Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

Tom Ford for Men Extreme Tom Ford for men
dislike

savory
Tom Ford for Men Extreme Tom Ford for men Pictures

This is a 2007 limited edition fragrance. According to Tom Ford, this edition is more intensive and powerful than the original one. It is available in Tom Ford boutiques and exclusive stores.

Lemon Fig tuber Patchouli Cedar

Gucci pour Homme

Tom Ford for Men Extreme Fragrance Reviews

maha.alsuwaiidy
maha.alsuwaiidy

Even though I'm a woman, I tried this cause I love Tom Ford fragrance and makeup. All I can describe this brand with is the word "luxurious". My signature perfume is Black Orchid, and I'm absolutely in love with it!!! I was spraying perfumes and playing around in Sephora looking for a sexy sent, and I saw this babe in a beautiful brown-gold bottle, I thought why not give it a try. Didn't know it's for men right then, but I was in love. Very intense and extreme indeed. I can imagine what kind of men were this. A very classy man wearing an expensive roberto cavalli suit, with a burgundy tie and fancy shoes, holding his cigar while reading a newspaper. It's not for a teenager or a very young man, for sure. Too mature, too heavy, too sexy for a casual look too. No freshness in there, and not citrus in any way. It's not a "sporty" smell. That's why I find it so unique. It has a distinctive smell that makes it stand out. If your man is into woody, leathery scents you might wanna get him that. I'm sure it's gonna appreciated by a gentle man. Away from the topic, I wanna get that one to myself. Would that be weird? Hmmmm... I'd prefer to smell it on my man :) It's too harsh for women I guess, because of the tobacco. But I still consider getting it.

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

I got a sample of this from Sephora and it is a very pleasant scent. However, it's simply too expensive for just 50ml of edt concentration.

Perfuminista
Perfuminista

This is one of my favorites among TF fragrances. should have been part of the private collection.. very masculine.

hamidrezaa
hamidrezaa

Imagine walking into a library in an old mansion. The rich leather, mahagony wood, old books, massive fire burning, some tobacco floating n the air, truffles on a table....you get the point....that is what this smells like. This smells like old money, or ivy league prep...rich, distinctive, and humorless. However, i love it and it last forever. It is one of only a few scent that i have ever smelled that gives me that "i can take on the world" feeling. Perfect for what it tries to capture.

deruitem
deruitem

Love the scent a lot. If it projected more I would consider a full bottle. At the price it is just not worth the money.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Spicy dark and earthy with a touch of fruits. 2 many notes to name but in the drydown I get tons of plum-veviter-patch and cedar. The scent should project more but it's in the same category as most Frapin's as far as that issue. Speaking of Frapin, this seems like one of their projects. Frapin 1432 perhaps? I agree that the smell is great but not full bottle worthy because of this issue.

toto453
toto453

A pure good scent of fig stepped during years in an alcool tank !! One of the most complexe and worked fragrance I have, eventhough I prefer fresh scent, this one is a must to have !!!

erkek
erkek

Very intense and this can disturb. I dont like unfortunately...

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

Burgundy leather, Cuban cigars, savoury fruity plummy notes, rich patchouly and booze (port, sherry, Scotch and cognac). These are heavy and potent notes, so in this sense the opening scent profile is "extreme", the performance however is not, but for me this is fine because the scent mixes very well with my chemistry/body heat. So once it goes into "skin scent" territory, which is fairly quickly, it stays with me for 10 hours+ at this level. Anybody within my personal space will feel it and subconsciously they might believe they are smelling my natural scent, it is that subtle. I get regular whiffs of it on myself, throughout the day and it changes and becomes more musky as it infuses with my skin. I enjoy the scent with this softness and wouldn't want it any stronger. A luxurious, subtle, sensual and rich aroma; classy scent in an exquisite bottle.

JohnB2014
JohnB2014

This eau de toilette will last very long.
It is for a real man, bearded lumberjack with style!

Aceman
Aceman

Perfume is awesome .....but the longevity sucks....with the expensive tag on this juice....have to consider the next time around

APJ
APJ

Leather and cigars. It smells so classy.
I do get a good longevity out of it and the silage is ok, not overpowering.
Perfect for autumn-winter. This one is a winner!

rocky_moin
rocky_moin

The first spliff, smells of patchouli,leather and citrus..The smell softens down in half an hour and from then starts a sweet fragrance of fig fruit..
Longevity is poor..I sprayed at 3PM and by 6PM, I could smell very faintly on my wrist..The projection is not so enormous, neither does it leave a following trail behind (it does but it is not a head turner or a noticeable one). Definitely, This one's not a winter perfume .The Smell is rich and wonderful..!!But if someone wants to buy this one, I would suggest them to keep in their pocket an atomizer and spray from time-to-time to keep the fragrance on..

