Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women

L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women
dislike

coffee
L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women Pictures L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women Pictures L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women Pictures L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women Pictures L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women Pictures L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women Pictures L`Or de Torrente Torrente for women Pictures

Female fragrance L’Or de Torrente was presented in 2001 in a sweet and floral, oriental rhythm. It aims at the sophisticated and elegant woman. Designed by Jean Jacques, it opens with mandarin orange, litchi, kiwi, black currant and magnolia, followed by iris, cedar, the essence of coffee, rose and angelica aromas. It ends at the base of vanilla, white amber, precious wood and coffee. The bottle is ornate with gold leafs, radiating with luxury and elegance.

Magnolia Cassis Tangerine Angelica

iris Coffee Cedar Rose

White Amber Vanilla orchid Cedar

L`Or de Torrente Fragrance Reviews

Melvinmilk
Melvinmilk

It's one of those rare nights....
Too tired to close the window yet still giddy from a evening of intoxicating romance.

Your head hits the pillow, as the softest summer breeze crosses your face, bringing with it
an unearthly fragrance, that sends you into a deep delicious slumber.

As you inhale this elixir of the heavenly creatures...

It is only then, that the Angels gently lift the vail that allows you to take a glimpse into the other side.

Floating lighter than air, as you escape from the weight of your earthbound body, you enter the vortex of colors never seen on earth, lifting you high above an indescribable place that is morphing into everything and everyone you have ever loved.

Glass like rivers with exotic feathered creatures dance amongst quiet waterfalls. Flowers and fruits of unknown origins, spread intoxicating aroma's, where exquisite beings feast

Tears start falling from your eyes as you hear sacred music that strikes your heart, with every single note.

The last thing you remember is pleading and begging to stay,,...
Then suddenly, you are wondering why your bed is shaking, as you reluctantly re-enter your earthly body .

As the light of morning shines on your face, your eyes slowly open, scanning every inch of your room, looking for some kind of proof, that you were actually there.

In the end, all you find is yesterday's flowers in a vase from your lover.A pair of high heels peeping out beneath a crumpled dress lying on your floor.

Then it dawns on you, The only thing that remained from your visit to the other side, was the elusive echo of L'Or de Torrente.

Mel

ask247
ask247

This had so many interesting reviews I had to try it, that's what I love about this website. I take my cell phone with me so I'm not totally blind with a blind buy. I look up all the different notes along with the reviews to get an idea if I would like a perfume or at least give it a try, as I'm trying to build up a great collection.
So with that said L'or de Torrent is different than anything I've smelled to date. At first spray I was a little hesitant but I let it develop and realized it was much nicer over time. I'm not one that can smell each and every note like others however I will say it doesn't give me the Oriental vibe (I dislike Orientals) so I was glad about that.
It died down to a soft, warm rose-ish smell that is pleasant but not like in your face rose, perhaps the warmth I'm getting is the coffee/rose smell others talk about, I don't smell a distinct coffee smell sadly, because I think I would have liked that. I had my 75 year old Mom smell it on me and she like it, that was a plus, so I will have to give her a sample to try for herself.
Overall I would definitely have this in my collection as a sophisticated mature scent. The only downfall is it doesn't last long on my skin at all...boo.

Eos
Eos

L'Or de Torrente is one of the strangest and discordant compositions I've come across. A bitter coffee note mixes with the sweet-herbal character of angelica and then clashes with floral-powder of the rose note and fresh-aquatic nature of the magnolia note. There is some vague fruitiness at the beginning but it burns off pretty quickly. Its sort of schizophrenic and never really settles into a scent that I actually want to wear. This is a definite test before you buy type of perfume as I clearly did not have the glowing experience with it that so many others claim to have.

Majja67
Majja67

Hey, the notes on the pictures is not right!!! The fruits are gone and its in wrong order, please fragrantica fix that!!!

mymlan
mymlan

L'Or de Torrente opens up with sharp notes of coffe and rose, followed by delicious notes of tangerine and sweet amber. And thats about it. The projection is powerful initially but quite soon it mellows down to a subtle skin scent. I think it would be an elegant floriental for somone who doesn't want a huge sillage. I think It's lovley but for me it fades too fast, probably because I'm used to 80's bombshell fragrances. ;)

SweetChouli
SweetChouli

Interesting stuff. It's like a cup of coffee with rose and sunshine thrown in! It's mild in intensity, but the coffee note really endures. It's transparent, like the steam of coffee and the rose gives it a twist. It has enough warmth to make it good for the winter and its light enough to pull off in the summer. Yum.

Kiku
Kiku

A blind buy and one I awaited so eagerly! I love orientals and that coffee note everyone mentions
sounded so intriguing. Alas -- disappointment. This smells only like roses on my skin. That rich, warm coffee note came out briefly in the heart. It was exquisite! Intoxicating and heady. But it was gone in literally moments. We all have fragrances that are incompatible with our skins. "L'or" seems to be one of mine.

donnadonnabeauty
donnadonnabeauty

Love it, love it! This perfume is AMAZING and I always get compliments. But I can't find it in my country anymore, so sad!!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

Just bought it blind, 4 or 5ml. But it´s not my kind of perfume.
I have it for swap. Just tested once on my skin.
PM if you want to swap.

40plus&fab
40plus&fab

This perfume is incredibly elusive and incredibly expensive when found. Somehow, I got lucky and snagged a 100ml silken body mist for $13. The box arrived a bit worse for wear, but the bottle was full and the smell was intense. So intense that I cant image how the EDP. Anyway on to my review of the amazing mysterious frag.

