Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women

Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women
dislike

I have it: 976 I had it: 1311 I want it: 271 My signature: 23

Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures Tommy Girl Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures

Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Tommy Girl was launched in 1996. The nose behind this fragrance is Calice Becker. Top notes are black currant, camelia, mandarin orange and apple tree blossom; middle notes are honeysuckle, lily, violet, mint, grapefruit, lemon and rose; base notes are magnolia, leather, sandalwood, jasmine and cedar.

Black Currant Camelia Mandarin Orange Apple Tree Blossom

Joe Girl

Tommy Girl Fragrance Reviews

blogsimonette
blogsimonette

I wore this about 15 years ago, but came across a bottle of it the other day at a shop. My tastes have really changed! I'm not as big of a fan of this as I once was. However, it was long lasting.

basma gamal
basma gamal

fresh yet warm smell makes me happy thanks

jenny.boucher.94
jenny.boucher.94

My "when in dough" Go To perfume choices. Light, sweet, long lasting . Something about it makes me think of dolls.

Sweelty
Sweelty

I smell strong melon but it s not indicated in the notes....:)

NELY2014
NELY2014

es uno de los perfumes que amo, es florar,fresco, lo recomiendo al 100%

Brock
Brock

Luca Turin was right: a secret masterpiece, one shunned by the niche zealots. I'm a guy and I love it. Whenever I wear TG, people tend to say a variation of, "I love what you're wearing! What is that?" After explaining to them that, well, it's Tommy Girl, they usually roll their eyes and spit, "Ugh, oh."

Ohhhhhhhh, should be more like it. Love the stuff.

Marie76
Marie76

A very pretty, unpretentious, balanced fresh scent. It's not sharp but not sweet either, perfect for teenagers and a nice day out in the summer.

Kayse
Kayse

I thought this would be tacky, but it's a zesty delight that lasts and lasts. Sheets and linens smell amazingly fresh for days when spritzed with Tommy Girl. Summertime heat will be a great time to wear this one. Nice juice Calice Becker! Makes me want to try all your creations...

Nantom23
Nantom23

Can anyone recommend something less "common" and dated but with similar composition but more mature? I have a hard time finding a scent that I can wear without getting a headache. I love citrus scents, price no limit.
Thanks

Princess Adora
Princess Adora

A great perfume from the 90's a lovely sweet and fresh fruity floral with good strength and longevity,this perfume would suit anyone and it is one of those perfumes that I end up buying more when I run out,this would be one of my favourite perfumes from the 1990's.

happyscent
happyscent

Tommy Girl - hmmm, smells soapy, floral fruity with hints of jasmin, melon and apple; the rose note on this smells synthetic; the fragrance is also long lasting reminds me of another popular avon lotion but I do get this was copied so many times it lost its magic and smells generic to this day

spiderleenie
spiderleenie

This is one of those perfumes that brings back so many memories whenever I smell it. I wore this a lot in high school and early college, and you know what? I still wear it from time to time. It's a wonderful fragrance that I think women can rock at any age, because of how fresh and clean it smells.

Like the other reviews on this page, this perfume certainly gives me a lemon tea vibe, which I think is great, because I am a tea fiend. The scent is watery, citrusy, slightly floraly, and powdery. It's also one of those scents where if someone smells the perfume on you, they most likely will know exactly what you're wearing. It's a universally appealing scent, in my opinion.

I would recommend this to women who typically don't care for heavy fragrances. As a teenager, I was definitely more of a tomboy, and this was a staple for me. It isn't heavy, it doesn't overpower you, it makes you feel clean, and it's one of those "effortlessly pretty" scents.

Gingerwoman

I read that you should not wear this if you are over 25? I'm 43. I think I'm going to buy it again. (Have probably not worn it since I was 28. It's just so light and summery and clean. I love lemon. At least unlike so many perfumes it's avaible to buy from the stores around here.

Heliotropea
Heliotropea

A great one for Summer. I don't get much citrus (which I don't mind !) but I do get tea, green tea which I love in scents. Very fresh and stimulating. Gets soft but remains green in the drydown. Sillage and longevity are quite acceptable considering it's a cologne. In warm weather I welcome regular spritzes so for me it doesn't need to last forever. Nevertheless when I spray my wrist at bedtime (say 2 full spritzes) I can still smell it in the morning. And as a bonus it comes quite cheap (100 ml for 32,-€). A very welcome addition to my collection !

VintageViolet_
VintageViolet_

Reminds me of the mid to late 90's, when i was in primary school.

Such a lovely clean scent, without the sharpness of other fresh scents. I bought a bottle recently to wear this summer :)

MP19
MP19

This one is awesome! It's fresh but sweet and fascinates me! Totally recommended

tkomaigo77
tkomaigo77

This fragrance has all the brightness of sunshine but none of the warmth. Imagine lemon flavored Lipton iced tea served in a frozen copper mug with a bit of soap residue or shampoo. Yet in spite of the wet hair image that immediately comes to mind when I spray this on, I have grown to love it. I mean really really adore it. I've almost finished the bottle. It's fresh, uplifting, and great when you need to feel awake and alive. Not being a morning person I find myself craving this fragrance after a shower when I'm still half asleep and preparing for work. More men should wear this. It's floral so it's atypical and therefore particularly striking on a man. The soapy lemony tea like notes are distracting enough to divert attention from what most people consider feminine so it works extremely well even if you're a guy guy. This will stay in my wardrobe forever. I love it!

mandy.may

I adore this scent.i loved it way back when my niece used to wear it,loved it so much that I was at her house a long time ago and I stole her tommy girl lotion!lol...I still love this it makes me feel fresh and clean,feminine and sexy when I wear it...

imawallflower
imawallflower

This one smells just like lemon tea in my skin :)
Felt a bit intimidated at first because it seemed too sharp, but it gets softer and sweeter after some minutes .

nbknzr
nbknzr

This scent reminds me of the 1990s.

I didn't like it at all when it was widespread. Too fresh, too acute, too pervasive of my nostrils and brainhammer.
It's like a cute but insisting child crying for sweets with acute voice in your ears until you give up and buy. It clings to skin and fabric, very fixed.
After many years and some relief I can smell this with some pleasure.

kelleysmall
kelleysmall

Well, according to my "perfume bible" by Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez, this one is a winner, so I ordered a sample from eBay. I love tea florals and this is classified as such. They gave it five stars and said that still too many people would rather believe their wallet's loss than their nose's gain. I can't wait to smell it :)

douxe
douxe

Been looking a perfume that suits my chemistry and my carefree, youthful personality. This is the answer of it all. I think it perfectly suits me very well. The scent is young, fresh, simple, and clean yet noticeable. The dominant note is lemon, which is energetic and uplifting. After I spray it, I can hardly smell it on me but one time I was hanging out with my crush and he said, "Are you wearing perfume? Smell great." (inside screaming, "SCORE!!!"). Very pretty scent, sadly though, doesn't last as long as I want it to be.

Paulina Ostrowska
Paulina Ostrowska

My first perfume ever...Very nostalgic I was about 10 and I just liked the bottle I guess... My Mom told me I can't have it cause I'm far too young for perfume so my Dad decided to be my hero and came back later to the shop to buy it for me :) Back then I liked to spray it around me far more than on me but still great memories.
I got a sniff later on when I was older and sadly this perfume smells very metallic to me. I got a lot of mint and citrus. Still this is vintage in it's own way :)

wistfulmaiden
wistfulmaiden

Something about this one I do not like...I get a Pledge-like blast of lemon at first followed by gummi bear/rose, a strange combo. The drydown isn't bad but its SO strong ani takes quite a while to get to that bearable stage. A friend of mine wore this but only spayed the mist and walked through. I find the worst thing people do with any fragrance is putting on too much.

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

I get what others speak of when they say metallic, I certainly understand what others mean when they use synthetic to describe Tommy Girl. It is, without a doubt all of that and more in so many words. It is brass, loud and screeches at you. It's not soft at all. It's such a cacophony of pots and pans hitting at my brain it's assaulting. Why in heavens name would I want to wear this? The only reason I could think of would be to revisit a memory from the long-gone past, the very-long gone. A heavy-metal one, I might add. This is a fragrance that brings to mind grunge to me for some reason, Doc Martens, safety pins and all that that era entailed. It's a cold, alloy feeling fragrance. It's certainly not one to make you feel cozy. But if you'd like to kick ass, hey, give it a spritz.

kismetdaisy
kismetdaisy

Strange. I always thought Tommy Girl was a tuberose based fragrance. I definitely smell something very similar to tuberose on my skin, that is. My mistake I guess.

My girlfriend used to wear this as her signature in like 8th grade. It's not a very natural scent. In fact, I find it to be very synthetic... But I love it anyway lol. I really can't detect any individual notes here, and its also pretty basic and linear. But again, I still love it! It's a very feminine, "popular girl in school", carefree like scent, if that makes sense lol. I guess I just associate it that way because all the pretty, popular girls wore this in school. I wore it from time to time, but I was more so wearing stuff like Sui Dreams, Lovespell, Cucumber Melon, Candie's and all those fruity frags that were popular at the time. Well, excluding Sui Dreams. That was my "secret, sexy" frag lol. But anyway, I do have some really good memories with this frag. I get the "all American girl" vibe from Tommy Girl. This would be beautiful on anyone, I think. It's a very cool, fresh scent. It's not really how perfume's supposed to smell, but its kind of like McDonds cheeseburgers: they're not really good tasting, but there's something addictive in them that makes you want to keep eating them lol. Same idea with Tommy Girl. It's a very interesting, intriguing scent. I wouldn't wear it personally at my age, as its very young and my tastes have totally changed. But this is great for teenagers to wear to school especially. You will be noticed;)

Very pretty scent. Nothing extraordinary, not really sexy either. But guys always liked this one. It's great for winter, great for day time and even a night out at the movies. I find it to be quite unique, and everyone's replaced Tommy Girl with Flowerbomb or Juicy Couture, so you can wear this without worrying about everyone else having it, too.

Layzie
Layzie

This is such a lovely fruty-floral perfume. It has a strong opening, but when it settles, it's great! My friend used to wear this in high school, and I always recognized it in the halls whether I saw her passing or not. She was such a bubbly personality with a refulgent smile. It was a perfect match for her. This would be a pleasant scent for a warm summer day.

JFrags
JFrags

(Update on the bottom)
It's my signature scent since I had it in high school.