Smell 8.5/10
Projection : 5/10
Longevity : 3/10

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

ADMIN - Please fix the note pyramid!

NOTES -

Top note: Thai Basil, Coriander, Chamomile, Cardamom, Cinnamon Bark, Persian Lemon, Cistus,

Middle note: Black Plum, Parma Violet, Atlas Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Saffron, Thyme, Brogiotto Black Fig,

Base note: Rum, Haitian Vetiver, Caramel, Vanilla, Black Truffle, Fir Balsam, Leather, Amber, Patchouli, Shoyeido Incense,

I believe that this note pyramid for this high class fragrance can be fixed easily and would be appreciated by everyone.. Thanks!

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Pros: That's a scent I can really really really enjoy! It's dark, Earthy, Spicy and fresh all at the same time. It's complex and deep. It takes you to a magical place! I don't really know how tuber smells... But if it smells like this it's wonderful! A perfect scent! 10/10
The packaging is very classy and like most of Tom ford's scents it's very elegant and sleek with a brown striped glass bottle with golden cap! 8/10

Cons: Here comes the little disappointment! For a perfume labeled as extreme it is rather weak! I hesitated before trying this because black orchid is not an "Extreme" perfume and was very strong! After a Blast of citrus and figs, Tom Ford extremes dries out very close to the skin... To my surprise! It doesn't project as I wanted it to be for an extreme perfume. However, the longevity is very good but it's still less than I expected. Black orchid, Sahara noir and other Tom ford's scents outclass Tom Ford extreme in every way! The only thing that Tom ford Extreme outclasses it's fellows is by it's pricetag which brings me for it's third and most glaring con! I really can't justify it'a pricetag. 150$ for 50ml EDP? With that projection and longevity no sir! Sahara noir for me has the same pricetag but is somewhat fair!
Sillage 4/10
Longevity 7/10
Price 2/10

Overall... A nice perfume that is lacking in power for it's price... The same perfume with a lower price would be ok... But I can't deny that I love this perfume... This review just tells that I would never own a bottle! Shame!!
6.2/10

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Extreme? Really? This reminds me of Inigo Montoya's celebrated quote in "The Princess Bride": "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

The original Tom Ford for Men was promising, but ridiculously faint and timid. One would suppose that for an "extreme" flanker Ford organized a focus group or two, learned that his original stuff evaporated to nothingness in an hour or so and decided that a stronger juice would be a marketable idea. Hence, "extreme."

But no. As is stated elswhere here by other reviewers, this stuff is also timid and has little longevity and no sillage.

A pity.

It reminds me of one of those Gucci scents, faintly leathery. It's nice - but it really doesn't justify its cost - or the word "extreme."

Belvedere
Belvedere

I love this juice but not on it's own, I always layer with TF Grey Vetiver to tone down the deep musk spice notes. A very mature scent that I wear when I want people to notice

Arabian Knight
Arabian Knight

*Blech*

A pungent mixture of lemon, cedar and patchouli opens with a tangy sharpness, drying down into a peculiar musky boardroom odour once the figs and tuber get involved.

In all honesty I think it smells like piss :/

sophywt
sophywt

a sensual scent, with animalic feel. on me it's actually more like a tamed warm balmy woody one but on other people it may be something different and really amazing.

I remember that when it first launched, i got a sample and thought it was good, so I shared it with one of my colleagues. He loved it right away, soon bought himself a bottle and wore it everyday to office. It's a smell of love making on him, and it's hard for me to bear such a smell during working hours - the whole office room would be filled with the smell even during the weekend when my colleague was absent and finally i had to suggested him gently that his scent is way too strong and urged him to wear something else. I regret a little and missed it actually, because it really smells amazing on him and i seldom smell any scent alike.

alberto1964
alberto1964

...it's only a lighter version of black orchid. But good.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

THE UN-EXTREME

You know that magic ink that was around in the 70s? You wrote with it and then seconds later it disappeared?

I put this on - and was enjoying the smell - put my attention elsewhere for maybe an hour, and when I returned to my arm - NADA.

Must be some kind of magic trick I'm unaware of.

What I can recall of the fleeting fragrance is a nice wood/spice with a hint of citrus.
But if you want more from me - you'll have to pay for a hypnotist.

