Designers » T-Z » Floral Fruity « Groups

dislike

aldehydic
ozonic
True Star Tommy Hilfiger for women Videos
True Star Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures True Star Tommy Hilfiger for women Pictures

True Star is a perfume dedicated to the true star, passionate and famous Beyonce Knowles. She herself says that composition of this fragrance is very sexy and realistic. It is made to highlight her charm, beauty and energy.

The fragrance is aquatic fresh and fruity sweet, including notes of melon, aldehydes, citruses, honeysuckle and sensual musk. The nose behind the scent is Raymond Matts. It was launched in 2004. The perfume is available in the bottles of 30, 50 and 100 ml.

Aldehydes Honeysuckle Melon Musk Citruses

Physical Woman

True Star Fragrance Reviews

Tanyamarx
Tanyamarx

Its really sad coz you can not buy it anywhere anymore... I totally loved it!!!!! Have they completely discontinued it???

CarrieWhite
CarrieWhite

Sorry for reading all those negative reviews. I wore this when I was in high school and used to receive many compliments about it! I really liked that on the contrary:D

Dionne1024

True Star is a great scent for the Summer. I actually like this one better then Tommy Girl.

greenelf
greenelf

I like Tommy Girl and his sport fragrance, but this stuff is just horrible! Hor-rib-ble!! Seriously, it is just disgusting! Glad I didn't pay much for it!

carollyncheeyen
carollyncheeyen

Minjun should have sent it to me.
True Star was my first ever perfume, and am still in Love with it, unfortunately it has been discontinued... It just seem to suit my chemistry and personality perfectly. Serious, confident but fresh. Nice sillage and longevity, definitely not cloying and sickly like some perfumes nowadays. Perfect for anytime of the day.

minjun
minjun

Awful.
I threw it away almost full.
Just thinking about it, nauseates me

Dionne1024

This is another Summer scent. Very fresh and clean.

Rosey8821
Rosey8821

I really don't know how to describe this other than terrible. It really is that bad. None of the notes described are obvious nor combined do they create a decent smell. It smells warm and musty like something stale. I can honestly even compare this to cat urine and i am not exaggerating. It is not off because distinctly remembered my exact reaction to this smells years ago when i first bought it from a reliable department store. It was a blind buy and as beyounce was endorsing it, i thought it would be worthwhile. Well wrong!

rosagarcia163
rosagarcia163

This is one of the first perfumes I have ever had, it smells clean, mysterious and wonderful. probably the only perfume I will ever buy with Beyonce on it.

Berlynn
Berlynn

I used to own a sample of this, and honestly seeing the notes in this I can't believe it has aldehydes as a main note. I normally hate aldehydes but this actually smells really pretty and mild on my skin. Its very soft and fresh and long lasting. really really beautiful, and has changed my skewed views on aldehydes.

Tam
Tam

OK for my skin only and it might be totally different for others: on first blast, wet cardboard is all I can say for this but.. hey...let's be patient. As it develops, wow.... I think this fragrance is a first ever in being the only one in which I am really struggling to find a redeeming feature. It then seems to evolve into something resembling stale vase water that the flowers have died in. Maybe - and being an optimist here - I can detect a something bordering pleasant ozonic, ocean smell after it has settled? My sis in law brought it as a present for me. Maybe she hates me... Seriously, I was starting to think I wasn't being elitist enough in liking every fragrance that passed under my nose and wanting to own every one of them. This one is a definite exception. I'll use it to scare off the flies in summer - if we ever get one in the UK.

NatasjaH
NatasjaH

I Love this fragrance. Unfortunately you can't buy it anymore (at least in the Netherlands). I've had this as a gift from my cousin in 2004. I'm not sure I would have bought it myself, but I loved it since the first moment I used it. I always get compliments whenever I wear this fragrance. It may smell very strong, but it becomes powdery and lovely on the skin.

varondandy
varondandy

my wife was given this junk to her by her own sister who detested it.the alde mix with musk makes you want to puke.sorry no go on this one.

supersiren
supersiren

THIS IS MY FAVORITE FRAGRANCE OF ALL TIME. It smells so sexy on me, and everything turns powdery... this ones notes are strong enough to counter that, and I get comments EVERYWHERE I go. even the grocery store. I have been wearing this since it came out in 04.

