Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 Tommy Hilfiger for men

Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 Tommy Hilfiger for men
dislike

coconut
Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures

Tommy Summer Cologne 2008is introduced in a pair with a fragrance for women as fragrant accessories to Tommy Hilfiger clothing collection spring/summer 2008. The design elements one the bottles and the outer boxes are red-and-white, and marine blue-and-white stripes, the classical summer maritime motifs, also applied on the Tommy Hilfiger spring/summer 2008 clothing collection pieces.

Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 brings the recognizable summer notes for a cool man. The top notes offer Key West orange blossom, coconut from Waikiki, fresh sea air, and wild bergamot and grapefruit from Florida. The heart introduces the freshness of mint leaves, violet, lavender, and jasmine from Santa Monica. The base reveals coconut milk wafts and driftwood from the shores of Nantucket Island.

The fragrance comes as limited edition EDT in 100ml (3.4 fl.oz.) bottle with blue and white sailor stripes print.

Neroli Bergamot Grapefruit Coconut

Mint Violet Lavender Jasmine

Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 Fragrance Reviews

Raychee123
Raychee123

Well, this is interesting! I love coconut notes in fragrances. Even as a guy, if the coconut is done well, and the scent still smells like it belongs on a guy, the results can be interstellar lol. fragrances like Virgin island water and tommy bahama st barts (which doesnt have coconut but smells like it does) are some of the nicest smelling summer scents out there and while I dont own either, I have worn samples and have been met with more than favorable results :) This is what drew me to Tommy Summer 2008. The combination of coconut, citrus, and florals all in a mens fragrance for a bargain price caused me to cave in and buy despite it being scarcely available and without any major reviews. I sprayed it on tonight for the first time and I could not be happier with the results! You are initially met with citrus and coconut. Try not to picture the lime and malibu rum vibe from VIW, but rather a mixed citrus coconut vibe mixed with a hint of the original tommy. Its a little alcohol heavy off the bat but after 10 minutes it settles down and some florals come to the surface as well. As others have said, the coconut never leaves and that is a good thing. I feel that the coconut in this frag smells as nice as the note in VIW even though it is infinitely more synthetic (obviously) Dry down on this frag is very very similar to VIW or SSSB with a creamy coconut vibe and overall for 1/10 the price of creed, this is an absolutely stellar summer fragrance, and a truly hidden gem IMHO. If VIW had a one night stand with the original tommy hilfiger scent (Creed was obviously drunk and slumming it that night, but I digress...),and hilfiger got preggers and had a child but never told anyone, this would be that bastard child. All things considered, Im glad the word hasn't gotten out, what a hidden Gem :)

soleroc
soleroc

I can't agree in saying that this is similar to the original. In fact, it is about as far away from Tommy as a flanker can get (IMO). I would consider this to be a cousin (or maybe even a 2nd cousin). I love them both. I recently realzed that this summer edition is supposed to emulate an actual "on the beach" scent. I get coconut a lot in this one. In fact, it is present throughout; though it always remains nice and subtle, reminding us of that same smell beach from the lotions and oils used. Also, until recently, I have been wondering what a particular note was, that kind of hides behind it all and lingers for most of its duration. I finally realized that it is salt or some sort of sea/ocean/marine accord. i love it! I love trying to figure out where the designer wants to take us. I love it even more when (IMO) the designer gets it spot on!! The citruses (mainly lime) and mint help keep this frag clean and fresh. I don't think this one was over done. It actually seems like they put some thought into it. TS '08 contrasts the original so well that they should come together. LOL! Projection is ok, not the best, but it is meant for summer use. The longevity is great, especially considering the fact that this is a summer flanker!! I EASILY get 8 hours and can still smell the cocnut the next morning :D
Please keep in mind that I am in no way a pro. Just my opinions sprinkled with a few observations. If I am wrong about anything, please let me know! thanks

A citrusy foral gourmand with definite depth. I was very impressed with this scent, and even more suprised to find a gift set containing the 100 ml EDT and a 100 ml body wash in the cute striped cabana bag at WalMart!! (For 19.97 no less!)...

Bright citruses with some powdery floral overtones and coconut, on a man? This does sounds strange, I know, but it's very very nice. This does have a sillage and longevity better than most summers do, and the amount of coconut (very real, I might add-like fresh grated)was at first all I could smell...but this does taper off but leaves hints throughout its subtle development. The bitterness of the bergamot and the bite of the grapefruit shine through very well; but the coconut never really goes away, only lessens and lets the transparent flowers blossom. Mint add some cool green to the floral notes and the lavender (dry), jasmine(sexy) and violet (cool) blend so seemlessly that it is really difficult to pick each one out; but together they are great and not really feminine at all. Once it does dry completely the coconut is still there, lingering-only creamier and the driftwood really smells like the beach. Summery?:sure, a summer only scent?: no way! This is too good to only wear three months out of the year...

Sillage: good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 3.75/5

TH really outdid himself with this one. I find it to be sexy, well-made and very manly-despite the flowers and all the coconutiness. This actually smells good to me in the spring and fall...and I have worn it in the winter as well (when missing balmy days and the beach) and it performs well for me in the cold. For some reason this reminds me of the movie Nights in Rodanthe, like that one special love that may have lasted for only one summer...but stays with you for a long, long time. ;-)

minister smellgood
minister smellgood

this is a nice cologne with alot of depth. Matter of fact it doesnt even smell like a summer frag.

Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 by Tommy Hilfiger 4.00 out of 5 based on 10 ratings and 4 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger Tommy Summer Cologne 2008, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tommy Summer Cologne 2008 by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.