Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men

Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men
dislike

tobacco
Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Loud for Him Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures

Tommy Hilfiger is launching a fragrant duo named Loud for young women and men. Both perfumes of the duo are supposed to be real rock ’n’ roll fragrances inspired by music for the same public that buys Hilfiger denim.

Perfumers of the house of Givaudan, Aurelien Guichard and Yann Vasnier created both new editions of central notes of rose and patchouli. Loud for Him is based mostly on patchouli accords and adds a bit of rose scent.

Since the main theme is music, Chad Lavigne designed two flacons in shape of music records. Edition for women is coloured in pink, while men’s version is transparent black, with silver stoppers resembling stereo knobs. Loud for Him was launched in 2010.

Patchouli

Rose

Tobacco

Loud for Him Fragrance Reviews

John Mason
John Mason

As an amateur perfume designer, I can see this fragrance actually misses everything it tries to portray.
This was supposed to evoke rock n' roll music, it's almost static theatrical nuances and entertaining value in music industry. (Think old rock n' roll records our parents/grandparents used to dance to!)
All we are hearing are rosy butterfly farts ricochetting from damp earth, hitting a cigarette in your mouth, just before you sneeze.
Everything about this design is wrong. The bottle, the smell, the name, the brand. I have seen a documentary about perfumery (during my studies) and this fragrance was featured there to provide the insider's look into the design process. It looked nice in the making.
Never heard of this kind of failure before. What a freaking liberty!

seachase
seachase

One of the most misguided ideas in recent history.
Let's see...we want to make a fragrance associated with the world of rock-and-roll. We're even gonna make a flanker in the shape of the old vinyl records, and we're gonna call it "Loud."
We're gonna keep it a simple 3 note scent for those rowdy rock-n-rollers....and that scent is gonna be a very light, delicate rose !
I can't believe the entire team at Tommy Hilfiger went along with this. What's next....a delicate Gardenia fragrance for the Heavy Metal crowd ? A delicate Lilac for the Rappers ?
Everything about this whole concept was wrong, and it lets the world know just how out of touch the powerhouses can be sometimes.
As for the actual fragrance, I believe any man who wound up with a bottle gave it to their grandmothers.

Scent - 2
Longevity - 3
Sillage - 2

Troy Perkins
Troy Perkins

When I was a kid the original Tommy fragrance was absolutely huge here in Europe in the mid 90s, I guess it was the same in the States. Not many Hilfiger fragrances since have really been that popular but this is a really, really good edt that people shouldn't sleep on.
I bought this blind a couple of years ago as it's all over EBay here in the UK and very cheap and I'd say it's one of the best under-rated colognes out there.
I like patchouli scents, especially the old Polo by Ralph Lauren but this is modern interpretation of a perhaps slightly out of date ingredient.
It is quite simple with as many have said, only three notes but they are lovely. The patchouli with the rose makes it a very sweet and sexy scent, slightly feminine and almost unisex but the tobacco just gives it enough machismo to turn that around.
I've got around 30 fragrances now and this is the only one where I've already used half the bottle. For me this is a good signature scent for guys between 15-40 and is ideal for dates and clubbing, it projects really well in the winter months with good sillage. For me it's at the top of my rotation as soon as the leaves start to fall and it starts getting a bit colder.
I've actually bought two back up bottles which tells you how good it is, for the price this is an outstanding fragrance and along with Moschino Forever is my favourite "under the radar" bottle in my collection in that people won't know what you are wearing but you will know that you smell damn good.

gargaum
gargaum

Just as "loud" as Tommy can be. Nice and tame. Not original at all, dominant rose scent, but still good to wear now and then. Could be a great "first cologne"!

funnyboy
funnyboy

Horrible,
Smells like cheap rose disinfectant with a harsh chemical note.
Only lasts 1 to 2 hours.
My bottle is going to charity and it is not often I give perfumes away.
Rating 2 out of 10.That is being kind!!

lovetribe
lovetribe

rose sweet,not fresh.poor longevity and sillage.

