Designers » T-Z » Chypre Floral « Groups

White Patchouli Tom Ford for women

White Patchouli Tom Ford for women Pictures White Patchouli Tom Ford for women Pictures White Patchouli Tom Ford for women Pictures White Patchouli Tom Ford for women Pictures

The new fragrance for women White Patchouli by Tom Ford arrives to the market in September 2008. White Patchouli is created in cooperation with perfumer of the house of Givaudan and it is mixed as a game of white flowers, patchouli, peony, bergamot, jasmine, rose, coriander and ambrette seed. The perfume is available in a white glass bottle in three sizes: 30, 50 and 100ml edt, and as body lotion.

Commercial for this perfume was done in black and white. Photographers in charge of the quality presentation are Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, while the face on the commercial is popular singer Erykah Badu. The commercial will be present in fashion magazines from September, when campaign for sale of White Patchouli will also begin.

Bergamot Peony Coriander White Flowers

Rose Jasmine Ambrette (Musk Mallow)

Patchouli Incense Woody Notes

White Patchouli Fragrance Reviews

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

I've been so excited to write about this fragrance this morning.. because wow!!!! There's nothing else like it, and I have a varied and large collection at home, and tend to take the time to try out lots of perfumes in store as I'm passing through, because I'm a sensualist heart.

You won't smell like everyone else, and you'll smell incredible.

Instantly, I was transfixed by WP. I ordered it as a blind buy because I am a hippie at heart, and I do so love my bohemian scents and natural oils - I don't wear patchouli a lot, really, but I do like to burn a fine quality incense, and this touches on that, but mixed with a dark and balmy rose. The rose in this recalls JHAG - Lady Vengeance in it's quality. It's fantastic!!! And you don't need much or many applications to sustain it.

The overall impression is of someone who is confident, sharp, switched on, engaged, a little alternative, and with an undeniable femininity. I can see unconventional cuts and prints and styles on the person that wears this, but pulled off with panache!

On first spray, after the first few seconds of awe peel away, there's a slight 'homme' note to this, but it quickly turns into the rose and patchouli combo that knocks my socks off.

I just love wearing this because in my love of perfumery, I have never smelled anything like it - while the dark rose has a JHAG quality, the whole character of the scent is its own, and while incredibly female, it is also very, very Ford. I must say, that he really knows how to conduct a perfume, like a wonderful orchestra of scents, he brings out the best so that the overall composition is perfect, different, exquisite, unforgettable. Good perfume should be like music - classical and timeless. Artful and inspired.

I can't wait to continue to wear this and see how it might change in different seasons. I can't see myself wearing much else perfume wise for some time. I am completely and utterly surprised and in love with this - I had a feeling I would love it. I feel like a rock star.

antihero
antihero

Just wonderful! Tom Ford knows how to work with patchouli, it is always beautifully done. The white flowers give this a soft sweetness with the peony and a light spicy depth of coriander. There is a clay-feel going on with this that I first mistook for soapiness. It is pleasant. I am impressed by this and enjoy it immensely.
For thoses who have difficulty with patchouli, and often find it overwhelming please test this.
Very well done. I love the simplicity.

Wonderfugl
Wonderfugl

I got this a few days ago and have worn it just once. This is my initial impression: that of golden dust and the earth in which rare botanical plants grow. It's heavenly discreet, clean and fascinating, a very sensuous scent that keeps me wanting more. I don't get the sense that it is overpowering, but I'll have to wear it again to be sure how prominent it is.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

White Patchouli is decadent. This fragrance just makes my senses go wild. Patchouli is my second favorite scent, the first is vetiver. This fragrance combines the patchouli with white flowers but in a way that is not to girly. It smells elegant and sophisticated. I think it should be classified as unisex. I wear it now and then and when I do, the compliments just keep coming.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

My reaction on initial spray: "That's a lot. That's a lot of a lot."

It starts with a blast of patchouli, coriander and bergamot and not a peony to be found. Then it turns oddly creamy. No, not like milk... like glue. Industrial glue. I don't know what it is, but in only mere minutes I smell something rubbery that combined with the patchouli brings to mind images of car parts in a salvage yard. I don't know if the cause is the combination of the white flowers and the ambrette, or what. But whatever it is, it's the opposite of appealing. Such a devilish juice for such an angelic bottle.

I had high hopes for this one. Dashed to pieces they are.

Germany
Germany

Great fragrance ! And the name fits it perfectly! White flowers and lots of patchouli. Makes a great combination. Rather than making the patchouli earthy with woods this scent lightens it with flowers such as gardenia and rose and jasmine. There is a medicinal note here , slightly herbal and a little spicy which would be the coriander , very noticeable and well fitting especially paired with the amberette seeds ,,,
someone said it smells like a fresh painted room and I find that to be very true ! In a pleasant way though, not pungent , wet paint ,,,, but more so of a room that has been freshly painted a few days ago and it still has this slight fresh paint smell, maybe some white flowers on the table ,,,,, the room is clean and still slightly sterile ,,,this modern renovated house is in the middle of the woods clean air is wafting through the open windows while the paint is still curing.
,,some people say they can't smell the patchouli but to me its ALL about patchouli. In a big LOUD way. It's just presented clean and fresh , how this is established I am not entirely sure but I believe the white flowers and the absence of other heavier notes strippes the patchouli into a very clean so to say "not as earthy as normal " patchouli. Smells delightful. I can see this fragrance on a man as well as on a woman!

I am sad to say that Holts has discontinued it. I hope its still available elsewhere. But it looks like its fading out at other places too. Get it while you can :)

In addition this fragrance fits a lot of situations. It's very daily but can even be worn for any function , casual and formal , winter and summer , woman and man!
Update , lots of great reviews on here. I especially agree the reviewer missk! Wow she has this scent down! Perfect review ! And yes sadly I think it has been discontinued.

SexyJasmine
SexyJasmine

Ever had a 'fume bring you to tears? That's what TM's White Patch did for me. I had an emotional experience when I took my first whiff of this magical elixer. It was more than just smelling something that smelled pretty. This was emotional and spiritual and sexual....I can hardly put what I experienced into words. I think I have a new favorite. I'm new to the magic of Tom Ford. This is my first purchase from this line. I look forward to my next bottle

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

Clean,crisp unisex flowers. I tried this for many months before i started to get obsessed. Its like when you hear a new album, you listen to it more & more, before you know it, you are stuck...clean, crisp amour
I love White patchouli!

K1
K1

For me White Patchouli is so sensual and at the same time so odd. This must be for the plasticy smell in the heart level which is probably for peony.
Anyway, the opening is so sexy, so vibrant. I close my eyes making a scenario over the smells; a woman, nude in a bathtub of milk and flower body shampoo, smoking expensive cigar.
White Patchouli is dense, exciting, delicate although it has powerful attitude, sweet sexy, floral, smoky incense, bold and so radiant in smell with enormous sillage and lasting power.

maha.alsuwaiidy
maha.alsuwaiidy

Always unique and adorable. I loved the name of the perfume, the beautiful white bottle and TF!!! However, this smell is a no no to me. Didn't like it. Not even a bit. It smells really cheap, which is not "Tom Ford" at all.

von dita
von dita

Pachtouli bathed in white flowers.Milky,subtle,yet,outstanding.Still,it's Tom Ford.

odelnyul
odelnyul

It does smell like glue on my wrists. BUT it still forms a beautiful cloud around me. It smells expensive, exquisite and amazing. It is a beautiful citrusy, flowery patchouli. The perfume equivalent of a citrusy-coriandery white beer, with the addition of peony and fresh roses. Gorgeous. Lovely. Intoxicating. Get it. :)

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

Very longlasting, but not my cup of tea. It suits more mature women.

framorena
framorena

THIS is a perfume; something strong, beating, evolving, caressing. It will reduce you in slavery.

shivabglr
shivabglr

you know the smell of freshly painted houses? that's what WP smells like to me,

it absolutely smells white and calm, I detect no harsh note in it
imagine Fuel for Life Femme without the sticky sweetness
in the end I can even smell Narciso For Her EDP

almost like a grown-up and non-sweet Coco Mademoiselle

this one grew on me,
very unique and ADDICTIVE!

longevity and sillage average on my skin

Mary-Jayne
Mary-Jayne

I am unsure why I don't really like this perfume.
From the listed notes it should be perfect, the reviews sound good, and the TF's I have tried previously, although a limited selection have all smelled pretty good to me (except Sahara Noir which I disliked intensely although I could see the talent behind it).
So I am a little perpexled as to why this isn't working for me.
I tested at the same time as 2 other patch heavy scents so perhaps because I loved them so much it made me perceive this as inferior. And it isn't bad at all, I just don't like it, which confuses me somewhat!

The patch is strong (as you'd imagine) in this, but there seems little else of interest is happening. Opens with patch, continues with patch, closes with patch...which is all well and good, but I can buy a bottle of good Patchouli essential oil, a bottle of carrier oil, and make myself a body oil that achieves the same effect for a lot less money. And I often do just that, or add some patchouli oil to unscented body lotion to make a lovely body lotion to layer with my perfumes.
So I guess maybe I am just finding this one a bit.....*whispers* boring?

movs
movs

WP is one of the strangest perfumes I have ever encountered.
When I spray WP, I’m always put off by the opening. WP opens with almost pure plastic with just a tiny bit of patchouli. The unpleasant opening is gone in half a hour and so is the perfume - or so it seems at first. But if I sniff my wrist closely at this stage, I pick up a vague note of peach! – or at least something slightly fruity, even though fruit isn’t mentioned in the notes. Then the strange thing happens: if I sit by an open window with a breeze coming in or if I drink hot coffee, the breeze from the window or the heat from the coffee will bring me wafts of a beautiful rosy patchouli scent. It is a very elegant and classic rose scent. The rose smells like a fresh red rose groving in the garden and the patchouli just makes a statement but is never overwhelming.

I’m a bit of a wrist-sniffer, I like loud perfumes and I was searching for a patchouli scent. In my opnion this is more a rose scent than a patchouli scent. It is more a sillage than a perfume: It doesn’t help to sniff your wrists because you won’t catch the perfume this way. You can’t force this perfume, it will only come to you in wafts and in the beautiful sillage. Maybe you won't become friend with this perfume the first time you test it but it certainly is one of those perfumes that will grow on you.

