Designers » T-Z » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men
dislike

leather
tropical
Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Hilfiger Est. 1985 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures

Hilfiger Est.1985 was presented in 2008 and dedicated to older audience. This perfume arrives in a transparent bottle created of heavy glass, with a metal board on the front side with an inscription"Hilfiger Est. 1985". It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT, with accompanying body care products and a smaller bottle in the amount of 30 ml for international market.

The perfume Hilfiger Est.1985, announced as a dynamic fougere fragrance, created in cooperation with Givaudan. It opens with notes of bergamot, mandarin, pink grapefruit, juniper, rosemary and papaya in the top. The heart encompasses turmeric, mahogany, white rose tea and accords of hot leather, while the base notes introduce suede, sandalwood, papaya, black velvet, tonka and cashmere.

Bergamot Mandarin Orange Grapefruit Rosemary Papaya

Rose Mahogany Leather Turmeric

Suede Sandalwood Cashmere Wood Tonka Bean

UDV Blue

Hilfiger Est. 1985 Fragrance Reviews

dmirror
dmirror

I've been wearing this since its debut and its a great fragrance longevity is good the scent is good now that I think about It I didn't pick this one out my girl did she bought the set for me Christmas gift along with a couple of outfits but back to the fragrance its nice its best during warm and hot spring summer days this is a 8 out of 10 try it it'll surprise you its currently in my opinion Tommy Hilfiger best fragrance but unfortunately I think they may have discontinued it at least stop selling it at major stores

leohbarros
leohbarros

Una rica fragancia veraniega , fresca citrica , lamentablemente Tommy al parecer en sus fragancias no las hace concentradas sino más bien ligeras..algo a mejorar , ya que no tienen a mi gusto un perfume clase A..

eau de nath
eau de nath

This fragrance was very woody. At the first spray, papaya and bergamot was noticeable. I can't smell the lemon and orange in the top note. At the heart note, the mixture of woody notes and a little bit of floral(rose) made the frag more great! The drydown primarily the base note was very nice. You can really sense the woody notes and a presence of soft musk(suede molecule). All in all, this is a great frag, it was like a cousin of CK Man.
PS. Can't notice the tonka bean! :)

SnowStorm
SnowStorm

This one isn't terrible but there is a very distinct note that really hangs out there and gives me a headache after a while (I suspect it is the papaya?). This was a purchase from when I was first getting into frags. As I think back on it - it was like getting the Hilfiger striped polo shirt when I was back in high school. It looks cool, smelled pretty good on initial testing in the store and had a stylish brand name attached. Now that I am more familiar with frags and different scents that are available, I don't see myself wearing this anymore than I would wear that old bright red striped polo. This one is kicking around the house now and my teenage son likes it. I will pass on this one for myself.

EVERTON CAIRES
EVERTON CAIRES

I have, smells wonderful, but fixing bad.

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

para mi colonia barata osea mejor dicho olor barato y simple, no tiene ningun brillo por niingun lado, pesima colonia no la recomiendo, hasta los axes huelen mejor.

Jun0711
Jun0711

This is good casual cologne for teenager.But smell is so so

waine
waine

I gave this a whiff after it was being firmly marketed in the shop on the day.

I walked around the shop for a half hour sniffing my wrist. I have never really been a Tommy fan. While not bad in principle, this is too fresh, nothing special but rather another aromatic citrus generic.

The shop assistant said it is supposed to "change during the day according to your body heat." However, I saw right through this sales pitch.

The reviews here confirm my opinion. I am not prepared to give this another chance from my own pocket.

So I will give this a skip.

funnyboy
funnyboy

Wore this for the first time today.Found it at first to be fresh,then powdery.Completely inoffensive and a little synthetic.
I would call it an everyday fragrance and I prefer it to the original tmmy cologne which was far too citrus for me and smelled like cat's ...
Longevity wise i got at least 5 hrs out of it but it stays close to the skin and has little projection.I think of it as a perfume for the wearer and not for those around them.
If it had to be marks out of 10 I would give it 6.5 and as a gift I would say suitable for the 35 plus age group.

RobbieX
RobbieX

This scent is lovely. At first I thought that this was generic and boring. But I gave it a few weeks and I changed my opinion. It has got a lot of character and is a really pleasant woody fresh EDT. Longevity is good and so is sillage. It reminds me of Eternity and Everlast. A lovely woody masculine cologne for men - it's great!

kenney77
kenney77

love this frag it smells soooooooooo goood love the begining

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I agree with Gypsy Perfumista in every sentence, and I use to find it sliiighly ordinary, but now since I've had a recent taste for fresh scents, I've also noticed this is a sweeter, more aquatic variety in my collection.
With est 85 I remember that i liked it on a former colleague; a young, stylish, camp fella who also wore Gucci ph2 and some Britneys (they suited him, ok) est85 suited him well. It gave off a sweet, smooth, gentle, kind of smoky freshness I connected directly to summer. And that's exactly how I'd describe it being on me.

Casual, summery, office friendly, grabs attention.

