly that his products would last so much better if they were oils. The scents remind me of oils I wore as a hippie. Hey ToFo come out with a line of oils - now THOSE would last (and last, and last).

BTW: if any reviewers know of any outlet to get finely developed oils, please post. and Thank You.

al1nonly

I have a bottle of this 3.4 90% box and included, send me a Private Msg to do business.

wesleyhclark

A lovely oud scent! This smells linear to me, that is, the top, middle and base notes all smell pretty much of oud wood.

While this Tom Ford oud scent is wonderful, I prefer Creed's Royal Oud, which seems richer and deeper. It's divine, that's the only way I can describe it. You smell it and cannot be kept from uttering "Mmmmmm." The first time I smelled it was kind of like the first time I bit into a prime rib: a sensory milestone.

This product seems to be a bit underpowered; it fades fast on me. Not much sillage, either.

Mr. TomFordHermessence
Mr. TomFordHermessence

This fragrance belongs in every cologne collection. It is timeless and expensive. You get what you are paying for with Tom Ford Oud Wood. A middle-eastern coworker walked up to me as he was finishing his night shift work assignment, and said good morning he then ask where did I find my oud oil? I told him its a cologne by tom ford and then he said it smells like the best oud I came across. Another coworker thats middle eastern and she's a nurse said I like your oud fragrance... its very lovely. It put a smile on my face cause it had already been over 11hours since i applied it in the early morning and it still a nice soft warm linger. Not nearly as when its first sprayed, but certainly a nice drydown which was impressive.

careless86
careless86

the best oud wood perfume ever

sotiriosc
sotiriosc

I was so excited when I learned about Tom Ford, hoping it would be as comparable to some of the other fragance houses I have been introduced to. I was at the counter and being a respected customer, I was asked which fragrances I liked to get samples for. This was one of them.

My personal view is that although oud is placed on a pedastal here. The fragrance was nothing special. Not that I am neieve enough to expect to be blown away. I was just looking for something that makes my wrist move towards my nose more often, appriciating the fragrance. This never happend. Also it is not a versitile fragrance. To each, his nose. I mean own.

Sandeep_nandy1
Sandeep_nandy1

Unique, never smell anything close to it... unisex, sweety, spicy and oud. sexy, masculine , mouth watering...

al1nonly

I bought this scent and is a B. Longevity and sillage are poor as can be, wish i could get a refund for this price.

herreroph
herreroph

Smells so nice.

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

A nice fragrance although the oud is too weak to my taste. It reminded me of some Japanese incense sachet made for scenting Kimono.

Bbjr
Bbjr

This one and Byredo Accord Oud are the top oud frags. Period

steve0580
steve0580

Speechless.

This is the best cologne I've ever smelled.

jpinson
jpinson

A rare thing amongst the PBs in that it simply does not last on my skin. Such a shame as I love the smell.

Nichehead
Nichehead

Oud Wood is like that warm hug from your favorite aunt or grandma; It's comforting, warming, calming and unique. Something you almost long for and can't wait to experience again and again. I suggest getting your nose on Oud Wood and trying it on your skin!

sultan100
sultan100

this is the best oud ever andi dont then ther any 1will do any thing like this woooooow , m from saudi and we know what oud and mixedoud smell and tom he did it right

flashax
flashax

This is PERFECTION! i LOVE this fragrance!

I love most of the Tom Ford fragrances actually but this one just clicked with me.

It smells sophisticated, sexy, dark, strong (but not overpowering) and so expensive (aside from the price tag)

I would drink in this stuff if i could! <3

Airlies
Airlies

Yet another winner from Tom Ford. It is especially wonderful when blended with another "woody" cologne of your own choosing. As I was informed by a sales person at Saks Fifth Avenue the trend is to create one's own fragrance by blending your favourites (not more than two and tested by oneself prior to wearing in public). I became a fan of the Private Blend fragrances by Tom Ford several years ago and my opinion has not changed; whoever creates these for him is a genius.

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Where do I start, Dreamy !!! Let's begin with the fact that this is another Tom Ford MASTERPIECE, along with Tobacco Vanille respectfully!! This frag for some reason is flying stealth under the radar but lemme tell ya it packs a nuclear blast type of pleasure sensory overload to ur nose!! The oud and Tonka bean blend together so well and smoothly.. Its one of the sexiest, creamiest, keep smelling ur wrists, epitome of style fragrances.. Highly recommended, and will almost guarantee the women won't keep their noses off of you..

judyk
judyk

Oooo, this is lovely! Squeaky, medicinal oud (How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...) supported but not overshadowed by savoury woods.

