Designers » T-Z » Oriental Woody « Groups

Santal Blush Tom Ford for women

Santal Blush Tom Ford for women
dislike

Santal Blush Tom Ford for women Pictures Santal Blush Tom Ford for women Pictures Santal Blush Tom Ford for women Pictures Santal Blush Tom Ford for women Pictures

With the new makeup collection, Tom Ford presents three new fragrances: Jasmine Rouge, Violet Blonde and Santal Blush (Signature Collection) in September 2011. Santal Blush is an enchanting, mysterious, glamorous and exotic woody - spicy scent. It is ruled by creamy notes of sandalwood and spices, with rich floral and woody tones.

Top notes: Indian spices, cumin, cinnamon, carrot seeds and fenugreek. Heart: jasmine, ylang-ylang and rose. Base: Australian sandalwood, cedar, benzoin, musk and oud.

Available as 50 and 250 ml EDP.

The nose behind this fragrance is Yann Vasnier.

Cinnamon Caraway Spices Carrot Seeds Fenugreek

Jasmine Ylang-Ylang Rose

Musk Sandalwood Virginia Cedar Benzoin Agarwood (Oud)

Gucci Rush for Men
Tam Dao
Sacred Wood
Santal de Mysore
Montana 80

Santal Blush Fragrance Reviews

lisa o
lisa o

I find this stands out in the Tom Ford collection- it is sexy without wanting to be.
And one of the few more complicated perfumes, that use santal as a main note from the beginning and not just as a base and in a total "un-kitschy" way, it's soft but not bland...
Lightly spicy and waxy top notes, the sandal itself, I guess is not (only) the Mysore kind, maybe amyris from the Westindes. Nevertheless it has a milky quality through the woods, is sweetened by bezoin but not overly so. The cocoa-like (I smell Himalayan?) cedar supports it well, a bit of musk attaches it to the skin and lends it a subconscious note, also the floral aspect is clearly detectable but not especially female in character. Quite unisex, I find.

I like it, since it came out, but never bought, because simply, as often discussed, the Ford collection is a little over prized for my taste. And I normally do buy perfumes in this prize-range (Malle, Vero Profumo etc)...

Lana148
Lana148

It's hard to find good feminine, true sandalwood & cedar fragrance and Santal Blush is just that.

It's a beautiful woody-spicy-floral composition. I am not a big fan of Tom Ford's fragrances, but I think Santal Blush is very interesting and well done. Must try for woody fragrance lovers.

Great silage and lasting power, definitely not a shy fragrance, but for some reason it gives me massive headache.

Bloodlust
Bloodlust

This is the first Tom Ford fragrance I've had or tried that I haven't fallen head over heels in love with! I think it's something that others would enjoy, because it's blended magnificently - just not my particular taste.

The scent is rather masculine, lots of woods and spices.
Obviously, Sandalwood is the star of the show. Santal Blush opens up rather sour and woody, and eventually fades into something a lot more soft and calm. If I'm being totally honest, and it actually pains me to speak somewhat negatively about a Tom Ford fragrance... this scent to me is the entire "pencil" experience. The opening is dry woods, the heart and dry-down is burnt-rubbery eraser shavings. I do not get any oud, or floral notes in this, though they are listed. I feel although as something is missing in this fragrance - something slightly fresh, or maybe a little bit sweet (if the rose was more obvious, perhaps?) to counteract all of the woods notes from falling flat.

Not exactly exciting or interesting, or worth the price-point to me!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Provocative, yet not dark; independently sensual without a care in the world somehow. Santal Blush reminds me of the smell of crowded west coast beaches of Australia in the summertime.

The softly balanced spices make for a dry vapor rising from sun blanched sandy shores with a fine talc feel and deeply kissed with sweet sunshine. Fenugreek, cedar and carrot seed deliver a mustiness that adds to the dry vapor effect.

The sandalwood and benzoin resin in combination present a coconut-like accord with a slightly humid undertone; it's also reminscent of expensive pressed powder compact makeup. Oud, subtle musk and caraway conjure up sweaty, salty bodies with a light veil of coconut oil on bronzed skin--carefree, sexy and effortlessly captivating. I also detect a little indolic facet from jasmine but not much of its floral aroma.

Everything here is in delicate balance and barely discernible to the nose, that is, except for the sandalwood. Here the art of enjoying this fragrance is in the application, at least on my skin. Too hard on the trigger and you get a good masculine sandalwood blasting that doesn't settle down for at least four hours. That was my mistake the first time, but then after the persistent sandalwood bomb I kept catching stunningly beautiful whiffs of sweet powdery woods; a light diffusive veil is really all you need to allow all the other notes to radiate through much sooner without the sandalwood/benzoin heaviness.

Santal Blush is smooth, woody, laid-back gorgeousness and will be a keeper in my collection. Complex with a minimalist finish making it ideal to wear alone or layered.

oktober

How much can one describe it, it simply smells like santal wood. With a little spice but not much, doesn t cover.

It lasts long long long, medium sillage, oh and... the reason I m writing this review... just wanted to say it goes GREAT with blue jeans. Levi Strauss jeans and jacket, timberland boots and you re good to go.

Seems to me very woody and relaxed. And a tiny bit hippie, not much. A fume with character. Makes one imagine things and go places ... a magic santal wood broom for imagination travellers. (ok, now I see Samantha twitching her nose...)

