Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama for women
dislike

tuberose
Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama for women Pictures

Female Tommy Bahama fragrance was introduced in 2005, as a pair to the male Tommy Bahama Men. It was designed by Jean-Claude Delville. Top notes are exotic with cactus flowers, clementine and bergamot. The heart brings seductive Hawaii tuberose, frangipani flower and honeysuckle in. Accords of exotic wood, nectarine and musk make the base. It is available as 50 and 100 ml edp.

Clementine Bergamot Cactus

Tuberose Frangipani Honeysuckle

Woodsy Notes Nectarine Musk

Tommy Bahama Fragrance Reviews

blakbarbee
blakbarbee

I came upon this while shopping @ Marshalls about 2 yrs ago & it is absolutely DIVINE on my skin...I guess its obviously my body's chemistry that mixes so well with this fragrance!!! ANYTIME that I wear this, I get soo many compliments, even at work someone told me they loved it on me. Even family members have oohed & aahhed and said to me what do you have on...it is one of the top perfumes that garners soo many compliments!!! Soo happy that I came across this non-expensive BUT expensive smelling fragrance for me...I will forever wear it!!! Soo Y U M M Y!!!!!

greengrl
greengrl

This is a soft and inoffensive fragrance that opens up with subtle notes of tuberose, clementine and nectarine. The cactus helps to soften the florals and adds a bit of green to it. I can smell the similarities to UR. I would recommend it for the spring and summe. Good for day time and anyone looking for a creamy scent (reminds me of avon creams).

atv315
atv315

It never ceases to amaze me how subjective scents can be. This is not the world's best or most unique perfume, however, I find it so completely inoffensive and hard-to-hate. But judging from some reviews, it is apparently not that hard! I was so surprised to read some of the strong commentary on here. Someone got this for me when I was in my early twenties and I just found it again ten years later while visiting my parents. I've worn it a few times since I arrived and I thought it was a pleasant floral, and I stopped liking the vast majority of florals a long time ago. I find it's pretty light and I can't imagine bothering a soul, whether in an office, gathering, elevator, etc. It is not particularly unique but it's light, natural (not artificial, no suntan lotion whatsoever), pretty timeless. If you got this for someone, I am pretty sure that if they didn't like it, it would take them all of 5 minutes to re-gift it to someone who did.

prrrfume1
prrrfume1

Smells like perfume. Obvious, in your face perfume. Not the perfume that creates curiosity and prompts people to ask "What are you wearing?" More like an injection to the nose of familiarity. Too strong and too average to have that amount of sillage. Nothing delicate about this one and reminds me of an older person's scent needed after years of olfactory damage. Comes just shy of making me think I somehow coated the inside of my nostrils with it as it is ALL YOU OR ANYONE AROUND YOU WILL SMELL.

Fatima Fabiola
Fatima Fabiola

I' m not sure ( between this one one the new one)but the one that I tested is very similar to classic Carolina Herrera, but sweeter and soft.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

beginning opens with the bergamont and some tuberose. then the frangipani comes through. i think it smells like a tropical fragrance. the thing is that is smells soooo tropical. like a tropical garden. soo tropical that if you arent on a tropical island you may be out of place. it smells good, just very tropical. i think if you are going on a cruise or a vacation this would be a nice fragrance. i unfortunately live in no where near a tropical island. maybe you could wear this in summer at the beach too. i think it is nice, just not an everyday all season all outfit kinda fragrance. i think the nectarine and honeysuckle make it a sweet juicy fragrance.

an hour or so later and i get a lot of green musky wood. unforunately it smells kinda weird on me at this point. its weird because then you get some of that nice tropical under it and it just kinda smells contrasting on my skin.

brandiwine1980
brandiwine1980

I smelled this on an older woman in her fifties and smelled delicious on her. Not on me. I think it's got too much honeysuckle for me, but for some reason still have kept it.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

When I first smelled this in TJ Maxx, I really liked it and wanted to buy it. I couldn't wait to get my hands on it when I ordered it from overstock.com. Well it came today and I am not pleased. Only because it smells EXACTLY like Usher UR for Women. Even has the same opalescent bottle!! Ugggghhh. I didn't pay much for it but I wish I knew I was buying a dupe before I got this. I really love UR so I guess its ok, but I really wish it smelled different.

marsha78
marsha78

dislike the smell, specially the synthetic smell make me headache.

bfrosty
bfrosty

I had high hopes for this one after reading the note list. I get the concept of what the creator was trying to achieve but I feel like the manufacturer used inferior ingredients to make it which causes it to start out decently enough, degrade quickly and then after about an hour settle into a synthetic whisper. I would love to see this recreated with quality presses instead of cheaper chemicals though.