But could my sample be watered down? It only lasts a few minutes on my skin and then fades to a whisper. :(

baldheadjim
baldheadjim

Dark and sweet opening that develops into a luxurious woody blend that makes ladies purr "Ohh that smells so good". Softly radiates about 2-3 feet without cloying. Glad I bought the large bottle!

$$

Damn this is not like me i must admit i slept on the oud wood lol! I just smelled this at neiman marcus a couple days ago what planet was i on???!!! TF OUD has a sharp woody scent which last for a long time then it turns a bit softer into a coconutty,vanilla almost milk flavor.But to keep it a 100 i just started getting into oud. Any who i think this is the second best oud fragrance out there behind mason francis kurkdjian oud.Im starting to stand out with these oud scents than a dude wearing some wack polo cologne.TF OUD is unique and women with class see that. On the real your cologne is a reflection of you,you should always want to stand out from the rest and TF OUD does it for me.

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This is not particularly heavy on the oud, for instance when compared with Montales. However its many other ingredients such as the vanilla and sandalwood do indeed give it an almost dessert-y bent, but a dessert sprinkled with pepper! I found it to dry down very quickly into a soapy washing-up detergent smell, not to my liking at all. This is a Tom Ford I will pass up.

magicnose
magicnose

This is undoubtably a superb fragrance, but personally I find the first two hours of very strong milky oud not quite to my personal taste. Once the oud dies down a bit I like it a lot more. I get a very strong pepper note with this one, and it reminds VERY much of Hermes Poivre Samarcande. I think I prefer Poivre Samarcande though - because I'm just not a fan of the sweet milkiness of oud. I like my woods "savoury".

diorshowman
diorshowman

One of the top fragrances in my collection and one of the VERY BEST from the Tom Ford Private Blend Line. Im not even going to talk about the Oud aspect of this fragrances because it really does not smell like Oud...that is if you compare this to Montale ouds. I'll just say this is one of the sexiest fragrances of all time and I dont care what anyone says about it. Im a guy and to me even if this isn't a "panty dropper" I will personally buy some panties, wear them myself, and then drop them myself. Why are you still reading this and not at the Tom Ford counter????

Longevity:B+
Projection:B+
Uniqueness:A
Versatility:B
OVERALL: A+

PS. I just sprayed some more on my arm and I cant stop crying. It's SOOOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trixiedelacroix
trixiedelacroix

I love this fragrance. It you could marry a scent we'd throw some things in the back of a convertible, drive to Vegas and make it official. That said, and perhaps someone could help me out with this, It does not last. You have about two hours three tops before it goes away. One of my friends returned it to Neiman's as a result. Even if you apply it liberally. For the price it should do a load of whites and darks for me or at the very least, last until I get to work. Does anyone know of a similar fragrance that lasts without being overwhelming?

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

One of the best scents out there. Its sexual despite being overpowering. Its warm and polite. Oud combination made in heaven. So sensual, appealing, soft but with a character. Great for blending and by itself. For those people who like Oud well blended with tonka bean, rosewood and vanilla . Don't see any similarities with YSL M7. 2 different scents. OW is a must have.

catfishy
catfishy

I don't know how oud wood smells by itself,but in this blend the cardamom I can definitely feel and it is strong.Overall nice, but a little sharp.

Oh my, with all due respect, I can't help but think that people who say this smells sharp and medicinal haven't smelled many oud perfumes. Sharp and medicinal is JHAG's Midnight Oud--ick! And synthetic! Tom Ford's is velvety smooth, probably the least medicinal of the ouds I've encountered.

It's a soft, creamy oud, heavy on amber, and sweetened with a bit of vanilla. What drives me bonkers about Oud Wood is the use of cardamom. How did Tom Ford know that cardamom is my weakness, lol?!

This perfume is mysterious and beautiful on me, but I would really enjoy the smell of Oud Wood on a sexy man as well!

xabaras
xabaras

Beautiful! Amazing! Special! It's woody, slightly smoky, and warm. It's like being wrapped in a hug that never ends. And inside that hug you feel safe, sexy, enchanted, perfectly at ease. I absolutely agree that it's a kind of scent that you should try before buying : it's either you love it to bits or you hate it with a passion. And be careful if you tend to love flowery and fruity fragrances: it might shock you.
I'm trying to decide if I'd dare wearing it everyday without making people around me faint... :)

CDGfan

Amazing fragrance, it smells just like Indian rice pudding "Kheer" , a milky concoction of saffron, cardomom, rose essence , milk and rice. Anyone who has smelt Kheer will agree.

