Designers » T-Z » Leather « Groups

I have it: 1722 I had it: 274 I want it: 1571 My signature: 97

leather
smoky
Tuscan Leather Tom Ford for women and men Pictures

Private Blend is first and exclusive collection by Tom Ford, which includes twelve eau de parfums, each of them can be used solely or in combination with other fragrances from the collection.
Private Blend Collection was launched in 2007. The fragrances are available in 50ml and 250ml bottles.

"PRIVATE BLEND is my own scent laboratory: it's where I have the ability to create very special, original fragrances that are unconstrained by the conventions of mainstream scent-making. PRIVATE BLEND is designed with the true fragrance connoisseur n mind." Tom Ford

Perfume rating: 4.32 out of 5 with 1909 votes.

Saffron Raspberry Thyme

Golden Boy

Tuscan Leather Fragrance Reviews

donescu
donescu

I cannot express all the ingredients in this masterpiece but all I can say is that this perdume is so masculine and sexy. it is very deep and unusual. makes you feel confident. huge longevity and very good projection. smells expensive to me and the smoky woods combines with the sweetness of the rassbery notes are so irresistible

Muddasar
Muddasar

I must admit first that I tend to spray a lot of perfume and I also tend to carry my perfume for the day with me in the car!

With the Tuscan Leather it's best you spray not more than 4 sprays and never put it on in a small enclosed space such as a car as it will get really overbearing for fellow passengers. It might become downright nauseating for them!

But once it settles down..there is literally quite nothing like it. Probably the only perfume in the world I would say that is fit for royalty..or atleast it makes you feel that way.

It's a perfume that makes you want to dress well..to walk well..talk well

Raidersteveo
Raidersteveo

Very nice masculine scent. This is about as pure leather as it gets. I don't really pick up the raspberry note just yet but perhaps on subsequent wearings. The closest thing that I am familiar with I can compare this to is Andy Tauer's LADM and I believe much of that can be attributed to shared amber note. Both concoctions have a dirty masculine feel to them. As others have mentioned a little of this will go a long way. Thank goodness for that as it does cost a pretty penny.

no-fi
no-fi

A heavy, smoky leather with a touch of sweetness. It's very all-caps masculine, almost to the point of being gauche, but it's also very well crafted. I wouldn't wear it or pay Tom Ford money for the privilege, but I can see this working well for the sophisticated man or woman who wants a bit of an edge. Just go easy of the sprayer...

Kushinga
Kushinga

Where can i get this perfume in South Africa?? |)
email me on: [email protected] for leads...

Jellybean
Jellybean

Ssssstrong manly grown up leather scent. Scary and too much for my taste. Burnt woody noes, incense and some amber noted here. This is an old man, tough guy, I can't breathe type a scent. For open areas, in small quantities, cooler weather preferably. Leather with masculine accent galore.

alqusimi
alqusimi

كان مميزا في بداياته، لكن بعد تفشى نوتة الجلود في كثير من العطور اصبح غير مرغوبا فيه وكما قال اخونا الحكمي ،، يشعرك بانك تحمل كيسا من الجزم بين يديك وتتمشى به

Vlud
Vlud

This is a very refined leather/suede fragrance with a touch of rasperry. The fruity note really blends into perfectly and gives a nice sweet aspect

MikeL11
MikeL11

Amazing amazing amazing scent. Literally smell like a millionaire. Extremely unique and fantastic performance.

Alexandre.Morin
Alexandre.Morin

A strong velvety rich leather scent with undertones of dark berries, expensive booze and soft Arabian Oud. VERY potent, one spray on the chest and I'm looking at 12 hours of noticeable projection and a distinctive scent trail... This is a statement fragrance and reeks of wealth, cash and flamboyancy, almost bordering on vulgarity. It really must be respectfully applied in moderation to ensure a classy and sophisticated delivery. One spray on the lower torso below a dress shirt is perfect. I wore it recently to a lavish party in a Middle Eastern night club and it held its own against the heavyweight oils and perfumes as well as garnering compliments from locals and westerners alike. A powerful, modern and striking leather scent. Bravo Tom Ford!

aazzaadd
aazzaadd

One of the best scents that I've ever smelled and definitely the best in Private Blend of Tom Ford. Please don't judge so quickly when you spray it for the first time and let a few minutes pass , then you'll realize you can't get enough of that !

Overall: 9.75/10

Your arsenal
Your arsenal

Smells like a brick... at least according to Drake! Amazing scent.

bibiking
bibiking

My favorite leather scent, nothing else can beat it in leather tone.

This magic juice invades my mind after smelling it at first time. I did not buy it when I smelled it at the first time, but it was lingering in my mind all the time. Damn, got a 100ml bottle on the second day.

Not every girl likes it, but it is a great base scent as you can layer some other scents on it.

Well, it is my favorite tom ford private blend line, kind of addict to the smell.

spumyland
spumyland

Che bomba!scordatevi il calzolaio di fiducia,questo e' la pelletteria piu lussuosa che avete in mente!
Innamorato al primo spruzzo dopo aver dimezzato il tester che avevano in aereoporto non ho potuto fare a meno di acquistarlo.
Fragranza decisamente maschile,lusso e lussuria in una bottiglia.
Tassativo in qualsiasi guardaroba come una camicia bianca,jeans,stivali e giacca di pelle!
Stracciate l'abbonamento in palestra,bastano 2 spruzzi a gomiti e ginocchia e a suon di sniffate avrete gli addominali scolpiti!
Cocaina?...gasolio?..forse per il prezzo.e attitudine.
Odore di posacenere usato nella macchina?...forse la coppia oud-lampone?
( l'ho notata solo con temperature molto basse !).

...ci puo' stare...

... a me TL mette il turbo,ti fa sentire sicuro,sfacciato,come clarke kent che esce da una cabina telefonica.
Di lunga durata e grande sillage.tiene testa ai migliori montale.
SNIFFARE RESPONSABILMENTE.

L'apertura ricorda C for men di CC .Un capolavoro. molto piu completo e macho con agrumi,oud e altro.
TL e' molto molto piu dolce ,provocante e giovane.
Sincero dall'inizio alla fine.
No alarms. no surprises .

InfirmièreParfumée
InfirmièreParfumée

Stunning and impressive.
I bought the 250 mL bottle once and for all after a few tester bottles and I was convinced that this is by far my favorite among the TF private blend collections.
It does stay on long and it has this very impressive basenote.
I sprayed it on myself at work one day and a visitor came about 30 minutes after and they said "something smells really nice in here !!!" and i only sprayed a couple on my neck.
The saffron and leather are quite the great mix. I am in awe.
I wear this fragrance day or night. Originally for special occasions but now I find myself wearing it ANYTIME !
This is a no-fail fragrance for both men and women.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Sexy alpha male scent. Dry leather with hints of ash, berry and saffron. Very well dressed scent. A+

taiara76
taiara76

I love it. but two people in my family where horrified that something was burning at home and in the car.. this is not for everyone and people close to you may be not enjoying the fragrance that you love, unfortunately.

NZFH
NZFH

Well it certainly opens with a realistic factory-fresh leather accord, for sure, the most realistic I have smelt in perfumery thus far, akin to a new leather lounge-suite or such. Quickly followed by a flicker of raspberry. But this note does not hang around for long on my skin. The fragrance turns more sour than sweet with my skin chemistry. Anybody else find this? (It gets marginally sweeter again later on). Performance (in terms of projection and sillage) seems lacking. Therefore I would not consider a full bottle at this stage.

lukenicohen
lukenicohen

Tuscan Leather represents the first real perfume 'heartbreak' for me.

When I first found it I knew I'd found my signature scent I'd keep for life; the perfect blend of serious leather, smokiness, and that raspberry after-bite... Gorgeous. But for some reason the last two bottles I bought were completely watered down - I took both back after a couple days use.

I have no idea what Tom Ford is playing at, where the QA process has gone wrong, but for sure this has changed. It no longer has the kick.

MAYBE it's just the batches that I bought, but seriously, when you're paying €200 for what is meant to be a masterpiece, and you get a duff product more than once, it's time to move on. With a broken heart.

ladie1980
ladie1980

It is a very masculine scent. It is seriously strong. I was pregnant when this was purchased so have no idea how I would feel about it now. I actually used it as "kid" repellent. When my older two children drove me crazy, I would chase them and spray it towards them. That was a guaranteed silent evening for me, which was priceless.

chike_0
chike_0

Layer this with polo supreme leather and thank me later.

MattNoir
MattNoir

Leather leather leather smoke and a bit of sweetness. Love the leather in TL TF.
Is it really a pleasant smell to everyone? most probably not. You must be a big leather fan to enjoy this. If you like everything leather, then you would most certainly enjoy this. But many others find it too old, nostalgic, hand bagy.
Longevity is an issue, as if you wear this you can't wear another perfume unless you wash the cloth first.
Does it worth the price tag? Yes it does to me if I don't find an alternative.

Beyonder
Beyonder

Le Parrain de tous les cuirs.

fragcentral
fragcentral

Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather makes a big statement. For me, I get a very heavy leather, berry, and cigar ash. I really love the smell of this. It is beast mode performance and lasts pretty much 24 hours for me. It will also fill a room for hours. Not a big compliment getter and sometimes get the question about who smells smoky. It's a very good leather, but hard to find times to wear it. Not for the high heat or the office.

8 of out 10.

ribosradagast
ribosradagast

Smells like the inside of an old Winnebego, lived in by a man who smokes a deep rich tobacco pipe all the time. More animalic I think then it's given credit for here, as well. After a long while, evolves into a kind of creamy muted vanilla scent which is very dark and pleasurable.

Very challenging fragrance, though this is not actually a bad thing in this instance. It's like nothing I've tried before.

Longevity is fantastic, I can wear put this on after a shower with just a dab, and wake up the next day still smelling it powerfully.

That price though! Outrageous...

adam.spain
adam.spain

"Eughhhh it smells like my urine" - a dear friend of mine.

I appreciate all fragrances but tuscan leather is a tricky one. To a frag head this is a work of art and absolutely mesmerising. To the general public this is disgusting.

The dry down is beautiful. I regularly spray this on my arm before bed just to appreciate it. Have I found an occasion where I could wear this? Hell no. I personally don't know when it would be appropriate to wear. Black tie events maybe?!

Performance is outstanding. Price is obscene.

"Tuscan Leather smelling like a brick" - Drake

gedlive
gedlive

I'v had a 15ml decant of this for a while. At first sniff maybe over a year ago, I did not understand it. I thought the rasberry didn't belong with the leather. Now I see it as one of the genius strokes of this fragrance.

I have 3 private blend, Italian Cypress, Oud Wood, and Amber Absolute. Now I'm considering Tuscan Leather, as I am more impressed with the power of this fragrance.

Many of the Private Blends are laud, and I'm a low key guy. But when I wore Tuscan Leather last week after being away from it a while, it felt very warm, comfortable, and wearable.
It moved me, by the beauty of the oily, dark, dirty richness of the leather. I have recently obtained vintage Bel Ami, which is the only other leather fragrance I have tried, with this kind of oily rich leather. It's the kind of quality note that is very hard to find in modern perfumery, making Tuscan Leather somewhat worth the price tag.

TL, is dark, rich and warm, yet the rasberry and florals, saffron, are great piquant notes, balancing beautifully the dark leather with lightness, and brightness.

This can be a chalenging fragrance, but if you can aquire a taste or appreciation of TL, you will realy enjoy how uniquely wonderfull this fragrance is.

Rating: 9.5/10

reminds me a little bit of Dior Fahrenheit
nice leathery scent

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Rich, complex, well done leather, but the only thing i can't get over....
it smells like roasted peanuts to me ;o

kd17
kd17

Nice rich and intoxicating leather scent. I only wish that the raspberry was turned up a bit as it only pokes through slightly. Easy on the trigger as some might find this scent a bit offputting.

rnasim
rnasim

I love it. Frankly I don't think it is a winter fragrance. I am wearing it in Miami humid heat now in July and it performs just right, as if it is created for this season.
Tuscan Leather is my huge compliment getter. It smells sexy, warm, seductive.

Konga5000
Konga5000

This is so rich and has a lot of "body".

One of the few expensive frags that is beyond worth the high price tag.

KILLER longevity....seriously.

So smooth and intoxicating. Tom Ford is miles ahead of the game.

Russian's man
Russian's man

Most realistic leather fragrance that I have ever sniffed. For me it's very linear but with deepness. Tuscan Letaher it's a brave fragrance in a good way. Only, the raspberry provides a sweet accord. Also, I appreciate enough the amber.

In my understanding, it's a very manly fragrance despite being unisex. In summary, a sensual leather fragrance. IMO more suitable for special occasions. Specially, recommend it for leather lovers.

Scent: 8
Longevity: 9
Projection: 9
Sillage: 8
Uniqueness: 7
Versatility: 6

Overall: 7,83

Melted
Melted

This for me has similarities with Encre Noir - not in composition but that I didn't like it at first and then grew to appreciate it, more in this case. I am still not a fan of the opening 15 minutes but what remains afterwards is still smoky and still very masculine.

This is nothing like I wanted it to be but I still like and respect it.

NewToTheGame
NewToTheGame

This fragrance is quite unusual in the best way. I absolutely adore the blast of leather I get when I first spray this perfume. The smell of the leather calms down after two hours of wear and thats when the sweeter notes start to steal the show. To be honest, I kind of wish they never did. I am guessing the sweeter notes (Raspberry) is what makes the perfume passable as a unisex fragrance. I am quite surprised that the raspberry note is listed as a top note because all I can smell at the beginning is the smokey leather.

I get about 4 hours of projection with this fragrance. As far as sillage, I would say 12-14 hours. The smell becomes closer to the skin by the 9th hour.

carl.henderson
carl.henderson

God I love this stuff. I wear it every season and if I had a "signature scent" this would be it. The first 15 minutes make it smell a little too smokey but when it dried down it is an incredible and simple smokey leather fragrance. It doesn't project much in sillage, but lasts all day (maybe into the next day.) It's such a no bullshit, no nonsense scent. Tuscan Leather is the only reason I ever step into Neiman Marcus.

Cancerian1978

This one seperate men from boys. Not for the weak hearts. The smoke hits in the face and take over the air command. I just love it !!

Diegoloo
Diegoloo

Here is my experience and my order of preference with my favorite 4 Private Blends:

1- TUSCAN LEATHER: Extraordinary scent, I am one of the fortunate skins that show the berry note a lot, the leather is always there but this one changes a lot in my skin. Gets me tons and tons of compliments and you can wear it also in mild temperature nights. Maximum 3 sprays always.

2- OUD WOOD: Mouthwatering. That's the word to describe that scent. It doesn't project as much as Tuscan but continues as a skin scent all night long. This one is bold, powdery, very complex and intoxicating. Also gets tons of compliments and it is very elegant as all Tom Ford's.

3- TOBACCO VANILLE: Love this scent, it is delicious and elegant but sadly, the honey note is very prominent on my skin instead of the tobacco note. This one stays very sweet on my skin and it's really sad. It is the one with the best longevity and sillage, so if the Tobacco note shows a lot on your skin, I would purchase it without a doubt.

4- NOIR DE NOIR: Elegant, powdery, complex. I love this one but is definetely the most feminine out of the 4. If your lady enjoys rose scents, then use this as your weapon. It has great longevity and nice sillage too. I like it very much but there are tons of notes fighting on this one, so it's pretty heavy floral for me.

phantom smell
phantom smell

the best leather perfume

The Oracle
The Oracle

First: Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is an absolute, world-class BEAST in longevity and power;

Second: This cologne is all about big-time heavy leather and dark, smoky, rich tobacco. Bold, unapologetically *not* "complex", unusual and 100% masculine, it conjures up images of Don Draper, Lee Marvin, and the studly dudes featured on early '70's cigarette ads. Although this surprised me given its dark, mature nature, I have gotten some great compliments on this from young women;

Third: This will be a superb choice for certain men, and wildly inappropriate for others. If you can't grow a beard, or you think Nickelback is "classic rock", forget it. If you're more like the Dos Equis "Most Interesting Man in the World", this powerhouse could "complete" you...but because it is so unusual, I suggest trying out a sample first.

Smellafella
Smellafella

COCAINE IN A BOTTLE ! In fact, lets talk about Cocaine fragrances.

Tuscan Leather & Christian Dior's Fahrenheit are two fragrances that smell like Cocaine of two entirely different processing methods.

Tuscan Leather has a Diethyl (Ethyl) accord that makes it smell like Cocaine.

Fahrenheit has a Petrol accord that makes it smell like Cocaine.

Diethyl or sometimes petrol is used to extract the freebase from the mash.

The main difference between diethyl & petrol is that diethyl is a pure organic liquid & petrol is a mixture of hydrocarbons.

This makes Tuscan Leather a pure uncut Cocaine Fragrance...However, Fahrenheit is still 70% that good good...LMAO !!!

MickZ
MickZ

This is one of my top choices from Tom Ford, a strong, serious masculine scent with excellent longevity. It has a medicinal, metallic note that is discordant to my nose, and I feel like there's something missing: perhaps more smoke, insence and amber would add depth and complexity, but now I am turning it into an Amouage.

I also don't get any raspberry. And I love raspberries. If you want a linear leather scent, this is your choice. But I would recommend trying a sample before you commit. 7/10.

hollandbri
hollandbri

I have a few of the Private Blend fragrances but I must admit this is the magician of the bunch. I have never smelled such a beautiful blended cologne in my life. This transforms so wonderfully on, but beware kids, two sprays AT MOST is all that is needed. Trust me it will last for days. Crazy longevity and a good amount of sillage. Tuscan Leather is a grown up fragrance for those serious sexy nights. To me this is a mens fragrance. Reminds me of 8 p.m. meeting a beautiful kept man wearing a nice watch and expensive suit for drinks at a trendy lounge, no dinner, just thumping music with a cocktail in hand. At first smell TL is expensive with notes of rugged leather mixed with a bit of cocaine. A beginning to a wonderful night. As the night goes on, filled with intimate moments, drawing you in closer. Thats when the fragrance melts on the dry down and you can smell the floral and raspberry deliciousness. At the end of the night when you are craving those romantic, feminine vibes Tuscan Leather whists you away to a raspberry powder cloud and truly delivers. LOVE LOVE LOVE this fragrance if you can't tell.

RMB18

This stuff is still potent for anyone wondering. I own a 2016 batch and wore it two days ago. It was detectable for over 24 hours and it was still going after a shower

sarabx5
sarabx5

Very sharp smoky ashy juice.

Announced as a unisex fragrance, I can hardly imagine a woman wears it (not any woman anyways).
It performes better after 2-3 hours of spraying. The dry down becomes more acceptable so we can appreciate positively the quality of the blend.

Only for cold times.

My conclusion: you love it or you hate it, no in between.

mo_iz
mo_iz

this new reformulated juice leans so badly toward the Godolphin!there is of course the same fantastic leather scent,smokier & a bit citrus,but the wonderful raspberry blast and the luxurious sweet combo is definitely gone! i really don't get it why they've replaced the royal essence by something just FINE!!!

houstcs

Left a poor review about 18 months ago. Got a 4ml official sample. The last one was nasty ashtray, possibly the juice from a moist ashtray. This time around I find love in it. The last one was likely a dupe or fake. The 4ml decant I received is very classy indeed. It smells so nice all day. It's dark and sweet at the same time being dirty. Love it

joov84
joov84

A classy bright leather based fragrance.
Tuscan leather is one of those fragrances that smells better when it is sniffed from a distance rather than up close. i get the raspberry and saffron in the opening followed by a bright and sharp leathery note. it does not smell dark to me. longevity is excellent.

Rating: 8.7/10

Cancerian1978

First spray you will smell ash tray but hold on for the dry down and you will be surprised with the number of heads turnning to you. It is not love at first smell. This one takes more time to get you there but it will get you at the end.

