Designers » T-Z » Oriental Spicy « Groups

dislike

I have it: 1406 I had it: 202 I want it: 2198 My signature: 75

tobacco
cacao

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for women and men. Tobacco Vanille was launched in 2007. Top notes are tobacco leaf and spicy notes; middle notes are tonka bean, tobacco blossom, vanilla and cacao; base notes are dried fruits and woody notes.

Tobacco Leaf Spicy Notes

Luna Rossa Extreme

Tobacco Vanille Fragrance Reviews

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

Tom Ford`s Tobacco Vanille + Noir de Noir + Café Rose = A chocolate and vanilla covered red rose sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar growing in your garden... Absolutely decadent!

EternityFresh
EternityFresh

Tobacco Vanille is definitely a head turner! For me it starts off pretty loud with tobacco and spice and after the vanilla comes into play. The dry down is very Soft with hints of vanilla and dry fruits. It is very strong and on me it lasts all day, I love it!!

shivabglr
shivabglr

It's crazy that this stuff just doesn't project on me...or maybe there's something wrong with my decant or my nose?!

claytron
claytron

BEAST MODE!
Got a sample of this while in Vegas. Wore it out on the town and enjoyed it All night long. This spicey, vanilla, tabacco scent is to die for.
One of my favorite things about TV is the way it just keeps getting stronger and stronger as the hours wear on. Seriously keeps morphing and amplifying for 4-5 hours on my skin. After that it levels off and stays there for the rest of the day and night.
All of this with two sprays... This is a testiment to the quality of this juice. I have worn it a few more times since and it is the same story every time. I am sad that it is now spring and it's no longer suitable due to the warm weather. TV reminds me of the fall months and winter holidays. Very calming and comforting to my nose but turns my Girlfriend into a maniac lol. She cant get enough of this scent.
So is it worth the price tag you ask? Absolutly! This bottle would last me(or most other collectors)many, many years. Its not cheap but exceptional products rarely are. Do yourself a favor and get your nose on this, you won't regret it.

Longevity: BEAST MODE! Apply lightly.
Projection: 6 feet easily
SIllage: 10 hours, maybe more

P.S. If your unger 25... good luck pulling this one off.

ForrealMe2
ForrealMe2

So while at Saks the sales associate gave me a good amount of Tobacco Vanille to have in a cute container..my goodness this stuff is soo good!! Yum! The first thing you get is sweet spices of cinnamon and incense, truly the best spices i have smelled in a long time outside of coromandel,prada intense & obsession and believe it or not some similarities to my vintage Tabu!.The spice is like the spice in Kenzo L'Elephant but way more toned down to wear.. its calm and enjoyable.It smells kinda boozy, but i think that is the mixture of the different fruits,vanilla and tobacco for sure and then as you really take a nice deep sniff of the fragrance there is the lovely cocoa in the mix..the whole fragrance is warm,cozy and rich.This stuff falls in my category of not just sexy, but damn sexy..like the type that catches you off guard..wow.. and decadent..i will have to invest in this one later on when i am able to for sure but i will enjoy what the SA gave me...this is fantastic..totally unisex..and definately a night on the town type of scent or even the serious business type can pull this off. One thing for sure is when you wear this you will be noticed..it is absolutely delish!

C@nn@r
C@nn@r

When I first smelt TV I almost gagged at the sales counter. The Tom Ford rep looked at me in a judgmental way. Although he didn't comment I could tell he was not impressed with me. When I first took a whiff of TV I was expecting something different. My nose was assaulted with the strongest blend of sickly sweet raw vanilla, intense tobacco, and seemingly every spice from Grandma's spice rack mixed together to make an offensive blend. The man suggested I spray it on my skin and see if it changes. So I did against my own free will so as not to offend the sales rep. I left it be for a while and continued to sample other colognes. After about 20 minutes I smelled my wrist.

I wouldn't say it transformed, because it didn't really. Instead it just settled down a bit into a predominately vanilla based scent with a bit of smokey cigarettes in the background. I am not a fan of tobacco in fragrances. The only tobacco based scent I like is pure havane in which the tobacco is sweet and fruity. This tobacco was harsh and had an ashtray quality. So to say the least I was disappointed with it. For $210 dollars I cannot imagine smelling like vanilla and ashtray!! What makes it worse is that this cologne lasts forever and projects very well. My girlfriend had the same comment about TV as she had with TL. She said I smelled like a chain smoker! She couldn't stand it and it gave me a headache.

Now people reading this review probably will dismiss my review because they think I am a Tom Ford hater. To tell you the truth I think his line up is amazing. He works magic with his colognes. The private blend collection shows a clear mark of craftsmanship and quality that I think is among the best in the niche side. All of his colognes last and project very well However that being said his strong scents just might not be for me.

Projection: 10/10
Versatility: 5/10
Overall: 7.5

I really wanted to like TV :(

SCBoch
SCBoch

Got a small decant of this as a part of a trade with a friend. It was snowing when I woke up this morning (odd for late late March), and so I thought this would be a perfect day to try a cold-weather fragrance before it got too warm. Sprayed 1 spray across my chest this morning, and another on my wrist, which I then press to heat point on my neck.
At first the scent wasn't bad, but it quickly had me almost to the point of gagging. It seemed far too sickly sweet, and the tobacco smell is just something that I can't see myself wearing. I quickly went to the bathroom and scrubbed my neck and chest with soap, although some of the smell continues to linger. For the day I am very unhappy with this scent. Maybe I'll wind up with a better appreciation once I smell the dry-down in a few hours time, but for the moment this is not a scent I will wear again. :(

kayley123

On my skin, this is ALMOST identical to Phaedon Tabac Rouge. I really like both of them.
To me, they are both very strong, thick, and spicy-sweet, and both last a good 10 hours or more.

They are QUITE similar--the only differences I noticed were TR has sweet cinnamon, and TV has clove, which is not as sweet and smells like a very spicy cinnamon, and there is a powdery cacao/chocolate note in the drydown of TV, but none or very little in TR. I don't notice the difference unless I smell them side-by-side, very very closely.

bacall
bacall

Sweet Jesus! Where to begin? This stuff is the nads!!! The epitome of distinction! This stuff should come with a caveat: Do not wear if you want to go unnoticed! Unbelievably scrumptious - the smooth tobacco prevents it from inducing toothache! Longevity is crazy! Totally androgynous - Bang in the middle of feminine and masculine! I am a woman who loathes smelling like a bloke.....I have a penchant for edgy unique stuff and this fits the bill. I sprayed it on my coat sleeve a couple of times in Selfridges and the smell is not going anywhere! I finally received it as a gift yesterday and I feel privileged to have this in my life! It's that good!

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

Earth-shatteringly beautiful. As a vanilla/gourmand devotee who is trying to build a more serious fragrance collection, some of the higher end fragrance houses can be intimidating. Tobacco Vanille seemed palatable enough so I procured it as a blind-buy. Upon initial spray, I was mystified. Swirls of earthy tobacco woven with vanilla cream and kissed with spice. I couldn't take my nose from my wrist. With time, the scent evolved into a more robust and sweet fragrance, like a beautifully blended whiskey and a splash of Coke with a glossy, honeyed finish. Tobacco Vanille is simultaneously inviting and bold. I think I would loving smelling this on my SO just as much as I love wearing it. The longevity is just right and the scent screams sophistication and opulence in a sublimely androgynous way.

GuillaumeCuriel
GuillaumeCuriel

Foreword: Every perfume/cologne will smell different on everyone for a variety of reasons and can be influenced by things such as diet, the amount that's been put on, if you have showered or not, or the simple fact that certain scents smell better on you and others don't. Such as vanilla being sickly sweet on most people, or if you tend to consume cacao (especially with tobacco vanilla). Also, given that it's an eau de parfum, and a very powerful one at that, the intended use is 1-2 sprays (given that it's an EDP and a fine parfum) for a balance; and with 3 or more, the clove (the main spiciness, the scent that most people mistake for really spicy cinnamon, and old school medicine) the clove comes out, which can be a good or bad thing depending on whether or not you enjoy the scent of cloves like me, or detest it. But with 3 or more sprays, the scent will definitely fill the room, and will last far longer than 1 or 2. That being said, everyone's composition & diet is different, so use as many sprays as accordingly to your own body's chemistry and to your likes, and intended use, situation and location. Your certain, constant diet will greatly affect what is present in Tobacco Vanilla.

The scent lasts a long time, definitely for a day or two given the right conditions and dependent on the amount of sprays (can be renewed with a light mist of water) & you'll definitely smell it running off of your body in the shower. The initial scent of the tobacco on me is only present for roughly 5-20 minutes at most, the main scents that really pop out are as follows: Vanilla; Tonka Bean (rum and vanilla qualities); Clove (shows a light presence in just warmth); faint dried fruits; cacao; musk-woodiness.

The smell reminds me of what can be depicted a fine, old, english gentleman's study & library, drinking a fine rum or brandy, as well as smoking a pipe all while in a tweed coat & herringbone trousers. Or rather an old gentleman's club of a time long since past. The smell is definitely meant for that of a man past 30-35, and quite possibly depicted as the old English professor, dandy or outright gentleman.
That being said, it's a scent and a very old English scent at that;however, as stated earlier certain smells are amazing on certain people and other scents are not so flattering. I would recommend highly to perhaps sample the scent on you before committing to a purchase, or writing a negative review based solely on price or the fact that a previously common enough scent that doesn't suit you at all. That being said, Tobacco Vanille is not for one who detests strong smells, a person whom the scent of vanilla sickens too easily or vanilla in general doesn't work on your skin, or is expecting it to be made of pure gold. While it is 210 USD for 50ml & 280 USD for 100ml, for a scent that lasts a long time it isn't expensive at all. That being said, don't overspray it since it's an EDP (general use of 1-2 sprays as with any), neither you can't expect the world out of it. And as stated, if vanilla doesn't fare too well on your skin in general, do not try it.

Given that my natural scent is that of vanilla, musk, woodsy, and something of extreme warmth (can't put my finger on it), it suits me perfectly, along with other scents that are supposed to depict the old world. Out of all of the vanilla based scents that I own or ever tried, where the vanilla has a strong presence as well as the scent of tobacco, this is MY personal favorite. I would definitely recommend trying it if one favors the smell of an English dandy.

din.bolis

i thing the best perfumes of tom ford is tobacco oud and noir de noir and if you used together the result its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me

din.bolis

it had gotten a month ago because I had heard that the best and finally figured out that no good

zaetown
zaetown

Are you kidding me? This is a fragrance monster! And i mean in a good way. Has such great depth and range in its creation and makeup. Great for a dressy guy with class i guess a woman can pull this off due to its dry down. But it makes the rite kind of man down rite irrisistible; will get you noticed just about anywhere i cant wait to get a fb

K1
K1

Fiery dragon breath!
Tobacco Vanille is a number one warm, hot aromatic fragrance that is copied massively, nevertheless none of the followers could produce a precise replica.
This win-win emblem has something at the back of sweet smoky main-theme which is the key of success: woody spicy patch.
For me, this reminds some of the most iconic perfumes at once: Angel by Thierry Mugler for it honey-like delicious cacao; Burberry London for its warm welcoming cherry jam-like smell of premium tobacco; and Tom Ford Noir de Noir for its sexy vanilla dosage.
So it is prettily logical if this masterpiece is that much celebrity!

LanceDior
LanceDior

All I can remember from my strip test of this was saying 'wow', and then backing away before I got too interested in something so expensive. This and Tuscan Leather and Italian Cypress are sooooo glorious

miss_perfume
miss_perfume

best perfume for night

darktarot
darktarot

(Bu ürünü, İstanbul Zorlu Center Sevil ya da Beymen Mağazasında deneyebilirsiniz). Bana göre Tom Ford Private Blend serisindeki en başarılı parfüm Tobacco Vanilledir. Bazılarına göre sert ama bana göre gayet kıvamında kullanılmış bir tütün ile açılan parfüm, kuru meyveler ve asla sentetik kokmayan, hafif çikolatamsı baharatlı bir vanilya ile devam ediyor ve sonuna kadar bu tatlı vanilya duruyor.

Kalıcılık muhteşem seviyede, farkedilebilirlik çok çok harika. Her girdiğiniz ortamda veya geçtiğiniz her yerde farkediliyorsunuz. EDP olması nedeniyle mevsimsel olarak da, sıkılma sayısı olarak da dikkatli kullanılmalı. Sonbahar/Kış için çok uygun, yazın etrafınızdaki herkesi bayıltabilirsiniz. Zira adından da anlaşıldığı üzere çok fazla geçişkenliği olmayan ağır bir parfüm. Özellikle 30 yaş ve üzeri beylerin/bayanların kullanması daha uygun. Genç yaştaki kişilerde ağır kalacağını düşünüyorum.

Vanilyanın nasıl olduğunu tarif etmem gerekirse kesinlikle Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male'deki gibi değil!! Buradaki vanilya sentetik ve krema gibi değil, gerçek bir vanilya çubuğu gibi kokuyor. Fiyatı ise oldukça pahalı. 50 ml ürünün yaklaşık fiyatı 550 - 600 TL civarında.

Redbeard
Redbeard

The progression between the stages of this stuff was very slow for me last time, so I'll get through as much of it as I can today. Initially, I'd call it soda plus chocolate, with a vein of something fruit-based that provides a streak of coolness across the warm sweetness, at least for the first few minutes. I think there's both coffee and caramel, a slight nuttiness, and of course tobacco, and I actually like this phase quite a bit because I find there's enough earthiness and dust to cut the sweetness. It's a surprisingly masculine gourmand, and the soda/cola connotations here are OK by my standards because they're more like the cola-flavored Bottle Caps candy, sort of a toned down reference to cola. The overall smoothness of the mixture is rather remarkable, with nothing sticking out and the individual notes blurring into one another. Even the extreme sweetness, which might normally be suffocatingly heavy, stays restrained by the other components for now; it comes across as more of a liqueur sweetness (frangelico, kahlua, and bailey's?) than a candy sweetness. It risks being very potpourri-ish, and as much as I like potpourri, I worry that it would call to mind too many associations with your prim and proper aunt Georgina's elaborate Christmas decorations. Ultimately, the vanilla gets stronger and more insistent very slowly over many hours, and eventually ends up being a bit much for me as the earthier notes fade. A very interesting blend, but I agree that the first hour or two is what's worthwhile.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

I'm lounging in an Eames fine leather chair in front of a live fireplace. Crackling wood and flying embers. Lighting a Stadivarius Churchill, sipping on Legacy Rum. Flickering candle-fire from the Madagascan vanilla candles shift from wall to wall. An olive complected woman lies bare on a Persian carpet, picking fruit from a bowl.

Tobacco Vanille is so beautifully composed. Every note is an event, one melting into another like jazz. It holds a premeditated mood that you want to savor with each wear. Never too much tobacco, never too much vanilla. Just a perfect balance of many very sensual notes that play in harmony.

flowermom
flowermom

i had to have this scent in my collection, mainly because, well im a perfume hoarder, (tis my only fault honest!!) and out of all the perfumes i own (which as a hoarder is a fair few....)this is the only one i have "gripes" with, on first spray, "sherlock holmes abode" springs to mind, an antique smell, worn leather, some one puffing on a cigar, some one else in the kitchen cooking a gourmet dinner, a waft of "mystery", now if it stayed like this, well that would be awesome, and infact on me, it stays like this for about an hour, then the tobacco element leaves without so much as a goodbye, and this isnt a good thing, because then a medicine scent kicks in and im thinking "labority experiments going on" so i top up the smell with a fresh spray, which is ok for abit, then i get overload and when i sniff my top its just as if i have wiped the fabric inside a dirty ashtray, on more than one occasion i have had to change my clothes and jump in the shower to remove the scent, only to "crave" the perfume a few days later and so the cycle repeats...anyhoo i have recently been spraying marc jacobs "honey" over the top of tobacco vanille and it pretty much works!! the honey toning down the "medicine" smell when the lovely tobacco element wanders off....a very love/hate relationship but definatly an interesting one!!!

sybaris
sybaris

The opening was cinnamon, vanilla and a pinch of cherry tobacco, then just cherry vanilla and a hint of cinnamon. Lasts a long time though

I really wanted to love this but I don't want to smell like Dr. Pepper all day

hullhockey91
hullhockey91

Im going to start off by saying im terrible at picking up notes.

In this, I get something like a very spicy cinnamon. Im not getting that huge vanilla drydown like most. It almost reminds me of a shot of "fireball" whiskey.

Definitely not what I expected.

Unfortunately I dislike.

ColognesInCollege
ColognesInCollege

I don't really have much to saw about this fragrance other than 'wow', 'holy fuck' and 'where have you been all my life?'.
I've heard people say that they either don't smell the tobacco note or that the tobacco note is overwhelming. Honestly I didn't find either to be the case. The tobacco is there all throughout the opening and the mid though I did find it to have lessened dramatically as it approached the base on my skin. The vanilla note, however, stays around forever.
I was a fan of vanilla before this but had only really ever had the lower end vanillas (Le Male, Eros etc) and I cannot believe how different the vanilla note is in this perfume. It's thick, rich and yet it smells completely natural. It has none of the sometimes synthetic harshness I get from other designer vanillas and basically just blew my socks off.
The opening is thick and I immediately regretted putting my nose against the skin of my wrist as the initial blast is ridiculously huge. As it ages on my skin the scent opens up and becomes a bit less dense though it continues to project for what feels like forever. The first night I wore this I swear I could still smell it wafting in the backseat of the car and then as a skin scent the morning after.
I feel like the tobacco and vanilla vie for dominance early but then in the mid and down to the base the vanilla pulls away to become the dominant note. During the life of the fragrance I also get the spices. I can't discern any specific spice other than that of what feels like cinnamon.

This to me hits every box. Projects like a monster, longevity of 3 and a half weeks on my skin and a scent to die for. Whilst a lot of other fragrances have done vanilla and also tobacco, I feel this also hits the uniqueness box for me to as I cannot place another perfume that has done was Tom Ford does and even remotely approached the quality within this bottle.

Gotta be a perfect 10/10.

P.S. Having spent a large portion of my Friday night in a boutique, I can safely say that Tom Ford perfumes are going to ruin my bank account. Noir de Noir why are you so attractive to me as a follow-up purchase!

GMK
GMK

Starts very strong heady and dense but gradually settles to a smooth creamy vanilla / Almond Scent.
Its strange to see no Almonds listed in the notes as there is a strong and persistent vibe of Almonds , Vanilla along with smooth and light Tobacco.

Tobacco Vanille seems very similar to Dior Hypnotic Poison to me and can be a very nice option for the ladies who like HP Dior.

I personally love smelling it on others (especially Ladies) but cant wear it, A very long lasting and sweet (in a good way) fragrance.

majestic mammy
majestic mammy

Memoir Men by Amouage is more appealing. Tribute Attar is much much more appealing.

Nice but not a fan of TV. I admire a few TF creations, this sits on the fence with my back to it.

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

This perfume is growing on me. At first I was put off by the very strong tobacco note once first sprayed. However, it dried down to a mellow, warm, well-rounded vanilla/sweet smoke-ish scent which I love. Going to ask later today what hubby thinks - then perhaps trade up my sample vial to a larger bottle :-).

lexiemercado
lexiemercado

My boyfriend recently bought this..wow can't stop smelling him when he wears this! I love the tobacco note!! So yummy

lessthanjane
lessthanjane

I put this perfumes on my Christmas gift list, my boyfriend managed to get a bottle. But frankly, I've had no idea how expensive they are, £110 per 50ml bottle! It still makes me feel guilty. Especially because it was a blind buy.

But this is truly the best perfumes I have ever had in my life.
Initially they smell very spicey and chocolatey on me, but then the smell mellows and becomes softer and sweeter.
I am very surprised there is no note of honey in it, cause after couple of hours honey, vanilla, tobacco and some woody type of notes are dominant.
The smell is not overwhelming though, it's very relaxed, soft, mellow, sweet... but it's definitely not typical "feminine" type of sweet, I could easily imagine a man wearing is as well.
The longevity is outstanding. I usually wash most of my clothes after wearing it once, out of a habit. But now I happen to wear tops and jumper few times before washing, as the sweet remains of Tobacco Vanilla are too good to wash them off. At the end of the day, when I'm going back home stressed out and tired, I sniff my clothes to relax!