Yushcan
Yushcan

It's said seems to me all about notes in this perfume here. So, I just would like to share my impression and experience with this juicy.
I bought it in 2012, wore it during winter time 2012/13 blended with Montale Shafran Oud to soften the last one. It was really nice. Santal Blush seemed too feminine for me, that is why... Then, I forgot about it for two years almost. This cold summer I tried it again not blending with other. I have to admit that it's much better during cold summer than winter, the smell is more woody and I would say more masculine. Enough soft, intensively woody, a little bit creamy, very long lasting, silage is a little bit more than for man required, but for many men it's a benefit :) , it's really really niche smell, a little bit medicinal what is a zest of this perfume. Very unique, if someone look at my wardrobe in my profile, must believe me No one perfume even close to this as regard to smell itself.
So, summary - very unique, real niche, very peaceful, ambient, long lasting, projection is very good, wearable during cold summer, autumn, winter less as for me, spring - no, day and night, and very beautiful smell of course.
What I found wearing niche fragrances - they almost all become stronger and more long lasting when you use 1/4 of a bottle, may be because the chemistry between juice and air.
Highly recommended for strange wood smell lovers :) Enjoy.

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Coming from a perfume genderbender, I just do not, in any way see the Masculinity in this perfume... this Tom Ford guy, man, he's ridiculously intelligent. Taking a quick glance of how pretty this flacon and box is, and after wearing this perfume, his marketing aspects are insanely on point, so kudos right there....

Let`s face it, Santal Blush is a make-up baggie, lipstick, foundation, eyeliner, compacts, plain and simple, and the highest quality leather one that you can get those hands on. Personally, and oh my God, I'm just madly in love with this perfume... not only does it project like crazy for 12+ hours and is easily noticeable well past 18 hours, but it's got Oud, it smells like the highest quality Sandalwood, Indian Mysore to be exact, it's insanely multi-faceted, one moment it's all Fenugreek, then another Sandalwood, then the next Oud, and the Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang and Rose heart is blended so well, so well, that you clearly know it's there, but it's a suggestion, and that pencil shaving drydown from the Cedarwood accord is just amazing. Santal Blush just wears fantastic, and I find myself over-applying this delicious juice non-stop, seriously, it's that fabulous, and I want buckets of this drug to just bathe in for days. This perfume is really, seriously, amazing, like super, super good, overall in delivery and just overall smell, just in general. This perfume is just fantastic in longevity and especially projection with all the truckloads of that über high quality and creamy Sandalwood and warm and cuddly coziness of just how it feels, and coming from one of the hardest hardcore Tom Ford Perfumistas on this planet, this juice truly knocks my socks clean off, and I just cannot get enough of this stuff!

angelayio

The dry down stil puzzles me, I have met it before. Could it be similar to costume national so nude (I am talking only for the dry down). I can't test them side by side but there are some similarities in the notes.
I love Tam Dao but I don't think they are close. TD is not so complex and I find it more masculine and the scent is different, I can't compare them.

angelayio

I love it, I tested it when looking for something entirly different and I was amazed. It's warm, creamy and complex santalwood. The best one I have smelled in years. For the dry down the incense becomes a little more dominant but in a gentle way. Generally I don't enjoy tom ford fragrances they are too powerful for my tastes but this one enters my top five ever. Now I have to test it again.

Michael1962

Santal Blush blended with Chanel Sycomore = amazing :)

Michael1962

Truly gorgeous buttery and creamy smooth sandalwood scent multi layered with sweet spices and subtle jasmine.
The drydown is amazing with a quality incense feel,its earthy without feeling dirty.
Not harsh like Led Labo's Santal 33 or the fig enriched
Diptyque's Tam Dao which is rather weak and insipid on me.
Another winner in the Private Blend stable in my opinion.Seamlessly blended which is the usual benchmark with all of Tom Fords higher end fragrances.
More understated than some from this house but nevertheless top shelf quality.
Love the colour of the juice as well.The nude dusty pink hue adds to the experience as it really enhances the experience of being in the signature TF bottle.

drlaurel
drlaurel

Agree with Eos, getting major fig here. If you don't know fig...you would probably just write that off as sandalwood. A little coconutty caramel in the sandalwood but not too sweet, very reminded of a more sophisticated better sillage and projection Tam Dao and slightly reminiscent of dolce vita. still different than the two so if you are a sandalwood lover, you might go for all three....or just this one. I can imagine the spices here but they are not prominent so if you shy from cumin and fenugreek don't write this one off. out of he flower trio, I get mostly jasmine and maybe a touch of soft rose. The cedar comes in later to join the sandalwood and add a bit of wood to the cream. I'm looking to buy from anyone in any quantity!

Eos
Eos

On my skin Santal Blush starts out intensely herbaceous-green spicy, it smells like celery seeds, cumin and fenugreek over a light, creamy, woody coconut. As it develops it gets fruitier, smelling a lot like a fig perfume during its heart notes and then finally settles down into a sandalwood-cedar-coconut-fig base. The overall feel is rather bohemian, chic and certainly unisex.

Important note: to my nose and on my skin, sandalwood perfumes almost always end up smelling fig like regardless of whether or not a fig note is listed. This may not be your experience, so I definitely recommend that you sample Santal Blush.

oktober

Doesn't last long? Please... I can smell it on my jacket after a week even. And on skin it lasts until you wash it.

moonflower73
moonflower73

To me, there is nothing sexier than the smell of sandalwood. I absolutely love this perfume! The main drawback is it doesn't last that long on my skin. Which to me, is unusual for a Tom Ford fragrance. I love to be completely enveloped in this scent. It calms me, makes me feel completely in tune with my inner being. This is a perfume I have to layer with a heavy body oil, lotion. or other fragrance to make it last. Which usually will work in your favor. I think sandalwood can go with almost anything and it can help you create some vivid masterpieces on your own. Very much in the same way many of us use a vanilla to layer or transform. I only have a small travel sized spray. Unsure if I want to pay that much for a scent that doesn't have the greatest longevity. If any of you have any recommendations for an incredible sandalwood...I am open to your suggestions. Thanks!;)