NYCTiffany
NYCTiffany

This is Beautiful on me! What a nice Fragrance! It smells siliar to Bora Bora but not as Heavy and a little but more elegant. if it makes sense Bora Bora smells more Syrupy heavy and chemical-ish. Tommy Bahama is lighter in a better way, on me the peach and flowers really come through, i wish i would have bought a bigger bottle! I got it at a steal! This is my second Tommy purchase and i have to say i am very pleased. Bora Bora can give headaches.. This one will NOT and it makes you feel like you are on Vacation. So far all the Tommy Fragrances make me feel like i am on a great vacation! cant go wrong!

sharyssa

well wait a minute! I keep sniffing and it's not that bad I think I kind of like it :) I detect a lil fruit in here...................

sharyssa

I am still trying to figure out what this smells like? it is very bland it maybe similar to bora bora but bora bora is much sweeter and tropical this is dry and something like patchouli or something it's not very tropical like to me but I have a 3.4 oz pretty bottle that I am just going to try and use up I think the bottle is pretty nice and sturdy and the top fits well it's crafted nicely unlike some fragrances like jlo still where the lil plastic ball never fits correctly that irritates me about a fragrance because with me I go more for the packaging rather than the scent (then get it home and regret it) but oh well I am just trying this tommy bahama out and so far it doesn't dazzle me none :(

Enchntress
Enchntress

When will I learn not to blind buy!!?!! Found it at a local retailer for under $20 so I figured, How bad could it be??

On me, it was absolutely terrible!! Initial blast of what smells to me like gardenia and tuberose - that's it. It does tame down a smidge after 15 mins or so, but still much to flowery and STRONG for me personally. My husband could smell it from across the room and told me; who needs self-defense classes, just wear that stuff and you'll assault the bad guys without even touching them. :P

exciter76
exciter76

One day I was spritzing myself silly at Ulta. I had had my fill of fragrances for the day but I decided to sniff one more blotter strip. I’ve mentioned before my weakness for anything typified as ‘tropical’. I’ve also mentioned the consequences of blindly buying fragrances based on such prejudices in other reviews. This particular time I did not get ensnared in the blind buying trap, only testing out Tommy Bahama. It was fabric-flowers-and-string-lei love at first sniff… on a blotter strip. I vowed to purchase this full price. As fate would have it I found it several months later at Marshall’s for a song and a dance. It was my lucky day.

I got home, showered, and put on my new big bottle of Tommy Bahama. Immediately, I felt a sense of familiarity and disappointment. It smelled very similar to Bora Bora and Christina Agulara’s Inspire, two fragrances I already had. It also reminded me of some tropical Escada scents along with a faint reference to Estee Lauder’s Beyond Paradise. It smelled amazing and uniquely tropical on the blotter strip but somehow smelled ordinary on me. I was disheartened.

The real heartbreaker was in the drydown. It ceased to be tropical and turned to an aldehydic, powdery bore. I was far more impressed with the unswerving tropical nuances in Bora Bora than I was with this. To quote Madonna, this long-lasting sillage monster was sadly, “Reductive.” It is not a bad fragrance but I can think of at least five tropical ‘fumes with more originality and better composition from beginning to end than this. I’m glad I didn’t commit to this one at full price, and though this is pleasant, I will not be making a repeat purchase of this one again.

olga1780
olga1780

Looks like this perfume is way far from being a crowd pleaser. I don't know why it is so misunderstood, but I think it's a very unique and exotic scent, perfect for summer time. It's one of those perfumes that put a smile on my face.Very feminine and romantic....I can't detect any cheapness or sun tan lotion resemblance. Great sillage and lasts forever. Just like other Tommy Bahama fragrances, I find it very well blended. I enjoy it very much!

pbandabby@gmail.com

I couldnt bring myself to even spray it today. :( another return. I hope they let me.

pbandabby@gmail.com

Just got a big bottle from ross. It is nice but kinda soapy tasting. Ya tasting?.. I hope it goes away cuz i think i can smell the citrus an the plumeriawhich is nice but it is hard to tell with this soap taste...