misslovely
misslovely

This was awful, it gave me a huge headache. I had to give it away, unfortunately she also hated it. It has very strong and sharp notes that hurt my nostrils. I wouldn't recommend this.

tenderhearted
tenderhearted

I have an animal friendly imitation oil of this,and I have never smelled the original. I really enjoy the pretty scent! It is sweet water,unique,has juicy melon breezes,hazy honeysuckle delights,a cute kind of "shampoo accord",it is very precious to me! :)

This oil I have is a very luscious,and cooling scent,very windy. The top of it does have a strong whiff of those bubbly aldehydes,and I enjoy those sometimes. But the bubbly feeling does die down a bit in heart and base notes.This scent will not overwhelm on a very warm or hot day. It is very refreshing.

I am sure Beyonce has a good heart,but her music is not my style,no offense (still waiting for Siouxsie Sioux to make a perfume,hehe :) )

But of course none of the music has any bearing on the scent.:)

MabelEarth
MabelEarth

I was in love with this parfume in 2005 but I had no money to buy it. So I bought it last year and now I am wondering why did I love it so much?
It gets bitter on my skin...
Im thinking to sale it.

miss mills
miss mills

I really like this fragrance! It's light and fresh yet grounded - perfect for work and summer when you don't want anything too cloying. Tommy Hilfiger scents have never been my thing before this one - Tommy Girl is instant headache and overbearing to my nose but this is just right. And for the price, why not?

earth_angel
earth_angel

Interesting to see all these negative comments. Guess it just worked well with my skin back when I bought it. I got compliments all the time.

jenny2301
jenny2301

I really enjoy this scent, I mean it's not one of my favs but it most definitively doesnt deserve all the negative comments IMO I think its nice just not to die for.Overall 7.5/10 for me.Lasts long too.I can smell it on my clothes next day.

carbocookie
carbocookie

My, my, do people ever hate this one... I got it as a gift a few years ago from a male who is basically clueless about fragrance. I don't hate it but it would not have been my first choice, it has a... unique aroma. Luckily, it seems to work fairly well with my body chemistry, sure it smells synthetic (aldehydes after all), but I don't get the hairspray/cleaning solution/bug spray scent other people report, it's a soft, sweet smell on me. I can't detect any honeysuckle or citrus from this myself, just an opening blast of aldehydes followed by a sweet musky melon dry down with a vague hint of floweriness. Like it, but don't love it.

arubadream
arubadream

I really really hate this!

I've got this as a gift when I was about 15 years old and one day it got stolen but I wasn't at all sorry.

It starts off very green and citrusy, then becomes bitter :( it's not warm or fresh or icy cool as the color suggested. Overall it smells very synthetic like burnt plastic :(

Sillage and lasting power is average, not too bad.

bottom line: don't waste your money, it smells awful.

i find this very strong, with that plasticy smell that gets stuck in your throat. its much better after it drys down. its also long lasting. its ok, but tommy girl is much better, imo.

Yumji999
Yumji999

I have no idea why this perfume smelled so good that I wanted to own for myself when it first came out. Almost all the girls were wearing it and after like 5 years I bought this for the sake of good old times and I don't know what to say. The note that I was longing for is there but also there's a very synthetic smell to it. It's a real love/hate one. Maybe it'll get better after an hour or two.

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Perhaps i should have checked on fragrantica before purchasing it. This has a very pungent aldehyde note to it. The non-fruity citrus only accentuates it, a headache causing fragrance for me. Overall i cant see the targeted market liking it, i find it quite synthetic however do believe it all depends on chemistry. It s a LOVE/ HATE fragrance. On me it smelt like musty old skin, drenched in embalming fluid. Not a good smell :(

TrueStar
TrueStar

True star is the one perfume that i will always love..
it has a low key smell..
dosent shout "hey i am here"
and my oh my is it classy..
the one perfume i dont minde spending my last money on..
thats jus how much i love it..

