Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Purple Patchouli Tom Ford for women and men

Purple Patchouli Tom Ford for women and men
dislike

Private Blend is first and exclusive collection by Tom Ford, which includes twelve eau de parfums, each of them can be used solely or in combination with other fragrances from the collection.
Private Blend Collection was launched in 2007. The fragrances are available in 50ml and 250ml bottles.

"PRIVATE BLEND is my own scent laboratory: it's where I have the ability to create very special, original fragrances that are unconstrained by the conventions of mainstream scent-making. PRIVATE BLEND is designed with the true fragrance connoisseur n mind." Tom Ford

Patchouli Jasmine Peru Balsam Amber Vetiver

Purple Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

tatonnement
tatonnement

Just a warning to people.... any batch codes listed as C68 or A52 or A73 are most likely FAKE. An easy way to spot a fake is to also look at the number 7 at the bottom of the bottle if it's 50ml... If it isnt a straight stem, it's fake.

Most purple patchoulis coming from Sophia (Bulgaria) or Russia are FAKE. Any Tom Fords coming in white "demo" boxes are FAKE. I learned this the hard way but luckily eBay has a money back guarantee.

There was one purple patchouli listed on eBay from a seller in Canada that was legit but I think it sold now. It's easy to replicate purple patchouli so buyer beware. I find a 4ml sample of this (from a legit seller) will last you forever and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I was lucky enough to find this a few years back and I have barely made it through my bottle because it's SO strong and POWERFUL.

The scent is very 80s. Lush, dark and overwhelming. I'm thinking wolf of wall street chic- fast moving, rich, hedonistic and very kinky. LOTS of purple. What does that even mean? I don't know but every-time I wear this I can literally envision the colour purple and what feelings a purple scent should evoke. Violets, orchids, poisonous flowers...opium, smoky clubs filled with decadent dreamers, women wearing nothing but black fur and stockings, men in sharp suits with sleeked back hair and purple ties. It's crazy, earlier Tom Ford offerings were true to his intense persona. Very heavy and very much so like his marketing campaigns, laced with sensuality.

There might be no purple flowers in this per say but that's all I can envision. The patchouli in this offering is very different from the dirty, raw patchouli I am accustomed to. It's a lady-like patchouli- feminine yet dominant. I'm pretty sure the jasmine has something to do with it. Oddly enough, the jasmine in this fragrance does NOT turn fecal on me which is a major accomplishment. The sillage will blow you away and into the next room. Longevity is there as well.

Mugler_Lover
Mugler_Lover

I just found a 50ml of this wonderful scent on eBay with a batch number from 2007. It is amazing!! Lasts forever and a day. I am SO happy I was able to FINALLY find one of my unicorns!

Desertmirage93

@Purpleaddict: Please do not seek the counterfeited Purple Patchouli as it is total crap and a hot synthetic mess and smells nothing like the original. There is a 60ml decant of the original stuff on eBay right now that's been there forever and is legit. It is worth the asking price, just pay it and for God's sake, do not buy the counterfeit and wear that travesty, you'll only be fooling yourself and you're going to stink...

Purple addict

@Desertmirage93 im really unhappy,unluky ,by the way tks for the clarification ,helpfull , im gonna seek the counterfeited , what can i do :purple addict

Desertmirage93

@Purpleaddict: There is nothing like Purple Patchouli... Purple Patchouli smells like, well Purple Patchouli. This is a Suede scent that's supported by a strong Amber accord with Patchouli, Jasmine and Violet Flower as it's main accords. It cannot be described but is totally awesome smelling, unfortunately for Women only which is highly disappointing because this really is a one-of-a-kind scent that is really awesome smelling with some ridiculous potency to boot, also, beware of counterfeits from Europe as this perfume is highly counterfeited. The sticker on the front should be gold in color, not bronze...

Purple addict

Pls can some one give us the name of a similar perfum like the purple patchouli
Neeeeeed help

Jeepit
Jeepit

I'm about to make a very bold statement. THIS IS THE GREATEST PATCHOULI EVER. *out of breath*

Ok now that I got that out of the way, I can calmly state that this is the greatest patchouli ever.

This stuff is great in so many ways. It starts off with a patchouli blast with floral notes desperately trying to break through. I picture a lonely woman in a Sunday dress stuck in an 80's club in Miami trying to find an exit. After a couple minutes, the patchouli settles down and the floral and Amber notes kick in. Don't expect an Amber Absolute type of Amber here. This is more subtle.

This fragrance is also pretty potent. When I spray on my skin, the oil sits for quite a while before the alcohol can evaporate it away.

I'm pretty sure it was slightly reformulated toward the end, but nothing major.

As I said, this stuff is amazing. If you can get it somewhat cheap, jump on it. I pray for the day it is re-released. I have 2 bottles both at about 20%. I hate to think of the day where I have to buy another. No fragrance is worth the price this sells for now that it is discontinued. Having that said, I may pay the inflation to keep this as a staple in my wardrobe!

Did I mention this is the greatest patchouli ever? ;)

Alayna1011
Alayna1011

It's just okay. Honestly, nothing that extraordinary to me, and certainly not worth the asking price.(seeing as the asking price is over $200+ for a 25ml bottle on ebay). I asked my bf what he thought it smelled like and he said "a bouquet of sour fruit?" which is funny to me. All I get is a light jasmine and a little patchouli.

