Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Violet Blonde Tom Ford for women

ozonic
Violet Blonde Tom Ford for women Pictures Violet Blonde Tom Ford for women Pictures

Tom Ford had announced the release of his Signature Collection of fragrances by the end of 2011. This collection represents a part of his latest make - up line. Of the three expected perfumes, the first one will be released in early September 2011. It is named Violet Blonde and it is based on powdery notes of violet and iris. Two other upcoming fragrances are Jasmin Rouge and Santal Blush.

Violet Blonde, glamorous and sophisticated, opens with violet leaf, Italian mandarin and pink pepper. The centerpiece of the composition consists of Tuscan iris absolute, Tuscan orris butter, Sambac jasmine and sampaquita. The base is home to elegant and sophisticated tones of musk, suede, cedar, vetiver and benzoin.

The alluring blonde Lara Stone was chosen to feature the campaign of the whole line. Violet Blonde is available as 30 and 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

Mandarin Orange Pink Pepper Violet Leaf

iris Jasmine Orris Root

Vetiver Musk Virginia Cedar Benzoin Suede

Violet Blonde Fragrance Reviews

Shimmersmom
Shimmersmom

I tried this a couple times, wanting to love it. Just can't do it. I doesn't sit well on me. Maybe by the very end I can tolerate it, but not worth a purchase. So many other TF fragrances to choose from that suit me better.

lesgalaxies
lesgalaxies

Now this has been an interesting one.. when I first tested this I thought, "yuuuck!" nothing but overwhelming, dry, dry powder! Completely dismissed it as another overbearing TF monster.

While searching for some new fragrances at Nordstrom, this was on prominent display with a nearly empty tester bottle. So I tried it again, thinking I must be crazy.

Again, dry and powdery but also something very subtle I hadn't picked up on my first time.. the florals. Fresh and airy, just my type. Jasmine? Natural smelling jasmine, at that. I absolutely loathe synthetic white flowers (ie Dior Pure Poison, Alien, sorry ladies..)

Unfortunately I ultimately dismissed it as too "familiar", as its white flowers soooo remind me of the ones in Coco Chanel. Luckily, I spritzed myself before having left so I got to watch it on the dry down. Maybe my expectations are just too high, because I just drilled with my cynicism all the way home.

Hours after, just before falling asleep, I could smell a whole new side to VB -- a warm suede, and wispy white flowers with smoky resins. Ugh! Too brilliant. It was just luxurious and probably one of the smoothest new scents I've tested in a long while.

I don't get much of the citrus notes, they seem to be tied into the white flowers, and again, very subtle. If I had sprayed a bit more generously, I may have gotten the full effect -- anyway, I went ahead and ordered it that night. Another review will be posted, hopefully not as obnoxiously long as this.

TumiNkosi
TumiNkosi

I am a fan of Tom Ford's - I have White Patchouli and Black Orchid in my perfume wardrobe and I love them both. With TF, you either love his fragrances or you loathe them.

In this case, I absolute loathe Violet Blonde. It smells cheap, synthetic, purple and soapy. It does have a nice violet background scent to it but the rest of the make-up is nauseating. Oh no - pass this one!

Phantosmia Bella
Phantosmia Bella

I was so excited about the notion of violets and suede... yet this is a sad combination of synthetic violets and something really sweet, but no suede.

I really hope this is just a bad reaction with my chemistry, and that it smells glorious on others...

antihero
antihero

Violet Blonde is sensual with a touch of masculinity.
This is a love for me: the iris, violet, and musk.
I smell a bit of faint pink pepper and the orris, I love the way orris amplifies the violet.
If blind-folded with this sprayed I think most people would recognize this as a Tom Ford creation.
A wonderful, sexy fragrance.

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Doesn't work great with my chemistry. Not uninteresting notes. Dat sillage though. Heavy.

My new favourite! Soft, warm, elegant and sophisticated scent thats encircling me all day. Soft and almost skinclose with wonderfull wiffs around me from time to time. Last few months I have fallen totally for Iris-notes and here it is in a great mix with Voletleaf, Suede and Musk. Love, love, Love it!

Min nya favorit! Mjuk, varm, elegant och sofistikerad parfym som omringar mig hela dagen. Mjuk och nästan lite hudnära med härliga wiffar som dansar runt mig då och då. De sista månaderna så har jag blivit helt galen i Iris-noter och här är den i en härlig mix med Violblad, Mocka och Musk, Bara älskar den!

VeeNVegas
VeeNVegas

Such a disappointment! The opening of Violet Blonde is all I expected it to be and more. A beautiful burst of violets and leather and something I thought for a moment was oud but that's not here so I'm not sure what I am smelling.. I love this part but it only lasts a few minutes. It dries down to a MUCH softer version of this for the next hour. Then it was just gone! If there was any sillage or longevity to this it would be on my top shelf of favorites.
I expected so much more from a Tom Ford perfume. I much prefer Balenciaga L'Essence as a violet fragrance but so wanted a good violet/leather mix!

polly golightly
polly golightly

note di testa a base di foglie e fiori di violetta. l'accordo si assesta nel tempo su cuoio e legno. una violetta maschile e aspra che svela un sentore di gelsomino, molto diversa dai soliti profumi caramellosi

Bodda89
Bodda89

I'm a straight man and i like to wear this in winter

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I really need a full bottle of this!
This opens with quite a masculine opening on me, suedey leathery smells, ceder, vetiver, pepper, almost a hint of cumin? along with green violet leaf. Then along comes orris and iris to play with the violet, softening this and making it more feminine, the violet leaf along with orris and iris giving an illusion of violet flowers, fleetingly, here one moment and gone the next. The suede, vetiver, cedar and pepper give this a slight masculine edge that I enjoy a suedey woody green smell, while the iris, violet leaf and orris make this softer and more feminine. The muskiness is present from about half an hour in, for me. This is a nicely crafted perfume, not the easiest to wear but not difficult either.
Longevity, on skin I'd say about 6-8 hours with surprisingly soft sillage. On clothes it lasts longer, as expected. Only downside really is the price, this stuff doesn't come cheap where I live. I would very much like to have a large bottle of this as I think I would wear it often, seeing as it balances my love of quite strong slightly masculine notes with my love of violets...suede and violet, mmmm....but it is nearly £100 for a small bottle in the only place I have found selling it! Going to keep my eye out for better deals but in the meantime I will have to just use this on the days I pass the store selling it!

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a pleasant powdery violet fragrance with low sillage and about 3 hours of longevity. It's a pretty flora, low key and lightly sophisticated. It reminded me strongly of Ellen Tracy Bronze--but Bronze is a slightly more powerful floral (more floral notes listed, but violet is still predominent, with the powderiness), with stronger sillage and better longevity. If you like this style of violet but dislike the pricetag, pop by your local TJ Maxx for a cheap box of Bronze.

gardeniapetunia
gardeniapetunia

1972 beauty parlor top note.
As an obsessed gardener, I cannot pick out a violet note at any point and the overall feeling is perfectly fine for downtown big city USA. And it's not that I despise it, really, if I worked in an urban sophisticated environment and wanted to project the image of a confidant, don't-mess-with-me woman, this would be perfect. As it is, it’s too mature for me at age fifty.

Larabella
Larabella

Wonderful scent, light and classy, reminiscent of summer.

Exenidi
Exenidi

The first hour is a torture for me - can't put up with e cold top notes? However, it becomes more and more unique as it warms up on the skin and blends into the chemistry of the skin. a dry down seems to me very similar to Chanel Allure.. Overall, very interesting and intriguing fragrance. Love it on someone else, rather than on me.

RiqueSchiavon
RiqueSchiavon

This perfume in my vision is not about violet leafs only! It's about parma violet too! When I first sprayed I could smell the explosion of parma violet that only Flower By Kenzo provides me! Incredible!! After this significant and captivating explosion of parma violet (even not being a note) the fragrance walks but now without any parma violet and it is exactly when the violet leafs and the iris enter together with the orris root and that for me makes a great pair with the virginia cedar providing a type of earthy sensation but always with floral surroundings that stays till the end of the fragrance and that is for sure made by the jasmine covered with a spicy and acid cover of pink pepper and mandarin orange! OH and the beginning the fragrance always reminds me of the smell of lipsticks/makeup, maybe because of the iris <3 ! Another great sensation that only Dior Homme Intense have given to me! A genuine masterpiece but that could project more on me :p!

Final Notes:

Fragrance:10/10
Longevity:8/10
Sillage: 6/10

HollyBiani
HollyBiani

Tom Ford, you are amazing. This is a rich iris that blends perfectly with the violet. Amazing staying power. I don't really get the strong patchouli! Now, he does have a scent is Tom Ford White Patchouli. Or Mugler's Angel.

Briarthorn
Briarthorn

Where's my violet? I LOVE scents with violet leaves and cedar. This one though, is pretty much just cedar on me. It smells great, but I wanted violet leaf.

It remains pretty linear on my skin. It get's a little powdery (just a smidge) in the dry down and every so often I'll get a hint of Iris. The vetiver and orris give some depth to the cedar. But I wanted violet leaf too...

It's a lovely scent. Fantastic Longivity, wears close to the skin. It's a beautiful rich, and deep cedar scent. Very unisex.

gvalentinotti
gvalentinotti

This fragrance belongs to one of the masterpieces of Tom Ford. It 'a hymn to the woman, her class, her elegance and femininity.
It is a very sophisticated scent, sophisticated and elegant, perhaps one of the most refined fragrances on my skin. The refinement is given by the sweetness of iris, violet and from the powdery notes extremely delicate.
It 'a scent that can not miss in my wardrobe. I wear it as often as I plan to look sweet and romantic even in clothing.
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!

