Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

White Musk Collection White Suede Tom Ford for women
dislike

leather
White Musk Collection White Suede Tom Ford for women Pictures

In September 2009, Tom Ford presented collection White Musk Collection that contains four new fragrances: Urban Musk, White Suede, Musk Pure and Jasmin Musk. The collection is based upon the essence of musk, which is one of the favorite ingredients of Tom Ford. These fragrances are very feminine, a little bit lighter by color and by composition comparing to the previous editions.

White Suede is blended out of rose, saffron, thyme, mate tea, olibanum, lily-of-the-valley, amber, suede and sandalwood.

The first three fragrances were created in the cooperation with Givaudan perfumers, while the White Suede was composed with Firmenich. The fragrances are available in very modern and elegant bottles of 50 ml.

Rose Saffron Thyme Tea Olibanum Lily-of-the-Valley Sandalwood Suede Amber Musk

Original Musk

White Musk Collection White Suede Fragrance Reviews

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

This is a really lovely musky leather scent with an amberish flair and a strong sandalwood undertone; the sandalwood is the predominant note in the drydown. The earlier phases are harder to describe, other than just to say I smelled really good. Lasted at least 6 hours with moderate-strong sillage.

wootforDOLCE&GABBANA

I finally, after days of mulling over this, went over to Sephora and purchased it! I SMELL ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!

wootforDOLCE&GABBANA

if you're already wearing leather, people might assume it's your jacket (or wallet, or shoes, or purse...) or something

wootforDOLCE&GABBANA

the first 30 min smelled like department store lotion...then an expensive leather wallet appeared and stayed there.

(maybe i'm just mulling over the fact that this perfume is so dang expensive if I were to invest in a bottle...)

a great 5/5 stars non-fragrance fragrance! Its the kind of fragrance where people can't tell if you've sprayed something on or not (assuming you don't spray on too much)

archivist

I've become hard to fit on leather scents, after several years when I loved anything that smelled like a western boot store - not just leather but LEATHER.

I moved away from that in time, the strong leather stopped suiting my ever-changing taste and skin chemistry, and since then I've been looking for a feminine leather that is still leather-centric but doesn't have aldehydes (Hermes leathers are nice but it's hard to find one that doesn't smell aldehydic).

This is absolutely leather - but refined. It's not suede, it's more like a really soft fresh and new purse leather with a solid whack of LOTV (a flower I don't ordinarily gravitate to, but fits leather so well that it's a combination I'm going to be looking to try in other variations).

There's also enough in it that's crisp and aromatic (I definitely smell thyme and oliban and saffron and tea, all nicely blended) that this would make an excellent choice in a professional environment. The sillage is polite, the longevity isn't great (about 4-5 hours) before it's just a quiet shimmer of ambery musk - but the top notes are so lifting that a reapplication midday would hardly be a hardship.

Absolutely worth acquiring, especially for people who ordinarily think that TF scents are too bombastic. This, Fleur de Chine, Lys Fume, Jonquille de Nuit - all have a lovely delicacy to them which is a far cry from the Black Orchid, Plum Japonais, Shanghai Lily type scents that have really pushy sillage.

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

One of my favorite private blends. If you're into leather/suede but Tuscan Leather is too intense and masculine, then try White Suede. Basically new car smell meets white flowers, clean musk and a touch of smoke. The dry down is like a musky, clean shampoo but still smells expensive and comforting. I only wish the suede/leather stayed around longer.

beritskagen
beritskagen

Tom Ford scents seems to usually have some basic similarities about them, so no wonder its listed a bunch of other TF scents that "people who like also like". However it's not very informative when researching, especially for anybody that doesn't have a TF counter nearby. So I got the chance to finally smell this, and it surely reminded me of something, but I could not put my finger on it...and suddenly it struck me: Noa by Cacharel! Of course. I have not smelt them side by side, and they probably would differ quite a bit, but if I where to choose a TF fragrance for a person who love Noa, I would go for this one. This is musk covered in suede rather than coffee leaving it soft soft and beautiful just like Noa....They share a composition of powdery transparency, but TF WS is more stated and collected and does not hide as silently in the air, its more pronounced than Noa.

