Designers » T-Z » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Freedom Tommy Hilfiger for men
dislike

salty
Freedom Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures

In autumn 2012 Tommy Hilfiger presents a new fragrance for men named Freedom. The truth is that this will be the second fragrance with the same name after the popular fragrant pair of this house presented in 1999 (Freedom for Her and Freedom for Him).

Tommy Hilfiger Freedom is designed for people who enjoy life to the full every day. Inspired by the sea and by the abundance of possibilities on endless horizon, the new fragrance is perfectly adapted to marine-sporty style characteristic of this house.

Tommy Hilfiger Freedom is inspired by man leader, decisive and self-confident man who can make business decisions as manager in any office or as steersman on a ship. His charisma, decisiveness and confidence are embodiment of courage. The composition to go along with his personality and style opens with lush, green notes of fresh leaves, basil and violet. Aromatic and precious shades are provided by clary sage combined with juniper. Richness of nuances is expended by white pepper and ginger combined with orange blossom and coriander in addition to salty sunny and light accords. The base includes vetiver notes mixed with salty driftwood and creamy sandalwood shades.

Tommy Hilfiger Freedom arrives in a simple and beautiful glass flacon crowned with a relief silver stopper. Flacon of the new fragrance can be obtained as 30, 50 and 100ml EDT accompanied with 150ml shower gel. The fragrance can be expected on the market in October 2012.

Green Leaves Basil Violet Clary Sage Juniper

Orange Blossom Coriander Salt White Pepper Ginger

Vetiver Sandalwood Driftwood

Freedom Fragrance Reviews

ezemiyashiro
ezemiyashiro

I definitely love this scent.
I smell lots of calone, melozone and ozonic (cucumber-ish) notes. This makes it a very 90's fragance.
The only thing that makes this fragrance stand out from the rest is the saltyness.
Upon application the scent is really fresh, but not in a "cold" way, more like a woodsy herbal fresh.
The dry down is really nice, the scent turns into the something like "i had sun lotion on, i went for a swimm in the sea and my skin dried on the sun"

Longevity is ok (around 6 or 7 hours), though the person using it stops smelling it after a short while, probably due to saturation.

Sillage is really poor, but since the scent is really "salty skin" like, it doesnt bother me.

Thumbs up for this one

John Mason
John Mason

Poor longevity and even poorer sillage. But I like this. Mainly because I dig green scents.
This is extremely green, marine and cucumber-like. Nothing else. Use it maybe as a refreshing splash when you hang around a swimming pool in hot, hot summer.

gomt
gomt

If you're into smelling like a fresh cucumber, go for it. Otherwise, don't even bother. I honestly can't smell anything else there. And on top of that, staying power is poor.

lassmichdich
lassmichdich

don't know the fragrance, just came here to comment on the design: the freedom-Logo being crossed out on the bottle. now that is beyond bitter sweet, to put it delicately... but when i see hilfiger clothes or advertisement or people it seems to make alot of sense.
i know just tommy girl among their frags. i kinda remember it being hilfiggerishly cool.

cologneking
cologneking

Fresh, soapy, salty, briny...

Very linear, does not bloom or develop much; a saltier and brinier version of Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio. There is an underlying soft powder note in the background.

The sage and herbal notes also add a slight spiciness to this fragrance.

Tommy Hilfiger Freedom (new) is perfect for the Spring and Summer months and very wearable to the office.

Oddly, this has a muggy quality along with a salty armpit kind of scent but not in a bad way; a just showered body, salty-skin scent.

I do like this one.

Lava Drinker
Lava Drinker

* * *
Help. Somebody has shoved a cucumber and tuna sandwich into a blender and bottled it.
Seriously, don't you smell something fishy about it?
I will end it here and not bitch about how Hilfiger probably expects its big brand name to guarantee it success with fragrances.

I'm kidding, as long as you can stand the cucumber and want something to wear in the sun then this is fine.

4/10 because I can't stand cucumber.

6.5/10 if I could stand the cucumber.

10/10 if I could force Tommy Hilfiger to sit on a cucumber.

* * *

Ladys and gentleman
All what we talking about here is

CUCUMBER
Finished

totally cucumber ...

blaiseantoine
blaiseantoine

another awful cucumber aquatic concoction I still dont understand why they keep on producing these kind of chemicals detergent for skin otherwise cannot believe that are men proud to wear this kind of nosekillers .I PREFER TO USE MY BATH FOAM INSTEAD OF THIS

esteban747
esteban747

Blind buy. Why did I choose Freedom? Because of the name, I thought it was going to be a clean and fresh kind of generic fragrance, the typical "after gym".
Well, it opens with a blast of citrus that quickly fades away giving way to the green herbal tone of this perfume.
The basil is very (VERY) prominent, and the sage is in second place.
For some reason it bothers me, and thanks to other reviews now I know why, CUCUMBER! Even thought cucumber is not listed it smells like it. It doesn't translate into "freedom", smells more like something rural and rustic, not classy or sophisticated at all.