Wise-222

Tom ford you are a mad man from where

Did you bring this idea which is "oud and cardamom"

Very luxury and vague at same time this the fact.

Well done 10/10

panda0410
panda0410

Just got this recently and wearing for a while now. It opens with a sharp medicinal quality that is overtly obtrusive to my nose and instantly made me withdraw, but fortunately settles into something deep and complex and really very pleasing.

Id swear there was patchouli in this, but perhaps its the vetiver giving it that vibe; and I love that! Its a deep, earthy, smokey, powdery, woody complex that Im enjoying vastly. The rosewood is sublime and very prominent, the spice of the cardamon is quite clear and adds to the male "kicker" in this fragrance, its far more masculine a scent than feminine. Sandalwood is rather heavy in this, its immediately noticeable and persists through the drydown. The Oud remains most prominent, giving it an almost chypre quality to what is a deep woody fragrance - and its a very nice contrast to the overall warmth of this scent.

Its got a nice depth to it, I love the dark deep frags, they wear beautifully on me and like most other TF fragrances this one wears for hours, the longevity is what you'd expect from a quality perfume. Sillage is very nice, definitely not a skin scent but not a room monster either.

Overall Im loving this. Its got a deep, woody warmth that I really enjoy, though I will say that this is probably closer to mainstream perfume that what I expected from an Oud niche scent, its quite a safe purchase, especially for men who like this type of perfume. My husband commented that it was far too musky for him, but he has a vast preference for aromatics and citruses; and thats just great - more for me to wear :D

Last word to ladies who like "girly" scents - this wont be for you. Its got a distinct masculine shift thats fine for me, but if you are a lady that likes candy and everything pink then you might want to give this a skip.

Lana Lool
Lana Lool

I don't know how people are saying this is like M7. To my nose, they have very little in common. M7 is loud and sweet and HEAVY, whereas TF Oud Wood has minimal sweetness, and is much lighter. I have the vintage M7, and I have to wade through the opening to get to the nice drydown. This fragrance opens up soft and subtle and just what I find incredibly wearable. It is compelling and never overwhelming. Beautiful woods and an ever so tiny amount of vanilla. I don't care what anyone says, I really like this fragrance and will wear it on a regular basis.
I have to say that TF is the only one to combine oud with this amount of vanilla, and makes this the perfect amount of sweet. I find this to be different from the other oud scents out there in its creamy sweetness. Incredibly smooth and even sensual.

yabadu
yabadu

Wow. That's all i've got to say about this one.
A true masterpiece by the one and only Tom Ford.
Smells kind of oriental, balmy and addictive.

I like high-end fragrances when they have an artistic aspect to them and my problem with many of the Tom Ford's compositions is that they often luck all of this. I get them as a sort of completion of the brand. Clothes, leather goods, shoes, sunglasses and fragrances for the upper market. They all smell pretty good but they very rarely add something on the table to justify their otrageous prices.

Said that I don't see any reasons to spend big money on Oud Wood when you can have M7 (because this is basically what Oud Wood is all about) for less than 1/3 the price. Fresh woody.

Gimmick anyone?

Rating: 6.5/10

First impression; i think Tom Ford took the inspiration from the classic YSL M7, perfected it, and voila! Here is Oud Wood. It smells so similar to M7; however, Oud Wood is more refined, warmer, and much richer. It later settles down into a beautiful Oud scent. I don't get the vanilla here or anything that I consider "sweet". It's actually more peppery with cardmom. Anyway, this is expensive stuff, and it is not for everyone. Must try!

puddley
puddley

Tom Ford Private Blends have one thing in common - they are HEAVY. Oud Wood is heavy, the sort of muddy heavy that you'd love to roll around in getting filthy if mud was made of Oud Wood.
It's utterly magnificent, I can't afford it, I can only spray it on me in department stores, and I desire it very badly.
My first whiff of a Tom Ford PB was 'Black Orchid' which for me, although I appreciate it's cult status, smells like putrefying bodies in Lily covered caskets, utterly vile. This is a man who creates some very strong responses.
Oud Wood, Oud Wood, Oud Wood, I want you!

Update:

Finally got my own bottle and found I struggled a bit with the sharp medicinal quality so I layered it with Ambre de Cabochard (which is a delicious vanilla amber but a tad too sweet). The combination is superb, warming the dry aspects of Oud Wood up a little but not interfering with the essential oud note. Ambre de Cabochard retails really cheaply on ebay if you fancy mixing it up.