In 3 words: PLASTIC – VAGUE - ROSE

brucifer
brucifer

This smells great im going to get some for my partner. Is there a masculine version of this or anything similar?

Poboijosh
Poboijosh

This thing that we're all madly and disgustingly obsessed with is really something else, and this is coming from an individual that has one of the hardest core passions about perfumery to the point where I get stressed out and overwhelmed because I know that I can very easily create something like this, unfortunately my finances limit me, but the fact that we eat, sleep, and breathe what's inside these glass flacons isn't as bad as the fact that these glass flacons are actually a drug that controls us to the point of skipping bills, losing sleep, and doing whatever `we` can to get that `fix`, and I can clearly understand why nymphos are who they are, because they want that `next best thing`, and in all seriousness, I actually had to stop myself the other day and realize that I have a problem to the point that I'm actually obsessed with this art that we call the `Art of Perfumery`, give myself a slap on the wrist and come to the realization that there`s other things in this life that I need right now besides perfume, like food. I'll give it to this Tom Ford guy, I'm really not 100% sure if he pays people to invent these wild and just freakin` out there concoctions, or if the dude truly is too intelligent for his own good, hence why he's a billionaire with a giant capital B, and has some marketing skills like nobody`s business, because he hooked me, but the simple fact that if you look behind these juices and `really` see what this guy is re-creating and bottling up über successfully and not from a marketing stanpoint, but to the point where he knows exactly what he's doing and what us the consumers want, from an era that's long gone just simply blows you away, because what is successfully being accomplished here in White Patchouli to a T, takes some mad crazy skills and brains that is obviously gifted from God, and frankly, I'm extremely jealous... it completely boggles my brain as to how the blending of simply simple notes create a sensation, a feeling, a dejà vú, which leads me to these `juices` inside these beautiful flacons albeit the Signature series or those olfactory bending Private Blends that I personally just cannot get enough of... scrape off all that frou-frou sugar coating and handsome packaging of what these dopamine inducers really are, and we as humans come to the realization that these `juices` are really, and ultimately... drugs, in a vapor form that we wear on our skin, take a moment and let that marinate, think about that for a sec, really think about that, do you really want everyone to stare at you like some kind of a circus freak `wrist sniffer` that you really are (?!) take for example Tuscan Leather, the opening of that juice so obviously smells like a giant baggie of the highest grade Cocaine that if you have a pulse and snorted a line or two in your life, you'd say that shit`s just absurd, and the quality that's there that your gorgeous little Alligator skin Tom Ford bill fold can afford is plainly stupid... I'll respectfully bow down to Mr. Tom Ford for taking some simple notes in nature, throwing them into a stunning Art Deco white flacon and appropriately naming it `White Patchouli` embossed onto a gold plate and made the opening 5 minutes of that juice smell exactly like Isobutyl Nitrites, or better known as Poppers... that's simply mindblowing! We all know that Poppers are used for sex and `not` for heart patients with moderate angina, so, c`mon, let's be realistic here! Look at it this way, this extremely skilled individual is not only creating a phenomenally fantastic perfume that's completely wearable, but he's giving you an `experience` as well, now that's a genius right there, and honestly, I would just love to hang out with this guy for one day to pick his brain apart, because I could very easily do this knowing what `us` the consumers are really searching for in terms of experience, performance and longevity in a perfume, and the fact that this guy brashly and knowingly is marketing and selling you sex which we as consumers blatantly and willingly buy into while being delivered a fabulous product to boot, smell wise, packaging wise, and in overall wearability, well let me tell ya`, I'll gladly spend my hard earned pennies on this brand...

primarycook
primarycook

I wanted to love this. Just look at that gorgeous bottle! Then read the reviews. Surely this would be the height of sophistication, and instinctively loving this would mean I could mentally pat myself on the back for having such elegantly good taste. I have nothing against a well done patchouli, so I approached the tester with confidence and gave my wrist a good spray. My fantasy ended right there. I was shocked at my repulsion. Maybe I didn't have the elegantly good taste I longed for. But I was going to live with this scent and see if something developed, with me or with it. Ack! It never got better and good golly Miss Molly did it hang in there! To me it was only plastic dipped in patchouli, or maybe it's patchouli with a plastic coating. Yeah, it was definitely one of those. In either case, we were just not meant to be.

rod7elfo
rod7elfo

this one is warm, sexy and sexual. love when my wife use it.

Norgirl
Norgirl

ohh how i love you White PatchouliFrom the first sniff to the last drop i will be faithfull and true :)
This sits on me like a second skin. Feals so natural and down to earth . Almost like somthing a witch could wear,A kind lady doing all goood things and always have a smile to offer .
The Patchouli is strong but not dark The floral makes this scent bright and inviting. Sweet yes but not in gormand way . its like sweet smelling Honeysucle or somthing like that, The ambrett is also detactable and i love it . Rose, pink and dewy like after the rain,incense not to much but present and lovely just lovely. Im not a big incence lover but this feals just calming and fresh mixed with the other notes .
In love ones again :)

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

That's a very strange perfume! So heavy on patchouli from the start. It reminded me of a patchouli bush I used to smell all the time at my grandmother's house.

The weird part is that even if it's so heavy on patchouli, for me it's never too much! The opening is a little overpowering but it quickly morphs into a creamy patchouli/jasmin and rose scent that lasts a long time while projecting nicely. Feminine, powedery, elegant and different. Never smelled anything like this before!

Tom Ford's feminine perfumes are way better than his men's ones!

Overall 8/10

mudpach
mudpach

In short: too much spicey patchouly. It is too heavy to me, I can't wear it weekdays. I agree that is an elegant and great cypre fragrance but a little bit too much...

First notes were truly horrible on my skin. I can't remember testing such a stinking scent before! Bergamot & coriander & white flowers combination is just too heavy.
However, after some time this fragrance is quite OK. Spicy but pleasant.
If you are able to tolerate the initial blast, you can wear it:)

cessnaski
cessnaski

This is a rare concoction that is very unique in its strong base notes. I can only smell woody notes rather than jasmine or peony, even if they are there in the high and middle notes, I would remember the distinct woody and leathery smell. I find it quite attractive in a perfume.

jellybeantree

I have been wearing this everyday ! No regrets, what so ever with this blind buy!

annamualla
annamualla

I can't make decision abaout this fragrance . it is fresh, sophisticated and powerful scent; but can i use this scent i don't know. I should test again. longevity and sillage is good

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Tom Ford best perfume, classy chypre with modern bitter twist of patchouly. Very intoxicating, opulent and lasting. Love it!

jellybeantree

I just bought this blind and I am so nervous now! I tried it when it first came out and I remember not liking it. I think the bottle had turned bad . I don't know what made me want to do this but I feel like a bad as....... ! Will update! Hope I won't regret it!

When I opened up that plastic I could smell the patchouli through the box. I sprayed it on and was struck by white sweet flowers! I was happy because I love them. After 10 minutes the rose creeped in and I got a reminder of soir de lune but only for a brief moment !The patchouli is always there but always dancing in the background. I feel sorry for the people say this is gone in 30 minutes! Its a very present fragrance with perfect sillage. I really don't want to bowl people over with my fragrance! Mmm after 40 minutes I get the incense which makes the flowers calmer . I am so happy this smells good on me , got lucky this time! I think real patchouli lovers will be unhappy with this fragrance you have to enjoy the whole experience and keep an open mind. For me it is a love!!!!

busik
busik

So strange, in a small dose on me one creamy sandalwood, nor any hint of patchouli. But well worth the effort dosage heard clearly stunning white flowers that I love so much in this fragrance. And echoes this spring waltz gentle voice patchouli, quiet, bright. Next appears a little tartness.

UrbanGypsy
UrbanGypsy

I know it's sposed to be for women but I'd wear it and I'm a guy. Its just a sweet sweet scent really.. nice..

I don't have a problem wearing something sweet. I think I'm a pretty sweet guy if I may say so.. Not in a "metro" or "goodie goodie" type of way. Its more that I just think that if you could taste me.. I'd taste sweet..

Funny ey? :)

DistantGalaxy
DistantGalaxy

I see many woman uses this fragrance.I didnt consider this was a woman perfume while buying but I am happy with it. I do not thing it is too feminen.I am happy with it's longevity,a few sprays in the morning last long till evening.Also I love it,my refreshing mood. This is a good reason to use any perfume,isnt it?

Scout
Scout

The rose, balsam, spice, and peony are wonderful in this. Yes, there is patchouli. And LOADS of it. But the florals keep it from being a mess of straight patchouli head shop oil. I will say that while it is masterfully composed and complex, I wish it had just a bit more complexity, like some subtle cream to round it out a bit. The patchouli is quite sharp and projecting. The rose and florals ride on the same frequency as the patchouli. If this were a song, the studio engineer would see that there's too much riding on the middle and high frequency, and would try to round out the bass more. It could also use some clarification into stereo or even surround sound from mono. It doesn't need much, just a bit to toggle the sense back and forth. I might try layering this with some different things to play with this concept. Generally though quite good, has garnered compliments, etc.

gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr
gritzalimaria@yahoo.gr

A complicated masterpiece.

christianne1
christianne1

When I first tried this, I didn't get it. I thought it was underwhelming and just didn't have enough scent and I sort of wrote it off. But I kept it because I just loved the white bottle next to my Black Orchid bottle.

I am so glad I loved the bottle because I tried it again yesterday and suddenly I am in LOVE! I must have tried it initially during a time when my nose wasn't working too good because this is an absolutely beautiful fragrance, so creamy and delicate and smooth but still has plenty of presence without being overwhelming. The scent builds as I wear it, it becomes stronger after a half hour than it is when I first spray it. It peaks after about an hour. It lasts a long time on me, I can even smell it on my wrists the next morning. It is a soft fragrance but it really clings. It works very well being sprayed on clothing also.