On my skin it opens rather sharp yet bright, with alot of things going on almost overwhelming to be honest. Then I get some sweet florals and bitter coffee. It soon settles down into a deep smokey barely there rose soaking in a cup of hot Kahlua with cream. The lasting power and sillage is impressive for a body mist. I honestly wouldn't want this any stronger. This is really an amazing and unique perfume.

Kchild
Kchild

On me this is all about the rose and it's friends. It starts out as an extremely creamy fruity ~ish rose, juicy and milky all at the same time. Very unusual and oddly inviting, comforting. The coffee shows up on me after about 30 minutes and brings a rich depth to what begins so innocently. It literally goes from a sweet flirt to a grown up secret in no time! It never loses it's foamy latte edge or it's rosey light. They play back and forth back and forth complimenting each other in an extremely unique way. The fruit lifts this composition without ever taking it over, giving it permission to be both bright and warm. I get compliments every single time that I wear this, and I feel like I should love it more than I do. I wear it rarely and I'm not sure why? I don't want to give up what's left in my bottle....but I've had it a long time! I always feel like one day I'm going to try this and it's going to click for me and become a favorite.....but that day has yet to arrive. Longevity is amazing on me and though it wears close, it's definately not quiet. I would not search it out again....as of yet anyway. The intense version however fascinates and taunts me. I can't find it and so the unreasonable part of me is just SURE that it's going to have what L'Or original is lacking. I am positive, of course, that it is the elusive favorite made just for me......silly perfumista!!!

Descartes
Descartes

The opening reminds me Un Jardin sur le Nil by Hermès and the dry down is very alike L'occitane Honey & Lemon but more floral.

kyahgirl
kyahgirl

I love this fragrance because it is so unusual. The floral aspects are underplayed but the subtle coffee and cedar notes are what I pick up mostly. Its still very feminine though.

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

My friend has it, she says it smells awful on her....and i believe her cause she refuses to put it on, she says it smells like dirt with her skin,BUT on me......oh my god!!
It smells wonderful, beautiful......the coffee and vanilla with the mandarin and kiwi is just wow, wow and the rose with the blackcurrant *sigh* when she got it for me to try it on i couldn't stop sniffing it off my hand, it was soooo good!
It's fresh in it's own way; like when you wake up in the morning fresh, comfortable and happy to wake up to your day (which rarely happens lol) then have a cup of marvelous coffee. It's also woody and i think that tones down the fruity notes making it JUST RIGHT!!!
It stays for a long time but the silage is kinda moderate, it stays close to you but not limited to only you!! You know what i mean?!
It's very elegant and kinda warm, very relaxing and beautiful.

I'm getting this one very soon. I need it in my collection!
It could be worn day and night, I'm sure, specially by day. I think it could be pulled off any season, specially fall.

