Designers » T-Z » Woody Floral Musk « Groups

Tom Ford for Men Tom Ford for men
dislike

tobacco
Tom Ford for Men Tom Ford for men Pictures

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for men. The nose behind this fragrance is Yves Cassar. Top notes are ginger, mandarin orange, lemon leaf oil, basil, bergamot and violet leaf; middle notes are tunisian orange blossom, pepper and tobacco leaf; base notes are amber, virginian patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver and cedar.

Ginger Mandarin Orange Lemon Leaf Oil Basil Bergamot Violet Leaf

Tunisian Orange Blossom Pepper Tobacco Leaf

Amber Virginian Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver Cedar

Vera Wang for Men

Tom Ford for Men Fragrance Reviews

Redbeard
Redbeard

The very first minute or so is surprisingly light and citrusy, like it's trying to be orange-centric (Varvatos Artisan?). As this recedes, a quiet reassuring musky leather begins to take shape, and brings with it detatched florals in the style of Rochas Lui. Unfortunately, it also starts to get sweeter and more powdery, with a semi-rotten honey vibe. I assume there's some oud hiding in here, because I also get a medicinal quasi-cherry aspect, even though it doesn't clearly stem from a woody ingredient...maybe fruit? Either way, it contributes to what I would call a Habit Rouge air: heavy, poofy and powdery in a strained and phony way. I would not be comfortable at all wearing this.

Ranger0987

One dark, dark night--it was long ago,
The air was heavy and still and warm with the smell of a Woody Floral Musk fragrance -
It fell to me and a man I know,
To see two girls to their father's farm.

There was little smelling it after that,
that I recall:
We seemed to grope in a cave profound.

The scent was fair, and not long after it faded and we lost our way.

We wandered over the country-side, searching,
And I do not think that we greatly tried,
Having lost our way, to find the fragrance out.

The night being fine, it was not worth it after a while. We strayed through furrow and corn and grass
We met with many a fence and stile,
And a quickset hedge, which we failed to pass.

At last we came on a road near her father's place.
I heard the steps of the other two,
And my heart stood still for a moment's space as the Woody Floral Musk fragrance reappeared. But it was only another brief illusion.

Then I pleaded, `Give me a good-night kiss.'
I have learned, but I did not know in time,
The fragrance that hang like fruit on the tree of bliss Are not for cravens who will not climb.

We parted laughing, with half a sigh,
And home we went, at a quicker rate,
A shorter journey, my friend and I.

When we reached the house, it was late enough,
And many impertinent things were said,
Of time and distance, and such dull stuff,
But we said little of the frag which faded so quickly, and went to bed.

We went to bed, but one at least
Went not to sleep till the black turned grey,
And the sun rose up, and the light increased,
And the birds awoke to a summer day.

And sometimes now, when the nights are mild,
And the moon is away, and no stars shine,
I wander out, and I go half-wild,
To think of the Woody Floral Musk fragrance .

Let great minds laugh at a grief so small,
Let small minds laugh at a fool so great.
Kind maidens, pity me, one and all.
Shy youths, take warning by this my fate.

seachase
seachase

I still think this is Ford's best smelling mens cologne, and I love it with a passion.
Like so many others, I really wish it had better longevity and projection.
As it stands, I have to re-apply around the 3 hour mark, and this gets to be a very expensive self indulgence....but man, this stuff smells wonderful !

hamidrezaa
hamidrezaa

A very VERY sensual frag.My fav frags are those sweet ones and i usually hate the citrus ones.But this isnt the case.I found this a deep and a sexy perfume.The only bad is longetivity.Black orchid lasts for more than 12 hours on my skin but that one lasted 3 to 4 hours max.
Its not unisex at all its for a man who is a seducer.Not for young ages 30+ but im 35 and i really love the seriousness ^_^
Overall score 8/10

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

TFM is a boozy classy scent that is terrific year round. Longevity on me is poor too... 3 -4 hours and that's after heavy spraying. If you can find a good deal on it, buy it since I'm not sure it's worth paying list.

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

Love the freshness of TFFM and it does have an air of sophistication about it.
The problem is the projection and longevity.

Exudes class and debonair with its aroma but just not enough punch for me.

That makes me so sad tom, so sad!!

Manny44
Manny44

The scent is gorgeous. It a smiling, bright tobacco but
the longevity is atrocious. I get one hour projection. Thats a deal-breaker.

riffjim4069
riffjim4069

To me, Tom Ford for Men is an ideal office fragrance when I'm wearing a suit & tie...which is most days when I'm not teleworking. This fragrances is well-blended and, honestly, I find it difficult identifying notes other than to say it comes across as being slightly-sweet, lightly-citrus, mildly-spicy and just a pleasing and non-offensive work scent. There is no splash; there is no dash; and there is no loud notes in this fragrance. It's just good guy perfume, which could make it a rock-star in my opinion.