In my opinion this might be one of the TFs that is a bit easier to wear. This composition seems to work in a (clean enough?) way that people will know its your perfume they are smelling rather than think; what is that odd odor...? To some of us that is rather reassuring. Some of the TFs flirts a bit with the cumin note, and that can sometimes make the perfume smell somewhat like a curry rather than something you would want to wear. This one stays clear of that, but still has kept the Tom Ford signature. (You might want people to be able to smell that price tag I guess...) Its not for the shy, but for the one that knows that there is no need to be loud or act out in weird ways to be heard. Its beautiful, clean, interesting and rather safe at the same time. It just calmly and politely stands out.

craftymaya
craftymaya

I bought a sample of this because I have Armani Code Couture (with a wonderful leather note) which I adore, and because of the good reviews. Well, I like the opening of White Suede, but after a couple minutes, instead of suede, on me, I get more like a light gasoline smell.... I get also a balsamic vibe, but no musk at all. No, that is not a scent I will purchase. Maybe more masculine than feminine too, in my opinion.

arrode
arrode

First, I am reviewing the reformulated version in the dark bottle.

Smells lovely. Suede, musk, and light florals. Perfection in a bottle.

Problem: zero projection. I sprayed 10 sprays on my forearm and could not smell it unless I held it 3 inches from my nose. I was shocked by how many sprays I had to go to get even that mild of projection! I kept going and going hoping to get a moderate projection, but... nothing!

I thought this was worth a purchase for me based on the beautiful smell, but the reformulated version is so, so weak. It lasts for 6+ hours on my skin, but unless you're giving me a hug you won't smell it. So disappointing!

All other Tom Ford Private Blends project a minimum of 6 inches off me. This is the single one that just has no power at all. Such a disappointment.

Godisnowhere666
Godisnowhere666

Sweet soft mellow cuddly scent, when I tested the sample, I recognised the same scent from somewhere before, to then realise it smells like ombré rose! ... Great cheapie alternative!

LoneCamel
LoneCamel

With the usual dramatics of Tom Ford, this one is still very unoffensive. At least, I guess it is to others. But on my skin, she behaves like a very well off acquaintance, a well bred midlife woman who smiles warmly but manages to look down her nose at me and turn away, self possessed. This is definately her day off, the sun is shining and she is wearing jeans and a straw hat. 30 minutes later she gets more relaxed but still cold somehow. The only suede I detect is in the print on the label.

walking44
walking44

A light, musky, suede, floral. I see this as more feminine than masculine.

Calvini
Calvini

A little too musky powdery towards the middle/end, wish the suede accord would stay prominent.

katherine410
katherine410

White Suede is absolutely divine! If heaven had a scent it would be this! As someone else here mentioned, I too catch myself constantly sniffing my wrist. This can be a casual, everyday, t-shirt and jeans wearing fragrance, yet it can also be elegant, sexy and delicate enough to be worn for an intimate night with your significant other. Actually, I like wearing this when I have nothing but a night gown on.

HOWEVER, for me this sits very close to the skin, and so sillage and longevity are low :(

I haven't purchased this yet but the sales person at a local department store gave me a generous sample. I soooo want to buy this! And I'm torn as to whether I should or shouldn't. $220 for a 1.7oz bottle and I would have to spray this like crazy! Wrist, neck, behind the ear, above the head, clothes etc. not sure if its worth the price tag.

But my love for this may just prove to be too strong.

royalLionheart
royalLionheart

TF White Suede >> ok.

Evody Cuir Blanc >> amazing.

Evody has more depth, is more opulent.

Evody wins.

axlebart
axlebart

This is a lovely scent.