Always try a perfume on your skin before you get it!!

~~~>EDIT: I finally got it!! I'm soooooo happy it made me high today hahaha. The coffee smell is WONDERFUL!
After maybe like 4 hours after you apply it, there's a really soothing vanilla woody scent....aaaaah! I love it!

CozyCat
CozyCat

There's a really harsh note in it...the cedar smells out of place in this composition and so does the kiwi and angelica...I really hoped to get a warm milky-coffee scent embellished by dainty florals. But it's not that at all. It's warm, yes, strong too and woodsy, but it's just not what I expected. Someone mentioned it smelling a little 'musty', I have to agree with that. On the other hand, I ADORE the intense version of this scent (tested both at the same time)...that's the version you should go for if you're looking for a frothy, creamy, fresh off the kettle, sweet milky-coffee scent accented by amber and gentle florals. The original L'or de Torrent I would categorize as oriental or even woody oriental, it's stronger and more mature, the coffee note is inedible and it has herbal and woodsy tones with alot of sour fruitiness, I don't really get any floral notes. I'll give it plus points for being unique, but this is not a scent to buy blind, it's a bit of an oddball. But even if you dislike L'Or, you MUST try the intense version, you'd most probably love it as much as I do!

suhaesa
suhaesa

a beautiful, complex, velvety, soft oriental, musky ,
sweetish vanilla ..it has a certain charm to it ,its warm, embracing...a wintry, fall, scent.. its very feminine.. a bit seductive ..there is a certain note of sensuality to it...
a lovely scent.. that develops in to powdery, milky ,honey like dew on your skin ..its sophisticated ,rich ,full bodied ,and has a good over all silage and longevity..ts a romantic scent ..

rating 4 out of 5

Bklynlatinlady
Bklynlatinlady

The notes on this sound amazing. I've been looking for a coffee scent and many here recommended this. 1 problem, I can't find a sample anywhere or even to buy a bottle online, everywhere out of stock.

Does anyone know where I can get this?

fath1ma
fath1ma

I thought I would never smelled it! Thanks to Atiet97 who was very kind to let me get the decant! How dainty this Torrente ! I smell coffee and rose harmonious..elegant..wonderful.. It's gonna be my new fave soon as I get the full bottle ! :)

slone.8
slone.8

I have a 3.3. ounce and a 1.7 that I purchased and have no idea if it will ever be used. It does smell lovely but I get fruit and not much else from this. It smells just like Jessica Simpson Fancy Love on me. If you like this fragrance you might want to give that a try. Is this being discontinued?

akheperure
akheperure

The description of this perfume piqued my curiosity and I bought a tiny 5ml flask online.
After trying it on, I felt among the notes of this perfume a long forgotten scent that brought back memories of my first years in school, almost 50 years ago.
I've become kind of addicted to this fragrance. I like to put a few drops on my wrists in the evening, almost daily.
It feels comfortable, pleasant, elegant, a very tasteful perfume.
I've since bought a 30ml bottle (EDP), as I could not find anything else available either online or on shops.
I'm having a look at the Torrente website, and apparently they still carry this fragrance today :)

miss_piggy
miss_piggy

The bottle reminds me of John Phillip Law, at the end of Danger: Diabolik ;)
It smells alright..
I considered purchasing a bottle.
I have too many that I like better, so I'll just enjoy my 1 ml sample.
Kinda would like to buy an empty bottle, though..
I really like John Phillip Law.

HARPER569
HARPER569

I really need for this Scent to be put back on Department Store Shelves, I hate Traveling to Outlet Malls only to Buy Samples.

janzu75
janzu75

even though this is a women's fragance, it smells amazing in a man!!.. i got a sample one christmas at Saks Fifth Avenue here in NYC and got hooked since!.. thata time i got an special edition that had "gold dust" floating inside the bottle... it's a very refined elegant fragance. I'm sure I will keep buying it!

Nadia Beatriz
Nadia Beatriz

This scent is amazing.. I don´t know how can it have some horrible reviews about it :( but I respect all kind of tastes, whats matter is always give honest reviews.. Well this is a warm scent indeed,wich is probably better for the most could winter days..I see it has kiwi,wich I usually hate!!But honestly I don´t feel any kiwi on me!!It smells pretty much cofee and sweet vanilla.. SO YUMMI!! I love the bottle too.. Is so cute!! I think everybody should give it a try!! <3

Hippyhop2
Hippyhop2

This is a scent you either love or hate. It's a strong special scent. Lastingpower like no other! Don't use much, because it can be in your face. You need just a whiff of it, then it's good and not too pungent. Perfect for an evening on a cold day.

krmarich
krmarich

This is the one of the strangest releases of the new century. The bottle is perhaps one of the most beautiful one I have ever touched. It resembles gold leaf. The sprayer is fun to use.

My pleasure stopped there. I eagerly anticipated the coffee notes and could barely detect them. Instead, there was this cocophany of odd fruit and flowers that struggle for definition. They clash unnaturally and surround this rose. I find it more like cheap drug store body spray than fine perfume.

The base has an odd bittersweet vanilla cafe note. The entire melodrama plays itself out within a few hours and disappears off of your skin. This was in the summer heat. I cannot imagine its weakness in the cold.

Its not bad, just weak and unimaginative. The bottle looks great on the vanity, however.

cinsot
cinsot

Honeyed espresso rests deftly upon a tangy potpourri of tart fruit. A confounding accomplishment. A simply radiant opening.

Warmer tones of amber and precious woods greet you midway through the attractive evolution of L'Or de Torrente creating an overwhelming sense of well-being on this wearer.

Efflorescent magnolia and rose petals soaked in pure vanilla bean extract tempt the senses throughout inspiring calm confidence.

An alluringly feminine perfume (EDP) created for women, the kind that can haunt dreams...

carbocookie
carbocookie

My first ever truly blind purchase. Was nothing like what I expected, but I was not disappointed. I had expected a more intense "statement-maker" type of perfume, but it's a very easy-wearing, comfortable scent. It's gentle, but still has excellent sillage and lasts fairly well. The opening is nice, the fruit, florals and woodsy-coffee notes are all present but none of them take too much attention from the others. The dry-down is sweet, warm and mild, a natural kind of smell. On a personal level, I find it a comforting fragrance, makes me think of the smell wafting from the kitchen when my mother would mix marshmallows and butter to make rice krispie squares (not the same smell, but the feeling evoked). Lovely!