Violet Blonde for happy blonde - I thought while trying it. But, it turned out that ad image or name can't guarantee satisfaction! (I am joking a bit, hah)
This fragrance is for sure extraordinary, cause it is sharp fruity, even if only mandarin is listed above. Also, very dynamic, bossy, like female power in a bottle!
And yes, it is sexy. It is like a hot woman in Italy in midsummer, dancing all night and then walking with her boyfriend, embraced, back to the hotel...
Well, perfumes likings are in general about 2 things. The first is skin chemistry, you can't make compromise on that, cause something works with your skin or not. The second is personal tendency to some fragrances, some people prefer softer ones, while others - sharper. Also, bottles and ad images are working on our imagination. Choices we finally make, clearly reflect what we find attractive. What is important in here, you need to stay yourself. Then you will feel comfortable in your own skin.
Violet Blonde is far from mainstream perfume, so I think it is extra worthy. However, it is just not me.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Its nice enough but I am slightly disappointed by this 'mousy' perfume - I expected Violet Blonde to smell sharp, fresh and more blueish... But its very subtle - it opens with diffuse powder and hints of muted violet. The dry down on my skin is very sweet and musky - like condensed milk. Its much better on clothing - then the violet is more detectable and it has a nice smoky quality.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

I really really like this perfume but it is so weak... It wears like an eau de cologne on me, I must be anosmic to a fragrance for the first time in my life?
Contrary to several reviewers here I adore the sharp opening. It's a sexy car screeching to a halt, a dyed, blonde wearing something inappropriate opening the door mid-breaking. It's awesome and exciting.
After the promising beginning it stays and pleasantly tingles my senses for about 2 hours with suede and iris and a few aldehydic background notes but unfortunately fizzles out shortly after. The bodylicious Blonde becomes a shrinking violet....

I could never, ever, ever justify forking out full price for this.
I think the design of the bottle is amazing, I wouldn't mind having it on my dresser but the bottle itself isn't worth 120 EUR.
No one else seem to complain about longevity though so I just blame my chemistry and nose here.

yc01
yc01

This is a very unique and classy perfume from TF. It reminds me of a very strong, powerful and confident woman. I do not use it often but when my daughter used it, I love to smell my daughter, sniff sniff :)

bacall
bacall

The creator -- Tom Ford -- is not the only thing VB and BO hold in common, there is also the captivating modern edgy rich playfulness that elucidates a silent connection! VB is quite literally a floral take on BO.

Nimboo
Nimboo

A strong, more masculine violet.
Unfortunately on me I can smell 'sweat' that I've seen others have experienced too! But on the right person, this could be great.

demar4244
demar4244

I absolutely love this scent! I am new to perfumes. I've always avoided perfumes in the past because all the perfumes I've tried before either didn't smell good on my skin or irritated my allergies. This scent is sultry and sophisticated. It isn't sweet or heavy on me. I find myself sniffing my arm all day when I wear it!

sallyjwong
sallyjwong

This smells wonderful on paper. It would smell great on someone else, but not on me. Unfortunately, after the top notes, my body chemistry turns this into a pungent harsh scent in the drydown. Too strong for me. Maybe the juice in the bottle I sprayed was old or bad?

Scentsofwellbeing

Reminds me a LOT of Bulgari Pour Femme. This is more Iris and linear, whereas Bulgari Pour Femme is more floral with violet, jasmine and rose.

I prefer BPF to this, but still a decent fragrance

I prefer BPF to this, but still a decent fragrance

Mirabele
Mirabele

Pure violets here. Something is very wrong with my nose, i smell a note that is not listed, and i smell it a lot. This also smells sweet, and not in a good way, smells cheap sweet. I was so sure I will like it, but this is a big NO for me. I don't hate it so much after few hours and scrubbing twice but i still think i need a shower and it still smells like a teenage girl took an empty bottle of her her moms perfume, put some sugar & water and there you are. no thanks, not for me.

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

i tried yesterday on the paper.it still smells today.it has really powerful duration.

christianne1
christianne1

My nose does not translate this opening well at all. It just smells like nondescript perfume to me. Nothing stands out for a solid 15 minutes, it is just kind of a mish-mosh of different notes that do not really compliment or play upon each other. They all seem to be competing for first place and nothing is really winning. But if a winner must be chosen I guess it would be the pink pepper.

It finally settles into a soft powdery violet/iris/jasmine that smells nice and rather polite and feminine. But it is nothing exciting or distinct. It just kinda smells like "perfume".

I admit, I like an opening with impact. There needs to be something that catches my attention in some way and the opening on this fizzles so much that maybe I am not giving the dry down enough credit. All I know is that it is not anything I would ever consider purchasing, cool bottle or not (I love Tom Ford's bottles).

nathalie87
nathalie87

This is very nice! it really reminds me of chanel allure! but more approachable :-)

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

I saw this in the mens section at Sephora. Decent quality scent but also very feminine. Nothing really stands out to me but I do enjoy this fragrance. It is not elegant or classic in anyway. Modern sweet for 30 and above crowd. Wear it to work or with a little black dress. Simple yet effective compared to what is out there.

Guys stay away from this IMO.

Excellent longevity and sillage.

rockegg
rockegg

I read about this first and thought, violet AND pepper? How is that going to work? Well for me it's working great. We each have our own emotional associations with scent and to me violets are slightly insane in a lovely, untouchable Hamlet's Ophelia "I'd give you some violets but they withered all when my father died" way. And peppercorn is sort of sharp and don't mess with me. I was expecting this to smell more like a violent blonde - crazy and aggressive. Instead it's complex and oddly comfortable. It's your friend you've loved your whole life and is like no one else. This could easily be someone's signature scent. It could be mine if I wasn't so nuts about having all the others.

fanny
fanny

The opening: a bit harsh and bitter.

But oh, after 20 minutes the violet and iris rob your heart because they are so well supported by the warmth of suede, benzoin and musk. Violet blonde is special indeed. Where other similars, like for instance Paris de Balenciaga have a beautiful clearness, this baby is filled with warmth.

I adore VB for exactly what it represents: the better warm, yet stingy floral woody musk.

Bella81
Bella81

Smells great on test strip however it smelled very "granny" on me! It's very floral and heavy. I do not get fresh and youthful flowers, just strong and mature notes. I returned this today since this was a no go for me.

RugosaAlba
RugosaAlba

I think it would be a great addition to my wardrobe.
Seems that Tom Ford instead of reinventing the universe just humbly answers to peoples complaints about existing fragrances, combining and polishing the best he ever smelled and voila, there is a very entertaining and desirable fragrance: Violet Blonde. For me it has a strong vibe of Dior’s Dune at the drydown, as well as older, more vintage fragrances with addition of moderate dose of patchouli minus aldehydes and civet.
It's the iris that makes jasmine special in Violet Blonde unlike, say, jasmine of Jasmin Noir Bvlgary.
Perhaps, at the drydown Violet Blonde little bit lacks definition, grows amorphous by the end but is still in the frames of it's structure.
Violet Blonde is greatly measured to perfectly fit my taste.
The bitter rich iris is here, as well as fresh slightly ozonic violet leaf and almost tropical chocolate truffly jasmine and suedy vetiver and well measured patchouli. It's also a rich wood fragrance lover paradise, cedar with musk give subtle dirtiness. Just like Dune it’s not the
Most feminine fragrance
I have ever known. But I love it. And just like Dune, it’s addictive.
Also, I appreciate this particular take on violet. A little bit more ionons(see Balenciaga's launches) and it would be unbearable for me. I say no to ionone abuse in fragrance and Tom Ford listens(sometimes, Champaca Absolute has an excess of ionones too). Those who like Balenciaga Paris will probably find that there's not enough violet.
As to the category, Violet Blonde has an oriental in it's DNA, Samsara could be it's grandmother or even aunt. VB shares peachy suede and woodsiness with Bond no.9 Chinatown at the drydown as well as with other peachy fragrances. The "lived in" suede smell of Violet Blonde does not cross the line between mentioned by some of the reviewers "intellectual" mustiness of vetiver as in the case with the leather covered old books and "lived in" mustiness of a different sort, so many fragranticans seem to be truly fond of. There is not enough of the violet freshness here, but there is absolutely nothing in this composition to make this violet a dark one.
Violet Blonde is not vulgar at all, in fact, there is a fair degree of sophistication and even spirituality in this fragrance.

mkittygirl
mkittygirl

I was very excited to get this perfume, but alas it is being returned. All the notes sound delish and I love violet leaf and jasmine...but this was just too much powdery violet and powdery iris for my liking. Not once did I smell Violet Leaf!
Upon spraying this I could sense a lite peppercorn and a hint of citrus...and I was thinking ok this is good... and then POOF! the scent of powder. (Think powder bomb!) I was hoping it wasn't going to have that (pardon my use of words here, but only way I can express it) "old lady/grandma" powder-scent, but sadly it did. The ending WAS a lovely musk and suede, but too much of the "grandma" scent lasted too long for me to use. I think this may be nice for a more mature woman (It would still be a powdery "grandma" scent but one would smell like a hip grandma)

Xelda
Xelda

I wish I could break the notes down, but my senses aren't that articulate. Fragrance is subjective to individual taste and chemistry.

I have searched for and finally! finally! finally! found my signature scent in Violet Blonde. It doesn't scream, nor does it hide in the shadows. It is most pleasant and requires several wrist sniffs through out the day. I can't tell you how others feel about it, but if my nose could dance... well you get the idea.