I agree with another user who said it has a white chocolate vibe. It isn't a chocolate scent by any means but the notes do combine to create a creamy, almost white chocolately aura about it. It feels creamy and "white" just as the name implies yet remains earthy and warm. It is a very unique use of patchouli, unlike anything else I have ever smelled.

White Patchouli went from a "meh, it's okay" to a total LOVE for me. So, if you don't get it at first, don't write it off...try it a couple more times. Because it could end up a love for you as well.

ayarniknit
ayarniknit

Hmm, tried this out because Black Orchid was too much, too complex, and too overpowering for me. It's true that White Patchouli has some herb-like, apothecary scents to it, but I think it balances well with the incense and the spice, which I think is most pronounced after 1 hour of wear. Very nice earthy scent that's not sickly sweet at all.
The drydown period can be a bit of a pain as it smells chemically sharp, almost like medicine, for the first half hour, but it can become a very nice, interesting smoky earthy floral. Worth a purchase if you typically like TF

marina120
marina120

E' buonissimo ma non dura più di mezz'ora

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

White Patchouli is the softest and most delicate TF I have ever smelled. Starts stunningly beautiful but loses power in 30 minutes, becoming a clean musky floral with balsamic undertone. Fresh , not offensive, this is a very "young" patchouli on my skin - one for beginners. Being a well seasoned patchouli lover I was expecting more drama; I didn't find it here. Still I love it, reminds me , in a much weaker form, of Eau de Soir from Sisley, without the soapiness. I am a teacher and I find this perfect for work: refined, classy and elegant, well above the cheap "sweets" my students wear. I enjoy it a lot and my bottle is a keeper!

Contessa01
Contessa01

Well I am annoyed. I haven't barely had this fragrance very long and it's turned completely off and sour. I had to throw it in the bin. Black orchid has lasted ages. Pls bear in mind if you get this wear it within a few months.

Jwhdz1
Jwhdz1

I wore this the other day and received so many compliments. Fragrant and definitely earthy, but not dirty. Stunningly refined and incredibly long lasting - even when I thought the scent was all but gone, then - BAM! there it was again. Love this!

macheprofumo
macheprofumo

Bought this perfume two years ago. It is just lovely. It reminds me of the first Gucci perfume launched in the 1980's, (which I owned and wore with honour) and which I believe Tom Ford had something to do with? !!! A fantastic day perfume and a good perfume for lovers of the original Gucci perfume

fooluae
fooluae

i smell it am man
listen girls and womens do not let go of these pefrume

its dare charm that will beat and sneak with beauty
of other around u
close i smell am traped

most my perfumes qulity and rely expensive

these white love

let your nose met her

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

Whenever I wear White Patchouli it is like pure bliss for me. A person definitely needs to like patchouli to enjoy this one. The patchouli in this is not too funky or earthy but it is not clean variation either. Not too sure how to actually describe it since it is a little unique, maybe herbal would be a good word to use? This fragrance starts out with this patchouli blast, it potent but it does not last too long. Though the longer you wear it starts to calm down into a more subtle scent. It gets sweeter and the white florals start to emerge. I’m usually pretty good at picking out these notes but here they are so well blended that I cannot tell what they are. I also pick up on the musk mallow which adds an additional sweet muskiness to the fragrance and makes it smell smoother. Musk mallow on me happens to smell pretty sweet on me.

I love wearing this one, because of the quirky patch that turns in a calmer smooth sweet white floral. This is my favorite offering from this house, from what I have tested which is not much...I find it a lot more wearable than Black Orchid. White Patchouli is intriguing to my nose, because I can’t quite figure it out which is what I really enjoy about it. The lasting power is outstanding. I would definitely suggest giving it a try; you might be surprised and actually like it. Though I would say it is a bit more of an acquired taste…

I really enjoy wearing White Patchouli, however it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what it is that I like about it. The patchouli in this fragrance tends to smell more medicinal than green and earthy.

White Patchouli smells very much like the household antiseptic cream, Savlon. I will admit that I rather enjoy this medicinal scent. I suspect that creamy, medicinal smell originates from the blend of patchouli, white florals and musk mallow. It can also smell a little peppery on my skin.

Although White Patchouli starts out as a rather bold fragrance, the sillage becomes much softer as the day wears on. This shocked me a little. Tom Ford usually creates scents that pack quite a punch, but White Patchouli is a tad shy.

White Patchouli is the kind of fragrance I would wear for myself rather than to please others. It's a bit of an acquired taste. Admittedly I struggle to find the right moment to wear it.

White Patchouli is marketed as a fragrance for women, however I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to men also. Due to the heavy, medicinal nature of this fragrance I find it works best during the cooler months.

All Tom Ford counters in my area have stopped selling White Patchouli. I still don't know why. I much prefer White Patchouli to Black Orchid. I'm now wondering whether this fragrance has indeed been discontinued. It would be a damn shame if it has.

sophywt
sophywt

White Patchouli is a big spicy bouquet, the scent somehow reminds me of white chocolate, not because it has white chocolate smells but the way it structures and presents the notes.

I think most of chocolate lovers don't see white chocolate as "real" chocolate, because it doesn't contain cocoa powder. but it has cocoa butter and thus keeps the feel that we get when taste the real chocolate. It's the same way that White Patchouli presents "patchouli note". White Patchouli doesn't smell dark. smoky or earthy as "real" patchouli smells, but it keeps a very faint impression of patchouli note, just like cocoa butter in white chocolate leaves people the feel of real chocolate.

If you want some dark, smoky and earthy patchouli scent, you could just pass this one without any regret.

I don't wear it often as i sometimes get dizzy by its heavy spicy floral notes, but I really like it and its interesting and artistic way of presenting patchouli note.

Scrilla
Scrilla

Not for me. I like patchouli but in this high concentration it has that medicinal smell to me. Smells like patchouli in a vial I picked up at an apothecary. Plus the florals I get a headachey, aftershave vibe. Dry down is more patchouli and wood. I get a faint hint of sandalwood, which I dislike. I don't know if it is actually in the blend, or in my mind, but I'm not a fan. I could, however, imagine this on a young male socialite, something I don't necessarily want to smell like.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

For a second I thought maybe I had found something interesting. I do smell the patchouli at first with a fresh vibe added to it (florals) but then the scent totally falls apart like a house of cards. Longevity and sillage are almost non existent.

It seems more unisex than violet blonde which had me excited for the first few minutes but then it wound up being a let down.

asher.jessie
asher.jessie

It's nothing but patchouli, weakened past its beautiful prime, by boring, pasty white florals.

Definitely not worth the ridiculous price of these less-than-amazing fragrances.

FrancesAnne
FrancesAnne

When I heard about this perfume I was desperate to try it as I adore patchouli. I rushed to the nearest department store especially to try it. I sprayed it straight onto my skin and waited. Initially it smelt very promising, but not an instant hit. I went and did some other shopping and sniffed my wrist over and over again and no matter how much i wanted to like it, the perfume just smelt so mouldy and acidic, like something that had 'gone off'. Not a pleasant experience. If you want an intense hit of patchouli then try Prada or Jessica Simpson Fancy Nights.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

I have been given a gorgeous golden travel purse spray with 2 refills on this abstract concoction in Eau de Parfum concentration.

As mentioned earlier, I also get the "fresh house paint smell" impression. It is also a bit on the screechy side, for it is Bergamot and Grapefruit (the citrus divas) that fight with the white flower divas (peony, lilley of valley-not mentioned but I can smell it, or at least something slightly indolic), then I might get some mock orange, hardly any jasmine, and it seems the rose is the sweet, soft contender that balances this heavy white floral composition right in the middle, as if it was the conductor between citrus and white florals.

Funnily enough on me it actually comes across as 'musky' as well, am I wrong? Or is that the sharp peppery note of coriander; no it's the ambrette!!

The patchouli accord is rather artistic and abstract (synthetic) and while this is not a bad thing (it makes this scent so "white", it might be disappointing to those patchouli fans who are searching for an earthy, organic, root note for it is simply not there.

I still think this is a great end result of a truly great and glamorous scent for summer, when you want something that is able to cut the heat with so much sex appeal like that ice pick Sharon Stone used to use in "Basic Instinct".

It truly has a porcelain dryness and icicle sharpness to it, that makes you see white.

Truly a masterpiece of modern, abstract, artistic perfumery. If you want something organic and wholesome go to Frederic Malle or Dior Les Exclusives. This however is top end designer stuff with focus of creating something new that has never been done before and for that accomplishment, I bow my hat!

talnyc
talnyc

I really like this Patchouly creation by Tom Ford. The patchouly scent is dominate, but the florals breaks it up a bit and makes the patchouly somewhat less powerful.

It is a fragrance that will make you feel confident and powerful. In the hot summer of NYC, it is cooling and fresh. Does that make sense? The woodsy notes come out toward the middle and stay until the end.

The scent has longevity, so you do not have to spray it on heavily. A few sprays and you are good for several hours.

yacoco
yacoco

This one is between David yurman and Midnight Poison
Anyway good fragrance but I like the blonde violet more i find it more unique

lilj
lilj

Elegant, refined, understated luxury with a modern twist. Piercing Ice Queen cold in winter months, refreshingly dry in summer months. One of the most wearable in the Tom Ford collection. Best for day and excellent for business deals. Smells like six figures all day long.

vitilsky
vitilsky

Great scent! It's so Mediterranean...

NoFutureWithoutPerfume
NoFutureWithoutPerfume

Tom Ford did it again, SO unique. Most woman would not be able to pull off this scent, simply because it is very different from most generic fragrances and will require confidence to wear. Perfume choice has something to do with personality -- keep that in mind next time you make a purchase. With that being said, for the bold personalities this one might be for you. Unlike anything else I have ever smelled and to my nose, it was HEAVEN! There is nothing old lady about this scent, simply classy just with a twist to it.