I used to buy faux perfumes (I know tacky)
until I started using this one. Now it's authentic or bust.
I had bought a jean pierre's edition of eternity (big mistake because there were PARTICLES in the bottle) and doused myself with it, way to annoy everyone around me right? but then I realized how poor quality it was and the alcohol scent stuck out like the sorest thumb.
So I looked into my cabinet and found Tommy Girl in the littlest vial from the sample pack from Big Lots (can find good quality stuff there from time to time) and I had a first whiff of it expecting flowers. But it wasn't just flowers, it was a rich mix grapefruit/orange peel and a slight freshness which overlayed a flower I had never smelt but not a rose since I abhor them.

I wore it the next day to school and everyone noticed, probably because I stopped stinking of cheap fake perfume. And when school was over, I was still able to smell it on myself but it had warmed up after those hours; making my skin into a petal

I find that the citrus notes are pronounced and may do well for some people not all perfumes fit to all types.

I can smell this on people from time to time and I'd like to think that I wear it best; but thankfully it's becoming less common since girls buy Juicy Coutoure now.

***UPDATE**** I've been getting more into masculine scents and this scent however versatile delivers a floral punch; I'm hesitant to whether or not I still love this perfume. It's definitely on the safe side, unoffensive (unless they hate fruity fresh scents) I told myself, that I would not tire of it, but it's just coming off as a single dimension perfume... I'm afraid of turning my love into a like because of the history I've had with it; but people eventually grow out of things.
Also I figure because of how the scent is composed, it is highly likely that other companies might have produced a similar formulation which could prove to be cheaper.

I'll be reviewing more mens scents that could double for women.
(11/16/2013)

Dominique124
Dominique124

Didn't like this. It was cloying on me. I think its the blackcurrent....

minjun
minjun

I liked it so much when I was younger. It's probably the first real perfume I had.
It was a gift years and years ago and I still have it. The fragrance didn't change at all ( amazing ! ) but I did.
Not my style anymore and probably will never buy it again.

icecream_milkshake
icecream_milkshake

I really loved this one when I was around 13, and it really reminds me of the old days. I now feel it's a little too citrus-y for my taste. But I still think it's a pleasant scent and for people who like fresh citrus kind of fragrances I think it's a keeper. I have a bottle still and I tend to wear it once in a while. If I'll repurchase, it's only a small bottle for the sake of the memories.

idylle
idylle

This was the perfume I wore about 3 years straight when I was in highschool. Just a fantastic, very fresh and happy scent.

manuuajd
manuuajd

this perfum is more flowers that cirtus, Why lemon is top note?

Anatares
Anatares

Gorgeous, lovely and feminine. Very floral and summery. I love it but it does not last on my skin.

Kara712
Kara712

Lovely! a real good summer fragrance. Simple, unique, fresh-floral scent! I can really smell the lily in this one.
Nice one and, personally, I haven't sensed it on someone else. I'll think about it in spring, defenetely.

bluebellinthewoods
bluebellinthewoods

I don't reach for it often but when I do I'm fully committed. To me this is sea air by a lemon grove. This is undeserved of it's image get past all that and let go. Light, delicate and modest. Beautiful, fresh and airy. If you are snobbish about this you are missing out.

elena gonzalez
elena gonzalez

Scent of orange, apple and honeysuckle! With a touch of fresh mint perfect summer wearing jeans and white T-shirt! background rose smells very feminine and I love a classic modern

quiggle
quiggle

when I first smelled this, it blew me away. smells like heaven. so I got my hands on it and this has been one of my favs ever since. I know its an old scent but the fact that lesser people wear this now makes it a bonus :)

temporalgrace
temporalgrace

Yum, honeysuckle! This is a wonderful, fresh fragrance. I received my bottle in a swap from a very generous fragrantian! The opening doesn't wow me, but once it dries down I can't stop sniffing my wrists! This isn't strong at all, though..longevity is just a couple of hours so you're going to want to apply more of this than you might think. Had to hit like instead of love just based on poor projection and longevity..pity! A more concentrated version of this would be welcome in my wardrobe.

ShellyS
ShellyS

I bought it with everyone else. I wore it. I got over it.

Teresa1019
Teresa1019

its in the same counter with DKNY be delicious!
and tommy girl beated it. I ended up taking tommy girl home, when my mind is full of be delicious!
They are similar with my D&G light blue.

jake.shouse
jake.shouse

Too much citrus and and too many women own this perfume I wont rebuy! Smelt it too much!

MsDana
MsDana

Fresh, citrus, floral, and nice clean scent, I had this one as a teen and I still like it very much, I would wear it in the summer months.

Frag
Frag

Sharp, cheap, grey...

One of my least favourite fragrances for women (apart from extra sweet fruity-floral celebrity type of stuff).

It's not completely repulsive but it's not very nice either.

katkoll
katkoll

This is one of my favorites. It is a very agreeable scent, one I imagine is not offensive to most people unlike some that are very polarizing. Some fragrances get tiring after a couple of days of wear, but I do not ever tire of this scent.

I love the blend of notes, even thought the grapefruit certainly dominates, it is still a very complex scent overall.

This one has been around forever, but I only just recently discovered it, and I will forever keep it in my collection.

One interesting note for me, I get a lot of blackberry in this when I have had it on for a couple of hours. Very lovely and fresh!

madgefan
madgefan

I've loved this perfume since high school (the mid '90s). Smells like green tea splashed with honey and lemon. So fresh and clean smelling. The perfect summer scent. A classic.

izooi
izooi

I remember this perfume extremely well. It was my first introduction to perfume at age 14. For next few years, I used it sparingly or heavily; whatever my teenage brain dictated what appropriate for the occasion.

I eventually grew to hate it and it started to give me migraines, as the smell is a very sharp white floral. There's no musk here. I would have to say that this is a very young scent, one that's good for introducing a girl to perfume to for the first time. However, moderation needs to be taught with it, as the silage from the fragance is pretty hefty.

vanillary29
vanillary29

I remember spraying this on myself from my cousin's bottle when I was probably 14, and I loved it like anything. I'm not from US so this was never a common fragrance for me. Soon, my cousin's bottle was empty and that was the first time I felt like owning a full bottle of a perfume. Now I own a huge bottle of it, and I don't love it as much as I did back then. Sure enough, its a pleasant clean floral scent but now I have other perfumes that I find to be much better. However, Tommy Girl does score points for the nostalgia factor and I revisit it from time to time to feel like I'm 14 all over again.

den1011
den1011

I haven't tried this on my skin. I've just smelled this from the bottle and on a friends skin. And it's really weird!

The thing is that I'm used to smelling it on my friend: It' s her night-out fragrance (definitely not my type of night fragrance though), and it comes across as being quite stingy. It's pleasant enough but almost too sharp on my sinuses. It smells rather peppery.

But the other day I smelled it from the bottle (on purpose) and OMG!!! What a difference! It smelled so much more floral! and definitely not peppery. So much nicer!
I don't know whether it is my friend's skin or what....

Anyway, I would not buy this for myself, but (from the bottle) I didn't dislike it either. It's really fresh and juvenile (perhaps even a bit too juvenile).

katiecakes
katiecakes

This was my favorite perfume when I was 21. I use to wear it on nights out on the town all the time. I have always gotten compliments from men on it. One night a guy was standing next to me at a bar and he turned to me and said "I have to tell you this, Whatever you are wearing is amazing, it works so well with your chemistry I want to just have sex with you right here". I still love this perfume (I'm 28 now) and for some reason tons of men have given me compliments on it. I never repeat buy perfumes but this and versace blonde I have bought time and again. always takes me back to being young and free.

missmeaghanrose
missmeaghanrose

I like it for casual - shopping, errands, etc. I also like it for casual going out like the pub. It's a little juvenile though. Probably good for late teens to early 20s. It's a little young for me at 26, so I've been wearing it less and less.

Nat205
Nat205

I like wearing this fragrance to work. Fresh and clean are my first impressions. Almost soapy. Not sexy, which is why I find it good for work.

B.
B.

Sharp, metallic and intensely irritating. Too cold, too fresh and just unpleasant.

blydia
blydia

I used to like this but my bottle turned bad, I think. I don't find it fruity at all, to be honest.

Biggsra
Biggsra

I always get a "mmmmm....you smell GOOD!" whenever I wear this. Today I got told I smell like flowers. Always garners lots of compliments from the guys. ;)

sussex2
sussex2

Starts out very soft and hazy with notes of honeysuckle, camelia and appletree blossom. Within seconds the volume of the floral element is turned up loud and joined by mint and zesty citrus fruits giving Tommy Girl a sharp bite.

With a background of faint wood and rubbery leather the overall effect switches between sweet, warm petrol and cold, bitter tea. All experienced on a hot summer's afternoon while sitting in the shade of an apple tree surrounded by fields of blooming flowers.

Elle949
Elle949

This was a gift from a girlfriend in my early teens. Wore it around the same time I was obsessed with Clinique happy. When I went looking for a new bottle after it turned (doesn't take long to go bad :() I accidentally picked up T girl instead which I couldn't stand. Good teen summer scent

kaejuntun
kaejuntun

Ohhh such a nice, dewy , spring-like scent!! This is another one that I never wore when it was super popular and just bought. Innocent florals and sunshine, really a feel-good fragrance. I get mainly honeysuckle and apple blossom, just a tiny touch of rose (no suprise since my skin tends to amplify rose notes) and the citrus is nice and mellow. As a Minnesota girl, it feels like that first spring day when the chill is gone from the air, the snow is all melted, the slush is gone, and summer is on the horizon. Very nice :)

tterekhova
tterekhova

I have it for 7 years and wanted it 5 years before then. It's my sporty scent for summer. Still love it.

Penny_Lane

I do agree with one comment below that says that there's something sintetic to it but for me it's in the possitive way. It doest smells floral fruity to me apart from the lemon which it's always here. The first thins that comes to my mind when a sniff a bottle of tommy girl it's the smell of a rainy day in a city, an inoccuous yet relaxing aroma.

