Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Eau de Prep Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women
dislike

Eau de Prep Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women Videos
Eau de Prep Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures

The Tommy Hilfiger Group is launching two new fragrances – Eau de Prep Tommy Girl and Eau de Prep Tommy. The fragrances reflect sporty yet elegant style.

Eau de Prep Tommy Girl is girl’s perfect companion, regardless of whether she’s at tennis court or in ballroom. The fragrance opens with pink peppercorn, green apple and violet leaves. A heart carries the scent of white roses and the composition closes with sandalwood, hawthorn and musk. It is the ultimate accessory that completes your look and provides a long-lasting, memorable image.

Flacons are very elegant. They are made of see-through glass and embellished with golden inscriptions and cap. Outer carton of the edition for women is colored in red, while men’s version is navy blue.

Fragrances Eau de Prep Tommy Girl and Eau de Prep Tommy will be available as 50 and 100 ml EDT from October 2011.

Pink Pepper Violet Granny Smith apple

Rose

Musk Sandalwood Hawthorn

Eau de Prep Tommy Girl Fragrance Reviews

beatrix75
beatrix75

eau de prep its sooo delicious sweet an delightful apple snd pink pepper musky kind of fum litle woodsy att begining then become sweet muscky floral . i like it a lot

blacklibran1
blacklibran1

This one is so unisex . I love the dry down and sandalwood in this. Definitely one of my go to scents when I want to just smell woodsy and fresh. Men can totally pull this off. Found a bottle cheap at Marshalls for like 15.00. Definitely a keeper

wendyyparty
wendyyparty

An extremely, feverishly, yummy sandalwood!

First time spraying it and I'm speechless. It is a huge "WOW" and when it settles it was even more WOW!!!

Skeptical, I look at the notes here and amazed at how simple they are..., I mean this is magical. Aside from being sensual with a pleasant bit of sweetness from green apple, it is crisp yet also very warm and cosy

And I'm not even a fan of any apple in any perfume!

This has to be one of the most well blended fruity sandalwood, and the pink pepper here is not cloying at all.

L.O.V.E!!!

--------

The staying power is very poor indeed

ClaudiaA1
ClaudiaA1

Perfect summer fragrance! The scent of green apples, the spicy pink pepper - young, optimistic, refreshing - joie de vivre in a bottle!

gomt
gomt

Much to my surprise, this is a delightful fragrance.

I never liked Tommy Hilfiger's perfumes. When I received some samples of Eau de Prep, they spent a relatively long time in my drawer waiting for me to give them a test. Finally the day came and I gotta say, I really enjoyed the smell.

On my skin, Eau de Prep is a subtle blend of musk, apple and rose. I don't get much sandalwood or pink pepper (luckily, because I am not a huge fan of this note - it tends to give me a headache). It's rather quiet (moderate sillage), warm and feminine. In my opinion, it's suitable for winter days for those who don't enjoy heavy perfumes, but still need that extra warmth. Longevity is average (4-5 hours).

Youthful fragrance indeed. Quite spicy, energetic, intriguing. I would even say, teasing, alluring, sporty-sexy. Sandalwood is very noticeable and makes this fragrance a bit oriental.

lulu69
lulu69

unfortunatelly, i dont get any apple in it, which i would love in any scent. this scent is just weird and old

edit: somehow i started to love it! love the slightly masculine edge in it (musk?), its so sexy! much better than scents which lack this masculine part in it and are just boring feminine sweet <3 gonna be my favorite for this fall/winter

perfumeglam87
perfumeglam87

I would love to swap this for something else..US only

LadyRogue
LadyRogue

"Eau de Prep" was a blind buy because there was no tester and the apple note plus the price (15 Euro for 100ML) was a good enough reason for me to jump into the preppy pool with both feet ; )

The first spray is very yummy and has a fresh apple note that gets quickly teamed up with a pepper note --pink pepper is sweet rather than spicy-- and as such it's a wonderful mix of apple fresh with sweet pepper and a faint rose - all this lands on a dry down of musk and sandalwood notes. The middle stage has a very gourmand feel to it; I smell a chocolate vibe in this and it reminds me a bit of "5th Avenue Nights" which has a wonderful chocolate note throughout thats heavily in love with a creamy vanilla, but Eau de Prep has apple & pepper notes to give the chocolate vibe more of a spicy / fruity edge. About an hour later the pepper gets slightly more spicy and the apple is virtually gone, leaving you with a musk / pepper skin scent that is pleasant but very light.

I like Eau de Prep and my only complaints is that its longevity is seriously lacking! I have to reapply quite often to get the thrill of that first apple / sweet pepper combo. If the longevity were much better and the apple note were more pronounced to increase that apple fresh feeling, I would probably reach for this quite often. But since it is very fleeting all I can say is....luckily I have 100ML to (re)spray it with reckless abandon.

It's a cute scent for casual daytime wear and all those times you want to smell yummy in a gourmand and close to the skin manner. It's inoffensive and suitable for work and as a bed scent but I wouldn't wear this for an evening out or to a special occasion.