Always test before trying -- BODY CHEMISTRY MATTERS.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

An initially huge, sexy, mature, modern, night time, classy fragrance, though the dry down is not so great...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0- 5 mins- Floods the entire house

5 mins - 1.5 hours - 3 foot projection! This is class - slightly sticky-sweet with patchoulli which sounds odd but it works!. It's distintive, linear and ouzing quality - it could easily be from the House of Comme Des Garcons. A modern day, mature Stand-Up fragrance; to be worn at the Ball as confidence excudes from you... A special fragrance which highlights to me why I love fragrances so much. Well thought out, quality ingredients and quite cool. Ages 50-70

1.5 hours - 4 hours- 10 inch projection

4 hours - 7 hours - 4 inch projection. Musk Mallow dominates completely as the original smell leaves- what a pity. Water splashed near the area I sprayed and a glimpse of the original smell came back and my heart fluttered..

7 hours- 9 hours - 1 inch projection

9 hours - 11 hours. Close to skin. Musky and damp, not nice IMHO

A quality fragrance which on the whole is a wonderful experience

Good

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

It's probably my skin's chemistry, but it was extremely masculine on me which is sad. Even though i knew it was a women's fragrance, i asked the saleslady if it was unisex, cause i really thought it was. It saddens me that people got other notes than the ones i got.

I got patchouli....a lot of it. It masked everything else however i got incense as well.
That's all i could say unfortunately about this perfume, i waited for it to settle down hoping that it would change but no, not even the dry down. Just the patchouli :(
It stayed on for a looooong time, 6 hours plus.
I congratulate the people who actually had good chemistry with this perfume i read some reviews and they were wonderful :D

hhgallagurl
hhgallagurl

One of the first fragrances to make me say wow out loud! At first spray it smells like hairspray (sorta harsh and chemically) but then it opens up to a sort of candied patchouli. One that is clean and floral, sexy and earthy. To me its refreshing and invigorating while maintaining that extra something that keeps me swooning. I do not get tired of wearing this as I do with others. I think this is love!

saharafamily
saharafamily

Starting off, reminds me of a toned down version of Agent Provocateur Strip. The Ambrette seeds are soooo lovely in here, it's definitely there and stand-out noticeable. This is NOT a "Patchouli" fragrance. I understand that it's probably there but it's definitely NOT the star of the show!

A sweet honey-drenched white rose. Ambrette seeds dance around giving soil to the fragrant white roses. Stirred in a refreshing jug of bergamot iced tea. Tom Ford is an artist.

hobbscan
hobbscan

This is a rich lady fragrance. Very elegant and classy. Makes an impact because of its' unique scent. Not your typical floral scent. Very alluring and seductive. Love it. All the other Tom Ford fragrances give me a headache. Tom Ford Violet Blonde is weak and fades within the hour. Definitely White Patchouli is an evening, occasional fragrance, for big occasions like a wedding or a Broadway play. . I absolutely LOVE it! People actually stop me to ask what I am wearing.

Henriette
Henriette

This is odd, very changing, much developing in the first minutes but also in the following phases. I bought it blindly as I love patchouli and thought this would not have disappointed. Well, it hasn't but does not smell like patchouli tout cour.
It's like a cat, stirring, running, jumping, chasing, then licking her paws and comforting herself to sleep.
Yes, "her" as I would rate this a scent more for ladies than for gents. No, not even unisex, very ladylike. It has a middle sharp metallic note that makes it very witty after the drama of the initial phase.
It might not become the scent of your life, certainly not mine, but if you like perfumes and like to use different scents in different moods or seasons, I would tend to consider this as appropriate in late August, after a huge rain at the end of a hot day. The image it conveys is this one.

kenza.mrb
kenza.mrb

It is awesome

Prettysweetz
Prettysweetz

I thought I found my signature perfume...it is lovely when you first apply it and while it still going strong! Lovely patchouli and white florals...? Strong, Loud, sexy, sophisticated..I thought it was all I wanted!....but then it dried down a few hours later and them it smelled like a dirty old man...I will continue to use it but I won't repurchase because of the dry down...I wanted this so bad as I wouldnt have to reapply throughout the day, but I just can't stomach the dry Down, so I have to reapply! Too expensive for that! I always spray 3x btw.

smellME
smellME

Second time I try this from a sample.
A thick manly sticky dark sweet parcholie, hits my nose...white patcholie ?.well some flowers come latter and makes it wearable. went from one room and back and smelled something fresh, was this also white patch.? Apparantly it was.But I don't like this thick incense patcholie. I will not buy a whole bottle for sure. Sorry Tom !

darrshan77
darrshan77

Review of Darrshan

Very rubbery metallic not worth the price and a big let down , I don't personally suggest , but the bottle is awesome, wats the use when the juice inside is rubbish

Jellybean
Jellybean

Overdose of patchouli after first spray. But wait, give it a chance, 10 seconds into it, white flowers show up and soften it quite a bit. It is like patchouli gone angelic :)
An interesting take on patchouli; it is like matching two opposites.
The scent becomes this soft white floral with dark hues in the background. It does have that 'aftershave scent', very mild thou. Excellent for any time of a year and definitely for daytime.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

Very nice scent, but it smells like coca-cola on me for some reason!

Anatolian_Swarthy
Anatolian_Swarthy

it's feminine,not like man scent.and nice scent but it's too patchouli than normal

Arianak
Arianak

I smell rubber. I didn't like it at all.

suhaesa
suhaesa

its a true scent.. true to its essence..i think its one of tom fords best fragrances.. when it comes to quality its finer than the commercial rest..
its pungent ..almost manly.. its strong.. unique.. confident.. its very masculine.. with a hint of seductiveness.. in a harsh way ..it white ..i mean its full of white notes.. yet dry.. its white patchouli.. white flowers.. even white woods.. which makes it so refined.. so sophisticated.. yet full.. and round.. and eccentric.. it reminds me of some of the mens 80 ies fragrances.. even a hint of courous ysl is in it..dont get me wrong its a beautiful composition a perfumers perfume..all the notes play together wonderfully like a crazy Chopin music piece..it takes a real.. classy.. confident.. woman to ware.. its an older perfume..made for older finer women who are not afraid to show their masculine side underneath a deceptive feminine exterior..
its woodsy.. smoky ..strange in a magical way.. its a great composition of medleys ..no wonder why.. its a product of gavdaun..!
it smells very rich ..the smell you smell when you walk in to Harrods.. or expensive perfume counters.. ..its balmy.. warm.. spicy..woodsy ..a hint floral y.. but its all crisp.. almost sour.. very dry.. like dry gin.. its easily used by both sexes..the sillage is great..its not in your face..or doesn't scream see me.. i am here.. its almost a modern.. royal.. ultra seductive confident fragrance..that you need to have only one bottle for a life time ..

edp 100 ml
bottle ratting 4.4 out 5
perfume ratting 4.4 out of 5
originality 4.4 out 5
bought from sephora around 200 us$

kenzoh25
kenzoh25

White Patchouli is one of a kind, unisex(in my oppinion) and elegant scent. Although, I must admit I enjoy Purple Patchouli more for its weirdness, White Patchouli is a scent worth trying on your skin. You might end up being a fan like myself.

Edit: After wearing WP for a couple of weeks now I must say that I really like this scent a lot. I get this pleasant incense vibe mixed with patchouli, florals and woods. I had to get a 100 ml bottle. Very bohemian indeed!

psloves
psloves

I love this, easier wearing than some other TF scents.

modernmabuse
modernmabuse

Çok hoş bir koku, ismi en çok sorulan parfümüm. Bir erkek de rahatça kullanabilir. Kalıcı ve fark edilir. Bence güvenli bir koku arıyorsanız hemen alın. Şişesi gibi bembeyaz...

onaona
onaona

Honestly, I am at a loss as to how a fragrance so utterly masculine to my nose exudes such femininity.

It's a loud, strong, medicinal, well groomed fragrance in a tailored boardroom suit at a glance, but just beneath the business attire is the whisper of Victoria's real secret.

Beautiful.

cinema1974
cinema1974

Yes agree with Katie Puckrick also, noooo Patchouli!if you want a patuchouli buy Molinard version of Patuchouli, yes wanted this but found a big bash of flowers... and yes it actually does not contain Patchouli made me confused...so that may be why my sister wanted to give me her bottle for trade... Yes Katie Puckrick is awesome! love the gal...and she sooo funny....She the perfume queen of all smells...

ILIM
ILIM

all i can say about this perfume is "sexy very sexy"!!

jgirgar
jgirgar

Rose Patchouli, rich yet floral gender-bender. Lovely! JG 111712

s_athena
s_athena

On my skin this one smells like an airport - like screechy rubber tires and jet fuel spilled on the Tarmac. And after trying another frag with coriander that turned into bug-spray on my skin, I'm thinking that might be the culprit of the chemical fumes I'm getting. No florals, barely any patchouli at all, just coriander and incense combining to make a jet-fuel scent. It's not meant to be I guess.

Kharnak
Kharnak

Patchouli, Jasmine, and a kind of powdery white leather. VERY rich and complex, artistic like the other Tom Fords. Odd. Almost resinous and synthetic at times. Not for everyone, but very impressive to me. It's a smooth white floral patchouli.

The more I smell this, the more I think it smells like a freshly painted house. I know that sounds weird, but it's not an insult--I love that smell!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

White flowers and dry dry patchouli, flushed with spices. This is a scent for white linen shirts and sandals,for casual sunny days in Monaco. Quite unisex I think, definitely not strictly feminine. A great patchouli offering from Tom Ford, that, while luxurious like Black Orchid, is a totally different rendering of patchouli. Where Black Orchid is dark, dirty and rich, White Patchouli is light, crisp and airy. And one of the good things about TF scents is that a little goes a long way. A bit too dry and spicy for me, but if you live somewhere with good weather you'll enjoy this.

The first time I smelled White Patchouli I could have sworn it smelled like white flowers with a touch of incense. I didn't notice any patchouli. But after testing it again, it smells like loads of patchouli with just a touch a white flowers and coriander. I don't know how it's possible that I didn't smell any patch before, because there is tons of it here. I probably didn't notice it because it's the good kind--very earthy and smooth, like damp soil

I was surprised that the longer I wore it, the more it smelled like men's cologne. Although it even seemed to be a tad spicy and also a bit fresh from the bergamot, over all I feel it's a dark, rich fragrance. Very beautiful and unique. I love it!

snowbunny007
snowbunny007

Im going to side with Katie Puckrick on this one. I waited and waited for that dirty and earthy patchouli to make it's grand enterance...and waited...I waited until later that afternoon when it faded away to clean air...no patchouli.