I expected more.

JoeOM
JoeOM

I can't believe there are only 3 notes in this, smells like there is more than that going on.

Not a bad one at all then. Synthetic sweet rose with a mild spicy tobacco and woody background. I don't get the patchouli too much at all in this (which is great because I normally hate the stuff)

Didn't last at all on myself however. 7 sprays and I got about 2, maybe 3 hours. Also didn't project much at all.

Worth a try for the price but you probably won't buy it again.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

I should like this based on the layout of supposed notes, but i'm sorry to say it's just crap. Lasted literally 15 minutes on my skin. Weaker then a British sun burst!!

This opened very weakly on me, so if you are used to strong scents I doubt you'll like this one. Because I noticed a strong "laundry musk" quality to the drydown (relative to the weak opening), I won't try this again and spray more (I used two full sprays to the chest and had my shirt open, which is the way I experience scents fully), however, because I don't like the drydown, though I'd guess most people will find it mildly pleasant. If you want to make a scent that highlights patchouli and rose, you've got to put more than a homeopathic dose of them in your concoction!

Guilherme Fernandes

Last week, 3 women of my work said lots of compliments this fragrance.
Loud still not my favorite fragrance, I like but don't love it....
But, Brazilian Women love this!!!

Semana passada, 3 mulheres do meu trabalho elogiaram bastante este perfume!

Loud continua não sendo meu perfume favorito, Eu gosto mas não amo...
Mas, mulheres brasileiras amam LOUD!!! "Caem matando"

moreorlessa
moreorlessa

I occasionally catch a whiff of either this or something very similar in random men who pass me by, and it makes me want to flee wherever it is I find myself. I honestly thought they had B.O. and were compensating by overapplying perfume, but no, some fragrances for men are just formulated to smell of sweat. Not in a sexy animalic way, more like a croweded subway smell.

Loud for Her smells like the woman who made out with the unbathed gent and had his scent rub off on her, and it got mixed with whatever she was already wearing.

I do not envy this couple.

bkid142
bkid142

JoeMacchiato - the vinyl disc bottle is inside the rectangular box, it opens on the right hand side.

Guilherme Fernandes

Loud is a good! But not the best!

Floral/ Rose, powdery, young, too simple, warm, sexy/ vulgar and totally Unissex!!!

I don't think it is a Teenager fragrance, it's for a person/ guy over 21 years old.

Loud has a good longevity 6-7 hours, and the sillage is good only in the first hour, after this only close to skin!

Fragrância/Fragrance: 6/10
Fixação/ Longevity: 7/10
Projeção/ Sillage: 6/10
Versatilidade/ Versatillity: 9/10
Try/ Buy/ Pass: Try

Loud é bom! Mas não é o Melhor!

Floral/ Rosa, Atalcado, jovem, muito simples, quente, sexy/vulgar e totalmente Unissex!!!

Eu não acho que este perfume seja pra adolescentes como é a proposta. É para pessoas/ homens acima de 21 anos.

Loud tem uma boa fixação 6-7 houras, e a projeção é boa somente na primeira hora, depois disso somente rente a pele.

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

The bottle is changed from a round vinyl disc to a rectangular mess. WHY?

RobbieX

A gorgeous scent. There must be more notes in this than rose and patchouli. Anyhow, Loud is a lovely floral, patchouli fragrance with a background of tobacco and beautiful silage. The only negative is the unattractive bottle. Loud is quite a feminine scent but it's unique and I just love this one.

lyktor
lyktor

Sometimes I imagine this fragrance like a heavy gothic scent and others soft, smooth, romantic, nice scent for a dating and women can definitely wear it

juan carlos.henriquez
juan carlos.henriquez

tengo 30 ml de este jugo, debo decir q me parece un aroma extraño un poco como alguna colonia de mujer, tal ves el pachuli mesclado con la rosa le dan ese matis femenino y delicado, creo q huele muy similar a su vercion femenina, para mi los dos bastante unisex, pero yo por mi parte paso de este.

ayslan5
ayslan5

its not bad but longevite and sillage terrible!!!!!!!20 minute in my skin.

