Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

dislike

leather
Eau de Prep Tommy Tommy Hilfiger for men Videos
Eau de Prep Tommy Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures

The Tommy Hilfiger Group is launching two new fragrances – Eau de Prep Tommy Girl and Eau de Prep Tommy. The fragrances reflect sporty yet elegant style.

Eau de Prep Tommy was made for confident, laid-back man, when he is visiting country club or sailing at a yacht. The perfume opens with s blast of red grapefruit, wild clary sage and passionate granadilla. A heart beats in rhythm of Egyptian geranium, wet greens, a splash of tonic, white pepper, lavender absolute and juniper berries. The final notes incorporate rich amber, georgywood, oak moss and white suede.

Flacons are very elegant. They are made of see-through glass and embellished with golden inscriptions and cap. Outer carton of the edition for women is colored in red, while men’s version is navy blue.

Fragrances Eau de Prep Tommy Girl and Eau de Prep Tommy will be available as 50 and 100 ml EDT from October 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Rodrigo Flores-Roux.

Grapefruit Clary Sage

Green Notes Geranium Lavender Juniper Pepper

oak moss Amber Suede

CK Free

Eau de Prep Tommy Fragrance Reviews

g1gglesg1rl
g1gglesg1rl

I got this for my husband on Valentines day & I love it. I stumbled on it when the sales lady tried to sell me the female counterpart - which for the record is horrid.
In fact I would go as far as to say that the male option is better suited for women & the women's is better suited for males (but that just my opinion of course)
For now I really enjoy smelling this on my man, and Im happy stealing a spray or 2 every now & then.

Castor
Castor

If preppies are supposed to follow certains patterns - white anglo saxon protestans living in New England attending classic schools and colleges with a frown - upon attitude towards the vulgar exhibition of high-end spending, however loyal to the local harberdasher charging more than average money in classic - style clothes... well, this does nail it down. The wearer won't be signed out as flamboyant in his / her spending patterns.

If preppies are more about conservatism, this is not a preppie scent at all. Pinaud would be the choice, C&M's scents too for special occasions. Or, by chance, classic English styled EdTs. Or for that, R&G scents, or maybe an EdC by Guerlain, Vetiver at the most.

I image a family gathering in a historical mid sized house in Greenwich, Ct. or New Haven, the house full of family memorabilia, and the black sheep of the family (rich and unashamed of showing money off) wearing this or worst still, Oscar de la Renta or Kouros. I can clearly imagine the rest of the family members wearing the above mentioned ones, or better still, no scents at all.

Sorry, my piece of fiction. Nothing to do with fragrances, really, but sometimes reviews are more about storytelling than technical descriptions on the perceptions of the aromachemicals.

Guess this is the case.

woodpecker758
woodpecker758

Nothing but grapefruit and some crap. Fooey. I suppose "prep" means that you want to smell like your clothes coming fresh out of the laundry, which is not worth buying a cologne for. It lasts just as long as the smell of clean laundry does too, five minutes.

Cassiano
Cassiano

Some say that the Preppy style comes from a contraction of the term "Preparatory School", which are the famous and boarding schools of the young well-borned in England. Others claim that the "preppy" was born in the mid 50’s and was a lifestyle adopted by young rich people from private colleges and prestigious universities of the United States. It was not just about top brand clothes; to become a "preppy" (or preppie) needed, besides the proper attire, adopting behavior, attitude, vocabulary and, of course, have a good bank account.

Currently, with the constant breaking of taboos and the influence of the media, the preppy style has been adopted not only by young people from the upper class, but also for anyone who likes and has desire to dress like that. The models are around the world: the media shows, daily, boys dressed up on the screen, like in the school uniforms in Glee Tv serie, for example. Based on that, good designer brands are betting on campaigns and products for this new tribe, which delimits bank account, no need to study in private schools and does not approve prejudices. And then, comes Eau de Prep, an alternative fragrance, which seeks to perpetuate the success of the traditional version - known all over the world - Tommy.

This version is composed by top notes of grapefruit, sage and granadilla (which is a kind of passion fruit), giving a delicious fruity-citrusy tone to the fragrance. Then, Egyptian geranium, green notes, pepper, juniper and lavender in the heart. When this phase of evolution arises, it’s very noticeable the burnt mix of pepper + juniper, along with green nuances (which refer to the aroma of grass) and, finally, wood, suede and amber in the base. Oddly enough, the base notes are the less noticeable on my skin. I feel only the presence of the wood notes sustaining the fragrance.

I was surprised enough with this cologne, because seeing the poor visibility and comments about it in specialized sites and social networks (at least here, in Brazil), I thought the quality was worse than the traditional. But I was wrong! Apparently, the Brazilian market is not ideal for a product that aims to achieve this kind of preppy audience, even more in a culture that, though it seems very cool, is full of prejudices. For this reason, I shall inform those who were curious with this review, to forget the label "preppy" and see this version as a "sport" version of Tommy. It will be easier to connect with the aroma and the result obtained. With that being said, I can only afirm that, like most "sport" versions, you can't expect much in terms of lasting and projection. On my skin, lasted about 5 hours, but the natural scent pleased me a lot.

ryanmaes
ryanmaes

is this stuff really necessary? it cant be.. can it?? nahhh stinks

Tenko
Tenko

nothing special realy. Below average.

periquito89
periquito89

Well, indeed it really remembers me CK Free, but I think this is nicer, specially during its drydown. More spicy than citric, mild, easy to wear, not much more than a discreet perfume. Longevity seens to be a problem as happens to some other Tommy's. I have one, and doesn't bother me use it as a variation to the daily scents. In fact, today is more easy to wear than original Tommy, Tommy 10, Tommy T, Jeans, 1985 (ugh)...

adrianocgo
adrianocgo

CK Free and Eau de Prep was created by the same Nose - Rodrigo Flores-Roux, and the similarities are inevitable. But IMO Eau de Prep lasts good in my skin. CK Free has a poor longevity, 2 hours and game over!!

I prefer Eau de Prep, smells more expensive, a casual luxury.

juanma
juanma

Esto huele bien pero nada especial. No llega a enamorarme. Igualmente es una buena opción.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

Tommy Eau de Prep calls to mind dozens of other air-freshened, grey citrus, herbalized, white musky whatevers. Starts out with a pop of pepper, poorly-rendered grapefruit, and hints of bitter herbs - maybe the clary sage and lavender, but I can't really tell. The heart phase quickly overwhelms whatever nuance was offered on top, and the heart is essentially here to stay. From five minutes onward, I smell nothing but laundry detergent with a whisper of lavender in the periphery. Strong, nondescript, "clean," and predictable. You're much better off wearing regular Tommy, or Tommy Girl. No need for pretend preppy, not when it smells as dull as this.

AndreAABK
AndreAABK

A five minutes perfume. Its more weak than CKs. So fresh that i cant feel any note!

cassio
cassio

Good, but, nothing special.....

sauko
sauko

A discreet perfume...

reijn539
reijn539

its like ck free to me. good thing because i like ck free, simpel and light perfect for in your gym bag

VincentHeng
VincentHeng

Today go trying this fragrance at shopping mall and it really make me remind me of CK Free.But i like the bottle logo very much.

lisamiarose
lisamiarose

I bought this for my boyfriend for christmas : )
I like it for teenagers guys, is fresh a little bit light, soft spicy.
The bottle is very cute : )

Eau de Prep Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger 2.97 out of 5 based on 78 ratings and 16 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger Eau de Prep Tommy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger Eau de Prep Tommy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Prep Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Prep Tommy by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.