It sounds like Tom Ford scents require different chemistries to shine. I'm fortunate with Violet Blonde. I tried Black Orchid, but it was too sweet on me. You'll have to find yours. I wish you much luck and have fun in your search!

darcy2
darcy2

I went to Nordstrom's today with the idea that I would purchase this fragrance. I sprayed in on paper as well as some others and it really smelled wonderful. Unfortunately, it turned on me...in a really big way. I ended up going to the ladies' to wash it off as best I could. Purely a skin chemistry thing, I have smelled this on others and loved it. I almost blind bought this, so glad I took the time to test it.

likes2paint
likes2paint

Just managed to get myself a small bottle of this. Wish it was the big bottle!
First impression was sharp in my nose - I could smell the musk and Jasmine. Five minutes later, Jasmine and a sort of sherberty lemon scent. Then lovely violets. The jasmine sweetens for a minute before disappearing in a gentle veil of sweet benzoin and suede. Alluring.

It smells fabulous and another Tom Ford that makes me feel as if I have to put my nose to my arm all the time that I am wearing it. It has a comforting scent, as does the Black Orchid that I have a tiny bottle of. It seems to be uplifting and sensual at the same time. A sort of quiet scent that fills the mind with peace and lurve! How amazing is that!

Mila Pulina
Mila Pulina

I am totally in love with Black Orchid and when I applied Violet Blonde I thought I should stay with my beloved Black Orchid and Violet Blonde is not working for me (because I am not a blond girl ;)but the drydown is just gorgeous and it smells so classy and sophisticated. It is def. not a girlie-girl-scent but for an independent woman who knows what she wants. I am also normally not fond of powdery perfumes but this fragrance is so rich that it gives you the feeling of a "cuddly blanket" made of cashmere.

iMaverick
iMaverick

This is no shrinking violet. It's obvious the Tom Ford woman is no shrinking violet either.

At first spray, violet is evident, and I also smell a yellow flower, possibly ylang-ylang. Bold strokes of sambac and sampaguita (which is another kind of jasmine, I believe, floral, green, and earthy) appear with a powdery green iris, and a spicy note, like carnation. The indoles are not hidden in this scent, but is highlighted with a sensual and deep musk.

When there is suede in a scent, what comes to mind is sweet woody tones for me. VB, however, seems to smell like it has an all-out leather, warm and dark, as the scent approaches the base. Darker green tones appear, which complements the leather, which I suspect could be the orris butter, though I read that orris butter has a more carroty rooty smell. All the while, the spicy carnation sticks around.

For a scent that's rather loud and floral in the beginning, it finishes off rather hushed, with musky vanilla tones, deep and sensual. I don't get the cedar notes at all, which I'm quite fine with.

I was ready to flick this off as a vulgar floral, too musky, too audacious, but somehow this vulgarity is too classy in a way, and unabashed. You know who you are when you wear this scent, like all Tom Ford scents. And yes, a guy could easily wear this, when all the jasmine starts to taper off, which is quite quickly, perhaps after 1/2 an hour into the scent.

In my mind, I always try to hate a Tom Ford scent, probably because of his set pricetags, but in my heart, I can't help but respect ALL his scents.

yacoco
yacoco

Amazing but after 3 hour
the same category of the Chanel no 5 too powdery but elegant
This is a scent of luxury amazing dry down
But I well not buy it because I only smell iris and jasmine powder which not good for everyday use

Went on my skin smelling like sweat and wood with violet notes and a sharp twist of wood-shavings. It was very close to the scent of cumin, which I don't care for, but it dried down more like suede and floral woods. Nice, but not my style. Very dense and probably not the best for hot weather, but might make a really nice winter comfort scent for someone who is okay with the near-cumin notes.

Veda
Veda

Today I smelled this perfume on a card and the bottle.
I love the name but but but too heavy and reminds me of an oriental men's essence.I wanted to like it so badly.
I won't say I dislike it just not for me!

Sofia24
Sofia24

As a big lover of a violet note couldn't miss this one. Though the violet isn't listed, I felt exactly the scent of that violet which bloomed in our garden at night...creamy and sweet. The musk announces its presence from the very beginning ( well, usually it sets a bit dirty on my skin and unfortunately that was the case, but then it blended so well, so I thought: why not? ) Confident,pretty and quite sensual. Very sensual, too be honest ( in my opinion at least)

Perfumedsecrets
Perfumedsecrets

I love it and it works with my skin. It's feminine and warm, but it does smell like a more complex version of Balenciaga. I find Balenciaga as very cold and crisp/plain compared to Violet Blonde. Violet Blonde would be a lovely signature scent, but I'd only buy a small bottle because I'm sure I'd grow tired of it eventually.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

This perfume made me speechless. I tried it at the airport today and it really intrigued me. I can't say i smelled anything like it before. I was puzzled. I was hesitant to get it at first but after 6 hours.....I really wanna get it when i can.

Here's my experience with this amazing perfume on my skin; at first it opens with a really heavy note that's probably the Suede or the violet leaf, to be honest I've never smelled anything with the violet leaf in it before so that was something new to me. It wasn't very powerful or overwhelming it made me "oomph" and there was a powdery atmosphere accompanying this note. It wasn't a makeup powdery but a chic powdery, I think i got a hint of the mandarin but it was really subtle. It stayed like that for about 10 minutes then a rose like note emerged with a pretty jasmine note. It was then that i had to leave the store.
On the plane, i think that was after another 30 mins or so I smelt some woody notes and musk. I was a very pretty combination but i was still puzzled cause i couldn't recognize some of the notes and that kinda bothered me. Then I slept, lol.
The dry down was marvelous honestly it was the best part for me, the benzoin with a somewhat leather like note and the musk with that weird note that i smelt at first my problem is i can't even describe how it smells like which is getting into me...all that was wrapped in a powdery atmosphere it was airy, despite the heaviness of the notes, it's perfectly composed.

POINT IS; This perfume is sexy, i was thinking in the plane (after i woke up) that someone like James Bond would wear that perfume, a female James Bond. She's sexy and DANGEROUS but still she's approachable and tame, she knows what she's doing and she knows she's good.
I must own it. I have to figure out how this weird note smells like......I just have to for my sanity's sake.

The good thing about this perfume is that it could pass as a unisex perfume.
It lasted quite some time, about 6 hours if not more.
I'm not sure about the sillage but i think it's not room filling nor close to the skin, it's moderate and somehow discreet which is perfect cause it kinda suits the image i drew in my head about the perfume.
I'm guessing it could be worn all year round, more suitable for cold weather in my opinion though. Day and night? Sure, she's ready all the time baby!!

I must have this!!!

Museumgal
Museumgal

The leather makes this a warmer composition than violet leaf and iris usually produces. Something you can wear day-to-night with a light hand -- it's pretty strong. The pepper picks up the top notes and helps the projection, if wearing in a crowded area I would use a light hand. The base notes are very grounding and help buoy the composition, but the lighter violet leaves and iris are never overwhelmed, which I was afraid of with that suede note. But it's extremely well balanced and blended composition.

AngelaAngela
AngelaAngela

Sexy librarian scent... The violet was overpowered by a synthetic suede scent. So sad- I really wanted to love it.

I can enjoy this on other Men and women, but not on myself. I am surprised this didnt work better with my chemistry- I usually can pull masculine suede and woodsy scents to make it feel sultry. This just headed into fake leather poetry books left out in a sudden rainstorm.... And the ink ran into to glue binding making a fake mish mosh of mildewy newspaper scents.

I tried this on my husband, and the scent was amazingly beautiful. I had no idea that the exact same notes could smell so masculine (but sensitively violet) on someone so close to me. Our body chemistry is incredibly diverse, and it makes the perfume search enjoyable.

emily7
emily7

Delicious violet-suede opening strenghtened with moderately sweet (candy) undertone that almost made me jump of joy. After a while, iris thickens the composition creating a dressy, powdery, makeup-y - overall fashionable impression. Nice, seductive, modern-smelling juice with just right amount of sillage.
Unfortunately, by the drydown the whole thing falls apart rather ingloriously; what remains is flat, pale, sweetish powder... Such a shame for those promising top notes!

Still, if Moulin Rouge is unattainable, this could be a decent replacement.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

Reading the notes, I would not have purchased this, as any scent that mentions pink pepper isn't of interest to me. However, I received it as a gift from someone who knows that I love collecting perfumes. While I'm not a big fan of Tom Ford's scents, as I think part of his oevre is way overrated and overpriced and ALL of the ones that that I've smelled come off a little too obviously synthetic, I have to say that I do like some things about Violet Blond. It's sweet, but not cloyingly sweet and the violet notes are just enough so as not to turn me off. It's not great or terribly inovative, but it holds my interest enough that I do reach for it from time to time and I'm usually glad I did. For me it evokes the idea of donning a brand new pair of buttery soft, purple suede pumps with a pair of my favorite jeans and that fantasy is good enough for me.

PS...at one phase VB hints at Guerlain's Apres l'Ondee.

stephanie.hamrick
stephanie.hamrick

God, this is beautiful. Violet and iris are notes that do beautifully on my skin anyway, and the suede and pepper complement them beautifully. Sillage and longevity are about average--I did 3 sprays about 4 hours ago, and it's still going, but it's getting pretty close to the skin at this point.

This is an interesting mix. At first I did not like it at all as I got a huge blast of Iris which is not a good mix with my chemistry. HOWEVER...after the drydown something really wonderful happened. Soft violet with a hint of pepper, then a rich woodsy vibe emerged. Quite nice overall. I can't say it is one of my favorites and it would not be a go to scent for me but I wouldn't turn down a bottle either...

jerzygrill
jerzygrill

Violet is the scent that stays the briefest time in our senses, but Tom Ford has managed to make a violet fragrance that stays, I think because of the rich suede that underlies it. Patchouli I don't sense at all, but I do notice the iris supporting the violet.