Londonchick
Londonchick

I 'like' but I wanted to LOVE this woody delight in its stunning luxe bottle. The sillage and longevity (great) are to be admired, but the actual fragrance whilst smelling ' sophisticated and well crafted' ( if there is such a thing) is quite linear and didnt develop on me.
Its subtle and low on florals so it could be unisex. Im getting too much powdery musk- Im not sure, perhaps a touch of something ultra feminine would have got this over the line for me.
I don't shy away from resins, woods or spices but this was just way too 'sandalwood overkill' for me.
Perhaps good layered with something else ?
Perhaps amazing on a guy-
Not for me but I may try a spray again in winter as its a hot summer here in Australia which probably didnt do it any favours.
No doubt it's a quality fragrance

Paintedlily
Paintedlily

This is a nice fragrance, however, it is not for me. This opens with very dry spices. After a short while (20 - 30 minutes) I can smell something akin to driftwood and, lingering in the back, something smells very much of skin. Not sweet skin, but sweaty (cumin) underarm.
It's blended really well, very soft. It has soft to moderate sillage on dry skin in a central heating environment and lasts around 5 or so hours.
Like I said, it very well may be nice on someone else....it's just not that nice on me.

Plar
Plar

Tried thiis last week, I did not like it on me at all. I can admit that it is a very well blended perfume that is quite woody on me and lasts for a very long time. One spray from a tester, some of it got on my sweater and it lasted there for almost a whole week!

There is a persistent note in there that I cannot pick out, but from reading the reviews it seems to be the sandalwood, and unfortunately it is not something I like.

It is quite strong so if you put it on, a little goes a long way.

pinktojen
pinktojen

i just tried it last weekend and it was magical…love it. It is feminine without the girliness, and elegant without being snooty. Makes me want to wear nude blush colored chiffon dress with dark lip stick.

gallian
gallian

It's a soft woody scent, very masculine, it reminds me of Rush for Men. Santal Blush is more cedarwood, Rush for Men is more sandalwood for me, they are very similar. Both are designed by Tom Ford, it's not a surprise...
I find Santal Blush very interesting and well done, but i prefer Gucci Rush, that today is a more exclusive choice.

dolcethadon

Deja-Vu , it is already evident that the fake profiles existed , someone who was known by a previous profile of isobutyl had made multiple profiles and made multiple false comments all over Rush's page and other pages like this one.. He was skewing the votes for the similar fragrances and projection/longevity meter on all these pages.. That is why you still see Sandalo and Santal Blush on the similar fragrances for Rush when for the last year or two they never were there, only Wonderwood and Sartoriale were up there.. But those got deleted by this guy.. This isobutyl also was attacking honest members who caught on to what he was doing.. He obviously has no life when he feels the need to play childish games on a grown up's website.. Anyway he was reported and most of his fake profiles were deleted by a administrator but some fragrance pages are still being manipulated which shows me that he is still making more profiles to screw around..

Note for others - Santal Blush has very little to do with Rush, pretty much none at all.. Alot of the votes on pages like this are being fooled around with by idiots who make multiple profiles.. If you see anything suspicious report it..

deja vu-gr

Dolcethadon thank you for your review.
I would like to make clear to you that i am not an expert to women's fragrances and i don't have experience about them at all. I find a woman more attractive when she wears some man's fragrance if she can support it with her style.
I believe that men's fragrances are much better than women's but this is my personal opinion.
According to some reviews on Gucci Rush page that refers GR share many similarities with SB,so my experience smelling SB became from that reviews here and it was just from pure quriosity.
I found some similarities but the analysis leads to a totaly different perfumes indeed.
For example according to some other reviews here that Azzaro Visit has similarities with GR but i totaly disagree.
Maybe you are right about fake profiles here but i can not understand this.This is not a dating site or something that you can find fake profiles there, and i don't know the reason why someone wants to manipulate other members here.
It is not in my intentions to manipulate noone just i expressed my personal opinion and that's all,but as i wrote above i have not an expert nose about female's fragrances.By the way i will check the perfume that you mentioned me as a close relative of GR,thank you.

dolcethadon

Deja-Vu It really does not have any similarities with Gucci Rush at all .. Gucci Rush is very masculine and smells of cypress, incense and sandal/cedar combo.. Santal Blush is a feminine mixture of indian spices, lots of cumin, florals and sandalwood.. Two completely different fragrances, nothing alike! There are no reviews on here stating similarity, but there is an as**ole on here who has got deleted from fragrantica before for making tons of fake profiles so that he can skew and manipulate the votes for similar fragrances specifically on Gucci Rush's page.. It blows my mind how someone has no life to the point where they feel the need to ruin pages on fragrantica and terrorize other members! It is ridiculous and I hope Deja-Vu that you are a member that was misinformed and not another fake profile that isobutyl continues to make to screw around multiple pages on here.. I will continue to report this nonsense.. Oh and btw if anything is similar to Rush it is Comme Des Garcons Wonderwood, check those reviews comparing them there are tons!

deja vu-gr

According to some reviews here that Santal Blush share some similarities with Gucci Rush that i adore and be my signature scent.Yes,after smeling SB i found that this jouice has some simmilarities with GR.This is enough to make SB very unique and memorable plus that has as a heritage the quality that Tom Ford has to offer to their products.
Realy great stuff,i couldn't resist to a woman that wears this juice.