Dawndelights
Dawndelights

Smells like a floral lemon to me and a bit sharp, i prefer a creamy lemon, tried it on as it was half price but will not be buying it

maźka1984
maźka1984

Very nice and girly perfume. As much as I am surprised that I have not tested ever tommy girl, but I think the smell familiar. Similar proposals fragrance can be felt in the Avon and oriflamie but it was little bit of power and with Tommy I feel the power.
Smell is nice and all notes are harmoniously composed. I feel abundance of white flowers but the smell is not heavy but light and airy. I do not feel depressed or cucumbers or odor. For me it's a boost of energy, a summer breeze, a bouquet of fresh flowers. As already mentioned - its power is unbelieveable - bravely holds good 7-8 hours and all the time is intense. Not only that - feel it even after the evening bath.

iivanita
iivanita

the problem with any synthetic frag as this is, it cant keep ones interest for a long time,, this is like plastic flower, beautiful synthetic one, nice original exotic and aquatic choice of notes, it smells like silver florals white scent, but will never ever win my nose after i finish this bottle of 30 ml, no difference to putting air Freshener on , the same quality of ingredients and the composition is 5 stars, for perfume to be 5 star perfume , material and composition must be the best! one does not suffice for excellence

phantomplan
phantomplan

floral scent, and i love it so much....if you like floral scent,you must buy and its too long stay power.

katarinacza
katarinacza

As for me it's only about lemon. All I can smell is strong and overwhelming lemon, that gives me a headache. There's nothing more to it. I got it as a present and used it a few times but each and every time I just felt nausea. I like fresh fragrances but this one is not for me. As for longevity it's just average, but for me it was a big benefit. Maybe it's only on me and somebody else might like it, but I just gave it away - sour lemon and something chemical - it was just too much to handle for my nose.

MaddieClfd
MaddieClfd

I must have been 18-19? My dad asked me what perfume I wanted and I answered Tommy Girl as my mates seemed to like it then. Yep... I wanted it because it was popular.

So I got it and I really like it at first, I mean first few times I wore until one day, I remember sitting in a classroom close to my mate and I asked her what that strange smell was. She answered 'I'm pretty sure it's you'. It was me, I felt nauseous and I had to wear it for a few hours until I could wash it off myself.

I can't stand it, I really can't, Tommy Girl or anything else that smells similar. I can't smell any citrus, it's a cucumber, cold, green cucumber. And some floral notes.

Seriously - this kind of smells don't agree with me.

I do like certain fresh frags - Be Delicious, Light Blue, but not this one...

AeronBranwen
AeronBranwen

I really liked this one until one day I wore to work and it just turned really sour on me. For the rest of the day all I could smell was sour lemon ugh.

xabaras
xabaras

Tommy Girl seems different on my skin each time I put it on. I am quite ambivalent about this fragrance: sometimes I really like it and sometimes I just can't stand it to the point of headache. I think that the problem I have is that it is very girlie and the combination of notes just confuses my brain. Which is kind of odd: immediately after spraying it I always find it fresh and charming, but my skin doesn't react well with floral fragrances and there is a strange sour note in the drydown which disturbs me deeply.

domodomo
domodomo

Wore this in my early 20s, and used to get compliments all the time. First fragrance I was ever addicted to. Not sure if the scent is super youthful or if I just associate it with my own immaturity at the time I was wearing it. :)
This would be a great for a teenage girl, but I don't think I could wear it now, maybe only in the summer.

Mom2Dano
Mom2Dano

This reminds me of my teenage years. A light, fresh, citrus, bright & floral scent. It is a unique scent and I haven't found anything that compares. I've had the big and small bottles and used them both up, maybe a couple sprays left of the smaller bottle. It's a nice daytime scent for spring and summer. I really like this perfume. I don't so much care for the lotion, but the perfume is great!

bluemel
bluemel

this is a very beautiful rose fragrance.
Reminds me of Spring.

Kapuzik
Kapuzik

When I tested it in store i really liked it. Very strong citrusy flowers... but... At home I cannot stand it for a 10 seconds. S o strong and cases headache.

Soutty123
Soutty123

I never wore this when it was popular - when I was young I wanted to smell sopisticated so wore pefumes like No5 and Arpege. Now I want to appear younger so I have bought Tommy girl and I really like it. A great perfume for work, it is very bright and fresh.

TanteSimone
TanteSimone

I seem to be one of the few who haven't actually worn Tommy Girl. I was a teen back in the 90's and I belong to the Clinique Happy camp. However, I smelled Tommy Girl a lot and I think it is a very amicable fragrance--great light florals, lots of citrus, and a fresh summery vibe. It is a 90's prototype fragrance and I wish I could wear it and finish a bottle.

jellytot
jellytot

Had it during my college years, it smelled great then. tried it again when i got a job, but at 25 it doesnt smell the same. i guess i grew out of it.

gabygol
gabygol

Another fragrance I got as a gift, maybe to make me smell young and fresh. Used it as a daily fragrance but didn't really like it. It was nicely citric and long-lasting, but boring. Boooooring. Even the bottle is boring. Do you know that cheap street market fragrances have this very vessel? Yes. Tommy didn't even take the time to create a concept, he just bought some cheap bottle in the street. As we say in Mexico, "es de batalla", something like "just to graze the cattle"...

lavender sage
lavender sage

I begged my mom in 8th grade to receive a bottle of this for Christmas. I had it in my head that a spritz of this lovely, clean scent would magically turn me into one of the "popular" girls who wore this, too.
Luckily, it didn't - those girls went on to smell like hemp and weed when we got to high school...

Perfumegoddess23
Perfumegoddess23

I got so many compliments countless times so it must be that good!!!!

nightcat23
nightcat23

This was my signature scent back in highschool, I think it was for a lot of girls! It's a fresh, sporty, casual yet sophisticated scent. Almost like a lemony cologne. A nice blend of citrus and inoffensive florals.

I loved it then and I love it now. It's pretty, versatile yet still 'innocent' smelling.

scentofpeace
scentofpeace

Pure green tea for me. maybe even a little lemongrass. love it!

Kellenalexis
Kellenalexis

A little too clean and citrus for me. Definitely not my favorite.

Rotha
Rotha

Every now and then I come across a perfume that makes me feel nauseous
and sadly this is one. Initially I loved it but half an hour in and a headache has joined the ropey stomach .I would love to know what they have in common so I can avoid it !

TumiNkosi
TumiNkosi

Clean, fresh, carefree fragrance. Reminds me of days gone by, and of the dreams I had for myself back then. It has such great memories. I still love it, 13 years down the line. It's a simple fragrance that just works.

BriiBunny95
BriiBunny95

I think this is the typical "teen girl" perfume, it smells clean, fresh, with a hint of citrus and it reminds me of a warm summer day playing volleyball or having a fun time with your friends.

I got it as a gift from my mum last christmas and i love it! I really like wearing it in the cold weather as it gives a nice "pick me up" when the weather is gloomy.

I've noticed most people don't really think much of the bottle but i really like it, it looks neat and solid and i guess it would be the perfect perfume for a pretty, smart, fun and cheerfull teen girl :P Just like me!

Chloe&Lillian
Chloe&Lillian

I dont like it, its quite strong at the beginning, and it's quite generic, just like a normal young lady...

annettepe
annettepe

i tried this perfume today on my wrist and didnt expect much from it because i tend to judge a perfume by its bottle. i walked around for a while and smelled something fresh and realized it was tommy girl. its such a feminine, girly, clean and sophisticated fragrance. i really really like this and am thinking of getting it.

im surprised people notice the lemon note the most. i really dont like fragrances with strong lemon notes and i feel like this one has just the perfect amount of lemon that adds to the freshness of this perfume. to me its quiet floral with faint sweetness of the fruity notes. if i would describe this fragrance i would say it smells like an expensive soap, in a very nice way. if you want a pleasant and inoffensive smell this is definitely the perfume. it seems like a fragrance thats so easy to wear if you dont want anything overwhelming.

miss mills
miss mills

I've worn and liked a few TH frags in my time but I need painkillers to even attempt to wear this one. It guarantees me an instant headache and there aren't too many I can't at least tolerate til they wear off!

On other people, I've caught a pleasant passing whiff, sporty, light, fruity but even the thought of it reminds me of those headaches. I don't know anything about the actual ingredient that makes this unwearbale for me but maybe there's a chemical additive that doesn't agree with my makeup? I have no idea, whichever way - PASS!

Aftrhrs
Aftrhrs

This is my go to travel fragrance. It is light and fresh so it works on a tropical holiday or a sporty summer day. Occasionally I use it during the winter for a "lift". It is easily the one fragrance I get asked about the most. Always receive positive compliments on it.

celebrity89
celebrity89

I can tolerate most perfumes. This is one of the few I cannot stomach. I really don't see this as a "young, fresh" frag. It reminds me of a really strong martini.
Liz Claiborne copied this with LizSport and made it even worse.

meama
meama

4)Waaa, the opening of the fragrance is interesting, grass cut, freshness distinguished, and a strong resemblance with Diorella (Dior)... but what is this evolution? Everything seems to interfere and cut grass now becomes cloying, after 5 min.
This is exactly the smell of the locker room after school sports when teenagers imbibe themselves with cheap deodorant, all at the same time.
This is a fragrance that ultimately became "cheap", with horrific changes on the skin but a nice trail for those who love the freshness of their floor cleaner.
To be clear it's fresh but chemical, wearable only by people who have never like the natural odors of real plants.

beetruth
beetruth

I feel like I'm late to the party as I did not get to experience this during my teenage years.

Wow, this scent is beautiful.
After you first spray it, it's a little bit sharp and too flowery for my taste but as it develops, it becomes more pleasant and pretty. The flower is just right. Tommy Girl really makes me feel fresh and happy all day long.

piapedersen
piapedersen

Fresh and sporty. To me, it's a summer scent for daywear. I agree with afraafra that it can be considered a unisex scent because the citrus note is so strong. A good scent.

mayazakiyaa
mayazakiyaa

One of my all-time favorites; gotta get another bottle. To me this is one of the most unique scents; there's nothing i can think of that smells even remotely like it. Sometimes when i would send packages to friends in the mail i would give a couple of sprays before i closed the box, and when i talked to them the first thing they would say was, "omg that box smelled sooooo good, it reminded me of you!" This is good stuff!

cinnamonswirl
cinnamonswirl

The lemon, tea and floral notes in Tommy Girl are gorgeously fresh and crisp, and I was in love with this perfume when I first got it. After a few of days of wear, though, I started to find fault. Tommy Girl contains too many of those cheap, fuzzy musks that are common in scented deodorants. They give a rather unfortunate 'sporty' tone to TG, and for some reason became more noticeable with repeated use.
Overall, still good for the price. Maybe I'll wear it to the gym.

nitschevo
nitschevo

I just love this perfume. It has this amazing clean smell but without being citrusy or soapy. Because of this I thought I'd fell for the Clean perfumes as well but there is something sweet in them I can't stand. Nothing compares to Tommy Girl, it does stand out and is unique. Everytime I wear it I get compliments a lot "you smell so godd - what is that?".

Fizzy
Fizzy

An exceptionally good smelling tea perfume with fresh opening and fruity sweet delicious dry down.
I sprayed over and over in the summer and got a huge headache. So spray sparingly and test it first, if the chemical in it not turn you crazy.

xVal
xVal

I liked it at first, but started disliking.
All I smell on me is the lemon(maybe mint alittle),it fades the other smells, and its just too sour for me,disappointed.