Just to add to the comments below about price.
I pretty much agree that you should buy whatever is within your means.
You'll find a way to have it if you love it that much and really really want it.
Everybody has their limits and some houses are extortionate. I mean I really like Clive Christian fragrances but only one of them really justified the expenditure.
However, this fragrance is an anomalous one because Tom Ford for Men is considerably cheaper... for the same EDT concentration. I know this is a later release and may well come down in price but it's still a little steep. Fortunately, I love this stuff and as a collector I'm not always bothered about maximizing the volume of juice I get so 50ml is just fine due to having a vast collection.
Value for money is in the eye of the beholder anyway.
I suspect somebody who ops for this sort of scent (especially from TF) is not a noob to fragrances and probably will rotate it with a few others, so even if you get 6 to 12 months use from it at £80 is that not deemed to be acceptable? It is for me... but the point is people have different perception of value for money and as it is with lots of things, you pay for the name and then discover whether it's worth it or not.
Having said that I would love this as a EDP just so I got more strength and longevity from it...otherwise a brilliant fragrance.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

Really nice woody fragrance with some patchouli. Better, in my opinion, than the regular Tom Ford for Men, which is a spicy chypre scent with fleeting citrus notes. This one is deep and rich but nothing new for the world of men's fragrances.

Not to be a jerk, but the price is what the price is. If the price was too high, people would not buy it and Tom Ford would lower it. But that's not the case. So buy what you can afford and if you can't afford this, don't complain...just leave it to those of us who can.

This fragrance is so good! I absolutely love it!!!
I've no idea what Tuber is but if that's a large component of this fragrance then it's devine whatever it is? I get the earthy, woodiness of cedar, gorgeous patchouli and lovely lovely edible element coming from the fig.
It's been composed very well and so masculine.
This and Tom ford for men are truly great works and I really love them shame they don't last longer on my skin but that's only a minor criticism.

SDVHC
SDVHC

A true fragrance for man. Not economical but almost honest.

Recommended the purchase at an good price (not more of 100$).

moosa
moosa

manly elegant and smoky.
i love it'
one of the best that i ever have.quality is amazing.im new in fragrance and i cant detect the notes but i'm sure this is the blend of woods and plants!but which woods ?i dont know:)

longevity and projection is more than average

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I bought this scent three (3) years ago. I wear it now and then because it is very expensive, and it only comes in a 1.7 size. Today I decided to wear it to work and I have gotten many compliments. I smell tobbacco and not to strong at that. I do not smell the tuber. It is just perfect, classical and elegant.

armaniboy
armaniboy

I have been trying this, every now and then, for about three years, only to buy it yesterday.The pros: complex,warm,very well blended,different,sexy.The cons: size,price,sillage. I came to realize that this is definitely unisex and shares wonderful similarities with black orchid.i think it's a chameleon of a fragrance.It keeps changing and keeps my nose very interested.From fruity to dark leathery,from sweet to smokey...etc

.p.s don't mock me but this slightly reminds me of the natural vibe I used to get whenever I came close to someone wearing By dolce gabbana women.This could have been named TOM FORD ATTITUDE.

sgmg09
sgmg09

Love this scent smells very masculine
only wish they made it in EDP and 3.4 oz
Tom Ford Extreme 2 thumbs up
i get alot of compliments

fan.of.devin
fan.of.devin

One of the most compelling fruit and wood scents I've ever smelled. Sadly, the longevity and sillage are virtually non-existent. Not worth the price tag at all, but if they fixed the longevity/sillage I'd buy this without hesitation.

kirtylou
kirtylou

Picked this out for my husband. It smells very classy, dark, and expensive. I think it fits his personality and tastes very well. My husband would never wear something sporty or overly rugged; he's sort of artsy and introverted, loves red wine, cloves, music, and literature. Great sexy, mysterious scent for a man, and I think this scent could be worn by women (in fact, he may catch me wearing this from time to time).

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

I have never understood how Tom Ford started with creating sillage and longevity monsters in M7 and Gucci pour Homme I to producing this and its predecesor, dont get me wrong, this is a damn wonderfull one hell of a good scent but the longevity and sillage are so mediocre, you cant believe it. I was very happy when this came out because I thought it would rectify those problems of its predecesor which I loved too but it wasnt solved. BuT Tom Ford is back to his old witts with his collection of private blends that give you everything you could possibly want in a fragrance, and in every direction. Cheers to TF. Its sad that he didnt make this one like that, otherwise its a fantanstic and very exclusive scent.

natrance
natrance

WOW!! This should be worn when the weather turns (fall/winter). Reminds me of a bonfire/fireplace with warm cinnamon...Yankee candle Ember Light perhaps? I will be picking this scent up very soon!