Despite being explicitly unisex, I imagine this will work superbly on female skin, it works brilliantly on my male skin. It's a powdery smelling complex blend including sandalwood, and other ingredients I can't pick out - but the blend works excellently. It dominates the middle range with a little flowery upturn toward the top. Very difficult to describe, but it's at the musky/vetiver end of the scale and it's very unoffensive.

For me it immediately made me think of a female work colleague I used to sit next to who smelled so wonderful I wanted to sniff her neck. Even so, as a male, and a red-blooded one at that, I would not hesitate to wear this with my courting hat on.

But Aventus it is not. This is a mum-sy, welcoming, big hug of a fragrance that will make you smell approachable, rather than unavoidable.

Another easy winner from Tom Ford.

jadetrail51
jadetrail51

Holy Mother of Musk! This is The Perfect fresh floral/musk for any time but I'm especially enjoying it over this sweltering hot summer.
This is the one you'd appreciate the person sitting next to you wearing on a crowded bus or cramped flight; this is the one that is so soft you could spritz it on before retiring on a hot humid night for perfect dreaming; this is the freshness I get from the nape of a newborn's little head; but it also subtly excudes a clean and sexy vibe. Appealing on so many levels; generation-less and any time of day friendly. Your daughter could wear this to the Prom; your spouse could wear it to shop for groceries. I would wear it with my little black dress or my white linen shirt. I guess only a musk hater wouldn't wear or appreciate it. Best musk to come along in a very long time.

houstcs
houstcs

Okay, so this opening was super disappointing. It barely smelled like anything (only a hint of a suede shoe), but two minutes in and I was blown away by the craziness that was herbs. The heart was beautiful and herbal, like showering in fresh spices and herbs from a high end chefs kitchen. I don't have anything similar and really enjoyed my experience.

Oh, and I did not really find it that feminine as suggested above.

lasted strong at 10 hours---little weak at 16 hours. 84 degrees today

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Urged to try this one by somebody on this page's forum, I duly visted a Nordstrom for a paper strip and a spray.

I was hoping for a sort of distant cousin to Tuscan Leather, which I like very much. Or perhaps some variation of a light white musk of the type found in Mugler Cologne. Anyway, that was the expectation.

What I got was a sort of hard-to-define collection of notes that didn't make me think of either. Worse, it didn't play well with my skin chemistry, becoming rather sour or "off." There's a note there that is just not flattering or pleasant on me.

What's more, it's very light. I'm a big guy... this is like wearing a tie made out of Kleenex. It just doesn't work.

My wife didn't like it, either. It reminded her of a cheap musk that somebody she used to know used to wear.

So... no. Not for me.

Fragrantlife
Fragrantlife

Very pretty fragrance. On me, mostly musky and flowery with a serene base of suede (ie birch). Reminds me of a more grown-up, softer and introverted Noa, which I always found to be somewhat high-pitched.

Now the question: is it worth the price tag? As someone else wrote, it creates an aura of happiness and coziness. Nonetheless, I'm on the fence as to whether it is FB worthy. At half the price, I would certainly consider it, as it is an elegant yet approachable rendition of the genre (albeit not the most unique).

PS: it certainly has a distinctive burned rubber smell in the first 30 minutes. I happen to like it as an interesting counterpoint to the softness of musk and flowers.

KouKanamiya
KouKanamiya

Floral, cozy, soft with a hint of nuts is how I'd describe this fragrance. I couldn't detect any suede notes here, but instead can smell the roses, rounded out by the spices which somehow on me smells a bit like a sweetened vetiver. The scent stays linear on me throughout, but it is a very nice scent. I'd say this is a pretty safe and conservative fragrance to wear, or simply something to wear if you want to feel warm and cozy. Sillage and longevity are low on me, as seems to be the challenge with the Tom Ford fragrances that goes well on my skin. However, it is a good scent, a bit commercialized, but I like the comforting feel it gives off. All in all, pretty good and pleasant.

secamel
secamel

Amazing clean/jaded musk. I wear it for myself. If people around me like it, well, I don't really care because it makes me smile which is the main reason why I spend lots of money on this expensive hobby.

tropic0
tropic0

Modern smooth cowboy.