Tip: Keep always in mind that fragrances work different on different types of skin,seasons and climate of a country.

dolcethadon

I bought a decant of this after I heard it had some similarity to Rush for men, but than again not much! The votes above are not accurate because some as**ole with multiple fake accounts was screwing around with everything on the Rush page and is continuing to screw around with multiple pages on fragrantica.. Anyway I wanted to try a Tom Ford fragrance and out of all of them , Santal Blush looked the most appealing to my tastes.. So I ordered a decant being that the full bottle would be a bit to expensive for a blind buy.. From the first sniff I knew this thing was a beauty.. When I apply it I get this blast of creamy sandalwood and spices.. I can smell the indian spices , cinnamon, carrot seeds, fenugreek, and cumin in the top very clearly.. When you first spray it, it almost smells like a nice creamy chai latte.. Than the spices start to fade and the creamy woody notes start to take over while the florals play there part also.. There is a lot of sandalwood and bit of cedar which is where it has any type of similarity to Rush.. The sandalwood stands out the most and it is absolutely gorgeous! It is very creamy and exotic much like the sandalwood in Rush but these fragrances are completely different.. I was deceived by the manipulated votes and comments.. The cumin stands out more so than the other spices, it lasts longer than just the top notes.. Santal Blush has the perfect amount of florals which blend perfectly with the sandalwood.. I kind of get a makeup bag or lipstick vibe from this but I like it and it is subtle, not over the top.. The color I imagine when I smell Santal Blush is the same nude color of the juice, which is great.. Santal Blush has a masculine side but it more on the feminine spectrum although I find it perfectly wearable.. I did not expect that I was going to like this as much as I do! I have fallen for Santal Blush, it is an absolutely amazing fragrance and it has lured me into exploring feminine fragrances for cross gender wear.. Now I am happily wearing Tom Ford's Black Orchid, Opium and many other feminine fragrances all because of you Santal Blush!

Update- I now own a 1.7 ounce bottle of Santal Blush which I got for a good deal, and it is amazing! Gorgeous bottle and gorgeous box!

CDGfan

People this is NOT LIKE RUSH, in any way or form.

dolcethadon

I bought a decant of this after I heard it had some similarity to Rush for men, but than again not much! The votes above are not accurate because some as**ole with multiple fake accounts was screwing around with everything on the Rush page.. Anyway I wanted to try a Tom Ford fragrance and out of all of them , Santal Blush looked the most appealing to my tastes.. So I ordered a decant being that the full bottle would be a bit to expensive for a blind buy.. From the first sniff I knew this thing was a beauty.. When I apply it I get this blast of creamy sandalwood and spices.. I can smell the indian spices , cinnamon, carrot seeds, fenugreek, and cumin in the top very clearly.. When you first spray it, it almost smells like a nice creamy chai latte.. Than the spices start to fade and the creamy woody notes start to take over while the florals play there part also.. There is a lot of sandalwood and bit of cedar which is where it is similar to Rush.. The sandalwood stands out the most and it is absolutely gorgeous! It is very creamy and exotic much like the sandalwood in Rush.. The cumin stands out more so than the other spices, it lasts longer than just the top notes.. Santal Blush has the perfect amount of florals which blend perfectly with the sandalwood.. I kind of get a makeup bag or lipstick vibe from this but I like it and it is subtle, not over the top.. The color I imagine when I smell Santal Blush is the same nude color of the juice, which is great.. Santal Blush has a masculine side but it more on the feminine spectrum although I find it perfectly wearable.. I did not expect that I was going to like this as much as I do! For now I will keep on buying decants to enjoy this gorgeous alluring woody scent!

Update - After wearing my decant a couple times, I have truly fallen for this scent! I could see this as a signature scent for myself in the cool weather.. Although it would be wiser to use it for special times.. If anyone has a bottle or decants and would be interested in selling, swapping, or working something out than let me know..

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Thanks to my fragrance pal Germany, I was able to finally take Santal Blush for a test drive. It may be too early to review, but I'll do it anyway, before my sample is gone and the memory leaves me. This is the creamiest sandalwood fragrance I've tried to date. I definetly pick up some oud intermingling with musk and sandalwood, making it damp and earthy. I'm not generally a lover of oud, but it's so well done here and fits so perfectly that without it, SB could very well have fallen into mediocre territory. Not in quality, however. This stuff is like fine distilled liquor that goes down smooth and gives a good, steady buzz. Not a sloppy one. This is about as woody as Tam Dao, only they are not similar in scent. They share some notes, but where Tam Dao lacks in smoothness, SB makes up for and then some. I'm thoroughly enjoying smelling this on myself, but my heart is still devoted to Tam Dao. If you're looking for the Mac Daddy of sandalwood, this could be yours. For me, it's Chanel Bois Des Iles.

marinaw90
marinaw90

I have tried and tried to like this, as generally I quite like woody perfumes. However this is just too much, it is pure burning smokey wood and spices. I don't get any florals, despite the middle notes saying there should be. I love the concept but the finished product is just not very nice. I don't know how anyone could feel comfortable wearing this. Perhaps it would be better off for a man?

carolinedb
carolinedb

This is a gorgeous fragrance that is creamy, sweet, and slightly spicy. Although it is quite linear, it is still an interesting, well made perfume. It's incredibly long-lasting and can easily last a good 12 hours on me! It is sadly quite expensive for a broke college student, so I'm only able to get my fix from decants for now. Maybe one day when I win the lottery...:)

I love this!
It really is very nice indeed a gorgeously creamy sandalwood scent with very complimentary spices surrounding it.
If you love sandlewood in a soft composition then this is one of the best you can get.
It's manly enough for some but not quite for this man unfortunately. Price is a factor too, it's lovely but so are the vast majority of the Tom Ford private blend line and this one isn't a priority.
I like the pervy naked skin colour of the juice too!

flamingo57
flamingo57

All I can say is "Thank you Tom Ford". I love sandalwood...VERY MUCH! This takes it to a whole new level. Too expensive to consider it my 'signature' scent, but too good to save for special occasions only. I do use it very sparingly, because on me it lasts a long time and because it can be overpowering to other people if they are not a fan of sandalwood & spice (especially cinnamon). I'm a firm believer that other people should not be able to smell what you have on unless they are inside your 'comfort zone'. My space is very small :)

robert.hebert
robert.hebert

Beautiful Sandalwood scent with great projection. Unusually radiant for a woody scent. Very compelling. Yann Vasnier is a great perfumer and proves is again.