This is a "feminine" but A*Men is a "masculine?" Anyway, this one is very well blended, meaning that you can detect the notes but none of them are too strong and there's no harshness. It's also natural smelling. The dynamism is excellent and it is very pleasing for many hours. I've tried several other coffee fragrances, including New Haarlem, but right now this one is my favorite of the bunch, though Trussardi's Inside Man is quite good. Belle en Rykiel is very nice too (though with a bit of sharpness), but the coffee note isn't very strong in that one. Jacomo for Men ("Silver") is another one worth considering, if you like the idea of light vetiver and amber with a clear coffee note, and I'd call that one unisex too. Longevity is great and projection ("sillage") is at least very good. I could see, however, some getting bored or irritated of the coffee note in L'Or, because it is quite strong for a long time (though that's probably why those who like it are so happy with it). I have to be in the mood for this one, but when you have a large rotation that works out just fine.

Ana.I.Soares
Ana.I.Soares

It is my absolute favorite scent! I wear it on special ocasions, since it is so precious to me. Strangely I don't notice the coffee nor flowers; I can't quite put my finger on it, but maybe that's what makes a pefume cause a true impression on you. It is very warm and oriental, indeed! And also very deep, sexy, woody unforgetable and very long-lasting, classic but too dary to be worn by old ladies ;)
Night wear.
Love it bundles!

SheShe
SheShe

I was so anxious to know the fragrance because of coffee notes... and what I found? I found an interesting fragrance I didn't like to wear because I don't feel comfortable in it. The scent brings a small restaurant to my mind. Walls are covered in dark red and gold wallpaper, they are short and the fragrance is claustrophobic because of that. The whole scenery takes place just before World War II, a few people drink coffee and the atmosfere is quite surreal.

The opening was herbal on me, coffee was not my cup of tea ;) and the sillage was good. Bottle really refers to its content: the scent is like an ivy.

elfremar
elfremar

This beautiful fragrance is becoming harder to find,so I buy a bottle every time I come across it.I can spray it in the morning,and still smell it in the evening.It's not too heavy,and very classy,I love it.

stelladoro
stelladoro

If there is such a thing as a comfort fragrance, this is it. It is subtle and elegant while developing a character of warmth and relaxation. The coffee and iris are what make this scent unique, while the cedar wakes it up enough to be noticeable. I don't generally like the smell of brewed coffee, although I love drinking it, but with my favorites - cedar and iris - it' something rare and original.

smellME
smellME

This is though subtle and soft a little too weak for me,still a truly wonderful composition.
The blend of orange flowers, magnolia , coffee accords and vanilla makes it a nice day wear skin scent . It starts with a note I cant pick , maybe its litchie.
This is really wearable for everyday use, if it was a
slightly bit stronger I would have loved it even for nightwear. Still its a winner and a keeper for sure.
10 valuable ml from lovely Allinug - thanks/ Tack !

ANGELICA07
ANGELICA07

Very disappointing : I was expecting such a beautiful coffee note from this fragrance but I was left with .... nothing but a weak unoriginal scent, with kinda soft musky drydown.
I couldn't smell any coffee nor could I smell kiwi.

I would never call it a gourmand : this has no sweetness and no gourmand notes.
I would rather call it a "faint" oriental.

darkbeauty
darkbeauty

A beautiful capuccino latte opening sprinkled with nutmeg for interest... then within 25 minutes the coffee is consumed with a single gulp by a sour rose. I'm assuming it's the fruit that make it sour, screechy, and a bit sharp.

Why did the rose have to be so greedy and drink the coffee so quickly? It was the best part! And unfortunately it didn't stay with me for what would have been a monumental drydown for sure. I'm left disappointed...not for me.

Vamy69
Vamy69

This perfume is beyond fabulous. I do not even know where to begin my review. Everything about this is wonderful. The rose note in it is perfection. I wish I could bathe in this! 10 stars!!!!!

Peggspark
Peggspark

Gorgeous scent with an even more gorgeous bottle - perhaps one of the prettiest that I own!

candymarie

Something very bizarre has happened since i first reviewed this frag: i went from loving it enough to buy an extra bottle (because it's discontinued) to having an aversion to it only a few weeks later, after only wearing it occasionally. I'd even received validating compliments from young men!

For some reason i now experience it as an overly sweet, too intense and somewhat annoying fragrance. Now it smells like instant coffee, maple syrup and concentrated rose essence. I've waited a few weeks to say this to see if I would revert back to my initial impression, but I haven't. Very, very strange!

I'm not sure if I really tested this fragrance or if it was another, because it had another bottle - but it was called "L'Or Gold". Anyway, the scent for me was much too strong. I can see why "Angel"-lovers like such a scent, but for me it would be too overwhelming.

bubbles
bubbles

I guess I fell behind in the times! I just found this one & bought it blind! I'm so glad I did! What a beautiful scent! I just wished it would last longer on me! I cannot find the L'or Intense, which is a stronger version of it! If anyone has it & would like to trade, let me know Thanks!

Suheylah
Suheylah

That perfume gives me good memory. So magnificent. I love that!

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

I've heard many people praising this fragrance, so i had to check it out. Perhaps, my expectations were too high, because I would rate this as somewhere between "just ok" and "meh..".
What could have been a good coffee scent turned out to be spoiled by plasticky-sour blackcurrant and kiwi in the opening. Then the rose kicks in and normally, it should result in an improvement, but I received major headache instead. As for coffee - I've ha better. There is this soapy floral note as well, which makes me think of tuberoses (ugh...) It does get better at the end, but still fails to shine, imho.