Imagesandwords
Imagesandwords

If Tom Fords Tuscan Leather were a wine, It would be a huge unapologetic Cabernet. This is massive leather with crushed blackberry,raspberry and saffron beneath it. This scent is sophisticated testosterone in a bottle that will bully all your other fragrances. Think Ron Swanson in a leather chair, smoking a cigar and drinking his Lagavulin whiskey by a crackling Yule log.

fsulka
fsulka

I have this on my arm right now. I can not stop smelling my arm. A smoky pipe filled with raspberry scented tobacco. Sitting in a leather chair while smoking that pipe and staring into a crackling fireplace. This is one of the most unique, heavenly, odd, pleasurable fragrances that I have smelled in a long time. Add all of that up and you have a masterpiece. This is brilliant. Brilliant I tell you.

It's damn expensive and I'm probably going to have to get another decant. I think that's all I will need as you can't really wear this every day and not just because of the price. Because you have to be in the moment with this fragrance. Connected to it.

One reviewer said something about loving it but not being sure they can leave the house with this on. Strangely, I understand that sentiment.

This is a wet dream for a fume head like me. This is not a fragrance for your Average Joe or for someone casually into fragrances. This is for the experienced for only they will appreciate this jewel.

SlackMaster
SlackMaster

I got a decant of this. I really like it. I layer it with Creed Aventus and really like the results.

When my decant runs out, I will be buying a full retail bottle.

appleorchard
appleorchard

Good stuff! The most unique fragrance I've ever smelled. It smells like a leather shop with a hint of raspberry syrup and cigarettes. I find this to be more of a novelty fragrance. Master perfumery at it's finest! But odd on people.

ChubbyPillow93
ChubbyPillow93

The SEXIEST PERFUME I've ever seen in my life.
IDK why some people think it belongs to women.
It's absolutely, undoubtedly for charming and romantic males.

Even though I'm not a big fan for leather scent, I've tested some very unique leather perfumes.But, excuse me I want to emphasize it, Tuscan Leather is the SEXIEST one.Maybe some would consider animalic scent like musk or civet notes as a symbol of sexy, but for me, there's never a standard.Tuscan Leather has grasped the core, the soul of fascination and seductiveness in a man.In the beginning the raspberry came out, but quite vague,almost drowned in the suede note.And after a few minutes the suede took the lead, it was a creamy...soft...even powdery suede scent, cosy but not feminine at all.Felt like it can read my mind!

Tuscan Leather balenced it so well.I could even envisage the figure of a glamourous italian man with a melting voice singing Bella figlia dell'amore(yes I mean Vittorio Grigolo lol I love him!)

But damn why is it so freakin' expensive.
already have a Xerjoff, can't afford another $200.

Toogle
Toogle

For me Nothing special.. Openning is crisp and sharp like Narciso rodriguez for him. When dry down leather is showing off with amber and nothing change at the end.

But it's actually not ending :))
This scent is Longevity and sillage beast.. it's smells days nearly :)
Scent is not unique or incredible, if you are a leather addict you have to buy as soon as possible.

longevity 9/10
Sillage 8/10
Scent 7/10

Cochlea
Cochlea

Richard Pryor said " I am not addicted to cocaine. I just like the way it smells."

*ahem* I have no idea what cocaine smells like but I do love the smell of this! I am a woman, I would love to own a bottle of this and wear it! The leather is strong, heavy and smoky! I like the soft raspberry! The medely of incense, amber and saffron are lovely.

The opening is amazing, a juicy raspberry with saffron. The scent becomes a little darker, harsher as the raspberry disappears and the leather enters, it is really nice, a high quality leather with smoke. The leather dominates on my skin. I get warm amber and olibanum, the leather is really strong.

The leather is becoming almost like suede on my skin, I sense the raspberry that was there at the top notes, but softer.
Forget all this masculine talk, I think that Tuscan Leather smells absolutely stunning on women!

As expected with Tom Ford Fragrances, longevity is long-lasting (I have dry skin) and sillage is loud for a few hours!

Yourhumblenarrator
Yourhumblenarrator

Okay I'll go ahead and throw myself under the bus here. There's a reason why people say that Tuscan Leather smells like cocaine: it does. And believe me boys and girls, it's not even in an "oh I guess I can see where you're coming from" kind of way. This fragrance's resemblance to the aforementioned party powder is totally uncanny. It also happens to smell like cocaine's favorite uncle: money. Ever seen Scarface? This is the scent of Tony Montana's office. Luxurious leather furniture, mountains of cocaine, and stacks of cash.

Sounds harsh? That's cause it is. This is a razor sharp, meaty, almost rawhide kind of leather that hits like a dominatrix whip to the face. The saffron and raspberry sweeten things up a bit, but if the opening scares you away there's a good chance you're not coming back. Unique, luxurious, and surprisingly versatile. Tuscan Leather has absolutely savage power and I smell it well into the next day. One or two sprays max and I don't even leave the house for an hour or two after applying.

Corpsefire
Corpsefire

"Look but don't touch"

You feel nose KO-ed by a strong non-animalic leather note.

Intriguing, dizziness (in a good way) inducing.

"Touch but don't taste"

You are compelled to get another whiff since the first one left you a bit dazzled because of that "something" layered in with the leather, something that you can't exactly pen down.

"Taste but don't swallow"

The inescapable core of that scent commands you to get closer, sniff deeper. Mental stimulation. Instant gratification.

The sweetness is natural and timid, the raspberry note is fickle among the leather.

Initially shocking, you are able to distinguish a kinky core that attracts you and are left always wanting more.

Its aura is present yet quirky: it rewards those who dare get closer with pleasures untold, the rest are either tools to be used or faceless beings who matter little when repulsed.

This is the smell of Sin: the more you try it, the bigger the craving, the harder it is to let go of.

With different versions and variations existing of it,never has it been outweighed,for it is the Original Sin .

It is playful and commanding. This is what Al Pacino wore while playing the Devil. None other scent would do.

This is Tuscan Leather.

NB: Obviously the Al Pacino reference is pure fiction :)

vadim
vadim

Smoky rassperies and some old leather. Great performance and huge longevity. Goes well in cold seasons for obvious reasons. Apart from that I think this is the best perfume in the private blend line.

derekjames
derekjames

Tested this stuff today, smells exactly like cocaine lol

RMB18

This is a "don't fuck with me" fragrance. The smell is phenomenal. This is my favorite scent I own. I just ordered my first bottle and unfortunately, its a late 2015 batch and the performance is quite disappointing. The scent is phenomenal nonetheless but I really wish this had better performance. The opening starts out with a strong potent Leather and quickly dries down to an ashy Leather with a tiny bit of sweetness from the raspberry. I personally wouldn't say its raspberry but it is a fruity sweetness. This is masculinity in a bottle. I don't find this daring at all. This scent just makes you feel like a total badass. I'm sorry but I can't see a woman pulling this one off.

Smell: 10/10
Projection: 6/10
Overall 8/10

onomastic
onomastic

Tom Ford( Magical) Tuscan Leather.

FourthSense
FourthSense

Tom Form Tuscan Leather is now for me a symbol of elegance. A refine perfume that won't allow you to use it on whatever occasion you might think of. Arrogant and masculine. A masterpiece.

This review is not about the notes. You already have them.
This note is rather meant as help for those that would like to have such a beautiful perfume but might not afford it for a while.

There has been the talk of clones for several of Tom Ford’s masterpieces, and even though I would rather stick to the originals, I do not mind to have some few clones.

There is a hidden jewel out there called “Brown Leather” from a company called ‘Fragrance World’. Not a really attractive name for a perfume company, but any way.
‘You should not judge’.

I received a sample after ordering a perfume from a seller in Kuwait. An even though I live in Europe, the shipping went well.

You already have read about people’s first positive impression after smelling a clone.

Well, my reaction belongs to the same line of positive impression. I have TF TL and was amazed at the fact that a cheap one had the same quality – smell – longevity and sillage as the original. (But who is the original, because I do not know when Brown Leather came out. If it came out before TC, then, who is clone of whom?).

Anyway. If you cannot afford TF-TL try this other beauty.

Frankee
Frankee

I'm so addicted to this stuff, my arm is glued to my nose all the time i wear it. I'm wearing it for me and me only. I don't care if the other noses don't like it. This is mine!

I think, i need a license for this. This is a weapon of mass-seduction!

Thank you Tom Ford for this. This is the perfect fragrance for MY NOSE! I love you Tuscan Leather, forever and ever! ❤️

This is the most complex fragrance i've ever had my nose on. It's changing from smokey, burned rubber to ashtray to raspberry to leather and back all the time. It's so gooooooood!

:-)

slee181
slee181

Most people will be put off by the smell but the more you wear it and not give a fck what they think, the more you appreciate this frag.

Leather + ashtray. Plain as it will get to describing this.

Smells similar to cocaine. You smell like you can afford coke, and you better goddamn be able to, if you're gonna buy Tom ford frags, cause you know you can't stop with just one.

Longevity and projection, y'all know what it is, it's good, but maybe too good so go easy on the trigger, you still gotta think about the people around you.

8.5/10

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

This has been my Holy Grail since it was introduced to me in 2009. One of my favorites. My ultimate leather fragrance. As much as I want to wear it. I find myself behaving strangely, and hiding it in my wine cooler with all my other special frags! I take it out only to wear it on certain days and I find myself trying to ration it. The bottle is still nearly full.
What a peculiar power this little guy has over me. He's got me whipped.

jingram212
jingram212

If you're into this for being noticeable, being a standout of a crowded place. People asking what you're wearing... This is one of those bad boys that will accomplish that for you. This speaks on its own... Does it smell like a dirty ashtray? Kinda. Does it smell like Cocaine? Kinda. But who cares? Lol, that's what makes it unique, confident, and a standout. This stuff is a monster on both Projection and Longevity. The trail this leaves must be huge. The other night i was wearing this at a bar... i went to take a leak i was standing in the bathroom washing my hands... Being this is about 2mins after i walked down the hall. I heard a lady outside telling someone... Daaammm somebody smells nice as f@%k!... I heard ... Yeah i know! Being i was the only one went thru there with a grin on my face i must admit i opened the door and there stood 2 knockouts waiting for the womens bathroom. I said hi as i passed and said its Tom Ford by the way.. Lol. Needless to say the redhead came up 2 me later flirting and wanting a free drink/drinks and of course id have to give in to it and the rest of the night went well also. Tom Ford introduced myself that night with a bang without me saying nothing at first. Thats what this will do. Yes its not cheap but 2shots of this is more than enough to last an whole evening and night easy. This i would say is for the older gents 30+ the more mature more self confident sharp dressed man. That's a little cocky but can pull it off. This is for you and i. Haha

Id definitely recommend this.
Tom Ford is a Boss!

kerrie.o'neill
kerrie.o'neill

Amazing, how do you bottle this scent. I just wanna own it so I can sniff it and be amazed all over again! Love love love.

Marino419
Marino419

I don't get the hype. Don't get me wrong, it smells good. This stuff is just inconsistent. Some bottles seem to be more potent while others die on my skin. I've extracted the juice and noticed color inconsistencies.

Out of the three I own, one is dark gold, the other is very light gold and the third is practically clear. The clear one is the one that actually lasts and projects with good raspberry notes. I didn't get raspberry very much in the darkest one. But on the most part, they are pretty much the same smell.

I just don't get why Tom Ford lacks in consistency with a lot of private blend. The sales rep I talked to denies any reformulation. The color alone tells you enough. At least Creed admits to their reformulas.

I just don't understand how so many other fragrance houses can stay consistent over the years.

Like I said, it does smell pretty good. I just can't justify refilling when my 3rd bottle runs out. There are better leathers out there for me to explore.

aambroj
aambroj

For me is very very similar to Cuero dela Toscana de Daniel Josier. Wonderful both !!

IHeartVetiver
IHeartVetiver

I own two bottles of this wonderful stuff!!! Once was purchased the first year it came out and the other was purchased last year.

I really can't get enough!!!

There is a definite reformulation when I compare my two bottles purchased from Saks. The older stuff is what I prefer. The leather is less in your face and the raspberry notes are there to balance this stuff. It also appears to be clear in color and less syrupy. It also has a stronger alcohol smell. It does last longer though despite that harsher opening. With the newer formula, I feel a nauseating leather overload. By drydown they are pretty much the same. I just like the journey with the older stuff better.

Prereformulation: 10/10
Current stuff: 8/10

Forget Freeman
Forget Freeman

I think this is a nice scent, but let's be honest, at this price range it would need to be!

Very animalistic and a refined raw quality make this very interesting to me, I want to get a larger bottle to see if I'll still feel the same way after repeated wearing.

Although it's classed as unisex this is a man's colonge IMHO.

Bit sharp in initial application but settles nicely after half an hour.

Fragboy702
Fragboy702

This has to be one of the best in the genre.lots of copy cats but none come close. Like montale's aoud leather the leather in that is similar same with godolphin or ccc but all those lack the deepness that Tuscan leather offers. Also Tuscan leather has a note of olibinum which is like incense kinda like the one on interlude man and it gives it a smoky leather with a undertone of saffron and a bit of sweetness coming from the berries. Just a truly masterpiece for this era. You can go the cheap route and get Montale or the PDM but those are boring and don't last as long as this beauty.

ohjac
ohjac

Not much leather or even suede here. No cow, horse, pig, goat, buffalo, or other beast-hide. This is a berry concoction that's not much different from Acqua Di Parma's 'leather' offering.
Not really masculine or semibutch. Guerlain's Shalimar is more rugged. It smells like cheap hide jackets that have been hanging too long downwind from a candy stand. I ride a motorcycle and have driven cars & trucks cross-country as well, and there is nothing reminiscent of any of that here. Forget about petrol, diesel, exhaust or motor oil. Cloistered surburbanites or ghetto denizens might imagine something beyond the mall, but all I get is the perfume counter or hair salon.
I find these reviews incredible. Seriously, I wonder if TF doesn't have lots of folks on his payroll to create thr olfactory illusion of Leather. It's the only way I can justify the absurd cost of this fluid.

domcho
domcho

Another heaven in bottle... I adore this scent, even if it was bought by blind I will never regret it, because the smell of Leather and Vanilla(which is not there) and Suede is outstanding..Longetivity is forever. Its very sexy scent not for everyone, but in a cold days, especcially when its freezing, its my signature one.
Well done Tommy, you Bang :))))))

darrenwrite
darrenwrite

This is a well rounded smokey leather fragrance with a bit of raspberry. Great performance as well

shandy zamrud
shandy zamrud

If you go to middle east,just visit rasasi perfume shop and you will get la yuqawam pour homme for AED250,that is clone of TL and more longlasting

Stoneseeker
Stoneseeker

I finally got a hold of a sample of this stuff. It is every bit as exquisite as they say. I don't get Raspberry as much as I get suede or leather basking in a floral/saffron soap. It is complex and changes softly over the course of the first couple hours. Starts off almost more sweet and flowery and then leather settles in as time goes on. highest regard for this and I think I prefer it to Noble Leather by Yves St. Laurent which is bigger and more robust and often overwhelming.

OneMoreScent
OneMoreScent

It definitely smells like leather but much, much more concentrated. It's so strong in the beginning that it is unbearable and repulsive. I had to scrub this one off, unfortunately.

projectalice345

to DIE for. its so fabulous and amazing. If you like leather smells as I am obsessed with then you must have this one. the raspberry is divine. I ordered a small tester online for like 10$ which i recommend.

muradrafique
muradrafique

This fragrance immediately makes you fall in love with the person who is wearing it. It is meant for special occassions. I bought it after I went through the reviews here and I am not disappointed, tather loving every spray of i5s awesomeness.

anita beaulieu
anita beaulieu

I had this huge bottle at home for a long time and was just waiting temperatures to go down before wearing it again. here I am, I love this scent. For sure it will warm up my winter

Totroy
Totroy

This is a good alternative for men that can not handle the depth and intensity of CCC.
Scent= 10/10

colombianscents
colombianscents

One of my favorite fragrances of all times ! I've been putting this to the side because of the fact that there are a million copies of this out there. But this fragrance was the one that got me into loving leather fragrances. I'll give the credit to Tom Ford since this started the whole Tuscan leather copies thing. Anyway great fragrance and awesome longevity and projection !!!

RoyalPerez516
RoyalPerez516

LOVE Tom Ford and all that man creates, it's just magical...but...

I was heartbroken when I sampled this. I even sampled it many times over hoping it was just a bad bottle the last time. All I smell is blow, blow and a bit of raspberry. Perhaps my crazy youth has gotten the best of me, and for all those years I spent "lost" in the world and walking down dark paths, perhaps they have finally caught up to me and I am now thus castigated by smelling this iconic fragrance!

Unfortunately I cannot get anywhere near this fragrance, if it didn't smell like cocaine perhaps I would enjoy it.

I do NOT condone the use of drugs, they are bad for you and almost ruined my life!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Givenchy Hot Couture + leather. I did not expect the raspberry note to be so overpowering. Despite the strong smokey leather note, it smells lady-like, sweet and mature to my nose. Great lasting power and not too bad in general, but I'm not sure I would spend big $$ on it.

Mtp777mtp
Mtp777mtp

There is a perfume in Qatar airways duty free onboard (voile Blanc) its exactly identical. Voile Blanc is cheaper in term of price but the sillage and longevity is far better than Tuscan leather Tom Ford. I bought the Voile Blanc onboard of a qatar airways flight duty free before. Later on i bought Tuscan leather by Tom Ford but i didnt test it before buying. When i opened and sprayed i noticed i have the same fragrance but it has different bottle shape and brand. But honestly if you are looking to by a cheaper version and ofcourse more sillage and longevity try to find Voile Blanc. But Voile blanc is just exclusive in Qatar airways flight. Anyway Irrespective of my comment above, you will find a unique smell in this fragrance i mean both tuscan leather and voile blanc. They are like twins. These perfumes are among those you should wear it on when you want to be special and classy, charming and chic. Especially in cold weather ( fall and winter) with a suede outfit. I just say this perfume is nice, its giving you more class. Its a masterpiece. I recommend gentlemen.

10 of 10

AlmalkiJeme
AlmalkiJeme

عطر خطي.. بمكونات نقية.. لكني افضل شراء جزمة ايطاليه فخمة بقيمته وبرائحته

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - raspberry, mature leather.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, I didn't get a compliment.

Longevity - I get 12hrs consistently.

Theodorapo
Theodorapo

Five compliments in two days!this magical tuscan leather potion is the best.

Wolfgang Mazrin
Wolfgang Mazrin

Definitely smells like nice a nice leather jacket on the top. In the middle, the raspberry really shows through and at the base I get a leather mixed with almost smoky woodsy feel. It is a nice complex luxury scent. My wife loves it on me!!!

PureLavishness
PureLavishness

What can I say that hasn't already been said. This is my #1 fragrance when I want to make a statement and stand out. TL has tremendous staying power. It is loud but not in an obnoxious way. I absolutely love this authentic leather smell and the dry down is such an adventure. The subtle sweetness of the raspberry is really the cherry on the top for this masterpiece. It never gets old. This is a complex fragrance and I feel it is a bit too masculine for women to wear even though it is a unisex fragrance. I'd say 25 and up should wear this. Every time I sniff my fragrances this one seems to go the opposite way. It is non-conforming but that isn't necessary a bad thing. TFTL...I love you.

ken.z008
ken.z008

Safralein, suedtral, patchouli, ionones, rubbery/petrol notes, coumarin, dry woods, and powdery musk is what I smell. It definitely smells like a nice brand new leather purse or a gucci leather jacket. My feelings about this perfume is neutral. It burned my nostrils upon initial spray but the drydown is quite nice and nostalgic(not ref to coke, never tried it); comparable to 1 million. If you like leathery, smokey, dry woods, and the smell of newly printed money, this is for you! Make sure you wear that nice huge diamond cocktail ring!

Rerik
Rerik

I have tried a lot of leather scents but this is the weirdest one. It´s not that I am a leather fetishist. But leather makes fragrances smell masculine, dark, mysterious. Some smell like tar, some like machine oil and other like dirt. Tuscan Leather is a different category, it´s difficult to describe. Leather, raspberry and some salty/powdery flowers rounded up with amber. The result is a sweet creamy leather. Definitely made for men and women.

Johnnyacl

Well, this is simply my #1 scent ever! I´ve never smelled anything like this. Far better than Tobacco Vanille, in my opinion.