Longevity and projection are on the low-end of moderate bordering on the high-end of soft on my skin, which is surprising since most fragrances do extremely well on my skin. Okay, projection and longevity suck! I love this scent (it screams-out suit & tie good guy), but unfortunately its weak performance, coupled with my not being able to detect a clear tobacco note, keep this one down to like. I certainly don't regret buying TFFM since I do like it, I will not purchase another bottle due to performance issues. Sometimes the word "Reformulate" is a good thing if it means increasing longevity and projection.

erkek
erkek

Soon became a classic. I think really legend. also best woody perfume.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

This eau de toilette is hard to understand at first; it's soft, doesn't smell too strong, it has little notes of spicy smells and it doesn't smell like any other eau de toilette.If you take time to understand it, you will love it!
A great summer eau de toilette.

garmonbozia
garmonbozia

Tom Ford for Men is a perfect perfume for formal occasions or at least you should make an effort to wear a shirt when you're wearing this scent.
It's earthy, herbal, a bit woody and a bit citrusy but citruses are the background here. You can sense them very clearly (at the beginning) but they aren't dominant. For me ginger, tobacco, pepper and some herbal notes emanate from this perfume.
Although cinnamon isn't listed as an ingredient, there's something a bit cinnamony in this scent.
The scent is clean, elegant and gives comfort.
As it dries down it becomes less fresh and more spicy.
Sillage and longevity could be better.

Kittycat63
Kittycat63

I'm a girl (well, OK, a woman!) and was hovering around the Tom Ford counter at a high-end department store recently, seeing if there was a more likeable female fragrance of his that I could try. The two or three I've tested before I really didn't like at all and thought they were over-priced and over-rated. There was nothing new that appealed to me.

So, I then drifted towards Tom's mens' fragrances out of curiosity and had a sniff of this one. I was a bit afraid it might be really strong and stinky, like some of his female perfumes, but found it very fresh, quite citrussy and appealing. It didn't smell particularly spicy to me at all, which was a good thing because I'm really not into heavy, spicy, pungent scents. So, I spritzed some on my arm and was impressed .... it smelled so nice!

I don't think it's a ground-breaking scent but it is very appealing and sexy, in a clean, subtle, easily-wearable and inoffensive way. I definitely would find this sexy on a man (unless he was totally revolting!!) but also I think this could just as easily, and sexily, be worn by a woman. It smelled great on me! So, I can totally see why 'princess_butter', who's also written a review for it here, fell in love with it and decided she wanted it for herself. I also would consider getting a bottle of it for myself, although the price tag in England is a little hefty but I think this particular fragrance (unlike some other high-end fragrances ... such as CREED!) is worth it.

P.S. Klayface .. your review made me laugh! A fragrance of 3 minutes IS really bad ! ! So, this one doesn't maybe work for you which is a shame because it's so nice!

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I have been interested in this scent for a long time.. The warm weather is coming and I want a fragrance that is fresh but interesting enough to keep my attention and that is what Tom Ford for Men does for me.. I got a little sample from sephora and wore it for the first time.. It was cold out so it was hard to smell through the cold air, but the few whiffs that I did pick up on smelled amazing! This is a modern take on a classic vintage men's EDC.. Citrusy, herbal, tobacco, it just smells great.. Love it! I will experiment more with this guy..

weaselize

wore this several times and have no longevity problems at all. After an 8 hours working shift i can still get some wifts. The sillage isn,t enormous but that,s what i like about these tom fords for men. Same for extreme version. It,s perfect i would say and you better accept it for what it is. Every time i want something light and smooth i grab these ones AND it DOES get noticed even if you dont,t know. You want some heavy longevity,s and sillage bombs? THen go to the private line and don,t mock these one,s because these ones are made for people like us who like them perfect

Klayface
Klayface

Beautiful scent , makes me feel like A rich man . But 20 mins later it's back to reality .

I sprayed it 6 times, by the time I got my door , my wife next to me couldn't smell it . ThAt like a life span of 3 mins!

Jassar
Jassar

Great scent. This just makes you feel rich.

It is very smooth with no sharp notes and has a true top, mid and base.

Much better than the extreme version. The extreme version smells like you picked up some dirt and tobacco leaves and a some firewood and lit it on fire then rubbed it all on your skin.

This is fruity and citrusy at the top. The mid is a smooth unburned pipe tobacco scent. The base is like a high end cognac without smelling like you spilled a drink on yourself.

I would say 30 or older on this one. The longevity and sillage are slightly above average on me. I got about 6 hours.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

That's a defenite no go for me! It is WEAK! Why is it so WEAK? The notes seems complex enough...! It is so close to the skin that even if you stick your nose to your wrist you'll barely detect it! The longevity is not that bad though!

The smell is nothing to be proud of either... It's just ok and the price is waaaay too expensive for something like this! Adidas perfumes projects more!

Sorry for sounding too negative but i am starting to have the feeling that Tom Ford is so overrated! I did not try all of his men's perfumes so I can't really conclude but Tom Ford for men, and Tom Ford Extreme for men were not a good experience, and Grey vetiver was also so subtle and not for me (I don't like too much vetiver).
He does however make very good female perfumes and some of them can be worn by a man like Black orchid!

Lunchbox148
Lunchbox148

10/10 for scent but it lacks in performance otherwise I would buy it in a heartbeat, and it would be a staple in my collection.

guillermostf
guillermostf

Very expensive for a very low projection, sadly not long lasting. Tom Ford: this one isn't good enough, could be sale in super market as a gift with a coke or crackers.