This is top notch! Give it a go ladies n' gents - with a kiss of sun warm cotton and a kick of leather and sandlewood, it is the perfect summer fragrance. The silliage slightly floral, but that's ok, it doesn't interfere. Be m8ne!

dioraddictfan
dioraddictfan

This is pure class. I love this, when I wear it I'm always catching myself sniffing my wrists. It's very retro and elegant, the rose is subdued, and a nice suede note. Very good.

EnglishCountryGarden
EnglishCountryGarden

As an avid sniffer of chamois leather, with a deep abiding memory of a cerise suede coat trimmed with fluffy sheepskin purchased in 1973 from Romford Market, I can say this holds no suede for me whatsoever. But. It is lovely. It is soft as one of those elegant buttery leather gloves which you found at the bottom of your mum's handbag, which always managed to smell of the ambition and yearning to be a lady in click-clack heels when you grew up.
Gentle as a buff ostritch feather dipped in musky face powder, nuzzle-able as a newly bathed baby with rosebud lips. For me, it's rose pink lipstick in a gold twist tube, blotted onto a handy-andie tissue, Lily of the valley in the darkest corner of the garden after a shower of rain, and a fluffy towel to dry off with. It clings delicately to everything it touches, and is still evident, a month later, on the fluffy throw I use over my duvet on ice-nights. Beautiful.

juji
juji

I can't add much to what has already been said about WM...it's just sensual, plush, floral leather that melds with my skin. (I only have a large sample of this and Tuscan Leather but would drool at the thought of having fb of them both.Tuscan Leather is a Holy Grail of mine Try layering the two...OHMY!)

I only want to add that it is remarkable similar to Ombre Rose. I've gone through two bottle of that in the past and have a few spritzs left but NO DOUBT, they are eerily similar,only Ombre Rose has a little less, well, "sumthin sumthin" than White Suede.. ..but may be a good substitute for a whole lot less $$

archivist

This is nice. It's a very familiar white musk, with a pleasant soft leather plushness. It does not smell as complex or interesting as many Tom Fords, but it is certainly accessible and would be easy to wear.

christianne1
christianne1

There is a reason this is the last man standing from the TF musk collection. It is freaking wonderful. I love the classic musk smell mixed with leather. The combination is so sexy. It takes an otherwise clean fragrance and adds depth and makes it interesting. Some days I get a LOT of leather from this. Seems like humid, rainy days really brings it out. This is one of those scents that I want to wear day after day once I put it on and have a hard time breaking it. I get a bit addicted to the musky scent. It is very comforting and soothing to my soul. One of my favorite musks of all time and I have tried a LOT. Been a musk fan since about the 6th grade when I first discovered musk oil. White Suede is what I consider real musk. So many supposed "musky" scents today just aren't musky to me. This is the real deal.

uchini
uchini

Ok. I have a sample of white suede and smells EXACTLY, and I say EXACTLY as midnight in paris EDP VERSION.

The suede rubbery acord smells IDENTICAL 100%.

No more, no less,

Lana148
Lana148

Milky, floral suede.

My mom used to have lipsticks, when I was little, that I believe, smelled like this. This definitely smells like some sort of cosmetics to me and has some retro vibe to it.

This feels pleasant and abstract.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

White Suede is a clean floral musk, paired with leather and resinous notes. The leather/suede in this does not really smell like leather to me; it smells a bit like a pile of furs, dusty and slightly animalic, kinda reminds me of my cat... The scent overall is pleasant and feminine, I think White Suede is suitable for both formal occasions and as an everyday scent. It is not very strong, quite inoffensive, but lasts fairly long. Probably not my most favourite musk, but I do enjoy it.

lizakaya
lizakaya

While not my ultimate favorite Tom Ford, I do love this and find it one of the most approachable and wearable of the collection. My husband chose this for me, and it is as appropriate with jeans and a white tee as with my typical all black work ensemble and a cocktail dress. To me, this is all rounded corners, powdery floral with a musk backbone. I also love that I can spray this fairly liberally without worrying I will offend the sensibilities of someone who is fragrance challenged and at the same time not smell like a mainstream bowl of fruit or plate of caramel.