*mint note

danimcneil

I am finally going to write a review about one of my favorite scents of all time. I started wearing this in middle school (along with cool water...u all know that time period.) And I still love it! I find it full bodied, floral green and slightly aquatic. I don't see it as a fruity floral. I feel Tommy girl can be a gorgeous scent for a casual day, or for a more elegant setting. I love love the king note, probably my favorite note in the entire scent. I don't think anyone can call themselves a perfumista until they experience this one. Even though its not niche, oriental , etc like all those that "experienced " perfumistas rave about... I believe it is a masterpiece in it's own right.

tuba
tuba

I love this perfume. Tommy Girl is so soft and comfy. It is easy to wear this perfume during day time. I can't say anything else about this perfume. Nice scent :)

vonwinklestine
vonwinklestine

I bought this yesterday. It's getting colder now and it's more of a summer perfume, but I've always wanted this and thought i'd get it since it was on offer for £12 for 30ml

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

This is so crisp and clean like a summer breeze, the wonderful florals and crisp fruits, lemons and the slight mint. So refreshing and so totally American. I will be wearing this on a vacation to the Greek Isles and I think it is just perfect. One of my new favorites. Sometimes one of the most unassuming fragrances can be a stunner. Luca Turin was certainly right about this one. Dries down to just a lovely fresh floral slightly sharp citrusy with a tad of mint smell that I love.

lbean
lbean

Tops notes a *very* sharp and citrus but it settles into a nice, fresh and clean floral scent. Very pleasant and a great choice for summer!

I really don't think it's that light of a fragrance or a particularly casual scent. It's definately a scent for the warmer months but pretty versatile as well. I would use this day or night, in a wide range of occasions.

And I do get the "unisex" thing about it, but for me it is more feminine than not.

Sweetnsexy
Sweetnsexy

I love this! Reminds me of the 90's. I use to wear this all the time back then. Fun and care free!

HelloKim
HelloKim

Got this today for my birthday. I love it. I am used to wear really heavy scents, this one is fresh but also strong, perfect.

It reminds me of fresh laundry.

gingerbreadrat
gingerbreadrat

why did i feel like i was the one chasing you? you set a trap effortlessly and i gave no resistance. teeth slightly crooked, the most adorable little gap. blue eyes and wire frames. i felt like i was laughing into your chest when we hugged, i smiled so hard my face hurt, but i kept laughing. and that smell was what enveloped me. like home. close my eyes, here i am sucking you in through my nostrils again between your breasts on your heart beat. making out on your mattress on the floor, all robins egg blue. listening to bif naked and just holding eachother. this is how you always smelled. my first love. and i'm still head over heels for my tommy girl.

surfbum
surfbum

Reminds me of middle school, when EVERY girl wore this perfume... including me. It smells okay, not my favorite, although I do enjoy it's clean scent. It just remidns me of the Tommy Girl fad, and perhaps that is why I wouldn't repurchase this again.

Scarlette
Scarlette

I am not into aquatics, and find this very "Meh"...this IS considered a 5* masterpiece by The Master Luca Turin though...

scorpiosheep
scorpiosheep

This was always going to be a risky sample, as I so rarely fall in love with anything "popular" and how popular was this??? Anyway, sure enough, it's way too aquatic for me. I liked the initial burst of mint and cucumber, but it all too soon became another fresh, blue watery sporty thing. Eminently suitable for energetic young teens/20's but definitely not one that appeals to me.

darius.ryde
darius.ryde

i love this scent. it's young and absolately fresh..

smritivsingh
smritivsingh

Too Strong and slightly masculine... strictly OK.

KatyK
KatyK

I hate blackcurrant and I hate mint - but I love this! Which all goes to show - the notes mean nothing til you actually try it on your skin. It is a perfect summer scent - so light, bright and refreshing. I do smell tea even though it is absent from the notes and I really enjoy it. And it proves another point, that the price tag also does not matter if it smells good on you. Another winner from Calice Becker.

Ladyofthe80s
Ladyofthe80s

LOVE Tommy Girl!! Such a beautiful fragrance and I will never tire of wearing it. Peace.

Shoshi
Shoshi

This is a "fresh" aquatic chemically mess. Not sure why it gets high reviews.

Namyra
Namyra

too much citrucy and not very feminine. Absolutely not my match.

louanna
louanna

Sorry Tommy Girl, I don't like you at all. I thought it will smell more like honeysuckle, but to me and on me it smells harsh and medicinal, like some cheap soap or air freshener. I guess, it was not meant to be. Glad though that so many can enjoy it!

sally.boxhall
sally.boxhall

This is one of a very few (theres maybe three of them) perfumes that I have finished the bottle & repurchased! That`s got to say something? Its initial blast is quite strong, tart, `high` - thats the only way I can describe it, with a fresh, dry tea note too - it then mellows out to a pretty, white floral - but its the drydown that is just lovely - musky, sweet, soft & it lasts forever! I have never been more complimented on a perfume than this, by people I know & complete strangers! Very summery to me, maybe also too young for me now - the only thing I dislike about this scent is that it is so instantly recognisable & wayyyy too popular!

drummagick
drummagick

There is a park near here that has a lot of honeysuckle growing on the fenceline on the riverside, and an apple orchard on the other side and linden trees in the middle. At a certain time of year, this area of the park smells heavenly. I passed a young woman yesterday who smelled much like this and asked her what she was wearing. She said Tommy Girl. She was wearing it sparingly so you had to be very close to her to smell it, and she smelled like a bouquet of very fresh flowers. Absolutely lovely. I suspect this perfume is much too young for me, but I have ordered a bottle to wear for myself at home.

mrsrelos
mrsrelos

this smells delightful... my coworker always says i smell like fresh flowers... :) i love this scent!

mandy.may

love this smell,staying power excellent

Dori_T
Dori_T

The only good thing about this perfume is the staying power, which is all day. The first blast is antiseptic and soapy, more like someone washing their hands than a woman kissing a man on the beach. I thought I would like it because of the reviews, but although it plays great with my skin, my nose has a firm refusal of this scent. My 13 year old sister loves it though, so I'm giving it to her for her birthday. I used it on a date I wasn't enthused about, and the guy kept sniffing me, so I guess it's a dude-friendly smell?

pum.ohse
pum.ohse

I like the beginning but the drydown on my skin smells awful.

Jan246
Jan246

a fresh, crisp scent for the young or young-at-heart. perfect for hot summer days.

misstierra05
misstierra05

This was my first teen scent as well, I remember having two bottles of this. Back then you couln't tell me nothing, I wore Tommy Hilfiger everything....back then.

tygrrrlily505
tygrrrlily505

This was my very first perfume. I received it for Christmas as a tween. I loved it at that age, but didn't repurchase it after I finished the bottle. It's a nice scent, but it isn't the best thing out there. Definitely appropriate for a young person.

mamasgotguns
mamasgotguns

Tried on my skin today. I was so looking forward to it. Huge disappointment. Smelled like honey gone bad.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Omg blast from the past! I had this about 13 years ago (I think. I was in middle school when I owned it!) and it just brings back memories!! Smells like my youth. Nice and fresh and classic. I would love to smell it again just to feel that wave of nostalgia.

sawhalen
sawhalen

It's pretty strong, but very citrusy and smells pretty nice.

Lushylori
Lushylori

I used to wear this one a lot when I was 18 -20 but then all my girlfriends started borrowing it before we would go out and totally over sprayed themselves thinking that the more ya spray the better they'd smell lol..Not true!!!
Because I always like to be set apart from the masses,I changed my signature scent to ICI by coty :)
You can't go wrong with wearing Tommy girl Though....Well unless you bathe in it and have all your girls wearing it at the same time that you are but all around,,This is a great scent and can be worn every day.
I miss Tommy girl and I need to get me some more soon to bring back some memories :)
IMO there is nothing to dislike about this fragrance at all.
I would recomend it for sure :)

Matt Oldham
Matt Oldham

To not want to wear it is one thing; maybe you're a Lutens or Amouage or even Nasomatto kind of a person. But to find fault with Tommy Girl because she isn't part of your personal fragrance romance is a kind of neurotic projection. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean there's something wrong. Tommy Girl is like Levis jeans or the Golden Gate Bridge, unimprovable and a monument of American taste. I am not working for the company; it's how I really feel. The white tea smell is intoxicating and the flowers are at just the right volume and pitch. It's a smell of the dream fantasy summer at the beach, of the first week back at college for sophomore year, of feeling great after showering following a swim workout and studying in jeans and flannel shirts in fall weather; in a word it's everything that all of the Ralph Lauren, Abercrombie and Fitch and...Tommy Hilfiger advertising and marketing machinery are not: authentic. A simple beautiful smell for beautiful simple moments, rather than the creepy hollow ersatz ones choreographed by Bruce Weber.

But as a Mariage Frères fanatic who can't live without their tea-scented candles and incense or their wonderful tea in black tins, I am especially thrilled that something like Tommy Girl, which came out of research of the smells in their Paris store in the Marais, is available at every Walgreens, that popular American culture could absorb such exquisite Parisian refinement and win. Franco-American cooperation at it's best.

I just bought Osmanthe Yunnan from Hermès, which is also a tea scent that came out of analytic smelling at Mariage Frs and it is similarly joyous and radiant and a beautiful simple smell for beautiful simple moments. It has a lot of things that TG doesn't, and it is more like-wow breathe-deep and close your eyes...but Tommy Girl is just as great in her own Tommy Girl way.

Narmis
Narmis

A classic scent by Tommy Hilfiger, can't go wrong with this one :)

lubaina
lubaina

I bought this perfume 2 days ago.Actually its for the upcoming summer.I wanted it for a long time.My aunt used to use it and i loved the smell.Everytime i went to buy it,somehow i end up buing something else.but now i found a 30 ml bottle and bout it.Its very fresh and nice.Nothing wow but perfect 4 summer.I get lemon.lime.mint and camelia.But drydown is great leather and jasmin and ceader.like it....

Belladonna_dea
Belladonna_dea

I think what ruined this for me was the many girls that wore it in school. It smelled good on only a few people and the rest just wore it because it was cool, not bothering to care if it smelled good with their PH or not. Now, it literally makes me sick.

peppermint136
peppermint136

I like this a lot.

Tommy Girl smells like spearmint and camelia, with a fresh undertone. It is a spring/summer scent.

Bottle: 7/10
Staying power: 8/10 (8 hours)

Overall I would repurchase this charming, timeless scent.

justi
justi

I just love it. It's fresh, it's sexy and good value for money. Always in my collection.