Tobacco Vanilla is beautiful and makes my heart melt a bit. I feel better when I wear it. Strongly recommend.

scrappydoo
scrappydoo

My husband wears this and it's intoxicating! I just follow him and breathe!

patches
patches

Very smooth sweet and lightly spiced honey'd (effect of fruits note) tobacco infused with just the perfect amount of vanilla. This is a one of a kind seductive, addictive scent that lasts for hours on end. Unfortunately both a decant and tester on my skin went far too sweet (meanwhile had blind bought a 50ml bottle that was being shipped..) This new bottle needs a new home. I loved it on my friend, but it does not smell the same on me, I wish it did, it is a very sensual unisex scent.

hannahmom
hannahmom

Starts off with the potential to be a real winner - Boozy, spicy vanilla with rich cigar undertone. Once the booze opener fades, a rich spicy note appears, and again, all is good. An hour past that and there is not a trace of it on my skin. It was fantastic until it simply wasn't there. I was really looking forward to the drydown, but it doesn't look like I will get one.

Lovely so far as it goes, but it does not go nearly far enough for or on me.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

The second fragrance that literally stopped me in my tracks. After tauer maroccain. This is an outstanding scent that will work for you in any situation.

Mighty lion

FRAGRANCE UPDATE* Just to be clear if you're a fragrance connoisseur in any way shape form or fashion , this is a must have for your collection.. This is a fragrance masterpiece a symphony of olfactory bliss.. One of the best fragrances ever made bar none!! Even if you dislike the smell of tobacco the prominent note, it's so well blended with the vanilla and tonka bean you would still have to give this credit.. I only wear this in the winter on the coldest of nights when I'm called on to be spectacular for the evening.. That would probably be my only negative comment I only wear this like 3 or 4 times a year, wish it were more.. The fragrance is that rich, that intriguing, I only wear to "special special" occasions. TFTV is distinguished, sexy as hell, and is destined to be a fragrance legend.. All hail the king of tobacco fragrances!!

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford

SUBJECTIVE

Like Tom Ford’s other fragrances, the name of this one beautifully sums it up. Arguably the best tobacco-centered fragrance on the market, this one elegantly balances sweetness and spice. The rich, authentic tobacco is strong throughout its course, but becomes delicately supported by an attention-seeking vanilla note as it dries down. The other notes like tonka bean and woods are not easily discernable, but it is obvious that the presence of these accessory notes are blended together sublimely to primarily soften the tobacco as well as boost its staying power.

Hopefully I have convinced you that Tobacco Vanille’s image has nothing to do with tobacco as a substance, but rather elevates it to a level of sophistication more suitable while dressed up, not dressed down. Even if you know the note of tobacco to be particularly distasteful, Tobacco Vanille may still be up your alley because the tobacco note, while the obvious star, is blended so magically with a handful of sweet notes (vanilla principally) that you will seek repentance for your prejudice against tobacco.

OBJECTIVE

Also like the entire Tom Ford Private Blend line, this fragrance over-performs on the skin once applied. It lasts up to a day, with a monstrous projection during the first 12 hours thereof. I would recommend two sprays to the back of the neck and two sprays to the shirt to ensure the tobacco note sticks around while the vanilla starts to take over on the skin six hours post-application. This cologne will do you well on a cool day or cool night, any time of the year. Please however, do not be so foolish as to apply it in the heat and intoxicate yourself and everyone around you with it – remember we are going for tobacco the upscale scent, not tobacco the biohazard.

IMPRESSION

Tom Ford’s most special fragrance from his niche line, this delicious creation will remain on its pedestal for a long time. Its marvel lies in a flawless blend of notes from start to finish in spite of a simplicity in the choice and number thereof. The dynamic yet robust plus sweet yet spicy natures of the tobacco note in Tobacco Vanille also make it a timeless cologne.

PLAN

If you refer to yourself as a fragrance enthusiast, then this fragrance belongs in your fragrance collection. It is only because of its high price that I do not recommend blind-buying it. This fragrance may, however, be too daring for you and your audiences if your cologne collection comprises less than ten bottles or if you are in search for a general “people pleaser.” One thing is for sure: if you cannot decide whether fragrance for you is an art for yourself or a service for others, Tobacco Vanille will unmistakably push you in the former direction. ★★★★★

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

Cigarette and cigar smokers would quit to smell like this scent. I love the smell of Tobacco, and sooooooo many times in life have I been searching for the perfect tobacco scent, and this is it. If this were real tobacco, I would never smoke it because it smells that good. It is a swanky cigar lounge in a bottle. So long lasting. There is a reason this is so expensive. This is a rich, perfectly crafted scent. I love you Tom Ford.

Ashcroft87
Ashcroft87

After long long time I tried this fragrance earlier today.
I 've seen so many comments and hyper recommendations through the huge variety of forums in the best winter smell to wear...But..

I've been fairly disappointed this time as, personally, I think is either too much overrated or all the people out there have the same noses and tastes. :)

The opening feels like rhumy with hints of malt, just like the beginning of A*men pure malt with the only difference that you feel more density as Tobacco Vanille is EDP.
For the rest it keeps evolving from a chocolate warm smell to a dry down dominated from the cocoa (if you do have cocoa mosturizer you can layer it up and you will need only 2 sprays for all day long) :D

Probably if you like or love dior homme I bet you will dig this one.

Here in uk the airport price for the 50ml is £112.
Not good enough for myself to spend those money on.
Matter of tastes I suppose :)

bnicholasboo
bnicholasboo

My nose stops smelling this in 45 minutes, but everyone smells me for as long as 14+ hours. Sprayed a spray on my hand AND 30 HOURS LATER I WOKE UP WITH IT STILL ON MY HAND...STRONG! This juice is amazing. Premium price for premium quality. We'll worth the investment.

henri345que
henri345que

This is not an everyday scent for me, maybe because the weather here isn`t always cold. Tobacco Vanille has heavy main notes that get pretty intense on hot days, distorting the harmony of its aroma. On colder days, though, is a cozy combination of honey, spicy tobacco and vanilla. I get first the honey aroma, slightly spicy, then the vanilla and at last a leafy and woody tobacco note. At the past i used to love it more, today i think it should be more interesting if you had more notes to improve its dynamic througout its evolution on skin (which is also a reason i wouldn`t wear it everyday, it seems a little bit tiresome).

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

really really dislike this. the reviews seemed amazing. i get a tonkified flat "mister pibb". there's almost a wintergreen lifesavers thing happening here too. super unappealing.

OK WAIT

this got really good
the velvety ness i associate with tom ford's stuff
does he have his own guerlinade type situation in that regard?

i get some chocolate and vanilla and the tobacco is full instead of "cigarettes in a wet ashtray" weirdness.

changed mah mind.

lisa.flynn.399
lisa.flynn.399

I had to donate my sample to my boyfriend who does enjoy wearing this. I can't stand it- either on him or on me! There is something too sickly sweet in this that remains all the way through to dry down and makes me feel nauseous. I think it's the type of vanilla used as Dior Addict has that same note and effect on me- although the TB loving boyfriend despises DA....

I love most of the Tom Ford fragrances I have tried but sadly this one is not a winner for me.

nero77
nero77

Complex fragrance...

This one is not easy to describe as just "Tobacco" and "Vanilla", I find it much more complex than that. To me this opens up with a huge wave of honey. Honey and dried fruit, coupled with boozy vanilla, almost like vanilla extract. It's very much in gourmand territory, and I think people who like gourmands will like this one. It can also be quite sweet and medicinal, almost syrup-like, and that can be overwhelming (or even perhaps cloying) if sprayed too much. It is a high strength Eau de Parfum, and a little goes a long way (no more than a couple of sprays). In that respect, you won't need much of it and it's worth the price in many respects, as it does smell very well made and expensive. I can pick up some very faint tobacco, but to my nose it's overshadowed by the sweetness of the vanilla, tonka bean, and honeyed-fruits. In conclusion, I think it's worth the price for what you get. I think it can come across as masculine, but it's also wearable by a well dressed woman. I find it a little linear to begin with, but I do appreciate that it changes in the dry down and you can pick out individual notes. Overall a very very well done fragrance by Tom Ford. Try it first, but I think many will love it. Addictive stuff!

frog23
frog23

BOOM!! This is the first hit i get from Tobacco Vanille. If you smoke cigars this is almost an exact smell of Acid cigars. Also reminds me of any vanilla flavored drink. It is ALL vanilla to me. That is not a terrible thing, vanilla is a nice smell.

Clearly a winter scent, probably wouldn't want this smell in the summer time. Unlike Noir de Noir, which i could wear all year and I place above Tabacco Vanille just because it has more notes than just vanilla on my skin. I have no issue with longevity or projection with this at all. Last most of the day and i can smell it on myself when just walking. It's not overpowering but easy up on it because I feel it could be. Plus, why would you spray so much of this on you unless you wanted to smell like a candy store.

There are certain scents i don't put blindly and go about my day. This is one of them. Not a scent to just WEAR to the store or to do whatever. I'll wear it to work sometimes.

I selected this as a I Love scent because I don't think it's just a Like for me, but really not a Love like I do with noir de noir. It's Tom Ford and I don't hate anything he does.

gvalentinotti
gvalentinotti

What makes this scent so special is the set of all its components that make it undoubtedly a very complex fragrance.
At first spray, you get impressed by the strength of tobacco and spices which give to the fragrance a very strong personality. After some time the spices reach a perfect harmony with the vanilla warming the skin so perfectly . The effect is a warm ,sweet and sensual fragrance, perfect for cold winter days and ideal for Christmas time. Sometimes, the spices and dry fruits with vanilla and tobacco make you imagine a warm wine brulè: as well the wine brulè will warm your hands and body, in the same way Tobacco Vanilla will warm your skin and your heart.
For me it was an unexpected gift at Christmas, and now, when I wear it, I feel sensual, sweet, feminine and very fashionable.
Congratulations to Tom Ford.

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

Eggnog........

If you're looking for a comparison, it doesn't get more definitive than that. This smells like sweet, boozy, spicy eggnog, plain and simple.

Not that that's a bad thing. I love eggnog....at Christmas time. Can't say it's something I want to smell like all year round though.

If you like warm, rich, slightly smokey sweetness, then Tobacco Vanille has to be in your collection.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

Absolutely wonderful.
I do not agree it's a gourmand. At first. Bare with me....
It's a fragrance with a story. It starts with a courtesan, she isn't the youngest but she is the most adored and powerful of them all. What she whispers to the politicians, bishops and wealthy tradesmen becomes law.
She smokes cigars, drinks strong liqeurs and absolutely adores chocolate.

The opening of this fragrance is like sticking your head into a huge humidor. I almost get that slightly wet, sticky sensation. It's definitely tobacco and what I'm holding in my hands is one of the more girly cigars.
I get a waft of resinous incense, like if someone has standing too close to the incense burner and the smell stuck on to the clothes.
So far this is not a gourmand but it's a sweet olfactory experience.

I don't know if it's something that Tom Ford intended or if this has something to do with my body chemistry but the dry down is an absolute orgy in white chocolate. The smell becomes positively eatable and transforms into the most scrumptious gourmand possible.
The longevity is quite amazing, I went for a 30 min swim and I could still get the last whiffs of this in the sauna after.
Super, super scent. Hats.... gloves.... and underpants off to this.

po
po

Tobacco Vanille is a my favorite of the Private Blends (followed by Noir de Noir and Amber Absolute) and a very interesting take on vanilla.

Sure it's not ultra complex but has layers that unfold harmoniously, great sillage and longevity, you can certainy tell it's creative in it's simplicity and high quality.

The opening is mostly about dried tobacco leaves and a good amount of cloves. The vanilla becomes more prominent as it dries down and the cacao makes me think of freshly baked brownies but in a very abstract way. Since the woody notes are there as well I wouldn't say it smells edible at all, so don't worry about smelling like a desert if you're concerned about it.

I think a man can wear it easily; yes, it is sweet but not syrupy, with this amount the tobacco in the opening and the woods in the drydown it can't possibly be a girly perfume.

Overall I'm very pleased to have Tobacco Vanille in my collection since it's an unusual perfume with bold presence, major compliment getter and satisfies my tobacco cravings - no I'm not a smoker, just appreciate the scent - but seems to be a hit-or-miss as well so try before you buy.

jesmies
jesmies

Bought a 5ml tester. Applied one spray. First thoughts: awful. Really strange and it's like vanilla mixed with cinnamon and something gingerbread-like. The gingerbread association stays forever. Had to shower after having this on for few hours. After shower I had some of the smell left and in REALLY TINY doses it is ok.

Summary: I don't like it at all. Maybe I'm too young for it (24) or something, but definately not meant for me. Big disappointment.

Michael1962

Smells similar to Hermes Ambre Narguile with a dose of tobacco but more mature and spicier and less gourmand,cloying and heavy.
The vanilla here is naturally sweet after the initial tobacco phase has mellowed slightly.
Warm,cosy and dry and extremely addictive.
May well be full bottle worthy next autumn/winter as this has really grown on me.

curtmaster
curtmaster

@ Sharmap14 I tried Tabac Rouge for the first time the day after thanksgiving and I too must say that it is a good alternative to Tobacco Vanille. It isn't as strong and as sweet but is still good.

sharmap14
sharmap14

compared this to tabac rouge side by side and i am no fanboy of TF but yeah it wins, TF is sweeter richer more intense last longer is a better juice altogether compared to TR. But, if however you cant afford TV my second option would be TR cuz its the closest anything has came to TV, bringing me to the conclusion that i need to go get a FB of TV

AnaCezar
AnaCezar

Tobacco vanille lasts pretty long, over 12 hours, and has a great sillage too, I can feel it around me all the time even if a spray little. Though the tobacco note is stronger during the first hour, it does not disappear at all, at least not on my skin. In fact, the tobacco note makes this vanilla scent very ellegant yet not in a retro style, so it´s a perfect fragrance for adult gourmand lovers. High quality.

Critic
Critic

Odd, but beautiful.

Long lasting, rich and utterly intoxicating. Warm and inviting.

UdayLalan
UdayLalan

I fully agree with the reviewer below. It smells
great for an hour or so. ( I got best compliments in
first hour) After that tobacco gets fed up,
divorces vanilla and gets away for good, never
to return.

After one hour people told me you smell like a
cake.

Please Mr.Tom add more tobacco and you will have
a winner in your hands that will give your
competeters a run for their money.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

THE NAME SAYS IT ALL

Well, not exactly. Perhaps for the first hour. Yes, folks, the first hour we do have a nice balance of both the sweet vanilla and spicy tobacco with a hint of cherry.

One hour in - tobacco goes on a permanent vacation and leaves behind Vanilla and a few remnant spices. What we are left with is a holiday baked treat.

Clearly not what I was hoping for.

katushka37
katushka37

Finally I got my hands on Tobacco Vanille!
On me it is not your typical gourmand sweet vanilla, it is more smoky and spicy (think of fresh vanilla bean rather than sugar). It stays close to skin but I like it this way!

jacobbonilla
jacobbonilla

Opening smells like Hanson's Rootbeer.

SDavis93
SDavis93

This is a nice fragrance. For the first few hours i get the smell of honey and a lot of cloves you also get that sweet dry hay smell as well. when it dries down you get very subtle smooth tobacco with cocoa. This fragrance is a sweet one its stays sweet from top to bottom, but it doesn't get sickly sweet it stays balanced due to the spice notes. its a very nice warm, spicy, creamy scent. good longevity 9+hours , projection is ok it does sit close to the skin. 9/10
Also the name isn't what the fragrance gives me i think its misleading, it should be called 'Sweet Spices' or something along those lines. because to me its a sweet spicy scent with a hint of tobacco, still very nice though.

anna.voulgari1
anna.voulgari1

This is probably the most extreme powerhouse I've ever bought. The tobacco and tonka bean hit you straight away as you apply, but it's the way it transform into something more spicy, with the dried fruits and spices that really make this fragrance epic.
That, and the fact that it lasted about 20 hours on me, with a shower after about 6 hours.It's phenomenon!!!

misssarah
misssarah

To me, this smells exactly like the waft of synthetic vanilla you get when walking into a craft store like Michael's, or like Christmas room spray. I understand Tom Ford is supposed to use high quality ingredients, but I honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between this and a cheap vanilla candle in a blind sniff test.

ateghipc
ateghipc

Here is one fragrance I cannot live without. The boldly crisp, honeyed tobacco overlaid with glazed vanilla, cinnamon and spices shines in the cold. Something about the biting frost not only makes this fragrance project more, but enhances it in such a great way, radiating a bright warmth. Regardless, I'll wear this in the spring and fall too...it's just too good, it's the only fragrance I've smelt so far that just keeps me glued to my wrist at all times.

One thing to mention, I get anosmic to this if I wear it multiple days in a row for some reason. I'm not sure why but the second day that I wear this, it always smells weak and off to me. This is one I'll wear infrequently, maybe once or twice a week.

mysticalblaze
mysticalblaze

This is one of my all time favorites. It is just an amazing comforting scent to me.
It seems to go through so many different stages before it settles into its final scent. It just love it. It is definitely a long lasting fragrance. I can spray it on in the morning and it is still going strong before my shower the next day.
I look forward to fall to bring this one out.

StealthAngel
StealthAngel

I get fresh tobacco leaves, vanilla and something boozy in the background. I never thought I'd like it, I'm usually not into tobacco scents but this won me over, it's aromatic and deep, very flavorful and just plain good.
Not something I would wear for a romantic encounter, it's more of a mingle through the crowd kind of fragrance, to me.
Beautifully crafted.

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

Dear Tom Ford,
Is the private collection only a fantastic marketing ploy, like Pokemon?
………………………………………………………………………………….

In terms of originality most of the fragrances in this line (well, okay just the ones I've tested) are mediocre at best and have that "I've smelled this somewhere before but can't quite place it" ambiguity that can drive a person mad.

Tobacco Vanille is an exception.
Though I've pretty much lost interest in the fragrance except for blending purposes, it is powerful and pretty unique.

Unfortunately the wonderful tobacco note (which brings back memories of sniffing my Dad's cigarette boxes in secret, and smokey family gatherings in the late seventies/early eighties) is fleeting and ephemeral. In the dry down I'm left with nothing but a sweet creamy vanilla candy and the desire to spray something over it to turn the volume down or add the variation it so desperately needs.Thank you Oud Wood and Black Violet, for taking care of that.

Tobacco Vanille is a good buy if you're interested in in your face candy bombs or blending. I'm satisfied with the three bottles I have and now I'm finished with the line for good.

For a wonderful tobacco vanilla blend checkout Tabacco Toscana Officina Profumo by Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella!

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

I don't feel I can add any useful descriptive information here, but on my skin it was a massive synthetic vanilla with a teeny tiny touch of tobacco. Incredibly over-rated IMO!

Cams
Cams

This is an absolute luxury of a fragrance - rich, sensual and potent with the price tag to match. It's wonderfully long lasting; I smell it the next day!

Germany
Germany

I quite like this. Think vanilla rum cake ! Or plum pudding cake, with dried fruit and nuts. Its heady ,thick, with a honey like facet. I am loving the dry down of this. This scent is completely realistic and natural, great for either sex and really amazing for a cold winter day. I only have a 4 ml sample. I have to see if its bottle worthy to me but I am staring to believe it might be.

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

I don't have much to say about this. It doesn't smell classy or even expensive. I'm not saying it smells cheap, but the scent doesn't match the hefty price tag. This is a thick and pleasant vanilla followed by some fresh tobacco and cloves. I don't see cloves listed, but I sure smell em! Maybe they're thrown in with the general spices.

To me, this smells like root beer! Or more so cream soda because of the vanilla, or even a root beer float! Seriously, Tobacco Vanille is cream soda all the way. And it isn't even exciting! There's nothing about this scent that makes me want to keep smelling it. I get the gist right off the bat and it doesn't get any better as it dries down. If there were some distinct spices (besides cloves) thrown in the mix, I think I'd feel more compelled to spend more time with it. But, because I'm already bored I will have to pass pass pass.

RJ_Paint
RJ_Paint

In my opinion the opening smells like a very strong sweet cigar. You don't know what to think of it for the first 30 minutes(not good, not bad). But the dry down is where this juice shines, my god the vanilla and tobacco just blend so well. Couple hours later the tonka bean and cocoa comes into the mix. These all blend so well and you will get noticed. I've had people ask me what I'm wearing, they look it up on their phone to see how much it costs and blows their mind. These niche fragrances catch people off guard. What's even better is that it lasts 16+ hours and you won't be disappointed for that long time.

The biggest downside to this fragrance is that is for sure not a summer fragrance, this only belongs in fall/winter so if you live in a warmer climate this may not be appealing.

Museumgal
Museumgal

Reminds me very much of those thin, cherry cigars -- sweet, fruity, tobacco. There is a lot of spice at the opening and then the vanilla comes in with some of the sweeter notes. It's delicious without being the least bit edible or gourmand. Lasts well, great for winter. Use a light hand with application as this could easily become overwhelming.

the best of the line
OMG
long lasting unbleiveble
the best tobacco scent evet
yours

MarillaV
MarillaV

A complex and mysterious fragrance from Tom Ford that seems like the perfect cold weather scent. It opens with a spicy blast that smells of chai, cardamom and clove and cinnamon with a background burn of ginger. The dark vanilla appears very quickly on my skin, accompanied by a boozy accord (perhaps rum?). The pipe tobacco heart is almost chewy in its depth and darkness. The honey oozes in, its richness pouring over the vanilla and tobacco. What luxury! As the dry down starts, I get a distinct dried fruit note. Dried cherries, raisins, and perhaps some other berries start to appear, but these fruits have been steeping in alcohol. The spice notes come back and play hide and seek.