Surprised that this perfume has a lot of similarity with M7 Yves Saint Laurent.
Since both scents are created by Tom Ford!
However Oud Wood is dryer and lacks the sweetness of M7

I personally like them both alot!!!!!!

Migotka
Migotka

So far I have only tested one Tom Ford PB scent- and then heard they are both overpriced and not that unique. I have tested a few others today- and man, people saying this are terribly wrong!

Oud Wood is a wonderful, woody scent. Its quality is amazing- it smells so deep and mysterious. Like all the others from the line, it is very intense. the wood smells as if it lied down in the sun for a long time- the hot surface, saw dust vibrating in your nostrils, blazing heat. that is what you get at first- as it dries down, you get some beautiful vetiver and vanilla, sort, sensual, yet still upholding he original dryness. This is not Tobacco Vanille's boozy, sweet vanilla- it is darker and more mature.

I see it on a man more than on a woman, somehow

stephan
stephan

Smells like a very confident man. Such a great scent! Such a weak sillage! Such a poor longevity! Such a high price!
ETA: I bought Tom Oud, by Surrati. It's much cheaper and longer lasting. Just love it!

JohnMc
JohnMc

Not overly impressed by this offering from the PB range, nor of the range in general - sorry to any aficionados out there, but as a fan of Mr. Ford's other offerings; M7, Black Orchid et al, I find the PB range to be both overpriced and overhyped. I had the pleasure of testing some of the Oud offerings from the Arabian owned 'Arabian Oud' company at one of its stores in Oxford Street, London. I have to say that the salesperson's knowledge was first rate, as was his enthusiasm. Their offerings seemed more affordable than Tom Ford's Private Blend and more appealing. Each to their own I suppose.

fpih
fpih

Sharp, medicinal oud, with just a touch of rosewood to balance the sharpness. Lasting power extraordinaire, still detectable after 12 hours and a shower:)
It's very interesting, very unique (to me at least, since most ouds I've tested tend to be more warm and spicy than dry and sharp) and more, musculine than feminine. For me, it's interesting but not tempting enough to spend any money on it.

Cereza
Cereza

The first blast was sharp like with most perfumes with oud in them, but very soon after opening it changed to a fantastic, deep, warm, sensual scent. I can feel powdery tonka and vanilla combo, it's very inviting, comforting and extremely sexy and sexy for man and woman. It would work well on both skins.
After the blast of warm, sensual notes, it again get's a bit sharp, but still very smooth, on my skin I detect loads of vetiver which makes this perfume a bit fresh and zesty.
Before the scent got to the drydown part, I got more oud which a bit reminded me of lavander. It was masculine, but very lovely.
The drydown part is perfect, almost like the opening - warm, sensual vanilla with tonka and amber.
This is definitely something unique, the scent itself get's me to a happy place and I do find it to be very sexy. It stays very close to skin, so would be suited for sensual evenings with two lovers so close to each other that the smell of both skins and Oud wood would blend in a perfect, sensual mix.

Sillage goes downhill as time goes by. After 3 hours there is almost nothing on my wrist, but when I inhale deeply I can still feel the scent, altough now it's just woody and citrusy.

All in all - lovely scent, bad longevity, not worth the price tag and FB.

Uniqueness: 9/10
Total: 6.3

Isom
Isom

bought this one at Tom Ford's place in Vegas. It is extremely unique. Also, not as over powering as many of the ouds that I have smelled in the past. The balance that the vanilla brings to the oud is quite brilliant. My fragrance collection is vast and this is one of my all time favorites.

puppynose
puppynose

Can you say "hype"? Ever smell actual oud? Ever smell the Firmenich aroma chemical substitute for agar wood/oudh/alos wood? Thank goodness for theperfumedcour and their tiny little .5ml decants. It does have tenacity which sucks when you don't like the scent.

caliking
caliking

On me this smells exactly!!!!!!! identical to
Zino Davidoff

try on your skin before you buy
SMELLS LIKE CHOCOLATE COVERED WOOD

Jordan20
Jordan20

Without sounding crude but you know that feeling after you've had the best sex in your life, well thats what wearing this feels like, this scent is pretty much sex in a bottle which wasnt something unexpected, i was kinda hoping tom would release a fragrance like this but i never expected it would be so beautiful and so rich. Its so dark and sexy, my boyfriend loves it when i wear this and girls go crazy over it lol well at least the girls i know anyway lol. I keep this one on my bedisde table, its just that damn good. I like how Tom creates fragrances with personality and they all sorta respond to the different moods and tastes of people and their emotions, this scent with its richness and sexiness gets me in the mood.