DiBonD
DiBonD

It's unisex fragrance for the young at heart. Good for spring and summer. The top notes are very dominant, I can smell the fruity notes. The longevity is very good, it makes my day.

paumag
paumag

My always-perfum !!! Vey hard scent , too much lemon !

Whit
Whit

I had this when it first came out; I was 16 at the time. I really liked it as it made me feel like one of those preppy, popular girls at school. This is very fresh and energizing and the lasting power is terrific too. Tommy Girl is an unmistakable scent; if somebody is wearing it, I can always pick it out in the crowd. With that being said, it's a very pleasant aroma and when I catch a whiff on somebody, it brings back some of those fun high school memories. Such a happy, lively frag! I don't know if I would ever revisit; I may just leave it tied to those memories. :)

Fre.peo.jas.fig7
Fre.peo.jas.fig7

Yummy with a kick. This is one of my favs, very zesty and unique. Love it.

charry
charry

Top Notes: Orange, Lemon.

Heart Notes: Lemon, Blackberry, Jasmine.

Base Notes: Tea, Blackberry, Sandalwood.

I received this as a gift from a close friend and couldn't decide whether I'd like it; in my experience, fragrances that stem from fashion branches are usually awful. Personally, I'm much more comfortable with sweet/white floral/fruity scents and it's safe to say that the first squirt of this fragrance is a swarm of citrus notes. For this reason I wasn't all that confident about the fragrance, however, as it morphs and changes it becomes a fresh, wearable, autumnal scent. Thought it wouldn't be my first choice of fragrance, it's inexpensive and, overall, smells good.

7/10.

Notes: It's worth noting that me picking up on these scents may only be a result of my skin chemistry. It's probably not wise to buy a fragrance based on reviews alone. Have a sniff yourself.

s.pa_pandora
s.pa_pandora

It's hard to believe that it is cologne. Strong sillage and longevity are better than some edp that I used. The scent is o.k for me all seasons. Too proud to try it!!! 10! 10! 10!

Midwestgirl
Midwestgirl

I love Tommy Girl! Its hard for me to describe this fragrance, but I do notice a grassy, sharp, dry floral, and woody scent. And its definitely not masculine; I cannot imagine a man wearing this...that would be strange. This fragrance is for all ages; I've never thought of it as age specific. My daughter wore this in High School and I never considered wearing it. Her friend's mother wore it at the time, too. A few years later I tried some on at the Dept. Store where I work and I loved it on me! Surprise! It just worked. There are only a few fragrances that I can wear that I really think are perfect for me, and this is one of them. I get so many compliments each time I wear it. I think Tommy Girl is a perfect combination and blend of a wonderful perfume! Truly awesome!! :o)

doodoowap
doodoowap

I think this is a perfume for teenagers but I like treating myself from time to time as if I were a teenage girl and I buy it. It reminds me of summer days during my childhood and adolescence, hanging around with friends, going to the beach, enjoying the easy way of life.

Lozza16
Lozza16

This was my first perfume, It's very fresh and floral smelling. It's a great summer scent. I still really like this perfume because it brings back alot of good memories. But I don't tend to wear it any more.

Ditto25
Ditto25

I didn't find this scent to be very fruity or floral. I would say it has a slight citrus smell. I don't love TG but I also don't hate it. It isn't a bad smell I just wouldn't want to smell like it. Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren fragrance tend to be more masculine scents. I think Tommy Girl is slightly more feminine than most by TH and RL, but I wouldn't call it a feminine fragrance. I prefer Ralph Lauren Romance because it is more feminine and floral. Tommy Girl is a good fragrance though. I do have 90's flashbacks whenever I smell it. I would consider CK1, Tommy Girl, and Sunflowers as 90's fragrances since every girl I knew back than had or wanted them.

debgrae
debgrae

Headache inducing, too floral, and very strong. I was looking for a spearmint smell. After the dry down (or calm down in this case) i found spearmint somewhat, but will not put up with eye irritation and headache to get to it. Gave it to my 16-year old daughter who also likes to try perfumes and does not have the allergies I have. She really liked it - though it was not as fruity as she normally likes. If anyone knows of a good spearmint smell - even if it's a little masculine - let me know!

KayliNulph
KayliNulph

I love the smell!! How long do u think it lasts??

Penny_Lane

I has a very light scent, it reminds me of the smell of the rain. I would say sensual instead of sexy.

jtd
jtd

Tommy girl is derided for being cheap and ubiquitous, but to my mind, easily available, relatively inexpensive and brilliant are a perfume trifecta.

I know it’s a bit of a stretch, but I see TG as an evolution of the eau de cologne concept. EDC has long been prepared with various elements of citrus (fruit, rind, leaves, flowers, branches), culinary herbs that combine well with citrus (rosemary, lavender, basil), perhaps some other flowers (chamomile, rose, jasmine) and eventually musk. EDC works because when you wear it, the refreshing, bracing feels doesn’t require a day’s commitment (it doesn’t last long) and because you could easily want to drink it. The same could be said of TG.

The citrus/wood/floral portions of an EDC are of a piece, literally, as they all come from citrus plants. That same feel of tart woodiness is found in TG, but in this case, it’s more along the lines of the proudly synthetic metallic flower of Lauder’s Dazzling Silver. The shiny tart floral is encompassing enough to fill the place of the whole citrus gestalt of an EDC. The analogue to cologne’s herbs is an infusion somewhere between black tea and a verbena tisane. Others have called the floral in TG bright or glowing. To my nose, the metallic tang along with the tea’s smokiness makes the flower a bit grim, a bit dark. Its only light is like something radioluminescent under a black light.

Despite Hilfiger marketing’s straight-faced insistence on notes of nominal botanical Americana (American wildflowers or some such garbage---I had thought Tania Sanchez was joking) TG is an abstractly beautiful synthetic perfume. Chemical doesn’t mean fake. This is only an ersatz floral if you call it a floral. To me this is a marvelous, successful piece of synthetic perfumery.

Celsius

Quiet, all-time tea-based scent. Very long-lasting. Definitely value-for-money.

Rach1
Rach1

This is a very strong and fun summer scent! it reminds me of "Warm Sunburst" by the Bodycology brand. One of the best fruity frgrances. Perfect for the beach theme and citris lovers out there. It's like the perfect scent to wake you up in the morning.

Massacura6
Massacura6

For me fresh clean scent like you just came of the shower

cinsot
cinsot

Ah! So that's what Tommy Girl smells like! I can honestly say I have never smelt this perfume before. Unbelievable!

I had read that the nose wanted to create a perfume that captured the native flora of America. This inspiration was enough to capture my curiosity and henceforth I acquired this little gem blind.

I am very fond of the grassy notes and love the idea that Calice Becker has indeed succeeded in honouring America's wildflowers.

An astonishing find.

Grottola
Grottola

Absolutely the best fruity-floral in existence, and the only one of the genre that I can tolerate, Tommy Girl is one of those fragrances that signifies all that is good in perfumery. The kind of perfume that takes you away from where you live and work, away from the computer and Fragrantica, and places you somewhere pleasant. The tea note in this one is fantastic - don't get me wrong, Tommy Girl opens up pretty strong and broadcasts herself quite well, but give her a minute or two and you'll be comforted. Tommy Girl is clean, pleasant, and lasts a good while. It smells reliable, enjoyable, and if you love the smell of Tommy Girl, then you should check out Molton Brown's Purify Plum-Kadu Hairwash and Haircondition - they smell identical to Tommy Girl and are great for layering.

beatrix75
beatrix75

o this smell reminds me things from past beuthiful memoris a young girl and a boy ,love, passion, a boy who not exist anymore in the girl life but still its love maybe forever....vell georgeos fresh clean besty clean like a shover in the morning ......still its my big favorite

Di_berry
Di_berry

I bought it today, It was a long time since I smelled it. It was my first perfume and I must say that for me is one of the best perfumes I've tried. It is noted that is a high quality product, Long lasting & very good sillage , is very fruity - floral, It opens very citrusy and fresh and then turns more floral. Great choice for spring and summer. It's a bit flashy but very wearable, I agree that it is for young people.

steph511
steph511

A very fresh, clean, preppy scent that is noticed by many-a passerby! This is definitely a one-spray; it lasts ALL DAY.

kwarnst
kwarnst

I think Tommy Girl is just lovely! A clean, fresh, slightly green floral with uplifting citruses. A fresh blend like tea with lemon in the opening, followed by a ‘flowers and mint’ bouquet. The only flowery note that I can clearly identify is the honeysuckle. The dry down stays fresh, but is more softened and toned down. Jasmine is detectable but is present in a very civilised way.
I think this fragrance is suitable for every age and every occasion, and in my opinion it can even be worn at moments were other (heavier, more present) scents would not be appropriate.
The lasting power is average, sillage is moderate.

jrova
jrova

This is a perfume down memory lane for me (not that I am so grown or old, I'm24).
This was my first perfume. I'd use my mothers perfumes from time to time on special occasions but this was a real perfume for ME I'd ever had.
It was gifted to me by my mom for becoming a "woman" (or mother nature making me one, anyway. I'm sure the ladies know what I am talking about).
I still remember the day I got it. I was so elated, running around excited for having a perfume of my own, I felt like such a grown up. What's better was when I unwrapped it out of its box and I loved the smell. I'm a clean scent type of girl, I like citruses and over all clean scents. Would prefer a clean or citrus scent over florals or spices, but I wear all different genres. However, the fact that I am a locver of clean and citrus scents, I owe that to this perfume.
Would I wear it now? Probably not.
This perfume always takes me back when I smell it.

Christine130880
Christine130880

I just Love this fragrance !!!!
It's my first one,and i wear it for 10 years!
It makes me real good mood.

i like it a lot. i love the honeysuckle in this and also the citrus. the black currant ( which i love ) and the lemon really do this perfume justice. there are a lot of notes in this, but i think they all work together well. this has average lasting power. and imo, this is not unisex. i think its very sweet/fruity and quite feminine. not a man's scent at all. i wouldn't want my man wearing this. altho, i'm not into unisex fragrances at all anyway.

gaby8888
gaby8888

I wore Tommy Girl for 11 years of my life... When I met my first love I was wearing it, 7 years later he still was complimenting me for my fragrance... Even tho I dont use it anymore, and he and I no longer talk to each other.. Im quite sure he will never forget me.. Do I need to say more?

DaZeD
DaZeD

I bought this for my first serious girlfriend, i loved the smell so much, i sniffed the bottle all the time before giving it to her when it was her birthday, when i smell it now i don't really like it anymore, it's just a really girlisch teen smell.A very good smell, but it lost my interest.

renujean
renujean

One bad perfume experience is more than enough to put me off this particular fragrance for the rest of my life.

