Designers » T-Z » Oriental Floral « Groups

Forsaken True Blood for women

Forsaken True Blood for women
dislike

Forsaken True Blood for women Pictures Forsaken True Blood for women Pictures Forsaken True Blood for women Pictures Forsaken True Blood for women Pictures Forsaken True Blood for women Pictures

The successful TV series about vampires from the broadcaster HBO, True Blood, got its first cosmetic collection and the first perfume named Forsaken. These products are made in collaboration with the HSN company and the fragrance is developed by Givaudan perfumers.

Forsaken perfume is described as an addictive and opulent blend of light and dark notes that evoke mysterious and seductive atmosphere of the series. The top notes burst with pulpy fruits (citruses, I imagine) and zesty pear, complemented by the heart of night blooming jasmine of Queen of the Night flower. The base captures dark muskiness of patchouli and amber.

True Blood Forsaken is available as Eau de Parfum, scented body lotion and shimmer body powder. Forsaken was launched in 2012.

Citruses Pear

Night blooming Cereus

Patchouli Amber

Love Rocks
Ricci Ricci

Forsaken Fragrance Reviews

Wendie Gates
Wendie Gates

I am in love with this perfume. Not to strong have a hard time wearing certain fragrances because of allergies and this one ROCKS!!! Like everything I will be in love with it and they will probably quit making it. That had been my luck for years. Please whoever reads these try and keep this one on the market it's a keeper!!!!

alex_deshazo
alex_deshazo

I got this for a steal price off HSN for $10. I was a little disappointed because it smelt like something I already owned I was expecting something more original, dark and sinful almost spooky if you will. How ever I Didn't really get that so to say, If you have every smelt love rocks by Victoria's Secret, true blood smell exactly like that! True blood has a bit more dark fruit smell to it where as love rocks was more vanilla/amber like. But they smell like the exact same perfume so if you loved love rocks by Victoria's Secret and have a hard time finding it because it's discontinued pick up a bottle of true blood you can still get it for full price from HBO's online store along with the rest of the true blood forsaken fragrance line. The funny thing is that true blood was such a huge deal in my family we would host true blood Sundays at one another's house and before forsaken came out I wore love rocks by VS on true blood nights so I find it funny that of all the scents to choose from they choose the one that smells like something I already associated with true blood. What are the odds? :D win win for me!

Happyvalleygirl
Happyvalleygirl

I purchased the Eau de Parfum and body cream set for $10 on clearance from HSN. While I'm not blown away, it was a decent bargain. This is a very inoffensive scent that is perfect for cooler weather. I do wish that they wouldn't have played things as safely as they did. I was hoping for smoke and intrigue.

JenAtticus
JenAtticus

I got this for $15 on HSN and I think it is worth $15-30. I would not have liked this if it was too dark/romantic, it appeals to the masses which is what a perfume like this needs to do. Reminds me of most of the perfumes I would pick up and test at a Lancome counter. It's not my style, I like tropical scents but it is nice for fall.

amy1983
amy1983

This smells similar to Beyonce's Elixir,but salty,and not as strong. It's not in your face,it's understated.
The scent matches the bottle,dark with some saltiness added in. It's sultry and vampy.
I like the blood drops hanging off the bottle,and the blood-red cap.
I think that this would be good for a date.

melissa3888
melissa3888

I don't have a pony in this race.
I haven't smelled it.
I don't watch True Blood.
I am just rolling my eyes at the complete marketing miss of pouring a PEAR topnote, fruit and patchouli juice into a 'SEXY VAMPIRE' bottle. Just more of the generic,sweet swill out there for the under 25 crowd? They are clearly just selling the bottle.

And it only has 5 notes?!? Shouldn't this be an intriguing chypre with the complex mix of amber/musk/moss, some plum and other dark fruits, jasmine and violet, bitter citrus & vanilla? We're looking for something in the shadows but completely alluring, right? Come on--Vamp! Someone SO compelling you follow them into the scary, dark alley!

It's like the game where you re-cast a movie with the people that you think would have better portrayed the character. A late night solo mission on the laptop to reformulate the juice in the bottle. Your turn--what would you pour into the bottle?