christianne1
christianne1

I love the contrast of the creamy sandalwood with the unique spices and the floral notes. It certainly isn't as simple as the name sounds (I think the "blush" had me expecting something lighter and sweeter but this is pretty darn potent). It is very earthy but with a punch. Is anyone else getting a smidge of hidden fig? Very heavy on the sandalwood so if you are a sandalwood fan you will find the motherload here. It is very dense and a little dab will do ya. Lasts all day on me. It is fairly linear..not a lot of evolution as it dries down, just turns a little softer and creamier but remains the same scent on me. No surprises....it ends as beautifully as it begins, just much softer.

Germany
Germany

OUT OF THIS WORLD
Santal Blush , now I have found my favourite Sandalwood scent, . It has that creamy ,milky,musky balsamic sandalwood that is so comforting and sexy to me but it also has that certain elegance that some of my other sandelwoods are missing. Bois de Iles has it but its a different chanel style and the aldehydes play a role in it. This one is just classy elegant ,exquisite style. Right now I would say, this is Easily my favourite fragrance I own. Hands down!

It has a airy light quality, it is not heavy nor cloying , it's not sweet but it's not bone dry. It's ever so slightly spicy and it's very very warm and ahhhhh so creamy woody !

Update. This is the best fragrance ever created. It's the musk and sandalwood combo that is more of a feeling than a smell. Its so amazing , get constant compliments !

Markisdesade
Markisdesade

I love this scent on a woman , perhaps my favorite right now on the opposite sex :)

nizzagirl
nizzagirl

I sniffed at the counter and fell in love with SB - i'm a big fan of woody, soft balmy and delicately sweet scents. And i LOVE sandalwood. Now i have it since 3 weeks and it doesn't work for me at all. on my skin the longevity is very poor, in less than an our all what stays is a very weak musk with some even weaker benzoin. Sooo disappointed. Any sandalwood perfumes with staying power out there?...

beata.janicka
beata.janicka

I just love it. It's so soft and elegant - for me it's the best Tom Ford's fragrance.

Jomoves
Jomoves

I so wanted to love this, but for me it ended up smelling like a cross between apricot nectar and my high school woodwork room.

jtd
jtd

I smelled australian sandalwood essential oil earlier today and it smelled like curdled cedar. Incidentally, it also smelled a lot like Santal Blush.

I’d blush, too.

from scent hurdle.com

raw umber
raw umber

Thank you so much to Vie Cafe, for introducing me to this interesting sandalwood beauty and for setting me straight about which spices I'm detecting.

Santal Blush is primarily a sweet sandalwood, musk, and fenugreek blend at the onset. On my skin the fenugreek is oh so present. In the opening it seems to be almost at equal parts to the sandalwood. I applied two sprays to my arm and my boyfriend said, "That one's intense! I can smell it from down the hall!"

The sandalwood, fenugreek, and musk combine to give the impression of a leather-like aroma, but without a distinctive leather note. Spicy-sweet sandalwood floating atop a velvety, suede-like body. Longevity is very impressive.

It reminds me of a trip I took in 2004, where I was walking among ancient ruins in the desert of Western China at dusk. Conversely, my younger sister sniffed me and said I smell exactly like a head shop, followed by, "What IS that!? ...Sandalwood?"

So there you go.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This was delicious. A women shouldn't opt out from smelling like this. It's sweet (honey), balmy, powdery and spicy (cinnamon) at least to my nose. Perfect for night time use, for day time as well and it will garner compliments. Versatility is good on this. It's sexy, sensual, creamy, light but heavy at the same time, dark, just over all welcoming. Nice bottle. Very well made fragrance. Blended very good. Try it.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Yes, spicy wood and oriental from top to bottom notes. There is also that weird spice note which I cannot identify specifically - could be fenugreek. It reminds me of Estee Lauder's Bronze Goddess or Versace Crystal Noir in that it is like applying sunning lotion full of coconut oil (not the meat or milk). That oil is very thick to my nose and it seems that I have already smelled it before. I already own Violet Blonde and I can smell the VB as if smothered in coconut oil. For the price of TF SB, I'll be happy to settle for EL BG.

One spray on me,
Sillage: at least a foot
Longevity: more than 7 hours even after a shower
Rating: 2/5 to be worn in the summer

dbrii24
dbrii24

Maybe it's me, but with Santal Blush I'm getting a sweeter Crystal Noir. It's very beautiful but to me SB and CN smell very similar. It pains me to say this about a Tom Ford fragrance, but I prefer Crystal Noir over this because CN is more well rounded and less sweet.

Christinasegal123
Christinasegal123

First intake of this perfume is definitely cedar. To me it smells of a faint campfire (smoky). Then I can sense a little floral I believe it's the ylang ylang and not so much rose. Someone referenced spiced wood chips and saw dust and that's exactly the feeling I get from this delightful scent. The dry down is better as I tend to gravitate towards the powdery. Staying power not so great but if there was a lotion or creme it might have more staying power once layered together. Thanks to my new friend Vie Cafe I was able to test this.