Marangoni
Marangoni

This is sex and glamour in one bottle.

truffles
truffles

Mmmmm, beautiful! A warm,earthy 'skin scent'. Patchouli isn't listed as a note but for me this has a 'patchouliness' about it so I think patchouli lovers should love this.
There's an edge to this that I adore, think it might be the rosewood. Rosewood on its own is not something I would particularly swoon over but this perfume is just so beautifully blended and it leaves a beautiful, bury your nose in, trace on your scarves and clothes too. Expensive, yes, but smells it.
I love, I want. When I win the lottery....
Update: Heh heh heh.... (a tip) there's a very good imitation available on Ebay - decants of something called 'Tom Oud'. At first sniff of the one I got today I thought 'oh poo, it's not really like TFOW!', bit syntheticy? But the stuff develops on your skin until it's a dead ringer! It's an oil type thing and I'm hoping it's more natural than synthetic. Will have to investigate.
Anyway, I feel all warm and oudy now without having to spend ALL that money! :)

taboo2287
taboo2287

i will be so brief: smells like SEX ;)

Kterhark
Kterhark

I wanted to come back and review this a second time, since I’ve now been wearing it for a year.

Oud Wood is my ‘outdoor’ scent. I especially prefer it when I’m spending the day in the Red Wood forests. It has a strong medicinal note, and I tend not to enjoy its company in an enclosed space (like my cubicle).

But with lots of ‘air’, this is very energetic and uplifting. It sits on my shelf as a wild child and spends the day thumbing its nose at my heavy floral orientals and chypres. I like it,and find it works well when layered with JHAG's Citizen Queen (a rose suede composition). Something different from my usual choices!

autumn89
autumn89

The only real similarity between this and M7 is the oud note, and yes if you like one you will probably like the other, but i dont think one is a replacement for the other.

This is softer and less medicinal than M7. On my skin it dries down to almost a gourmand skin scent. Only almost though; there is too much wood there to think about eating.

Its smooth and very classy. Lasts quite well on me, maybe not as well as most other private blends. Sillage is close to the skin.

I kind of wish it had greater sillage, but i also admire its subtlety. The actual scent is utterly beautiful, and i never get bored of it. I am so pleased i have the big decanter!

Possibly my favourite fragrance ever.

One things for sure; perfume is a very expensive passion!

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

good scent, but too elvated price , if you want another famous good oudh scent, go for M7 from YSL, the noose behind it is Tom Ford too ! and it has a good price and very good scent, dark and spicy

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Oud Wood for me opens like vetivery smoky,but very light, almost unindentified.Then comes a note of sandal, but it dissapears after a few moments.Overall and at drydown you feel smokiness.It lays on skin whithout annoying it, but also since it not so strong, it not memorable at all.It need more intencity.

yvashche
yvashche

The whole line of the Private Blend by Tom Ford is disappointing. I know good oud, and though it does not appeal to many Americans, I do love it. Such perfumers as Montale has nailed the perfect replication of the original oud oils from the Middle East, and many other perfumers have done a good job as well. Tom Ford's oud wood, Arabian wood and even Bois Marocain, which is not very oudy and not meant to be, are poor imitations. They smell way too commercial and citrusy, without finesse. Skip it.

mal23
mal23

I now know I am not a fan of oud wood in colognes. However, this cologne by Tom Ford is a luxurious scent that is masculine. I want to like it but, to pay the high price tag for his scents I will not. Overall a 6/10 for a true Oriental scent.

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

Such a luxerious scent! This one's full of darkness, seductiveness, sexiness, and really masculin. This Oud is sweet, calm, smooth, and really invitable. Even it's considered as eau de parfum, I find this one's longevity is very so-so. Besides, Oud Wood is not interesting enough for such a crazy high price.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

Oud Wood, like the other Tom Ford Private Blends, is incredibly rich, complex and well blended. Rich wood and spice eventually gives way to amber and wonderful vetiver. At first, it is powerful - others within a few feet will notice but after about 30 minutes the sillage is down to moderate and it could be worn in an elevator. All the wood, moss, and chypre Private Blends have a similar nuance. I think they smell expensive.

Oud Wood by Tom Ford 4.42 out of 5 based on 666 ratings and 137 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Oud Wood fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Oud Wood, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Oud Wood by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Oud Wood by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.