Nice...Classy...I wish it lasted longer than 45 min. rate: 7/10

woodlandwalk
woodlandwalk

My female cousin wears this and it smells great on her! She's very feminine so the association isn't male I suppose, it just smells refreshing with a nice complex bouquet

DonPatrizio
DonPatrizio

The scent is very, very good. Definitely masculine. I love this scent. The downsides are very poor longevity and sillage. After 2 hours it is nearly gone from my skin. I wish it lasted longer because the scent is amazing.

Laurdess
Laurdess

To the man that wears Tom Ford... high 5 yourself for having a great job and you can afford it and also... THANK you from all women who appreciate a man that doesn't smell like AX body spray.

Petrichor
Petrichor

Some reviews crack me up. People compare Tom Ford For Men, which can be bought online for around $60, to Tom Ford private line fragrances that cost hundreds, and they say this one isn't as good. What?! This is less than 1/4 the price for 100ml, and for the money, it is excellent.

TFFM is so very underrated. On my skin, it lasts around 8 hours, sometimes longer. It is modern and masculine, but with a classic twist. I wouldn't recommend it for teens, but it doesn't smell old. It's mature but quite modern, and I've gotten some enthusiastic compliments while wearing it.

Thumbs way up.

srt33
srt33

have never given any of his regular(?) line a full wearing, but i have samples of a few from Sephora. I remember thinking this was pretty good when I tried it a while back, still relatively new to this stuff. can some it up in one word, meh. smells like a typical mens fragrance, some citrus, woods, tobacco. the price is lower than the private blends, but still high for a designer. should be better than it is given all his other quality fragrances

mofojo74
mofojo74

utter junk,really pointless..if tom ford wasnt on the bottle and the flacon wasnt so beautiful,then this diluted piss would be in the bargain bins of discount stores,is this really the same guy who gave me tabacco vanille and m7???? smells like brown sugar and water...crap.

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

This is a linear, warm, elegant fragrance. Very different from the overpowering Black Orchid and from the interesting but, in my opinion, too fancy fragrances from his private line. The private line fragrances are fun but I would tire of them quickly. The sales clerk at Lhr yesterday told me to try this and promised I would warm to it. I did. I found it quite classic and citrus-sy at first, but turned into a beautiful fragrance. Smells like my kind of man. Someone who doesn't spend more time than me in the bathroom getting ready to go out (see private line), someone classy, fresh, reliable and oh so yummy..
Try it, people

roll4fun
roll4fun

For the first hour, I got lemon/citrus/ginger notes with a pleasnatly smooth quality. After that, tobacco notes were the star of the show. I'd rate projection as moderately soft, managed to get 3.5 hrs. longevity on my skin, after 2hrs. projection was 6" or less.

This Tom Ford frag beyond the 1 hour point seemed very much like a Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme lite. Not bad for people wanting a low key scent, but not enough to push into the "buy" column for me.

I remember trying this what seems like an age ago and thinking it was okay but nothing to write home about. Upon revisiting...and letting it drydown...I LOVE IT!
The sweet fruitiness of the mandarin orange in the top is perfectly accented by the fresh spices running through it, with all the notes chiming in harmony to create something that is to me quite unique and above all masculine.
All I hear in Tom Ford reviews is people moaning about the price, it's an expensive brand if you like the scent enough you'll pay for it, if you don't ? You won't ...it's as simple as that to me. Another thing people expect is that high Price is some guarantee of great sillage and longevity which it isn't. I'd have to say that all the Tom Fords I've tried have been short lived.
If I thought any of the range had mass appeal it would be this one and the extreme both are great masculine scents and come highly recommended by me.

Update: Still love this!!!! To me it's an absolute classic, I'm a little more sympathetic towards people complaining of poor longevity and projection...it's very subtle indeed. I think that might just be my nose though because I got a compliment from my mum on this one the other day and she NEVER comments positively on what I wearing. It's usually 'that's awful' or 'that's too strong' so the fact she liked this was praise indeed and I wasn't even that close to her so it must project with more gentlemanly descresion than I'd realised.

cyber.raga
cyber.raga

Not special and it has poor sillage. There are better Tom Ford scents out there.

weaselize

I do not understand why some people want giant sillage. Is that the essence of perfume??

sakallibebek
sakallibebek

disappointment for men from tom ford !

I'll confess that I decided to buy this after the sensual ads.They got me at all ! Beforehand I did a good research, found a couple of good scents (like The One etc.) and reviews for this always came to a point > 'not so original'

this is exactly what I felt. more expensive than the other scents, not available everywhere and nothing original. even the appearance was not that original, I convinced myself 'because this is a classic'. yes they totally had me that time.

both over and under used, got no single compliment, none asked this scent. when I asked for opinions all said it's just OK.

not worth of this price at all.

milkyway
milkyway

This is such a wonderfully composed fragrance!
It's warm and soft without taking too much from it's masculine appeal. It stays close to the skin and whenever I get a whiff of it I think of dry and warm desert sand. It's "dry" ingredients- tobacco, amber and pepper are very well blended with creamier woods, and the sharp citrus goes in a few minutes giving way to a dry woody and herbal blend with sweet undertones.
It's alluring and inviting without being too brash, loud or sharp- quite and confident. I enjoy it greatly and for some reason it makes me want to go traveling somewhere with a sandy desert..

hadrian
hadrian

It is not, for sure, the strongest perfume that you know & have, man.
But it's beautiful. It is that kind of aroma that you'll love on your skin. And no one, nowhere, nobody will find a woman capable to disconsider this - on a male surface.
If stronger, it will (may)be a masterpiece. But, as it is, it's still a must have for the summer of your dreams. All you have to do is to dive - deeply - in a mandarin & tobacco feeling.
A perfect signature-scent for a man who knows that only the personality enhances and valorizes an odour, not viceversa!
I'll give a 9/10. Smells so good!

