Designers » T-Z » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Tova Signature Tova Beverly Hills for women

Tova Signature Tova Beverly Hills for women
dislike

Tova Signature by Tova Beverly Hills is a Floral Woody Musk fragrance for women. Tova Signature was launched in 1983. Top notes are bergamot and aldehydes; middle notes are lavender and jasmine; base notes are musk, sandalwood and amber.

Bergamot Aldehydes

Urban Nomads for Her

Tova Signature Fragrance Reviews

Elviel
Elviel

Predominantly this is lavender and white musk.

The lavender is not sweet like a French lavender nor is it sharp like a Spike lavender; it is somewhere inbetween and a little pithy.

The musk is a clean musk; to my nose there is none of the pear/fruit like quality that some of the musks give nor is there a woody weight to the perfume that some musks give.

There is so little in the way of base notes coming through that to me it is a Mrs. Tophalf perfume in dire need of bottom half balance, to richen the smell and make it less linear.

It is a very pleasant scent but I find it too simple, too linear, and lacking in depth so very rarely apply it to wear - most of my uses have been to try and decide what I think of it.

Bottle circa 2010/2011 after QVC bought the rights.

truffles
truffles

Yes, Signature is predominantly a musk - at least the one I've got which I think is the latest incarnation.
I see that it is indeed slightly reminiscent of JLo Glow, as someone else said.
If you look on the QVC's, UK & US, you'll see very mixed reviews for this, as apparently the 80s one was stronger/better for a lot of people.
I see what they mean by weak for a supposed EDP strength but I think, as someone said on QVC US, that you may not find it strong on yourself but it does project and others do notice it.
It does also have quite an oily texture.
For me, the musk element of Signature is more predominant than the 'clean' White Linenish aspect, which you do catch a lovely whisper of once in a while as you wear it.
Overall, I quite like Signature, it's a welcome addition to my wardrobe as I was so bored of everything I have already and wanted something a bit different.

karrieann
karrieann

I have several bottles of the original black lidded, frosted bottle Tova, a couple of Signature Royal and a couple of the newest Tova Signature in the tall slim bottle with the gold cap and little bow on the neck. Personally, I ADORE them all! While I will trust that there are subtle differences in the scents, if only for the fact that good ol' fragrance laws (?!?!?) have made certain ingredients illegal. (Thank you, Big Brother, for saving us from ourselves...)

But to my rather unrefined nose, these all smell delightful! Soft, confident, sexy. Clean with a dash of raunchy musk to keep it interesting.

The past 3 days, I have worn the tall slim Tova Signature and all 3 days men have told me how wonderful I smell. Two of them wanted to know what it was. I wear many different wonderful fragrances but sometimes I wonder if those fragrances are wearing me rather than me wearing them. I never feel that way when I wear any of my Tova's.

On my skin, the longevity is amazing! I put this on 17 hours ago. Four sprays, two on my torso and two on my back. Even after that many hours which includes an hour long run on a treadmill, I can still smell it on myself.

susanlouise9
susanlouise9

I've worn Tova Signature since its original formulation - back circa 1990....right through the various iterations (when QVC bought Tova Borgnine's company out and used a different perfumer and what seemed to be different/cheaper source notes)....Now I've purchased the latest iteration which has a burnished gold top with a dark bow and is suppose to smell as close to the original as possible (considering the strict laws now about certain source notes).

This is a nice formula, but is more of a hint of what the original Tova Signature smelled like back in the day. It's not bad though and if you like a light, skinscent that's mostly lavender, sandalwood and musk you might enjoy this.

vena w
vena w

Far & away different from the original. It seems when they added the aldehydes, something went haywire. I loved the original--it was soft, different, long-lasting and never gave me a headache. The same can't be said for the new version. It's more of a strong chemical than a perfume.

reignydaze
reignydaze

My mother adores this fragrance. Smells very clean, expensinve, floral and really does cling. Unfortuately for me the very heavy handed aldehydes are unrelenting and cause me to have a stinking headache. I do love to smell it on my mother though.

lara0905
lara0905

Chic in the bottle.I love how it's just cover me a soft powdery cloud all day.It's light but very complex smell on my skin. I feel the pure feminity when I'm wearing it.Beautiful from the opening until the end.:)
I found some similarities with The Body Shop White Musk.

This is a classic. It's very powdery-soapy. A perfume close to it would be Estee Lauder White Linen. Signature has a great staying power and can be too overwhelming. When I had it, I found it interesting. By now I wouldn't buy it anymore, because it's so strong and clean. In the meanwhile there are some variations out. I like "Signature Autumn" most. My favourite Tova scent is "Body Mind Spirit" nevertheless.

guest_gaynorb
guest_gaynorb

this is the only perfume I have used and stayed with me all day. Have even had comments from strangers asking what I have on as it smells so nice.Just bought another bottle.

harleydavigirl
harleydavigirl

I get so many compliments on this, it nice and light, great for the summertime.

Tova Signature by Tova Beverly Hills 4.17 out of 5 based on 48 ratings and 10 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Tova Beverly Hills Tova Signature fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Tova Beverly Hills Tova Signature, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Tova Signature by Tova Beverly Hills. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Tova Signature by Tova Beverly Hills represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.