I was planning to wear this for daily use, just for work, but I guess this one is going to stay somewhere in my closet with the other rejects.

Marcos Oliveira
Marcos Oliveira

conheci no papel e gostei muito,porém quando senti na pele notei o fiasco que é . não vale o investimento a nao ser que encontre por muito barato. Freedom é mais uma colonia para dias quentes,chata e comum , tem um ar de elegancia e modernidade,mas é só,com baixa fixação e projeçao de 1 metro talvez . é só.

ozgurg84
ozgurg84

good projection, good longevity but smelss poor. nothing new. like the cheap "colognes" in the markets.

don't get close

Mirza
Mirza

remarkable stuff ,totally love it <3

ularewolf
ularewolf

I recently gave this a review on Youtube the day I got it, and since then it has grown on me. The scent to this is very nice, fresh and crisp. Today was the first day I wore it to work, sprayed it on about 14 hours ago and I still faintly smell it on my skin... The longevity is real good, a lot better than I originally gave it.

Projection still unsure, but it lasts and smells good, the dry down reminds me so much of sea water vaporizing on your skin in the sun. This isn't given enough credit, yet. Hopefully it will start to get some good recognition.

michael.j
michael.j

The cucumber in this one drowns out any other notes that may be, but are probably not, present. It is exceedingly bland and simple. It is a serious contender for the least cerebral fragrance ever concocted.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Freedom from... well, any scent at all, really. Is there some kind of contest going on for the most non-existent, underwhelming and watery fragrance for men? This one almost beats Bulgari Man - that, too, was almost like spraying water on my arm.

Or is Freedom an olfactory metaphor for the sorry state of affairs men are in these days? Sort of not there?

Done & Dusted
Done & Dusted

This is a real nice offering since the release of Loud. There is a striking resemblance to Mark Birley for Men. It is light and airy, very Birleyesque, but with half the price tag. Interested in the "nose" behind this. Well done Tommy!

masrizalrikifariki
masrizalrikifariki

y so negative about this one? i found its very sweet men fragrance..its so Tommy..the projection & sillage is just medium though. good for Tommy fans & collectors.

rainmaker2012
rainmaker2012

Pls I need information about tester pack -Apart from NOT FOR SALE written on the bottle is tester pack same as original pack?I'm talking about content only.Thanks!

miss mills
miss mills

Walked past this in the dept store last week, had a spritz on a tester card and had to try i ton my skin after that. It is remarkably similar (but lighter than) to New West (for her) by Aramis, a frag I still have a bottle of that was discontinued in the 90s I think. Watermelon and oceanic notes, I loved it and would wear this myself. The hubby like it too and he is notoriously fussy about almost everything!

Fiddlestyx
Fiddlestyx

I was at the store yesterday and was surprised to see this fragrance sitting on the display case. I was extremely excited to see this as the original Freedom released in 1999 is one of my favorite summer fragrances.

Without hesitation I sprayed the fragrance and boy was I disappointed - definitely nothing like the original. Needless to say, I ended up washing it off and didn't give it a chance dry down.

iwicz
iwicz

Surprising there is no cucumber in it ! For me it's definitely something watery, woody and a bit muggy.

yazounet
yazounet

Hey guys, is it the same with the one released in 1999?

Mr.noise
Mr.noise

Dead fish... a sad joke

Wancho
Wancho

Got a tester of this Freedom from TH.

Sprayed it on my skin. Two full sprays. Opens up with a water menthol effervescence. I do get a bit of basil but it's more like a non complicated menthol. I am sorry to say that is also watery, as in watered down like a diluted drink. Lacks body. Like a watered down drink, diluted with soda water.

I let rest for a while. The the effervescence disappeared a bit. A bit more depth and body appearing. Now i do get violet notes, orange blossom and coriander notes. Not bad, i must say. Not offending would be a better choice of words. It's still too thin.

After a bit more resting, i must now really do my best to get a smell. It's now getting a faint bubble gummy scent. Poor longevity and very soft sillage.

No. I don't really like this. I don't dislike it, as it is not offending. But the perfumes i do own, and love, have way more character, depth, identity, power and assertiveness.

Maybe this is because it is a tester?

Freedom by Tommy Hilfiger 2.92 out of 5 based on 74 ratings and 25 user reviews

Freedom Cologne by Tommy Hilfiger, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilettte Spray Tester for Men
Freedom Cologne by Tommy Hilfiger, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilettte Spray Tester for Men
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY WASH 5 OZ
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger SET-EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ BODY WASH 5 OZ
Freedom Cologne by Tommy Hilfiger, 1.7 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging for Men
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ UNBOXED
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY WASH 5 OZ
FREEDOM NEW for MEN by Tommy Hilfiger SET-EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ BODY WASH 5 OZ
Freedom Cologne by Tommy Hilfiger, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging- Tester for Men
Freedom Cologne by Tommy Hilfiger, 3.4 oz Eau De Toilette Spray New Packaging for Men

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger Freedom fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger Freedom, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Freedom by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Freedom by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.