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

Tom Ford is a genius. This is how really cool men in the 60's & 70's smelt like. A combination of rugged and class. Think of being sun tanned, 3 day regrowth, stone wash jeans, crisp white shirt, elegant blazer, slip-ons, rolex watch and Tom Ford for Men sprayed on laviously. A man just walked in everybody take note.

larrybuf
larrybuf

This is a classy close to skin scent. Beautiful opening notes and dry down. I don't care for the heart notes on my skin...a little harsh and metallic. All in all an OK scent but I would not buy this for my collection. It's just not unique.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Hey,

5 hours longevity

2 hours sillage

Mediocre for this brand.

Still, really nice classic for a scent.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Tom Ford is a woody floral musk and has something'' old school'' like a classic tone, more sober.
Feel in their opening with an lemon-ginger combo, this phase soon joins the violet, giving a fresh and floral kinda known.
The body appear simultaneously pepper and tobacco clearly, this phase lasts longer, and meets the fund nuances of amber and patchouli, I confess I expected more coming from Tom Ford. Good but not worth.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A very unimpressive fragrance. It smells generically spicy, and, as others have reported, is timid and doesn't last long. I sprayed it on about an hour ago and it's nearly gone.

No sillage to speak of, so if you're at the office and want to cringe in your cubicle unnoticed, why, this is just the sauce!

I was under the impression that naming a scent "(Name of House or Designer) For Men" (or "...Pour Homme") was a sort of a flagship scent; that this is where a house or perfumer put the best foot forward and made a definitive statement about what a man should smell like. So... what went wrong here? Withdraw this and start over, Mr. Ford.

But re-use the bottle! I like the vertical ridges; it has a nice feel.

---

You might know, however... a woman at work emphatically likes this stuff on me and thinks it's great. Sheesh. I will never understand fragrances.

merezvan
merezvan

خرید این ادکلان با این قیمت هر چی که باشه حرام اندر حرام

RickS1169
RickS1169

This along with grey vetiver will be a staple in the spring and summer for me. Could easily be my signature. Longevity is average and projection is below average though. Just a tiny bit more power and it wouldn't be a contest.

GS_K
GS_K

Classy and refined. Good for daytime wear and as signature.
Sillage is poor, a skin scent, longevity is good
Scent 8/10
Sillage 1/10
Longevity 7/10

twlahue
twlahue

It smells great, but it is a very timid fragrance. Reminds me of a very weak Pure Malt...

I think it would be comparable to Hollister Socal in terms of performance, longevity etc...
Both are light, sweet, inviting fragrances, only one is much less expensive.

Force
Force

Classic, very good for day time work

Scoshi
Scoshi

I bought this blind, and was disappointed with it.
Although it doesn't smell bad I find it to be just mediocre and generic, especially for the price.
Longevity is poor, and silage is soft which I don't mind, but longevity is very poor.

Kingpharroh
Kingpharroh

Starts out with a citrus blast then turns smoky sweet in the dry down, which is the best part of this fragrance. The musk combined with the tobacco is divine. The only bad thing is that it comes much too soon. The longevity is very poor, lasting about 3-4 hours. If you have a bottle that's been temperature abused or been sitting under the hots lights of Sephora it will last even less,1.5 hours. Final thoughts. good but not great by any means.

mrs2241
mrs2241

آخه چطور این میتونه نسخه ساده اکستریم باشه؟!!!تفاوت اندازه زمین تا زیر زمینه!!!

requiemforasmell
requiemforasmell

Beautiful fragrance. Try it, at least. It does not smell generic at all!!

zellpang
zellpang

First impression, spicy peppery fresh citrus note gave a good kick. The ambery slightly sweet balmy character adds some sensuality to the fragrance (reminds me of prada amber pour homme). My favourite part of the fragrance is the smokey tobacco woody nuance I get when I smell it closely.

Overall, it is a "safe" fragrance for any guy who would like to smell good and sexy. I wouldn't call it particularly the signature fragrance

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Its not unisex at all its for a man who is a seducer.Not for young ages 30+ but im 24 and i really like the seriousness ^^
Overall score 7/10

vergil_s
vergil_s

با اون همه تبلیغ های س.ک.سی من انتظار یه عطر دیگه ای رو داشتم!
اصلا بوش مثل تبلیغاتش نبود!
نت ابتدایی رو خیلی دوست ندارم اما وقتی میمونه خیلی بهتر میشه.
بوی لیمو و زنجبیل ترکیب خوبی داره با تنباکو.
با این همه پول تو ایران میشه یع عطر بهتر گرفت.

burgundyaltima
burgundyaltima

Reminds me a little bit of Prada Amber pour homme..nice scent for the mature ...spicy and kind of soapy...smells a little unisex too..

gusimg
gusimg

great fragrance with a good mix of fresh spices and citrus. if you like to feel fresh and confident this is for you. Not like other cheap fresh citrus&spice fragrance.but not lasting long, one and a half hour maximum,
if you are planing to carry a bottle with you all day it is good for any time any occasion. but as i said not long lasting.

