Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Tory Burch Tory Burch for women

Tory Burch Tory Burch for women
dislike

Tory Burch Tory Burch for women Pictures Tory Burch Tory Burch for women Pictures Tory Burch Tory Burch for women Pictures

Along with make-up collection and perfumed body care products, Tory Burch is launching her first perfume, which arrives on the market on September 26th 2013 (in presales from September 6th 2013). Tory Burch collaborated with Karyn Khoury from Estee Lauder Cosmetics and IFF on creating her first fragrance and she worked on product design, selection of notes and the whole look of the line.

Tory Burch opens with notes of grapefruit, pink pepper, currant buds and leaves, mandarin and neroli. The heart blooms with peony, tuberose, mimosa, jasmine, carrot seed and sweet alyssum, on a base composed of vetiver, cedar, sandalwood and white musk.

The fragrance can be obtained as 50 and 100ml Eau de Parfum, as well as solid perfume in a pendant on the characteristic Burch chain. Among accompanying products, one can choose between body cream, body lotion, perfumed shower gel and perfumed candle. Make up collection encompasses lipstick, bronzer palette for face and face brush.

Grapefruit Pink Pepper Cassis Mandarin Orange Neroli

Peony Tuberose Mimosa Jasmine Carrot Seeds Alyssum

Vetiver Sandalwood White Musk Cedar

Clinique Happy

Tory Burch Fragrance Reviews

Aspendina
Aspendina

hubby likes it, but I am just so/so with it. it is citrusy but doesn't smell very young. It dies off quickly too, I have reapplied it 3 times in just an hour.

Dara813
Dara813

Very citrusy and doesn't change much throughout the day. It is a very pleasant scent, kind of like Acqua Di Gioia without the sugar. It doesn't last very long on me. Only about 3 hours.

Kiera79
Kiera79

I think I like this.... It's not what I usually go for, but it's nice. Kind of a spicy, orangy scent and not sweet at all.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

Like most everyone else, this undeniably reminds me of Happy. I can't fault it for that because I love Happy, but its similarity probably isn't going to work in its favor as far as popularity goes. Most people have been there, done that.

But if you haven't bought the T-shirt yet, this is a good option for an everyday fragrance. This is less sharp, slightly more floral than Happy and no less an office friendly scent.

arrode
arrode

A very generic smelling fragrance. Fresh, clean, and citrusy, but not a standout perfume in any way. Would be a good, unoffensive office scent.

JPS1979
JPS1979

Pretty bottle made me sniff this as I was browsing at Sephora. What a boring, uninspiring fragrance. Run-of-the-mill. Not awful, just nothing special at all. Thumbs down

Chiquis
Chiquis

I received a free 0.14oz travel spray of Tory Burch with my Sephora purchase today. I would classify this as a "citrus fresh". Clean, happy, uplifting. Nothing groundbreaking but also nothing offensive (thus good for work/school).

Overall: Blah

nancy920
nancy920

The fragrance is your typical fruity floral. It sort of seems like Starburst or some other fruity candy. A little too boring, but still smells nice.

Raven NessRavenous
Raven NessRavenous

I consider myself to have good discretion, but is it rude to comment on a dupe I found of Tory Burch? Because....at Cato's Fashions, I found an impression called "Too Much," and all I have to say is, after many a bad experiences giving dupes a chance, I love this dupe and I have never smelled the original Tory Burch. It is clean, citrusy, and reminds me of Clinique Happy Heart which I had just purchased right before I purchased the Tory Burch dupe! Go FIGURE! So if I love this dupe, I wonder how much I will like the real thing!

sparkybish
sparkybish

A surprisingly bold citrus floral scent with a musky base, this fragrance is linear from first spray until its fade away many hours later. Which, if you like the scent, is a good thing. I like Tory Burch, it works for for me as a summertime casual scent. It reminds me of summers in Connecticut, playing tennis and having dinners on the patio by the pool. White dresses, tanned limbs, and walks at night.

Inventress
Inventress

To me, Tory Burch’s EdP smells like citrus + white flowers, which I generally enjoy. It is very much an orange-centred scent, with neroli and mandarin orange opening in the topnotes. In the midnotes, I smell an edible mix of mimosa, jasmine, and tuberose. The base is a definite musk – a common and safe choice for major market releases. Overall, it smells like a white cream cake with a sweet orange filling. I wouldn’t name this a fresh fragrance (although it is by no means heavy), but my boyfriend did smell green in it, which he liked a lot.