Silage is: apple and sweet pepper with a dash of florals on a bed of musk - Longevity is: 2+ hours in which the pepper becomes more spicy and lays close on the skin cuddling a musk note.

smellME
smellME

Fruity floral but warm with an oriental touch.
I therefor dont find bottle representing the perfume its best.Preppy ?
It is quite sweet too but mostly at starters the rose tones it down.
I have two three scents in my wardrobe that this resembles...no twin or so but they came to mind wearing eau de prep.
Those are Duff With Love and Guess by Marciano.So if you cant get a hold of
With love anymore...this actually is in the same cathegory without even notes
matching. The gold 212 has a slightly resemblence to this too.
Its very sweet and vanillic but powdery in the drydown.

TinyNeuron
TinyNeuron

Too musky, too strong and a bit too masculine for my taste.

I swapped off the original Tommy Girl, as the white floral accord was too strong and I'm not a fan of that kind of citrus. The tea note was fine, though. With Eau de Prep, I just did a dab sampling on the ankle, and from past experience that can lead to some very different impressions, relative to a normal wearing. However, unlike spraying once or twice to the chest, I can smell the scent up close to the skin with a dab sampling. Doing this with Eau de Prep, a strong impression of tea is present. I certainly get plenty of sweet/fruity/light florals, along with a mild woodiness, but overall a sweet, fruity tea is the "big picture" here. It seems that what is listed as violet or violet leaves as notes often come across to me as tea-like, perhaps due to other notes present as well. I'm generally quite sensitive to lavender and pepper, but I didn't pick either up here. However, it certainly seems natural enough, but I don't have enough experience with typical fruity/floral "feminines"' to say how this compares with others of the genre. However, this is one is definitely not too "feminine" for me, though I don't apply heavily, which may make a big difference for some people.

UPDATE: After a few hours I get a mild ambery/oriental base, and at this point it's quite different, certainly unisex if you think A*Men is masculine, for example.

vanillary29
vanillary29

I bought this mainly for 2 reasons. One, I loved the packaging. And two, I loved the original Tommy Girl ages ago. That being said, this scent itself is really, really pretty! From the bottle it smells sharp and weird, but when I sprayed some on my wrist, the musky and fruity accords came up, and the resultant scent was delicious! Fruity scents tend to be cloying and this is anything but. There's also some slight woodiness in the background which makes me love it even more. This is one of the few scents in my wardrobe which can be worn all year round and at any time of the day. Its versatile and definitely a crowd pleaser.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

Smells very good! sweet fruity floral with a prominent rose note that is so delicate and feminine. This is the type of scent that draws people in as it's comfortable, sweet and just delicious. To me it smells like white chocolate and roses, even though it's not listed in the notes. I remember trying this at the department store when it first came out and it struck me as different from what I had smelled before. As soon as I had a chance to buy it and did. My husband likes it a lot too which is a plus!

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

This is a miniature Tommy Girl, obliterated by a massive glob of sticky ethyl maltol. Feels more like a come-hither masculine from the nineties. Boudoir fare for the woman who considers her dorm room a boudoir.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

As below, I bought this blind and it is lovely. Very similar to the Juicy Couture perfumes. Best perfume and value for money that I have bought in a long time. A definite favourite of mine. Its a gorgeous fruity floral with a warm undertone. Very feminine.

yuugainotenshi
yuugainotenshi

I bought this blind because I found it for super cheap. The notes I saw on here did not sound too bad. Im surprised with how sweet the apple is in this perfume and I usually do not enjoy super sweet perfumes, but I can tolerate this in small doses. It smells pretty simple to me a slightly peppery apple musk. Its also has a slightly creamy woody drydown. Its an easy perfume to wear and it is not offensive in anyway. Its not a bad perfume I might not have bought it if I had the chance to smell it first...lol but my boyfriend likes it I recently figured out he likes it when I wear perfumes with an apple note. So I guess it was good thing I found this. Its actually a pretty fresh perfume. If you like apple and musk then I think this would be a safe sent to buy....It has good lasting power 8+ hours.

Btw I think the name matches this perfume pretty well...

614kristaaa
614kristaaa

Honestly, this isn't the kind of scent that I think of when I think of a "prep" fragrance. I often seek out "preppy" smelling fragrances, even though I am far from ever being physically dressed as so.

Anyway, this is almost over-the-top sweet. It reminds me of Guess Marciano. I don't hate sweet fragrances when I'm expecting sweet, but to me this fragrance is a little insulting because I don't imagine this to be the scent that exudes from a fragrance called "eau de prep". For me, a "preppy" smell should be clean, but not the typical floral/musk clean.

Alas, it was a blind buy for me and I may reach for it occassionally if I find myself craving something sweet smelling.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

What kind of prep it is for? Exactly right, prep H, smells like prep H too))))

annettepe
annettepe

my best friend wears this and it smells amazing on her and fits her body chemistry very well. its a sweet fruity musky scent. its very complex and hard to describe. i think the spicy and woody notes in it makes the scent edgy and sexy. not for me though but love it on others.