Not for the shrinking violet, this scent demands attention. It lasts forever and will envelop you in its hazy cloud. I love it on cold days, it actually feels like it warms me up, must be the boozy notes. ;)

review of DARRSHAN

Now tere is a huge comparision between tobacco vanille and eau de baux . i finised with my 50 ml tv and also purcased eau de baux now tere is a very little similiraty between tv and tis but tv is far far better and more potent tan eau de baux ,u cant compare both eau de baux is good but not great like tv

love tv and have ordered 100 ml tobacco vanille

atts off to tomford

arrode
arrode

I daresay this is the perfect vanilla. It's rare that I smell a fragrance and have a moment of pure euphoria where I think, "I must have this!" Admittedly, as the SA was handing me the tester card of Tobacco Vanille, I was thinking to myself, "Please smell awful, please smell awful" since this is not a cheap parfum, but unfortunately, it smells perfect. The scent is not overly heavy. I honestly think the more easily accessible Dark Orchid is a heavier scent. The vanilla/tonka bean really shine through, but mix so perfectly with the tobacco. I can smell the dried fruits which make it slightly fruity. I'm a woman in my mid-twenties and I don't think this is an overly masculine scent. I think it's a perfectly balanced unisex, though if a man wore this, I don't think you could rip me away from him. This is going to the top of my "To Purchase" list.

fooluae
fooluae

hello i have
tom ford tobacco vanille
50 ml

just spryed 5 times

almost full wanna trade for these))

am from united arab emirates

if u care send to my mail painpush@live.come

hedward
hedward

Hastily tried this one today. Opens up with GORGEOUS, lush, dense tobacco but it fades way too quickly leaving behind a very synthetic vanilla coca combo with a hint of cloves. Im not saying it's bad but the vanilla here smells way too much of that vanillin powder used for baking. Longevity and sillage seem to be excellent.

Also this is very similar to Eau des Baux.. EdB is a little bit more masculine with that obvious cypress note but other than that they are nearly identical. TV is definitely not worth the money - overrated.

*edit*

Now that I think about it this is worth the high price because the longevity and sillage are so potent. A bottle of this will last a lifetime.

Also tested Pure Havane and TV side by side and came to a conclusion:
TV is very foody - it's definitely a beautiful perfume but smelling like vanillin powder isn't really what I desire. TV should have an additional note that would make it smell less foody such as leather, patchouli or more woods.. which in turn are present in Pure Havane. Thereby Pure Havane is much more wearable because it has a fine line between having delicious notes and being a delicious perfume. I do love vanilla and honey notes but who wants to smell like actual vanilla and honey?

In other words - TV is a perfume to use at home and enjoy the tasty olfactory journey. (And I'm not saying PH is a better scent, it's just way more wearable)

Smell 6/10 x2
Longevity / Potency 8/10
Versatility 7/10
Complexity 5/10
x2

Overall score 68/100

An other worldy scent!
By that I mean it genuinely takes you away on a magical journey.
I'm keen on the very occasional cigar and the tobacconist shop I go to has the same wonderful quality as this fragrance.
It has a kind of dark cherry thing to it as well although I don't know if that's imagined because I used to get black cherry and vanilla flavour tobacco from there too? (when I was a habitual smoker.)
This is a faltless composition from Tom Ford...I haven't tried many of the private collection but this was one I knew I'd love...and I wasn't wrong.
There's a little spice in there too not too much though... it's super smooth and creamy all the way.
This stuff is to die for...don't be put off because its pricey, its well worth it!

Update: Wore this last night own on the town and got masses of complements, I swear this stuff had the ladies creaming...and a few dudes too!!!!

HAL9000
HAL9000

One of the finest Western scents out there for the masses. Unique, sensual, and surprisingly VERY unisex. Intense tobacco top notes initially scared me off as I am a non-smoker, but it gently yielded to a sumptuous spicy/sweet and very cottony vanilla. A nice billowy and cozy blanket to wrap myself up in.

Notably, my significant other, also a lifelong non-smoker (dad smoked cigars, tho) immediately liked this, and is in the process of decanting/stealing some into a travel sprayer. We both got very positive feedback the very first time we wore TV, and the compliments keep coming.

This has become one of our secret signature fragrances, and we recently invested in the 250 ml decanter. It's fun when people try to guess what we're wearing (but never at the same time, of course). They never do.

long lasting unbelievably ubnormal

jhitt793
jhitt793

This fragrance evokes an olfactory memory which is quite sentimental and dear to me. As a young boy, my Grandfather in Richmond, Virginia would drive me in his pickup truck downtown to the children's science museum there. On the way, we would go near the Phillip Morris tobacco plant where Marlboro and Virginia Slims were made. I can still remember smelling that sweet tobacco scent billowing out from the factory and permeating the air. At that time I always thought it smelled of Honey Nut Cheerios. Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille has captured that sweet narcotic scent of fresh dried tobacco leaves. Unfortunately, my Grandfather passed away four years ago, but I now have a scent which makes me feel as though he is with me still. (92)

oscar alvarado
oscar alvarado

I have understood that the economic version is EAV DES BAVX, BY LOCCITANE, I have this, but for me I should apply as it is very good, I just hope ahorar a bit and ask for Ebay, the 10ml.,,, and so I have the original .... greetings. this is my humble opinio but dying to try the TV.
@jonr951

Veeraj34
Veeraj34

This is a fantastic fragrance

kamilleisamansname
kamilleisamansname

Smells just like a Black Devil cigarette, the resemblance is uncanny.

foxmulder_FBI
foxmulder_FBI

@Thraxes Oh man, sorry to hear that!! The friendzone can be disheartening.

(I know it is sad, but that was a GREAT review... haha.)

Thraxes

This is the second review for me and I still love this scent. I triend it out one day and had a girl I liked smell it, and she couldnt stop sniffing my arm. It came to the point where I had to push her away. She said if a hot guy wore this she would sleep with him.
So the conclusion is that this is a good-to-go perfume for girl hunters and the second conclusion is that the girl I liked friendzoned me.

Thank you for the clearity Tom... I owe you one.

Woodelf
Woodelf

One day a handsome man met a sweet young woman. They fell in love and without conscious volition, made passionate love in an aromatic bower. The scent of their love-making was captured by Tom Ford in Tobacco Vanille. Here is the tobacco on the man's skin, the vanilla scent of the woman's hair, the earthen, spicy scent of the aromatic bower. On my skin, this is deep, luscious and sweet. I am reminded of pipe tobacco and sweet liqueur. A "love" fragrance for me.

regal.ca
regal.ca

This is an excellent scent that I enjoy using, and love the initial smell. However my skin tends to make fragrances that are sweet appear even sweeter, and as the tobacco notes disappear, the scent of vanilla is too strong. It almost makes my skin feel like a cupcake, which is not something that I want to smell like. However the initial smell is great, and I guess the dry down will vary between body chemistry.

merzeng
merzeng

این عطر سلطان بی چون و چرای تنباکو است. رایحه عالی و بسیار طبیعی تنباکو غالب است و ترکیب آن همراه با وانیل و عسل رایحه ای شیرین،گرم و عالی به شما میدهد.ماندگاری این عطر خیلی زیاد است و پس از سه هفته روی لباس من به خوبی روزهای اول بوی آن به مشام میرسد.عاشق این عطر هستم.

smelliott
smelliott

A gourmand with a couple of tattoos, Tobacco Vanille begins harmoniously enough: high quality spicy tobacco with a heavy dose of sweetness underneath. The delicious tobacco fades too quickly, and one is left to decipher the muddled base for the remaining seven hours of the scent's life; there is some vanilla in there to be sure, along with some tonka, and perhaps some cocoa. These notes are poorly misused in the scent, and create a sticky confection potent enough to make the pillsbury doughboy gag.

Projection and longevity are slightly above average.

2.6 out of 5

Sammymac100
Sammymac100

No no no-so wanted to love this as have waited so long to try it properly on my skin. It's a big letdown for me. On the tester card, opens with strong tobacco woody scent and then dries down to a complex almost salty vanilla which I love, reminds me if the vanilla in 'L' by Lolita Lempicka as it doesn't have that synthetic cloying sweetness. On my skin however, I get tobacco, tobacco and......play dough. And nothing else. No complexity at all- just a strong play dough scent that makes me want to wash it off immediately, I can see that people would love this as have smelt it on others and loved it but it just doesn't work on me mores the pity. I envy you if it does. Sigh.

Markisdesade
Markisdesade

The Mix - 1/3 Tobacco Vanille with 2/3 Tuscan Leather

harmonia
harmonia

I bought a 100ml bottle in Vienna a few weeks ago. I have used this wonderful fragrance since 2011 and have surely finished off a good total of 1200ml or so. There are many good tobacco scents out there, but this one is by far the most balanced and elegant. At least top 5 of all the scents I've tried imo, however the perfume concentration seems to differ in different batches. This is quite common in niche perfumes and in some cases this may be due to incorrect storage and/or transport (i.e. exposure to high temperatures). But in the case of my last purchase, it's something quite different. It's a super(!) version of TV. At least twice as intense, it leaves bright yellow inky stains on my skin (which it usually does not) and it lasts well over 48H. Crazy! It is also slightly heavier on the vanilla. Either they've changed the formula or something went seriously wrong. More perfume for the money (260€) but on the other hand it's difficult to handle. I certainly prefer the usual TV.

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

kris919
kris919

This smells exactly like chai tea. not a sweet creamy chai latte ( which would be awesome too), but more of an unsweetened teabaggy type of spicy chai tea (which I also like). So, if I think about Tobacco Vanille as a chai tea scent, then I actually really like this perfume. But as a "tobacco vanilla" scent, I don't get it at all.

* I'm in drydown mode right now, and the hours I got of chai tea are now changing into a chai tea-ish peppery aromatic pipe tobacco. I get it now... but still no vanilla.
On the unisex scale, it's a hair over on the masculine side. I *think* I could pull this one off as a female, but not sure it's fb worthy just yet.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Nothing special and sensational, as many reviews stated. A slight sensation of sweetness with notes of cocoa in the queue. Very far from a masterpiece.

kayley123

I love this, however, it does remind me of a lot of other fragrances...here's my comparison:

Sweetest (tobacco-y-est), longest-lasting, can also be the most cloying/heaviest, have to be CAREFUL not to over-apply. Doesn't have any cinnamon. Hermes Ambre Narguile is honey-sweet, this is tobacco-sweet.

It does develop over time, is sweet & fruity but on me, it's not too woody or smoky...seems more like tobacco BEFORE it's lit?

Family:
Givenchy Organza Indecence
Micallef Note Vanille
L'artisan Safran Troublant
L de Lolita
Malle Musc Ravageur
Hermes Ambre Narguile

crazyoney2k

i love this fragrance and its my favorite tom ford private blend perfume, i do say it can be too heavy for the summer, especially because the private blend is oil based and stays on the skin a lot longer then most fragrances

Oslo-fjord

Imo one of the best fragrances on the planet! Both sexy and sophistcated. It smells very expencive, and you will stand out in the crowd. Projection and longevity are the best I've ever come across. One spray on your nape, and you will notice the scent 24 hours later. One of my absolute favorites, and the best from Tom Ford.

Mercurial Muzz
Mercurial Muzz

As someone who doesn't own any Tom Ford fragrances, can someone please fill me in on why they are so expensive? I sampled Neroli Portofino in a department store, and was told it was over $300! I mean, huh?

demby
demby

definitivamente hermoso, wow... adoro tom ford, es como tomar en la piel un baileys vainilla maravilloso con un toque de tabaco es algo único , excelente fijador por horas me gusta I love.

Kalth
Kalth

I agree with fan.of.devin, TV is one of the worst vanilla I've smelled, very cloying and vulgar .This fragrance is overhyped .If TV cost 10$ nobody would pay attention, but high prices is basically what makes niche .There is a initial blast of tobacco that lasts 5 mins, after that you get basically vanilla and honey .
If you like go clubbing this is your scent.

sampoerna
sampoerna

There is a reason why this costs a lot: high quality ingredients. The vanilla note is pure, luxurious and elegant. Powerful with a strong aura, but not overwhelming, enhanced by the tobacco note. Definitely shows up the cheap-quality, synthetic-smelling mainstream vanilla.

gaz525
gaz525

Hmmm very hard to write a review for this one. Im kinda indifferent about it, it isnt a bad scent nor is it particularly good. Ive come to the conclusion through this that i am not a vanilla fan, all i smell is vanilla vanilla vanilla. But thankfully not the ice cream kind, more like pure vanilla. unfortunately to me it smells like the vanilla sprays you used to be able to buy at british shop 'body care' in the mid 90's which were £1 a bottle. Dont get me wrong this isnt a bad fragrance, just not worth the hefty tom ford price tag. i wear this for the gym as it is very strong and cuts through the smell of sweaty bodies.

Johnnyacl
Johnnyacl

Well, I just got my sample. I was eager to smell, afterall this was my first niche scent testing. What a let down! This smells like syrup! You get the tobacco quite well as the vanilla, but the mixing is not that good, IMO.

As for longevity and projection, very good! I find this 50/50, not too masculine nor too feminine. I feel it´s not for me to use, although I´ll give it a try during Winter.

evolutionx11
evolutionx11

TFTV evokes a sense of elegance, sophistication and sex appeal. As a man, TV makes me feel special, powerful and sexy. TV works well for young professionals starting from late 20's (I'm 33). It's a little too sophisticated for young men, for them I suggest Thierry Mugler Pure Havane which has more sweetness. TV is spice dominant, spices particularly being natural cinnamon with a touch of clove which definitely classifies it as an Oriental Spice.

The top notes are dominated by cinnamon for me, akin to a holiday vibe. However that quickly transitions within 20 mins to a tobacco (clove-ish) vanilla infusion. As the heart takes over, TV becomes a masterpiece. The heart remains linear yet complicated. The sweet tobacco along with vanilla extract balance perfectly as to not be cloying (as sometimes TM Pure Havane can become with heat). Heat only intensifies the sillage but not the cloying factor.

For me, the base notes are a powder vanilla, slight tonka, and clove which is very very nice!

This stuff is potent (Parfum) as 2-3 sprays will project a solid 12 hours with a trail for at least 8. It will remain on clothing for 24-36 hours + at sniff level. One spray on the chest or neck will lovingly haunt your nose throughout the day with ease.

I highly recommend this fragrance if you want a signature for late summer (cool nights), fall (day and night) and winter (day and night). Most say its a evening scent but I feel its a "cool to cold" scent no matter the time OR occasion. From tux to shorts the versatility is excellent. It has a sophisticated yet playful vibe about it....a cigar lounge party atmosphere but NOT a porno party (in comes Le Male). As a man I feel confident when a female catches the scent and consistently get complimented. Its unisex but definitely on the masculine side of the scale and I think thats why the ladies love it...its feminine enough with the vanille yet powerful and masculine with the tobacco/clove/cinnamon.

The price vs quality is excellent. Yes, you will shell out more on the top end but it will last and last with 2 sprays a day coverage. TV @ $4 per ml is justified in its complexity and personality. It also will be unique as most will opt for the cheaper more played out colognes so if you want to stand out when you give that lady a hug amongst all the Di Gio/1 Million dudes then shell out the cash, you won't regret it!

Bluedude02
Bluedude02

I was completely disappointed with this fragrance. I guess I expected too much. I wanted to like it but it was entirely too sweet for my likening. The opening has a syrupy note to me that seems almost medicinal in quality. Like something I've smelled in an apothecary/drugstore when I was young and would go shopping with grandmother. Like cough medicine, tobacco, and hard candy. (I just gagged thinking about it) It doesn't stink per say but it has a very distinct quality that reminds me of the old people from my youth. The dry down is much more pleasant but I think it's the sweetness of the vanilla that I am just not a fan of at this point. I'm halfway through my sample and I'm trying to give it a chance but I really may end up giving it away. The projection and silage are great on my skin and other people seem to enjoy the scent.

Atila RRM
Atila RRM

Similar to One million???????? WHO SAID???? I´M SHOCKED ... TOTALLY SHOCKED ABOUT THE NOSE PERCEPTION OF SOME MEMBERS .... TV IS COMPOSED AROUND STRAIGHT VANILLA EXTRACT AND SYRUP TOBACCO SAUCE... OR ... AM I WRONG????

warlockss
warlockss

can smell the freshly cut tobacco leaves , then it smells aniseed , and then the vanllia biscuits and vanilla cake scent comes KICKING IN . changed my mind i now love this scent but the price tag is just too much . if you cant afford this then perhaps thierry mugler pure havane is a better cheaper alternative as its more wearable and less stronger but almost same kinda smell .

At first spray it's more Tobacco but then vanilla kicks in, it's like a pure extract type vanilla and a freshly rolled cigar, dark and rich fragrance that some might not like, but I do love. Price tag wise is high but worth it, longevity is great and sillage is heavy, truly a unisex scent.

aquila_2009
aquila_2009

Hi.

A unpredictable and completely irresistible fragrance by TOM FORD.when you wear TOM FORD fragrances you have got the comment"Wow you really smell unique". Tobacco Vanille is a long lasting scent,one that is both memorable and sensual. Fantastic,Classy,Seductive,Provocative, Sweet,Gorgeous,Hot, Expensive and Luxurious.

Tobacco Vanille infuses rich notes of cacao and tonka bean over an intensely sensual base of vanilla and tobacco that makes a heady oriental scent for a man or a woman who know how to embrace their sensual side and take pleasure in the smaller details.It scents attractive to the senses. sweet and spice vnilla.i love it all you need is two spray and you ready to go.

This dashing fragrance compliments the three piece suit as well as evening attire.Tobacco Vanille is surprisingly intimte and subtle when worn on a date.if you are looking for a unique and enticing evening scent that sets you apart from all the others prevalent on the market today,then TOBACCO VNANILLE is the one for you.
Thank You TOM FORD!

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Interminable.

hermyonee
hermyonee

I quite like this one, but for me it's a kinda dirty vanilla, and blond tobacco, reminds me of the syrupy one for narguilé, not exactly like the dry one for pipe or the earthy leaves of cigars; anyway I enjoy it, but not enough to go for a full bottle, given the price tag; still prefer SDV Guerlain's. Or Lutens' Loukoum ...

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

The worst vanilla I've smelled in a fragrance, very cloying and syrupy. The tobacco has that funky open-pack-of-cigarettes vibe. I was hoping this would smell like earthy pipe tobacco and crisp Le Male esque vanilla. Quite a letdown.

Michael1962

very nice scent but for mine it smells like chai tea on my skin and if there is tobacco and vanilla its disguised.

drewqxc
drewqxc

Exactly what it smells like.

Tobacco and Vanilla.

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love vanilla etc...I like this but tried my samples of this on my skin...and its nice...its not unique...it didnt wow me....this is just a likable scent ..but not a love..if i was given this as a gift..i would use it..other than that im not running to get this.

nonsisa
nonsisa

For the ones of you that like pipe tobacco with a sweet cherry note and don't despise vanilla this perfume is gonna generate a big smile on your face. This fragrance is kind a hard to not like unless you cannot stand pipe tobacco and/or vanilla. Nevertheless it might not be good for every occasion.

sapientia
sapientia

I 'm totally convinced.. I will go for a blind buy so wish me luck. I love vanilla, I love tobacco, I love TF so I can't wait. I rewrite within a few days to tell you the results.

FuzzCookies
FuzzCookies

I got hold of a small test bottle of this today. At first I wasn't sure about it, it smelled quite pungent, but when it settled after about 15 minutes it smelled absolutely divine. Believe the hype. This perfume is smoky, sweet and fresh. Its balance is also so good, I'd say it makes for the perfect unisex fragrance.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

I could write a novel on this, but I will instead just keep it short and sweet. This perfume is AMAZING. I thought it might be too masculine but no! The tobacco is so sweet and yummy. I used to smoke Swisher Sweets with my friends back in high school when we thought we were so thug and hardcore! LOL... but anyways the point is, ever since, I love the smell of sweet tobacco. I love sweet scents in general anyways, and I also LOVE my vanilla, so this is a winner. I wonder how it's not too sweet for most people. I love SWEET scents, and this is really sweet, but I can't see most people liking that. Well, regardless, it's divine. Now I only wonder what I smell like to others. Does this scent suit me? I don't know. But what I do know is that I was sniffing my wrist for like 4 hours straight. That's gotta say something. I didn't think the longevity was quite as long as I would have hoped, but I still got several hours, which is fine. I would DEFINITELY buy a FB right now if funds would allow it... I may have to consider buying one when winter rolls around...

kitti90
kitti90

very good fragrance. it reminds me of winter and baking something with raisins. i dont really get tobacco and vanille that much, but its a very pleasing scent.
it reminds me of musc ravageur, just a bit weaker.
but hey, sometimes less is more.