CDGfan

Probably the best fragrance which captures the scent of the now very rare Mysore Sandalwood from Southern India.
This contains Australian Sandalwood which is nothing on its superior relative but Mr.Ford did something very clever. He used Indian spices like cumin and fenugreek to create the animalic vibe Mysore Sandalwood has. Further, he added musk and oud to give the Australian Sandalwood a creamy and buttery depth, which Mysore Sandalwood is also known for.

oona noir
oona noir

I don't get comparing this to EL Sensuous. I felt like I was drowning in pepper and honey with Sensuous, it was uber sweet and sticky. Santal Blush, on the other hand, is light, milky and woody. Lovely.

mrs2241
mrs2241

ترکیبی از ل نایت هوم و کمی بلک اورکید...بوش بد نیست...کلا کارای جدید تام فورد بجز "کافی رُز" مابقی چنگی به دل نمی زنن...
سیاست خدا رو پیش گرفتن،کمیت رو فدای کیفیت کردن

One of several Tom Ford's fragrances that I like. I like also Tuscan Leather and Black Orchid Voile de Fleur. But this one smells better.

To my nose, it's more pleasantly musky than santal. Soft and creamy.

I like it. It's feminine.

Jellybean
Jellybean

All about sandalwood, honey and musk in here.
Warm, sweet 'n sultry-bed scent-my first impression.
Strong resemblance to Estee Lauder Sensuous. The only difference Santal Blush is notch heavier on musk.
If this sounds good to you, check it out. I find TF's scents are good quality, a bit pricey, but there's option two, EL third of a price.
Excellent choice for those special occasions...... :)

shwetadwivedi
shwetadwivedi

This fragrance is awesome, sensuos and heavenly. I sampled it today and couldnt stop myself from reaching out for it again and again and again.

To me this fragrance is pure sandalwood. I come from the land of sandalwood and havent found something as close as this. Even though to my nose it very basic but it is still very captivating and very different from sugary, sweet fruity florals that are in the market these days.

It is beautiful!!!!!!!!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

Intensely woody. I may be allergic, as I had a burning sensation upon contact. First notes are so strong as to be an assault on the nose. After a few minutes, it mellows to a milder, cedar-in-the-fireplace smell that isn't unpleasant, but seems out of place on my skin. Unique enough, but I don't think this one is for me.

oobunillaoo
oobunillaoo

this is gorgeous. spicy, woody, musky, sexy. very unusual, not like other fragrances that are currently saturating the "female" market.

if you are partial to woods, spices, and soft dryness give this a shot. santal blush has a current running through it from start to finish. the nasal equivalent to touching your tongue on those old rectangular batteries in the 80s as a child.

very thoughtful blend, lovely bottle. loving the textured box packaging for the bottles, looks beautiful on the dressing table (and protects the perfume from light exposure.)

lasts all day, in to the night, and is still there faintly the next morning. people notice this perfume well after you've gotten used to it, a real head-turner.

bonus: useful as an instrument for seduction. guys will want to cook breakfast for you the next morning.

definitely try (a few times) before you buy. the fenugreek note is what generally seems to "make or break" santal blush, depending on body chemistry.

deadidol
deadidol

To me, this is a more boozy, bittersweet scent than a straight-up sandalwood. It almost seems to have a sour note that comes through now and again as well, and it really smell different on my skin than it does in the bottle. Like most of the other TF Private Blends, it's nuclear in its projection and longevity, so be prepared to submit yourself if you wear it.

I dislike a number of the TFs due to their belligerence, but this one has the right combination of pleasant and interesting, making it a little less offensive to those around. Worth a sniff if you're into rich, complex, woody frags.

mickers
mickers

I would say unisex - def a creamy sandalwood fragrance...not too creamy and slightly buttery. There is oud in this and you wouldn't guess it without knowing but now that I know I can feel the warmth from it. Also has a slight freshness from musk and touch of spice and cedar. The florals in this are really light and not overbearing to me otherwise I would hate it. Beautiful stuff. It sits on the skin average and is not a projection beast like some of the other blends. Just a beautiful soft slightly powdery aura enveloping your body. This is not the type of powder that offends me cause it's not overbearing and there is enough creamy butteriness to offset it. Longevity is an issue for me with this frag though. Gets rather uninspiring pretty quick...sad, it has such great potential.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

wow this one blew me away. i tested all of tom fords private line today at neiman marcus and this one stood out to me. its on my to buy list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mimikins24
mimikins24

I really do not get much in this fragrance other than the sandalwood. If that is what you after, then this will be a homerun, but for me it was linear and boring.

In addition, I found the sandalwood to be very sharp, almost acidic or bitter, not at all deep, rich or smoky. For me, I would equate it to a high pitched, sharp note in an opera. Definitely grating to me.

On the other hand, the sillage and longevity are A1, but I find it hard to imagine this on anyone but a man. Definitely a hardcore sandalwood scent, but also definitely not for me!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A fresh powdery woody creamy suede like scent is what I'm picking up here and if this is Sandalwood then it smells like it has been watered down. Smells a bit like womens hand cream, I will have to pass on this one.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is a creamy very fine sandalwood. From first spray to drydown the dominant notes I got were the sandalwood and jasmine and ylang-ylang. This is quite sweet but with a little bit of spice in the drydown for warmth.

For lovers of fine sandalwood this should be a 10 out of 10. This fragrance also has lots of staying power- will stay on your skin overnight and a pretty hefty sillage.

darkhorse
darkhorse

Whatever else could I wish for, I think when wearing this first class scent. Still, too special for everyday use, so I go for it sparingly.
Very sophisticated, very warm, a combination which is my fav.

franchizzy
franchizzy

Hey everyone, Tom Ford Santal Blush is a sandalwood based fragrance which I believe to be unisex is an amazing scent. What I get is chopped roses rubbed with wood chips. The spices are mild and smooth while the oud is soft at the base. The musk plays a big role for me in this fragrance. If you are looking for an alternative look at Gucci Rush for men and vice versa being Gucci Rush for Men is discontinued, which is identical to this fragrance here. Words that describe this fragrance would definitely be, lush, chic, sexy, proactive, sophistication, and unisex. I would also like to mention there is a slight powderyness if that's a word LOL, but a great fragrance nonetheless.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Santal blush = spiced wood chips and sawdust. Burning wood. It smells a little sinful. Kind of a cross between spicy oriental Samsara and crazy Dzing! When I say "wood", it really feels like you're smelling actual wood.