SculptureOfSoul
SculptureOfSoul

What you have here is expensive hairspray that doesn't even work to hold your hair in place. In other words - useless! A very artificial and synthetic scent that called to mind a cheap hairspray. It may get better in the dry down, but I had to throw out the tester card. I'm sorry, but there is not a base that is good enough that would make enduring the opening of this worthwhile.

knm812
knm812

I had a sample of this scent when I was younger that I would occasionally wear. I didn't like it much then, but I didn't dislike it either. I recently tried this one again, just for old time's sake, and I found it quite unpleasant. It smells very artificial to me. I'm not sure why this fragrance is classified as floral fruity. On me it smells sharp, artificial and generally cheap. Unless your chemistry somehow makes this amazing, I would skip True Star.

nastiat
nastiat

major headache guaranteed.

tenshilove
tenshilove

i just love this one is sweet girly and fresh, vibrant, a very unique scent

odango
odango

I can't even describe how awful is this. It's headache and nausea inducing and the worst part is that it lasts. I smelled car air fresheners that were better than this.

chix
chix

Bug spray!?

neptune34
neptune34

disgusting... smells like overly strong "sea breeze" deodorant

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

Oh how I loved this perfume when it ist came out I was only a wee girl then and I loved my ist fragrance, it smelt fresh and clean. But now I dont like it anymore and when I spray it it makes me sneeze for a full minute.

Another stinky one that Beyonce is advertising. Does she have no taste in scent? Or does she not care ?

jellybeantree

This is the worst smelling fragrance I have ever smelled, wearing toilette water would be a step up from this.

sparkling9
sparkling9

long-lasting and strong.Gives me headache

Rose_Noire
Rose_Noire

This is just so bad!! I thought it would be a clean, fresh scent but it has a nasty chemical scent that makes you dizzy. It reminds me of laboratories for some reason, a very sharp antiseptic note. Don't bother.

SenecaWhite
SenecaWhite

Yet another fragrance that smells like a cleaning solution. :(
How is this classified as floral fruity? There is nothing floral or fruity about this at all! Just pure cleaning chemicals with a hint of lemon to take the edge off. Will be scrubbing this one off, too.

Megh
Megh

It is rare that I find a fragrance that I can't wear at all. This one was bad going on and even worse as it dried. It left a horrible chemical burn smell.. Kinda like when you burn the hair off of your legs with nair.

deeannek
deeannek

I was just given a bottle of True Star and matching lotion set from a friend for Christmas. I actually like this and I can see by the reviews that I am definitely in the minority. On my skin it is citrusy and a tad sour-which I like. I don't really detect any musk and nothing about this smells like hairspray or dust to my nose. It reminds me of Nautica and Calyx and L'eau D'Issey so I guess I would classify it more as a green or aquatic.I have this on with the lotion so maybe that makes a diffrence- I think its refreshing and will save it for spring and summer when I want something light and refreshing.

mandelinka
mandelinka

this is lovely, can smell the melon the most. I think it's young and easy-wearing. Perfect for beach.

falovalo
falovalo

Is this perfume, hairspray or glue? This is really an odd smell, kind of chemical and not soft and clear like I was hoping. I do get a slight note of Tommy Girl in this. To put it bluntly, it was a "scrubber" for me.

Rachel321
Rachel321

Is this perfume or insecticide?

silverbutterfly
silverbutterfly

I smelled this perfume many times: It is light, icy, body lotion or shower gel for summer like. Nothing special.Light. Don't hold long. But may be some teenage girl would like it for the morning shopping.

sweetpatchi
sweetpatchi

nothing special, boring, doesnt last long, forgettable, plain, cheap, tommy made a mistake making the scent....sorry not my cup of tea....very cheap smelling frag

ScorpioAllure
ScorpioAllure

I asked for this perfume after smelling it in a magazine and I Love it. It isn't flowery and can be heavy so don't use too much! I would say it's a warm scent but not musky. Most on here seem to hate it and and that's a shame. Maybe I have good body chemistry for perfumes:)

jellybeantree

I never usually say this about frags but this just STINKS! This will smell bad on anyone!

black rose
black rose

the shape of bottle is very nice, it's very strong , i had haedache when i wore that!!! and it's not sexy!!! be sure!!