PaulDJ
PaulDJ

My 2nd review, now that it sits amongst my collection I have to fight the urge to put it on everyday. It's not cheap and I'm really trying my hardest to keep this for special occasions but be warned, if this is sitting amongst your collection it's so hard to use sparingly! It's smells so rich and is obviously made with real quality. Epic scent!

meama
meama

144) a perfect cake
To.Va is a scent of the French Noses Olivier Gillotin with maybe a collaboration with Anne-Cécile Douveghan. I believe it is the most successful of all the series, because the most creative, but not too much eccentricity.
As it is also the best selling Olivier Gillotin will be called by TF to create Black a few years later.
The problem lies on the side of Tom Ford and his glamorous image = you will pay a lot. Obviously when we paying so much for a perfume we want to believe it is unique and it must be worth a fortune to make.
Fortunately Madame A-C Douveghan created for Phaedon Tabac Rouge who is the same perfume for a quarter of the price. Hooray! and too bad for Tom Ford.
The perfume itself is a greedy pipe tobacco, mellow and spicy like a gingerbread with chocolate clove notes, ginger, aniseed a slightly minty aromatic facet, and a background of vanilla and benzoin, quite smooth, sweet but not cloying. A true unisex gourmand in the line of Ambre Narguilé / Spice Bomb.

ToVa est un parfum des nez français Olivier Gillotin avec peut-être une collaboration avec Anne-Cécile Douveghan. Il est selon moi le plus réussi de toute la série, car le plus créatif, mais sans excès d’excentricité. Comme c'est aussi la meilleur vente c'est encore Olivier Gillotin qui sera appelé par TF pour créer Noir quelques années plus tard.
Le problème se situe du côté de Tom Ford et de son image glamour=vous allez payer beaucoup. Evidemment quand on paye aussi cher un parfum on veut croire qu'il est unique et qu'il doit valoir une fortune à fabriquer.
Heureusement A-C Douveghan à sorti pour Phaedon Tabac Rouge qui est évidemment le même parfum pour le quart du prix. Hourra! et tant pis pour Tom Ford.
Le parfum en lui-même est un accord pâtissier de tabac à pipe, moëlleux et épicé comme un pain d’épices, avec des notes chocolat, gingembre, girofle, une facette légèrement aromatique menthée, anisée, et un fond vanille et benjoin, tout en douceur, sucré, mais pas écoeurant. Un vrai gourmand unisexe dans la lignée d’Ambre Narguilé/Spice Bomb.

lilj
lilj

Delicious pipe tobacco, oak paneled libraries, leather wing chairs, crackling fires... This is rich, heavy, dark, atmospheric with a hint of spice. Feels like wearing a cashmere sweater with thigh high suede boots and nothing else. Perfect for cuddling up on a flokati to sip Frangelico after a gamey dinner.

kleblanc863
kleblanc863

They are not kidding when you see the longevity and sillage graphs. Powerhouse fragrance for sure. Go easy on the trigger. 2-3 and you should be good to go.

High quality tobacco and vanilla notes used creating this wonderful scent. The other notes just support the two dominating players with tonka bean being a big part of that.

A must have for any gourmand lover.

wallywinthrop
wallywinthrop

To me this smells not unlike Jean Paul Gaultier 2. That is a very lovely vanillic scent and cheaper than Tom Ford. I was a bit disappointed in the blast of honey, tobacco and vanilla that seemed too cakelike and blended for me to really pick out any of the smoky qualities. I was hoping for a strong tobacco topnote with a drydown of resiny vanilla and got more of a tobacco sundae. Not my thing in terms of wearing, but very nice to smell on others.

ilsagold
ilsagold

When it comes to sillage and projectivity, this is a winner for sure. Unfortunately tobacco note dominates vanilla. And I am fond of its vanilla. I can tolerate some sweetness but here it comes from honey note and I am not happy with that either. Still, when I wear this I feel special and enjoy fall/winter evenings as a true connoisseur. And my girlfriend loves this on me a lot.

hameedbilal
hameedbilal

jus Fantastic!!!
beautiful....
best use of tobacco in a perfume...
powerhouse perfume...along with noir de noir the best of TF...
pricey but worth it..
the spicy notes are gr8 in this blend...
one of my faves

Luforge
Luforge

What can I say!!..I found a fragrance that attracts woman, they just love it!(I think its the vanilla.) Its the most sensual redolence with superb sillage! and very long lasting..3 to four sprays on pulse areas.This by far is one of my signature scents..I dare you to try it!!!

Thraxes

Bought a test from ebay and can start off by saying that applying too much can ruin this scent. The scent in the start is very very strong, non of my family members liked it. Said it smelt like some strong fruit I dont remember the name. But when it wore off a little, after 30 min it released a pleasent smell, vanilla mixed with tobacco kind off. Not too sweet, but a good blend. I will try this on a little more before consider buying it. Very stiff price tho.

egeliegeli
egeliegeli

yaş puro gibi kokuyor tatlı bi koku
private blend serisinden kullanılabilecek tek parfüm

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is a dark, sweet scent. There is nutmeg in here as well as cinnamon. At first I didn't like it, it smelled like rice pudding to me with added vanilla. But then the dry down was more welcoming and warm. When this was blended with a more leathery scent, it was awesome. Try it.

alchemist1976stephanie
alchemist1976stephanie

It is what it says it is- tobacco and vanilla. The tobacco is spicy though and pulls hints of nutmeg and cinnamon with a good dose of caramel-y tonk a bean. It reminds me of the smells in a house full of baked goods at Christmas time. Sadly, an aroma that is easily duplicated by ,- dare I say...pot pourri. (please hold the hate mail)

I find it quite easily wearable by women, delectable and yummy. Is it worth the hefty price tag- no. Is it sniff worthy, absolutely. This is not one I will be adding to my collection since I can get much cheaper variations that smell just as good. I'm not buying into the hype on this one. Sorry.

FabulouslyFragrant
FabulouslyFragrant

Ahhh... Tobacco Vanille. One of my favorites. Longevity is above average and sillage is MONSTROUS. For the first six hours it's like you're in a cloud of the stuff (3 sprays). Are there other fragrances for a fraction of the price that have great sillage? - Yes. If you have the $$$ is Tobacco Vanille worth getting? - YES! I personally have not come across a fragrance that matches the sillage of this one. The scent is nice - smells pretty much like what the name implies. I'm not a smoker or a tobacco lover but I do like the smell of some pipes and mixed with vanilla this is a good one.

(Sorry for the double post. The review underneath is mine. I didn't realize I wasn't signed in.)

Ahhh... Tobacco Vanille. One of my favorites. Longevity is above average and sillage is MONSTROUS. For the first six hours it's like you're in a cloud of the stuff(3 sprays). Are there other fragrances for a fraction of the price that have great sillage? - Yes. If you have the $$$ is Tobacco Vanille worth getting? - YES! I personally have not come across a fragrance that matches the sillage of this one. The scent is nice - smells pretty much like what the name implies. I'm not a smoker or a tobacco lover but I do like the smell of some pipes and mixed with vanilla this is a good one.

Oslo-fjord

Amazing scent! Rich, dense, spicy, oriental heaven! This is top quality, and 2 light spritz will last all day long. Sillage is excellent. Easily the best from Tom Ford. Sophistication in a bottle!

k1210722
k1210722

Bought this blindly, without smelling it. I read the reviews online and expected something amazing. But unfortunately I was disappointed. I'll try spraying it on today and ask people what they think.

SimplyOliver
SimplyOliver

One of the very few fragrances that got my love at first sniff !

Tobacco Vanille reproduces the exact same smell of french sweet/spicy gingerbreads, that we used to get during the christmas period in my childhood.

Strong, authentic, natural. It's warm and comforting.

Lovely scent, outstanding performances, the only issue is (of course) the price.

Oh, and comparing this Tom Ford masterpiece to Spicebomb is pure blasphemy. They have NO similarities whatsoever, from scent to juice quality, period.

freddinos
freddinos

Went to my local Harvey Nichols yesterday to try Jasmin Rouge, and the SA also recommended Tobacco Vanille. To my inexperienced nose, this is a masculine fragrance. As a woman I would only wear it in those -rare-occassions I want to smell uber confident, assertive and 'alpha male' lol! It is a beautiful sweet (but not in your face) and spicy perfume,with herbal unsmoked pipe tobacco, raw vanilla bean and a dusting of bitter Dutch Van Houten cocoa. Would love to smell it on my man, for sure!

areidmeade
areidmeade

smells nothing like spicebomb, too sweet for my taste (yet i still like A*men, i know, weird). thats all ive got to say cant badmouth this one.

Tricky2beat
Tricky2beat

Been wearing this for over 2 years as my signature sent. Amazing!

Legolas
Legolas

I so want this perfume,but in my country it's hard to get it..unfortunally.. bottle is great,unique,original and elegant..

kirtylou
kirtylou

This is a lovely perfume. On me is starts out with a blast of cinnamon, spices, and cloves, and then quickly turns into a sweet, honeyed tobacco with cherries and vanilla. The tobacco scent is strong and lasts for a few hours on me. After about 5 hours it turns into a divine, strong vanilla that lasts for several more hours.

My husband bought me a bottle of this because I graduated college - this is a special occassion perfume, one I'm not sure I'd spend the money on otherwise. I think both men and women could wear this scent. The opening is more masculine, while the final drydown is more feminine. I can see myself wearing this fragrance often, especially at night.

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! Similar but different is Serge Lutens Chergui... Tobacco Vanille lasts much longer... Sometimes I layer them together... Delicioso!!!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

One of Tom Ford's aptly and literally named scents. I like it! Quite pleasant, and it has good sillage and longevity. (I could still smell it on myself 24 hours later!) It's linear; I don't detect much change in it as the day goes on.

My wife likes it.

Second wearing: Uh, it's getting on my nerves. I'm finding it somewhat cloying. I think I've changed my opinion about this one...

SeverinoDuJour
SeverinoDuJour

Great news...I put Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille on at 4:30pm yesterday, and it's still going! So glad I found one with good lasting power. (Black Violet and Oud Wood were excellent and I loved them but they disappeared too quickly)

First of all, you really have to be a lover of vanilla in a scent (I am). Because the scent, to me was pure tobacco and vanilla. First blast, they came out together loud and very clear, with some wood smell in the background.

That's pretty much what this scent is all about. The blend is superb; an excellent smooth tobacco and vanilla.

Second phase, the vanilla really shines (that's why I say you have to like vanilla), and the tobacco takes a back seat for a while, but it's still a heavenly blend.

Dry down is tobacco and vanilla but very creamy, closer to skin but still projecting after 6-7 hours! Went to sleep, woke up into that wonderful scent still going pretty strong.

This one is a definite buy for me, because I love the fragrance and it's long lasting. That is one of the things I insist on in a fragrance, because I wear them for me, I want to smell them all day...they're aroma therapy for me. Felt very open and proud wearing Tobacco Vanille. Superb!

supergirl83221
supergirl83221

When you perfectly combine the tobacco and vanilla, what will you get? :) Tobacoo Vanille is true to its name. If you love vanilla, this is THE good stuff!No doubt that this is recommended as one of the frags every perfumista should smell. Tobacco and Vanilla are such in synch thus creating a spicy yet sweet perfume that is highly addictive. The tobacco is not harsh, yet an inviting and agreeable one. More like of the newly harvested aromatic, even wet, ones. The tobacco opens brightly then there is this gradual shift to then a more subdued tobacco as the vanilla reveals itself like a sultry, sexy vixen would. I get the cocoa note, giving it a pinch of bitterness. Drydown is just the spicy, creamy, sweet juice you will love just the same. For me, this tobacco vanilla drizzled with marshmallows and chocolate is Pure HEAVEN!...Definitely an evening or black tie fragrance for me. Longevity and sillage are both great! Rate: 4.9/ 5

Ps. Thank you Justas for sharing this frag. I am gonna get an FB of this one, for sure!

dementialies
dementialies

I just tried this today and I have to say I'm loving this dry down, I applied it about 3 hours ago and it's incredible. I literally cannot stop smelling myself. It's definitely not gourmand. I find it spicy and slightly sweet but not in a cloying way, rich vanilla but not at all sticky artificial cake vanilla. I'm in love. I guess my wallet is going to hate me but I'll be smelling myself all day.

keedon
keedon

Tried it. The vanilla is simply great. It feels like you have rubbed a very concentrated vanilla icecream on yourself. Definitely heavy. I had Italian cypress on one arm and this on the other and it kills IC. I am a professional in late twenties though so this scent doesn't suit my profile. It's too vanillary that it will raise eyebrows. Not sure about the ladies But gents will find it strange.

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

Smells great but the vanilla is a little too cloying to me. Other scents do vanilla much better. It's worth sampling because it is blended so well, but not a great value.

LeisaSch
LeisaSch

Fabulous, sweet and very very strong!

The tobacco leaf/blossom are no doubt the prevalent notes in this fragrance.

The tonka bean, spicy notes and cacao give TV a certain sharpness at different points, but then the sweetness takes over again. It's really lovely and very interesting. I do sense the vanilla and think it adds an awesome depth and balance.

I could imagine a man dressed in RM Williams gear and an Akubra wearing this and smelling really sexy. This scent is smooth and bold. Equally great on a woman. Great fragrance Tom Ford.

gettheetoanunnery
gettheetoanunnery

This is an experience that must be had- if only for the learning curve.
As a completely novice I've found this scent to be a step beyond most others I've encountered. Although somewhat simplistic in note composition, they are notes that not only compliment each other, but seem to bring out the best in each other. .
First hit was tobacco -cured not smoked, riding a wave of undulating vanilla/tonka. Quickly joining in is the spice -lovely warm pie spices - I swear I'm getting cinnamon, nutmeg and maybe even clove?? (which may account for the very slight medicinal quality?)
The dry down is where I find the most pleasure - instead of standing solo, all these notes join a chorus - adagio -slow and steady, nothing screeching or OTT - just a lovely carmelisation of accords.
This could be love.
ETA- It IS love.

LittleDragonette
LittleDragonette

I thoroughly enjoy smelling this on other people. Love it. It is one of the sexiest dirty-sweet scents going! On myself however, it doesn't seem to work and I'm dejected. From the outset, I get a strong blast of what seems like fruity, wine-soaked, quality tobacco leaf and spice, which is thrilling and hints at more drama around the corner. But in just a few minutes it sadly becomes for me something that smells very strongly of what seems like only honey with a whiff of tobacco. And I mean almost overwhelmingly of honey. It has a syrupy texture to it that minimizes the possibility of it melding with me and becoming an easy part of my day. It stays quite heavily on the surface, needing my attention rather than becoming like a second skin. I longed for it to air out JUST a bit. After about three hours I'm left with the most gorgeous, dark (but less weighted) vanilla and boozy fruit drydown that reminds me of a Lutens. I never want that part to end.
It may not be for me, but this is a very sensual fragrance, that is worthy of all the praise, so try it out.

del
del

Tobacco Vanille opens with a strong tobacco leaf note blended with some sweetness that smells like honey to me. Syrupy or medicinal, in a good way.

The tobacco remains dominant for a couple of hours on my skin, then the vanilla takes over. Reminds me of rootbeer / cream soda with hints of tobacco and spices.

Longevity is very good (not excellent), the projection is loud the first couple of hours, then it tones down, before becoming a skin scent.

While Tobacco Vanille seems easy to understand, it is a fine perfume that every fragrance head must smell. Thumbs up!

Kevin63
Kevin63

For me this is the stand out fragrance from Mr Ford's Private Blend collection. Italian Cypress is a very close second. Initially i get a blast(and i mean Blast) of tobacco with vanilla in the background but after an hour or so, the tobacco recedes and the vanilla is more apparent. This no doubt accounts for the light sweetness on the dry down. This is a beautiful, rich scent with a luxurious aura. I think it is better suited to fall or winter. It is expensive but a little goes a long way.

mehrdad

E.mail: perfume.gallery121@gmail.com
Kik: mehrdad_gallery

careless86
careless86

i love the warm vanilla and all other notes except tobacco

zenmonkey
zenmonkey

The king of cold weather fragrances. (at least to my nose) I love this fragrance. Classy, alluring, long lasting, good projection, and comforting. Yes there is tobacco and vanilla, but there is some spices in the middle that really round this one out and make a JOY to wear. Its expensive, so try before you buy. Hands down my favorite cold weather frag.

Review of DARRSHAN

the more i wear this perfume the more iam getting addicted to it, this is the best sweet perfume so far in all i have tried, great tobacco and vanilla together.

i will always have one 50ml in my wadrobe thru out a beautiful sweet perfume.

the next is noir de noir one more very rich and sophisticated one frm tomford

klopgovorun
klopgovorun

Beautiful fragrance! Absolutely addictive in a soft, spicy, soothing sort of way. Reminds me of an exotic Indian tea with milk and spices. Just wonderful!

crazyoney2k

to me this is one of the sexiest scents evers , very cool sophisticated, gentlemanly yet sexual, its like the smell of old fashioned gentlemen's clubs, i do have to say it is very expensive but your getting what you pay for.

tonkabeanster
tonkabeanster

I've unfortunately never encountered flavoured pipe tobacco before, which should explain why I picked up on the predominantly gourmand aspects of TV. That said, I found TV a dead ringer for preserved Chinese plums (huamei) upon first sniff.

TV starts off dry with a natural honeyed sweetness, counterbalanced by a pinch of salt and a surprisingly strong, fruity tartness.This tartness fades in the drydown, replaced by a thick bourbon vanilla that lends a milky accord to the overall composition. End impression: chai latte, heavy on the cinnamon.

Cozy and well-made with great longevity. Not for me, but the appeal is undeniable.

Housebliss
Housebliss

Be careful applying this. I used one small dab behind each ear, and the whole damn floor smelled me. I wouldn't wear this to work.

Smells lovely though.

Smells lovely though.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

Basically, for those who haven't smell this.

This fragrance is tobacco and vanilla. Yeah, there are other ingredients, but these two ingredients are the main focus here, and I don't detect much else.

To make this simple.

The opening: 50% Tobacco, 50% Vanilla
The drydown: 25% Tobacco, 75% Vanilla

So for the men looking for a macho fragrance that is a tobacco bomb, they won't find that here, but at the same time the vanilla isn't too sweet. It's just right.

I know tom ford has a lot of dark and musty macho men scents, but Tobacco Vanille is very wearable for a man in his 20's because it is very smooth and subtle.

I thought this would be like the Dreamer because of tobacco and vanilla, but it's actually nothing like it. While there is nothing out there like it, it is somewhat similar to Spicebomb or Burberry London, but imagine less spices and more vanilla.

Projection and longevity are the some of the best in the business. It's actually very versatile if you don't over-apply it.

Yes, this is $300, which means if you don't have a big budget, I'm not urging you to pick this up. That's practically the only downside of an otherwise perfect fragrance. But if you are willing to spend a lot of money on a great collection, definitely do pick up this gem.

antfarm
antfarm

I have never smelled anything like this, or had such an unusual and silly reaction to a perfume. The first time I sniffed a sample, I giggled and blushed like a schoolgirl.

I felt like Allison looking at Crybaby Walker for the first time in "Crybaby". I had a crush on the masculine, smoky, smooth Tobacco Vanille. It really does smell sexy and edgy, but also like Gatsby characters in smoking jackets. I love it, but I can't wear it because it makes the air feel thicker and less breathable.

Salvatore715
Salvatore715

Smelled this in the store. Absolutely great fragrance. Def have to get.

herreroph
herreroph

Good job Tom, perfect drydown

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

I think it's one of the most realistic combinations of perfumery.
Wonderful, velvety and original tobacco with a creamy, textured and natural vanilla.
Nothing much to say, only, a sublime work!!

courtney.lirilli
courtney.lirilli

This is something that pops up all the time as I'm browsing Fragrantica, I just had to try it.
At first I was taken aback. You have to give tobacco vanille a few seconds to settle and mesh with your skin.
Then comes a rush of beautiful pre-burned pipe tobacco.
The sweet note is of course, vanilla. But its not the typical ice cream vanilla, its a pure and expensive vanilla bean scent that blends perfectly with the smokey earthy tobacco. I love this fragrance, a true beauty, and I dont care how long I have to save up for a full bottle. I think men would fall in love smellin this on a woman and vice versa.

aouragan
aouragan

Uncanny. This takes me back to my youth and reminds me of what I first smoked in my early twenties -- Borkum Riff Vanilla Cavendish pipe tobacco. I'm talking about the smell of the tobacco in the pouch, not the smoke, it really wasn't a very good smoke. I do recall many women telling me that they did love that smell, but it is way too sweet for me now.