RMB18

all these people coming in saying how it smells like coke... Lol stop trying to sound like a badass. More than half of you have never even seen coke before, let alone, try it.

Edit: to the reviewer above me, in a popular song by the artist Drake, he said the line "Tom Ford Tuscan Leather smellin like a brick." There are numerous Drake fanboys saying it smells exactly like cocaine just because Drake said it. Or they lie about it because they try to sound like a badass. I wasn't saying that no one on here has done cocaine, I'm saying not all the people who claim they have done it have not. It's a very addictive drug and very expensive. The odds of all of these people doing coke are low. If someone is dumb enough to try cocaine, they probably aren't smart enough to get a job where they can afford a $300 Cologne and still have enough to pay their bills and buy food. And cocaine depending on their experience lol

michalc
michalc

Smells literally like a leather car interior mixed with just a normal new car interior with a touch of raspberry, and it's a very distinctive raspberry. It then dries down to more of a distinctive suede note but eventually just becomes a smudge of a leathery smell with a soft woody accord perhaps. Really nothing special and certainly doesn't smell like high quality leather which is what I'd expect from the price of this fragrance.
What I will say is that I find this fragrance very nauseating just from a sample after a while and really not pleasant.
The performance is nothing special either, projection dies down very quickly and doesn't even last as long as I'd expected. 7-10 hours but most of that being a close skin scent.

iBehnam
iBehnam

با این عطر ناخوداگاه خودتو خیلی شیک میبینی ، حتی اگه شلوار کردی پات باشه با زیر پیرهن ! مطمئناً مناسب فصول سرده. رایحه ی چرمیش بهت اجازه نمیده که هر جایی از این عطر استفاده کنی، به درد محیط های رسمی میخوره و فوق العاده است. ماندگاری عالی و پخش بوی خوب. اگه دنبال یه عطر خاص برای قرار های رسمیتون میگردید این عطر فوق العادست

RIV
RIV

I was bought this fragrance as a gift for my 25th birthday and was told that it suited me like no other.

At first I thought this smelled of a cocaine filled sheep shed. However, the die down is incredible and so masculine, I can't believe how awesome saffron, raspberries and leather reflect of each other. Incredible.

When it comes to compliments, this is the only fragrance that has ever got as many compliments as Dior Homme Intense. But completely different.

arijitfrens
arijitfrens

This one did grow on me with time and now i am totally loving it... Excellent stuff.. 10/10

July_Alexander

No. All I get is cocaine. Tried wearing it to see if anything would change throughout the day, but nope. I have a little less that 5ml decant if anyone if interested.

mihirsurti
mihirsurti

First thing that comes in mind is "Horse leather" and after 1hr 15mins it smells like thick Raspberry juice then after 2 hrs Cocaine comes in

paramedic
paramedic

You want to feel rich
You want to be a prince or a Lord
You want to feel like a businessman

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

I can understand why my son is so fond of this fragrance. It is soft leather and elegant smokiness. It's described as unisex and I love leather perfumes, but I'll leave this one to the guys. Sophisticated, masculine and 'come hither'!

walking44
walking44

This is a gorgeous smoky raspberry fragrance! Its dark and bitter, yet soft and musky. I totally get wasabi and leather. Smells like the inside of a leather purse with some sort of gourmet white chocolate raspberry dessert. Smells like the embodiment of a rich person.

globus pallidus
globus pallidus

In the case of Tuscan Leather, what you read is what you get. Actual leather. Pricey, high end, new-car-smell leather. Instead of being a note in the traditional sense, it is the whole concept, supported or rather visualized by a spicy saffron, an artificial raspberry tartness and the chemicals for tanning and coloring.

RMB18

Okay I am 18 years old. I have watched and read numerous reviews about pretty much every popular fragrance there is. Most of the hyped ones I find myself not liking. I went up to a stand with Tom Ford's entire Private Blend and got a sample of this and Tobacco Vanille. Tobacco Vanille is a little too mature for me but I respect it. Tuscan leather on the other hand... EASILY the best scent I've ever smelled.
Last week I went into a store that sold makeup and creed fragrances and sampled Aventus and had my heart set on getting it. I got my sample and asked if there was anywhere he knew of that sold private blend fragrances. He reccomended me to another mall an hour away. I went there a week later and smelled Tuscan leather... And let's just say I won't be purchasing Aventus until I have this in my collection. Aventus is very good and my second favorite fragrance ever. But this thing is heaven. Straight up, it smells like leather. Leather and smoke like an ashtray. Sexiest scent I've ever smelled.

FORTEZZA
FORTEZZA

Smells like a nice leather purse, or a leather section of a Gucci store, for about an hour then you start to smell a sweeter base suede and raspberry. This is easily the most authentic and sumptuous leather scents on the market. Totally full bottle worthy and a masterpiece.

Top 10 Tom Ford

psychdoc
psychdoc

This is a perfect leather fragrance by Tom Ford. The notes are a bit more masculine than feminine, though any femme fatale or dominatrix will pull it off well.

JB007
JB007

This fragrance is fantastic, and much more complex than at first whiff.

Dry, tanned leather, notes of fruit, smoke, baseball gloves. Very masculine, and very effective when worn in small amounts. Some might not know it was a fragrance if it was light enough. Great to mix with other fragrances for depth and masculinity.

Godinezmarco
Godinezmarco

I enjoy this cologne and wear it to fine events, as it is a elegant cologne.

The leather smell that comes in here is top quality..

The cologne drys down a bit and then all I smell is cocaine.

cocaine cocaine cocaine.

I bought the 50 ml for 240 at nordstrom...expensive juice. probably because its full of cocaine lol

Pare159
Pare159

One of the cleanest leather scents. No animalic smell but raspberry and leather. The Original was the best quality vs Recent releases which are watered down. A must have for the avid fragrance collector.

LisaMari

Update - it seems that the cigarette smoke stage was just the mid notes, now it has settled down into delicately sweet, fresh sandalwood and clean, soft leather.. I know sandalwood is not listed but that's what it smells like to me.

LisaMari

I love the cool opening, its just like a cold leather jacket but then a few hours later the amber and thyme takes over and it becomes a lot like stale cigarette smoke ;( which I hate so I don't know whether to like or dislike it

Beaky72
Beaky72

This is the finest fragrance I own, it's as classy as it gets, it's different to anything your friends will have and it stands alone as the king in its class. And woman love it.

roo_p
roo_p

…I don’t know, yet. I’ve tried it once, and had to wash it off after a while. There’s definitely a nice leather/suede in the back, very dry like vetiver.

But for me, it caught an almost overwhelming creamy, citrusy vibe. If you know Allure Homme Edition Blanche, the top felt almost *exactly* the same.

I’ll have to try again later, but if the creaminess still comes to the fore and lingers, I’m afraid this one isn’t for me.

iwhiffwaft
iwhiffwaft

I love this stuff. Smells like sweet leather. Not a lady killer though. I can't believe more women don't seem to like this. I love wearing it and its my guilty pleasure. Unfortunately, I won't say its a complement getter. This is my white T shirt, leather jacket, blue jean and cowboy boots scent.

secamel
secamel

One of my favorite fragrances to wear for the office. It will make you smell competent and you will probably get a raise if your boss smells it on you. And you will need a raise cause it's really expensive.

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

This cologne is REALLY incredible. The name describes it well.

The first time I sprayed it on, it hit me. ...it reminded me of a very particular aroma.

When I was a kid, i remember trying to wear my grandpa's old leather bomber jacket. --You know, the type with the woolen collar? The jacket just had a smell, an aroma, an aura. It smelled like all the fun and cool things my grandpa liked to do. It smelled of tobacco pipe smoke, a gentleman's hint of some sort of booze, old exhaust-beaten leather and it smelled dirty, but earthen and not odorous.

I wish I could post an old photo of him in that jacket. The picture alone would exude "Tuscan Leather".

The dry down doesn't change the aroma as much as some other Tom Ford samples I've tried, it stays consistently the same type of aroma from start to finish. I really enjoyed it, didin't love it though. 8/10 for me.

**If you ride motorcycles, wear this on rides, let some of it get on your jacket or vest.

erkek
erkek

TR:
Deri magazasi gibi kokuyor. Temiz yeni ve ofis kokusu sevenler için uygun. Kaliteli bir deri kokuyor. Kokunun gidişatı gittikçe güzelleşiyor ve yaklasik 3 saat sonra cok daha guzel bir hal aliyor. Kalıcılık harika. Şahsi düsüncem cok degerli bir koku..

EN:
One word, leather store. For can be useful office workers. Clean and new feeling with this scent. Better and better as time goes by 3 hours.. Sillage is can not be successful. Longevity great. Costly scent!

Longevity : 9,4/10
Sillage: 6/10

Alon
Alon

Is the kning naked?

If you wouldn't know it is a Tom Ford's 200$ fo 50 ml ...
Would you wear it on?
I wouldn't!!!!
to my opinion: It is VERY SPECIAL, UNIC and OUTSTANDING SCENT, BUT NOT A GOOD PERFUME!!!
Is too dry, too Smokey and too offensive (huge sillage)

3 women hinted me that I smell like after spending the night near a camp fire and SHOULD SHOWER!!
I got one complement from one of them AFTER saying "it is a Tom Ford perfume "
(Just supporting what I thought about it)
take off the TOM FORD reputation. This is not a good perfume (at least not for me)

You wanna make it better? Layer it with some sweet perfume. ....
so why waste good money on it in the first place?

It was a gift and I traded it for a cheaper and more pleasant one

I know some DO like it
I DON'T! !!!!!!!
Sorry guys

jojoh19
jojoh19

Wow....just wow. This is about as close to a masterpiece as it gets, in my opinion of course. I am a baseball freak, and to me there is nothing that smells better than a perfectly broke-in top grain leather baseball glove. TL is pure leather, a little smoke and a smooth finish that blends all the notes together in perfect harmony!

Valentina_Dreams
Valentina_Dreams

I haven't come across a scent yet that reproduces the warmth of saddle leather, the sweetness of a fall or late summer day out horseback riding, and just the ruggedness of the outdoors. I find this to be a very unisex scent, one that anyone can wear and yet not smell like a cowboy! The lasting power of it is amazing, very thick, blending in with skin and clothing to the point where it goes beyond signature scent to *your* body's scent.

I was given just a few drops of this left over from a sample vial. When I first wore it, well, let's just say my jacket still smells like this scent weeks later, especially on the collar. During the times when I can't visit my family's horses (those lovely animals have a suede-warmth replicated well with the leather, plus there's that fresh grass/hay smell deep within stemming also from the raspberry, woods, amber, and thyme perfectly) I just inhale the scent still left inside the sample bottle.

It's that nice. Not a scent I'd wear everyday, but one that I turn back to for occasional moments of necessary joy.

landshark321
landshark321

A classically-masculine smooth leather, with elements of woodiness and smokiness. This mostly lives up to the hype, though I'm not surprised since most Tom Ford Private Blend fragrances impress on uniqueness or strength at least. As I'm not typically a fan of leather notes, I was surprised how agreeable this was. I cannot detect the raspberry note specifically, though some of the floral/grassy elements are there.

Projection and longevity are both strong (more than a foot, and 8+ hours), though not as a strong as other TF PB cold weather entries like Tobacco Vanille or Noir de Noir. Nonetheless, it's worth trying and considering, even for the price tag, as it's well-crafted and pretty highly-concentrated

If I were bigger on leather, I would surely opt for this. Any man should try it for himself, though, even those like me that are not usually too keen on leather.

8 out of 10

mhaddad88
mhaddad88

I have to admit I did not like this when I first put it on. I thought it smelled like an ashtray. However it has become one of my favorite scents. When I wear this, I cannot stop bringing my wrist up to my nose every few minutes.

I was going to take my girlfriend out on a date and was thinking about putting on this fragrance. I was a bit nervous because I did not know if she would have the same first reaction I did when I smelled it. We went out to the car and she gave me a hug and a kiss and said "you smell.... expensive....it's hot." In the car on our way to our destination, she said "next time I'm going to bring my pillow case and rub it all over you so I can smell you when I sleep."

Now I can't guarantee that all women would react the same way. I see this fragrance as either love it or hate it. For me and my girlfriend? Definitely a 'love it.'

What does it actually smell like? To me, it smells like fresh, expensive leather. Imagine wearing a brand new very expensive thousands of dollars leather jacket while smoking a cigar. That's what it smells like at first, with the raspberry acting like a little tease of sweetness in the back. After a while, the leather starts to fade and the fragrance gets more floral and ambery.

Amazing fragrance. 10/10

goodluck28
goodluck28

When wearing this fragrance .. It's like you are a very wealthy man .. Or maybe a member of a Royal family .. Very classy scent .. The ingredients are perfectly blended the leather Amber and raspberry and etc .. You really can tell expensive ingredients used in this fragrance..A masterpiece .. No wonder it is tried to be copied like in the line of Clive Christian

jsaliga
jsaliga

I obtained a sample and was expecting to be blown away, but frankly I was very underwhelmed. The scent is quite nice, but on my skin sillage is weak and Tuscan Leather sits close to skin. I got about 8 hours of longevity out it. Not something I would pay $200 to $300 for. I find Montale Aoud Leather to be much better as it has a bit more longevity and impressive sillage for a lot less money.

Update: I'm going to eat my words because I just ordered a 100ml bottle of Tuscan Leather. :-) I'm not sure why my frist couple of wearings didn't impress me, It could have been that I was on leather overlead as I have been wearing a lot of leather frags lately. I put Tuscan Leather down for about a week and came back to it (my sample was 7.5ml) and was much more favorably impressed. So much so that I ended up ordering a bottle.

July_Alexander

Blind-bought a 5ml decant of this frag and honestly cannot stand it. Too spicy and just smells awful on me. I gave it the whole day to see if it would change but unfortunately it did not. I will say that towards the end of the day my girlfriend said I smelled good, there's probably something I'm missing but I won't ever wear it again. I do agree with eric.cius that it reminds me of the booger sugar. Maybe that's it. Oh well. Pm me if you would like to trade or purchase the decant. Or I might just Craigslist it lol.

eric.cius
eric.cius

Okay so I finally got a 10ml decant from the Holt Renfrew for free. You catch the right SA on the right day I guess.
Much more masculine than I thought it would be. Especially after trying tobacco vanille, eww what a mess.
Soooo, yup. Smells like doing a Harley. A big fat line. If youve ever done coke before, good coke, this will have your bowels doing the twist.
But beyond that, yes this is nice. A great leather...not the best, not even close.
Great raspberry, not too sweet or cloying.
A synthetic mess that somehow works...well not somehow, it smells like you just did a gagger, of course it works lol.
Last the minimum for what you'd expect for 3 bills.
Becomes more feminine as it drys down
6.8/10

Germany
Germany

TUSCAN LEATHER is an amazing scent that has been tried to be copied by a few houses , it's very well made , smooth and truly gourgous in it's genere. In my opinion it still is better on a man than on a woman but I am not saying women can't pull this off ( I want to pull it off) I believe at the right time to the right occasion on the right woman this may just be the most stunning fragrance ever , to thank the raspberry this scent is truly wonderful! I keep a small jar handy and dab it on just to get the feel and smell here and there wafting around. I am still scared to get a big bottle and spraying it on me, just not sure if that would take away my femininity or enhance my wild side!?
I now discovered BLACK SAFFRON a very similar but safer version , sweetened with raspberries and not as much of a smokey feel , in my opinion a friendlier sweeter companion of Tuscan, a safer version for the ones that are afraid they can't pull Tuscan off or are scared it may be too masculine for them.
Another more femine choice for a similar leather feel is WHITE SUEDE one of my favourite fragrances in the world. But its an angel compared to Tuscan.

Also a nice idea for how to wear Tuscan in a more sweeter feminine way is to sweeten it with another favourite perfume that you have , it just adds some femininity to it and makes it really great, at least for me. You can add vanilla or a raspberry dominant perfume or jasmine , something to brighten it really works well :) I actually have a raspberry lotion from the body shop and a raspberry hand cream , I use that first and then TUSCAN leather. Makes it more feminine. And reminds me even more of my favourite perfume, BLACK SAFFRON.

Also another thing I just realized and I am super excited about;
If you spray your clothes instead of skin the RASBERRY comes out way more and it's fruitier and sweeter. I never realized this as I have only a 5ml TF jar , I wanted to see how it smells sprayed and filled some in a spray vial.
Now I have a better feel for it, it's quite fruity when sprayed on clothes. But it still isn't as fruity and sweet as Black saffron. I would say if the lady wears black saffron and her man Tuscan , they would make an incredible match !
But in the end it still contains to much of a tabaco note for my own skin.

Manscents
Manscents

I love leather scents and Tom Ford Tuscan Leather (sample from TPC - theperfumedcourt.com) does not disappoint! Thyme was very present at first, but I only caught a whiff of raspberry up top then more developed later. I detected leather on opening, the heart and at the base. A very rich, expensive leather with a hint of smokiness to it and a background of suede at drydown.

I wore this to work (big mistake!), and it was a bit much for the office. In future, I’d wear this in more casual settings or a night out. The projection and sillage are incredible (which I adore) so a little over the top to my nose for a professional setting. I would step out of my office and return 15-20 minutes later and still smell “me” in the room. I put this on before work in the morning and it was almost as strong when I got home at night 10 hours later! I also used 4 sprays (chest, neck, wrists), and next time I’d probably just do 1 good spray to the chest. I had forgotten before putting this on it was an EDP.

IMO this is really a very masculine scent and I’m not convinced it is unisex. Unless you REALLY love being enveloped in the scent of leather all day this should be avoided, and the scent is enhanced beautifully when outside in the cold weather - Yum!! I’d recommend only 1 – 2 good sprays. I love this, and will probably procure a small 5ml vial from TPC since you can buy small quantity juice there, just to have some on hand for special occasions when I want a sophisticated leather fragrance.

As always, your results may vary!

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

It certainly is not for everyone.

But if it works for you then it really is something special.

Best leather ever created as far as I am concerned, and it has spawned quite a few clones so it must be doing something right.

TL can be slightly changeable depending on when you wear it, or at least I find it is anyway. But when it hits you just right, and you get that smoky leather blended with soft raspberry...Then WOW, it is just insane!

Opulent, rich, extravagant, even a little bit over-the-top. The scent Tony Montana in Scarface would use, whether that is a good or bad thing depends on your own interpretation.

Oudy
Oudy

Snorting a line of coke whilst sitting in the back of a Bentley and burning raspberry incense. Let's party Tom ford style!

I'm not really a big fan of this effort from the Tom Ford machine. It's an ok fragrance, but I always feel like I don't have enough chest hair with cheap gold chains running through it on display through an unbuttoned shirt to wear this. I've had the same 4 mil sample for months and have only gotten through about half. Also, the leather smells a bit plastic to me.

On the plus side it hangs on like one of Hugh Hefners playmates, and you can smell it from 100 feet away if your downwind. Sometimes that's not always a good thing.

Scent 3/10
Projection 12/10
Fortitude 10/10

FeelingRisky
FeelingRisky

Overall: 9/10
Here's Why:
TF Tuscan Leather is sexy. it's masculine, its gritty, it's warm and it's sweet.
Vibes: Walking into a very upscale tuscan estate full of giant rawhide leather uphoulstered chairs with a vanilla bean fragrance diffuser somewhere in the background. Oil, vanilla and musk. I imagine the man that owns this house has a garage full of car's and motorcycles.
It's that good.

surrealdesi
surrealdesi

The best Tom Ford fragrance among the private blend line, no contest. The leather is simply intoxicating, sensual and long lasting. My signature cologne without a doubt.

darlosu
darlosu

TL = Italian Cosa Nostra mobs in black suits!

abdooelfake
abdooelfake

finally i got 250ml bottle omg iam so in love with this sweet leather smell followed by some amazing florals notes that my types of fav perfumes

PierreBr
PierreBr

This is my go to Sexy leather! Its awakes a primal hunger. Chicks love this stuff. Winter/fall nights + demin/leather/bikerjacket = Irresisteble! Does smell like __candy for some reason.
Starts off quite masculine and dies to unisex.