GugaGaidzak
GugaGaidzak

Tom is the man, who knows how to be a man, who knows how to please a man!!!

He knows how to manipulate the senses......he knows how to manipulate us!!!

He is very sexual in a very discrete way, and mostly he tends to go for sexual scents.

This one, is the power scent; how money is supposed to smell like.

There is nothing new to our noses here, but it brings back the vintage way of life, the scent that got lost along the way.

Akhan
Akhan

This fragrance is brilliant. It is an elegant symphony of ginger and citrus with subtle amber and vetiver giving it slight warmth that is both comforting and confidence boosting. I dont think this was intended as a screeching loud power house as is crticised by many reviewers here. On the contrary i think it perfectly fits the intent Ford had whike crafting this exquisite scent. It works very well on my skin and evolves to compliment my personality rather than making me reek of its notes. Which is great because i dont want all of my fragrances to be overpowering - fact is, i like my frgrance to stay close to me and be detected up close only. Granted this varies with mood but this one serves just fine when you want to be subtle and yet impress those that come close :-)
That said i must report the longevity to be pretty much close to 12 hours on my skin. Sadly once again i discovered this gorgeous juice way tooo late and that too because of the negative reviews here. One must try it might work for the individual. I must also share that for me this works better than the extreme version for reasons noted above and also the fact tht in my opinion this just smells a lot different from the extreme version. seriously, try it out with an open mind and decide for yourself, u might be as pleasantly surprised as i was and take to making this a regular on your shelf :-) :-)

Dougczar
Dougczar

The more I wear this, the more I love it. It is extremely versatile. It can be worn day or night, formal or casual, summer or winter.

Tobacco without the obligatory honey - a nice change from the vast majority of modern tobacco-based fragrances. I really enjoy the lemon in that role here. Very distinctive. Bright and fresh yet complex and rich enough to be classy as well. Perfectly executed.

My only complaint with this would be the longevity. Not the worst in my collection, but a few additional hours would be nice.

GMK
GMK

The name of Tom Ford brings me in mind the most beloved Scent of mine which is Gucci Pour Homme... keeping in view the GPH i decided to try Tom Ford Men.. but still trying to fetch the Tom out of it ... nothing more than a cheaper MUST DE CARTIER..IMHO.

vdxl
vdxl

It is a solid fragrance, but, when compared side by side to the shared Black Orchid (which smells amazing in both summer and winter)- on men and women-it is pale and unnecessary. Tom Ford should push the edge on his masculine releases. Also, his Grey Vetyver is a more tame and more expensive Guerlain Vetiver.

Not a nice move...

Alive
Alive

Nice and classic musk and tobacco mix, how a gentleman should smell. Projection is ok, not too strong longevity, but the scent is nice, warm but still fresh. I expected it to be more "powerful". This is one of those scents that can become your signature fragrance, think Terre d'Hermès. If you can, go buy Tom Ford for Men Extreme, it is much more stronger and more concentrated.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

Even without high expectations this is unremarkable. I can find this scent in a thousand other bottles. It's classy and slightly spicy with incense and a touch woody with a subtle leather background note. It could be DG The One for Men without the smoothness and a touch less tobacco. Orange up top, incense, patchouli, tobacco, wood. Save your $$. Lasts about 3 hours on my skin - maybe 4 hours, tops.

cyber861
cyber861

با آقا بهزاد موافقم.در عینه کلاسیک بودن مدرن هم هست.دوستش دارم.کاره قوی ای هست.کلا تام فورد کارش درسته

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

It appears Tom Ford for Men is another victim of high expectations. Mr. Ford's advertising division is partially to blame, since the scent's bottle obscures the main attraction of a nude female model's widespread legs and leaves little, other than liquid nirvana, to a man's imagination. In this case, the fragrance falls short. But even if I like the ads better than the scent, it's still very attractive. Its opening of lemon oil and ginger is quite well rendered, with realistic notes singing clearly past a dryer tobacco, pepper, and patchouli heart. In 30 minutes everything settles against a fresh and woody violet leaf base. Unexciting, unoriginal, and formal, but the right gift for a guy who already has it all.

behzad1280
behzad1280

Mello warm, Classic modern! Not so heavy, not so weak.
A gentleman would wear it gently! It’s nice, mannish, kind, and definitely high class.
Just remember: “The first fragrance for men from Tom Ford”, it is descriptive enough!
Longevity is good, projection is average.

یک عطر مردونه که در عین مدرن بودن، کاملاً هم کلاسیکه. نه خیلی گرم و نه خیلی تند. همه چیز در این عطر به اندازه است. انتظار عطر شلوغی رو نداشته باشید، این عطر برازنده یک جنتلمن با لباس رسمی و رفتار موقر و ساده است.
دوام خوبی داره اما پخش بو در حد متوسط

armchair sailor
armchair sailor

It smells like "the sunday perfume for the average guy". Not daring, not original, not interesting.

anton007
anton007

Nice and sophisticated scent for 30+ men. A good scent to wear for the office or business occasions.

natefifield
natefifield

Strong, dark, rich, oozing masculinity, the intoxication of power. If there is sexual appeal, it is the sexual appeal of dominance. It's a grounded scent, pepper, tobacco, a slight sting of ginger.