If you want to save some money, Borkum Riff is a LOT cheaper than Tom Ford. Buy a pouch and walk around with it in your pocket.

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Quite a nice scent in my opinion, but nothing that reiterates the blazing youtube/online reviews, nevertheless the use of tobacco in good strength is intriguing, the vanilla gives the top notes a nice rounded edge and the tonka towards the end makes it all the more unique, the journey is quite captivating with the presence of spices taking rounds through-out, best used in winter or summer nights, i have eau de baux by L'Occitane and must say, its only probably similar to Tobacco Vanille very very late in the drydown and comparing to this and L'Occitane's creation is like comparing dogs and hyenas, Tobacco Vanille 7.5/10

Update :-
You know, i am totaly dinging this , very unlike anything else out there, i love this because, its unsweetened vanillla with bold tabacco, smokey, mysterious and sultry..still 7.5/10 but i am buying a full bottle.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Gorgeous!!!! Tobacco Vanille is a true beauty. This is smoky vanilla nestled in a bed of spice, with modest tobacco. Oooh, be still my heart! In my opinion, this is too sweet for a man but I must admit if a guy walked by wearing this I would probably follow him. lol I was a little apprehensive to try this based on some of the negative reviews about the tobacco strength in this composition. I like my fragrances sultry, opulent and stunning. Harsh tobacco really isn't my thing. I didn't wanna end up smelling like a vintage gentlemen's club. To make a long story short, that wasn't the case at all! For starters after the grand opening the honeyed tobacco mellows and blends beautifully with decadent vanilla. It's so luxurious, spicy and sexy! If you like your vanilla confident, spiced, dashing and edgy you will CRAVE this. I most certainly do!

Review Of Darrshan

Well after trying a vial I have bought this gorgeous scent, just love it from starting to end can't stop sniffing after a spray on my wrist , well I agree tat the tobacco has been tonned down and more vanilla is projected , but still I just looooveee tobacco vanille, the best frm tomford

dreyth
dreyth

Somebody please let me know if I'm crazy but... didn't the opening of this frag have much more tobacco than it does now? I remember first smelling it and it was very manly. Now it appears the tobacco has been toned down and I get more vanilla.

Ali88
Ali88

I really like how this smells, but definitely don't want to smell like this. It is very sweet for a man, the tobacco is so dim to make it a true unisex scent.
It leans more towards the female side of the spectrum, and more to the mature side as well.
I can understand however, why sweet fragrance and vanilla fan would be hyped about it!

Marco Chau
Marco Chau

A great fragrance by itself but will send you to heaven immediately if layered with Noir de Noir.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

I was in charge of a walk in humidor once at a business and this reminds me of those days. If you do not like pipe tobacco or cigar smells this is NOT for you. Very potent tobacco note. Some get vanilla and other spices, just depends on your skin.

ju7ia1978
ju7ia1978

I finally got a decant of this, and I have to say, I'm pretty glad I don't like it. I was expecting to love it, but now I don't have to find the budget for it.

On me, I get none of the vanilla to warm up the sweet (and extremely linear) tobacco. I also get way WAY too much of the dried fruit note, and that one in particular is nauseating to me. On my skin, this one is a scrubber.

aveilhe
aveilhe

This is a VERY literal tobacco fragrance, and if you love the smell of pipe tobacco, you will love this. If you don't...well...it will be lost on you.

This is not the fragrance of tobacco extract (the juices from the fresh leaves usually have a very grassy, almost liquor-like aroma), but rather the smoldering leaves and the aromatic smoke of dried tobacco that has been soaked in vanilla, molasses, or tonka and roasted to perfection. Not a candy-sweet or fairy-floss vanilla/tonka, but a rich, warm, balsamic vanilla/tonka note.

The real question becomes: do you want to smell like pipe tobacco? For me, the answer is a resounding yes! Every time I smell pipe tobacco I want to follow the scented smoke trail like a cartoon character following the smell of food, my feet lifting off the ground as I float, eyes closed in anticipation, toward the source of my desire...you get the picture.

Overall, I find Tobacco Vanilla warm, sensual, and intoxicating. I can't really imagine wearing this in warmer months, but for Fall and Winter, it is perfection. And now I can sniff away at myself like a fool (and stop imagining myself as a Looney Toons character).

fenxx
fenxx

This fragrance is amazing, the first time i smelled this i knew this was not a regular fragrance - the quality is evident. Tobacco and Vanilla is a partnership that is just perfect and the dried fruit and spices just support the goodness of the main two notes.

Amazing fragrance.

chweintr
chweintr

Honey and hamster.
Underneath the Sweet pipey tobacco leaf and above the rich uber sweet sticky vanilla there's a definite layer of hamster cage - something spicy and glandular - wood chips and hay...May not be right but that's what I get.

I actually like this smell a lot-- as like a recreational sniffing scent...
too sweet to wear for me...
occasion? well, to me it's a comfort fragrance-- best for cuddling up and reading stories to your kids,pets... platonic others

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

HOLY GOODNESS OF ALL GOODNESS!! THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!! Just received a decant of this potion and I AM IN LOVE!! Everything about this SCREAMS "I AM THE S#!T!" "IMHO".

Elatinpapi
Elatinpapi

Have to say it would be nicer as an eu de toilette, as an eu de parfum its far too powerful (on my skin at least) , it wasnt a very pleasant scent either until after 4/5 hours wearing it!

judyk

@Njensen1 - I would say something is not right with your sample, because I had a small roll-on bottle of TV in a little tin box with some other samples, took it out over a month ago and even now when I open that tin *all* I can smell is the TV!

willbear
willbear

as a pipe smoker i love the small of vanilla pipe tobacco a friend got me this
its rich and deep lasts a long time i love it

nasser8383
nasser8383

the best tom ford perfume last for long time and scent like the best of sweet vanilla and little tobacco
i tried almost all tom ford perfumes around 12 perfumes... no one even close to this perfume even tascun lether which comes 2nd.

highly recommended if you accept vanilla

overall: 9.5/10

SwagScent
SwagScent

This fragrance is a masterpiece, but quite expensive. It reminds me of a brownie mixed with cigar tobacco. Weird mixture, but it works.

Njensen1
Njensen1

I am very concerned about my order of a 5 mL decant of this from surrendertochance.com. From what I've read, the sillage and staying power of this EDP is supposed to be wonderful! The notes are all there..The dry-up leading to a beautiful reminder of a humidor or costly cigar wrapped freshly..But it just isn't staying and I can only smell it if I put my wrist (where I've sprayed) right RIGHT up to my nose. Has anyone else encountered this, or have I received a watered-down sample from what is SUPPOSED to be a reputable website?

Ιασονας.κωνσταντοπουλος
Ιασονας.κωνσταντοπουλος

amazing

myjebo2012
myjebo2012

I finally treated myself to TM's Tobacco Vanilla. Its awesome! It stays on your body for hours and the sillage turns into a lovely expensive cigars. Just think of a really expensive cigar than that is how I will describe Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. Nicely done!

baldheadjim
baldheadjim

Fragrant pipe tobacco with vanilla and dried fruit accord. Enjoy the way the pipe tobacco blends and does not overpower the other notes. Sits close to skin but lasts all day. More than 12 hours on my skin and tobacco leaf faded into dry sweet tobacco flower vanilla blend. I swear I can also pick up a light fresh dry orange scent too.

rose_selavie
rose_selavie

One thing that Tobacco Vanille manages to do from the first minutes is to impress. And generally very nice. Give a man to wear this fragrance and he will be sorrounded by women the entire evening.
The smell is warm and sensual, with a simple structure but with an amazing effect. As it`s name suggests, it`s all about tobacco and vanilla, unsmoked pipe tobacco and raw vanilla to be more precise. It kind of suggest the atmosphere of a gentlemen`s club where games are played, businesses are seted up, and brandy is in glasses. The air of the saloon is filled with smokey sweet tobacco, the flour is covered with a beautiful persian rug made of wool and silk and the hubs are burning in the fireplace.
The vanilla note in the composition is not girly at all, oh no, not so candid and sweet, but more like natural vanilla pod between bitter and sweet, with a gourmand effect.
Somewhere in the background I detect a bit of nutmeg, a very subtle but important addition. Tobacco Vanille stays incredibly long on skin and projects self-confidence and sophistication. I talked about it as if it`s strictly a masculin scent, but it could be equally nice on a woman too! With only a mention: she must be accompanied, `cause it`s sooo delish that she will be kidnapped and eaten!
The perfect place for Tobacco Vanille? With a big red ribbon under the Christmas tree!

mimikins24
mimikins24

Well, I blind bought this one --- and I am rewarded despite all the hype and some very negative reviews. While reading my comments, keep in mind that I live in Canada, where upon my first wearing of this scent, the daytime high temp was -15C. I think this frag is ideal for cold weather, but in the summer/heat I think it would be too sweet and overwhelming.

I have tried other tobacco fragrances, in particular Back to Black by Kilian, and have found all others to be too cloyingly sweet/rancid honey smelling. This is different, I think because of the level of spice.

In particular, I get very heavy cinnamon especially in the opening, as well as the tobacco flower. I would also say the opening is sweet and has a clover honey kind of scent. As the fragrance warms on my skin and dries down, it becomes less sweet, more rich, more vanilla (less honey) and has that cherry tobacco scent many others commented upon. Makes me think of a tobacconist's shop I used to pass when I was little. I like the opening, but I love the dry down!

I can definitely see this on a man or woman, but for me it is more of a comfy, cozy, cold weather scent. Not something I would wear to work, but rather would put on with a luxurious sweater, sit in front of the fire and read a great novel. I agree with the suggestion to layer with a leather scent, particularly for men.

zero kool
zero kool

Potencia y fijación extra. Es una fragancia para llamar la atención. Ideal para salir a la disco o a una reunión entre amigos y destacarse entre los aromas. Tiene algunos dejos similares al Eav des Bavx pero sólo después de varias horas de aplicado. Al principio abre prácticamente con miel pura, dura bastante ese aroma. Alrededor de dos horas después se comienza a oler la vainilla, pero el tabaco aún me resulta difícil de hallar. No es una joya, ni mucho menos, su composición no es compleja, pero, para el que busca llamar la atención, con esta fragancia lo va a lograr, seguramente.

jmonsonlillie
jmonsonlillie

This scent is a tall, dark man in a tweed suit coat, sitting at an old wooden table in a tavern/cafe. On the table, the cigar he was smoking is lying in the ashtray, burning, while he sips on whiskey and eats a side of pumpkin pie, sprinkled with cocoa. Fragrant vanilla bean ice cream sits on the plate, beside the pie. If you sit down next to him for a visit, his breath will be thick with booze and tobacco, but the spices from the pie occasionally overtake their poisonous counterparts as they dance on his tongue with the vanilla bean ice cream.

It is a beautiful masterpiece and I do like it, but sadly, I don't think it's for me. I find this to be a masculine gourmand. I know others have stated that they don't find this gourmand, so maybe it's just my chemistry and/or nose. I do agree with others that it would smell amazing with leather.

jm4x89
jm4x89

I personally love this winter fragrance and it is my top fav all time.

On my skin, at first the tobacco and spicy notes lasted for around 10 min then it evolved to the lovely tabacco and vanille smell with noticable cacao/tonka bean note.

It costed me a fortune here in australia but worth the price. It will last for years... because one spray on my neck was enough to fill the room and the scent always lasts for a full whole day.

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

wearing tobacco vanille gives you an aura of sophistication and makes you smell like you have $5 million in your bank account lol. it's so opulent and rich smelling. this one you have to be careful not to overspray....it is potent. probably the best in terms of sillage....ever. i feel that only one spray is enough....two sprays is already overdoing it. it is that strong. believe the hype.

Mighty lion

First and foremost let me start by saying Tobacco Vanille IS A FRAGRANCE MASTERPIECE!!!! Also happens to be my favorite winter fragrance..Kudos to Tom Ford the man is a genius.. The opening of tobacco is intense but not overpowering and quickly fuses with the cinnamon vanilla somewhat spicy twist and mellows into sophisticated and seductive Bliss..Women love this fragrance on me, aquaintances and strangers alike..Strongly recommend for cold weather use only!!!!!! Also compliments furs and leather..

L'amoureux
L'amoureux

sadly I dont really get what the hype is all about. Smell like Christmas ortinates to me. I want to give it another shot

lalelu
lalelu

smells like a cuban cigar with vanilla flavour .. soso good :)

gandolf
gandolf

به تازگی این عطر رو خریداری کردم-50 میلش رو یه چیزی حدود 400 تومان پول دادم ولی به هیچ وجه از خریدم پشیمون نیستم
بوی خیلی گرم و شیرینی داره که فقط باید تو زمستون استفاده کنی وگرنه اذیت میشید
ماندگاری و پخش بوی بسیار بالایی داره
تو یک کلمه شاهکاره

mathieuq613
mathieuq613

MASTER PIECE THATS ALL I HAVE TO SAY !!!!! 10OUT10

thefeman
thefeman

Exotic and erotic are two thoughts that are conjured in my mind as my senses tingle at the first scent of this magical potion! As one side of the fragrance begins to fade another takes its place... It just an amazing scent. I live in a very tropical climate (Miami) and the humidity heightens the fragrance to the upmteenth degree. I've been addicted to Creed for a very long long time, but like so many before me, I have kicked the habit and pledge alligence to Tom Ford. Bravo

Mugler pure UK
Mugler pure UK

I blind bought this stuff due to reviews of it and I'm so glad I did. I love this not only for how it smells but also the memories it gives me of my dad and his pipe. I used to sniff the bag of tobacco strands, and now he isn't alive anymore, when I put it on it reminds me of those days.
Anyway, this stuff is amazing. Pure tobacco and vanilla is what I get from this. After 6 hours the tobacco slowly moves aside and Mr Vanilla comes forward. I get another 4 hours of that with hints of tobacco coming back for another look.
Its quality juice and one that'll have as long as its being made!

Lerior
Lerior

Just got it today! I can't believe how good this one smells. The tobacco note at the beginning is GORGEOUS! Very rich vanilla as well as the tobacco. I extremely love this one.

pars2
pars2

i sarch for it.but i can not find it in Iran.
i can not even imagine it how could be??!!!!tobacco+vanille!!!!!!

samatl74
samatl74

A beautiful pipe tobacco smell. Women will not stop sniffing you! This is. Perrrrrrrfect for fall and winter. It's spicy perfection in a bottle. High price but high class. You may need a second job for this one but you will be making memories all around you as you do. There are cheaper alternatives but none match this juice. Burbery London is the white trash trailer park cousin of this.

mn24viii
mn24viii

Just tested this. It smells like cherry flavored pipe tabacco, smoothed out with vanille flavored pipe tabacco. As time progresses, vanilla gets more prominent than the cherries. It smells very authentic. Somewhere I read it is a good room fragrance. Yeah, it doesn't really smell like parfume to me.

And...Smoking flavored pipe tabacco is for old men! Get the pure unflavored stuff you young hippsters! ;-)

But it's definately high quality stuff. When i sniffle my wrist I'm amazed when I get this real authentic tabacco note. I just don't want to smell like flavored pipe tabacco.

Zenith
Zenith

Hmm, a mystery here for sure. The amazing hype around this fragrance meant that as soon as I saw it I absolutely HAD to try it and experience it. I asked the SA to put a bit on my wrist I was treated to a nice dry vanilla fragrance.

It did last quite a long time, but I'll be honest, I was quite underwhelmed by this fragrance. In certain occasions it would be lovely, but I can think of no reason to justify the price, especially when there are nicer, more complex and much MUCH cheaper vanilla fragrances out there.

While nice and pleasant, there is no way I could justify this purchase

Possum-Pie
Possum-Pie

The first time I wore this, it was summer, and I couldn't stand the cloying Vanilla, like I bathed in vanilla extract. I retried it in cooler weather, and enjoyed the Tobacco note this time. NOT a summer fragrance, or even an inside a crowded hot room full of people fragrance. Wear it outside or in cooler environments...and you will enjoy it.

Review of Darrshan

After reading so many positive reviews I tried a sample of it and first of all tis frag is not for starters who r fond of armanis and cks . U need time to understand tis scent, I waited and hour or 2 to find out what it was, I swear is ia great stuff and as time goes it becomes very nice on my skin, great work by tomford , tis perfume is for people wo have crossed all citrus and sport fragrances, amazing and class

judyk

I was soooo looking forward to trying Tobacco Vanille. Sadly, it wasn't what was I expecting. On me it was booze, black treacle, a harsh tobacco note - not the sweet fresh tobacco leaf I was hoping for - some indeterminate spice and a bit of vanillin. Not too bad in itself, but to my nose the tobacco and cacao combine to form a stale coffee grounds aroma. Not for me. The search continues.

ETA: The next day I tried Amber Absolute - magnificent!!

mippymuppett
mippymuppett

For all you reviewers: This is from a woman's perspective.

This is just the most intoxicating fragrance. I thought Noir de Noir was my favorite but now I'm not so sure. The first blast out of the bottle is crazy spicy!! Heavy blasts of cinnamon, cloves and deep rich brandy? That stage lasts for a long time on my skin before it begins to soften and morph into the most beautiful smokey & slightly sweet incense smell. I never get full on tobacco from this. Like others have said this is not a sweet vanilla. There is nothing gourmand about this scent but it is lavish and decadent to be sure!!

Back to Black by Killian turned completely tobacco on my skin. Don't get me wrong...the tobacco is gorgeous and rich but as a woman, it was a little too heavy on the tobacco side for me. I was afraid this would do the same but instead I get the most sultry and seductive smokey dark chocolate, cinnamon & clove liquor. The dry down is pure decadence!!!

If I ever smelled this on a man I would literally want to pounce on him ....I would be pouncing in my head as I'm married with 2 kiddos. Worth every last penny.

This is brilliant!!!

The Monaco
The Monaco

Truly, this is just too much. 1 spritz and you virtually stink like vanilla&tobacco. Tried to scrub it of after an hour.
This is also too much for the people around you. Too concentrated too offensive.

It's going to get comfortable and really good just at the end when it starts fainting, 4-5 hours later.

perfumlover
perfumlover

Truly this is MASTERPIECE !!!!!!!!!

Rich,creamy,smooth,sophasticated runnig out of word to describe it..........
But hold it for some special occasion.....

Rating :10/10
Longevity:10/10
Sillage : solid 6 to 8 hrs.

People will comment you like anything.........
And its not cheap like much hyped Le Male....which is nothing compared to this beauty !!!!!!!!!!
If you like vanilla fragrance and want to smell good and classy then go for it......
Its longest lasting gourmand fragrance IMO....
Just apply moderately but even applied heavily then also it will not give headache like some cheap fragrance out there..... Just its bit expensive use little but that will also be heavy for some.............

Amoroso
Amoroso

If you want to smell like a million bucks, you must get this fragrance right now!!!! It is just amazing!!!!!!!

DoraRoxx
DoraRoxx

I make it short:

MASTERPIECE!!!

Tobacco and vanilla well synchronised.
I would say like a warm Honeymilk on the first sniff.
Catching and hypnotising.
Huge positive projection.
Never to sweet nor cheap.
lasts up to 12 hours.
worth the money? For me every penny.

scent: 9,5/10
longevity: 9,5/10
sillage: 9/10

I am SOLD to it! Hands down Tom Ford/ Estee Lauder Group.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Tobacco and vanilla are blended together in perfect harmony here. There is not so much tobacco as to make this overwhelmingly harsh and smoky, but there is certainly enough for its dark, herbal beauty to smolder through the warm vanilla. I get soft wisps of tobacco smoke, along with thick, woody vanilla and spices.

There is a rich, sweet-spicy feeling about this fragrance that gives off a wonderful air of festivity. In my mind Tobacco Vanille would be an ideal fragrance to wear around the holidays, or to simply remind myself of the warmth I associate with that time of year. There are smoky, herbal, and dark facets that make this endlessly fascinating and delicious. In my opinion, this sits pretty squarely in the middle zone between masculine and feminine. The sweetness is nicely balanced out with the smoky and leathery undertones.

The vanilla doesn’t come across as sugary. I get more of a dark, raw vanilla. There is a peppery, honeyed sweetness that plays well against the earthiness of the tobacco. In the drydown things become more woody and spicy, but the sweetness and warmth of the vanilla remain at the core of this fragrance all the way through.