RickS1169
RickS1169

I recently bought this for my girlfriend. I love to buy her perfume. She is not into fragrances as much as I am, but she appreciates it. We had a sort of disagreement with this one tho, the first time ever. I love this. I think it's a sophisticated young woman smell, and she tried it on her skin and I thought it was wonderful. She wasn't as in love. She doesn't hate it, but isn't in love either. She likes more of the younger fruity florals going on nowadays. But she is going to save it for special occasions.
Scent - powdery violet into a suede, woody base
Projection - moderate
Longevity - moderate
Versatility - I could see this as an everyday wear, but for my GF, special occasions.
Overall - 8.5/10

DomizianoA
DomizianoA

It's divine: I think it suits a hip man, very well! Sensual, powdery, intense, yet smooth, and, galvanizing..
A true experience of the senses.. Love it!
Couldn't live without it right now, all ladies are around me.. and they do touch.. lol

irina.ghiurova
irina.ghiurova

I waited for almost 2 years before buying it... I just love it! It's so soft and special! I don't agree it reminds to any other fragrance. I think is very rich in notes and lasts for a long time on my skin. It's also very Tom Ford and if u know more about him, u understand what I mean. Just perfect for a sophisticated, daily use ( I would use Black orchid as a night one ). For sure ppl who buy TF for me are just different from the others , so this is a way to express that and to show a different kind of preferences among the fragrances.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Glamorous and vibrantly royal! Violet blonde is an enchanting beauty with the ability to hypnotize the senses. This is such a striking yet soft violet composition; sophisticated, feminine and regal in an old Hollywood bombshell type of way. This is a grand powdery floral with subtle sweetness and spice. My only complaint is that I wish it had stronger projection. Regardless, I love my bottle!

Quick fact: I passed on this the first time I inhaled it last year. Looking back, I don't understand why; except maybe I wasn't as sure of what I wanted in a fragrance at the time. I was new to the fragrance scene, but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it. I kept having the urge to retry it and I'm so glad I did. I find it downright unforgettable.

hollycat
hollycat

I agree with Milladane concerning the similarity between Violet Blond and VW's Boudour. It has a skank factor. When I first tried this on all I could smell was the violet leaf and the pink pepper notes. But once it settles there's a note that gives this perfume a dirty vibe. At first I thought the note was cumin as this note usually adds some dirt to a perfume. But no cumin to be found in the notes as listed. The dirty note does fade a lot as time passes and Im left with a light violet spicy scent with a tiny dash of skank that is rather delicate on my skin. Not strong at all on me. Its not bad but not great imo. Tom Ford perfumes are not cheap and when I invest in one I want oomph and POW. Not so with VB. It's a bit of a shrinking violet.

Milladane
Milladane

Violet Blonde begins with a blast of violet leaf, light suede, pepper, and something powdery like violet or maybe orris root. I think of very dry hay or light blonde wood. Then it gets a little sweeter, I think with sweet jasmine or plumeria. It also has that smoky dirty sexual thing going on in the drydown like in Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir, but much much better because here it blends perfectly with the light vanillic sweetness of Benzoin.

I had thought this was a well made fragrance with the usual decadence of Tom Ford blends, but not a full bottle purchase for me. However, I find myself sniffing it every few minutes, and that's a sign I might like it more than I know. I'll have to consider it more though, because longevity and sillage are important for me, and neither of those are strong in this. I don't like to do touch ups on perfume, just as I don't like to touch up on makeup, wall paint, or anything else.

If I get my bottle, I want to go to my room, give it at least 4 or 5 sprays, lay down, and see the beautiful imagery I get in my mind when I smell this...a hazy background of blonde wood grains with random streaks of iridescent pale violet (color).

id
id

Subtle, but light violet and suede duet scent best for the daytime or office. It is quite linear and sits close to my skin. The note of iris shows up and disappears very fast.
Alas, I can hardly smell it on my skin already after an hour after spraying it. Maybe it is because of my skin chemistry but I highly recommend to test it before buying in order not to get disappointed with the lasting power and sillage.

blauriche
blauriche

I'm a fan of violet so I wanted to try this out. It smells like a cross between a violet lozenge and a woman of certain age. I could see some women liking to smell like this, but it doesn't seem very unisex to me. It reminds of a boutique hair salon in the town I grew up in in the 1980s where all the old ladies went to get their hair did.

Violettera
Violettera

This is a green glossy violet with a very modern aura.
At first you can smell the violet leafs and a lot of patchouli and pepper. Then it comes iris and jasmin and after suede and musk with woods. There is nothing sticky or syrupy, the whole composition is very ethereal. The violet is blonde and luminous through the whole progression (you can always try Tom Ford's "Black Violet" to see the difference). The perfume is very well blended, the whole composition is luxurious and the suitable target group are women in the big city (young or young at heart) with a lot of finesse and classy elegance. Women with self confidence who do not want to scream something they know they have.

lisa o
lisa o

violent bold:-)
I like it a lot, though. it's quirky, bubbly, fun, a bit outdated and vulgar but only a tiny bit (just perfect to feel sexy!). and its suede-and-iris combo is great.
since it came out last year I used up a few samples and now that they are over, I hanker after it...
(just read other reviews and I always had the feeling that it's quite strong, never had issues with tenacity, but maybe sillage is poor...never tested that, but also never got compliments about it)

Jayela
Jayela

I like the scent very much. I wear it all the time. BUT NOBODY CAN SMELL İT EVEN İ SPRAY THE HALF BOTTLE ON MYSELF. I AM İN SHOCK. this is like an cheap edt. It must be a joke.

binnur
binnur

at first ; i didn't like this perfume never!!! but now ( 8 months later) i fell in love with it :) very special perfume i think! not use everyday, use it for special days...

nofixedstars
nofixedstars

Violet Blonde is one of those "weird in a good way" perfumes...It doesn't smell like a lot of other things out there, and I like that. The initial impression is of violet leaf, burnt sugar, suede, almond, and something sparky---pink peppercorn, presumably. As it dries down, I get a middle phase of buttery iris, a touch of vetiver, a hint of jasmine or frangipani. The peppercorn is still there, but much gentler; the almond note remains strong. (I never catch the mandarin.) After some time goes by, the suede seems constant and a light musk appears, and the almond note strengthens or deepens as the benzoin makes its presence known. The trace of sweetness also remains, along with a fainter green violet.

I really like the perfume, but I am a bit underwhelmed by it on the sillage and tenacity fronts. I'm rather surprised that others have found this to be a strong scent requiring judicious application! Within 30 minutes, it has become difficult to find unless I press my wrist to my nose; the scent is still very pleasant and well-balanced, but it's faint. There is no discernible sillage, even on fabric, and obviously the duration is not so good. Another of the perfumes that I truly like but must consign to the "frequent application required" category; and at niche pricing, that is never a good thing. It makes me wonder what would happen if I decanted Lolita Lempicka and added enough Si Lolita to it to give LL that pink peppercorn spark...Those I can find at the discount stores.

I would like to emphasize that I do find it a well-made and very intriguing perfume, however...I would have named it "Ultraviolet", because it seems almost to exist outside the conventional violet spectrum. It's not sweet, even though it has a sweetness to it; that sweet quality is offset by the other components that give it an edge. Definitely not quaint, antique violet...and it is very green, yet not a leafy green like other green perfumes. By the way, I don't know what was meant to be implied by the "Blonde" aspect of the name, nor do I have any idea what other reviewers might mean when commenting that it doesn't suit this scent to be called Blonde, because "only a sexy brunette could carry this off", unless perhaps they believe that blond women are somehow vapid or jejune? I was under the impression that all women (and men) of all hair/eyes/skin colors could be sexy and deep...I can see how some people might find it to have a synthetic or plastic-y note, but on me it simply is sweet and almond-y. I attribute this to some interplay between the suede note and the very "round" benzoin component. This perfume has, to me, almost an intellectual quality---as much or more so than any sensual aspect. The "sexy librarian" stereotype might make a good poster child for this scent...

Overall, I give it points for good composition and intriguing---almost mercurial---unpredictable quality, and lament its lack of projection and endurance on me.

pansylady
pansylady

This beautiful, deep and complex woody fragrance is very strong on suede- but sadly, a little light on violet-

There is a strong, syntho blast of violet in the top notes- but on me, the heart notes are non-existent- the incensey benzoin and woody notes take over within minutes, and this phase lasts a long, long time on me- rivaling the potency and longevity of Serge Lutens' frags-

Violet Blonde has a vintage, late 70s feel about it that makes me feel a little nostalgic

PolarBear2
PolarBear2

opens with a big blast of violet and a synthetic... quite strong for office wear, but is beautiful one hour after. Otherwise, just spray on one side of the neck and then pat a couple of fingers on it and apply on the other side of the neck. I prefer this than the very loud Black Orchid.

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I seek out new fragrances to wear seasonally and am extremely passionate about the never-ending hunt for new perfumes. I was starting to get a little frustrated because I hadn't fallen hard for a fragrance lately, but when I sampled this on my skin, I knew it was exactly what I look for in a perfume. This one is absolutely amazing. It bursts with violet and jasmine flowers in the beginning and as it settles you can start to smell the underlying sandalwood, suede and benzoin. Sillage and longevity are very good,and you are paying for a quality perfume, hence the price. I was wearing this on a day where the wind was picking up and the autumn air was cooling down and it was superb. It warms you up with its own scent aura of spicy woods and intoxicating flowers. It's a must-have for me.

hunterblu
hunterblu

Yum! Just yum!