Thank you Tom Ford, for not adding too much citrus, which makes so many other colognes so insufferably clean. This is just dirty enough.

This should be worn by someone very strong, dark, preferably Latin, who likes to call the shots, who would rather be feared than loved. A man audacious enough to get his cologne from a phallus inspired bottle.

jcastano
jcastano

Tom Ford is considered a legend in the art of perfumery and like many others have stated, this fragrance was a huge let down. This is partly from the fact that Tom Ford understands and embodies the concept of a true gentleman. M7, Gucci Envy, Rive Gauche, and even his private line all have an untamed beauty and a unique quality that truly captures the modern man with class.

For me, Tom Ford for men wasn't all that bad but it wasn't all that great either, not even a hair close. I purchased it blindly because I read a male magazine article that ranked Tom Ford for Men number one in a "Best Fragrances for Men" list and even went into detail with how the fragrance develops, it's appeal and aspects, etc etc..in order to justify its number 1 spot. So, I bought it and was super excited and when I received it, it was just another one of "those" scents. It had this very outdated feel to it but without being too old school. When I smelled it, I thought, "Man, where have I smelled this before?". I was completely disappointed but maybe my standards were too high, so, I lowered them and sniffed it for what it was and not for what it was supposed to be and the results were a bit more positive.

It opens up with a ginger, citrus accord and slowly develops into a woody amber scent. Disregard all other notes because this is all I get. The amber is somewhat creamy and the citrus remains for the scent life of the fragrance but does so in a softly manner over the light woods. The scent itself is pleasant but extremely mainstream and boring, not to mention a bit linear. Then poof, before you know it, it's gone.

I figured that maybe Tom Ford wanted a fragrance for the everyday suit and tie kind of guy that works in an office, usually attends black tie events, but has an overall laid back outlook on life. He knows he's successful but doesn't allow it to get to his head. He works hard but can also play hard. When all that is taken into regard, suddenly this fragrance makes sense. Aside from the below average longevity and sillage, this fragrance is actually not that bad. It can be worn all seasons, day or night, by anyone with a formal to semi-formal lifestyle, although it seems it's work better for an older gentleman.

renperd
renperd

Cold, a bit harsh, long lasting, quite stylish. Not a comfort scent. Nothing sweet about it. I seldom reach for it, except when the temp. inches towards 35 degrees.

princess_buttercup
princess_buttercup

This is my very first fragrance review. I'm a novice and it will probably show. I just needed to express my love for this fragrance. I know many find ot underwhelming, but I adore it.
I hadn't worn perfume, or been able to for at least 10 years. Most give me vicious headaches. I decided I wanted to try to find one. Finding most women's fragrances to be too sweet, or too floral and cloying, I started testing men's fragrances. I almost had given up. Most men's were too heavy also, or too masculine, and many, surprisingly, were much too powdery. On a whim I picked this one up and sprayed on a strip and walked out of the store. 10 minutes later I was back to ask for a sample. I had fallen in love.
Thisis perfect for me. Citrusy and peppery and fresh, but soft and mellow as well. it smells great on me. It's not overwhelming. I feel it's subtle. Others may not even notice it unless they get close. That's what I was looking for. I'm thrilled with it.
This is perfect. Months of searching and my perfect fragrance is one with "for men" in the title. Go figure. :)

MarryTheNight
MarryTheNight

Tom Ford for men isn't the best mens fragrance on the market but its not the worst either. It costs around $150 for a 50ml bottle here in Australia and I think its well worth the money for the beautiful bottle and the above-average scent. I think if i worked in an office I would wear Tom Ford for Men. I detect the Lemony kind of Citrus and spicy scent in the opening of the fragrance and the Ginger is quite prominent which gives the scent a bit of zing although it doesn't help keep the fragrance from smelling medicinal and overly chemical to my nose. After 30 minutes all i can smell is Patchouli but unlike the intense and dramatic Patchouli i was expecting, this Patchouli is weak. The lasting power is ridiculously short, lasted around an hour on me.

Tom Ford used to be amazing and brilliant, but what happened lately? It looks like after reaching his higher peak in years 1999-2003 he's now trying to manitain that level showing no interest about the creativity and genius that made him so big. It looks like a pop band that after releasing a bunch of number one hit singles is no more able to satisfy people's expectations. They hire the best producers on the market, they record in fancy studios but at the end they come up with a cover song.