This formula contains no actual patchouli. It has some light woods at the base to keep the sheer florals intact, but no patchouli is actually in this perfume. Anyone who says there is, does not know patchouli.

This is a floral fragrance. It is sheer and light, and not hippy at all. It is quite metropolitan. This is what the posh "city slicker" wears when she wants to feel a little boho-chic, without blowing her cover. It has a very clean, citrus and green floral opening- crisp and fresh. This leads into a floral heart that is green, natural, and almost opulent without moving into sweet territory. The base is slightly woody and green, with a very gentle powdery finish that lasts about an hour.

Overall, the sillage is moderate and it lasts about 3 to 4 hours. It's good for the office or a casual date. This is also what you might consider for an everyday fragrance. It reminds me of Dune by Dior. They are very similar.

This fragrance will make you feel very clean and ready for the day. Wear it with linen slacks and a silk top for a boho feel. Wear it with your best suit for business endeavors. Don't wear it with you vintage, hippy skirts and handmade jewelry. It's not about that, at all.

LaLaPop75

Spray lightly..this one can be overdone easily. It is a clean, white patchouli. Very classy. Not just anyone can pull this one off. The rose and peony are just gorgeous. Very sophisticated and very different..I do feel certain men could pull this one off as well. I love you Tom Ford and your fantastic, beautifully created, intriguing, long lasting, perfect scents!!

pantorini
pantorini

I have never disliked a scent more than this one. It really repulsed me, and I completely regretted spraying it on because this scent does not come off. All TF fragrances I've tried have made my stomach turn.

KateAnette

I sorta have to eat my hat now :P.
I detested this at first, see my previous "review". For whatever reason i kept going back to it, it was so different from any other perfumes i've tried.
I realized that some of my perfumes with patchouli actually works better for me in warm weather, and for sure, WP does too. In cold weather it's very pungent, harsh and mediciney on me.
Now, in warm weather, it's way softer. There's a lot of sweetness to it too, still it's a bit masculine, which i don't mind. Some describe this as a cold fragrance, i personally get a feeling of warmth. I still don't get much flowers, or any other notes than patchouli, but it works (sprayed with caution).
Temperatures seems to make a big difference with some fragrances, and i'm glad i gave this one many tries.

Rose Hip
Rose Hip

Love it. Want it. Hope my husband buys me a bottle for our anniversary. The smell is lovely on the skin: white, romantic, elegant but when I smelt it on my clothes the next day I had no idea what it was! It seemed more masculine, dark, different than anything I have ever had. Very intriguing. And sophisticated.
Powerful in a good way.

Yourfoxiness
Yourfoxiness

This is definitely not what i expected. I can hardly smell it when i put my nose close to my skin, but it wafts up beautifully. Almost remeniscent of Midnight Poison, White Patchouli is a rose patchouli scent with bergamot on top. Sometimes it smells very similar. The patch is light, not as heavy & dirty as in BO & BOVDF, it seems like a "silver" or "white" patchouli indeed. It and a dewy, sweet, fresh rose vie for attention on the top, and the bergamot stays with it to give it the medicinal bite a la MP. However, the vanilla lacking, incense is barely there, the white florals, perhaps the peony gives TF White Patchouli a slight chemical, or plasticky note thats rather unpleasant. A great scent for people who enjoy a fragrance that wafts around them, but i find it rather unpleasant on the skin. Not a super hit, like BO & her little sister, BOVDF, i find this composition a little underwhelming. It might be impressive but for the unpleasant chemical note. I think if it were gone this would be beautiful.. So sad..

Mr Monroe
Mr Monroe

White Patchouli

White Patchouli for me is without a doubt one of the best and most dynamic fragrances released from the house of Tom Ford. It's a little hard for me to describe it because I always tend to be the kind of person who is better at "Feeling" a fragrance rather than describing it. But for me when I smell this, it smells quite fresh and I think the Bergamot and Peony have alot to do with this. But the Patchouli still maintains a very strong and sort of obnoxious presence within the fragrance, so as a Disclaimer, I would say that If you are not a Patchouli fan- then this fragrance is NOT for you, because the Patchouli in this scent comes on very strong and very heavy. It almost smells quite old-fashioned in a way. Like a disco diva in a night-club. At times I find myself detecting a Leathery sort of note which adds to the sexiness of the fragrance.

White Patchouli was my first Tom Ford purchase and I fully intend on purchasing another (much bigger) bottle of the fragrance because it is just beautiful and it suits my tastes very well.

Projection: 9/10

stelladoro
stelladoro

Definitely not your grandmother's white floral (or patchouli)! I love to wear WP in the fall and winter - it brightens up the day with its burst of white flowers and spice, and the patchouli is just dirty enough to keep me warm. Excellent sillage and lasts at least 24 hours on my skin. Intoxicating. Invigorating. One of a kind.

chain
chain

Okay!just got my bottle of White patchouli and l still don't know what l think of it.l have not been blown away ....

fdmc
fdmc

I love this perfume. Smells like money as all perfumes Tom Ford. This scent it is fantastic for me because it is a very unique scent, the smell is very distinct from all other perfumes.
congratulations Tom Ford this fragance is a scent of the goddesses.

KateAnette

White flowers, patchouli, peony, bergamot, jasmine, rose, coriander and ambrette seed? Really?? This was a blind buy for me, because i can't find Tom Ford frags in my city. Based on reviews, i ordered it online, the notes sounded good. Uh huh... Glue. Glue. And more glue? That's all i get from it. Linear, no flowers, nothing. I just don't get it? Does too much patch play a trick with my chemistry? I can't call this a perfume, because the purpose of perfume to me, is to smell good. Well, if you have the hots for a glue sniffer, and want to make them addicted to you, then i recommend this :p. It's just plain weird to me...
EDIT:
I gave the bottle to a friend, but when i'm at her place, i find myself getting a spritz of it now and then. I don't know what makes me go back to it, it's really a weird smell. Last time i got a wee whiff of chocolate out of this, that one i didn't mind! I still think it's harsh, masculine and very chemical. I do believe it's my chemistry that doesn't agree with all the "clean" patch in this. It's just too weird to be ignored lol. I actually wanna try Black Orchid now, even though i initially decided to stay miles away from TF frags. Maybe Black Orchid will agree with me more, remains to be seen :)

iMaverick
iMaverick

Soft patchouli scent, deliciously seductive. It is original Prada, gone furry white. The patchouli is very soft, and at some point, the florals do shift forward in the scent, but my nose always comes back around to the patchouli, with a tinge of powderiness.

CIOGHIUZEL
CIOGHIUZEL

Omg this smells gooood I just feel like rubbing it all over myself,roll on the floor and skip with it like a sissy girl! There u have it! lol

Suuhl

The things I appreciate more about it over time: the rose as the middle note, it peaks optimally (and divinely) around 45min - 1h post-application. It's probably the most perfect note here in my opinion, brings warmth and serenity to the overall experience, after the too-much-to-handle-for-some initial sharpness of patchouli.

Hint: spray it on your skin from a distance, max 1-2 times on your neck for instance. I used to apply it abundantly like there's no tomorrow. And would then end up in an insect-repelling cloud that gives borderline headache. Goes better in daytime I think.

But this is my signature fragrance for 2 years now, and I ain't gonna take it off its pedestal any time soon it seems..

DocTales
DocTales

Tom Ford is an expert in terms of product packing, and White Patchouli looks enchanting. I would love to love it, if only for the beautiful white bottle.

Unfortunately, I detest the scent itself. It smells extremely chemical and harsh, it makes my stomach turn. To me, this does not smell the least bit like a women's frag. Gender might be an illusion, but I prefer my perfumes to be much softer and delicate than this one.

However, I can see why many people are in love with it as it is very special and bold. One person's trash can be another one's treasure...

Quade
Quade

White Patchouli is a wonderful example of a decadent and "Rich" white floral fragrance. Many people i know dislike this fragrance because the patchouli in this fragrance comes in bucket loads. There is plenty of Patchouli here, more than enough, but its an overload that I love!. I love it because its complimented beautifully by all the white flowers which offer glimmers of freshness and brightness in the darkness of the Patchouli's roaring thunderous dominance of this beautiful masterpiece. Tom Ford has a winner on his hands, its just a shame not many people enjoy it in the way that I do. Excellent projection and Excellent staying power. A perfect fragrance for Fall/Winter. What more could you ask for?

andreeasimona
andreeasimona

Doamne! Cat mi-am dorit parfumul asta! L-am mirosit in Paris , la Laffayette Galleries....si mi l-am cumparat din Romania cu mare greutate! Mie una imi place , e un parfum puternic!

Undecided
Undecided

This is not for me. To my nose this was aldehydes, alcohol, and chemical cleaning products. I sprayed it and waited for the initial alcohol blast to subside. I waited... and waited... and realized that was as good as it was going to get. Eventually it settled into a sharp, spicy scent that unfortunately brought to mind Ben Gay and other similar eucalyptus-based creams. Not exactly what I was looking for. At its best I found it cool - almost chilly - and austere, but it's just not for me.

aschiffm
aschiffm

this smell was very airy yet creamy vapor with a faint faint hint of spice. made me feel effortless and spacy. a very unusual fragrance, did remind me of 60s aesthetic. very chic.

the patchouli makes it a little much to wear in hot weather, even though it is a light clean patchouli. alternatively, this fragrance really shines on crisp cool days and in winter.