Henriette
Henriette

This is good, must admit it is good. But then I stopped for a moment and asked to myself: "Now, suppose you had a blind sniff and no one told you were going to sniff a Tom Ford scent. Would your feeling remain the same?". Must say NO.
It is a nice perfume with a nice sillage and a nice development. I love wearing it a lot. But must say I am not enthusiastic about it. I can't see any being innovative or original.
Maybe we have seen all there was to see and what we are offered now is just a shadow of what we were used to?
How do you explain the success of a hundred year old scent like L'Heure Bleue otherwise?
(Obviously you can change L'Heure Bleue and insert another classic one of your liking).

yettb
yettb

man this is good! it has the violet I love and it is also so rich and dark not a 'shy sweet grandma' violet love it! It reminds me of Balenciaga Paris but sexier it is also a bit similar to Crabtree & Evelyn Iris but that one is more powdery I don't know if this one would be ok at work unless worn very discreetly but it is truly awesome and stands out in my opinion

jwjulie24
jwjulie24

This smells way too good. I don't think I'm woman enough to pull it off.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I cannot say it any better than Anastasiajn, so I quote her cogent comments:

"I have to say this is Tom Ford at his full genius capacity! This juice should be called Violet Bomb....like Flowerbomb in a good way! The Violet literally explodes at opening, and settles in to a modern, somehow, effervescent violet, like radioactive violet."

So true. I almost fell off the couch when I first sprayed this on it was such a blast of scent, but when I smelled the Iris in it I was hooked. I love iris and violets, too, so decided to let it dry down and see what this cruise liner horn of a fragrance might ultimately have to say.

I do like the drydown very much. I don't get any plastic or hairspray smells. I get a lot of green, orris root, subtle leather and well done vetiver. I can still smell the pepper pretty strongly and I like that as a balance against the floral overload that otherwise might ensue from iris and violet.

I find this very modern, a fascinating combination of scents that I want to keep coming back to. It's a very sophisticated scent that will require my best jewelry and very nice clothes to accompany this fragrance. I think it will go very nicely with champagne; in fact the ozonic that some complain of reminds me of champagne bubbles and the lovely nose of a good champagne. Violet blonde, a bottle of champagne, my handsome husband, oh yeah!

Also, I don't get any "blonde" images here. I see this as a fragrance for a sexy brunette like Salma Hayek or Penelope Cruz. A blonde couldn't carry this off, honey, unless she was really a brunette under her hair color.....

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I received a sample of this with an order for another fragrance. Yep, Lady Gaga, which I like. But this one I will say I adore. I have turned into quite a fragrance diva and am always looking for the next best thing, although I do believe I found it in Gold, but it's way expensive and only for really dress up, for now. But I digress.....Tom Ford Violet Blonde is pretty strong. I love purple flowers, any purple flower. This is something I wouldn't think I would like since I'm all about the powder and heliotrope, but ladies do give this a sample. You might just find this is you. It is sexy sexy sexy. Black leather vintage zip up biker jacket with destroyed jeans and sexy skinny heels and a billowing scarf....oh can I say maybe Whitney Houston in that video when she is young and leaning against the building outside. I think it's I wanna dance with somebody. Just what you would think someone that young and beautiful would smell like. Waiting there for her man. It is pure sex and very womanly. No syrupy candy drop wonka-land here. Do order a sample or give if a whirl next time at the mall. It does tend to bring on a headache for me, so a light hand application is the best. It doesn't remind me of any other fragrance I have, and believe me I am a total frag whore, excuse my french. Lovely, sexy. I would say if you want remembered on your first date with him, wear this. Always try before you buy.

WildDove
WildDove

What a marvelous, intoxicating fragrance! Diva material. Candy-floral heavy on the jasmine and violet leaf. Go lightly though, as it's a bit headache-inducing, and can have an animalic note in the later drydown, both of which force me to pass it up.

dkny27
dkny27

Delicious..sexy..I bought it months ago and revisited the scent and it brought me back to sexy nights out in NYC; being a native, all I could think of was the scent a NYC man would be attracted to... It is the scent of a very independent but sexy, voluptuous woman. A dark intellectual club, music and dancing... Don't underestimate the lady behind this fragrance!!!.... Gorgeous!

smellME
smellME

Like a lot other reviewers, I also got blown away by the initial blast, almost hurt my nose .... When it tones down - luckily ! I sense the violet leaf, pepper, jasmine and a leathery muskynote . It is the type of scent I like, but this needs to be applied, at LEAST an hour before meeting someone... This has class for sure and projection and longevity is very high !
To match the perfume with one or maybe 2 others is hard but it would be a mix of private collection and belle en rykiel maybe a stronger
balenciaga l´essence but that aren´t doin justice for this perfume
it is only a way to explane the smell ....
Like it a lot !

Jewelsie42
Jewelsie42

The opening note combo of violet leaf, italian mandarin and pink pepper are very refreshing, herbal and just a hint of spice. As it warms up to my skin's chemistry the floral heart blossoms and it sweetens up a touch, but on me this pretty much remains a brisk, clean.."green" type of scent. I would wear this in the Spring and Summer. Sillage is moderate and lasting power is approximately 4 hours on me which is not that great IMO. I think this would be a lovely scent for the office and casual daywear. This is my first Tom Ford fragrance and I am pleased with my purchase (blind buy); I'm curious to try others from this house....perhaps White Patchouli next??

My3Champs
My3Champs

This perfume smells strong and flowery at first spray. The notes I smell are jasmine and iris. It is very feminine and powdery and musk all at the same time, I like it. It's my first Tom Ford perfume, it's not as expensive as his others., but the scent feels expensive. I can see myself using this from Summer to Winter.

muskymoi
muskymoi

(from a sample). Love the drydown. Opening notes are quite strong and dissipated within half an hour on me. I spritzed some on my neck and also on my sweater--smells better on the fabric than on my skin. And, while I'm very attracted to this scent, I doubt I'll spring for a whole bottle.

Just a 3/5 for me.

Arome Sara
Arome Sara

Amazing!!! wonderful!! such a charming, expensive smelling, long lasting, sweet- powdery floral! I find it to be a warm deep scent, for a real lady! loved it from the first sniff!

LIN
LIN

Love Love Love! You are looking at a complex iris composition! I love it's sweetness and softness! This fragrance lasts and lasts on my skin. If high quality had a scent, it would be this beauty! :) Great!

perfumereviewer
perfumereviewer

This perfume to me is a Jasmine catastrophy, simply too much. There is something about jasmine and iris that does not match, because they are like 2 big dinosaurs in a tiny bottle...maybe if one of them was a little dinosaur it would have worked for me. Or maybe the chemistry of my body makes this perfume smell like Avon's Percieve mixed with old sweat... A big "no no!" for me.

ION
ION

mmm...yes blonde! I think Versace had a lovely perfume with that name which I have no idea if it's still on the market.
"Violet blonde" isn't too far apart from that you know..
Like most Tom Ford's perfumes it is glossy and made to sell and it has a certain immediateness you can hardly resist! What it doesn't have however, is this combo of sophistication, delicacy and softness that will permit a dialogue with the wearer.
It is more like an accessoire, something nice to wear, something that will get the job done.
In a sense it is a very nice perfume for the present! It is playful and charming but don't expect any man to remember you for your perfume.
No, it is no "Magie Noire" by any means..

cbishton
cbishton

I ran into the city (San Francisco) with my Sweetie last year to buy this one after I was dazzled by the gorgeous ad and magazine sample.

My grandmother used to have a violet perfume on her dresser from England that came in a little tiny white porcelain bottle with a cork in it and I absolutely adored the scent. So I was really intrigued by a sophisticated violet. It is in the same powdery category as Chanel No. 5 but somehow disappoints. What I mean is that no one, not even my boyfriend, has ever commented on it and to me that just says "blah."

When I first bought it I almost panicked because it was very strong and chemically - you have to be very careful about how you spray it and make sure to keep it back at least 18 inches or it will overwhelm to the point of being headache-inducing. Still, I am fond of it and wear it in the cold Bay Area weather year round. I just can't say it's a signature fragrance for me, which I was hoping it might be.

viol
viol

Tested this yesterday in a parfume store. The first seconds was suffocating so I was not able to detect any violets wich I like a lot. One hour later it was still strong and I smelld patchuli, wich is not listed here. Finally I understud that it's a classy parfume but not for me, we just couldn't have a good relationship. I Can say it makes me feel inferior. Violet blonde is adressed to a very classy and rich lady, always with a heay make up. Not for every day use in my opinion

vintage_scent
vintage_scent

This is a very exquisite violet, a deep, dark velvety, powdery rich violet that blends so beautifully with iris.
(violet and iris, two of my favorites) A very well blended perfume that has a vintage appeal to me, belongs in the same category with chanel no5, arpege, and L 'Heure Bleue. Destined to be a classic...so chic, so fabulous...

Jellybean
Jellybean

Masterpiece frag! 100% superbly done!
Smokey, leathery and powdery perfume. Full on mystery type a scent. Classy and expensive scent and price-wise.
Violets and iris for powder, suede and incense for mystery, and I can definitely note aldehyde component present in here as well. Pepper adds to the freshness of noticing each one of these ingredients previously mentioned. Moderate on longevity, up to 4 hours powder is all is left during drydown phase.
I want this perfume and I am going to get! Soon can't come sooner enough!

heymistersky
heymistersky

This is my favorite of the Tom Ford fragrances, mainly because I find some of his others to be a bit heavy for someone of my age [I'm 23]. Violet Blonde is a far more delicate scent than Black Orchid, making it appropriate for everyday use. I love violet and I had high hopes with this one before trying it. I was a little concerned it would be too powdery or sweet [as is common with most violet-heavy scents], but it was just perfect. The best word to describe this perfume is glamorous. Violet Blonde has recently become my new signature fragrance.

MerlinAbsolute
MerlinAbsolute

Uniqueness: 7/10
Overall: 7.5/10

The Violet Blonde woman is clearly aware of her influences. She knows what she wants and gets it. Some people think she's a tiger butterfly, but really she's a monarch.

A clear violet fragrance featuring violet flanked by somewhat milky vetyver/earth notes while the faint pepper highlights the sweetness of the violet and iris. This is not your average creamy violet, but rather a crips, distinct violet that is matched nicely with iris.