Nancy Doman
Nancy Doman

I did not like this. It smells powdery,soapy and cheap.

hollyms
hollyms

Tommy Bahama is hit or miss. This one was a miss. I own both the SSSBs, and they are absolutely lovely (the men's version being my favorite cologne for a man to wear, ever). I bought this thinking I'd love it since I drooled over SSSB so much. I was wrong, and returned it the next day. Smells generic, and something about it smelled "off" to me.

Jellybean
Jellybean

at first too strong of a stinker! then about 10 minutes later that is if you survive that without scrubbing your wrists, it mellows slightly and it smells cheap. i smell strong green notes which i mostly like, but in here with other fruity notes it's yuck. i was hoping it smelled beachy but I get none of that in here. It is strong and cloying oldcore scent.

camaral
camaral

I have grown very fond of Tommy Bahama. Notice how I used the word "grown"? This one takes time to understand. It seems some fragrances are like red wine, and need to breath. This would mean a few sprays for TB to aerate. I pick up the clementine in the top note, which never completely fades, but can we also be honest about the pineapple? It's ok- pineapple rocks and is totally tropical. I'm glad others mentioned the honeysuckle, because I wasn't able to put a finger on it. The dry-down on my skin is an earthy medley of seaweed/palm/rainforest. This fragrance settles to a compromise of the aforementioned notes, with maybe a whisper of Hawaiian wedding flower and/or hibiscus? Reminds me of my travels to Brasil and Hawaii. Delightful!

glama
glama

not great- it smells like suntan lotion- save $20 & buy suntan lotion

tried this yesterday at marshalls. i didnt care for it. its very sweet and fake smelling. its like a plastic coconut floral. i got no citrus at all. i was disappointed, i was expecting something nicer. even after it dried it really didn't smell good on me, it just didn't smell as sweet. it also smelled like i was wearing some kind of imposter perfume. not good.

itscool2hate
itscool2hate

the pretty bottle is the best part. the scent is ok. nothing special. i expected more of a beachy smell...but it's more of just a pretty aquatic smell.. almost colognish. staying power is ok..you might have to reapply 4 hours later. i do recommend it for no more than $25.

Robynlovesperfume
Robynlovesperfume

This smells just like hair products. I don't mind this so much, however, I'd much rather leave this beachy-suntan oil type of smell to hair products and not perfumes.

guest_debob
guest_debob

I love the opening note of the clementine, which is a cross between an orange and a mandarin. It's a sweet distinctive scent, that is not really orangy, but uniquely it's own. The cactus note sweetens it up further. I'm just now getting a faint whiff of honeysuckle and a slight woodsy scent. For me this is a tropical delight. Sweet but also refreshing. It's not like the Escada scents and it does NOT smell like any of Estee Lauder's, (which are sour to me). I think icekat's review below says it all better than I can. I've bought so many crappy ones lately without smelling them first and when I bought this without smelling it, I was really nervous. I am so relieved, as I love, love it. This is really one of the best ones I have gotten lately.

icekat
icekat

TOMMY BAHAMA starts with a fresh burst of the sweet citrus. I feel all three players here: bergamot adds fresh sharp note, clementine adds zest and cactus adds sweetness. After the fresh burst, the honeysuckle appears. It is followed by gentle tuberose. The frangipani is not very strong. I could barely detect it. The scent transforms very quickly into what appears to me watered down florals. The heart notes remind me of an ocean breeze that carries honeysuckle and tuberose scents from the distance. I even at times feel a hint of salty waters here. Not sure why. Perhaps it is the wood scent that mingles with the heart notes. In the base notes the musk combines nicely with the nectarine. I love how it gives the dry-down creamy and sweet scent.

I would not consider this a tropical scent. For me the tropical scent should have one of those: exotic tropical fruits, sweet honey-like tropical flowers or gourmet tropical drinks. But it does remind me of an ocean and it has this cool fresh touch that I do like. This could be enjoyable in the hot weather outside. After the initial fresh burst the scent stays very light and close to the skin. The base notes do last for 6-7 hours.

alina terec

i found it very similar to another fragrance bu t i didn't know what it was , till now. it's very very similar to estee lauder's pleasures exotic, just a bit sharper with some more agressive top notes. the ones that like pleasures exotic can easely go for this one. they are both pleasant but have the same old problem: i just can't feel the fruit anywhere, frustrating...