Early spring last year, I received this fragrance as a gift and I had promised myself that I'd give it a try. One spray behind each earlobes and out the door I went. I will never forget how mauseating the scent was and how sick it had made me feel in the stomach.

Such a horrible scent this is.

MizLiz
MizLiz

Honestly, I am flattered that Luca Turin regards this as one of the greatest perfumes ever made. Why? Because I picked it for myself when I was 12! It was my first real perfume. I think I smelled a tester in a magazine and then asked for it for my birthday or Christmas. And I got it. This was the height of the shower-fresh-and-clean craze of the 1990s: Soapy and bright and blinding white are the best words I can think of to describe Tommy Girl. Would I wear it now? Oh, Lord, no! No more than I would listen to a Spice Girls album or wear 3-inch-thick platform sandals again. But the memories will always be there.

smartypants1562000
smartypants1562000

my husband likes this scent more than i do. I will wear it for him

coconutpixie
coconutpixie

i do not think that this scent is very fruity.. maybe only at the beginning. to my mind its a clean fresh scent good for summer days as it is not that sweet or sharp. i would definitely wear it but it will never be my favourite scent.however, all in all i like it.

KeyCi Fresh
KeyCi Fresh

I bought this cologne like 2 or 3 weeks ago... I kind of like it, I just thought that Tommy girl was soapy, but to me it is very fruity; I can smell pears in it, but pear isn't in any of the notes discribded here, hehehe... :P

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

I really wasn't expecting anything because the bottle was so boring! What a delightful surprise!!! A dewy, soft fragrance that transports you to a valley of fresh flowers and blue skies with puffy white clouds. Love at first sight (sniff)...

servana
servana

Ah, just classic. That's all I have to say. This is a classic fragrance! Timeless. Floral, fruity, lovely.

Louw
Louw

This is a nice, simple fragrance of floral notes with a citrussy undercurrent. It's fresh and vibrant and doesn't overpower the wearer. There's nothing outstanding about it, in my view, but it's a good, wearable all-rounder.

karlovonamesti
karlovonamesti

A high quality fragrance made with admittedly low quality ingredients. If this were made with better chemicals and infusions of real elements, it would smell like a top notch perfume. As it stands, Tommy Girl is quite amiable and pleasant, although a bit vague and linear in its evolution. I get a hit of bright tea off the top, followed immediately by a lovely melding of berry and jasmine. Not earth shattering by any means, but worthy of a bottle and I love how easy it is for me, a 30 yr-old guy, to wear this. So far it's the only feminine fragrance I can pull off without a second thought, and that's saying something.

Sweet Caroline
Sweet Caroline

I sell fragrance for a living but with this one, I am still undecided as to whether or not it's worthy of my financial investment.

The scent on me (and on a tester card) smells like bananas.. Does anyone else have this impression?

I also think that the Beckhams' new Summer fragrance for women smells a lot like Tommy Girl. I don't dislike either but am on the fence about both.

banshee3
banshee3

Tommy Girl was my very first fragrance given to me by my dad when I was about 9 years old. When I wore it, I felt so special and grown-up.It has a crisp, clean, and delicate smell that lingers on you all day long. It is so funny, I used to spray it on everything including my backpack for school and all of my stuffed animals in my room. My pet cat even smelled like Tommy Girl! I always have a bottle of it to wear on a day to remember my childhood and think of my dad, who has since passed away.

My favorite notes are the citrus, apple tree blossom, and the leather which all blend together so nicely.

sparkling9
sparkling9

Long-lasting

arimegahot
arimegahot

EN ESPAÑOL!
LA USO DESDE LA PREPARATORIA, EN DONDE ME LA ACABE POR QUE LA USABA DIARIO Y COMO SIEMPRE ME PREGUNTABAN MI PERFUME ME PONIA MUCHO. CUANDO LA ACABE LA EXTRAÑE MUCHO HACE POCO LA VOLVÍ A COMPRAR. LA USO PARA IR AL TRABAJO EN LOS DIAS MUY SOLEADOS, TAMBIEN QUEDA DE NOCHE PARA SALIDAS CASUALES. TOTALMENTE RECOMENDABLE LE DOY UN 10.

full_of_colours
full_of_colours

A little boring, not a wow scent.

It says 'plain Jane'.

crypticdreams
crypticdreams

Cologne is defo better than edp...i love tommy girl

Patribella
Patribella

Teenage Scent 2000. Every high school girl was wearing it and the more I smelled it around me, the more I loathed myself for jumping the bandwagon, even if only for a week or two.

A great scent for the implied demographic. Otherwise, a no go.

Gingerwoman

I like it a lot but am I allowed to wear this at age 40?

Upon initial application, TOMMY GIRL seemed to me a rough draft of J'ADORE. I was pleasantly surprised, in fact, having expected some sort of chemical nightmare. My relief, however, was shortlived, as over the course of the next fifteen minutes or so most of the J'ADORE florality disappeared into the cosmos to be replaced by a somewhat generic-smelling, clear synthetic, sort-of-citrus, sort-of-aqua, sort-of-emetic, chemical solvent-smelling substance which induced in me a severe headache.

This *might* smell okay on paper, but I'm not a piece of paper, so it's definitely not for me. Désolée.

paula68
paula68

one of my favorites! so youthful, bubbly and makes a good mood!

lm431
lm431

A perfume I had in my early teens, only because everyone else had it. It well reflects the 1990s attitudes and I don't think it quite fits in with the new fruity/ floral/ cupcake perfume trend in teenagers.

On my skin it smelt cheap and synthetic, but I'll put it down to chemistry, as there do seem to be a lot of very positive reviews.

On the right person i think this would be great as an individual scent, particularly in the UK where I think this scent is less popular than it ever was on the other side of the Atlantic.

Even though I'm not keen on it now, I will always hold a special place in my heart as my first ever perfume. I wouldn't like to see the day when Tommy Girl wasn't being sold on the high street.

chaos2
chaos2

It was a gift and I tried and tried to like it. There was something about it that burned my nose. It gave me a headache.

Fragaria
Fragaria

My son loves this one. I bought a bottle and can't remember if I used it all or not. I agree with NNN. I'm sure some would love this but just not very many. If you love it....JOY! If you don't love it, it is just a scent that exists and not much more. I agree it could be unisex also. I might prefer it on a man before a woman.

NNN
NNN

I got two bottles of Tommy Girl a couple years ago.
When I'm wearing it, I get a lot of compliments, but I don't like this fragrance.
How ironic is this?
Anyway, I used my two bottles, got some compliments and that's all.
I really dislike Tommy Girl and even though people like it on me, it's not worth it. Terrible lasting power (it's a cologne), floral and citrusy at the same time, creating a (cheap, terrible) lemon soap smell.
Sorry potential flirts, but I'm never gonna wear this again.

Vamy69
Vamy69

A friend of mine wears this and it smells great on her but on me it smells like bad lemon furniture polish. I really like it on others just not on me sadly.

Valentino
Valentino

It's a great day when I find myself agreeing with that monumental plonker known as Luca Turin. Yes, yes and thrice yes I say, Tommy Girl is an unpretentious masterpiece from the 90s!

It is a symphony where the individual notes are near impossible to pick out, yet the overall effect is dazzling. (Givenchy's Amarige is another such beauty from the 90s which creates a similar effect).

Going by what I read in Turin's guide, this is a tea based frag. That means Camellia Sinensis, not your common or garden Camellia. I *think* that is the magic ingredient which gives the grassy aspect some people mention. Add some mandarin, violet, blackcurrant, and more refreshing florals like jasmine, honeysuckle and lily, et voila, we have Tommy Girl. Cheerful, invigorating, lively, energizing, restorative, bracing. (Yess, I borrowed aquila_2009 to write this review!!).

For a moment, standing there in TJ Hughes discount store this lunchtime I thought I had attained Nirvana. Yes, folks, it's that good. Implausible silage and longevity for such a sparkler. The only negative is a hotel soap drydown which is less interesting but still stimulating.

Now I can add another feminine to my list of 'gender benders'. I smell GOOD!

Aredore
Aredore

Tommy Girl, launched in the mid-nintees, was arguably the first of a long line of fruity-florals now flooding the market, and perhaps one of the best.

What sets Tommy Girl apart from other apple-floral scents, like the DKNY line, is the persistent, grassy dryness of it's base. Cedar, vetiver and leather - a dirt-like combination - form the roots a fragrance that smells of the first dry winds of early summer.

Tommy Girl opens strong with juicy blackcurrant and apple nestled in an accord smelling faintly of fresh lily of the valley. The fruits pass by and the heart of the fragrance reveals itself as a delicately rich floral, a full, herbaceous blend of wildflowers featuring lily, jasmine and soft rose. Tommy Girl is a fragrance of layered transparency, a perfume that has mastered the art of quiet gravity.

A smiling rendition of cK One, Tommy Girl is quite unisex, and is appropriate for any gender.

LovelySally
LovelySally

I like it, when I spray this scent, it makes me smile. I feel like being younger again, at the beach, swimming and enjoying giggles. :)

romrom
romrom

I can't think of any girl in my high school that didn't wear this. I think that it's a nice scent but just nice, nothing more nothing less

havanadaydream
havanadaydream

Loved it when it came on the scene and wore it out ! Not now though , too green-y fresh for me now. I gotta have my Hot Couture and Ange ou Demon Le Secret :) Guess I have learned SOMETHING !

NicoleET88
NicoleET88

I wore this until there wasn't a drop left in the bottle. I was about 13 years old. Happy memories. Wouldn't wear it anymore, though. I remember it being very sporty and juicy. Lots of citrus. It was a clean scent that didn't offend my mothers delicate little nose, even when I sprayed too much on. Worked better for late spring, early summer. A little too crisp for cooler months.

giokathleen@mail.ru
giokathleen@mail.ru

Today I bought this kind of fragrance but in concetration 'deodorant' and i should to say -It is adorable. Love it. And he has long lasting. And cologne has the same smelling? Huh? what is the difference between deodorant and cologne? Thank you! ;-)

By the way this fragrance sounds like Dazzling from Estee Lauder.

TankGirl
TankGirl

I wore this when I was a teenager too. Really fresh, sporty and young. Perfect for teens but nowadays they want to smell like cupcakes!! Honestly I cant pick any note in particular and actually I dont even want to try it because this perfume is really well blended and its so easy going. I think this is not one of those perfumes that you spend 2 hours thinking about it.
Its just a fresh, perfect summer scent that you can wear at day or night with a pair of jeans.
This was one of my teenage love affairs and I will always remember it with a lot of "saudade".