Tobacco Vanille lasts forever (12+ hrs) and projects like crazy. This is one of those fragrances that could easily become overwhelming and cloying if applied too heavily. I’ve been highly impressed by the majority of the fragrances I've tested thus far from Tom Ford’s private collection - this is no exception.

dani_i89
dani_i89

To describe this, I would say it smells like rotten sour cherries. Theres no tobacco, theres no cacao, theres no vanilla. Just a sour sweetness that smells like it could have been a prototype in the 70's. It lasts a long time, I kept smelling it on my hand after trying it, but it never changed. Just gross, if you want something thats sweet with the tobacco and vanilla, try and get your hands on Pure Havanne

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

This is exactly how it smells inside of my grandmother's chocolate buffet closet. Everytime she opened it with a key to give me a cinnamon chocolate bar, I was totally bewitched by this special one of a kind smell. None of other candy buffets or shops smell like this one. And now I know why, once I stole the key and opened it myself, on the glass shelf where were cinnamon chocolate bars I found expensive cigars as well which were hidden from my grandfather who smoked a lot. Soon enough I'm going to possess this smell once and for all!
P.S. Someone stole one of my balloons, return it back immediately pls! :)

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

Thought my dad's ghost was in the room smoking the sweet pipe tobacco I remember from childhood. It took a full hour for the PIPE TOBACCO!!!! to settle down into something more complex and sweet. I like how it's changing over time, but not sure I can splurge for this "curiously odd" scent. I think I'd like it on a man through all the stages, but too grandpa for too long on me.

dmoman
dmoman

One of the very few that I can say is worth the $$$$ due to how well this is blended, pure quality stuff. I've notice some say its a mature scent...maybe one of thoughs "your father's" scent. I do agree that I takes a certain person to wear this but I believe 25 and ^ can wear this. However the better you are dressed up the more fitting this cologne becomes. So youtube reviewers say its best with suit and a tie and I really do believe them entirely. On that note to me it is a bit goofy at the beginning...that's right Jack Hunter....but its a rootbeer nuclear bomb at the beginning but it turns into a very pleasant scent on the heart and drydown. Personally I don't wear a suit but I don't care I plan on owning this, worth a try.

My first impression:

He had a great curiosity about this. In the first seconds of opening the vanilla and felt something that referred the honey, but in a few moments there is a very natural tobacco, this statement impressed me by its naturalness, liked it, but the fragrance is hard to buy without trying first.

Eau de Baux is a very obvious notes of cypress, it makes it considerably different from the Tobacco Vanille

Mikegrp
Mikegrp

I am a huge Creed fan, Aventus being my favorite followed by GIT. I wanted to branch out and try some other high ends.... So I decided to try some Tom Fords.

This is interesting..... I think that this is a nice fragrance, I agree with some other reviews that it is more of a fall or winter fragrance. It really does smell like opening a fresh tin or humidor of vanilla pipe tobacco. The vanilla is spectacular and the tobacco is enjoyable.... I am just not sure if it is what I would consider a "sexy" fragrance . I think that if I were a woman this would remind me more of my grandpa than it would be a turn on.... I would love to hear more feedback on that.

All in all I love it for the ski lodge, the hunting camp, or sitting next to the fireplace watching it snow, but I don't think that I will be wearing it for a night on the town.

sleazenrapture
sleazenrapture

I found this fragrance here on Fragrantica, and I have to say I was quite intrigued. I'm still fairly new to the scent game and I can't say I know much about anything, but because of the clashing reviews and outrageously high price-tag I decided I had to try it. I bought a 10ml sample roll-on from eBay for a small amount of money and let's just say... I'm very glad I did. This is probably now my favourite fragrance of all time. I find it absolutely unbelievable that anyone could call it boring or linear. When I first smelt the perfume, I got a huge blast of tobacco spiciness and no vanilla and was a little disappointed, but as soon as I put it on my skin it turned into something beautiful. I get strong notes of what smells like clove, stronger than the tobacco note. The smoky/woody tobacco is there though, don't get me wrong, beautifully contrasting the soft sweetness (but not sickliness) of the vanilla. I don't get a huge amount of 'sweetness' until about four hours after I've applied, when the scent becomes far more muted and close to the skin. As others have mentioned, it's not a sickly synthetic vanilla like 99% of other perfumes with vanilla notes; it's a totally gorgeous and true representation of what vanilla actually smells like. I want to say the scent is almost buttery, not in smell, but texture. It totally wraps itself around you. It's truly exquisite. I have to be very careful not to drown myself in it as I know it's much stronger to others than it is to me. Unfortunately, my boyfriend absolutely hates it so I can't really wear it (he only likes things like the Escada range of frags or Daisy... he thinks TV is too masculine). I would highly recommend testing a sample of this perfume. Yes, it is expensive, but if you have the right skin, it will reward you for your expenditure. I would love to smell this on the right man to see how it works with their chemistry. It's an opinion splitter.. Some people glue their noses to my wrist and others seem to cross the road when I'm wearing it! (Don't worry TV, I'll always love you. I promise)

olubojo.bantu

Well just so that I don't mislead the multitude, the Burberry London Longevity is nothing compared to this so if you cant carry the bottle in your suitcase or car , then Tobacco vanille is for you, Burberry London needs to be reapplied every 3 hours or so. with that said, its up to you to choose!

olubojo.bantu

Well sorry to break all the great reviews and comments, I personally love the Tobacco vanille but has anyone here not had Burberry London with the brown fabric?...It is totally the same thing and with great longevity and projection for less than half the price, don't get me wrong my collection is pretty much cliche perfumes and I have about 4 other Tom Ford fragrances which are generally expensive but this.....Just try the Burberry and let me know if you wont be convinced!...Just try it!

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Am I channeling Grandpa? I am picking up only
the slightest hint of vanilla and spice.The
tobacco is drowning out every other note in
a cloud of pipe smoke!

bcoops
bcoops

as a fragrance its pretty stunning....very authentic smelling sweet tobacco in the opening .....then the tobacco goes to the back and the good gourmandy stuff takes over.....

I would only probably buy a bottle if the price was right or if it was in a swop....thou I dont think this is something I would wear much.....maybe a 10 ml decant would do.

Update....I just might buy a bottle this stuff is great!!
2nd update just went in on a 8.4 ounce split! :)

dixie.von g
dixie.von g

...i trully loooooove Tobacco fragrances!!!...good job Tom Ford!!!

Jackfusion

He had a great curiosity about this. In the first seconds of opening the vanilla and felt something that referred the honey, but in a few moments there is a very natural tobacco, this statement impressed me by its naturalness, liked it, but it is difficult to buy a blind.

jozemo
jozemo

a blind buy, that was smoky at the start,and very spicy when it dry down, a winter frag , the vanilla makes it smell like a cinnamon bun...

over_caffeine
over_caffeine

Oh, Tobacco Vanille! If only all smokers smelled this way! Heavy,smoky, high impact vanilla! Non-gourmand yet addictive, this is the only smoke smell I would want on my clothes. Reminds me of a glam film noir heroine plotting revenge wearing a slinky dress and killer heels, while sipping champagne in an expensive wine bar while it's raining outside.
A mature fragrance, Tobacco Vanille warms you up, like an expensive cigar or glass of red wine. Relaxing and stimulating all at once.

lccflor
lccflor

Although many fans of Tobacco Vanille, I don't like the combination of Vanile and Tobacco. Extremely heavy, strong, nauseating.

vsmini
vsmini

Maybe it's the fact that this was very difficult to get for years or maybe it's the fact that it's so expensive and it makes me feel like I should be coveting this fragrance more. Lackluster is the only way to describe it. It's not unique enough to warrant the price. The inital burst of tobacco and vanilla is nice but that fades after 30 minutes into a vanilla....a vanilla that you can find almost anywhere. Lasting power is good 6+ hours but I already have a lovely vanilla fragrance that sells for MUCH less and has the same scent and staying power.

I want to love it because the price makes me feel like I should...but I just don't.

wchickillo
wchickillo

let me start off by saying that this is my absolute favorite fall/winter fragrance. This fragrance literally smells like you just smoked a pipe of sweet tobacco. Some say they find it too sweet, however I think that it has the perfect touch of vanilla. Its a extremely luxurious, sophisticated fragrance. I certainly smell some clove in this as well. i cant get enough of tobacco vanille. overall 10/10

keffy
keffy

This is a very intense cologne, HEY! this is tobacco and vanilla at its best, if you are a smoker, this will boost your aroma. Its very expensive though, doesn't go for very cheap. The 1.7oz/50ml is for like $280, i dont think its worth it, anyway its good in the winter and it cut through wind, this cologne lasts for 24 hours easily, whether you have oily skin or not. Good cologne and if i was rich, i would definitely buy it.

I finally tested the legendary Tobacco Vanille, and I am happy to report that it's even more wonderful than I expected. I was certain it was overrated. I questioned whether I'd really be able to smell much tobacco...Ohhh, but it's there! In large doses. Finally--a vanilla that is NOT gourmand, not super sweet like a cream puff; one that smells subtly spicy, like the actual vanilla orchid. Tobacco Vanille is truly exquisite.

fubar1963
fubar1963

This is a happy ending in a bottle! The sweet tobacco aroma is seductive and charismatic from the first euphoric whiff to the last, which is several hours later. The sillage is just wide enough to cause a pied piper effect every time I wear this in public. This is not a fragrance for the shy or those with social phobias, because you will draw a crowd!

Update! I finally figured out what it reminds me of the first hour I spray it on. When I used to drink, my favorite was Drambuie. I would take a lighter to the Drambuie when it was in a brandy snifter, let it warm up nicely before I blew it out and began to enjoy. This reminds me of how the Drambuie smells right after I put out the flame...warm, rich, heady, with a slightly fruity bite.

Pegasus
Pegasus

A masterpiece that will definitely get you noticed, I only wear it when I want to draw attention, I think it leans toward the masculine side. Projection is out of this world with a tremendous longevity.

laurenjpop
laurenjpop

LEEEEEEEEEEEEE SIGH. Epitomy of A MASTERPIECE. On my skin this scent blooms and blossoms into a creature of its own SO SEXY, WARM, tobacco, vanilla goodness. I have actually had people grab my arm, follow me and ask me what I am wearing when I don this confection. I know chemistry has EVERYTHING to do with it but my skin just ADORES all things tobacco and vanilla. This is my HG above all others with L'Artisan Tea for Two and Hilde Solani- Bell Antonio being close 2nd and 3rd place (if you love TV try these) But in a side by side MY Tobacco Vanille will always and forever win. It is true love on my skin... that bourbon, tobacco, and tonka truly have captured my soul. Sillage, longevity are AMAZING-I never have to reapply.
yup... its me and TV always and forever

axa5780
axa5780

delicious drydown! great longevity and a crazy compliment getter! Tobacco and vanilla blended to perfection.

stuartbr
stuartbr

Olivier Gillotin is the perfumer of this fragrance ;-)

Wise-222

INSOLENCE AND
LUXURY.

sello
sello

Kış güneşi senin burnunun diregini skim grey vetiver ile bu nasil ayni koku ? Benzeyen tek
bir notasi yok kafasini siktim amele turku

heidii
heidii

i totally agree with the review from Rokovakian; first i smell something spicy tobacco which i like (i love habanita), and of course i do smell the vanilla, but soon it turns out way too sweet and strange in my opinion. Suprisingly i smell cherries. It reminds me of cherry coke...
Too bad, i thought it would be the perfect evening perfume for me, my search will go on..

DistinguishedGent1
DistinguishedGent1

The opening is an initial blast of tobacco and some spice. Can be a little offensive to some. The heart compliments the top as the spice fades away and you get a nice gourmand feel with vanilla, tonka bean, and coco. Very delicious indeed. The base is rounded off with dried fruit which smells like fig, and the sweetness from the vanilla and cocoa still lingering. Projection and sileage are excellent. Longevity is just amazing, I get 12+ hours everytime I wear this scent. Lasts after showers. No complaints. You get what you pay for with this scent.

Tom Ford's Private Blend line has yet to steer me wrong. Out of the 3 that I own this one really is probably my favorite. I would love to smell this on a woman to see how well it compliments her body chemistry. If you are a woman and you read this review please let me know how this does on your skin.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

This is Thanksgiving in a bottle. lol Honestly this smells nice. Its a little strong for my taste. This deffinately reminds me of a warm vanilla cinammon type of dessert with tobacco leaves. lol This is some serious tobacco. Be sure you sample this! I prefer A*men Pure havane honostly. They dont smell similar but it has a More subtle tobacco with a hint of cherry, then the vanilla, honey and cocoa. Way more tollerable. Just My Opinion.

Update**
Ok. About a year ago. I wasn't amazed by this fragrance. It was very nice but didn't blow me away. Idk what was wrong withme when I originally wrote that review. But I was at neimans and sprayed it on my arm for the heck of it. And I've been walking around all day with my nose stuck to my forearm. This stuff is amazing. And I can't get enough of it. Maybe its the change in weather or my nose has just changed but I love this stuff. If anybody has a used bottle they would like to sell. Please message me. Lookin for a deal.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Simply delicious.

Tobacco Vanille is about 3 parts vanilla, 2 parts tobbaco and one part cocoa. The vanilla is beautiful, and of a high quality; sweet yet also quite natural. The tobacco is the spicy, clovey type and reminiscent of smells one typically associates with the holidays. TV has very good projection and longevity, though it does not develop or change much throughout the life of the scent. It is probably most appropriate for night-time wear, or a day spent out and about. TV is a fairly heavy scent, but works fine when applied moderately.

If you're looking for a something sweet to wear in the fall or winter, don't pass this one up! It's one of the best gourmands out there.

RobAtSGH
RobAtSGH

Tom Ford's Tobacco Vanille starts out with a huge blast of tobacco leaf and honey, then ambles into a pipe-smoke cloud of vanilla, tonka, and mild tobacco. For those familiar with it, this is like sticking your entire head in a jar of Lane 1-Q. After many hours, it trails off in a buttercream haze of vanilla, tonka, and cocoa.

Better as a room scent or candle fragrance than a personal perfume, it does have fleeting moments of goodness where everything comes together perfectly. However, it mostly smells sweet and edible, finally wrapping up as a faint whiff of cupcakes cooling from the oven. As such, I'm not sure it's worth the premium price, despite the persistence and quality of the ingredients. For me, vanillics without some offsetting element that takes them out of the realm of food are not something I want to wear all day. Plus, the linearity of this juice, while impressive, is just a bit boring.

Pleasant? Yes. Sensual? No. Worth the cash? Maybe, if long-wearing vanilla is your dream scent.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

I really wanted these Private BLends to work for me. You should buy some $400 pancakes to go with this $200 syrup. Strong with sweet, musky labdanum and vanilla and amber. Thick, cloying, creamy sweetness. Very little tobacco to be smelled here. There must be tonka in this because it's just so sweet and candy-like.
I just don't get these TF fragrances. I don't think I've ever said this about any fragrance I've tried in the past but I'm going to say it now - gross. If you like those A*Men frags you might like this, too.

john1986
john1986

love this fragrance. I've had it for a while, don't wear it as often as some others, but always enjoy it when I do.
On me, its straight tobacco and vanilla, with a boozy edge. It pretty much stays true, no new nuances really unfold as the day wears on. The predominance of tobacco gradually is taken over by the vanilla/tonka notes, but the tobacco does not disappear.
Of the four oriental fragrances I own that have tobacco notes, this one is has the truest, most dominant note when I wear it.

It is very unlike Kilian Back to Black, not at all like Habanita.
The most similar, in how fragrance reacts with my chemistry is Christopher Dicas, but they are only "cousins" not twins or even siblings. I do layer the two together sometimes.

louisdav
louisdav

This smells like Easter biscuits and play-doh... It's a nice smell but i don't feel it deserves it's legendary status when there are amazing fragrances like Noir de Noir and Italian Cypress in the line.

kittymoon
kittymoon

It smells like vanille and tobacco. And vanille. And tobacco. And vanille ... you get the picture. It is a very sweet vanille without being sugary. It's very comforting. It lasts forever! I had it on a test stripe and I could still smell it 2 weeks (!!!) later! :) Lovely, but I would NEVER pay that much for it.

AquaCitrus
AquaCitrus

I tested this today at Selfridges, London. For me the vanilla note is quite prominent. I had to ask the lady at the counter if liquorice was one of the notes. It smells more gourmand than smoky. Reminded me of one of those famous Danish Butter Cookies during the drydown? I got about 7-8 hours on my skin. A nice fragrance, but at £180 for 100ml...not sure!! I prefer Sonoma Scent Studio's Tabac Aurea for the pipe tobacco vibe.

Kain
Kain

A masterpiece from Tom Ford house.
The notes break down is very simple but overall smell is great.
The opening is great mix of tobacco and honey and vanilla. very sweet and dark and pleasant.
At the base tobacco note is very weak in the background but vanilla and honey are still there with so delicious smell! I want to bite my wrist! lol
Very good longevity but projection isn't that great.
For the 2-3 hours you have a very good scent cloud but after that it's a skin scent fragrance!
عطر بسیار خوشبو و بینظیری هست
در ابتدا که اسپری میکنین روی پوست رایحه توتون، وانیل و عسل کاملا به شمام میرسه.
خیلی شیرین و فوق العاده خوش بو هست
به مرور زمان رایحه تنباکو ضعیف و ضعیفتر میشه و در نهایت شما فقط بوی وانیل و عسل رو حس میکنین اما بی نظیره. بسیار خوشبو و تحریک کننده هست بوش
ماندگاری خیلی خوبی داره اما پخش بوش خیلی عالی نیست. به نظر من بلک ارکید پخش بو و مادگاری بهتری داره اما بوی اونا به هیچ وجه شبیه هم نیست. بازم میگم به هیچ وجه.
من حدود 300 تومنی پیاده شدم برای 50 میلش. گرون هست اما ارزش بوی بینظیر و عالیشو داره

nikitajade
nikitajade

such a lovely, sexy fragrance. althought it is so simple, it leaves mystery in the air. I cannot help but adore it.
Update: well i adore it on me...for some reason on my husband it takes on a definite clove smell. and i like cloves, but it's not really him.

dariapesheva
dariapesheva

This is absolutely amazing and addictive fragrance.I bought 1.7 oz and now I am going to buy the biggest one because I can't stop sniifing it.I almost bathe in it,
lol,I think, I have already been quite addicted to it. Although it stays close to the skin it is longlasting,luxurious tobacco smell, mixed with honey and vanilla. I find it quite unisex, but since I've been wearing it my bf is stuck to me as a stamp to an envelope.Thumbs up for this high-quality perfume.

The heart has reasons
The heart has reasons

I received my sample from reputable source,mentioned often.
My problem is on my skin- I get much clove- very little tobacco or vanilla and then an hr. later very faint vanilla very close to the skin.
3hr.s later ...gone. I am thinking perhaps I did not get the real thing. But if it is the real juice I am very disappointed, I have wanted to try TV for so long.

Edit- Second test- First hour very spicy second hour sweet tobacco leaf with vanilla underneath . This time it is warming up & beginning to project. Performance is more like what I expected from TV. I think this would smell heavenly on my husband but will I share? 1.5 ml. won't go very far.

rinz09
rinz09

This was my "fancy event" fragrance, but was soon stolen by my brother. To be fair it smells much better on him! This a smokey haze of vanilla and resin that is just beautiful. It also lasts a long long time. I put it on once, and could still smell is two weeks later. Its also lovely because its ageless. I totally recommend this perfume!

margaret.fosh
margaret.fosh

If this juice were a man I would become his slave - absolutely orgasmic.

sablebombe
sablebombe

On a bracing winter or spring morning do you wake up and go outside and smell....? What sometimes comes back is a baconey-type of smell and others a kind of nose tingling almost vanilla chilly scent!

Tobacco vanille is the latter when I first put it on - very cold, bracing, early morning, early spring or late winter! The tobacco kind of adds to this wonderful chill as deeply comforting to me, being an ex-smoker! There really is a good quality tobacco accord here!

As it dries down slightly the honeyed notes tend to put their arms around you and hug you which warms the fragrance oh so slightly and the tobacco notes calm themselves.

This is rather interesting but also a tad boring as I do find the scent rather linear - I'm not getting very much in the way of spice but I am getting a lot in the way of vanilla and a fresh, fresh pod of vanilla seeds at that but please don't think gourmand! Eat a tiny bit of vanilla paste - taste it and you will taste that uniquely unsweet vanilla seed and you will understand what I am saying...!

