Designers » T-Z » Woody Spicy « Groups

dislike

leather
True Star Men Tommy Hilfiger for men Videos
True Star Men Tommy Hilfiger for men Pictures

True Star Men is a perfume inspired by the charismatic, confident and talented Enrique Iglesias – who motivated Tommy Hilfiger brand to launch this woody – spicy fragrance in 2005. Mario Testino did the photographs of Enrique that accompanies this fragrance. Pink grapefruit, tenderly spiced with sparkling notes, conquers all together with citrusy notes and freesia, followed by the spicy heart of black sweet root and orrisroot, settling at the base of marine air, brought by saffron, with powdery softness of sandalwood. It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDT.

Freesia Pink Grapefruit Star Anise Lemon Tree

Orris Root Licorice

Leather Sandalwood Vanilla Saffron

True Star Men Fragrance Reviews

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

It is a synthetic scent but it brings me a very nice sensation.
It's refreshing, it seems that has calone but nothing intense, has the hint of lemon is interesting because appears it seems mixed with leaves as a salad, also with a ''metallic'' feel and something like moss, has a fruity aspect together having a sophisticated touch in certain way.
After appears certain density, anise appears doing it almost sweetening with a touch semi liqueur, and then a slight hint of vanilla and sandalwood, is slightly creamy and woody-leather at the same time at the base.
I especially love and is the best of the Tommy to me.

Rating: 8,5/10

jmmyers7
jmmyers7

Got this as a gift when I was 14 in '09, though I had asked for Tommy. Still, I really liked True Star at first. Fresh, clean, sweet smell. People complimented it too. The more I used it tho, the more it smelled to me like rubbing alcohol and plastic underneath the freshness. Never lasted a whole school day, and my bottle was broken or something because it leaked like a mother

Tommy is the best TH house fragrance. This stuff is a cheap synthetic Azzaro Now, which is already excessively synthetic so that's saying something.

darkroomvisitor
darkroomvisitor

This scent instantly reminds me of the sweet smell of celluloid. The stuff films are (were) made of. When I was young we had an 8 mm filmprojector and the warmth of the light in combination with the film brought out that smell. I thought that was the idea behind the name of the scent: film/star.
I still use it.

Tenko
Tenko

does anyone know where to buy this? I mean for a real fragrence for sure not a rip off that not smells good after 10 mins or so.
and is there a difference between the original and the enrique iglesias edit?

steve0580
steve0580

After reading an article, I decided to order it (I really need to stop buying blind).

It's decent but nothing great or out of the ordinary. I'd describe it as sweet and aquatic with a hint of .....plastic. There are better colognes out there to spend your money on.

Peegore
Peegore

A tumble-dryer fresh fragrance, and synthetic through to the end.

True Star for men starts and finishes its life with three accords, Aquatic/Metallic/Green. These notes play so closely together, they render the fragrance monotone and linear, becoming very close to the skin within an hour or two, and almost barely there two to three hours after that.

Don't get me wrong, True Star is not a bad scent. It's just very simple and short lived. If you do like it, then I'd suggest you try Azzaro Now for men. Startlingly similar top to mid notes but done a lot more confidently, with an eventual smooth woody leather drydown that is much more satisfying.

Gfontes
Gfontes

Nothing extraordinary, even excessively synthetic, but strangely enjoyable. I feel good using this perfume and constantly get compliments, then all other things are left behind. It gives a fresh and clean sensation. If you live in a tropical country where temperatures are always around 30 degrees, is a good fragrance for casual use, just dont expect too much longevity, maybe around 03 hours.

____________

Nada extraordinário, até excessivamente sintético, mas estranhamente agradável. Me sinto muito bem usando esse perfume e constantemente recebo elogios, então todas os pontos negativos ficam para trás.
Dá uma sensação de banho tomado, se você mora em um país tropical onde as temperaturas estão sempre em torno de 30º, é um bom perfume para o uso casual, só não espere muita longevidade, umas 03 horas no máximo.

brucezzz
brucezzz

เกลียดมาก เวียนหัว

kolia15
kolia15

I like this scent very much .. I wonder why it is not so popular ... Shame

Astektomas
Astektomas

Today this is the scent from "the other hand" - from the right forearm where the whimsical selections are sampled and tested in addition to my Coat of the Day, which resides
on the left forearm and just below the throat.
Opening chords are cutting - rather sharp string of syntheticaly vibrating tutti-grapefruity notes , which
persist noticably through fairly short lasting mid-tones period, to swiftly fainting drydown. After an hour or so,
what is left on the testing strip of the skin is...not much
really...powdery residue, and the muted hint of something
pink. Hey, it's cool summer splash, SPLASH. Land it on your testing strip. It's intruiging. Like a disapearing star.

guest_jcjones67
guest_jcjones67

love the smell but I agree, it doesn´t last very long. Its fresh an clean , but please take Enrique Iglesias of the box .

jazz444
jazz444

What strikes me first is a huge smoky tea note, which then moves into a wet wool/damp woodsy note. So far, so good.

It then settles quietly on my skin and barely announces itself after that, though snatches of leather and an unusual but nice "clean flowing stream" note appear occasionally. I get about 5 hours from it, and sometimes that's generous. I wish it was more durable, because I'd wear it a lot more.

drummerboy1986
drummerboy1986

I have to agree with black bacarra

Like a guy just stepped out of the bathroom after a shower, washing his face and brushing his teeth. Polo tee/jeans type thing

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Very fresh fragrance. I can describe it as a very clean scent. perfect way to start your morning with a splash of this. Very light and refreshing in a natural way, I don't smell anything synthetic or artificial here.
Love it!

Flowerpowerbabe
Flowerpowerbabe

I think it´s a unisex perfume, I´m a girl and I wear it..and people always tells me that it smells like a unisex perfume, they would never had guessed it´s a mens perfume..smells sexy, fresh and seducing..blends easily in with your own "scent" so that it smells differently from person to person..

PS: I love that Enrique´s face is on the box haha:D<3

lalosoto4
lalosoto4

Nice scent, but is not longlasting at all. Maximum 2 hours in my skin

dancam86
dancam86

This one is a very standard fragrance, I've smelt probably a couple dozens of others that smell just like this. Boring, simple and plain. The good thing: I bought one of the few editions that didn't come with Enrique Iglesias's face in the box!

acc
acc

Moderate quality fragrance. Provides the wearer with a boyish charm. Lasts for 2 hours max.

black bacarra
black bacarra

I detect very minty toothpaste and citrusy aftershave. Like a guy just stepped out of the bathroom after a shower, washing his face and brushing his teeth.

Strangely addicting and refreshing.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tommy Hilfiger True Star Men fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tommy Hilfiger True Star Men, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify True Star Men by Tommy Hilfiger. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of True Star Men by Tommy Hilfiger represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.