Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

dislike

yellow floral
aldehydic
Tosca Tosca for women Pictures

Tosca is an edition for women and it attracts attention with its character and feminine classic, leaving an elegant impact. It encompasses a fresh blend of bergamot, lemon, orange, neroli and aldehydes, with a heart blossoming with jasmine, rose, lily of the valley, ylang-ylang and daffodil. They rest harmonically on a sensual base of vanilla, ambergris, labdanum and patchouli. The fragrance appeared back in 1921, but it was presented in a new package in September 2008, accompanied with perfumed body care products.

Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Orange Neroli Aldehydes

Jasmine Lily-of-the-Valley Rose Ylang-Ylang Narcissus

Vanilla Amber French labdanum Patchouli

Tosca
Chanel No 5 Eau de Toilette
Shalimar
Miss Dior
Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere (2015)

Tosca Fragrance Reviews

Parfumee
Parfumee

TOSCA

TOSCA

GROUP: FLORAL ALDEHYDE

NOTES: ALDEHYDES BERGAMOT LEMON ORANGE CITRUSES NEROLI ROSE JASMINE LILY OF THE VALLEY YLANG YLANG LABDANUM NARCISSUS PATCHOULI VANILLA AMBER

SILLAGE: Moderate Radiates Within Arm's Length

LONGEVITY: Moderate 3 to 6 Hours

REMINDS ME OF: CHANEL NO 5 SHALIMAR 4711 MAURER & WIRTZ

Tosca by Tosca is a reissued 1921 Maurer & Wirtz Tosca with less aldehydes more citrus and more vanilla. This is a refreshing citrus based scent. It's cool, fresh and delicious as it opens with the natural bergamot and orange. The aldehydic content in it only helps to give it a clean soapiness. It feels like this product belongs in the bathroom to put on after your shower. This is also very floral with jasmine narcissus and ylang-ylang as well as French labdanum. Soft white flowers. The dry down is one of amber, hot amber and sweet vanilla. Very easy to wear, nothing complex, beautiful, innocent, soapy a tad powdery and in the context of 2016 very hard to find and very rarely worn. That's why you should wear it. The price is very cheap but the fragrance is of high caliber and has been compared to Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar. I find it less intense than Shalimar like a more powdery and even more vanillic Shalimar. This is a really nice perfume and highly recommended.

Marie69
Marie69

Tosca is a nice cologne. For me a true classic. Fresh, like 4711, but with alot of soulful basenotes too. More womanly than manly to me, but great for all as it can easily work for men and women. I remember my friend´s German Mom had this along with many bottle of 4711. I remember the Tosca bottle to be on the Mom´s dresser. I am sure this scent takes many of us back to the 60´s and 70´s. I think many young people would like this too if it were marketed under something ¨cool¨.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

With a name like TOSCA, the title of that grand romantic tragic Italian opera by Puccini, one would have expected a strong, romantic, glamorous fragrance one could wear to the opera. One also expects something similar to Krizia's Teatro Alla Scala. It's noting like that. This is not a bad fragrance but it's definitely more of a cologne that can be worn by both men and women. It's from an old German company called Maurer and Wirtz 4711 that have since the 1700s 1800s 1900s sold mostly colognes for both men and women. In the 1970's 4711 sold various interesting colognes and advertised them with funny ads like men and women needing to cool off together drinking cocktails in an outdoor restaurant by splashing themselves with 4711 cologne. Another ad sold it as an "ice cold" cologne to put on when the weather is very hot. In Tosca you get a very warm hot fragrance probably consisting of patchouli, an orange and a red rose. While it is very strong once you put it on, it completely disappears after 2 or 3 hours. This leads me to believe that it's a unisex cologne one wishes to wear when one has to be somewhere for a short time just to put something on: a casual day of running errands, a PTA meeting, meeting your kids teachers at school, a job interview, an audition for theater TV or film, a visit to the library or book shop, a concert. It's also best worn in winter months and colder months like October through February. Even though it wasn't the loud romantic operatic fragrance I thought it would be, I found it very charming and likable. It's also very rare and hardly anyone wears it. 4711 and Maurer & Wirtz is barely getting by in a competitive world of fragrances made by Dior, Chanel, Lanvin, Yves Saint Laurent, Ralph Lauren, Revlon, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, and of course all the young celebrity reality star, rappers, singers and actresses: Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Madonna, Paris Hilton, etc. This one is a little gem.

Frayja
Frayja

In the 80's every women in Greece has it.
I had an wrong idea of this being cheap,awful and discontinued.
I find it today and is a great chypre/aldeydic fragrance!
If Estee don't fits to you,choose this.Are similar.
Is a very well done fragrance,cheap in price and high quality in feeling.Sparkle,sunny,playful and "serious"also!But not overdated,on me at least.
(My oppinion,choose it for colder times.)
I m so happy I found a smell of my childhood dancing around again.
Give it a try!

schamberae
schamberae

just got it from my authorized online shop for $25. first dab smell a bit strong and I smell a nutmeg. after 5 minutes, i love this powdery smell like a fancy baby product or kinda Enchanteur talcum powder..sooo classy back in the 70's 80's when beautiful mothers wore this to formal and holiday event... sweet and warm childhood memories. are you sure this is an eau de cologne? this is perfume extract.