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

I used to have this back in high school... I wore it mostly because it was the thing to have, not because I actually cared for it. I think it's a light everyday wear kind of scent, not offensive and very safe. It doesn't really stand out or make a statement. And it's not really one of those fragrances that will have anyone stop to ask what you are wearing either.

guest_enna
guest_enna

i love this cologne...it stays longer and my friends love it too..i had two bottles already ;)

ronnieroo88
ronnieroo88

My mother wore this in the mid 90's and it's still one of my favorite perfumes.

It's a bright greeny and slightly juicy scent to me. In the first few minutes after spraying it can be a bit sharp and alcholic but that fades very quickly and it settles into a very pleasent, clean and fresh fragrance.

Tommy girl makes me think of the all-American girl in cut-off jean shorts walking through a meadow on a bright sunny day :D

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

I couldn't bring myself to like this fragrance, despite its glowing review by Luca Turin. In some ways it reminds me of Moschino's Funny!...which IS funny because I absolutely love that scent. But Funny! is fresh, crisp, energetic, and bright...while Tommy Girl is soured, cloying, faded, and stale to my nose.

Rainydaze nailed it when she said it was as flat as lemon dish soap...I couldn't agree more. Very bitter and lemony to me without the lovely tea notes I get in Funny! I also find it too masculine, for me at least, which is odd considering I usually like unisex fragrances.

All in all...not ENOUGH tea, and not my cup OF tea!

AmandaK
AmandaK

My friend used to share this with me back in middle school. Good times. I love the notes of green tea especially.It brings back good memories with each sniff :)

guest_Amélie
guest_Amélie

Another blind purchase : believe it or not, it was impossible to find it in France. I was looking for a simple, clean scent for everyday wear.
It didn't like the headnotes. I couldn't smell the citrus at all : all I got was tea, tea and more tea. Eventually it became a crisp, white floral. It is nice, but not at all what I was looking for. I'm not throwing the bottle away but I don't think I'll buy it again.

MrsTefee
MrsTefee

This took a while to grow on me. I like it though, the dry down appeals to me a lot -I think because of the jasmine in it- its just the first citrusy blast that was hard to get used to but it really is a nice perfume for summer! Very fresh and awakening!

Lottis
Lottis

Stubborn and flirty one! It would not give up.
I used it in my teens and had forgotten it completely. I found it in the back of my collection, still unspoilt ... and I must admit I actually still like it.

Envis och flörtig en!! Den vill inte ge upp.
Jag använde den i tonåren och hade glömt bort den helt. Jag hittade den längst bak i min samling, fortfarande oförstörd... och jag måste erkänna att jag faktiskt fortfarande tycker om den.

littlerayray77
littlerayray77

It makes me want to wash it off. Its not sexy or fresh to me its just some strong in your face smell.

Shenay553
Shenay553

This is my first review..YAY!!! So Tommy Girl was huge when I was high school. My bottle is about 10 years old and it has not turned. The scent is exactly the same. I never really loved it and I like it less now. It is a very clean scent but what I have always picked up is almost completely is lime, cedar and what I'm guessing is lily. Its a soaped down version of the florals. I really wish there was an "I guess I like it" button because this would totally fit the bill. I guess I'll hold onto it until the powers that be decide to reformulate this fragrance and then there's a demand. The men's version of Tommy though, will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. Its so funny that the two scents are soooo completely different.

andrevarx
andrevarx

It smells very nice, happy, personally find it sexy in a young woman. I would recommend it as a gift for any young woman.

AMOS' & SNAGGS' MOM
AMOS' & SNAGGS' MOM

I've been wearing Tommy Girl for years. I never tire of it and it continues to work just as beautifully with my chemistry as ever. I'm amazed that its staying power is so intense since it's a cologne. I wear toilettes and parfums that don't last as long. I'd describe Tommy Girl as a citrusy clean floral, a la Acqua Di Gio, which I also love. Tommy Girl has a hint of green tea to it, which I don't detect in Acqua Di Gio. As much as I love Tommy Girl, though, I don't really care for any of the other women's fragrances that I've tested in the Tommy Hilfiger line.

kugkng
kugkng

Among the fresh flral-fruity scent in the matket since I found out that Im a perfume-mania ;p...I think I couldn't forget the smelling of the"Tommy Girl"the truely smelling "water of joy" This one very impressive ,very out standing ,very unique and noticeable in my mind by the way that there prsent... the fragrance has details not just that sweet and blahhh!!! It fresh,crisp,clean and not lost the charactor and dynamic of feninine still sweet funny & girly,so chic and charming I still remember untill I 've finished the 100 ml.bottle last summer. This is an eau de colonge one but the scent work not bad on me 4-6 hrs.sillage is detectable.I 'm considering now that should I order for next summer or not because there are so many scent that I have to come across^O^~.

9154mf
9154mf

I never wore this when it first came out and every single girl was wearing it. However I always thought it would be nice to have a bottle, when i was 16. Now I have one (my sister gave it to me) and I can see that, as nice and fresh and clean as it is, it's not a scent that has any wow factor. Maybe it did back in the day, and maybe all the 16 year old girls who wore it found that their prepubescent male friends loved the smell, but now, its just too boring and immature for me. I tried bringing the bottle to work to wear just as a work perfume, but I didn't like it enough for that either.

PávelHenry
PávelHenry

LOL
*Tommy Girl- launched in 1996;
*J'Adore- launched in 1999.

*Tommy Girl in Tania Sanchez/ Luca di Turin's avaliation : 5 stars.
*J'Adore in Luca di Turin's avaliation: 3 stars.

Think...

Rouu
Rouu

have any body noticed that its almost the same Dior J'ador eau de perfume !!

tasted it and i can swear is the same as J'ador eau de perfume, exactly ,the top not and the heart is the same but the dry down is lighter and more fruity than j'ador !

Manya
Manya

Tommy Girl *is* a grassy scent, but it is grassy as in "sunlit meadow full of wild flowers" grassy.

It is moderately sweet, but none of fruit notes really stand out.
The floral notes also blend nicely into something non-descript.
You can definitely tell that there is a slght leather note in the drydown, which makes it musky and a bit soapy.

This fragrance feels like lying in high grass in the month of july, I can almost hear the buzzing of bees :)

It is a clean scent, but it's not really fresh. Fresh scents have something cold about them, while this one is definitely warm.

If you like fruity scents, but want something less obvious than a linear fruit for summer, this fragrance is a good choice.
Yet, if you're looking for a fresh, grassy scent, I would rather recommend Herba Fresca by Guerlain.

delphine67
delphine67

I dont like the Hilfiger scents at al. The have a chemischish scent over them that makes me nauseus

Lune d'Ete
Lune d'Ete

I love the smell, I really hate the name though. I would never ever even have tried it, just because it's called Tommy Girl, but one of my ex-coworkers wore it, and I just loved it! On me I smell the apple blossoms, citrus and jasmine the most. It's radiant, youthful, scrubbed, rosy cheeked American Beauty. This one and Pure White Linen are very good options for work, sunny spring and summer mornings. Even though it's labelled cologne, the staying power and sillage are great.

wijdan
wijdan

it was a gift and it holds some memorries...

Nice perfume though I wouldn't go and buy a new bottle for myself..

Sassy1
Sassy1

Hilfiger scents have always registered as unisex or on the verge to me, so I never had any interest in trying them out. But I can't pass up a bargain, so I now own a bottle.
I have to say, my money was not wasted but I'm glad I waited.
I recall smelling this grassy tea scent on just about every 20 something in the 90's and thinking "they all smell the same!!"
Now that it's "old" and "dated" I can break it out and not smell like all the other plum and chocolate 20 somethings.
Ooh, now that I think about it, I guess I'll smell like their mom...I can't win.
Anyway, I do like it. Crisp, fresh and perfect for summer. I'll definately finish up the bottle.

eilismaireg
eilismaireg

This is like sticking your nose into a caddy of loose china tea with fresh florals, which is great if you like to smell of tea but I generally prefer to drink it! That said, it's fresh, unique and very cheap for its quality which is a bonus if you like this type of scent.

lalala
lalala

i do like it although sometimes it can smell a bit cheap and soapy.

however it is clean, and flirty, more for teens.

luvperfumum
luvperfumum

it was my favorite in university, but maybe my taste changed by the age, i don't like it so much any more. but still it's a good choice for an ikea sunday, that you just have no message to world, and just want to smell like grass..

ilikethequiet
ilikethequiet

I like everything about Tommy Girl cologne. It starts out fresh and bright, with lots of citrus, but it's never sharp. There's a milky quality to the notes throughout that make this scent soft.

The florals are sunny and fresh without being sweet or cloying. I particularly like the combination of rose and mint in the middle notes.

The dry down is clean, a little warm, a little herbal and a little floral. What a lovely mood-lifter.

guest_jen80
guest_jen80

everyone uses this. it´s so common, and also soooo very boring. it´s not bad but has too many citrus, so that it reminds me a lot of airfreshener.

bodacious
bodacious

i used it when i was in college. it was i whiff of heaven. i had the bogy lotion and shower gel to go with it and i eventually got everyone else on it too. now that i'm a bit more mature it does not hold the same appeal for me. and besides i don;t like having the same scent as everybody else.

misz.julie
misz.julie

my favorite scent of all time

tulip09
tulip09

This was one of my old favorite perfume when I was in college. It smelled so fresh. I think I'll still like it. It's good for everyday wear.

keriri
keriri

I believe that this brand's general image is "Tommy Hilfiger for the young people".
I was the one who had thought so as well.
I wouldn't have shown interest in their clothes, and wouldn't have dared to try their fragrances even.

One Christmas season, I was looking around the perfume corner of a department store.
Because of the season, there were many coffrets, and among them, there was a travel pouch that seemed to be very practical.
(I often traveled for my work in those days.)

The travel pouch was from a coffret of Tommy Girl.
"Oh. Why not to try?"
I sprayed, and smelt the scent.

It was A SHOCK.

The refreshing orange comes up from the moment I apply, and the mint strengthens gradually.
Very juicy rose and lily in the center, they form a tremendously fresh bouquet.
There is a slight transparent sweetness of honeysuckle also.

I am frequently interested in the process and the concept of the perfumes as well.
As savvied from the advertisement of Tommy Girl,
probably the brand made "A very natural America" as a concept.
Dakota Lily, Cherokee Rose and Dessert Jasmine are used for this fragrance.
A creation, very carefully worked based on the concept, by Calice Becker.