As it stays on the spices fade a bit and the fragrance smells clear/silky transparent wood/white floralish with addition of the jasmine. It's texture here is very thin to me which is a nice change since usually jasmin is thick and in your face (I also love that side of jasmin though like in Bvlgari Mon Jasmin).

This is good for an everyday scent but not something I would run to for Romantic evening dates- I would head on over to Jasmin Rouge for that. However, Santal Blush would be GOEGEOUS on a crisp fall day.

This perfume is predominantly sandalwood, but the other, extremely subtle, notes add direction to the overall composition so you end up with a sandalwood that is soft, smooth, aromatic, and even a bit coconutty, which is how sandalwood tends to smell on me. This one's CREAMY. I get a touch of cinnamon just in the first several minutes. As the perfume dries down I notice some exotic florals as well as a pretty strong resinous note, which I guess would be the benzoin. It all makes for a casual yet elegant sandalwood.

I am not a fan of Diptyque's Tam Dao, which is weak and smells like particle board. Tom Ford's take on sandalwood is so much finer and more natural, probably the most distinct sandalwood I've had the pleasure of wearing (well, Santal 33 by Le Labo is equally impressive). Lovers of sandalwood should definitely test. Love the blush-colored bottle too!

Muzoona
Muzoona

This is the most long lasting perfume i have ever expert. i sprayed on my rest and the scent last for two days !! i didn't wash my rest in purpose. and found that this perfume never leave your body..

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

This fragrance just oozes sensuality, every time I think of it, I want to close my eyes and utter a soft "mmmm....." nude, plump, supple--amazing... reminds me of Serge Lutens Santal Blanc, but Tom Ford's version is richer to my nose.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

This spicy woody fragrance is mesmerizingly beautiful. It's soft, comforting, it has almost velvety texture. Lasts very long time and doesn't shout for attention but exudes sophistication and class. Easily unisex although marketed towards women. Oh and the bottle suits it's character very well. Crystal, nude perfection.

ylang21
ylang21

I can´t get enough. It´s so gorgeous!

Quade
Quade

I've always been a big fan of Tom Ford and when I saw Santal Blush I was quite excited because Oud was listed as one of the notes and Oud has been a long time favourite for me. The way its been infused with the sandalwood and the spices has been done beautifully and it smells very refined on the skin. The fragrance does dry down to something quite sweet, almost quite average for a Tom Ford fragrance. Theres nothing wrong with average but when you're paying that much money for a fragrance, its fair to expect a lot more than that. But in typical Tom Ford style, the fragrance has been made well and it lasts a long time.

Clementine479
Clementine479

I bought this blind and it is gorgeous. It is woodsy, but creamy and just so luxe. It actually reminds me just a little of Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau. It all depends on chemistry and I am just delighted it works for me!

fanny
fanny

I love it.
The woods and spices make it very impressive. A true member of the Ford family (with Black Orchid as its stronger, sultry, -unidentical- twin).
With only one sample of Santal Blush in my wardrobe, I'm steadfast on the lookout for more...!

ms. m
ms. m

Nearly pure evil, this fragrance sends me into a fit on the self-destructive side of ambivalence. What artistry! The wood is gorgeous, as are the many other notes and rue (as in the culinary blend, not the street). Unfortunately, there is also a dirty note that creates the effect of a heavenly scent sprayed into a sweaty armpit. This is not the smell of culinary cumin; it's sweat. Too bad because the rest of it is so beautiful.

eid-althani
eid-althani

amazing warm sweet spicey woody sex in a bottele

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

As a perfume connoisseur, its soft once it dries down but very seductive in the night. If Tom Ford makes a shower gel and body creme it will compliment it immensely.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

The scent of this fragrance on the test strip was lovely; delicate, warm and with a delicate sensuality. The sample sprayed on my skin, however, was a real disappointment. The only note I got was plastic (or perhaps hot rubber..). I was hoping it would develop into something more pleasant, so I did not immediately run to wash it off...and of course, it did nothing. I got the same, plasticky odour. And, it did not wash off, of course...and it lasted well over 12 hours...Oh, well...

Jndena
Jndena

I liked the idea of this perfume and liked it in the bottle, but was soon trying to wash it off my wrist after testing it. There is a soft, powdery, feminine, earthiness which is very attractive, but then it gets perfumey and a little weird and loses me. Fico d'India from Ortigia is very similar but a little more grounded and a little more soulful ... I don't get anything spicy, or woody from this, but perhaps there is a very subtle woodiness at the bottom. I'm an amber lover, and though the idea of this fragrance would never be my signature, it is a nice change of pace best for spring or summer, or the office.

Roshap
Roshap

this is a rather vulgar fragrance, albeit not quite as vulgar as mr. ford's ad campaigns. having said that, i would still really like santal blush if not for all the cumin. the sandalwood is creamy, and there are floral notes that are not overly sweet. both good things in my opinion. but the cumin is so prominent that it just ruins the whole scent for me. a real pity, i think. for me, the best sandalwood is still the old samsara (also rather loud) that used the real thing.

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

Well, i had a sample of this one given me at Holt Renfrew. I thought, it should be somehow good, if it is that expensive for a bottle. This one is the rarerest rabish, sorry. Smells like a mixture of garlic and something more ...

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

PERFECT review B-Boy93!!! You are absolutely correct in everything you said! How could anyone miss the point of this gorgeous creation?? Well, obviously, as you said, untrained noses and uneducated minds in the area of Tom Ford's mastery of the art of blending high quality ingredients! He is one of the greats! The Jasmin Rouge is so opposite but equally as enchanting. On me, it was lush, fresh, jasmin mixed with rich black leather, definitely on the naughty girl side of scents, very bold and intoxicating.