Kathrynsich
Kathrynsich

This perfume is made of angels wings and rainbows. It is one of my all-time favorite scents! I was spoiled by a friend who got it for me once, and it was like liquid gold to me for the next year or so. I was devistated when it ran out because it's so expensive; this one's on my "treat yourself" list for down the road.
Musk, suede, lily, sandalwood are the strongest notes. It's light and pleasant and clean smelling, but still has that unique twist that you expect from Tom Ford. Suede plays with those slightly sweet florals to form something really special. You just have to smell it for yourself!
I love Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather, but it's a very strong scent, and I found myself wearing White Suede more day-to-day and in the warmer weather. A good summertime alternative if you like that scent. Tom Ford fragrances are worth every penny if you can afford it!

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Nice soft white flowers, little touch of sweetness, suede to neutralize the floral notes. Pleasant, light and easy to ware, not lasting, can be used as unisex.

Caist
Caist

This is no where near Santal Blush.. that's my signature. (who reccomended that? and who agreed to it..??)

Well, I finally found the closest thing to Bvlgari's EAU BLANC. (It falls off of me in 15 minutes) But I am in LOVE with this, and it's funny I always like his womens fragrances.

Spectacular texture with the musk and tea, not powdery but more like a new skin. The thyme keeps the florals underneath it, everything about this fragrance is balanced. What a beautiful fragrance, if you want to wear something that smells like the price:

This one. 10/10 Mr. Ford

Deus Ex
Deus Ex

Very interesting perfume.Soft,clean and classy.Recalls me serenity and perfection when I close my eyes.It could be used from men too,but not for every time,personally I wear it on summer and during the day that temperature is hotter avoid it the other seasons because it's more feminine on me.Not to mixed with others,a very long-lasting perfume with good silage.Smell it on the ladies what can I say.....divine and sexy!

Germany
Germany

WHITHE SUEDE
I love the musk and the clean aspect of the fragrance. Some days it smells of clean laundry to me, and mild soap and soft wash detergent, other days I smell the suede aspect more so and I do enjoy that as well. Its warm and clean at the same time. Like a white suede jacket , soft and cozy , turns into a skin scent completely, smells better than skin, after all , suede IS skin :)
Update
ThIs smells soooo good. Smells of suede for sure, what a genius fragrance. Equally gourgous on a man. Its very classy yet quite casual At he same time. Understated elegance. It has the smell of a leather butique , new purses and new fine leather jackets , what a sexy skin scent. On the other hand it smells of clean / dirty laundry. I smell sandalwood musk and saffron as well as suede. I can not detect the rest of the notes but they must , in combination ,do an amazing job in making this fragrance smell beautiful.
Update , white suede is slowly becoming my very favourite perfume. It's not really like perfume it's just a really good musky smell and that's what I love about it. So it's not a statement fragrance or going out smell but rather a skin smell , its sexy and musky or as my friend says it smells of linen sheets , freshly pressed , I can see that , I love that !
Some people think this is discontinued , but it's not. They changed the bottle from this to brown to go along with the other Tom Fords. As the rest of the musk line was discontinued they didn't want a lonely white cap soldier . It's more elegant in the dark bottle. And protects the juice better too.
And my compliments to Jackcrew ( several reviews below) great review, agree with everything he wrote :)
Sweetandspicy; amazing review !!! Feel exactly the same !!!