I honestly think the reason it got so many dislikes is because we all expect so much from designers like Hilfiger. I do it a lot, so when something is easy or meh, I think negative, when it's really just a good enough scent but not a great one. I shunned Armani and D&G for that very reason, only to realize once I try their fragrances, that I was a bit rude, in the same way that Im rude to Boss by expecting them to be outstanding. I still get outraged by some releases by high end designers trying to decipher exactly what they were thinking when they came out with it (eg: Armani Code Sport)
But hey, everyones a critic.

thatsmr2usir
thatsmr2usir

Tommy should be ashamed of himself! VERY BORING, NO CREATIVITY, BLAND, LASTING POWER? HA! YOU WILL BE LUCKY IF YOU GET OVER AN HOUR! Bottom line, this is 1 of those frags that should never have been produced & it should be an EDC & not an EDT! It lives up to EDC qualities. The only way Tommy got people suckered in to trying & or buying this is because of the bottle design which is different. Other than that, GARBITCH! 0/5 rating!

guest_narigudo
guest_narigudo

tem cheiro de carro novo. isso mesmo . bem sintético . não uso(dei o meu). perfume de segunda linha .

What we must remember about the Perfume Industry is that it often times tries to tell us what we can and can't wear depending on age, gender, season and any true scentophile will wear what they want when they want. The Industry us also ALL ABOUT $$$!, if they happen to create a great fragrance along the way :bonus! More often than naught they create mediocre/bad crap and people pay top dollar for it and wear it for years. I will read the PR on new frags and watch the commercials/videos but when it comes down to brass tacks:THE PROOF IS IN THE JUICE!!...

TH created this for men who wanted something modern and fresh that was also refined and smooth.I think he succeeded.The citrus in the topnotes combined with sharp rosemary and sweet, tropical papaya is fresh and modern. As the heart develops the white rose spiced with tumeric(spicy yet subdued)surrounded by mahogany and leather is truly rich and refined, not to mention unique. The base is soft and smooth with velvet and suede accords, exotic with tonka bean and cashmere wood, and earthy with sandalwood and papaya-tree wood. True to the aromatic fougere genre it has something clean and almost soapy at the end that adds to the scent and the projection. How anyone can say "This is just another..."is beyond me. I find this fragrance stimulating, polished and worldly yet affordable and sensible enough for everyday...of course, I am a big fan of TH and entering my 40s...

Sillage: okay
Longevity: good
Overall: 3.75/5

Fragrances went from woody-spicy(70s), to powerful(80s), to aquatic-fresh(90s) to light and transparent (00s) so dont judge Hilfiger est.1985 too harshly: it's a child of the age that spawned it and the Industry keeps on making what WE keep buying, so until we tell them otherwise (and buy otherwise) we keep getting more of the same...Hilfiger is what it is and it's all right by me, perfect for crisp, clean oxford and khakis and casual leather shoes. A little too much with jeans and t-shirt but not quite enough for a suit or fomal occassion...I wear it often.

andrevarx
andrevarx

A fresh fragrance, citrus, slightly complex but linear, and base notes a hint of leather. Very suitable for office use due to its neat and cheerful aura. It fits better to a "social Friday, also fits very well for weekends.

Romantic use is low, despite being a very happy essence, does not incite passion. It is generally very good EDT, but not remarkable or unique. A pleasant aroma that lasts about nine hours on my skin, preferably for use in hot climates or year-round in the office.

As for the age range for use is broader, since they can use it from teenagers to people before age 60

guest_EngPeTiT
guest_EngPeTiT

Perfect for me, its remind me of Davidoff "Good Life" which am searching about for a long long time, and i found it in this.

guest_rafa
guest_rafa

otimo gostei unico .

bwcw81
bwcw81

Well, tested it, not too bad, not too good, just ordinary and smell like normal talc powder with extra fresh scent, sillage and longevity is not so good.

periquito89
periquito89

Really not much to say. Even for an unoriginal scent I would expect something more pleasant. If this was the case, I wouldn't mind. But something here reminds me the smell of super bonder glue, although in a light, refined and well blended way.

Ramses7
Ramses7

Perfume cítrico y fresco. Con él hueles como cuando acabas de salir de la ducha. A mi me gusta aunque no es para nada innovador. En mi es bastante duradero. Sigue la linea de los demás perfumes de Tommy Hilfiger y para nada es un cambio de estilo como parece suscitar su publicidad.

seabear
seabear

As one of those men in that "older" audience for which this fragrance was ostensibly targeted, it missed by a mile. Not unpleasant just not distinctive. It was well within the scent range of half-a-dozen other scents I have tried or owned. Nothing special here.

It smells like "after shower".... Very clean & fresh. But the sillage & longevity very poor...

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

nice simple,easy wear type cologne. Crisp and clean cut kinda frag

vertigo
vertigo

I agree with slipcat.
I was also looking forward to try this one, but it is just average. I've noticed the strange thing - I can't smell the heart and the base, after 3 hours it just got more citrusy! Like pure lemon.

Overall, a nice daywear cologne for spring & summer. I can't see why it is dedicated to older audience.

slipcat
slipcat

A fresh cologne, but nothing more. You can smell the citrus right away, but it softens after about 10 minutes. It is a nice soft fragrance (give it about an hour - 1 1/2 to work itself out, and become a little more "manly"), but not really anything special (and I REALLY was looking forward to this one). I would say it seems similar to Hugo Boss Pure or Vera Wang for Men. It stays with me longer than the Pure did, but still just a tad too soft. I like the smell though, but it is too faint for me to want to purchase it. It's not a bad cologne, just nothing special. I would probably recommend the Vera Wang for Men over this one.

Hilfiger Est. 1985 by Tommy Hilfiger 3.20 out of 5 based on 116 ratings and 26 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Est. 1985 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger Hilfiger Est. 1985, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Hilfiger Est. 1985 by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Hilfiger Est. 1985 by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.