Scent 10
Longevity 3
Sillage 3

This is one that needs to be sprayed on your clothes, worn with lotion, or reapplied every 2-3 hours...but worth it!! Cozy, evening, cool weather scent

jjwade
jjwade

here, this scent is where its at! this is a proper man's scent this one. you'll not get punks in their teens or early 20's wearing this because a) its too manly for them, b) its too expensive. you need some chest hair to wear this bad lad. honestly, chicks love this stuff. i haven't smelt this on anyone else either so its seems pretty exclusive. its quite a dark leathery smell which reminds me ever so slightly of YSL Opium, but a lot more modern. definitely a night time fragrance. try and pick it up in the sales or airport duty free if you like it because it is on the expensive side.

johnnybr0801
johnnybr0801

I think TF is one of the most impressing designers. The guy is a f...ing genius! He barely makes a mistake, knows what people want and what SELLS in today's fashion world! I love the way how he can capture the man who is a bit rebellish, trying the limits and still classic and have the charisma. I did not like this fragrance at the beginning. Its not really what you can smell around on a man today, ie: aquatic, citrusy bla-bla's. I was like: Its a bit of oldish and strong scent, not for me. Not even speaking about its price tag! Waaay much overpriced! And then, I simply realized that whenever I came across somewhere abroad (they dont sell this in store in my country), I wanted it! This is much more complex that people can just understand by trying it once. Much different from Tom Ford Man. There is too much going on in this juice. It has something in it what I don't really like but still want it and feel attracted to it...

Like those things in life that you should avoid but still you dream about it. In a way this fragrance is representing my hidden side: the one people cannot see. Whenever I spray it on I know that this occasion is going to be special because Im gonna make it special. Lots of power in a bottle for those who want to be different. This is why I think its forbidden to wear this everyday. This would simply kill the magic and the true essence of this fragrance would be gone...

aliks
aliks

I bought it on sales for a cheap price (since it is actually very expensive) and really wanted to try it and like it, but I found this leather too difficult to wear beacause the gasoline-leather note of the first spray does not evolve into something milder on the skin, and it remains harsh and very dark. I would have prefered something that transformed into a sweeter leathery, comfortable and elegant scent, and this one has something too agressive for my tastes. But it smells like quality product and nothing that could be compared to the trendy cheap notes that are always found in the mass market fragrances that are now sold under expensive brand names. Lot of character and distinction, but smells too much like a sweating horse near a gas tank and not enough like the smell of a leather horse saddle for me.

fuggerone
fuggerone

rather disappointing in sillage and duration, gasoline vibe maybe it's extreme in disappointing people who buy it!.... I'll replace it when finished? Dunno! gets good feedback! 7/10

raw umber
raw umber

Tom Ford Extreme begins with an oxblood leather couch in the study of a renowned psychiatrist. The study is lined with books and the sprawling hardwood desk contains a silver letter opener, a meteorite paperweight, and other lavish clutter. Next to the desk is a pipe chest, where an extraordinary collection of pipes from all over the world, fine tobacco, and spiny brand new pipe cleaners all wait silently in the dark.

This rich but reserved fragrance delivers a salty creamy leather note, slightly sweet tobacco, woods and scotch, incense, a soft patchouli, and a combination of warm spices, making it intimate but not nearly as loud as I expected it to be.

It wears very close to the skin, such that it feels less extreme externally, but is suggestive of an intensity that is not at once visible, as if the "extremity" were being carefully bottled and stored somewhere under the surface.

Tom Ford Extreme is a depiction of a man who is markedly reserved and sophisticated on the outside, socially at ease, wearing his facade like a pro whenever he is in public or entertaining friends,

but the dark shades of his personality and inner emotional life are almost entirely hidden. They are there, and there is abysmal depth to them, but you'd never know it, unless you spent enough time and energy chiseling away at his confident exterior.

The man who embodies Tom Ford Extreme is not a tasteless show off, and he doesn't get taken advantage of.. but stick around long enough and surrender your inhibitions to his charm, and you may end up seeing something you wish you hadn't.

Chalk it up to experience.

RemingtonSteele
RemingtonSteele

Reminds me of a 80's powerhouse style mens frag in some ways. Can be very potent on the right person. I do get the smell of wet clay thing somewhat, as I was in ceramics. Doesn't smell bad, not a homerun for TF.