I just wish there was more "cappuccino" and less of all those other notes that have ruined it for me.

As a recent coffee drinker, I have converted myself from hating the scent of coffee, to loving it. L'Or de Torrente is certainly coffee-based, yet there's a bit more to it than just the scent of a café.

The moment this fragrance touches the skin, there is an obvious sense of warmth and complexity. The coffee note is not overly strong like the scent of roasted coffee beans, but more milky, like the scent of an iced coffee with cream and a dusting of chocolate powder. Spices come into this composition too, giving L'Or de Torrente a rich, oriental feel.

Although the fruit notes, like litchi, black currant and kiwi fruit are present, my nose didn't detect them as being anything more than subtle. Rose and soft, creamy magnolia tended to blend a lot better alongside the coffee and vanilla accords, providing a feminine yet gourmand richness.

The scent is beautifully balanced and so well-constructed, that like BluDreamer7806, I too applaud the fine work of the perfumer. The drydown is perhaps a little bland after the coffee note begins to diminish and make way for soft, vanillary woods, but even so, L'Or de Torrente still has character and warmth.

The longevity is rather good, however the sillage is not all that strong. Honestly, I would have liked L'Or de Torrente to be a touch more bold and deeper. All in all it's still a shame that this fragrance is becoming harder and harder to find.

candymarie

Mmmmmmm!!! So, so beautiful!! Can't stop sniffing the wrists. Enough said.

krissycat
krissycat

I get a very strong coffee note from this fragrance. I've been looking for a coffee scented fragrance and for certain I found it. It does feel when wearing this perfume that you are in a cafe smelling coffee and pastries. What I find fascinating is that I absolutely smell wood in the notes as it describes. I think that is the only note I don't necessarily love, but yet it still works. I got the set with the perfume and lotion. I'm looking forward to wearing this

caitlina
caitlina

I just adore this scent. It reminds me of Hypnotic Poison, I often combine them. 24 hours later I still smell like vanilla. The staying power of this scent is great. Very highly recommended!

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Lychee and blackcurrent on opening with a distinct velvety smoothness from magnolia. A truly sweet floral introduction.

Cedar and angelica add a clean earthiness to the most divine transformation to come:

Roses--the richest, sweetest and most delicate; coffee--a soft caramelly floral blend, like the finest Hawaiian Kona imaginable and without a trace of acidity.

If I were blindfolded, I would have guessed that the roses and coffee came from two separate atomizers, much like lollipopsneeze described. Both are cleanly presented, yet compliment each other perfectly--yin and yang, to echo orangepoppy's sentiments. Now I know why I have two nostrils.

Smooth, feminine, rich yet delicate. This one hovers and haunts me.

claudiali
claudiali

A very special scent with coffee + rose + honey + wood. It's warm, soft, sweet, cozy and gentle.
Slow development with long lasting power.

After it dries, it become a rich and deep floral scent with coffee, vanilla and cedar around, which is a bit too mature for me. I would love to have it, a few years later. Recommend for ladies +35.

Bottle beautiful like an art piece!

onimoka
onimoka

I L O V E this one!!!
Just got it today and i am loving it. Good for all times of the year, if you ask me. Appropriate for both day and night. I actually bought this one based on the review from "lollipopsneeze" And i am now totally agree with all the description about this fragrance. Except that there was no disappointent :)
LOVE IT :)
So, thank you dear lollipopsneeze

sky76sky
sky76sky

My thoughts on coffee:
1 Coffee breath = stale, foul, musty
2 Instant coffee = bleugh, acrid, waste of water.
3 Freshly ground, correctly extracted = bright, enlivening & velvety
4 Freshly roasted beans = deep, dark, bitter-rich, earthy Mmmmmmm

My thoughts on rose:
1 teeny floral frags = too sour, too clean, too "much"
2 classic powder-puff frags = too staid, static, suffocating, heady
3 fresh blossom from garden = heaven-scent! Glory! Spring time & new love!
4 rose petal bath = steamed rose, immersed in nature's dewy warmth.

With that said, you would think that it would be near impossible for me to fall for a scent that mixes coffee with rose...but fall I have into the warm, enviting rose-gold folds on L'Or.

This scent manages to make a contemporary yet timeless mid-weight beauty out of these earthy earthly bounties of nature. For me it is a "4-4" combination offering the best of both starlets whilst being supported by a smooth & warm woody-vanilla base - never too sweet, too bitter or too overpowering.

The lasting power is good (even for edt) & I find this scent appealing as it is a "lean in" perfume with a "keep you interested" kick. Just like coffee give it at least 3 tries...it needs some time to get addicted. Lovely.

Annica
Annica

If I would choose a fragrance that brings childhood memories, it would be L´or the Torrente. I sit in the garden at grandma´s and she has cooked coffee and baked wheat rolls. I drink the coffee with sugar (just 7 years old!) and take a big bite out of the warm, delicious bun. The sun is shining and I get a whiff of the deep-red roses in the garden. I recommend this if you want a warm, cozy and unusual fragrance.

janudy
janudy

This was very interesting to smell--I got a light coffee note and some red, jammy fruits. I like pitbull friend's description of a doughnut filled with rose jam. There is something that smells musty, almost like I'm smelling coffee beans and not the drink.

I admit, I bought this for the bottle, but I'm intrigued by this perfume. These days, I smell perfumes that "reminds me of this and that" but I have to say I have not smelled anything like L'or before.

kraxa
kraxa

Got it for my 80-year old gran as a "get well" fragrance and gave it to her at hospital. Hope it will work its magic, as my grandma has always been a coffee junkie. The scent is warm, comforting, very "gentil"- not necessarily only for the retired ;-)

Cereza
Cereza

I had a really high expectations about this one as from lovely reviews and my addiction for coffee. Unfortunately I'm not getting any.

