Designers » T-Z » « Groups

Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Trish McEvoy for women
dislike

sour
Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Trish McEvoy for women Pictures

This is one of more popular scents by Trish McEvoy, which was in 2000. Fresh, sweet and modern fruity nuances in the top are blended with white rose, sweet vanilla and musk in the base.

Blackberry Vanilla Musk White Rose Cashmere Wood

Velvet Amber Blackberry

Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Fragrance Reviews

lizardqueen
lizardqueen

I'm usually not a fan of very sweet fragrances, yet I find this quite sweet and also somewhat addictive. It's nothing like the brambly, green blackberry of Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay or the aftershave musk of L'Artisan Mure et Musc. Just sweet blackberry with just a touch of vanilla and light musk. Happy and simple. A perfect autumn scent.

ArtzGirl

I tried this today and wanted to revisit it. This has a strong berry smell to it - and has a lift, very similar to room spray, but a little softer. I'm drawn to this on days that you want to project light, happy, playful. This is not as sophisticated as the Rose Oud spray, but has a completely different function.

This would be a fragrance that you could wear to a number of different events. It isn't so strong that you couldn't wear it year round. This is a great fragrance for that reason.

I like it - it is definitely on my list of new fragrance purchases.

wendy nicholls
wendy nicholls

what a wonderful fragrance, its like real blackberry's just pick you will smell absolutely gorgeous in this I love it yummy.

SS79
SS79

I WANT THIS SO BAD!!!!! :-(

jemille
jemille

I really love this fragrance. It's the only blackberry one that I've found that doesn't smell too much like candy. I can kind of also get a very faint almost lemony smell in the background, but that might just be me. I have found that the longevity isn't so great on me; I can only smell it for 2-3 hours before I need to reapply. However, it's just so good, that it's worth the money, IMO.

Lucy Peach

My nearly new bottle of No 9 Blackberry and Vanilla Musk smashed to pieces on the bathroom floor - I was gutted!! I couldn't afford to buy another bottle straightaway so I ordered a small roller-ball Sexy No 9 instead to see what it was like. It's gorgeous and did not disappoint!! It has the same delicious blackberry/warm vanilla drydown but it starts with off with a punch of spiciness and patchouli (that's not overpowering). It's a lovely fragrance that I'm now wearing lots. Will definitely purchase a bigger sized bottle when I can!

Update...still loving this but now finding the patchouli annoying so will go back to the original No. 9 Blackberry and Vanilla Musk in the Autumn when it's probably best worn

Imadele
Imadele

I completely agree with the review by fragrancefiend and
enjoyed this perfume even more because of her .. Thank you.

Lucy Peach

My favourite perfume buy of the year so far! Delicious fresh ripe juicy berries and soft vanilla. Lovely musk. Later on I get a sort of warming cosy candy floss hit. So delicate and gorgeous I'm hooked!

This is so delicious and a perfect scent for the autumn. I'm loving it right now! Mouthwatering blackberries, not oversweet, authentic natural vanilla that does not overpower. And light lingering musk. It's really a wonderful balance. And on my skin it lasts for hours. I can't stop smelling myself and saying mmmmmmmmm! My new number one.

katemcq
katemcq

It combines a nice, creamy and very sweet vanilla with those scented dolls from the '70s and '80s. That is the big picture. The concept seems kind of Jo Malone like, but the execution and quality are more Bath and Body Works. I smell a lot of citrus in it; it could just as easily be "Grapefruit and Vanilla Musk" as Blackberry - I don't get berry at all, though there is a dollop of sweetness. It just doesn't all add up.

ArtzGirl

I tried this while walking through the department store the other day. This has a very clean, berry- type smell to it. I like this, but want to revisit it, in order to write a more indepth report. I tried several fragrances and this was one of the favorites that I tried the day at the department store.

This is good.
It is classic, sweet, clean, and alluring.
This draws you in.

kabelaced
kabelaced

I spritzed some of this on one wrist and Philosophy's Falling In Love on the other wrist. Honestly, they smelled the same to me, but the Trish McEvoy lasted longer.

So if you like this smell, but are on a budget, consider Falling in Love; but if you like the scent to last longer, definitely buy this instead.

A lovely sweet scent that is youthful, yes, but very comforting and uplifting to me.

lilsniffer
lilsniffer

If I had to choose just one fragrance for the rest of my life Trish McEvoy's #9 Blackberry and Vanilla Musk would be my signature.

It reminds me of blackberry picking as a girl. The initial blast is very fresh, green, more crushed leaves and blackberry vine, but that doesn't last long. Then comes ripe, sweet, juicy blackberries and vanilla and a touch of musk. The basenotes of vanilla and musk linger for quite some time on me. This is one I forget I'm wearing until a breeze wafts over me and I wonder what that delicious smell is and I realize, it's me!