alina terec

oh, and the packaging is very nice and stylish, and the bottle also, i like the way it fills my hand when i'm holding it (the 3.4 fl.oz)

alina terec

i just got this one without smelling it.
i should have listened to the reviewes. it's such a sharp floral that it's almost intoxicating at first and then it becomes a soft vanilla floral. i guess it has the tropical in it but in a flower kind of way. i see this beeing enjoyed by a group of senior ladies goind on a hawaii trip. also i would recomend this one to very elegant mature women. my humble self though, i think i will give this to my mom and will be anxiously waiting for very cool and st. barts. maby someone would be so nice to give me some hints on how the last one smells, thanks.

ktv0926
ktv0926

It smells like cheap drugstore cologne. I find it very unpleasant and can't see why somebody buys this, as it is priced not as low as one could expect.

817flowers
817flowers

This Tommy Bahama scent was not a favorite of mine. I expected it to have a more "vacation" scent and was disappointed. My recommendations go with St. Barts and Very Cool.

mwater1
mwater1

I have to say that I like Tommy Bahama.The opening note is a very subtle citrus, after about 20 minutes the floral notes come to the fore. You can detect the tuberose and honeysuckle, the fragnipani is not as pronounced. The drydown is definitely woody with a light hint of musk, the nectarine gives a lightness to the wood and the musk, making this a pretty fragrance.

It's not a 'tropical' fragrance. It truly is what the description says--a floral woody musk. This reminds me of one of those classic fragrances like Oscar de la Renta or Ysatis, you know, something from the mid-80's. Classy, fresh, floral, and slightly soapy. I would recommend this for the fall as I can see it being a little too much for the spring or summer. Overall, I give it a 7 out of 10.

EternalSunshine7
EternalSunshine7

I wasn't impressed by any of the Tommy Bahama scents. I believe if you're going to name a perfume after a specific place then it should actually smell like it, yes? Though this fragrance does have somewhat of a "tropical" feel....that's all it is. There are a number of "tropical" smelling fragrances...but they don't necessarily remind me of those places. They just remind me of a tropical fruit salad. I'm still waiting to be "wowwed" by a tropical-smelling perfume. So far, the closest I can get to Hawaii is Diesel Plus for Women. It reminds me of what I smell as soon as they open the doors of a plane in Hawaii....that fresh tropical air, island flowery breeze, crisp fruit, and lush green trees & green palms smell.... Tommy Bahama didn't do anything for me, sorry to say.

ramiske
ramiske

This is my fave of all the Tommy Bahama scents. After the top notes, the tuberose and frangipani really stand out. After a recent trip to Hawaii, having tuberose and frangipani leis, this brings back wonderful memories, and very authentic to the actual flowers. This perfume is a perfect companion to the locally made Tuberose body butter that I got in Maui!

It seems like I smell grapefruit too, even though it isn't in the description.

I disagree that the bottle is ugly. It has a peach color with a beautiful iridescent finish. I've been looking for a nice Tuberose scent, and this one is a keeper.

guest_Marie J
guest_Marie J

I liked this at first spray but then it turned into Marc jacobs blush and I HATE that perfume!They smell so similar and Tommy Bahama is overpriced and the bottles are ugly and plain and cheap looking!

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

The two Tommy Bahama scents I have tried (this one and Very Cool) were both very watery and underwhelming and seemed to have hardly a scent at all, other than flavored water. There's not much else I could say about. I thought it was boring, so now I'm encouraged to try it on my skin next time I come across it.

Chaosnmotion
Chaosnmotion

I wasn't overly impressed with this... it smells kind of like something my mother would wear... I get the citrus and it's a very warm scent but I just can't seem to bring myself to like it.

2007

Tommy Bahama by Tommy Bahama 3.13 out of 5 based on 101 ratings and 39 user reviews

Perfume WorldWide
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts
Cologne
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Barts Men's Cologne Spray, 3.4 fl oz
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St Barts Men's Cologne Spray, 3.4 fl oz
TOMMY BAHAMA for WOMEN by Tommy Bahama EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
TOMMY BAHAMA for WOMEN by Tommy Bahama EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts Perfume by Tommy Bahama, 3.4 oz Eau De Parfum Spray for Women
Eau De Parfum
NORDSTROM.com
Aftershave 3.4oz
Tommy Bahama 'For Him' Set 111 Value One Size
Tommy Bahama 'For Him' Set 111 Value One Size

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Bahama Tommy Bahama, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tommy Bahama by Tommy Bahama. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tommy Bahama by Tommy Bahama represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.