At the beginning it opens sharp, almost masculine as someone mentioned before. Oh, and on my skin I get alcohol, lots of it at the first spray, bet when the fume changes to it's sweeter part, thanks god, I don't feel any alcohol anymore. And I start to like the scent, but - it's nothing special. I don't get any coffee, nor the cozy sweetness what I expected. If someone would give me this as a gift, I would gladly accept it and wear in days when I'm in no mood of picking anything special, but I won't buy this for myself. Not even for the great price.

Pitty. I really wanted to love this.

IamWoman

Update: As I showered this morning, something told me to give L'Or another chance today. This time, I misted my clothing with it. Did I smell the cedar? Yes. But, this time, I also captured the soft coffee and rose combination. As the day has gone by, and the drydown has taken effect, I am entranced by the harmonious, elegant, almost "creamy", verrrrrry softly oriental fragrance this is. My husband keeps purring, "mmmmmmmmmmmmm...you smell nice". I continue inhaling my shirt, but I can't identify any ONE note. This is like a symphony of beautiful notes combined to play an amazing aria. I can't describe this fragrance, other than saying that it is indeed, "enchanting". I am SO glad I did not wait until autumn to give it another try, but I'm certain the cooler months will probably complement this fragrance even more. This is a definite "staple" in my collection...it is intriguing, mysterious, and captivating. I love it!!

IamWoman

I received my first bottle of L'Or de Torrente a few days ago, and I'm still not quite sure what to make of it. It does possess a certain elegance...an almost "vintage" or nostalgic scent. I am trying to get to know it...perhaps it fares better in cooler weather. I do sense the coffee and soft floral combination, but the most dominant note on my skin is CEDAR, and it hits hard!! I WANT to like this fragrance; I've read too many glowing comments NOT to. It's just that right now (perhaps it's the strong heat), the chemistry is just not working. Beautiful bottle, exceptional price (especially for an EDP), and unique notes. I'll give it another try around autumn.

kalios55
kalios55

L'OR DE TORRENTE
I finally found my signature scent. My favorite. At first I didn't like it when sniffed from the bottle although the scent turned into something magical once released from its gorgeous golden flask. It is so scrumptious & beautiful. It is fragile, gentle, warm, creamy & dreamy. L'OR DE TORRENTE truly makes me feel special .. as if it was created just for me.
It's floral & it's fruity. It's lighly sweet & it's spicy. It's shy yet so inviting. And I am in love with the woodsy smell! L'OR DE TORRENTE is a heavenly scent that was released way ahead of its own time.

Update:
Forgive me my dear L'OR DE TORRENTE .. I found someone new. I still love you though <3

I like this fragrance. Light coffee scent on the rose and not heavy amber sweet background. Lychee and kiwi are also noticeable. Nice, charming, elegant and long-lasting.

Matin
Matin

L.Or, a good way of beginning the day. A good coffee, notes of vanilla and something more fruity and fresh air in the surface.
For my spring and interesting.

LadyJedi
LadyJedi

L'Or is like bubbly coffee-flavoured champagne - warm and exhilarating, sweet and fresh at the same time! Sweet coffee and cedar are the most prominent notes on my skin and I can hardly sense any rose. Overall, I would classify it as a very distinctive, modern and a bit spicy oriental with very good staying power.

rithacha
rithacha

L'or de Torrente was a blind buy for me because I wanted a coffee scent and Trussardi Inside was too light and soapy for me. Previous reviewers said L'or is a deeper roast, which sounds about right.

Yet when I opened my box and sprayed a little, I was afraid either I was sent the wrong perfume or the bottle had gone bad. It opened with the nastiest burnt fruity rose confection I've had the horror of experiencing. Sharp acrid charcoal mangling what I barely discern to be a rose note. And no coffee in sight ... disappointment.

Yet even as my nose was pressed against my skin, the perfume was developing! The sharp fruity opening fell off like old leaves, leaving behind an impressionistic stamp of rose. Meanwhile, the coffee notes unfurled, extra dark mocha double-shot, all the works. The feeble vanilla and amber in the base do nothing to fixate the fragrance for lasting power, but L'Or remains true to the coffee note until the too-soon end.

My experience with L'Or is like a golden sunrise. The entrance of the coffee out of the burnt roses is every bit as brilliant and surprising as the first rays across a dark horizon. The warmth, depth, and goldness of the coffee recalls sunkissed earth. It is every bit as energizing and optimistic. L'Or is coffee at sunset. Unfortunately, that magical moment is every bit as short-lived.

Happyme2009

Changed my mind. I love it. The scent is divine. Still it should be about 100 times stronger, to be classified as an edp. Like this, is just a stunningly beautiful scent; to make it last you just have to spray forever and ever. And again. Repeat. don't let go of the bottle. Keep going. Now you are divine! Just don't stop. Success!

Happyme2009

I never thought I would say this.... but so far this is the greatest disappointment of my collection.
It is so weak, I can't even compare it to body mists. It's worse than that. It lasts, at the most, 10 minutes on my skin. Not much better on clothes either. And I bought it from a reputable store, so it is real.
Now the scent itself it a beauty indeed, fresh brewed coffee and rose and a tad a creamy sweetness. A hint of amber and smoke complete the picture. All this, in a couple of minutes.
Then NOTHING.
No trace, no drydown, no silage, it's completely vanished.
I had high hopes for this one, as the first minute or so, after the alcohol blast, does resemble my very loved Rose Praline from the Rosine line.... but that is such short lived, that I cannot help myself and say to everyone... don't buy until you try on your own skin..... because you might as well save your money for a real fragrance, not this rain water......
Oh, and the bottle, well, it could have been pretty, if it wasn't for the totally hideous golden plastic cheap looking top that ruins everything...
what a pity......

nyoka
nyoka

i like this coffee rich fruity floral.it reminds me of lounging in bed on a sat morning having my coffee and a tray of fresh peeled fruit at my side.

PacoGirl
PacoGirl

I like it. It is very warm fragrance.
Coffee and woods somehow are dominating.
Little bit of rose. Top notes very much mixed together so this berry punch is almost unnoticable (at least on me). I think L'Or more sutable for mature woman - elegant, beautiful, mysterious and enigmatic.

Raffaella
Raffaella