Blackberry and Vanilla Musk has been compared to Philosophy's Falling in Love and rightfully so, but there are differences. FiL doesn't have the initial green notes that I love in #9 and its longevity is not nearly as good. It costs less though, and is similar so if you want a better value with a similar vibe try FiL.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

Victoria secret type, Nice vanilla, sweet, fruity-floral, moderate longevity, nice for young age.

Umka2010
Umka2010

Was looking for something to replace the loved L Feu D'Issey. This oneis sort of..

nicolel
nicolel

I had a giftcard to Bergdorf's and bought a 9 gift set blind. The set included a large original 9 and a Sexy 9. The original 9 is what I expected, a light berry-vanilla, as soon as I smelled it, it was quite familiar, in that a lot of women in my local area must wear it. It is fine as a day at the office fragrance, pretty linear and safe, no wow factor for me, but pleasant enough. As others have said its similar to a Bath & Body scent, but you can smell that the quality is better.

What was surprising was the Sexy. Apparently musk automatically means more sexy to perfumers. I sprayed it on my wrists and sniffed for several hours. This struck me as a very unisex scent, almost solely masculine. Unfortunately my skin chemistry is too salty to pull off the Sexy 9 as feminine. So I gave it to my husband, not telling him that it is classified as a woman's perfume. He wears it daily and it smells wonderful on him! I think if a man is looking to wear something that would be unique among his friends, he should look into this. Especially if he likes patchouli, musk with a slightly-tart-berry that would appeal to women nearby, this would be an interesting and good choice. It is also strangely warmly spicey and icy at the same time, but I think would suit the Fall and Winter seasons best.

asphyxia
asphyxia

I wanted to try this so badly as they don't have Trish Mcevoy in my country. So, I joined the crazy bidding war on ebay. When I first sprayed it on, it smelt sourish to me. On drydown, it became a sweeter, blackberry candy smell that was so pleasant and delicious. The flipside is that this doesn't last long AT ALL :( I can't even smell it on myself 1 hour after I've sprayed it. And I need to spray at least 5 times before the smell becomes apparent - very disappointing for the high price I paid for EDP. After a few months, my 50ml bottle is almost depleted! :( Strangely, the scent lingers on my clothes for a long time. This ain't a perfume that will get you compliments because of its low sillage - probably people within your arm's length would be able to smell it. Guess I won't repurchase because of the prohibitive cost. However I'll stop using whatever I have left and keep it to sniff now and then....

gelhikun
gelhikun

No.9 for me is a very "natural" scent. I don't get much of the vanilla, but I do get the blackberry. It's not so much the sugary/jam type of blackberry. On me, it smells like a blackberry bramble and reminds me of blackberry picking on a hot summer day. Longevity is a little weak (fades in approx. 2hrs on me) but it is a delicious scent.

tsunnami
tsunnami

I received a small bottle of this as an xmas gift from my bf at the time's family - so I sprayed it on the shower curtain (hah) to see what it would be like.

My bathroom smelled great! I wanted to smell like that! Unfortunately, when I put on the perfume, it goes almost immediately to this sour smell and then fades. :( But again - it smells wonderful when not sprayed on me.

So this one is a negative ghost rider ...& another example of why it's good to get a small sample of a perfume to test with your body chemistry before buying.

annasmells
annasmells

Sweet and fruity and warm all at once, and packs a surprising amount of longevity. Not a lot of compliments wearing this one but I certainly enjoy smelling it throughout the day. I will always have this around!

citadel
citadel

Very simple and sweet--not exactly complex but it definitely doesn't smell cheap, either. Unfortunately, I do not own this. A friend and I were shopping one day and I spritzed this, announced my love for it, and said I would be back next week to purchase it. In that time, my friend went back and bought it for herself. Since we were roommates, I didn't want us both smelling the same and gave up on it. Sad.

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

I got this because I love Philosophy's Unconditional Love scent, but I know their perfume lasts about a minute. I used UL in the shower and as a lotion and then Sexy 9 as a fume, and it was sooo nice. It has that similar berry/musk with a little floral quality that I love about UL. This is not too sweet at all, especially for blackberry. Mild sillage, but I could smell it on me through the whole day. More than I expected. I got a 15 ml and will have to see if I get a bigger bottle when that is gone. It would be a definite if I didn't have such a ridiculous amount of perfume!

desertrat
desertrat

LOVE it! To me, the first spritz is lemon and blueberries - DIVINE! It says Summer - casual - light... It deliciously expresses all things new and life renewed... Great for anyone wanting to reinvent and feeling a little lost. No. 9 can be layered with Sexy 9 and also Trish beautifully... All Trish McEvoy's fragrances are made to layer with each other as they are made with essential oils... Mixing and matching is part of the fun... I love them...

