Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Set Sail St. Barts for Women Tommy Bahama for women
dislike

sand
alcohol

Set Sail St. Barts for Women by Tommy Bahama is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Set Sail St. Barts for Women was launched in 2007. Top notes are tequila and lime; middle note is floral notes; base notes are sand, guaiac wood and musk.

Tequila Lime

Floral Notes

Sand Guaiac Wood Musk

Set Sail St. Barts for Men

Set Sail St. Barts for Women Fragrance Reviews

ladyreddz
ladyreddz

This was a blind buy. Very summery and crisp, but it does not last long at all. More like a body spray...

SophiaIsabella
SophiaIsabella

This scent is very straightforward. It smells like you are on a discount cruise and a drunk, floozy drops their tequila shot on you. It really smells like this. Tequila, lime, strong alcohol. Pool chemicals. I tossed my bottle after trying it for a summer because I didn't reach for it.

brittney0522
brittney0522

This was a blind buy.I picked it because it had notes that I generally like. When I received it, I was right! I love it. I love the smells of summer and the sea. I think this fragrance is fresh and clean and has a somewhat soapy undertone.
I can't wait to wear this when the weather gets hot.

natluvly
natluvly

I had a gift card from Christmas to use at Marshall's, I needed a few things but knew I also wanted to get a perfume. I was planning to get Burberry Brit Rhythm since I had been eyeing it since Christmas then I saw this. I have been searching for good summer scents for a few years now and nothing has really stuck. I sniffed this from the bottle and it was pleasant. When I got home I tried it on my wrist and blouse and it smelled nice but sort of off and sort of went straight to my head.

Fast forward to today I sprayed this again softly on my shirt just relaxing at home and it is nice...I do think this is one I may have to spray at a distance because I'm still getting a slight headache but I have the feeling this will smell super fresh in the summer months. Also,I live in California so it's usually sweltering.

I'm hoping this could be a nice hot weather scent and at the price $20.00 for the 100ml bottle it's great for something that may need reapplication since it will be worn in summer.I will update in the summer...I'm excited to try it out...also Coolwater used to be my signature as a young adult...this reminds me of it a bit which is great since I have been searching for a replacement for that one (this is a bit more fresh and less musky) I'm smelling it now and this is very refreshing!!

minusvminus
minusvminus

Very fresh scent, smells heavily of lime. Doesn't radiate too much but it sits nicely on the skin. The top note of tequila comes out in front when you first put it on but then the lime jumps out. The price is about twenty bucks so you can't go wrong. I feel like this is unisex, nothing overtly feminine about this scent, just tropical.

MichelVaillant
MichelVaillant

I find the women's version of Set Sail St. Barts to be very close to the men's version, so much so that one can be used instead of the other. Both the men's and women's versions are quite summery and unisex, quite fun to wear in warm weather. Not much longevity and projection, but given that they go for about $20 for 100 ml., that may not be a huge problem, as long as you do not mind reapplying every few hours.

velvetrose23
velvetrose23

No suntan lotion smell in this perfume. The guaiac wood note,mixed with the lime and sand,and floral produce a nice beachy, tropical smell. I can smell the lime and floral mixed together on my skin and it reminds me of the time I spent in Key Largo, FL. It is a little on the masculine side,but I think that is the guaiac note at work on my skin. It has moderate longevity,about 4 hours. I really like this perfume.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

I just got this today and I love it! I can smell the lime and tequila (my fave) but not in an overwhelming way. I love this way more that St. Barts and I already want another bottle! Silage is soft but noticeable and the longevity is fantastic even in the heat! A fantastic blind buy!

teadrinker
teadrinker

It's currently over 90 degrees outside. It's hot, everyone is listless, and this is just about the only perfume I think I can handle wearing. This is a scent that manages to be soft and refreshing at the same time. It's a quiet, unobtrusive fragrance, but it lasts for several hours. The scent is lime margarita. The boozy note is most obvious on initial spray but it softens into quiet lime that is not at all sharp but is light and refreshing. This is absolutely a perfume for summer and for hot weather.

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

I have been looking for an oceanic type spray for summer, this one was $10 for the body mist as I don't like perfumes at this time of year. Not exactly unique but pleasant and something most people will like and be able to tolerate(a lot of my family are scent sensitive).
I notice several fragrances I like are heavy on lime, oddly.
Still haven't found that oceanic one though.

muzzbait
muzzbait

smells like tequila mixed with lime and coconut. very fresh and summery! smells quite similar to a few other 'island' theme scents, but quite nice nonetheless...