I think it's a very particular fragrance, so sweet and warm and, in the same time, so elegant! love it!

Gosha
Gosha

I am really mystified here and not in a particularly good way...
I tried this today and although I do like the coffee note (very much) and the woodsy notes and all that "dusty cedar" (someone else's expression) :-) notes...there is something disturbing in it too. I am really divided, because on one hand I am getting those delicious, comforting whiffs that make me keep sniffing my wrist and on the other hand I am thinking: "I would not want to wear this a full day...". It's almost as if there is a thin, red, sharp line going through this fragrance, that really, really irritates me and it irritates me even more that I can't identify what it is. :-D
Someone mentioned that it reminds them of Noa Perle and that's exactly it! Strangely Noa Perle was getting on my nerves, although there were a few notes that I found really lovable... But the "provocative" element was too strong to put up with it. I am still not sure about L`Or - I would say it's like a mellower, richer yet fresher Noa Perle. Shockingly something in here also reminds me of YSL Elle which is of completely different composition and I can't keep wondering what is it those 3 fragrances have in common that drives me so mad? :-D With Elle (that would be the most hated fragrance in my "portfolio" so far, haha!)
I will give it another try...but...if I don't feel that I would be comfortable wearing a fragrance still many hours later...I usually have to give them away... I would love to smell the interesting deliciousness on someone else every now and then though! :-)

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

This is the first modestly-priced scent I've smelled in quite some time that genuinely impressed me-
This is so many things in one, and not heavy-the coffee note is like a lovely light roast, while Inside by Trussardi is a good dark roast- Remember that light roast doesn't mean weak, and vice versa....
and blend this holograph of a coffee aroma with the scent of a kiwi-an elusive special fruit which I've adored on the tongue, without paying much attention to its scent-but there is something kiwi-like to accompany the usual citrus opening and black currant undercurrent-this smells quite clean with the soft florals which might smell soapy alone-magnolia contributes to a delightful breezy attitude of this scent, floriental and interesting but not heavy....This is fruited, but not very sweet-sweet, but sweet isn't one of the first words I would use to describe this gem....
I wouldn't describe this as smoky, or sour or bitter, or soapy either....
Let's see, not sweet, not bitter, nor sour nor clean nor heavy...?

L'Or de Torrente is definitely golden, soft, assertive, defying stereotype, not arrogant, but not bashful--Delicious, but not quite gourmand, oriental but not really spicy....
One of those rare perfumes worthy of the beautiful, beautiful, beautiful flacon!

vioversilver
vioversilver

Just got this for an incredible deal along with its body lotion.
The bottle is a precious little thing , looks like something out of a fairy tale to me.
For me this is very much a "for my own personal enjoyment" fragrance ,what I mean by that,its not a strictly sexy or a statement kind of scent, in my opinion - not that I don't enjoy all my frags for myself & their personality..

What this is , is a very comfortable ,addictive scent that I just can't stop sniffing my own wrist ! - this may not be the most sophisticated comparison but this brings to my mind a freshly baked baguette with some Nuttela & raspberry jam spread on it , and a steaming cup of good, strong coffee sitting next to it - this perfume smells like these wonderful things all together.

I do wish the fruit jam smell would stay for the whole duration on my skin , but it fades all too quick , all that stays is a fleeting hint of the berries , the florals in this are very shy on my skin, but still wonderful. Long lasting, very wearable scent.

All said , this is a very enjoyable ,unique fragrance & I'm going to love wearing it.

Moyra
Moyra

L'Or de Torrente is perhaps one of the loveliest perfumes I have ever had, and certainly the most beautiful warm coffee/rose scent ever.
A while back, I ran out of my first bottle, and had to run to get a new one. I seldom do this, but to me, L'Or is not only "full bottle worthy", its second and third and fourth bottle worthy!

L'Or is not necessarily "sweet", depite its gourmand/flowery side, because it has a pretty smokiness and a fruity, slightly sour side that transcends straight out "sweet" gourmands with fruits, spices and flowers, like Casmir by Chopard, another great in this genre. L'Or is also not, in my opinion, masculine in the least, but very feminine and inviting.
L'Or is also not necessarily a no character, no presence "safe" perfume (thankfully), its just a delicious perfume, unusual and warm, with comfy sillage and great lasting power. It works for me in winter and in summer : in winter because of the warm gourmand coffee notes, spices and vanilla, in summer because of the flowers and fruits.

Its hard to describe how unusual, elegant and yet also comforting L'Or is, with its soft vanilla/coffee wrapped in flowers and fruits, or how many compliments it gets from all age groups. Ultimately, to me L"Or is not just a perfume, its really a little miracle, which always makes me smile and gentles the edges of my every day life whenever I am stressed and wear it.

Mim
Mim

I wanted it so bad but then I was disappointed. I asked my friend to buy it for me because it isn't available in my country and well...it is not what I was expecting. I wanted to give it away because I thought it will be sweet and warm but on me it's dark and very elegant. However, my opinion is changing and the more I smell it, the more I like it. I think this perfume just takes time and that's it. So, I'll wait to see if there is chemistry between us and my guess is that there will be plenty because I start smiling every time I smell it. It is really lovely and very unique in every way.I smell roses, black coffee, wood and little vanilla. And I'm happy I have it! Well... now when I think about it, I won't change it! It's great!!!

e9rul7
e9rul7

absolutely incredible scent!!! love it!<3 i'm so happy that i ordered it!

Elumina
Elumina

I finally come to my review about L'or de Torrente.
Its a really unique coffee-rose-scent which i get out of it, very much powdery and like "Trvevil" said 'dusty'. At the beginning i also feel a masculine touch, but the dominant notes here are the creamy cappuccino and the soft rosè rose petals. I guess, it would be good wearing it on evening, but i also think its not wrong wearing it during the day or at office, because its not that overwhelming, but it doesnt mean that the pefume hasnt a long lasting power, the contrary is the case. The bottle is indeed a masterpiece.