Lasts: 12-16 Hrs
Projects: first 3Hrs solid , another 4Hrs of decent bubble, then skinscent.
Occasion: Any badboy shenanigans.

No 11 all time favourite , it's that good.
**ROCKSTAR JUICE**

Calamity
Calamity

Most people are introduced to Tuscan Leather through Drake's song named as such. Personally, I have been an avid lover of Tom Ford through the James Bond franchise and so far he has not let me down, until now. Well, it's more of my body's fault, not his, nor the fragrances.

The numerous times I have went to my local Holt Renfrew, I have smelt this fragrance both on my skin and the Tom Ford fragrance cards. While on the card, it smells bold. You can really feel how much of a powerhouse this fragrance like it's tobacco counterpart, Tobacco Vanille. The raspberry comes out and you can smell that beautiful $10,000 leather jacket--it's flawless. Sadly though, when I apply it to my skin, it does not have that same oomph it does on the card. As soon as I spray it, it smells slightly lighter than I initially smelt on the fragrance card. Everything becomes meshed together and I am unable to appreciate the beauty in Tom Ford's creation. Two or three hours later, the smell eventually dissipates and becomes very close to the skin. While I have talked to the Tom Ford associate who has told me that this is unusual, I think this is just a problem with my skin and oil chemistry, and sadly, I will be seeking an alternative leather scent.

In conclusion, I find that leather scents are vastly harder to pull off than a tobacco or oud based scent. While the scent is beautiful and is a wonderful creation from Tom Ford, please do test it before investing in a bottle. The scent is wonderful and if your body chemistry works well with it, do not hesitate to purchase it. If not, an alternative leather scent I would recommend would be Acqua Di Parma's Colonia Leather. It's lighter than Tuscan Leather but works extremely well and smells beautiful, yet I only recommend this as an alternative as if I could wear Tuscan Leather, I would. Trust me.

marcus71x
marcus71x

Not bad and lasts a long time, but just not really my thing.

becuille
becuille

I quit smoking a couple of years ago, and the thing that most helped me to stay quit was smelling other smokers and realising I must have smelled like that (and wasting so much money on my beloved perfumes!). Unfortunately, that smoker smell is all I get from this on my skin. It's exactly like an ashtray on me.

After around an hour, I get the faintest hint of raspberry which lasts for around an hour. Towards the end, I get a sense of the leather, which is lovely, for all there is of it.

But apart from that, it's all ashtray. Stale cigarettes and a smell that reminds me of something I don't want in my life any more.

This is definitely one of those challenging perfumes. I can imagine if it works for you, you've got yourself something really special. But if it doesn't, it REALLY doesn't.

Muzoona

In middle east Tuscan leather is very famous and appreciated to most of people. Well after 6 years of releasing it into the market. people get used of it and there are a lot of perfumes are copying it. Now i feel its a old fashion fragrance. Tom Ford has to have same Tuscan leather with a little kick in new bottle with new ingredients.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

A pleasant and nice scent indeed, as much leathery as tons of other contemporary leather-based scents (suederal-safraleine type), without any particular twist that lets this stand alone in the crowd. Classy and refined for sure, in a rather safe and tamed down way though: "brownish", smoky, crisp and clean like a new pair of leather brogues. Not bad, actually rather pleasant, just a bit overpriced for the quality. And in fact there's quite some cheaper alternatives which do the same job: Godolphin by Parfums de Marly, Golden Boy by Dueto for instance.

6,5-7/10

Bellissima
Bellissima

Oh my Tom Lord! This is the sexiest leather perfume out there. The leather note together with this kinda gasoline note at the beginning sound so raw and tempting. Even the raspberry that appears later does not sound too sweet in this ensemble. I own Tuscan Leather for almost a year now and still can't get enough. I use it almost every day, I literally forgot about my other perfume masterpieces, they fade in comparison to this sexy raw leather. Bravo, Mr Ford, this was 100% worth the risk! This one is for both sexes, however, I, in my 24, enjoy wearing this on a daily basis instead of floral or sweet crowd pleasers. I think that on a girl this one sounds even more tempting and dangerous than on a man cause of provocativeness and unexpected tough perfume choice.

Syzygy73
Syzygy73

Decadent, indulgent, seductive. Choose any adjective that applies to sensuality and wealth and you have the thinking behind Tuscan Leather. It's probably TF's best scent. Date night quality, manly. If the guy in the Old Spice 'I'm on a horse' stopped wearing Old Spice, he'd wear this.

abdul hammad
abdul hammad

I have experienced most of the Tom Ford's Private Blend offerings and loved most of them. They are simple yet so rich.

This one however didn't impress or interest me much apart from it's distinctiveness and of course superb longevity and projection.

I don't like it because the raspberry, in pursuit of balancing the ruggedness of leather becomes dominant and makes the overall smell girly in a juvenile way and sour. Despite finding it girly I still won't recommend it to a lady because I believe that the leather is still rugged and pronounced enough to be unsuitable for women.

Longevity and projection: 9/10
Distinctiveness: 9/10

LJC91
LJC91

Tuscan Leather
Private Blend
TOM FORD

-----

Leather never smelt so sweet. Nor so sumptuous.

Not one to revel in cracked motorcycle jackets and oil rags (see Tauer Perfumes No. 3 for that, albeit with an added medicinal edge), Tom Ford’s Tuscan Leather is all natural. This is the smell of a tannery closed for the holidays, ringed by a conglomerate of raspberry thickets. The smell of the inside of a newly produced, high-quality ladies handbag on a warm summer’s day. More than these most superficial of images, Tuscan Leather is the smell of absolute contentedness, bordering on unconscious pride.

From first to last, Tuscan Leather simultaneously warms the nostrils and skin – the latter no doubt in more of a psychological way than biological – and as such is perfect for cold Winter months. Projection is ample and longevity even more so; spray this on your clothes and the scent will stick, cloying to the fabric for days after use. A thorough wash will remove it, but only after the fact.

How much? £215 for 100ml

Should you buy this fragrance? Yes. And fork out the c. £80 extra to go from 50ml to 100ml. It’s an incredibly more-ish fragrance, so you’ll be very glad for the surplus.

Essential? It is perhaps the only fragrance of the Tom Ford Private Blend range that I would consider truly essential. A must for anyone looking for an immersive, multi-faceted leather scent.

landon1

I want this so bad. Sampled it and I'm gonna save

trippy
trippy

as a "leatherhead" I own several leather chypre..this is one of my favs, maybe the one I love the most because is rough, raw leather..extremely butch..can't see a woman wearing this, to me the best of the Ford line!

houstcs

This is captured by the sweaty back of a leather watch band after a night at the local college bar, not sure that's classy? It's not a bad smell, just not a smell that can be justified for more than 20-30$. Was maybe expecting more. As below, I get intense leather opening followed quickly by smoke from cigarettes, and then the raspberry as well. Wife smelled and said "gross! Ash tray"
So what about perry Ellis 1985 man, I remember ashtray from that too

Bunino
Bunino

You want leather? Tuscany Per Uomo. Save a few bucks.

Poncher
Poncher

@camposg's Review would seem similar to mine. I would compare this scent to my father's smokey leather jacket. He is a smoker but he also uses cologne to get rid of the smell of the smoke. Tuscan Leather smells great but it just reminds me of that jacket.

LadyKiller
LadyKiller

Before I start I'm going to make it so so so clear to you guys.This fragrance is all classy.Quality to the roof man this is amazing.It smells rich complex luxurious and I only pick this up for special occasions.
Scent : 9.5/10
Projection Longevity Sillage : 10/10 It is beast on me
Overall : 9.5/10
A must have for formal occasions.

Rorshach1004
Rorshach1004

The perfume opens with a smoky, spicy scent and you are left wondering why its called ‘Tuscan Leather.' Wait a while though, as that leather kicks in after ten minutes or so, and when it does it’s a lovely compliment to the already very impressive scent. This is a serious, sophisticated perfume. A signature scent for the strong independent type who knows what he wants, and knows where he’s going. Geesh, I sound like a perfume advert now, but that’s what the scent does to me. It conjures up images of confident individuals doing whatever confident individuals do. I could wear this one. Not everyday, but I could wear it on those rare occasions when I need to take life seriously. This is a scent to wear when things need to be sorted out. It will stick an iron rod through your spine, giving you the confidence to do what you need to do, and to do it properly.

Johnnyacl

This is simply the best fragrance I know. I started to be a tricky one, but with time, Tuscan Leather became among favorites, if not the #1. Simply AMAZING!!!!

Sweet Sea Pea
Sweet Sea Pea

I went on a date with a man who was wearing this fragrance and it was intoxicating. It was a rare hot summer night in San Francisco, and I could really smell it when we were close. It smelled rather floral but with a subtle spiciness that I associate with high quality patchouli. I didn't get any distinct leather, but it was so heady, I might have just not realized which notes were which. Anyway, he smelled damn good.

This is sweet but not super-sweet. The big problem here for me is that it doesn't go far enough in any direction to hold my attention for more than a short period of time. I much prefer Mugler's Pure Leather, for example. It comes across as a bit "chemical" to me as well. There's no "wow factor" but I can understand how it could be a good leather scent for those who want a mild leather note with an overall unisex, daytime feel. On the other hand, if you only have limited experience, mostly at dept. stores, this might have quite a wow factor for you.

adebayoayeni
adebayoayeni

This is the worst Tom Ford product I ever laid my hand on. It's just total waste of money. I couldn't believe Mr Ford could categorize this under his Private Blend Collections.No projection,no longetivity,no good smell. You only get the good smell for the first few minutes of applications.This stuff fades off easily under two to three hours and it's not strong. It smells like burnt rubber,and some sort of burnt cable. I regret ever buying this. I think Leather Oud by YSL should have been my preference.

Have_some_scents
Have_some_scents

@luv2travel789 - Ummm, it's not supposed to smell like fresh tobacco - or stale tobacco - or any kind of tobacco for that matter. There is no suggestion of tobacco in neither the name nor the notes. It's Tuscan L-E-A-T-H-E-R.

What other astute observations have you made that you can share with us? Be sure to leave a comment on Tobacco Vanille, informing everyone that there are no leather or celery notes in it. We wouldn't want anyone to feel they are being mislead.

Anyway, all I get from this is leather. I smell nothing else. If you want to smell like leather, you can go get yourself a new leather jacket for less money than this.

fresher81
fresher81

I can't fathom how this is for both men and women! This is pure man in a bottle -- a sensual and enigmatic man, who incites thoughts of animalistic derive. It drives my wife CRAZY when I wear this. Tuscan Leather, simply put, is a gorgeous scent.

houzi
houzi

I can't decide whether it smells like an ugly ashtray or a bowlful of zingy raspberries. I guess the answer is both?

But isn't it lauded as a landmark leather fragrance? I'm clearly in the minority here, but the only leather I can confidently pick up in Tuscan Leather is some velvety soft suede, so perfectly fine and delicate, it pretty much melts into the background. If your nose is preoccupied with the ashtray vs raspberry clash of the titans out front, you might not even notice its still presence in the back.

It's a strange fragrance for sure. The first time I tried it, all I was getting was ashtray, and maybe some abstract leather if I strained my mind into seeing it. I admit, there was something appealing in that stale cigarette butt stench, a little bad boy allure virtuous (or just bored?) girls are secretly pining for? I don't remember noticing anything fresh and fruity at all.

When I put some on again the other day, the note that suddenly came into focus was the raspberry. It put its little mark on everything else in the composition, adding some kind of hyperactive clarity and an uplifting twist to all the dirty notes. The ashtray was still there but it had that weird sanitised feel to it. My nose was fascinated by the raspberry.

Right now I'm giving Tuscan Leather a proper wearing. I smell the ashtray and the raspberry in equal amounts, with saffron nuances in the opening, and the suede background. I like the suede the most. Another person said my perfume smelled like hospital to him, like bandages:) It must be the frankincense.

I was very apprehensive about the leather note in Tuscan Leather, but the stale, corpse-y leather I know from other perfumes smells completely different to this. I would go as far as say that I actually quite like it. My favourite part is actually the perfume's velvety texture: the perfectly soft suede accentuated by a touch of fruity zing. It's nothing I would even consider having, but pretty good for something I was so doubtful about. The ashtray is definitely killing it for me though.

@Shivabglr

You give the best description of Tuscan Leather that I have come across. It is not the BEAST that most people make it out to be. In my case I thought I might have gotten a bad bottle because it wasn't bursting at the seams with macho aggression :)

I now feel confident that my bottle is perfectly fine.

bottledHeaven
bottledHeaven

Simply exquisite - very luxurious.

When I first smelled it after getting a sample, I was SHOCKED - it literally takes you aback cause it has a huge amount of kick, and it's amazing.

Smells like the interior of a new 7-series BMW, with all sorts of other notes that come into play. That leather stays dominant for a while - at least a few hours - until the dry down where I'd say it gets a bit sweeter and you can really smell the rasberry.

It's very attractive, though on a woman I'd imagine that it'd take a very particular type of woman to pull this off: bad-ass and chic. It's not a very feminine scent.

This is some A-grade stuff right here.

camposg
camposg

This is good stuff there is no doubt about that. It is not pure pure leather like a lot of people think but the leather is in there. I get a smokey leather jacket from this thats been sitting in a cigar shop for some while.

This is not for a young man in my book. This is best suited for nights, winter and for a grandfather

youngfragranceconnoisseur

O my I don't care what people will say but I am 16 and own this fragrance. I have had a decant, but just purchased it today at Saks. This scent is so dark and mysterious! I think this smells like really high quality aged leather with a hint of raspberry. The name totally turned me off but when I smelled this I was like WOW. I think I already wrote a review on this frag when I got the decant tho so I won't say much more. If you are a classy man or any man at all this would be a great scent for you. Well unless you are shy because this scent is very bold and has to be worn with confidence!!!

Vincents1278

First, I'll say, I have a bottle and have had it for near on a year.

Second, I'll say the best way to write a review is to realize that no one cares what you think...or shouldn't care what you think, rather. Hint, hint to the authors of the blowhard short stories I've been reading here. Jeez.

Lastly, my own opinion, as someone with many fragrances, who has searched and searched for quality niche lines. I love this scent. Is it leathery? sure, but not a dry leather like Cuir Ottoman. This is a well-rounded with a hint of sweetness patchouly, raspberry leather. It's a warm scent and probably best worn in fall or winter. It lasts very long on my skin, nearly all day, which is a rare thing for me. I love the price as it allows elitist assholes like me to have something everyone else cannot.

Happy perfuming.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

I don't like to wear this but I like the way it smells, does that make sense? Lets just say I appreciate the craftsmanship that went into making this extremely masculine cologne. I get three notes from this: leather, smoke and salt. I'm surprised salt is not listed in the ingredients as it is so pungent to my nose, a salty leathery smell. While most of Tom Fords scents are unisex, this one is all male and immediately made me think of Equipage by Hermes for its strong leathery notes. Well made and worth a try at the very least.

Robmeister32
Robmeister32

JUST LUXURIOUSLY AWESOME!!!

Erikkkk
Erikkkk

This frag is so raw! Luv the balance of the smook leather and the sweet raspberries, hardcore, no soft porn.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

SNAP! The crack of a raw leather whip that will definitely leave you marked.

This is not supple handbag leather, nor is it a buttery lambskin jacket. No, this is a pair of brand new, stiff, heavy leather brogues just broken out of the box, all grey and rough on the inside, shiny, black and bold on the outside.

On opening, there is a piquancy that could be attributed to the earthy thyme and olibanum. As it warms on the skin, a petroleum-like note appears along with a faint sweetness. Then as Tuscan Leather dries, it truly develops a smokiness--almost ashiness--about it. Here I detect the same dirty raspberry note as I do in Givenchy's Hot Couture. Then Tuscan Leather finishes with some woody, ambery warmth with a very thin balsamic vein at the base.

Definitely a leather with some serious attitude. Personally, I find this leather too raw and unbalanced to wear comfortably. However, if you like whips and straps and stomping or strutting in boots, this is a fragrance you might want to experience.

andrew.spratlin
andrew.spratlin

For me, when sniffing the bottle it smells like a box of cigarettes. I don't smoke, and hate the smell of smokers...so i was hesitant to try. When I put it on my skin, however, it was divine. I am almost finished with my 2nd bottle and plan to buy another. I like to layer this, too, but it stands well on its own. It lasts and projects the perfect amount.... not as overbearing as tobacco vanile. I is a very MASCULINE scent, too. I don't see it as unisex, but i guess the right woman could pull it off. This and Royal Oud by Creed are my favorite scents (on me).

hatandbeard
hatandbeard

Dominant raspberry and slightly smokey leather that dries down so sweet that it hurts.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Oh yes, this is a black leather jacket worn by a chain smoker. I think raspberry is just the perfect note to compliment it. They smell marvelous together, and the raspberry does not smell like cough medicine like most do. Smells super high-quality.

I would be a little nervous to wear this perfume in public for the first hour or so. I would fear that people think I smell like an ashtray. Can't speak on the matter of coke, as I have never smelled it.

I love the heart phase when the ashtray smell lets up significantly (thank Heavens!) and I sense more saffron and woods.

When it dries down, it's glorious. It reminds me so much of White Suede, one of my Top 5 perfumes of all time. They have the same creamy suede in them, but instead of musk, Tuscan Leather pairs suede with gorgeous amber. I would say that Tuscan Leather is the more robust, night-time, and masculine version of White Suede.

White Suede is an angel. Tuscan Leather is a troublemaker!

Bmw9786
Bmw9786

Opening is 100% animalic leather that yes does smell somewhat similar to cocaine( we were all teenagers once ) after that comes a raspberry note mixed with the leather..very simplistic yet very sophisticated all at once..this is a projection bomb and if you are a heavy sprayer or a light scrubber in the shower you must commit to this one the hole day.. In my book this would smell better on a man then a woman although I have not had the privilege to smell it on a woman yet..this is a must have in my book but it needs to be at least a must try in everyone else's..

youngfragranceconnoisseur

Very bold and very masculine. You have to be confident to pull this off. Great scent. Lasts a long time and projects well on my skin. This is a very dark scent. Also this smells very classy like all of the Tom Ford scents I have smelled. Great choice if you want something bold and masculine. DO NOT blind buy this, make sure you smell this before purchasing a bottle. This is very expensive and may be offensive to some people.

ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.
ThEnAuGhTyPrOf.

The house of Tom Ford is the epitome of provocative when it comes to fragrances.... Quality materials, great presentation and raw materials of very high quality..... Fragrances of this sort are an investment and for the most discriminant in tastes.... What do I get?

*For me, this frag is a BEAST! An absolute beast- very masculine
*Longevity + 12hrs (literally can last for days)- not recommended to spray on clothes
*Projection: 6-8hrs
*Age: 25+
*Season: Winter/Fall: October-Early March (Canada)
*Occasions: Formal, black tie, Suit office venue
*This us NOT something you wear around the house casually (lol)
*Nothing overly cloying
*This is a unique and complex frag that needs time to appreciate it and the collaboration of the notes....
*when you pick up the saffron, the fragrance just takes off to a new level......

Intense leather scent, for the first 3 hours I could smell nothing but leather. However, it is quite nice, I have to admit that even if I am not a huge fan of leather scents.
I think that such scents are made for ladies that want to smell 'natural & sexy'. Not like a flower, but like a woman. (paraphrase of Marilyn)

Thango
Thango

Scent is genuine. Longetivity is perfect. To cut the story short-it's a must have!

asairin
asairin

So I never found a situation where I could wear this fragrance.. Until I thought, "why not wear it under a leather jacket?" I put a light spray on the inside collar of my recently conditioned motorcycle jacket. Incredible after riding over a windy Bay Bridge and meeting friends for dinner, it would still project off of ME, even after taking the jacket off. Really potent stuff..

hemp
hemp

Fantastic! It took me a few try's to like TL but now I'm hooked and recently bought a 100ml bottle at the full retail price which isn't cheap! There's so much more going here than leather, it just smells so good from start to finish and has amazing staying power!
My favourite Tom Ford by far!

alexborderie
alexborderie

I kinda like this scent.