twinbeauty
twinbeauty

Remember the dolls in 70s: Strawberry Shortcake, Apple Dumpling and Blueberry Muffin? Well, this perfume is definitely the scent used for Blueberry Muffin Doll. This scent is my "mommy perfume" which I use to be around the babies because it is light, sweet, happy and comforting. I don't think this is particularly sexy smell.

almarie
almarie

This is a beautiful scent. I think it is a little too similar to the Philosophy Falling In Love perfume, though. I already have that one, and since they are almost exact, I will stay with the Philosophy one because it is much less expensive and I already own it.

liverpool2sex
liverpool2sex

I now have both versions of Trish McEvoy No.9 Blackberry & Vanilla and believe me they are sooooo very different. I have the original Blackberry & Vanilla and NOW have the Blackberry & Vanilla Sexy and love them both. But to be totally honest I do prefer the latest version of the Sexy. Yes they both have the gorgeous tooty fruity smell with the blackberry and vanilla (and BTW men seem to love the smell of blackberry and vanilla this I found first off a over 5 years ago when wearing Philosophy Falling in love (still love that)and then when they added Unconditional Love which is similar but a bit more musky! I had guys saying they wanted to eat me!!! I think they meant that in a good way? Lol! So it defo became my evening out perfume especially when i'm single (giving my hints away now! Lol)) Anyway getting back to this! Lol! Both have the lovely Blackberry and Vanilla fragrance that can be worn day and night and is definitely NOT offensive and strong during the day. But I find that the Sexy one is stronger and has a slightly more musky smell and definitely lasts longer during the day in a warm office. The reason also for me thinking it lasts longer is there is a slight change to the fragrance after a few hours and it gets slightly softer and smells like the Original No.9 so that could be the reason I can still smell it slightly after a 8hr day at work but when I wear the original after about 4/5 hrs can hardly smell the perfume but also that could be because my nose has got used to the fragrance but am not sure because if I spray it again I can smell the original again but I suppose that could also be because it is the notes being activated/woken up by my nose because they are stronger again and you get that original burst? Maybe I should ask my workmates if they can still smell it? Lol! But TBH out of the 2 (and don't get me wrong I love them both) the No.9 Sexy is stronger and longer lasting and has a slightly more sensual seductive smell (which is prob why it is called sexy? Doh me! Lol)and also why the Sexy No.9 is slightly more expensive than the Original No.9 as it is longer lasting also? But they are both gorgeus fragrances that every female should own as they both lift your spirits and make you feel happy and are slightly playful also. I would say this perfume is also suitable for any age from 16-100 years old because of the playful, sensual, uplifting notes. But just be aware you will have men loving the fragrance and smelling you. Men just seem to love the mix of blackberry, vanilla and subtle musk (maybe it's the food/sweets entity? But i'm not complaining! Lol)

Terese2
Terese2

I almost missed out on this gentle wonder of a scent. It was the word "blackberry" in the title that put me off. Truth be told, I am nauseated by the fruity trend in modern perfumes. P-tooey to peach. Yuck, no! double yuck to melon. Blackberry seemed in that same revolting catagory.

Was I wrong! This juice is luscious. A Madagascar vanilla is married to a fresh natural blackberry scent - perfectly tempered by musk. This lovely mix does not have the candy quality of some vanillas nor the tangy scent of fake fruit flavor. The musk is delicate, not masculine. The effect is peaceful and feminine.

This fragrance is so comforting a cocoon I wear it to bed. It is a exquisite swirl of scent that I wear to boring meetings or stressful encounters. With its low sillage, I am the sole beneficiary of its quiet lovliness. Somehow, it strengthens me. Wow.

kalios55
kalios55

Blackberry & Vanilla Musk...

I bought a bottle in the middle of summer and I did not like this Blackberry & Vanilla Musk at all. It was a scent of nothingness when the weather was hot and humid out side.

Lo & Behold .. When air was crisp and cold. Blackberry & Vanilla Musk turned into something scrumptious and lovely.

My nose caught bursts and bursts of sweet & tart black and blue berries. Vanilla was transparent and pretty. Musk was light and sensual. The 3 main compositions were mixed in a perfect ratio.

Blackberry & Vanilla Musk reminded me of the smell of frozen fruit slush. Mixing crushed ice with frozen blackberries and a tad of vanilla flavored syrup in a blender. The scent is lightly sweet, cold, and delightful.