CtrlKML
CtrlKML

Is it extreme? Yes it is.
Because of its name and its smell.
Although it's a perfume it does not smell.
I tried to smell it on everything... paper, clothes, my arm, another ones arm, wood stick...etc, but i couldn't get any smell.
What is it? A perfume? Maybe. Is it extreme? Definitely!!!

RickS1169
RickS1169

Tried this at sephora and it blew me away. I would say it smells like sophisticated dirt or clay. That may not sound appealing but trust me, it is. Many have said this smells more "mature" or "35 and up" or whatever but I am 21 and this is wonderful to me.

plamen8
plamen8

I wonder how one can call this beautiful fragrance weak and with poor longevity?!! On my skin it lasts all day with very good sillage. It is one of the best fragrancies for winter days and nights! Imagine you are sitting in a mountain cottage, near the fireplace, with a glass of red wine... This scent gives to me such a cosy feeling! Besides it can be worn on formal occasions as well, and it gives an impression of something luxurious!
The scent is warm, sweet, a bit smoky and sharp, but refind and not offensive at all. Highly recommended! Rating: 10/10

GS_K
GS_K

Fantastic fragrance!!! but It never develops on skin and basically remains a light rum and black figs.
Unique and amazing but poor sillage and extremely poor longevity.
Scent 10/10
Sillage 3/10
Longevity 2/10

chweintr
chweintr

This one is all about association...

My father was always a smoker... he sometimes splashed himself with after shave... his car always smelled like cigarettes and aftershave. This fragrance reminds me of that...

might remind you of a strong bookish type person --fireplace and spice -- or else it might bring to mind Febreze sprayed in a small room you've been smoking in all day ...

really I think this one is more fireplace than pipe... the powdery note I get rubs me the wrong way...
this is an older man's scent as far as I am concerned...

bhougland
bhougland

mrs2241
mrs2241

اگر به سایت اصلی تام فورد تشریف ببرید،متوجه میشید که اصلا ترکیبات اکستریم اینا نیست....واقعا یه کار حرفه ایه...

Ashley2
Ashley2

This is a powerful fragrance with very good longevity. It is one of only a few fragrances I have used where women [over 45 years old] compliment my perfume. They reckon it turns them on. [I am over 50 so turning on 45 year olds is good for me.]

saj59

من که عاشقش شدم
ولی متاسفانه دوام و پخشش خوب نیست

gregmech26
gregmech26

When you visit the country-side in those small, rural towns, and people are burning their leaves..that's exactly what this smells like!

Fireplaces burning wood, and burning leaves outdoors.

A foggy, smokey cloud of burnt wood with a fleeting hint of sweetness.

Very mature smell, most likely best for those over 50.

fresh_scents

I’m giving TF Extreme a thumb (singular) up as a great smelling fragrance, and its longevity on my shirt from having just been sprayed onto my skin, but thumbs down for the price. Today happened to be my first full day of wearing TF Extreme and I loved it. TF Extreme does not really smell like Givenchy Pi, but it reminded me of Givenchy Pi today. TF Extreme, as I have previously mentioned, gives me a boozy vibe that is also mildly spicy.

I will continue to wear TF Extreme for as long as the vial samples last, when it is sold for 40% less, and well after I use most of my current fragrances.

Kostas_Minimal
Kostas_Minimal

Dark mysterious mature.3 words that i can say that tags this frag.Similar to black orchid but with less longetivity.Worn for very formal occasions an not for everyday.
I really like that mystery mature vibe that frag is giving me.
Longetivity is 4-6 hours on my skin.Pricey but i think tom fords frags deserve that
Overall score 8.5/10

Detroitcolognereview
Detroitcolognereview

Marlboro man for sure. For the price tag however, where the HELL is the longevity? Limp D&%K after an hour. Dissapointing...

vergil_s
vergil_s

از نسخه اولیه خیلی بهتره.
من این کار رو خیلی بیشتر پسندیدم.
یه کار شیک و سنگین واسه افراد شیک پوش!
میشه گفت یه بوی چرمی و دودی اما لیمو هم هست.
ذر کل کاره خاص و شیکیه.

fresh_scents

Yipes! TF Extreme definitely has some boozy qualities, but I really like it.

Blaze00
Blaze00

One word to describe this scent : SMOKY BABY. It reminds me of a smoky wood mixed with a little bit of encens. It is like an oooold woody antic furniture, elegant, timeless and deserving respect !