Chat Lunatique
Chat Lunatique

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have mourned the death of the wonderful aldehydic musk bomb 'Ferre by Ferre' from Gianfranco Ferre's great house of confusing nomenclature.
But I mourn no longer... because this is as close a replica as could be created. Those of you who neither own nor can recall the former will have to take my word for it, I realize. But those of you who can go smell some in your collection, I challenge you to differentiate the two in a blind test. The WS is sweeter, a little more of a lamb than a lion out of the gate.. but it's not 1992 anymore...
I really appreciate a few of Tom Ford's forays into "old" scent revival. And this one is just terrific. I wish it COST what the Ferre used to, though -- a whopping 68USD for 3.4 ounces in a gorgeous little flagon. Oh, well....

P.S. 'White Suede' ALSO smells more than a little like J Lo Glow. Oh, you KNOW it does, too.

sharmap14
sharmap14

this is like the little pre pubescent brother/sister of tuscan leather.. where tuscan leather is like the bad ass ballsy bastard who isn't scared of anything this one is still the same league but a lighter younger version

Jellybean
Jellybean

Clean suede with woody undertones of cedar and incense. It's clean, dry and on the safe side. This is unisex. Not sure if this is a good thing but on my skin it develops as a smell of a burning wood on a cold day. One of those smells many of us like to smell it but not sure if I want to smell like that.
Barely there soft musk and lily of the valley-very gentle. This kind of gives you an idea that this is cooler weather suitable fragrance.
Snuggling on a cool fall day near the bonfire, even thou this has that classy elegant appeal, but to me it's quite down to earth and simplistic.

eleonora95
eleonora95

Concordo pienamente con Jackcrew: questa fragranza opera su diversi livelli sensoriali ed emozionali, sia per chi lo indossa che per chi sta intorno.
Trovo che sprigioni una sensualità elegante, fatta di vibrazioni morbide e sottili che avvincono in modo gentile ma assolutamente determinato chiunque ne venga a contatto (uomini e donne indifferentemente).
Secondo me è un profumo davvero splendido.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Geez... will my love affair with Tom Ford ever end? White Suede is yet another stunner from Mr. Ford and it's one of my favorites. It's such a creamy, luscious and sexy musk. Nothing animalic about it what so ever. White Suede is definitely unisex but it does lean more towards the feminine side. It provides the wearer with a feeling of luxury, sexiness and comfort. This is a complex, sensual and refined musk. Classic yet modern and utterly enchanting. Heaven.

kazewayz
kazewayz

Another delicious blend from the Tom Ford line. This is complete sweetness, with leather. It's warm, powdery and creamy. Beautifuly made. Reminded me of a warm leather jacket. Excelent. Extremely unisex. Try it.

jtd
jtd

White suede starts out with a nose-hair singeing chemical suede scent that seems like a shoddy copy of Heeley's cool-to-the-touch Cuir Pleine Fleur. It’s not half-hearted, or ‘not-quite’, it smells defective. The jarring topnotes give me a bit of fight or flight reaction, and I have to make certain not to shit myself.

In perfumery the notion of suede is usually conjured with references to tea, dried leaves, birch, violet and the like. And, while true that ‘leather’ notes might more precisely be called ‘tannery’ notes, the chemistry involved in White Suede is undisguised. White Suede grows quieter, but never less shrill and gives the nerve-wracking sensation of a siren passing you, fading in the distance, but always sounding too sharp in pitch.

By chemical I mean unnatural. "Natural" is the verbal equivalent of zero in mathematics. Strictly defined, imaginary, entirely conceptual. In common usage "natural" is falsely fundamental. We use it with a wink and a nod and make a point of never defining it and hoping nobody else will either. It carries enormous significance, principally judgement--good and worthy--but has no meaning in fact. I find it hard to use the word in a sentence.

But 'unnatural' is another bird entirely. It’s campy but not blatantly humorous. It comes to have much more meaning than 'natural' because it's like saying, 'all that crap over there--the things you stuff inelegantly into that word "natural"? It's not that.' 'Natural' is a consensual fiction that we don't dare pry into. 'Unnatural' in perfumery means that you can’t hide the chemical origin with a botanical ‘note’. ("Watch out, girl. That chemical flower note will torch your ass!") Again, judgement is implied, but camp saves day because, though you use the word, the implicit irony means you don't believe the literal meaning of it.