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

After reading previous reviews posted on numerous fragrance forums, I was preparing myself for disappointment; I arrived in Harvey Nichols and immediately located the newly refurbished and expanded Tom Ford counter (the previous arrangement had proved unsuitable for the large influx of new products: the make-up and skin care range.) I suppose I had arrived with the intention of purchasing another Private Blend, and so began with testing the two new fragrances, the first of course being the perfume in question – Santal Blush – and the second being Jasmin Rouge. Both proved to be completely different to my expectations. Jasmin Rouge, described so eloquently on the website as ‘voluptuous’, ‘audacious’ and taking the white flower to ‘new facets of erotic decadence’, proved rather sweet on my skin. Indeed, instead of the spice and leather I had been expecting, I experienced a rather unremarkable, mass-market pleasing ‘bubble gum’ ubiquity to it; my first disagreement with any of Tom Ford’s fragrances.
It was then I sampled Santal Blush. I was so taken aback by it’s unexpected soft, sweet top-notes, that for a moment I has unable to comment. I had prepared my nose for a harsh woody experience, and instead found myself smelling an almost nectar like composition; earthy, natural, enchanting. Entirely pleasant, I assume this was provided by the heady ylang ylang and rose absolute lacing with the cumin seed oil. The Sri-Lankan cinnamon bark oil – which I am lead to believe has acquired Orpur status – works well with the sandalwood, Masala spices and Agarbois to paint a Middle-Eastern portrait of bazaars, mosques and the Moroccan dars. Not dissimilar to Serge Luten’s ‘Arabie’, the two could be distant cousins – the story of ‘Santal Blush’ however is more refined, more proper and hence is without the sugariness, gourmand and glacé notes which have always proved rather overwhelming and perhaps rather unwearable in ‘Arabie’.
I think to truly appreciate the beauty of Santal Blush, one has to have prior knowledge of the Tom Ford brand – it’s standards and quality reputation of it’s ingredients – the magic here would be lost on the untrained nose. ‘Subtle’ is a word not often seen in the lexicon of Tom Ford, however, I believe that is the effect which has been achieved. The Private Blend has always proved a haven from the gaucheness of celebrity brands and mass market fragrance, and Santal Blush is a welcome addition to the range, and indeed anyone’s personal perfume collection.

Both Santal Blush and Jasmin Rouge are available from Harvey Nichols, Selfridges and Harrods, priced £125 for 50ml and £285 for 250ml.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Creamy sandalwood evocative of being in an Asian woodshop, or Asian furniture store in general. There's a slight mustiness thanks to the oud, but otherwise it's all sandalwood. Something I'd like to smell when unpacking heirlooms from an old sandalwood chest, but not on my person.

suile
suile

I preferred Jasmin Rouge over this one, which is a pungent sandalwood fragrance. It gave me a definite feeling of being trapped inside a sandalwood chest. Might make a good air freshener but I don't think too many people will want to go around smelling like this. Had to negotiate my way to the restrooms to get rid of it, something I almost never have to do, because years of fragrance testing have toughened me up.

Scentrist
Scentrist

I must concede Kterhark's points on this in the same way that I've thoroughly trashed Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille, or in a way that I've felt that Amber Absolute is not a statement on Amber but rather an adaptation wrapped within a cloak of incenses. Yes, it's a Sandalwood, though I've appreciated much better Sandalwood fragrances (try Le Labo's Santal 33, for example).

I think it's fair to say that Ford likes his incenses, but has a tendency to bring that a few steps beyond where he should by making the scent less about the signature note and more about the amalgam of ingredients. This is a case where more is not necessarily better. I suspect Kterhark is unsettled from the serious case of spice and identity crisis that is this scent. While I've given a "not-bad/unremarkable" vote to this, it's not a scent I'd recommend and certainly not one I suspect my wife would wear versus his Arabian Wood (which she loves).

One thought: He displaced Bois Rouge and Japon Noir to make way for this?

Kterhark
Kterhark

I spritzed a good helping of this on my décolleté while at Nordies. There are so many scents there that its hard to pass judgment, so it wasn't until I was on my way home that I sniffed my wrist and thought, "is this a joke?"

I don't think I've ever smelled anything this bad, it's truly a show stopper. It's screechy, offensive, harsh and about as chemical smelling as you can get. I had a kinder reaction to secretions magnifique, if that says anything. NOw I hate cinnamon, which I should mention, but there is something else here that is just plain revolting.

Alright, you get the gist. Try it at your own risk.

CavyQueen
CavyQueen

A quote from Mr. Tom Ford:

"TOM FORD SANTAL BLUSH is a mesmerizing, spicy wood oriental designed around the richly textured creaminess of Sandalwood, and contrasted with exotic Eastern spices, intoxicating florals, and sumptuous woods. This is a complex scent with a hypnotic and mysterious pull. Masala spices from India, Cinnamon Bark Oil Sri Lanka ORPUR™, Cumin Seed Oil, Fenugrec Absolute and Carrot Seed Oil, are enriched by a floral blend of Jasmine Absolute, Rose Absolute and Ylang Madagascar. An infusion of richly textured Sandalwood captives, Australian Sandalwood, Benzoin, Agarbois™ and Skin Musks, transport the scent to another level. A nude colored juice displayed in a transparent bottle, Santal Blush expresses a modern earthiness. It is as sensual as beautifully contoured nude skin."

Santal Blush by Tom Ford 4.08 out of 5 based on 345 ratings and 84 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Santal Blush fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Santal Blush, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Santal Blush by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Santal Blush by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.