The sharpness of the violet dries down slighly more powdery as the pepper disappears and the musk, cedar and other green notes balance out the sweetness. The longevity is good--granted it is a Tom Ford fragrance.

The only reason people think it's an old lady's perfume is because it's a refined tribute of a traditional flower used in real perfume, as opposed to the flashy chemical synthetics so rampant in commercialized fragrances. This fragrance is for a confident woman who wants to seem understated.

weegee
weegee

My mini arrived yesterday, much to my delight as I was nearly hopping out of my shoes in anticipation. My only experience with Tom Ford is the power house White Patchouli, with which I fell in love at first sniff. I expected to be similarly overwhelmed, and perhaps that's where I made my mistake. Surely, by now, I should realize that falling in love with one fragrance doesn't mean I'll love or even like the rest, or even one more of the others offered by the same house.

Violet Blonde opened with a strong plastic/vinyl note that persisted for 15 minutes until the soft woods and subtle, powdery violets appeared. At 30 minutes what was left on my skin was Jolie Madame after 8-10 hours without JM's enticing soft suede note.

Nice enough once the plastic/vinyl disappeared but Jolie Madame does the woody violet mood so much better, with longevity that's far superior and for a fraction of the price.

Live and learn. Or perhaps I should say, sniff and learn.

girlsworld
girlsworld

Violet Blonde a beautiful, soft feminine floral love this fragrance, to me it is the complete opposite of heady Black Orchid, which I also adore. Violet Blonde is just perfect for Spring not too powdery or heady with a warm ambery base.

dontcallmyname
dontcallmyname

This new perfume is pretty elegant, let's say subtle, and special and with its own personality. What I mean is every time I try any perfume by Tom Ford, I get his image before my eyes and everything he keeps creating). Something special and loved by Tom Ford himself is emphasized in this fragrance, it is opening up very slowly and in an interesting way, maybe the floral sides are missing a bit. Yet I just want to say "bravo" for Violet, and above all I'm wondering to know the tasting reaction of people around me. To my mind, for ladies more perfect than for men.

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

I gave this one a shot after reading comparisons to Balenciaga Paris but I really could not get past the suede note. I guess I just don't particularly find the note as appetizing for my gourmand taste. But to each is own, I feel it is a fine fragrance... just spice and suede are a little too masculine for me.

deeannek
deeannek

Very very feminine. I normally don't like powdery scents but this one does not go overboard with the powder. The dry down is amazing it smells leathery on my skin and I love it. Also I have had some fun mixing this with some of my other Tom Ford perfumes. I really would like to have this entire line. They stand alone and are great fun to experiment with. A+

frenkuzumu
frenkuzumu

I can not stop myself from smell this one...Actually I'm not a hug fan of Tom Ford perfumes but this one is different. This the smell of the passion and feminity. This is how I would like feel...You want be regret to pay for it..

Jeremy Lin
Jeremy Lin

it is TOOO strong!!i keep sneezing and it burns my nosestril.i tried to like it..tried it the other day...
still. it isnt pleasant to me.smells too mature..

Catnip
Catnip

I have come to associate Tom Ford’s perfumes with a particular voluptuous texture, and Violet Blonde doesn’t disappoint in this sense. It is a complex, multi-faceted fragrance, which keeps being intriguing from the first moment to its last phase. The violet becomes apparent on my skin immediately, but these are not the gentle forest flowers which I love discovering on hiking trails. Rather, the violet feels a bit thick and slightly sweet.

If you are looking for flower petals here, however, you might be disappointed as the flower itself doesn’t manage to assert a prominent role in the composition. It is quickly surrounded not only by green leaves, but also by a wood accord. Suede introduces itself as well, discreetly, but clearly intent on staying, and it is actually the suede that creates this illusion of the specific texture of Violet Blonde.

All these accords—the whisper of the violet flower, the greenery, and the woods--do not resemble players in a game of musical chairs, popping up one after the other, but instead, sound harmoniously, more like the accords played on a piano.

This is a perfectly unisex fragrance to me, and I think it would be appropriate for different seasons and settings. It is very long lasting. I am not sure I will wear this one too often, though. Violet Blonde is not necessarily a loud fragrance, but as some other Tom Ford perfumes, it could feel a tad too demanding on my skin, a little like a friend who insists on talking even though I may not be in the mood for it.

goingblonde
goingblonde

Soft,
powdery and elegant.
Not my type scent ,but not one I couldnt tolerate either.Will wear it when I want different then my usual scents.

It really is a nice perfume, and what I imagine an old Hollywood star may smell like.

When I say old do not mean age wise but as back in the day of glamourous classy stars who were ladies and always dressed up to go out- not the Hollywood celebrities of today.

donny54
donny54

The first sniff it smells great, but quickly it smells just like "FELCE AZZURRA" a bath powder very famous in Italy. There is also an EDT "FELCE AZZURRA", wich cost only 26.00 Euros. It doesn't worth to wear a costly parfume like Violet Blond to smell like a ceap bath powder!

StarMagix
StarMagix

Just have a generous sample of this lovely fragrance but so far, I am liking it very much. I do love most of Tom Ford's fragrances and I think this is soon to become one of my favorites. It last a good 4 or 5 hours strong on myself and the dry down is very pleasant too. I love the violet aroma with the pepper touch is just perfect to my senses. Can't wait to buy the large decanter.

aschiffm
aschiffm

this makes me feel feminine and dirty at the same time which is very compelling; free-spirited but drab and dreary in a romantic sense. violet leaf and muddy water at first and then fades to softer subtle floral smells after the first few minutes. very buttery and a tad powdery. i think it's perfect for a spring night. the orris root gives it a mysterious quality. this is my go to perfume for dates or special occasion.

parislady
parislady

V Blonde is a great scent by Tom Ford.
Soft seductive and evokes paris on a romantic rainy afternoon, full of promise.
A lingering memorable scent full of rich vanilla voilet and musk with a lovely powdery drydown not too floral. It is a perfect scent blending floral with vanilla/musk and has the potential to be a longtime love affair. Well done Tom you have done it again.

rinz09
rinz09

This is the first floral that I like on my skin. It's not overly sweet, or heady. It's a perfect blend of floral on my skin. I am still 50/50 on it, because it gives me a slight headache. But overall its a fine fragrance.

CourtrightHer
CourtrightHer

I'm a Tom Ford fan and I do like this one, but something keeps it from being love. Borderline passion.

Perfumey without being overtly fem. The violet/ musk combo is the whole deal here. Yes, a couple other notes run around but it lacks cohesiveness.

Sorta get the Balenciaga reference but it is not in that league.

Sillage is there but longevity is lacking.

A subtle sexy scent which unfortunately does not have what it takes to go all the way.

garamascara
garamascara

Today my co-worker asked what I was wearing and I told her it was Violet Blonde and she exclaimed, “You sure do smell purdy” and I agree, this is a very pretty perfume. I am in love with Mr. Tom Ford and all of his creations; Black Orchid and Gucci Rush are my favorites. Violet Blonde is a lot less outrageous than either Black Orchid or Rush. VB does not have a sense of humor, these violets are for grown-ups. That said, I do love these violets! This perfume pairs well with damp and chilly weather, a book of Sylvia Plath poems and a glass of Beaumes de Venise. All this and heaven too!

cedriceccentric
cedriceccentric

The warm, powdery vanilla/musk violets of Balenciaga with a darker twist. Good!

Aysu
Aysu

It starts earhty, leafy, a bit dirty, not smelling like perfume but smelling like a wet soil. When I am becoming curious about when it will make a turn to become a good smelling thing, I start to feel violets, a touch of suede, and slightly spicy and honey toned sweetness. I love it in the dry down. It feels so high quality and special, even after one week, I can still smell that spicy / sweet notes on my coat...
P.S. In a local website, allspice and sesame are mentioned as middle and base notes

mssallywalk2011
mssallywalk2011

I have it and don't wear it much because it doesn't stay long. It needs to be layered with shower gel and body creme which it doesn't have.

Margo2000
Margo2000

I tried it today and did not like at all. Very strong, musky and chemical. Original bottle and scent is very old in a bad way.

misswithoutlogic
misswithoutlogic

One more great work from Mr.Tom's hands and fantasy.
Like other Tom Ford's perfumes, this one also has purfect silage and longevity, sophisticated bottle and provocative ad. And it's all about idea, image and attitude, becouse you don't buy scent, you buy possibility to turn into that hot blonde girl lying in the millions of violets. So lets start.
First snif : violets, violets, violets,violets....everywhere, loud, agresive....1 drop - too little, 2 drops - make you sneeze, so be careful:)
Later it calms down and you can feel bouquet of heady jasmines, very light touch of iris and delicate note of musk and purfect balanced vetiver's strenght.
In the end (after 8 - 10 h.) you can't identify one clear note, there is only scent of heat, luxury and soft femininity.
In my opinion, this perfume is too loud for day time, but not so femme fatale that you would wear it in the ball, but it's purfect for romantic date if you wanna that your match couldn't move away from your neck. Or it's good choise for the party if you want to be number 1 and make all women envy taht all men are yours :)
That is what i like about Tom Ford's perfumes : not so damn expensive scent, but how it makes you feel, look, walk and behave. And this one can turn your ballerina's shoes into louboutins, make your back straight like a string, make you smile like a diva and make your eyes shine like 7 thousands carats diamonds.
So, if you can't resist to youresf, how anybody else could, mm?
This is essential note of VIOLET BLONDE- your fantasies, which were locked into golden bottle by Tom Ford.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Tried this one briefly on my skin while shopping it was a really nice smell kind of dark and seductive and long lasting. The dry down reminded me of sensuous by Estee Lauder.