Babe Walker said that it smelled like "coke" and though I agree I don't think alot of people will notice that you're walking around smelling of coke.

I feel that this is a total Autumn City Night scent only to be work in Chicago or New York.

Its totes specific.

Eloquaint
Eloquaint

Gentle Readers,

I broke my toe on Sunday. Experience has taught me that the next couple of weeks are going to be very, very boring. It's the little toe on my right foot. It's much harder to walk on a broken little toe than on a broken big toe because you can roll your foot outward much more easily than you can roll it inward, so I am going to be spending a lot of time sitting at my desk, staring at my computer and willing it to amuse me, while I wait for the bone to knit.

The silver lining in this situation is that I'll have a plenty of time to sort through and test the many perfume samples that I have backlogged and awaiting my attention. This morning I got to Tuscan Leather.

Lay aside the idea that this is leatheric. From start to finish, it is an ashtray. I sprayed it on my right wrist and reared back, stunned. Ashtray. I waited for fruit or flower or anything sweet, but it's ashtray to its bones.

However...it's not exactly bad ashtray. It does have a note of what, as an plant person, I would call "clean dirt." That is to say potting soil fresh from the bag, with maybe a hint of organic, pet-safe fertilizer worked into it. It smells like the pot of a plant someone has been ashing in.

I kinda like it.

I think that what I may do with this is wear it out to bars, one drop behind each ear, and spray whatever perfume du jour I'm currently loving on my clothes. Angel would be nice. Cuir de Russie would be deadly. My city outlawed smoking in public places a long time ago, and I don't smoke anyway, so that would be an amusing trick to play on drunk friends who hug me. I can think of a few who might literally salivate.

Belvedere
Belvedere

This is definitely a leather scent. I have tried and tried samples of this on my skin trying to convince myself that I like it. Reality is I do not like this despite the wonderful reviews. It is a powerhouse of a scent but too harsh for me, I do not want to smell like an old leather car interior and I don't get the fruit notes on dry down either.

Update I had a couple of friends try this and both hated it. One compared it to Tarmac! I know opinions on fragrances are subjective but this one seems to be boosted by frag heads in private but in the real world I have not found anyone it smells good on. IMHO

jhonyd
jhonyd

Top three from the private blend. My second fav, NdN being my #1. One of the best scents when you want to smell/feel rugged and sophisticated simultaneously

projectalice345

OMG this is AMAZING. I tried TF tobacco vanilla and honestly it was a no go. It smelled like Dr Pepper, in a nice way but not interesting. This on me smells like car shops and sweaty sex and I LOVE IT. i grew up around horses and this smells like bridles and saddles and horses skin when they get dusty after a long hot day. To me this smells like the south west. I tried all this lame leather smells marketed for girlyness. NO mas. I ordered a small 4 ml bottle. Its to die for if you are a leather fan. I can see why some compare it to cocaine smells, or give it a drug connotation. I love the diesel fumes.....the greasy car oil smell. I am a woman but it just works on me so well. I am gonna save up for a bigger bottle. they have smaller ones on ebay. they better be the real thing! omg gotta have more more more more.

unlisted notes, just in my opinion:

cigar smoke, diesel fuel, car oil, sweaty jeans after a summers day in the grass, horses backs, wood shops and oh yeah well tanned, oiled and supple to touch, leather in all its glory. this is like....almost brought to you by the Folsom st. leather fair in San Fran. amaz.

Why must my favorite smell cost more then cocaine however? I love the girls reviews for like some smells "the scent of white chocolate is my favorite" I can not wear sweet or floral smells at all or I will get a headache. my sig. i guess is the smell of steamy leather and cocaine. where have you been all my life Od di hot car mechanic????

update: the dry down on me is so amazing, smells like smoked raspberries. I like the smell it leaves on my clothes its so smokey and amazing. This maybe my fav smell atm. I am surprised more women don't wear it.

Jmg92
Jmg92

I really do love this stuff. I went through a period of trying new fragrances outside of the normal stuff you find at nordstrom ect. and this was the first that truly caught my attention. The scent does smell of leather yes, but the dry down is what I personally love. It's got this fruity note that makes for a comforting approachable scent. That said, for the first 1-2 hours, this stuff is strong. It is harsh. Do not wear it if you expect to get tons of complements. Most people do not know what to make of it. I wear it because I enjoy it thoroughly, I recommend it to anyone that enjoys leather scents, and I will always have it around. I think with the right application it can be worn every day. That said, many others will disagree and say its too harsh or expensive. When applied properly, a spray or two will last you the whole day. Don't let the poor reviews scare you off, try some. Enjoy it.

P.S. I am 20, and yes I do wear this. Like I said, apply it right and it is great stuff for even the younger guys.

Weihan
Weihan

Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather is a beautifully balanced scent that screams coziness on a chilly November evening. Dimly-lit streets surrounding Hampstead Heath with a distinct smokiness cutting through the fog. Just beautiful. And as one of the other contributors rightly noted, TL layers marvelously well with Creed's Bois du Portugal - another all-time autumnal favorite. This is probably the best Tom Ford fragrance out there, including the newer "London".

Kenni
Kenni

This is 10/10. Solid and rich. A must have for the confident man, who wants to be noticed and classified as "sophisticated"

CuriousSeeker
CuriousSeeker

I learned about this scent because I subscribe to Dustin Hunter's Youtube channel where he gives makeup tutorials. He said he pairs Tuscan Leather with Bronze Goddess. Now I want both.

Bander123
Bander123

عطر رائع. بمعني الكلمه جربته في باريس غاليري في الرياض روعه قيمه ال٥٠ ملم تقريبا ٩٠٠ريال. بس اعتقد انه شتوي فقط

katmitchell
katmitchell

Madly in love
It actually does not smell too masculine on me because of the raspberry, so I assume some girls depending on skin chemistry would be comfortable smelling like this. It feels like you are on a warm leather sofa heated by sun light, there is nothing to do and time has stopped. Extremely cozy but catchy as well, gosh I'm simply addicted to this beauty, definitely buying it asap

Plucus21

ScentPanther (below) is the James Lipton of Fragrantica!

Deus Ex
Deus Ex

Tuscan Leather is my number one of all time! A masculine high class and very powerful perfume from another dimension,my opinion is that's how a man should smell. Adorable leather scent!
PS. and yes that sweet numbness in the olfactory system (the first 10 min.) reminds the coke.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

Let me start by saying I love this scent. I think it is rugged, masculine, and excellently blended. It is the best and strongest leather scent I have ever smelled. However, there is some sweetness from the raspberry which cuts the leather harshness a bit. After it dries down from the harsh opening, all I get is 90% leather and only 10% other (Including the raspberry and maybe a bit of sweet floral). This cologne lasts a long time and projects strongly for the first few hours. As the scent calms down so does the projection but you still will be noticed. Overall I love this scent and I think it is perfect for fall/winter and even formal occasions. It can also be used to layer with other fragrances to add a rich depth and leatheriness to other colognes.

There is one major caveat to this cologne beside the price. When I sprayed this cologne on my girlfriend started sniffing the air. She looked at me and said what smells like cigarettes? I said I don't know and maybe someone around us was smoking. However, when she leaned in close she said I smelled like a chain smoker! I was floored! How could a cologne that has no tobacco notes in it smell like cigarettes? I think the harshness and raw leather accord gives it a sort of dirty ashtray vibe that she couldn't stand.

Projection: 10/10
Versatility: 5/10
Overall: 8.5

Although I like this cologne I will never buy it because I do not want to spend $210 to smell like a chain smoker!

ScentPanther
ScentPanther

I like Tuscany, and I like leather. In fact, I like wearing leather in Tuscany. I was hunting a renegade cult of assassins there a few years back with the help of the local strega, and it was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. The beautiful countryside, fair weather, sunny every day, with a beautiful warm breeze.

My companion at the time was a beautiful donkey named Beatrice. The local children had decorated her mane with yellow and white ribbons, and her saddle blanket was knitted by the eldest woman in the village I was residing in at the time, practically a work of art unto itself, and truly priceless to me.

I remember the smell of his saddle, and my packs, in that warm sunlight, and the hint of wine on my and Beatrices breath. She was ruthlessly stubborn and often required copious amounts of table wine to convince to set forward on the trail, I must note. But that warm leather smell, that feel of sunshine and the blush of wine, that is what Tuscan Leather is to me.

A toast to you, Beatrice, I hope you still roam those hills to this day and that your belly is ever full of rich, wonderful red wines.

Michael1962

Try layering this masterpiece with TF Noir de Noir.
NdN slightly takes the edge off the raw animalistic leather but in return gives it a subtle sweetness thanks to that delectable rose/patchouli/oakmoss combo.

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

I agree cocaine Ina bottle. Don't ask me how I know. And coke is cheaper so......

sharmap14
sharmap14

layer this with creed bois du portugal .. thank me later

Michael1962

Tuscan Leather is a full on,raw and unrelenting assault of the olfactory senses with incredible longevity.
Its almost like new car smell,with plush leather upholstery and contrasting red stitching, in a bottle.
The undertone of sweet raspberry and subtle jasmine add another dimension to this rather masculine and single minded fragrance.The raspberry here contrasts with this note in Black Saffron which is more prominent and sweeter.
As it settles the woodys notes come to the fore but the raw yet refined,smooth leather note is always there.
Also works well when blended with Tom Ford Tobacco Oud.
Its the powerhouse of the Private Blend in my opinion and full bottle worthy for the encroaching cooler months where its distinctive signature would comfort and warm your soul without overwhelming anyone within your immediate vicinity.

Romashka
Romashka

Tuscan Leather is a rich, heavy and sweet smelling leather scent. Longevity is almost monstrous on this. It's definitely one to keep for the right occasion.
I own the Surrati version of this scent from Saudi Arabia and while it smells similar to TL it is sweeter and has a more prominent raspberry note in the top and base that becomes almost sickly after a while.

Jridgen
Jridgen

Tuscan leather is the background smell of a Scorsese crime drama. The bold leather note is accompanied by an equally bold (and opulant) raspberry note. As the fragrance dries down the leather smoothes out, the saffron comes forward, and the raspberry remains although less punchy sweet. Throughout the whole affair fresh cigarette ashes linger in the background. The sillage is powerful and the longevity is nuclear, especially on clothes. The timid best stay away from this as Tuscan Leather will wear the weak.

9.5/10

Alvinsii91
Alvinsii91

My review was based on vial of TF Tuscan Leather

The first impression :
I had never smelled any frags like this before. Leather is what I get the most. The leather is really, REALLY raw, genuine - What I get is the vibe of luxurious leather from those luxury bags such as Louis Vuitton. It is very elegant and sophisticated.

The sweetness of raspberry is subtle to my skin. It's definitely there but the appearance is just very minor. However, this frag is not versatile at all. I don't think you can wear it with casual wear. It was created for special occasion ~

For me, it's definitely MASCULINE FRAG!!! It was very, very STRONG so it's better to take sample first before making any purchase.

Scent: 10 Sexy leather with hint of fruity sweeetness
Versatile : 1 Unwearable in most of time
Longevity : 10 Definitely lasting

ckman2011
ckman2011

عطر رائع جدا ومناسب،للأجواء الباردة و المعتدلة
البداية تكون برائحة السجائر الفاخرة والجلود حيث تكون قوية بعض الشيء لكن بعد أن يهدأ تصبح الراحة جميلة جدا وراقية
العطر عنوان للأناقة والفخامة
يناسب من هم في سن الرجولة الحقيقية أي فوق الثلاثين

NobleRoman
NobleRoman

With so many terrific reviews here, I decided to make a blind buy on TF TL.
Now that I have it, I can say that yes there's raspberry in the top notes and it fades in the dry down. This is powerful so easy on the sprayer. Classy, dangerous, luxurious are adjectives that I use to describe TL. A perfect 10 for me.

Jay T
Jay T

Cette sentait si bon de mettre sur. J'aime ce immédiatement. Je pense que c'est odeur de cuir très agréable à porter, légèrement sucré de la framboise et pas trop agressif. Un grand succès à mon avis.

zararbutt
zararbutt

@@@@DanceForLife Agreed with you up-to some extent.

This is really strong but issue can be minimized by a single spray, and that is all required for you get set and go. Really Expensive.

To my nose it is a sort of vetiver based animalic leather and this reminds me Encre Noir by Lalique which is on sweater side.

Anyways this scent is not for everyone, if you like EN by Lalique than TL is there for you.

DancerForLife
DancerForLife

I'm a woman, and this scent didn't resonate with me at all. Was very-very strong, and just wasn't pleasant for my nose - tried to wash it off quickly, but it lingers... Will not recommend for my guy to wear it - just bugs my nose. Too intense, and the scent doesn't work for me.

Cologniac
Cologniac

One of my favourite scents of all time! It was love at first sniff...smelled like the inside of a Ferrari lol. I finished my small 50ml bottle and quickly bought the 250ml..if i could bathe in it i would!

BTW, i have recently discovered this site and have learned that all the colognes i have liked over the years have had a common "leather" theme but i could never put my finger on it. Since buying Tuscan leather i have actively sought other dedicated leather scents but have yet to find one as good.

majecatracho
majecatracho

Oh man i fell in love with this fragrance! i wont lie, when i first smelled it out of my small decant i did not like it,i thought it smelled like nasty leather, but with more testing it grew on me. I started noticing the fruit which is very prominent in this scent and i like that, most leather scents are too harsh and dry, this on the other hand is so well balanced that it retains that strong leather scent mixed very well with the raspberry.On my skin it lasts forever,i applied it on my skin before going to bed and when i woke up the next morning that sweet leathery smell was still on me.I will save every penny for a bottle of this juice because it is awesome and worth the price.
10 out of 10.

marcelopcr
marcelopcr

Best fragrance ever. Simply perfect!

hell cold
hell cold

انا لله وانا علیه راجعون
.یعنی
I LOVE IT

fuggerone
fuggerone

hanging around smelling like a leather sofa...to me the best of the leather scents!

bandarsaadseed
bandarsaadseed

عطر توسكان ليذر من توم فورد عطر روعه جدا من حيث جمال الرائحة لكن رايح يعجب الاشخاص من سن ال٣٠ وفوق اما الاشخاص اصحاب الاعمار من ١٨ الى ٢٩ ما رايح يعجبهم
لانه في الحقيقة يصلح للاشخاص الكبار في السن
تقيمي للعطر:
الثبات:١٠/١٠
الفواحان:١٠/١٠
الرائحة: ٩/١٠
ارجو منكم تجربة العطر قبل الشراء وان اخذت عينه منه اعطيه فرصة قبل ان تحكم عليه بسرعه

Perfume Tuscan Leather Tom Ford perfume very magnificence in terms of beauty, but the smell ŃÇíÍ admire people from the age of 30 and above either the owners of people ages 18 to 29 what they like ŃÇíÍ
Because it is in fact suitable for elderly people
MY RATING perfume:
Persistence: 10/10
Alfoahan: 10/10
Smell: 9/10
I hope you experience the fragrance before buying that took him to give him the same opportunity before control it quickly

SenseOfScents
SenseOfScents

Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford

SUBJECTIVE

The most beautiful leather-centered fragrance in my collection, the refined note of leather in Tuscan Leather is pure and sensual. Tom Ford has managed to turn a dark, masculine note like leather into a calming and even seductive scent. Smoothened by a base of light woods, white leather will grace the air of everyone around you from start to finish.

Despite the unusually pleasant and soft nature of this leather scent, the focus on leather makes its public appeal too narrow as a designer fragrance that would be found at your local department store. Still, it is hard to knock a fragrance that gives you exactly what is says it does in such an inoffensive way.

OBJECTIVE

No surprise, this Tom Ford Private Blend cologne performs well on the skin throughout the day once applied. Expect a gentle, but noticeable cloud of leather around you for a solid eight hours, after which time it will become a "skin scent" for days. Moreover, a white bottle probably would have been more suitable to communicate the undoubted essence of white leather. The price must, however, be called a negative for this one, as a good wearing will likely require six sprays for a full day's use.

IMPRESSION

A genuine leather fragrance for the confident male, it is apparent that a lot of time went into making such a perfect blend of but a few notes. For this reason, Tuscan Leather emblematizes the bona fide art of perfumery in the niche - and apparently hidden it seems - world of fragrances. There is no mystery why its price is much greater than its "leather" rivals in the designer game (e.g. Fahrenheit by Dior, Dirty English by Juicy Couture).

PLAN

Feel free to pass on this one if you are not a fragrance enthusiast, given its price and availability. If however, you are one who loves leather and/or the smell thereof, or if you are in search of the ultimate fragrance that actually smells like unadulterated leather, then this one is for you. It is even worth a bind-buy if you consider yourself a cologne collector. Bottom line: having read my review, you are required to at least sample this fragrance in order to understand the genius of a fragrance that can be both masculine and inviting (other examples of such include Creed's Aventus, Thierry Mugler's A*Men Pure Leather and Gucci's Pour Homme). ★★★★

wintermute
wintermute

This smells really... dangerous. I like it. Not love, but it might grow on me.

landon1

stuck between choosing between this or noir de noir or tobacco vanille. im leaning towards this! so rugged.

S H E L B E Y
S H E L B E Y

this is a very special cologne. actually "Special" is a fit word to explain scent of TUSCAN LEATHER.
in my idea everybody should smell "tuscan leather" to understand the real concept of "special" word.
the people's feedback toward this scent is a shock, first.
everybody say this is a very unusual scent.
nobody can say i don't like it.
but many of people can definitive say this cologne has a perfect scent.
the collection of suede and raspberry and leather and saffron feels so clearly.

خیلی کار خاصیه . واقعا "خاص" کلمه ی مناسبیه براش.
من معتقدم برای اینکه مفهوم واژه ی "خاص" رو به کودکان آموزش بدیم ، باید به اونها "توسکان لدر" رو بدیم تا بو کنن و قشنگ بفهمن که کلمه ی خاص یعنی چی.

بازخورد مردم در مقابل این بو ، یه شوک اولیه هست . همه با تعجب بهش مینگرن .
میگن چه بوی عجیبی داره .
کسی به راحتی نمیتونه بگه این ادکلن بد بوست . اما خیلیا با قاطعیت میتونن بگن این خوشبو ترین ادکلن دنیاست .

ترکیب بوی جیر - تمشک - چرم - زعفرون به خوبی توی این کار حس میشه و در عین حال که تمام رایحه ها بسیار قوی هستند ، اما هیچکدوم تو ذوق نمیزنه.
مثل یه گروه سرود میمونه که تک تک افرادش بسیار محکم و قوی دارن میخونن اما هیچ کدوم خارج نمیزنن.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

My only review about this one is: I need the 250ml bottle!!
... Update... Ready, i bought 250 ml :)

Cardenal Mendoza
Cardenal Mendoza

pinktojen
pinktojen

1 spritz goes a LONG WAY….I bought it for my husband and its super sexy. Just 1 spritz on the skin though….on clothing it will last a week. I love it but I cant wear it because its too big for my stature. it smells like pure leather and a touch of smoke and vanilla.

prodigy
prodigy

This is evidence that overrated fragrances do exist. Its not fragrance mythology. So many better leather scents out there that don't smell like cocaine. Just because its Tom Ford doesn't mean its good.

BlueMoon
BlueMoon

URBAN COWBOY

Just finished a rodeo and I'm wearin' my chaps and carryin' my worn-in saddle. No time to shower - need to quickly get into my suit for a dinner at a swank downtown hotel.

An elegant, down n' dirty smoky leather with a hint of raspberry.

Nice job, Mr. Ford.

lhollingdrake
lhollingdrake

I think I have found the Holy Grail of fragrance. I can't stop sniffing myself.

gcaprotti
gcaprotti

This is a fantastic fragrance! When you spray at the beginning it's like an emotional shock. The leather hits you strongly. Then, a strawberry sweet perfume is matching with the leather in a very unique way.
Not comemrcial (because of the price), my suggestion is to use carrefully in the fall/winter season. I say carrefully because it can be very strong also for people around you. I already received 3 compliments in few days and I just used it spraying on my chest and on my neck. The results are amazing in longevity and projection. I'm waiting for a sample of Tobacco Vanille even if I believe it can be too sweet for my taste: I heard some people is mixing those 2 fragrances togheter. I will try (again very carrefully!) and let you know!