Perhaps more was expected of Tory Burch’s first fragrance. It is not a masterpiece, but I think it is a worthy summer scent and not at all boring.

teadrinker
teadrinker

Having read the description and the notes of this fragrance I had high hopes, but I was not particularly impressed with this perfume. It has a sort of generic, light floral scent that I associate with springtime perfume. It smells quite "traditionally perfumey" when first applied. I'd call it a classic light floral scent. It's not that's it's terrible, it's just that there's nothing original or impressive about it. The scent was also a bit heavier than I expected. I'd definitely locate it on the heavy end of light. While well-suited for spring, I think it might be too heavy for hot summer days.

Cookiefan
Cookiefan

Tory Burch is a great everyday smell that would work for any environment. It is so versatile and practical. Tory Burch is very safe to wear for work since it doesn't smell offensive in anyway. It is simple, crisp and clean yet still has personality. The only problem would be the longevity. I think this perfume would be best for the daytime, during summer and spring, although wearing it other times could be okay too.

HANDAN86
HANDAN86

this smells a lot like Chloe by Chloe, Tory Burch has a tad bit more citrus and soapy smell at the base instead of the rose base Chloe has.
this is nice for spring and summer.
very fresh and airy!
pretty fragrance.

nebbe
nebbe

This turns thin on my skin after the initial notes wear off. It is not successful for me, and I gave my samples to a friend who enjoys more unisex fragrances. I like more body and warmth in my scents.

It's fine, really, a fine spring-fall office scent if it works for your chemistry. There is a freshness to it that I can appreciate.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

Very pretty scent, good job Tory (the price is a tad so so tho), perfect for the warmer months, I will add though while yes it is very nice, it's nothing I can't say new I smelled, this gave me a familiarity, I see quite a few people are saying 'Happy', which I don't get Happy to me is even cleaner/ more lighter then this, && the Tory smells way stronger, to me I get more of a Gucci Flora vibe from it, with it's citrus/floral && slightly spicy tone. However, that's prob just, me but hey I like Flora, so naturally I'll like this too, from the lil sample I got for my mom I tried a smidge on the longevity was pretty good!, not so sure with the sillage but it's an EDP so I imagine it's pretty decent, try it out if you're a Tory fan I'm sure you'll enjoy this, I will also add that the scent matches the bottle, I think orange with this, it's bright like a sunny day!. :)

Overall: 8/10

buubuu
buubuu

Soft yet powerful feminine perfume.. I love to get this scent from the people I love, feel divine on them... Yep I also wear it... Lovely and comfortable

nush imogen
nush imogen

very very citrusy,a day fragrance best for spring, it's nice for it being her first fragrance but somehow i expected more.

Debshee
Debshee

Love this and it gets better and better during the dry down. Sweet enough to get my attention but a moderate, sophisticated sweetness, not like candy. Reminds me of Pleasures (or what I remember of it) and a bit sweeter than Happy. Lasts for hours on skin and very long lasting on clothes. Stays pretty close to the skin so great for work. No masculine patchouli or strong musk. Great for any occasion if you just want to smell nice if it goes with your body chemistry.

If only it had been stronger, this smells nice, soft floral, but sooo light!?
I like it, feminine, mostly floral, with a hint of sweet notes..I detect the mandarin..I am on the edge with it, would it be cheaper, I would buy a bottle, there is something pleasant about it, kind of a stylish floral scent...
I don't detect much neroli really..this isn't to me a bright neroli perfume.
I guess I need to wear my sample more, and decide whether or not to purchase a bottle..UPDATE
I did buy a bottle, I like it, classy scent, a bit like Elie Saab EDT

craftyminx
craftyminx

The combination of these notes could have been beautiful on me, if it had been balanced differently. Unfortunately, though, all I get is the citrus, and everything else gets lost. It would have been lovely if I could smell the neroli and the sandalwood in it, as those notes are favorites of mine, but they just disappear.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I only tried it once so far and unlike most reviewers I don't find it all that "common"
If anyone remembers "White Camellia" by St John that they came out with ,back in mid 90s, I think TB smells very similar to that. Starts with citrus top notes, then transforms in rather lush floral. I guess I don't see similarities to "Happy" other than top notes. So far I really like this(and I am not really into floral perfumes) so will try it again to make sure its full bottle worthy

sunshinegurl17
sunshinegurl17

This reminded me of Healing Gardens Mandarin Therapy. Smells nice if you want to smell like oranges. The scent of oranges just overwhelmed me and I couldn't get past it. If this fragrance had been out when I was a teen I probably would have loved it. Now it's not my thing.