Migotka
Migotka

When I first tried it I thought it was too similar to Black Orchid- thick and dark and a bit cloying. The first few minutes are not that pleasant to be honest. The violet is overpowering and harsh and made me feel as if I was standing in mud in a dark forest, soaked and cold with wet hair. Not a very good feeling. The first phase is green and humid.

Then as it develops, the fragrance becomes quite soothing and soft. The humidity disappears and gives room to powderiness. There is a lot of suede which I absolutely love, iris and vetyver. The whole scent has a velvety texture; it is a Black Violet in light version. Elegant and classy, surprisingly quiet for this brand.

However, unlike a few other TF's scents, this one stays really close to skin and although the longevity is quite good, the projection is limited to 1 or 2 feet away at most.

orchid_84
orchid_84

I find this fragrance fascinating. First off - I usually hate violet scents, I am in my 20s, and I am not blonde. One thing this scent has confirmed for me is that I have better luck with violet leaves than I do with violet flowers. Violet Blonde is full of earthy, spicy violet leaves. Not powdery, sweet violet flowers, which for me usually results in that repulsive baby-wipe scent.

On first spray, the green, grassy quality of the violet leaf dominates. There is also a "lipstick" type smell. Some people might not enjoy this, but I find it gives an old-fashioned feeling that I quite like. As it develops, it becomes deep and multi-faceted – a blanket of spicy, thick warmth from the vetiver and benzoin; sharp, dirty, rich earthiness from the violet leaf and suede; a hint of plush sweetness from the iris and jasmine.

Overall this scent is spicy, bold, warm, rich, earthy and a hint masculine. I definitely get from this what others have described as old-world glamour. It smells classy, mature and sophisticated, but not “old” or stuffy. The spicy green quality reminds me of the violet leaf in Balenciaga, but thankfully this lacks the stuffy, cold quality that ruined that fragrance for me.

Violet Blonde does have a BIG presence about it. As is typical with Tom Ford fragrances, it packs some serious sillage. I strongly prefer this to both Black Orchid and White Patchouli, both of which were intriguing but didn't work on my skin. Violet Blonde has a certain strangeness to it as well, but I find it elegant and beautiful. This is the first Tom Ford fragrance I've tested that strikes the right balance between weirdness and wearability. This is a fragrance for a confident woman, no doubt. Having worn it a few times now, it strikes me overall as bold, elegant and warm...I will definitely be adding this to my wardrobe.

If Balmain JOLIE MADAME were a person, then Tom Ford VIOLET BLONDE would be JOLIE MADAME dressed in a skin-tight, shiny vinyl Jetsons-type jumpsuit. The composition itself may be more similar to an abstract, bright Hollywood flashbulb version of Le Labo's limited edition POUDRE D'ORIENT, which I would recommend to those who are less than enthused by the plasticity/hair spray turn which VIOLET BLONDE takes toward the drydown.

I rather like this perfume, but I'm a certified violet 'ho' and should perhaps recuse myself from writing reviews of fragrances featuring the beloved leaves or petals of that sacred flower. (see what I mean... (-;) Anyway, VIOLET BLONDE has excellent longevity and also smells great on my cat--who happens to be "blonde"--which is an added bonus.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

I really wanted to love this, being blonde and liking violets very much. I expected a warm suede tinged with violet and honey, but all I got was a slightly sour note with no particular violet to speak of. I was a bit disappointed, but then I sprayed on his extreme (not realising it's for blokes) and enjoyed that much more. I imagine it says more about me than the perfume. Years of Samsara and Femme has probably made me anosmic to most other things, like too much rock music has left me a little bit deaf...

Fizzy
Fizzy

This fragrance is tricky. The first spray and you are in heaven. But in twelve minutes nothing from the beautiful violet stays. What stays is a bad gardenia smell, similar to Estee Lauder Private collection Tuberosa Gardenia. Actually is Tom Fords Violet something different, than offered. There is too much gardenia mess than violets. This lingers on the skin for long time. So test it first. Not for me.

lemonfreshjoy
lemonfreshjoy

I wanted to try this because of the name, but the bottle is not what I expected. It looks very cold and off-putting.

Wise
Wise

This is a perfect scent for night well
Blended and in this perfume you can't
Smell a cheap jasmine like the other
Perfumes which is available in the
Market.

It's glamour and charming scent.

It is sutable for mature woman.

fpih
fpih

I'm not a fan of violets in general, but surprisingly I like this one. The violet is subdued, nowhere near as sweet and heady as that in Jolie Madame. It only serves to add a tad of sweetness and feminine appeal in a powdery and woodsy base, making this a classy, elegant fragrance.

I'm an oriental and spicy girl myself, but I think I'd like to wear this once in a while when I go out with my husband and act like the sweet, chic kind of woman I'm not actually:)

On me, the sillage or longevity are not that great , especially compared to Black Orchid (which I can't wear) but they're not trully bad either (around 6 hours). Not the kind of perfume I'd choose if I had to buy only one, but it sure is nice to have around if you have the space and/or money!

Update: Finally got a 50ml bottle and I find myself wearing it more than any other perfume I recently bought (got 3 in 2 weeks). Besides elegant, it also feels warm and snuggly which fits perfect for the cold weather we have now. I'm very glad for my puchase.

nush imogen
nush imogen

Very strong, almost overpowering, musky, woodsy. When i think of violets i think subtle, light and girly, but this comes in way too strong. Ten minutes later the violets come out more, but im still disappointed. The bottle is just as original as the scent - not at all.

meisjehip
meisjehip

A great dissapointment at all! The first sniff i smelled violet but quickly it turnes in a very chemical smell:-((

I wish i have tried it on a sample before.....

A smart Marketing Campagne from Tom

Wafa
Wafa

I have just tested violet blond and am truly disapointed , the worst from tom ford , there is absooutly nothing special about it ,

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This starts off as a violet fragrance, plain and simple. I was quite disappointed until it began to take shape as it wore, with a very powdery iris coming out in the middle stage, with woody notes and a slight hint of the smooth suede note in the dry down, and a warming benzoin, the violet maintaining throughout.
I was hoping for a a more noticeable suede note, along the lines of Agent Provocateur Maitresse, but sadly not. This is a very nice fragrance, not as crass or bold as I was expecting from Tom Ford, but for suede, I would still pick Maitresse. However it is the kind of violet I like - nothing parma candy-like about it and not so dense as others.

Hilaire
Hilaire

Let me start by saying that I love this. But I do have similar issues with it to those I have with Black Orchid.

Namely that I think it's not quite as refined or sophisticated as its packaging and style suggest. I find the first hour or so of Black Orchid loud and unsubtle, confusing and too heavy. With Black Orchid what I enjoy most is what it devolves into.

The opposite is true with Violet Blonde, I love the powdery Violet and Iris opening, I love how powerfully those notes are allowed to dominate. If you like the lipstick/hairspray dry-sweetness of Iris and Violets then the opening of Violet Blonde will make your mouth water. Mine does.

What I don't enjoy about Violet Blonde is what it devolves into, which is a peculiar Ozonic dry down. Maybe it's the Vetiver and Benzoin, included (I imagine) to justify the "Blonde" epithet in an attempt to add lightness to an otherwise quite rich formula.

Generally I dislike Ozonic/Oceanic fragrance materials (hence my very strong feelings about fumes like Acqua di Gio and its congeners). And here I think these Ozonic elements tend to drag the Iris and Violet even further into the Hairspray spectrum than they need have been. I would rather the topnotes had been left to shine without the distraction of Vetiver and Benzoin and whatever else contributes to VB's ozonic/oceanic background .

Having said all of this I do actually love Violet Blonde, I love its sexiness and how perfectly it evokes the colours used in it's marketing- Gold and Purple. I simply cannot dislike any fragrance which uses Iris and Violet, Suede, Jasmine, Champaca and Pepper in the way this does.

Despite what some of the reviews here have said and what the marketing might suggest I also think this is highly unisex, the day I bought this I went to the hairdresser's directly after the store and tested Violet Blonde on my (female) hairdresser who exclaimed "Oh! Tom Ford's perfumes are always so masculine!". So boys, don't be afraid of the pretty girly flowery poster campaign and give this a try.

Sillage and longevity are both good with this and I think it's a great buy.

LadiesRed
LadiesRed

I smell a mix of violet and wheaty combinations...I thought there was violet flower.

A sad concoction.

pisces3774
pisces3774

Interesting. Lovely top notes! Unfortunately, after about 30 minutes, it smells awfully like Dior Addict, which I don't care for. It's sort of a cocoa-y, plastic-y smell. We'll see what the final drydown is like...

pippab
pippab

Oooh ahhh! What a beautiful floral! It smells exactly like the violets that grew like weeds in the garden of our last home. I'm an oriental lover, but this is a stunning fragrance - mm mmm, a real wrist sniffer!

To me this is actually mainly a violet scent. Nice if you like violets, but I'm not into them.

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

Glamorous is the perfect word to describe Violet Blonde. The initial peppery floral notes are gorgeous and melt into a sensual mix of sweet flowers and sexy musk and suede.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

If only I could tolerate the violet leaf in the top notes! The resinous, soft, suede base of this fragrance is to die for. Although sillage is minimal, this fragrance is quite elegant!!

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

Very powdery and feminine, crushed violets and powder is what I am detecting. A sister to no5 and Cashmere Mist. Very nice, I'll add more when I know of the lasting power better...

Kterhark
Kterhark

My first order of business at Nordstroms is to visit the perfume counter and pick out a scent to try. Because so many compete for attention I always over spray, which causes me grief later on.

Violet Blonde opens as a mall store counter fragrance should. Smashingly well. The review that I began writing in my head as I picked out new shoes went like this: "Imagine sinking your tired bones into a nice hot bath and letting loose with a long, drawn out ooh..."