Virgoan-hunk
Virgoan-hunk

LOUD- is so not an apt name for this fragrance. It is a rather generic blend, with citrus, woods, and a wispy haze of Rose, Nothing to write Home about.
Its Not a bad fragrance to use as an everyday fragrance, however I don't see it becoming a signature as its Too Forgettable. Use Liberally for best results else it will be gone in like 3 hours.
Is LOUD for me???
Hell No.
I love a fragrance with Oomph and a sort of unique standing. (212,XS, Black XS L'Exces, etc).
5 out of 10.

Tenko
Tenko

i do not like honoustly i think people should not waste time on it

ITS juan
ITS juan

You could definitely smell the roses. At the beginning i can see this bing a guy smell but at the drydown you get roses and all I can think of is "girl". Rose is clearly a girl note and it reminds me of a girl. If you get close to the sprayed area you get kind of masculine again. I don't eaven want to try and pull it of wearing it. This is for a gay guy that wants to smell a little feminin. This should not be a guy smell not eaven unisex, its all girl. Definitely test before you buy.

chrismriley@hotmail.com
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A frag which is quite chic, cool and very smooth...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 - 1 hours - 1.25 foor projection. This is not the norm and different to many frags, but so similar to Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme. Its does not have the powderness of Lanvin, nor the projection and longevity, but the smell is 90% the same nonetheless. This is a handsome, smooth, frag which is warm and for romantic occasions, perhaps winter. Ages 28-42

1 hours - 4 hours - 4 inch projection with some trails. Lovely

4 hours - 6 hours - 1 inch projection. Those who don't like it may say it is like Colgate toothpaste..

Nice frag, though I urge anyone who likes this to try the very affordbale and wonderful Lanvin Arpege Pour Homme

RobbieX

Loud is a very pleasant, fresh man's scent. The rose and patchouli work really well together. A tobacco note comes out a little later. Lasting power and projection are good. The sillage is a nice floral/tobacco waft. A well blended cologne in my opinion and it's pretty unique. Love this one from T.H.

periquito89
periquito89

This came together with my Tommy Prep, and in some degree I liked both aquisitions. None of them are "wow" scents as you must have figured. So there's really nothing "loud", but if you spray too much trying to turn it to a more loud thing you may find it annoying. It is a rose scent but not the usual note. Here it is mild, to give (like urobian said) a semi-sweet touch (for an instant I remembered something I get from givenchy very irresistible fresh attitude or summer sorbet - but put side by side may be very differents scents, so don't be tricked by this opinion). That's ok for a variation.

Econochrist
Econochrist

Fantastic perfume. Vibrating, sensual, seductive.
PS: Loud for Him still contains tobacco note.

shahab.zaidi
shahab.zaidi

wonderful, long-lasting, nice compilation of rose with patchouli. All day.very soothing.love it..

Peegore
Peegore

Bottle and branding aside, I do like this one.

The life of this is monotone, being a 50/50 split between mild patchouli and rose all the way. I do get the ( very ) mild tobacco in the base but only just.

Projection and sillage not the best at all, and longevity very average, 4-5 hours on me.

This all sounds very unenthused so far, but I do enjoy it for it's simplicity. I don't always want to be mentally analysing every fragrance I wear, and with this one I certainly don't have to.

It's... nice.

Loud is a relatively quiet fragrance, with the pun being intended on my behalf. But with that being said, it's not a terribly bad fragrance, in fact there's a lot to like about it.