It's spirited, energetic, simple and friendly.
But, lovely as well.
Tommy Girl gives such impressions to me.

When I smell it, what I recall is neither posh New York nor a beach in Miami or California...
The wild and natural part of America is in front of me, who is not an American, and living far away from the States.

I think that wide variety of people can use Tommy Girl for the casual time.
Of course, it is great for a young girl,
but I do not find it weird even if it smells from a grandma!

After all, I think that Tommy Girl is a very fine work among American perfumes.
Mr. Luca Turin also gave 5 stars, the highest rank, to this perfume in his book.
My evaluation doesn't seem to be too wrong, or?

It is good to forget about the brand's image, and to try it sometimes.
Because there might be a new, wonderful discovery.

knics33
knics33

I still love Tommy Girl... so fun and fresh. I must get a bottle for old times sake. Whenever I smell Tommy Girl I am instantly taken back to the days of Titanic craze and Hanson :)

krabby
krabby

Tommy Girl...the first fragrance that caught my attention. And still does! For me, its perfect for all seasons, hotter or colder. Its an everyday smell with a pretty good lasting power. Hum... i felt an urge to go and buy what would be my third bottle of Tommy...

Jubby
Jubby

It smell good on the others but on me,it makes me get headache.However, i spray it on sheet and air condition n it make me sleep happily:)

borntobepurple
borntobepurple

i love it ... I love floral fruity scents .. And This one is perfect.. It last pretty long. Its young, vibrant and also feminine when it settles. Its fresh Floral and hint of fruits make it great. I fell in love when i smelled it and lets see how long the affair continues. :)

ARIES1983
ARIES1983

This is one of the first fragrances that I owned, back in high school. I loved it then but not so much now. When I smell it now it just reminds me of ex boyfriends and bad decisions. Anyway this is not something that I would wear now.

sublimedoll
sublimedoll

I love this smell...on other people! Unfortunately it does NOT smell good on me :( "Several" years ago after (excitedly) purchasing my first (and only) bottle, I almost immediately gave it away finding that despite how great it smells on everyone else, it smells putrid on me :(

liquidiridium
liquidiridium

sweet,fresh, & complicated for a fruity floral. LOVE IT.

pansylady
pansylady

What's not to love? Fresh, breezy, and buoyant as the first warm day in April-

guest_DEE
guest_DEE

Absolutely gorgeous fragrance! Light and bubbly, fun and fresh! this is definitely for summer. It gives me positive enegy and it ignites my senses
I best wear this during the day like on the weekends when my husband and I go for little walks under the sun
This one never fails me ever..been in my collection for years now

kenberlyc
kenberlyc

Not for me. It was just too strong, never worked on my body chemistry. I wanted it to, it smells wonderful on everyone else.

falovalo
falovalo

Reminds me of a loaf of white bread! Sounds odd I know, but it always has! Not so bad for warm weather I guess. It reminds me of being a freshman in high school when ALL of the girls were wearing this.

HelloLovely27
HelloLovely27

this perfume is a classic!
it is very light and fresh floral.
i would buy it as a gift for someone younger i think around the ages of 10 to 15. Probably because that is around the age when i used to wear it. It is very young and fresh. i like it a lot!

missmelisy
missmelisy

Too much for me. Too floral, makes me nauseated. Smell is strong like an air freshener for your house. My husband loved it though lol go figure!

Trvevil
Trvevil

Tommy Girl is fresh and very flowery edc. It makes it perfect for hot days or spring, also in warm countries.
There's a lot of flowers and some citruses and after hour I even feel slight note of mint- it gives nice freshness to composition. At first I thought it was very nice, but after hour it become more interesting- the longer you wear it the better it becomes, but after half an hour it dried down to gentle flower blend in what I can feel cedar very clearly dominating- not a bad one. Lasting power is not the best, but it's cologne and I only sprayed it two times slightly on my wrist, so if spray more I guess it lasts better. Bottle is transparent and nice too- in a shape if triangle.

Celsius

This is an all-day fragrance for me! One of the best fragrances I've ever tried!

Emeraude
Emeraude

very nice fragrance,fresh and floral.I think in "Spring rain" when I smell it,one of my first perfums. It seems to have lily of the valley in it...may be?

Lily26
Lily26

My mother -in -law bought me Tommy girl when i was pregnant and it was the only smell that i could stand.I think that this is the best choice for spring time.It makes me feel like i am walking in a flower garden.It's a beautiful perfume and i love it.

Mals86
Mals86

I picked up a mini of the edt at my local drugstore for less than $10. Perfume: The Guide gave it 5 stars, and I was intrigued, so I thought I'd give it a try since I'd never smelled it. That probably sounds unbelievable, given that it's now more than a decade old, but it's true: no one I know wears this.

But they should. This smells great. It's cool and refreshing, citrusy without being overtly so, floral without being too sweet. I can pick out the rose, honeysuckle, and lily if I try, but I think I'd rather simply enjoy the abstract idea of lightly fragranced summer flowers. The tea note is prominent to my nose, but it's not strong tea; it's sun tea, with a little lemon, a little sugar, and a little mint - the perfect summer beverage.

I wouldn't classify this scent as being terribly romantic; it's far too friendly and casual. Wearing Tommy girl is like sitting on the shady porch overlooking a blossoming garden, drinking iced tea and chatting with your best friend. A beautiful, refreshing experience.

Anya
Anya

It reminds me of my university life, I first worn it in 1997! Very unique and still fashionable up till now.

elli
elli

Haha, it was my first fragrance too almost 10 y ago! Still think fondly of it- cute and fun fruity freshness.

This was my very first perfume which I think I received as a birthday gift when I was 12. I still have the original bottle but the juice is almost gone. Now that I'm older, I must say that it's not really my type of fragrance. It's a little too citrusy and rosy for my liking. The scent however is extremely long-lasting.

When I was in my teens I wore this all the time, partly because my high school boyfriend was called Tommy, and I thought wearing something called Tommy Girl was kind of cute. But now this perfume has only bad memories, so I haven't worn this for a very long time.

marie08
marie08

Not too sweet or musky, just a very nice light floral fragrance.

Malibu
Malibu

TOMMY GIRL was one of my first fragrances.

TOMMY GIRL is an easy to wear everyday fragrance which lasts for the whole day. It’s also inoffensive to other people; many people come up to me & ask what I’m wearing.

I’m not a tween anymore, but I can still wear TOMMY GIRL now. It’s affordable & I like the simplicity of the bottle design.

Rach86
Rach86

I LOVE this scent. It was my first scent that I chose myself. It is clean, fresh, and sexy, but it is not loud and overt.

I wear it to work on most days (unless I'm feeling a more vanilla-y scent) and I get compliments about how nice I smell all the time. People have also asked me for the name of it and even joked about not wanting to go back to their desk just so they could smell me for a few minutes longer!

It is definitely a fresh (not heavy or spicy), classic scent.

snobuni77
snobuni77

This perfume is almost a classic in my mind.I use to LOVE it when I was younger & I still have a bottle.It was Tommy Hilfiger's first Scent for a women & he did a great job with it!It was especially great for the year it came out.Almost a preppy colorful scent.It goes great with a Tommy Sweater or T shirt with a BIG Red white & blue Logo On it...LOL.Classy & yet powerful.It definitely makes a statement.

It is a citrusy floral with a kick!!It is for a lively high spirited girl/women.If you could smell energy I think it would smell like this.

Allegra
Allegra

Tommy Girl definitely belongs to the supreme class of floral fruities; a place well-earned! It is simple but enchanting, containing fresh and pure notes that blend together superbly creating an unique fragrance. If you're searching for a light floral for casual wear, this is a very recommendable option.

Robert White
Robert White

It's flowery, and yeah, at first sniff I thought it was cheap. I thought maybe Luca Turin had lost his marbles. But this stuff grows on you. Not ultra complex, but a nice, well crafted floral that really is a bargain at the price (around $20.00 US). I wear it, and have recieved positive feedback from women I know. I sprayed some on a t-shirt I gave to my sweetheart's six year old daughter and they both loved it. For Christmas, mom gets Aedes de Venustes, little lady gets Tommy Girl. I can't wait to tell my buddies that I'm wearing a six year old girl's perfume. They're gonna puke!

endora
endora

one of my fav. more like citrusy rather than floral or it is just the way it smells on me. a bit sharp, but since it is not all woody or else, there is no problem with that. it just doesn't suffocate you with its sharpness. it is also very energetic.

lovely17
lovely17

delightfull..smells good n sporty.....love it

XSX
XSX

Seems like this is everybody's favourite teen fragrance! :)
It was my first perfume ever and I like it to this day, 'cause it kinda gives me energy and puts me in a good mood. . It's definetly special and very nice smelling; you can sense both cirtuces and mint.

cdawnn1
cdawnn1

I used to have this fragrance. It is a bit too sharp and one-dimensional for me to wear now, but I think it smells nice. It's very fresh and smells a bit like tea and some citrus. I also smell some very soft florals. It is no longer for me, but I think it's a nice, clean fragrance for young girl or someone who likes casual, everyday fragrances.

sweetcookie
sweetcookie

I hated this first time I smelled it. Reminds me of furniture polish mixed with room freshener, and there was a musty something or the other in it, too. No thanks, I'll pass.

Marianne
Marianne

If I smelled a man wearing this I would be confused since my sister used to wear it every day...no, it's definitely a women's fragrance, in my eyes.
It's simple, but very unique.

afraafra
afraafra

Can be considred unisex

it's my favorite perfume of all the times!fresh,full of armoa of spring flowers and that citrus scent.it's the best perfume for spring.

Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger 3.59 out of 5 based on 1573 ratings and 261 user reviews

Cologne 0.25oz
Tommy Girl Perfume by Tommy Hilfiger, 1 oz Cologne Spray for Women
TOMMY GIRL EAU DE PREP for WOMEN by Tommy Hilfiger EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
TOMMY GIRL EAU DE PREP for WOMEN by Tommy Hilfiger EDT SPRAY 3.4 OZ TESTER
Cologne 1oz
TOMMY GIRL for WOMEN by Tommy Hilfiger SET-COLOGNE SPRAY 1 OZ NEW PACKAGING BODY WASH 3.4 OZ
TOMMY GIRL EAU DE PREP for WOMEN by Tommy Hilfiger EDT SPRAY 1.7 OZ
Tommy Girl Perfume by Tommy Hilfiger, 3.4 oz Cologne Spray for Women
Zappos.com
Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy Girl Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4oz No Color - Beauty
Tommy Hilfiger - Tommy Girl Eau de Toilette Spray 3.4oz No Color - Beauty

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Girl, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.