Personally, I find this more of a masculine scent (as I do with a lot of Tom's fragrances) than feminine EVEN with all that vanilla...!!!! It is very expensive but I do find it quite unique and I think it isn't for a younger man but rather an older man about town! In fact, I think I could fancy an older bloke just because they are wearing this LOL

I would definitely recommend this one - but do get a tester first and it might have you sniffing away at you wrist as much as I have today!

justicecrow88
justicecrow88

i smell anise,followed by a sweet tobacco.i guess the sweetness is the vanilla, finally a shroud of slightly spicy vanilla tobacco covered with white musk.this is a very unique scent.i find it very pleasing but i will only wear it on the occasion i long to smell well off.i was expecting a stronger tobacco note but this is very nice and unique.

domi.gerritsen
domi.gerritsen

Amazing juice. Expensive stuff so you have little chance of running into anyone that is wearing the same thing. That was part of the reason I was willing to spend the money for this fragrance.

The opening is a fresh tobacco & honey. Quickly the vanilla starts to come in and after a couple of hours the tobacco dies down a bit and it's mostly warm vanilla and spices that gives a fresh-out-of-the-oven vanilla/almond cookie kind of smell. After about 8 hours it becomes more a skin scent with a hint of coco.

ajaymenon333
ajaymenon333

This is my signature scent! I love this fragrance, it is pure luxury. Perhaps the best one out there in this tobacco / sweet/ vanilla category.

Mick5781
Mick5781

Amazing fragrance but it's expensive..so i use it only for special occasions

duskangel101
duskangel101

When I first heard about Tobacco Vanille, I thought, "cigarettes?" But for some reason, I was looking forward to sampling it. And when I was finally able to test it, I wasn't too sure what to think. Still. I gave it a shot and sprayed it on a card and put the card in my pocket. After sniffing it over and over for a while, I decided that it was a very unique scent and got a sample from this huge Nordstrom after much pointless chatter with the store clerks. I just love it now, I have to prevent myself from spraying it all at once, or else I'll have a headache. I guess it smells like its name implies. Sweet vanilla mixed with herbal tobacco, but this one is simply addictive. I keep thinking, is this what being a tobacco addict feels like?

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I have sampled about 10 frags this evening, so my nose is plum wore out and totally confused... I have no skin left on either arm... but I just popped a spray down inside the front of my t-shirt and stuck my nose in there... I have two words:

Root beer
Tobacco

I totally dig it.

But not for between 4 and 6 bucks per ml. I am willing to pay around $1.00-$1.75 per ml on average for a decent, respectable house scent that I adore. Less if I can swing a good deal on eBay. Someone here paid $500 for the 8oz... which actually isn't too bad considering what you can get out there right now. Its rarity perks the price.

steveniox
steveniox

On me, this smells like an ice cream shop next to a tobacconists. Very intoxicating and sweet, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. After a few hours, it dried down to a powdery hot chocolate, and continued this phase for quite some time. Further, it settles to a lovely vanilla, which was still there when I woke up the next morning, approximately 16 hours from application. Gorgeous, and perhaps one of the best fragrances I've smelled as of yet.

mohmd.taha
mohmd.taha

Fancy perfume & fancy package .
I couldnt believe myself when I got this perfume , I was literally dreaming of it and the dream came true , as a vanila lover I knew this one will suit me , but in fact i find this perfume more than amazing for me with its thick vanila tobacco & cacao combo which lasts for ages specially in fabric ,I just cant stop smelling it on me and cant reach for another perfume in my wardrobe .
Guys.. this is TO DIE FOR SCENT.But very PAINFUL price.

MiguelHarris
MiguelHarris

Tobacco Vanille, an enticingly warm and intense fragrance that intensifies as your body heat increases.

A seductive and comforting fragrance reminiscent to the aroma of marshmallows dipped in warm chocolate & vanilla.

it starts of with a trio of cocoa, vanilla & dried fruits to create a harmony of warmth with vanille undertones.

the Cocoa & vanilla stay as notes of creamy marshmallow comes out to intensify the sensuality and passion of the fragrance.

the fragrance is balanced by the smoky tones of tobacco leaf & tobacco flower to keep it from becoming to sweet.

Overall if you like the smell of toasted chocolaty marshmallows infused and heightened by the seductive tones of vanilla & tobacco, you will love this one

A very private creation, turned down the light and the warmth & gourmand notes of this fragrance should enhance any couples mood throughout the night and leave it's warm impression the morning after ;-)

Oslo-fjord

I bought this one last week, but now I regret.. I can`t detect any tobacco (Tabarome millesime, that`s tobacco!) The vanilla is nice, but there is something going on there that reminds me of some kind of medicine smell. Like the smell you can detect at a dental-clinic.. Sorry, but I think it`s overrated.

twlahue
twlahue

The longer you wear it, the better it smells.
starts out ok, but becomes very nice.
have to pass on this one because of the price...

fragru
fragru

Sadly I didn't notice any tobacco, not in the opening, middle or base notes.

All there seems to be is a very strong vanilla (of the sweet confectionery kind) and cocoa. It's not a bad smell but it could be nauseating to some around you.

Absolutely do *not* buy this blind. Buy a small sample first. You will either love or hate this.
I don't "hate" it per se, but while I find it a comforting scent, others who are exposed to you may not appreciate it in the same way.

spirit966
spirit966

Really like this scent as it is comforting, ambery and soothing.

It is a very sweet gourmand and I do agree that the vanilla here is not the best around.

But the cinnamon and tobacco + the vanilla really is a soothing masculine concoction.

I don't agree that this smells like Spiriteous Double Vanille. Yes they both do vanilla. But this is more about cinnamon, tobacco (pipe tobacco), and warm vanilla with a little bit of a raisin and eggnog (honey) note during the first few hours. Spiriteous Double Vanille starts very boozy and ends with a vanilla icecream accord.

aeli
aeli

- So wanted to like this one.. I love the incredible 'Amber Absolute' as well as 'Noir de Noir' from Tom Ford's Private Blend Collection.

- Absolutely disappointed with it! Tried it many times over and over, but just don't like this EDP at all! It's so sweet and weird! Can only agree with "suburbanites"

kirsty the beauty
kirsty the beauty

mmm a delicious smell i think the most sensitive smell is vanilla some might disagree and say the tabacco is the most sensetive e.g. my sister! lol this is a sweet and sensitive smell and is perfect for people who like sweet smells like me!

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

I love the unreserved monstrous sillage of this.

Sadly I expected more, this is just sugar, tobacco , vanilla and a world load more of sugar. Plus almonds, and I do not like those.

There are virtually no freshy notes on top, I expected a gentle spice start, even a few greens, but the perfumes structure resembles just one huge base note. Way too linear for a £80 (for 50mls!) scent.

Crazy, and a waste of money for basically 2 notes! But the quality of the tobacco and vanilla is apparent, very thick, real and strong.

I also got no dried fruits as note listed, or woodsy notes which I was looking forward to.

Price must be considered, and this is not worth it's price and rarity for me. However, I will give it an Ok score, the tobacco is clear, and the sweetness is true. It has real qualities, and that has to be given real credit.

3/5.

ralucucky
ralucucky

Fantastic! Can't get enough of it! Very expensive, hard to find, but still fantastic :)

Killercolours
Killercolours

An intense burst of honey topped with a dry vanilla. The honey is very warm, sweet and sticky, so comforting in a way. The tobacco is soft and gentle, not overwhelming at all. Just graceful and... there. It amps up as the perfume dries down and shares the main attention with this sugared vanilla.

It's probably just my skin that pulls this ultra potent honey out, as it isn't listed as a note. I can find myself sunken into my collar smelling myself with closed eyes, it gets me so high. I wish more people could experience this scent the way I do, because it sure is a masterpiece.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

it smells just like a sweet cough syrup. atleast for the first 3hours on the test paper strip.
after a month : now the same strip smells like sweet biscuits, or reminds me of vanilla tobacco for pipesmoking. after about month, i can still smell fragrance on the paper strip (now it feels nice ). i remember that the guerlain strips i tested with this one lost their fragrance after 5-6 days max.

Scentrist
Scentrist

So what can I say that hasn't already been said about Tobacco Vanille? Probably a lot.

If you want to duplicate TV, here's what you do: Go to your local grocery. Get a bottle of decent vanilla extract (ok, even the really chemical smelling fake stuff might do in a pinch), add a touch of cinnamon, chai spice, ground ginger and some ground cocoa. Combine, decant, and spray. You'll smell like cookies, but you won't smell much different than the linear lines of this fragrance. And you'll save roughly $190.

Seriously, the over-emphasis on the wrong note is often what plagues Tom Ford's other scents as well (as much as I appreciate Amber Absolute, the emphasis on incense tends to overwhelm the amber). Here, the tobacco is a missing element or mere footnote in what should have been a well-orchestrated symphony. For so much promise, so little is experienced. This is a syrupy sweet confection that a walk around the mall will make kids wonder where the waffles are being served. This is far too linear, very unimaginative, synthetic-smelling and lacking in the focal ingredient. Too many others have done tobacco in a much more appreciable way, Serge Lutens Fumerie Turque comes to mind, Creed Tabarome not far behind. I can appreciate many of the Private Blend fragrances, but this completely misses the mark.

sturtle
sturtle

My husband recently bought me a bottle of something else -- something I already had -- and I exchanged it for Tobacco Vanille. I'd had a couple of samples of TV and loved it, but I guess I never really paid attention to its development.

The top notes are fantastic -- a little like standing in a humidor -- but within 10 minutes, all I can smell is cinnamon. It dries down to an interesting cinnamon-vanilla, but frankly, I can get that anywhere and for much, much less.

For now, I'll stick with Mugler's Pure Havane. Not a huge fan of PH's camphorous top notes, but the drydown is much more pleasant than TV, IMHO.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

If you're looking for an overly complex scent that changes from top notes to dry down, Tobacco Vanille is not for you. However if you're wanting the best rendition of something simple, TV is one of the best out there. The tobacco is exotic and comforting rather than dry and off-putting, and the vanilla isn't so sweet as to make you feel like you just rubbed a cupcake on your arm. However the blend overall is sweet enough that I can't imagine it on a man. Sillage can be quite strong so dab rather than spray if you can, and longevity is superb at 6 hours and counting.

However, for all its beauty Tobacco Vanille is horribly overpriced. I don't mind paying top dollar for the well-blended, complex, and long-lived, but a blend this linear needs to have a good chunk knocked off the price. $120 or $140 would be tempting, but at nearly $200 for 50ml TV is the kind of scent I'll pine for but never buy unless $200 somehow dropped onto my lap.

Rokovakian
Rokovakian

I got cherries, chai, cloves and raisins. And, supposedly a hint of tobacco in there somewhere. All in all, way too sweet for my taste. For the first few hours Tobacco Vanille smelled ok in it's own spicy way, but by the time everything dried down, a nasty hospital/medicinal/plasticky resin stench flipped me the bird before everything finally faded out. This wretched swill stinks to high Hell.

ticalica
ticalica

The best vanilla scent out there, suiting ages from 20 to 100 years old.

FANTASTIC!
The tobacco adds the pinch of drama to make it mature

The cacao creates the warmth needed to comfort you

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This is a monster in all senses - sillage, duration and complexity of full-on fragrant notes. Unfortunately on my skin there is no real tobacco or even vanilla note, it's pure potent Christmas pudding, which is not the effect I had wanted! Gorgeous on others, this mixes badly with my skin chemistry.

nooory
nooory

I agree with jocontrol 100%!
The tobacco note in this one definitely smells like chai, when i first spritzed i used these exact words "mmm vanilla tea!!"
Now, as much as i like this, but this note in perfumes in not my cup of tea... (pun intended)

jocontrol
jocontrol

LOVE LOVE LOVE the opening; it's perfectly sweet and spicy. i swore i could have smelled some cinnamon and black licorice in there.

i have one little problem with the drydown, however, and it's the same problem i always have with tobacco fragrances: it smells like tea to me. chai tea. i still love this fragrance but that perceived tea note does bother me.

saidah
saidah

amazing smell. tried it and fall in love. dont have it yet. quite heavy but unique and powerful

Isn't it strange how so many complain that it's too simple and/or that it's too expensive, yet it is certainly popular. So, if this is the case, why hasn't another company just marketed a fragrance that is nearly identical, which is legal? They could even call it Vanilla Tobacco Supreme, for example. I like it, but because it's a bit simple I can only wear it once a month, at most. This is also the case because I have several tobacco fragrances (Michael for Men, Le Dandy, etc.) and don't like to wear one more than twice a week.

This is powerful and lasts a very long time. I just spray once, a couple inches above the navel, to prevent possible nausea, and that seems to work fine. I think I may dilute some with vodka because it's probably even too strong that way. I think that while tobacco fragrance fans should sample this one, even those who don't probably should as well (so long as you like vanilla), because the tobacco isn't that strong within the overall composition; it's just strong because the fragrance is very strong (hence the idea about dilution).

sillybilly
sillybilly

I like it so much I have no words for it! I am running low on it and I'm going to buy it again. Perfect combo of vanille and tobacco. I feel like I'm in an old noir film with voluptuous woman when I am wearing this.

fpih
fpih

Tried it at the department store yesterday and while I did have the cash with me, didn't buy it in the end.

It really is a beautiful tobacco and vanilla perfume on me. I don't detect any spice at all and barely any honey. Just those two notes, which I happen to love. Also, the lasting power was amazing; two spritzes on my wrist and I could detect it until late at night. It's comforing, warm, mellow and just sweet enough not to be cloying. I'd love to bask in this scent but there's one thing stopping me:

My husband brought home a month ago from Duty Free, a packet of vanilla scented tobacco for a coworker who smokes pipe tobacco. The whole weekend we had the closed packet in the foyer, and everytime we passed from there, we would both stop and inhale the gorgeous scent (neither me nor my husband are smokers). It was an amazing smell and we both commented on that many times:) Well, that scent is 100% exactly like TV. So, the question is, do I really want to smell like raw tobacco, even an exquisitely fragranced one? I have the feeling that when I enter a room, people will start asking "who's smoking a pipe in here?" and that's not the effect I'm striving for. On the other hand, I just can't stop smelling my wrist; it IS an unbelievably haunting fragrance, I just don't think I'll be able to wear it very often and the price is such that doesn't allow for mistakes and regrets. I'll probably indulge in a decant first and if I go through it real fast, the small bottle will be next!

Note: I also own and adore Fumerie Turque, which I have to say, is less sweet than TV and more formal than cudly & comforting as opposed to TV. Though they both have tobacco and vanilla as main notes, the effect is completely different so don't buy TV untested just because you love FT.

Awatef

okay tried it again - liked it more changed my mind about it being an old man's fragrance - it’s very mature though

Awatef

Pipe tobacco and vanilla i thought the this mix was such a risk umm i liked but not loved ,i don’t think anyone can pull this off!!i know i couldn’t but i would reaallly love to smell this scent on a slightly older but fit man

Ddj221
Ddj221

This smells like the gussied up version of La Perla Touch. The scent is pretty sweet and intense at the top notes and it sticks around for 30 minutes or so in this phase. It slowly transitions to a warm spicy vanilla with a hint of tobacco. I have been wearing it for6 hours now and the scent is beautiful right now.

I will layer this with La Perla to add the musk element, otherwise these two fragrances are kissing cousins.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A beautiful fragrance with the tobacco and vanille going hand in hand with spice to provide pleasure to the senses. The only thing that lets it down is it's nuclear strength!

junior halston

I will be first to say this fragrance is worth the price for 3.4 oz spray.

Magnificent blend of rich tobacco from a humidor jar mixed with rich vanilla with a touch of honey. Not one note stands out but all blend together in sublime perfectness.

This has become my fall signature.

nem11
nem11

This is a quality product for sure! The accords in it very much harmonize with each other without beeing one of them dominant over the other one. Kind of reminds me of freshly collected (very) sweet type of honey mixed with tobacco + vanilla. Like you collect the honey and then bring it into an old tobacco-smooky farm-house on the country side (in Europe! as I only experienced honey collecting on European farms), that's the feel it gives to me. By smelling it near to your hand you get the honey accord more, from a distance you get more the tobacco accord of it.
For those who like honey type of sweet fragrances mixed with tobacco, it is recommended as a quality product.

Heverton
Heverton

I absolutely love this fragrance. A complete masterpiece in my opinion!

Just making things short: honey, vanilla and tobacco never were so good on my skin, and this combination stays and projects forever!

A MUST TRY for anyone who loves sweet fragrances.

INJEN
INJEN

Dos this cost me a lot I was at Holt Renfrew in Toronto and for a 100 ML I paid almost $400 but I love it so I have no regrets .

leecher88
leecher88

guys try Baldessarini Strictly Private it projects a better smell and more notes than this one !!!

Who likes TF Tobacco Vanille will love Strictly Private

spoombung
spoombung

Smooth and rich, it's an impressive perfume - vanilla and tobacco with a powerful clove drydown - unfortunately that's the bit I don't like (that and the high price).

BIG
BIG

Bought a decant of Tobacco Vanille. What i got mainly on my skin were cloves, cloves and cloves. And it projected for ages. I don't think the hype revolving around this fragrance is well justified.

puppynose
puppynose

Poor quality vanilla component ruins an adequate tobacco scent. Half the typical price is not justified.

ejay23
ejay23

Well worth the investemt!

Jomoves
Jomoves

I'd read about this and thought I'd give it a try. I normally shy away from the Tom Ford section because whenever I go anywhere near it the sales people always hover around as if they think I'm trying to shoplift. So annoying.

Anyway, there were no sales reps there today, so I gave it a try. And the first thing I thought was "cough medicine mixed with a touch of Aramis". I can smell the tobacco, and the vanilla is in there as well but this one just isn't for me.

The one thing that did surprise me is just how cheap the packaging is. Really lightweight with lots of plastic. Considering this is at the high end of the high end, you would think that Estee Lauder would have put in a bit of an effort to make it look as good as it does in the commercials.

But then, I think we all know now that nothing is as good as it looks in advertisements.

nekoni koban
nekoni koban

If you want to pay for the privilege of smelling like a packet of sweet pipe tobacco, this is your fragrance.

Mokokos

Follow up. I'm eating my words. At Nieman Marcus I put a full spray on my wrist and sprayed my neck and the front of my sweater. Well let me tell you, I take back my first unenthusiastic review and now give this fragrance a big thumbs up! I bought the bottle. It is very well composed. The vanilla and tobacco, yes it is there but the dry down is to die for. The dry down goes to another level. It is deeper and I think, rides close to the skin, but it is there and it smells wonderful. It is my favorite part of the fragrance and I can't wait for the fragrance to evolve and get to it. It is elegant for evening and great for blue jean weekends. It is a big wrist sniffer pick me up. No problems for the office, just make sure you spray your wrists so that you can take your hits on it during the day.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I wish I would have never tested this!
And its only because now that I have, I WANT THIS BADLY!

At first I get a kickback of red cinnamon & some clove spice, like that in a red chewing gum, or the candied spice in a "Mike & Ike". But then it rounds itself out into a mature vanilla & sweet tobacco scent, along with something else, maybe licorice.

It's sexy, dark, and daring for a woman. Oh yes! But I think that's what makes it so intriguing. I know a man can wear this also, and I definitely hope they would, but I would almost prefer to smell it on a female... a femme fatale. Maybe she's unconventional, secretly smokes a pipe, or rolls her own cigars??? Who knows! But this scent alone would make her extraordinary!

Lost Argonaut
Lost Argonaut

I just had a spray on my wrist in a fragrance shop today, and for the next 9 hours its sweet caramel and vanilla composition gave me a constant headache until I washed it off. There's no doubt about the quality of ingredients in this work, which might appeal best to those who like to see a dominant particular note in a fragrance, but I would go with the overall composition of a perfume that keeps me constantly involved, rather than listening to the same ode to vanilla all the time.

seaofghosts
seaofghosts

This is a very complex scent. Funnily enough, I don't get much of the tobacco note. More of a deep vanilla and something else I can't describe. It's boozy but not as much as I would have thought. I don't understand why it gets so much hype. I do really like it though. It reminds me of an old world wooden library.

Mokokos

Well, I bought this fragrance after sampling it several times. At first I thought it was nice but not great, but now I appreciate it even more,it's composition. It is superb with what I would call the Arturo Fuente Opus X cigar scent and a medium strength vanilla. It is a bit boozy, like Goslings rum. Very masculine, very sophisticated. The dry down is where you will experience the cocoa. I sprayed some on my son just to see what it smells like on another person and it smelled great, and he loves it too and wants his own bottle of it. It rides close to the skin, but you will get whiffs of it throughout the day. It lasts a good 8 to 10 hours.

LuzForm
LuzForm

I so want to try this. Instead of buying a sample, I'd like to sample it free in a retail store. Where is it carried?