So, White Suede is as unnatural and chemical as they come. It's a reminder that an imbalanced perfume made with mostly aromachemicals has a higher risk of flying out of control than one made of mostly botanicals. White Suede isn't the person humming a vague ditty out of tune. It's the forgotten, full, screaming tea kettle that you hope will soon run dry and burn the house down.

from scent hurdle.com

jackcrew
jackcrew

I have been on a search for a musk. While walking through Saks, I purchased a bottle of Kiehl's original musk and the sales lady guided me over to Tom Ford where I tried White Suede. This fragrance baffles me.

It seems to operate on two levels of the brain. The surface level says "no big deal." It is a basic fresh/clean smell that truly does smell like a store full of expensive leather jackets or purses. Nice, but nothing special.

But this musk also operates on a deeper level of my brain (the primitive, animal part near the amygdala). This is the part of the brain sometimes associated with emotion and feelings. White Suede Musk activates this section greatly. First, I just cannot pull my wrist away from my nose in order to stop sniffing. Secondly, I want my life to smell like this. I want my home, car, clothes, and my skin to smell this good.

For some reason, when I wear this scent my life seems richer, happier, more satisfying. It makes me wonder why this is not the most popular smelling fragrance in the world - doesn't everyone want to smell like this?

Then the upper level of the brain takes over and says, "it isn't anything special; hence few people buy it."

So, White Suede Musk by Tom Ford is really nothing special in regards to the fragrance world. It is pleasant, clean and simple in many ways. You will find many scents that are more beautiful and worth the money. But I will buy this musk and wear it as much as possible because for me, it operates on a primitive level and invokes great joy and happiness in my mind. And that makes it so worth it.

Linden
Linden

Beautifully soft, creamy musk. At first whiff, I honestly thought of white chocolate, immediately followed by soft roses and cool lily of the valley mixing with soapy-powdery musk and sandalwood. WS creates the idea of suede perfectly; clean, cool, silky and comforting simultaneously. A bit like D&G By (F); smooth, sensual with a classic tone. Something about this musk kept taking me back, to something familiar...a scent from my childhood. After much pondering, I realized how much this reminds me of MQ Havoc. Love it!

guest_Vie Cafe
guest_Vie Cafe

I am testing this at the moment... Gosh, do I EVER smell sexy. This is what musk smells like when it is done well. The suede is soft and velvety... divine!

From one side, I am reminded of the extremely masculine style of JPG and from the other side, I get a lot of floral notes from the LOTV and rose... it seems I am of the few that detect the flowers in here. I feel like they give the perfume its faint creaminess and lightness. The tea note reminds me of brewed black tea that is cooling down. It gives the scent its soft lightness and its freshness. It took long minutes for me to be able to detect the saffron, but it was magnificent when I finally did! Saffron and thyme together, what a brilliant idea. Thyme always gives a nice peppery/aromatic scent to perfumes, and it is less harsh than the common pink pepper note. It is also very masculine and sexy.

Overall, I LOVE this scent and I believe it will not be to the taste of every woman because it is quite assertive, but if you appreciate a stronger, more "yang" scent, you will pull this off very easily. Men will smell divine in this too!

EDIT I put this on my BF. A real delight on male skin!!

gracep
gracep

I'd like to begin this review with a disclaimer: I hate the smell of suede. I sampled this perfume because on the card the suede smell dried down to a rich, clean musk smell later. At this point, all I'm getting on my wrist is the same way too thick, loud vibe I get from pretty much everything Tom Ford (with the exception of Amber Absolute, which was good but really not suited to a fairly light-hearted, 21-year-old woman). At this rate, I'd say this is one of many cases where something smells great on the card but awful on me.