Whit
Whit

I got a sample of this with one of my recent orders, and yes, it is reminiscent of Clinique's Happy. I like it though! It's very spring-like and effervescent, so it would be great for those carefree spring/summer days. I would classify it as a "mood booster" fragrance; one of those that you spray on to shake off a bad day. It instantly put me in a good mood when I sprayed it on, and it lasted quite a while on my skin. I had sprayed it on around the early part of the evening and could still smell it on my wrists the next morning, even though I had washed my hands a few times the night before. The sillage was moderate on my skin as well. I will say it's a bit overpriced for what it is though, which is disappointing.

kateapple
kateapple

This is a disappointment. Like a lot of users have said, it's extremely similar to Happy by Clinique. It's a very generic, uninspired scent. Linear, short-lived, basic.

nadiadncr
nadiadncr

Ok this is happy and happy heart together, save yourself some money and buy it from Clinique, it's cheaper and has better staying power. Very unimpressed that they recycle perfumes....

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Very ordinary light floral perfume, so ordinary that I cant remember any notes)))
Tory, stick to your jackets)))

Martaynd
Martaynd

Discovered this in Jan.2014. First sniff in store, I was not impressed. Smelled like a blast of oranges. Walked away to discuss other fragrances with SA of a $$$Euro line. Unbeknownst to me SA gave me an unlabeled tester of it. The subject of TB was forgotten amongst the subsequent perfume chat. Fast forward to this week when I found the vial and decided to test it on clean skin. Wow!! Went to bed and woke the next morning wondering what this was. Racked my brain trying to remember. TB was totally out of my mind because I didn't like what I smelled at the counter. It had to be from that super expensive Euro line I was sniffing afterwards.

Took the vial back to the SA at the Euro line to help me figure out what it was. He couldn't remember. A different SA comes to assist and suggests it TB. I'm saying "nooo". She brings the TB bottle, we spritzed and wait for he dry down and voila! The winner: Tory Burch!!!

Ladies, don't let this one fool you. How she starts is NOT how she finishes. You have to give her time to rest and dry down. Definitely plays different on skin than fabric. I did not care for the blast of citrus right out of the bottle, but the floral that develops later is lovely. It is fresh, clean, bright and very feminine. So glad I found it.

Eirlys
Eirlys

I was really excited to try this perfume, and when I smelled it on a strip of paper, it was a normal, a bit generic scent. I tried it again on my skin at a sephora and was genuinely surprised. It's really fruity with the grapefruit note at first, but gradually it becomes more floral and woody as well. It becomes special, I just keep smelling my wrists afterward. And the scent last days on my clothes too. It's a bit different on my sweater than on my skin though (it's sweeter on skin imo.)

I feel like it's important to try this perfume on your skin first, let it sit there for a while and then you can determine if you like this or not. The longevity is about 6 hours on skin and even more on clothes, and people complimented me on the scent when they're about an arm length away, so I guess if you want it to sit really close to your skin, 1-2 sprays are enough.

Tory Burch's first fragrance is a great surprise for me, and I can't wait to try other fragrances by her, if she decides to create more.

Cddimauro
Cddimauro

I just tested this today and overall I thought it was a "nice" scent. It's a citrusy, fresh floral, though not green. Once the citrus fades the scent becomes pretty linear, with a soft, almost soapy dry down. If you're looking for something to wear to the office, this would be a safe bet, as I doubt anyone would find this offensive. Not sure that's it's worth the price tag however, since you could find something similar at a fraction of the cost. If you're looking for something complex you should definitely look elsewhere. If I had to sum it up in one word: meh. And I'm really not that picky when it comes to fragrances.

Egyptian Goddess
Egyptian Goddess

I am just in love with this. effervescent citrus, but not overly sharp or perfume-y. It is just so pretty. I am going to ask for a bottle for valentine's day.

almarie
almarie

I don't like this one. I just sampled it today at Sephora and I honestly did not like it! In a magazine recently, I smelled it and I thought it was pleasant, but in reality, not so much. Oh well,at least the bottle is cute!

chittylafemme
chittylafemme

This is an inoffensive citrus-floral with little complexity. This would be for someone who enjoys a nice clean floral scent and doesn't want to offend anyone around. Not for someone who enjoys an olfactory adventure, as it seems to be quite flat. it's nice, but not great.

sweetiepea161616
sweetiepea161616

Woo hoo! It's finally in the database! Been wearing this for two solid days, and this is what I think...