Mariame
Mariame

If Angel Thierry Mugler is a dark sweet patchouli ,on the opposite ,TF's white patchouli is luminous white floral and sensual patchouli.
TF it's strong patchouli but is mixed with spice , floral notes and rose.
Elegant,bold and classy.Perfect sillage according to TF's style .It is a love for me.

garamascara
garamascara

Many people claim to hate patchouli on the basis of it reminding them of a head shop. Well, this is not your hippie friend’s patchouli. Tom Ford’s White Patchouli is edifying and life changing for patch haters, I am a convert. Yes, it’s dirty but at the same time very classy and expensive smelling. This is a loud fragrance that lasts all day.

ritacatita
ritacatita

Cool sophistication that lasts, a veil of soft patchouli combined with white flowers and spices.

chyprecat
chyprecat

johngreenink, glad you and this olfactory wonder finally got acquainted. This one is an astonishing wonder which steps up to the microphone and silences the crowd. Very unisex, grandiose, unfettered, almost pompous. If I could afford to, I would wear it every day.

johngreenink
johngreenink

Plain and simple - White Patchouli is heaven. This is a deep, creamy, spicy wall of patchouli and white flowers that turns ON immediately. It's a beautiful assault of scent, like a rich vaporous cloud, with no particular opening, middle or trail - it comes at you at once and simply fades away like a melody on a distant piano. It has a green fuzziness surrounding the flowers that makes this a true unisex scent. Oh sublime wonder of patchouli, this is a treasure.

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

Of the three Tom Ford fragrances I have tried recently, this is the only one that holds even limited appeal for me. As the lightly spicy opening develops, I am reminded of Clinique's aromatics elixir (without the strength and impact). I found the fragrance then developed into a very light floral, with quite definite clean and soapy tones - reminiscent of Il Perfumo Musc Bleu, but with more sweetness. Although I might wear this again, it is certainly not a fragrance I could consider purchasing.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Unisex and elegant, White Patchouli is my favorite Tom Ford fragrance so far, and I'm having a hard time determining which would be better for me - this or Grey Vetiver. The star note is very directly conveyed, flanked with a subtle ambrette and white floral arrangement. Although it's a classic theme, this patchouli smells quite modern and sophisticated, something not at all out of place at a Manhattan cafe. Made with obviously high quality ingredients, and worth the price of admission.

Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt
Giannahazagunaka Buddhizt

This is such a wonderful, unique scent full of character, it's somewhat masqueline but a sexy confident woman would have no problem pulling this off. But works great on a man as well. There is definently a masqueline quality but soft, refined, and even creamy! The citrus is ever so slight ...to my nose, the patchoui is so different than the patchouli in any of my other perfumes.. the pepper is a bit intense but does smooth out nicely... I also smell decidant ... a very well planned / executed perfume with so much unique (can not think of another like it, and no b.m. smells nothing like this stuff) fun but refined personality...love this stuff. And the bottle in person is fantastic! I highly reccomend, unless pepper/patchouli, or slightly masqueline scents scare you. :)

And I absolutely love the marketing campagin.. How fabulous is Erykah Badu? And she looks Amazing :D

oh and yes it is very strong, but that's a good thing, it means you need less of it, and that means it lasts a long time... therefor making this a magnificent value!!!

I also think this is simple enough to layer over simple clean white flower type scents... works for me :D

missymary
missymary

Gentle and feminine, very pleasant and airy, but not remarkable. This would suit those who like a really close and calming scent with no particular character.

IMO this is too nauseating and strong. It's - as the name implies - a strong patchouli scent. Not for me.

mehrdad

مثل بسیاری از کارهـای تام فورد در نوع خود خوشبو و بی نظیر
در بین کارهـای زنانه جزو عطرهـایی است که دوستش دارم
با احترام
مهـرداد

Very very good perfum and note

carolcabbagerose
carolcabbagerose

Today I wore this for the first time this year. And oh did it feel good. I love it.
I love everything about it, the bottle, lable and the sexy grown up scent of this very come hither perfume.
Nothing but Patchouli here for me, clean not musky, warm not sweaty, shy but very knowing and you
want more.....
This really is an autumn winter perfume because it warms you up perfectly and you are then ready for whatever lays ahead.
This is pure white pleasure in a bottle...which Lasts!

HappyShopper123
HappyShopper123

This is pretty much the only Tom Ford perfume that suits me and I love it! It's a bright sparkly fragrance with a gorgeous combination of sweet patchouli and breezy white flowers. There's an edge to this, though, resulting in an elegant feminine fragrance with great sillage and longevity.

fumehead
fumehead

White Patchouli is sleek, sophisticated and swank, without really giving a shit.

In one of my previous posts I was commenting on how I wasn't ‘chic enough’ for No5, well if a perfume captures the raw essence of CHIC, it is White Patchouli. Nothing says chic like a Chypre and this is totally that, it is so refreshing to see a REAL Chypre on the current market (Miss Dior Cherie?!), thanks Tom!
WP is, like the name, all about the Patch’, but with Tom Fords creation he takes the precarious material and transforms it into something quite unique. It is not an earthy patchouli, but emphasizes the woody camphor aspect, and as a result it is LUMINOUS and aromatic. Notes of coriander, ambrette seed, ylang-ylang, jasmine and methyl tuberose add definition and character. No floral dominates over the other and is very well blended with blonde woods and a kiss of musk and bewitching incense at the drydown. It is thoroughly modern with bohemian flair, No candied strawberry here
WP makes an interesting choice for the men too! I know of several guys who rock this (along with Black Orchid!) an aromatic Chypre floral for all

silvimiro
silvimiro

I discovered this perfume in the warm, even hot weather. he is gorgeous, unique patchouli with cool white flowers that last very long even in the heat, based on his clear sense musk, which I'm sure comes from ambrette.
A perfume for a woman that values herself or otherwise real lady.
He is worth every penny and all the yearning, perfect from beginning to end.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

To begin with I don’t smell patchouli. Instead, it’s mostly lavender and a fougere-like accord. Then, within a few seconds, there appears a strange, acrid note that reminds me of burning electrical wiring. I think it could be the coriander mixing badly with some of the synthetic woody notes in the base.

The whole mix is very strong, with more than enough sillage. As it settles down, I start to smell some bitter citrus and sour floral and resinous notes. There’s a certain crispness to the far sillage part of the scent that’s appealing, but up close there are some “off” notes that I can’t get past to appreciate the main theme.

It’s surprising to me that many reviewers describe this as “sweet”, because I don’t find it sweet at all. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. After an hour or two have passed, most of the off-notes fade away leaving a sharp, transparent floral scent that is not peony, but is somehow suggestive of peony. There’s also an abstract note that is not patchouli, but is patchouli-like. The resulting floral-patchouli lasts for at least 8-10 hours, gradually fading away. Except for the strange opening, I like this, but am not sure I would want to wear it regularly.

jmjm
jmjm

Oof. This one was a scrubber for me. It starts out well with a patchouli smell and some light freshness but quickly dries down to suffocating, heavy, headache-inducing wall of florals. Is it the peony? Or the white flowers? I think it even made me a bit nauseous.

I'm actually grateful for this perfume because it's helping me learn what notes I DON'T like :P.

And of course, it seems to last forever on my skin! Isn't that always the way?

I love Tom Ford's Black Orchid, but this one is a pass for me.

buvcus
buvcus

creamy yes, powdery yes, fresh yes but not for women.It smells so good onmy brother but boring on me :( so gave it up...

renujean
renujean

I have been interested in trying/purchasing Tom Ford's fragrance for a while, so naturally, I've tested White Patchouli a few times in the past month.

I can't deny its freshness and longevity, however the scent of rose absolute lingers heavily on my skin once the refreshing scents of bergamot and patchouli fades away.

The rose just reminds me too much of that dreadful bottle of Stella McCartney Rose Absolute I have at home, which I have hidden away in shame.

I think if I weren't so biased against all rose noted fragrances, white patchouli would've been a wonderful additional in my life.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Love this stuff! Smells awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fairyqueen300
fairyqueen300

I smelled like earth and b o with the perfume but it does say white Patchouli on it so i guess i should have known right .

NaQueen
NaQueen

I love this fragrance, its creamy & powdery but also fresh & clean. I wear this scent all year round. To me its stylish, timeless and beautifully unique...

LaLaPop75

AAHHHHHH!! I do not think this scent is feminine at all! If you would like to chase all of your friends, family, lovers and neighbors away...then spray away! Sorry, I LOVE Black Orchid...I LOVE patchouli...but i HATE White Patchouli. I love dirty, earthy, hippie patchouli....not clean white patchouli:(

Inspire0111
Inspire0111

Interesting and unusual. It is sweet but has some freshness to it as well (almost a cirtusy feel). I wouldn't wear it but I like it.

onebadbaby
onebadbaby

I like this, but I don't love it. It is slightly masculine, but can't imagine a man wearing it (not mine anyway). It is strange in the way it smells warm and spicy, but at the same time it is cool with a white flower dominance. I wish it lasted longer, but it is gone in around 2 hours on me, nothing like Black Orchid. I would wear in winter for day, not enough sillage for evenings for me.

kellie_lill
kellie_lill

this fragrance is gorgeous. is one of my favourite.I enjoy it every time i use it and I cannot set bored 'cause it has that something that keeps me in bloom.

Jordan20
Jordan20

This fragrance is beautiful. I bought a bottle for myself and a bottle for my sister. Like all Tom Ford fragrances, the name of the fragrance is exactly what you'll get and this babe is packin patchouli like its nobodies business. Guys and Girls love this on me, I think a guy could pull this off just as well as a girl does- I mean..I do lol.
Its a little intense, but again. Its patchouli so expect to smacked in the face a bit, but expect a beautiful dry down that straddles somewhere between being incredibly soft and sweet or incredibly warm and theres a whiff of incense in there, its light but its there.

deeannek
deeannek

I was surprised that this was not as strong as I had expected it to be-Yeah! I can't really sniff out the individual notes on this I just get the pachoulli and musk and that gave me an idea. I also have Black Orchid and I like it except to me it doesn't seem to hve much in the way of basenotes so I put on the White Pachoulli and then layer the Black Orchid over it and it is amazing. Now it feels more like a complete perfume and I feel unique wearing it.
It kind of reminds me of the old reese's Peanut Butter cup comercials. You got peanut butter in my choclae...No you got choclate on my peanut butter and so it goes with these two perfumes good alone but much better together.

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

I'm surprised to see there are many notes to it because all I could smell was patchouli! Maybe a little jasmine as well but it's mostly one-dimensional.
It's very simple and classy, but I like more complex fragrances.
If you're looking for something clean cut, simple, 'white', with some warmth it's definitely for you.