Shahz
Shahz

This has an extremely awe inspring opening that simply blows you away. A sweet woody opening with a hint of ambergris followed by a note of very high quality shoe polish and luxurious leather sofas. The dry-down is sweet and peppery.
To me this is superior to many fragrances in the private blend line. It smells far more Arabian than Arabian Wood. It is more Oud-like than oud wood.
Looking forward to adding this to my collection, perhaps even making it one of my signatures after the arrival of some disposable income.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

Beautiful smoky leather scent. I also get citrus, woods, figs and a little bit of patchouli. Very masculine and well blended. Perfect as a year round scent and for special occasions.
Update: I wish it lasted longer...

aventus88
aventus88

n the opening smells similar to black orchid but less floral but and in the dry out smells different

LANIER
LANIER

In the milieu of Manhattan masculine moneyed elegance Tom Ford Men Extreme soars like an elegant amber glass sliver of a skyscraper over the skyline of fragrances. This one is memorable and an instant classic. It conjures up drinks at the Oak Room on a Sunday afternoon, an early morning stroll along Central Park South where just happen to see Tony Bennett out for a walk. A delicious after theater snack of blueberry blintzes at the Westway Diner on 9th avenue. A private weekend in the Hamptons with that very special someone, a bike ride on your own along the High Line trail though the city at sunset. Yes Tom Ford embodies all the chic elegance of New York life in this wonderful fragrance. Like a cultured gent this fragrance moves effortlessly though all situations and can fit the mood of most any time or place.

It takes off with an opening of rich snappy lemon and rich tuber that blends in so well. The patchouli and fig just add that deep resonance of sartorial seriousness. Cedar in the dry down really round it out beautifully.

Last very long on my skin, around 9 hours and carries itself well in both work and evening situations. It is a mature bold masculine choice for a gentleman of discerning taste, style and élan.

williamvargas
williamvargas

very nice snappy fragrance, has a smoky feel to it.wonderful masculine fragrance, enjoy this one alot. have been wearing it often and lots of nice compliments, i do get a sort of 80's type feel ,but an elegant note..i could see this as a dress up type fragrance, something you would wear going out. not a young man smell but more of a mature scent. i think you could see a powerful person wearing this one. thumbs up. purchased a bottle of this one , even though a tad bit pricy, i think it is worth it for those special occasions for me. another good one tom.

unique1975
unique1975

I like Black Orchid, and while I think it can be worn easily by a man or woman, Tom Ford Extreme keeps some of the intriguing qualities of Black Orchid while tailoring it into something a lot more masculine.

I really love TF Extreme. It's a very dark, spicy, leathery formal-ish scent-- a very seductive choice for an evening scent. I initially thought the longevity was poor, but it can be deceptive. I wore it out last night and halfway through today I took a bath-- oddly, after I towelled off I noticed the wonderful musky smell of TF Extreme had come back to life and radiate nicely off my chest. I'd thought it was long gone!

TF Extreme gives off a luxurious, dried fruits/spice vibe with just enough caramelized sweetness to balance the dry woody amber. I also agree with Mike P.'s assessment of it smelling like an expensive shoe store. I love the way the leather is done here-- a bit of shoe polish and the kind of patent leather that goes with a fine tuxedo-- I think the "tuxedo" feel is what Tom Ford was going for here.

For an important evening, you can't fail with Tom Ford Extreme.

asmhfdbds
asmhfdbds

In the top notes , i get a sour greenness , it's a basil aroma with a shy citrusy background but main theme in the first two hours is that green sour vibe.
After that, when moving into middle notes , spices will jump out with a very refined incense scent and a vintage style of 80' power house, in this phase, powdery note will present itself in a complex soapy vibe.
Reminded me of chanel antaeus.
A gentelman scent for sure , mature and sophisticated enough.
Quality but i think it's overpriced , chanel is cheaper with same quality and more longevity and projection.
Longevity is 6-8 hours with moderate projection.
Beautiful bottle and packaging!

twlahue
twlahue

starts off smoky and woody and then mellows down into something very warm and nice. my wife doesn't really like it. so...for me it is not worth the money, it is a pricey devil.

Oslo-fjord
Oslo-fjord

A stunning fragrance! Reminds me a bit of the ultra- masculine classic male fragrances from the 70-ies and 80-ies. It`s pure class in a bottle, and it`s actually better then most of the scents from Tom Ford`s private Blend collection. It`s expensive, but worth every penny. The sillage could be better though. White iron shirt is essential.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

Well, I thought this one was unisex, I sprayed it on myself and enjoyed it very much! It wears in the vein of Bulgaris Black, a rich and sumptuous accord of tobacco, vanilla and amber - irresistible!!

jasonchickerson
jasonchickerson

On first spray, Tom Ford for Men Extreme appears multilayered yet down to earth, like an educated man who spends his free time putting out grass fires.