Loud for Him, is a fresh fragrance. It has prominent notes of citrus, soapy rose, vetiver, patchouli and musk. Unfortunately I can't smell too much in the way of the tobacco, which could have spiced things up a little more. But nevermind, the blend works well as it is.

It's not strictly masculine, in fact, I prefer this Loud over and above the feminine version. The rose note does make this fragrance versatile enough for both sexes.

At times it strikes me as being slightly aquatic and reminiscent of some sport colognes on the market today, but all in all its crispness is what makes this fragrance so appealing. To my female nose, I would be pleased to smell this on a man.

Loud for Him is not an original scent. Nor is it something I would pay big bucks for. However, for what it is, and being from a house I usually detest, Loud for Him hasn't done too badly.

jmlab
jmlab

Un perfume regular con una combinación de fragancias bastante corriente. Su inicio es fresco, con unas notas verdes que al poco tiempo dan paso a un tono equilibrado, marcado por lo floral. No tiene la potencia vibrante del Black XS, por lo que puede ser usado por alguien que ha pasado los 30. Recomendable solo para el uso diario: de noche apenas llama la atención.

Lai91
Lai91

the fragrance opens up very strong and fresh...u get this sense of it's a bit overpowering...hence the name "loud" but after a few minutes it starts to become more mild, very fresh and young, but it still smells very attractive and light.

antonpan
antonpan

Loud is one of the best mens mass market releases of the last year, and a big surprise at the same time. I love how they implanted rose into the masculine fragrance - the flower here is notable, sounds like rose in Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle. But here it is wonderfully surrounded by patchouli and woody notes, which make the scent powdery in a masculine way.
So I can't understand 2 things:
1) why did they produce such beautiful, sophisticated and really unique fragrance under this cheap concept?
2) why did they name the scent "Loud"? It is everything, but loud. The fragrance is powdery, subtle and stays close to skin. But, fortunately, it has very good longevity.

juanma
juanma

Cuando me ofrecieron probar esto por primera vez, me negue,pero la curiosidad pudo mas y vaya sorpresa la que me lleve. Esto me gusta. Quizas no sea una fragancia tan compleja,pero huele agradable desde el comienzo hasta que se desvanece. Huele joven, fresca, accesible al publico en general, no es tan ruidosa como dicen, yo creo que eso lo reservo para el Black XS de Rabanne. Generica? puede ser, pero hoy en dia con tantas fragancias en el mercado es dificil encontrar algo realmente original. Masculina? si, pero en sentido moderno de la masculinidad. En cuanto a la longevidad me parece fantastica en mi piel, mas de 24 horas despues la sentia perfectamente y ni que decir en la ropa. Yo quiero esto y lo recomiendo.

spoombung
spoombung

This is meant to be a bit Rock n Roll and risque and all that according to the blurb... but after a bracing citric opening it becomes a very bland, metallic, sporty thing... and pretty impossible to distinguish from the ever-swelling ranks of other bland non-entity fragrances.

fiona_sigourney
fiona_sigourney

Another 'for him' which I prefer to wear than 'for her'.

For her is a little too much, too overwhelming, everything in a bottle but not in a good way.

For him is clean, fresh and simple.

Only downside for me is the longevity and sillage,
gosh I so like it and want it to be EDP!

xoxoFiFi.

vertigo
vertigo

I'm positively surprised!
After trying the ladies version, which I think is very generic, I avoided this one in the perfumeries.
I also don't like this concept. The bottles, the campaign. Tacky.

Today I've finally tried it, and wow!
It's cool!
There must be more notes ...
In the beginning it's very fruity, with a touch of woods. Dries down more like a aquatic-floral-woody.
Do I detect some mint?
Absolutely charming :)

And it stands out from the pile of warm season men's scents.
+ for the staying power of over 6 hours.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

This is really beautiful. Simple, elegant and understated...so why the cheap drugstore bottle?? To my nose it is a bit more complex than the two notes listed. After a while i get an almost toffee apple vibe to it. Great stuff.

andrevarx
andrevarx

EDT is a quite acceptable. Notes of fresh input and slightly spaced, with a touch of spicy floral middle notes of patchouli blended, base notes like a strong spicy wood.