Lasted 5+ hours on my skin but stayed close. I like it very much. My new winter perfume .. I found you

:o)

dreambiology
dreambiology

A blackberry/cotton candy mess! I had high hopes considering i love blackberry and vanilla, but this did not feel fresh at all.

puddley
puddley

Delightful!
This fragrance leads with a very strong blackberry and dries to a soft warm fruity/spicy vanilla. It's initially very similar (unsurprisingly) to L'artisan's Mure et Musk, but as the Mure et Musk retains it's blackberry scent all the way through, this fragrance ends up slightly gingery.
I doubt I'll buy it soon as it so similar to those I already have but it's definitely a future purchase.
I think it's a bed fragrance, both sensual and feminine and ultimately comforting.

stella-00
stella-00

i agree with all the comments. i went through a number of bottles of perfume + body cream+ body lotion , plus candles and soaps in the same blackburry/vanilla scent....BUT - only when i am in lust or in love.... Sorry for confession... It works miracles on men, this is my NUMBER 1 armor from my fragrance collection in love-matters.... So girls, if u want a great night with ur man-this perfume will do half the job for u !!! :-)) so u ll just lay back and enjoy! :-))

filleaplumes
filleaplumes

This has been my signature scent for years and also my boyfriend's favorite! Blackberry is my favorite fruit and the smell of it makes me salivate. Reminds me of the pie I bake every summer after picking fresh sun kissed berries, then eating a warm slice with some vanilla ice cream!! The rose and musk uniquely sexes up the scent; imagine eating that delicious pie in floral lace and a lot of sensual finger licking....lol!! I'm not usually a fan of vanilla but the tartness of the blackberry balances it to the perfect amount of sweet. I have yet to find anyone that doesn't like this scent and have had many friends purchase it right after smelling mine. I'd recommend it for all ages and all seasons... although the musk may be a bit too strong on hot days for some.

Sexy 9 seems to be the 9's musk counterpart as if the blackberry and musk switched contents here. I've seen many men go bonkers over the original's gourmand take I just don't see this one having the same mouthwatering effect. Something about it is far too familiar to me... running along same lines as other nauseating spicy chypres like Angel that I can't ever seem too avoid going out; fortunately Sexy 9 is a more toned down version. Its as though my yummy pie was dipped in Old Spice! Just not my cup of tea... almost too masculine... now that I think of it probably would work better as a men's fragrance. I'm going to wash my wrist now!

Trish McEvoy 9 BLACKBERRY & VANILLA MUSK is a fresh blackberry scent with a touch of vanilla and a clean musk base. Very natural smelling and pleasing to the nose, albeit not at all profound. The longevity is not very good, and the sillage pretty low. I used more than one-third of my 6 ml roller ball just to test this today. Very light for an alleged edp.

SEXY 9 BLACKBERRY & VANILLA MUSK, a flanker or special edition (not sure which, since they came together in a roller ball set...) throws some spices into the composition of the original to ramp up the "sexy" factor, and I think that it does just a touch. I believe that nutmeg is one of the spices, and there may also be a touch of amber here.

I can recommend both of these creations to those looking specifically for a perfume with a dominant blackberry note. The first one is very clean and uncluttered; the second has some spiciness and a bit more complexity.

ktv0926
ktv0926

Oh, I just love it! I agree with all comments below - delicately sweet, feminine; flirty and young, but somehow deep and mature at the same time. It reminds me Christmas, family gathering, candles, it brings smile to my face!

poppy_vanderbilt
poppy_vanderbilt

Yeah very close to the real smell of blackberry you can get...it stays sweet the whole time it is on the skin and has very long staying power....the smell is not complex ..it is pretty much a straight forward blackberry vanilla scent from beginning to end.

GreyAngel
GreyAngel

This is such a pretty, feminine fragrance - it is so girly, but definitely NOT for little girls, if that makes any sense! The blackberry and white rose notes are flirty and young, but with the musk and vanilla, it has a sensuality at its heart too that gives it depth of character that puts this perfume head and shoulders above pretty much every other "fruity floral" fragrances out there. Perfect for a woman of any age! Much better than its next closest imitator, Philosophy's Falling in Love. This is much more deep and complex, sort of like a young vs. mature red wine - same creature but one is so much better than the other!!!

judith
judith

Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk is one of the best vanilla scents out there. This is not overly sweet and it is not synthetic smelling. Lasts 8+ hours on my skin.

I highly recommend this to all lovers of sweet or vanilla fragrances.

fragrancefiend
fragrancefiend

After this dries, it has one of the most authentic blackberry fragrances I have encountered. It smells like how ripe blackberries warmed in the sun taste. After 30 minutes or so, the musk kicks in and it smells more like warm blackberry pie, sugary with a little lemon rind. I love it!

Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk by Trish McEvoy 4.33 out of 5 based on 160 ratings and 38 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Trish McEvoy Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about Trish McEvoy Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk by Trish McEvoy. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Trish McEvoy 9 Blackberry & Vanilla Musk by Trish McEvoy represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.