Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

White Musk Collection Musk Pure Tom Ford for women
dislike

yellow floral
White Musk Collection Musk Pure Tom Ford for women Pictures

In September 2009, Tom Ford presented collection White Musk Collection that contains four new fragrances: Urban Musk, White Suede, Musk Pure and Jasmin Musk. The collection is based upon the essence of musk, which is one of the favorite ingredients of Tom Ford. These fragrances are very feminine, a little bit lighter by color and by composition comparing to the previous editions.

Musk Pure brings aromas of bergamot, pepper, ylang-ylang, jasmine, lily-of-the-valley, iris root butter, iris root absolute, Sambac jasmine, Tonka, benzoin and bees wax.

The first three fragrances were created in the cooperation with Givaudan perfumers, while the White Suede was composed with Firmenich. The fragrances are available in very modern and elegant bottles of 50 ml.

Bergamot Pepper Ylang-Ylang Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Orris Root Tonka Bean Beeswax Benzoin Musk

Clair de Musc
Musk Extreme
White Musk
White Musk

White Musk Collection Musk Pure Fragrance Reviews

srt33
srt33

I was told this one, like Amber Absolute last year, will be re-released

christianne1
christianne1

Classic white musk made pure and heavenly. Kinda perfect actually. As a lifelong musk fan I have tried countless options from drug store to niche even more pricey than this. For what I enjoy about white musk, TF nails it. Smooth, creamy and addictive. Not too screechy and laundry or hairspray like and it doesn't smell dated as white musk sometimes can. (SL Clair de Musc for example. I own it and find it very pleasing but feel self conscious wearing it around others because it really does smell a bit dated and The Body Shop White Musk like.) This doesn't smell like that to me. It just smells good and not really like "perfume" but like a clean and sexy skin scent. Lasts hours on me as well. No longevity issues whatsoever. It isn't supposed to project either, it is musk. Musk should be an intimate scent.

Musk Pure lives up to its name being the most pure musk from the white musk collection. And for a simple classic white musk, it may be the fairest in all the land.

Vahagn
Vahagn

First notes scared me by sharp, soapy notes reminiscent colognes 80th. But it is selective perfume, and we have to wait. And so ... he revealed, becoming LITTLE sharper, white, "romantic" musky scent.
Yes .. this perfume is not bad, but we've heard this before, and even for much less money. I would liken this perfume on Essence Narciso Rodriguez for women. Or maybe he's a little like on D & G Feminine??

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

Musk Pure is extremely gentle and intimate fragrance. The combination of notes makes this Private Blend minimalistic, clean, slightly creamy scent with great longevity and moderate projection. This would be ideal for those people who dont like strong powerhouse fragrances. It works great as a "second skin" scent. Along with Urban Musk this is another unisex scent from The White Musk Collection.

Majesty
Majesty

Musk Pure is a decent musk scent.It opens slightly soapy,with a clean 'laundry detergent' accord, screaming ''hey I just got out of the shower and I used so much soap!''..When it dries down I smell a perfume that is so similar to Penhaligon's Lavandula,that makes me feel like crazy(I guess I am not)but I do smell lavender here! In fact I smell musk and lavender!It has very good lasting power and medium sillage. If you like lavender..yes lavender,or if you are searching for a perfume similar to Lavandula try this one.

Heverton
Heverton

Musk Pure just isn't worth the price tag, that simple. This is a simplistic combination of bee wax and some spices. A very clean interpretation of musk, not sexy or enigmatic at all. The smell isn't unpleasant at all, I must say that, but the combination in here is so pure, so linear in a boring way that this fragrance becomes a flat option inside the Tom Ford collection.

marry antoinate
marry antoinate

my only and best one ever tottaly in love with it it last for ever on my skin when i wear it i fell like a queen and a very clean baby lady in love with pure musk

Musk Pure sits somewhere between Helmut Lang EDP and Helmut Lang EDC. While it completely lacks the lavender note of the HL fragrances, the overall effect it's still pretty similar. A white and soft (yet not dull) floral-musk that will appeal to anyone who's into cleaner interpretation of the musky theme. Jasmine, hints of pepper and a slightly metallic vibe laying on a moderately sweet resinous base. Simple yet satisfying.

Now that Helmut Lang's fragrances are getting ridiculously priced and very hard to find, Musk Pure is one of the few valid alternatives...

Rating: 7.5/10

calyx93
calyx93

Does NOT last - no matter how it's applied. SO tired of "niche" scents that are formulated as weakly as a discount store cologne. This smells wonderful, just for only an hour or so.

The only genius in Tom Ford is how he formulates ways to rake in hardly-earned money from saps like us.

Jasminehead
Jasminehead

Ummmmm, I can't help but to wonder if some of these people leaving comments actually ever even sniffed Tom fors White jasmine musk. It's nothing like Chanel like Chanel no5 premier, nothing like any jovan, nothing like any Alyssa Ashley. AT ALL ...lol

These is a very rare true gorgeous natural Jasmine. The comparisons are prety rediculous

eljayebee
eljayebee

I can't believe the comparisons to Jovan and Alyssa Ashley! This is SO much more complex and interesting. 'Pretty' it is not, 'addictive', it is. I wouldn't even categorize it as a 'Floral Woody Musk'. It's got a much sharper edge to it, more Oriental, or even a Chypre. Incredible lasting power, too, which helps justify, somewhat, the outrageous price. Only the Montale Aouds can compare in intensity and strength. I was hoping Urban Musk would be equally intense with a little skank added, and I had high hopes for about the first 15 minutes. Then it pretty much disappeared, alas. Otherwise, I'd be out another $160 bucks.

stephan
stephan

It smells lovely, but what a price tag! Chanel N°5 Eau Première is cheaper, perhaps even better. If you are on a budget, this is similar to Alyssa Ashley Musk.

rachellkimb
rachellkimb

I don't like musk..but I like this. Maybe b/c it IS soapy and clean..as sophwyt stated. Similar to Jovan White Musk.

sophywt
sophywt

Musk Pure is the only disappointment, so far, among the pack of samples from Tom Ford's Private Blend. I really think it should be called "Pure White Musk" because its keywords are soapy & clean, with a bit greasy feeling to let it smells thicker and more rounded than majority white musk scents on the market . There is no floral, no animal or what ever, and now I can hardly belive it's the same scent as others reviewed.

This scent remainds me of a kind of soap here people would use many many years ago - it makes from pancreas of pig (or people just use pig pancreas instead of soap). It has the slightly greasy feeling naturally. I remember when I used it to wash my hands in my childhood, my hands then had the clean and little soapy smell just same as the Musk Pure.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford White Musk Collection Musk Pure fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tom Ford White Musk Collection Musk Pure, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White Musk Collection Musk Pure by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White Musk Collection Musk Pure by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.