Top notes of ginger, lemon and sweet orange lay nicely over a heart of peppercorn, patchouli and pipe tobacco. The whole thing together conjures images of a darkened den where someone's father sits in a leather chair by a fireplace. There are also hints of scotch in barrels and smoldering wood coals.

Unfortunately, before 15 minutes have passed, all those lovely, well-married top notes fall away and we are left with charcoal and ash and the distinct smell of cedar burning in a fireplace with a clogged flue.

I think Extreme was created with a special type of man in mind. He's the kind of guy who cooks but only if he's grilling. He's the kind of guy who spends weekends restoring antique cars and doesn't mind sitting down to dinner with a little motor oil on his hands. He's the kind of guy that doesn't usually wear fragrance that doesn't read "aftershave."

And for that kind of guy, I think Extreme will work quite well. For everyone else, there is something missing here.

aleksylvester
aleksylvester

A fantastic scent!

Hot and spicy ... for men who are self-confident and with attitude

This smelle needs suit and white shirt!

One of my favorites..

silvrsrfr
silvrsrfr

Rich; I sensed cinnamon in the top, leather in the mid, with a sweet base (patchouli?). Excellent blend, and the scent is intoxicating, but for the high price, one would expect it to last much longer (3-4 hours on me).

Darius HIldenbrandt
Darius HIldenbrandt

especialy rich and deep extract...

TommyB
TommyB

A excellent masculine fragrance that smells of leather and incense and booze. It's not to sweet though I did detect vanille in the drydown. I am going to save my money and buy it. Love it!

wormred
wormred

I tried this in the store today. Really did not like it. Too intense, and sweet, smells of leather. Interestingly, the first 3-4 hours of the smell is horrible, I feel like I want to be sick. However, after this time, the smell weakens, and becomes much more bearable, and becomes more pleasant with time. However, it is not my style smell. Too intense and complex, not very refreshing, or masculine.

JubeiSpiegel
JubeiSpiegel

Fantastic smokey, woody, leather, with cinnamon. It's longevity is lacking, but what a great smell while it lasts, I'm not even too bothered by it. Definitely better than the original, I'm a fan!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

All your favorite notes and more are in this little treasure. Woods and spice with leather and sweetness go hand in hand with booze and truffles and more.

A great rich and complex fragrance that shouts power, success and money. Great MANLY fragrance that would suit the President of the United States.lol

The downside: The price!

bp
bp

It smells like money...
It should attract money...
It's a pity to have it you must have money... Lots of money...

lozhensuw
lozhensuw

This along with Ormonde Jayne Zizan are to be my next purchases. Both fantastic scents

JohnMc
JohnMc

Beautiful and elegant bottle - instantly made me want to sample it after previous purchase of Black Orchid (which I adore), a bit of an anti-climax though unfortunately. An 'OK' fragrance, but nothing outstanding - are my expectations too high? Probably!

Panik
Panik

No doubt it’s a wonderful scent. I find it very complex and sophisticated. Reminds me of the vintage version of CD Sauvage Extreme as far as I remember it. But unfortunately for me it lacks longevity as well as it’ s predecessor.

K1
K1

Tom Ford Extreme smells like an earthy smoky rotten strange thing that evokes highest sense of curiosity and sense of intrigue. The way it plays reminds me the first releases of TM’s Private Collection such as Japon Noir and Noir de Noir, the same virile base accord of well smell of fertilized soil with hint of flowers. This smells like “expensive cigars and leather” and I think I’m getting a strange vibe of fig like it’s dried and smooth on tree.
Extreme is a grown up distinct modern fragrance with hidden hints of classic inclinations.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I'm with Snoopy, I really wanted to love this scent.
Initially just from the style and sophistication dripping from the bottle designs of the Tom Ford range, but amongst all the exceeding beauty in the smoky mixture of spices and woods is a sour-sap note that doesn't agree with me.
I love these smoky pepper scents but I could never wear them

@ saint james: I admire Tom Ford Extreme...nudge, wink!!

Just kidding! I really like this one but cannot stand the original!