SDavis93
SDavis93

Many people will not like this because it isn't safe, its a unique, rich, bold masculine leather fragrance, its almost animallic but in a sensual way. it has that shock factor to begin with, but its intriguing and pleasing not a horrible shock that some dirty fragrances can give. One of Tom Fords best by far.

Its smells of high quality leather Strong and potent which stays with this fragrance from top to bottom all the other notes just add to the experience. on initial spray you get a sharp strong leather scent this is wear i think people say they get the exhaust fume smell from, then the raspberry comes in making the fragrance wearable by adding a sweetness to the strong leather the subtle spices also add a light oriental mysteriousness . as it dries down you get a smooth dark, smokier scent. its difficult to describe the smell its just a great leather fragrance. One of my favorite formal fragrances 9.5/10 Longevity and projection are good 8+ hours.

EDIT:
Apparently according to a few articles on the internet this smells like cocaine? and there's speculation that Tom Ford and the people helping to create this fragrance must have known that it did??. Still think this smells great though!

Stephaniejanef
Stephaniejanef

Men, here's my advice. You need to be a ballsy, hirsute, sexy SOB to wear this fragrance. NOT for gentlemen. This is more apt for the villain we all fall in lust with. Wear it in the evening, (with nonchalance please, just a little spray) preferably in cold, rainy weather.
If you are a smoker, this'll mix heavenly with your naughty tobacco smell. Wear it on a special night out with your girl. The rest is up to you. Enough said ;)

harmonia
harmonia

One of my top three fragrances. A creamy, rich yet dark leather with that teasing raspberry note on top. Strictly masculine if you ask me. Subtle green and grassy notes are present in the very beginning, soon to give way to the more animalistic aspects of the leather. There is also a peculiar fresh water/aquatic note that really fascinates me, which (sadly) only I seem to be experiencing and it is extremely non-synthetic. Imagine the sunlit surface of a small lake in the woods. I would even go so far as to say there is a hint of fish [sic] or more specifically the refreshing smell of a living fish in your hands just before you let it back.

Olfactory artwork of the highest order!

Michael1962

Smells like you've just slipped behind the wheel of the latest model Aston Martin DB9 and your name is Bond..James Bond.
You inhale slowly and all you can smell is the intoxicating and sumptuous aroma of the crisp and pristine leather seats.The luxury is simply overwhelming.
Tuscan Leather has that effect.It exudes power,prestige,money and extreme confidence.
Definitely not for the faint hearted,all I get is leather,leather and more leather.No existence of other notes to my nose.
Like all Tom Fords creations this one is quality and might be worth considering once autumn and winter roll around next year.Until then I will enjoy my sample and enjoy sampling with other Fords to test its versatility.Maybe Portofino or Azure Lime,leather with a touch of spring :)

omar88
omar88

عطر مختلف .. خليط من رائحة السجائر و الجلود .. رائحة من الطبيعة أقرب من كونها عطر

ed
ed

Wow, what can I say? I've never smelled a frag quite like this one before. It's amazing stuff. TL is simply the exact polar opposite of the deodorant-like 'aquatics' which everyone seems to be wearing right now.

Personally, I find the leather note extremely realistic. It smells expensive... and of course it IS expensive.

I would strongly advise not to over apply. It's a potent frag to say the least and you don't want to give your colleagues/friends a headache! Also, do not spray it on your clothes, I wouldn't be surprised if it dissolved the fabric!

If you get a chance to sample TL, go for it :) I bought a 20ml decant online and it will last for ages. One spray is all you need.

305Fraghead
305Fraghead

Yes! When I first tried this, I was like WhOa instantly fell in love. Didn't know I was going to like this. Because smelling like Leather, isn't my first choice. Some people think of new car, or new leather jacket. I smell the berries and saffron. This is a Projection beast. I have worn this to work on casual Fridays.And worn to a wedding. Drake has pumped this up with his new song. I don't know about it smelling like a Brick or Coke because I don't do that type of stuff or know anyone that does. This Smells like Money all day. lol if Dos Equis guy wear cologne he will smell like this. Stay smelling good my friend. lol

recherche
recherche

I must admit, I was hesitant to try any perfume with the name Tom Ford attached to it. Maybe because his first perfume had such great reviews, such an astounding following, a very sexy ad campaign, yet, to me it smelled like any other undistinguishable men's cologne.
While working with a wardrobe stylist, I complimented him on his choice of perfume and immediately asked. He had layered TF's Tobacco Vanilla over Tom For Noir. It was intoxicating and I had to have it.
I skipped lunch and went straight to the fragrance counter at Jeffrey's. To my surprise, I didn't like Tobacco Vanilla on me and I wasn't a fan of TF Noir. Then, after trying many of his Private Blend scents, I came across Tuscan Leather. Fireworks! One of the most carnal scents I've ever experienced. I usually layer it with some other perfumes, but on its own it can be the sexiest beast you can wear. Once the insipid fruity top notes evaporate, the dry down is resiny, a bit smokey and with a profusion of worn leather at its best.
If you are looking for a sexy, sweaty attention-getter, this is it!

I had the option to get this or the more expensive Clive Christian C and I chose the latter.
I couldn't wait to try this as I had heard how fantastic is was and knew that it was potentially a fragrance I would love but I must say I was slightly disappointed.
Only disappointed in comparison to C...If I hadn't smelled that this would be one of my all time favourites.
Unfortunately I can't justify having two quite similiar, very expensive perfumes in my collection I do like to mix things up a little.
The leather is beautiful but it's harsher than I'd anticipated at first but once it settles it's nice and smooth with that lovely raspberry note coming through too.
However, It lacks the complexity and wow factor of Clive Christian C which is simply stunning.
If you have the money to get this you can afford a little more for a hell of a lot more fragrance.

hurlyburly
hurlyburly

I am absolutely in love with Tuscan Leather! Very sophisticated and complex. It smells like expensive spices. Leather? Possibly that's the case in the first few hours , but then I can sense the smell of human skin which I personally love (not the skin haha, but the smell of it).

Also as a smoker, I realized how nicely Tuscan Leather blends in with the smell of tobacco - at the end you get an organic composition... you would get almost the same result if you were to wear Tobacco Vanille by TF with Tuscan Leather by TF.

I have to admit that its not for everyone. Thought its not a typical perfume for a young female, I find that it perfectly suits me. I believe that its great for everyday, because everyday deserves being celebrated!!! Everyday is special, and so I mark the great beginning of my day with Tuscan Leather by TF.

My only disappointment is that they don't have body lotions that would go along with Tuscan Leather. I was trying to find some body lotions that would compliment this beautiful perfume, however no luck yet. Please, does anyone know any body lotions that might accomplish this very important mission??? haha...

pbatemman26
pbatemman26

Got a sample today and going to purchase. I don't agree with people who say it smells like a dirty taxi cab, haha, I actually found it to smell like a sweet, clean, leather. Have already gotten more compliments than TF TV, and it smells like cocaine!

Cams
Cams

Everything about this fragrance is perfection - I love the smokiness and the sensual depth of this beauty. The instant I smelt it i fell in love and every time I wear it it gets better. A favorite!

KIELECKI
KIELECKI

Great scent but it smells the same as Golden Boy by Dueto Parfums. Also Golden Boy is fraction of the price of Tuscan Leather .

chanakya
chanakya

i got my sample of this about a week back and allllll i smell is Leather..wait, no..its Smoky Leather..almost like a gorgeous leather jacket is getting smoked up cos of my body heat, added to Singapore's sunny weather!! Smoke n leather..that's all there is! Raspberry?? Jasmine?? no such delicacies on this one..it's all hard hitting action! n i LOVE it for that,actually! :-)

Maybe you guys in cold countries are lucky to have all these different notes comin outta this Alpha-male of a scent! nothing of that here in sunny Singa!! ;-)

ThatMakesScents

Tried this again today and my feelings are very different than when I first tried it.

To me it reminds me of the HEAVY DARK leather that vintage Van Clef and Arpels Pour Homme has. Add to that a new expensive leather smell from maybe a luxury car dealership.

It's been roughly 5 hours since I've sprayed my arm and I get NO rasberry at all...WEIRD. The first time I tried this I thought I was in a NYC taxi cab cerca 1980 with an indian driver and cherry air freshener...not today.

At the same time I sprayed myself with TL I went over to the Acqua De Parma counter and sprayed their Oud intensa on me. I must say that the average smelling ADP oud juice radiates off my skin SO MUCH better than the TL. The TL is still very much there but it a muted skin scent on me. Actually it was like that from the onset 5 hours ago. People rave that TL is a beast....but has it been sedated because I sure as heck wouldn't pay $290 100ml to keep smelling my wrists. I promise you that no one would be able to smell this on me unless I sprayed heavily...not for $290.

Maybe on clothes it's different but unfortunately this falls into the " love the smell poor performance NO WAY " category for me.

I hate to end my reviews like this but I must say TOO BAD.

kris919
kris919

this was on my want list for 2 years, I finally sampled it. This is one of the more "interesting" scents that I've tried. Interesting only because I'm smelling something insane in the opening...it's a strange combination note that smells like cocaine & gasoline. maybe I pick up gasoline from it because cocaine is such a chemical-laden impure drug. That smell reminds me of an ancient past I totally dont want to remember. I do get raspberry leather from this, but it's muddled because of the stupid strong cocaine note ( where is that note really coming from? bleck!) I'll pass. it gets a little better in the drydown, but....yeah, no thanks.

GMK
GMK

This is the best in the entire private blend and i love it. Very awesomely blended leather with spices and fruity sweetnes, from top to drydown it never gets cloying or annoying perfect for any time any occasion. Especially the Leather , Oud and Amber/Musk(though not listed) combo makes it fabulous.

To me its one of the very few modern classics, what a joy.
**Update** its not the best in Private Blend but very good.

kambelz
kambelz

I absolutely adore the mixture of leather and raspberry. Works amazingly. It's a very strong, semi-musty leather that is rounded out with the sweetness, almost jammy quality of the sweet raspberry. If you like leather, you need to try Tuscan Leather.

Edit: I have read on multiple sights, many people think TL smells like cocaine, including the rapper Drake. WHAT?

adamkay17
adamkay17

Mix with Fresco and you have something closer to Creeds Aventus than any other in the market.

Plucus21

LEATHER BOMB! This fragrance is so leathery in the beginning that it can induce headaches if over applied. You also get the saffron and the raspberry but they are way in the background in the opening. The opening is a leather beast and I am not a huge leather fan. That being said, the dry down is where this fragrance shines.

When this fragrance dries down you still get the leather but it is toned down and well balanced with the raspberry accord. To be honest, if I could start out with the dry down I would probably purchase a bottle as this fragrance is indeed unique.

If you are a leather fan this is for you. This is one of those fragrances that is going to work magic on some and smell like old raw hide on others.

lulu.parkins
lulu.parkins

Great scent. Good staying power and I get complements on this fragrance ALL THE TIME. I do have to say it doesn't smell good on everyone....one of my friends put it on and very bland. It works with your body and blends well on the right person. It's my signature scent and it is very masculine.
I also layer it sometimes with Jo Malone scents that I've purchased and it mixes well.

augustobt
augustobt

Sexy. This scent is awesome. It makes me confident, as every other TF I wear.

sharan ramchandani
sharan ramchandani

SMELLS EXCACTLY LIKE 'LA YUQAWAM' available at Dubai etc and the bottle as well as the box is very similar..I sprayed 'Tuscan Leather' on one hand & 'La Yuqawam' on the other, it was extremely difficult to tell the difference & the amazing part is that it is not a cheap imitation..it lasts longer than 'Tuscan Leather' apparently the dubai stores allege that Tuscan Leather' was inspired by La Yuqawam. whoever is right, I love them both.

dbrii24
dbrii24

As a woman in my late twenties I found this to be way too masculine. Tuscan Leather became a complete leather bomb on me. I gave it chance because I adore Tom Ford and I usually like rich, heavy fragrances that most women shy away from, but I found this to be too much. In fact I didn't pick up anything but thick harsh leather. No raspberry,no saffron, nothing; all I got was expensive tires. They did smell good though....

Ariesboy
Ariesboy

This is sexy.

I enjoy wearing this. Only a roll on the wrists and neck, otherwise it is too strong.

Chattermonkey
Chattermonkey

Hands down best leather scent!

jht4060
jht4060

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is the pinnacle of luxurious smooth leather. It smells exactly like you just bought an outrageously expensive leather jacket and buried your nose in it. The animalic note is subtle and sophisticated in Tuscan Leather, and notes of saffron and incense are seamlessly woven in to enrich rather than compete with the leather. The leather note lasts a long time but finally fades to a lovely incense, wood, and amber finish. It is the olfactory equivalent of an imaginary night with a world class courtesan, then waking in the morning to her ambery perfume with the notes of your shared pleasure lurking in the background. (Or his perfume - this seems quite unisex to me.)

I am not a big fan of Tom Ford, having tried quite a few samples that seem pretty ordinary except for a huge price tag, but he nailed this one. According to a few other reviewers you can get something even more amazing for a truly outrageous price, but I suspect they are more in love with luxury and flaunting their pocketbooks than the actual scent.

Tuscan Leather is a 10.

kazewayz
kazewayz

This is on another level. It's an amazing scent. Absolutely wonderful. The elegance and class of this is just right. Perfect for an event or night time out. It's leathery, smoky, woody, a little sweet, dark, mysterious.. You feel rich when wearing this. Lasts a long time, projects great. Masterpiece. This when blended with a sweet perfume or maybe a lime accord perfume works great. Try it.

MLK
MLK

I've tried a sample of this. It is nice but more masculine for my taste - it has a smokey flavour. It is very similar to Byredo's Black Saffron - which I LOVE and prefer over TF as it has raspberry and violet notes in it which makes it softer and sweeter. Tom Ford perfumes are very expensive, I can get 100ml bottle of Byredo for less than the price of 50 ml bottle of TF private blend and I feel that the Byredo lasts just as long on the skin. Don't get me wrong, I do love Tom Ford fragrances - Black Orchid for example, is excellent, I just can't afford TF private blend, unfortunately.

KinG JameS
KinG JameS

Where on Gods clean earth can some one test this in Germany? I want it sooooooooooooo bad.

Magistra_ae
Magistra_ae

if eddard stark exists, he obviously wears this parfume

parispeach
parispeach

Smells like Cocaine in a bottle.

williamvargas
williamvargas

very nice luxurious scent... right away it yells man coming ..very masculine to me and has that sort of fragrance a man who says, don't worry I got the whole thing figured out, wearing one of those leather jackets like tom cruise wore in jack reacher..that is the essence of what I get from the first sniff, it does settle a bit and some nice fruity berry or something to that accord but overall a very nice masculine fragrance..not sure it is worth the asking price but I have done worse.. I have spent 80 bucks and wanted to throw the cologne away.. to me that is worse..at least I would love this one..

Gileshowe
Gileshowe

Luxury travel: private jets, suitcases of cash money, trading in blood diamonds under a fake name, overpriced montblanc fountain pens, air hostesses dressed in yashmaks bringing me tomato juices at 12000ft, oversized sunglasses worn indoors, and crocodile leather luggage embossed with my initials. NB - Surrati make a knock-off oil-based perfume called Tom Tuskan which is very similar and substantially cheaper, there really is negligible difference between the two they both do smell of luxury. I used to love Tuscan Leather but now find it unbearable, and you know what did it? Clive Christian's incredible leather,V or X or whatever I was called. It's incomprable depth made the comparative depth in this fragrance seem like a cheap trick, a parlour game of illusion. Lacking the cavernous chasm of depth of the Clive Christian, this is not my go-to leather fragrance any more. When you first discover leather fragrances, or indeed niche perfumery in general, Tuscan Leather may seem like the holy grail of class, sophistication, and masculine luxury, but opt for a small bottle as once you start exploring the genre you'll quickly find there are other more exciting scents about. Nevertheless, this is a great way to start enjoying the unique associations of a leather perfume if you are new to them, and if you tire of it you can always use this to spray your luggage and sofas!! And of course, your car! All in all, a great introduction to leather perfumes but perhaps not the most thrilling. Ideal for a debonair teen but do emphasize if gifting this that less is more.

cohibadad
cohibadad

I haven't found a Tom Ford Private Blend I haven't loved. This is insanely good. So deep leathery, woody, and honey sweet tobacco-like to me. I could like it off it smells so delicious.

Jack's Creation
Jack's Creation

Opens with an unruly blast of creosote, dirty ashtray and hot motorcycle exhaust.

Settles into a warm, fruity and naturalistic take on smoked leather.

Long lasting, powerful and probably wonderful.

Definitely masculine.

keedon
keedon

This stuff is potent. Analogy- picture opening the door of a brand new leather mercendez that has been sitting in the sun for the whole afternoon. The rush of leather hits you. It's not wallet leather But this unique treated leather in sedans. I felt nauseous after a few sniff. The same kind you get when you ride in a new car windows up. Not sure how people perceive it But my olfactory nerves can't handle it without a throw up. Do not blind buy this.

PaulDJ
PaulDJ

I tested this a couple of weeks back and was quite simply blown away! Couldn't stop smelling myself. It's definitely a smell for the older individual or someone younger who has complete confidence in themselves. Formal smell rather than something for the club. Longevity/Projection monster. Getting a bottle for my bday along with Tobaco Vanille! It's going to be a tough choice choose the first one to wear!

راستی...
tamame in atraii ke "nectar perfume","extrait pefume" ya " EDP" hastano darsade balai perfume daran ro hatman jaye nabzdar bezanid...agar roo lebas bezanid aslan booi nadaran ama vaghti roo nabz mineshine fogholade mishe...harchi mimoune vahshitar mishe!!!

mrs2241

یه بوی دودی حیونی و عالی چرم و تنباکو"مثل وینستون قرمز" به همراه تمشک ،آویشن،کاکائو،زعفران و چوب درختان و کمی بوی عود مانند....شاهزاده جوان و مقتدری را به تصویر میکشد که سوار بر اسب به همراه معشوقعش از جنگلهای قدیمی و سر به آسمان کشیده در حال گذرند...بهد از ده دقیقه کم کم تمشک کمرنگ شده ، آویشن و چرم مقتدرانه میتازند وزعفران ،چوب کمی عنبر و یاس نیز با همراهی کردنشان فضایی رویایی را به تصویر میکشند....
اگر2 واحد از توسکان لیدر رو با1 واحد نویر د نویر استفاده کنید دقیقا میشه "کلیو کریستسن سی " که بوی کوکایین میده
اما من همیشه توسکان لیدر رو با "هیندو گرس از ناسوماتو" یا "ویولت پچولی از دلچی گابانا" استفاده میکنم،بوی فوق العاده تلخ و مردونه ای میشه و تو شرجی بوشهر هم جواب میده!

zola0203
zola0203

Did someone say 'leather'? Oh BOY they did!
This is a great (the best?) leather frag I've tried, after applying I instantly want to find a glass of whiskey and a chesterfield sofa!
The suede and amber make it less linear than I was expecting. Sillage and longevity are great too.