When you first spray it, it's like a fresh glass of orange juice. It's fresh, citrusy, light, and VERY orange-y and grapefruit-y. I detect a slight hint of neroli, and a tiny bit of cassis, but mainly a blast of citrus. The drydown, imo, is a bit "muddled", if you will. The flowers are all thrown in a big pile and it's hard to make out what is there. Don't get me wrong, it's nice, it's just that there is not one particular flower that really shines. When it dries down, I get a hint of soft sandalwood and a whisper of musk, but I don't really get the vetiver or cedar. The drydown is very soft and by the time you get to that stage, it's quite faded and hard to detect much of the base notes. It's definitely a clean scent, and although not soapy, I could see where someone could get that feeling. It's definitely clean and there is no sweetness to it at all.

Overall, I do really like this scent, though it may be a bit "boring" or "simple". I think it's a "top-heavy" scent, if you will, as the scent is mainly top and middle notes, and I don't get much of a drydown, but I do like it and I think it's great for spring and summer. The longevity and sillage aren't that great, but the scent is very sheer, fresh, feminine, inoffensive, pretty, and great for pretty much everyone. I do agree with rickyrebarco that it's sort of a Clinque Happy type scent, but to me that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's not usually my thing, but hey, sometimes you have to change it up (even if you're calling on the 90's to do it!) lol

I give it an overall 83/100, and I think I might consider buying a bottle (just because I can't usually wear scents of this nature, but this one doesn't give me a headache and I still like it after about 30 sprays throughout the day), but keep in mind you will have to reapply frequently, which is a shame!

shoreshells
shoreshells

tested yesterday at Bloomingdales and loved it! It's on my Christmas wish list. The first feeling/thought; was this is a true woman's fragrance. It can't be mistaken for a young girl or woman. It lasted very long and made me feel sophisticated, independent, strong. I didn't care whether or not it was noticed or what's been said regarding the smell. I really liked the emotions/feelings that it brought to me.

Staceyann74
Staceyann74

Prettyswag it smells like a lighter version of Fred Hayman Touch

prettyswag
prettyswag

This smells like a boring V.S..type perfume....over a 100 bucks for this? This has been done back in 1997..not sure who...but this clean scent is not too great or exciting...pass..

nellyrlight@aol.com
nellyrlight@aol.com

I don't necessarily understand the designer quality of this brand..but this is a pleasant, clean scent..my humble opinion.

nenuphar
nenuphar

Gorgeous bottle and oh so boring perfume. So disappointed.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

A soft floral, with sharp citrus notes and green synthetic undertones. Soapy dry-down, then poof,
not even a trace is left in 15min.Love the clothes,
the fragrance leaves much to be desired.
Totally uninspired.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I tried this new fragrance today and it was a big disappointment. Beautiful bottle, but the juice is pedestrian at best- boring, preppy water that smells like so many things you have smelled before. The grapefruit note overwhelms, at least to my nose and the vetiver and woods are stronger than any of the florals. I detect hardly any musk at all. This is sharp, reminiscent of a cross between White Linen and Clinique Happy and some sort of citrusy air freshener. I definitely would not waste my money on this one. I love Tory Burch's bangles and handbags, but this scent is a loser in my estimation.

Tory Burch by Tory Burch 3.16 out of 5 based on 180 ratings and 41 user reviews

Tory Burch Tory Burch Rollerball 0.20 oz Eau de Parfum Rollerball
Tory Burch Tory Burch Rollerball Cracker 0.20 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Tory Burch Tory Burch Rollerball Cracker 0.20 oz Eau de Parfum Spray
Eau De Parfum 1oz
Tory Burch Eau de Parfum Spray 1 oz.
Tory Burch Eau de Parfum Spray 1 oz.
Tory Burch Eau de Parfum Spray 1 oz
Tory Burch 'Chic Luxe' Set 188 Value
Gift Set 3.4oz
Tory Burch 'Chic Luxe' Set 188 Value One Size
Tory Burch 'Chic Luxe' Set 188 Value One Size

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tory Burch Tory Burch fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tory Burch Tory Burch, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tory Burch by Tory Burch. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tory Burch by Tory Burch represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.