I don't think this is as simple as the note pyramid suggests. I get spice and an herbal kind of note (in the far drydown). In any case, some people seem to think the vanilla is too strong, while others think the tobacco is too strong. I think the balance is very good. There seems to be a dried fruit kind of note up top, which recedes to the background over time. It's a bit sweet but not nearly as much as some recent fragrances. I like that it doesn't become syrupy or powdery, as so many amber fragrances do. This one, for me, has enough "counterpoint" to the heavy, sweet, vanillic element. I can understand the idea that it gets a bit boring over time, but I don't think this is one to be studied. It may be a "one hit wonder, but it's going to be on the charts at #1 for a long time. It's creamy and rich, olfactory decadence for sure. Longevity and projection/"sillage" are excellent.

costaleo
costaleo

Unique, very well-blended, in a way quite simple, which is the greatest surprising factor. You go like: how come no one ever thought about blending tobacco and vanilla together? This scent is just amazing, it's been on my skin for 14 hours now - and vigourously breathing. Not even Joop or Aman can achieve this spectacular record... Tobacco Vanille is not just an overpriced fragrance. It's not just a marketing coup as some say. It's for real one of the best fragrances out there. Of course the difficulty to find it and the price it costs give it an unreachabale aura. Now I gotta have my bottle too... Meanwhile, I'll enjoy my 5ml decant.

update: just got my full 50 ml bottle... It's definetly my passion at the moment. Feel like eating my wrists. Can't imagine any woman wearing this. As someone above has said, it has to be a very daring woman. Love the blend.

Nicolas V
Nicolas V

Probably the most nauseating perfume experience I've had since Serge Lutens' Miel de Bois. The opening was very delicious and boozy vanilla, very nice actually, but soon morphed into such a excruciatingly, sticky sweet scent that I actually became sick to my stomach. After two hours, I still didn't sense much tobacco to calm down the vanilla, and in the end reached for the baby wipes to scrub this one off.

Thumbs way down.

LuckyStar1
LuckyStar1

This is very strong and it has been almost 9 hours since I tested it in the Dept Store and it is still smelling very strongly on my hand. I get a very sweet pipe tobacco smell with heavy vanilla and cocoa. I prefer it in the dry down and am not too keen on the initial top notes on application. The projection and sillage from one squirt from the bottle is huge and lasts for a very very long time on my skin. I also get a fruit cake scent mixed in with a woody scent too. I don't know when I would wear this apart from winter/xmas time as it reminds me of that season. I will probably buy a few sample size vials as it so strong and I would never use the smallest size bottle they had in the store which was very expensive!!!

Mokokos

Well, it is day 5 wearing these samples of tobacco vanille. The verdict is inconclusive. It is linear in it's top notes, light tobacco, the boozey vanilla, it does get a little caramelly and cocoa in the drydown, which I think is it's best quality. This indeed rides close to the skin. I get compliments on Hermessence Narguilie and creed's Sublime Vanille but not on this one. It did not live up to the hype, that being said, it is a very nice scent. The best vanilla in my humble opinion is Sublime Vanille and that one rides close to the skin as well. I'll give it another week to test, but so far - no buy.

JustinV

Tobacco: 30%, 3-4 hours

Base:

Vanilla: 80-90%
Tobacco: 10%, 3-4 hours

Wow, this is for girls? Don't think so....seriously, this is extreme. It should have been labelled eau de parfum extreme instead. With the label warning of 'extremely strong'

I was about to blind buy this, seriously love the name, tobacco vanillle.

But as I am not really a collector, I just enjoy the samples, so when I try, I think I have made a good 'investment' not to blind buy it.

Seriously, this is a hit or miss fragrance. Some people will enjoy it, some will hate it. I am on the linear side.

Its good. Really its good. Sillage is like a monster.
PEOPLE WILL NOTICE YOU (1 on the neck and you are set for 24 hours!!!)

I enjoy tobacco and vanilla, but this....kinds of cloy my nose.

This is a lounge fragrance. You know, having a drink with your buddy. I can't imagine wearing this at work. Man.... its crazy. If you think the real cigars can cut this, your are wrong.

My warning to all purchasers:

Sample it first. I repeat. Sample it first.

Best at the night, cold nights.

My rating (base on 5 stars)

Scent: 5(Unique for sure).

Sillage: 5 (Monster).

Time length: 5 (Monster).

Occasion: 1 (night lounge).

Overall base on mathematics: 4/5

A good scent that won't be in my usage...for now. I might revisit it when I am like...40 years old? =p

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I expected to love this, as I'm a vanilla lover, but this was just so syrupy sweet and strong that I couldn't bear it. Could be lovely I think if it came in a watered down version. However think it is as advertised. You definitely get the smell of an old gentleman's club with how the tobacco intertwines with the vanilla. The dry down is nice, but the first, like three hours are overpowering. My cat however, went absolutely crazy for this for some strange reason! He couldn't get enough! :)

Parfumista2010
Parfumista2010

How can I begin to describe this awesome scent ?
It is hauntingly delicious, mysterious and oh so tempting ! When I first wore TV at the office two of my lady colleagues went rampant over it :-) Well, almost :-)
They loved the scent describing it as something they had never smelled before. Neither had I.
TV begins with a rather sharp and striking note of cloves and other spices, then turns into a big big vanilla darling, on my skin the tobacco remains rather subtle. In the further drydown I detect honey and caramel - it is a dream !
Its price is definitely rather a nightmare but well, what can you do ?
TV is absolutely unisex, so ladies, do not hesitate to try this if you love vanilla and spices. By the way I do not smoke :-) So please do not worry about the tobacco, it smells un-smoked and very very pleasing.

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

This is the best fragrance in the entire world. Fact. I am actually in love with this perfume, like, real 'I spray it and get all happy and emotional' kind of love. I love the chic box, the stylish bottle, even just seeing everything labelled 'Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille' makes me excited.
I saved and saved to buy a bottle of this, and felt so proud walking away from the Tom Ford counter with my beautiful Tobacco Vanille in an equally beautiful black Tom Ford bag. I even love the fact it's so expensive, because it makes wearing it feel such a luxury, that no matter where you are or what you're doing, you're wearing a small bit of expensive luxury. The price also stops the fragrance becoming commercial and prevents 'just anyone' from owning it - the person who owns a Private Blend is a true perfume connoisseur!
Now, I suppose if I'm going to post a review, I actually ought to talk about the fragrance! Well, let me start by saying - you will never smell anything like this with any other fragrance. From the first spritz, Tobacco Vanille is at once sweet, warm and spicy. It smells, as you might say, expensive. This, although it claims to make an appearance later, is where I smell the cocoa - and not a sickly sort of chocolate smell, but a true, refined cocoa: rich and sumptuous. Of course, it wouldn't be Tobacco Vanille without tobacco and vanilla! These both make themselves present in an outstanding manner, both decorated with spicy, and as some have said, Christmas notes, not dissimilar to festive treats such as nutmeg and cinnamon. The tobacco is in perfect ratio to all the other essences - not too herby/smoky, but instead just at the right level of providing a mesmerising intricacy, reminiscent of winter nights and gentlemen's clubs (as was Tom Ford's intent). I can assume the rich, velvet accord is provided throughout by the tonka bean - again, in perfect synchronisation with all other aspects of the fragrance. Tobacco Vanille is consistent throughout, or as some others may say, one dimensional, but to that I would say 'If perfection is achieved within the first spray, why attempt to create anything further for the sake of the mass?' - after all, as Mr. Ford said in an interview, the Private Blend is not meant to be a universal fragrance, it is a niche, it appeals to a certain sort of person; you will either fall in love with it for what it is, or you won't.
As I said at the start of this miniature essay (my élan a testament to my adoration), everything about this fragrance for me is perfect. Yes, it's expensive, but if you can afford it, and if you love it, go for it - you won't regret it!

TOBACCO VANILLE is the fourth Tom Ford creation that I've had the pleasure of sniffing, and I see a governing aesthetic coming into view for this house. I would compare it, texture-wise to gourmet caramel. Thick, rich, relatively homogeneous, made of only a few simple yet very high quality ingredients with a great deal of heft--these are not lightweight frags. I'm not saying that Tom Ford produces caramelly perfumes in the sense of "foody" or gourmand. No, I'm saying that they share a common aesthetic of delicious voluptuousness. TF perfumes wear the way caramel rolls over the tongue.

Just as well-made caramel sauce is a pleasure not only for its taste, Tom Ford perfumes offer a similar combination of comfort and seduction. They are so directly sensual, particularly in the early stages, that I would not recommend them for office wear--possibly too much (though it would depend upon where one works...)

TOBACCO VANILLE opens slightly sweet and lusciously rich but dries down to a more and more masculine fresh pipe tobacco scent. I know this because it reminds me of my stepfather, who carries a pouch of pipe tobacco with him wherever he goes. (Little does he know that he smells like the drydown of a Tom Ford perfume!) Although I initially found TOBACCO VANILLE a touch on the feminine side, as the sweet vanilla subsided, ceding to a dominant tobacco drydown, the overall effect seemed quite a bit more masculine to me. More masculine, in fact, than Creed TABAROME and certainly less feminine than Trussardi JEANS--two other tobacco perfumes which I esteem.

The viscous rich caramel texture which I love in the opening of TOBACCO VANILLE makes me wish for more of the same, and since I prefer the opening to the lengthy drydown, I'm probably better off with the TF ORCHID and PATCHOULI perfumes... Like the other TF compositions I've tried, TOBACCO VANILLE has extraordinary longevity, but I do feel that it may be better suited for men.

floof
floof

My mother, my male cousin, my best guy friend and I all find ourselves to be in love with TF Tobacco vanille. I believe it is unisex but i think its a little manly on its own, so i will often layer it with a sweeter vanilla (usually my favorite, tihota- the combination of the 2 is amazing!) I love tom ford, I have the collection of minis from the private collection and a bottle of this, black violet, black orchid, and black orchid fluer. My favorites from him are black orchid, black violet and of course, tobacco vanille!

junior halston

I find this to be strictly a man's fragrance. A rich blend of the finest pipe tobacco and vanilla.

Now when I say man - I mean a well established man in his life and career. I can truly understand Tom's price point for this product it is only mean for those who can afford such luxury in their lives.

Migotka
Migotka

Tobacco Vanille, mon amour!

I was so very curious about this fragrance for a very long time now. I found it much more wearable than Black Orchid, and dont get me wrong, I love Black Orchid, but I can wear it very rarely when I am in a special mood, and not all occasions seem approproate for it.
Tobaco Vanille hit the perfect balance between the smoky tobacco and the sweetness. I have tested a few 'tobacco' perfumes today, a few gave my nose very hard times, a few smelled like mouldy basements, and I started thinking that me and this note are not meant to be friends. But who says you cant have a cake and eat it? Yes you can, with this creation from Tom Ford!
Tobacco here is spicy, yet round, pleasant, but not 'edible sweet'. Kind of made me think of Oxford, wearing Tobacco vanille would be like having a chocolate bar in one of its old libraries. It's funny how on me the tobacco note always comes first, and only later the sweet cocoa-vanille notes take over. Definitely a very interesting one, my only wish is that the price could be a little lower...

maru8862
maru8862

My father is American and lives in the US, so he kindly offered to bring this one over. It is all I thought it would be and more! Creamy, enveloping, refined, alluring, delicios, and above all outstanding. It is the only vanilla fragrance (pure vanilla I mean) that i can wear and love. Incomparable, imo. Evokes a Victorian gentleman's sitting room, with bookshelves, paintings, velvet sofas, fireplace, and cigar smoking away in a silver tray. Bravo Tom Ford!

elusivek
elusivek

After all the raves I thought this one would be outstanding. I was a tad disappointed. There's a couple things that factor into that.

The first being I am having a love affair with Ambre Narguile. If you want a cozy, spicy, slightly gourmand, fresh moist tobacco scent, go for that one.

The second being I nearly had to bathe in this! Talk about close to the skin!!

The scent itself is more subtle than Ambre Narguile. What makes it differ is there is a very slight note in there (not listed) that helps to lighten it up some and make it so you can wear it more often/more occasions than Ambre Narguile.

It's light unflavored raw tobacco with a not too sweet vanilla note to it. I don't pick up the chocolate at all. It's pretty basic.

It's better than a lot of tobacco scents I've tried but it is not outstanding. I'm sticking with my love, Ambre Narguile.

hollycat

Oh gosh, I was reviewing the wrong scent in my last review. I thought I was reviewing for TF Amber Absolute.

Ok, now for this scent. On first application it reminded me of Organza Indecence or Tea for Two by L'artisan. As it wears the spice lingers on and I get a warm, spicy scent with vanilla achoring the spice. It still reminds me of tea for two, but this is stonger and lasts longer.

I was hoping that this fragrance would remind me my dads tobacco pipe he used to smoke when I was a kid. But I dont get the tobacco interpretation. Frankly it smells good but not great or anything I ever need to have.

But if you like oriental spicy scents as I do. This is a good one to explore.

hollycat

Well, Im have the opposite view of Raina. I find this to be mostly a vanillic scent. Not spicy enough, and I honestly dont get any tobacco. I find it smells like a boozy, amber scent with a typical vanilla/amber drydown that isnt new to me. I agree, this is overhyped. Its way too overpriced and overrated.

Raina
Raina

I was so disappointed with this. I ordered up a sample and spritz some on wrist with the highest of expectations. Turns out the hype was just that; hype.

I now fully understand why this is unisex; its a combination of an old man's aftershave, toothpaste, and the very faintest hint of vanilla. Now before you fragrance aficionados scoff and lift your noses at me, I didn't not like it, just that I know its something I will never ever wear.

I can see this working for an older and more mature woman who rides a motorcycle and wears leather like she was born to. I love true vanillas, and the vanilla in this is so wonderful that it makes me so sad that its buried under all that tobacco and spice.

If you're a gourmand fan this probably won't be to your liking as its very sharp and you can only detect the vanilla if you hold the area of application under your nose and focus really hard on sniffing it out. However if you like that spice with the tiniest hint of sexy, then go for it, this is for you. I will not be purchasing.

Contessa01
Contessa01

I have noticed that this one of the most loved Tom Ford private blend scents which is why it pains me to say it was just not for me. Like Tuscan Leather, I got an immediate headache from a whiff of it. It smelt like an old gentlemens club. For men, this may be more appealing or for women who like really strong cigar smelling fragrances. It is just not an appealing smell to me, I prefer tobacco scents such as Hot Couture which have a softer more feminine drydown. I just recommend you sample before you buy a full bottle because this is very masculine.

Well, what can I possibly say to describe this amazing fragrance that hasn't already been said?

To me, Tobacco Vanille is sex in a bottle. This fragrance seems to be edible, however I wouldn't classify it as a gourmand.

I've grown up surrounded by the scent of tobacco, however I am never repulsed by it. The smokiness of the scent seems to be a comforting medium for me. When combined with the rich vanilla in this fragrance, the tobacco really takes on that soothing feel. It feels rather 'homey'.

The scent is very strong at first, very rich and tobacco-y. If you've ever smelt a packet of cigarettes you'll find that they have a slight raisin type smell. This certain smell has been emulated in Tobacco Vanille's opening.

The vanilla is sweet, yet not too sweet. This is certainly something that would smell amazing on both men and women, a true unisex fragrance.

Expensive, yet well worth the money spent. Tobacco Vanille has amazing sillage strength and lasting power. I'm talking in terms of days. Since this is the only fragrance from Tom Ford's line that I've tried, I am very interested in testing them all.

sofiii
sofiii

As its name says, Tobacco Vanille is tobacco leaves and vanila. It is just perfect and somehow addictive.

It starts with sweet vanilla and fresh tobacco leaves. It is quite spicy in a sweet sexy way.
After a while the tobacco gets more dominant and it is really sensual, and it reminds me a lot of Havana Vanille by L'Artisian Parfumeur, but Tobacco Vanille at this stage has a more masculine touch.
The dry down is to die for. It smells like sweet, cosy, nice vanila blended with a pinch of autumn dry leaves.

I adore Havana Vanille, and now I've found that Tobacco Vanille is a more sophiscated grown-up multifaced slightly darker version of it. I'm totally falling for it.
Worth trying!

RRCOOLMAMA2
RRCOOLMAMA2

This so reminds me of my late father-in-law. He used to smoke the pipe and he enjoyed saying the term ''blend and blend all the way'':).Well vanilla & english toasted tabocco all smoked up and there you have Tobacco Vanille by TF.

Comforting in a strange way but not to actually spritz yourself like a pipe lounge.

njdeb
njdeb

This is not what I expected, but it is wonderful. This could be the perfect cold weather fragrance for me. More floral and sweet that I expected, but not in a cloying way at all. Smells fresh, rich, spicy, warm and a little fruity all at the same time. The tobacco is there, but not overwhelming and blended in very well – like sweet vanilla pipe tobacco. The scent is very strong and long lasting. Lovely, but use a light hand in applying.

c3c
c3c

Tobacco Vanille is exactly like walking into a small cozy cigar shop. A bin of vanilla tobacco sits by the door hitting you as you walk in, the aroma blended with the cup of Chai tea the cashier has. I love this smell. It's warm, sweet, and comforting. Truly I could swear there's essence of Chai tea blended in. As mentioned by others the lasting power is incredible. If you have fond memories of friends or fathers smoking pipes, or visits to the cigar shop, this will take you on a blissful trip down memory lane. And you'll love every moment of it.

mal23
mal23

It is not that I dislike this scent, but I just cannot see myself spending the $$$.$$ for it. The Tobacco and the vanilla really compliment each other and mesh very well. However, The scent leaves me wanting more which to me usually means its an average scent. Overall 6/10 for a man.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

This is one perfume that delivers exactly what its name promises - tobacco and vanilla/tonka. At first the tobacco seems dry and crumbly, like old dried leaves that are disintegrating. Then the vanilla comes through and mellows the tobacco, although it never becomes as moist and aromatic a scent as I recall my father's pipe tobacco being. TV is a fairly linear scent, with the tobacco staying in the forefront the entire time. This is a scent that I'd have to really be in the mood for, not one that I'd want to wear every day. I'd be curious to smell it on a hot day, though.

hapa
hapa

This is perfection. I was finding Lolita Lempicka EDP and Hermes Ambre Narguile too heavy for the spring/summer months or what purports to be the spring/summer months in Ireland and have now found the perfect fragrance for this time. It is also perfect the rest of the year.

Tobacco Vanille is not what I would call gourmand. The vanilla seems to round out the tobacco in the most pleasant way. The way the tobacco and vanilla play off each other is complicated but comforting. Imagine finding your non-smoking mother baking but with a cigarette in one hand and a tray of cookies straight from the oven in the other. (Inspired maybe by that photo of Sopia Loren taking the pizza out of the oven.)

The vanilla is clean and almost sharp without the warmth many vanilla fragrances have. The tobacco is pleasurable and not dirty. The two together so blatantly and contradictory yet working together so well just makes you take notice but then step back and enjoy it without overanalysing it.

I have a 4ml bottle of this and am going to buy the full size, which will mean my life will be cheese sandwiches for a month but so worth it!

If you get a chance, please do try this. You might find you are most pleasantly surprised.

Definitely delicious. It almost reminds me of a clove cigarette with the smokey spice notes, but overall it's a delicious vanilla tobacco scent without reminding me of 'grandpa's pipe' sort of scents. Lovely and very wearable for either sex.

jonr951
jonr951

Does anyone know of a scent that smells similar to Tobacco Vanille?! I freakin love it but it's just a little too pricy for me! Please comment if you have any suggestions! Thanks!

curtis.w
curtis.w

True to its name, this scent is all about tobacco and vanilla, or, maybe more accurately, vanilla tobacco. Rather than coming across as two separate notes, the two are blended perfectly into a sweet and spicy, uplifting fragrance. The tobacco isn't that of a lit nor unlit cigarette or even a quality cigar; it's the most comforting of tobacco smells, at least to me: pipe tobacco. It's not harsh or invasive but warm and inviting. People often cough when they walk by cigarette smokers, but, more often than not, people smile and remark on how good it smells when someone nearby is smoking a pipe. It is, however, a dangerous scent. Though the sillage and longevity are great, at $180 for 50ml, this juice is prohibitively expensive. Even for what is obviously high quality stuff, I have a hard time thinking about dropping nearly $200 on 1.7 ounces of anything. Fortunately, the first time I smelled it, the SA was nice enough to make me a 4ml sample (really well done too; a little glass jar with the gold Tom Ford label with the name of the scent), which works out to be about $15 worth. For me, this is the ultimate fall fragrance (maybe it's the similarity between the sweet smell of TV's tobacco and the sweet smell of hay in the sunshine); I just hope I can save up enough to get a bottle by then.

Suzy
Suzy

I found this description: tobacco with notes of tobacco leaf, spice notes, tonka bean, tobacco flower, vanila, cocoa, dry fruit, sweetwood sap –smells like pipe tobacco. This is delicious! Sweet, but not too sweet, mostly vanilla but the other notes come through, too. It really lasts; I could still smell it on my wrist the next morning. My husband liked it very much and said that he'd wear it, too.

Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford 4.32 out of 5 based on 1752 ratings and 344 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.