Kain
Kain

A dark and smoky leather based fragrance with touch of fruity notes to tune down that wild and angry leather note!
At the opening, when for spray it on your skin, you can smell dark and smoky leather note mixed with some tobacco and some sweet raspberry note.
The sweet raspberry note isn't that strong, but also it's not as weak as some people keep talking about.
It's there and you can easily smell it, but because of strong leather smell it's in the background.
It's a liniar fragrance so do not expect too much change.
In the dry down smoky leather settle down just a bit and fruity raspberry note become a little stronger.
Very good projection and longevity.
یه عطر بر پایه رایحه چرم که بوی تلخ و دودی داره به اضافه کمی بوی تنباکو و بوی میوه ای تمشک که این بوی تلخ رو کمتر و بالانس میکنه
بوی تمشک خیلی قوی نیست اما خیلی هم ضعیف نیست که نشه حس اش کرد و راحت به مشام میرسه
در ادامه بوش خیلی فرق نمیکنه فقط بوی چرم کمی ملایمتر میشه و بوی تمشک مقدار کمی قویتر
پخش بوی خیلی خوب و ماندگاری مناسبی داره
اگه بوی تمشک نداشت جزو بهترین ها بود برای من چون بوی تلخ و قوی چرم رو تو این عطر خیلی دوست دارم اما متاسفانه چون از بوی تمشک بدم میاد مجبور شدم بفروشمش

xabaras
xabaras

Tuscan Leather starts very woody and a little smoky. At the very beginning it made me think of the nice woody smell you get from a freshly sharpened pencil, with just a hint of smoke . Then, in just five minutes, the monster in it appeared: it turned into the smell heavy cigarette smokers carry with them all the time. That annoying, disgusting, nauseating passive smoke smell which makes you open up all windows and politely ask your guests to swallow their own cigarettes if they please before you start having violent thoughts about them. This is the only fragrance so far that managed to make me angry. And I am not prone to anger. Sorry Tom Ford, I love most of the other fragrances you created, but this one I'll have to wash off before I puke. Where is the leather? Where is the sensuality? This is just sinthetic. It's a no-no for me, sorry.
Orangehaze99: I grew up in a family where nobody was smoking, but I do understand what you mean about this fragrance and I agree 100%.

orangehaze99

I think my previous post was not listed due to something I posted in it. Sorry, I'm new here. I grew up in a smoker's home, and that is the main thing I smell in this. It surprises me that not many other people smell that...or aren't bothered by it. Maybe it's my chemistry, or upbringing. Just shows how utterly subjective our views are. I love Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir, and bought samples of both based on reviews on this Forum. So I thought I was going to love this one too. Unfortunately, no.

orangehaze99

I want to get mad with all the people who posted such wonderful reviews, but like with art, it just reminds me how subjective an opinion about fragrance is. How influential the environment around us is...even our upbringing. I bought samples of Tobacco Vanille and Noir de Noir based on reviews, and LOVED them. So, I ordered a sample of Tuscan Leather...and impatiently waited. And then today....maybe because I was a child of the 1970s and early 80s, and grew up in a house of smokers (something most young people today fortunately never have to deal with)..but the main thing I smell is SMOKE. Like nasty ash tray cigarette smoke. The leather is there, but too faint. I've been in MANY a leather store...and LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of leather, but my goodness, this is NO leather store I've ever been in. This is the smell I tried washing off of myself but never could as a child. WOW, I am amazed so few smell the smoke. But that's why I say, maybe it's all due to my past (or truly just my chemistry). I'm new to this site, but I've seen people discuss swaps. I'm very open to that. I'd hate for this to go to waste (even if it is a small sample). Send me a message!

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

A reviewer called this a total leather bomb - and so it is. It is a very nice leather bomb, however. The scent is that of fine, expensive things. It is strong - a couple of sprays are enough. And I can still smell it on myself and my shirt after 14 hours, so great longevity.

It goes on leathery, the heart note is leather and once it has dried to the base note, there's a hint of berry there. But rather than attempt to dissect it, I shall state that this just smells like luxury to me - like the interior of a very fine car, or a very nice leather bound volume. The main note is *luxury.*

I like it a lot - it is very rich smelling - but my wife isn't sure she likes it. That and the cost -$300/bottle - will probably preclude my ever buying it.

But gosh - it's wonderful!

--------

Update: It's too wonderful *not* to buy. So I sold a reproduction flintlock I wasn't using (perhaps the first time in the history of masculinity that a guy sold a gun to buy a perfume) and got myself a 3.4 oz,. bottle. In summary, I have not smelled a leather scent that smells as good as this!

p.s. My wife now goes Mmmmmmmm when she smells it on me. I go Mmmmmmmmm when I smell it on myself, too.

Strong leather fragrance. It reminds me Bandit by Robert Piguet because of the leather note, only Tuscan Leather is more soft and wearable.

My attempts to wear such a strong leather fragrances failed. So I think that it's good, but just not for me.

noirdrakkar
noirdrakkar

This is a total leather bomb. There are other ingredients, but this is 95% leather. And I actually like it. I'm usually not into manly musty dirty stinky scents, but this leather is both masculine and modern. Basically, just like a leather jacket.

This is not a mind-blowing scent, but it is one I like a lot. For $300, it is pricy, and whether you should buy this largely depends on whether you have a big budget or not. But if you do, I think you'll like this one a lot.

remik
remik

There is a lot of discussion as to what makes "leather" the scent in fragrances, and it varies from one perfumer to the next. Normally it's a vague interpretation of something that REMINDS you of leather, but isn't really leather per se. For example - shoe polish. It's not leather, but it sure puts in people's minds the image of nice leather pair of shoes. Or that nasty smell of leather tannery, with unprocessed hides soaking in various batches of chemicals. Not pretty at all, and not finished "leather" product - yet many consider this scent to be "leather" in fragrances. Or the scent of a dead animal cut open and reeking form inside out - sort of like that Tauntaun that Han Solo cut open and shoved Luke Skywalker into to keep him from freezing (Star Wars). That would be Dior La Collection Privée Leather Oud - it really stinks and they call it "leather" (ok, ok, this one goes from dead animal to cat piss on an old, worn leather jacket on day 2… and then on day 3 it turns softer - into a mattress soaked in urine by a kid that had an accident… and yes, this one does last 3+ days, even with two showers a day). How's that for "leather" interpretation?

So there are all those variations of "leather", and then there is Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. This is by far the most natural smelling leather I have experienced in a fragrance version. Tuscan Leather smells extremely clean, like the most luxurious, soft leather sofa, brand new leather attaché, high-end leather belt or wallet from an expensive designer house. Or - like the cabin of a brand new Rolls-Royce Phantom or Aston Martin Vanquish - take your pick. It is the kind of leather that we think about and smell when we experience finished leather products - good, high-quality leather products at that. Sure, one could argue that this is not a natural scent as it's a byproduct of processing animal hides in tanneries and I'm sure there are some aromatics added along the way to make dead animal skin smell pretty in the end, but that's a whole different discussion. Tuscan Leather, ladies and gentlemen, is what we associate with the kind of leather products we buy in high-end stores, not with dead-and-still-warm animal flesh or cat pee or motoroil mixed with gasoline. This is the embodiment of opulent and lavish leather surface at its finest.

Very masculine, sensual, elegant. I like it straight up, but it also works exceptionally well in layering with other fragrances - it's strong enough to not get overpowered and lost, yet it's soft enough to blend well with ouds/woods, florals, etc. Very linear and doesn't change almost at all over its long, long life (easily 18+ hours on my skin). Excellent projection and silage (it is in EDP strength). I bought only a small 50ml bottle and I'm kicking myself. When this runs out - I'm getting the biggest bottle they make. Pricey, but of all the Tom Ford Private Blend creations, this one stands out in my books with a "worth it" note.

Silage: 8/10
Overall: 10/10

au naturale
au naturale

Had this one for a couple of months, and long enough to know that I have a problem... My name is Au Naturale and I am a TL-aholic.

This is one of the most perfect scents I have ever come across. Tester strips do not do this one justice. It has to mix with your chemistry, and only then will you understand its importance to humankind.

On strips I passed this one over many times. It was too dry, too sharp, too synthetic. No soul. No direction. Empty.

I bought it just because I felt sorry for the salesperson I had held hostage for over 2 hours as I methodically worked through the Private Blend collection. It was to the point where her demeanor was " Just buy something, even if it smells terrible, and leave...please."
I am pretty picky though, so I can understand.

As it turns out, I would soon be in over my head. On skin, Tuscan Leather morphs from a "Ford" into a Ferrari. I was not prepared. This fragrance is "The Truth".

With a raspberry kiss from your loved one, the drop of an Italian Leather glove, and a steely exhaust note, you are off! Supple Suede and leather lines the interior of your shiny new ride. Speeding through the mountainside with the top down, the scents of Saffron, Jasmine and Thyme pass by in a blur. The only notes that are steady are: The high-end Suede, Italian Leather, the wood-grain steering wheel and dash, the Amber of the oil you are burning, the Steel of the machine as it works with perfect precision and beauty. And oh yes, that subtle Raspberry kiss on your cheek. It is an adrenalin rush of the senses. It is high-speed. It is clean. It is vibrant....It is addictive.

It projects beautifully with a few sprays, but appears to run out of "gas" at about the 5-6 hour mark. But trust me, it is still there. Your pulse points will kick up this scent all day long, and it will catch you by surprise (in a good way).

I find myself making excuses to wear it daily. I miss it when I dont have it on. I layer it with nearly all my scents to make TL "flankers"....

I should have gotten the 100ML...

This is very versatile, and can be worn by all genders, all occasions, all seasons, and I would say if you are of the age-range to be driving a Ferrari then this fits.
This is one sophisticated fine-tuned Masterpiece!

Sublime.
4.8/5

lovesupreme
lovesupreme

Evocative, Uplifiting and Sensual - all without being too loud, got to love Tom Ford's creations! - i just might get a full bottle - Now, 4 hours into fragrance and rasberry-birch-suede combination is driving me nuts! a little bit like Creed's Aventus, but so much more well done, i'd get this anytime over Aventus! Tuscan Leather 7.5/10 a job well done, but could project a little bit more.

faisal20
faisal20

want something which is exactly similar to this .. or maybe even better ... with price almost 70% lesser than this... Try the new Rasasi launch ... LA YUQAWAM ... you'll love it <3

Gstarr
Gstarr

This smells like a smokey sweet raspberry with leather! The leather is definately present. Totally UNISEX. Great fragrance.

ThatMakesScents

Reminds me of two things :

1. Odori Tabacco with plastic leather

2. Getting into a taxi cab with a hindu driver cerca 1980's NYC

I will stay with my Knize 10 and Dior Leather Oud.

Lasts roughly 5 hrs. Maybe just a little more.

Minnija
Minnija

oj YES!! it is real leather....I smell only leather, nothing more! It really smell like my new leather purse or the smell, when I open box with the new pair of leather heels, that is the smell. Real, pure leather. Staying power is even longer that I would like to! scent is very complex and dark, made very well, as all from TF line I believe ;) it is scent when I feel that on somebody, I will never quess what is it, I will be 100% sure that it is Tuscan leather, because nothing compare to this. Yes, will not wer with jeans or sport shoes :)

Guest_Fragmeister
Guest_Fragmeister

In my opinion, Tuscan Leather doesn't smell anything like leather. It doesn't smell like my leather jacket or how my leather shoes used to smell. Rather, it's a fruity tobacco scent which lasts a very long time and has good projection. I like it a lot, but leather? Nope.

nasser8383
nasser8383

highly recommended for leather fan

deadidol
deadidol

Domineering is the only way I can describe this. It's so forceful that it'll make your eyes water. To me, it's absolutely awful, but I can totally see why people love it. It's one of the most realistic leather scents I've run across, literally smelling like old biker jacket that's been in a smoky bar for a month. Jaw-droppingly realistic, eye-wateringly strong, incredibly well done, but certainly not for me.

Inessa66613
Inessa66613

Best leather smell ever!!! Like iam2sexy4uris said everyone seem to smell something luxury in this one but it "smells like an old leather boot mixed with cocaine". Isn't cocaine a luxury drug? No? Not anymore? And old leather shoe could be by A.Testoni as well. Well I don't know about you guys but I'm going to buy myself this "old leather boot with cocaine" as soon as I purchase black leather jacket :)

emillyclaire
emillyclaire

In a word, berry flavoured tobbaco.
The scent of berry is too strong and too sweet on my skin. It's like cheap berry flavoured gum.
If you prefer dry and cool leather scent, I won't recommend this.
Nice leather scent, not bad frangrance, but not for me.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

I don't know, maybe I am not getting something here, because everyone else seems to smell luxury and all I can smell is an old leather boot mixed with cocaine. I mean, it's unique if you're into that kind of smell, but I personally don't want to smell like a boot. The worst part about this fragrance for me is the lasting power, it smells and smells and smells and nothing can wash it off. I had gag reflexes for several days after trying this, it still haunts me.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

A true leather with raspberry, this combination as a forbidden fruit.
The safron complements this fruity touch, this flower reminds me a grape, and blends perfectly with this mix before.
Bring me the sensation of incense along with the light touch of frankincense, which was very well balanced.
The scenario of this perfume is you inside a limo in Las Vegas with the playboy bunnies, champagne and all you have right, a dream dizzying!

To describe this MASTERPIECE:
Lux Italian leather, yummy raspberry, wealthy saffron, manly agarwood...
I love this perfume...
It says I'm lux, I'm delicious, I'm rich.
I've tested this about 8 months ago on a paper, when I came home I put the paper on my sunglasses-cleaner cloth. Today, I accidentally sniffed that cloth and I could smell the perfume on it still! What an amazing fragrance... This one has the best longevity between all the perfumes I've ever smelled.
Absolutely beautiful.
Perfect for Autumn nights in formal meetings...
You want to get compliment? Want to be in the spotlight? Want to smell chic, powerful, expensive? Want to smell full of sensation? Want to get attention?
Well your answer is here, just apply Tom Ford Private Blend: Tuscan Leather.
Projection: 10/10
Sillage: 10/10
Overall: 1000/10
* A must have for me!

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

اولین چیزی که یادآوری چرم و بوی بسیار قوی مردانه یا یک زن قوی وخود ساخته را با آرامش زعفران آماده میکند تا تصور شنونده را برای فردی سنگین احساس میکنید ولی بدانید توجه شما برای این شخص بدون عمق رایحه شیرین وتلخی تنباکو تدائی نخواهد شد که در مراسم های گذشته شما را برای عشق وشهوت آماده کرده بدون انکه خود خواسته باشی پس مرکز عبور این شخص را باکاکائو و آجیل خوردنی واما سنگین. فرش قرمز را برای ضربه در آهنگ بول هوسی پهن شده.

scissorshand_j

i sprayed it on my skin 30 hours before, but surprisely, I can still smell it. I've never found any frangrance which whould stay on my skin that long..and the dry down is soooooo nice...LOVE IT TO DIE

aschiffm
aschiffm

Ahh I'm blown away by this leather scent! It smells luxuriously like Black dark leather, and has a buttery coziness about it while still being avant grade and tough. When it starts to dry down it gets less stand-off-ish and I really smell the olibanum , smoky and warm almost like hippie nag champa. Badass..

daisyM
daisyM

That's how a rocker dressed in leather would smell after riding his Harley the whole day and going to a very smoky bar.

scissorshand_j

this is a very rich and smoky frag, and I am soooo supirsed by its lasting power. I spayed it on my hand back today. i took a shower and washed some clothes. but I can slightly smell it...and very very sexy nudity base note...LOVE IT!

Mighty lion
Mighty lion

Classic leather scent this is for a daring and distinguished playboy of a gentleman who's not concerned with the price tag.. I've seen comments about this frag being intoxicating and addicting which is somewhat ironic because this frag actually mimics the smell of "cocaine" in parfum form.. Some might be repulsed by that, but I think it's ingenious because it's intoxicating like a drug.. Also if u want to create a super fragrance mix this with Tobacco Vanille or Oud wood also by TF I promise you the most exquisite scent ever.. Maybe what a playboy Billionaire would smell like..One crucial note this is definitely a cold weather frag along with Tobacco Vanille, I repeat COLD WEATHER only for optimum results ..

Jarrah
Jarrah

The most innovative and beautiful unisex perfumes of our time. smells fresh, sexy, chick and leathery
Love It

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

I can't get this fragrance out of my head. I went to neiman marcus to test all the tome fords, And while some i like. This was the one i LOVED. The only one that made me say wow. So i sprayed it on to give it a wear and test. And i freakin love it. A loud leather/suede fragrance with some sweatness. Kinda like a new suede interior in a car. I dont smell the actual scent of vanilla and rasberry but as the scent develops there is a sweatness in the backround the comes through kinda sweat creamy. Not to be confused with a gourmand, Just a hint of sweatness with the leather. The perfect masculine scent. This scent is what you wear when your wearing a nice black button down shirt or suit on a night out or classy event. This is gonna compete with my DHI which i also wear with the same type of black button down. Each will serve its purpose though. Amazing how i love a scent like DHI which is a little feminine and at the same time love TL. Can't wait to get a bottle.

hithereimdan

This is an intensely rich and ultra-masculine scent, for sure. The only problem with it is versatility: I don't dare to even make eye contact with it on my shelf, much less spray it on my skin, in the daytime or in warmer months.

Vincents1278

It's mine and you can't have it. I'm glad it's so expensive; I will run into less people that also wear it. Well-rounded smooth leather with very nicely blended notes that come together to create a whole rather than separate notes popping up here and there. Sartorial, classy, manly, a little dark and mysterious. Long-lasting.

erik.siqueira
erik.siqueira

Born to be wild!

saguna
saguna

First time a perfume makes me speechless. It's so beautiful, masculine, but interesting on my skin as well. I love to spray it after shower, especially now, when nights are colder, and bath in my dreams wrapped in leather raspberry and sensual cloud.
It's definitely a perfume for winter and cold days, as someone noticed, would be hard to stand it in humid and hot weather.

I think I'm in troubles with this one, as it's so expensive , and I have only 10ml decant from a friend of mine.

vertoxrealms222

Btw does anyone get hints of oud in this?

vertoxrealms222

This is my no.1 scent, but I just bought it yesterday, day 1 I sprayed two on wrists two on neck, rub my wrists then rubbed on neck then finished on my shirt, it has a beautiful opening with leather rasberry and hints of saffron, amber? But definitely really animalistic.
For as long as I was in my home no one could smell it unless they were sniffing my shirt or wrists, probably because the indoor atmosphere was warm and mixed withall sorts of smells. Hell I could barely get hints of it.. But as soon as I stepped outside(maybe after 30 minutes) it's like the scent was resting on me and the wind just flew off all the feathers on my body, it was beautiful. But still the spillage must been within or upto 6 feet, and as soon as I sat in the car the scent went back into its cocoon.
For at least another hour when I was outside my brother said he could smell it, then slowly it started to fade, within the next hour only a few hints with the breeze, after a complete 3-4 hours I think it was gone pretty much left to me skin, I had to keep smelling my wrist and collar. It's been over 16 hours I just woke up and if I smell my clothes it's like the shirt is stained with it, I like that but I'd appreciate it to catch other people's noses around me.
I'm in the middle with this right now, I'm gonna give it a few goes, change the way I spay it and stuff, because some people get a monster from it and some people get 2 hours and poof!

jeffreywelch
jeffreywelch

Tuscan Leather is one of the most lovely fragrances I own. It is deep, dark, juicy leather and is best suited, in my opinion, for evenings and during the cooler months of the year. I cannot imagine wearing this fragrance during the hot, humid months of an Atlanta summer. As I start working Tuscan Leather into my routine during the cooler months, I top layer it with Neroli Portofino. It creates a lighter, crisper note, and a yummy one at that. This fragrance definitely turns heads and creates a lot of buzz. I cannot tell you how many times I have been asked "What is that fragrance you are wearing?" By the looks on most of the faces, this question is a good question. I am sure this fragrance may be a bit bold and complex for some. Tuscan Leather definitely isn't mainstream. The price prevents that, but I also think the mainstream may be intimidated by how big this fragrance truly is. I believe I will always have Tuscan Leather as part of my fragrance collection. Enjoy!

Garyjames
Garyjames

"HEYYY MOTHERF@&$&RS IM LEATHERRR!!!"
Tuscan, can you quiet down please, I'm trying to get ready here.
"HURRY UP BRO, LET'S GO MEET SOME LAYDEEZ!"
Tuscan, we're going to church. That's totally inappropriate.
"LEATHER! OHHH YEAH"
Seriously, knock it off. I'm going scrub you off of my arm if you don't calm down.
"GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BRO, IT'S LEATHEr TIME [email protected]"
You're so classy and refined when you calm down, I don't know why you have to be so obnoxious at first...