It's not BAD, it's certainly wearable and nice enough, but it's not special. Maybe it'd be better if I sprayed it on instead of dabbing?

Bbjr
Bbjr

I got a small decant of this and it's one of the most potent scents I've come across. I do detect the patchouli but it's smothered by a violet floral that is just too feminine for my liking. Not a bad scent at all and you literally need one drop of this and you're good for a day.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

I went way out of my way to buy a decant of this. Some time in late 2014 I PM'd a few folks that had it. Luckily one guy in my city had it and decanted this and Japon Noir right in font of me! What an expierence! I am just now sampling it and I am not that enthused about it. Sure the patch is there but the peru balsam overwhelms it. I have never smelled this note so this has to be it. It is an earthy note I am assuming blended with the patch but this is not to my liking. I still have about 5 ml's left.

houstcs
houstcs

I can't really write a better review, but want to add I'm now depressed that I purchased my 1ml. I will probably never know what it's like to spray this on, and that's a sad thought. This is marvelous.

robg303
robg303

Some people have asked me to do a review on this, since I mentioned it in my Patchouli Absolute review. They suggested that since I brought it up by comparison that it was a disservice not to explain why I think it's so much better. Ok, point taken!

The reviews here are so good and in depth, I wouldn't really know what to add, plus this fragrance is extremely hard to find, but I'll tell you why I think its so great.

Those of us who like patchouli find it relativley easy to like a scent that is strong with is ingredient. But there are some who, for some reason have very negative association with it.
Why, I don't know...maybe someone unshowered, smelly and sweaty decided to rub themselves in patchouli oil and that combo resulted in the most revolting scent and almost made you vomit. I've smelled that tye of thing before, at yoga classes and the around the so called, "dirty hippe" crowd. So I understand that negative experience.

Which brings me to Purple Patchouli. If you are one of those people who are anti-patchouli, then let me tell you what your missing, using this fragrance. If there were ever a scent that will/could change that association, this is the one!

Unlike many patchouli fragrances, that are earthy smelling, this one is sweet and almost velvety by comparison. Not sweet like candy or chocolate, but more vanilla-ish or like almond and honey, yet it's not foodlike. It's....well sweet, seductive and sensual really.

If you can imagine a bed, covered in silky black sheets, blanketed with exotic purple orchids, intoxicating nightblooming jasmine, amber nuggets and some type of honey dust sprinkled on top. Then you find yourself are rolling around in it...imagine that scent, how intoxicating and almost spa like that would be, and then anticipation of someone special about to join you....

It's all very alluring and sensual, the complete opposit of any negative association you may have.
The closest thing Tom Ford makes that is in the same category, sensual, mysterious and alluring is "Noir de Noir," and if you've smelled that and like it, then you will like this as well.

Purple Patchouli is a unique interpretaion of patchouli and it is like I said before....heavenly!

If you can find some, you will be very lucky indeed. And if you have had negative experiences with patchouli, get yourself a sample of this and experience it, you'll see how beautiful a patchouli fragrance can be and it will surely change your mind.

racheldaylewis
racheldaylewis

This is my literal wet dream of a fragrance. At some point in the near future I will have to sacrifice food or possibly put my sons Elmo DVD collection on hold so I can get a decent sized sample of this juice. I chose Tom Ford as my white rabbit because I knew he has enough class and sense not to make anything so hideous I would consider it a waste of change. Oddly enough his more masculine fare has become my fast favorites (tobacco oud, black violet) over more easier lighter options (champaca absolute, neroli portofino) while beautiful, seem to disappear on my skin in seconds. I will be taking the advice of a more seasoned vet. And start experimenting with spraying v.s. The sample dab. Mmmmmmm....patchouli.

[email protected]
kasimdubur@gmail.com

Believe u me = a blessed fragrence connoisseur, this is my favorite anointing! Thank you sincerely Mr Ford & Of course Fragrantica God bless;)

garamascara
garamascara

Smells like someone chugged a bottle of patchouli and regurgitated it back into the bottle.

kris919
kris919

I think perfumed court may have given me the wrong sample? All I get is a soft girly sweet jasmine. Smells exactly like Bvlgari Voile de Jasmin ( totally not a good thing!) Looking at the notes of purple patchouli...there is no way this can be the right sample. I would still like to try the correct version, does anyone know anywhere else that may have samples of it? I already checked surrender to chance and they dont have it. message me if you have ideas. thnx :)
( or maybe it's just my skin)

tiakford
tiakford

I simply want to know why??? Why would Tom Ford make something so sexy and then discontinue it???

Shahz
Shahz

One of the best offerings from Tom Ford in his private line. Sadly it went the way of all flesh after a short period of time. Will be missed with affection.
BTW - It has almost aggressive longevity. This will survive thorough showers and the application of other perfumes.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

To be honest I'm not a big fan of patchouli. But Purple Patchouli surprised me big time. It's dark, mysterious and very unique. There's something very special about this scent. Its quite powerful and long lasting. As always Tom Ford quality!

Suzy
Suzy

Description:(woods) with notes of orchid, citrus, leather, purple patchouli accord, spices, amber, patchouli, Peru balsam, vetiver.

Spicy and warm, but smells too masculine for me to wear. My husband will get my sample.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Purple Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Purple Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Purple Patchouli by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Purple Patchouli by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.