Beckylynn8881
Beckylynn8881

I find this to be extremely similar to Donna Karan's Pure Verbena. I can definitely smell the lime and citrus. A good scent to wear to the beach or on a summer vacation. Very light as well.

papergurl
papergurl

Since I have been seeing this for sale in abundance at Marshall's and Ross recently, something finally clicked. I have had this for a few summers and I remember when I purchsed it, I thought, what does this smell like? Today it hit me (love those scent memories), teenage Cape Cod and Nantucket summer trips and a bottle of 4711 Original Eau de Cologne Maurer & Wirtz sitting on the bathroom counter. Everyone wore it, Mom, Dad, sis. Too funny, one of thoe "multipurpose, multipeople" scents. I would sneak sprays of it and breathe in the lime. St. Bart's makes me think of Bermuda also, it just does. I wear it periodically in the summer or sniff it in the winter for an escape. I put it in the same category as Bliss' cucumbery scent or Calvin Klein's summer samplings. Now I am in the season to wear Vince Camuto, Carmella, Boyfriend, the cuddlers. I know there is going to a cold day in February, when winter won't seem to end...and I will pull out St. Bart's and revisit summer.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

This one was a little too limey and tangy for my liking. Felt it smelled manly so gave it to the boyfrie

nd and he liked.

sunshineandroses
sunshineandroses

I found this at a discount store so I knew it was a gamble. It smells like they cut the perfume with a men's after shave to keep it from smelling too girly. I can pick up the perfume smell with the lime that you usually associate with men's fragrance. It does remind me of a scented candle at times. A good quality scented candle, but a candle none the less.
The bottle looks really nice with that big blue bead on top and frosted glass. Maybe I will just put it on the bathroom counter for decor instead of a scented candle. It's not bad, it's just not a fragrance that I want to wear on me all day.

sumrdream
sumrdream

Definitley smell the lime/citrus. It definitely smells more manly to me, could be a unisex fragrance. It will be nice for hot summer days. It was a blind purchase for me, probably won't wear it every day but once in a while for something different. My husband liked this fragrance, I'm not surprised. I also smell the hint of coconut that others smell, not many florals. Most people probably would like this smell, it's nice and not offensive but definitely is not a signature sent for me.

evilspin
evilspin

This is almost identical to the mens version. This one is a bit more brighter/citrus as the other has a bit of a coconut/guava. Either way i find both very unisex. some ppl say this is too synthetic or common or dont like it on their skin, just dont forget citrus or aquatic scents are not as appealing smelling it on oneself. It smells better & more fresh to the people around you and not so cloy or synthetic.

poivrerose
poivrerose

I get a little bit of tasty sour lime and a lot of brisk fresh aromatic aquatic notes. It is really a cool smelling scent. It is simple and enjoyable and would be splendid on a hot day spent outdoors. It has a moderately strong sillage and lasts many hours. I do like it quite a bit, and could probably even share it with my beau. Nothing screams femininity here. I don't get florals or sand, just cool refreshing aquatic lime. Very good.

nyoka
nyoka

After 3 days of dismal rain and feeling half sick the whole time,I turned to my fume closet for relief. I wanted something,brighter,more alive,not flowery or heavy. After thinking about several of them,my eyes fell upon a seldom used one,SAint Barts. I showeres,put on the lotion and liberally doused myself with the nectar.
Instantly,I was transported to a beautiful,pink sands,palm treed,wind blowing softly, island. I could feel the warm sunshine on my bare flesh as I lay beneath a huge umbrella,watching the dolphins play in turquoise water!

This to me is a cool mixed drink with a splash of coconut. The lime isn't bitter. Just gets ur tastebuds tingeling. I barely detect any florals but,what I do get in the background are soft almo0st sweet wildflowers that befit a tropical island.
Granted,,,this may no0t be ur everyday fume but it i9s a mini vacation for bleak rainy days1