EDIT: really reminds me of gucci guilty, although i like gucci guilty better on my body chemistry.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

What a way to ruin the perfect perfume. I consider this a total scrubber. The musk and the woodiness of this flanker totally destroy the clean floral scent of the original. If you want a heavy musky sandalwood you can find better. Very disappointed. Thank goodness my sample was free. No way I would buy this. Give me the original!

pihlaja
pihlaja

(Edit 1.9.) Since wearing this quite a few times, I must say that I can see why some people are disappointed and/or strongly dislike it. It is quite "raw" scent in a way, not the most sophisticated or classiest one. It's a bit like an arrogant and self-confident girl in her 20's not afraid of expressing her opinions strongly and thinking she already has quite a lot of experience in life but who still has a lot to learn. But even though, I like it. It's not a serious scent and I like the playful impression of it.

The original post:
I tried it today and immediately fell in love, which was very surprising. I almost skipped this because I don't like the bottle at all and it stated in the short description that it's aimed to "young women" which translates to teens in my mind.

At first it's very much about green apples and at this phase I thought "oh no, too girlish", but luckily I was wrong, because then it turns a bit spicy and ends up very soothing, a bit sweet scent but not boring at all even though it's not complicated. Doesn't smell too "old" or too "young", I think.

On my skin it's very minimum floral though, but from my point of view that's not a bad thing since I'm not a big fan of traditional florals.

Shtefitza
Shtefitza

As others commented, I too was surprised to be interested in this... simple, inexpensive and totally out of my stiyle... gentle, clean, tame fragrance I can wear anywhere ... it is fun to be "out of my skin" while wearing it... Eau de Prep is spicy without being exotic or complicated...

miss mills
miss mills

I was gifted a trial sized bottle of this - it's not normally my style (too light and fruity for my usual tastes) but whenever I wear it, my 3 yr old boy says, "mummy, you smell precious" - so how can I resist this frag?!

cecfor
cecfor

At first sweet in a nice way, fresh, not cloying. After half an hour it shifts to give a somewhat more dry impression. As time passes it gets more and more dry and masculine. In a good way, that too. A little sweetness stays in. It's close to the skin and on my skin it lasts at least 5 hours (close to the skin and lasting is a good combination in my taste). I like this one.

elifcandan
elifcandan

I don't know why, but I smelled coffee after an hour.

Aspendina

ok tested this on myself today and I am head over heels in love. This is kinda strong almost masculine, it also smells high end. Most high end scent tend to be really strong, heavy, and old ladyish. This however although smells really expensive and prestige still somehow still manages to keep it young & girly; how did they do that? I love this so much and can't wait to get a bottle. Oh and the bottle.....ADORABLE!!!

Aspendina

I think I really like this but I have to retest it on myself as I only sprayed it on paper, it smelt kinda like a xmas tree for some reason so very Christmasy to me. Nice but will have to re test on myself soon.

Vamy69
Vamy69

Sweet and floral with an almost gourmand feel to it. The lasting power on me is quite good. I am actually surprised that I like it because typically I am not a big fan of Hilfiger perfumes.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I sprayed it on my hand for the hell of it while I was at Macy's and was rather pleasantly surprised. I wasn't too impressed with Tommy Hilfiger fragrances before but this one does stand out from the pack.
This is actually a woodsy floral that has a note of spice and dries down to clean woodsy musk. I think it does come across as preppy. Unlike one of the reviewers, I don't smell anything fruity here at all. And here is the most interesting part-I bought my DH Armani Diamonds a while back and ended up using it because it wasn't his cup of tea but I liked it. Ear de Prep reminded me of Diamonds for men. I don't mean that its identical scent but its both have that musky woodsy feeling. I quite like Ear de Prep and may consider buying a bottle. I have to sample it again though because the lasting power wasn't that good.

ana7joao
ana7joao

I honestly love the smell of this and I actually bought it.... but... it turned out to be a bad choice. it simple has no staying power :(
I wish there was a perfum like this that stayed for more than half an hour!

What can I say? Bad. It starts off like any drugstore scent and then just smells very sweet - like a copy of Peach blossom (his own scent creation). The staying power is weak too.

melia
melia

I would not agree with primadonna, I think it's very much of a floralfruity. It's a bit fresh and quite sweet. Normally I don't like apples, but here it blends great with the sandalwood, red pepper and the flowers. I found the original Tommy Girl way too stingy citrussy fresh, but this one is a lot smoother, probably because of the extra sweetness. You can smell the similarity, but this is a lot better in my opinion! I think the sillage is okay and I guess the staying power will not be bad either, regarding it is a modern floralfruity. Like the bottle a lot too. Thumbs up for prep!

primadonna35
primadonna35

İ just tested today,very beautiful...But it is not a floral fruity,it's more floral, a nice pure florals, lovely for especially for young woman.

Eau de Prep Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger 3.78 out of 5 based on 161 ratings and 34 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger Eau de Prep Tommy Girl fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger Eau de Prep Tommy Girl, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Prep Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Prep Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.