I want to sleep in a fluffy pillow and blanket everytime smelling this cologne. try to wear this right after you took a shower and feel the mother's huuuuugggg...

update : hey hey hey... I realize that this tosca has similar powdery notes with Shalimar. Johnson n' Johnson quality with strong nutmeg and herbal notes. no wonder they were born int he same year (even tosca were earlier), same era. tosca, you're rock!

Sofia Ambrose
Sofia Ambrose

There's something so "yesteryear" about Tosca and I'm not sure where I've smelt it before but it seems that I might've smelt it on someone during my childhood as there's no adult memory of it. So, you could say it’s quite unforgettable. At first blush this fragrance seemed a bit too herbal or medicinal, yes, manly, like something you might smell on an old-fashioned gent. But then it dried down to the most delightful scent, perhaps a bit like 4711 Eau de Cologne, only more intense and a bit sweeter. The next day I tried it on again and absolutely fell in love with it. Now I just can't get enough... So yes, both men and women could easily wear Tosca. I for one wouldn’t mind smelling it on a fella…

travelnut
travelnut

Am SO excited to discover that Tosca still exists; I fell in love with it when aged 17 (40 years ago!) then after marrying couldn't afford to keep buying perfume. It sprang to mind several times over the next four decades so decided to Google it tonight and am rapt to find I will be able to resume buying it - hope it hasn't changed over the years!! Will let you know when I've obtained some ...

alicektn
alicektn

I have an Eau de Cologne bottle from my mother. Soft, powdery and has an almost herbal quality to it. Very delicate composition. I also smelled the relaunched edition, but i found it harsh and masculine.

patxaran
patxaran

Like so many others of you this is probably the first perfume bottle I had a sniff of.. when rummaging through my Grandmother's dressing table. The forbidden act of "using" perfume was the only exciting thing about it, otherwise its fragrance until today can only be described as Eau de Hell for me!!!

littleibu
littleibu

This is my first perfume. I was in my first year and my mum was always put this perfume on me. I love it though... I am 45 now, and I still love it.

Jonayla
Jonayla

I don`t like it myself. But it`s my granny`s scent. And I have lot of sweet memories... It`s very old fashion.

wum
wum

I love this one. There is considerable difference between eau de cologne, eau de toilette and eau de parfum. The cologne smelles very sharp and soapy and I would not recommend it. The other two are much warmer/nicer. If girls think it's 'old woman' and stay away from it - fine with me. I like to use a perfume that is not on everyone else.

olgina
olgina

well, my friends tosca is back again in my country. you will find it at hondos center in new packaging and it costs only 11 euro. but lasts only 1-2 hours.

dezaval
dezaval

This is the perfume my mother used to wear back in the 70s and 80s. It reminds me of her a lot. At that time, most women wouldn't buy expensive perfumes and they would wear them in special days or occasions (Sundays, weddings, cocktail parties, etc). It is descent, soapy and clean perfume, it lasts for about 2-4 hours and it recognisable. This means it has character and thus, deserves to be given a chance. Mostly recomended for spring time.

Fiferstone
Fiferstone

I was first introduced to Tosca by the much-older daughter of my Dad's best friend. She wore this as her regular scent and every time I smell it I think of her. It's very evocative for me, but I tend to reserve it for hot summer days because it is so light and fresh. I bought my bottle on a trip to Germany in 1988, so I've been nursing it carefully for a while. It's a bit heavier than 4711 original EDC, I'm a patchouli freak, and it's my go-to summer scent that has patchouli without being cloying/overpowering.

Maki
Maki

They don't sell it anymore in my country (at least I don't see it anymore in the shops) but some (long) time ago, I got myself over the name..'Tosca'...I did not find that name very inviting for some reason, nor did I find the bottle and package inviting.
But one day I just tested it...Wow..I simply couldn't believe that something as cheap (!!) and simple as that could smell so delightful!
It smells clean and a little soapy, hard to describe, but very delicate and still intriquing enough to feel feminine, elegant and sexy, but in a decent way.
The lastingpower and sillage are wonderful and still it's not offensive and never 'too much'...
Got many compliments, wearing it, too.

Mmmm...see if I can order it...after finding out that many scents that aren't on the shelfs anymore, still can be ordered (like Jil Sander Woman III)...I might give it a try.

weegee
weegee

An oriental floral to wear in the heat of summer daytime, unlike other orientals (Panthere, for example, or L'Heure Bleu, or Nuit de Noel) which I tend to reserve for evenings in fall and winter.

The patchouli is barely noticeable & perhaps that's why it seems more summery while still having an oriental flair. Make no mistake though, there is a certain 'heaviness' here, despite the citrus in the opening.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tosca Tosca fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Tosca Tosca, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tosca by Tosca. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tosca by Tosca represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.