tropic sugar
tropic sugar

Those that read my reviews know that I love tropical fragrances.I think my love for beachy scents comes from the fact that here in michigan we only get about 3 months a year maybe 4 of really hot weather.I had been searching for a lime fragrance that smelled like margarita and this scent came up.It is sold on the tommy bahama website but I did not want to pay full price so I went on fragrancenet.com and they had this fragrance for a lot less.Some reviews have said this fragrance is unisex and I have to agree.I had my brother try it and he loved it as well.On my skin at first spray there is a strong blast of lime margarita.It does smell like an alcoholic drink.Very refreshing!There is supposed to be carribean florals in the heart but all I get in this fragrance is pretty much lime margarita on a base of white woods some sand and a creamy musk.The base notes almost turn rum or coconutty on me and the lime is there all the way through the drydown.This would smell awesome in humid weather.I agree with the reviewer above who compared this to virgin island water but I think tommy bahama has better longevity on the skin and a much better price.This fragrance is another perfect beach scent.It does remind me of dolce gabbana light blue as well.They both have a frosty quality to their citrus notes as opposed to a crystalline or sparkling citrus like bright crystal for example.I highly recommend this fragrance for guys and girls that want a cool beachy scent that's fun.If you love lime margaritas you'll be getting that with this fragrance as well as a sandy boardwalk beach feeling.I loved this one!

s_raquidan
s_raquidan

The top notes smell exactly like Bond No. 9's Coney Island. Then 5 minutes later it dries down to this gorgeous pina coloda mix eerily similar to Creed's Virgin Island Water. Coney Island top notes lasts for 8 hours plus and never changes while St. Barts only last for 5 mins...it just goes to show the quality of ingredients used in Bond's perfumes. The rest of the dry down for St. Barts smells like the 5th hour of VIW. It's a summery treat on my skin that lasts 6 hours. If you can't afford the exuberant prices of Bond's Coney Island or Creed's VIW.....St Bart's is a worthy and cheaper alternative. I LOVE this!!!!!!

BrookieSnookie
BrookieSnookie

I can totally see me wearing this at the beach! Will be getting this right before I go on vacation!

sweetsher
sweetsher

I love this fragrance too especially when I want a break from the usual vanilla/musk fragrances I wear.

seneca
seneca

Did not work for me. I found it rather boring and common.

onlineallday
onlineallday

This fragrance is a wearable margarita! It has a soft creamy floral musk as the base after the tangy lime settles down a bit. the creaminess almost reminds me of coconut but not quite. Anyway, it's feminine enough for ladies to wear and limey enough for men to enjoy. It's pretty versatile. I leave it in the fridge and use it during summer. I'm one happy lady :)

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

Am so loving this! Brings me back to my time living in Florida, not in a suntan lotion, pina colada kind of way, but more of a hanging out in the outdoor beach bars /restaurants, going down to Key West, the bahamas, and taking cruises to the caribbean on those incredible ships, that clean contemporary feeling, super fresh and limey, sorta like a mojito - will easily go through my bottle this summer.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

I like this! I would not buy a big bottle but it really smells like the boardwalk bar on the beach in the summer. It really smells like lime, salt sand and margaritas. I personally would wear it to the beach or i would layer it with a more sugar perfume. This is a fun one to experiment with! I have never smelled a perfume quite like this, it really captures a specific moment in time

hollyms
hollyms

If this just had a touch of vanilla or tonka, or maybe even some amber, it would be perfect. As it stands it's quite a sharp, sometimes even harsh scent, and because of that I'm not comfortable wearing it at only 24 years old. Don't get me wrong, it's unique and lovely, especially in the drydown, but it lacks the "comfort" I'm looking for in a daily-wear scent, and which I think is more suitable for my age.

I've smelled the men's version on my boyfriend and I like that one a lot better. It has more complexity, more richness, and more fruits. Honestly, I would not buy this one again - but I would buy the men's version for myself, I loved it that much!!

Vamy69
Vamy69

This is a delicious fresh vibrant limey cocktail. At first spray the lime & Tequila come out in full force. After it dries down, I get the sand and woods. It almost smells like a mans fragrance at times but has just enough of "something" to make it womens. I could not imagine wearing this in any other season but Summer. Fresh, light and zesty this one is perfect for the beach or Summer vacations by the ocean. It screams warm weather. I like it alot.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I love the opening. It really makes me feel I am smelling wafts of a limey cocktail. If there is a tequila note in this, it's probably white tequila, not the oaked, aged, amber-colored fragrant stuff.

But...as the opening notes dry down, there is something left that makes this composition increasingly sharp on my skin.