lucy xie
lucy xie

smells really bad, makes me headache.

danimcneil
danimcneil

I REALLY REALLY wanted to like this fragrance not just because i love Beyonce, but because the notes sound amazing. i have tried it over and over hoping that i would change my mind...nope! it smells exactly like dusty hairspray!

chockolina
chockolina

I like it - to me it smells like sea water that dried on my skin. But I can agree it is not a smell to remember.

ariadna
ariadna

This can be a little heavy if you use too much.It is distinctive but,if it doesn't mix with your chemistry,it may be distinctive in a bad way.

seventh
seventh

I read a review from someone somwhere about this one: 'it smells like an oatmeal'...I don't know does it reminds me of that, but I would never wear it nor will buy it again...I got sick of it after the first wearing and gave it to my mother...Too much of everything sharp in it, very synthetic and unflattery

CUPCAKEDOLL
CUPCAKEDOLL

I had this perfume, and I hate it!. It smells too strong for me. Nothing special...

Arexyz
Arexyz

I like it. It is not my favourite, but it is nice, sportive,long-lasting with gratefully sharp notes. The melon scent is dominant after few hours. As for me it suitable for spring.

Elitsa
Elitsa

there isn't anything special in this perfume excluding the name and Beyonce - i wanted to buy it only because of this but when i smelt it it was so sharp and unlikely for my conception of Beyonce. I don' t find anything fruity in it.

Cris_Venesza
Cris_Venesza

I bought this perfume online for his bottle , name and colour.... and i was wrong :) ....it's a floral perfume but nothing special , it's not icy , not worm , it's something between ... i don't regret but it's not my type , has nothing special , distinguish ...beyonce has a influence on womans to make them to like this scent ...alsou the name etc :)

it's a nice perfume and good for summer

APassionateJourney

How on EARTH is this filed under floral fruity? There is NOTHING fruity about this scent

APassionateJourney

I have a soft spot for True Star since it was my First fragrance back in 04' :). Beyonce Knowles is what attracted me to it. I still have my bottle, but it's almost gone. This and Luscious Pink by Mariah Carey are my favorites! This smell reminds me of the Ocean :)

Stacey923
Stacey923

This is a wonderful,fresh fragrance. It is fruity yet clean like linens on a sunny day. The floral notes are not too strong and the fruity notes are not too sweet. It is well balanced. Flirty,fun,fresh, a great fragrance for Spring and Summer. Delightful!

XoXoL.o.V.e
XoXoL.o.V.e

I like it is very fresh and light but nothing too special (and yes smell a little bit like plastic). :)

benzippo
benzippo

Alas, another celebrity fronted fragrance only by namesake and the rest, well no say at all most probably, during the composition of the juice right up to the final product.

I have no idea what has happened between Beyonce's coloboration with Tommy but she has since fronted Diamonds by Armani.

Nothing great about this fragrance for me to comment though.

nauticaa
nauticaa

A nice, fresh and youg summer perfume. I got it as a present, I wouldn't have bought it. It is ok for everyday and sports, but it is too simple and plain for a great event, like a gala or a concert. Good for teens.

essija
essija

This is a great scent for summer. It is light and crisp, though it can be worn all year round. I think it has that fresh out of the shower "Clean" smell. I like it and will continue to reach for it.

tanya3family
tanya3family

I really liked it at first....after a few hours of wearing it started to have an overbearing scent...I gave it away to my neice and it smells wonderful on her :)

golden
golden

I think this one is for the young at heart. Young ,vibrant, sparkling fragrance.

guest_Minnie
guest_Minnie

Yup..agree..this perfume is terrible..

guest_:)
guest_:)

i realy love this one! it's so fresh.

LoveScent
LoveScent

I must agree this is an awful fragrance.

Marianne
Marianne

I can't stand this scent! Very synthetic.

FragranceFanatic!
FragranceFanatic!

On the contrary, wonderful..truly makes me feel like a star!

guest_Zoe M
guest_Zoe M

Don't Bother. This one smell awful

2007

True Star by Tommy Hilfiger 2.77 out of 5 based on 253 ratings and 73 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger True Star fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger True Star, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify True Star by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of True Star by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.