Trvevil
Trvevil

On me it's coffee and very dusty cedar. It's very woody and I didn't get much flowers out of it. But anyway it's exceptional for me and not very expensive too. It does remind me more juicy and soft Trussardi Inside which I love very much too, it's like harsher much more woody scent on me. I didn't feel the top notes only something sweet along with woods at first. I guess I need to try that again. Bottle is very beautiful too- it's one of them that I like to take a closer look. I also saw similar red bottle with name Rouge.

lillybee
lillybee

I decided to order this fragrance when looking for a similar but better smelling 'Extraordinary' from Avon which disapponted me in practically not having any base notes developing on my skin. A lovely, warm, spicy coffe scent on me that turns into a cappucino smell just like blueberrypie said. I'm also getting some lovely 'dusty' cedar, the way I like it. Would have been interested in smelling florals in it, may catch it another time though. A definite thumbs up for the creator for this interesting and lovely blend, a modern and spicy gourmand fragrance with a kick of oriental.

asilverfire614
asilverfire614

L'Or reminds me of a sweeter version of Cacharel's Noa. The fruity top notes fade very quickly on my skin and the coffee note takes over.

Caramel is not listed as a note, but to my nose this is a sweet caramel coffee with subtle roses in singing softly in the background. Sometimes in the dry-down I think I can detect a faint trace of hazelnut, which reminds me of Cacharel's Noa Perle.

Unusual and well-balanced without being too sweet or too bitter, unlike most scents with coffee notes. This fragrance is beautifully done and has pretty good fixation, around six hours for me. Warm and inviting, I can't wait to wear this in the fall and winter!

Zocha
Zocha

It was my signature fragrance for a long time and this beautiful bottle! At first some fruity flowery impression along with more heavy coffee woodsy notes and then comes vanilla but in this just right amount which would not rather distinct it but integrate with others.
Lovely - worth trying.

Pa.princess
Pa.princess

I bought this because of the great reviews it received here. I was excited to find a "coffee" fragrance-since I am a coffee junkie. I guess I will have to try this a few more times because sadly,I could not smell the coffee. Maybe it's just my chemestry, because it did not seem to last very long either. I am sad.

ferrari
ferrari

On my skin it is cappuccino and nice sweet woody notes with spices. I like this scent and realy beauty bottle.

vertigo
vertigo

L'Or should be close to everyone who likes sitting in a cafe with a cup of delightful coffee and a doughnut with a rose jam filling.
A friendly, attracting, intriguing fragrance.
Longlasting.
It certainly draws attention, it is rich and hedonistic, more coquettish than sensual.
The coffee aroma provokes a conversation or a flirt, but is connected too much with a morning wake-up...
L'Or may seduce those who can't resist mystical and feminine scent of a rose. It is ment for daring, self-confident and intelligent women, who have a big sense of humour, who (if they want) can be mysterious and inscrutable.

blueberrypie
blueberrypie

What a lovely scent this is! I bought this hoping I would be able to smell the coffee note (since a lot of people seem to have trouble detecting it) and luckily, I am.
On me this opens fruity, and kind of aquatic in the background if that makes any sense. Then the cedar becomes more prominent and sticks around for an hour or two. I'm not too fond of cedar, it often smells like pencil shavings to me but in L'Or de Torrente it's not too bad. When the cedar starts fading away the coffee finally appears, though it actually smells more like a delicious creamy cappucino on me. With the cappucino comes this warm wintery vanilla scent. I could literally eat the perfume by this time, it's that good.
L'Or de Torrente is a slow developer, and it's staying power is magnificent. I sprayed only twice in the morning and I was still able to smell it the next day when I woke up.It's light, elegant and sophisticated... I wonder, how come not many people know about this scent? Well, who cares. I'm gonna keep it all to my self. Wouldn't want to share this little gem with the rest of the world. ;)

Kat1188
Kat1188

This is truly a beautiful scent. I've been wearing it for years and unlike most others that had once been my "favorite" this one never disappoints. It's like finally finding my true love. What is also wonderful is it's eclusivity. When I have it on, I get so many compliments from both men and women, yet no one has ever heard of it. For example, I love Michael Kors, but I would never wear it because I would smell like every other womwn in the city.

mmsmlzgud546
mmsmlzgud546

I got hooked by a free sample of this. Its kinda hard to find but it lasts! Its warm, sweet, elegant. Think Christmas time, sitting next to a fresh cedar tree with coffee brewing in the kitchen and a chocolate cake baking in the oven mmmmm. This scent manages to be gourmand and elegant at the same time. It is concentrated and does develop with time. Perfect!

Mitsouko
Mitsouko

Very interesting. Original connection of bitter coffee, forest fruits, kiwi, with bit wanilla, ambra and wood notes. Such sweetly - bitter. Expressive. Warm, elegant. Oriental, but without dirty notes, wich I don't like which in classics orientals fragrances. Nice, but determined, vibrant, changing. Fine. For brunettes, or for blonde, or red haired woman etc., she have temperament brunettes. A bit, really, only a bit old-fashioned, but to adorable manner. Beautiful. I wanted soft Inside by Trussardi, but meantime I have obtained strong, warm, L'Or by Torrente and I don't regret. I be glad beauty. L'Or adds vigor me.

F_A
F_A

Sweet deep black coffee and mysterious roses - a wonderful and incredible combination of scents reaching your nose. Love this fragrance and the bottle is absolutely fabulous!

L`Or de Torrente by Torrente 3.92 out of 5 based on 406 ratings and 86 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Torrente L`Or de Torrente fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Torrente L`Or de Torrente, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`Or de Torrente by Torrente. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`Or de Torrente by Torrente represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.