Said that, Tom Ford for Man smells good. An oriental woody fragrance of acceptable quality, with a nice pyramid note and a few intereresting aspects. The problem is that you can even enjoy it while you're wearing it, but ten mitues after you have showered you totally forgot what it smelled like. Nice but a bit too generic and nondescript. I expected more.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

Leumus
Leumus

Discordo de alguns post sobre Ford. Tom Ford For Men é interessante e faz levantar alguns comentários, quando mulheres o sentem. Não é um perfume de balada.
Realmente é um perfume mais formal. Se combina com jeans e t-shirt? Claro! Desde que tenha um blazer, ou até mesmo uma jaqueta bomber com gravata slim.
Também ser usando em dias mais quentes, ou com aquele friozinho leve e gostoso. Não tem tanto cheiro de maturidade. Poder ser usado por alguém com mais de 25 anos sem dúvida. Se ele , o cheiro, fica mais tempo no corpo? A fixação é mediana, umas 4h. Por ele não ser forte, vale a pena dar uma abusada e garanto que vai sentir o cheiro o dia inteiro. Tom Ford For Men é um perfume tanto para o dia quanto para a noite. E sim, ele é sexy, chic e não chama tanta atenção. Diria que ele tem classe. É discreto. Tem cheiro de homem. Não é um perfume pra deixar rastro. É um perfume para ser sentido de perto. Tato e intimidade.

Minimephisto
Minimephisto

Formal. Gingery. Fresh.

That's it. Don't expect more from it. You will be disappointed if you are looking for a masterpiece in this Tom Ford for Men.

vangogh3
vangogh3

I finally tried this EDT and found it to be quite a let down. Nothing special here. Just another short lived fragance that has little to offer in the way of appeal and longevity. Very disappointing.

Sissi
Sissi

When i think about Tom Ford three letters S.E.X
spanked across the bottle, Mr Ford known for Kinky
and Luschious Ads brings shock and bad taste T.F
channels Larry Flynt the king of smut and pubisher
of Adult Entertainment Hustler to the bone and leaves
no puches. Tom Ford for Men gives an air of elite
and arrogant tenure only a select few can share
Exculsive and V.I.P it may be shallow but one's
gulity pleasure starts creeping in and want to
know about the rich and the elitist, The opening
which i was a bit disappointed and expected to be
more deeper and more Resinous with incense woods
leather and Myrrah, Instend it was more aromatic
and in a fougere class because of it's sharp citric opening but still it was nice, then dries sort of boozy like a tinge of vodka swiming around the Lemon almost like a cocktail drink.

Violet leaf opens the middle drydown and bring a sweet and crisp wet texture to the fragrance underpinning of pepper lays below the violet and
counteracts well and basil adding to the spiciness to the middle base,The sweet and smoky Tobacco closes the Heart, The Finishing is suble and not as loud like the top opening and middle Grounded Patchouli gives a Earthy feel to the scent dry vetiver which i can dectect nomally i can't dectect vetiver in T.F it's visible warm amber is a bit diluted but noticible and Ceder finishes it.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

Why Tom,why??? This is rubbish. After the genius masculine scents the that you were behind, like M7 and Gucci pour homme, this was your moment to be king...your own scent. What do we get? pure 'blah'. I brought this blind thinking that whatever he did would be fantastic but heartbreakingly i was totally wrong. This smells like an Avon scent that i would pass on for £5.

Luca Turin called this something like "a straight up rehash of Baldessarini." Once it gets to the drydown, it smells like Baldessarini with that modern "pencil shavings" wood note added. For me, this makes it smell too generic. On the other hand, without it, it would be a total "rip off" of another fragrance. It smells natural enough, but I prefer Baldessarini by far, and that one is less expensive. If you like that kind of wood note, though, you might prefer this one. Longevity is great and projection/"sillage" is at least very good. If you want a solid "middle of the road" fragrance that is "masculine" yet "modern" and you don't care about the price, this may be for you. If you are an aficionado, though, I don't see how this one would appeal to you.

lfmars98
lfmars98

This smells very generic and boring. The extreme version and grey vetiver stand out alot better than this.

guest_snoopy
guest_snoopy

unmistakingly masculine scent.I get citrus{thankfully not sharp}cedar and tobacco. good longevity,I like this one much more than extreme.

The whole raunchy campaign that surrounds this fragrance's release, had me somewhat excited to see what made this fragrance so sexual. Tom Ford for Men is sexy, at least in my opinion, however not to the extent that its advertisement suggests. I won't be posing naked with a bottle of this anytime soon, that's for sure.

The scent is an interesting concoction of smooth woods, spicy sweetness and rich, earthy tobacco and patchouli. Surprisingly, Tom Ford for Men is rather soft on the skin, I expected a much louder fragrance.

Not nearly as citrusy in the opening as one would expect, Tom Ford for Men, is smooth and classy. I am somewhat addicted to smelling this fragrance every few seconds, even though it's not what I'd call particularly outstanding or unique.

There's definitely something very appealing about this fragrance, and there's no way I'd be offended by any man wearing this. In fact I'd be elated if they did.

Tom Ford for Men has a somewhat oily quality that makes me feel as if this fragrance is more concentrated than it is. Every now and then the scent becomes dark and musky, however the honey-like sweetness tends to brighten this fragrance, bringing it up out of its dullness.

While the sillage is fairly intimate, I do rave about the lasting power which is amazing, lasting well into the next day. In some ways, Tom Ford for Men reminds me of BLV pour Homme, especially with the presence of the ginger note. I must say that if you love BLV for Summer, you'd most likely love this fragrance for Winter.

mal23
mal23

This is a mature office scent. Recommended for 25 and up. Reminds me of an old school musky type scent. Done very well though. Not a very exciting fragrance, very safe unoffensive scent. Overall a 7/10.

autumn89
autumn89

This is a beautifully made subtle casual scent. It oozes quality.