Go figure!?

saint james
saint james

I keep buying this frag and then giving it away only to purchase another bottle. I like the scent. I think ArkangeL's description is pretty accurate. It does have a cigar or formal leather library with a cigar humidor open feel to it. I give this scent away ususally because I think I have wearied of it and then I make a gift of it to some admirer of it. A few weeks later I end up in Neiman's buying another bottle to make sure I have it on hand. I only wear it in the evening for a dress up occasion. It is rich and expensive smelling although a tad over powering. Classy and not for everyday.

guest_venego
guest_venego

I bought a miniature of this cologne and it's very nice but not an everyday cologne,I got a aromadisiac of avon as a gift a few months later and believe it or not,it smell very very very similar,they both have leather and fig,the difference is that avon is just $15 dollars a bottle.

autumn89
autumn89

Such a complex, beautiful scent. I can see where the issues with the longevity come from, but i actually think its quite misleading. It is very close to the skin, but the day after wearing this i can detect an incredibly blatant incense note. Not incense smoke, but high quality incense sticks.

Its quite masculine, but so is Black Orchid. I feel both are easily unisex and women should try this one out too. No serious fragrance fan takes notice of the way these things are marketed anyway.

It is bloody pricey though... one for special occasions.

This is stunning. A sharp spicy caramel/wood/vanilla/plum. Doesnt really change that much on my skin until the extreme drydown when its just a smooth vanilla/incense with a bit of plum. Very subtle, stays close to the skin but i kind of prefer that to obnoxious sillage.

Only problem is longevity. Even the original Tom Ford for men lasts a really long time on me. This is the first Ford that doesn't.

For the money? its probably not worth it as the price is so far past a joke its entered some sort of altered state. Which is a shame and i feel like a traitor because its a subtle, beautiful fragrance and the ingredients are high quality.

But it does cost a LOT of money. If it had Black Orchids longevity it would be worth it. It does bear a huge resemblance to Black Orchid though so maybe thats a better option, as Black Orchid can easily be worn by men.

Beautiful bottle.

ArkangeL
ArkangeL

Expensive cigars... leather... and more cigars. Caramel? Plum?? Such a strange pyramid of notes, but it WORKS! Eventually this dries down to a nice smokey, leathery, woody scent... but sadly, doesn't last long. I think I may even detect fig in there somewhere. Keep an open mind when smelling TF Extreme. It comes off retro, but there are some modern features here as well.

omega_69
omega_69

I completely LOVE this scent. Extreme is a completely mature, masculine leathery/smokey fragrance with incredible staying power. I must have this stuff.

jorjick
jorjick

simply classique!!!!!

setlamai

After further testing ... only 1 word ... SUPERB .
From sec 1 you get a extremely luxury feeling with the smell of rum and sigars and leather with a touch of lightness . After a while it settles in to a soft and smooth blend of mild herbs , wood and leather . Stays long time on your skin .
By far the best havier/sweeter fragrance i have ever smelled . Simply amazing and i want it . allthough it is very difficult to find and expensive but that add's the luxury feeling .
IMHO not for everyday use , very special .

setlamai

I got this for test ... it requires more testing but 1st smell was a wow ... lush . I think it is perfect for a cold climate , but i will give it a go on a warm summers night out . Very warm smell and no sharpness at all . A warm smell without a lot of vanilla , happy to see it come by . Perfect blended together .

chocolateguy
chocolateguy

I extremely love it! Although I must say that I do not like the bottle which is too weird, too feminin. It's ugly. This version is so strong, irresistible, sexy, and seductive. And with a not too high price, I think buying this one is such a quite right decision. Tom Ford Extreme is rich, woody, yum-yum and really really sexy with such a great longervity. I can feel the amber, incense, cedar, sandal, chocolate...combine so well and wonderfully.

honeypoppyseed

Not to mention... I ADORE the bottle. Spectacular. Spectacular. this is a winner to a T.

honeypoppyseed

Love this scent... Love it. It's as if Black Orchid and Japan Noir were rolling around in bed together and had a beautiful, beautiful love child. When I got Black Orchid I had no idea how much I would be smelling my wrists in public, because it moves me so. To imagine any man in its counterpoint (which Extreme undoubtedly is) is extremely sexy.

wegmann
wegmann

this fragrance is amazing.
it reminds you of leather and cigars.
it's a very mature and refined fragrance and not for every day wear.
i love it and wear it only when i dress up because it is so sopisticated it should be worn by the true coniseur

Tom Ford for Men Extreme by Tom Ford 4.29 out of 5 based on 423 ratings and 93 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Tom Ford for Men Extreme fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Tom Ford for Men Extreme, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tom Ford for Men Extreme by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tom Ford for Men Extreme by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.