JazzBirdSinger
JazzBirdSinger

an astringent, piercing, medicinal, sharp patchouli perfume that i feel is more suitable for men. one smell and i almost keeled over! strong this one is.

LuzForm
LuzForm

Yes, it does smell like Men's shaving cream. It's a nice scent but I can't help but think of this as a little pedestrian.

TakaBeata
TakaBeata

On my skin this smell like Elle YSL and Natrico Rodriguez EDP.
Is real elegant and very feminity .
Very , very long lasting...

Chris v.V.
Chris v.V.

Anybody else get a sense of men's shaving foam with this perfume? It's so reminiscent of that to me, that I find it hard to see around now! Even though this was found in the "women's" section, I think men could wear it quite easily, if not MORE easily.

I'm on the fence with this one: yes, there's patchouli (which I don't care much for), but it's a sophisticated, clean patchouli, not an earthy hippie patchouli. I can't see myself in this. At least not YET. It's sexy, long-lasting, and the dry-down is divine! I picture it worn on a special night out -- possibly by a man who is a fantastic slow dancer!

KateZeGreat
KateZeGreat

You really get an olfactory slap from the bergamot and coriander right after applying - I thought it smelled of insect-repellent, but after just a minute or two it developed a subtle, pleasing warmth that was quite intriguing! WP gets even more interesting when the rose and jasmine come into play...mmm.

This scent brings to mind sophistication without airs. Somebody educated, introspective, who is comfortable in their own skin.

Lasts 8-10 hours and aside from the 1st initial impression is quite lovely. This fragrance works far better on my husband, than on me...ah the wonders of personal chemistry~

Suuhl

For almost a year now I haven't stumbled across a fragrance that I loved as much as this one, it's my definite No.1 ever since.

I first had a taste of Black Orchid when my best friend bought it. I couldn't stop thinking of how mesmerizing and seductive B.O. was, so when I noticed White Patchouli on the store shelf I walked over to it expecting the same magnitude of a unique experience.
And it SO was! This magically balanced floral blend gives out heaps of light and purity...
It's quite elegant, yet at the same time it feels like there's something shady taking place underneath the surface, under that flower-littered tropical forest ground freshly soaked in morning dew.

Black Orchid gets more compliments and impresses more effortlessly; it is just yummy. But it just doesn't work on my skin as well as W.Patchouli does. And W.P. lands you with a fair share of impressive as well (deservedly so). Everyone in my workplace loves me more than their firstborns on the days when I spray this baby on me.

I love you, corduroyed white bottle!

Sissi
Sissi

If you combine Patchouli Incense and Fair
Woods your'll get White Patchouli fresh
patchouli from the highest mountains untouched by time pure and uncut with white flowers circling around the snow
covered temple dries nicely with bergamot
the middle is a bit floral with peony
not cloying sweet just enough to soften
the dry patchouli opening delicate note
of rose with an velvety touch makes it's
presence known with jasmine a floral
that gives out an greenish earthy scent
and spiced with coriander adds to the warmth and it dries to an warm note of amber

White Patchouli conjoures beauty
of mountain tops with pure white snow leopards majestic and elusive blending
in the virgin snow while Lamas with bright red cloaks circling a round an
a rare white mahogany deity with incense
dancing out to the mountainous abode.

jae
jae

You know, Tom Ford wasn't even on my radar. But my perfume god-mother (yes, nathalieZ, you've been adopted as my perfume god-mother)sent this in a sample package. This is EASILY unisex and a wonderful take on patchouli. Longevity is good, sillage is moderate. This makes me think of cashmere v-neck sweaters and suede blazers. Ah! There it is. This fragrance complements a specific look that I like. OK, I'm sold....

B-Boy93
B-Boy93

There are a few fragrances that, to me, can only be described as smelling 'expensive'. This is one of them. I'm not sure what it is that makes it so, but the quality of this perfume is easily distinguishable from many 'High Street' brands. I, for one, actually appriciate the high price; it stops it becoming commercial, becoming ubiquitous, it stops just 'anyone' buying it. Now, to the actual scent. I was actually surprised by how masculine the scent was. Well, perhaps not masculine as such, but I certainly wouldn't describe it as feminine. It opens with sparkling accords of bergamot, white peony and coriander (yes, it works!), then warms to ambrette seed, night blooming jasmine and (of course) patchouli orpur. Patchouli Orpur is a prized ingredient indeed, emitting the aroma of freshly crushed patchouli leaves (and which perfumers give the reserve status of a Grand Cru.) The sensuality of the fragrance is enhanced by a medley of blonde woods and the soft eastern aroma of incense. Do I love it? Yes. Do I love it as much a Black Orchid? Not quite...

maru8862
maru8862

This one has a strong vintage vibe going on in it - which makes it a bit difficult for me to relate to the very modernistic ad. It's indeed very spicy and incensey, but in a quite pleasant way. Needs the right kind of attitude to be pulled off: I imagine Twiggy in a flower pattern sheath and clogs, with oversized shades on and driving in a convertible Cadillac with Don Henley playing in the background. Perfect for hippies and those who sigh in regret of the 'wild decades' (late 60s and 70s).

ellebelle84
ellebelle84

i never have and never will like patchouli. i like the quality of tom fords fragrances. but this one, is a "no" for me. not to mention the price- yikes this is not affordable.

romanticflower
romanticflower

there is too much patchouli and incense in this scent. i find it similar to black orchid and i really do not find anythink particular in this scent that makes me wanna buy it.

autumn89
autumn89

This is a really lovely fragrance. On my skin it is very subdued and woody, with the incense adding a faintly sweet/smoky feeling. The incense here smells just like rose scented incense sticks and is particularly apparent the next morning. The patchouli is not earthy, its very clean and quite subtle.

The perfume starts out quite strong, but mellows within minutes.

I think this would smell equally great on a man or woman. It wears quite close to the skin, and i cant see how it could offend anybody.

The bottle is a work of art.

adele l
adele l

Smells of alcohol for the first few moments but quickly develops into a very soft fragrance..the patchouli has warmth but is in no way dirty so the name is apt! I can smell a soft rose in there somewhere but I think this could be unisex for sure. Rather mild with good lasting power; a nice scent for subdued moods.

Tom Ford WHITE PATCHOULI unfolds in three distinct stages on my skin, all of which I like. The opening, which lasts only a minute or so, is a dark, slightly dirty patchouli. From there the fragrance develops into a strangely soapy-floral mid-stage. Very unexpected and very nice! The drydown offers the best of both worlds: clean--yes, even white--and chewy patchouli.

WHITE PATCHOULI has good longevity and medium sillage. I just keep sniffin' my wrist in the drydown, and would love to add this beautiful composition to my collection. Highly recommended--but only for friends of patchouli. Better yet: patchouli fiends! (-:

Wafa
Wafa

Plz someone help me with this perfume , i really love it but sometimes i like to layer it with another perfume to smell sexier and more feminine ,, any suggestion pls ??

shamsiruhe
shamsiruhe

On me this wears close and quiet
Not a sneeze-worthy patchouli
It doesn't develop really, but it's plushy like black orchid and nice for a day at home reading.

This is a nice perfume.
Not necessarily worth the retail price, but they seem to have overproduced by the discount web pricing.
So, worth a try.

gypsykitten
gypsykitten

Hm. This smells much cleaner than I expected. Like a very expensive rose and patchouli soap. It seems safe and inoffensive to me. Maybe my opinion will change after a few more tries. Thank you to the lovely member who gave me the sample!

Jordan19
Jordan19

For me this is what makes a perfect floral fragrances. Its heavy on my senses and it has incredible staying power. Also, this is a Tom Ford fragrance we're all talking about so you're bound to expect something that smells luxurious and sexy and almost obnoxious in a way. I know some people have smelt White Patchouli and absolutley hated it so its one of those fragrances that is really much more of an acquired taste.

nyoka
nyoka

Oh my!!!! What a glorius fume.When I spray it on I feel like Im on a big white cloud ,hovering over an all white flowered world!It is just heaven.The peony mingles with the patchouli in such an intimate way,its unbelievable.The notes all blend into the best smelling fume ever.It lasts all day and into the morning.Just takes a dab.It is so fresh!Like a big boquet that was just picked.But,sultry too.The best of both.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

A sensuous core of patchouli
surrounded by sleek wood
notes and elegant white
flowers. This modern fragrance
is a sophisticated interpretation of bohemian chic.

perfumepsych
perfumepsych

I TOTALLY LOVE IT!
IT IS THE MOST UNUSUAL SCENT I HAVE EVER SMELLED!
IT DOES HAVE A MUSCULINE EDGE BUT IT ALSO, FLORAL, EARTHY AND A BIT SWEET ON ME.
IT IS VERY ELEGANT AND INTOXICATING IN A VERY EARTHY WAY....

fragrancestien
fragrancestien

i do love this so . . . and apreciate when people are not afraid of making something that is not cookie cutter fragrance you know they spent time on this its original the bottle is blah but i wouldnt care if it came in a french's mustard bottle this is a smell i put on after my shower at night on me' on my sheets' and drift off to dream reminds me of oregons willamette valley summer evenings heading to the coast the smell that is in the air

EskimoKissez
EskimoKissez

I am not a patchouli fan but this is a pleasant blend with the floral character.

perfume_prince
perfume_prince

I've tried it many times but i really couldn't understand the mixture of these flower notes with the HEAVY dose of chunky patchouli.. atleast i know now that i dislike patchouli. It's loud, obnoxious and not pretty.

weegee
weegee

Bravo, to member NebraskaLovesScent's review! I've been known to leave a room, meetings with clients even, when there's a boatload of patchouli in the air. When NLS expressed her dislike this way: "I love the old-fashioned stinky hippie patchouli scent, and I can't detect a drop of it in here." she convinced me that I just had to give this a try.

Well, I love it. Really. I have a sweet little white ribbed glass mini with a gold metallic label that shines proudly. Although the 4 ml mini will last awhile (this juice is potent & long lasting), I want a BIG bottle! Sultry, woody, walk-in-the-old-growth NW coastal forests after a rain as a spiced incense cloud mixes with the flowery sweet/rotten smell of decay. Rough, hard, sharp, biting and sublime.