I wanted this to work for me, I really did. This type of scent is right up my alley for summer wear. Not too serious, and definitely not demanding. It's a pleasant, free-spirited little scent!

aray
aray

Are they sure they created tequila? Cause what I'm getting here after about 5 minutes is a pitcher of Pina Colada. Granted, the lime is there, but instead of florals and warm musk I get something very fruity and sweet, I'm almost tempted to single out coconut but since they inspired me with the alcoholic drinks, I vote for Pina Colada. :)

Either way, and for what it's worth, this made me smile - it definitely is a good mood kind of fragrance. And to me, it has no real unisex qualities, simply because of the sweetness it develops on my skin.

Sillysimon
Sillysimon

I own the mens and womens versions of this. This one seems a little less fruity and a little more mature. I think the agave stands out a bit more in this one.

olga1780
olga1780

Love it! I can very well be a unisex fragrance.

alina terec
alina terec

this seems way too masculine to me. maby i need more time to get to know it better. i like everything else about it very much though. i hope i get use to it. if not i'll just pass it over to my dad for summer use. someone said it smelled like something masculine from calvin klein. i think it was ck in to you for him. sort of reminds me of mojito cocktails.

eezepeeze
eezepeeze

You'll "be drinking maragaritas by the sea, mamacita." The moment I smelled this summery fragrance, I immediately thought of that line from Thelma and Louise. It makes me think of Jimmy Buffet, mixed drinks, suntan lotion, crashing waves and cute cabana boys.

It opens with a burst of lime and tequila. Bring on the spicy salsa!! Then, after a little while, it changes into the perfect smell of a day by the ocean.

Of course, I love wearing this in the heat of the summer, but when it is at it's best for me is when there is 10 inches of snow on the ground and I just can't take another day of shoveling and scraping the car. I spritz this on, break out the "MARAGARITAVILLE" and transport myself to Cancun.

ETA: It's been a few years since my original post, which I just happened across. I still love this scent. The only difference is that my husband began using this version of it this summer as well, as I totally think this is unisex. I love it on him just as much, if not more, as I do on myself. Still yummy!

guest_ginnycat
guest_ginnycat

This wonderful fragrance really surprised me! Thought of it as a generic summer fragrance: just fresh and nothing else.
I was so wrong! Of course the lemony opening makes you feel like wearing men´s cologne at first, but then it turns into something different...a wonderful slightly warm-musky scent...bringing back memories of a tropical vacation. Too sad the lasting power is very poor. :-(

sammysword
sammysword

Perfect for Summer! Takes me to the beach immediately. I love the lime opening - and the dry down is warm and salty. I was interested in this from the reviews and then tested it at Walgreens (also because of the reviews) and then bought some on ebay! So very happy with it and this amazing website!!

mwater1
mwater1

I happened to find Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts in Walgreen's on sale for just $25.00 (US), so I decided to give it a try.

The opening notes are very citrus-- lemon and lime without being too sweet or having that chemical bitterness rampant in so many other citrus perfumes. The burst of citrus lasts throughout much of the fragrance.

Just when you think this fragrance has given all it can, you become pleasantly surprised to find the beach.

The fragrance turns a little salty, but warm and soft like a sunny spring day along the shore. The citrus fades into the woods and musk and that is truly the beauty of this fragrance. Just when you think it is a one note wonder, that beachy surprise is waiting for you.

I am truly surprised and delighted by this fragrance. This scent was on the bottom of my 'wants' list, but now I know as long as its available, it will always be in my rotation.

trueyou2
trueyou2

This perfume is my favorite; have already gone through 3 bottles of it; since, it came out! It reminds me of an acoholic beverage; when I first put it on but not in a bad way if that makes any sense! I still feel very girly in this perfume! It's my fav!

ramiske
ramiske

I don't find this overwhelming at all. It is very light and crisp, citrusy--without the sweet fruityness that many scents have. This isn't the typical scent I wear (fruity florals), but I think I'll wear it for summer.

mirror
mirror

This one is great! I like it better than Very Cool and I cannot agree with the other reviews.
It is not really like Cool Water. I would say they have similar personalities but the actual scents are different.
Bug Spray? ...no way! I find the lemon note one of the best because it smells more like lemon zest to me. It is not as sour or bitter as normal lemon scents it is more "fruity-lemony".
Yes, it is slightly masculine but on a warm summer day you really don't need more femininity in this.
The setting that explains the fragrances the best would be walking on a wooden boardwalk of a marina somewhere in the Caribbean sea.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

The lime is slightly overwhelming. Reminds me of bug spray:(