Sure, its not the most exciting fragrance in the world, and maybe i would have expected something a little weirder from Ford after his debut female scent Black Orchid (look to Extreme if you want a more masculine [but comically overpriced] Black Orchid) but this is still satisfying.

As always from this designer, beautiful bottle.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

Well, I really thought I would fall for TF for Men but after living with my sample my initial impression is that of a nice lightweight scent that never quite takes off. Under delivers.

The opening notes are a pleasant but subdued citrus accord. The heart has a faint pepper note that is really hard to detect. With the base notes, the vetiver is the only one to is willing to come out and play. Light weight wood over all.

So neither dirty (?), spicy (??), sexy (???) or classic (????), this frag is a really a safe bet for those timid to venture forth to express themselves with any individuality.

That being said, TF for Men works well for places/ events where subtlety is required (the office, health club, family gatherings). This is not an impress the date scent.

The bottle shape leans masculine in a classic sort of way. Well done. The form is used for a few others in the line.

Sillage is ok, but, staying power...what staying power!

Overall, I enjoy it but life is to short to spend the kind of $$$ with all the wonderful fragrances to be worn.

Nothing original but so well made. Its lovely and has charm. Warm yet fresh. Great for occasions when you just want a subtle hint of perfume.

Starts off with citrus and pepper with a hint of spiciness (from the ginger i imagine, but i cant particularly detect ginger, just a slight tang). Calms to a woody/tobacco/amber and musk. There's a slightly dirty aspect to the dry down (cypriol?) It's only subtle but it's there.

Lasts really well on me but its subtle, especially in the drydown. Beautifully made and classy. Expensive but as i say... classy.

rithacha
rithacha

I was expecting something much more special than the medley of blah that is Tom Ford for Men. No, there's nothing wrong with it, it smells perfectly pleasant . . . but isn't this the same thing as Azzaro Pour Homme? Or was it Kenneth Cole RSVP? Or was it Euphoria for Men? Where WAS it that I smelled this exact same thing before?

The opening is sweet lemony lavendar, segueing into the same creamy green spices, segueing into the same warm woody base, that I have smelled possibly on every man since cologne was invented. Nothing wrong here, but goodness what a bore.

I'd recommend it for men who really don't know what they want, since it's appeal is pretty much ubiquitous. But for intense guys with real personality, please don't spend $80 just to smell like everyone else.

JMangine
JMangine

Nothing special here. Very surprised that Ford didn't do something unique. This scent is a dime a dozen, and the worst part is it's staying power is extremely short.

Lunohodik
Lunohodik

I'm not a Tom Ford perfumes lover, but today after I tested this one (for 3rd tome I think) as I waited for my mom in the shop. I finally fell in love...
Its an ultimate men perfume at least for me now.
peppery-tobacco-fresh-musky-sexy-daring thing!
I think that its a perfect scent, and I want my boyfriend to smell like this! I must confess-I'm really selfish, and I'm not into making presents for him and so on, I prefer when he spends, but I couldn't help myself-bought a big bottle for him! ADOOOORE the Tom Ford for Men!
Girls, if you hesitate which perfume to choose for your man-choose Tom Ford!

svillatoro
svillatoro

Probably one of the best in its category "woody floral musk" but you can get a much better Cartier or Hermes option with that money...

Not as cute as Tom Ford I would say...

crystal lady
crystal lady

This is a great scent on any man. My husband tried it a few times before buying and is now a complete convert.
I like the fact that its warm and yet still fresh and sexy. It has all the ingredients for a sexy and lasting scent on a man. One which will become many mens signature scent, I feel.

Frank20190
Frank20190

Despite it's spicy reputation I can wear this scent anywhere - with moderation of course. Not too strong!

PuddleMonkey
PuddleMonkey

I have 40+ colognes and this is definitely top 5 material for me.

slipcat
slipcat

I think this is an excellent cologne for the office or even for a date. It is manly without being at all overpowering (assuming you don't take a shower in it). It has very good longevity (at least 5 hours on me). It is a nice mix between sweet and musky without being too much either way. It makes me think the wearer is confident without being over-bearing, yet also carefree. This man is at ease with himself and does not have to put up airs to impress others, yet still gets noticed. This would be for men mid/late twenties and up. Likely, this cologne will not WOW the ladies, but it won't drive them away either. It's a good cologne. Easy to wear.

mariotgomez
mariotgomez

The other day at the gym, I was giving a friend some different samples of fragrances. This was one of them. My friend asked me what I thought about it. I told him it was okay, it reminded me of something I already have in my collection. The fragrance it reminded me was, Creed: Acier Aluminium.

I have only tried Tom Ford for Men only once. To be able to give this fragrance a true review, I will give it the three test I give all fragrance before making my final conclusion of the scent.

Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford 3.92 out of 5 based on 485 ratings and 93 user reviews

Tom Ford by Tom Ford for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 1.7 oz
Tom Ford for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4 oz
Sephora.com, Inc.
TOM FORD FOR MEN 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray
TOM FORD FOR MEN 3.4 oz Eau de Toilette Spray

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Tom Ford for Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Tom Ford for Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tom Ford for Men by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.