Zenith
Zenith

I tried this and liked it when I was lucky enough to find a place that sold it. Cut to a few months later, I bought a leather aromachemical compound off a wholesaler called "Spanish Leather" I swear they are almost 100% identical. Only that cost $9.50 for 100ml

As with a fair few of the private blends, I think it is a solid fragrance, but neither interesting nor of high enough quality to merit a purchase

dani_i89
dani_i89

You can keep your blends "private", Tom. Along with tobacco vanille, this is horrible. People must be blinded by the name and price. Take those factors out and u have a well under sub-par scent that's too strong and just unpleasant. Smells like something a really old man would wear. would very much rather wear anything i can randomly point out in the cheapies section Stay well away

Pegasus
Pegasus

Classy, rich, luxurious with excellent projection and longevity. Definitely a winner!!!

BRIECHEESE1188
BRIECHEESE1188

This is a virtual road trip in a bottle: Picture a handsome rogue in a leather jacket who pulls up to a gas station in the middle of the desert on his Harley. Leather and a wee bit of cigar smoke hanging in the background. I actually do get an exhaust fumes kind of smell too, which appeals to me because I love the smell of gasoline. Not sure if I should wear it out, but I'll surely wear it around the house. Might spritz this on the boyfriend and see what he thinks, too!

partan.iran
partan.iran

امیدوارم بتونم بوی یک شاهکارو خوب توضیح بدم
چشمهایم را میبندم
در یک خانه ی چوبی زیبا و لوکس کلاسیک مزین و البته کمی پر شده با فرنیچر مدرن امریکایی حضور دارین.
کف پوش ها ، دیوارها با چرم اعلا پوشانده شده اند و شمع هایی با عصاره زعفران ناب در حال تمام شدن هستند! اغلب فرنیچر خانه با روکش های سفید آغشته به جاسمین پوشیده شده
و یک کوکتل خوشبوی تمشکی در کنار شماست که حالا دیگه بوی اون با چرم ترکیب شده و فضا رو پر کرده...
این همون حسیه که موقع بو کردن این عطر نماما لوکس به من دست داد
این عطر تماما یاداور یک چیز است و آن هم ثروت!!
در ابتدا با حجم عجیبی از بوی زیبای چرم بمباران میشوید که این بو تا آخر عمر عطر ادامه دارد.
از ابتدا بوی زعفران رو حس خواهین کرد که بسیار هم حرفه ای قرار داده شده تا اینکه کمکم این بو میمیرد و جای خودرا به نوع خاصی از مخلوط تمشک و یاسمن میدهد والبته بوهای فلورال دیگر، همان دو بویی که لوکس بودن کار را چند برار میکنند. این ترکیب چرم ،تمشک و جاسمین تا انتهای عمر عطر ادامه دارد .در طول عمر عطر یک تلخی بی رحمو بسیار هااای کلاسیو حس میکنین که از اون سیر نمیشین . و دوام آن بالای 10 ساعت است

Muzoona

I love it. the interesting thing is that .. most of the people around me .. don't like it!! maybe its very popular in Middle East and people used to smell it everywhere. but i still love it.

vergil_s
vergil_s

بالاخره موفق به تست این عطر شدم.
یه بوی سنگین دودی داره که فوق العاده مردونست.
به درد جاهای رسمی و شیک میخوره.
اما من خودم وقتی میخوام پول زیاد بدم فعلا ترخیح میدم از کارهای creed , bond no.9 بخرم.
اما این کار فورد هم واقعا تک و خاص بود.

thomasrainy
thomasrainy

This is amazing!!! It has a very strong cigar smell tobacco base. It is very similar to Clive Christian C(my fav scent). I will buy a big bottle of this one :)

hithereimdan

I love this smell and I want to add that I associate this smell with adulthood, authority, and hyper-masculinity. I think it best suits an alpha-male tough guy!

miskshoppe
miskshoppe

Excellent Longeivity and Sillage. Perfume is very hip. I have a perfume oil form of this from Surrati perfumes. The oil lasts more than 24 hours. I love to mix it with some white musk to sweeten it a bit.

This is the best perfume of the years 2011-2012 .

Margarita1982
Margarita1982

This is what i call one bad smell...come on people..are we nuts here?

WOW!!!
This is BEAUTIFUL!
WOW!!!!!!!
I can smell leather and agarwood... But leather is more powerful.
This is a really well-balanced blend.
I think no woman can wear this, because it's so manly.
A really chic and classy leather.
I MUST BUY IT!
Give it to me Tom Ford!
But the price is so so so expensive, about 300$ for 50ml in my country!!
Perfect for Autumn nights in formal meetings...
WOW! It's just beautiful...
Well your answer is here, just apply Tom Ford Private Blend: Tuscan Leather.
But be careful where you want to use it.
Longevity, projection, sillage, scent: Absolutely perfect!!
Overall: 15/10 !!!

akats
akats

This is unique. I did not love it, but I liked it because It's something new and does not repeat other's recipes. For me, is a close to skin smell, not agressively leathery, or masculine but light and soft. It can be worn alone or combined with a woody, or even fruity feminine fragrance.

Mridul Chopra
Mridul Chopra

I have fallen in love with a fragrance Tuscan Leather from Tom ford, so decided to do a review on this fragrance. This is what i feel about my new found love. i hope all You guys would like it.
Tom ford Tuscan leather=== Now this is a fragrance that has the balls to blow away most of the people with its unique but affluent smell. If I was the publisher of Oxford dictionary then Tuscan leather would have been the first synonym for the word “Richness”. Yes with this fragrance you have the blessing to sniff luxury and class, which is invaluable.

Presentation= When you pay close to 200 pounds for a fragrance, then it is quite obvious that there would lots expectation from not only the juice inside but also the presentation. That brings me to the quality of bottle, wow Tom Ford has done an astounding job to match the bottle with the juice inside. I imagine this bottle to be the crown of the Arabic king with all the elegance and artistic touch to it. The atomizer is of supreme quality as well, you would expect the spray to hit your torso in one go. All in all Tom Ford knocked this one right of the park with presentation.

Scent= I am so excited to describe this marvelous piece of art, so without further ado let’s start the kaleidoscopic journey of this scent. At first you get very sharp and at your face leather blast, none the less it is still very wearable leather top note. With it you get a bit of saffron acerbity, which blends well with the swanky leather, though saffron could only be detected by experienced noses. The top notes of this fragrance do project extremely well and they stay there for at least four hours, so those who are not big fan of leather fragrances should stay away from this juice. Then after couple hours, saffron tends to die down and makes way for Jasmine and Raspberry notes. Mind you, leather is still lurking behind in the background, but accompanied with the sublime sweet mix of Jasmine and Raspberry. This is when; it would be safe to say that no other scent is even close to the uniqueness of this jewel. All the notes are so well blended that at no point you feel cloying, even though this scent has monstrous projection. This unusual blend of leather, Jasmine and Raspberry lasts till the end, and on your skin the end means good 15 to 20 hours of longevity. If you spray it on your clothes then a wash is the only way to get rid of this fragrance. From top to base notes everything feels very natural, refined and cultured. The silage is also appropriate, as people would notice you every time.

Analogy== when I smell this scent, I always think of a lavish wooden room with hanging candles holders all around. The room’s walls and flooring has the most fancy leather covering, and there are white sheets layering the furniture in the room. These sheets are specially dry cleaned and washed with jasmine extract, which fills the room with sweetness and freshness. Exclusive music is being played, where artists of 1980’s are performing with the modern day beats. A romantic suited booted couple is sitting at the table and enjoying the raspberry martini. They are in deep love, which would never fade away.

ahnafuz
ahnafuz

i tried it along with all other tomford collection and found it best of all of them. it is a heavy winter perfume. start is just leather, which lasts for about 30 min, and changes into something sweet like musk (even though it is not shown in the listing but i felt like that). good lasting power. very nice perfume after half an hour or so. but the price is unfairly high.

Scentrist
Scentrist

My review might simply be an echo of others, but here goes:

This was the first Tom Ford Private Blend I purchased about 3+ years ago and I probably have 1/2 of his original line. This is the fragrance that resonates the most with me (Noir de Noir a very close second). It's a not-too-subtle leather, somewhat brash in its opening accords, yet toned and tamed by the raspberry and saffron. It's just enough to push the envelope a bit and not be just another dull designer frag. In fact, if I need to pick one fragrance for traveling, this usually gets the nod as it's professional, polished, and just edgy enough as not to feel stodgy.

I love this, the staying power is a bit better than 'good' for an EDP, and it isn't overly complex. That said, onto the common comparison: Tuscan Leather with Clive Christian's "C" for Men. There is a passing similarity, but if you linger around them you'll note that there is far more depth to "C", longevity for days, and an x-factor which cannot quite be described. I have both, and I save "C" for special occasions. Tuscan Leather is just such a brilliant daily-wear/signature-scent. Very much a classic.

UrbanBeautiful
UrbanBeautiful

I am so deeply in love with this. And I never wanted anything as badly as this one... and nothing ever as expencive.
Tuscan Leather is beautiful. I am 21 and I discovered my love for leather to be beyond normal, and so this is why this scent is perfection to me!
At first, when I smelled it in the shop, I only got a sharp leather note... nothing else, but it was so projecting and strong, without a will to fade. I was thinking what I could combine this fragrance to, if i bought it, because to me in the cloud of perfumes all around me, tuscan leather seemed so linear. Beautiful, linear leather, but with the need to layer and accesoirize.
But now, at home, where all the fumes are gone, I smell much more than linear leather. It even smells much softer now, where I am testing it in i quiet surrounding. I get the beautiful raspberries.. ripe, fresh, and very subtle, but it fulfills the sharp leather so well. whenever there are difficult perfumes, i have to think alot about how i could wear a fragrance. sometimes i fail, because it is not easy for a 21 year old blonde girl to always wear difficult and strong fragrances without getting to much negative attention. but, i dont even have to think about this one.. the picture just comes to my mind all by itself.

i imagine a rainy morning, somewhere in the middle of fall or early spring. where it is still slightly cold, and very foggy... and it is drizzling or even raining.
its miserable, but on the other hand, so beautiful.... wet, misty, and quiet... very melancholic. so you put on your leather jacket, and walk out, no matter if you want or have to.. the weather is so horrible and wonderful at the same time, it gives you the shivers and calms you... and you just know that you have a wonderful day in front of you, especially if the weather doesnt change.

i am in deep deep love, and everytime i smell, i close my eyes, and smile.

Much ado about nothing. A true to life leather note with a strong fruity/raspberry presence. Nice at first, unbearable in the drydown. Gimmick. That's it.

Overpriced? Naaahh

divadani
divadani

This smells like Givenchy Hot Couture EDT sprayed over a leather armchair in a smoker's room... Yeah, that's pretty much it.

AtlanticusFinch
AtlanticusFinch

Maybe it's the 5ML decant sample I bought or maybe it's the chemistry with my skin, but I never got much (if any) leather scent. Instead, this opened like the fumes from a tire incinerator -- burning rubber -- with just a hint of raspberry/jasmine in the deep background and around the edges to keep the acrid burning scent from being too, too bitter. The tire incerator blasted on for four hours or so then slowly faded to the background as the raspberry/jasmine emerged -- still enveloped in smoke -- but now the smoke was too sweet instead of bitter. No love or sex to be found here (but then, I prefer feathers to handcuffs) -- too bizarre and never pleasing to me. Scent lasted on my wrist 24 hours in spite of being washed twice.

efm
efm

My 22 yr old son bought this for himself with "birthday money". Haven't decided if I am horrified at his extravagance or delighted with his good taste. Bit of both ?

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

A previous review called Tuscan Leather Beauty and the Beast, Heaven and Hell rolled into one, and I couldn't agree more. TL opens with smoky, gritty leather reminiscent of perhaps a biker jacket after a night of riding and carousing in smoke-hazed dives. Then the raspberry and vanilla slip in, giving TL a surprisingly sweet edge, but rather than shunting aside the leather the sweet notes blend with it. Saffron and olibanum add a spicy kick, reminding you with all the sweetness that the wolf still lurks beneath, but don't worry, it won't bite. The scent remains dark and spicy overall, but the sweetness just beneath the surface keeps TL from going too rough. Sillage is strong but not cloying, and since you need so little, TL is so well-blended, and the longevity is so superb, the high price tag is justified in my mind.

I can't help but envision the lead singer of a death metal band who, despite their scary exterior, writes their SO sonnets and sings them ballads when the couple is alone. Since this pretty much describes my husband (who wears TL as well as me and is the only scent he's specifically asked to put on him),a decanter bottle may soon be in my possession.

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather is as leathery as it can get. Very sophisticated rich leather. Masculine but i can see a lady wearing it. Great for layering with other frags from private blend like White Suede or Noir de Noir. Highly recommended. I get compliments everytime i wear it. Longevity and projection is excelent as well. Very well made leather scent!!!

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

The scent opens with a pungent blast of leather just like a quality new leather jacket. In the background there is raspberry/Jasmine scent, after time the leather softens and the raspberry/jasmine accord come to the forefront of the fragrance.

When you first smell the scent its like wow I did not expect to smell this realistic fragrance of leather like you are sitting in a brand new car with leather upholstery. Now the raspberry/jasmine accord does help to tame the leather so it does not overwhelm the senses. Eventually the leather fades and you are just left with the raspberry/jasmine scent.

I like this fragrance as its very unusual and I like how they have captured the leather then mixed it with the raspberry/jasmine. Nice

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

Smells like a musty, leather jacket! Brings to mind a smoky guitar player in a garage.
This is one fantastically unique fragrance.
Would I be able to wear this? For the price I don't think I could, but give me a few sample viles and I'm set for a day to remember, the day I spent walking the corridors smelling like a pilot, an engineer, or in some ways a rock star!

There is a strong blast of leather to begin with, the kind you might smell upon entering a leather goods store, then over time that new molecule (raspberry and wood) takes over. It's the molecule in Diesel Fuel for Life Men and also Elegance by Lacoste (or one that's very similar). I prefer Elegance to this one, but I'm not a big fan of it in any case, because it seems to really dominate the fragrance. That wouldn't be so bad if it had some depth to it, but it's more of a "two dimensional" note, and because it doesn't blend well with other notes, it gets boring quickly. In TL, you sometimes get a waft of that leather goods store note, but it's not enough to make this a fragrance I have much interest in. I prefer the powdery iris, cinnamon, and touch of amber you get in The Knize Ten by a wide margin, for example. Not a terrible fragrance for sure, but I've got too many I prefer to this one to give it a second thought.

panda0410
panda0410

Oriental, spicy, very masculine leather. Its amazing!! The thyme and saffron in this are the real kickers to that oriental spicy overture, and leather is there, smoky, highly masculine, a little dirty and very prominent... on the right woman this would be a killer!! As it wears it softens a little, the jasmin gives it a slightly sweet softness and I think I love it!! Would I wear it every day? Hell no... but in the winter you can bet this will be in front of my rotation!!

Longevity is superb, 12+ hours, sillage is appropriate for this kind of scent. Everything about this perfume is quality.

Ladies dont be afraid of this one, masculine as though it is, if you have the chemistry to pull it off then do like me and make it your own! Its addictive and utterly worth owning :)

Helsinki
Helsinki

Tuscan Leather makes me coo and aww. All you can hear is chiming of delighted AHs and OHs. Tuscan Leather is one of the deepest, darkest, thickest leathers.

The essence of this fragrance is a strong and smokey leather boosted with thyme. It leans towards masculine. I (F,22) love to play the wild card and confuse people by wearing scents that are marketed for men.. but you know what, I must say that I wasn't completely comfortable with TL's macho masculinity. Feminine nuances glow in their absence.

But I still adore this perfume, this artwork! Tuscan Leather smells expensive. And it doesn't just smell expensive, it is. Splurge your savings and enjoy!

saint james
saint james

I have this; bought it for my birthday last year. It is not something I want to smell like daily; but every once in a while I crave the scent. I mostly scent things I own; my leather bags, brief cases, my coat, etc. It is best in the winter in my experience. I mix it with my patchouli scents (I wear them on my skin). I always get a compliment that helps to make my day.

BIG
BIG

OMG! This indeed smells like a pair of new leather shoes! WOW!!! Smells expensive and refined.

autumn89
autumn89

I would agree that this is a particularly masculine fragrance, more so even than any of the other private blends, which all seem to lean more towards men than women. But wear what you like.

Its a very smoky, dry concoction that lingers for hours but stays pretty close to the skin, at least on me.

Try layering with Tobacco Vanille. Its amazing.

Best suited to Winter, like most of the private blends.

once the raspberry (which smells incredibly natural) disappears all i get is leather. Its very realistic, but best to layer it. I dont think it works that well on its own.

Also, i rarely find scents too masculine or too feminine but i'd say a woman might have trouble pulling this off on its own.

Together with Tobacco Vanille it is just incredible.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

A very unusual aromatic experience for my nose indeed! The opening is amazing -dry raspberries and herbs and then the leathery smell that invades the composition is kind of crude and agressive but still surprisingly provokative and addictive. The drydown is vanilla exhaust fumes, not even similar to anything else I have smelled before. It's more on the masculine side but I would still like to have a few drops available for special occasions. Great staying power!

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

Leather is right up front, along with a sharp citrusy geranium. It’s a new, raw leather, like those unfinished leather goods that start out a matte light tan and gradually weather to a shiny dark brown finish, darkening quicker in areas that get a lot of pressure (do they even sell that sort of leather in the US?) As the scent dries down, the leather is still there, but not nearly as prominent, since there’s an herbal-woody sillage that goes with it. There might even be a tiny hint of teak, but if so, it blends well and isn’t strong enough to be obnoxious. After a half hour or so the frankincense becomes noticeable, and it is at this point that the perfume hits full bloom. After an hour or two the leather goes away, leaving a woody geranium scent that lingers all day.

I like this scent quite a bit, especially in the early phase, and would definitely wear it, not caring whether others perceive it as “manly”.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

Oh my God.

I am a woman and I would love to own it.Of course I would also love to smell it on a stylish man.
Very addictive.
Very longlasting.
Very expensive.

A mix of asphalt,smoke and rubber keeps the secret of the raspberry sweetness and the jasmin fragility and reveals it to the patient.

The leather jacket is a cover up.There is a true,sensitive heart beating in there.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I was sent home with a sample of this, which I spritzed on my significant other, as this is just not a woman's scent.

On my SO it smells strongly of 'smoke', like chanel's Sycomore. It is edgy, manly, crisp and a tad sweet. Kind of like what men smell like when they walk out of a bar in the middle of a midwestern winter.

As a woman, do I find this 'sexy'? No, i would want a more earthy, woody scent, ala Cuir Beluga. but I appreciate the quality and originality.

guest_jayjayell
guest_jayjayell

I agree with the negative and positive comments - it's raw and a little crude, and does little beyond it's initial impression (even save the monosyllabic vanilla that appears), and it's a rude version of a leather. But, it is a sexy scent and very modern. It's a good crossover to a more classic leather, such as Cuir de Russie.

Horrible. Sawdust, sour sawdust and redwood going sharp. Horrid. There’s a bunny rabbits note that is okay, but it goes away into …sour sawdust. There's leather in this? Where?

veruska
veruska

The first time i tested that i thought i liked because it seemed very light and giggling for a leather scent. But after some testing i must admit it relly bores me. I don't even care fror the cheerful opening notes(in some blogs they said that it smells like cocaine, but i really can't confirm that). In my nose is just sickly sweet and fruity. Later on when the olibanum hits the nose is fairly pleasant, but it doesn't last and the faint leathery odor that follows is highly unreamarkable especialy for someone with the taste and instict for perfume as Tom Ford.

Aiona
Aiona

Leather jacket. Diesel exhaust fumes. Oil change. I have never smelled ANYTHING like this before!

I take that back. I have never smelled a PERFUME like this before. But I have smelled a leather jacket, diesel exhaust fumes, and the smell that comes from changing one's car oil. And this is it.

Three hours later, there's a vanilla smell that just gets stronger and stronger. Vanilla leather! Wow! I think I'm in love.

Staying power is awesome. Over 12 hours later, and I still am smelling vanilla leather. Amazing longevity, with just a little tiny dab.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Tuscan Leather fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.