UPDATE: I have my FB and it's one powerhouse of a screamer when even lightly sprayed vs dabbed from that itty bitty mini bottle. This is SOME GORGEOUS M*RDE (pardon my french!). Unisex for sure but I "ladied it up" with a light overspray of PW's Tea Rose and that combo garnered compliments all day (as in "You smell wonderful!" and not merely "What are you wearing?" -- the latter, BTW, is NOT a compliment!!).

For making a statement. Not for the meek.
If you think you don't like and could never love patchouli, perhaps you, like me, have only ever encountered cheaply made, low quality patchouli like the "great unwashed" of the '80s used to (try to) cover the scent of pot &/or infrequent bathing.

Tom Ford seems to have found a superior patch and that seems to make all the difference! Simply glorious and worth every penny!!!

belletresor
belletresor

Aeternitas said it best:

"The smell is fairly literal - smells like white patchouli!"

Ha! Imagine that!

I had better hopes for this one....I love patchouli when it's used to subdue florals and add some smoky earthiness to a fragrance. But this...this is just patchouli DROWNING out the floral notes.

As this scent helped me discover: a little patchouli goes a long, long way!

So, so PUNGENT to my nose.....I never really could pick out any of the floral notes....maybe a little rose....no peony whatsoever....nor jasmine that I can tell....definitely can smell the coriander. Have no idea what happened to the "white florals".

I waited and waited for hours in hopes it would change character a little, but it just remained very linear - a big, big dose of patchouli with the herbal coriander note and the musky ambrette as the sidekicks.

Too bad.....

Tried it on hubby, as it is decidedly masculine in character, but he hated it!!

Maybe I can try layering this with other fragrances to see if I can come up with some way to enjoy it.

If not, I am open to a TRADE for those of you who loved this!!

guest_Groovies
guest_Groovies

WOW ....I just received a present of White Patchouli from my man -he is so in love with the scent and 'm blown away by it ...you know what they say - you are not supposed to buy anyone any fragrance unless you know what's their favourite but me man knew he wouldn't go wrong with this 1 and yep he scored more points :-) ....lol

zvoncica
zvoncica

Dear Tom,
I think that promo pictures for White Patchouli are misleading and in the future should include: man who has been playing video games for a month without taking a shower, changing clothes or washing teeth. Also, he hasn’t opened the window in the room for a month. He didn’t wash the dishes either. Then, lovely girl rings his door bell. When he opens the door, her nostrils grow to the size of elephant ears and she fells backwards without saying a word.

When I was bad behaving as child my mother scared me by saying "bugbear will come to get you". To my children I will say "White Patchouli will come and get you!"

jonr951
jonr951

I want it, I want it, I want it!!! Its a freakin masterpiece!! Tom Ford is brilliant!!

marinadinatata
marinadinatata

i am not much of a connaisseur, actually not one at all,,, but i know that when i sprayed it on my wrist, kept on smelling it myself, and my husband really loved it,, might worth buying it, although i am waiting for the musk perfumes of Tom Ford to arrive in my local....

Aysu
Aysu

Smells masculin and cold, but it is a high quality scent with a strong staying power. After a while I start to feel white flowers&rose but patchouli is always there.
But it is still something easy to wear, and suits for warm weather too. Might be perfect for office wear. I would not prefer to have full bottle, but I'd love to have a mini of this, I love its bottle design.

HAZELORBS
HAZELORBS

This is the first time I've tried this scent and I can't say that I like it! STRONG patchouli smell that is giving me a headache!! Even the florals that are now starting to appear are too acidic and harsh for me. Not a bad scent, but definitely not for me.

If you like patchouli, I would definitely try this scent. Apparently, I don't like patchouli! :)

Aur-ha-kadosh
Aur-ha-kadosh

whaou i have to confess

i've never smelled a patchouli perfume with so week scent of patchouli !! i thought the other reviews were exagerating but it is true, its is a very poor patchouli fragrance, doesnt even deserve a second try! neant

chance25
chance25

I sampled this the other day, and I could still smell it the next day on my clothes. It's pungent, oily, spicy and floral. Not really a true patchouli imo. I like it for the fact that it's strong, but isn't headache inducing. I think if you like darker more sultry scents this would be worth a shot.

Malegria
Malegria

I totally agree with NLS - no patchouli. NO PATCHOULI!!!!!
Other then this extremely dissapointed fact, the perfume is losing in comparison to Black Orchid. It is uncomprehensible and disbalanced....I will definitley give it a couple more tries, but I am sceptical.

guest_cleopatras_boudoir
guest_cleopatras_boudoir

I was so excited for this based on the notes and the hype. When I finally got it, and dabbed it on, I couldnt scrub it off fast enough!! This was a definite scrubber for me, smelled horrible, like hay.

allexa27
allexa27

i am so glad that i didnt buy it blind.It is awful.Smells like something plastic and mascuiline on me.Blah!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I'm glad I bought a tiny sample of this one instead of a big bottle. The name is very misleading, in my opinion. I love the old-fashioned stinky hippie patchouli scent, and I can't detect a drop of it in here.

I read on another website that they used a special "cleaned-up" version of patchouli for this scent, which contained fewer of the patchouli's usual dark, smoky notes. I love those dark smoky notes! Tom Ford White Patchouli smells like a spicy floral and not much more. Didn't last more than a couple hours on my skin, either.

If you're looking for a nice peony scent, try this one!

If you're looking for a nice blend that features the mystery and earthiness of patchouli in a unique way, this one is not it. Keep searching.

Nazireh
Nazireh

what is wrong with these people??? I dont smell rose or flowers...i smell spicy, warm scent...something like nutmeg. Strong, oriental, spicy, warmish....

guest_mila
guest_mila

yesterday, i've tryed it on me, at first,it smelled like sweaty clothes, really penetrant and sertainly not like a rose, but after an hour or so, it turned into a very unique and lush parfume, i think, i might buy it, but first, i have to test it one more time, i don't wanna smell like dirty sport clothes;-)))

honeypoppyseed
honeypoppyseed

It has a lot of white peony, which at times I really enjoy, but other times can smell very chemically. While over all I like this scent and would blame any issue on my own body chemistry, I really advocate trying this one with a clear pallet and really give it... an hour! It changes a lot in that first hour and it's hard to get a solid read. My boyfriend smelt it on me and got the worst headache.

PR
PR

sweet and strong oriental, but I felt a little sick when smelled it. should retry it after some time

Suseken
Suseken

Its my signature fragrance actually.Very interesting,never boring.

guynspfld
guynspfld

WOW WOW WOW This is amazing...Similar at first to Cannabis Rose by Fresh, but then it is so much more....I really like it......

debbborra
debbborra

I love Black Orchid, so I think of myself as a Tom Ford fan. I love Patchouli. So, I looked forward, with great interest, to White Patchouli. Sadly... not for me.
The rose is dominant in a perfume I would call a floral. The patchouli is right there, but it's a polite, perfumers patchouli. It's got a wine-like quality. I like my patchouli dark and almost mentholated.

On me, this smelled like rose scented nail-polish remover. Your mileage may vary.

Carla
Carla

Retro-Metro is how I would describe this Ford fragrance. The unity of white flowers and white patchouli create both the sleek urban sophistication of today's uber chic city life and the patchouli allusive to yesteryear's generation, create the mellow mood of tranquility. I cannot locate the scent of the peony but I do smell a hint of rose but it is quickly taken over by the white flowers. The white patchouli starts off with a bang, but with patience and with the ingression of the ambrette seed it then simmers to a surprisingly mild dry down. My final analysis, an elegant high-end scent.

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

I rushed today at Shefora to try White PAtchouli.In fact i am smelling it on my wrist right now.First i would like to say that i am not a floral lover and also that my first encounter with Tom Ford's fragrances was a failure since i cannot stand Black Orchird.So even if i was a little bit afraid i tried White Patchouli on.At first sniff it is a little bit loud.I detect mostly the rose than the patchouli.Fortunately the strong smell of florals calms down pretty quick and the composition becomes wery creamy and lush.Spicy florals blended with woods and the a touch of ambrer(must be the ambrette seed)to balance abd calm down the sweetness.It is creamy and warm all the way to the drydown.The lasting power is very good.As a conclusion White Patchouli is a wery clean and incredidly chich fragrance as opposed to the skunky Blach Orchird.It has a subtle sexiness rather than a to your face one(as its prcedor BO).I am very impressed and find it pretty unique.Certainly stands out as opposed to all the "smell alike"mainstream fragrances.For me it is a heartbreaker..

Scent lover
Scent lover

It is very elegant, bright white patchouli. For some reasons it reminds me a white chocolate. Not the casual one but gourmand white chocolate with tiny bits of vanilla in it. Not overly sweet just enough tasty to have your mouth full water. I thought it is going to be alike to Purple Patchouli from The Private Blend collection but I was wrong.

As more I try it, as more I like it. The lasting power is very good. It lasts on me for 6-8 hours.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

This is really beautiful, and I'm not usually a white floral kind of girl. I find the patchouli is, actually, pretty restrained, and this comes off as a spicy white floral with a slightly sweet drydown. Sophisiticated and chic.

eccentricJ
eccentricJ

I really liked this scent. It does smell heavily of patchouli however it is light enough for everyday wear. I love the idea of patchouli mixed with light notes of floral, a perfect match!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

The smell is fairly literal - smells like white patchouli! It's a little strange. I figured because it contains patchouli it would be a little warm or heavy, but is actually kind of fresh because of the peony and bergamot. It has been launched for the fall/winter, but I'd rather wear this in warm weather. I haven't smelled anything like this!

White Patchouli by Tom Ford 3.55 out of 5 based on 959 ratings and 183 user reviews

Perfume WorldWide
TOM FORD White Patchouli 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
TOM FORD White Patchouli 3.4 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Tom Ford White Patchouli Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz
Tom Ford White Patchouli Eau De Parfum Spray 100ml 3.4oz

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tom Ford White Patchouli fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tom Ford White Patchouli, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White Patchouli by Tom Ford. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White Patchouli by Tom Ford represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.