Update: The dry down makes it smell like...skin! That's the clearest way to describe it. It smells like skin, but human skin. It's hard to explain. It's a well put together and interesting fragrance, but I don't think its one I could wear, or would want to. It smells like skin, leather, suede, musk, and carpet cleaner, but then on some sniffs in the same session, it smells different and like it did on the card--with something warm, classy, and clean. It's like some kind of fragrance hologram.

111ImNumber1
111ImNumber1

Beautiful fragrance. Very unique and high class. If you like wearing luxurious off-white leather or suede jackets in a nice day this will add a touch of elegance to you. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful this fragrance is, BUT it only has one problem: it is close to the skin and doesn't project. I'd buy 10 bottles of it if it were a bit stronger, really with no doubt in my mind!

aschiffm
aschiffm

mmm yum. this is a nice warm musk. it reminds me a bit of Bvlgari Mon Jasmin in that it is musky , warm and creamy. warm creamy suede. sandalwood is also prominent.

AveParfum
AveParfum

Tres, tres chic! Amaaaaaazing use of suede in a perfume! I can't stop sniffing myself. I bought the full bottle on the spot. It smells really, really classy. It's "casual elegance," as I like to say.

I love musk, but it's a chore to find a good one that doesn't smell totally synthetic. When I heard about suede and musk together, I thought it was genius--the perfect combination. I smell so much suede here. It's like the perfume is 50/50 suede and musk. I can definitely detect some resins, flowers, and a lot of honey-scented saffron, but the focus is mostly on suede and musk. Sometimes I find the scent of leather too harsh, somewhat jarring, but suede is the perfect, maybe even more luxurious, compromise.

The scent is very cozy, with "classic projection", as I like to call it, meaning it's not far too strong, but it's also not a skin scent. A few sprays last 18+ hours on my skin, through my entire work day, commute time, and even the gym, and although light, I could still smell it on myself. I'm sure it will do wonders in the colder months, but right now it's 80 degrees, and it's blossoming beautifully on me.

saidah
saidah

love this perfume. very unique and if to compare to black orchid that i wear mostly for evening occasions, white suede is much more lighter. love it.

sablebombe
sablebombe

I have this but haven't tried it yet - I'm not the greatest fan of musk but I find myself constantly sniffing at the bottle and I can smell the scent strongly and I do like what I smell! I think tomorrow I will give this a go and hopefully don't break out in a rash like I did with Black Violet!

Grottola
Grottola

White Suede, by Tom Ford, to my nose, simply smells like a leather (suede) purse with some clean laundry detergent musk.

It's nice and pleasant, but would be better layered with something, or perhaps with more added to it to give it some structure. A very nice and long-lasting suede note that's quite accurate, nonetheless.

Kchild
Kchild

White Suede has a lot of rough edges for me. It's not feminine and smooth but rather decidedly unisex and a bit jagged. Not that this is a bad thing~just quite different from what I was expecting.

It starts off w/a beautiful cloud of musky suede. Then after only about 5 minutes it turns stronger~more pungeant. I can definately smell animal skin and yet it's in the most appealingly unexpected way. As it warms on the skin it becomes a real work in olibanum, amber, saffron, thyme, and suede. (Have I said the word suede enough yet?) The floral notes are quite nuanced and on me virtually undetectable. I'm sure that they contribute to the composition but they are not what stand out. I would never in a million years guess that there was any lily of the vally or rose in here. Instead it feels more like walking into a leather and suede store. You know how the air always seems to be weighted w/the scent of these items? That's what this is very close to. It doesn't smell like one jacket~it smells like a room full of them.

Longevity is amazing,sillage is very respectable. Not a warm summer scent but it'll be brilliant starting in the fall. For me it's a perfect 7/10. Not something I have to have but since I do own it~when I wear it I enjoy it immensely!

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Sandalwood, Suede & Amber
these are the detectable notes that work a heady mix on me.

I liked this fragrance alot ....
much more than I thought I would
A Rich Complex Leather
to my delight ....
recalling CUIR RUSSIE
without the typical CHANEL powdery smell...
I want a bottle !!!