Well hold on to your soap on a rope... Give it an hour and you'll be ready to throw the blonde out with the bathwater. Yikes. I"m rushing this review so I can wash this right off. I'm going to blame the base notes, and probably a cheap form of suede. Others have got it right when they say this is 'plasticy' and 'chemical' smelling. I'll take it a step further and say it will give you a headache. Hmm...

Oh my, this is the most marvelous violet perfume I've ever smelled! It's so elegant, like no other violet fragrance. It's sweet, not overly powdery, not old-fashioned in the least, and the suede adds some richness to the perfume. I'm not a violet lover, but this is one violet perfume I would really like to own. Tom Ford never fails to impress me.

malencar
malencar

Very similar to Visa - Robert Piguet ( I owned ) and Bottega Veneta....

Annelien1987
Annelien1987

Very nice fragrance. I definately get the jasmine and the benzoin. Really sexy and classy at the same time. Not at all like black orchid, that one is heavy incense and 'look at me'. My mother loves this one.

barbiot35
barbiot35

That's awesome!!! Only I could say is this on every sniff!
Sniff and fall in love...You MUST try it!!!
Violet is here warm, slightly sweet- only a little, not candylike-
If violetta is one of the best summer violets, this is its winter analogue IMO...

suile
suile

Walked through a positive cloud of this in Selfridges this week - they are having a big promotional event. I like it a lot, unlike some, I get a big hit of violet from it but don't find it incredibly long lasting. Overall, I prefer the earlier Black Violet which I tested alongside it to compare. I think TF missed a trick not putting it in a glamorous violet coloured bottle, that may just have swung me into a purchase.

beth54
beth54

I've lived with this fragrance for 24 hrs. now and not only did my husband give it a "thumbs up", he asked me why I would want to wear anything else! Definitely going to purchase the larger bottle as I keep spritzing this on and compulsively smelling the top notes! This Tom Ford gets a big affirmative must-have from me!

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is just marketing people. With a stunning name.

This juice is a fraud, trust me.

It opens very attractively I must admit. It almost fooled me. Flocks of girls wanting a "young"-Ford scent will buy it. Flowery, fresh, stylish.

But after just about 30 min or so, ALL you get is bubblegum, plastic, a sweet mess of cheap taste.

Not to mention after a couple of hours. There's nothing left.

Invest your money somewhere else honey.

Kezhon
Kezhon

I bought this on a whim. I was actually on a mission to find the new Elli Saab but the dept store I was in didn't stock it. I was introduced to Violet Blonde by the Tom Ford rep. I was in love instantly! (with the perfume, not the rep!!) I agree with most other reviewers...at first it did remind me of my Belenciaga however it settles much more subtly on the skin than Belenciaga. After not too long it becomes gorgeous and powdery. 9 times out of 10 it lasts all day too. I love it - sometimes I even put a little bit on after my shower at night - just before getting in to my PJ's!

A beautiful spring fragrance!

Anacon
Anacon

This is absolutely divine. I read somewhere that this perfume was similar to Balenciaga...no way. I love Balenciaga but this fragrance is bolder and it smolders.
This reminded me of a more sophisticated version of Belle d'opium, less "smoky" for want of a better description. Give this one a go, it's a stunner.

LaLaPop75
LaLaPop75

Just lovely....elegant, feminine. The iris and violet are very prominent from the begining to the end. I had no idea there were so many notes! It is blended so well.. It is a gorgeous scent. It just took the #1 spot on my want list! Thank you Mr. Ford for your beautiful creations....

K1
K1

Violet Blond is one of the best of Tom Ford's. It smells really luxurious and purdy with natural weedy floral powdery cosmetic smell. Iris, every touch of iris makes the things smelling like lipstick and powders!
It's not gourmand, not sweet and not girly, it's a high level woman in an expensive night dress in a party.
Every woman has at least one special night dress for special occasions that is worn rarely and only wearer's best perfume is sprayed on it. Violet Blond smells like that dresses when they are in nylon cover in closet! Chic, smelly and somehow erotic!

jillycmb
jillycmb

I liked it at first but the dry down smelled a little like Aqua Net to me.

thatbrownelf
thatbrownelf

Violet Blonde is big bar of violet-scented soap that has exploded to powder on a length of suede. Some musk and juicy vetiver linger in the background, but soon enough everything gets swallowed in the violet/iris powder bomb. I think I've been spoiled by Chanel as far as iris is concerned, or the violet/iris combo in Violet Blonde is just all for bad on my skin. Perhaps both.

VB's a screamer too--one small spritz on the inside of my elbow and my husband could smell me before I entered the room. Not for me.

Anastasiajn
Anastasiajn

I have to say this is Tom Ford at his full genius capacity! This juice should be called Violet Bomb....like Flowerbomb in a good way! The Violet literally explodes at opening, and settles in to a modern, somehow, effervescent violet, like radioactive violet. (Violet with a glow, or hum). It's a true violet, like the smell of my mother's African Violet garden, and can sometimes; on the dry down, be a little overwhelming, almost... a "Grandma" scent, but only for "flashes" as it dries. Middle of the dry down is powder instantly for the first 20 minutes, then it settles into the genius mix that it is...radioactive (humming) modern, almost masculine violet, surrounded by leather, trees, and roots....like an African Violet garden outside a mountain log cabin at sunset, with the windows open and the breeze blowing through the trees, and the aroma remnants of fires past in the sooty fireplace, with a big comfy well worn leather couch, and an ancient quilt, fresh from drying in the sun on the clothesline all day! Ad to that a sense of all around relaxation and bliss and you have the masterpiece that is Violet Blonde.

antonpan
antonpan

Fortunately, Violet Blonde has inherited the DNA of the previous Tom Ford fragrances. But now we meet a ripe and even masculine at the beginning violet on a dusty (peppery) irisy leathery base. Yes, there is mush of pepper here. This one doesn't really remind me of Balenciaga Paris, which is more fresh and wearable. Violet Blonde, as usual for Tom Ford, a beautiful creation but nor for everybody.

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Just acquired a sample
today at SAKS FIFTH AVENUE-UNION SQUARE

The ad campaign...The Model...the Bottle ..
yes all worthy of
of the accolades bestowed on them ...
I found the fragrance to be using
the latest new fragrance fad ingredient ....
PINK Peppercorns!!!!!

I like it !
Wears SPICY and the dry down is very powdery .. another new trend this year!
A sophisticated....mix of ingredients
however ....
the much ballyhooed VIOLET note
is not apparent to my nose...
I wish this perfume had a more bigger violet bouquet
shame it just might have made it as over the top as the advertisement suggests.

The fragrance that it brings to mind for its similar
unique spiciness....
Vitriol d’œillet by Serge Lutens
and
AMBRE GRIS by BALMAIN

Both are uniquely spicy......
and peppery and very UNISEX in my opinion

Vitriol d’œillet manages to be the closest to
Violet Blonde by also turning into a light powdery spicy fragrance
which then develops into yes...
a woody scent

Jomoves
Jomoves

I tried this one on the way home from work tonight. Like all of Tom's fragrances, this one starts off smelling a bit like Aramis, and then that note fades away to reveal something else, in this case, another sweet, floraly celebrity-type fragrance. Who would have thought - JLo hiding in Tom's clothing!

This is clearly marketed towards younger women who would probably not feel comfortable wearing Tom's earlier scents like Black Orchid. You only have to look at the adverts to see this. The big surprise is the longevity - 3 hours tops on me. His fragrances normally hang around for ages.

It is interesting to watch the market dictate the development of this line of scents. But hey, I'm sure Tom had a vision when he started out, and now he has a bottom line to deal with, just like we all do.

Timetoski

Oh and it does not remind me of Balenciaga at all, either the Paris or the new one. I'm very familiar with Balenciaga and am fond of it.

Timetoski

I wanted to love this so much. And I just did not. After wearing it one day, two people (my doctor and my daughter's lacrosse coach) said it smelled like "old lady". My 11 year old son hated it, and my husband did not care for it one bit. Whatever the prominent note in this is (not violet) is something completely unappealing to me.

Rizack2
Rizack2

I tried this and as others have said it reminds them of Balenciaga, I agree but only till it dries down then it is just an average nice musky suede scent. I would prefer more sillage and more true violet. I plan on retrying this one in colder weather, but for now I am not sold on it.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Smooth, super-sweet violet against cool suede. Very "perfumey" and chic. I wouldn't wear it, but as a lover of violets I would certainly gravitate toward a woman who did.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

Smelled this at Saks the first day they got it two days ago. Smells just like Balenciaga Paris. Violets and Patchouli. They're almost identical. I'll test them both on my skin to see the differences

DoveGrayismyfavoritecolor

Pre-ordered, review coming soon! bottle and campaign are gorgeous and hopefully fragrance lives up to the beauty surrounding its debut.

paradisolucky
paradisolucky

@smellsogood He won't release this one until September. Waiting sucks, but here we are. P.S. If it sucks (which I doubt), I'm personally sending him a grievance letter over the price. Right now, his scents are pricey but has been worth every single cent. I refuse to buy junk or get stuck with it.

Violet Blonde by Tom Ford 3.87 out of 5 based on 874 ratings and 162 user reviews

FragranceShop.com
Violet Blonde by Tom Ford for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
Violet Blonde by Tom Ford for Women Eau de Parfum Spray 1.7 oz
TOM FORD VIOLET BLONDE for WOMEN by Tom Ford EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
TOM FORD VIOLET BLONDE for WOMEN by Tom Ford EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Tom Ford Violet Blonde Perfume by Tom Ford, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Tom Ford 'Violet Blonde' Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz
TOM FORD Violet Blonde 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
TOM FORD Violet Blonde 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Tom Ford Violet Blonde Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Tom Ford Violet Blonde Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford Violet Blonde fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford Violet Blonde, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Violet Blonde by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Violet Blonde by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.