Eynat
Eynat

I bought this perfume when it just came out, and I couldn’t run fast enough to return it. It is too generic, plastic-like, and sweet. I expected a smoky sent with a hint of patchouli lingering in the background. There is absolutely nothing seductive or vamp about this perfume. I am no cheapskate when it comes to perfumes, but this perfume feels like something generic from the drugstore that is over prices.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

Patchouli and pear,these are the only notes I can pick
up!Too sweet to be dark and mysterious,too fruity to
be dangerous.A little disappointed,not worthy of a vampire or goth girl.The bottle is pretty,so it will remain a collectors edition,unused.Try Givenchy-
Ange ou Demon,when you feel your fangs coming through! :-)

jwjulie24
jwjulie24

Some seem to dislike this fragrance because it's not dangerous enough. I don't want to smell dangerous. I want to smell inviting. I like the initial strong blast, but Forsaken is best after it has settled for a couple of hours. So warm and inviting. And, yes, the bottle is beautiful.

kalee23
kalee23

The bottle IS gorgeous, but the scent does not conjure evil as I had hoped. In all fairness my nose had already discovered the perfect True Blood juice in Cartier’s Baiser du Dragon - the Dragon’s Kiss. Dangerous, sultry, and it will make you want to do bad things. It's what I imagine vampire pheromones would be...

elizabethari
elizabethari

I was sooo hoping this would sound intriguing...so hoping. Another tutti frutti floral. Yawn! We need a new trend already.

How I would love to see someone come up with a deliciously stinky, dirty scent for something like this.

TheLadyApryle
TheLadyApryle

Got this for my birthday, and am wearing it today. Let me say up front I AM A PATCHOULI GIRL, but this is not a patchouli driven scent. Having said that, I will say the amber and the pear relate to one another in the lovliest way - not as dangerous as I would've liked and I do get the Midnight Fantasy reference. The price point is justified by the bottle alone..and 4 hours in I'm still getting that "what are you wearing" effect. So perhaps not a signature scent, but I'm glad my friend thought enough of me to buy it!!

TheScentWarrior
TheScentWarrior

I am in love with the bottle and its design, but I do NOT care for the "juice" within. It stinks and it bites. lol!

pugnose
pugnose

Smells to me a lot at first like Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears. Very expensive looking bottle but the fragrance is weak especially after an hour and headache inducing for me. I don't detect the patchoulli in it. I pick up on the plum and a powdery smell. The notes that are listed on this site aren't accurate. I'm sending it back from where I bought it. Can't justify the cost for something so one dimensional.

lizbet
lizbet

The notes listed on the HSN website where this perfume is currently sold are:

Top Notes: Dark Blackberry, Anjou Pear, Blood Orange
Mid Notes: Night Blooming Jasmine, Sheer Violet, Black Plum
Base Notes: Ebony Wood, Amber Crystals, Patchouli, Vanilla

For me the major note that I smell is Patchouli. So this perfume is for people who love Patchouli.

Whit
Whit

This is for sale on HSN.com. They have the perfume and the body cream. I wouldn't care to try it; it might be pretty good!

loonad
loonad

saw it on sale on ebay for $70..

shelleyroby
shelleyroby

True Blood is one of my favorite shows! I would buy this perfume just for the bottle alone.

mrsblades
mrsblades

Just won a bottle from paper mag...i'll post a review asap :)

Lextasia
Lextasia

Can't wait to buy it! I love True Blood and would really like to have this perfume in my collection :) I don't like pear note but I hope it wouldn't last long. The bottle looks a bit cheap for me but I'll buy it anyways ;)

maiju
maiju

Anyone know if this will be sold outside of the US? And if so, where can I get a whiff of this?

My sister is a big fan of the show and if the juice is decent I would love to give this to her as a present. I must admit, I'm quite pessimistic as to whether 'Forsaken' will be a scent that meets my requirements but I'm trying to stay hopeful that they've managed to bottle the sexiness that is such a dictinct part of the show.

Based on the photos, the bottle design seems to practically scream "well isn't this what you'd expect of True Blood?" and while I appreciate the jewelry details that resemble droplets of blood, it all seems a little too cliché to me. Who knows, maybe seeing the bottle live might change to mind.

EDITED TO ADD: I found some information on the web that this scent will be available on HSN in August, HBO's shop in September and available worldwide via selected retailers in late 2012. Everybody keep your fingers crossed that there'll be a selected retailer near you! :)

twillocks
twillocks

This sounds interesting. Can't wait to try it out.

SandraV
SandraV

Silly-someone always has to 'dislike' perfumes even before they are released.Personally I want it for the bottle alone;)

pomdgf
pomdgf

Can't wait to buy this perfume ! I don't know exactly about the scent but I hope it will definitely sexy and mysterious. Personally I love pear scent in any fragrances. Finally, the bottle so beautiful.

Forsaken by True Blood 4.11 out of 5 based on 42 ratings and 24 user reviews

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about True Blood Forsaken fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. If you have more information about True Blood Forsaken, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Forsaken by True Blood. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Forsaken by True Blood represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.