A fragrance reasonably good, not as flashy as his name "Loud " might suggest, but it has acceptable setting 5hrs on my skin. Like other commentators (eg Nattonline) is a good fine fragrance for someone who wears jeans and shirts, including Tommy Hilfiger's website puts it in "Hilfiger Denim. "

It is not as elaborate or powerful as the "Tommy EDC" or "Hilfiger EDT" because their market sector is very strong, young teenagers. Despite this, I think is a fragrance that is suitable for all ages, casual or daily use only. Used almost all season, having aromatic spicy trend fits in any season.

Mushroomfat
Mushroomfat

I looked around and found that there is tobacco in the scent aswell, and one site thinks of mint but I'm not sure. Anyway the scent is beautifully floral-sweet (floral and sweet) and I'm pretty sure there's more to the scent than 3 notes; rose, tobacco and patchouli.
Whenever I think of this scent, I remember how I was just blown away by what I didnt expect to smell like rose, I expected a generic citric-spice.
I also didn't know the bottles were meant to resemble records until fragrantica pointed it out, so I wasnt put off by any tacky advertising efforts.
Not sure it's a rock and roll smell, so much, but it is energizing.
This is the kind if smell that I definitely want because I imagine it would be so pleasing to wear.

Tried this at the main TH store on Fifth Avenue, NYC. I was very skeptical at first because patchouli usually freaked me out.

To my surprise, it is a nice and clean patchouli-based scent. I get some spices which gives the scent a cool feel, a little dry, and smokey. It's great for a scruffy guy with a pair of jeans, not for a well-groomed, well-dressed kind of person. The rose isn't obvious at all. It doesn't get girly or anything like that. In fact, I wouldn't know if it's there. Also the drydown reminds me of Tous In Heaven for him. (They both are a little edgy)

TH Loud is not at all a loud fragrance. It's just clean, cool, and can be sharp. It has a great drydown. It's something I could smell on a man all night at a club, playing loud music, through the next morning waking up next to him (with a massive hangover).

guest_Him
guest_Him

Lovely scent, reminds me a LOT of "Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel", but doesn´t have depth, longevity and silage of Mademoiselle.

WH
WH

Absolutely in love with this fragrance, i am surprised by how lovely the patchouli play off with the rose. the men fragrance have a stronger patchouli note than the women that have a stronger rose note. I like how this he and she fragrance have similar notes and it should be a great gift for a couple. my problem with this fragrance is, it have very bad silage on me, and after 2 hours of wear, i can barely smell anything on my skin, but layered with a couple of sprays and on top of a lotion, i can get up to 4 hours of wear.

urobian
urobian

Well, you cant expect so much from this brand right? in this new release Tommy tried to show the same thing with a similar vibe to the RL Big Pony collection, a mainstream, easy to wear, generic, with nothing new in perfumery. A commercial product to masses, a generic release with a funny ad and a cute bottle and box, inside? mm.. a nice, comfortable,powdery mix of bidimensional fresh aroma, some fruity synthetic note, a semi sweet touch and finally a little spicy with a generic woody side. Is ok, nice,comfortable,easy, but just ok.. a future purchase? i dont think so, could i enjoy it if it was a gift? of course. Projection and longevity more than i expected.

arunashamal
arunashamal

I got a tester for it the other day. When I sprayed it it opened up amazingly bit like Armani Attitude, but in a couple of hours it became a very common scent that everybody wears. it stays for about 5 hours. If not for that common smell this would have been a great perfume.

Loud for Him by Tommy Hilfiger 3.65 out of 5 based on 139 ratings and 43 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger Loud for Him fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger Loud for Him, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Loud for Him by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Loud for Him by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.